Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: All right, break it down.
Speaker 3: If you ever have feelings that you just fons Amy and Cat gotcha cove and locking.
Speaker 2: No, brother, ladies and folks, do you.
Speaker 3: Just follow an the spirit where it's all the front or real stuff to the chill stuff and the m but Swayne, sometimes the best thing you can do it just you feel things. This is feeling.
Speaker 1: Things with Amy and Cat.
Speaker 2: Happy Tuesday. Welcome to feeling things. I'm Amy and I'm Cat, and Cat's gonna kick us off with the feeling of the day. We both have them today, lots of feelings flowing.
Speaker 1: So I'm adding an extra feeling. We'll get to my real feeling. Well, they're both real feelings, but my extra feeling is excited.
Speaker 2: This is where we validate for everybody all your feelings, Matt, Well, do we use the word real because your feelings are real? But also they're.
Speaker 1: All valid, They're not always justified, okay, and feelings do not justify hurtful behavior.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just excited.
Speaker 2: Are you going to describe some herbal behavior that you did know?
Speaker 1: I'm feeling excited because something big is happening.
Speaker 2: Yes, So make sure to follow us on socials. I feel like that's the easy way. And then if you're not on Socials, then in the show notes, we will have a link where you can find everything. I don't know that it'll be up yet, it's well, well, the show's coming out or this episode's coming out on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: The link you can sign up for the newsletter that will let you know exactly when everything goes live.
Speaker 2: Boom, and it'll show it in your email inbox, and then that makes it easy PC. Yeah, so we have a sweat set. Yeah, I'm very excited about the sweat set. Kat does have on the T shirt that's the one we've been.
Speaker 1: Wearing for feeling for a while.
Speaker 2: We've gone through a lot of other options of things, and then we have a hat with something that we've been saying a lot. So we hope that you'll enjoy it because it'll sort of be our little inside secret.
Speaker 1: Ooh, you guys should message us and say what you think the hat's going to say? Yeah, it's not what you think. It's not the same as what I'm.
Speaker 2: It's not the same as the shirt. Every piece, the hat, the shirt, and the sweat set all have a different vibe. So hopefully there's something for every type of style or whatever you're into. Okay, that's a good feeling. I didn't know where you're going with that.
Speaker 1: But I said that you get us there. It's exciting extra.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, it's exciting to've been working on it for months. And it's good timing too, because maybe you're starting to shop for gifts and guys, I know we have some husbands that are listening so they can better understand their wives because their wives listen to so now Bam easy Charristmas.
Speaker 1: Gift Easy Easy, Lemon Squeezy. Now my other feeling. I'm excited to share this feeling too, because Cryocat just asked about my hair before we started recording, and I'd already planned to say this, so she asked, if I got my haircut, does it look.
Speaker 2: Like I got my haircut like a little layer? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, I got my first blowout on Saturday. Have you gotten a blow out? You're looking at me like that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that everyone has experienced a blowout. I just didn't know that's where you were going with what happened, Like, so you didn't cut your hair. It's just the magic of a blowout.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I got a blowout on Saturday because my mom has a membership somewhere and she had extra credits.
Speaker 2: There's a blowout membership.
Speaker 1: My mom wants to get her hair done, so she hadn't used all her credits because I guess she wasn't getting her hair blown out in the summer because she would always be like going to the pool or the leg. I guess. So she asked me my sister wanted to get her hair blown out. I never would have just gone and gotten a blowout. That's just I'm like, I can gurl my hair, and I wanted the real experience because they can do whatever you want. I guess they could just curl it, they can wave it. I said, I want a real blowout. She did like the bru you know, the brush and then the rollers. It was fun. I felt pampered and I felt like I could have fallen asleep in that chair. But I also thought I would hate it. I thought I would look like I was from.
Speaker 2: The eighties, like just too much hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't take a picture after it.
Speaker 2: Was taller, the hair, the closer to Jesus, this is beautiful. Oh you loved it.
Speaker 1: Oh I loved it.
Speaker 2: It still looks great today even days later.
Speaker 1: Well, so I got inspired.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I know what you're gonna say. What did you buy like a blowout kit to do your own and you're gonna set up with your nail salon in your kitchen. Now, this is one thing I will take you up on. You can blow dry my hair.
Speaker 1: I will take a blowout. I'm feeling seen and known right now. So I took a baby step because I know what I can do is like I can get the whole shebang going too soon, So I baby sept it. I didn't get like the air wrap that's like six hundred. I just got a heated brush like a curling iron, but it's a brushka, you know. And I got some kind of spray. They sprayed so many things in my hair that I was like, how do I make it look like this? I need all those products, but I don't want to buy them all. So I got some spray. I got a blowout brush like the iron. So today I didn't wash my hair. I just used the brush to redo it. And it looks not as good now. It looked really good this morning, So I have to perfect how to keep it looking that way. But have you watched Nobody Wants This Is That?
Speaker 2: With Kristinn watched This Is It with Kristin Bell? Yeah, yes, I'll watched it.
Speaker 1: I didn't even answer no.
Speaker 2: I was trying to make sure that it was the right show with Adam Brody and Kristen Bell. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the sister I don't know the actress name, but the sister's name is Morgan. She is the best hair and that's my goal. So I want my hair to look like Morgan from Nobody Wants This? And I rewatched that season this weekend. The second season's coming out on Thursday. Ooh yeah, okay, So once I get good at this, I'll do your hair. Okay, that is relaxing, right, Okay, all right guys, that's my next business.
Speaker 2: Okay, can't wait for the blowout. You have to be careful with those heated why brush tool thingies though. I just want to make sure it doesn't like break your hair. When I was getting too many blowouts at one point, my hair person is like, why is your hair breaking? What's going on? And they sometimes will use just when you go or when you're using it, just don't keep it on the highest hottest setting. But if they're trying to turn over and get as many people in as possible to hire the heat, the quicker they can move, and so you just have to request medium heat just so that it's not I had it on three ninety damaging. I don't know that three nineties bad. I feel like it's when you get to four hundred four ten.
Speaker 1: It goes to four ten.
Speaker 2: Okay. I would back it down just so that you don't end up with a lot of breakage. And it was a thing because I was going to get I guess it was probably like your mom. I didn't have a membership. But I justified it because I would take my computer and I would work the entire time. And I was like, I'm multitasking getting my hair washed. I'm working.
Speaker 1: How often were you doing it?
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes once a week.
Speaker 1: I wish I could do this once a week.
Speaker 2: And then I realized, okay, how much I was spending to me. I definitely was trying to justify it because I was working, like I said, but the math wasn't really mathing if I really took a look at it, so I stopped. But also the hair was.
Speaker 1: Very king Okay, well maybe I'll just do this on special occasions, but I curled my hair every day. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just making sure with your tools, like keep it. I don't know. It's just so a little warning because I had tons and tons of short baby hairs and I didn't know that that was the reason. And then when I cut back on them, my hair got better.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is our pact. You're gonna tell me in a nice, non sib way if my hair starts to look broken, okay, damaged, I shall Everybody in this room, I shall tell you because I don't want to hurt my I feel like I have healthy hair right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said you'd been sib to Patrick lately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this weekend. I noticed multiple times. It's when he will ask I'll have just said something and he'll ask, like what I just said, and I'm like, oh my god, I just said this. And maybe it's because I feel like he's not paying it. Yeah, I know, I know. I just figured it out in my head. It's football. It's football. It's football season. We're in the middle. It's Saturday, Sunday, Monday, is it Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's lots of football it's not Tuesday. I think Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: It's not working for me. That's probably what it is because we were out, I know this weekend. We were out going to different stores and he was being such a trooper. We were like chopping and stuff for my hotbrush, and he's glued to his phone the whole time, and so he's not listening to what I'm the story I'm telling myself. He's not listening to me because he's watching football. And then I snap at him and then he's like, okay, so sweet back. Like he doesn't snap back at me. And if I talk to him like that, or if he talked to me like that, I would be double SIB all over him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a problem. Well, I think we both have ended up with guys that are just way more laid back than we are. Like we have you know, you said Sib earlier, which if anybody is new.
Speaker 1: It's sorry epitchy, because.
Speaker 2: We don't mean to be. Yeah, but just sometimes we can be. And I purposefully chose to go on an eight hour road trip with my boyfriend and his kids. So I met them in Virginia a couple of weeks ago. They were there for fall break and we were going to a Virginia football game. They drove up because they were there for several days. I was there for less than forty eight hours, so I flew in after work on Friday, and then they were driving back on that Sunday, and I thought, well, I'm not going to book a round trip. I'm just going to book a one way and then I'm gonna ride in the car with y'all because I want to see what it's like eight hours in the car with these people.
Speaker 1: Was anybody like I'll take Amy's plane ticket?
Speaker 2: No? They no, I mean they were. They were good road trippers, and I think that was what was so appealing. Like, I mean, there was some bickering because their siblings a little bit, but everybody handled it well and there wasn't drama like it was eight hours in the car and with bathroom breaks and food breaks, like everything was smooth.
Speaker 1: One what time did you get up and leave?
Speaker 2: We left at eight am because everybody wanted to get back at a reasonable time.
Speaker 1: That's kind of a late start.
Speaker 2: Eight am.
Speaker 1: I grew up.
Speaker 2: We had been out, we'd been out till like one in the morning.
Speaker 1: You wild kids.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a night game.
Speaker 1: You guys are crazy. What kind of pits said you make?
Speaker 2: Just bathroom and food. We stopped for bagels on our way out of town at Bobo's Bagels, which is apparently it's notoriously famous in Charlottesville.
Speaker 1: Do you want to rate it?
Speaker 2: Oh, ten out of ten? It was so good, Okay, Like I would compare it to Leon's Bagels out of New York, the one I brought you that one time.
Speaker 1: You literally brought from New York, dropped it off at my office. Yeah, the next that's amazing. That's one of the best gifts.
Speaker 2: And then whenever I posted about that Bobos that I was eating on my way back, you were like, did you bring me a bagel? And then I felt bad because I did think about it. I was I thought I should get cat one. But we divided and conquered because some people went and picked up the bagels while Alex and I picked up like these juice things and some coffee at the place next door. And then we all hopped in the car like, yeah, divided, conquered, got the stuff, hopped in the car, and then we were head out of town and we did. It was one gas stop, two bathrooms, and then Chipotle for lunch.
Speaker 1: Interesting, that's it.
Speaker 2: And then we had some snacks, but interesting road trip lunch Chipotle. There wasn't very many other options. It was unanimous.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not maybe it's not that interesting. What would you choose? Okay, it's a Sunday Chick fil A. But then also, which is such a bummer because Sunday is such a travel day. But we grew up stopping. But I guess you had breakfast already. We always stopped at Cracker Barrel every road trip.
Speaker 2: That sounds like miserable because you've you've just no Cracker Barrel is amazing, But you're trying to get out on the road and within the first part of your trip you're already stopping for a long sit down breakfast.
Speaker 1: No, because my dad would make us leave at like six am, if not before.
Speaker 2: Okay, we were out early, so it was a deserved break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be like three hours later. And I loved Cracker Rail because then you got to get a prize, got your meal.
Speaker 2: Day store, get you something like your parents would get you a little treat, like you know the store, Yeah, I know the country store.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We would all get like a piece of candy or something. I would always get those dots that were on the tape.
Speaker 2: But you're calling it a price. I guess I just went clarification, like your parents would get you a treat, or you would like you would have to play a game and then you get.
Speaker 1: If you won the little game with the table, then you got to know they're in a good mood. Then you got to get something there. Probably didn't make us be quiet because there was four kids in the back of a car, but I would get those you know, those sugar dots that are on the yes paper from the paper which are discoloring. I always got those memories.
Speaker 2: Memories.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry mam. Anyway, I want to hear about yours went well.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking like, okay, this was my test, Like I wanted to test out, you know, check road trip, check. You know there's like things like we've never like we've been together for a year, we've never gone to the movies. So I don't know what that's like. What if going to the movies with him as a horrible experience. Now I need to check that box. But I've done an eight hour road trip and I've done a football game. Check like I've gone back to his college, met all his college friends, good reviews, check like reviews on Alex's friends, reputation, personality. They all love him. They think he's great, stand up quality guy, has been for however many years.
Speaker 1: I can't. I want to come back to this, but my brain is stuck on movies. We have ever been to the movie theater? No.
Speaker 2: I think it's because well, five kids between the two of us, and like weekends are just we're tired. If we want to watch a movie, we rent it or watch a show or something and lay on the couch instead of going to the movies. Or there's like sports, And.
Speaker 1: Are you going to have to go to the movies before you get married? You can't marry somebody you've never been to the movie theater. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean we're not getting married yet, but yes, but that has to be Okay, I need to make like a check to make sure you're not going to jump the gun and not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So back to the trip you met his friends. I did see that you spilt something on his friends. Yes, would you like to see so?
Speaker 2: And that I only had the video part of it because that was a live photo. So like when you play the live and it loops. You see the drink flying out of my hands.
Speaker 1: I watched it like ten times. How did it? I thought it?
Speaker 2: I've decided to either cross my leg or uncross my leg. I can't tell. You have to look at it again. But and then my drink just flew out of my hand.
Speaker 1: Looks like you like threw.
Speaker 2: I know, it like just flew like. I couldn't even explain it. And yes, there's a husband and wife sitting in front of us that Alex has known since college. We were using their tickets. We were sitting with them. I had just met her and the husband. But the drink only spilled on the wife just hours before first time meeting, and my drink went all over her denim dress and.
Speaker 1: It was like a Darner liquid.
Speaker 2: It wasn't no okay, No, it was a high noon.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought it was like a coke. Okay, it's a little better.
Speaker 2: But she had dark dinnum. So I think we would have been fine. But I was mortified.
Speaker 1: Was it cold? Like the weather wasn't as cold.
Speaker 2: As I thought it was going to be. So no, I think we were fine. Okay, maybe she found it frushing She's like sticky, like what they Everybody was like what just happened? I was like, I don't know, and I am so sorry. And then I was like, no more high noons for me. But even though it wasn't drink really like alcohol, like I hadn't had too much. Yeah, she was kind okay, no, s ib okay, totally kind. And your girlfriend's so funny, like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a good story because what if you guys become my good friends now and that's like a story of how you met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think we just will be because that's some of the people he's closest to. So I really enjoyed spending time with them. And you know, I was testing her and she passed. She don't know.
Speaker 1: Wait. Also you post about that.
Speaker 2: Wall, Oh the whisper wall. Oh the whisper wall. Yeah, that's a UVA. I guess they that's a thing. It's not just a uva.
Speaker 1: They have them other places build that.
Speaker 2: Curved marble wall that you can google it. But because of the way it's designed, the echo travels through the marble and you can hear it on the other side. That blew my mind.
Speaker 1: It was in my mind and I couldn't give him.
Speaker 2: And then Alex is telling me about all these secret societies at UVA, and I did. I thought he was messing with me. And then I google that after I google whisper Wall, and sure enough, there are these secret societies. One in particular I found really intriguing called the Sevens and the seven Society. There's only seven members and nobody knows who they are. You find out when they die. So like Alex could be a seven, he's not.
Speaker 1: You know, because you don't know that.
Speaker 2: I was reading through some of the way it would play out. I don't think he's a seven. But you can't at their funeral. A black thing a thing. I don't know how to say this because I don't know if they spray paint them black, because they're not black Magnolia's, you know. But maybe they paint Magnolia's black and they're in the shape of a seven, and it's at the grape site.
Speaker 1: Some nobody says anything about it. They just well know.
Speaker 2: That's when people there, that's when family learns, oh my gosh, uncle Bob was a seven.
Speaker 1: So then nobody can become a new member until somebody dies.
Speaker 2: I guess, so because there's only seven at a time, and they make these crazy donations to the university that are like seven hundred and seventy seven thousand dollars and seventy seven cents.
Speaker 1: So you have to be really wealthy to be a seven. Probably, I don't know that I would want to be in a secret society with only seven people. Theold I don't know, we'll never know.
Speaker 2: I don't know their age. Someone DMed me a listener actually DMed me after I posted about the seven and she was like, yeah, I went to a funeral once where someone was a seven and we found out at the funeral. But like, no sevens can show up and be like, oh, they were a seven, because then they would be outing themselves. So the flower just shows up, that's a seven.
Speaker 1: But who brings the flower?
Speaker 2: You probably order it from a flower shop anonymously, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you want to communicate with the sevens, you like drop off a piece of paper or some statue on campus.
Speaker 1: We need to communicate them with.
Speaker 2: What societies at a lot of campuses, not mine, which at UVA they don't call it a campus, to call it the grounds. So on the grounds this is very prestigious Thomas Jefferson found in it. Edgar Allan Poe went there. I saw his bedroom. They have it preserved. Yeah, he had a lot of raven decor in his room. They put it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was cute. I was like, was this this bead? I like it? Wait, so the sevens are part of the school, like the students.
Speaker 2: Sir Society that is at UVA. There might be sevens at other universities.
Speaker 1: But oh, and there's seven at each university.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that university has a seven, they may have the eights. Okay, because the imps and the z's.
Speaker 1: This is what's getting the way is. I thought this would be like students who are in the Secret Society.
Speaker 2: They might be I don't know if they're a lumber, but I.
Speaker 1: Could be like one young student yep, and then like six old guys. Okay, and it's only for women. No, okay, there could be women.
Speaker 2: I like the sevens okay, and the IMP's like I was reading about them, and they like dress up with and put horns on. The MP's freaked me out quite honestly when I was reading about them. But then it made me think about Illuminati and other secret societies that are out there, just worldwide, like not exclusive to a campus, yeah, or university, and just these traditions that have been around like hundreds of years of these people meeting with capes and horns and being.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, it feels very coltish, but apparently they do good.
Speaker 2: At least the sevens. They have lots of that's what they want you to donations, but they probably have a lot of money and connection.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you can say no, I don't know, or if it's like we're going to kill you if you don't accept this, Oh, that would be bad. Well, I don't know. Some secret societies I think are bad, like colts are bad. Yeah, well, I guess I shouldn't say as I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Nobody's ever asked me to be in a secret society.
Speaker 1: So well, if you couldn't, that's yet. Well no, no, yeah, you could be bluffing if you were asked to be in secret society you couldn't tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just come on here and act like I'm just now learning you're in profit at seven? Yeah, maybe a seventh. Look what I learned about seven from Texas A and M yeah, yeah, I don't even know if we had secret societies there.
Speaker 1: Well maybe what were you going to say about cheating?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Well, so this was my feeling, my feeling of the day, sort of like conflicted. So I've taken a trip with my boyfriend's family before, but my kids were there as well, So this is the first time we're all on a trip and having fun and doing something and my kids are with their dad, so they're not with me, and we all took a pic and it's like me, Alex and the kids and it's like, oh hey, and it felt weird, like whenever I was posting the pic later, I felt like I was cheating all my kids, which I had not had that feeling before. So this is new because we've hung out in town, of course, but something about being out of town on a trip doing something and I don't know if other people that are dating and you've got kids or they've got kids, and then this whole blending of families that was just a new feeling that I hadn't had before, where I felt weird even posting a.
Speaker 1: Family pic without part of your family.
Speaker 2: Yes, like something in me felt like I needed to explain, like I still love my kids, but they're just not here. So I didn't end up explaining anything because I know how I feel. But also I thought, if my kids see this, I don't want them to think, oh, look at mom with them, you know, And I missed them and I wanted them to be there. So it felt like this weird and the best way for me to describe it. And that's why I mentioned that word cheating to you and then you were like, wait about what, and you're like, save it for the podcast. So I felt like I was cheating on my kids.
Speaker 1: That sounds hard.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to be dramatic about it. I'm not as torn up about it as maybe it seems, but I am conflicted.
Speaker 1: Well, it just feels like something is missing.
Speaker 2: Or they were missing. I wanted been there. Yeah, But the thing is they're not always going to be there. The reality is I only have them fifty percent of the time, and the reality is everybody is getting older and they have their own stuff going on. So even if I did have them, they may not be at a certain event that the rest of us are at and they may just not be there. And the more we do that, the more we'll get used to it. I'm sure it'll be fine. This just happened to be the first time, and that was the feeling that I had, and I had to really pay attention to it. And then I had to pay attention of like why I felt this desire to explain it? Who was that four? And then I realized, like, oh, I don't need to explain anything. And also, if my kids ask anything, I'll say the same thing to them, like this is another part of my life. But we're all we're all in this together.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, even if you had them on hundred percent of the time, maybe they didn't want to go to that kind of thing exactly. They're like, go, I don't care about UVA and the imps.
Speaker 2: And they would choose to stay back and go with friends, Yeah, somewhere.
Speaker 1: Else when you get older, like, yeah, you'd rather do stuff with your friends and go to like a raning depending Yeah, but there's plenty of times around like mom, can I do fall break with so and so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It ended up like, worked through it, feel fine, but that until we have more experiences with it, I'll likely feel just a little conflicted when I've.
Speaker 1: Got it going on.
Speaker 2: But speaking of the social posts, I also feel happy because I know social media is not everything, but for kids, snapchat is a really big thing. And my boyfriend's daughter who's seventeen, and their mom passed away several years ago from cancer, so she was the oldest and closest to her mom. I mean they were all close to her, but you know, she was the oldest, so her relationship and her age when it happened is a little different than like the youngest per se, so it's been more of a challenge. And she posted me on her Snapchat.
Speaker 1: I saw she posted to you on her Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, but I feel like snapchat, Oh I got snapped?
Speaker 1: How did you know? Did she say?
Speaker 2: Like somebody told me? Another person that saw it told me.
Speaker 1: Later, were they like amy you guys?
Speaker 2: I was like, I made the snapchat.
Speaker 1: It snapchat is like a story, right, Okay?
Speaker 2: So I got snapped and I felt like that was a bit that's a big deal, like it's just information, and it made me smile inside. I even texted Alex about it and he was like, does that make you happy? And I was like.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: So I tried to like spend time and savor that and soak it up and be like, oh wow, because this time a year ago, I was terrified of how it was going to how our relationship would unfold. So that was cool.
Speaker 1: So you had a big weekend. You learned a lot, you experienced a lot, and I feel like you grew Like that trip was like a big growth point for your relationship in general. Okay, and you had fun. Also. I read your story where you said like whoh hoo, woho uh, But.
Speaker 2: I don't know Hudson his daughter types that for me.
Speaker 1: I thought you were just typing like woo hoo oh.
Speaker 2: That's what they say at Uba.
Speaker 1: All these people commenting on your posts that, and I was like, that must be like their battle cry or something. But I thought you were just being like silly and fun and like typing like a fun way to say woo who did you learn any cheers?
Speaker 2: We sang the song whenever they would cheer, like they sway back and forth. We do that at Texas A and M. Do you do that? Is that like every college thing?
Speaker 1: Well? I went to one, maybe two football games my whole college career, so I don't know what they do there. Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, at A and M we crossed legs and grab arms and like sway back and forth and sing our song. And at UVA they kind of do the same thing, different song, two different songs. Yeah, but so I would sway back and forth. My thing was I want to go all in, so I had never been before. I don't really care much about football. I went to A and M. I'm what they call a two percenter. I mean, I love the Aggis and I love an M, but I care about two percent because a lot of Aggi's are very, very, very hardcore.
Speaker 1: They still wear their rings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would wear my ring, but it got stolen.
Speaker 1: Oh right, sorry, Yeah, I loved.
Speaker 2: My Aggie ring. I'm still I haven't hard replaced it because I did work really hard to get that ring, and I haven't replaced it because I still have hope that one day somebody's going to call me and be like, are you a dot E dot? Like my initials class of three, And I'm gonna be like, that's me because my initials are engraved on the inside.
Speaker 1: I always have hope.
Speaker 2: I have hope. So I decided to go all in, Like I'm going to just embrace everything. We tailgated, we went to the game. I tried to pay attention. I cheered, and I think that I had a really good experience because I went all in.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's why you had the good experience.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, I'm like, I'm an act, like I really care about the school and I go here and I did, and it was so fun because like, I don't really care when they had the ball, Like I don't care. I'm not like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: We have the ball, We're gonna win, So what do you do?
Speaker 2: I would celebrate when they celebrated. I would do all the things like I was just really Yes, I would get excited because they would get pumped.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've talked about this, Like I think we talked about this as annoying as sometimes it is, how much Patrick loves football. It is cute to see somebody so excite with when he's watching like a ut game. It is endearing to watch them be so excited about something. So did you have a little bit of that with Alex?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have some cute pictures of him and videos that I didn't you here, like freaking out and cheering because they it was a close game. And I thought we were going to lose.
Speaker 1: I thought they did lose.
Speaker 2: They were about too and then we won because of a safety, which is to only two points. They played Washington State University.
Speaker 1: You know it all? Okay, so you learned a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Beauty lost Tennessee. Yeah, yes, sorry, yeah there's two you're t Austin or Texas. And then yeah, well anyway, this was just a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: So you like cool. Hey, Sports Up Day Day. We love sports Sports podcast, and we know you know what we can help you do is we can help you have a good time at a sporting event when you don't care about the sport.
Speaker 2: Yes, just get your hat off it. Like I was. I went to the bookstore.
Speaker 1: Because you threw out your original outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't end up wearing the shirt that I was gonna wear. And I got a uva hat and I got an orange and blue and white scarf, and I tied around my clear bag, you know, to like a little to accessorize it a little bit. And then I got a Virginia sweatshirt and tied it around my shoulders.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, speaking of I was watching some tiktoks and you always do look really cute when you have a Sometimes you do the little sweater thing. So I saw some girl post that if you do two of three of these things, you will look expensive. I don't buy it. It's hair, makeup, outfit. Well, I have my hair and makeup done. I have a makeup half done. I don't think I look expensive. So what do you mean by look expensive? Like chic? Yeah? It was like her like, look like you or she was like if this is how you, this is the what you do, look rich if you do. But I'm like, that's just getting right.
Speaker 2: I guess I've just never heard someone described like I look expensive, well except for cry okay, but like, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: I think is that I like the clean girl aesthetic girl clean girl aesthetic like looks like old money.
Speaker 2: I don't know this. Oh my gosh, okay, I don't know this this part of TikTok.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get back to the sweater.
Speaker 2: Wait. Clean girl is a thing.
Speaker 1: Clean girl asthetic is like slick back but minimal, like dewey skin, like like makeup, no makeup makeup.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh I love a good no maup and like a makeup makeup.
Speaker 1: For an Oxford, like very clean clothes.
Speaker 2: Oh like clean aesthetic, like ironed, steamed.
Speaker 1: Do you have a steamer the opposite of what we're wearing. Okay, but clean girl sthetic is supposed to look expensive.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: People were listening, probably like you're getting it wrong.
Speaker 2: I used drag chamber this morning. I'm dirty girl, wash my hair.
Speaker 1: Since I got to blow out dirty girls. We're dirty girl, Okay. Okay, So if we want to look like rich, it doesn't work. Chic polished is a better term, because I'm like, I don't like saying like I want to either.
Speaker 2: That's why I was like, what how does what's our real value?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're all expensive in our own way. So I was looking at that because I was watching these reels because or tiktoks, because I was like, I don't buy this. I need somebody to explain this to me because this this equation doesn't work well. Then, because I was just watching videos about numbers, this other video came up and it was the Ralph Lauren rule of three. Do you say Ralph Lauren or Ralph Lauren both?
Speaker 2: I'd say Ralph Lauren mostly, but I feel like on friends that they say that was this an episode of Friends where they're like, Ralph, Lauren.
Speaker 1: You know that I've never seen Friends.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well, I don't even know if it's really a Friend's episode just popped into my head.
Speaker 1: Speaking of I'll get back to the story. Do you say kobosh or kai bosh?
Speaker 2: I don't say that word? Where what is that?
Speaker 1: Like they put the kobosh on it?
Speaker 2: I don't say that.
Speaker 1: I don't you ever heard somebody say it. You're acting like you're better than this word.
Speaker 2: I mean, I say like a kabob, like that you stick meat on a stick.
Speaker 1: Nobody's ever said kobosh.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well to all the listeners out there, I want to know people say kai bosh or kobosh because I've always said kabash and Patrick says kai bosh and it sounds weird. Okay, back to my story rule of threes. I actually really like this role because I struggle, you know how I struggle getting dressed these days, making something look like an outfit and not like I just like put on a shirt and pants, Like I'm always like, how come this person looks like they're wearing an outfit? And when I put it on I just kind of look.
Speaker 2: So it's like that's like the difference between wearing and styling.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so, she said when she worked at Raf Lauren, they had to always wear three pieces. So if you wore pants, shirt, sweater, or if you wear a dress, you'd do like belt sweater or like belt scarf around your neck or something like that, and it helps your look look more polished. Polish is a great word, Shannon. And she had on like a Oxford shirt, just regular, regular jeans and a regular I don't know why I've been saying that a lot regular degular.
Speaker 2: It's just fun fun, I mean fun done.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, this just made me think of you with the sweater because she just had She just put this little sweater over her and it took it looked crazy. She looked like took her from zero to hero. Yes, rich.
Speaker 2: Took her from cheap too extensive. Yes, it really did.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I can pull off the sweater around my shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yes you could.
Speaker 1: You're saying that you've never seen it, Yeah, but it is. Yeah, maybe I can do it now. Oh my gosh. Okay, try to remind me next time we record. I'll see if I can whip something up. Yeah, okay, so rule of threes. Try it and see if it helps. Okay.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the thing about the order in which you get.
Speaker 1: Ready, Like when you do your like, do you do make up?
Speaker 2: Outfit? Hair outfit, makeup, hair, hair makeup outfit makeup, hair outfit outfit, hair makeup or hair outfit makeup?
Speaker 1: Okay? What am I getting ready for?
Speaker 2: It depends? It depends. I guess it depends what you're getting ready for.
Speaker 1: Because if I'm getting ready for a big event, I need to know my outfit before I figure out what I'm doing with my hair and what my makeup is gonna look like. But every day I do skincare, hair out makeup. Skincare is make makeup, makeup. There's only three options makeup outkay, hair, Sorry sorry sorry? Makeup? Say no, what do you do? I really think it depends. I'm not even kidding. I think it's either hair, it's how I'm feeling. And then my outfits always last. If it's just a regular, regular day, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say my outfit this lasts mostly too.
Speaker 1: Do you think people get dressed first.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I mean maybe if they pick out their outfit. They already know that it's good. But I need my hair my makeup to be done because then my outfit will look better. Yeah, for sure, And then I need my hair. I can do less with my hair if my makeup is already done, and I kind of see what we're working with. I may mess with my hair longer if my makeup isn't done, because I'll be trying to like that is a good point make myself look better.
Speaker 1: But now you know rule of three, you want to do two?
Speaker 2: Do you need clothes and hair? And well, I guess you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Have They're saying, like you could have, Like like I'm wearing sweatpants, so I don't have outfit. Okay, for no, I consider this is a great outfit. But I have makeup and hair.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you're wearing clothes, so I'm polished, but.
Speaker 2: Polished, Okay, I gotcha. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in it, but I'm going to adopt that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try you when I get ready for work tomorrow, I'm gonna try the the rule of three. I need to make sure I have like a blazer or sweater or a belt or scarf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yes, send me your what third accessory? No, it can't be an accessory. It's like an item.
Speaker 2: Okay, which Clark accessory? Do you say accessory or accessory? Speaking of how to.
Speaker 1: Say things, I don't think anybody says assessor.
Speaker 2: They do. I hear them.
Speaker 1: I hear them.
Speaker 2: Cat you say it accessories, accessories, accessory.
Speaker 1: Nobody says yes.
Speaker 2: I swear now that I'm telling you, you're going to hear people say accessory. No poem. I've got the only one that says poem.
Speaker 1: Poem.
Speaker 2: Matthew McConaughey does it, and so does Kelly Clarkson. We've confirmed this because they posted about it. It's a Texas thing.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You're hating on my heritage, origin, origin, Okay, state of birth, my birthplace.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Yeah, I take it back. Accessory No, I.
Speaker 2: Don't say, I say accessory. I don't know what part you know, how fine, if we want to assign poem to like some Texans, there is a part of the country that says accessory.
Speaker 1: I don't know where or why.
Speaker 2: But now that I've told you, sort of like this blue car and then you start seeing blue car. Now you're gonna hear accessory.
Speaker 1: Start laughing, you're gonna hear what So I say accessory, And I do think scarf is an accessory. However, for this it's not because it can't be. You add jewelry, that's not one of the threes, right, Okay, I mean unless you do like some crazy neck thing like necklace that's like big.
Speaker 2: Like a statement piece.
Speaker 1: Can't be like one of these little necklaces.
Speaker 2: Nothing dainty, Yes, to be like in your face kind a necklace. What about a hat?
Speaker 1: That would be an item? That's an item. I feel like.
Speaker 2: Now I'm just saying it that way.
Speaker 1: But I think for that, I think it just is not not jewelry. And shoes don't count because you're obviously you're gonna wear shoes. I only watched one video. I could be doing it wrong. We should ask something that worked out, Ralph Lauren, Yeah, there's the rules.
Speaker 2: We'll look it up. This makes me think of you know, we were talking about your hair, Like some stylist out of Paris or something or somewhere has this measurement rule for if you're supposed to have short hair or long hair. And I watched so many different videos on it, and I could never really decipher where the exact measurement in the ear was coming from, Like are you measuring it from like the hole where the middle of the ear or the bottom of the ear lobe, And depending on if you do that, you could be off by an inch. And then I get confused, Am I supposed to chop my hair or not?
Speaker 1: Wait, she's saying, depending on where your ear is. He he's saying, is sexist of you? Okay, I'm so sorry doing on where your ear is? Yeah, you should have short.
Speaker 2: Line depending on Now I don't know the measurements, but it's like if you take the ear to your neck, like there's a there's a measurement somewhere between here and here that if it's a certain amount, then you should have a bob or you should have long hair. And then if you're right on it, then lucky you, you get to wear a bob or long and you'll look good. But then they showed all these examples of people that have it, and yes, the bob does look better on them because it's like the length that they're Yes, And I couldn't even on when I went to his page, which I don't even know what hairstylist this is, but he must be world renowned. I couldn't figure out exactly where he started measuring because then I started seeing conflicting videos and people were doing it wrong. And then I'm like, I needed to be accurate, Like who can just give me the one accurate video? Because I googled and I started reading different measurements, and that's how I feel. Maybe now about the three Ralph Lauren, like, is there going to be conflicting reports on what's an accessory and what's not? And we need to know the.
Speaker 1: Real rule to breathe? You took a breath.
Speaker 2: I just you need for people you're getting hot. Because here's the deal. I rely heavily on advice from other people, and when it's not exactly and I can't figure it out, I get overwhelmed and I'm like, well, now I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I'm gonna give you something that's gonna be really helpful. I think, don't cut your hair into a bob. You don't do it because because because because.
Speaker 2: But what if I measure it and it tells me I.
Speaker 1: Have every time you cut your hair, you then are like, why I cut my hair. I want my long hair back, which you've had short hair like that. I think you look great with it, but you get tired of it really quickly. So that brings me to my next point. We talked about this in our newsletter, but you have not talked about them. Your newest purchase from Amazon that goes on your head?
Speaker 2: Oh my bangs, my hot clip and bangs? Are they on my counter? Maybe we should have Shane and go grab them because they might be on my Are they on the counter? They're in my dresser at my room. Should I Cat's gonna go get We're gonna go get the bangs.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen these. Have you put them in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And what drove you to get these?
Speaker 2: Kidman?
Speaker 1: Did she tell you to get them?
Speaker 2: I've been thinking about bangs for a while because it's sort of one of those things, just like getting a bob like you just they're in a pink box. When you don't have it, you want it, yeah, and when you have it.
Speaker 1: You don't want it. It's like all the girls growing up wanted curly hair, and then all girls with curly hair wanted straight.
Speaker 2: Hair, and then with bangs and I got a perm It's dangerous because you cut them and then you have to wait for them to grow out or.
Speaker 1: You why don't you start with like a curtain bang?
Speaker 2: These had good reviews and how did it happens?
Speaker 1: They don't. It's not the same color as your hair? That why why?
Speaker 2: Because it's not I tried to order it, like exactly, but I don't really know how to get them in.
Speaker 1: Can I help you?
Speaker 2: Because Nicole Gindman got bangs and she looks so cute. Okay, okay, what I get the mirror, Yes, let me see the mirror. Okay, so they need to be brushed a little bit. But like you you you put your hair. Look see how it's giving like wait but like okay, look okay, hold on, and then you take my hair, you know, and tuck this. They're just I don't can't get on my look, but it gives you the agence. It's like the general idea of what they would look like.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you actually would be cute with bangs, but like those aren't the ones I know.
Speaker 2: But this do you see how just giving you the general idea.
Speaker 1: You look like.
Speaker 2: I feel like it matches my hair, hair color.
Speaker 1: You look like you're from the the eighties. Yeah, you look like you're from Saved by the Bell, like Kelly.
Speaker 2: If I take them back a little bit, look, how's that? Yes, well, I mean probably not this much of it. But yeah, I don't think i'll wear them in public, but it's help filling that need to figure it out. Like I don't have to cut my bangs to see.
Speaker 1: So that's what you bought them for, not to wear them, but to just like scratch.
Speaker 2: The I thought if I could figure out how to apply them or put them on, what's the word applicate them?
Speaker 1: Is what I thought.
Speaker 2: If I could install the hair piece correctly, I would maybe wear them.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is not hair, yes his hair, yes it is.
Speaker 2: It is human hair. Okay, and they have a lot of reviews on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe we just need to style it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like but see this is like you know how there's no makeup, makeup? This is what? No style? Style? You're just like this.
Speaker 1: Is like like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I woke up like this casual are the.
Speaker 1: Like kind of a granny right now?
Speaker 2: Granny?
Speaker 1: See I think I feel like, oh my gosh, you just like reminded me of a grandma. From the eighties. Okay, so you look like you're about to go bake a pie or something.
Speaker 2: It's not giving you a little bit of what my hair would look like with bangs. You can't take me seriously right now, I feel like you look really pretty. You don't have to tell me that part. But just think if you're thinking about chopping your banks and then you get to put these in, you spare yourself.
Speaker 1: Because you're not going to do it right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can either decide okay, yes, I feel like I could pull this off and I should cut my banks, or you can be like, this looks terrible on me.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Anytime I get the urge to have bangs, I just put in my hair system and then I'll be like, oh, I don't need to cut my banks anymore, okay, and then I remove it and it's simple, and then you're.
Speaker 1: Back to normal, and then you look so different. I think you could do curtain banks, so if you did want banks, because those if you don't want them, that they're easier to like style into your hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So okay, if anybody wants to scratch that itch. Yeah. Links in the newsletter set up for our newsletter.
Speaker 2: And also our favorite socks and my favorite Q tips ever that have changed my life. I didn't know those existed. This is the riveting stuff that you're going to get in our newsletters, which Kat and I were laughing about our content and what we linked, and we were like, well this is us. If people think this is lame, well then we're lame. Like it is what it is.
Speaker 1: We like socks and Q tips. Also, I thought you put those Q tips in your ear?
Speaker 2: Well you can, I guess if you want. But that point day tip is like I just feel like it's good for like makeup and removing, Like if you're doing your nails, like that pointy tip you could dip in nail remover and like clean up like good for like inner eye and nose. But the point in the ear might hurt.
Speaker 1: Good. But so if you want that, sign up for a newsletter. You never know it's gonna be the next one.
Speaker 2: That's right, Well, I guess before we go, then we also need to remind people again about the merch in case they forgot, because a lot's happened.
Speaker 1: You've gotten bangs, got rid of your bangs. November seventh, that's the day.
Speaker 2: It's a Friday, mark your calendars. And I think I'm most excited about the sweat set because I'm just like living for sweats this time of year. That we dropped a hat hint in the episode, So.
Speaker 1: We did it, did Okay, so guess what the hat's going to say. We'll give you a shout out. Yeah, I guess right.
Speaker 2: Someone will probably guess because we've also kind of posted about it before. But that's another too many hands, too many hands, okay, okay, all right, well, we hope you have the day you need to have.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,