Speaker 1: Leading Off starts right now on Fantasy Pros. Hello friends, It's Chris Welsh and Chris Clegg, the Chris and Chris Show on a Friday edition of Leading Off.
Speaker 2: As we are going to end out.
Speaker 1: The week coming off of an insane performance, We're going to break down home run calls, some prospect talking more. Mister Chris Clegg, what is up, my friend?
Speaker 3: It's going on, Welsh.
Speaker 4: It's good to be back Chris Show on Friday. It's always a good time. And man, a lot of good baseball yesterday. So excited to break all that down and look ahead to the weekend as well.
Speaker 1: Not quite Mike and Mike, but Christ and Chris will do, especially when we can talk prospects and we can talk Spencer Strider who went eight innings, struck out sixteen, gave up two hits, by the way, didn't walk about her, didn't walk about her sixteen strikeouts in this game, Clegg, Strider had twenty two swing and misses.
Speaker 2: He accounted for all five.
Speaker 1: If you go and look at Baseball Savant on the top pitch velocities, all five of the top velocities in this game, three of which technically on the radar probably all five would have registered over one hundred, because they usually don't, you know, give you the points.
Speaker 2: It'll just be one hundred. They'll round up.
Speaker 1: But he did have three that technically went over one hundred, and Spencer Strider's twenty two swing and Misses one of the best single season pitching performances.
Speaker 2: So far this year.
Speaker 1: Yet mister Chris Clegg Stryder's still just surrounded in all of the muck online. Even though he's incredible and does what he does, people online still found ways to kind of bring it down in that Spencer Strider isn't looking elite right now.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I just don't get it.
Speaker 4: I mean, how do you argue with what he's done all year and it's just in dominant performance and he's just gotten better each start, like that's the thing. And we can't discount it because it's just the Rockies. We can't discount because you go back and I mean, he had thirteen strikeouts in the start, twelve strikeouts in the start, eleven strikeouts eleven like across the board, like just Ben Stellar. I mean, sure he had his blow up against the Mets early in August, but other than that, man he's been really freaking good and I love what I've seen, like the progression. And you can argue a two pitch guy can't sustain, but I think he can. Like you, look, you've seen him using the slider more and more and love to see that. Last last night, I mean used it forty percent of the time, which was at least from a month to month standpoint, the most that he's used it, and I feel like he's looking at the chart, he's progressively used it more and more. The fastball, as you mentioned, is elite. I think it's one of the best pitches in baseball. Throws the change up to lefties well, like he can be a two pitch guy. He uses the change up against left handed hitters and and makes it work.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know. I think Strider's a buddy Nace.
Speaker 1: I think one of the biggest things, like you alluded to, that people keep going back to because I have a thing all season long and I've poked at it whenever I've got a chance. About the Spencer Strider stuff, where I was on sprit as Strida very early and we had people online that just weren't having it, and I mean, we're talking three four months ago, I brought up Strider Ashby and super obnoxious people were like.
Speaker 2: Oh, even know's his question.
Speaker 1: This is even a fantasy question, blah blah blah, and they look stupid now because Spencer Strider looks incredible, but it keeps coming up. So I poked at it last night where I was like, hey, Strider Ashby, and you still had people you saw we were talking about it before, and the comments are like, well, this is take Ashby long term, but Streider looks pretty good right now. And it's like, just like Wonkey said, you got to define what elite is looking like right now. Is there a worry that this is a two pitch pitcher. Yeah, I want my pitchers to have a little bit more of an arsenal. That is something that smelled reliefy before high strikeouts, two big pitches. But you said it's one of the best fastballs in baseball. The slider looks domina He got fifteen whiffs on the slider, fifteen of twenty four swing throughs and a forty percent rate of throwing the slider. He had a sixty three percent whiff rate on the slider, which was dominant, and a twenty one percent with rate on the fastball, which he was hitting one hundred and defining what that truly is at this point is going to be the big thing of how we move forward. I mean, they're not giving any any restrictions on him. He's gonna blow up a little bit. I'd liken him a lot to Dylan Ceese, like I said, offline, where it can be big strikeouts, games can get away, but a lot of pitchers games can get away. And if you can build in any progression into the off season, maybe he develops some higher plus third pitch something that can be used in there.
Speaker 2: Great if not.
Speaker 1: Two pitch pitchers, they don't always work. Sometimes they go the way of Patrick Corbyn. But it's hard to place anything against Spencer Schrider right now.
Speaker 2: And it's not so much.
Speaker 1: That he looks really good and pretty good and thumbs up right now. It's like, no, he looks elite right now, and I'll take his stuff. I think Gokard just said it. I think is stuff every single day. I'm big time team Spencer Strider. When there's still just being dumb questions put around him, Clegg.
Speaker 4: It's nuts, and you mentioned the command, but like he's lowered the walk crate to five point one percent in the second half. Like, that's pretty elite here.
Speaker 1: Literally, the things you're looking for from pictures to progress, yet people are still not accepting them. You're looking for walk rates to drop, You're looking for elite performances. You're looking for them to go deep into games. You're looking for them to be able to continue to get out second and.
Speaker 2: Third time through the order. He's doing all of those things.
Speaker 1: He's built for this, literally built for this, you know, huge, stocky lower half, he is built for this. And if we can just dream on any type of progression, you know, God, go work with Go work with the Jacob de Gram in the offseason. If you can pick up a pitch from somebody, talk to Max Freed, get a third pitch that you can occasionally mix in there just to keep batters off, it's gonna be great. But I don't know, you know, that forty percent rate on the slider. I'll take that every single day because no one can catch up to that fastball right now.
Speaker 4: And when the velo's there and you've noticed I think the starts that he's not performed well, the fastball set closer to ninety six than to you know, ninety eight and above. So you know, most starts, obviously the Villo's been there, but I've noticed those starts where he's not fully had it. The fastball below is down a bit. So the good news is that's been there. I mean last night, ninety eight and a half on the fastball, Like, we can live with that all day long, blowing it by.
Speaker 1: If I was are reported, they'd be one of the first things I'd be asking him to be like in the offseason, be like, is there any consideration for like, you know, picking up another pitch or working with anybody and see what he has to say, because someone in the chat was like, imagine if he had a knuckle curve and just imagine all of this stuff, you know, imagine all of the fun things that could go on. But you know, we do, we do have to all we have to be prepared to, like, you know, see a little bit of a bump in the future as far as Dynasty goes, because it just I got you know, a shock of oh yeah, where Brian said, you know, there's like a Freddy Peralta before the league adjusted, and you gotta worry, does you know, you don't want the league to ad just like they are on Freddy PEARLTA. But Freddy PEERLTO has also been harpened by pretty inconsistencies in the second time through the lineup I've noticed anytime I've watched them, sometimes in the.
Speaker 2: Beginning of the lineup.
Speaker 1: But either way, Strider with one of the bigger performances of the season, sixteen k's. You want to know something hilarious the emailb trivia question that popped up today. I'm not even doing it because I'll just say it right now. It was like, what player had the most strikeouts in a single game?
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, you know this right clag in this season?
Speaker 4: No in baseball history top of my head, probably not. Oh no, oh, this is what.
Speaker 2: This is one of those where I'm like, wait, I instantly know.
Speaker 3: That Carrie would carry yeah my brain.
Speaker 1: I couldn't even yeah, there goes Wonky has carry one. I couldn't even put it out there because whenever you talk about whenever when somebody gets like above fifteen strikeouts, everyone starts, you know, carry wood carry wood, starts going on about that. But I think I'm also a little bit older than you Kleig, so that might remember carry Wood.
Speaker 2: I remember watching that game. Do you remember watching that game?
Speaker 3: Was that what like three ish?
Speaker 2: I think it was a ninety eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, so no, I probably didn't.
Speaker 2: Man, Please don't tell me you were like seven.
Speaker 3: I was four.
Speaker 2: It's even more even Wars. Oh my god, that's so much worse than I shouldn't have asked you.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have gone to it.
Speaker 2: Let's go through a few others.
Speaker 1: Raphael Devers leads Red Sox come back win over the Rangers after being down by five runs in the eighth inning.
Speaker 2: If only I.
Speaker 1: Know Mike Mayer's asking, if only they could have been doing this, you know, like all the games, not just this one game with Raphael Devers, which, by the way, the Red Sox looking like a mighty nice stack tonight against Dallas Kichel with the Rangers. Just throwing that out for everybody, for really anything that you want to play at all, it's looking like take a Red.
Speaker 4: Sock, yeah, for sure, and good for Devors. He's been pretty atrocious in the second half. I know injuries have obviously played a factor, but just a one seventy nine average in the second half. With three home runs, so hopefully he's getting back on track. So good for Devors in big game yesterday with those three RBI two doubles, like, definitely what you want to see.
Speaker 2: We got it.
Speaker 1: We got the age jumping out of the chat right now where everyone's like, oh my god, what Kerrie Wood did that? You know I was graduating college, Wonkey said, I graduated high school. I can say a little bit younger. I went into high school. That was my going into high school. Year was nineteen ninety eight, so it was a prime time and little little baby Clegg was sitting out there just rocking, just waiting, waiting for fastballs and sliders.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: On the prospect front, Gunner Henderson obviously had the big homer game and then stole a base, so he's doing a little bit of everything. Initial thoughts on Gunner Henderson and also a little compared Chris Claig is a great prospect mind. Good for us to be able to talk about that little prospect. Friday here and Clike was starting preschool walk he.
Speaker 2: Said that maybe.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about Gunner Henderson in the early impression. But also comparative to Corbyn Carroll in his start since those guys are kind of like intertwined as being one, one A and one B in the.
Speaker 2: Top prospect lists.
Speaker 4: Well, there's always uncertainty when a prospect comes up how they're going to perform just right off the bat, because there's a lot of pressures. But Gunnard just looks so confident and Carol too, They both have come up and look incredibly confident at the plate. And Gunner's looked really good in the field too, which has been excellent to see. So pretty much all around what you've been seeing all year, and he doesn't like he's going to miss a beat moving up to the major leagues, which is a major encouragement seeing him already still a base I mean, he's still twenty two in the minors between double and triple A so far, but you always wonder how that translates as well. So he's effective on the base past two, I mean only three caught stealings this year, so you hope that that can stick. You know, Gunner's not going to be the fastest runner, but I think the stolen base efficiency is going to be really good there, and the power obviously a big breakout this year.
Speaker 3: All the eggs of velocities really back that up.
Speaker 4: And you saw that moonshot that he hit for his first career home run.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm just impressed.
Speaker 4: His demeanor looks really good and he just looks like he's somebody that's ready to hit the ground running.
Speaker 3: And same with Carol.
Speaker 4: I mean, you couldn't really ask for a much better start to either of these guys career with how they've played. I mean they've come out the gate firing. I mean Carrol's already driven in five runs, scored four times. Like, those are things you want to see a lot of confidence making, good contact and consistent contact. Is that so I'm really encouraged by both Carol and Gunner and this is what we've seen all along. But you, like I said, you have to question sometimes, like how does the jump to the major leagues and major league pitching affect them off the bat. I'm not seeing a huge vestment period for either of these guys.
Speaker 1: See that's a really key point at the back there is like neither one of these guys look overwhelmed. The nerves are gone. They found success early on, especially Corbyn Carroll. I mean I don't want to take away from Gunner. It's only been a couple of games and he's done it. Same thing with Corban, they both in different ways. But if you look into dynasty for next year or no, let's go to redraft, Actually for redraft next year, which one are you more likely to invest in?
Speaker 2: If you're gonna invest in one?
Speaker 1: Obviously Gunner has got a little bit more of the better position side, but Corbyn Carroll probably going to have a little bit more speed on his side, and I think has a higher probability to hit.
Speaker 2: I think if in a.
Speaker 1: Perfect world, I think Corbyn is a guy that could hit high in the lineup, and I think Gunner is a guy that hits around five in that lineup. So what would you take redraft next year? Which one would you bank on?
Speaker 4: Probably leaning Carroll, I feel there's a little more safety there. But you mentioned the position notligibility is going to be interesting. You know what kind of eligibility does Gunner end up with? Like we've seen him in the minors this year play every infield position. He's already played third and short. Does he even sneak over and get some maybe some first and second? I don't know if he plays enough. I'm in obviously, like n FBC formats. He's not gonna get enough for that. But Yahoo, you can get position eligibility for almost anything, so that'll be interesting to see. So the position eligibility could be fun to see for Gunner, but for the safety of the bat, a'll Laine Carroll for next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, another interesting aspect. I almost wanted to ask again, this is kind of like a bigger dynasty thing.
Speaker 2: But if we had a dynasty show, here is.
Speaker 1: Usually I move away from young guys. I use a way I move away from prospects. It more has to do with prospects and trying to project when they're gonna come up and when we're gonna actually have them and paying the high cost. And you know, there was plenty of people that were worried about like Bobby Witt, like is he really gonna start and they're drafting around the eighties, and then when there was more confirmation he moved up into like the top fifty. Next year is gonna be different, I think more than ever because we now have a full scope of how the new manipulation and advantages of players. I think teams have a better idea now and you're getting so much more of a run.
Speaker 2: Of like we're seeing the Carrols. Grissom is another one.
Speaker 1: An interesting thing actually, I just was watching some video on this before I see Wax and the chat bringing this up. Grissom not only you know, being successful early on and playing in the middle infield, but now is working out in the outfield and it's getting some outfield reps, which I was talking about.
Speaker 2: Makes the most sense in the world.
Speaker 1: So my point is is you got Grissom and Carol, and you got all these guys that are getting some run now in lieu of them starting with their team. It's an advantage for all these teams that have them up. Do you see yourself investing in more of these young guys early on next year because the problem, I think is going to be how much are they going to struggle versus the cost It's gonna come up because we have more certainty that they're going to break camp and the only answers we are going to have are the small little hints are going to be these like one hundred of bats that they're going to get or so when the season ends to kind of like make us feel.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I think seeing prospects at least get their feet wet in the majors in the prior season. Helps me don't want to invest more, but like I don't heavily invest in prospects that haven't debuty yet in a redraft league. Obviously, like a j Rod this year, before he was confirmed as being like making the open day roster, he was a super value, like he was going super late in drafts. But I didn't touch Bobby Witt now that it ended up being right, because you know, WIT's obviously been incredible at nineteen twenty six this year. Home runs, stolen bases, really good so far, and it's just always the question mark of you know, what player do we see do they struggle out the gate, because for a lot of prospects there's an adjustment period and then you look and we see the torqual sense of the world who have been just had a terrible year.
Speaker 3: To put it up, I was about to say.
Speaker 1: There's kind of three realms, like there's the Julio realm, Bobby Witt is kind of it's not quite the Julio Well, I mean, it's still in the same range. It's almost like a best case outcome. So there might be three and then the bottom end is the Torkal Sin and what range are you gonna get the problem with If you're also evaluating guys, It's like if you wanted to start getting some comms. It's like a Tristan Cosas is probably closer to a Torkal Sin than the other guys, but a Gunner and Corbyn those are better high contact hitters, similar to Bobby Witt and Julio Rodriguez. Just an interesting it's a whole interesting new world we're in with all these prospects, and we're also seeing some of the really early success and then they're gonna get a break, and then we're gonna see, you know, in the off season how that progresses and what their cost is going to be. You know, I really have no idea because you even guesstimate. I couldn't even tell you where guys at Corbyn, Caroly and Gunner are gonna go next year.
Speaker 2: But I got but I gotta take a guess.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's inside the top one hundred in redraft, I.
Speaker 4: Would go top fifty. I mean, like at least it depends on what their septembers look like like. But I could certainly see the value just getting out of control and Rob Dpahr already put together a twenty twenty three draft champions. They're actually going to be playing out if I and this was for Carroll even got the call. I think he went top fifty in that draft, if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, So a big September or even a solid showing in September from both those, I think maybe solidifies him in the top fifty for next year.
Speaker 2: There was another prospect call up.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the middle infield or Yankees were probably hoping for an Anthony Volpi.
Speaker 2: Anthony Volpi was sent up to.
Speaker 1: Tripa A, but they called up Oswalt Parrazza, who I'm actually a Paraza fan. His batting average similar to Volpi, just kind of tanked this year, but counting stats are great. Nineteen homers, thirty three stolen bases, had one hundred hits in the miners this year. Didn't even put up four hundred bats and he put up those stats, but again he only hit two fifty nine. Twenty two years old, play shortstop, could play second base. I've always been quite a fan of him. I absolutely love his swing.
Speaker 2: Plague. Any thoughts on Paraza coming up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's easy for people to look at the overall line and just see kind of a dis not even a disappointing season from a power speed standpoint, but you know, two fifty nine average. But it is important to realize how good he's really been. His first month and a half was pretty bad. Since June two ninety one average fourteen home runs, twenty two steals, five to eleven slug over that time, and he's really just progressively gotten better throughout the season. And again, that's what you want to see from these prospects, is just the continued development from them. So Paraza is a legit prospect. I think a lot of people faded him early on. He never really budged in my rankings. He has always been around like a top sixty prospect for me, and that's just who he's been. The profile is everything you want to see, and obviously Volpi's the big name, but Parazza is also a really solid player. He's just twenty two years old and turn twenty two this season, so a young twenty two at that. You know, based on what we've seen from prospects, I think this is another one that's going to fly under the radar and probably not get love that he deserves, but be a pretty solid contributor for the Yankees. And I think he plays every day.
Speaker 1: Really because one of the things I wonder with some of these guys that are getting these late calls is are any going to be options coming to the Arizona Fall League? Are they gonna want some extra because Praza got under four hundred at bats, He'll come up to the majors if he does play every bit every day. Maybe he gets to five hundred. Is that gonna be enough or do they want to push it more? Because the Riggers of a major league season is around six hundred at bats, so he could do that if he came to the AFL. Same thing with Carrol, same thing with Henderson. I'm gonna suspect those two, specifically Henderson and Carol are gonna be guys that don't but it'll be interesting to watch.
Speaker 2: And Monky is a really good point too.
Speaker 1: Finishing this out is like you know, I say, like around the hundreds, if we're seeing these guys go in the top fifty, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get back in.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go right back into my redraft stance of not valuing these young guys because they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be overvalued.
Speaker 1: You know, if you've got you've got Carol specifically going inside the top fifty in his first full season, and then let's just arguably say his counterpart Alec Thomas is going, you know, one fifty plus.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have Alec Thomas.
Speaker 1: Think I love Gorbin Carrol, but I just don't know if I would take the risk already just because of one hundred and something in bats that he would be a top fifty overall player. The stolen bass would be great, but we're we're all mixed up with guys like Julio and Bobby Witt and what they've done this year, And that's kind of the argument.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fascinating to talk about Naciason.
Speaker 1: We don't need to do it here, but lots and lots of good prospects stuff as well, Prasa, keep a lookout for maybe another one of those guys. As we were like totally and we left and right, we're just getting like fun prospects coming up, and you know.
Speaker 2: Nothing to really help.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of these guys you're necessarily wanting to pick up for your playoff runs unless there's you know, unless there's a big deficit like Tolia. Maybe if I was looking, if I was purely homer stat hunting, Perrazza would be a Praza was kind of a five toolish player, so I might be willing to but you know, we'll see. On the stat heroes, Joey Mnesis four for six with a homer and four RBIs, Alex Fradugo three for four with a homer, Christian Walker with his two twelve batting average or whatever it is. I think this is his thirty first two for three homer, two RBI. Shehae Lengaliers. We talked about looking for some power. He continues to show out homer three RBIs with a run. Ty Frantz with a homer, Raphael Devers three RBI, going two for five, Andrew Vaughn two for five with a homer, Pollock at homer, Austin Reilly and Julia Rodriguez one for three with a homer and an RBI. Andrew Vaughn, I feel like has been quiet on the back half of this year.
Speaker 2: Cleg Where are you at? On Andrew Vaughan.
Speaker 3: He's a tough one. Yeah, he has faded a bit.
Speaker 4: The power hasn't really come along as you expected, but the contact skills are really good and he's maintained a solid average. Like we expect him to be a higher OBP type than this based on everything that we had seen in college and in the minors. But he's walking in just a five and a half percent rate this year, not striking out much. They're sixteen four percent strikeout rates, So those are encouraging, But like, where is the power at? And I think that's the biggest question mark because I always, you know, thought that Vaughn would get some more power that I thought it was plus power in this profile and it still may be.
Speaker 3: I mean, twenty four years old.
Speaker 4: Vaughn's kind of playing a variety of positions, and I would say that he's not even comfortable in the outfield and he's playing left and right field. He played second base twice, I mean, goodness gracious, but his homes at first base or even a DH type, So you have to wonder how much, you know, the playing the outfield positions really affects him at the plate.
Speaker 3: But overall, I'd say.
Speaker 4: It's been a good season, but it's not been a great season at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Vaughn is he's actually a lot more of what I thought he was going to be. I was never as big on Vaughn as everybody else. One of my nice little hat tips is when everybody was on Vaughn, I was Bobby Witt back in that draft class. But you know, fifteen homers to eighty nine batting average this year, Obp's kind of I remember I was trying to stir up some news in spring training when I caught him working on a side field at second base. I'm thinking, hey, maybe they're going to have him as a second basement. This was when all the chaos of him not being a starter was out there, and he's, you know, for the most part, been out there. I think he's eclipse four hundred bats, fifteen homers, good batting average. I think this is the type of guy that he is. Though it's a little bit more average than ever. But I guess we were all hoping a little bit more. You know, it was a plus plus hit tool, but we were hoping that would lead to like some close to plus power, you know, twenty five to thirty. But we're not quite there. If we could only mould Christian Walker and Andrew vaugh together we could get like a great fantasy player, think a really good fantasy player.
Speaker 3: Pretty epic, yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 1: Spincher Strider on the Hero's eight innings, sixteen strikeouts, as we talked about, only two hits. Logan Gilbert hit the K prop nine strikeouts. I think his prop was four and a half six innings, only give up two hits, struck out nine. Merle Kelly seven innings, four hits, seven strikeouts. Kyle Bradish was only at three and a half k's on his CA prop yesterday, seven innings, two hits, struck out five. Clayton Kershaw another one of those actually on the K props. We hit both of them because Clayton Kershaw's was super low three and a half and he ended up striking out six in five innings. So those paid off, especially if you paired those two together. You know, even in more of a fun fact, von Grisham, we hit three of the four props yesterday.
Speaker 2: And the thing that Bubba said was.
Speaker 1: If you just paired the two easy dogs, the Kershaw and the Grisham together, it would pay off, and it did. Grisham had a hit and Kershaw struck those out. So three of the four paid off on the stat zero's Tommy fam Oh for four with three k's, Luis Garcia over four with three k's, Matt Olsen, Hazy Saguilar and Victor Reyis all with big three K markers on the pitching side, and Wardo Rodriguez gave up five and runs and a couple homers. Rich Hill four and fourign runs and four innings walked fours big four four four and Brandon will Drift five and two thirds five earned runs four kse. What do you think you will have Brandon Woodruff.
Speaker 2: Ranked next year? Are you a big ran?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm not as big of a Brandon Woodriff guy, and I feel like I'm always trying to kind of like justify a little bit him not being I just don't think he's in that.
Speaker 2: Elite class, that elite elite class. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would have said that before this season, but at this point, like he has chopped off a little bit for me, and he's faded a bit in the second half. Even though the numbers do look good, there's been a few more of these blow up type starts, which is interesting to see. Even though he does have a three to zero er A in the second half, like he just had some inconsistencies and I don't know, he's tough, like he's a borderline top ten guy.
Speaker 2: For you.
Speaker 1: I got a question for you, all right, Brandon Woodroff or Spencer Strider.
Speaker 3: I knew that's where you're going.
Speaker 2: I got all excited. I thought of it.
Speaker 1: I was just dancing here waiting to ask. It's Spencer Strider Brandon Woodruff in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: I do think it's close.
Speaker 4: I think that Woodroff probably gets you a little more safety, but Strider probably has a little bit more upside based on what we've seen with the strikeouts and the lowered walk right. So right now, I'd probably say it's a coin flip, but it's based on what you'd either have the safety of a wood driff where you know you're going to get it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't fall on yours.
Speaker 3: And Sider.
Speaker 2: There we go. I just wanted to see you. I just wanted to hear it. I wanted to hear Striider. I love it.
Speaker 1: I think I might be with you there on the home run calls. I'm sorry, friends, we do not have an updated board. I was not given an updated board, so don't blame me. Austin Riley though made some movement on the leader board because there was a lot of Austin Riley yesterday. Your leader is still de Blum at forty nine, who had Matt Olson just like me, did not work out. I Cubby though had Austin Riley and has now moved within one of Deeblum at forty eight. Go Cards had Gallows, So it's staying at forty seven, and then cat Fox at.
Speaker 2: Forty six, Skull l Skull at.
Speaker 1: Forty five, and that is kind of the list there. Thank god Joe was knocked off of it. Mike Mayer is still on the board, but there's a lot more separation now. Now it's not like twelve people are tied. There's really forty eight forty what does it go? Forty five, forty four, forty five, forty six seven eight for nine.
Speaker 2: That is like the top of the leader board here.
Speaker 1: So it is any man's race or woman's or anybody's race with only like what is it twenty eight days to go? It's kind of exciting. It's kind of exciting to see where that is all going to go. Friends, when you want to make your bets, grab your tiara.
Speaker 2: Put it on.
Speaker 1: Go to bet MGM and do it now and make your bets using the promo code leading off one.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars risk free first bet you can rock that.
Speaker 1: Look at that tier. It just looks really good with the Fantasy Pros logo. I gotta admit, go do it today. Football season is coming up. College there's a lot of college in there. You still have an entire month of regular season baseball. Playoff baseball. Playoff baseball is absolutely where it's at. So if you haven't already, go use a promo code leading off Kings queens with crowns and tiaras.
Speaker 2: You can do that today. Doesn't quite look good with the hat always, I don't know if it looks I don't know it looks good with anything.
Speaker 1: But I do have the tiara there for you at the red one, and I do have some plays for you if you want to make some bets.
Speaker 2: So we've got as usual, two.
Speaker 1: Total base the number one play and the number one plus money play, and then we've got strikeouts, the number one play and the number one plus money play. Today over on bettingpros dot COM's MLB.
Speaker 2: Prop cheat Sheet.
Speaker 1: Prop cheat Sheet Danny Jansen is the number one play at minus one fIF two to just get a hit. It's one total base, that's all you need. No walk, but just one hit is essentially what you need. It is minus one fifty two. He's projected over two. And the plus money play it's actually even but I don't want to go all the way down Dan Vogebach versus Washington total bases. You just need one and it is even money. It's even money.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize that. I thought it was one and a half.
Speaker 1: It is even money for just one hit for the Vogues if you want to take that on the strikeouts. The number one play is Jeffrey Springs, who I believe has been on this list a ton as like the number one play anytime he pitches, it's just based off of like projections on what the books want to go thinking he's not going to go deep in innings, but he does have the Yankees, so the number is four and a half. It's minus one sixty. They're projected over six, so it's pretty Chue stuff. My favorite of all of these is the plus money play of Sonny Gray. Sonny Gray only four and a half strikeout number against the White Sox and he's projected over five. I love this play. This would be one I would go with. So, Chris, what do you think you got? Springs?
Speaker 2: Gray on the strikeouts, Vogelbach, Janssen, what do you like? Do you like any? Do you like multiple? What are you playing here?
Speaker 4: The Gray ones pretty much a no brainer for me, I think at this point you look at I mean, yes, Gray only struck out four in his last start, but it was against the Giants prior that he went six ten, five, five, five seven.
Speaker 3: Yesterday the sock.
Speaker 4: Struck out twelve times, and on Tuesday that was they struck out eleven times.
Speaker 3: So to me, that feels like a pretty.
Speaker 4: Good play for the plus money. I do like Jansen as well. Obviously there's a little juice there. Springs could be interesting. Obviously going against the Yankees could work out. I'm not sure how I feel about the fogel block when to be honest, he's been kind of in and out. He hasn't had a hit since the twenty second of August, so that's.
Speaker 2: Why it's either that's why I did the money, right.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the Gray one's pretty much a no brainer in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and I was laughing Heller high Water and said, I think Strader just had another k just like right now. Also, I would say, I think Wonky is like alluding to this. Just pick a red sock and be comfortable taking the total base marker. I didn't even look. But let's see if I could take a look real quick. I'm gonna go to the Boston game. Like Xander Bogart's total bases would be one I would play, And I think that is something we're gonna hear in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Okay, so let's see bear with me here for a second, because this is where you're gonna make some money, is going against Dallas Kaikle. So on the Boston guys, I mean, I like JD.
Speaker 1: Martinez. They actually are not even listing. I don't even see on the cheat sheet Xander Bogarts. He took them off. But you almost have even money on JD. Martinez total bases you need one and a half. I'd smash that. I absolutely love that one. Like it over the Trevor story one whatever. I don't see Xanders, but if it's out there, I would take a look at that as well. But I would take the Jady Martinez one and I would be very happy with it.
Speaker 2: On the DFS side, some pictures for you.
Speaker 1: Alec Manoa is eleven on FanDuel Luis Castillo is ten to eight. Sonny Gray is nine to one, and Jordan Montgomery is nine to six, but we're playing on the cheap side.
Speaker 2: Gray Montgomery, those are two that I like. I always love Luis Castillo in.
Speaker 1: There implied run totals of over five. You've got Saint Louis Toronto in Boston if you want to play some stacks and yes, Boston, So just anybody in the front of the lineup, and that takes us to the home run calls. Claig, what do you got on here? The guests have been doing pretty good so far this season. Who's your home run call for Friday?
Speaker 3: This one was kind of tough.
Speaker 4: I went back and forth on how I felt about today's call. I was kind of leaning Aaron Judge, but I don't know it's I had a couple so I'm just gonn to just make the call, and I'm gonna actually stick with Judge. I think he's, you know, the most likely going up against Springs. Lefty like the matchup even in Tampa, and Judge's power kind of transcends that park. So it's Aaron Judge today, and I think Judge has a big weekend as well.
Speaker 1: You and Joey, You, and Wonky has got Xander Bogarts, Mike Mayer's got Jose Ramirez. I think Ramirez is one of the better BVP plays of the day. And I'm gonna go jad Martinez. I literally, when I was looking through the schedule and I saw Dallas Kaykel, I said, all right, I gotta pick a red sock. And if it was if Kaiko was Alridy, I would have gone with Rafael Devers. So I needed my next writing. I didn't want to copy Wonky with Xander, but I.
Speaker 2: Like jd just as much.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's hitting If he's theoretically hitting fifth in the lineup, you know, the opportunities for Xander to get another at bat increase a little bit.
Speaker 2: But it's Dallas Kaykel, so I don't think it's gonna matter.
Speaker 1: Dallas Kikele probably gonna last three innings anyway, So they're gonna each get two at bats and hopefully gonna be some crushing of homers and friends that is it click?
Speaker 2: What do you got going on? What's going down in your world?
Speaker 4: Not too much, man, it's wrapping up minor league stuff. You know, We've got one more home series here in Greenville, so be out a couple of times next week for the end of the Drive season. I don't think they're gonna make the playoffs, but it's been a good one. Got a lot of looks, a lot of good players, so it's been fun. Still doing Quick Grades. I've unfortunately wrapped up my last prospects to stash for Fantasy pros. That article was the last one of last week, so a lot of those hits, a lot of good ones.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you were rewarded with some of those prospects.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Quick Grades is out now, will be out every Friday or Saturday the rest of the week there.
Speaker 3: So that's really what's coming around on Fantasy pro.
Speaker 4: Still doing Dynasty Ranks, prospect ranks on fan tracks as well, so you can find those there.
Speaker 1: Beautiful find them on Twitter at rode O Clegg. By the way, Wonky said found even money on Xander one and a half on fantol total basis.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Friends.
Speaker 1: You can follow me on Twitter at is it the well, you kind of know all the stuff that's going on.
Speaker 2: It's a brand new month.
Speaker 1: It's a great time to check out our patreon at in this League dot com and I'm going to be working on early to twenty twenty three ranks that are going to go over there and all my prospect stuff Dynasty Prospect five hundred and preparing for almost one month to the day for the Arizona Fall League, where all of your favorite prospects will be circling around here and I will be circling around them. Thank you guys for hanging out with us during the whole week. We'll be back same time next week, right here and leading off, it's Fantasy Pros and we are out of here.
Speaker 2: Goodbye friends, have a good one at home.