Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to the most dramatic podcast ever.
Speaker 3: Lauren Zima and Chris Harrison.
Speaker 1: Hello, everybody.
Speaker 2: Coming to you from, as Chris always says, the home office in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 3: And I'm taking the.
Speaker 2: Reins a little bit today for this playbook. You know, on the playbook we get into something that's a little more evergreen, just a good topic of discussion, and I was inspired to spring something on you our daughter Taylor.
Speaker 3: She's been watching Love Island with her friends.
Speaker 1: And it just gott's great.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think Love Island has maybe finally figured out its formula after a few like it was fame. It started out in England, then CBS aired it for a few years and it did not do well and it was very expensive, and then they brought it to Peacock and it still wasn't really doing well, and then they brought on Ariano Mattox of vander Pump Rules to host, and maybe that combined with again, I guess this is just maybe they've gotten their casting and producing finally figured out.
Speaker 3: I've heard it's a good season.
Speaker 1: I guess that's the good thing. For the streamers is they could kick it off, NBC, put it down in the minor leagues, put it on Peacock, figure it out, and now it's it's really found its footing, so good. Kudos to the Peacock and NBC for giving it time.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if they're spending less when it was on CBS. I remember even thinking, God, the amount of money they're spending on like royalties for songs. It's like, you don't have to spend money to make a show good. It's all about the content.
Speaker 1: And I truly believe that it was like the people who had an idea for a business and they went and bought the most expensive office space in the city, and they got into the product and they didn't even have a desk to put in it yet.
Speaker 2: Before the worst is they say, by the way, let me just do a quick side track. But that comment I just made, I don't think you heard me say it, and I want no if you agree with it. I said, oh, it's like a marriage, like you got married and it's like, oh, it's not working out, but I got to put a couple of years in.
Speaker 3: Do you think put a couple of years in.
Speaker 2: Or cut and run if you're feeling wrong about a marriage right now, No, I think I mean, and this is not the playbook topic. Yeah, and by the way, this is not and this hopefully this isn't personal.
Speaker 3: It's not about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, this isn't about to happen. But if you do, cut and ron, let's finish the podcast. But I believe yes, when you have kind of you are contractually obligated to kind of see this through and actually to put an effort into Whereas I think if you're just dating it's casual, or even if you've been dating a little bit, you're like, I think it's easier to break up. I think it's easier to walk away. There's not as much emotional, financial, and your life. You haven't moved in together, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And that's why I say to people, don't get married too fast. People have asked me, what do you think is the most important indicator of whether you should marry someone? And I always save time time, give it time, go through some stuff to at least four seasons.
Speaker 1: At least I've got to go through all the seasons of life together.
Speaker 2: So Taylor and her friends have been watching Love Island and that made me, you know, I think, yeah, like, okay, something that's like I don't know, you can reinvigorate things. And we are, you know, working on a new dating show, and I wanted to ask you, with this new dating show that we're working on, if you had to cast our lead or even wanted to cast our lead from people from your past.
Speaker 1: Oh, if I was going to dip back into the bachelor.
Speaker 2: Word, back into the bachelor world, who would you cast as a lead?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, and are we are we starting with guys? So are we gonna start with bachelor's only?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's go into the guys.
Speaker 1: So if I was just starting bachelor.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I don't I'm well, okay, you go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, No, are there parameters to this because.
Speaker 2: I'm hesitant to like, I don't want you to tell me, like, you know Andrew Firestone, who you love, but who's been married for fifteen years and has three kings.
Speaker 1: Look, if I get a little bit feasible, if I had my way, I would just like I would grab all my boys. I'd grab Bob and Ben and whatever, and I would just do it all. Yeah, but with all three of I would grab like three or four guys. We'd do it all at once. We could all just hang out and.
Speaker 3: Well that's wait, like five leads at once.
Speaker 1: I would have five leads at once, probably three, so we'd have a foursome and we would probably shoot the whole thing at Pebble Beach. Like I would be a really selfish season. Maybe travel around in Europe a little bit, go to some soccer games. It would be uh. I don't think the women would enjoy this season at all. Yeah, okay, maybe I shouldn't be working on a TV show, But okay, if I couldn't use my ogs the guys that you know are married with kids, because it seems, you know, I don't want to be a complete.
Speaker 3: Homewaker, know that they were good TV.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest. I had talked to Jason Tartic. I thought Jason Tartick would have been a very good U lead for a show because I wanted him to be a lead on The Bachelor. I wanted him to be The Bachelor years ago, and I thought he would have been a good lead coming off his season and then he got together with Caitlin and then after the breakup, I thought he would be good I think he's happy in a loving relationship now, but I think he would have been a good one. Who am I? Here's that's the thing. This might be controversial, and maybe I'm a masochist, but I would do another season with one Pablo.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm curious. I'm curious, could we redeem? Has he grown? You know, has he evolved? I don't know. I haven't talked to one Pablo, and I don't know how many years ago that was that the season was on. But he was so malign and so, you know, viciously attacked. You know, you like it, and I like a challenge. I think I like shows that make that push that envelope, make you think, could he turn the tide and win everybody over? And give him an honest chance to do so?
Speaker 2: This I'm googling right now. I think he's single. It looks like he was married from twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen. Okay, he's forty three right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm just curious. I don't know what he looks like. Don't know, but another one, and this would also be a redemption story. And he is one of our neighbors.
Speaker 2: Brad Womack, Oh Brad Wollmack. He's single right now, and man, do I want that guy.
Speaker 3: To find life.
Speaker 1: I want Brad to find love because such a good guy. He's the nicest guy in the world. To be kind of a different version of the Wan Pablo season, because Brad is such a sweet guy and he's just been unlucky in love, and he has this great life. He's doing kind of this side business. Now he's got you know, he's got his money, he's got his life. He's mature, he's built like, I mean, a Donnist.
Speaker 2: Brad Walmack is, he's his next chapter might be a workout guru.
Speaker 1: Well he is. He's involved with a gym here in Austin. That's kind of one of his things, the uh. And so I think that he would be a very interesting season two to dive back in his life and see where he's at and could we reverse history, could we change that and help him find love eventually.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about both those guys which I think could still make them work. I say that, I mean I'm guessing with Juan Pablo, and I say this love for Brad.
Speaker 3: They both do still have I think some things to work through.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously because they're both single, so there's still some work to be done there. Like you said, you like a challenge, and I do think one thing that was always good about the show is, as you said, I'm quoting you, it makes you self reflect.
Speaker 3: It makes even if there's drama, and even though you're getting.
Speaker 2: Produced, you do do a lot of self reflection and if you're open to it, and if you do it right, maybe some growth. And so there's opportunity there with both of them, and forty three and Brad is fifty one. I mean, it's these guys, it's settled down. Time, find somebody, find a life, partner, time.
Speaker 1: And look again being selfish. If I just want ratings, do a show with Brian Absola, Oh fresh off divorce? Oh, I mean that time.
Speaker 3: I hadn't even thought about it.
Speaker 1: Tell me that. Tell me that show is not going to get great ratings.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 2: Sometimes this is when I this is when I remember that you your reality, you have a reality to be producer.
Speaker 1: Mind. The mind starts telling here, you're just my you're.
Speaker 3: My husband, not just my or my husband. But then sometimes I remember hell on a TV produced.
Speaker 1: Her mind, I'm like, what would get the headlines and what would bring that would do it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wow, that would be a show.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let me ask you a question about the Jason of it all. Huh, because I remember you saying you wanted him to be the Bachelor and then yeah, you had kind of before he was with the woman he's with now we had you'd had a few conversations with him like, hey, you know, if we start doing a new show, is this something you'd be open to? What is it about Jason that would make him a good lead? And are the same things that make Jason a good lead the same things that make everybody a good lead.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the things I think that makes anyone a good lead is that you have your your beloved. Here's the thing. You don't have to be beloved. It's you know, like a Wan Pablo even, I just don't want you to be apathetic. I want you to care about who the lead is and who the person is. You know, you got to have that emotional tie, good or bad. And so you know, Jason, we watched him evolve, We watched his hairstyles evolve from you know, kind of that guy from Buffalo to a man of the world. Now he's got his books and he's got social media, and he's so public now, and you know, he's he's shaving all parts of his body and he's working out nine times a day and he is He's perfect. Yeah, And I know I love him like a brother. And so we've watched him evolve, is the point, and he has become this beloved figure in our lives that a lot of people can relate to. And and can you feel like you can trust Jason too? I think he's very trustworthy and that's the financial side of him. He's very smart, articulate. So I just think he has that it factor that would really pop on reality TV. I think he'd be very good.
Speaker 2: And so it's different person a person. Is there any are there key things that you have to have your lead have, like are there non negotiables that have to be within a lead for them to work?
Speaker 1: An opinion like I need you to care they you know, milk Toast comes to mind. You just can't have milk Toast as your lead where people are like, okay, like I don't care if I watch Monday Night or not. I don't you know, I need you to care what happens to their story, either good or bad. You know, you can be so mad at me or so mad at the show. I can't believe you put this person on the air and your hate watching. That's fine, but you're watching and you have an opinion, you'll go on social media and you'll talk about it. And conversely, if you love somebody, you're going to go on social media, you're going to talk about it. But when you just have somebody who you're apathetic about and you just don't care about their story, honestly, it's probably what's happening right now with the Golden Bachelorette with the guys and her and I don't know who the Bachelorette is. I don't watch the show, but clearly apathy has set in with that show and people don't care about the story. And that's the death nail of a reality TV show. If they don't care about the franchise, if they don't care about the lead, if they don't care about the somebody on the show. And I'm sure they are desperately trying to fix this and editing right now, but you only have so much. You either have it in the can from filming or you don't. And my guess if they had something to fire, if they had that bullet, they would have fired it by now because they're under week three or four or something and it just isn't happening. So that is that's and by the way, as a producer, it sucks. It's scary when you're into a season and you just see apathy and you see people not caring about that season and you may have really fallen in love with that season and felt we got something here, we really have it, and you just aren't seeing it delivered in the ratings. It sucks because it's hard to change the tide and you're just going down with the ship and you just have to watch it unfold. For it's like death by a thousand pace cuts. You're just watching it, Yeah, and you can't stop the train. It's just going off the tracks.
Speaker 2: Let me throw out a few other people because I'll just remind you of who I think is still are still single and you can tell me if you bring them back on.
Speaker 3: Going all the way back.
Speaker 1: I mean Alex Michelle, I don't know where he is or if he's let's go back to number one, let's bring him back, like bring him you know, for I ran into somebody. It was so random. I think I talked about it on a prior podcast that they had seen him. But I do think he is a family man now is married with kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, well then he's not single. Okay, so Chris Soles.
Speaker 1: Chris Soles, that's a oh, he'd be a great one. You're right, suh. Still single, living in Iowa, still a farmer. That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: I think Chris Soles has some work to do on himself, as he does. I say this with love.
Speaker 1: By the way, our producer Kendall just chimed in because he's a neighbor of ours. Glenn Powell.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, well not a former bachelor.
Speaker 1: Not bachelor, but Glenn Powell. Glenn, he would be the ultimate.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I did used to think you, Kendle, because I did used to get that a lot of like I'd go on the Red Carpet and you know, I'd run into someone like you from entertainment tonight and said, if you could have anybody as the batter, who would it be? And I would say somebody like Glenn pal you know, charismatic, gorgeous, famous, rich, you know, single. I think he's single. I don't know they and we do an all Texas version that'd be good.
Speaker 2: Do you think that someone can be good on reality TV if they're so industry aware?
Speaker 1: So it'd be hard. Yeah, it'd be hard because very because crossing over you have to let go. You know. We talked about doing famous people all the time, and we had athletes reach out to us all the time, NFL football players, which, like, I think.
Speaker 2: That works a little bit better because they're not a little bit better film and TV awares.
Speaker 1: But let's say it's Tom Brady. We know, sure, but but I mean, but someone of his ilk. It doesn't have to be Tom Brady. But I'm just saying, when you get so famous and you're so like, you could use a third tier like former somebody who didn't quite make it in the league they kind of did. You can use that. But if someone's so famous, it's really hard unless they are so sincere about finding love, because I think they just like the idea of it and the actual I'm going to go date twenty five people from all across the country that you're just going to put in front of me, it's a very difficult thing to do.
Speaker 2: Now, there are still a few other bachelors who I think might be single, like a Jake Pavelka or a Ben Flannek. But I'm going to tell you who I would want to see.
Speaker 3: Peter Webber.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how did I miss that? Pilot Pete? Oh my gosh, Peter is genius.
Speaker 2: Listen, we're still really good friends with Peter. I believe he's single right now. To me, he's a few years into sort of his maturity. Now. He got a lot of flak on the show for a sort of being wishy wash you're letting his mom make his decisions. But he is more mature, and he, to me, always had what some of the golden years of the show had, which was he actually was someone who you'd maybe see on TV and aspire to date. He was a pilot. He has this great successful job. You know, he has a job. No handsome guy. So I would like to see Peter Webber again.
Speaker 1: Wow, Mike drop, Yeah, that's it. That's the home run.
Speaker 2: Well, let's move on to the bachelorettes now, because I do want to get into that. Anybody from the past world who you'd bring back. Let me pull up the list, but I'm gonna start.
Speaker 3: Here's the call to mind.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem with the batcherettes. They were good and most of them were successful. You have a lot more success with bacherettes than we had bachelor's, so there's not as many. You know, you look at some of your favorites, like you know, Jill, you have one.
Speaker 3: Major Okay, well, first, does anybody pop to mind to you?
Speaker 1: No, I'm trying to even think of a single.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you a major one. Who's I think single? Although she might be dating Zach Caitlyn Burst.
Speaker 1: Oh Caitlin. Yeah, I don't know if she's single or not, but you're right, she would be fantastic and talk about back to back seasons to Jason Tartick and then Katelyn Briste.
Speaker 3: God again your reality TV mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Caitlyn would be I would definitely have her back as the bacherette. She would be fantastic TV, because again, you care, you have, you have an opinion about Caitlyn, whether you love her, whether you don't like her. You want to see what she's going to do. She's compelling. Yeah, great, that's so that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's more important for the audience to have an opinion about the lead, or for the lead themselves to have opinions.
Speaker 1: And no, you need to have an opinion about the lead. Typically typically that's because your lead does have opinions, but it could be you know, look at someone like Emily Maynard, maybe the most beloved bacherette we ever had. She wasn't opinionated per se. She was a very strong woman, but she was just so beloved for being a mom and in the heartland, and so it wasn't like she was controversial. She was just so loved. Caitlin definitely would have a lot to say, though. She would be good.
Speaker 2: Okay, single bachelorettes. Is Deanna she is?
Speaker 1: That's so funny. I was just talking to one of the Stagliano brothers via text, speaking of keeping in touch with my community. We were talking about Deanna. But yeah, she's she got divorced unfortunately from her husband. Uh one of the Stagliano brothers, Stephen, And yeah she's single. So yeah, she'd be good. When i'd go back into that. God, I remember her season two where she settled down with Jesse, the snowboarder. I wonder what happened to him. I remember being on Veil Mountain and Deanna was like on the back of Jesse and like flying down the mountain. It was the most scary, dangerous thing I've ever seen. But that how did how did she ever end up on the back of a snowboarder? Wow?
Speaker 3: What about Taysha?
Speaker 1: Oh is she single? I have no idea?
Speaker 3: Oh no, wait, she was dating the guy from a Bravo show.
Speaker 1: Never I think we can still count her. I think we still cooun Tasha. Yeah, because that's not serious enough that we can't talk about it. We're not breaking up a family here. I would definitely make an offer to Tasha. She's I loved her. She's one of my favorite people that was on the show. Very kind, beautiful obviously and definitely attracted the attention you want from an audience. Yeah, she'd be good.
Speaker 2: And you're and the camera loved her. Oh my gosh, And you're right that. As I'm scrolling through this list.
Speaker 3: A lot of them are.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, more than the Bachelor's anyway. Some of them, you know, didn't get married on the show. But you look like Hannah Brown who's found love, and Claire and Andy Dorfman who's having a baby, and so like some of these women have gone on to fine love off the show.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone who's single who maybe wasn't a lead but from the franchise who pops to mind? Like you know, I was thinking we were recent with at Elon's producer along Gale's wedding was JP Rosenba.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, and well Ashley's found love but seems to be dating. But JP seems to be in a great spot to be on the show.
Speaker 3: What is a great spot to be on the show.
Speaker 1: A little bit of turmoil, a little bit eco, a little emotional, little chaos in your life, yet probably ready to move On's that's the sweet thing.
Speaker 4: Not quite fixed, but open emotional so you can see him continue the transformation. Yeah, you're right, I forgot about JPI love by the way, just a good guy, like such a good game.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's a sweet man. He was just you know what. I give him so much credit.
Speaker 2: He came to the wedding single, didn't bring a date, but he just rolled with everybody and he like, look, you know, he is such a simple read. Honestly, if somebody just looks out for the people around them, even if they don't know them that well, like by that, I mean, I mean that was the first time I met JP and he's like, I think you were in the bathroom or something.
Speaker 3: He's like, Elsie, can I get you drink? You need anything? Like, you know, the kind of person who just a gentleman.
Speaker 2: A gentleman or if I mean a lady should do that as well, sort of look around for the people around them. But that's a quick read on a person thoughtful of those around them.
Speaker 1: Also has one of those rare things a job, he has a career and a family man, you know, how to how to let's.
Speaker 2: Go crazy with what we're looking for in a lead, gainfully employed, pretty good person, emotional open, you know, let's let's bring back to the golden Yeah, you're talking crazy. Someone just popped into mind for me, Tyler Cameron of Hannah Brown season Yeah. Yeah, I don't know if Tyler's ready.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I haven't talked to him, want to either.
Speaker 2: I think he's like living a big life on social media and bopping around. I don't know if he's in a settled down period.
Speaker 1: Yes, he would be good, and that he's such a snack. Women would love to see him, you know, he would be the shirtless season. You know, it would be like Sean Low where he's just constantly in a shower and slow motion. It would be that if he would actually, here's my thing with Tyler and I like him, if he would honestly do it sincerely, if he was ready, if he was ready, and if he told me, Chris, it's time, I've jacked around long enough, I actually want to do this. I will obey by the actual rules. I'm not going to, you know, create chaos, as he tends to do, because he kind of just does things on his own terms.
Speaker 3: Which is fine.
Speaker 2: I said in an interview not too long ago that if he ever he'd want to host a reality dang show, not be on it, which speaks to where he's at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is fine, And you know that's the whole point is, like you would have to have a conversation with him, are you ready? And he would have to really throw himself at the mercy of the court and say, I'm ready. I give myself to you guys, I want to do this. I will be sincere, and then I think it would be a spectacular show. But until then it would just be and it would end in a total disaster, which could also be good TV.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of women who come to mind who I'm not. I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure if they're in relationships. I know that they're not married, so I'll name them. Kelly Flanagan of Peter's season.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know what she's up to.
Speaker 3: Smart, beautiful, opinionated.
Speaker 2: I laughed at the time because she so clearly was like kind of wise to the reality TV game of it more than other people. But I think if she same as read as with Tyler, if she really was genuinely trying to do it, she'd be amazing. Cassie Randolph of Colton season, she was just oh yeah, beautiful and easy to love, so loved.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she's in a relationship, and I think she is.
Speaker 3: I think she might be in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you one as we wrap this up. Yes, a celebrity bachelorette. You know, we picked a couple of celebrity bachelors, like a pal or an athlete like Tom Brady, who is single, who would be like the ultimate bachelorette right now? Who is that?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Like Sydney Sweeney, No.
Speaker 2: She's dating, she's with someone, she's in a pretty she actually may be secretly married.
Speaker 3: There's some headlines about that ultimate bachelorette.
Speaker 1: Who is that now? Like in this day and age? Is it Kristin Cavaleri? Oh, now that she's broken up from her chear Justice? Yeah? Oh thirty seven perfect age. I think she'd be fantastic.
Speaker 3: Same thing as Tyler Cameron though, who she had famous?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is she ready?
Speaker 2: I don't know if she's ready to dive into another marriage, but I do think she.
Speaker 3: Could be great TV.
Speaker 1: Food for thought? Ok, food, Hey have that interesting? What about I mean, if we're going big Kendall Jenner, Well, no, I look, we threw Tom Brady on the mount rushmore less. I'm just saying, if I'm doing a red carpet interview or someone goes, who would you you know, who would be your ultimate bachlerett, I'm like, Okay, who's the ultimate kJ By the way, I would love just because I would have Chris on and she would really take over on the Shay's host and I would let her host the show for her daughter.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was the gig Zendaya, but she's with it in a very adorable relationship with Tom Holland.
Speaker 3: But if you're really going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mount Rushmore and you can say anyone, but I don't know it kind of part of me also wants to go more interesting than that.
Speaker 1: Well that's why I think Christian Cavalieri is not only aspiring to get but interesting TV like she would be good because her love life has been such a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean interesting, like like quirky and unexpected. If you're talking, you're Mount Rushmore is like, you know, there's some people who are like on the show Bridgerton who I think would be good, Nikola who was just on the lead. She's like, loves reality TV and I think she could be fun to watch. Okay, well we've really dove deep. Thank you for playing this little game with me, and we'll see. We'll see as we continue to work on some new TV for you guys. And by the way, if you have thoughts, let us know who you'd want to see cast as a new lead.
Speaker 1: We are interested and we will do this again next because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most Dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.