Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Caroline Hepget alongside Tom McKenzie. We're joined now by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor, Chlone Malay.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Chloe.
Speaker 3: So ABB shares have sawed this morning. I'm still of tried to get used to their new phrase engineered to outrun that came in last year.
Speaker 4: Are they outrunning? Why?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: So quite good news, very good news actually from ABB this morning. It reported very strong order growth, actually record auder intake in the second quarter. So ABB makes power and automation tools for factories, and it said that demand was very strong, very solid, especially in the US. So if we look at the electrification unit in particular, that was particularly robust, and that unit supplies power companies, and that is solid because of the fact that the AI boom is driving investment in data centers, which is in turn driving investment in electrical grids, which is then benefiting ABB. Investors reacted very positively to the news and going forward, the CEO was very optimistic. He said that the company was on the path towards a record year, and obviously he did flag that, you know, that was despite some uncertainties of course in the global environment.
Speaker 4: That's a caveat that.
Speaker 1: We're likely going to see a bit more for the rest of this ending seasons from the CEOs so.
Speaker 4: For ABEB to Francis Legment and there's some games coming through. Here's what's sappening with this business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, since we're talking about AI, let's talk about kind of another aspect of it, which is where Lagran fits into this. So companies that kind of provide the cooling equipment, the server ACKs, the electrical equipment that I used in data centers. Those companies are not always kind of household names, but they are crucial for the broader air industry. And one of them is Lacarmo French company, and this morning it raised its four year target for sales growth and that's because of that strong demand from data centers. That also pushed the shares up for one of its key piers.
Speaker 4: Which is Schneider Electric.
Speaker 1: They have both been talking about the opportunity that comes with the AI rush and that's really helped them kind of offset the weaker demand and their kind of other key markets like the European residential market, for example, or the US office market.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's on Lacart and ABB.
Speaker 3: Nevatis has with released some sales figures, but they seem quite disappointing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's quite an interesting story from Nevatas this morning, with kind of both positive and more negative news.
Speaker 4: Let's start with the positives. It raised its guidance for the year.
Speaker 1: That's due to kind of strong sales of its cancer medicines in particular, and it also announced a new buyback of as much as ten billion dollars to be completed by twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: But on the other hand, on the more kind of.
Speaker 1: Negative side, the sales for its siasis drug called Coscentics really disappointed, and generally some of its key drugs are facing increasing competition from cheaper generic drugs that are coming through this year, including one of its other key medicine medicines, which is a hot medicine called Entresto. In addition to that, the chief financial officer is also leaving after twenty two years and almost ten years, oh no more than ten years as the finance chief. Just to kind of give a sense of how this person is thought about in the industry. One analyst said that he was widely considered to be the best CFO in the industry, so obviously not great for nov artists to be losing this CFO. Over All, the negative news did offset the positives, and the shares have been a little bit pressured this morning. Now, going forward, the key thing for novartists is going to see We're going to see if the bet that it has made on new medicines is really going to pay off going forward.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.