Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here you are Players Lounge coming at you on a Wednesday work day right here at the starting over the podcast studio.
Speaker 3: Y'all ain't seen the butter room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see, uh see, I know birds alright, It's okay.
Speaker 2: Heck Ma Harrison, Barry Church, Scruggs, Danny mccraid did the All twenty two told me last night he was going to watch to see about Durrum. Yesterday, you asked me, I said, my untrained die. I have an untrained die. You have a trained die. Clus in on what you learn when you watch the tape about your saying.
Speaker 3: Let's man said listen.
Speaker 4: I actually just got through watching the tape maybe ten minutes ago, and I'm watching it and I just I was keyed in on d run Bland and I will say this, did he did he show up on tape like a d law? I don't think so, because d law to me, played played the best on our defensive Like the splash plays. Him getting in the backfield against the run excellent. When when I watched the run Bland play, I thought he played well. I thought on on on the on the plays where they forced him to come up in the run, he fit as well as he could consider. And you can't cut the lineman anymore, so he got to get in there and throw the shoulder. And I thought in coverage outside of the two minute drive where we saw him playing off and give up a couple of passes, they had like ten seconds left, so he's trying to make sure he doesn't get big deep, beat get beat deep. I thought press technique he played well. I thought off technique. I seen him get turned around a couple of times, like you said, but the ball didn't come his way. So I mean, you know, we don't count those. We don't count those, So yeah, I don't. I don't think you have to disguise a hide. I think dan Quinn came out and said, hey, listen and coverage, he might have been the best cover guy out there. Out of the three corners. We saw Gilmore give him some passes. We saw George Lewis give us a pass. Outside of two minutes drill, you didn't see de Ron Blaan really give up anything.
Speaker 3: So you had anything any worries going forward?
Speaker 5: You think they can still stick with that same aggressive style defense they have with him on the outside.
Speaker 4: I mean we said he was the best one, so I mean we still got to get a shirt up with the other guys playing man and man. But as far as like, hey man, we need to protect twenties, Nah, I don't. I don't think that's the case. Just based off what we saw against Arizona, will we see better receivers than he played against Tailer? Absolutely? So we still you know, we got we reserved right to change our mind. But based off when I watched some film, I'm like, okay, maybe he was. He gave him a little bit, you know, like the best ones. But as far as like if you go on level the level linebacker, d line whatever, you could spot like Dron and say, okay, he was probably the best in a cornerback room. And then and then for Deron Blant to be playing like that spot duty, I mean it wasn't but Thursday when Diggs got hurt, So it wasn't like he going through the week even anticipating being a full time starter like that. But I think the biggest surprise to me with Dan Quinn is how much man he's played this year versus when he was at Seattle Leadership Boom where they were known Sherman Zone. He was a zone guy, and so he didn't rely on that at all. So maybe I'm thinking that maybe that could be a new wrinkle, especially with the NFL and everyone believing that, you know, Quinn's gonna be a man guy. Yeah, yeah, I think now you have the opportunity with a Michael Parsons type guy to say we're gonna line up five guys, you know what I'm saying on the line of scrimmage to try to create some one on ones, and that kind of forces you to play man the man more and you're able to play that cover three with Richard Sherman and Cam Chancellor. So I think utilizing the Michael Parsons then kind of forces you to sit there and say, we're gonna play man. That's why we got these two corners out here, and we're gonna make sure we get Michael Parsons a one on one.
Speaker 5: They also had if you think about it that on that Seattle defense, what they had at the second level, you had Bobby Wagner and then you had kJ Wright, so you could do a lot when you got some guys that understand depth and all that good stuff. But I'm interested to see what Lebron player is gonna do when we got to go against the Patriots, because, like you said, Dan Quinn loves to play that man the man coverage and we'll see if fellow chick attacked that or not. But you know, I think he's gonna go with the ground game for show.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 4: Mac Jones, hey, bro hey, Mac Jones out here a while, and though what he did to my man guard?
Speaker 3: Come on, and that's on tape.
Speaker 4: What was the who was the guy who hit Miles Garrett in the Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 3: Man out here?
Speaker 4: He on his way, He on his way Like it's consistency. This man character sheet is getting long.
Speaker 7: So stay with me there. You just made the point.
Speaker 2: We see I get you. Turn on Twitter. You see videos of back you trying to trip guy me. He's a dirty twisted the guy's ankle last year, twisted twisted ankles, dirty player. How do you got all the as a defensive player going to a game like this, What do you guys say to each other about this guy?
Speaker 4: He's a quarterback, can't do nothing to him. But I'm listen, what was it? Berfect? Hey man, he gonna have to start getting that treatment, okay, because although it's not one of those ones where you're like giving guys some cushions and stuff, but you can hurt guys the same the same way. Right, So I was Gordon might have to go out the game for a couple of players, and it might be two of the biggest players in the game. You twist the guy ankle and all of a sudden he gets hurt. It's the same type of stuff. And then when players know that, it's on the refs and the league to discipline that guy, because then when you have players trying to take it into their own hands, then a guy like mac Jones is in trouble.
Speaker 5: I don't know how he's getting away well now, I don't know if he's been find in the past or anything like that, but it seems like he's just getting away with this with his play. I mean, last year they got it on tape again. He twisted Buddy from Carolina the defensive a twisted his ankle up here, he's hitting guys below the belt. I mean, how do you get away with this type of stuff with no type of nothing.
Speaker 4: Now with cameras everywhere the way it is right now, and he got caught. He got caught doing it this time. But you know what defensive guys are gonna do. Every chance they get to get a shot on end on Mac, they gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Be careful, you know.
Speaker 4: While while we're on the NFL stuff, Hey, bro, so week one, Detroit versus Kansas City offensive line, let's do lined up all sides false start the whole game?
Speaker 3: Okay? All right?
Speaker 4: So then they so then the next game they start calling them. Now Andy Reid talking about he getting treated differently than everybody else. You go back to week one, This man was lined up off the line of every Come on, man, Come on, Andy, Come on, Andy, go turn the film on. Bro, y'all let this man get away with this all Ota is a training camping out and y'all been telling them it's okay. That's why you got to stand up from now. He outside that man not on a lot of scripts.
Speaker 7: About to go.
Speaker 3: Emotion come through, sweet just sweep with my boys. Man, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: So was that one a coach before the game goes to a refereence A one hundred percent, one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: You see it all the time. We see this on take I'm goa pointed out to the rest. JG was he was great for that. He would say, this guy's going to do this. This guy like the whole a lot. He would highlighted at all and it goes straight to the rest before pregam. Man, make sure you get a hand on them a twenty five, or make sure you look at this guy.
Speaker 4: He's going to do that. You see it all the time. And Bill was hot because they were meled into the office all the time. Hey give me all them clips right there with money in the room to make sure that stuff got sent in up. Get your money any time you see something. But you have to though. You have to because any advantage in the football game. You know, when when every play counts as much as it does in a game like this, and every game counts so much, you have to say, hey, listen, all that stuff. We need to make sure that they're aware of everything because it really affected if look, if you try it would have got if you can't beat that.
Speaker 3: When I got got two steps on you, it's to formations.
Speaker 2: Oh players, louds brought to you by I like when Danny's fired up radio. It is good stuff here. Biggest surprise through three weeks, heck, my.
Speaker 4: Hairs, biggest surprise for me, man, that's ah mm hmm. That's a tough one.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: I'll start.
Speaker 3: You start there, Brandon Aubrey to kick it. Yeah, you didn't have no faith in the kicker.
Speaker 2: We we've been fooled and fooled again here. And it wasn't something in training camping.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, this is it. I mean it was it was.
Speaker 2: It was a struggle bus and the first you know, come right out the gate game one.
Speaker 7: And he hasn't.
Speaker 2: So for me, three weeks into this, the fact that this guy has gone out here been automatic, and with the red zone struggle, they've had to try him out here. He's done his part. So three weeks into this, the kicking situation, god give it comes up.
Speaker 4: I had three different guys, so, I mean, you know, I was on the Ferguson train and so he's the biggest I would say surprised.
Speaker 3: But hold on now, yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Biggest surprise for me because I feel I figured he would be of more use, uh for for especially for Dak and in the West Coast offense and being being able to get those completed passes, those drops that he had, uh him and Hinder shot in in the red zone. As we've talked about the woes that they've had, that's been a that's been a big concern. I felt as though this tight end room was ready to take over, man, I mean with Lego Schultz and I felt like that next step was gonna be with our young guys, and it just hadn't happened yet. I hadn't seen it happen to that level school drop. One week, I was like, I was just.
Speaker 3: That's so that's I mean, yeah, a ngail on open. Oh, that's a good one. That's a good one. My biggest surprise, uh man.
Speaker 4: I don't want to just say the game overall, but this era, the performance.
Speaker 3: Against Arizona was a huge surprise for me.
Speaker 4: One because of how we started off the season and we all wanted to like try to forget that it was the Jets without Aaron Rodgers and that it was the most improved quarterback in the NFCS and you ain't. But we know going into that week, going into game one. I'm just saying, going into into week one that that was the conversation of like, Okay, he's gonna be most improved. So we're like, okay, the jihnts are better. We smoked him fordy to zero, so we're like, okay, that's a better team. And then you get the Jets offense, I mean a just defense. He said, Okay, we still move the ball on them. Must have been good. And we wanted to believe so bad, so bad that this, and then you know, we go up to the Arizona and then now we've been humbled. I think that like the way that we played in that game so early in the season, when they're when we know we needed to keep up with the Eagles and the forty nine ers, it's surprising to me, especially here Dan dan quinn come out and say, hey, man, my guys didn't play with the effort and intensity they would usually play with, or or Mike McCarthy come out and say, man, we didn't prepare office alignment well enough. When you know, I'm not even gonna say it, but you already you know what I know, you know what, I know what you know how they were playing it on TV.
Speaker 3: I saw the man or something save saying it's like he need now. They kept the whole faces present whole the whole time.
Speaker 7: One gay guys kept standing up though they couldn't go back.
Speaker 5: Then take a seat, brother, No no, no, man, but fast back. My biggest surprise, I'm gonna go with your brother in the l s U my boy, the monk Clark.
Speaker 3: You know, I thought going into this game, and let's you know, put it out there.
Speaker 5: It didn't like he's played terrible, But to me, I thought he would have had that rookie year vander s type of impact where.
Speaker 3: He's just sidelined the sideline, flying.
Speaker 5: And making plays and we don't see him, you know, giving up a lot as far as in the passing game. But he's also a part of that two hundred and twenty two yards on the ground that we saw last week against Arizona.
Speaker 3: And to me, you know, it was just a big surprise because I thought he would be.
Speaker 5: That, like I said, sideline of sideline downhill guy, tackling machine.
Speaker 3: And he hasn't really popped out on tape.
Speaker 4: Now he might have you know, played well overall, but I'm thinking about.
Speaker 5: You know, that year when Vander Esh came on as a rookie. Him and Jalen Smith, our guy was a swipe.
Speaker 4: They balled and they were making plays each and every game, big impact plays.
Speaker 5: And that's what I thought I would see out of the moon carp. But like we said, it's early in the season, so he still had some time to catch on.
Speaker 3: But that was my biggest surprise so far this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the thing I don't honestly, I don't know if you're gonna see that type of play from him this year. I think you're gonna see him going sideline the sideline and making and making big plays. But when I imagine I'm thinking like a Devin White, I'm thinking of that type of stuff. I don't know if you're going to see it from him this year. Again, this is his first year getting macking in. Devin White was a totally White was a totally different He was a totally different animal. I think as he gets more comfortable, you know, like DeMarcus Lawrence or like a Michael Parson's in this system and he gets that time under his belt of like, hey man, we know how hard it was to read them pulling guards and they watching it all twenty two. They had some misdirection going on with them with them pulling guards too, and it was hard for him to see it. It's gonna be a learning experience for him and hopefully he picks up on it and it helps him react a little faster. But I think he'll be better. But I think it's gonna be hard for us to see because that was a hell of a year for them too.
Speaker 3: Scooping sc Yeah.
Speaker 2: Touching back of what he was said about the tight ends, go back to draft day, sitting there in the first round.
Speaker 7: Guys they were looking at.
Speaker 2: Obviously it took Bozzie Smith, the other tight end, Sam Laporta out of Iowa, who had eleven targets and collected eight receptions for eighty four yards and one touchdown average ten point five yards in the Lions twenty.
Speaker 7: To six win.
Speaker 3: We got schooling for the run.
Speaker 4: Broson decided the passing guys anyway, just my thought shout out to Maasa people playing out I was looking for in the locker room, I bet you was.
Speaker 2: I talked to old Soo Diggie Zoo and never got the more but couldn't find it.
Speaker 3: You know, you know who I want to know? Did you talk?
Speaker 7: He was going by, he was going out of the locker room when I went in.
Speaker 4: I've seen him get spotlighted of like I think I forgot who worked wrote the article. I saw it on Twitter day of like guys who you may have forgotten about, who played a good game, and his picture was on the front of that in front of that thing.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you, you.
Speaker 4: Don't realize how much you need a guy like CJ on kickoff and punt until a guy like Dwayne Harris is running the back on you, uh, you know against New York when we just went up and took delete.
Speaker 3: Like, you don't realize that until you don't have it.
Speaker 4: So I'm that's why I'm just gonna keep on keep Only he don't have Kevin Joseph here, So the dude making all the tackles of twenty nine very important position.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, see, he was going he was going out as we were all coming in, so I did not get an opportunity to talk to him.
Speaker 7: Let's get our first break in here when we come back.
Speaker 2: Mike McCarthy versus Bill Belichick let's get our possible on. Two guys who've won Super Bowls. One has more than the other. One is going to the Hall of Fame alab But Mike McCarthy has won a Super Bowl in at and T Stadium, So we'll dive into that with Danny mccraig.
Speaker 7: Heck Ma Harrison at Barry Church on we strug.
Speaker 2: This is the player slash by totos on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott back at the Dallas Cowboys and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The fresh guy who looks white. It's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Preus Scott's gonna rub this ship shelf, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 7: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King.
Speaker 3: And Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with us II and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three and season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles, we got fans, all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys. Smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: To the players lounge. It's redemption time. Guys, here we go.
Speaker 4: Mark your calendars and get your letter hosing in scenes ready. Frisco October Fest officially returns for the fourth annual celebration on Saturday, October the seventh at the Start in Frisco, Free featuring Bavarian inspired activities, delicious food and drink, and plenty of great live entertainment. Visit the Star District dot com slash events from.
Speaker 3: Right you using whatever.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 3: Don't? What the hell was it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Something you gotta love it yourself, And I'll tell you I know I was. I went back and looked at I was like, oh that was mad. People that get they should put they advertising dollars and that redemption.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it, love it.
Speaker 7: Oh man player, I can read.
Speaker 3: Church, but take up.
Speaker 2: Mann went and doubt read him in that uh Morgan Freeman voice.
Speaker 7: You know, do the Morgan Freeman try.
Speaker 2: You can see you can see Jerry Jones, I fly.
Speaker 3: All lined up. Check me.
Speaker 4: I've been seeing the rock on TV a lot. I will make sure he wasn't inspired. He all at the Colorado game, you know all I want said he retired.
Speaker 3: Then I said on the he's like that. The once I got all respect of the problems, I.
Speaker 7: Got the test one of the originals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know the prototype look.
Speaker 7: Sign they're gonna get signed, autographed and put on.
Speaker 2: Even he he was doing they had to work out that XFL workout. They didn't say he was coming, So now I know how they work. They don't tell you when he's coming. So then the media will come get to actually get him because there's not a whole lot.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna take the bag. Take them in the bag with me.
Speaker 4: I hope you get him, because that's the only way they work. You can't do nothing with them. They're just there.
Speaker 3: You gotta put you know, you get to.
Speaker 2: You know what I've got that I got those pairs and you guys are too young.
Speaker 7: But I got a pair of.
Speaker 2: Larry Johnson Grandmama, con grandmama, and I just knew that these were gonna be worth money. I was like, this is like the nixt Jordan type thing. Larry Jones Rookie of the Year, played at UNLV. People loved Larry, and I was living in North Carolina with the Hornets NBA rookie. I was like, yeah, it's gonna be for something. I was working at the Converse store. There's somewhere, don't know where they are. It's a white pair. I'm like, man, it could worth something someday.
Speaker 3: They ain't white no more.
Speaker 2: If I ever find him, because Larry's from here, I'll see if Larry grandma, momel Hey, hey, what happened to him?
Speaker 3: Man? I thought this man.
Speaker 2: Thought this man was gonna be on his way to the Hall of Fame until it got hurt.
Speaker 7: But love me, love me, I said, you got you, mom.
Speaker 2: So this week we've got Bill Belichick versus Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 7: Bill Belichick has two.
Speaker 2: Hundred and ninety nine regular season wins, the most buy any active head coach right now, so he's at two ninety nine. Mike McCarthy's at one fifty seven. How do we see this matchup? I'll start over here.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a it's gonna be a great chess match up, I think between the two of them, and that's gonna have to make some great decisions out there, because we know, you know what Belichick does, he takes away what you do best.
Speaker 5: To me, right now, what they do best is passing wise. Just get the ball to CD lamp, whether it's short, intermediate, deep, however they want to do it, that's who they want to get the ball to.
Speaker 3: So you know Belichick is.
Speaker 4: Gonna find some way to take him away and make him the second or third option.
Speaker 5: So then to me, it comes down to decision making. Who you're gonna feature out there and who you're gonna get the ball to. And if your dak if you hold the ball too long, you know that rush is coming because jud and them boys, he got some rushers over there, and you know that that secondary is gonna be disciplined out there. Safety not just drafted this year.
Speaker 4: Peers, yeah, preppers, But but Douggary I think he uses him. Well, you're talking about the corn about the corners out hold he's good Man good yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's gonna be as it's gonna be a chess man and said to travel with CDA, travel with him, I believe.
Speaker 3: So there it is.
Speaker 5: They're going they have a safety comt They're gonna have all types of gimmicks for this offense.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be a great chest match and we're gonna see what happens.
Speaker 4: Man, I've talked to you about how much I respect and ADM. Bill Belichick and man just bucket list. I wish I could spend a week just watching him because I want to see how he prepares. I mean, there's got to be a method to it. As good as he is, you know, his defenses are multiple. Man, Dak probably has a stack this big to prepare for this week. And you talk about him being on this a game. That's the one thing that I worry about is the double clutch. You know, is it there is? And we know what has happened when he's done that. And just look, he's at the point right now, his eighth year in the NFL, where he should know coverage. Obviously, he knows coverages and the ability to disguise different things, you know, in formation checks and all of that. I just feel like, you know, Bill is really gonna show how to take on this new Mike McCarthy offense. And I was looking at the game that I was looking at when I was evaluating them as the Miami New England game. And I don't know why Sean Payton didn't watch the Miami game, because because.
Speaker 3: Belichick.
Speaker 4: Belichick showed you how to do it, and you went out there with a whole other ideal.
Speaker 3: That got skunked by fifty.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I think it's gonna be an interesting match up between two really good head coaches. It's gonna be a chess match, and it's gonna be four courts of football.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I hope that Mike McCarthy goes in there and gets tons of advice from Dan quinn because as of right now, based on the first three weeks of the season, it does make me nervous Mike McCarthy going against Bill Belichick's defense because I know how.
Speaker 3: Multiple it is.
Speaker 4: And then we're coming off of a game where the blueprint essentially has been shown of like, hey, run this coverage and this is what you're gonna give them and you're gonna force them to take five yards down the field, five yards down the field, seat see if they can make it all the way down there. Oh yeah, by the way, you want to get one twenty two Russian, go ahead and give it to me.
Speaker 3: Point you're gonna end up with.
Speaker 4: So I think the recipe is a up there for to say, Okay, Mike, this is this is the opportunity that you have in front of you to say, all right, I'm going against Belichick. This is what happened to us against Arizona. We're gonna use whatever Bill Belichick's formula is of like studying what other teams have done to stop us, and we're gonna go opposite. Do something, do something different, get the ball down the field, make sure you stretch them out, and then see how they react after that.
Speaker 3: But I think just.
Speaker 5: Ask Kellen, you know, then put up thirty five on Bill. So I'm just saying, I don't know if you need some assistance.
Speaker 3: I don't know how comfortable I feel right now, but I do know this. I think it's gonna be alright.
Speaker 2: The last meeting between the Cowboys and Patriots Dallas, one thirty five to twenty nine and overtime October seventeenth, twenty twenty one. Like the Cardinals, New England has won six of the last seven meetings, but the last meeting with somebody missing for the week A little bit different may a little bit different guy named Brady. Mike McCarthy is two and three all time against New England and his head coaching career. Just a couple of the numbers right there between the matchup of Bill Belichick and Mike McCarthy, one going to the Hall of Fame and the other building a resume which could put.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, listen, I don't want to put an asterisk by offensive line because could we go out there with the officsive line we had last week? Like you said, Juda, other.
Speaker 5: Them boys, they're gonna expose something, They're gonna expose something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but why wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Do y'all think they would do this or they should do this?
Speaker 5: If seventy seven ain't a go slide the other t Smith out there and then let Noah, I don't want to butcher his last name. Put him at the guard because that's where we saw him in New York and he did this thing.
Speaker 7: Noah, no I'm sorry, I'm.
Speaker 3: Thinking of the corner. Yeah, I want to name.
Speaker 4: I agree with you. I agree with you now that you have a week to prepare. If you just last week, it just obviously, uh, Tyron was healthy throughout the week and they didn't know that he was going to be a scratch on game day. But now that you have a week to prepare, I'd be willing to bet that they would do that if Tyron is not a goal. But you're right, man, this Matthew Judone matchup is gonna be hell for wherever he lined up, and you know they'll move him around. That's why I was waiting for what Bill Belichick said about Michael, like you know you sent me over the clip and what he said about Jalen Hurts. I don't want to make you feel bad about it about Michael because he stepped off the train. He off He watched the game and was like, ain't nobody cols LT bro y'all and he basically did they got to spend ten years with LT. I trust with he said. I didn't want to. I knew it was coming out.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 4: They keep asking about the LT comparison. The Bill is just like, hey, listen to me. Nobody's above LT. Like I saw a guy who could tilt the field every time he was on it, and he did it for ten years.
Speaker 3: And until you.
Speaker 4: Start getting a guy who can do it like that for that long, Paul's.
Speaker 3: Character long.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, until you get a god, until you get a guy like whatever.
Speaker 3: Alright, well that's what he said, so he said.
Speaker 4: But he also said he's probably biased because he was around LT for ten years.
Speaker 3: So you know what it is. Shout out to y'all.
Speaker 6: What is like?
Speaker 4: You know what the next one is. It's about barbecue. Let's take a break.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack Black slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip that's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 3: They snapped a preshout. Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll run for punks down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this in show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 7: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com. Slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com. And at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them.
Speaker 3: Boys smear enough we do game days.
Speaker 10: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Join us at Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium on October seventh and eighth for world class barbecue from pittmasters across the country while enjoying live entertainment and live based at Q Barbecue Fest Dallas this October, the only thing hotter than the Dallas Cowboys would be three hundred three thirty thousand cows, thirty thousand pounds of brisket, chicken, pull pork and ribs smoking at Miller Lighthouse when some of the biggest names in barbecue come together at Q Barbecue Fest. Tickets are on sale now at seat geek dot com, the official ticket in provider of AT and T State. Hey, thirty thousand pounds of barbecue. That's a lot of barbecue, A lot of barbecue. Man, how many people usually show up to Have you been not? Have you seen any video?
Speaker 3: Are you going? I don't know, but you might.
Speaker 7: I have to look.
Speaker 3: Good idea, man, I'll tell you what I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, I am going to court tomorrow for a reason, so I'll be able to be on point here.
Speaker 7: So there we go.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jerry joneson radio show, and he said that he did not want to spoil any think there could be a surprise for Ezekiel Elliott.
Speaker 7: He could be a T and T stadium. Hm hmmm surprised, could it not be? I asked the question that interesting?
Speaker 3: Does he deserve? Is that? What you is?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: What you are?
Speaker 7: There? You go?
Speaker 4: So do we know the surprise after what killing did to him for his last player? Absolutely, he deserves the power?
Speaker 3: Your man, your man.
Speaker 4: His last player that was the bus like that man. Yes, Chris getting the highlight reel together right now. He gave us, He gave us the kettle jump, all that stuff. Man Cereal everybody out there doing that, and you come on, man, why he be My answer to it, like because he did, they should have extra looking like that he comes back.
Speaker 3: I ain't coming back, man, No, man, no, I listen.
Speaker 4: I think we forget like when Zeke came in, how quickly the team changed right, leading the league and in Russian him at Dak two one four, all that stuff. That was a big That was a great time around here. And you know, and you know the killing more sent him. But but you know, but.
Speaker 3: He deserves it. He deserves it.
Speaker 7: What do we think?
Speaker 3: What do we think of it? Like they probably give him a little video tribute videos.
Speaker 4: Like not nothing crazy, the worst part of being You give him a tribute he come out and run for one sixth that was your guilt? Keep that I got these. No, No, I think he deserves it.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 4: Man did give a lot here to the Cowboys and I and remember I wasn't here and I remember I was at home.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, what we could roll like that?
Speaker 4: And he was an integral part of this offense and making sure that the Cowboys were back on the map in that sense, So I.
Speaker 3: Think he deserves it.
Speaker 10: D C.
Speaker 3: Did you get to come back.
Speaker 5: When I came lay played the Cowboys. Yeah, oh yeah, it was ugly. It was it was ugly. We got man, we got abused.
Speaker 4: Yeah they didn't. They didn't give me a video. They just do a touchdown on me. That's when they take this with your church.
Speaker 3: Man. That's how you got a gift for nothing. I ain't get nothing, man, You don't do you think he deserves it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I mean he had a huge impact.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like you said when we lost you know, DeMarco Murray the free agency.
Speaker 3: It was a year where it.
Speaker 4: Was big Fad mc fadden against him, but you know he wasn't. You know, he wasn't the Marco randalls.
Speaker 3: Out there and draws.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're thinking about what you had bey and then he got there.
Speaker 3: And he turned us all around.
Speaker 7: And what did Marco get when he came back here? That's true to get nothing.
Speaker 3: De Marco left and went to the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Yeah that boom. He wasn't gonna getting nothing. Man in the division, you gotta see him twice. They're gon have some aver time you come back.
Speaker 7: They chose not to sign.
Speaker 4: It, no matter, they're gonna give him some air time you come back, so now you give it to him once. We got a tribute one time, and then the next year he still never got to give a tribute again.
Speaker 7: Asked the question, I would the NFL offensive played.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he got hurt right before he was supposed to listen.
Speaker 4: They still allowing this to do whatever he wants the Cowboys, okay, So he's still getting tributes.
Speaker 3: That may be having watched parties, all type of stuff, selling tickets.
Speaker 7: Romo came back with CBS, they put the thing in.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying so what do you think he deserves it or not?
Speaker 7: I'm trying to understand you.
Speaker 4: Asked the question, do you think that he deserves a tribute when he comes back here?
Speaker 7: I probably wouldn't if I was team Okay.
Speaker 3: But he was.
Speaker 4: Jerry was very complimentary of talking about him as as a as a teammate.
Speaker 3: The energy that he brought.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's undeniable there some of the things that he did in the record, but all the great running backs that came through the down Cowboys. So, I mean, y'all know, I was hurt about him, about him going, you know, but at the same time seeing him come back and him be celebrated at least appreciate him for what he's did for the Dallas Cowboys. I think it's warranted. I don't think it's not gonna It's not anything crazy.
Speaker 3: You know. You know, you're not going to Ring of Honor nothing like that, you know.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, you know and Jerry, and we know Jerry has an affection for certain guys uh in the organization here not here anymore. And I just remember when Zeke was going through those suspensions, like what the possibility of being suspended and Jerry, Jerry had his back the whole time. So I can just imagine how you know, Jerry probably wanted to come back and somebody was like, I think about it, man.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't think about it. I don't know, man, I know, do you remember do you remember when Emitt came back he was with the Cardinals and Roy Williams the boom on it. But that was a hard that was a hard that was a hard game Ford.
Speaker 2: So he got the press conference after man and he broke down. It's like, tell how he got to see his daughter play soccer and and you know he could tell he was hurting.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I just so no you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't think he deserves Okay, I think about that, the fact that he's gonna get it.
Speaker 3: No matter what, he gonna get it. I'm with you, Jared Love. I don't know.
Speaker 4: And when turns to get back to the stadium, show himse Love too, Yeah, man, thank you, Yeah, show usel Love Now I think about him.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: As I used to say when I had a radio show. So it's interesting on who we choose to condemn and who we choose to forget. Interesting of hey will celebrate you, we will not celebrate you.
Speaker 7: I just find it interesting.
Speaker 4: But that's normal around here. I'm not even gonna start saying because I don't want to thought nothing. But that's normal around here. Robin Rob said that everybody ain't the same, it's different, all right.
Speaker 3: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 7: Jimmy can't getting rid of honor.
Speaker 3: I didn't say nothing.
Speaker 7: Marcus Way got the ring of honor.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 7: It is very interesting.
Speaker 3: It is very when you own open it up. I care it's going to get issue.
Speaker 7: Please Jimmy right.
Speaker 2: The owner said that there was other coaching people who could be considered to go in.
Speaker 3: I ain't got it.
Speaker 4: I'm talking. I'm talking about Zeke about it all comes in. He went on, survive.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Throw the gumbo, gumbo, very swell the gumbo.
Speaker 4: You know. I'm start making some good gumbo soon here. But you know, dumb it probably because the chicken bros. You can't eat that man. You just it's not good man. Everybody else and you just smell the roof, just smelled. It's on the way. It's on the way, you said, Okrah, Yeah, and the crackers, all right, vegetable bro vegetable brush probably, but you can put that obey in that I can use my messin.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I had a conversation with diggiez a double Gallo, and both the gentlemen said, basically, guysh just do your part. Too many people trying to make a big play on the defensive line. They feel like things can get corrected. And Gallon were played at Oklahoma, and so I talked to him and I just said, you know, obviously you played o. You you play here. One loss is not a regular loss anywhere else. It is It is a It is an event, and people are not happy called FEMA because you need rescue, but jump off. So he said, yeah, that's why you come here. But he said they could get things corrected. Uh Osa said, they're not panicking. They saw what they did wrong there that they'll be fine. I'm like, you know, they rushed one hundred and seven yard lives me. They come, they cut, they come, and you said expect them to. So all right, the Belichick is gonna run this football. He's going to make them stop. You've got to stop him. So he said that those two say they're up for the chal So we'll see.
Speaker 3: I agree with him.
Speaker 5: I agree with him because if you look at it, everything like you you you said on Monday, everything that has gone wrong with him as coachable in my opinion, because the talent is there. I mean you look at the defensive line, you look at front seven. I mean outside of last week, you know, we were saying it's the best front seven in football right now, so you know they Yeah, so I think everything they had.
Speaker 3: That one, it's the.
Speaker 4: Same old Jordan thing right here. Man, nobody could be better than Jordan, right, come on, man.
Speaker 3: Come on coaching coaching Jordan. That's right. Sometimes I agree with Barry Listen is it man got him? Got him?
Speaker 4: The fact that nobody, nobody, in the future can never be better than Jordan a Born yet is the reason why I don't have this argument with people who say that Georgia's de bess ever and all this other stuff too. I think same as you. I think it's a lot of it is coachable. I still am. I still I still have to see a stop to run against a legitimate run team in one of those games where it's going back and forth and we need to come up with a big time run stop because the one time we had the opportunity to do it, we didn't do it. And that's just reminists of last year of like we ain't been able to stop the run since the Denver Broncos came in here and put it on tape. All right, So at this point, as much as I trusted Dan Quinn, I'm still not sure if we can stop the run as well as we will need to against teams like Philly and against teams that San Francisco. No, no, no, no no no. I trusted this defense, I said, I still trusted in last year we weren't able to stop the run like we should I mean, and these teams, like they've gotten better at running the football is going to looks better than Miles Sanders. Is that is that fair?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Definitely going to coach them up. Get to get it right.
Speaker 4: I gotta see, I gotta see. I haven't seen it too, you I haven't seen it. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with my man BC. That h Your word is simple size a simize and that's what that's what aris on the shoulders. They just gave us the simple size of what this team is gonna see the entire season. Gannon used the Philadelphia and the subscription prescription for this team, this defense, and he knows exactly how to beat these guys. I don't worry about Mac Jones running the ball in the RPO any ofthing. I don't think that's gonna happen. So I think that simplifies things in a way. But as you get through this division, as you get through the rest of your season, that's gonna be one of the things that this defense is definitely gonna have to stop.
Speaker 3: Because man, it didn't look good.
Speaker 4: I mean, and obviously the guy that ran for the ninety eight yards against this last season. I mean, excuse me, last game you bring Zeke in, Zike still has that same capability. He could do the same thing. I mean they still got the James Connell and Zeke got the same kind of speed right now, So listen, I'm burning the soide of my face, so I know something's going on. Forty to James Connor. Man out here, it's red though. The count is coming. It's gonna be I don't know. I hope hopefully it's a fun game to watch. Hopefully it's a bounce back game and uh it works out for us. But yeah, the battle of the coordinators. So we're gonna say that any any time Bill Militick comes to time, you say, we got to see what Bill's gonna do to to the offense on the other side.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I hope it's the weekend seven because what we said earlier in this yas, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mine is already off. I mean they lost Arizona. Yeah, well you might recover with a win somewhere.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I was twelve and five or right now, I was. I was essentially at thirteen n I was essentially at thirteen to four because I said the last game on count, because we don't have it locked in, that's true, but uh, you're gonna change it on the seventh. So I think it's gonna be a lot of changes around change you right, Oh, you're right, because some of them teams at the end that listen, because if we want to go how sometimes we've been going with like all right, well this team beat that team and we beat them, and you can't because Arizona, because Arizona went up there and lost to them, to our two division opponents, and then we lost to.
Speaker 3: Them, and you know, so we'll see, man. That's why it's football.
Speaker 4: Man. Any given Sunday or Thursday, on Monday, on Saturday, we're up against it.
Speaker 2: But I did want to make sure we got this in here. The defensive player of the year, Oh, top three.
Speaker 3: I want to start with him, going away from the who's number one? Right now? Who got to lead? So far? I have Pittsburgh, my guy in Pittsburgh on TJ t J. Watt.
Speaker 4: I don't on fire right now between him and Miles Garrett. I'm not sure because like what I saw with the what teams are doing to try to scheme against violence gear and making them get that false start because they was moving the tight ends back and forth. He's and and we we glossed over because you said they don't play on prime time like that. But Cleveland's defense, forget, has been balling. And the main one on their defense is Miles Gears right now. They don't even mention that dude. That's what that's crazy. They don't talk about him like that. T J. Watt right now, number one, number two, And then you know, we gotta we gotta see how how Michael responds in this game. But yeah, like those dudes, you can't just you can't just discount them.
Speaker 3: They ball them.
Speaker 7: So you would say what MHM, Garrett.
Speaker 3: Michael Michael, Yeah, just halfter these three weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's because Michael to me was number one, number number one, number two last week.
Speaker 3: So they just is different. It's fluid, fluid to get consistent tho. Because it's gonna be a tight race, you got to.
Speaker 5: I just hope they all stay healthy because that would be I mean, I'd be a hell of a race.
Speaker 3: Watch might have m VP.
Speaker 7: Gets in shape. That cannot discount him. And the last thing about the l.
Speaker 2: T thing, he did win an m v P m HM Last defensive Player to do it not defense MVP.
Speaker 3: That was the whole thing, the wholely.
Speaker 2: That said something that's great, Micha is yet to a defensive player at the MVP, L T one N m VB.
Speaker 3: That's that was gonna get closer.
Speaker 2: But it's just that's tough. This is not a league anymore that I don't think you can do that.
Speaker 4: Really don't depend on the quarterback play around the league because right now you've got Pat Mahomes.
Speaker 3: He's doing.
Speaker 4: You know, but like two may not remain healthy. Pat Mahomes and them. They got beat by the Detroit Lions at the beginning. It's going seventeen the next week. There's an opportunity right now as week three. But you gave a great analogy a couple of weeks ago about Montana Marino and all the guys that were playing in the league that were just like on top of that game at that point. And you look at these edge rushers right now. Man, it's a lot of great edge rushers in the league.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 7: So go back to what we talked about last year.
Speaker 2: So Mahomes won the VP, Hurt's finished second, t J what wasn't even in the top three four five.
Speaker 7: Vote you weren't even there.
Speaker 2: It's just it's so hard to win that thing now, especially now they they've they've made it easier. You can't touch it, you can't rub up against it, you can't go past the knee.
Speaker 7: It's hard. It's hard for depends. But that's just you know, I just think about what LTD.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. It was amazing, so Mike, a great play. But when people talk about lt I just feel like.
Speaker 4: That early senor score does next week tomorrow too.
Speaker 3: Don't forget that. You're gonna t Jordan.
Speaker 7: It's them kind of guys, Guys like that, all right.
Speaker 2: Now, He scruggs just to plays titos goodbye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club