Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading. With Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: Let's focus on the green at least right now and talk about some of the big gainers for the day. I want to start with shares of IBM. Wow, they searched hired. This is crazy, this is crazy right, twelve percent to the upside. This after the Trump administration agreed to award a billion dollars to the company. It's going to build a foundry for producing quantum computing chips. IBM will also invest a billion dollars into a new company called Andern.
Speaker 4: It'll produce the processors.
Speaker 3: The government awarded funding to more than a half dozen other companies. That's part of this broader two billion dollars support package from the Commerce Department for quantum computing. Once again, shares hired today by twelve point four percent.
Speaker 5: I do want it to enterrupt. We are getting some earnings out of ross Or. This is the discount retailer basically reporting EPs that did rise on a year over year basis two dollars and two cents of share versus what they had the previous year at a dollar forty seven. Not sure what the comparison is with regards to analysts estimates, but when it comes to sales growth, our sales overall for the most recent quarter, they did report about six billion in sales right on the nose. The estimate was for five point six. And here's your guidance here the company says this, he's full year EPs of a dollar eighty five to a dollar ninety three. And I'm going to hold off on the comparison here because it looks like the previous comparison was much higher than that, which I think might actually be wrong. But you're seeing the initial reaction right here, and they, okay, there is a correction. So the EPs for the most recent fiscal year, for the fiscal year in right now, the company is saying expect seven dollars and fifty cents to seven dollars and seventy four cents. Its previous guidance was or seven oh two to seven thirty six.
Speaker 1: So forget my pause there.
Speaker 5: The headline threw me off there here, so as look like they are guiding above their previous estimates.
Speaker 1: Tim and you see that reflected in the shares in the after hour trate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at that Raw Stores up by more than five point eight percent right now. One stock that is sort of searching for direction but now moving significantly higher is Workday shares in the after hours up by five point three percent. The company's first quarter revenue did beat estimates, first quarter adjusted earnings per share coming in above estimates at two dollars and sixty six cents per share. The company does see second quarter subscription revenue coming in above estimates at two point four to six billion dollars. The company still sees fiscal year subscription revenue at nine point nine three to nine point nine to five billion dollars. First quarter revenue did beat estimates at two point five to four billion, and once again see second quarter subscription revenue at two point four six billion dollars. This is a company, though, that has gotten beat up over the last few months. It's down more than sixty percent from those highs back in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: You see Raw Stars gain five percent in post market trade on strong comp sales forecasts, So investors are kind of liking that will wait for their earnings call shortly, but right now it's looking like they're happy with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and a bright spot here for Workday tim As you mentioned the stock getting absolutely crushed over the last year. It's kind of one of those quintessential software companies that now has to prove that it's not going to be disrupted by artificial intelligence, and at least in the latest earnings, the shareholders are happy with the company's plans.
Speaker 4: All right, So we've heard from Ross and Workday.
Speaker 3: We're still waiting on zoom Deckers and take to Interactive in addition to some others. Let's get back to some stocks though that moved in the actual cash session today. I want to go to Ralph Lauren. Shares of Ralph Laurens surge today. This after the company reported revenue and profit that beat analyst estimates. Its finished higher by fourteen percent today. Sales growth was led by Asia, particularly in China. Sales increased thirty one percent on a reported basis. The company's core customer is resilient and able to withstand tariffs and economic uncertainty. Once again, Shares of Ralph Lauren up by thirteen point eight percent. We'll go ahead and round that up and more retail this time football as we do, wait for deckers perous. Look at this, yeah, burgenstock. Yeah, I know this is your favorite romain. It is the Arizona Sandal. Yeah, you've a whole closet full of them. I know you wearn with socks. That's weird with a bow tie.
Speaker 1: The other day, I you know, I was, you know, we had to go to a graduation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my son, my teenage sign of course, he only brought sweatpants for some reason.
Speaker 4: He wasn't the one graduating, was it.
Speaker 1: My wife took them to the mall to get something. He came back with Bergen socks.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So that's the ultimate signal that maybe they are cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're good against.
Speaker 4: And they could for your feet. Shares up today it impact sweatpants by more.
Speaker 3: Than nineteen percent, the most going back to April of twenty twenty five. The company entered two hundred fifty million dollar accelerated sherry purchase agreement with Goldman Sachserman.
Speaker 4: I know, we got some other earnings crossing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take a look at take too.
Speaker 5: Of course, kind of the backbone of a lot of the Internet and the video that you watch here. The company saying that in its most recent quarter it did see netbookings of about one point five eight billion. The street was looking for about one point five to seven. So we'll call that a match, if you will, for what the street was looking for. But the shares are moving lower here, and it does appear to have to do with the forecast. The company says netbookings for the current quarter that we're in one point three to two to one point three seven billion, that's well below street estimates. The street was looking for one point five to seven. The company also says that just ADPs in the current quarter will be twenty five cents to thirty five cents, which also looks like it might be a touchlight as well. The company also providing guidance for the full year, but it's a similar story. Netbookings for the full year eight billion to eight point two billion. The street was looking for nine point one so very below estimates here on some of these key numbers.
Speaker 3: Well Zoom shares shooting iron the after hours, up by more than three percent right now. The company boosted its fiscal year revenue forecast. It beat estimates first quarter adjusted innings per share also came in above estimates at dollar fifty five. The company c second quarter revenue one point twenty seven billion to two to one point two seven billion dollars. That's just smack in line with estimates. Fiscally your revenue. The outloo that's looking at earnings excuse me, fisically, you're adjusted earnings per share of five dollars and ninety six cents to six dollars. That's what has investors excited. It saw five seventy seven to five eighty one once again, shares of Zoom Communications up right now by just about three point nine percent.
Speaker 5: Decker shares oscillating between gains and losses in the after hour. As Tree, this is the company behind Ugg and Hokah shoes. Their fourth quarter net sales did actually rise here and did actually beat estimates, up about nine point six percent year over year to one point one two billion. The street was looking for one point eight billion EPs coming in and ninety six cents of share, which is slightly lower than what it was a year ago. Here I have to look for the comp but on an operating income basis, it does appear that they beat one fifty six million the street was looking for one thirty six million a year. We'll dive a little bit deeper into that there, but you can see the shares trying to get back into the green.
Speaker 6: I'm interested to hear what Doom will say and the earnings call, because they're now really amping up their use of AI and I feel like even in today's world, we been six years over the pandemic, people are still using zoom a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's interesting to get a read here on the consumer when you look at Decker's Outdoor as we continue to kind of understand the ke shaped economy. We saw Walmart really selling off Ralph Lauren beating estimates here, and then Decker's Outdoor kind of right in the middle there and gaining.
Speaker 1: So a bright spot at least for the consumer, did you Ralph Lauren?
Speaker 5: I thought their conference call was interesting beause they talked a lot and they said, look, basically, and I'm paraphrasing here, basically said our customers.
Speaker 1: Are rich and they're going to write y right. That's a paraphrase, So please don't anybody to.
Speaker 2: Try to correctly this stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day. For the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.