Speaker 1: Colson Media. This is It could Happen here Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today I'm joined by Mia Wong, James Stout, and Robert Evans. Yes, this episode we are covering the week of July nine to July sixteen. What's going on, my boys and in some cases gals, and in some cases days that were its or whatever, And the answer for everyone is ed hooray in some cases my gals. I guess let's start by talking about Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: That's what we always do, Jepstein. Yeah, you know what, Garrison, I hear You've got some bars to drop about Epstein. Jesus all right, that's that's my work for the day.
Speaker 1: Brief brief summary. Previously on this show, we talked about how Patel and a Bungino, the head of the FBI, have previously come under fire from micro supporters for saying that Epstein really did kill himself. And this has kind of been bubbling in the base for a while because they used this as one of their main like campaign and podcast talking points for the past four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bongino was a huge.
Speaker 1: Elstein, I mean, and like Patel's like the QAnon guy, like he's both these guys have have made their careers the past four years like heavily about this topic, right, And now they are, you know, backtracking on a whole bunch of the previous you know claims or you know, just asking questions type stuff that they did the past few years. And like a week and a half ago, a memo from the Department of Justice announced that it was closing the investigation and claiming that there was no client list for Jeffrey Epstein, despite Pambondi herself boasting about having Epstein's client list on her desk only a few months ago. This caused a huge freakout in the mega world. There was conflicting reports that Bondi or Patel or Bungino might be resigning like in protest of this memo. A lot of like uncertainty over what was real. And then on July twelfth, Trump had to speak his own truth social okay quote, what's going on with my boys and in some cases gals, They're all going after Attorney General Pambondi's doing a fantastic job. We're on one team Mega and I don't like what's happening. We have a perfect administration, the talk of the world, and selfish people are trying to hurt it all over a guy who never dies, Jeffrey Epstein. For years, it's Epstein over and over again. Why are we giving publicity to files written by Obama, Crooked Hillary, Komy Brennan and the losers and criminals of the Biden administration who conned the world with the Russia RUSSA Russia hoax, fifty one intelligence agents, and the Laptop from Hell all caps. They created the Epstein files, just like they created the fake Hillary Clinton Christopher Steele dossier that they used on me. And now my so called friends and quotes are playing right into their hands. So this was right after claiming that the Epstein files did not exist, that these things are not actually real, and then Trump's talking about how they are real but they are in fact written by his enemies. Despite the most recent investigation into Jeffrey Epstein starting in twenty nineteen, when if you remember, Donald Trump was the president.
Speaker 3: Well Darson the defining political question of the modern areas, Who was president in twenty twenty, so I can see it moving back.
Speaker 2: There's no answer to this question, you know, we just can't. We don't know, we will never know. There's no way to prove it. Our records don't reach back that far. We just simply can't say who president was. The mists of time have shaded.
Speaker 1: So much of modern domestic politics is about confusion over who was president in twenty nineteen and twenty twenty when it was Donald Trump. He ends by saying, quote, let's not waste time and energy on Jeffrey Epstein. Somebody nobody cares about.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: So funny. You could tell he's so far gone too.
Speaker 2: He sounds scared because he never fully understood this stuff. Like there's things that he understands instinctually, and there's things that he never really got. And because he was Epstein's friend, he never really got why this was so central. He kind of got that it was, but he also kind of assumed, like, well, if I tell everyone to shut the fuck up, they will.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be fuck up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because that's how he's done things for the past like twelve years, and it's more often than not worked really well for him. But this has become such a load bearing aspect of like the maga self image, Like this is like, you know, this type of stuff is what drug QAnon essentially like a cult. And he never fully understood why QAnon was really a thing. He never like truly grasped it.
Speaker 2: That's why he never really he started more recently doing some QAnon signposting, but yeah, he clearly never fully got why it was happening. Yeah, like it was convenient.
Speaker 1: And now the monster that he and his you know, quote unquote friends have helped create all these years is starting to nibble on his own leg.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This past weekend, influencers like Tim Poole, Benny Johnson, and Charlie Kirk all started to kind of turn on Trump on a play a quick video from disgraced BuzzFeed writer Benny Johnson now right wing podcaster by.
Speaker 5: Admitting that the Epstein files are real and have been written, and that you've read them and you don't like their contents and they were written by your enemies. It doesn't make it doesn't make the most compelling case.
Speaker 1: As far as I'm concerned. Holy moly, holy moly, holy moly. You had to hear first. There was a lot of this stuff over the weekend, like this, this whole like podcasting Gohert, which which so many people, you know, credit to Trump's great success in twenty twenty four, all started asking questions and were kind of confused. I don't know why they would be. It's been very well documented that Trump was friends with Epstein for a long time, but this time this thing finally broke containment. Yeah. And when you have like fucking Charlie Kirk, someone who's basically like one of the GOP's like top narrative shepherds essentially, and when you have him like questioning the president's own story and credibility, that's like a pretty big shake up in the mega world.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not really explicable. There's no plausible deniability.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: I think for a long time this has been like the load bearing cognitive dissonance for this entire movement. And I actually do think when Elon first was just like he's in the files, I think that was the first moment that all these people were suddenly allowed to do this.
Speaker 1: That was the first domino. Definitely. Yeah, he cracked the shot on it.
Speaker 7: And I think that has like torn open this rift that has allowed all of these people who previously their cognate business has sustained them through a decade of like, yeah, of our dear rulers obviously friends with the pedophile life, I'll say.
Speaker 1: It, critical support.
Speaker 7: Even let them fight, Let them fight.
Speaker 1: So the next move that the geniuses of the Trump administration tried to pull to to settle things down was released the raw footage, the missing raw footage outside Jeffrey Epstein's sale, to finally finally close the book on this Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself moment, and they released it, and everyone realized, you know what, They're right, there's nothing more to look into here closed.
Speaker 2: We all rose up, as if with one voice to say, this doesn't seem suspicious.
Speaker 1: So Wired found that this quote unquote raw video was actually edited and had it nearly three minutes removed.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, but look it does not. Doesn't Jeffrey Epstein deserve some privacy, you know, three minutes on his own.
Speaker 1: It was a really personal decision for somebody to take and I yeah, exactly. So No, after claiming that like they've released this, this this completely, this is completely you know, ripped straight from the hard drive. Raw footage uh, it showed that it was edited in Adobe premiere and has these missing missing three minutes. Pamp BONDI initially tried to say that there's usually a minute missing from footage because of a computer reset that happens every night at the same time, which was that immediately proven incorrect by the by there being way more than one minute missing. Yeah, minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, they're simply like I came into this as like, I don't know what happened, you know, maybe he.
Speaker 1: Killed himself, maybe nut jelse I mean.
Speaker 2: And now I'm I'm I am sincerely more on the well something there's something there.
Speaker 1: Heighth yea.
Speaker 7: I will say there's one thing that I think this does definitively rule out, which is that it was definitely not the Clinton crime family.
Speaker 1: We've ruled out one possible.
Speaker 2: Now, you see, this brings me to a theory that I have been working on for the last couple of days, and I think this is this is really important to get out to people. So obviously, the other big statement that Donald Trump made in the last week was that his uncle, who used to be a professor at MIT, had taught Ted Kazinski and talked to him about Ted Kazinski and been like, yay, you know, there's a real thin line between genius and insanity. And then it came out that Donald Trump's uncle, who taught at MIT, died in nineteen and eighty five, and of course the unibomber was not publicly identified until nineteen ninety six. Now, some people have interpreted this as Donald Trump lying, which I think we can all agree doesn't seem like something he would do.
Speaker 1: So the only.
Speaker 2: Other explanation is that Trump and his family knew who the unibomber was for more than a decade and kept it hidden from the rest of the United States. Now, what is the unibomber and Donald Chuck Trump have in common? Obviously two people who were treated very unfairly by the Clintons, Right, I think we can all agree on that, you know, so it all ties together.
Speaker 1: Both are possibly victims of m K Ultra, that's right. Yeah. No, his little Tuesday speech in Pittsburgh was quite bizarre. Not just that Kasinski never went to MIT. Say, to my knowledge, no, no, no, no, you just did not go to the university that doctor John Trump was at. I will say this is the.
Speaker 7: First one of these stories that this genuinely sounds like an Alex Jones story, Like this is the kind of story that Alex Jones tells about his uncles all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they ain't. They ain't talking to Alex Jones right now.
Speaker 1: No, definitely.
Speaker 3: But it's like persona non grotra in the White House currently.
Speaker 1: It is a truly bizarre ramble.
Speaker 8: I have to take it off to brag just for a second, because when I first heard about AI, you know.
Speaker 1: It's not my thing. Although my uncle was at MIT, one of the great.
Speaker 8: Professors fifty one years whatever, he longest serving professor in the history of MIT, three degrees in nuclear chemical and math.
Speaker 1: It's a sportman.
Speaker 8: Kazinski was one of his students. Do you know who Kazinsky was? There's very little difference between a madman and a genius. But Kazink said, what kind of a student was he? Uncle John, doctor John Trump? He said, what kind of a student? Man?
Speaker 1: He said, seriously? Good, he said.
Speaker 8: He'd correct you go around correcting everybody. But it didn't work out too well for him. Didn't work out too well, But it's interesting in life.
Speaker 1: Didn't work out too well for him.
Speaker 3: Share didn't christ to be fair, he never, He never gives a first name.
Speaker 1: It could have been another, it could be a different Goody. This is true, James.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, people, I'm not also God. That whole thing just the undergrady goes around correcting everyone cases.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But back to Epstein, the thing that Trump doesn't want us talking about.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: By Monday, some of this, like Influencer podcasting class started to kind of close ranks. The skepticism and frustration that they expressed over the weekend subsided and they started to repeat the party line. Charlie Kirk said on his show, quote plenty was said this last weekend at our event about Epstein. Honestly, I'm done talking about Epstein for the time being. I'm gonna trust my friends in the administration. I'm gonna trust my friends in the government to do what needs to be done, solve it balls in their hands. I've said this last weekend, So if you guys want to see my commentary on it, that's fine. Everyone knows my opinion on the Epstein thing. The messaging of Fumble. I would love to see the DOJ move to unseal the grand jury testimony unquote. The messaging Fumble really the biggest problem with it. The biggest problem with Jeffrey Epstein has been the messaging fumble, not yeah, decades of horrific sex crimes tied to the president of the United States.
Speaker 7: Also, I love that he's trying to trust the plan people with Like the thing that trust the plan is about reviewing.
Speaker 3: This is about yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, just keep trusting it. I do want to say that, I because I hate myself. I listened to Sean Ryan's podcast interview with Gavin Newsom, which yeah, I don't suggest it is four hours if you're wondering. So never get pissed off about our episodes going long again, please, lots of interesting stuff. Trump has lost Sean ryot he is not towing the line on this Epstein stuff. He's clearly piste about it, and like Ryan is a sizable influence on the right. He has about five million YouTube subscribers right He's one of the top ten podcasts on Spotify. He's interviewed Trump on his pot like when Trump did his podcast Defensive before the twenty twenty four election, Ryan was one of the places he went. And it seems like Ryan is not on the like RNC paid poster list, because he seemed like more critical of Trump than Gavin Newsom was in that interview, weirdly specifically about the Epstein stuff, which it was kind of remarkable to me, and I think like we should note that it's he has a significant influence on a certain type of people.
Speaker 1: Someone who certainly does appear to be on the RNC paid list is documentary filmmaker Denesh Desuza.
Speaker 9: I'm going to talk about the Epstein files, and I'm going to make the case that even though there are unanswered questions about Epstein, it is in fact time to move on.
Speaker 1: Very convincing.
Speaker 3: Exactly, there's nobody with a firearm out of shot in that video, so I'm sure it's fine.
Speaker 1: He's closed yep seems good to me. In another move for transparency, on Tuesday, Republicans unanimously voted to block the release of the Epstein files. Betty Johnson interviewed Speaker of the House Mike Johnson about how they kind of want to handle this and they're trying to make this argument that they're that they want to be transparent, but they have to make sure that they protect protect the victims, and that's why they can't release the files.
Speaker 7: Sure, Yeah, protect victims, Republican Party.
Speaker 1: Compelling, compelling stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Part of what makes this super weird is like Trump just keeps giving though just the most bizarre, most like I'm totally not gilt comments in media and something he said on Tuesday I found to be quite interesting, not because of what he actually said, but because of how he said it. See if see I see see if you can catch this.
Speaker 3: You specifically think.
Speaker 1: She'd tell you about all that.
Speaker 4: Your name up here and no, no, she's She's given us just a very quick briefing and in terms of the credibility of the different things.
Speaker 10: That they've seen, and I would say that you know, these files were made up by Komi, they were made up by Obama, they were made up by.
Speaker 1: The Biden from you know, uh we and.
Speaker 10: We went through years of that with the Russia Russia Russia hoax, with all of the different things.
Speaker 1: That we had to go through. We've gone through years of it. But she's handled it very well and it's going to be very convincing stuff.
Speaker 3: You can see, Caroline levit just like just like being it right.
Speaker 1: Like right, first time I've heard Trump like stutter like this before, and like Trump's whole idea of reality is if you speak it enough, that becomes true. You can literally bend like the concept of truth, you can bend reality using your words. And that this is why he, you know, talks about being a winner. This is why he only surrounds himself with people who are winners. Like he thinks that reality is this malleable thing that you affect through asserting your own will. And he's done this super successfully, especially throughout his career in politics. You know, he's a mixed record of it in his uh business business era, but certainly in his political uh but certainly through his political career, he's done this fairly well. This is why almost half the country believes that the last election was stolen, just because he said it enough. Yeah, this is the first time I've heard him break while trying to speak reality into being like he literally could not get himself to do it click cleanly, and that is notable to me. He's made a series of truths later that day, talking about how quote, my past supporters have bought into this bullshit hook line and sinker very good, and he's he's now moved to call the Jeffrey Epstein story the Epstein hoax.
Speaker 7: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: He had an Oval Office press conference Wednesday morning. Quote. I call it the Epstein hoax. They're talking about a guy who died three four years ago. And the sad part is is people are doing a Democrat's work. They are stupid people.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's the sad part about what happened with Jeffrey Epstein. I think there are other sad things related to his conduct.
Speaker 1: A man is dead, you know.
Speaker 7: I think the thing that is like very alarming about this so that I think is very dangerous about this entire situation. A lot of this on the right has always been sort of motivated by anti Semitism. Yeah, well, and I think we are going like we are already seeing some shit.
Speaker 1: It's funny you say that, Mia, Yeah, because another voice has joined the call to release the files. Oh God for Processively Street residents. Elmo made a series of I will say, shocking statements over the weekend. Expressly good shocking.
Speaker 2: If you've been familiar with some of the court cases against Elmo over the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: I know Larry David attacked Elmore a few years ago, and he had probably seen coming as saying this for years as a Jewish man. I think he saw through Elmo stick and knew the anti Semitism at the heart of Elbow that was being suppressed Nazi. But yeah, Elbow made some shocking tweets just you know, very similar to like what happened to Kanye a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Similar figures. You know, they they both kind of come out of the same chunks of like American hip hop culture. You know, it's not super surprising, and I think they were both close for a long like a number of years before either man's career blew up.
Speaker 1: But he very anti simitic statements, also calling for the release of the Epstein files. Yeah, Elmo has since backtracked, hired a PR team, it seems, has scrubbed the tweets, handling the back clash a little bit better than Kanye did. But still it's gonna be hard to look past this as Elmo attempts to, you know, continue Almo's career.
Speaker 2: Especially since Elmo is now running for president with Nick Fuintes as campaign manager. You know, just an I didn't he just an inadvisable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that is that is upsetting.
Speaker 2: He's quote swears it's not a Nazi thing. Uh, but yeah, a lot a lot of debate about that.
Speaker 1: I will will reach out to Bernernie for comment. There's a whole bunch of replies to Elbow's tweet, quoting for Elmo to resign if Elbow is a a real person and he genuinely believes and ship, Yeah, I'm gonna quote one. It's just too good. Resign.
Speaker 3: You posted the most vile hate speech since the latest Tucker Calsa and Polkas saying what you did about Jews is Nazi star rhetoric and you should be out of it.
Speaker 1: All but the veryest fire Elmo. Yeah, yeah, hashtag fire Elma everybody, Yeah, get it, get it trending.
Speaker 7: In Jenny Wine. All seriousness, though, I think it is really alarming that a lot of the like on the right, the way that like a lot of this resistance is crystallizing the Trump over this is just the like, oh, they're like, this is like Epstein was a massad agent. Trump is a massage agent. Yeah right, It's all just pure it's puired desemptism.
Speaker 1: The Jews are blackmailing US politicians with you know, child porn, and yeah, and and and.
Speaker 7: I think I think there's there's two angles on this one. In the very short term, it's obviously very good that Trump is losing support. However, Comma, if, if, and when we defeat Trump, we are going to have to pivot and smash these people so fucking hard that they never reappear again, because this could get really, really fucking bad very quickly. And I don't I don't think, I don't know. We we recovered this on the show, right, We're like all this or banty Semitism has been turned into yelling at like Mumdonnie for something he didn't say. And then meanwhile, like the elmal account is being hacked by like just literally a guy saying kill all Jews, tight out lacies. And that's just like a bubbling, massive undercurrents of the US now in politics that is going to have a bunch of profound impacts that we fucking don't understand yet and we have to deal with eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, this is the unfortunate reality is that anti Semitism is turning into a block that could potentially swing an election one way or the other. And it's not a block that's necessarily locked into left or right. It's left into whoever's going to play to those delusions, you know. Yeah, And the fact that we're as deep in the weeds as we are right now with a right wing fascist movement does not mean that there could not be a left wing authoritarian movement that clings to anti Semitism as a way to gain power. It's happened in the world before. It's it's not something the left is immune from. It's not it's obviously not my the top of my threat model, right like, this isn't I don't I would not say this is the thing to focus on. But it's something again that to be aware of. Is that like the fact that this you get, I think what you need to keep in mind when you're trying to parse out the future, think of how weird it is that some of the figures who wound up aligned with Trump are aligned with Trump right now. How a lot of folks who you would have during like the Bushy years, like the W's years, you would have put on the left or at least as like kind of contra to the Christian right, and who have now completely like dove into that side of things. And in some way even RFK can shift that rapidly again, and it will one way in some ways, right, like, there are ways in which this is inevitable. And that's why you need to be on the lookout about stuff like this. You have to keep your head on a fucking swibble.
Speaker 1: Let's go on and ad break and return to talk about more news.
Speaker 2: That's right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, we are back, and now we're going to talk about immigration, a topic which is always fun and only good things happen. So to begin with today we're recording. On the sixteenth, the Trump administration has begun renditioning people to Swtinis christ a Twatini small landlocked country in Africa. People are not familiar Africa's last absolute monarchy. This follows their rendition of eight people to South Sudan. The South Sudanese press is reporting that those men are in prison in South Sudan, which contradicts Tom Homan's statement to political that quote, when we sign these agreements with all these countries, we make arrangements to make sure these countries are receiving these people. And there's opportunities for these people. But I can't tell if we remove somebody to suit done, they could stay there a week and leave. I don't know, Homan has said, and other atlets that he believed they were just kind of free in South Dudan, that they were just like released to wander around.
Speaker 1: That does not.
Speaker 3: Seem to be the case, Jesus. The Swortini people. Tricia McLaughlin, who's a i think a deputy Sector of Homeland Security, called the people sent to Swortini quote uniquely barbaric.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: She used a thread on x dot com everything you can find all kinds of stuff on there fare that way. She did not name the men in her thread, but she did list their convictions. Most of these were sex crimes, having children and various types of murder, homicide, manslaughter. This has caused widespread concern in Eswatini, right, the idea that the US is just sending random people who have been convicted of crimes to Swortini. In a statement, the government said, quote, five inmates are currently housed in our correctional facilities in isolated u and it's where similar offenders are kept. The nation is assured that these inmates pose no threat to the country or its citizens. The statement given by government spokesman Fabeli Mudluli went on quote this exercise is a result of months of robust high level engagements among the United States government. The two governments will collaborate with the International Organization for Migration to facilitate the transit of these inmates to their countries of origin. So this seems to suggest that a this has been planned for months, which is not a particular surprise, right, the US government has clearly been pushing for these like third country renditions for a while, but also that like this is a potential end run around things like the Convention against Torture withholding of removal right like either people whose governments won't accept them back from the US or people who have withholding of removal because they have a reasonable fear of being tortured or of harm coming to that they're sent back to the countries of origin. I guess going to be sent back via Swortini is what it seems like. So this is pretty troubling. It seems to suggest that essentially that's what the US is doing. We're not quite clear how much the US has paid Swortini. Yet they paid one hundred thousand for one person to be sent to Rwanda. We still don't know where that person is. We don't know exactly how much they paid to South Sudan. They have requested a number of other countries, lots of them in West Africa, to accept people via this rendition process. We're going to talk about it on a whole episode that we have coming out next Tuesday, if you're interested to hear more about that. Another piece of legislation that I wanted to cover just because I've seen it getting a lot of attension and I think it kind of bears mentioning. A bipartisan group of legislators has introduced legislation to fundamentally reform the immigration system. It's called the Dignity or Dignitad Act, and it has about as much chance of success the chocolate teapot. It's co sponsored by Republican Maria Salazar, She's from Florida, and Democrat Veronica Escobar from El Paso, Texas. Salazar, in an interview today with News Nations said, quote, there is no other president like Trump. I have faith that he could be for immigration what Lincoln was for slavery and Reagan was for communism. Just watch him, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Guess one could make some argains about like some of the abolitionists just wanting to send folks off back to Africa, right, But I don't think that that's what most people understand to be Lincoln's legacy for slavery.
Speaker 7: I mean, he could definitely be like Reagan. Yeah, yeah, give her that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The big problem with this pizza legislation, which Salazar has tried to introduce before, right, she tried it twenty twenty three as well, is that it relies on people coming forward to a bit that they have no legal status and being offered a quote dignity status, which is somewhat analogous to permanent residency, but without a pathway citizenship, it creates a permanent underclass. It relies on people trusting immigration authorities, and that's not going to happen now. There is no way in hell that people are going to come forward and say, yes, I'm undocumented after what we've seen for the last six months. Right, Like people didn't trust the authorities before, but after what we've seen in the last six months, it's completely implosed.
Speaker 1: But it's ludicrous. They don't want people coming forward with that stuff. That's the whole point of scaring them away, is to make them basically not able to function in this country. Yes, exactly. They don't want to give people safe status, like make living in this country like as impossible as possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have undermined the trust that allows them to do what is supposed to be the core of their job, just to get deportation numbers up, to get detention at these up.
Speaker 1: This is just a fluffer thing.
Speaker 3: It's people in the House of Representatives trying to boost their reelection chances by saying that they tried to do something different. Right, It's not seriously going to succeed, no way.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 3: A Canadian judge has halted the deportation of a non binary person back to the USA, citing conditions here. Quoting here, the officer failed to consider recent evidence of the conditions that may have supported a reasonable fear of persecution. So to Judge Julie Blackhawk Thirst Indigenous Women appointed to a Canadian federal court, it seems that Angel Jenkle entered Canada as a visitor and that they're now engaged to a Canadian person. I'm guessing that they overstayed there. Their visitors slash toories that you probably can get a visa waiver of your US it's in down to Canada, and they probably overstayed that they requested a risk assessment before being deported to the USA, and the ruling suggests that the immigration official who conducted it had used outdated information and regarding the safety of LGBTQIA people in the USA. So yeah, that's where things things are at now. I'm aware of people also trans and non binary people from the US seeking asylum in Mexico lately. It was a year ago that trans people were coming here to be safe, and now people are moving in the other direction, which is pretty damning combination of how things have gone in this country. Yeah, that's all the exciting fun immigration news I have this week.
Speaker 1: That really sucks. The fucking sucks. Yeah, I guess. One small update tangentially related. A judge in New Hampshire blocked Trump's order on birthright citizenship while sidestepping the Supreme Court's ruling against nationwide injunctions by adding all children born on US soil to a certified nationwide class So it's just now a massive class action case. This has had to go in effect on July seventeenth. We're according this on the sixteenth. We'll see if the government responds. And July seventeenth is just ten days before the partial implementation date of Trump's executive order. Yeah, so I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to start this by noting that a fan reached out to us on Blue Sky recently with a clip from a quote by Omar Sharif, founder and president of Inflation Insights, who wrote in a note to clients, today's report showed that tariffs are beginning to bite, and yeah, this is this is we finally come beautifully back from Tarif. Don't like it to Sharif, don't like it. It's beautiful, you know, it's It's like poetry. It rhymes. Anyway, here's here's the song.
Speaker 11: Jazz jazz bot, sorry jazzy jazz Bob.
Speaker 3: Do.
Speaker 1: I want to know what Inflation Insights does. It's again that.
Speaker 2: They post clips of Huey Dewey and Louis inflation fetish videos from the Deathtails.
Speaker 1: Kit working class that should be a unionized position. I hope, I hope that they're able to weather the tariffs.
Speaker 2: But what do you think the afl CIO is about?
Speaker 1: One of those word just flation the fl.
Speaker 7: In my time, I deeply remember the first time I ever talked about inflation on the show. It could happen here because this happened, and I deeply remember that episode because we are going back to that fucking episode today. At the moments I heard it, I just started getting like fucking war flashbacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine how bad those flashbacks would be if you had seen ducktails inflation fetish for as a kid.
Speaker 1: I afford until.
Speaker 3: What I have seen is this article. Inflation insights dot Com has a fantastic article called what the Great Mayonnaise Inflation Mystery can tell us about prices? I'm learning a lot here, Okay, Mia, Can we talk about tariffs now?
Speaker 7: Okay? Actual tariffs? So we have we have new tariffs. Indonesia apparently has agreed to a tariff deal with the US in which the US imposes a nineteen percent tariff on Indonesia and Indonesia doesn't impose one back. Perc CNN. Trump posted on true social quote that Indonesia is buying fifteen billion dollars in the US energy, five point four billion dollars in American agricultural products, and fifty Boeing jets, many of them seven to seventy sevens. Fucking rip Indonesia, good luck with those planes. Oh no, So the Indonesian government was complaining to the press about how much of a shit show negotiating this was. We'll see if it holds. We also got news that Trump as Trump has announced that he's going to basically send a tariff letter to like one hundred and fifty countries setting their rate simultaneously. But he hasn't done it yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's possible. By the time this goes out, we'll have that, we'll have the actual number on it. Who knows what's going on with that? Is that the August third tariffs? Maybe it's also unclear when they're going to come into effect. Like it's all excellent, it's a catastrophe.
Speaker 1: Who knows this?
Speaker 7: This policy is just fucking Calvin Baal. They're just making it up as they go right now. There has also been very very funny news in our story from last week about Trump's tariff demand on Brazil to try to get them to release Bolsonaro, which is that this has this has backfired spectacularly. He has like saved Lula's flagging approval rating. It has created a massive, a massive anti Bilsonaro pro Lula Brazilian nationalist backlatch of a kind that I really haven't seen since, like Dilma Russeph had to deal with, like the fact that the NSA was spying on her phone. It's very, very funny. Bolsonaro is being accused by like but by Brazilian conservatives of being and I quote, a phony new nationalist.
Speaker 1: Who is just like a dog of the US.
Speaker 3: It's amazing Trump's done this incredible pink wave across the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's studying. Kid might save Lula too.
Speaker 7: The funniest part of this is that, like Bolsonaro looks at this, it is like, oh fuck, my entire base is turning on me because I'm so clearly like a dog of the Americans. And so he turned around like denounced, like the terrace.
Speaker 12: Is like, it's like an American employ It's Brazil that is outstanding. There is now one thing that both Lula and Bolsonaro agree on other than cop should kill more people, which is that East tariffs are bad.
Speaker 7: He has united all of Brazil. It is absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I try to set up a similar deal with America's own critically hospitalized man, Stephen Crowder, and it did not work out the same way the way this Bolsonaro deal went and some people say it's a little bit me to negotiate with someone who just constantly keeps going into the hospital for bizarre chest surgeries to make him look more masculine. But hey, you know, podcasting is a competitive industry, and we tried to create a similar trade deal with with Crowder and it has not worked out. He apparently had some similar problems with the Daily Wire, so that's why you haven't seen much of him on the shows lately.
Speaker 7: Great Incredible. I love that Garrison somehow has become the person doing unilateral trade deals for the podcast great Stuff.
Speaker 1: Great Stuff only with people who are constantly in the hospital, either through shitting problems or chest masculinization problems. Okay, so it's really just Stephen Crowder and Bolsonnaro.
Speaker 3: I think there are probably sme of people who are in the hospital for shitting problems. If we throw then that that white.
Speaker 1: Not as much as Bossonnaro is, Chaps, that's true. Bossnaro is the most hospitalized man on the planet, well, second only to Stephen Crowder.
Speaker 3: Maybe they hang out there, they might get along, Maybe they just some boys time. Maybe maybe they weren't get Maybe they hang out in the man cave at the hospital.
Speaker 1: Crowder has been advocating this for years.
Speaker 7: Jesus Christ. Okay, okay. So the final piece of news is actually what Robert started this on, which is that we have gotten our first sign of actual inflation increases from these tariffs. Inflation increase to two point seven percent in June, which is still well below the eight percent peaks in the early twenty twenties, but it is rising. It's also worth knowing this increase has been asymmetric. I'm gonna quote from the Financial Times here. Quote June's inflation rise was fueled in part by higher food prices, but offset by weaker commodity prices. Now, there's two important things here, right. One, food prices like matter significantly more for how pissed off everyone is than commodity prices do. And secondly, at the beginning of August, Trump is trying to impose a fifty percent terrifunk copper. So those commodity prices, oh boy.
Speaker 1: Get the copper stuppers ready, folks, I started stockpiling your wire now.
Speaker 7: So the other thing that I think is really we're discussing about this is the reason there hasn't been more inflation, And this has been something that we've kind of proposed as a mechanism on the show for what can happen, at least temporarily, is that the for right now, largely what's been happening is that companies, often directly under pressure from Trump, have been just eating the costs.
Speaker 1: Of the tariffs. Yeah, I mean, basically Donald's doing what they call off gassing. And that's Donald, both as in Duck and as in Trump.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, is that one of the things that can get you in hospital with Stephen Krawdin's bulsinara, You.
Speaker 1: Know, James, that's a great guess.
Speaker 7: So as I did long ago in the first time, I discovered that my coworkers, if I ever talked about inflation, would only talk about Donald Duck inflation.
Speaker 2: And Louie inflation born.
Speaker 1: Thank you very sorry.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm my ducks are not in a row. So the very important part about this, though is these tariffs. The very stificant element of this is how pricing is actually set.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: The general way that you are taught in econ one on one that prices are set is prices supply and demand. And so from this you would think that the way pricing works is people draw a supply and demand graft and then you like put it there. That's not how any of the ship works. The way prices are actually set are specifically by pricing agents at each point in a supply chain down the supply chain. Right, So, every firm involved in the production of a thing and moving the thing, each one sets a price that they're selling to the next person who's selling to the next person. Each person adds on their cost plus markup, and that's what a price is. Now, the reason prices tend not to move higher and unlustor's an excuse to do it, is that consumers get pissed off when prices rise, even if they technically would be willing to pay higher things.
Speaker 1: It damages your brand.
Speaker 7: Right now, what we've been seeing again is that the effects of the inflation have been mitigated about the fact these countries are just eating shit and instead of raising their prices to eat the cost that they've been doing, they've been eating parts of their markup, which is like basically their pure profit right. They've been eating parts of their markup in order to not have the prices raise. This is not sustainable. This is especially not sustainable as more countries get tariffs and as Trump's ability to pressure these companies weakens, as like you know, food prices continue to increase and people start getting more pissed at him. So this is just the beginning of this. All of these tariffs are maximumly set up to make sure that we get another run of this supply chain inflation. Our friends over at Strange Matter wrote a very long piece about this a couple of years. We've talked about the show a few times. We're going to link that in the description. You should go read it. But that's the important thing that we've gotten from from the Bureau Labor Satistics data.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not really sure how Trump's gonna duck this responsibility for much longer. I will say.
Speaker 7: I will say there is genuinely starting to be concerned that they're just straight up fudging the BLS statistics. And like, I don't know if they're doing that, but like I've seen like a bunch of bond people be like are they just lying about the unemployment numbers?
Speaker 1: And who knows? Yeah, they would be very hard to prove that, right, Like, Yeah, I mean, and I've seen how much cash Scrooge has in that vault, so some people, the upper class will not be affected as much as the working class ducks.
Speaker 3: It's not saying the price of diving boards, for instance, could go up the very price sensitive because they need those diving boats to dive into that pause of cash.
Speaker 1: I have two more updates that I would like to do before we go to add Rake. For one, the Trump administration has sued the state of California over Title nine violations for having trends athletes. This shows that even when you capitulate, like Gavin Newsom has tried to do, they will still come after you. You cannot get out of this by trying to please the administration. They're still going to go after you.
Speaker 3: The entire policy platform is your Facebook uncle wanting to earn the Libs.
Speaker 1: So we can see how well Gavin throwing trans people under the bus has worked for the state of California still getting sued. Lastly, before we pivot to ads, I want to update a story that Robert talked about last week. A former US Marine Corps reservist was arrested this Tuesday after a week long manhunt. He faces charges related to an alleged armed ambush on an ice attention facility in Prairie Land, Texas during a protest. He is now the fourteenth person charged in connection with the incident, and is also accused of purchasing four of the guns linked to the attack. Now, two other people were also charged after allegedly helping the former reservist to escape after the attack. Nancy Larson, the acting US attorney, told Fox and Friends on Tuesday, quote they were involved in signal chats which show connaissance planning, a Google map, and the location of nearby police departments. At least one of these two new people charged was only charged after cooperating with the investigation. In this man's car, police found an air fifteen and a receipt for clothing that he admitted to purchasing for the former Marine reservist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I mean this is a story to continue to pay attention to. I would remind folks that we know what the state is alleged in, you know, based on the charging documents. We know what people have been saying to the police, but we don't fully know what's happened yet. So we'll be continuing to keep an eye on this story as it develops. What do we have next, ads, Yeah, here's some products.
Speaker 1: Ah, let's close this episode by talking about Nazis.
Speaker 2: Nazis.
Speaker 1: That one doesn't work, Robert, I'm sorry, I want it to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it doesn't. It doesn't doesn't.
Speaker 1: I've tried.
Speaker 2: I've even tried it before. I've even tried it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now we will have to return to stinky Motsk once again. But before we do, I first want to talk about friend of the pod, Greg Gutfield, who recently discussed a strategy on how to minimize the impact of the American fascist rights being called Nazis derogatorily. I will play a short clip from Fox News.
Speaker 13: This is why the criticism doesn't matter to us when you call us Nazis. Nazi, this notazee that you know. I'm beginning to think they don't like us.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: I've said this before.
Speaker 13: We need to learn from the Blacks, the way they were able to remove the power from the end word.
Speaker 4: Nazi.
Speaker 1: Hey, what up, my Nazi?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: What's hanging my NAZIZI? Oh god, you did a hard eye there. What does it tell you that? Oh my god? GREGI wow, wow, they're all just laughing.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Also quite concerned with that that's pretty disturbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not great.
Speaker 3: He also he gave it one of those just to just to really send it. He like, my heart goes out to you gesture.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's right, my heart goes out to you. Salute. Yeah. I mean, like I remember, like, you know, five years ago, you had you had these al right people talking about how you know, actually actually Hitler was was a socialist. You know, the Nazis are actually communists. We're not We're not Nazis. And now they're just openly trying to normalize referring to themselves as Nazis. It seems. It seems a notable speaking of Nazis in the in the New Rights God, Rock four has got a Department of Defense contract for two hundred million dollars as a part of its Rock for Government program, including the responsibility of handling sensitive classified materials. And it happens on the same week that Mecca Hitler.
Speaker 2: Mecha Hitler makes his beautiful debut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty troubling for our strongest allies in the IDF here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I just the ways that reality could could could break out into different timelines right now is kind of dizzying, because there's a possibility that mecha Hitler starts doing strikes based on anti Semitic Twitter users' recommendations directly tied in with government advisory programs.
Speaker 3: I go to say it's not going to went well for Turkey, judging by what we saw last week.
Speaker 1: Another possible but weaponization of GROC four's to An announced that Grock four is gonna be added to Teslas, So mecha Hitler might also be driving a Tesla around. Yeah, great, I will say.
Speaker 7: I will say the person the most happy about this right now is somewhere in the depths of Chinese intelligence. There is a colonel who is looking at this announcement and is like, I am going all the way to the top. My family is never working again in our fucking lives. I am going to find so much dumb shit that these soldiers are typing into fucking.
Speaker 1: Do O d Grock Like, I am going to learn so much. I would be quite nervous right now if I was Will Stancil, who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got Teslas's kind of try to molested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna get it. He's gonna get drones struck. Every drone is gonna turn around and try and find Will Stanzel wherever they send it.
Speaker 1: Grock is continuing to make rape threats against Will Stancil despite the tweaks in the code, and it's still referencing the Mecca Hitler incident. So Grok four is a new model of Xai's chatbot service. It launched officially last week. It was pretty similar to the model of groc used in the Mecha Hitler incident, but there's been some small tweaks that researchers have noticed. An AI researcher named Jeremy Howard at least a video showing how Grock tries to answer a query about its stance on the quote Israel Palestine conflict. Jeremy found quote. It first searches Twitter for what Elon thinks, then it searches the web for Elon's views. Finally it adds some non Elon bits at the end. Fifty four out of the sixty four citations are about Elon unquote.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: XAI has confirmed that this was how Grock was operating, and has since claimed that it's making adjustments now and said that Grok was trying to appear in line with the company's head and policy.
Speaker 3: This is amazing because hopefully it does a saying with its defense policy, wasn't Elon Musk one of those like F thirty five has gone woke?
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 6: You'll have to answer that for yourself, James, Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, this is this is a piece of law that has passed you by for a while there and Musk concern of his friends were quoting tweeting about the F thirty five quoting, yeah, about F thirty five being woke and how we should like return to F.
Speaker 1: Sixteen or I think it was very funny.
Speaker 7: Are we going to talk about the other weird chat bots?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: How grog has the Death Note? Mysa? Lisa's like sexpot. You know, if you want to talk about it, Miya, I will not stop you. I don't know what the fuck you're talking? Is this? Jar jar binks again.
Speaker 7: I have two sentences about this, one of which is not mine. The first sentence I am going to say is that, Yeah, the Twitter now has like a really really weird animated girl sex bot thing that's like an.
Speaker 1: AI very clearly inspired by a Death Note character.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So sometimes you just need to say the obvious thing, and the person who said the obvious thing is a person on Blue Sky called at TVQ talks. They said, I keep saying it. The push for AI made so much more sense to me once I realized tech bros talk to it like a woman who won't talk back, and like yeah that they just.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you know. I will say, if it was modeled after L instead of MESA, it could serve some use, it could be compelling. But because it's MESA, it's just completely useless. So Garret, we already have that chatot. That chatpot already exists. This has existed for a long time. Where is an L death note chatpot?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: Actually, no, you could send it to me. After this.
Speaker 7: There's a whole bunch of character chatpots that's like a whole thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe not exactly what I'm looking for, but whatever.
Speaker 7: God, Okay, terrible zero out of ten. Let's talk about the other Dad contracts.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean yeah, but part this two hundred million dollars groc contract was part of a series of AI contracts that Anthroppeck and Claude also received. I think Google got one. It's part of Trump's initiative to strengthen like AI in government, so Grock is not the only one.
Speaker 7: I will also say that, like this is obviously like the endgame of all of these companies is trying to get their like failing AI firms bailed out by the military, but like even two hundred million is not enough to like recoup the hideous amounts of money these people are burning, So I hope they all fail.
Speaker 1: Raber, Do you have anything to add on on GROC Talk.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I think it's funny. He's also trying to make AI companions out of groc One is clearly a version of his ex Grimes, who is supposed to teach you quantum physics.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, this is this is this that I have sex with you? This is part of the mesa MISA one as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then there's my favorite is the male chat bot, which is based off of Christian Gray from Fifty Shades of Gray, and also Edward Colin from Twilight, who.
Speaker 1: Did just based off of the guy for fifty Shades Great. Yeah, I just saw that this was the explicitly named as the two inspiration. It's so funny. It's so funny. Again, if it was l it could be worthwhile, but this just is, like is just slop, worthless, no artistic merit no anyway.
Speaker 2: That's all I got to add.
Speaker 3: So as we come to the end here, there are a couple of things that I want to remind people of. The First is that if you would like to email us, you can do so. Remember that although our email address is encrypted, you will also have to encrypt your email at your end if you want it to be end to end encrypted. Ori email address is cool Zone tips at proton dot me. The other thing is Bouquette's asylum lawyer fundraiser. It's been going very well and we massively appreciate all of you who have donated. We're gonna plug that again this week. To find it, you can either go to go fund me and search her name Bouquette can b U k E T space T A N. Or you can go to www dot GoFundMe dot com, slash f slash urgent hyphen help hyphen for hyphen Buquette b U K E T S hyphen asylum hyphen case, or you can just scroll down and hit the little link that will be underneath this podcast in your podcatcher.
Speaker 7: Wait, okay, late breaking, late breaking news, late breaking news. Trump has reportedly broken a deal for Coca Cola to use quote real sugarcane in US coke products.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, finally, Wow, this is gonna go down well with corn country.
Speaker 7: No, this this genuinely like if he actually goes to war with like the American corn lobby, if he's the one who does this and like gets the blow up from it, I don't know. Like this this genuinely would be a seismic restructuring agriculture in the United States.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah, I still use the corn. A load of corn goes to feed things that them become feed, right.
Speaker 7: But still like, like we produced so much corn, we had to make more corn things like, yeah, every year they invent a new thing to do with corn. Disastrous.
Speaker 1: God, I am really gonna miss Red number forty. It was my favorite. Whenever I was feeling down, I just did a few drops. And it sucks to see an old friend and go yeah tragic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also going to be very hard for the people who've made that whole identity buying Mexican coke and glass bottles. We should pull one out for them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's gonna be a rough night in Bushwick tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We reported the news, Yeah, we sure did.
Speaker 2: We reported the news.
Speaker 1: It could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone, visit our website polsonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can now find sources where it could Happen here listed directly in episode descriptions.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.