Speaker 1: Fuck cancer.
Speaker 2: Facts ditto. That's the sound bite and the horse it rolled in on.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: It all started with real talk, unfiltered, honest and straight from the heart. Since then, we've gone on to become Webby Award winning podcasters in New York Times bestselling authors.
Speaker 4: Dead Ass was more than a podcast for us. It was about our growth, a place where we could be vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Be wrang or, but most apportantly be us.
Speaker 4: But as we know, life keeps evolving, and so do we, and through it all, one thing has never changed. This is a sever after ass because we got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: Story time, so I'm gonna take y'all through. This is the first time I'm gonna do time jumps in the story. Okay, are we gonna start with September twenty twenty five. September twenty twenty five, y'all heard this story me and came down here with the podcast crew. Pops has a s got to fix that. I'm like, yo, I got this. You know what I'm saying. I studied exercise physiology. All we gotta do is move the body, get them back. I used to work with stroke patients all the time, I said, Pops, let's go out, get in the sun. Let's move around all September me and Pops moving around here getting better. October come up heart failure. I'm like, okay, we can get through this. I studied exercise physiology. I know what to do. We can go outside in the sun. We can get some movement, get this heart moving again, get the circulation. We're doing all this, I toob but right November comes up cancer. Well, can't work out through that, Bruh. Got to actually go to the doctor and get some shit done them three months finding out all that information about your dad. I'm gonna say something for the first time in front of everybody that I never said in front of you. I thought Pops was gonna die time. Yes, so.
Speaker 2: My father when he.
Speaker 4: Was on the tail end of things and finished his treatment, finished the treatments. I hate to say his treatment and his diagnosis because I never claimed that over his life it was just a diagnosis and treatments, because I feel like when you put the possession on things sometimes it makes it feel like it's yours. And I felt like it's yeah, and I'm like, it's not it. When he finished the treatments associated with his diagnosis, he said to me. When I said, Dad, I'm like, yo, you're looking like, you know, one percent better every day, Like how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: And he said to me, you can't keep a good man down.
Speaker 1: Oh I know where you're going with this.
Speaker 5: So when he said that, I was just like bo bo bob, because of course I.
Speaker 2: Heard the tune in my head right, so you know this, You can't keep a good man down.
Speaker 4: Always keep smile, and they want I'm too frown, keep my vibes and used to miground. They can never ever take my ground, stolid as a rock.
Speaker 2: They just can't stop you.
Speaker 6: Now you're just cast me.
Speaker 7: Now, No, that was my college when you come out to that.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, shout out to Pops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that song could could be.
Speaker 4: Yeah right exactly. It could totally be an anthem for so many things. But when he said that to me, I was like, bro, you were absolutely right, You're absolutely right. And man, did my father ever prove anything to me in life?
Speaker 2: This was the time where I was like, wow.
Speaker 1: To you, all of us, yeah.
Speaker 2: All of us, All right, y'all, we'll be back.
Speaker 1: Let me take it back to storytime. I said something at the very end of storytime that I know you've never heard me say, but I thought Pops was going to die. And the reason why just me being honest is because remember in two thousand and eleven, I started working at Parisi's Speed School. Shout out to Kenny Munson and Gary Miller. Kenny Munson was the owner of the Parisi Speed School and Gary Miller was a program director and at the time they were also trying to find ways to bridge the gap between finances and sports performance. So during the day, there was a old person's home that was that like further down to Staten Island, but they needed rehab and all of us had to take exercise physiology and kinesiology classes take on NASM to make sure that we were good with sports medicine. A lot of those elderly people needed to go to rehab after they had strokes, so they was like, hey, how about you bring them here in the middle of the day. There's no students, no kids here, you know, we can have our trainers work with them. So for about two months I was working with a lot of stroke survivors, people who just needed to get their motor functions back. And during that time, The biggest thing that I noticed is the people who go back with the people who wanted to get back the mentality as soon as they got here. I'll never forget this one, lady, Myrtle. I told you a story about older older Italian woman. Right, she comes in and she has the walker and she's just like, hey, you know's murder or whatever. And I said to her, I said, Myrtle, in two weeks, you ain't gonna need that walker. And Myrtle's old as said to me, I don't need this bitch now and through it. And I said, that's the type of mentality you have to have in order to come back from a stroke, because you have to believe it. I started believing Dad was gonna be okay when I started watching him get up on his own, like during chemo and stuff, and going to get on his little foot bike, and he had his bands and he was stretching his bands out every day on his own, like I didn't have to come in here and to say nothing. That's when I said, oh, he wants to be here. He don't want his grandkids to see him like that. He don't want his daughters and his son to see him like that Pop's going to be all right. And when I think about it now, those seven weeks, there was never a moment where we had to say, come on, Pops, let's go to treatment. He was always ready in the first one to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's the one who changed my mind about whether or not he was going to make it when I watched how he attacked it.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely right, because I think we've all had that moment where we were like, oh shit, like this is like the trifecta of things going on, and I'm like, for him at his age seventy three, and I'm not gonna disclose all of the other things that he was dealing with and still deals with, but just knowing that theis the chips were so stacked against him, and it was like several doctors from different specialties having to literally get together and develop a plan for him through all of this, and that definitely helps to have, for example, like my mom and my sister, my mom who's a retired nurse, my sister an active or is my brother in the healthcare field, So everybody bringing their own perspective on things being able to advocate for him. But we were so confident in the treatment plan that they had set forth for him, so that coupled with his attitude, I think helped all of us because there was a moment, and there were several moments over the past couple months, but there was a moment in particular that stands out where Deval and I were sitting outside just kind of in silence but with each other, and then my mom came outside in the front yeah, and we just all kind of sat there for a minute, and it was like a collective cry because we didn't want to do it in the house around dad, because it doesn't help to have all those emotions flowing when someone's actually dealing with this. But we just didn't know how to cope, and it felt like we had moments where we individually were trying to cope without burdening the others with it, and collectively in that moment, it just kind of happened where we all just kind of let.
Speaker 2: It loose and just talked to about how.
Speaker 4: We were going to be able to manage what the next couple of weeks would look like. And I realized, I think in that conversation and even talking to Deval consecutively after that for the next couple of days, we were so concerned about the things that were what ifs, and I found myself being so worried about, like, what if we don't have dad, what if we have to.
Speaker 2: Explain to the kids xyz. What if he never comes back from this?
Speaker 4: What if his quality of life is going to be so drastically changed that he's not even going to be motivated to want to get back. And I had to stop for a second, and your dad is actually the person who gave me a big hug, because he was in town back and forth as well too, but he.
Speaker 2: Gave me a big hug one day when he.
Speaker 4: Was about to leave, and he said, one day at a time, one hour at a time, stopped stressing over the things that could potentially be, and let's deal with what's actually happening. And I was like, and it was probably the way he said it too, because you know your dad, he's like a big teddy bear, and he said it with such compassion in that moment that I was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yadi, and troy ellis, yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Might have been that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It was the way he hugged me. And then he looked at.
Speaker 4: Me and he was just like stop worrying about what could potentially happen. Let's deal with what's actually happening. He said, you're going to stress yourself out with all of the what ifs, And I was like, you know what, that makes so much sense. You know, but I think it's human nature for you to just think about all of the possible worst case scenarios as a defense mechanism to prepare yourself with what may potentially come. So that was a moment where I felt like, Okay, this can be manageable.
Speaker 1: I think it's important to tell people, like how the diagnosis came and what happens when it comes to cancer. A lot of people don't know what happens. They just think, oh, you got cancer and now you're going to die. Dad went through first. He went and got how they discovered the cancer at first?
Speaker 8: Was it up?
Speaker 4: So you know, after the stroke, it was almost and it's almost like crazy how things happened because.
Speaker 2: He had the lump in his neck.
Speaker 1: But it saved his life, It really did.
Speaker 4: Because he had the lump in his neck, but he thought maybe it was a stollen tonsil. You know, it was kind of on and off for a couple months, but it started to get a bit bigger, and when he had the stroke, of course they do an MRI and they do all these different scans, cat scan, this, that the third and it was in that MRI that they realized what it was. Based on the MRI results, they were able to tell that it was likely with a very high percentage oral fled jill cancer so at the base of the tongue that had spread to the lymph node in his neck on the left side.
Speaker 2: So that's what he was feeling.
Speaker 1: Which whenever you hear that a cancer spread to the lymph node, you automatically assumed death. Had we had dealt with this before with alcion, where once they told us that the cancer spread to the lymphos, all of the prognosis from the doctors was like, oh, there's nothing we can do. So when we had heard the dad's cancer had spread to the lymph node, at first I was like, well, they could cut it out, but then he would have no base of his tongue. How does he eat, how does he drink? How does he speak? And then the doctor was saying like, well, he's at a point in his life now where he can't have the surgery to take it out, but he could get chemo and radiation and they can shrink it enough to where it can disappear and go away. And I think that the doctor said that there was like a ninety eight chance of ninety eight percent chance of recovery even though he was still stage three. So a lot of times when people here stage three cancer, they think it's a death sentence. And the reason why I think it's important for us to tell the story is because Dad gave me hope for what's possible right seventy three. Dad isn't a workout warrior.
Speaker 4: I've never seen my dad run in life ever, Like I've never seen my father run. And I said to myself, wait a second, I asked my brother, I asked my sister. My father has never I've never seen him run, like.
Speaker 2: I promise you it was.
Speaker 6: Barret the thing.
Speaker 1: But that's the truth. Though, if he gonna move somewhere, it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be yeah, for sure. But my father doesn't run. So it's funny even dealing with some of his heart things. When he goes to the doctor and they're like, are you feeling shortness of birth? Are you feeling this? He's like, no, no, nope, I'm final he would never be short of breath because he didn't move fast enough to ever be short of breath, you know. So some of these things were like not the best baseline or not the best gauge because like that is not active.
Speaker 1: So you figured this stroke and then the heart attack, well not the heart attack. His heart is operating at twenty six percent correct, it was like thirty five thirty five, which is like that's one third of where your heart's supposed to be operating. So in my mind, when we hear someone's going through that and that and they have to get chemo, which pretty much takes all of the nutrients out of you, it destroys everything. It destroys the good and the bad. But those who destroys all the good things, It's like he's supposed to be recovering from a stroke in his heart, but now we're going to put chemo. I did not think there was a way possible for him to get through this. And we did get through this, and there were things that we did extra as a family that everybody can't do. But I do want to talk about.
Speaker 4: This right and as a disclaimer too, we understand that everyone's prognosis is different.
Speaker 2: Yes, everyone's who has cancer. Anyone who has cancer.
Speaker 4: I should say things are different, like treatments are different, options are different. Because there was a point where I'm like, do we go the holistic right route? Do I, you know, send them to Mexico to this treatment center? Like what is it that would be the best outcome? Would garner the best outcome? But we also wanted to charge him with the autonomy over his life and his prognosis to say this is what I want to do.
Speaker 2: It was his decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Kadina and I also thought about manage seventy three. If you're going, you know, your heart is only a third of percent and you're coming off a stroke, maybe it would be best for us not to put him through chemo and radiation if that's going to make his quality of life bad for the you know, the future. So we thought about that, but then at the same time we were like, yo, it's not our life, it's his life. There's no right or wrong answer. What you have to do is allow people to make their decisions for their life and support them one thousand percent so that they can feel like I did everything in my power. So ultimately that's what we chose because that said, Yo, I want to get radiation and chemo and get this done with right.
Speaker 2: And they believe it was seven weeks.
Speaker 1: Seven weeks there you go five.
Speaker 4: Days radiation, one of those days chemo, So it's not like he was getting chemo every day. But the purpose of it was to try to weaken the tumor so that way it'd be easier for the radiation to kill it.
Speaker 1: Now, there are things that I do want to talk about that I know because we did some outside stuff helped. All of the things I've read about tumors, whether it be in textbooks, whether it be online, whether it be TikTok. Sunlight and sugar, Well, sugar helps tumors grow. The more sugar you eat, no matter where the tumor is, what it is, it helps the tumor grow. Sunlight and oxygen kills tumors. So for me, I told, okay, man, if there's one thing we can do with this, Pops can't drink no more, no more cokes, no more alcohol, no more sugar in the catch up dairy, Like, we really all have to be super disciplined about cutting out the sugar at least for seven weeks while we go through this. That's something we're going to do in this house. So if you look at his house now, if you look at the bar, there's no alcohol on that bar, period. And this is the first time in six years that that bar isn't stock full.
Speaker 2: Actually you actually I didn't even realize that before I realized this more.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but how is that adjustment for him? The sugar and the alcohol.
Speaker 1: Well, at first, in a very very beginning, it was an adjustment because he would come up to me and he'd be like, you know, you know your mother says this alcohol, I tinket is to drinking.
Speaker 3: My friends.
Speaker 1: Some of my friends, they drink more than me and they don't have no stupid cancer. That's how he would talk to me. And I know he was trying to rationalize the fact that he should still have a drink. And sometimes I'd be like, man, he's seventy three years old, Like, let him have a drink. But then I would look over at him and I would look at his grandkid my kids, and be like, nah, bro, like now you have a responsibility to fight this the best way you can because your grandkids are watching, My kids are watching, and I'm not gonna have them coming home and seeing that Granddad go to chemo, go to radiation, come home and have a drink and then get smaller and.
Speaker 2: Smaller, defeating the purpose.
Speaker 4: And what also didn't help was with this particular cancer, in the treatment that he got, his swallow became painful, his mouth developed sores.
Speaker 2: So just anything ingesting orally was a problem for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So after week four or five, which is when they said it would start to impact him, his appetite decreased drastically.
Speaker 2: He was no longer able to eat orally.
Speaker 4: So we had to get a feeding tube for him to be able to feed him through the tube. Now that we're almost four weeks out of ringing the bell, he's slowly starting to get that function back.
Speaker 2: So he would he would try to push through it.
Speaker 4: My sister, being like that firm nurse but also compassionate, was able to poke him.
Speaker 1: Tell the truth, Tell the truth. Sakari is a drill sergeants as much as I am on the boys. That's how Sakari is when it comes to medicine. And this is her dad. I watched them when you was away filming and I was watching. She was like, I don't care you have to do this, dad, Remember the g tube. She was telling him from beginning to get that's what happens. Yeah, she was like, no, you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: This seeing another side of things.
Speaker 1: She was on top of everything like that whatever, and she was unapriogetic about the fact.
Speaker 2: That you have to do this.
Speaker 4: He's like, She's like, do you want to be able to eat and swallow again in life or do you want that muscle reflex to atrophy?
Speaker 2: You're going to have to try to swallow some.
Speaker 1: Of this, will use it. She was She wasn't playing, And that's part of the thing that we need to talk about too. When someone is going through this, there has to be someone in the family who is not going to concede to that person's feelings. It's easy to concede to that person's feelings all the time because is they're going through something and you want to be empathetic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I was the one that was like, all right, dad, Well, like, if you don't want to, it's okay.
Speaker 2: It's funny too.
Speaker 4: How us three children dealt with it differently. My brother is the director of mission at a nursing home, so he sees the worst of people. He sees them after falling, he sees them when they're in rehab. So Tristan was like, I don't want to see it, complete disconnect.
Speaker 2: That's not my dad.
Speaker 4: You know how everyone revers their father in a certain light. He's like, I don't want to see my dad like that. So at first I was just like, dude, where's this nigga? Like he can't book a flight to come down here too, But then I also realized when he did finally book his flight to come he just he dealt with it very differently, whereas Sakari was like, all right, well, I'm gonna have to do all these things, and I was kind.
Speaker 2: Of somewhere in the middle. I was like, Dad, you know, I'm here, bruh. Whatever you need, let me know. As long as it doesn't have to deal with anything squeamish, I'm good. Like I'm not the skywish type.
Speaker 4: Wipe up my toomb and I don't no feed into but I'll be here to chill with you and put on your favorite shows and we'll sit and we'll you know, at one point he wasn't talking, just so you know that that is all.
Speaker 1: Very very important, because even even when I was helping stroke victims at Parisi. There was times that they would bring their kids and grandkids to help them want to move more like if a nurse came with them, it was just like, nah, this this one is struggling, but we brought someone with them to be a pet and emotional support animal. Like y, it's not just about the medical aspect. There was a human aspect of trying to survive cancer that they all need. Like they don't just need to go to the doctor and see medical professionals, they need family and support. I watched and even when people that dad knew and loved that wasn't family come around, how he would like perk up. Then before you know it, he walking around. You haven't walked in two days. But now because triple here, you want to show trible something like people who go through those things need that your brother coming when he did, you being able to take them to go through stuff, taking them outside to sit in the sun. Yeah, Susie, Auntie, Susie.
Speaker 2: Susie, my favorite girl. She came into town.
Speaker 1: Yep, he kept you.
Speaker 4: My dad's sister came. She's brother her my uncle Grantly, So look at timing. So my uncle was an interness here in Georgia for years. He was like the first iteration of my family to come down here. He had three sons with him and his wife. She's a pediatrician. He's an internis and he just retired December thirty first of twenty twenty five, so literally the perfect time.
Speaker 2: And Dad started treatment on the sixth of January.
Speaker 4: And that's his brother, so my uncle was able to take him to and from and care for him and also be that advocate, be that medical professional who sat with Dad, advocate for the things.
Speaker 2: That he needed.
Speaker 4: At one point, Dad realized, like he hated that the benadryl was making him super drowsy on the keybo days. So my uncle was like, how about we lessen the dosage And Dad was like, that's better because he hated feeling so groggy. That that also showed though that my dad is so tough, because it's like most people could probably be like, you know, give me the ben a drool so I don't feel anything, and my dad was like, Noah, give me like half the dose because I could. I could manage this, you know. I was like, wow, that was just amazing.
Speaker 1: You see the importance of having an advocate. We talk about this all the time with black maternal health and how important is for black women to have an advocate when they're going through labor and delivery in the hospital. It's the same thing for anybody who's going through something like this. You need an advocate because when you're emotionally spent from being the person to deal with this and doctors are telling you got to take this, it becomes overwhelming and after a while it's like, you know what, whatever y'all say, I'll do. You need someone outside of that to say, hey, my father, my mom doesn't need that. They need this right. And I think that that was important for Dad because he had a lot of advocates who had a lot of information on top of everybody. And I say that because it's not good enough to just leave your loved ones with medical care professionals say hey, y'all figure it out.
Speaker 2: It's on us for sure.
Speaker 4: And shout out to his team, like the people over at Emery Proton Therapy. It was they were amazing center for his type of cancer. And I mean, he couldn't speak enough about how great they were to him. So shout out to his team for taking great care of him. When he was winding down to the last treatment, he was like, I want to get a little something for like the nurses and the people who helped me. So went to the liquor store, shout out to our liquors store, Previnstagvine and Spirits, and just got some wine. And he was able to distribute the bottle of wine just to say thank you to everyone for like, you know, being there with him.
Speaker 2: And I'd be remiss if I didn't shout out the kids Man Cast the Cairo, Cairo.
Speaker 4: Deacon Dakota, Deacon Dakota, Deacon Dakota, and Past the Cairo specifically them too, because it's so funny.
Speaker 2: There's their personalities are so very similar.
Speaker 4: And Dakota would put on praise and worship music on YouTube.
Speaker 2: He would find like all his favorite praise and worship songs.
Speaker 4: And he's like, Pop, I'm going to sing for you today, and he'd be like, pray.
Speaker 2: The Lord, oh my soul.
Speaker 4: And then there's another there's another song that Cairo liked. I think the Battle, the Battle.
Speaker 2: Belongs to You. That was another one he would play for my dad every day.
Speaker 1: They played every day.
Speaker 4: They literally would come home from school and like sing for him, and Cairo had the entire school praying for my dad in Bible class.
Speaker 2: He wrote a no I posted it all my stories on Instagram.
Speaker 4: It might have been on my close friends, but he pretty much in the prayer was saying, you know, Lord, please heal my grandfather because I want more time with him.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So it's just been amazing to see how the kids have been using their faith to be able to envelope.
Speaker 2: My dad in like the best care and hallelujahs.
Speaker 1: They was downstairs yep, recording like this is just them without them knowing they were doing this. Mm, that's dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they really were rallying.
Speaker 4: Dakota would sit next to Dad and sometimes Dad will be watching whatever show he used to like watch cooking shows on TV and stuff, and the.
Speaker 2: Quota would be like Papa. He was like yeah you okay, okay then or Dad be like yeah, I'm okay, you good. He's like, yeah, you good. He was like, it's just a touch base. It's just a touch base.
Speaker 4: And I really truly think that that helped my dad get through. I tell y'all the story about when I took them to see Santa and what Santa's interaction was with Cairo. So took them to see Santa a day or two before Christmas this year. At this point we knew, the boys knew that dad had cancer and he was dealing.
Speaker 2: With all the things.
Speaker 4: So we get to Santa's house, they each get time what Santa just sit and of course when Cairo goes up, Santa's like, hey, you know, Cairo, how are you? You know, what do you want for Christmas? And He's just like, I really want my grandfather to get healed from cancer. So Santa looked at him and he was just like wow. He was like, that's that's really nice that you're using your Christmas wish to get your grandfather feeling better.
Speaker 2: And he's like, you know, I really believe that your grandfather is going to be okay.
Speaker 4: And then Santo reached into his pocket and took out a little figurine and it was Jesus and he gave it to Cairo and he said, I'm going to give this to you today and you keep this with your with yourself, or you can give it to your grandpa and just let him know that Santa is.
Speaker 2: Praying for him too.
Speaker 4: And Cairo came home and then gave Dad the little Jesus figurine and told him to keep it in his pocket when he went for treatment, and my dad kept it with him the whole time after in those seven weeks.
Speaker 1: I just have a question. Was it black or I want to mess up the story, But I was thinking, did Jesus Jesus?
Speaker 2: Did Jesus have locks?
Speaker 1: Looked like Jesus? I always thinking, I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I gotta go to be honest. I didn't even look close enough at it, but it was.
Speaker 1: A us.
Speaker 3: Real.
Speaker 4: I was thinking that we recently had talked with the boys about this stuff too.
Speaker 1: That a whole another pot. That's a whole another pot.
Speaker 9: Unblack and I mean white and Jesus, yeah white in Jesus for real facts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a whole. That's a whole, nother pot.
Speaker 2: It sound like boys about it.
Speaker 1: Well, Cairo Kyro like when you called him Deacon d Coda, because my father's a deacon and he used to visit the second shutting Dakota would come as soon as you come home from school, he come inside, Papa, what you watching, Papa? You want to put something else on? I'm like, you come in here like you can't take it. He changing the channel, he's rubbing Papa head.
Speaker 2: Literally, I'm just like, don't come over here with no offering. Plate broke because nobody asked. Nobody asked you.
Speaker 1: But the other thing was Kiro taking Pops to the hyper barry chamber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah he did.
Speaker 1: So we And this is also the fact that.
Speaker 2: You're even invested in that for the house, not knowing that we would.
Speaker 1: Need now divine intervention. Right, Why things happen? How twenty ten? I have to study exercise physiology and work with rehab patients to finish my NASM stroke patients. Dad has a stroke. Right, last year I bought a hyper break chamber to help us with recovery with all the workouts and stuff we were doing. And now we find out that oxygen is like the best way to get rid of tumors. So we actually have a hyperbaric chamber in our house. It's like pure things were happening and putting out place in order to help protect that. And that's why I get like, I get real serious when it comes to like divine intervention because some of these things you say, it's like, there's no reason why we would have that, right, and like why would Uncle Grantly retire in December and the dad start treatment January?
Speaker 2: Literally?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like that reprieve was necessary.
Speaker 4: And my sister having flexibility with her job to be able to work from home and come down here for periods at a time to help dad.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel you.
Speaker 4: No truly one hundred percent believe that it's all happened the way it should be. That like that, After this, I feel like, is, bro, what's what's your new least on life?
Speaker 2: Like you're here for a reason. What are you here for? What are we doing? Because we're not going back to the bottle.
Speaker 4: So it's like the whole lifestyle change I think for all of us that we can do together and support.
Speaker 1: Of each other. This is the biggest thing I want to leave. This is the thing I want to leave people with. When I found out popside cancer, there were certain things that we did, and I want to make sure that people, whether you have cancer or not, can change your lifestyle. Right. The first thing that, the very very very first thing is limit and cut your sugar. Right. We have become labeled parents. Label parents are the parents that pick something up before they put it in their pantry. And they read the labels to see if there are things in those labels that are not good for them and their kids.
Speaker 4: We have become labeled, yeah, becoming I'm semi crunchy mom. They call them crunchy mom. It's when you like, read all the labels and they are crunchy.
Speaker 6: You need to get your super room.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 2: There's a starting pack, I'm sure for the crunchy moms. The next thing I need to do it.
Speaker 4: The next thing I need to do is probably home to school of kids and start gardening and the homestead.
Speaker 1: I'm on all of that. Getting a farm.
Speaker 2: You can get two golds, to cows, to chicken.
Speaker 1: Be alright.
Speaker 2: I would love to move off the grid. Yes, get off the grid.
Speaker 7: That is my dream to just have a commune with people off the grid where we are our own food.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Make everything there absolutely.
Speaker 1: Sounds like the islands and drik about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, that's.
Speaker 2: The place for me.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm supposed to be there. I meant to be there. I totally that already. It's probably in our wheel.
Speaker 4: Put the terms together, but cream cremate me and put half of me in Jamaica and half in savings it's crazy or in the sea in between both.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna have to tell somebody else to do it because I'm dying before you, because there's your way, you die before me. But there's no there's no way. The minute you die, I'm going to I'm gonna be like, Yo. So what was what we're doing? You been telling them kids that I ain't spreading you nowhere. I'm the only thing I spread. I've been spread up. You feel me. It's the only thing I'm gonna be spread.
Speaker 2: In this life and in every life thereafter.
Speaker 1: So there's no sugar. The second one is movement. We've been big on this. You have to get up and move every day. That means you have to walk continuously on an incline for twenty minutes, run, lift some heavy weight. But I really, I'm really big on the lymphatic drainage.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Mimi lately? Far?
Speaker 4: I listened the video me me with these boys doing track warm ups and workouts.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to.
Speaker 1: Say, nothing's sixty. I've seen what I've seen some real talk me, me can get it. I went to this page. He was thirty two I'm like, she's sixty.
Speaker 4: Eight seven, cybar, she'll be sixty eight this year. She's just like she's six. But no, seriously, like my mom like like I have no excuse, Like that's my genetics, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Look I look at her. She had three kids, not one stretch mark.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, thank God for that, because that's probably why I'm able to make it.
Speaker 2: I have a couple. But you know, she's me, me, me, don't.
Speaker 1: On any stretch marks.
Speaker 2: But I like this, they like, this is what it is. At this point, I learned to live. I've learned to live with it.
Speaker 6: Honey.
Speaker 4: I'm like, four kids, no, no sugar movement, sunlight.
Speaker 1: We have to start getting out and getting in the sun. And then you don't have to be in the sun for thirteen fourteen hours. Wake up in the morning, get you a little cup of tea, and go sit on your lawn for like thirty minutes. That's it, every day, just thirty minutes. And that leads me to my last one is oxygen. We need oxygen. Our body thrives off of oxygen. And because of pollution and because we spend so much time inside the house, we don't get the type of sun light and oxygen our body needs to thrive. So if you think about that, just fighting cancer and trying to fight tumors, if you limit sugar, if you move, you get outside, you limit dairy, and you get son and oxygen, you give yourself a better chance of not getting a tumor, or if you have one, shrinking it on its own. So for me, you know, part of the reason why I wore this shirt is because fuck cancer and fuck them tumors. I'm not going to wait until I get one to start living my life like I want to get rid of them. I'm going to live my life now that way, so that if one comes, I'll be prepared for it, you know, because you don't know what well, you know, God forbid, but you don't know what you know, what the world has, well, what life has in store.
Speaker 4: For you, and the fact that they're trying to kill us anyway, the food, the air, it's just in everything in the water, it's it's absolutely we just try to control the things that we can control. And again, everyone's journey is different. We're not saying we don't profess to know everything. We're simply just sharing what the resources that we've used that we have too, just to help combat things, you know, and to help with the process of Dad now, for example, done with treatment getting better every single day. And I mean he wanted to get up the other day and cook some pillow.
Speaker 1: Cook some point.
Speaker 2: I know, I joked about Dad always making pillowing. We have not had pillow in.
Speaker 4: Like three months, okay, And he's been watching Shout out to Jamaica Food Boss.
Speaker 2: I hit him up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hit him up because we were supposed to link up with him and have an excursion like two years ago, and then we ended up not being able to do it.
Speaker 2: But Dad's been enjoying watching his show.
Speaker 1: So you hit up the Jamaican food boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me explain something to y'all about my wife. Right, what Jackson in twenty and twenty was a big Bronni James fan contact because Bronnie was making his way through au and doing this thing.
Speaker 2: Lived in LA at the time.
Speaker 1: In La, and Case says, guess what, so what look at this. It's a happy birthday video from Brownie.
Speaker 4: To Jackson Jamaica Tony, And I'm like, what, yes, yes, because it was a COVID birthday. So we couldn't do anything. It was that April.
Speaker 3: Give yourself credit.
Speaker 1: You just reach out to Lebron and Savannah and be like, hey, is Brounie available to get us?
Speaker 4: Like who does the Like Yeah, Savannah, I think that's when we started kind of like talking randomly, and She's like, absolutely, I would love to like help make Jackson's birthday special.
Speaker 1: You have a gift for people, for people to just be accepting to you reaching out to because I'm pretty sure she probably gets the same d M from thousands of people every day. Think about it.
Speaker 3: Can you contact like.
Speaker 1: Her from that?
Speaker 2: Alright? Let me know, let me.
Speaker 1: Gut knows somebody come back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I think the DM to Michelle the other day, we're going me and my step mom are going.
Speaker 2: To see I Love this week. Yes, So I reached.
Speaker 7: Out to her like, hey, it's my step mom's first outing since my dad died.
Speaker 6: But I don't have the I don't have the Kadeen Jin.
Speaker 2: The dam Slider.
Speaker 4: Recently, I got oh my god, y'all, yes, thank you for mind to be Matt. I got dad's favorite wrestler. So I'm let me tell y'all. My father don't like nothing, really, he really don't like.
Speaker 2: He don't like much of it, you know what I'm saying. But he loves wrestling.
Speaker 4: That's actually been a thing since I was a kid, Like we would watch wrestling and stuff together. So the boys already no Monday Night Raw comes on, all.
Speaker 2: That they have to make sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, since I was a kid, that's how I knew about w w F all of the wrestlers, Macho Man.
Speaker 2: Randy Savage, all of them Undertaker like.
Speaker 5: But that's.
Speaker 4: So shout out to Bianca Bellier, his absolute favorite wrestler. So me and Matt went with him to a w w E show that she had given us tickets for because she knew that dad was a huge fan of her.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just really sweet her her husband, and I forget how did I reach out to her?
Speaker 2: I think I did reach out to her on the side.
Speaker 4: It's like, hey girl, my dad loves the show, like I would love to bring him in, and she got a ticket, got to take him backstage to meet her after. So I reached out to her because as he's of course going through all his treatment, the one thing he was watching was Jamaica footballs and wrestling. So I hit her up and it turns out she's been on the hiatus and well because she had to have surgery. But she sent him a note, a message, a video one.
Speaker 1: It is bat of w W E. I just want to make a video for you because I know you've been going through some things. I want you to know that you've been in my mind.
Speaker 2: We've been praying for you over here.
Speaker 1: We've been sitting so many prayers up for you.
Speaker 10: Once you know that you are the toughest and you're going to get through this, and when you get better, we're gonna get.
Speaker 2: You to a show. So sweet, so thank you. Beyond that that meant everything to him. He was talking back to you and the video girls.
Speaker 4: She thought he thought it was a face signed many, but he was so happy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this, when I was growing up, they didn't make female wrestlers like that. It's the only one.
Speaker 4: To six eight, like she was super tall and just big.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, not no more so. Now what they're doing is these women are athletes, their volleyball players, track stars like they're real athletes. They be jumping and flipping off the thing. See them and they look great doing the girl shout out to the w W I like the little switch. I did that shout out for keeping my dad entertained and happy. He watches every single day.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know Monday is live on Netflix, like okay, and he sure does to call.
Speaker 2: It be like Netflix.
Speaker 5: Monday Night Ball.
Speaker 4: Sound just like that too, he said, Oh my gosh, it is so funny, and shout out to Matt Man.
Speaker 2: Matt has literally been here with us day in and day out through all of this. And I thought about it.
Speaker 4: When I went upstairs because we talked about the episode of you know us coming back. But Matt has been like a staple and like stationary in the house too. And you bring like a sense of just like even this and calm because we all be kind of there's a lot of personalities on his house.
Speaker 3: Yeah twice. Yeah, that's right, my dad can can I know the ups and the downs of it? So I just y'all.
Speaker 1: I came in, I expressed the k upstairs. I said everything that I'm about to say to you about what I thought about Dad. The only person I could tell, honestly was Matt because I didn't know. I didn't want to say to anybody else that I didn't know how this is going to turn out. But since he had been through it, I felt like he could empathize and he would come in. We would sit down there and shoot out pool. You know what I'm saying. On the days when you weren't when you were filming and it was just me in the house, he would come by and be like, Yo, you're good, and I'd be like, some days is better than the others. But you know, having somebody there to kind of take your mind off of it helps a lot, you know, Like appreciate you for that.
Speaker 3: Bro, because anytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so's.
Speaker 1: Take a quick break.
Speaker 2: Let's do that. We have a listener letter today. First one back we do. Yeah, let's get I think we do.
Speaker 4: All right, y'all stick around. We'll be right back after we pay these bills, because that's one thing that keeps going, honey, is a bill. Period. All right, and we're back. We're gonna dive into our listener letter of the day. Well we have two, but one. Let's see what this one says. Hey, Dvale, Kadeen, Triple Matt and Josh as well. Hope it's okay that I'm reaching out. You don't know me, of course, but I've listened to Ellis ever after dead ass for a few years, and lately I've realized that your family helped me through one of the most difficult seasons of my life without ever knowing it. When my mom was diagnosed with h mention, my father had a stroke that left him paralyzed on this left side. I made the decision to move both of my parents into my home. At the time, I was raising three kids, going through a divorce, and eventually left my job so I can care for them. It was one of the hardest and most exult losting seasons of my life. There were days I questioned whether I was even strong enough to carry it all. But listening to your podcast and watching the way your family loved and cared for Kadeen's parents gave me something I didn't even realize. I needed reassurance that I was reassuranced that what I was doing mattered. You normalize something that can feel incredibly lonely caring for the people who once cared for us. During that time, when the days were long and heavy, your family's honesty and love quietly reminded me to keep going.
Speaker 2: Wow, both of my parents have now passed away.
Speaker 4: My mom November of twenty twenty five and my father fabru oh Man Fabyar of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: That's so recent, back to back like that. Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that.
Speaker 1: That doesn't surprise me. Remember what I just said to you. If you ever go yeah, people sit it with the people who've been together. The notebook. You made me watch that movie and cry in two thousand and four, my big football ass in freaking fourteen twenty eight, No where were we?
Speaker 2: We were not so self?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not if I'm crying because they handed was together when they go ahead finished on.
Speaker 4: That and that I know. Lately, I've been doing a lot of reflecting. Grief has a way of making you look back and realize how how many people have helped hold you up along the way, even if they never knew it. Your family is one of those people. For me, losing them has been incredibly hard, But one thing that gives me comfort now is knowing I was able to walk that journey with them all the way to the end. Caring for them changed me in ways I'm still discovering. Looking back, I realized that the strength to keep showing up on the hardest days was often fueled by seeing families like yours doing the same thing with love and grace.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's what's up.
Speaker 2: That was really sweet.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: My deepest sympathy to you.
Speaker 4: Like moving your parents and then losing them back to back by that is probably so incredibly difficult. But what happened that you got right and raising kids and quitting your job to have to take care of them. But what I will say is it something you may feel is at least you were there for those moments with them, you know, at the end, almost like trible, Like you said, like your dad being in your apartment, it's like, okay, him passing when your apartment, of course, is like something you would never want to happen. But the fact that you had that time with him, even though it was like a short weekend at the very end, you know, I still comfort knowing that my parents are close by and they're here with us.
Speaker 2: You know that we are able to take care of them.
Speaker 1: I would also say too, it would feel good for me to have my parents pass in my presence, or at least know that they're not passing alone alone. You know what I'm saying, Like the fact that your parents stay here the fact that my parents still have each other if something were to happen, like Trible said the last episode, imagine your step mom goes home and finds your dad alone. You know, Trible was here to even console her stepmom and then be able to see the final moments of her dad. Having everyone around when something like this happens definitely matters, and that kind.
Speaker 4: Of struggle, like my brother, sister and I spoke about, like how much to divulge about Dad, you know, because people's health and their things they're going through can be a private matter for a lot of people that they don't want to speak about publicly.
Speaker 2: But we do feel like.
Speaker 4: We also have a testimony, like something that we can share to give people hope. You know, we did wait until Dad was finished with the treatment plan and all of that to kind of see, you know, what his prognosis would look like. But thank you for confirming to me the decision that we made to share about Dad's story because we hope that it's one of hope and resilience for other families, like you said explained here, So we appreciate that and sending lots of love to you. Thank you for your support and for listening all these years for real, that's dope.
Speaker 1: I do as want to point out that this is why we do share. Some of the information we gave could have helped save a life. Some of the information we got from other people that share that share did save lives. So this is the reason why humanity is important and why telling stories are important. Absolutely because you may save a life, or even if you don't save a life, letting someone else know that their life matters while living it and feeling like it, don't you know? In fact?
Speaker 2: All right, So we'll be going to a number two one more for the day.
Speaker 1: Take us out, baby, Dear de Valen Kadeen. I've been with my partner for nine years and we are newly engaged. Congratulations. Over the last two years of our relationship, while I was pregnant with our son, I found out he had been unfaithful and I'm still trying to make sense of everything that came with that. Six months before I became pregnant with our son, we lost our daughter when I was six months pregnant. It was traumatic. It was a traumatic delivery that landed me in the ICU. That loss broke me in ways I didn't even understand. At the time, I was dealing with postpartum depression without even knowing how to name it. In my Jamaican household, when you say you're depressed, you're told to pray or read your Bible. So I carried a lot of that pain in silence. I don't think either of us knew how to handle that kind of grief or how to be there for each other. Instead of healing together, we drifted apart in our own pain that typically happens. During that time, I got involved with someone he worked with. Oh my bad. During that time, he got involved with someone he worked with. He never told me. I found out on my own that intuition don't lie, and when I confronted him about it, he admitted it. The betrayal, on top of losing my daughter and everything I was already carrying, was overwhelming. To his credit, he has done everything he needed to do he needed to do to make things right, including no longer working with the other person involved. He has put in the work. Two years later, after counseling and therapy, he proposed and I said yes, because the truth is I love him, I want my family, but I'm also torn. I'm a libra. I'm big on loyalty, and sometimes even after all the work, I still feel so hurt and angry that I want to tear everything up all over again. I know I will never fully heal from the grief of losing my daughter, but I find that the grief of the portrayal lingers alongside it, and sometimes they feel tied together. Question is, how do you know if I'm holding onto something or fighting for or ignoring a truth. People always say that when someone cheats, they'll always cheat and give back the rank. Or do I stay and continue the work, the hard work of healing, even knowing I may never fully trust him again and that my grief may never fully go away. I would truly appreciate any guidance or perspective offerow see this to me? This to me is very layered. Number One, it starts with the grief right like it's whenever you have grief and the grief is tied to something, it's hard to get rid of that. I see that with a lot of people, even if sometimes it's not in fidelity. Sometimes a grief may be tied to an event or a job, and it's like I can't go back there because that reminds me of the grief that takes work. And there's no time limit or timetable on when you should be over that and what it should look like. What I think is one thing you did say was that he has been put in the work to make things right, which means you know, you have a person who cares enough to do things for you and make changes.
Speaker 4: And he made a poor choice, but he admitted it right, he didn't lie about.
Speaker 1: It, and he also made changes in his life till that. It's like, Yo, I'm gonn make sure you feel comfortable. I don't work with that person anymore. With all that being said, if you feel like you can't get over it, you have to do more work in order to try to live with that person. But you can't just carry that with them, because what happens is when you have that regret or you have that pain, you tend to bring it up over time, and now it becomes the other person is, well, how long are you going to hold this over my head?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: So, realistically, I think you should have some conversations with yourself. Right, I know the Jamaicans, is they going to tell you to pray and read your Bible? But the only person that can give you the answer whether you should walk away is you in God. Yeah, so you need to talk to yourself and say, do I really feel comfortable in this situation to continue forward? And if you do, you work with it. But if you don't feel comfortable any like I can never get over this and it's haunting me, it might be okay to take a break or get some space, but only you know, Like, we can't give you that answer. You got to listen to yourself.
Speaker 4: I wonder if if you seek any kind of therapy again, like knowing how crew in house bolds are a lot of them don't believe in therapy, but it actually can be helpful to help you navigate your thoughts and see why it is that you're holding on, particularly to the grief associated with the infidelity, not necessarily with your daughter. Those are two separate entities I think need to be dealt with. Yeah, and it's hard, like losing a child. No one can ever like what do we say. There's no word for there's no word like for a parent who loses a child, Like if you lose a spouse, you're like a widow or widower lose a parent, but there's no real word for the loss.
Speaker 1: And that's why it's hard for me to even tell her how she's supposed to feel. I can't imagine trying to tell someone how to feel about something that I can't even imagine going through and telling them, Hey, that person worked hard enough, Let get over it. I can't even feel comfortable saying that, right, But I will say, like, if you've seen him take the strides to be better and do better, it's worth trying and trying.
Speaker 4: What people say, because she has said people always say, you know, once a cheat, are always a cheater, Like that doesn't that doesn't have to be his truth or your truth.
Speaker 2: That's you know, like you we.
Speaker 1: Don't project their own truth.
Speaker 2: And you know what we don't do is listen to what people say at all.
Speaker 1: You know and also know people will tell you to walk away from your love while holding on to their love. That does way more toxic chick than your love ever did. Don't nobody about facts? Fact?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 4: So so yeah, I hope you guys are able to work through that. I don't think all is lost. It probably just requires a little bit more work and more time, you know, on both parts and.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to have. This is why we're sometimes a listener letters with two people, because I would want to hear what his perspective is on it, you know, like because for you to cheat and then admit immediately and it make changes, you can tell it that's something he didn't really want to do. And as much as we give people space to grief, cheating is never a value like a justification for you know, a grief is why cheated, right what I'm saying. But also you can't discount why someone grieves, you know, I would want to know, like why did it get to that? If y'all were both grieving together? Did y'all shut each other out? Did y'all shut each other down? Like? Why was cheating what you went to? And if I could understand why he went to that, maybe we could explain to them a.
Speaker 4: Lot more, because she did say they kind of like it forced them apart and they were both dealing with it separately. I even think about us, like we didn't deal with anything in this magnitude, just even dealing with.
Speaker 2: Stuff with dad, Oh no, will you know?
Speaker 4: Or me losing alcaon, my cousin passing from cancer, my other cousin passing from like I had so many deaths recently in my family that I was processing things in a certain way that you could have taken as me shutting you out.
Speaker 1: I felt distant, you know.
Speaker 4: We definitely felt distant, because it's like we're both battling our own sets of emotions, you know, in different ways and different capacities.
Speaker 1: And I could easily say it doesn't justify it, but I could see twenty five year old twenty eight year old Deval seeing you go through all of this grief and kind of shutting me out and being distant and getting upset and then feeling like who was there for me? You know what I'm saying. It was easier for me to deal now with forty two because I've lived life a little bit and I've matured. But the same person at twenty eight I probably would have moved differently. And I can open and honestly say that.
Speaker 2: Right for sure, both of us would have moved differently. I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So hopefully you can touch base with us and let us know when you get to the other side of things how things have gotten better for you, because we're always gonna want the best for you.
Speaker 2: Guys, right facts, love that, all right, and.
Speaker 4: If you know what's best for you, it's about time to start writing back into the list letters.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you, guys.
Speaker 4: We love to give our two cents and all things happening in your life, so be sure to email us at Vlisadvice at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's th h E E L L I S A d V I C E at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, time for our moment of truth. We're talking fuck cancer and everything associated with it. Honey, fact man, I.
Speaker 1: Say fuck cancer from the beginning. This is my moment of truth. It ain't fuck cancer after someone gets cancer. It has to be fuck cancer before that. So let's do everything to prevent it. We not eat no more processed foods, no more drinks with too much sugar, no more staying inside on these phones, with these laptops and shit, fuck cancer. Fuck all of that. Let's really focus on getting back outside and doing the things that we were doing before cancer rates was so high. Let's get outside in the sun, let's move, let's communist people, Let's get off these devices and stop. Anything that happens in your life quickly is probably to your detriment. So if it's an easy thing to eat, an easy thing to fix, if you're still using the microwave and still using quick fixes, more than likely cancers gonna come with that.
Speaker 4: My favorite thing to do sidebar when you mentioned the microwave to heat food up now, is to get a pan, like a big pan. I put upside down, like a small like little like one of those chat like those shot glass or something with some water at the base of the pot, and then let it boil up and then you put the plate on top of the shot glass and you cover it. So it's like it steems your food. Food tastes so much better. So we are slowly like getting rid of the.
Speaker 2: Microwaveymore food anymore.
Speaker 4: No, We're like and even just like the amounts of leftovers, it's like we're not even doing that because food tends to lose this nutritional value anyway when you reheat it.
Speaker 2: So we're just trying to like cook what we need in this moment.
Speaker 4: Also, we're waiting for Dad to get better so you can just start eating the leftovers because we realize, like, why are all the leftovers still in the fridge.
Speaker 2: That's because Dad.
Speaker 4: Hasn't been eating it, so we're just like, why is there so much leftover lately?
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, okay, because Dad's not here to munch on it, go.
Speaker 1: Upstairs and get some perfect Also over eating, it's a thing in America, just eating, because I just eating, like over consumption.
Speaker 2: I told her about breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Where that came from.
Speaker 1: Drink more water, more coconut waters, Drink more teas, eat more berries, more grains.
Speaker 8: Don't if your sugar, be careful with coconut water, sugar.
Speaker 6: Yea, even the teas.
Speaker 9: I realized I saw that as micro plastics is releasing the tea guy.
Speaker 2: I stopped. You see, I brew the actual leaf, the.
Speaker 1: Leaf and the actually to make mullins.
Speaker 2: We drink.
Speaker 1: As long as you shave your bush good.
Speaker 2: That was later years ago. I don't have.
Speaker 1: All rose lead to the bush, right right, right, right, right right.
Speaker 2: That's your moment of truth, my moment, you know what. Shout out to the caretakers and the caregiving.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the people who sometimes feel like the unsung heroes in this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Shout out to my mom.
Speaker 4: For many thankless days and nights. You know tending to Dad, and you know, sometimes she would feel like damn, like you know, I sometimes I don't even get to thank you or please, and I'm like, girl, he's going through the motions. I know he means nothing by it. You can tell he was in a state of depression as well to at one point. You know, so shout out to the people who are taking care of those who need to be taken care of, and just make sure that you're getting someone to take care of you too, and take care of yourself.
Speaker 1: I forgot one thing that was very very important. Hydration. We made sure that when Dad got to the end of those weeks, we got him ivy bags.
Speaker 2: The end of those weeks, Yeah, my sister was giving him iv A.
Speaker 1: Lot of people suffered the feelings come from dehydration, the fatigue, the tiredness. Giving I feed back once a week during that process was really good. I don't want to forget that part, because that is very very important for keeping people healthy, especially elderly people or young people. Young people have fevers for a long time. If they look sluggish, get them my IVY back. It'll just help them. We did that with Cairo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, yeah, that's I got to fit it out when I left town with the kids to make sure he needed that.
Speaker 1: He needed that.
Speaker 3: You don't if you're not here.
Speaker 1: Y'all seen the video. I accidentally don't eat, lost seven pounds in a day. Thought I was going dot. It's not funny though I thought I was going doct.
Speaker 2: Moment of truth, y'all, what you got.
Speaker 8: Everything happens for a reason. I remember when my mom years ago, my mom, she ended up getting fired from my job because of downsizing and stuff, and then a couple months later she was available to take my dad and care for him when he got sick. Then before she got sick, I worked for myself, but jobs started becoming less and less. It was like more so on the weekends only doing weddings stuff. But I was able to take care of her. So everything happens for a reason. Just keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: I like that things happens.
Speaker 9: I got a few moment of truth today that for us, he got the glass.
Speaker 4: I just realized you and met had the same hat, but different cities hired you do too, Okay.
Speaker 9: Shout out to the warriors who are dealing with it.
Speaker 6: It's not easy.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't know personally, But I can't imagine it being easy for them dealing with their sicknesses and then being vocal about it and having to struggle with that and continuing life and being normal people. So shout out to to those people who are dealing with all sorts of cancers and struggles. A scripture that the Bible says is, uh, we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony, by the by our testimony. So keep talking about it, keep talking about and keep sharing about what you're dealing with, so that people can understand what people are dealing with with these with these diseases, getting checks and checkups. And also, like what you said, Develle, like there are a lot of things that we're consuming that are aiding and fueling the rise of cancer in general. So you know, just keep talking about That's my moment of truth. I didn't want to talk about the commune trible as well. I really think it's a really good idea to sort of like let's live off the land.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 9: I mean, I watched my wife and I watched this, uh, this documentary two nights ago called Poisoned on Netflix, and it was just talking about like E coli and some Manila and how to actually guess in our food. And it's crazy, like there's no reason why griefy Leans grief should have E Cola in it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: It makes no sense. So I am all for living in a commune. I don't know if I'm going to have Timothy, did I get your power?
Speaker 1: So I know you got something. I'm just I know you got something.
Speaker 9: I had mad comments doing the podcast, but me and.
Speaker 3: Matt was over cracking up.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, that's that's my moment of truth.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: I love that. I know what he called you, Timothy get.
Speaker 10: Umber.
Speaker 1: That's why it's funny to me.
Speaker 6: Person to.
Speaker 1: The right of them.
Speaker 7: I do want to start a call in the commune. It's kind of my way in.
Speaker 3: That's why we were.
Speaker 5: It will be named that like your tell that's the name of your subdivision.
Speaker 6: Very inclusive.
Speaker 4: To have that though, you have to be with people you because now everybody come into my.
Speaker 9: Compound, male and females and dudes only get to come out when they got to pick stuff up.
Speaker 6: You gotta come use this hammer the highest period.
Speaker 2: What's the show ruthless?
Speaker 1: Ruthless and the highest roofs. You have a road. Yeah, none of you niggas is a lot. You bitches can come.
Speaker 5: Right yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Bitches to the left, Turkey, we're going too far. It's going too far. It's going to.
Speaker 2: For the time to be what.
Speaker 6: Is my moment and truth? Uh, it's so.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Cancer is something that's really can be really hard to deal with. My dad also had cancer, but he survived cancer, which I thought was crazy. I thought he was going to die. But he didn't even have to do radiation. So I was like, well, maybe he's never going to die because your dad had cancer to kind of cancer. Yeah, he had prostate cancer. Wow, he had to have surgery and he was fine after that. And then he also, like in the nineties, he got in a crash ahead on collision with a semi truck, didn't die. Then he came to Atlanta for one day. He couldn't survive Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Atlanta, you should have took him to Magic City night at the Hawks game.
Speaker 6: You know, people were saying they wasn't going to but they still did it.
Speaker 1: They still did Yeah, they still did it. Yeah, y'all performed, right, Yeah, yea perform I guess they didn't have the strippers.
Speaker 7: Though they have the name, they didn't have the name, like they just.
Speaker 6: Took the name off.
Speaker 1: Okay, they never there no.
Speaker 6: City collab the culture.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Wings because Magic City has the best wings in the city apparently, So why didn't.
Speaker 1: Call it Magic City Wing Night or something?
Speaker 3: Wings? Yeah, he's waited for the Hawks. It made sense.
Speaker 1: No whoever came up with the marketing strategy for that dropped the ball.
Speaker 7: But I feel like this wasn't the first time they did it was it somebody was just hating and they yeah they.
Speaker 6: So I do.
Speaker 7: I do appreciate hearing, like how everybody's been using their own strengths to help Pops, because it's like, you don't know, you know, what can you do, but you can do something.
Speaker 2: He definitely asked because when he heard past.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Triby, I love Pops. I love seeing him. So I'm glad that he's on the oven up. Yeah, and hopefully everybody can continue to help.
Speaker 6: Him thrive through.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to take him back home, that's the next thing he's looking.
Speaker 4: Forward to, and drop them off from Save Vincent for a couple of weeks to get better.
Speaker 2: Can I come, of course, of course. All right, y'all, thank you so much for tuning in.
Speaker 4: Shout out to our Patreon gang who always rocks with us heavy. If you want to see exclusive content y'all and you're not part of Patreon, what are you doing? Like, seriously, what are you doing? Be sure to join us on Patreon. You can find me at Kadeen I am, and you.
Speaker 1: Can find the patreon at l sev Rafter and I.
Speaker 9: Am devou imt ellisphoto dot com, and I am Joshua Underscore Dwayne and.
Speaker 7: I'm at Trips the Cool t ri IBBZ, The's Cool on Everything.
Speaker 1: And if you're listening on Apple Podcasts, be sure to rate, review, and subscribe. The end of this episode got random, So that's why I went with the random, like d right, because it just seemed like I was supposed to do that at the time.
Speaker 2: Rand S, you look really good, like your face and your eyes. Everything is like, wow, you do too.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things that look at over, but I'm not gonna describe the why.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: See, we're doing it together, y'all, trying to age backwards period.
Speaker 2: That's the hashtag.
Speaker 7: Ass god Ellis ever After is an iHeartMedia podcast. It's hosted by Kadeen and Deval Ellis. It's produced by Triple Video.
Speaker 10: Production by Joshua Dwyane and Matthew Ellis, video editing by Lashan Roe. Talk Talk