Speaker 1: What they talking about, they talk about them? What they talk about they talk about.
Speaker 2: Asking me what I like on my hot dog?
Speaker 1: Oh god, Jack, what do you like on your hot dog?
Speaker 2: Mustard?
Speaker 3: What they talk about they talk about them? What they talk about they talk about nothing? What they talk they talk they talk about? No, what they talk about someone?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, that's that's my a bit. That's my favorite part of the whole album. Hey bo bot bam type of ship among you wouldn't understand that ship rules. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trand edition of dirt Ally's I guess most catch up? Uh shit, my name is Jack, that is my Yeah, I'm not on TikTok so I didn't know that I was stealing a mustard, Joe.
Speaker 4: No, that's anybody heard the album? Make it a video. What if I'm the guy screaming.
Speaker 2: Mustard hey hey, hey, hey, hey hey, that's my ship. That's the thing that just really stuck with me.
Speaker 1: The beauty of his ship, though it's like it's just the weirdest ship. It's not sometimes it's not even a bar. It's like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I love the way to say hey hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, man, I mean like I was broken for a year off of Top of the Morning, Top of the Morning, Top of the Morning, Top of the Top, Top of the Morning, Top of the Morning. It is Jack, and that is Miles. And it is the week of Thanksgiving where and we are giving thanks for a Kendrick album. And yeah, a big weekend for Broadway fans. Wicked, Yeah, Wicked did wickedly well at the box office. Baff o bo Miles. Yeah. Also big news in the uh and the jay Leno story, the Jay Leno mystery face mystery really bigs. No, I wouldn't say we have a break in the case. The Internet thought they had a break in the case, but for me, the mystery only deepens. Uh. We'll get to all that ship in a moment. First, we like to let you get to know us a little bit better by telling you some stuff we think it is underrated, some stuff we think is overrated. Miles. What is something that you, sir, I think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated? A decent mal santa. I don't mean like one that's like, you know, like a moral human being, but someone who who fucking embodies the.
Speaker 2: I don't care if they have a fucking gambling problem. They don't have to be decent as well. Man.
Speaker 1: I honestly you probably My thing is, I think to be a good Santa you have to be a broken man.
Speaker 2: You gotta got demons. Man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because the way you like atone is to go be a Malsanta and be like, you know what, when I put this fucking pillow suit on, I make the kids smile and that'll that'll make up for the fact that I'm upside down on three cyber truck loans. Okay, did some bed shit in my dad? Yeah, neck tattoos, don't ask, but yeah. I was at the mallard child and dude, this Malsanta. We didn't we didn't go to see the mall Santa. We were just walking through to We were like with some family, we're gonna go to the bowling alley. And we walked by the Santa. This dude was like in between kids, so he was just kind of sitting like on pause, basically like in his Santa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we just.
Speaker 1: Casually just walked by and I was like, oh, look there's Santa. This dude locked onto the baby and just was like waving, smiling, making the baby laugh. This fool is very shy with strangers, and the way he immediately was like waving.
Speaker 2: Act and I'm like, yeah, Sanday's.
Speaker 1: Wave, I almost this motherfucker almost made me cry with the fucking he had such a twinkle in his goddamn I.
Speaker 4: I could not believe it.
Speaker 1: And then her majesty waves like thank you Santa, like it felt like a movie.
Speaker 2: We're like, I know, what's you and.
Speaker 1: Sander like was like waved back and like winked, and I, I don't know, like melted all my cynicism for.
Speaker 4: About make a little it did it, It did it. It didn't know.
Speaker 1: That's how I don't that it was real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna send a little speaker just replaced your memory of the weekend with a Hallmark movie again. But yeah, it sounds like this time it's real.
Speaker 1: And I had long blonde, wavy hair and watchboard.
Speaker 4: I remember it.
Speaker 2: It's just that you wear every time he leaves the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's just like wild to actually, because I'm so cynical on Santa and ship, but like this motherfucker, shout out to you, bro, you fucking killed it. You fucking killed it, standing ovation for you.
Speaker 2: I love the give a man, a grown man with children being cynical on Santa. Yeah, just like I don't believe that shit at all.
Speaker 1: It felt like, yeah, dude, it feels like a fucking holiday movie where it's like my whole life. I was never one of these Santa kids until forty years. Forty years old, I saw some dude at the mall completely flip my ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your mom and dad are gonna say, there's real Santa. Next thing, you're gonna see fucking Home Alone and see that there's a guy with a fake beard. It's like a six year old's ripping butts.
Speaker 1: That's me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next thing, you're gonna read Polar Express and say that it's subjective and it's a matter of what I believe.
Speaker 4: Fucked you up?
Speaker 2: The good will.
Speaker 4: Remember when you kid without.
Speaker 2: They talk about the list to your parents, what they talk about they talk about all right, My underrated is letting a twelve year old boy write a movie, which is what I have to assume happened with the film of The Bee Keeper, a movie I watched on the flight to see my parents. I'm in I'm out of state. I'm in Florida and the capital of America. The capital of America. America is a new capital. The bee Keeper, Great plane movie. So the good guy's motivated to kill people because those people are mean to grandparents.
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm sorry, Oh is this that State Them movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Stath and Beeple.
Speaker 4: For a second, I was thinking like Aquila and the b type kids movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like twelve year old. I guess me as a twelve year old when I had like seen die Hard and all I can like, if I tried to write die Hard as a twelve year old, this is what you can't like. They Yeah, they're people who are mean to grandparents. The grandparent is so wild. The movie opens with like him. He's he's a bee keeper for an old woman Felicia Rischad and missus Huck's herself and these people steal her money, they like hack her, and she's just confused because she's like, I'm with computers. And then she just fucking blows her brains out with a gun, like they just find her because like she got cleaned out, which is wild. Anyways, he's motivated to kill people because they're mean to grandparents, Like that's their whole thing is like we gotta fucking drain these olds. The bad guy ends up being not the President but the president spoiled son. Yeah, exactly, he won't use guns on people who are shooting at him. But like it's never established really, I mean I watched this like in and out of sleep, so maybe it is established, but it feels like it's just like because yeah, why like just batman rules like and also he but it's not like he's doing it in a kind like out of kindness. He kills them in like far more brutal and horrifying ways. Singers are cut off, people are like tied to cars that are then just like it is a little bit like the Santa skit in I think you should leave where it's just wanton violence. I also half suspect the producers were like make a B movie like B. Me and the twelve year old only realized what they were talking about halfway through because it like doesn't really make sense that he's a bee keeper.
Speaker 1: Like it's just like his cover story is like a hitman kind of.
Speaker 2: Bee keeper, yes, but like beekeeper is a code name for like the worst best assassins that the CIA has access to. Oh okay, but also he's retired one of those, but then the thing he does in retirement is being a literal bee keeper like then who then puts like B metaphors on everything. They're like worried he's trying to target the main bad guy because something with like queens giving birth to defective offsprings. They think, like the main bad guy is son of the president as established, and they're like, he's gonna go after the president because the queen. It's the queen's fault if there's a defective drone in the like this fucking heavy labored metaphor that I honestly just think they were like, make a B movie. They came back with this draft and he they were like no, but fine, But yeah, it's just it's that genre of movies like with the Equalizer. Have you seen those the Denzel Washington movies, like where a guy walks into a room, Yeah, and like just the room is full of like nine people with machine guns and you know they're all gonna die in like different creative ways.
Speaker 1: Somehow they're all not shooting simultaneously to kill the guy. Yeah, I wait my turn to get my neck broken.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and like there yeah, it's always like he's like hey, drops his gun. He's like, I just I'm about to kill you, but I'm to make it fair.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'll give y'all a head start. Yeah, I'll count down from ten and they're like what and then just start smacking me. Yeah, yeah, okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: It kind of like fucked me out. Whoever wrote the movie has like a jumping through glass windows fetish, which I suppose like all twelve year olds sort of have, but so many people dive through and are thrown through pane glass windows and doors that Like then I was walking through the Miami Airport and there was like a situation where we were stopped at a glass door and I was just like, man, one of these metal dividers and smashed.
Speaker 1: Through that, Like what if I just throw my ass through this thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like truly, like yeah then you were just dust off some candy glass off your shoulder. And yeah. But I highly recommend The Beekeeper as a as a plane movie and also just not overthinking your plane, your plane, your kids like it. Yeah, they were big fans, so use that guy's job owned to kill the other guy. That was crazy.
Speaker 1: To be so scary.
Speaker 2: What's some of the things overrated? Mind y.
Speaker 1: Okay, So modern modern nursery rhymes, I gotta say, because like the new bangers from people like Miss Rachel and Miss Houston he the black Miss Rachel are they're just like easy melodies that are tolerable by parents where you're like, oh, yeah, it's like a fun thing. But I just heard like an ancient white people nursery.
Speaker 2: Rhyme that I had never heard before, and it.
Speaker 1: Child cultural exchange moment. Okay, have you do you know the one she saw knock at the door?
Speaker 2: No, so not all of us are ancient.
Speaker 1: Do ancient ancient white people's nursery rhymes? Apparently this is popular, So this is how I The version that they do it is see saw knock at the door?
Speaker 4: Who's their grandpa? What do you want a bottle of wine?
Speaker 2: Hey, get out of here? You're drunk?
Speaker 4: And that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it. Really, that's the fucking nursery rhyme.
Speaker 1: But you just kind of play with a baby, like holding their arms and kind of like mimicking seesaw motions or like like you're doing like a two man saw. And I was like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 4: What does this even mean?
Speaker 1: S saw knock at the door, who's their grandpa? What do you want a bottle of wine?
Speaker 4: Get out of here, you drunk.
Speaker 2: I get the feeling that this was not passed down to me because I come from a long line of drunks who found it offensive, So why should we look out into it?
Speaker 1: The original is called like seesaw something g seesaw Marjorie daw or whatever. It's from like the seventeenth like eighteenth century in England, Marjorie dah. It goes the originals see saw knock at the door, who's their grandpa?
Speaker 4: What do you want a bottle of the beer? Where's your money in my pocket? Where's your pocket in my pants?
Speaker 1: Where's your pants?
Speaker 4: I left them home? Get out of here?
Speaker 2: What's it's It's gotta reveal that the guy's not wearing ain't pants.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yo, what kind of fucking.
Speaker 1: Song is this?
Speaker 2: Mike twitson video interview reveal.
Speaker 1: Shit I'm saying with Miss Rachel's like red, orange, yellow, green, like that kind of shit. This one is about like some pants, as drunk is hitting up a bunch of kids who are playing on the street and hits them up for beer, and it's your grandpa. But Also, these kids clearly are them boys because they're out here transacting. If the first response to someone be like hey, let me get it, like let me get a thing is where's your money at? I'm like, what is this situation? Like you're the grandkids are like bottle running as children, like running cover, like on the playground, like the wire, like they ain't playing catch with that tennis ball, Like what is what is this? So it just blew my mid and I just didn't the stuff like I heard in Japanese like about an elephant and like, oh wow, your nose is so long, mister, and so is my mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was.
Speaker 4: Like Heroin like wake him up, hit him with narcan. I'm like, what is this ship?
Speaker 2: Seesaw? Like I'm assuming that's like he's like waving back and forth like it would.
Speaker 1: Say as they were on a seesaw. That's how the song, that's why Seesaw is in it. But again, this is like evolved in Menu Zigang. Let me know if y'all have versions of this thing too, because apparently like this isn't a this is like a known thing. I just never heard of this ship before, and I thought it was so funny.
Speaker 2: It's just paints such a bleak image of what life was like, where it was just a common thing for old men to show up stat in the house try to be like, it's your grandpa, what do you want? They might believe it or they might not. But also like the way to score booze at the time was to just go and try and pay children to steal booze from their parents. Yeah, but you got no money though, because you got money, you've got no pants. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here it ends with just like either way, it ends with abruptly being like just get just fuck off, man, you're fucking drunk.
Speaker 2: Hey man, the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ shutsa Marjorie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't usually have like some feeling that I'm you know, the Reincarnated song on the New Kendrick album where you're talking about past lives like this one actually resonates with me. Yeah, you know this is like I can I've been there. I've been in this place where you're going door to door trying to trick children into giving you a bottle of a bottle.
Speaker 4: It's grandpa, it's grandpa, kid.
Speaker 2: All right, And it's like believable because nobody's grandparents lived to be little. There's like I've never seen my grandpa. Sure might as well, do you beer? All right? My overrated athletes doing the Trump dance. I heard that Nick Bosa, who is like a famous maga, like the only openly maga guy in the NFL, was doing this in a recent game. But like when you look at the clip, it's like his teammates start doing it and then they're like, come on, do the thing that you always do, and then he starts doing it, but they like encourage him because they're like buddies. And I was hoping that was it, but there's apparently like Christian polistic, yeah did it? After is an American soccer.
Speaker 1: Player him up on the internet. They're calling him Diego Maga Donna.
Speaker 4: An NRA mar.
Speaker 1: For doing that stupid shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah man guy, which I guess, like I feel like it'd be rare for an MMA fighter not to be a Trump supporter. But there just seems to be this moment where, like I don't know, I'm hearing people like even comedians are like who I don't think are like Trump supporters will be like, hey, you gotta admit Trump is funny, which I guess in some ways, like he's funny to laugh at, but then there's like this undercurrent, even like in the mainstream media where it just feels like he's been normalized and they're like, people think Trump's funny and we shouldn't take all this so seriously, which I'd be like, if.
Speaker 1: The guy's dancing to it, I think we should just let's turn our bodies into a red carpet for fascism and.
Speaker 4: Let it roll on in.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, I don't know. I feel like it's gonna look bad. And in the documentaries in twenty to thirty, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course. But these people have no context. And I'm sure even for the teammates of Nick boser Boss or whatever, it's their money kind of keeps them in a different headspace where they're.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, this is kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's my teammate, it's my man, come me, I'm forty. Anyways, those are some things we thinks underrated, overrated. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about the news.
Speaker 4: Who's their grandpa?
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: Anything else on the Kendrick album, You just loving it?
Speaker 1: I just I think I did it.
Speaker 4: Once all the way through the second it came out.
Speaker 1: Then I started spot picking, you know, just track, like going back to tracks I remember, and then tonight I'm gonna listen to it again now that like most people have lyrics up that I can read along and just kind of use my reading and listening comprehension simultaneous. But I really like it. I just like that he's just he's he's wrapped it and he's even like letting you know, He's like, this isn't like mister Morale type stuff.
Speaker 2: It's very poppy. It sounds great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love the GNX of it all too. Like his whole thing is like I think it's in is it in TV off? Yeah, when he starts off saying, I'll ever wanted was a Black Grand National? Fuck being rational given what they ask for, Like the whole thing of like this, the Grand National is such a og like west car, like just a car car, like a hood car.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: And he's not on some Lamborghini Ferrari shit. He's like, let's get back to it, and like you hear a lot of the anecdotes about how he wanted just some like West Coast bouncy kind of stuff and it delivers on that. So I'm yeah, I really like it. And a lot of stuff feels evolutionarily like downstream of Tupac that I really enjoyed.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm I'm liking it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, I do. I do love the weird moments, but I feel like those just stand out the first couple listens through and the rest of it is good. I feel like a Kendrick album, It's always like about this. Listen through, I'm like, Okay, this is actually my favorite song. But yeah, yeah, my favorite song. Yeah, I do think it's a loser shit that he's not after a Lambeau. Get on your grind ship, Kendrick, come on, it should be. But it's ns right, all right. We have an update kind of on the Jay Leno theory. Is it the mob?
Speaker 4: Is it a death wish?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm so confused. So the most important news story in America right now clearly uh the mystery of what happened to Jay Leno's fucked up face. One person on the Pittsburgh subreddit has offered a straightforward explanation that does not involve mafia violence or clandestine Pennsylvanian Illuminati ceremonies. Unfortunately, it also doesn't involve making the thing make more sense, so we're okay. So his theory Inside Edition aired footage of the wrong hill. If you the Inside Edition report that came out the day after, they showed a hill next to the Hampton Inn, is that what it is? That is like, not, it doesn't really look like a hill, it doesn't have a restaurant on the other side of it, and this person basically, I guess you should always be a little wary when someone on Reddit refers to their own journalism and their journalism is just searching something on Google Maps and then circling it in MS paint.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, that's journalism, man, based on what we're seeing now, I did my own journalism too with Google Maps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: It's basically like they got it wrong. There's more information, like there's a fan flicked it up with Leno at a CVS, which is like between these restaurants in the hotel, where he looked like even more fucked up than I've seen him look before. Oh God. Also like the owner of the local restaurant that he supposedly went to, which is a sports bar, was like Jay Leno did not come in here, and then the owner of a restaurant that is not downhill from the hotel was like, no, he came here right after the ass whooping, whatever the ass whooping was. So people are like, all right, So either his story completely falls apart, or the owner of one restaurant is lying and saying Leno was there to like sell more chicken palm, and then the owner of the sports bar is lying to cover up that Leno was actually there.
Speaker 1: So okay, So what we do know is he went to a CVS that was near the sports bar. That's where he bought the eye patch, and that's where he flicked it up with the fan. But then it's it's it's after that that we don't know. It's presumed that he hit the CVS first and then went to dine after.
Speaker 2: Maybe potentially that is theory.
Speaker 1: And we have two places, one who said he wasn't here and the other saying yes, he was here.
Speaker 2: But the one that's saying he wasn't there was that was next to the sports bar that he allegedly didn't go into. And wow, I don't know, like it just also the main thing that is kind of strange to me is that the hill they're pointing to is tiny. It's like much smaller than the one that I had in mind. Yeah, he said it was sixty feet and he hit lots of rocks on the way down, and it's just like a grassy knoll. There have been a lot of grassy old jokes. And also the new picture of him in CVS looks far more fucked up than like what I'd seen before, Like the one where like his half his face is purple. It just looks like he has like weird purple makeup on half his face. But this one is just like he looks like, Yeah, it's like a black guy like pop I would get after being socked by Blue Doo.
Speaker 1: It looks like, yeah, he caught like a line drive off a softball.
Speaker 4: Straight to his eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, straight movie black eye. Yeah, got punched in the face by the Hulk.
Speaker 1: Like, it can't be just black paint on your eye like a dog's eye spot, is it? Like? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, no, that that kind of is what it looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm on back. I'm back on board with the Illuminati. Shit. I think I think there's more going on here than anybody cares to admit.
Speaker 4: Welcome home, Jack, Welcome to Black Eye Club.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean what they Yeah, what they tell they on, what they talk about, they they I can't even say what they talk about. They talk about nothing.
Speaker 1: I had to rely on all my trumpet playing, double tonguing and triple tonguing skills.
Speaker 4: What they talk on, dal about, what they talk about, what they know?
Speaker 1: What they and it starts falling apart, like on you, like fuck fuck funk anyway? Good for Well now, I'm it's that hill though. That's what makes it even harder to believe, is that hill is not He describes a sixty to seventy feet even if you're like from the parking lot to the top straight vertically, that maybe looks like twenty five feet. And I know there's rise versus run if you're talking all geometry, so maybe that thing is a little bit.
Speaker 4: But come on, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just seems it seems. And it's also a grassy hill. And he's like, I hit like five rocks on the way down. It's like each one hitting your left eye.
Speaker 4: Someone go and take a photo right now.
Speaker 2: Put on some hot internet research is not getting it done. Go.
Speaker 1: I think we need to go jack fuck it, I know, but yeah, we'll be like, yo, y'all, let's all meet at the hamp over here and just let's figure this out together.
Speaker 2: Sorry, babe, I know I was supposed to be home for Thanksgiving, but duty calls yeah right in the.
Speaker 1: Editor as all right, Yes, we are picturing Homer falling into the gorge it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Well, No, I'm not picturing that. I feel like that is what jay Leno was just trying when he came up with his excuse his home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, falling into just as easily he goes.
Speaker 1: He takes one step, He's wearing some like weird leather soled shoe, goes whoa, and then his first impact is face smashing into something and then going down.
Speaker 2: I've done this excuse before. Yeah, and it was not truetage on my eye. You know that that is, in fact, not what happened. But that is what I told work.
Speaker 1: So what good is all this surveillance If we can't even get like video of jay Leno.
Speaker 4: Getting tanged up by some mafia people on video? What is the fucking point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like pulled into a white van.
Speaker 1: That's how I would feel safer if you want to push the whole safety issue about serving them, like, well, then let's find the people who attack Jay Leno.
Speaker 2: That's the only way I'll feel safe because yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm a ring camera truther until I see that Jay Leno getting beaten up by the mom and I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Matt Gates. He's this is another one that feels like there's something going on here that beyond what I understand. Uh, maybe not, but he So he went from being the presumed presumptive Attorney General nominee to being on cameo charging five hundred dollars a video in two days. Two days he went from being the nominee it was announced actually no longer the nominee, and now he is selling birthday greetings on the same app as Greg from Darman and Greg, which no shade to Greg. Honest work if you can get it. Let's g Greg from Darmin Greg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was his name? That's what he's called, Oh, Greg from Darman and Greg. Yeah, okay, Coolms. Gibson, little boy Tommy Gibbs to his biodes went to Juilliard. You went to Juilliard to be fucking Greg from Darma and Greg Dude, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Oh man? All right, sorry, sitcom money and the nineties.
Speaker 1: You know, I know that shit was a Yeah, my uncle Will worked as the first director on Dharmagreg, so I should I'm gonna shut the fuck up now.
Speaker 2: Uh. So, his bio does note that his nomination didn't work out and that he once fired the House Speaker. Seems like he's missing a couple details there. Uh dude, that reads like a shitty hinge dating profile. I served in Congress. Trump nominated me to be US Attorney General. Parentheses that didn't work out once I fired the House speaker.
Speaker 1: It sounds like from people I know are on dating apps, like they kind of like you want to come up with this like snappy ship, and you're like suiting Congress could have been ag fired the fucking speaker. Yeah. Yeah. Also, I'm kind of like a fucking bad guy anyway, kind of a bad guy, no.
Speaker 2: Like really bad, Like you should children from him, like literally, yeah, straight up more, I'm a piece of ship. I saw some headline this weekend that was like Matt Gates's bad boy reputation finally catches up to him. I was like, bad boy, leg did he.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: That's that boy.
Speaker 1: That's the only context where you're yeah, yeah, the sex krim. You're alluding to something much larger and more nefarious.
Speaker 2: Cameo encourages people hiring Gates to get creative with your request, which seems like a risky suggestion, but yeah, just in case you're wondering how pathetic the videos are. He congratulated one lawyer on becoming partner, while admitting that his legal career took a bit of a different turn this last week.
Speaker 4: Oh god, hey, Tarah, it's Matt Gates. Your friend Jordan wanted to send yo, what's with his eyes?
Speaker 5: Iss for making partner at your law firm. Everyone's super proud of you. And look, I know your politics and mine. I'm not them. I cannot get past his half open eyes.
Speaker 2: Also there he was about to be like, I know your politics of mine don't exactly line up. So this is like a Democrat like sending this to their friend as like a funny. So this is like the Trump dance. This is like, ah, get it, it's fun It's funny.
Speaker 1: In the end, yeah line specifically, but you know, because you know, like I guess the there's a thing called statutory rape, and for me, I just call it being a player. But player anyway, congrats or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yikes, yikes, yikes, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I guess he got one request to seemingly order predator strikes on his enemies, which is funny mainly because he keeps saying the word predator over and over again. I'm assuming that that just slipped by his internal sensor. Yeah yeah, but yeah, he's following in the proud footsteps of Rudy Giuliani George Santos. But like he doesn't need the money, like he his dad has an estimated fortune of thirty five million dollars. His brother in law co founded what's it called. Isn't like Palmer Lucky. He's the guy who like maybe oh yeah, ocul, yeah, Oculus. Yeah, yeah, he has a bunch of money. So I don't it, Like I really he went to cameo like it was part of a playbook, you know. Yeah, Like it was like I think, so, first thing you're gonna need to do, and then now that you've been fired from the job, you've dreamed of your whole life before you even got a chance to like get interviewed for it. So first step rehab image rehab, go to Cameo and start doing birthday messages where they try and trick you into saying incriminating shit.
Speaker 1: Same predator, predator, predator over, or you just get enough that you can just frank in bite the words around it and be like, Hi, it's Matt Gates. I'm a prolific predator and you should be warned stay away from me because I am a predator. Yeah, I mean it makes sense more in the sense like you're never gonna make the most money on Cameo unless you do it right away. So I get that part unless you're some kind of like you know, cult TV like character showing up there, but also like it's just I for me, it just strikes me as this place where like attention starved narcissists go to like just get that last couple hits a dopamine from being recognized, and you know, it's basically I feel like it's the website version of that pickup truck in Boogie Knights where Dirk Tigler hops in on New Year's even plays a game of Faster, Harder Right just to just to get something happening again.
Speaker 2: But it takes a while for him to fall that far, you know, yeah, yeah, Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I I think that this other thing too, is it probably helps with your relevance too, because now all the talk is like what's he gonna pivot to?
Speaker 4: Like could he take Rubio's senate seat?
Speaker 1: Is he maybe gonna run for Deysantis' like governorship? Who knows? And maybe this is a way to'd be like, hey, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, I'm still Matt Gates. Like let's maybe it's better that this worries are about the cameos than talking about the fashion he's because all these like sex trafficking allegations against him.
Speaker 2: For the Dirk Diggler metaphor, it would be like if the first bad thing that happened in Dirk Diggler's career, he just like sprinted to that car with a bag smile on his face and started jagging off proudly, like right away next day after this first movie like flops, there's still.
Speaker 4: A few steps here.
Speaker 2: I'm down.
Speaker 4: Sorry, this spy says a lot more about me than anything.
Speaker 2: All Right, let's take a quick break and we'll be back to talk about Wicked and We're back, and Wicked did really well at the box office over the weekend. A Gladiator two came in below domestic box office expectations.
Speaker 4: But still Or two did below.
Speaker 2: It did fifty five million domestically, and I think they were saying sixty one, but it was still like a big It was Ridley Scott's biggest opening ever, I think, and globally because it had been released last week, it's already like made its money back. It's like two hundred something million. Cool, although I think production budget was two hundred and fifty million Jesus marketing budget, So I don't know if it's in the clear just.
Speaker 4: Yet, but yeah, yeah, it'll be all right if they it was a good week.
Speaker 2: It was like the best weekend for the box office of the year or you know, with with those two combined, I think it was like ten.
Speaker 1: Years since they had since this kind of money had been made in a Thanksgiving Festive week or some headline era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and this was the best that a movie had ever done. Wicked was the best movie you'd ever done.
Speaker 1: Over the holiday that mall where I saw Santat there's a movie theater there. Yeah, motherfuckers were fucking all they were all trying to get into that movie theater, Like yeah, it definitely felt I remember we were there, like what the fuck's going on? Like, oh, it's Gladiator and Wicked, that's what's happening. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It really goes against a couple trends that we'd been seeing. One is like origin story you know that hasn't traditionally done well, like find out how the Wicked Witch got those flying monkeys, not like not that that was the pitch on the surface. And the other was like openly just being like, yeah, we're a fucking musical, Like yeah, yeah, we can't do anything about that. Come watch our music.
Speaker 4: So we're one of the most beloved musicals, so like.
Speaker 2: Just cultural. Yeah, like even if you haven't even if you aren't up on Wicked, you've like heard people raving about Wicked, you're like curious about and like it's a pretty straightforward premise of like what if the Wicked Witch was the main care? So I get why I did well. I think my favorite thing that I saw this weekend was also related to Wicked, and that was the interview. I think it must have It must have happened a couple of weeks ago, but it was any Line with the release of Wicked, and it was Cynthia Rivo and Ariana Grande doing an interview without magazine, where the interviewer was like, people are holding space for what the gravity? What's the thing? Define gravity? And the reaction we should just play the audio. It's if you haven't seen it, it's.
Speaker 1: For you to check out.
Speaker 3: I've seen this week people are taking the lyrics of defining gravity and really holding space with that and feeling.
Speaker 1: Power in that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that that was happening.
Speaker 3: I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really helpful.
Speaker 2: That's why I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't yeh finger grab. She's doing a little flute solo on her index.
Speaker 2: How widespread.
Speaker 1: But you know, I am in queer media, so.
Speaker 2: That's my what what are people? I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I get that the whole hadence of this conversation is like very odd too, and it feels like, oh yeah, it's very whispery.
Speaker 2: The shock by her being like, wow, I can't believe they're holding space, but it's like such a vague term I feel like is part of the fun. Ariana Grande wordlessly being there and basically reacting how I would act if someone sitting next to me was just informed that their dad blew up in like a turkey friar accident. She just like holds her hand like you would just grab my finger for you, but she grabs grab your index finger, but.
Speaker 4: Then starts doing like a little little tike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like an ASMR aspect to it. I think the vague nature of the phrase people are holding space for and the fact that the response is that is exactly what I was hoping for. The interviewer then pulling the rug out and being like, I've seen a couple posts saying that, which is just such an honest thing to say to a celebrity after blowing them away with a compliment, being like the two posts I've seen.
Speaker 4: All right, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I got to expand on that, like I think I saw it somewhere, I mana dreamed it up.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: It does make a little bit more sense when you know that it was the interview happened two days after the election, and so she was saying, like, you know, this week, as everyone is going through hell, I've seen multiple queer people say they're identifying with getting strength from the message of that song at an extremely trying time, and then it like makes a little more sense. I still do stand by as a great piece of media.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking of that piccolo solo, that finger index finger. Yeah, I can hear the piccolo and stars and stripes forever. Yeah, at the very end of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other like version of this headline I've seen is like glicked fails to reach Barbenheimer Heights. She's just like that ship was going to happen. I don't no cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you, Hollywood, you just made a bunch of fucking money off of your movies that is recycled IP so great.
Speaker 2: Aren't you happy? Can't you ever be happy?
Speaker 4: But they're like, oh, but it wasn't like when God created Earth.
Speaker 1: It's like, what do you mean, dude, that's such a weird bar, like and it's mythical with this bar You're fine, dude, you make your money, go ahead. Yeah, they're just not the same. I think it's the fact that one is a musical that makes it really difficult, because that already like that energizes people in a very very specific way and also has people being like no, no, no, man, Like if it's if you'all are out here being like it's a musical, Like some people are just not into that, but.
Speaker 4: Hey, whatever, it ain't Barbenheimer and that's okay. That's okay Hollywood, And like.
Speaker 2: I I feel like, do you feel like a lot of the success of Barbenheimer was people being like, I'm doing the Barbenheimer challenge? Yeah, because it was stupid, you know, like you think people really like, we're driving because I want to see both those movies, because I wanted to see both those movies?
Speaker 4: Did you see them back to back?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: You did it double?
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. I guess a lot of people did. Right.
Speaker 1: That was like the mythology though, where that people were gonna go do the barbin An.
Speaker 2: Extra value mel Yeah, and like remember because we were even like.
Speaker 1: Which would you see first? Like a do you do a Oppenheimer a mouse boosh? And then you bring it up with Barbie? You just like what's the order? And I think that's what got people really into the idea that's this could potentially be a double feature that people were gonna do, yeah, rather than like two movies that you'd want to see coming out on the same weekend, which is like fine, that used to happen like in the heyday of the late nineties.
Speaker 2: Right, right, two good movies. How do we smash their names together badly? It turns out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And finally, Marjorie Taylor Green is talking about what she's going to do to fix government spending and includes cutting back on toilets and sex apps.
Speaker 4: Oh that's show them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cutting recently reported that she will be working directly with the new DOGE, the Government Efficiency Crypto Promotions Department run by Elon Musk and Vivek. She went on Fox News on Sunday to explain what she has in mind for trimming government spending, and it included defunding MPR, which standard you know, standard talking you know how much this is.
Speaker 1: Guys, at least do some basic search, like on how any of this works, because I know you want to say, oh, man, fuck NPR, blah blah blah blah blah. That dude, we've gone through this before. It's like at most five percent of their budget comes from the federal government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I get.
Speaker 1: I guess that's one of those things where a lot of the shit they're saying, like whether it's related to like mass deportation things. It's things that you want to say out loud and you're like, yeah, and we're gonna do that. But then on the on the other hand, you have like the entire farming industry, like you're gonna cause a food crisis if you if you like deport a bunch of people, like that's happening? Are you? Are you guys serious? Do you understand any of this? You just like to say this wacky shit out loud, And that's kind of like we're still in that phase a little bit. I don't know what ends up happening. But again, the NPR thing, I feel like we've talked about like every couple of years when they talk about this shit, it's like what they talk about ding time on, what they talk abou ding time on none exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what we always say when they talk about it. That's what that song is about.
Speaker 4: Actually everybody they whisper about men.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, the effect if they if they defunded NPR, they lost five percent of their NBR lost five percent of their budget, how would they manage to apologetically both sides things and act like they felt terrible about about their liberal bias? That doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Gates Foundation will come in with an extra couple million and they'll be fine. But again, I like, you know, I get it because the way they always described it is like now all they're doing is spitting Democrat propaganda, and we got right.
Speaker 2: Marjorie Tilgreen also talked about getting rid of toilets in Africa, sex apps, and Malaysia. The toilets in Africa is just, you know, a reference to USAID funding for sanitation programs in Africa that reduce the spread of disease and bring clean water to communities and need. So obviously she's going to be against that because white supremacy. And then the sex app thing is a reference to an NIH grant for an app that aims to reduce the spread of HIV and others sexually transmitted infections. But also the Pentagon, she said, just broadly cool. Yeah, come on, what you got for him, Marge, what do you got for him? She said, I want to talk to people at the Pentagon, ask them why they can't find billions of dollars every single year and why they failed their audit, which anytime she wants to do that work, that would be great, Maybe like a chance of a heart attack, gun getting in the picture. Not anything that I would say that I'm hoping for in any way, But I'm just saying it's the Pentagon also cutting off funding for any sanctuary cities she said, which that one actually is a little bit worrying. That would be six hundred cities that meet the definition. And that is a thing that Trump wanted to do frequently and was ignored in his first administration because he like didn't think he was going to get elected, so he had to like hire everybody last minute and just hired people with job experience working in the federal government. And so they were all like no, Like when when he was like, yeah, we should cut off funding to California during the wildfires, So yeah, cutting federal funding to any city that didn't like cooperate with his agenda would be like, I think that's something he's going to be doing in this second administration.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And even home and his you know, lead deporters do is echoing all that, like they don't want to get in line that will take their money away. But we also kind of need some of the state's money to help prop up some of the other states who aren't kicking in as much to.
Speaker 4: Hey, we'll get into that. We'll get into that when when we're in office.
Speaker 2: The only thing that makes me feel good about any of that is that they have instead of people who are actually experienced operators in the federal government, they have dipshits like Marjorie Taylor Green and right.
Speaker 1: You know, well, the thing about DOZE, right, it's not it's not a fucking government agency. It's it's a weird fucking group project that they're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, go do your group project and we'll create a little subcommittee under the House Oversight, like the the way that Elon Musk and vivec and all these people are. They're talking as if they're like, you better watch out, because when I see this thing, I don't like it's gonna go poof. Guess what, asshole, it won't because you have no fucking power. You're not an appointee. What they can do is make their suggestions and then have those people potentially go through the actual actions and motions of trying to get regulations taken down or cut spending. But they themselves do not wield some kind of fantastic like cost cutting magic wand that they think they do. They're merely gonna be like, here's our report. Do you like what it says?
Speaker 4: Okay, well I tried.
Speaker 1: The Pentagon sy Sa, knock at their door, loose their grandpa.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like listen how they talk about like this OpEd that they put out just describing their work. They said that those will work with quote legal experts embedded in government agencies who are aided by advanced technology. That's how they will basically like that's how they're going to get to the bottom of this. And they would use the list that they put together to quote immediately pause enforcement of targeted regulations and initiate the process for review and recission of them.
Speaker 4: It's all just like it's so it's like fantasy.
Speaker 2: Speak, yeah, and it's so complishing the organization from the born identity there. We're going to embed or use legal entities that are embedding the government and have information and data collection abilities.
Speaker 1: Enhance in enhance, enhance, and we will use that advanced technologies. I mean, like there's plenty that they you know, like hiring freezes would be much more damaging to like, you know, like bureaucracies than whatever the fuck these guys are going to suggest, but whatever this is, you know, it's time for them to be the boogeymen that they pretend they want to be and have everybody like. But it's definitely gonna they're gonna be saying a lot of stupid stuff, that is for sure. But yeah, at the moment, I'm just like, I don't, I'm not. Can you can we be a little bit clear on how this all works because you have no mandate either, and Trump barely does either when you look at a popular vote.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I have to say to that is mustard.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey hey hey? What they talk about day time? On what they talk they talk about? Know what they talk about day talk about? Those are some of the stories that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,