Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick Shots, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go. It's a Thursday here inside the SWBC podcast studio at the Star in Frisco, and this is Mickshots. And there are football players on a football field just beyond the windows that's surround the SWBC podcast studio. And Mickey Spagnola has been out on that football field. He's taking a good look at who's in uniform and who's not. And Everson Walls and Savannah Humoler. They have football players in football pads today that you know they mean business.
Speaker 4: Yeah listen, uh, Spags are still going to blow it when it comes down to the final roster. I have no confidence in you as man after after that game?
Speaker 2: What was that? The Cardinals game? I blamed you?
Speaker 4: Did you get my text after that was heard?
Speaker 2: How come you did that? Yeah? You're supposed to be a guy man.
Speaker 5: I guess I should have walked down the aisle in the plane and see who was yes, informost of it.
Speaker 2: You didn't know about the the Tyler smith Uh pothole.
Speaker 3: So it's a with a grain of salt that you listen to Mickey Spagnola tell us who's out.
Speaker 2: On everything happens after we go off.
Speaker 5: I wanted you to know that I wasn't on the fan yesterday because of Mike starting at eleven and they had booked a on merrim them for some reason at eleven twenty, so they said we'll get you tomorrow. Well, when I came through the parking lot, the guy that does the mobile car washes in there, he goes, so were you late or were they late? And I go to you mean? He goes, I was waiting for you at eleven o'clock and you weren't there. And I said, they told me they didn't need me.
Speaker 6: He goes, what do you mean they didn't need me?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 6: I was driving around waiting for you. So they just let that be a lesson to you.
Speaker 3: The people are waiting with they did breath. That's right, Nicky has to say about who's on the practice.
Speaker 5: I thought for sure they'd be indoors after the storms last night. It was, especially when they showed me the rain at FC Dallas that interrupted that game.
Speaker 3: You couldn't no, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think so they had to call it. And I'm going, well, there's no way they're practicing outdoors today.
Speaker 3: But you got here and there is equipment on the field with a little sunlight on it. And they went.
Speaker 6: To so question for you, were you working last night?
Speaker 5: I was, did you sit in the office for five hours and do nothing?
Speaker 3: I so it's ten thirty rolled around and it was obvious at ten o'clock when when they put a tornado warning out, when they put a tornado war ninety five, they issued a tornado warning, uh for the Middle Lothian area or whatever not that they don't matter.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's not dismiss it. That was very dismissing.
Speaker 3: It's the tornado warning was until ten thirty. I said, well, we ain't having sports tonight. I could have gone home then, but it was raining.
Speaker 6: And nobody had sports. And I'm going, you know what they had to spend or at.
Speaker 5: Least one station spent money to send their crew to Tampa. And I said, well, they're not going to waste that. They're going to come back for sports.
Speaker 3: In the station. The weather guy, uh delcas uh. He must I've got all I've got all the stations up in my office.
Speaker 6: He must have talked for an hour straight.
Speaker 3: And he was saying, well, they say this is supposed to be a tornado, but I don't see a tornado in there at all.
Speaker 2: It was very weak, that's right.
Speaker 4: Said it was unimpressive, unimpressive, sounded disappointed.
Speaker 6: If it's unimpressive, wire, I watch this for an.
Speaker 3: Hour, no sports, no sports, Yeah and so and so all the stations have to even though it's very unimpressive. What's happened because everybody else is doing weather. We got a new weather.
Speaker 4: Too, because he just sounded disappointed.
Speaker 2: Impressive, God, it's not going to tear up anything. Well, I'm not here.
Speaker 6: I was thinking of Bill.
Speaker 5: I said, well, he's got all this great stuff and highlights of the Rangers winning the nobody saw it, and nobody saw it.
Speaker 3: Poor Rangers. The one night, the one night they win a postseason series, they're going to get all this coverage and weather. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They they want you to cover, cover the celebration. Yeah, cover this celebration. You got your dog in the last celebration.
Speaker 3: A tornado that wasn't there re empted them all right, so uh, at least this celebration was for something. Yeah, and I think it's no criticism for this Champagne celebrated.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you look at it, they still got to go to Baltimore. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: They skill still could be home five days resting, may still be resting.
Speaker 3: So the real test, the real test on that celebration last week is whether they win the next series.
Speaker 2: You go, Now, they put pressure on themselves every stop.
Speaker 5: And you could spray Champagne. Doesn't mean you have to drink.
Speaker 2: Right right right.
Speaker 4: Well, I got to admit I was very impressed with him. I sat down and watched the whole game. Like, man, these guys, I don't know, I don't know what you think they have it? You think they have it?
Speaker 2: You like that?
Speaker 3: Like that that rookie from Jason Whitten's hometown.
Speaker 5: Car and he doesn't like Champagne.
Speaker 3: And the other rookie from Texas, Man, he's a boy.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess one something. They had to check his ID.
Speaker 3: He just turned twenty one. He's never had a sim Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Never had a sip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he said, I'll take.
Speaker 3: A beer Okay, there you go, Okay, real man.
Speaker 5: All right, So injury right, that's right, And here we are talking baseball and tornadoes that weren't. I saw everybody out there that was on the extensive injury report yesterday, most of them not injury rest.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: The only person that wasn't out there was Peyton Hendershot. He's got a ankle and he was out yesterday, did not practice, and it didn't look like he was practicing today. But the encouraging thing ever since was that Tyron Smith yesterday was listed at non injury rest and he was out there in pads. So was Zach Martin listed as non injury rest yesterday with a thigh. He was in pads. So was Beattish, Tyler Smith, and Terrence Steele. So there is a chance a chance as last day, first team offensive line will be on the field together for the first time all year.
Speaker 4: We saw him on the cords yesterday, right, Yeah, they look good. You said you can't have a.
Speaker 5: Bad knee and do those things shuffle that they were doing. That's right. So Damone Clark was out there in pads. Ric O'Donnell out there in pads and he told me, I'm fine, I've got a bruise guy with a helmet, helmet in the in the hip and he goes, it's just sore.
Speaker 2: What happened to the days of just just tape it up?
Speaker 5: You can't take off a contusion, have injury reports back in your day?
Speaker 3: I don't remember this.
Speaker 4: Are you serious? Come on, man, I'm not like Rayphiel right that somebody? Man, Come on, I was. I came into eighties. Things were kind of modern. We started. We were good with computer paper. Remember yeah, we actually ushered in. Come on, Gill Brand, remember me, Gil Yeah, come on, Tom just told I don't.
Speaker 3: Know that we had to have injury reports back then these there wasn't any.
Speaker 4: We were never injured as far as we were concerned, because I know if I was injured then I probably lose my job.
Speaker 2: So I never went into put some spin out. I never I just put an extra take Savannah, take it up? That was it?
Speaker 3: So, Savannah, how are things doing on the text line over there? What is that number again? Let's see text line? It would be eight one seven two nine oh three two nine eight.
Speaker 5: Do you care about the San Francisco in dreams? Sure? The Only Star debo debo was limited with ribs in knee fun so they listed him as limited.
Speaker 2: He's not missing this.
Speaker 5: Juwan Jennings there, I guess third or fourth wide receiver was limited. The rest of the guys that did not practice h John Feliciano backup center guard.
Speaker 3: Who by the way, they're backup center. John Feliciano started fifteen games for the New York Giants last year and signed in free agency with San Francis. You think the Giants could use.
Speaker 5: Him, Yes, yes, especially Schmidt or Schmidt's whatever his name is is injured linebacker Dre Greenlaw did not practice. He's there starting will linebacker. They rested McCaffrey. I'm sure he needed it. They back up running back Elijah Missil Mitchell didn't practice. Cornerback should Various Ward was out yesterday and they rested Trent Williams. So maybe that'll help him get within three yards of the line of scrimmage when he gets in his stance.
Speaker 3: Oh, you've done some scouting.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 2: Doesn't take much scouting for that guy.
Speaker 5: The head is supposed to cross the center's belt.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows now. Everyone knows now that he does the wrong thing.
Speaker 6: Every's so he's so far back. You got to take three steps to.
Speaker 4: Get to him, and he takes off fast and he gets earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should do.
Speaker 5: I asked somebody yesterday. I said, one of the defensive guys. I said, did you guys see when he kind of digs his toe in the ground like it should be a false start before the snap? They go, oh, yeah, we see it. They don't call it. Doesn't do any good to say anything.
Speaker 3: Jordan rules rules.
Speaker 2: He's that good. He's not that kid.
Speaker 3: He's a ten time pro bowler.
Speaker 2: Well he enjoyed.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, if you get a head start like that, well, it'd be interesting to see what the Micah can do.
Speaker 3: I think Michael w worked that side much. I bet he does. I bet he does. Got a fifth round draft pick, Colton mckivott's at right tackle. Of course, that Matt McGlinchey, who was their starter for the last four or five years, former first round pick. He signed with Denver in the offseason. So they're going they drafted mckivts in twenty twenty in the fifth round and he's just starting right tackle, which.
Speaker 6: By the way, we didn't have.
Speaker 5: I mean, we just kind of got the news that Randon Gregory got released yesterday, so I looked into it. Sean Payton like officially got released or well, they were waiting for a trade. They were trying to trade it and they couldn't do anything. And so when they said is he gone, well he's not here, but we'll see. So they were still trying to work a trade with him. But it made me think because he ended up signing with with the Broncos, who, by the way, getting rid of him is going to cost him sixteen million dollars against the salary cap.
Speaker 7: It's a pretty penny.
Speaker 5: Think about what he's done there. I think he ended up with maybe playing ten games and limited this year. He had like two sacks. But because they he decided to leave and they didn't spend that money, they were able to re sign Dorns Armstrong, who ended up with eight and a half sacks last year. They were able to sign Dante Fowler, who had six sacks last year and probably played my Parsons more at defensive end as a pass rusher than they would have if Randy Gregory was there, and he had thirteen and a half sacks last year, so they more than compensated for his loss. And Denver didn't get banged for the buck by signing him to that big contract. Has he signed with New England yet?
Speaker 3: I don't know that he's been released yet.
Speaker 5: Maybe they haven't officially done it yet.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're still trying, sources say. And what often happens on that is it'll get floated that he's going to be released.
Speaker 5: So Sean Payton sounded like they were cleaning out the locker room.
Speaker 3: Okay, that they but if they haven't released him yet, no one else can. Then if there is a team that would be interested, Yeah, just like what It's basically what the Chargers did with the Patriots.
Speaker 2: J C.
Speaker 3: Jackson did not play the last couple of games. He had some legal issues back in Massachusetts, and so they were about to release him. But then the Patriots on Sunday lose their first round draft pick, cornerback Christian Gonzalez at AT and T Stadium to an season ending injury, and so they worked out a deal, and the deal was an exchange of late round draft picks in twenty twenty five. But what the deal really was is the Chargers are eating the contract and the Patriots don't have to fight anybody else to get to kend Jackson. And so in a situation like that, whether it's this player or any other player, sometimes you will float it out there and then if Sunday you have an injury, you can do what the Patriots did in that case.
Speaker 5: These Cowboys must be pretty Kim.
Speaker 3: Akers was a the same deal with the with the Rams, right, and then he went to the Vikings.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, Cowboys must be pretty physical. Because the Patriots lost two guys for the season with injuries.
Speaker 3: Ju Don also two best defensive players this year.
Speaker 4: I think Gravy was good here, right, Yes, don't don't, don't speak too fast, yes, and so what happened?
Speaker 2: I just want to know.
Speaker 4: I mean, we speak of him as if he's you know, yesterday's news.
Speaker 5: They tried, they they thought they had him resign. He agreed, and then Denver gave him the same contract, but basically in their contract it was like, well, if you get suspended, we're not going to take any of your signing bonus. The Cowboys had that in their No.
Speaker 2: No, no, I would call that. I would call that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, what happened when he went to Denver. That's what I'm trying to see.
Speaker 5: He only played ten games. I think last year he got he played.
Speaker 3: Last year he played six games, three starts, He had two sacks, twelve tackles, seven quarterback hits. This year four games, there was ten total YEP. This year four games, three starts, one sack. His time with the Cowboys, Okay, we're asking he was good here. He was good when he was held field.
Speaker 4: On the field, and that had become him being well on the field that they posted not well.
Speaker 3: Okay, twenty twenty one with Dallas twelve games, eleven starts, six sacks, and he had seventeen quarterback pressures. Twenty twenty ten games, no starts, three and a half sacks. Twenty eighteen fourteen games, one start, six sacks, twenty sixteen two games, one sack, twenty fifteen twelve games.
Speaker 2: No sacks.
Speaker 3: If you totaled Dallas, he had sixteen and a half sacks from twenty fifteen through twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: And if you go the other way instead of going twenty twenty one back, would you go you know twenty sixteen four?
Speaker 3: Use the improvements and so the last.
Speaker 7: His last past year, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Well, his last three years that how twenty well, twenty nineteen is not included in that because he wasn't on the field in twenty nine. Because he got twenty twenty eighteen through twenty one is four years. You're looking at fifteen and a half sacks in four years.
Speaker 5: So and I think.
Speaker 2: But he but he was.
Speaker 4: He was part of a very good, uh Cowboys defense that has the reputation that it has right now.
Speaker 2: He was up, he was acting thought of that when he was eligible to.
Speaker 3: Available, Yes he was, but the problem was he wasn't available. That's why the Cowboys stuck with him.
Speaker 7: Well, Mike from Boston wants to know if we think the Cowboys have any interest in bringing him back for cheap and we are not.
Speaker 3: And I'm not addressing that. I'm not addressing that because he is property of the Denver Broncos until told otherwise.
Speaker 2: So we can't even think I bring him. Think I'm not allowed to confuse.
Speaker 6: You don't want to violate the NFL.
Speaker 2: Rule, right, So.
Speaker 3: I'd like to when we come back here kind of break down, compare the Cowboys and the Niners. Look at the rosters. I think that's a good one, and compare the two. It is very interesting. I think when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: As they snapped the press, guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes flaft. He'll look full punch down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a step away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school PEPSI. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite Wood of Pairing Can Crack's a Kickoff, Tailgates Going Way Pass postgame Sunday Night overtimes followed by Monday Morning Swag Brisky in the Smoker Miller lt In the two America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 5: Demit shots.
Speaker 7: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, we are on mixed shots here. We're taking your tics eight one seven, two nine zero three two nine eight. Savannah's got that covered, and let's cover Cowboys versus Niners in how these two teams match up with each other. And I just want to go not so much matchup offense versus defense, but look at the roster and SISC where would you like to start on offense or start on defense?
Speaker 2: Go offense?
Speaker 3: You want to start at quarterback? Yeah, he got It. Is interesting how Brock Purdy and Dak Prescott compared to each other their background. I mean, Dak was at Mississippi State and you can definitely make the case might be the best player in Mississippi State history, led that team to its highest ranking ever. They were number one ranked in the country for five weeks his junior season.
Speaker 2: And that was on his back.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, that's right. And Brock Purdy, meanwhile, it was at Iowa State and he was a four year starter there and they became a top ten team on his watch as a quarterback of that team. And if you know the history of Iowa State football, that's probably one of the best four year stretches in that university's history. Okay, then they are both third day draft picks. Dak of course, in the fourth round and Mystery Irrelevant was the last pick of the draft last year. And then their rookie season, an injury occurs to not just the start quarterback but the backup quarterback, giving both of them the opportunity to play their rookie season. And what did Dak do when he became the starting quarterback? It was a thirteen and three Records Visions championship, won eleven of his first twelve games that year, including an eleven game win streak. And what has brock Purty done. He's on He's working on twelve straight games in which he has started and finished that he has won. He's twelve and zero in games that he has started and finished which he did not finish. He only was in for like four plays of that NFC.
Speaker 5: Champions win was his first game last year during their ten game winning streak.
Speaker 3: It I have to look it up for you, but it was in the midst of that.
Speaker 5: It was they had already won those games with Garoppolo.
Speaker 3: I think I'm including the playoff wins too in that well.
Speaker 2: He had two on it.
Speaker 3: Two playoffs and then four to six and so it was six games he won in the regular six of his ten.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, so very similar paths. You would think Dak has more experience than him obviously.
Speaker 3: And has.
Speaker 5: Won more games, but yeah, kind of kind of similar.
Speaker 3: And he brock Purty is doing with this Niners team kind of what Dak did in his rookie year, which is Dak only had four interceptions that year. I think it was twenty three touchdown passes he had. They relied on running the football and it put him in a great position to have success. And that's what brock purty's doing with Christian McCaffrey behind him.
Speaker 4: That's when Zek that actually catch the ball back in the day when he was younger. I remember the screen pass against the Steelers that.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous twenty three and four.
Speaker 5: One touchdowns and interceptions. Yeah, finished with a quarterback rating of one hundred and four point nine. By the way, people forget this about him. In twenty twenty one, he finished with a one oh four point two quarterback rating, and all the rest were in the nineties except for twenty seventeen when it was eighty six point six.
Speaker 4: Probably one of the better games I've seen in Cowboys Stadium was the Packers versus Cowboys twenty team. Aaron Rodgers spins out, that's on the last drive and we get throws the first down to the tight end.
Speaker 2: Is he still in the league.
Speaker 4: I can't remember the tight end's name, but he was a very good tight end and they ended up kicking like a fifty plus yard field.
Speaker 2: Jared Cook Jered Cook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at that time, he was really just making his mark on the league, and that was one of his better plays that he's ever made, more meaningful plays he's ever made.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was one of Dak's best games that he's ever played this moment.
Speaker 5: People forget that he put up thirty one points in that game and had to drive down the end to tie that game up.
Speaker 2: We thought that would be the last.
Speaker 5: Left, like fifty seconds left for Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Well, what was unfortunate.
Speaker 4: But we didn't realize after he's done it three or four times that season that Aaron Rodgers was actually pirouetting and spending out the out of the rush.
Speaker 2: And on third and four, which he had done three.
Speaker 4: Times that that year already with one of them. Mihel Mary on a Monday night game. I believe it was against the Detroit Alliance and he was able to do that. So he was known for doing that that entire season, and we were surprised when he did it against us in that playoff game on that last drive.
Speaker 5: And it helped that the center was tackling one of the Cowboys defensive lineman from behind.
Speaker 3: Play What does what do people think? It was one of Troy Aikman's greatest games of his career. He was the NFC Championship game at San Francisco and the Cowboys fell behind twenty one and nothing to start the game and brought him back right and almost pulled off the victory. That was That was like the Dak game you're talking about, because Green Bay got up on Dallas twenty one to three midway through the second quarter of that game and Dak brought him back only to see Aaron Rodgers do that thing.
Speaker 5: So there and there's this perception out there that Dak camp put the team on his shoulder and bring him back in.
Speaker 2: How old was he? How was he that that in that game?
Speaker 3: Probably twenty twenty three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, very young. He did that at twenty three years old. That was very impressive. And yeah, no one wants to say that their best game was a game that they lost in, right, it happens, but no, you just don't want to take the price, right.
Speaker 5: Do you know what that ninety four team will tell you how good that game was. After they spotted San Francisco at twenty one to nothing lead with three turnovers on their first three possessions.
Speaker 4: Troy would rather tell you. Troy would rather pick another game.
Speaker 2: Right, I can tell you from experience, But.
Speaker 5: Nate and Frisco and he'll tell you that was one of the most memorable games he played in because they fought back and they didn't give up, and they were within a non interference call on Dion Sanders from basically getting tie in that game.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 4: That's the first time and only time I've ever seen Dion whipped, right, I've never seen him. Look, I've never seen him look like that before. Michael Irvin was owning him that game.
Speaker 6: If you think about it.
Speaker 5: They started off thinking they were going to take Elvin Harper away with Dion Sanders and double team Mike, and that didn't work, so they put Dion on Michael, double teamed Harper and Dion got.
Speaker 4: With it was the physicality of Michael Irvin. Right, I've never seen him in Poe his will like that on one individual like he did on.
Speaker 5: And he had him beat for that touchdown and he grabs him and whole game.
Speaker 3: Around because snow fly Savannah. You like the way we're breaking down this roster, Sniders.
Speaker 6: I think we got hung up on the quarterback.
Speaker 12: We see this.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't have started with the quarterback. We got two minutes, all right, we're gonna are.
Speaker 2: We gonna gettes?
Speaker 3: Are we going to do ten minutes on your position?
Speaker 2: Okay, go through history running running.
Speaker 3: Back and go back to the playoff history of the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: We did a hell of a job.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, running back, running back running that one of the best in the league right now, right.
Speaker 3: Right's right, Tony the league, Okay, if you want to say that.
Speaker 5: And in the two losses, Pollard didn't really get an opportunity. I think he had six touches in the twenty one playoff loss and then he got hurt.
Speaker 3: Was it first quarter?
Speaker 5: Second second quarter?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yes, in the second quarter right before an interception, right.
Speaker 5: Before the interception, right, okay, wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Well, it starts with Debo on one side and c D on the other side.
Speaker 4: Okay, and they are totally two different types of players to me. Right, they use they used the same, but their strengths are totally different.
Speaker 5: So they got they got Debo Ayuk and.
Speaker 2: And are you the healthy.
Speaker 5: Juwan Jennings or Ray Ray.
Speaker 7: McCloud Ayuk is also he's coming off of a career high. He had one hundred and forty eight yards in Arizona and he rans fifth in explosive place and leads the league in yards.
Speaker 2: Per route run well matchup there.
Speaker 7: They also zero drops this season.
Speaker 3: A rookie that they used some Ronnie Bill seventh round pick out of Michigan like the Big Green Notebook liked him.
Speaker 5: So so full back approval.
Speaker 6: Juice sect Juici.
Speaker 3: How do you say to Kyle you.
Speaker 5: Know?
Speaker 3: And and is the standard bearer fullbacks in this league? Seven time pro bowler out of Harvard. But Cowboys, I.
Speaker 2: Like matches his energy.
Speaker 6: He went on right.
Speaker 3: Now, he went to the Harvard of the Midwest, North Dakota State.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll go with that.
Speaker 5: Cowboys got somebody from North Dakota State, right, two guys, right, we just two guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not right. Yeah, we know you didn't mention that, because now that the full back Harvard, he wants to go off. He wants to go off the deep end end. We're trying to stay. Thank you.
Speaker 3: You got tight ends.
Speaker 4: All our tight ends we have to tight ends, and they're all just as good as Kittle together.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you put them all together.
Speaker 5: Right, that's Hendershot might now be on the field.
Speaker 3: And the backups for Kittle are Ross Dwelly, Charlie Warner and Brayden Willis out of the year.
Speaker 4: Hey about Kittle, I mean he's the man. I mean he's going to be a problem, which always is a problem.
Speaker 3: So the last time these two teams met, what play do you remember?
Speaker 4: Come on the passing fans call against uh? It was with Donald Wilson versus Kettle and that was bs by the way, right. It was one of those Kansas City Chief passing fans calls every time down.
Speaker 2: In the red zone.
Speaker 3: And then they also had the other scramble drill play where Kittle was running free down the field and flipped the field.
Speaker 5: So yeah, offensive line as a whole, when we're healthy, it's at least a pusher.
Speaker 2: If it's help. It is interesting though.
Speaker 3: You got a ten time Pro bowler at left tackle for the forty nine ers, Trent Williams, and eight time Pro bowler of healthy Tyron Smith for the Cowboys, to premier players at that position in this league for the last decade, and the.
Speaker 5: Aaron Banks is their left guard Spencer Buford, and the right guard.
Speaker 3: Aaron Banks was a second round pick two years ago, Spencer Burford from utsa fourth round pick last year. And the center Jake Brindle I've talked about out a UCLA and Plano East High School. And then the right tackle, Colton mckivotz, was a fifth rounder. And you look at the Cowboys, you got a first rounder if healthy at left tackle, a first rounder at left guard, a Pro Bowl center last year, and Tyler ba there a future Hall of Famer at right guard, and Terrence Steele who just got his second contract at right tack.
Speaker 2: So we've got three Pro bowlers on our side.
Speaker 5: And it would have been for Steel didn't get hurt.
Speaker 3: Now, having said that, what has happened for San Francisco is they have been healthy on their offensive right and that if you go across the board in this league, teams that have healthy offensive lines and they don't have to be future Pro Bowl players or anything like that, but if they are healthy, those teams have a big advantage.
Speaker 2: Over one one game we have when we three starters.
Speaker 3: Unable to play against.
Speaker 5: So kind of and it kind of came up in the press conference a little bit, but we talk about what the Cowboys have to worry about with San Francisco, But I guarantee you they're talking about what they got to worry about with the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And when we come back, when we come back, how about these defensive fronts on these two teams.
Speaker 2: Well we stayed on track. Good. Yeah.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte what a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swack Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest school. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate responsibly twenty twenty three, miliber Own Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 9: They snapped the fresh scout who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapt You'll love Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 9: Prescot's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere, it's the crisp crunch that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 5: To mixed shots.
Speaker 7: Dallas Cowboys Game Time powered by Lenovo, the official gaming platform and community of the Dallas Cowboys. Sign up now to compete in Madden twenty four for a chance to win two tickets and a VIP experience to a twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboys home game. Qualifiers begin on October sixth and run through the thirteenth. Learn more and register at Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, we are breaking down these two teams. We've looked at the offense. Now we're going to look at the defense, which I'm sure will lead us to talking about the Cowboys versus the forty nine Ers in the nineteen seventy one playoff game, somehow, some way, how, Micky will tell the story about Larry Cole.
Speaker 2: Rather than eighty one. I'd rather talk about seventy one than they were.
Speaker 3: Nicky will tell the story about Larry Cole rolling around on the sideline and Roger Staubach came back with two touchdown passes in the final two minutes of the game to win the game thirty.
Speaker 2: To twenty million nuts bags. You're not going down there cast.
Speaker 5: Your formersive back coach his head coaching job.
Speaker 3: Mike Noland, Dad Dick.
Speaker 5: Nolan lost these two playoff games to the Cowboys, and then they got rid of them.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, defense upfront, on defense.
Speaker 2: Scary stuff on both sides.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, Niners added a guy that we're familiar with from Philadelphia. We hate him, Von Hargrave.
Speaker 2: He's so good.
Speaker 3: Hargrave had eleven sacks last year for the Eagles in seventeen games played, and this year he had a sack against Arizona, he had a sack against the New York Giants, and he had a sack against the Pittsburgh Steelers' track. Three of them, three of them in four games. That's a pretty good pace. For especially for an interior defensive lineman lining up alongside him as a former first round draft pick, and Eric Armstead. And on the edges you got Nick Bosa, who was the second pick in the draft in twenty nineteen, who just got paid five years, one hundred and seventy million dollars.
Speaker 5: And Michael Parson said thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yes. And on the other side, Cleveland Ferrell, who was a bust in Las Vegas, actually started last week for San Francisco, made thirty four, had thirty four snaps. And also they've got their second round pick from last year, Drake Jackson as an edge, and they got some others that they run through there in their rotation. So and what do the Cowboys have? Cowboys? They got they match Hargrave with Osa, okay.
Speaker 5: Match Bosa with Parsons. Now is somebody matching Marcus Laws?
Speaker 3: I don't think Cleveland Ferrell is okay.
Speaker 5: And then Jonathan Hankins and he had Armstead and Armstead.
Speaker 2: Hankins is really playing well this year.
Speaker 3: And it's a rotation obviously for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: So I think we have more depth, don't we.
Speaker 5: Well, Fowler and Armstrong and Sam Williams if you look at those three coming in as pass rushers.
Speaker 3: On San Francisco forty nine ers dot Com, they just said that, I think we have more depth, don't we.
Speaker 5: It's debatable, right, Gallamore is playing well, playing well, that's very true, you know, and we'll see what happens with Mazy as well.
Speaker 3: Go for but both teams have invested in their defensive front and you and we include the linebackers. And if you're going to include the linebackers in there, which we will. You got Fred Warner, who's one of the best, another guy who's gotten paid five years ninety five, and Drake Greenlaw is their other starting.
Speaker 4: Line green Law scares me. That guy scares me. He's one of those guys that just a raw athlete. He has no off switch at all. He kind of reminds me of Sam Williams a little bit. Yes, they played different positions, but he is extremely physical and it's hard to get him off the field.
Speaker 3: He had one hundred and twenty seven tackles last year and Warner had one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 2: So now he's all over. He's all over. He scares me. I mean a lot of walk up on.
Speaker 3: Him and he got field, he got a two year, sixteen million dollar deal.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this year green Law thirty two tackles won for a loss, no sacks, one pass defense.
Speaker 3: Okay, twelve forty so secondary.
Speaker 2: Tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic. Well, let's go.
Speaker 3: Secondary. Servarius Ward in de leonore your corners for San Francisco, and Isaiah Oliver in the slot, and your safeties. A guy they picked up in the fifth round who made the All Pro team, tolenoah Hufunga and Tayshaun Gibson veteran player out of Dallas Kimball High School in Wyoming who is now thirty three years he really starting strong, say wow, yep.
Speaker 5: I started to remember when he first came into the league.
Speaker 2: So a guy like Telenoah, whu funk that guy is?
Speaker 4: When you miss someone like that in the draft and he falls to the fifth round, then there was something that they didn't see that he always possessed.
Speaker 5: Sort of like Donovan Wilson.
Speaker 4: Well, they see that the physical wasn't as impressive for them to where they wanted to take him higher. But obviously he's got something up here right that made the difference, yep. And why he's making plays now with his physical ability. You put the mental with the physical on some players, it elevates it.
Speaker 2: But you can't see that when you're doing a drills with the ball and.
Speaker 3: The college get the college game, which wasn't different.
Speaker 6: Wilson was a sixth round pick and.
Speaker 3: Then Donovan Wilson was a sixth round the same time. Yeah, I mean Malie Hooker was a first round pick. But what curse was what seventh round? I mean safety? The other thing is a lot of teams don't value safeties like they do corners and.
Speaker 4: Uh, and so it's easy to It's easy to see a cornerback he's man to man, he's on that person. If he does well with that person like you make tackles, then it's easy to quantify.
Speaker 2: But if you have a guy, like you said, the safety position.
Speaker 4: He can make decisions on the pro in the pros uh and elevate himself mentally faster than he could and elevates exactly.
Speaker 5: So I up right in this game, I think Marquise Bell is going to be very important to what this defense does because if they want to play that deal with just Vander Asher on the field and he's the linebacker, somebody's got to be in charge of debo.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing with check is on the field so much, right, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, they might have to keep look at him as.
Speaker 3: A second tight end, right, and so that may keep your personnel different than a nickel package.
Speaker 5: But then there might be Thomas out there to take care of the tight end. But then the linebacker's got to you know, who's dealing with McCaffrey, because somebody's got to cover him as a wide receiver, not just the running.
Speaker 4: And it's not just the physical out here. He needs to know what he's doing, right, And they're going to try and cross him up big time because he's young. He's just they can see how confused heat Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Thomas, Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 4: You got two young guys out there, two big physical guys. They're going to try and take advantage of their aggressiveness. And and now once you get them off off off kilter, then you got problems for the rest of the game. But if they come in they're making plays and if if Quinn can get them home then or what they have to do and keep it simple for them. It's not just going to be a physical game. It's going to be a mental game as well, because.
Speaker 5: If you think about in the opener, everybody was worried about the Giants tight end Waller, right, and remember they lined up Janya Thomas.
Speaker 2: Basically, yes and yeah, but the Giants.
Speaker 5: But the quarterback disappeared too, as he has in most games.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, having to figure out the Giants philosophy versus figuring out the nineties philosophy, it's going to be a totally different thing, right right.
Speaker 6: How about kickers? Oh yeah, both have rookies, So how good is that kicker? For he was the first one drafted, third round? He's the third round, third round.
Speaker 3: Jake Moody ninety ninth or ninety you read my writing ninety ninth picking the draft, Michigan, Jake Moody.
Speaker 5: So he's nine of nine on field goals, fourteen of fourteen on extra points, and his long as fifty seven. So he's got a leg and he's got forty one points, so he's sixth in scoring. Two Brandon Aubrey, who has forty eight points, tied for the lead among kickers with Elliott of Philadelphia Jake Elliott, and all he's missed.
Speaker 2: Is one his first extra points first?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nine of sudden change. Wow, there's a sudden change point.
Speaker 2: Let's just look this game razor thin.
Speaker 3: So that we just found the difference in the two teams.
Speaker 5: That was it, the rookie seven point difference. But I bet they're a little bit better in the red zone than the Cowboys are.
Speaker 2: Off the top of my head, no doubt, no doubt. Will that make the difference?
Speaker 5: Though, Well, in this game, you better not be leaving four points on the field when you're in side the ten yards.
Speaker 3: So what he's getting at. Don't rely too much on that rookie kicker.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can rely on them, but you're gonna get further behind because you're not scoring touchdowns.
Speaker 2: You got to stop somebody. You have to stop somebody.
Speaker 5: Team offense inside the twenty. San Francisco's ranked seventh. They've scored touchdowns on twelve of eighteen possessions in the red zone twelve of eighteen. The Cowboys are seven of nineteen.
Speaker 2: All Right, So we did it.
Speaker 3: Have we reached a conclusion who wins the game? I think, Well, we're gonna have to wait until tomorrow for you to find out who we are picking. It's a big mystery until tomorrow. Here on mix shots.
Speaker 2: We'll see you at high noon, Yo, Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 5: You