Speaker 1: Washington ran the football extremely well today, thirty two rush attempts, two hundred and twenty yards, two touchdowns.
Speaker 2: You see crosskey, I think get his last name.
Speaker 1: Jaye Daniels had eleven for sixty eight, the ten for eighty two and a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Eckler was six and twenty six. But they ran the ball extremely well.
Speaker 1: And then you get Malik Jayde and Daniels nineteen to thirty two, thirty three in a touchdown.
Speaker 2: He was sacked three times, but clean game, no turnovers.
Speaker 1: And that's what look in order for the Washington for the Commanders to be the type of team that they're gonna be, Jaye Daniels gonna have to play like this, legs and arm and not turn the ball over. Give them guys a chance and let that let that defense hunt. They got some guys that can get out of the quarterback. You know, they got Louisville over there. They got Ken Low, they got Deron Payne, remember o Joe, They brought in von Miller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they got some guy Marshall lot more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got some guys over there that can that can, that can get after the quarterback and make it very very difficult. They just got to do a great job of taking care of the football and let Jane Daniels and Jade's got to do what Jane Daniel does. But guys, it's one game and they already are we gonna see Jackson Dart?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna do? Damn?
Speaker 1: After one game? I do think the over under is eight before Jackson Dart is in there. Damn, you're asking this after the first game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know what I want. I wonder how much I wonder how much freedom Russell has to be able to change. Obviously, players come in based on what he sees defensively, because he had the freedom to change things to make it a little easier for him to be able to, you know, change the plays obviously sometimes you know when you played, obviously when I played, when Carson would get plays, when players will come in one play. But he has the freedom to be able to change and play based on what he sees, right, whether it's a run play, if it's it's tossed right, but you know what, you know, let's we're gonna go dive left based on based on the defense, based on just based on what I see with my own eyes. Yeah, I had the experience. I wonder if Russell has has their freedom to do so when the play comes in, he actually has to stick exactly what it's called, because based on the play calling from what I saw today, it's like it's hindering, it's hear in Russ from being able to do some of the things that he does well.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not so sure he had that ability. He probably hadn't had that. I don't know if he ever had it in Seattle. Maybe later in Seattle. He definitely didn't have it with Sean Payton, Oh no, And I'm not so sure he had it last year with.
Speaker 2: Arthur Smith. So the likelihood of.
Speaker 1: Him coming in there and having that kind of control now o Cho doesn't seem likely.
Speaker 2: But hey, they just need to play better. We're not going to put all this on Russ.
Speaker 1: Although he was less than fifty percent completion percentage and then Neighbors it seemed like, I don't know what that was about, what the neighbors and day Ball was trying to get him to go back in the game. He was talking to him, trying to get but a neighbors seemed like he was like, man, I'm done with this.
Speaker 4: You frustrated he frustrated. He frustrated. Listen players like that. I said this with a J. Brown too, when Eagles played having to wait all the way to the third quarter, nine minutes in the third quarter to even even touch the ball. You have a player that is special, as Milik Neighbors. You get him the ball early. It don't have to be nothing crazy. Throw him a little, throw him little smoke around, throwing a screen route, give him reverse, let him feel like he's involved in the game instead of out there getting all that goddamn Cardio.
Speaker 2: Get it to him early. Yeah, and you will have him late all game.
Speaker 1: That's what that's that's what you should do. What you should do and what they actually do is not always the case. But you're absolutely right or you're absolutely right, o Joe. Is that when you're dealing with these the number one receivers, you got give them something early in the first quarter. I mean, just ain't nobody asking, you know, to ask Jordan or to ask Steph Curry, to ask one of these great players. Look, we don't want you to take a shot into the third quarter. No, Now, just you do everything. Just just run around out here, step you just run around off these pigs and do all this stuff, and we're gonna run you know, hey, all that we're gonna do, but don't don't take no shot to the third quarter. As a matter of fact, we ain't gonna let you take no shot to the fourth quarter. And see how that workout. But y'all want the receivers to get out there and run, and it's like, just run and just run and just run, and they don't get no action, don't get the ball thrown away. And then come fourth quarter, Hey here we come, come to come to do what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, mentally, mentally you're not. It's hard struggle. It's a struggle. So we'll see what happened. They got, They got the Cowboys. The Cowboys like, hey, we let one slip away last week. We ain't about to let one slip away this week. Cowboys might drop I know it's a division game. On Joe, cowboy might try to drop fifty on the Giants. Fifty mm hmm, damn, yep, I'm trying to Hey, what was what.
Speaker 3: Was uh neighbors numbers to day?
Speaker 1: Uh uh he had five for seventy one on twelve targets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's that's that's not bad.
Speaker 1: Until Robinson had uh six and fifty five or eight targets.
Speaker 4: That's not bad. That's not bad. I mean, you know, look, look good, look a little a little slowly at the office. Not not not what you like.
Speaker 1: I mean, ain't nobody go crazy at the receiver position, but say Flowers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was only one they were They be killing that slot. Boy mm hm oh, he'd be killing that slot. And it's the same route over and over. They either either that shallow or that deep over.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah, that's that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you got to honor it because they hole because Lamar sticking in there. You think Henry, so you hold just for a second and by the time you realize that he's already yeah. Yeah, what do you think you think you think there's some there's some trade on the times with Russ Me personally, Oh, Joe, I don't think you can. I don't think he's gonna start the whole year. You know, you and I we have a bed over under eight games. I think it's gonna be under eight games, and Jackson Dart's gonna be in there.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: I think, honestly, based on what he has around him is all gonna come down to his officer line. If you give Rush time, you get you give us time to be able to process and and allow him to make the decisions with the ball. I think he's gonna be all right if they can if they can get a running game going take some of the pressure off of Russ as well, which obviously helps with the past game, I think they're gonna be all right. But so many different factors have to have to go right for us to be able to succeed, because he's not the Russe of old. He's not the Russell Wilson with the Seattle Seahawks that at one point he can make something out of nothing. As you get older, you need more help from those that are around you. And I'm I'm not sure the New York Giants team is built with the right personnel where he can be able to succeed like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: A lot of Russ was outside was our script, Yes, improvisation. You know Russ was a magician with the ball, Yeah, pump faking and and and flicking the ball over guys and finding ways. He doesn't have that athleticism anymore, Like you said, I think in order for him to be at his absolute best. Things have to be perfect, and you know the likelihood of things being perfect more time have to not.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna happen. It's not.
Speaker 3: So you say eight games, you think, Jackie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think after Yeah, I think over under eight games and and Jackson Dart to be in there, Damn, I mean, o Joe, I mean you got to think about it. This is the third team in three years, because yeah, he went from Broncos to the Steelers, Steelers to the to the Giants. Don't know, when you start bouncing a round like that, o Jo, when you start bouncing a round like that, you.
Speaker 4: Know how on the back end, Yeah, on the back of that that that that's what That's what only happened. But obviously he's on one year deals when he's with the Steelers. When he came in obviously he was injured. Justin Field took over, did really well with him. When Russell Wilson did get the opportunity to get back in there after coming back from injury, he went on a five to six what seven game Yeah, your step seven in the row and then obviously the bottom fell out after that. But damn, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: And plus plus the thing is Ojoe, they bought to know his jobs on the line.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right.
Speaker 2: How how does look? Oo?
Speaker 1: I draft a guy that I don't get the coach. So if I so, if I don't play Jackson Dark, there's a great chance I'm never gonna coach you.
Speaker 4: Well. Hell if you do play Jackson Dart and things don't go well, hell, you still ain't gonna be able to coach him.
Speaker 2: But I got I got a year. I drafted him.
Speaker 1: I mean that's like you you hey, you building a house and get a divorce and the wife living in it. You ain't even get to live in the house, O Joe. So I I just think, I just think the thing is is that they're gonna turn the dark sooner than later. Yeah, because probably four or five games on you you'll know. You look at your division. Uh, you'll see what Philly, You see what Washington, you see what Dallas is. You look around the league like, oh man, we already we're out of this. We might go ahead and start building towards the future. Right at some point in time about Joe, I gotta start. I gotta start hoarding a bottle of water in can Tuna doom date.
Speaker 2: Is here.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't want the fans out there in New York to overreact. It is week one. I think we're being a little a little too we jumping the gun a little a little too much. Who the Giants got next?
Speaker 2: On Cowboys?
Speaker 4: Oh Ship?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe?
Speaker 1: You do realize they took this man number one. They took Jackson Dark number one?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? What they taking number one for? To start?
Speaker 1: And you and you got and you and you gotta jerk. What people would consider Russ now is a journaman.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, yeah, obviously and you know, you know what with with that journeyman? We talked about the super Bowl winning journeyman who has good experience, who has good success in the NFL.
Speaker 1: YO, Like, oh won a super Bowl and what's super Bowl MVP? How do people look at it?
Speaker 3: What is he journeyman? Okay, but again, Russell Wilson is starting for a reason.
Speaker 4: What better person for Jackson Dart to sit behind and learn the game from then someone has already accomplishes what he has. I could be wrong, or you can throw caution to win and throw Jackson Doughter out there to the Sharks.
Speaker 3: And what what what?
Speaker 4: What normally happens to young quarterback and you throw them out there to the sharks and they don't play well and they start losing confidence.
Speaker 1: All right, Well if the guys, I mean, it's tough because I I and and that's why I think it's gonna be. I don't think it'll be in the next couple of weeks, but I think by week.
Speaker 2: Six, week seven, you kind of know, right, and you got it.
Speaker 1: You we just got to move forward. And once we make once we make this decision on turning back.
Speaker 2: Turn it back.
Speaker 4: Once you do that, ain't no turning back. But the that's that's why I say it wouldn't happen that that soon. It wouldn't happen that soon because once they do make that decision, Jackson Dart is the quarterback for the four sever future unless things just completely don't. Paying out Simmons to that of Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you have been on the road trip.
Speaker 1: Look here, okay, now I'm gonna drive, and once I drive, I ain't I ain't stopping right, So once we gas up, get everything you need to get water, get your get your get your you know, get your goodies.
Speaker 2: Whatever, the bathroom all that, because what a I ain't stopping.
Speaker 1: So I think, because once you make the decision to go to Jackson Dart, it ain't no turning back on Joe. Ain't no turning back. You just gotta you just gotta ride. You gotta ride the store. Am out with him?
Speaker 4: So right, dang.
Speaker 1: Speaking of awful offensive performances, the coach beat the Dolphins thirty three to eight to a completed fourteen or twenty three one hundred and fourteen yards and a touchdown, but through two interceptions, lost to fumble, his second multi turnover game in his past three starts to a QB of rating was I was fasser rating with fifty one point seven with the law for his career in a game that he did not leave early. Today marked the fewest passing yards in such a game since Week eighteen of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Ojo, he looked awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I watched the game. I had.
Speaker 4: I had. I had the had the Dolphins. I had the Dolphins game on nice and big up there in the sportsbook, and I expected more. I expected more. I expected more from the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: In general.
Speaker 4: I see the direction in which they are going going young letting a Jalen Ramsey go obviously mega Fitzpatrick being there being a long lone veteran back there in that secondary. That's we got to do something. We got to do something at the quarterback position and finding a way where we can have some type of consistency.
Speaker 3: You give us a chance. Oh, give us a consistency.
Speaker 4: To give us a chance, we'll go, owen sixteen, oh, seventeen, how many games it is, seventeen, We'll go, oh, in seventeen, man, playing like we played today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and hold on, I'm trying to find this well, y'all. Was terrible. I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was bad. It was bad. It was bad. And I didn't expect Daniel Jones to look like he looked. I didn't expect Daniel Jones to look like he looked. Man.
Speaker 1: They had the thing up there, they said, Daniel Jones looked like Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson looked like Daniel Jones. Man, y'all, they were terrible. Oh here it is right here on y'all. I mean, I think it was the first time they had scored on three consecutive of possessions since Peyton Manning in two thousand than six. Yeah, man, okay, so yeah, they started, they started or they started the game. Oh, they scored, they kicked the field goal, they scored a touchdown, score a touchdown, kick the field goal, scored a touch of kicked another field goal.
Speaker 2: I mean, dang, hold on.
Speaker 1: So they got one, two, three, four or five six. They scored on six of their their first six possessions.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: And then listen to a look to will look bad on yo, and then and and then, and then and and and Reek was frustrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, it's tough, man, it's tough. It's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 4: But listen, we're doing over unders. You think you think if things continue to go like.
Speaker 1: This, We already had this conversation this summer. You told me they would trade Reek.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Look, if they continue to go like this, being that they're they're they're going they're going younger. As you can see, letting Jailen go.
Speaker 3: They're resetting their rebuilding. There there could be a chance.
Speaker 4: There are many many suitors that can use Tyreek, many still one of the best in the game. Don't don't, don't be fool because things aren't going to right collectively as a cohesive offense over there and with the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Chat y'all, Remember me and Oo had this conversation and he laughed at me and talked about but what you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I expected them to look completely different as opposed to what I saw today. Now there's a chance they can bounce back. There's a chance that can bounce back after today's performance because that was Oh.
Speaker 2: They don't look good defensively though, Oyo.
Speaker 4: Our identity was never our defense anyway, it was all okay.
Speaker 1: So offensively, you got sacked three times, you threw two pigs and your fumble, So what's your identity?
Speaker 2: Now? He probably got bad of your face because you don't want nobody to know who you are.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm. Hey that was bad. That was bad. All you can do all you could do. Go back to the drawing table. You going that Monday, you watch film, You take Tuesday off, go hit the cold tub, hit the hot tub.
Speaker 3: And you get back to rook Wednesday. But who who the Dolphins got?
Speaker 4: Because I'm sure whoever the next game is, it's a winnable game.
Speaker 2: I don't know who they got?
Speaker 4: Chat, Who who the Dolphins got next.
Speaker 2: His QB rating was two point seven.
Speaker 3: God damn, yeah, that's real.
Speaker 1: That ain't even good. That's a good GPA. I mean that's a c. Yeah, I got the pass.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're good. We're good. We're good, We're good.
Speaker 1: You do realize, Hey, hal landra had two and a half sacks today. I don't know they might get.
Speaker 4: No, No, we're good. Listen, the Raiders. The Raiders just beat the past. To day, the Raiding beat the past the day. Gino was out there goddamn dealing and if we're going to have a rebound game to get that bad taste of our mouth against the Coats, a game that obviously you would think we should have won because Danny Dines was dealing to day, he was dealing. Jonathan Taylor was doing this thing as well. I think we beat the Patriots. You beat the Patriots and all of them they playing in Miami. Yes, oh, mar we got this, we got this. Were good.
Speaker 2: We're good. Y'all not good?
Speaker 4: Oyo, we yous we one, it's we won.
Speaker 1: I don't care if y'all played like this in week ten. Y'all look bad? Did you look bad?
Speaker 2: Yes? Or no? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We look bad, look bad. I'm just being honest. But you know this NFL. Now you know what you know, one week you look bad, the.
Speaker 3: Next week, well, where the hell does come from?
Speaker 4: It happens, It's possible, it.
Speaker 2: Is, it is.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing is that's concerning for me, O Joe, is your quarterback has to play well. He has to stay healthy. And it's like it is like now, O Joe, anytime he gets hit the ball come out. Yeah, you know, Joe, he got the ball out here. You got to have that ball.
Speaker 4: You got to have two hands on that ball, just in king because you can't see everything around you. Anytime you in that pocket, you got to be here. You got to be that clock, that time, that clock, that clock has.
Speaker 3: To go off on your head and understanding people rushing.
Speaker 1: Daniel Jones was twenty two or twenty nine to seventy two and a touchdown.
Speaker 3: And that's nasty work right there. That's good work too, yes, good work.
Speaker 1: And that's look some we don't need some. We don't need you to. We don't need you to be John Elway of Peyton Manning. So just don't just don't turn it over, right, just give, just give, us a chance. Give us a chance. That's all we ask of you, give us a chance. If you give them a chance, they got the defense is good. Yeah, you know they got Frank, they got some guys over there.
Speaker 2: But damn Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about it. Fins up, baby, finds up.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be all right. We're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: What the Broncos look like today?
Speaker 2: They won?
Speaker 3: They barely won, but okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Boll we put that bang on the tights.
Speaker 3: Barely won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you concerned for your dolphins?
Speaker 4: Hell? Yeah? After what I win is today?
Speaker 2: You just told me chat this man just told me is one game.
Speaker 4: It's one game. But I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm trying to be optimistic. We cannot have that type of show, and there has to be some type of promise when you watch a game. We watch an NFL game for four quarters, you got to see something. Okay, you know what?
Speaker 2: That was?
Speaker 4: Something good that we can build off of. Okay, this is the area we need to work on. We need to go on every goddamn area.
Speaker 2: Everything we need to work out.
Speaker 4: All three fits his game off defense.
Speaker 1: Locking, tackling, running, throwing, other than that, y'all pretty good.
Speaker 2: O Joe. Hey, y'all, let Indiana Jones do a number on y'all.
Speaker 1: They got, y'all got that, y'all got the y'all got the people calling that man Indiana Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, hey, Danny Dime dlis and Danny dy hell.
Speaker 1: He ain't Danny Daves nom Joe. They called him Indiana Jones.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got you. I take that what.
Speaker 1: They gave us a man of nickname after one game said, oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: He was out there dealing.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest with you. He was at the dealing.
Speaker 1: I'm not He did a number on y'all, okyoe uh and he had two I mean he.
Speaker 3: Threw for hold On.
Speaker 2: Jones had a touchdown. He rushed for two touchdowns.
Speaker 1: The coach scored on all seven of their offensive possession in today's victory, becoming the first team, says at least nineteen seventy eight to score on every offense possession.
Speaker 2: In a game. That's what Indiana Jones did to y'all.
Speaker 4: A defense we need, we need that.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 4: Don't don't make me sad. Don't make me sad, because I've been in good spirits. My Bengals won, and I'm hoping. I'm hoping. Matter of fact, I tell you, I'll tell you what if the Dolphins lose to the Patriots this next upcoming week, my allegiance to them, I can't do it. No more can be done. I'm done. I'm done because I've been listening. I've been going through this since nineteen eighty four. Nineteen eighty four, when I understood that I'm from Miami. Yes, my home team is the Miami Dolphins. I been and things ain't been right since. Okay, well, god damn man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all look bad. On y'all, y'all look bad.
Speaker 4: I I know I have I have faith. I have faith in Tour despite the day's performance. I have faith in Mike McDaniel, despite the day's performance. I think we're gonna be all right. I got faith in Tyreek, I got faith in jaylen Wat. I don't know if I think Water might be hurt. That's something something happened to water.
Speaker 2: Is it true? They was hollering m VP and Indie today, come on, getting MVP changed. That's what I heard. I don't know with ya, I wasn't there going about.
Speaker 4: What I heard, don't do that. Don't do that, the MVP, MVP, don't do that. Damn man.
Speaker 1: Then a gator man, y'allall called the man to get a nicknamed Indiana Jones, and.
Speaker 4: That just home't feel advantage. Let's see what happened when you play away in the hostile environment and a chaotic environment. We don't have your fans on your side where it's not as easy, where you can't hear what's going on.
Speaker 3: You got everybody chirping at you. Let's see what happened.
Speaker 1: Then the Rams beat the Texans fourteen to nine. Matthew Stafford passed for two hundred and forty five yards and a touchdown while becoming the sixth the tenth quarterback excuse me in NFL history to throw four at least sixty thousand yards in a career. Yamn pooka. The core ten catchers above thirty on eleven targets, Davonte Adams four catches fifty one yards on eight target.
Speaker 2: He was dead.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, Matthew Stafford, man, look but he was in Detroit. You don't realize how good he was because they lost, and you're like, man, y'all got y'all got Metatron, y'all could win no more than that. Y'all had Reggie, they had a couple of guys that could run the ball, and like, man, y'all got to be better than that boy he got with who he can flat out throw the football.
Speaker 4: He's a gunslinger.
Speaker 1: Boy, he could throw it. I ain't never seen nobody throw so many. No, look classes, Y'll be looking over here and yeah, and it be right on the money.
Speaker 3: Right on the money, right on the money.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's one of the reasons why they didn't force me even practicing training camp. Oh you got to it's some wrong with you. Go ahead and take that off, go ahead and relact, because we knew what you could do once you once you're in between those hashes, once you're in between those lines. Super Bowl winning quarterback. He's always been a gun slinger. He's in the same class when we talk about gunslingers as your John always, your Brett falls An Rogers, you're Michael Vicks. I just I through figure that because I want to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know you. You threw a bit there, but he did. They did win, They came back and they won the game. This weekend so yeah, he had to Shawn Jackson. Delaware State won there also, Oh yeah, the Bucks beat the Falcons twenty three twenty in dramatic fashion, only eight months after helping Ohio State win a national championship a mecca to touchdown yep, he called two touchdown passing, including a game a go ahead twenty five yarder with fifty nine seconds remaining. Baker was seventeen to thirty two, one sixty seven with three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Young young Way co Uh, I mean a spell, y'all, go highest spell.
Speaker 4: What's his name?
Speaker 2: Young Way? Young Way?
Speaker 4: What's his last name?
Speaker 2: Cool? K o? Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay? What happened to the other kicker that was up?
Speaker 2: He there? He just missed it this type of way? Why he pushed it?
Speaker 4: Ye right right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was name. I thought the name was young Ho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I spelled. But a.
Speaker 1: Man, I just knew they were gonna they were gonna come to they will. They werenna tie this game. Uh, Pennic Junr the great job of fourth down to die, get the first down, and man, that.
Speaker 4: Was a good game. C Strouds ce Strouds playing well. Uh.
Speaker 1: He was nineteen to twenty seven eighty eight, one interception, three sack. He was sacked three times. Nick Chubb had a Nick Chubb sighting on yo.
Speaker 4: Uh he was total that rock boy.
Speaker 3: Where did they get Joe Mixon back?
Speaker 1: Uh? They couldn't really get Nico Collins involved. Uh, but Pookerd the core had himself a day. Kyri Williams had eighteen for sixty sixty six yards of a touchdown. Yeah, but it was. It was a very interesting game. I mean, Baker Baker those three big touchdowns, that's right here in the game. But that's what Baker's done since he's been there. He finds a way to win the ball game. He had a couple of touchdowns, and they were killing around and building around and middling around, and they got the ball back. He takes them right down the field and get a touchdown. Like, Nah, I don't want no sticking field goal. I don't want no overtime. I'm I'm going home.
Speaker 4: I got to get up out of here. Yeah, I'm going They're not paying me for overtime.
Speaker 2: I got the first of all. I ain't gonna leave it on it.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna chance it til the kicker anyway, Consider how y'all been missing lately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they need they need to put they need to widen the field goals field goal posts back, No, they need to because everyone is missing kicks that would normally be good. Everybody missing kicks that normally be good. They made it that much more difficult for the kickers by narrowing the goal posts.
Speaker 1: What they've done. Guys have sacrifice distance for accuracy. You see how bardswell, how that sixty yard went through. That looked like it had been good from seventy.
Speaker 4: Didn't it.
Speaker 1: So guys are sacrificing leg strength for accuracy because we look at how many look how many pats we started to see miss Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, the further at you go, the further as you go, the more difficult it is to be accurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, further as you go.
Speaker 4: And this is coming from NFL kicker. You know I wouldn't go that far, but I was a backup here for the Bengals, you know, you know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, way back. Uh. But the Bucks look that division.
Speaker 1: We think it's gonna be the Bucks and the We think it's gonna be the Bucks and the Falcons. That's always nice to go ahead and go on the road. Now we play y'all a game. We're division rivals. We play y'all a game. But y'all got to come to our place. It's always nice to go ahead and get be one up on your division rivals. That division. Carolina they lost today. New Orleans they lost today. Uh Raller didn't look that bad. He had a throat laying the ball game. He could have tied it, and the guy the the dB did a great job of pulling the ball out. Pennix Jr. Was twenty seven forty two to ninety eight one touchdown. He only got sacked once. B Jhon Robinson was six or four hundred one touchdown. Kyle Pitts Kyle Pitts siding. They finally decided to give him the ball. Drake London had eight catches. Kyle Pitts had seven catches. Go ahead, O, Yo, what do you wanna say?
Speaker 4: I will say hey.
Speaker 3: They were a dished. They were aditioning to cayleboy.
Speaker 2: They were laying the game. They didn't give the ball early early.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were they were dishing, boy. They I mean, hey, B John Robinson in open space, I don't want no, I don't want no. Part of that. Oh that turf he making Look he's making everybody look stupid. I'm not saying he's Barry Sanders, No, nobody's barried. Yeah, nobody is. But the only person I've seen that make those kind of moves like that in open space or in tight quarters with maybe Leshawn McCoy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shady McCoy. Yeah, that's what we remind you. Yeah, that's it right, yes, sir, Well be nice. It's You're not gonna have very many opportunities like that.
Speaker 2: Uh, Pennix.
Speaker 1: What was dealing to day is you know you got an opportunity to start and look, he looked good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look good through the ball with some confidence.
Speaker 1: You have to you gonna do a better job of running football twenty eight for sixty nine yards won't get it done. O Yo, that's putting too much pressure on your offensive line. That's putting too much pressure on your quarterback. You need to burn the ball better. You got to run the ball better than that. You've got to run it better than that. That's asking them an awful lot of your quarter your second, your quarterback, in your offensive line when you only get.
Speaker 2: Sixty nine yards rushing.
Speaker 1: Right now, I look, I understand that that Tampa when they got Vita Veil in there, that's not an easy assignment to try to move his big ass out the way. But you gotta, you gotta, you gotta do something with yo. That's that's not nearly that's not nearly good enough. Not nearly good enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Broncos spoiled cam Ward's debut with by the score of twenty to twelve and win the Titans bow. Knicks had an off day, throwing a pair of interceptions. I think he fumbled, uh, the first fumble lost since he was at Auburn. He was at Auburn a long ass time though. But anyway, the Knicks defense had his back. Half a dozen sacks. Uh, They did a tremendous job. Defense looked good. I den look good. We got aftter too, We were swarming.
Speaker 4: Yes, hey, hey for for for for. The Titans.
Speaker 2: Have some drops in there too, though I never really had a big drop late.
Speaker 4: I was ready to tell you they got to help They got to help out. You got to catch the ball for your quarterback. You got to catch the ball for your quarterback to give yourself a chance to win that game. Being those opportunities that they come. They come. They come very erry slim. When you're playing a defense as good as the Broncos, you have to capitalize on every single play, yep, you play because you ain't getting that many.
Speaker 1: Cam wore was twelve or twenty eight one hundred and twelve yards, got sacked six times, lost fifty yards. They only had There were twenty twenty one Russians for seventy one yards. But like I said, really had a drop. They had a couple of drives that dropped the ball in there. And you got to make those plays. Like you said, oh that's a rookie in that situation, you got to help him out.
Speaker 2: Got to and did he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't get it a whole lot of help today. He did not get a whole lot of help today. Bo Nicks. For a Seconday, I thought he had a Titans, you know, t shirt up under that Bronco jersey, because damn he was trying to help them guys win the play through some horrible interceptions twenty five or forty one seventy six a touchdowns to interceptions at a costly fumble, was only sacked once. Broncos ran the ball well thirty thirty car for Buck fifty one.
Speaker 2: JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins had a nineteen yard touchdown. Harvey, the first round draft pick, had a fifty yard run. But uh at court and Sutton, who signed a big contract this offseason, had a great touchdown catch.
Speaker 2: But that won't get it done. Never has to be better than what they showed today.
Speaker 1: Now, the Titans defensively, they got you know, they kind of got bailed out because Simmons, yeah, shoved the guy and they called unnecessary rofference and they had to had the ball. Uh, they allowed the Broncos to keep the ball for a little longer than what they probably should have had it.
Speaker 2: But you got you got to be better than that.
Speaker 1: But uh, cam Wore did not get a help a lot of help permiss receivers today, Old show.
Speaker 2: It had been very.
Speaker 1: Interesting to see had you know, because really, really what doesn't normally drop that? Now and he had a couple of drops, a couple in crucial situations, and we know that what type of receiver Cavin really is. We we've talked about it at nauseum here at the last last couple of days. But that won't get it done. That won't get it done.
Speaker 4: Got the had those baby, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then you know he didn't cam then turned over, he fumbled, he got a they brought a safety, brought a cat blitz on him and got the ball out of their Yeah, got the ball out there late in the game that that ended up ended it for him. So Broncos win by the score of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Go to one and zero in the division and.
Speaker 1: Guess what what for the first time, and ain't no telling how long, at least a decade, the Chiefs are at the bottom of the division. Third stringer Jake how you pronounce the name Tongeins had a late touchdown catch to give the forty nine Ers the seventeen thirteen win over the Seahawks. He ended the game having never caught an NFL pass. He finished with three receptions and released of a relief of injured George Kettle.
Speaker 2: Kettle got injured hamstring.
Speaker 4: Oh that's what it was, Okay, soft tissue hamstring.
Speaker 1: And hey, pretty pretty put it up. And the guy came down and made a great play for him. And you got sometimes on you. You gotta have guys making plays for you. Everything's not gonna always be perfect. Boy Ooh, Pertty didn't look good today. Now, sometimes I think you try to go out there, you try to, you know, you try to. I mean those interceptions. Yeah, he was twenty six and thirty five two seventy seven, two touchdowns, too interceptions. He was only sacked once. Sam Donald was sixteen of twenty three hundred and fifty yards, no touchdowns, no interceptions. Jackson Smith and Jigbuck nine for Buck twenty four. But oh he had a turnover. He fumbled at the end of the game. And then what do you call him?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Bosa probably credited you're dead. Probably credited Boso with a sack yep.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Fred Warner with Fred Warner, Ricky Piersoll had had a nice game on Joe.
Speaker 4: Did I think jan jenn Jawan Jennings got hurt?
Speaker 2: Denny, I don't know. I see two catches.
Speaker 1: I was watching that game, and you know, I was all, you know, trying to focus on that game, trying to focus on this game over here.
Speaker 2: But Pierce, all, look.
Speaker 3: You had a good game. Today was his coming out game.
Speaker 1: He showed flashes last year, and I think this is one of the reasons why they were they were ready because they knew in order for him to really sprout spread his wings.
Speaker 2: They had to get rid of Debo. They had to let Debo go.
Speaker 4: Those opportunities that Debo would get, now you got to give him them.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: McCaffrey had ten, had nine catches on ten targets, had a big I think fourth down catch to keep a drive alive, to end up turning into I think the uh the touchdown catch forty nine of you to get a kicker. That's what they need.
Speaker 4: Hey, your boy right here.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's that's what that's really what they uh tanjs. So that's how you say his name. T O n ges Tanjas.
Speaker 4: Listen and based on the kickings we saw today and we won. Their a few teams that could use a kicker because a few games the lost based on someone's.
Speaker 2: Foot, Oh Joe. The Jags beat the Panthers twenty six to ten.
Speaker 1: Trevor Lauren threw a touchdown pass, Trevor Atn ran for a buck forty three, and Brian Thomas Jr.
Speaker 2: Also ran for a score.
Speaker 1: Dravis Hunter played thirty nine offensive snaps, called six passes for thirty three yards.
Speaker 2: He played just six snaps on deep bigs. Yeah you want it, I tried. I tried to watch it up of it. It was up.
Speaker 4: I had it up. I had it up.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I think it was a good battance for Travis Hunter.
Speaker 4: Obviously not playing very many defensive snack but obviously they said he would play more offensively. He looked good. He looked decent. Trevor Lawrence looked like a number one pick today. He looked like a number one pick today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 4: Travis Antn looked really good as well. Really he looked. He looked fast, a little bit more explosive. I don't I don't know what it is. I don't don't know.
Speaker 3: He looked fast, a little bit more explosive.
Speaker 1: Uh Bigsby Tank Bigsby played really well last year, and he was trying to take money out of your pockets.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, I see what you're going with it. I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah. Briyance Young eighteen to thirty five, touchdown, two picks. Trevor Lawrence was nineteen to thirty one, one seventy one touchdown, one pick. But like you said, they ran the ball thirty two times for two hundred yards. You know, trap got in and he did catch six passes O yo. Not much on the defensive side. I think he had a half a tackle. But look, well we'll we'll check, we'll check. We'll check back in once the seasons, once as we get further further along in the season, and we'll see probably see it tick up more.
Speaker 2: Maybe fifteen plays next week on defense.
Speaker 1: But I think it's gonna be some time before they you know it says okay, you're not coming off the field, right. Cardinals beat the Saints by the score of twenty to thirteen. Cala Murray one hundred and sixty three yards, hitting Marvin Harrison Junior five times for seventy one yards on a touchdown. He also ran thirty eight yards and another score and a five yard shovel pass to James Connor.
Speaker 2: Uh you know what, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I said, Spencer Ratler, you know, I thought late in the ball game, he had a chance to tie this ball game up or give the Cardinals credit that ended up pulling the ball out. And but I will say this, quarterbacks, on fourth down, last play of the game, you got even if you throw it interception. So what if you throw the ball out of bounds. It's gonna be incomplete.
Speaker 3: Give you got a chance, and give him a chance.
Speaker 4: Damn, that's all. That's all we get asked for.
Speaker 2: Got a chance.
Speaker 1: Spencer Ratler was twenty seven or forty six, two fourteen.
Speaker 2: He was on the sack.
Speaker 3: Once he touched, he looked, he looked, He.
Speaker 2: Didn't, No, he didn't, No, he got he got a nice arm.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, a nice arm?
Speaker 2: Are we are? We?
Speaker 4: And I'm being optimistic? You do understand who they were playing? Right?
Speaker 2: They're playing the Cardinals?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay?
Speaker 2: Were you think the Cardinals gonna be bad this year?
Speaker 4: No? I don't think they're gonna be bad, but they're not a team that you can really, really heavily judge a quarterback on because when it comes to playing better competition, especially better competition defensively, then can you still be consistent and make the right decisions with the ball?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean New Orleans did a great job they got after Cali Murdy sacked him five times, don't you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Watching them games today, man, it got that drilling of going. I was excited. I was hyped watching you know, Star Spangled Banner being sung like I don't I don't know why. It feels like like I can go out there and play like you can't. You don't think so, No, damn I I don't know. I just think I was getting left the game with some injuries.
Speaker 2: Keep it that way, damn.
Speaker 1: Uh. The Raiders beat the Patriots by the score of twenty to thirteen. Geno Smith passed for three hundred and sixty two yards and a touchdown in his Raiders' debut. Brock Booers had five catches for one hundred and three yards before leaving the game with a knee injury. Jakobe Myers added eight catches for ninety seven yards.
Speaker 2: Gino just needed to get out of New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gino been playing well since he left New York.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he been willing to deal in Seattle too. I'm not sure why.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure why they let him go, but he gonna will and deal out there in Las Vegas. Yeah, that's one thing you can do is he can throw that ball. He can spin it. He can he can spin it. And now you got some You got some very very good targets that you get to throw the ball to. Expressly, Brock Bowers, who was probably going to be the best tightens in the game, and he'll probably solidify that spot after this season, probably, So they gonna be all right. They gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: I mean they needed Gino was twenty four thirty four, three sixty two, one touchdown on a reception, got it, they got sacked, But he he still was dealing because they didn't really have no resemblance of a run game. Twenty four rushing temp fifty six yards, Ashton Jenny average two yards to carry. But Brock Boos, like you said, Ashton gent excuse me. Brock Boos and Jakobe Myers between the two of them had thirteen catches for two hundred yards.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it is the fact that Gino Smith was still willing and dealing with no run presence at all. Yep, with no run. President asking genty he's gonna get off. You're gonna have games like this. You're gonna have games like this. You're not. It's different. It's ain't boys a state. Yeah, everybody just as strong, everybody just as fast, and all that being with a bounce, bounce it outside. They ain't gonna be none of that. Ain't gonna be done that you gotta find that crease and you got to hit it. You got to hit it and.
Speaker 5: Go yeah, because everybody penstate, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we're gonna get you out of here on this.
Speaker 1: When it's time for our final segment of the evening, it's time for Q and eight.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait wait uh I'm not gonna tell you the surprise for tomorrow. Oh that's oh that's the time. Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Uh, time for Q and A Chris ballasay.
Speaker 1: As a lifelong Patriots fans, I must say I'm not pleased with from what I've been seeing from my team, especially offensively, thirteen points. Really clearly something needs to happen. This is not the standard. I mean, that's your new standard.
Speaker 4: Had shoot the bank. We only score seventeen. Well, we scored sixteen.
Speaker 2: I'm scored seventeen, seventeen.
Speaker 4: Share we have We average thirty three last year. Uh we average thirty three, you know. So, I mean it's sometimes you play teams and something, they got your number, something gonna be like this, and it's week one, it's week one two. People, we got we got the you know, we got calm, calm, calm, calm down. I think I think the patrioon, the Patriot's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be all right.
Speaker 3: Drake May he gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: Mark said, it's funny that Shannon thinks he can critique quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: I can, Yeah, I played a game. I studied the game. Yeah I can. I can't critique quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, we we can. I can too because I played quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why can I Yeah?
Speaker 4: We should have saw me in high school? Right?
Speaker 1: Uh? Dag Nante Cobb is the best opening game I've seen in my life.
Speaker 2: And I'm forty three years old. What say you oo?
Speaker 1: I guess he's talking about tonight, Buffalo, bottom up Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Hey, that was good. That game was good. That game was good people.
Speaker 1: Was it ninety four? Was it ninety four? The Patriots and the Dolphins had a game like this. I think Blesso threw for like four to seventy something and Marino had like three eighty four hundred. Go back and check that game open. I think it's ninety four. That might have been the game of Blesso had like seventy past attempts. Was that opening day ninety four the Dolphins and the Patriots. Yeah, this was a very good game. I mean you got scoring. I mean, you got both quarterback playing extremely well, both offenses playing well. Uh you just I mean you just had the one turnover and when you turned the ball over basically ended up costing the rape. You hate say it cost him a game, but it gave it gave Buffalo some momentum that they didn't have. It gave him some juice, It gave him some life. They were on life support, yeah, and that fumble gave them, gave them life.
Speaker 4: You know what else game up you already passed for?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Remember remember that that Gamember.
Speaker 2: That was Opening day though, that was yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember that game in twenty eighteen, the Chief Rams game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for that thing was nice. Yeah, that was another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That that ninety four game the Dolphins and the Patriots. Dandy threw for four to seventy three. Blesso threw for four to twenty one. That was being coach coming out party. That was that was a barn burner.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But this game, you know, I was playing, I just remember I just remember going home.
Speaker 2: And seeing and and seeing the highlights of it.
Speaker 1: But this game here, yeah, I mean I'm trying to think of another game that opening night. Off the top of my head, I can't think off the top of my head, but this is what that This game tonight Buffalo and Baltimore was was great? A damn Smith. That makes no sense. How Ravens can't close our games? How the hell they keep making mistakes allowing teams to come back?
Speaker 2: You just said it making mistakes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're into the season off making mistakes, and you started the season off making mistakes in the same mistakes from last year that cost you. Hell, it casts you again this.
Speaker 1: Time, Ravens o'lon is horrific. They got exposed again. Isn't the Eagles and Bills old lied not good? I don't think what do you mean, Hey, do you think the Ravens old line got exposed?
Speaker 4: Was that right guard that kept getting pushed in, that kept ed Oliver kept pushing in the backfield?
Speaker 3: That right guard.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that is. But he is the weak. That's the fish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, no disrespect, but he is the fish.
Speaker 2: Oh let's see. Oh, but he's been there, he's been a starter, he's been there a while.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's five five. I don't think it's him. Maybe maybe it's the he's the right guard, might have been maybe left guard. Dude, whoever it is is tarms t tall as hell, and Ed Oliver kept getting right up underneath him.
Speaker 2: Well, ed Oliver.
Speaker 1: Oliver liked six to one, so it ain't it didn't take much if you talk about so he probably likes six four six three six four and Ed Oliver probably like six foot six.
Speaker 4: One right, Okay, but he's but he's powerful.
Speaker 1: I mean, you look at Lamar fourteen to nineteen, two oh nine, two touchdowns. Look at the offense running the football, twenty nine rush attempts, two hundred and thirty eight yards.
Speaker 4: God damn.
Speaker 1: That offensive line. I mean, and they only gave up two sacks. No, they gotta that defense got to do a better job. They gave him five hundred yards or tow offense to the to Josh to Josh Josh Allen. They got to do a better job, Ley said. The Ravens kicker missed the extra point after Henry scored. They did, he did. He came back to bottom. Because now if Baltimore kicks the field goal, it's it goes to overtime. Now Balton Buffalo probably takes a different approach, you know, they killed the clock and now they're going for.
Speaker 2: The end zone.
Speaker 1: So Shine the Ravens play to contain Josh, not to sack him. Ravens felt their corners are better than the Bills receivers. How'd that work out for him? King Payin, say, go take Alexander back where we got him from. Shouldn't have depended on the offense to get up and stay up to shut the game out. This defense needs to step up. I'm talking more than Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 4: Hey, you put up forty points in any in any football game, at any level, you're supposed to win the game. Yeah, at any level, high school, pee wee college, especially the NFL forty Well.
Speaker 1: Mike would tell us if look, if we lose forty one forty offense, y'all ain't doing enough. If we lose, if we lose ten, if we lose ten, thirteen, defense, you didn't do enough.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But that turnover, when you turn the ball over is of the utmost important. If if Henry fumbles this ball in the first half, we were having a different conversation.
Speaker 4: Good good, we have a different conversation.
Speaker 1: But uh, Gil, Yeah, I just think you got to give Buffalo credit for knock down, I mean down. They were down forty to twenty five with less than five minutes to go. You need two scores and one of them need and you need a two point conversion after it. So that's what happened. Trey Tyner said, Uncanocho Raveis got to do something about seventy on the old line. Ed Oliver ran through him all night, caused the precious on d Henry fumble.
Speaker 2: That was him right there.
Speaker 4: Who number seventy, that's number.
Speaker 2: Seventy, lay lady in it a Rose Guardian.
Speaker 4: That's the one that's the name.
Speaker 1: Huh No, he's the right tackle Rose and Garden is the right tackle.
Speaker 2: Right tackle. Okay, yeah, yeah, it's the right tackle. But he was he did good.
Speaker 1: Remember he ended up he ended up getting Miles Garrett Jersey last year after the job that he did on Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: Just had a bad night.
Speaker 1: Cal Simps said, help me understand how the Ravens defense is bad when they go against Lamar every day in practice. I know it's not every period, but lord and keep your head up, King Henry. No, actually they don't. They probably only go against the Ravens offense in two minutes because that's really the only time that you see the Ravens offense. We went ones against ones in the two minutes two minute situation the only time. Yeah, because yeah, we wanted our best against the best.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Calp Simps officer said, Bible says a man who doesn't work a work doesn't eat. Ravens defense didn't work today. Q Jimmy Johnson, no food on the plane behavior. Pteril said, why, oh, your's face looked like Whopper's candy. Pay Uh yeah, oh your pay me?
Speaker 4: He said, my face looks like what.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They said last they said, what was that Saturday? They said, your name was dud Milk dud oh Man.
Speaker 4: Listen, y'all talking. Listen, people talking, Man, I was I was. Listen.
Speaker 3: People got to remember, like I was two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: From two thousand and five to two thousand and nine, I was really one of the sexiest men alive.
Speaker 3: And this in the world, not just not just here in the States, in the world.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, you've been alive.
Speaker 1: I mean, if there's a man alive, I mean I'm assuming that you're talking about you know, everywhere.
Speaker 2: But okay, let's see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this this was in EQ. You know, women women rated me, you know, you know, top five sexiest men it is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm shure.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Stephen Bass said, uncle oho, love y'all, big fans. What's different about playing on Sunday night football versus Monday night games?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Can you give another childhood story about you haven't told? Oh Joe, what what's the difference you play on Sunday night play on Monday night?
Speaker 4: You know what, I don't really think it's no difference. I don't think it's no difference.
Speaker 2: Sunday There wasn't.
Speaker 1: There wasn't always Sunday night games. Yeah, I mean since the seventies, there's been Monday night. Monday night. You have everybody's attention, everybody else in the NFL because you know, sometimes on Sunday night.
Speaker 2: On teams are flying. Yeah. Yeah, so now Monday night.
Speaker 3: Everybody watching front front center.
Speaker 2: Front and center, everybody.
Speaker 1: Front and center, and uh it's it's look, you got you got stage, center, stage, all to yourself on both nights. But a lot of teams are traveling and things might happen. They're getting dressed, trying to get up out of there, trying to get back to a location. Uh, and so they might miss something. But on Monday night, ain't nobody trying to nowhere. Everybody's already home, a lot of teams, some guys might be going to the A A man, oh we over, we over?
Speaker 2: Oht your house tonight?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: All right? Cool?
Speaker 1: Everybody watching? So you got everybody undivided attention. But it's always great. Uh, I'm trying to think. No, ESPIN didn't always have Actually, games used to come on T and T on Sunday nights.
Speaker 2: T and T know TNT you have Saturday Night football?
Speaker 4: Uh huh that uh.
Speaker 2: In the nineties.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I finished say, yeah I have T and T.
Speaker 4: Back then I had fire stick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had TNT.
Speaker 1: I think I'm trying to think when did the I'm not sure because I remember we played ninety five.
Speaker 2: I think ninety five. There might have been two games.
Speaker 1: I mean ESPN and tn T might have had had a because we played Buffalo in ninety five on tn T.
Speaker 2: But what not? Yeah? What it? Man? I forget, Man, that's so long, that's thirty years ago. Yeah, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we used to play tn T. Yeah, can you chase it? If if if I'm not mistaken. I think our Sunday night game Open the Night nineteen ninety five was on tn T. I'm almost certain of it, thought Joe, I'm almost certain of it.
Speaker 4: You know it wasn't tn T because I'm a firestick. I used to get the NFL games and I used to get wrestling this in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah it was, Yeah, it was. It was cn T. Can can you all find out when ESPN got Sunday Night Football? Uh?
Speaker 1: But look, I think if look, if you want, everybody, a lot of people is going to be watching, you know because like during the day, a lot of people go to church, so you know, sometimes people don't get an opportunity to come back. They watched the late game sometimes, you know people in church now, especially in the Black church. Oh yeah, you definitely gonna miss that one o'clock game.
Speaker 4: Listen, you miss that, you get that halftime? Yeah, I go, I go, I go to ten o'clock service. You still won't get home till after halftime.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you go miss that one.
Speaker 4: Preach you up be up there all day. The goddamn Benediction got to wait on the sermon. He got to get a word then you got you got ties and offering. They got by full ties and offerings.
Speaker 2: They were both they were NBC.
Speaker 1: Damn so they had so they uh what at the same time, damn ESPN and what you call him with the tn T it was airing games at the same time in the NFL, said, man were losing money.
Speaker 2: See why why would we do that? O Joe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Hey it's hard. It's hard to compete with the rationing back then. Now but you.
Speaker 2: See tn T.
Speaker 1: So oh wow, So it was split broadcast. Okay, So it's okay. So that's what it was. T and T had like the first eight games and then ESPN had the second eight games. Michael said, and continue to love the show after working and watching Josh Allen tonight. How long does it take Jed York to realize they overpaid party? Alan Lamarge, what fifty million plus quarterback look like? It's all about the market. It's all about the market.
Speaker 3: All about marketing, timing.
Speaker 2: Huh yep.
Speaker 4: There are no other options, no other options. You're not finding another Josh Allen no time soon. So the best available quarterback for the forty nine ers at that time was Brock Party. So you had no choice but to pay, because where else are you gonna get one from?
Speaker 1: Lord, have mercy. We had an opportunity to draft Josh Allen. The Broncos had an opportunity to Josh draft Josh Allen, right, and they didn't. They took Bradley Chubb at five. Buffalo took Josh Allen at seven.
Speaker 4: Wait, who is the quarterback at that time?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: I don't give damn who the quarterback was? We needed a quarterback, Trevor Simeon.
Speaker 2: Who was it?
Speaker 1: Trevor Simeon. Allen had to be probably Trevor Simeon. Okay, Manny had retired m.
Speaker 2: Ms Q.
Speaker 1: How about the ending of the nine of Seahawk Jake first catch, first touchdown game strip sacked by Nick Bosa Moody gotta go true. If Dereg Hemry is the running back with the ball and Cam Chancers the safety coming downhill and they meet, who wins that match up?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna. I'm going with Cam on that one. Cam, listen, Cam has the size, yeah, the weight distribution, Yes, be able to win that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I take Cam. Cam had no regard for his body or yours at all. He blew it up everything. Tyrn said, what's up? Ucking o yoe? What in the world, Miami Dot, What are we gonna do with my guy going on? They made Daniel Jones look like Peyton Manning and tour was good and terrible. He was absolutely awful, absolutely awful.
Speaker 4: Damn man. We're gonna be all right, though I'm optimistic. If we lose against the Patriots.
Speaker 1: And I'm done, you may be done. Oh yo, Real Carter said, should the map? Should the Dolphins cut or trade to her? I don't think he's the answer.
Speaker 4: Well, they ain't cutting. They ain't cutting nobody in the second year of a twenty fifty million dollar deal. That that's not happening. That's not happening.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I do see the direction in which the Dolphins are going.
Speaker 4: They're in the rebuilding phase. They're going young, getting rid of most of the older players, all lout Jayalen Ramsey next will probably be my young bull that wears number ten.
Speaker 3: If things don't turn around.
Speaker 1: Reco paying Riek to the Steelers, Roman Wilson and a third round maybe a fourth who to the Steelers Riek Tyreke.
Speaker 4: Oh, it don't matter where he go. If you put him anywhere with a quarterback, man, you already know what that means.
Speaker 2: Well, you're gonna pie him that.
Speaker 1: You know who wants to pay if you got if somebody got a quarterback, what they do already have?
Speaker 2: O yoe a thirty million dollar receiver? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just goal to show you, oyo. Sometimes the grass ain't always greener, is it?
Speaker 4: It ain't?
Speaker 3: But he was able to make it greener.
Speaker 4: He's a season, same one with that same quarterback that has seventeen back to back, seventeen seventeen hundred yards.
Speaker 1: Se Let me ask you a question. When do you think Kansas City? How many times you see him doing this? When do you think Kansas City? How many times you see him not go back into the game? Ah, Bravin Petels said, oh yo, how about your Bengals almost getting cooked by the Browns?
Speaker 2: Sorry as Bengals.
Speaker 4: I see, I think people the people hear the Browns. They hear the Browns and they just think of a trash But they don't understand how good their defense is. Like I continue to preach it, like I'm a Bengal at heart. You know that if I'm telling you how good they are, they're one of the few teams where the personnel is good at all three levels. Den zed Ward and Greg Newsom are extremely good on for Miles Garrett, very good.
Speaker 1: That's a I mean the way y'all feel about the Browns, That's how I used to feel about the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Oh, y'all were terrible in the nineties.
Speaker 4: It was bad. You ain't gotta tell me.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I heard listen, I heard the stories.
Speaker 2: Boy, y'all were good. Y'all. Boy, y'all wasn't even good. Terrible y'all was band terrible.
Speaker 4: Was Jeff Blake. Jeff Blake was a quarterback then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, y'all have well I got. I played against Blake. I played against a Kelly Smith. We played against Boomer was the quarterback. First year we played y'all, ninety three, Boomer was the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Man. I don't know who y'all quarterback was in nineties, was it? Yea?
Speaker 1: It might have been ninety We played y'all in ninety seven and ninety eight, ninety six and ninety eight. I played against Keeley Smith when I was in Baltimore. Yeah, I was playing.
Speaker 4: I was there with my rookie year.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Robert Drandon said, please see it as this donation goes towards the Bengals Old Line Foundation. I saw, I saw the commercial. It looks like they're in dire need for any assistance. Aaron Jones. Remember when Eagle fans chatted to run the ball. We need to do that again, at least establish it. Uh that will get a wide receiver open, and we need a cornerback.
Speaker 2: Aaron Jones, who is your team? The Packers?
Speaker 1: B K said, your Broncos tried to give them the Titans the game, but we didn't want it. True money making g unking oo o Choe crossed the line today. He got there Bett and give him money. He owed you away. I'm down, Hey, I'm down in Charcey, Georgia. But I can pull up on him if you need me to. Just say the word pay o Joe.
Speaker 4: Hey, Well listen, come on, come on, go ahead and pull up. Well, we're gonna we gonna, were gonna get out. We're gonna get your shop now. We're gonna we're gonna get you nice and sharp. But what color? What color you want to well, what color you want your suit?
Speaker 1: Uh? Uh tyverything, Hupper says to Louke unkin O Joe, Would you guys ever consider doing it once a week calling the show? I mean, we're trying to figure we try to make that happen. Bro, We tried to make that happen. We we hey, we we we do.
Speaker 2: It all that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna. We're gonna. We're gonna get it right. We don't get it right, We'll get you right. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. We wanna thank you guys for joining us, for staying up late with us as we watched the barn Burner, one of the best opening the games of the NFL season in a very long time, as the Buffalo Bills come back from fifteen down with under five minutes left in the ball game to nip the Baltimore Ravens by the score of forty one forty.
Speaker 2: They overcame one hundred.
Speaker 1: And sixty nine yards rushing from Deck Henry in two touchdowns and two passing touchdowns from Lamar Jackson. But if tonight belonged to the Buffalo Bills mainly Josh Allen thirty three and forty six three ninety four two touchdowns passing, he had another two touchdowns rushing, so Josh Allen was sensational keyon Koben called a deflective touchdown on fourth down and had a big catch to get them in field goal range. He finished with eight catches for a buck twelve at a touchdown as they come back from fifteen down with under five minutes and beat the Baltimore Ravens forty one to forty. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: I am your favorite, Ank Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host.
Speaker 1: That's Liberty City, That's Bengals Ring of honoreed the former pro bowler, the All Pro. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please guys, hit that subscribe button, Please hit that like button, and do it as a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. I personally would like to thank each and every one of you that have ever listened, that have ever viewed or shared by word of mouth what Nightcap is. Oh Cho also like to thank you. He sees you a lot more than I do, because he's out there in the streets and he's saying thank you for supporting Nightcap because none of this is possible without you. And we want to personally thank you for supporting Nightcap. Now go support Shade by Laportier. If you can't find it any city or state near you ordered online, we'll ship it directly to your door. It's the best test in premium bsup kangyak on the market. If you've tried it, you know this. If you have a try it, you will not be disappointed. We also have a limited edition release of a commenditive edition of My brother and I. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and all us he and I became the first two brothers inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and so something special I wanted to do for him. This is Him and I. You can see it on your screen. Order. It's a very very limited release and once they're gone, they're gone. So just head over to La Portierkangnak dot com to grab your bottle while you still can. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, Shay Shaped Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: That link is also penned in the chat.
Speaker 1: We've got a new show under the umbrella of shay Shaped Media Devo and Joe James Harrison and Joe Hayden Please go subscribe to their YouTube page Devo and Joe. They'll have be live tomorrow morning at eleven a m. Eastern for Week one reaction. I know both guys are James is gonna be really happy about the Steelers, Joe not so much about his Browns because they had an opportunity to win it. So make sure you check check out Devo and Joe tomorrow. Thank you guys for watching Buffalo take down Baltimore at Home forty one forty. We'll see you tomorrow after Minnesota and Chicago. Thank you guys for joining us tonight.
Speaker 4: Thank