Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's John Tucker on the morning after Nvidia earnings. The biggest gainers, all of a sudden, John, are in the quantum computing space in a big way. After this Wall Street Journal report on quantum computing getting a big boost from the US government.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Yeah, We've been down this road before, haven't we. The government taken in equity stake companies. The Trump administration awarding two billion dollars in grants to nine computing companies quantum computing companies deals that include the government equity stakes. The Department has agreed to give a billion dollars of this package to armank based IBM. Which isn't the race to build computers that use quantum mechanics more precisely, quantum entanglement to solve problems much faster With Albert Einstein referred to as spooky action at a distance. We could do a whole show on.
Speaker 1: That by the way, Yeah, we really could. I'm fascinated by the quantum space because I don't understand it. What I do understand a little bit better is the retail space, because I think just about everybody's been to a Walmart at some point. We're waiting for their earnings, aren't we, John.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the world's largest retailer. They're expecting a few minutes of report to earnings of sixty six cents per share a revenue of about one hundred and seventy five billion. They've been generating strong sales in recent years with a focus on value and convenience, and of course it's viewed as an economic barometer. Instly going to be looking for Walmart's view on inflation and the health of the consumer. The Bloomberg consensus calling for total comp sales when you strip out gasoline of about three point eighty five percent. It's going to be, also, Nathan, interesting to see if Walmart is better position to navigate some of the economic hurdles was seeing because of the inroads they made with the wealthier consumers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's talk about in Nvidia. We got their earnings. Another beat, another rais and another shrug.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, after all the build up, I feel like, you know, investors are kind of going hull home. Maybe it was overshadowed by the SpaceX IPO announcement anyway, in Vidia beating estimates, announcing the buyback, raising the dividend. Jensen Wong warning of supply chain constraints as well. The spending has continued to surge from the hyperscalers, the large data center clients, but the company right now is trying to highlight the fact that it's diversifying Jensen Wong seven. The conference called that the physical AI will bring in huge new opportunities in the form of robots and automated vehicles.
Speaker 1: This morning we got earnings from Deer. Looks like they came in with some pretty decent results.
Speaker 3: Tony, Yeah, I'll call this another Bell Weather, the top maker of farm machinery. The highlight here a Deer reaffirming its annual profit outlook. They said gains in construction and forestry did help to offset a still slumping agricultural economy. Fuel and fertilizer prices, of course, they're elevated because of the war in Iran, and that's limiting the spending power of farmers. They estimate annual net income between four and a half and five billion, steady with the outlook that they delivered in February. Iconic yellow and green tractors Yeah, considered a bell weather of the American economy.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.