Speaker 1: What's up and welcome. This is the Rogue Recap and you are here with your host, Linda McLaughlin. She is pissed, off, outraged, and has zero patients with what seems to be an epidemic of entitlement and stupidity. Here we talk about all the things the other shows just don't or won't touch. Make sure to like and subscribe to our podcast so you never miss an episode.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, welcome to the Rogue Recap. I am Linda McLaughlin. Please check us out Roguerecap dot com, at Lyndamick at Rogue Recap on X.
Speaker 3: Wanted to do something tonight.
Speaker 2: That I think needs a little bit more attention than it's getting for all of us. Here we're watching the amount of insane news politics, geopolitics, global politics, war, destruction, murder, you name it, it's happening. I said to somebody this morning, the world is on fire and it is not an exaggeration. Now, the only way that we are told that we can make our voices heard is to have our elected representatives speak on behalf of their constituents, or at least the majority of them.
Speaker 3: But that's getting to be a.
Speaker 2: Real problem because the Republicans suck, the Democrats suck, the uniparty sucks, and none of them, I repeat, none of them give a shit about us, the voter, the constituent, the average American. So I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but I do think there's a few things that could use some clarity. First of all, every vote that happens, both in the House and Senate is public information. You can see the schedule of votes. You can see who's voting, and you can see how they voted, whether they voted not present, whether they voted no when they should have voted yes, so on and so forth. Then we have another issue, which is this issue of the filipbuster. And I think the filibuster is a word that gets thrown around, but I don't think most people understand what the filibuster is.
Speaker 3: And if they say they do, they're probably.
Speaker 2: Lying because I don't want to look stupid, because everybody likes you to just say, oh, yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I am the queen of saying I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: And I love saying that because if you don't say you don't know, then you're never going to learn anything. Right, If you're the smartest person in the room. Find a new room. You're in the wrong room. So right now we have a lot of conversation going on in the Senate because Leader John Thune, who's just as horrible as McConnell and Cornyn and all these other rhino assholes that have been in Senate for too long. Right Like it's just it's almost like, well, I've lived here forever.
Speaker 3: So like why leave? Why get a real job?
Speaker 2: You know, they only work one hundred and fifty days out of a three hundred and sixty five day year as it is, and they spend two of their working days from what I can gather working in politics over the last twenty years traveling because instead of traveling on a Sunday to get to their office in DC on a Monday, they'll go on Friday. They'll leave in the morning, and then they'll travel back to their home state on Friday to be there for Saturday and Sunday. But they don't travel on the weekend because they don't want to give up their weekend. So they'd rather travel on a workday both Friday and Monday or Tuesday when they come in so that they can say things like, oh, yeah, I'm going to be in my home office or my local office. I'm like sure, So if I show up at your local office on a Friday, you're going to be there, Okay, sure, right. I mean it's just we all know it's bs, but they do it anyway, so they have the best, cushiest job.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying all of them.
Speaker 2: There's probably a handful of them that are actually working.
Speaker 3: But the issue is twofold, right.
Speaker 2: You've got the staffers that are doing the political climb to whatever they wanted it to do.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Some of them are really nice and super helpful, and some of them really suck, just like the people that they work with. So and then some of them are like stuck with terrible people, but they just they can't get out of that job until they can find somebody else to work with, which I totally get. But right now, we have the Save Act that's going through the Senate, and we need John Thune to have a vote.
Speaker 3: We need John Thune to pass this.
Speaker 2: Bill and be done with it like a knulf already. And I'm not exactly sure why it is that the Senate majority leader is not passing the Save Act. So the Save Act for Your Awareness is basically for us to protect our.
Speaker 3: Voting when we go into an election.
Speaker 2: It would be a federal bill and it would require US citizens to show proof of citizenship i e. Passport, birth certificate and then be registered to vote in the federal elections. And essentially, we are trying to get non citizens who do not pay into our systems, do not give back to any of the benefits and programs that they ridiculously reap off of, which we're seeing in California, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, I mean, just every single blue state you can think of. They have rampant, rampant crime, fraud, and theft of the American taxpayer. And we can't stop it because the same people that are allowing it to happen are the ones that brought in the people that are stealing from the American taxpayer, and they want to keep them here because it's a quid pro quote, right. They're giving back to their quote unquote NGOs and their nonprofs, and so everybody's getting a piece of the taxpayer dollar and the only guy sitting out in the cold is the tax payer. And that's why we have so many homeless veterans. That's why we have so many substance abuse users lying on the street. California is a great example of that. And there's no there's just no way around where we're at right now. There's no way around it except to pass the Save Act. So if we look at the Save Act and we look at what's happening, we can see very clearly that it was voted, it was passed in the House in twenty twenty four, it was already passed, it's passed again in the House. Now we need John Thune to say, yes, we're ready pass the Save Act.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: So if we look at the I'll give you the definition of the bill of how it's written. It says the SAVE Act refers to the proposed Safeguard American Voter Eligibility Act. This is a federal bill requires what I just said to you, you know, documentation of your citizenship, and it disenfranchises illegal immigrants so that they cannot vote in federal elections for a nation that they are not a citizen enough. It would be like me going to any other country outside of the United States, Australia, England, France, you know, and saying, yeah, I want to vote in your elections. I think Macrone sucks, which I do think Macrone sucks, and I do think it would be great to have someone replace him. But turns out I don't live in France. So if I decide to go there and I'm on a work visa or a student visa, or I have some sort of you know, I don't know, elongated stay, it doesn't suddenly give me permission to vote in their general election. Like that's not how it works. So if you look at here what we're doing in America, we're just trying to get the leadership to pass this frickin' bill and be done with it already. And for whatever reason, John fun is not passing this bill, and he's not answering people either, which is another which is another issue, And I'm not really sure why that is either, and I'm trying to I'm honestly trying to figure it out. I'm trying to understand what is going on with John Thune that he is ducking and dodging on the issue and when people ask him about it, he will not speak to it. Like that to me seems a little strange. Now, South Dakota Senator Mike Bround's Utah Senator Mike Lee. These are great guys. They are fully supporting this law. They are getting behind it. You know, no reason why you can't prove that you're a US citizens of vote, Like this should not be a complicated concept. But for some reason, John Thune is just stalling like crazy. And so now people are saying, we have to a pass this bill and b we got to get rid of the philip.
Speaker 3: So what is a filibuster?
Speaker 2: So the filibuster is something that has gone on in the Senate.
Speaker 3: For a really long time, and.
Speaker 2: It allows ongoing debate, unlimited debate. It's what we saw Corey Booker and Ram Paul and Senator Cruz and Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 3: It's used on both sides.
Speaker 2: They'll read cat and the hat books, they'll recite lyrics from songs.
Speaker 3: Anything to delay.
Speaker 2: Getting to a vote on a bill that they do not want to have happened in the Senate. And so they have this unlimited debate. And the only way to force a vote and to end that is that the Senate has to invote culture. But you need sixty out of the one hundred senators because you get two from every state, say one hundred senators, sixty of them have to be able to come together and say, Okay, enough, enough with the cat in the hat, doctor Seuss, I'm done. You know, we need to move on and we need to vote on this bill now. If we look at some of the things that are happening recently, these senators are using these moments to break records. They're standing up there and they're doing the most ridiculous things to say, oh, I was the senator that had the longest filibuster. I'm like, guys, you know, the American people don't get to screw around all day and play games at work.
Speaker 3: Why should you? And I think that's the.
Speaker 2: Long standing issue, right is that we have seen far too long that this is a massive problem and that it's time to codify the things that President Trump is trying to do. And after twenty twenty, I would think that this would be even more important.
Speaker 3: For us to have some security.
Speaker 2: And you have to understand if somebody is opposing the requirement to show ID that you are an American citizen to vote in the they are part of the problem. If you don't want for us to use ID, then you want people to vote illegally because you know that the American people don't want you to have whatever bill it is past. So you have to get the people who you made a promise to right. Because there's some sort of strange agreement between illegal immigrants and Democrats and some Republicans to do X, Y and Z so that they can all share in the profits. And it's been going on for far too long. So we need to get some action here.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: We all knew that John Thune was a scumbag from the beginning.
Speaker 3: We knew that.
Speaker 2: He was part of the old Guard Cheney Bush. I hate Trump, you know group, that's who he is. But you've got to love your country more than you hate Donald Trump. There's got to be a part of you that they're saying, all right, he drives me nuts, but on this he's right. People should actually be a citizen in order to vote in our general election. I mean, why is this a problem? And it isn't news, you know, this is not something that you know, we haven't already talked about. This is something that has been going on for quite some time. And to be honest with you, John thuneh has been a massive disappointment.
Speaker 3: I truly believe that.
Speaker 2: If we could get him out of there and the Cornin's out of there these twenty twenty six midterms, these old guard senators and representatives, they're out. When we have you know, seventy to eighty Republicans voting to give money to the National Endowment Society, all of this money to these Democrat causes.
Speaker 3: I mean, who the hell.
Speaker 2: Needs a Democrat when you got ass whole Republicans. That's basically where we're at. Not basically, that is where we're at. And so now we have an opportunity to change things. Now, we have an opportunity to codify things that require us to protect elections, to protect your vote, to protect our country so that we can leave something behind for our kids. So make sure you're calling your senator two O two two two four thirty one twenty one. It is so scary that I have that memorized. But make sure you're calling them. Make sure you're letting them know that if they do not vote for the Save Act, if they do not start taking action and putting Americans first today, they will not be here tomorrow. We're going to kick them in the pants. It's been real. See ya, Bye, it's done. That's basically where I'm at. I hope it's where all of you are at, because I think I've had enough and I would like it. I would I would really like our nation to have some protections. So make sure you find out. Make sure you call your senator and you ask them, are you voting for the Save Act? Do you care about our future? And will you protect my vote because my vote matters. And if it's canceled out by an illegal alien who hates my country, steals off of our benefits and multiplies like a jack rabbit to out demograph my kid's future and take away opportunities for people that love this country, then you're going to get primaried. The midterms are going to be really rough if these Republicans don't get a clue, and considering the fact that they control the House and the Senate and they still can't get shit done, it's really disheartening. I hope you'll follow it. I will be too. I hope everybody has a great weekend. This is Lynda McLaughlin. This is the Rogue Recap. Follow me please at Rogue Recap at Linda Mick and you can see all of the latest news at my website rogue recap dot com. See on Monday