Speaker 1: Comedy Off Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes Jay Drena March sixth through the eighth, Then catch club favorite and nep you Tommy March thirteenth through the sixteenth, and don't miss Michael Pallisak March twenty first and twenty second. Comedy Off Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Four tickets call eight five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot.
Speaker 2: Com off Bay.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Well, welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio, Monday, March the tenth.
Speaker 5: I'm Matt Jones here on a beautiful day.
Speaker 4: It is what two days before the SEC Tournament begins. Kentucky gets a big win on Saturday, and you give sewn the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A Vision Auto Glass text machine is seven and two four five two five four In this edition sponsored by the t J. Smith.
Speaker 5: Love as you call TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 4: Ryan and Drew are in Lexington, Guys. I listened to the postgame show a lot of it on Saturday. I just have one question. This is my initial question. All Right, Drew, were you Were you inebriated during the postgame show on Saturday?
Speaker 6: No, not really inebriated, but that was maybe the most chaotic show I think we've ever done. Setting up in the doorway might not have been our best position because the moment we would go to talk, we would immediately get interrupted by some kind of superhero or someone not wearing much clothes who wanted to get way too close. So it was it was hard to do anything that day.
Speaker 4: Shannon, I'm not sure if I agree with him. I don't know if I believe Drew on that because I heard it and it felt like to me that was a Drew Franklin I've recognized over the years.
Speaker 5: But it was in cell Ryan of a massive.
Speaker 4: Victory Saturday, going on the road against Missouri, getting a win that is huge for the season, ensures that you're not only you know, you already had to buy through the first round the SEC tournament, but ensure as you're not on the Auburn side of the bracket, gets you probably a three seed in the NCAA tournament, makes you where you could probably play close enough to home that UK fans can drive to the first and second round of the NCAA tournament, put you up against the two seed, which are not as good as the one seeds. I mean, Ryan, I think that game is one of the bigger wins you could have just because of what all was at stake.
Speaker 7: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 8: That game really goes down one of the most important we we've had all season because of exactly what you just laid out. The fact that they're now locked in as probably a three seed getting a two in the NCAA tournament instead of a four getting a one. Huge and do it at Missouri, they only lost one game all year.
Speaker 7: It was their senior day.
Speaker 8: You started out playing horrible and you still came back and won the basketball game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just such an I mean in the sense of we started so bad it looked like it reminded me of that old miss loss, even the Georgia loss at the beginning, where just they looked so awful on offense you thought, well, this is just gonna be, you know, a horrible day, but they played well enough on defense to kind of keep them in the game. And then there was a period of time that they had made something like five, you know, seven shots, but five of them were threes, and it kept them in. And then all of a sudden, I thought, with about ten minutes to go in the first half, Drew they locked in, and I actually thought they were excellent throughout the rest of the game. Great defense, and then some guys like Andrew Carr sort of playing up to their abilities. Oh Way, had a great second half, Amari was good. Brea hits threes, and all of a sudden, next thing, you know, they're able to get honestly, a relatively easy victory in the sense it was double digits most of the last twenty five minutes of the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and hand up. I thought it was going to be an ugly day. When Kentucky missed what six of their first seven shots, Missouri went up seven pretty early.
Speaker 9: I thought they were.
Speaker 6: Gonna get run out of that hideous yellow arena. Then they just flipped the switch and turned it on. It was that perfect recipe of what they needed. Kobe Bray hit threes, and then the guys we asked from the bench to step up. They each hit a three E chandlumber two. You kind of got everything you need to fill that boy. With Jackson Robinson being out at least in this game, well.
Speaker 5: We do, Shannon need to talk about that.
Speaker 4: I think Missouri can we just take them out of the SEC Like, first of all, I don't.
Speaker 5: Feel like that.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like they have any connection to the rest of the league. Like I feel like there are now fifteen teams in it that are all Southern, all have a certain, like I don't know culture about them. I mean, Bandy is the class nerd, but otherwise it's kind of the same thing. And then you just have Missouri, which is not Southern. I feel no connection to that state. They have hideous colors. I mean, the colors are just awful. I vote we kicked them out. Just get them out and put somebody else in.
Speaker 2: I'm totally fine with that. But who are you gonna put in? Who else? Do you want anybody?
Speaker 4: I want to put North Carolina in. I think if you put North Carolina in with all of the rest of these schools, then I think that would make the most sense. But I just as watching that game, I just watched Missouri and say, this just feels they feel so sterile to me as a sports program and with basketball. Now, with that said, I do think they're good. I think that coach is good and getting a road win Ryan is in those circumstances massive and part of what they were able to do is keep the crowd out of it. Part of that was hitting the threes. But I want to focus on Andrew Carr, who I thought played, in my opinion, if not his best game of the year right there. Obviously he had the points, but I thought he played really good defense, maybe the best defense I've seen him play all year, got tough rebounds down the stretch. I thought it was kind of an Andrew Carr masterclass performance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've kind of been talking about him last couple of weeks. He's really a healthy Andrew Carr. How much difference team makes what they're trying to do, And you're right, man, he was battling in the paint.
Speaker 7: Maybe for the first time all year.
Speaker 8: He was the man down in the paint, blocking shots, grabbing rebounds, scoring in traffic.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's Andrew Carr that we really have not seen all season.
Speaker 4: It was a great I mean it really was a great Andrew Carr. And defensively, I mean they ended up.
Speaker 5: With what eighty one or eighty four, But you know, Drew, they hit four or.
Speaker 4: Five threes in the last two minutes. I mean they were thirty one points scored in the last two minutes of the game, which is just ridiculous for a game that. I mean, how many times you see thirty one points in two in two minutes? Otherwise I think you would have held them to like seventy, which is a pretty amazing number, Drew for this team to be able to do.
Speaker 6: Now, the middle of the game, Kentucky killed him. I mean, Missouri started hot and then ended hot. Other than that, it was mostly Kentucky back when Missouri plup was playing well in the beginning, I was worried about Car when that guy backed him down and just two hand dunked on his.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that was that was That was bad, And that's just kind.
Speaker 6: Of you know, Andrew Carr is never gonna be a big bully in side. That might happen from time to time, but to finish the way he did, I mean, we need more of that Andrew Carr going forward, and I hope his back can hold up as you get to play some some consecutive games here moving forward, because I think they can take any another level forward with him playing like that.
Speaker 4: Kobe Braa three threes in the first half, including ones they needed to have. Amari oh way good in the second half. But and Butler, you know the starters. I've said this now since Jackson Robinson got hurt, I've kind of said, you know, the starters, UH need to be able to be and I think they are lead eight Final four quality.
Speaker 5: We just have a huge drop off with the bitch.
Speaker 4: I thought they played at a Final four level the starters did on Saturday, which gets me to my guy, you know, is this shaded Mormon mamba?
Speaker 5: Is this do we have? I gotta tell you a Colin Chandler.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know there's something about him that's exciting. Well, I can tell you what it is. It's that he's athletic and can play defense, so you can keep him out there in key moments. But he had eight points, the confidence to shoot. Yeah, he made a couple, but he also missed some still kept firing. The kid, Ryan. I mean, you go back to even a month ago and look at the Chandler that would get in games. Even go back to like the first Tennessee game we won, and go watch how scared he looks. To now it's like we're watching Ryan a different player, you.
Speaker 8: Know, And he checked in earlier he looked lost, didn't he look like he was just completely lost? Sometimes made some bad turnovers. But now you know, when when Jackson Robinson got hurt, you know the old cliche, somebody's got to step up. I didn't know if it was gonna be him, but he has stepped up and kind of filled that role, getting more and more minutes each game out.
Speaker 7: I think Pope has more and more confidence in him now.
Speaker 4: I mean, I said on the postgame Drew, if you could get I think Chandler can be, if not all right, as good defensively as Robinson was.
Speaker 5: He's not gonna be the offensive player Robinson was.
Speaker 4: But I said, if you could get sixty to seventy percent of Robinson, then you'd have something.
Speaker 5: You know. He looked like that Drew on Saturday.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he'll continue to, but he's looked like that three or four games in a row.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we all know how hard it is to lose Jackson Robinson. But the way those guys stepped up at Missouri, even if you get like seventy five percent of that moving forward, I mean, really everyone played well picking up the slack for him at least off the bench shooting threes and Kobe Brea going lights out. But with Colin Chanlor, you can go back to the Arkansas game. I thought he's been pretty good defensively anytime he gets an opportunity, but he has looked so scared the moment he gets the ball. But the way he's shooting with confidence now, I think he's had a big breakthrough that happened in the last couple weeks, and if that continues, that can be a big difference maker. It's not it's not gonna be Jackson Robinson, but it helps pick up those minutes, especially when Kobe Bray is hitting threes too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have no idea what happened. It's like a different he looks like a different kid terms of confidence, and I don't know, I feel like they have a you know, have a shot to be to be special. Now, there are two other.
Speaker 5: Things I wanted to take away from the game.
Speaker 4: First of all, I think Ryan I'm a Big, Tom Hart, Dame Bradshaw as an announcing team. Guy, did you did you? Did you look? I think they do such a good job. Were you in a place where you could hear the announcing?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I'm with you, man, I wish they would do more games.
Speaker 7: They did. Hardly did any of our games at all this year. But I would take these guys every game.
Speaker 4: I think Dame Bradshaw is really good. Again, hate to say that about a Tennessee guy, but he is. I think I think he's really good. I think the SEC network as a whole honestly has better announcers than ESPN. You give me Dame Bradshaw, Pat Bradley, Damian Fishback, Drew. I mean. I don't want to name names of the ESPN people because some of them I'm even friends with. But I would take that group a lot of times over the guys we hear, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we didn't even get Ron Slay this year. I like him in studio and I keep hearing he's so fun on broadcast. I saw he was wearing a headband for the game he had on Saturday, so I think you can add him to that. I don't know he had done Kentucky games.
Speaker 4: I don't know what our fans would think. I've listened to a Rod Slay game, Shannon, and it's almost like listening to a Rod Sleigh monologue during the game, like he's just kind of.
Speaker 2: Just won't shut up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just kind of doing Rod Slay things. I think he's I think he's better in the studio than he is on games. But we'll probably get him at some point. And then the other thing is, we got to talk about the couple, Shannon, that had the Kentucky and Missouri.
Speaker 2: I saw it. Yeah, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: So listen, I get it. Your kid goes to school. You got one kid at Kentucky, you got one kid at Missouri. All Right, you're gonna split the shirt, you know, I mean, Ron, you go back to John Y Brown. Didn't he wear a jacket once? It was half Kentucky and half Louisville to the Kentucky Louisville game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the dream game when they played got to play for the first time, he wore a half and half coach.
Speaker 3: Should maybe a Reed Shepherd have done that. He wouldn't have been criticized as much.
Speaker 4: No reach effort should have never put an Arkansas thing on. I'm sorry, there's no he has no connection to Arkansas. There should have never been an Arkansas piece of clothing. But I digress. But if you're gonna wear a shirt of two teams and it's gonna be Kentucky and Missouri, you cannot be the man that puts on the shirt that says miss Sucky.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean you can't do that.
Speaker 4: That man went out of the house with a shirt on that said miss Sucky.
Speaker 5: Shit it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to. If you're his wife or somebody, you go at least be ken Urry. Yeah, you cannot be miss Sucky. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they maybe cut the Missouri part off and added the Kentucky part a little uh at the wrong part of the word. But yeah, it should it could have done that a little bit differently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or Miss Tucky. You can't be miss sucking. Drew Like, I can't believe that man and he might be listening to the show.
Speaker 5: I don't know, sir.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you're a wonderful guy, but you cannot be Miss Sucky. On national televis.
Speaker 6: At some point a decision was made where after they cut the shirts, they saw that before they sewed it together and they had to go with Missus. It's not like it just coincidently ended up that way. They made that decision and that absolutely backfired.
Speaker 4: Do you think that Do you think they like already did it and they go, well, I mean, we can't do this again, so we're just gonna have to go out of the house like that. It seems like the kind of thing Ryan, Honestly, I could see you doing. To be quite frank with you.
Speaker 7: It did make a great TV moment.
Speaker 8: My thoughts were when they did it and they held it up, She's like, Okay, you're wearing that one.
Speaker 7: I'm not wearing Miss Sucky.
Speaker 5: Guess what homie she got?
Speaker 4: She got Ken Hurry, Yeah right, she got kn't kid No, she got Hurry Kinenturrey like former golf announcer ken Vin Turrey. She was Ken Turry and he was poor Miss Sucky. Well Sucky all right, So Kentucky now plays at nine to thirty on Thursday night in the SEC tournament and has a bracket that I think they can navigate if things go well.
Speaker 5: So we will talk about that bracket.
Speaker 4: What I think this win Men's means for the NCAA tournament and more from the weekend. It is now officially Folks postseason. It is SEC tournament week. I cannot wait. This is going to be the start of a really fun, hopefully four week but at least two to three week run.
Speaker 5: That's right here. We'll take a break of be right back to Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Welcome back.
Speaker 5: It is Tucky Sports Radio. All right, Uh, what do we think here?
Speaker 4: Drew ladder Day Shae one person writes for Colin Chandler. I kind of like that one. I'm not gonna lie ladder Day Shae. He's not bad, is it.
Speaker 6: I've seen people try, and I'd say, of what I've seen, it's the best. I still think we're getting to where we're forcing him a little bit. But of the Colin Chandler nicknames, that would be my pick.
Speaker 4: That i've seen.
Speaker 5: He probably I don't know if he wants Mormon in the nickname, but.
Speaker 2: We've already got Mamba too, so we don't need two mambas.
Speaker 5: But just the that's the most creative one I've heard.
Speaker 4: Ladder Day Shay. One person rights man, I need your all's opinion on if I was in the right or the wrong. The end of the game when Dennis Gates took out the one kid with the mohawk and they sat there and hugged and cried. I looked over at my wife and she was crying, and I told her, why are you crying about this dude who's annoying having his senior day?
Speaker 5: And she said, it's a special moment.
Speaker 4: Have a heart.
Speaker 5: Should I have been more sensitive to her emotion?
Speaker 4: Or was I right in telling her to stop crying about someone we don't know on a senior day where we're playing against the team. He was right? Good question?
Speaker 5: Why was he right?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, what connection does she have with him?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not gets his last game. He's going to play in the tournament, so you know, but it was his senior day.
Speaker 4: They were hugging.
Speaker 5: Isn't that nice? He and his coach were hugging.
Speaker 7: That's good. They're hugging.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to cry about it.
Speaker 4: But you're not. I mean, you're not her Like, maybe she's more emotional than you.
Speaker 3: I guess maybe so, fair point, But you know, I don't think I would get too emotional about a guy that I didn't even you don't even know who he is. You haven't even watched his games all year. You don't have no connection to him at all.
Speaker 4: Ryan, did you think that was an emotional moment worth crying about?
Speaker 8: As a wise philosopher once said, sports is awesome, and that's what makes sports awesome when you get those moments like that. So, yes, I cried during the video of the guys calling their younger selves that you can't put out give me you know.
Speaker 4: Those guys long wasn't watch Yeah, So, I mean, we don't know this dude, Like, is it is it odd to cry when you don't even know this guy?
Speaker 7: Now you're crying for the moment. It's the moment.
Speaker 4: The cry.
Speaker 6: I am a crier. I've been known to cry time or two. But I'm not crying for another teams senior day. If you think I'm laughing because they did their senior day after the game, which is one of the dumbest things in sports.
Speaker 2: Why why why you know, lose they did?
Speaker 4: They did that Indiana too. You should do it before because if you lose.
Speaker 5: Plus, if you're if it's senior day, you don't want to schedule Kentucky at home.
Speaker 3: Nobody's sticking round for that either. After you lose, they're leaving, so you're gonna have your senior night in front of an empty arena.
Speaker 5: Well, drew to a senior night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were at a senior night at Indiana after they lost, and they, to their credit, they stayed.
Speaker 5: But it was weird because.
Speaker 4: They had gotten blown out by Nebraska, Drew and then had to do senior night at Indiana. It was weird.
Speaker 6: And let's not forget they cut the nets after losing to Nebraska. Yes, Nebraska won in Bloomington and then Indiana brought a ladder out because they won the Big Ten.
Speaker 4: They cut out on the nets even though they lost. That was a really weird thing. All right, let's look at the SEC tournament really quick. Kentucky now plays nine to thirty on Thursday. So well, first of all, when you don't get a double by this is the best you could get in terms of having your most time in Nashville, because you got all day Wednesday Thursday. I have a feeling when that game tips off. First of all, the game before is probably gonna be Mississippi State Missouri rhyme, which ain't gonna have a lot of people, which means everyone in that crowd is gonna be a Kentucky fan. They're a probably going to be I'd say, Ryan, eighty to eighty five percent of that audience is gonna be Kentucky fans. You play the winner of Georgia and Oklahoma. You know you lost to Georgia and beat Oklahoma. But both of those teams are teams you can beat. Both of them might be NCAA tournament teams, so you can get another NCAA tournament win if you win.
Speaker 5: But that is going to be Thursday nine.
Speaker 4: If I'm in the state of Kentucky and I like games, I would run for that game. I will note the tickets went for that session, Shannon. I looked before the game. They were forty one dollars for the cheapest ticket. Yeah, one hundred and sixty seven dollars as of this.
Speaker 2: You dropped up for a second. How much were they?
Speaker 4: It was forty one the morning of and now it's one hundred and sixty seven dollars. That's what happened way time. That's the Kentucky effect. Ryan.
Speaker 5: Don't you think it's gonna be an awesome atmosphere?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you said eighty and eighty five percent Kentucky. And think about that they're going to our show in the morning, and you got all afternoon to sit in bars and watch games and probably partaking some beverages, and then you go.
Speaker 7: In for that game.
Speaker 8: It could be an all some rowdy, crazy environment Thursday night and Friday night they went and played the same thing on Friday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Drew obviously. Friday night, you know, will be an underdog against Alabama. But do you expect Thursday in Nashville to be one of those like amazing UK days? You know, our our show will be at ten roof at ten am, and then just going all the way through the day. Oh.
Speaker 9: Absolutely.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 6: I've got some friends they're like, what are we gonna do all day? Oh, you're gonna sit at a bar. I know exactly what you're gonna do. And they're one of many that will do that and go in there and make an even better environment. So makes it a little longer of an evening on us. But I think it's gonna create an awesome atmosphere with the fans to help Kentucky win that game.
Speaker 4: Shannon, my mom says she teared up when she saw the players when she saw the moment. So do you feel bad now. My mom cried at the at the thing.
Speaker 3: No, I don't feel I still I'm gonna keep my stance. I don't think you should cry.
Speaker 5: She said she cried because the player's mom was crying.
Speaker 4: You remember they kept showing the mom in the crowd and yeah, his hair though, that mohawk hare. I don't think it did me any favors for wanting to cry for it.
Speaker 2: So if you didn't have a mohawk, you would have cried.
Speaker 5: Well, I wouldn't have cried.
Speaker 4: But I think there's something about a dude in a mohawk that it's gonna be hard for me to be really emotional about. Like, you look like taxi driver, you know, So how am I? How am I gonna be emotional?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: For the NCAA Tournament, I think this did wonders for Kentucky. If you throw in the fact that Wisconsin lost, I think Kentucky's in a pretty solid ground for a three seed. If they beat Oklahoma or Georgia, I think they're certainly a three seed. They might even be a three seed even if they lose. I also think for those of you that want to be able to go to the games, this makes it much more likely that we're gonna be close.
Speaker 5: Right now, Lenardi has us in Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: I was kind of looking at the numbers and basically it's between US and Wisconsin for the Milwaukee spot. So if you want to go to Milwaukee, which is not a far drive, you want to lose root for Wisconsin to lose early in a Big ten tournament. If we don't go to Wisconsin, I think it's very likely we end up in Providence, Rhode Island. Those are two probably the two places we end up one or one or the other. But ran I think that makes it to where in the first and second round, Kentucky's got a good chance of having a crowd, whereas if it had ended up in Seattle or even Denver, maybe they wouldn't have had as much a one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think they would travel to Milwaukee or Providence. That's not you know, too bad of a drive there. And the fact that we know, I've never been in of these two cities. I mean in Caist, other people go go to a city for the first time. Watch your cats play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's it's if you look at it, because the way they do it, they go through the seeds and they just put everybody that's closest.
Speaker 5: So it's very likely the.
Speaker 4: Alabama and Auburn are going to end up in Lexington now and Tennessee will not goes to Raleigh. I mean, you can do the math of it, but basically it's between US and Wisconsin for the Milwaukee spot. You know, I could see the NCAA saying, look, we want to sell those tickets, Drew, and Wisconsin is right there.
Speaker 5: I mean West Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: Is literally in Wisconsin and it's six one and a half dozen the other for UK.
Speaker 5: So we'll send you k to Providence.
Speaker 4: If you made me go on the Betty Market, I'd still say it's likely we end up in Providence. But Milwaukee is literally a day's drive from Kentucky and we could get a huge crowd if that happened.
Speaker 6: I think that was my first pick when we did this exercise weeks ago where we wanted to go. I would love to go to Milwaukee, even though it's up there a little dangerously close to Wisconsin for US in Wisconsin, Uh, what if we win two games in Nashville though, because that would include a win over Alabama, could like Texas Tech.
Speaker 9: I feel like that's a two seed that we could potentially jump.
Speaker 4: Pot I don't know that it would change where we end up, you know, I think we can't end up in Lexington, so I just don't. And then Wichita, which is where Texas Tech's gonna go. I'm not sure that's any closer than Milwaukee. So I think even if we beat Alabama, it's still Milwaukee or Providence. I don't see us get into a two seed. I think we're we're probably a three. We're gonna take a break A five, nine two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. We will take your calls. It's SEC Tournament week right here. Sports Radio.
Speaker 9: TJ Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 7: He'll make them.
Speaker 3: Pay now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where we're gonna be heading here all over the place in the next few weeks, hopefully if we keep making it. If you, if you look at Joe Lonardi, we would go from we would go from Milwaukee to Atlanta to San Antonio. Just keep getting more south every time. Eight I'm nine two eight oh, twenty two eighty seven. One person rights Matt Why won't we end up in Cleveland. It's the closest one here. Well, because they go through the process and the teams ranked higher than you get to be ahead of you get to pick their close place first. So if Tennessee does not go to Lexington, if all Burn and Alabama get Lexington, then Tennessee goes to the next closest place, which would be probably Cleveland for them, could be Raleigh depending on how they did it. And then Michigan State would end up in Cleveland. Uh, because it's it. They'll be high than us too. But I guess there's still a chance if you were like the top three seed, like if we if we were to maybe beat Alabama, that we could end up in Cleveland. But that's the way they do it. So when you watch, if you go look at the seeds, just put them in the city closest to them, and you'll figure out kind of where people where people will end up as it goes through. If I'm nine two eight twenty two eighty seven, I do have to read Drew, this is who Joe Lnardi has playing in Lexington? Okay, I mean this is this is an unbelievable group of teams all right, Auburn a play and winner Memphis West Virginia. But then what about the bottom Alabama, Robert Morris, Kansas, Arkansas. What if Alabama, Auburn, Memphis, West Virginia, Robert Morris, Kansas and Arkansas are all in Lexington? Do Kentucky fans just go and boo every team in the tournament?
Speaker 6: Exactly? And I'm rooting for this one. For Arkansas having to beat Kansas and Alabama and Lexington to get out of the second weekend, good luck with that. But yeah, especially the Kansas Arkansas matchup. I think we're like five games ahead of Kansas and the all time wins. But then you got cal on the other side. Rupp would just boo the entire game. Can you match out during commercial breaks?
Speaker 4: Can you imagine Shannon if they send John cal Perry to.
Speaker 2: Explode. I'm just trying.
Speaker 3: There's one team you would pull for, who would have been maybe Robert Morris, But I mean we have history with them too, so I don't.
Speaker 5: I guess I would pull for West Virginia.
Speaker 4: I don't really hate West Virginia Ryan, but I mean the idea of literally Kentucky fans could buy a ticket and just boo the entire time.
Speaker 8: Do you think these selection community guys have a little smirk on their face when they put put these brackets together.
Speaker 4: Earlier and he was talking about their conspiracy, I believe it. Yeah, I don't. I don't because the thing is, you overlook it's I always hear Ryan Russillo talk about this. People talk about the one time something conspiracy theory looks like happened. But how do you explain all the other games where they didn't set up conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Because they didn't have an opportunity to.
Speaker 4: No, they have opportunities that, like, you could set up a whole I mean, if you're a conspiracy theory person, you have an eleven seed Arkansas, you put them. I mean they could be the second game against Kentucky.
Speaker 2: And they that at one point Leonardi had that. I think, yeah, but let's see it.
Speaker 4: Listen, if they come out and have us, Yes, if they come out and have Louisville and Saint John's together or US play Arkansas, then Shandon I'll say, well that seems weird.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: But if they don't, which I don't think they will, I do think you gotta get you know, there's got to be some conspiracy matchups just by numbers.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, but I've seen it happen way too many times where they could have easily slid one of those teams over to the other bracket.
Speaker 4: When's the last time we've had a conspiracy theory matchup?
Speaker 9: Like, for real, when's the last time to have one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a very good point. I guess you can't really conspiracy theory against a fifteen seed. Who's up first, Adam, Adam, go ahead at him.
Speaker 11: Hey, guys, I just wanted to call in and say how big Kentucky basketball is. A Saturday at the All for the Auburn game, I got put on a ventilator and was out for six days. My buddy Trip Rogers came and after the L s U game, came the next morning and just had your show plan because he knows how much it means to me. I came out of incubation on Friday and was able to watch the the Missouri game, and yes, I did tier upsy and I got kids, so I did tear ups and the mom cry with the coach and all that, but uh, it really the postgame really just brought life back to me. Here and Ryan Andrew and it just it means a lot. Man, The show means a lot. Kentucky basketball is bigger than than anybody realizes. And I'm surprised Ryan didn't have a shirt off at the Comic Cons.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, thank you for saying that.
Speaker 4: And whatever it is you're going through there, we we're praying for you. It's you're gonna you're gonna get over it, and we're gonna be here with you through the ride. So thank you for calling and letting us know that. And God bless you, my man.
Speaker 11: All Right, thanks Matt, there you go.
Speaker 4: That's very nice. Uh. You know, Ryan and Drew, you know that that's you got to be cheered up when you hear Ryan and Drew acting like fools on Saturday. I did enjoy it, though, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna lie to you. I thought more people without clothing should have come near you, though, Ryan, because it did seem to freak you out whatever that happened at Comic Con.
Speaker 8: I love the fact that you heard what was going on, like, Okay, I gotta call get in on this. I think you have a little fomo. When we were doing the other Yeah, well, I wish.
Speaker 4: I'd been there for that one. I do, I do enjoy, I do enjoy comic Con and it seemed extra freaky. And by the way, Mario got a video of the guy from Good Burger Drew.
Speaker 5: Is that what's his name?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, so that's Kel from Keenan and Kel, who I always feel bad for Shannon because Keenan made it and Kel still kind of like you know, and Kel's dancing at Comic CON's doing He's.
Speaker 3: Still making money though at Comic Con all those years later he's but that video.
Speaker 5: Mario put that video up on TikTok and it went viral.
Speaker 4: Last night. People watching Kell dance at Lexington Comic Con, Drew made people happy.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: As fun as the postgame show was.
Speaker 6: Mario and I also went around for a couple hours, got some fun videos olden. The only thing that went wrong is Tris Stratus had her gone to lunch sign up when I got to her booth. But otherwise we had an absolute blast doing all that.
Speaker 4: I had a buddy say to me they went to Tony's that night. Shannon and Sergeant Slaughter was sitting there eating dinner Tony's like eating mistake a little.
Speaker 3: Bit everywhere, you know, like he's at every one of those comic cons.
Speaker 4: I want to think though, that Sergeant Slaughter dresses at Sergeant Slaughter everywhere he goes. I hope he was wearing the military fatigues and the mustache.
Speaker 5: Remember the picture he made my really uncomfortable. Yeah, she didn't like that. She was like, why did you make me do this? She was not happy with that.
Speaker 9: I have one behind the scene story from comic Con.
Speaker 6: Mario and I got the video with the Reno nine one one guy and he had to cut out the ending because he and the people with them said delete that video, no videos.
Speaker 9: And Marrow went in posted it anyway.
Speaker 6: But we had fun meeting Reno nine one one, but they did not like being on camera on the KSR camera.
Speaker 5: Tell him you were going to be on camera, like, and there are lots.
Speaker 6: Of people filming stuff like we waited in line a while and Marrow was recording it all and when it got to my turn, I mean, he was engaged with being funny, but then they're like, delete that right when we got done, and.
Speaker 4: Who knew Reno you know, he's from the t showed the state as well, which is one of my favorite forgotten TV shows of all time. A lot of guys from the state, men and women went on to other things, and people don't realize that that's a show forgotten back in the day from MTV, but it was great. Who's up next, Danny, Danny? Go ahead, Danny.
Speaker 6: Hey, Matt, how's it going?
Speaker 12: Hey, long time, longtime listeners.
Speaker 10: So I know that I might get some really cool for this.
Speaker 12: I'm prepared, but I got a good, good nickname.
Speaker 10: Since you guys are talking about nicknames.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh, here we go.
Speaker 5: You know my standard, you know, go ahead, what is it?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 12: So Williams is from Nottingham, England.
Speaker 10: You got to call that guy to sheriff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you mean the sheriff like you're talking about like Robin Hood.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the sheriff of Nottingham.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that's what I've.
Speaker 10: Been calling him for the past couple of months. Of the sheriff.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't realize he was from Nottingham. I knew he's from England. But ya, I'm not doing that, but I appreciate it. It could have been worse. I was preparing myself for much worse. You know, it is weird, Ryan, he's from Nottingham, like you never hear of British basketball players, like who's the most famous British basketball player of all time? That's a great question, lou Al Deing. Was he from Britain? Was he a British guy? I think he was.
Speaker 5: I remember, I'll tell your name from the past. He was really good.
Speaker 4: John Amichi, do you remember that guy from Penn State?
Speaker 5: I think he was British. We had any was Sasha Kala Jones British?
Speaker 6: Was he brit I think and are like teammates on the British team or were just a few years ago?
Speaker 5: So who else? Who else have we have? We had anyone else from Britain? Besides?
Speaker 9: Where was Morici Williams from.
Speaker 4: The Member?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: From there we do a little Sasha Kalia morrik A mari Uhki. He was not from England.
Speaker 2: Was born in London, England.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at it right here, raised in Tulsa, in London, so I think that counts.
Speaker 4: He was hang on to say he was born in London, raised in Tulsa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, different ends of the spectrum.
Speaker 7: Wow, that counts.
Speaker 2: Though he was born.
Speaker 5: There, that counts, that counts.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't here's another one. Here's another one about Steve Nash. Now he's Canada, he holds cash citizenship.
Speaker 5: Okay, but he plays for Team Canada.
Speaker 4: I'm not counting, uh, but a booky, I want to know how he ended up in London and then goes to Tulsa. International basketball player travel Yeah, I guess hey, yeah, BB and spring is sprung and that means you're getting outside more and whether that's doing yard work or staying active by biking or running. It also means increased activity can lead to aches, pains, and injuries. That's where court physical therapy can help. At court, you're our therapist. Join what it takes to help you heal and get back to the things you enjoy. There's seventy locations national or statewide, and it's easy to find the centert near you go to court dot com. That's ko rt dot com. I'm gonna say the best British basketball player ryan is loual Dan unless somebody gives me somebody better for us.
Speaker 7: You Clinta and Amari are two then.
Speaker 4: Not cant Clinton clint If you grow up in Tulsa, you're not British. Amar Amari is better than Sasha and Morikinyo's I think, Amari, we're our best one. We'll take a break and be right back. It's KSR good to see that there's some fans of the state listening. It's a great show for you all, like thirty and under who've never seen it. It's on Paramount Plus. Apparently I didn't know that great like sketch show and a lot of people on it you've seen like michae Iam Black was on it, Ken Marino, the Dude, the Man and the Woman from Reno nine one one. Uh, just a forgotten show of the past that was really good. I don't know, I haven't seen it in fifteen years, so maybe it doesn't hold up. I know at least one sketch I can think of Drew that that you wouldn't be able to do today, So I mean, you know, but I really did enjoy it, all right. British basketball players Ryan, Michael Olowa, Kandy do you remember him?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Number one pick in the draft. Can anybody remember where he played college basketball? Michael No, Shannon, Ryan, any guess Michael Olo Condy Pacific.
Speaker 2: Can give me one hundred casses. I wouldn't get Pacific.
Speaker 4: Hell O g Andobi, who is good in the NBA. He played that that's probably the best player from Britain. It is weird, though, Drew that, like France has all these great players Italy Spain, it's odd that England never really picked it.
Speaker 5: Up at a huge level, Like they've never really played it very much.
Speaker 6: No have they ever been really in the mix in the Olympics or anything. I kind of forgot that they're even there in the conversation of basketball.
Speaker 4: Like France, France could win the next Olympics, and yet Britain just has never really never gotten into it.
Speaker 5: Okay, So a couple of little housekeeping.
Speaker 4: Before I go back to the phone. Tomorrow, Mark Stoops will be live in studio. We will not be at ks Bar because we have to be in studio. Mark's gonna come in right off the top. So we will come right off the top of the show with Mark Stoops because he's got to be in for the first hour because they got practice or something going on. So so that'll be right forgetting Yeah. Yeah, So for those of you pro day, that's what tomorrow is all right, So we we we're going right off the top. So if you have questions, you would like for me to ask Waite till after the show and then send them on the text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. I want to use this as a chance to kind of ask all the stuff that people are thinking and see what our answer is. I think we're gonna have him. I don't know if we have him for a half hour hour. Havn't asked, but he'll be in studio during the first hour tomorrow. Also tomorrow morning, the KSR Golf Scramble goes on sale right at ten am. The Lexington One. So the Lexington One, it's at the U Club. That's the University of Kentucky golf course this year, which is awesome. We're gonna have it on two courses, but it'll be some of us will kind of rotate through it. It should it's I think it's gonna be We're like kind of redoing the event a little bit, and I think it's gonna be awesome. But that will go on sale tomorrow morning at ten am, so be ready for that as well. So stoops in the Golf Scramble, and then Thursday will be our show at ten roof in Nashville. We're gonna do it Thursday morning at ten am, so nine Nashville time, So plan on coming to that. So that's a little housekeeping schedule for this week. If we win Thursday Friday, I think we're gonna do the show somewhere else because the how late the postgame show is gonna be that postgame show Ryan may go to two thirty am that night. So we're gonna do the do the show Friday somewhere probably private. All right, who's up next?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Sean.
Speaker 5: Sean, go ahead, Sean.
Speaker 13: Hey man, I gotta agree with you about Dame Bradshaw. I think my favorite thing about him is he doesn't talk about violent cuts or driving to the nail and then uh second part, yes, go ahead, no way, I want to hear your back with that.
Speaker 5: No, No, you're exactly right.
Speaker 4: I think, you know. I like Jimmy, but I think Dame Bradshaw he's I think he's gonna I think if they keep him up with him, he's gonna be a great announcer. He's smart, he's engaging. He and Tom have good chemistry. I think he does a really good job.
Speaker 13: We used to try Jimmy Dike's drinking game, but after three or four of us got alcohol poisoning. We just had to stop and just that, Missouri, that's not a mohawk. That looks more like a circumcision than a mohawk. And I'll let you go see, you know, Shaneon, I thought you I was.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gonna cry over that.
Speaker 7: I didn't hurt.
Speaker 4: I would if I if it happens in a don't you Yeah, I can guarantee you I will remember who's up next. Slugger, slugger, go ahead.
Speaker 12: I have a conspiracy theory. Oh take away. Actually at two assists during the ball game on Saturday. The first one came at the seventeen twenty eight mark to Andrew Carr on a three pointer, and the second one came at the one to eighteen mark the slam dunk to uh Kobe o'brea. The second one was actually credited to Andrew Carr and because of this I lost the bet. So of course I'm a little good.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I was wondering where you why you were keeping up with the official box score of of always assists.
Speaker 5: But it cost you money, is what you're saying.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, and you can watch it on YouTube. It's clearer.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think I will.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'll go back and watch the assist to see if you won the bet. But I'm sorry that happened. That would probably be frustrated, absolutely all right, all right, I appreciate the call. By the way, uh ride. Both of our KSR parlays hit Drew single game UK parlay hit and then my multi game parlay hit Drews was three to one. Mine was nine to one if you played them both and ended up paying twenty four to one if you combine them. So you know, we have had a few dry weeks here recently, but if you played this, if you keep playing it, I've looked through the year, if you played all of our parlays this year.
Speaker 5: You'd be up about three to one overall.
Speaker 4: You have to take some muscles, but then when you get a nine to one win, it helps. So Drew, it was nice to pull both of those this weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I mean, I'm proud of my three to one. That was nice, But you're the big time, so a big hit for you. Congratulations into everyone who bet on that. We're getting hot just in time for postseason March madness.
Speaker 4: Let's go Shannon of the stock market? Is h is crashing again? You want to know?
Speaker 2: I don't want to know. I don't want to look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe we should, I don't know. You want to take our money and invest in what tweeties? We're making America great? Don't you forget it? Who's up next?
Speaker 2: Stan Stan?
Speaker 4: Go ahead? Stay?
Speaker 10: Hey, how's how's it going? I love Dame Bradshaw And actually I cannot listen to Jimmy Dykes. That's impossible. But oh and the Missouri player, is he going for Beavis or butt head? I wasn't sure what.
Speaker 4: Look a little it's a little. It's a little Beavis and butt head. I didn't know people still did that hair, but they do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, high and tight. The reason I called. Did you listen to Dennis Gates postgame interview?
Speaker 4: I did not?
Speaker 10: No satury. He he talked about the foul discrepancy, that Kentucky shot too many fouls and his team didn't get enough fouls and that's why they lost the game. They had some turnovers in the back court, but because we bumped them, we bumped into them. Officials didn't call it. They're not perfect, you know, they miss them sometimes, but that's how we got that early say that.
Speaker 5: I didn't hear him say, but the.
Speaker 10: Whole rest of his press conference talking about what a great job they've done. I think they're like one in five or one in four going into that game. It was ridiculous. He spent like twenty minutes about the game.
Speaker 4: Well, I appreciate the call. I will say this if there was a foul discrepancy, but that's because they fouled at the end of the game. You know, they were intentionally fouling at the end of the game to extend it. So I think we had six fours. Uh, they've found six more times. They kept founding us. We'll come back. Number two