Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Gross, Welcome to the show. It is Tuday, two day Tuesdays. You're looking live at a shiny and sunny Tostitos Championship clause outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, where it is eighty four degrees. The hoihiday is ninety. The low tonight is sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm gonna do it in the second. All I know is that damn that than your Newton was a show before us for us.
Speaker 3: I got my boy, your boy, my boy.
Speaker 4: He did the ar AARP show before us, didn't send the text, didn't send the tweet, didn't send the picture of nothing, And now he's not present for our show.
Speaker 3: That's highly, highly out of character for him.
Speaker 5: Can I talk in his response?
Speaker 3: I rebuttal this sure.
Speaker 4: First of if you can to rebuttal, move the mic away from your mouth.
Speaker 3: Diaria, can I rebuttal Yes, you're just it could be that one word DIARIEA.
Speaker 5: Okay, something like this.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: So I saw him in the hall and he had a function that he's doing for probably more than ten dollars. He's getting paid on this show down the hall. So he's gonna be here late today. So the reason why he did the other show because he knows there was an empty seat, because Everson was.
Speaker 3: Out hey getting that money, Nate trying to get that money.
Speaker 4: He is hit that bag man.
Speaker 5: He even called the Big Boss and told him, Hey, man, I'm gonnay, they have an extra seat.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna jump on this show real quick. They tree triple dipping man. But this is Shannon, He is Kurt in the back speaking for Nate. This is Chris Bean Am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the boys the sports talk equivalent and broil people us when we speak.
Speaker 3: Brought you each and every day by Wing Stop where Flavorite gets it.
Speaker 4: Weez double dipping tripled man, hundred percent.
Speaker 3: The sa Jesse wouldn't have even called the Boss, not on that show. He wouldn't have jumped in.
Speaker 4: That I would have jumped well for money for money. I do things for money, things money for money. I don't think they have enough money. Boy, as Jerry Jones said, you never seen anybody. What do you say?
Speaker 3: They asked him. They asked him this morning on one O five three if there was ever any animosity during contracts or contract talks. Did players ever get their feelings hurt and just be like I'm out of here, I'm going, And he said, I've never something to the effact, I've never seen a feeling.
Speaker 4: That money couldn't couldn't It's absolutely right, right because for the right price, I'll go on that show for us and sit there happily.
Speaker 3: You know what's sad, what's really sad is when you talk about that big of money, right, what was it too? Was it to forty two folded two twenty guaranteed to thirty one guaranteed? And you start thinking about like just one million here they are like fifty nine million to sixty really doesn't seem like that much. And then you step back and you go, what did I just really, what did what has football done to my brain? Because dollars a million dollars is like, you know what, it's not that big of you. Just say him, and then you step back and you go. It will take me, you know, five to ten years of my adult life if I'm lucky, and maybe some side gigs and trailer park trips.
Speaker 6: To park.
Speaker 4: Trailer park will take that money.
Speaker 3: Die up by fixing the wheels on the way in.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you fixing them and breaking them right back down again. I'm telling y'allmom them Wingstop uh super Bowl packs, and I got to bring to the trailer park chip.
Speaker 3: By the way, I ordered Wingstop delivery for the early games Sunday.
Speaker 6: And it was delicious.
Speaker 3: The Cowboy flavor is backing kicking again this year. You want to know how much that is per day? Yeah, that's contract? Make me, oh, his contract per day per day? So two hundred and forty divided by for the next four years, right per day? How much one hundred and sixty four thousand, three hundred and eighty three dollars per day per day. All he has to do is wake up to get that checked. God, just wake up and it's in the bank. Good morning, changed morning, Wow, amazing, amazing. So let's talk about that.
Speaker 4: I was in the.
Speaker 6: Talent.
Speaker 7: I was, I was in the I was listen, I had you only would have beat that guy to the corner.
Speaker 3: Kurt used that we word.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was, I had my head on straight. I was in the right business. I was in the lane. I just was too slow.
Speaker 3: One of us was in the right business.
Speaker 4: He's not here, not here triple dipping.
Speaker 8: Why the one guy doesn't need to triple dip?
Speaker 3: I want, I wonder, I wonder if we should we need to ask him this if he shows up in time for the show. If he I'm pretty sure I know what his answer is going to be. But does he ever get not jealous isn't the right word, But is he ever envious that he didn't come up in the time of Yeah, like you know, I am. They did all right, you know they did okay. But like, if he was playing now he can you imagine the bag that he would get. He wouldn't be triple dipping on a podcast.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't even be here.
Speaker 3: No, he would not even count his money on a motorcycle or something.
Speaker 6: Somewhere he was.
Speaker 5: He'd still be here.
Speaker 4: He'll probably still be here. Probably I was salty. I was salty this past weekend. I'm back in Chapel Hill, and the kids are on the floor are making.
Speaker 8: Sick like they're making serious.
Speaker 4: They're making six figures. The starting point guard for the North Carolina tar Hills R. J. Davis, he's probably making two million dollars this season. Two million plus.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm like, I'm I was he I know he would be because I'm salty. I'm like, I would have been a two sport athlete in the n I l era.
Speaker 5: Oh man, you didn't how many commercials you'd be doing.
Speaker 4: It would have been bad, though, I'm gonna be honest with you. It would not have been good for me.
Speaker 3: You weren't ready. You weren't ready for that money.
Speaker 6: I was not ready. I was not ready.
Speaker 7: Good question.
Speaker 3: Some people are.
Speaker 4: I had the little one hundred dollars handsakes, and I had you know, my grandmother left me and you know a little piece of change when she passed away, God rest her soul.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: And that that had me acting a little funny. That had me with my nose up in the air. Could you imagine?
Speaker 3: No, I can't.
Speaker 4: If I was walking around and i'm I would have been telling those coaches, I would tell I'm sorry, we're score a moment I told my coach, went on shout out to coach Gunnar Brewer. I told him my coach one time my freshman year, I've established nothing. I am nothing, and I graded out fifty percent in the game prior to and he's going off of me, going off on me in this meeting because I get to play right, I get to play wrong. I get it play right, I get it play wrong. It was like fifty percent I graded out. And he's like, he's yelling at me, and he's like, you know, if you're gonna play here at this program, no, no, you gotta get in your book. You gotta get the bleep beep stuff right. My response, as a freshman who didn't establish yourself, who was nothing thing was well, it's your job that if I mess up them every other play, you should take me out. And he said, I'll sit you on the bench for the rest of the year. And like we were going back and forth. Can you imagine if you to me that I was making one point something million dollars, I'm like, coach, I make more bread than you. Figure it out. We got the Triple Dipper, scared the triple, We got the Triple Dipper.
Speaker 3: I got a little.
Speaker 4: Black a big black man. You know. I like that, but yeah, I wasn't ready for that.
Speaker 8: The coaches like you said, kids cancer making as much.
Speaker 3: Welcome to show. Now, Oh you don't want to talk today? He talked too much on the last horse, all the vocal cords that you talk.
Speaker 4: To day and it's a triple dipper. You go talk today, mister triple dipper.
Speaker 6: I imagine want to be quiet this first, this first segment man talking.
Speaker 3: Yes, you got some splaining to do. We already got fieled in.
Speaker 6: I tried to help.
Speaker 3: You were triple dipping today. That's fine, we would.
Speaker 6: I just I'm not even gonna get paid for that show. I didn't. I didn't even last a hot second, that's what she said. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You notice he got in here before the fifteen minute deadline.
Speaker 4: That's why it's a good idea.
Speaker 10: Though.
Speaker 4: Look, that's why he didn't want That's why he didn't want Christ to set a tone yesterday. Let me I got to think happened in tomorrow. Let me let Chris not set of total.
Speaker 6: So that way I was happy. Wow, you do good today. I'm great, fellas, I'm great man. So what were you all talking about you.
Speaker 3: Actually have talked almost zero football eleven minutes.
Speaker 8: Talking about would you have wanted to play in this era?
Speaker 3: No, No, that's not what we said. We said we wonder if you're a little envious sometimes that Oh not me, not me. I knew that was gonna be the man them guys, Man, make it, make it all.
Speaker 6: You just earn it.
Speaker 3: You ever want her though, Just like if I was playing today, I would buy this kind of motors cycle and I would go on this trip and I would do this, and I would do that, and I would.
Speaker 6: I'd be like, man, I'll buy me a rocket ship. I would get that fast. I would get that faster. Man, as long as I could just be close to the ground. I don't want to be up there. I don't want to be close to the ground.
Speaker 3: Rocket ship that go as hard as I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they questioned, if you be doing this show, if you were making all that money, yes, you probably would be.
Speaker 6: Yes. So well, one thing mister Jones told us some time. We had a meeting with him, and he said, uh, you can never make enough money. It's just how you use the money. You know, are you going to help a few people are you gonna, uh, you know, do some things that's worthwhile and it's just how you're gonna use the money. Yeah, you can never make enough money. I mean as long as you don't make that your your number one goal.
Speaker 4: In life, you know, your idol.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go. Thank you. No long make it your idol.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: If a brother need a little help, you know, like you know, buy the real T shirt so you know what that type of T shirt on the show.
Speaker 4: T shirts target shirts.
Speaker 6: I gonna make him say, what's row with this?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 6: Just give what's wrong with I like that. I love that.
Speaker 3: So Marrow of the story is, if you see Nate walking around the Star and you're out here taking a tour out on the plaza, just pull a twenty out of you pocket and give it to him and get a picture with him. Because he does stuff for money. You're trying to give me your trying to give me your never get enough money.
Speaker 8: You have to name names. Did you did you play with guys that you knew they were just in it for the money, Yes.
Speaker 6: It was. Schools had that label when I when I played Texas, Florida Orda Dame, they had that label.
Speaker 8: Guys coming out of there.
Speaker 6: Yeah. The coaches were scouts were like, okay, once we get him here once, you know, once we get him here and get him signed, will football be his first problem already? Yeah? You know, the great late Al Davis was big on that. He was big on it. You know, he didn't mind paying you once you proved who you were, but he was he was always nervous about once we paid this guy, will that be it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: Because we used to get paid on the front end. Rookies used to get paid on the front end back in the day. It one no Saturday cap on the on the rookie scale. He used to get paid on the front end of the first three rounds.
Speaker 3: Chris Brooke did a nice job of breaking down Dak's contract on how much he's gonna make per day over the next four years per day when he gets out of bed A hundred was it? One hundred and sixty four one.
Speaker 6: Hundred and sixty four thousand, three hundred and three dollars? That's great, And he gave a lot of that. He gave not a lot of it, but he gave tackle Tomorrow with y'all's nave. He gave a big donation other than last night. Yeah for him. Saw my boy at tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to hang out for a minute.
Speaker 6: He tried to embarrass me.
Speaker 10: How is that?
Speaker 6: How is that embarrassing? Hey? This is Shannon Gross. He's our guy, because.
Speaker 3: Nate, You're a three time super Bowl champion and I'm standing at a table with you with a bunch of strangers, and you go, do you know Shannon Gross, the host of I'm like, they don't know, they don't know who I am. The watch show, Hut watch us by the way, shout out to uh, by the way, a guy last night? Yeah, Aaron, Aaron, he's a dyslexia therapist here in the Plane Frisco area. He walked up, saw me, walked up to me, and we went talked to Nate for a minute and he dude, he was so excited. He was like, y'all get me through my day. He was like, I listened every single day. He's like, I go back and listen to it on his lunch break. Shout out a a Ron, good seeing you last night.
Speaker 4: I money to tap into that dyslexia therapy. Yeah, you know, I just can't never be too you know, I'll talk, we'll talk Aaron.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hit him up on Twitter that mister fourth and long DM. He like he takes dms and money for thanks. All right, well, I'll be right back. We'll talk to football finally on the seventeenth or eighteen minute of the show. We'll be right back hanging with the boys.
Speaker 9: How's Wingstop sound? Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed in those eleven soul satisfying flavors, paired with handcut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you.
Speaker 4: Know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan.
Speaker 1: Of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: If they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 4: Prescoct's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve GUACAMOLEI made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yoki Hero's wide range.
Speaker 10: Of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 4: Grab some today.
Speaker 3: Back to hanging with the bulls. Welcome back to the show. The second segment brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot Com. Let me go ahead and tell you about seven eleven.
Speaker 8: Kurt tell me.
Speaker 3: Seven eleven is teaming up with Fanatics to give you you the chance to be a VIP at next year's Fanatics Fest. From now until October twenty nine, use the seven Rewards app at checkout to be entered for a chance to win when picking up products like Slurpy, Big Gulf and Tiketos. No purchase necessary terms apply. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Get that those money off that gas too.
Speaker 6: That's right, get that bell gold.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm eleven cents then I'm eleven since off the gallery. Really yeah, Man'm about seven eleven.
Speaker 3: Out Go to seve eleven. Download it now.
Speaker 4: I always pump at pump eight it, just like you're no matter what, always if it's full. I wait, really, I always pump at pump it. I cannot get gas unless I'm like about to break down. I pump at pump eight and I can only end on like the number being zero, like the last like, oh you gotta I can't do twenty oh one. I gotta do twenty zero zero, ten zero zero, forty zero zero, sixty zero zero, like I'll keep pumping gas until I get to it.
Speaker 3: Because you got that's hard to hit. Yeah, so you'll keep going, so you'll put another dollar in. I have to and just hope you don't.
Speaker 4: If I have to, if I even fill a little gas on the ground.
Speaker 3: Wow, I just I would wrong with you.
Speaker 8: Why what's the eight?
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorite numbers represents Kobe. I've always stop being driving, like eighteen years old. I'm always pumped and pump number eight. Wow, I don't know. It's weird because three.
Speaker 5: Pumps is a flag.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: You didn't get that one, did you. I didn't a flag.
Speaker 3: I don't get that one either.
Speaker 7: I'll send it to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh three pumps of the flag, yeah right, remember remember von Miller?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the third pump?
Speaker 4: Two pumps. Yeah, that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: Took us a little while.
Speaker 7: We got it.
Speaker 6: We're there.
Speaker 3: It was funny when it landed. Yeah, we're gonna take some phone calls in the last segment eight seven seven what is it?
Speaker 6: Eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 3: There you go, call us, callus. We'd love to hear from you. It's been a while since we've done Victory Tuesday phone calls. All right, Dak's contract. Did they have to do it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, they had to do it.
Speaker 6: Had no choice, Yeah, no choice.
Speaker 3: I had to do it.
Speaker 4: Can I spend that? Can I spend that conversation?
Speaker 6: Sure? Spend it?
Speaker 3: Are you just gonna say? Look around the league at the.
Speaker 10: Walk?
Speaker 4: They had to do the deal right, And honestly, the deal was set up to be done this way anyway, like when they did the deal prior to when you came to this number, you were never going to sit here and just eat this number and then eat the forty million dollars and let him walk away next year. It was always designed to set up in this manner. The hope was that we got something significant as far as playoff success that made getting to this point a lot easier to deal with. They didn't, but such as life because you knew how it was set up, no trade claws, no franchise tag, and then in the large number that was going to be old at the end of it. Most contracts are built that when we get to this number, the hope says that we can go ahead and extend it, which will always Even though he got more money, it brought the cap number down, So it was always designed for for this process. My question that I wanted to spend it on it is now that the money has been paid for him for CD, what is a reasonable ROI on this contract?
Speaker 11: Is it.
Speaker 4: Continue to keep us competitive and win?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 4: What would satisfy you?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: I know we say super Bowl? Right, That's that's every team's league, that's every team's goal. But if let's just say, at the end of this four years, Dak and the Cowboys had a San Francisco run, really good regular season, deep playoff run, an NFC championship, an NFC appearance, and a Super Bowl appearance, what'd you say at the end of that for two hundred and forty million, eighty million dollars signing bonus two hundred thirty million dollars guaranteed, would you be satisfied with that? Saying that money that was paid to Dak. I'm okay getting to the super Bowl like San Francisco, Like I have the kind of run like that, not winning it, but getting to their winning an NFC championship and appears an NFC championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what that defy? As for me as a fan, yes, because you got us to where we haven't been since the nineties. As a player. For him, I don't think he's ever going to be condued not.
Speaker 4: Talking about him now from talking about him, talking about where you sit today and where you sit and do you think the jones Is will quantify that as worth the money was worth paying him for that.
Speaker 3: I mean when you put it like that, if you would have just before you said it like San Francisco, and then I think like, oh, yeah, that was a hell of They've had a hell of a you know, recent history.
Speaker 4: I mean they'd done everything just about except when the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I would say, yeah, but if if you would have just said, if you'd just stopped before you said like San Francisco, I would have been like super Bowl, super Bowl. But putting it like that, I knowing what I've looked at, and Nate's already shaking his head. Been around for as long as I have and seeing what I've seen, I would absolutely take that. It's kind of like the Rangers when you live the Rangers getting there and being so close and all that, like that was worth whatever at that time. Now you wanted to win the big one and finally they did. But yeah, I would take that.
Speaker 4: People watching on YouTube put it in the chat what like what what Nate? What would would that be with.
Speaker 6: The automatically if they get to the NFC Championship game. Now you're building something and now that's good. That's good. That's that's great. That's great, you know, and that's bottom line. But are you?
Speaker 7: But are you?
Speaker 6: I will be more than I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: It's great, it's satisfying, But are you missing the window with Dak? Because you're not missing the window because he's here.
Speaker 6: He's here. If Dak was not on this team and it ain't no twelve wins, yeah, it ain't no a shot at a first round in the playoffs. I'm talking about uh first round by it ain't no shot at home field advantage without Dak. So I mean, when nobody hurt, like all of us was with Green Bay, Dak get us to the NFC Championship game. Now, one thing I do not ever gonna agree with, and it ain't gonna never be down with and if you get to the super Bowl, it ain't no aing else you win, you just stay at the NFC Championship game because I ain't going for the losing of the Super Bowl. That no, no, no, That's where I will stand on the table, like, man, you messed this thing up, Kurt.
Speaker 8: I agree.
Speaker 11: I think that this is gonna be a good deal. And I think you know, if he's meeting the playoffs, is he's still compete for MVP that kind of stuff, then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but where are the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, well he needs to win.
Speaker 4: If the first round, you know, first or second round exited each and every year for the next four or five years, would you consider that or are you one on the lines of this has to be kind of a San Francisco run.
Speaker 8: Right, it has to be a San Francisco run.
Speaker 6: But I think that Francisco run, well, they got to.
Speaker 11: Reach they got to reach the championship game. They've got to reach the that's the next step run. He has to win in the playoffs, and they've got the window. I mean the windows to me is it's wide open now. I mean, your core is young, and they've got him under. You know, they've got digs twenty five Prescott, he's under the next four years, lamb.
Speaker 8: He's want to know, but he's he's in that age of the course is his prime contract.
Speaker 11: I meant he made two cooks that first touchdown. That's a veteran quarterback movie. A guy that knows the system and knows how to play the game. He wasn't doing that when he was, you know, five years ago.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 11: There is that window now and I think that they've got the opportunity to be good for several years now. But he's got to take them deep.
Speaker 8: Chris be.
Speaker 3: Yea Jesse were having show to worry about it?
Speaker 4: For me, yes, super Bowl is always the aspiration, right like so, but yeah, I think if if, if he if he takes this team, because I said this, I don't know, a week or so go off. Sometimes, you know, guys, I do a lot of I do a lot of double dipping as well. Sometimes I forget where I do my double dipping. That and what I said though, double dip sometimes that is a good thing. Well damn, I just forgot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a good thing as long as you get that is true.
Speaker 4: No, but but oh, I know I know what I want to say, Well, because he is I said to the other day, he is paid. He's paying for the back taxes. So if he finished his things out, and he kind of because we kept talking about the standard, right, what is the Cowboys standard? And I'm like, the standard can't be what it was in the nineties anymore like that, Like, I'm sorry, We're far too long separated from that standard. So I think if he gets it's back to if he has a San Fran run, an NFC championship appears, an NFC championship appears, entitle and then the loss in the Super Bowl. I think while it's devastating, while it's devastating, I can look at that and go, he looked up to that money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 11: You gotta remember too that one by the end of this deal, will he even be top ten paid quarterback. It's going to keep top ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he'll still be toping, sir, But he's I mean, because no one's legal. The only the only guy that's really up for the next deal is c J. Strout, c J. Stroud. And then whenever Patrick Mahomes decided to go and say, you know what, guys, it's Tuesday. I think you guys need to redo my deal today. Like he's like, other than that, you look around the league, there isn't any you know, Herbert's paid, Hurts is paid, Burroughs.
Speaker 6: Paid, and they regret that, Jacksonville paid, Lawrence is paid.
Speaker 4: Who else we got in the commerce and Aaron Rodgers will be doing the Oscar wat I saw in a year or so, so we're not. He's not in that conversation. Calen Williams is a rookie.
Speaker 8: So that maybe retired. I mean yeah, so he's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he'll still be the top ten for sure, top five maybe, But dealing was up to CJ. Stroud And and then, like I said, whenever pats my home, decide I want more money.
Speaker 8: The other part of it too.
Speaker 11: And I didn't realize this was like when he signed in twenty twenty one, his percentage cap is like twenty two percent of the Cowboys cap was on him. They're projecting that in two years the salary cap will be three hundred and thirty million. At that point, at that point, he'll only be eighteen percent of the cap. Yeah, you know, still going to have room.
Speaker 6: To you know what fellas what just imagine if you was so good at whatever you did, that you were so good at whatever you did, Like Jesse said to day Tuesday, you know what, Kansas City, I want to be paid, and I want to be paid now.
Speaker 3: It ain't then you can do pick the phone up, be like hey, guys, Pat Wills get paid.
Speaker 4: Honestly, if they're honest with themselves, they're writing drafts right now anticipating that Tuesday phone call, Like, hey gods, they right now. Every every time the money's in that scrow, every time, every time a new deal get done, they scratch that off and right and write whatever supersedes that.
Speaker 3: Did speak it of. Do you think this team is looking at Micah's contract already have to and figuring out like, okay, we can't afford this guy for this year. This guy's gotta go, and we got to get younger here.
Speaker 7: We gotta do this.
Speaker 4: Because what's interesting in this deal, this new DAK deal, they free like thirty something million dollars up in salary cap space. Now, the question that people have asked is, well, why not do that in February March? So now I have thirty million dollars to kind of spread apart across the thing. Well, looking forward, you have the Michael Parsons contract that's cut, that is on the way. But also a large majority of this current roster are on the final years of their deal coincidence, So no, it's it's this. I will say this is probably the one time they did it right because looking in the future, is I got my quarterback locked up, I got my receiver locked up, my offensive linemen they're young. We're going to pay Michael Parsons the biggest defensive contract in NFL.
Speaker 6: That is happening.
Speaker 4: That is happening.
Speaker 6: That is happening.
Speaker 4: So now it's all right, we now do we gotta either going to re sign some of these guys or have a little bit more wriggle room to do some other things, because of course there's always switches and escalators and all these contracts. We can go, oh free up to five million, ten million, and now we got fifty five million dollars.
Speaker 6: So I get it.
Speaker 4: They're they're planning for the future. And to courch point is that windows staying open is locked up, CD locked up, DAK will lock up MICAEH. Now I got forty fifty million dollars in cap space after it's all said and done, now I can go and start. Maybe, you know, maybe maybe Jerry was saying all in and advance to twenty twenty five. Maybe he was speaking into existence because he'll have enough bread in twenty twenty five if he wants to go really go all in and bring some some premiere free agents.
Speaker 6: It's really fun.
Speaker 5: It's really fun to go look at the salar cap rankings this year for quarterback because you look at it, it's like Kyler Murray forty nine million, Daniel Jones forty seven million, Stafford forty six, and then dak at forty three, right, and then Mahomes is at like thirty seven. Right, So then you flip over to twenty twenty five and it's now Prescott eighty nine million cap hit next year. Okay, Watson's at seventy two million next year, we just saw him. Is that worth it?
Speaker 4: Broken?
Speaker 5: Then Mahomes is that sixty six million next year, Josh Allen is sixty and then Tua is at fifty nine.
Speaker 3: So that's the top five for next year.
Speaker 5: But it's just it's crazy how it's just escalated basically times two from this year to next year.
Speaker 3: What was your what's your before we go to break real quick? What was your ROI on deck that you would be money well spent.
Speaker 5: I mean, you gotta at least take us to the Bowl. I mean, honestly, I don't know. I don't care about the whole winning thing. I do want to win it.
Speaker 6: If you go to the Bowl, we got to win it, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean every time we win anyways, you beat up at the so man, I think that that has to be. I think that's why Jerry does this deal. Yeah, you know, I mean this is his quarterback. He did say he's eighty one years old, and this is his.
Speaker 7: This is his quarterback.
Speaker 6: You want to know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how crazy this is, but I looked this up. I was talking about this with somebody over the weekend watching football, and I looked it up. I was like, that's kind of crazy. There's only four quarterbacks in the NFL that have won a Super Bowl, four active starters, and there's only one in the NFC. Stafford, I don't remember. Stafford's only one. And then you got what.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers yep, Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson yep.
Speaker 3: And Russell's not I don't even think he's starting this week, So there's only two head coaches in the NFC has won a Super Bowl. That's more believable to me than quarterback macarthy and saw McVay.
Speaker 6: Wow, semi vay hurting right now? That roll great?
Speaker 3: Love it all right, We'll be right back last mc eight eight eight eight five five. So callis we'll talk to you on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named a twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 9: How's wingstop sound christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven souls satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop ranch and of course, spicy Cajun fried corn i think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 10: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys, your heroes. Wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 4: Grab some today.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 2: Snapped the Presscott who looks right, It's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you every day by Jigsaul, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboy Chris. Is there anyone on the phone?
Speaker 7: Negative?
Speaker 4: What's old computer?
Speaker 6: You can call me in and say, put a world world blocked out?
Speaker 3: Man, I guess we're gonna have to talk about football, Okay, all right. I did appreciate Jerry's response today on when they asked him if they were ready to work on michaeh if they were already to work on Micah's contract, and he said something to the effect of, appreciate you asking, but I'm not going to answer that directly. So here's my for people that don't live in the area.
Speaker 6: You should.
Speaker 3: You should definitely listen to mister Jones when he's on the radio on Tuesdays.
Speaker 4: I'm not promoting that never man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not my show.
Speaker 3: You can get on the app. Yeah, I'm not the flag Ship station. As long as it doesn't conflict with any of our shows. You're allowed to listen. We'll give you a pass hanging with the boys. So, all right, Ferguson's jury, how bad is it? Do you think he's gonna be back?
Speaker 8: Looked bad? I didn't. I'm just glad he's not out for the year after year.
Speaker 3: No news, right, nothing new on that front.
Speaker 4: Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones when asked about it, sound very Optimistice we even optimistic enough. And maybe they're playing, you know, playing koy or just trying to play the whole. You know, don't less, you don't show your hand for Sunday's game.
Speaker 3: Don't show your hand, but make sure you put him on the injury report.
Speaker 6: How to do that?
Speaker 4: You don't want that, fine, No, no, you don't want that.
Speaker 6: Fine.
Speaker 4: But they're like, you know, miss time. He may not miss Sunday. Right, So he's in good hands, our boy, Britt Brown. It's gonna take care of him, Jim Mauer, Greg, They're all gonna take care of them.
Speaker 3: Down at the put that mister Miagi hands on him Bridge, get him right.
Speaker 8: How big an adjustment is that if he's a big.
Speaker 4: Cute I mean, you you lose your vertical threat. You lose the ability now to hold that safety in the middle of the field. You lose that ability to have another playmaker where you can get the ball to him quickly and he can make plays. You lose your attitude. I think Jake Ferguson is a guy who brings attitude, who brings that dog and man, I don't think there's a I think there's really good players on the offensive side. I think they lack dogs, Like I think they lack people who would like punch you in the face, like outside of uniform, you know what I'm saying, Like, I think they lack that. I think ferg with his playmakeability but also gonna be a dude that Like.
Speaker 3: We knew that the first time we talked to him on that show.
Speaker 8: When you said, ruins your vertical game? Are you talking? He's not going vertical, but he's taking that middle.
Speaker 4: Because if I want to go up the sidelines, I also want to do something either quarterback with my eyes with holding those safeties in the middle of the field. I want to be able to look look them off to make them maintain that their their integrity towards the middle of the field, so that I can now reach the outside, or I want to send a vertical threat up the middle of the field where now they have to play while they may have from hash to sideline, you know, hash to sidelines, put the field down the middle or quarter coverage or half field coverage or whatever it is. I want to make sure that they're occupied and be honest with you running down the middle of the field. Span Ford what's his name? Span Ford Forward? Span Or or or Luke school Maker. If I'm gonna say, you don't scare me, because because when we watch film this week about pass past games, when you come out on the field, nothing about what you do says vertical. Not saying that you can't hit his vertical, but a defensive coature. Go listen when when Schoolmakers in the game start cheating more towards that sideline, and if he beats it down the field the first time, that's on me. That one's on coach and we'll adjust from there. He's played some tight end, he's played. But again, same thing with Lifkey. I'm gonna take my chances until you prove to me that you're willing to throw one of them ear hole shots, you know, right off the ear hold of the linebacker. Coming out the middle of the field or the safety until you show me that you're willing to let that ball fly. Because Lipky can run it, that don't mean he gonna have the ability to turn adjust, use his hands. He might mess around and you know, show the pads all big and clunky. He can't get his head all the way around. Next thing you know, ball hit him in the head, pop up, safety intercepted it, or he puts a hand up and try to get it because he's just not used to playing in that much space and now to safety interception. So losing Ferd will definitely hurt what you want to do vertically in the offense.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna lose it, though. Don't don't say his name, Kurt, all right, we have a call before we have it, before we go to our call. Were you surprised to see your your boy on uh special teams?
Speaker 6: Deuce No, No, did a good job. When one of the punk returns to locking, he blocked the dude. I'm like, wow, man, little man was up in it bro doing this thing.
Speaker 3: I think they'll use it more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're gonna have to, because if he can't do special teams, he don't dress him. Bottom line, we got three backs, don't you know? So he gotta do special.
Speaker 4: Let's go see them.
Speaker 8: He played two offensive snaps and eight special. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think they're gonna they need more snaps from him if he's going to be active, I would think.
Speaker 6: Now, because they got a lot of dudes that play defense. They do nothing but special teams, you know. So I mean you can't because he's especially if he can get to you know, get on what three of them, Jess? Yeah, if he can get on three of them, yeah out. But if he run around now on two of him, yeah, get him snapped. Somebody else?
Speaker 3: Is today the player's day off?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, good because I was gonna break some news on the show because I saw a player at the gas station about nine o'clock this morning. I was like, should be Can I tell him? I tell him what I walked into ahead, So I walked in the back door to get my badge, and Jesse's waiting at the counter. I'm like, what was he doing? He just he must be just hanging out being nice. Jesse talking to the security guard and he's standing there and she's flipping through trying to find his media badge, and she turned around with this book he had. He had to sign in as a guest today. A former player in his own building had to sign in as a guest today because he forgot his ID.
Speaker 4: I appreciate her.
Speaker 8: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: I appreciate her keeping his building safe.
Speaker 3: I was like, Jesse, you can't go get lunch now.
Speaker 4: No, I still went it. I still got it once. So once I got past that door, tell you something like she she she did a great job. I totally understand her doing her job.
Speaker 6: I hear you.
Speaker 4: But the show would have been starting out of black Listen.
Speaker 3: Man, come catch me, bring the book to.
Speaker 6: Tell them to come down here.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a call before we get out of here. Who we got Chris Raphael and Georgia Raphael. What's up?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 12: What's up guys?
Speaker 3: How y'all doing great? How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm doing all right. I'm smiling like mate.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 12: I they got I found yesterday. May got tired of y'all took your headphones off right. I don't know if y'all remember me from back in the day when y'all was talking about we got to check that. You gotta check with this person. I called and said you check with my wife and find out about that.
Speaker 9: Mate.
Speaker 12: I just wanna let y'all know. I'm listen, listen, We all right, I'll listen. We all right. He gotta he got a chip on his shoulder, and I think I think I think the coach sees that. Let me ask you a questions, do y'all are y'all starting to see this little minute of what he had in Green Bay when he became the Super Bowl champion that year? And I'm gonna let y'all have it.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the call. What was the question? You're starting to see what the little what.
Speaker 9: I said?
Speaker 12: Do you think you're seeing a little bit of Green Bay when he won that championship in that year? He's talking about you.
Speaker 4: You're trying to keep that year five thing going on. I see you're trying to keep this thing rooted.
Speaker 6: I see what you Wait a.
Speaker 3: Minute, So we've had a three pump reference, a five pump reference, and an eight pump reference on the show.
Speaker 4: And all rooting plus five equals about to go play the pick six three five straight box.
Speaker 3: What what do you guys think about his question?
Speaker 4: It's convenient, yeah, it's but but honestly, no time at the president. Brother, you on you on your last leg around here? You you are, you are without a contract after Jill, last game that you play, that's it. And if you if you go on the super Bowl, you've guaranteed yourself job security for another four or five years. Oh yeah, if you have a first round exit, you've probably guaranteed yourself a change of address. So this is no time like this year should be no whole bars, it should be no holding back. I'm throwing caution to the win. I'm going forward on fourth down when I need to. I'm I'm I'm preparing like I've never prepared before, because you do have there is an opportunity. You know who you have to go through, right like that, That is a fact. You know who you got to go through, So why not them? Why not now?
Speaker 3: If not, you'll be I just hope that doing the podcast, I hope you're above five hundred by two or three games the entire year, because I don't want to have to come in here and talk about he's on the last year of his contract and the defense is balling out, and you know all those conversations like I hope they I hope they win and win convincingly throughout that you you're gonna lose games. But like, I hope that that doesn't wind up being the storyline this year because I don't.
Speaker 6: Want to come in here.
Speaker 8: Any chance they sign him.
Speaker 3: During the season.
Speaker 4: Hell no, they don't do it to the guys that actually they dragging out with those folks he got. Listen, if nobody got no negotiating power, is Mike McCarthy right now? He don't got no negotiating Jerry.
Speaker 3: They did ask him today like basically, what took so long? And he said, we just sometimes you just he wasn't talking about Dak, He was just in general. Sometimes you just need to see more. And then he reminded him, y'all remember some of those deals that didn't quite work out. Y'all were saying you needed to see more, Like that's that's the deal. So all right, fellas, good stuff. Thanks for showing up, Nate, Baby, I love you, Mike.
Speaker 6: Power, Mike, no matter, no matter.
Speaker 4: The garage, you weren't watching film.
Speaker 6: In the garage, Mike pumped three times. Baby, you are right, Freedom.
Speaker 3: Baby, Josh, thanks for keeping them company and keeping us all. Thank you on all the social channels. We will be back tomorrow.
Speaker 6: What are we doing tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Cowboys offense, no defense, you Cowboys defense.
Speaker 6: New Orleans Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Offense, Cowboys offense, New Orleans defense. Preview. The game right here has.
Speaker 6: Got the big Hey. They beat somebody on hanging with the boys. Hey hey.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club