Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: You, I am.
Speaker 3: All in with Scott Patterson and iHeart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast one eleven Productions, one eleven podcasts, one of Love Media, iHeart Radio podcasts and Media. I'm joined by my Intrepid Cruise, Susanne French, Daniel Romo, Terra Suit and the inevitable Inevitable Amy Sugarman. You know or you love her She's well, they don't.
Speaker 2: But here is my question for you guys. Everybody go round and try to say the title of this episode.
Speaker 4: It's wonderful.
Speaker 5: Mar I tried last night, wonderful, marvels wonderful, Suzanne turn Us wonderful marvelous.
Speaker 1: You nailed on whoa.
Speaker 2: It's one word, so I can't really do it unless the songs wonder the novels, because really it's right, it's but it cuts off the.
Speaker 3: It yeah, right, right right, it's a song. It's one yeah, Tara.
Speaker 6: Did you watch the episode Tark.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm not gonna lie to you. I had to rewind this episode a couple of times.
Speaker 2: I actually loved it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know what, you know what thought the predominant thought that I had during this episode is a bit and it's interesting to me in that I asked myself a question, okay, because I don't want to be like so hyper critical, okay all the time season seven, I'm trying to look for the positive here. Sure, And I thought, what if this was because I'm watching it and it's all kind of like, there's delightful people and delightful situations. There's no reason to hate anybody. If this is season one and there's kind of a world where you know, maybe last night's episode that we watched was the pilot episode. Yeah, just sort of or one of the few episodes is first few episodes and we're just starting this whole. Don't hate Christopher, we don't hate April, and it's all just kind of a delightful show. Could the show have worked if it were launched like this and it wasn't all a high schooly mommy mommy daughter thing and it was more about the town as a whole, because I got to tell you, they had some pretty cool scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is your take? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I think maybe it could have worked on it. It's like, I think the concept is so strong of a you know with with the Gilmour dynasty and then the small town and then you know you can peel back the layers in.
Speaker 7: Fresh back, right sure, sure.
Speaker 1: Of when the breakup happened with the larele I and the family and having the baby going through it. It's like a different type of storytelling where you're looking back all.
Speaker 2: Not linear, right, you're going all out of the right.
Speaker 1: So, because you're going to have to tell those stories so people understand the.
Speaker 2: First season, who the heck are these people?
Speaker 1: Right? So, like you established the Christopher and laurel are and this thing and this is their daughter, and you don't know that much about the past, and then you start learning stuff about.
Speaker 2: It, right, you wonder why she doesn't ever talk to that guy at the diner?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Wait, so here's what I want to know. What does Suzanne think of that, of Scott's of this? Do you think you could have enjoyed this if this was season one?
Speaker 1: If the storytelling were told in flashbacks, and season seven was season one with some tweek with some tweaks, obviously you'd have to make some tweak seven because it's giving too much away, right so or not enough in certain circumstances.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think it's an interesting concept. I think that would be fun to watch. Sometimes getting two flashback he gets confusing, but I would watch that.
Speaker 2: Like is your question, Scott, and if I'm understanding, would we all love season seven if we never had season one to six?
Speaker 1: If that's one question, another question, would we love would the fans or we love the show as much as we do had we followed the Scott Patterson method if they executed in it that way?
Speaker 2: Well, I have another question for you all before we get going. I thought about this long and hard in the shower, which is why my hair is still wet and I never got time to blow it dry. What I have come to terms with because I once again like this episode. There's critiques, but for the most part, I really enjoy it. It's a little weird in places and kind of off, but I love it. So I have decided maybe I like the idea of wanting Luke and Lorali to be together. So there's some kind of joy I experience watching this show knowing hope they get that together. I hope they get at together. Do you know what I'm saying? Like there's so and that was something I loved that feeling in seasons one to five. Let's say so. Now, maybe one of the reasons I'm sort of enjoying it is because I'm back going even though I know what happens. Ohe they get back together. I hope things are good. Oh boy, is he gonna call LAURAAI like I'm feeling that again. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in this episode, I kept I kept stressing out that Luke was gonna run into Christopher and LARELEI like, ana, is Luke.
Speaker 1: At the.
Speaker 4: Opens the barn door at the wrong.
Speaker 2: I did have that same like healing.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh no, oh no, is this coming?
Speaker 2: Oh god? I thought the same thing. Wait, so, Suzanne, do you hate this episode or like it?
Speaker 7: I thought it was more tolerable than the last three. How's that I didn't love it. I wasn't like, oh my gosh, I can't wait to watch this again. But it wasn't. It was It was good to finally see Rory back at school and having something to do, because the last three episodes her wandering around like.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 3: I don't know how to have a cry?
Speaker 7: I at of text, I don't know how to like just that whole like the summertime part of it where she just was all confused by what does the rocket mean? Like that just dragging.
Speaker 4: Her back at school.
Speaker 7: She's back in the newsroom.
Speaker 2: Kristin Ridder was great. Kristin Ridder.
Speaker 7: Although I didn't I like the actresses, but I don't like those characters. Say sure, especially in this episode. I think they actually get better later. But in the yeah where they're like going through the Logan's apartment and.
Speaker 6: Was like, these girls kind of like shoplifts.
Speaker 2: From the total college kids do though, You guys, you go into the apartment, You're like, oh my god, you have this. Oh my god, you have this kind of makes some popcorn like you kind of.
Speaker 7: Like with your friends. Yeah, but not somebody you just met an hour ago. What we're going on to order people?
Speaker 2: Well anyway, So here's my thoughts, Scott. What if we let the queen go through the scenes, like introduce the scenes for us today rather than you, rather than me, We let Suzanne do it. Yeah, you can, you got this?
Speaker 7: Okay, got it?
Speaker 2: She give her little expertise as she's doing it.
Speaker 3: Pause, let me get some.
Speaker 2: Myself here wearing off, and then you and I can just be snarky and it'll be great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like I enjoy snark.
Speaker 2: We've got I've got some snark.
Speaker 1: But but I I've got my camel on. I'm taking my position.
Speaker 2: I don't hate Christopher in this episode.
Speaker 3: Oh see, that's where I disagree.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about it all. There is a scene in particular that actually brought me great joy that lower l and Christopher were in it together. I'll save it, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: And now the stage is Susanne French Ladies and Lee.
Speaker 7: Well, why don't why don't we have Danielle do the synopsis?
Speaker 2: Fair? Can I look at look at the Queen? Yes to her peasants.
Speaker 4: Let's starting issue, orders mandates boom.
Speaker 6: All right, this is season seven, episode four, as wonderful as the Marvelous Air Day October seventeenth, two thousand and six. Laurelai and Christopher have resumed their relationship, but with as he continues to woo her with romantic dates. Rory returns to Yale and meets some new friends, and Emily ends up somewhere we thought she would never be. Plus, Luke and April's relationship continues to blossom as she stays with him for a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool.
Speaker 7: So the episode opens with Lorelei and Christopher coming back from seeing the movie Snakes on a Plane. Now, I don't know about you, guys, but I thought, is not good. Like she was like weirdly hyper and it was so I pitched and it seemed forced, and like she it was not hard and sheeting Snakes on a plane.
Speaker 2: It was not good. It was not good. Yeah, but once again we have an open that was not good. Forced hashtag trying too hard. Oh, people drink. Everybody drink when I say hashtag, because then you're listening, you hate it, So drink hashtag trying to.
Speaker 1: And I think it's that's you know, there's no Amy and there's no Dan anymore.
Speaker 7: So it's it's just just the acting felt different, Like I don't know if that was intentional on Lauren's part or if she was given that note from somebody to be like that, but it was through the whole episode she was just this. It just was like her voice was up higher, and.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Yeah, you're right, that happens.
Speaker 1: They no chemistry.
Speaker 9: Oh, it.
Speaker 1: Feels very forced, and that's not good.
Speaker 2: I thought it was something different and Scott as an actor. Here's what I want to ask you. It's season seven. Lauren's an executive producer on this show. She knows that, like the showrunners that she has loved and leaned on for six years are gone. Is it possible she's putting so much pressure on herself to like nail these scenes and make a A minus script into an A plus script that she is just overcompensating everywhere?
Speaker 1: I mean maybe I don't really know the answer to that. I don't know how involved she was. I mean, I can only imagine as an executive producer. Was that the title that they gave her?
Speaker 5: Thought?
Speaker 2: But I might be making that up later?
Speaker 7: Yeah, not in this episode?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah? So I don't know. I mean, I know I know that. You know, her work schedule is just huge, right, it's wall to wall every day and I'm seven years that and it's just it's tough to stay up. So maybe it was just a case of like too much caffeinated beverages. Yeah, who knows, I mean, but but it's just something seemed off between the two of them. For me, it always kind of.
Speaker 2: Bad jokes too, like likes a little plates, like a little blads likes little plates and you're just like, that's not even a good joke.
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 7: I feel like it might have been, like you know, obviously I can't speak for Lauren, but I feel like it was an intentional choice on her part, because she is trying to communicate with her body language and her speech patterns that this isn't right, that this is awkward.
Speaker 6: And I think that's a good point because at the end she talks about how she doesn't trust them yet, and I think not comfortable, and you know she's not.
Speaker 1: But I think that's very risky. It's got to be in the writing.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 4: I think that on an actor is a lot.
Speaker 7: But one thing I noticed too, and I this is from the last episode, but I wasn't here, so I didn't get to point it out. In the last episode, the very very end of the episode where she's in her bedroom and she picks up the phone and calls and she says hello, yes, Yes, she had to force that out, like she did not communicate that she was happy about calling Chris. She if you, if you go back and watch the end of that scene, like it's her face is not happy, she's not smiling, she's like trying to think should I do it? Should I do it? And I got it? I agree she felt conflicted, Like she doesn't act like she's happy to be calling him.
Speaker 2: I think she was conflicted about calling him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, almost like it's like leaving the door open for I've.
Speaker 2: Been through so much I need like some seratonin, so I'm going to call this guy. Is that the right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I also think we all can agree that it's not her number one choice.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to be here.
Speaker 10: Right, Like she just says resorting to what she chose, like, yes, she made that decision.
Speaker 7: Right, She's like, well, oh okay, I you know I did this and now I have to stick with it, even though like it's just kind of she's just defaulting to him instead of kind of.
Speaker 6: A she's kind of a serial dater, Like is she ever alone?
Speaker 2: She can't be alone, and she's dipping back into the well. It's it's a tale as old as time. Guys, when you get dumped, then you go over to your ex boyfriends and you sleep with them, and then you're like go home and cry, and then you're like, oh no, I'm still dumped. Let me try a few more times.
Speaker 7: With that guy.
Speaker 2: I'm going to dip back into the well and see if it can make me happy. Yeah, I feel like it's a tail as old.
Speaker 7: I do have one thing I wrote in my notes about this scene before we move on, and I actually noticed it in the episode where she did the Asian night and she made the dessert sushi okay, and this. I don't know if this is like a jump the shark kind of moment or if it's just like a milestone that shows she's changed, but somehow she has changed from red vines to Twizzlers.
Speaker 6: Did you notice that Twizzlers are betting?
Speaker 1: That's sixties and seventies, babe, that's not red vines are Later.
Speaker 2: Here's what I read somewhere. I did, like, you know, a deep dive into this episode, and somebody said, now, I don't know if this is true or not. So allegedly, allegedly Amy and Dan were into Twizzlers or vice versa. What was whichever friend of mine and Dan is a Twizzlers guy?
Speaker 7: And the switch is this?
Speaker 2: M Dan the new guy?
Speaker 4: What Amy and Dan?
Speaker 2: Who's the new producer? The new So Amy and Dan were twist?
Speaker 4: David ros is.
Speaker 2: What the internet said that's it.
Speaker 3: This is what Sea is in the whole season.
Speaker 2: And because it's also a it's a well known debate.
Speaker 7: Are you a Twizzlers person or a Red Wines person?
Speaker 2: So Amy and Dan were red Vines people and David is Twizzlers. And that's why the switch happened.
Speaker 8: They broke.
Speaker 1: That's that's like it's cursed now. It's like, now we took.
Speaker 2: Over very east coast, West coast. The West Coast is more red Vines and East Coast is more Twizzlers.
Speaker 3: But I'm a Twizzlers person through and through.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't get him here.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah, but I never the first time I had a Red Vines I didn't. I was confused. I didn't understand.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, twisters are so gross compared redines plastic, they're like weird texture.
Speaker 2: Twizzlers are, Yes, I agree, Suzanne.
Speaker 7: They're they're like, yeah, I was like gnawing on vinyl or something.
Speaker 3: I think red vines are like chalk.
Speaker 4: That's the satisfying part of this.
Speaker 10: Is this, how like the debate when people can't taste cilantro.
Speaker 2: People can't taste cilantro?
Speaker 10: Yeah, like people, there's there is something that when the debate. No, no, But you know some people when they tast Cilantro, it tastes like soap to them.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, but if you offered me a twizzler, I would say, oh, no, thank you.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's I'd like to fancy Taras to fancy Tara, Tara. Do you like Cilantro?
Speaker 3: I do, Scott?
Speaker 6: Do you like Cilantro? Suzanne and Amy do you like Cilancho?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's anything. I think I I love Celantro.
Speaker 6: There is something here, something, and I like Cilantros.
Speaker 2: So while we're on the top.
Speaker 1: I think they're lacking in taste buds, I think.
Speaker 2: I think I agree. While we're on the topic of internet gossip, there is also some comments and stuff I found. If you will notice, David Sutcliffe is a special guest star now now allegedly I don't know if this is true, but allegedly they wanted him for thirteen episodes, but the agreement was he had to be in the a storyline. That was part of the deal for him to come back to do thirteen episodes. I don't know if it's true or not.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just saying I think.
Speaker 2: Because before he was always much more of a B or a C bit player, and now he is in the A storyline along with I would say, Rory Luke Loralai just saying allegedly, I don't know if it's true.
Speaker 7: Interesting, Okay. So then we go to Luke Steiner and Kirk is one like a puppy dog because he's conflicted between his mom's opinion and Lulu's opinion, and he can't decide what to order, even though neither one of them is there to care what he orders.
Speaker 2: The bagel then like conflict with the bagel and then he just gets the caesar hands on the egg bagel or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, which I I that was just a kind of a weird little conversation to me. But then the real point of that scene was for Anna to come in. Yeah, and you know, tell us all that April is going to be staying with Luke for two weeks.
Speaker 2: And may I say, nobody has to like it. I'm not saying they're flirting, but Anna and Luke or Sheriylyn Fenn and Scott do have a nice sort of chemistry.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna deny it.
Speaker 2: She is very cute, like she is so cute.
Speaker 1: She is cute.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, when she's not screaming.
Speaker 4: Correct, she's pretty cute when she's doing that too.
Speaker 7: She's a great actress. I loved her and everything I've.
Speaker 9: Seen, she's terrific and she's great in the scene and she's so like cool and like, I don't love her, but I sure liked her in that scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly, admittedly I was a little starstruck working with her. I thought, this is I get that, this is really cool. I'm working with sheryln Fan.
Speaker 7: Because I was like post Twin Peaks and everything she was known, I get that.
Speaker 2: I get that there's she steals the scene. You really can't take your eyes off of her.
Speaker 4: M h, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, she was a delight, absolute delight.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So then we go to the Dragonfly and there's Gords everywhere. Oh, Suki invites Laura over to dinner, which then that's when we find out that Lurla and Chris have now been dating for six week. Yeah, because that was when I when I skimmed through it the first time, I didn't pick up on that, and I was trying to figure out, wait, how long have they been dating? Yeah, he picked up the phone and said hello Chris, And so now they that's how they worked that in so six weeks Lorele and Christopher and Suki understandably is like, you know, not loving it. He's a rebound. You don't want to have the father of your child be your rebound.
Speaker 1: And Bryan, you know, I thought in that scene Suki best represented the fans in the entire fan base of Gilmour nation. Yeah. Mind, gotta be kidding me with this stuff, right, yeah? Good.
Speaker 3: She's also trying to be a friend.
Speaker 1: All right, it has to be a friend. Good point, yes, but still like, hey, you.
Speaker 2: Know mayan An Island that I was like, oh, it's kind of cute. He's calling her for a date. He sort of cute. This is sort of cute. Am I. I'm alone in that right alone? I mean it was it.
Speaker 1: Was okay, we don't worry about.
Speaker 7: And then we go to the apartment where Rory is unpacking and we see that ridiculous rocket again.
Speaker 2: You know, she actually looked at it with disdain.
Speaker 7: Too, and then she and she's like, oh, I don't know how to leave a message on an answering machine, like just move on from that already I found annoyed, completely checked out with.
Speaker 2: Her weird sidekick, and then she turned it into the phone and then she just met awkward message like she's never barely met this guy before, oh.
Speaker 3: Sir, like like it's been three days.
Speaker 2: Right, Like She's like, yeah, that was annoying.
Speaker 7: And then Richard calls, and so her phone rings, and she apparently thought it was Logan because she's like, oh my gosh, hi, and I did too, though, well, but she would.
Speaker 10: Not call her that sidekicks not but on Sidekicks you had your contact, So yeah, she known.
Speaker 7: I don't know, maybe it was like an unknown number and so Logan and she didn't me.
Speaker 2: So sometimes I pick up and I don't look possible, Yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Mean maybe.
Speaker 7: Maybe she thought he was calling right back or something.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be annoying if every throughout this whole episode, I say possible instead of yeah, remember when we had to talk with no ease or whatever?
Speaker 7: Go ahead, So Richard is going to be lecturing in the economics department and Emily's in the background screaming things at him, telling him what to say into the phone. And it's interesting he called to see if she would be okay with it.
Speaker 3: Like I like this, I thought it was nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's infiltrating her school. If my dad was going to be a law professor at my school, i'd want to.
Speaker 3: Know he's considering.
Speaker 4: I would want to know.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean if she was bothered by it, she wouldn't have to tell anyone that was her grandfather.
Speaker 2: Well, but like what if her pals are in the class and they're like, are you related to that?
Speaker 10: But they like I thought it was they all know because Richard and Emily are so involved with everyone's families, they would they would definitely know.
Speaker 1: I feel like, plus wouldn't They haven't. They had some consecutive unsuccessful Friday night dinners that sort of turned into disasters, and it was maybe his way of reaching out.
Speaker 10: And trying to It also made me think of when you know, they really wanted Rory to go to Yale and they were so pushy, and I think he maybe just wanted to, like, you know, just respect her boundaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I also just love seeing Richard in this way, Like like I hated when he wasn't working and then he got his job or you know, started working again, and that was amazing but then I don't know. I like, I like the concept that he's going to be a professor. I knew there's something fun about that.
Speaker 7: It was cute how excited he was about it too.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to more Rory and Richard at Yale scene like I'm excited for hopefully that to come.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Did Ken Herman have a new mustache or was there something about his look? He looked slightly different to.
Speaker 1: Me, his hair different that one was.
Speaker 4: I think he had a fresh haircut, often.
Speaker 2: Good, but it was just like I was like, oh, does he have a new something?
Speaker 1: Your hairdoo?
Speaker 10: And I know we'll get into it. But Emily and Richard like stole this episode.
Speaker 2: I totally agree Tara, especially Emily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say it now because I couldn't hold it any long.
Speaker 2: Thank you because I totally agree. Okay, you you going?
Speaker 7: So now we cut back to the diner and Luke is reading the.
Speaker 4: List of what not.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that was funny. No gouging, no stabbing, And then this Patty tells her funny story about the ballerinas. So then April comes in with her avocado pit.
Speaker 2: Pit stop.
Speaker 7: That was a funny little line. I thought, this was cute, Like I I like seeing Luke doing the dad thing. Agree, so I I didn't. I love how Luke and April. I've always thought that was cute.
Speaker 6: He's like the least anxious person, and I love how overly anxious he is about being a dad. Yeah, everything that is surrounding April, he's just like, oh versus.
Speaker 7: He probably doesn't want to get in trouble with Anna.
Speaker 2: I'm also happy that they're giving you, Scott slash Luke something to do, Like now we've got some meat and something for you to do, and I'm really enjoying it. And I was happy about that storyline, like okay, good, I'm not just seeing you like mirrored around the diner.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you know. Here we have two storylines that, as far as the fans are concerned, are like watching two horror shows. Because you've got Christopher and Laurel I Together, which is a horror show for the fans, and then you've got April and Looked Together, which is a double horror show. It's like a double feature of Bad.
Speaker 2: For Me, not a horror show, none of it.
Speaker 1: Right, But this is not what the fans wanted to see. This is not how they wanted to end up at all. That's I I just empathize with the fans because I know they're sitting there, like sitting there like I am, like, what happened to this show? What the freak is going on here? Every week?
Speaker 11: Do you enjoy your scenes as a view they doubled down on the bad thing, yet they made it more pleasant to consume, right, but it's still like, you know, full of chemicals.
Speaker 2: So when you're watching yourself with Vanessa, right, are you able to like sort of have some joy in the cuteness of those scenes? Like I did? And I don't want to speak for the listen.
Speaker 1: I always said that I thought it added a really necessary to mention to Luke. Okay, but the fact that they made that relationship drive a wedge between Luke and Laureola I think was maybe not the smartest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well said I agree. I would like those scenes more if I knew Lorelai was going to be over in a minute and all is good and stars.
Speaker 7: Hollow, right, Yeah, kind of in retrospect, I enjoy that relationship because when there was a scene where Luke and Laureli when he was buying the Twigham house, and they talked about kids and they both wanted to have kids. And then now they're broken up, and so we're thinking, Okay, I'm never going to get to see Luke and laurel I having kids, so this is gonna be my chance to see Luke as a dad. And that relationship for me did not disappoint. I thought it was very fun to see Luke as a dad because now I'm seeing that, well, Laurela's not in his picture anymore, so I'm not going to get that kind of a parenting situation. So this is this is gonna be what I get. And so I thought it was Enjoyable's.
Speaker 2: Quite darling and quite like she's not she's a good actress, like even when she's finding her place for the I was sort of like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was the real deal from the first rehearsal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the very first.
Speaker 1: Rehearsal, she was the real deal. And I was like, wow, this is going to be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And she kind of seems like that, like having met her when we did the podcast event, like she was she and I had a delightful conversation, like she was just the nicest person to stay Vanessa's away. You can see that, like as a child, she would have been like she's like April, like precocious and prepared, and you.
Speaker 10: Know, and she was such a fan of the show, which is what makes it so much cooler.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, Vanessa and Laura are both like really cool, awesome people, Like they're really sweet, talented, nice people. I could see why even then, Scott, you knew, like, hey, this girls talented.
Speaker 1: Top notch, Yeah, top notch through and through, quality players, top of their game, pleasure to work with. So it's super professional. Yeah, you know, and you know they could have easily become series regulars.
Speaker 2: Did Vanessa do Switched at Birth or did.
Speaker 10: Laura Vanessa, Laura did, Austin and Ellie?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, thanks, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 7: Think that was That was actually one of the things that Vanessa and I were laughing about at at the podcast event because there was Scott. There was that charity event that we were at a few years ago and I can't remember, Oh, Jill Marini was there.
Speaker 2: Oh, we liked she. He was on Switched at Birth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And so we were laughing afterwards about how one of Vanessa Morano's dads introduced me to another one of Vanessa.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Oh, that's very funny.
Speaker 3: That's cute, that's very funny.
Speaker 2: That's right. He was her birth dad.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 3: It was a really good It was a good show.
Speaker 7: Okay. So then the scene and the diner then leads into them walking into Luke's apartment. He shows her around. She's looking for a place to put her avocado pit. That was actually my my favorite line was in that scene when Luke says something like you know that, well, there'll be more more light in the morning, and then.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, this was my favorite line too, brown in the morning. Literally my favorite line. I wrote the same thing down.
Speaker 3: I love the Target, Target or Tarja.
Speaker 7: Okay, but Luke has never been to Target.
Speaker 10: Like I believe it because like when you explain where they live, you got to drive all the way to go to.
Speaker 6: Like, well, he sure has been to a rause, so true.
Speaker 2: They do have a Rando ralse.
Speaker 7: True, more like a local shopping kind of person, like he might not want to go to the big national chain kind of.
Speaker 3: Place he goes to.
Speaker 2: Dozi's exactly the thing that I like about the scenes with April and hopefully I'm saying this properly. You do feel like her dad, but you do feel like a new dad, do you know what I'm saying? Like the scenes are played like it's not like it just feels like, yeah, this is exactly how it would be. They're they're getting super close. It's not quite to the level of like me and my dad, do you know what I mean? But like it all was good. I didn't.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: He's a giver, you know. I mean, he was a little bit of a different guy, but very similar with Jess than he is with his own daughter.
Speaker 7: He's a giver.
Speaker 1: He's giving me, he's gonna he's gonna err on the side of excess service that he's providing, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Care and parental.
Speaker 1: He's very parental, right, And both of them said, you know, Luke, that you're overdoing it. That's enough. I don't need all that you brought.
Speaker 2: Up Jess, because that I do think Jess gave you sort of a lot of training as a bother figure to slip into this role quite comfortably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he was quite appropriately stern with Jess and gave him real boundaries for probably the first time in his life. And you know, he's in he's in deeper waters with his own daughter, because she's obviously precocious, and you know, she's very, very independent, and she's self sufficient for the most part, and.
Speaker 2: She's getting younger.
Speaker 1: I think she's going to end up looking after him, you know what I mean, Yeah, giving him life advice.
Speaker 2: Jess came to live with Luke and he was probably sixteen, if not seventeen, and April is only thirteen, so there is like a big difference there too.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's you know it really and it also really illustrates how this massive gap between the young boys and girls, how much more advanced girls are.
Speaker 2: Well, she's also like a genius.
Speaker 1: Child, I understand, but across the board, I think that that's what I'm finding also with my son's school and his experiences.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you're right. And I noticed, like my my six year old niece, the way she's talks compared to six year old boys.
Speaker 4: Like, whoa, that's so true.
Speaker 1: They're just on it, you know.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 7: Okay, so then we go to the newsroom. Rory's back in her element. She's handing out assignments. I was confused at first as to why Doyle was at Harvard, and then I backed it up and realized she was saying Hartford, right, he.
Speaker 3: Graduated, right, Yeah, he graduated.
Speaker 2: Age logan at Harvard.
Speaker 7: And then I realized, wait, no, that's very much because he graduated, he's not the job as a fact checker. Paris is trying to convince everyone that you know.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: This is this is actually my favorite see in this entire episode because it's the only time that a a day player lowered the boom on anybody in any of these episodes that was in the regular cast. No, no, no, she's that girl that was standing up, just leveled her.
Speaker 2: Actually is such a great point.
Speaker 1: And she just said she expressed what I fully believed, like, listen to this lunatic, you know, and she was snarky and sarcastic and just you know, just owned her, basically owned her with a couple of lines. So I thought, boy, that's interesting to do that to Paris's character with a day player.
Speaker 7: That is a great call.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 7: And so Rory is stuck covering the art show because the guy that she assigned it to had some sort of a personal issue with with that. Okay, so that set up that scene and then laurelized house. So she's trying to decide what to wear. She's already wearing the black dress, but she doesn't know what this date is going to be, so she's.
Speaker 6: Got the cardigan necklace number two.
Speaker 7: The sandals was cute.
Speaker 1: That was to ask you, guys, something did this come off? This scene come off as cringey? In the foyer?
Speaker 4: He wasn't a fan.
Speaker 6: You know what cringe to me was right after as they were getting into the car, what is the date?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Is this the part of the date that I'm so to speak excited? What about that part?
Speaker 7: You know it that was so annoying? Is this is special thing?
Speaker 2: Am I not right? It's not my hashtag? Trying to we just.
Speaker 1: Sort of I mean, do we all?
Speaker 5: Amy?
Speaker 1: You don't have to respond, We know what you feel. But guys, are these the most awkward and cringey scenes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is why?
Speaker 10: This is why I had a hard time with the episode. Is it specifically was the Lorelei Chris scenes? Like if I could have just removed all of the like this storyline in these scenes, I would have liked the episode, but it was so hard for me to watch, Like I wasn't like.
Speaker 3: A big fan of Chris.
Speaker 10: Before I didn't mind him if he came around, he bugged me, But like this season he bothers me.
Speaker 1: Now he's now, he's now he's like he's a rich guy, so he can do all this fancy stuff.
Speaker 7: Right, Like he shows up and you know, out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 6: Hayden for who he is. But he put together a good date.
Speaker 7: It was a creative idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's the thing the picture, that's the thing that you allow Loup to do because Luke earned that right.
Speaker 4: That's but he did it.
Speaker 3: But he did it.
Speaker 1: I think a bad choice.
Speaker 2: Possibly, but it's the choice we're given.
Speaker 1: So I think that's a far more romantic scene if Luke does that to get her back, because you're outside of his wait.
Speaker 6: To see what happens will I will say I find it. When I was watching the episode, I did find it interesting the dates that lore lies going on with Christopher versus the ones with Luke. Like, if you think about the ones with Luke, the one that comes to mind is at his house. He's cooking her a very fancy, schmancy meal. But it's still at his house, right, and it's just it's shown I don't know. I think it's showing like Christopher is the.
Speaker 3: The experienced guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh this is I had the beautiful red car and I you know, open up the glove compartment. You'll find candy and the blah blah blah, you'll find popcorn, you know, all that stuff. And versus Luke was more just like humble, like come to my house. I'm gonna cook you a amazing dinner. You know it's yeah, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Christopher move was it was more like he was taking himself out on a date.
Speaker 7: You know, I disagree.
Speaker 2: I thought it was lovely.
Speaker 1: He wanted he wanted all of these compliments. You know. I think back to him and it was just kind of manipulative.
Speaker 4: And I rented this cool car, I think, and.
Speaker 6: I think he was like, I want lore Lie so bad, I'm gonna sweep her off her feet. What is it that they got?
Speaker 2: They find bad movies? They've gone to five bad movies. They have the whole bit, which I admit was forced about how like all the movies maybe it's us. So he like it was very a cool date, Like it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean I don't like it's the wrong person.
Speaker 9: In the car, the wrong person.
Speaker 2: But it's the person we have right now.
Speaker 6: It is the perfect date with the most wrong person guy.
Speaker 3: That is the whole point. I actually agree with you.
Speaker 10: I actually agree with you, like you wish that this was Luke because it's so romantic, but you don't.
Speaker 3: That guy there is.
Speaker 1: That's what makes it so wrong. It's not so wrong that it's right. It's so wrong that it's way wrong.
Speaker 7: It is a very moralized kind of date for her. It's a perfect wrong person. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, my goodness, it's the perfect date with the guy she's trying to make the guy. She is trying very hard to really make Christopher the guy.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see what happens. I don't even want to know how he's.
Speaker 7: Going to sad before it gets better. But I mean, actually I agree with your last what you just said, Amy. She's trying really hard to make Christopher the guy. But if he really is the guy, she wouldn't have to try so hard.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: That's what the way that Luke and Laurel I just so easily fold into each other, and there is work off of each other and bounce off of each other.
Speaker 2: There is something about their chemistry. I'm not saying they have no chemistry, but they're they're just trying too hard. The chemistry is a little off, even when they're in the car at the date.
Speaker 1: Like it's like a little non existent.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I will say, it's there was a little chemistry either.
Speaker 1: That was the side of the barn.
Speaker 2: That's what you're when I see it, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: That was the wood that had that effect on you.
Speaker 6: I feel like it was all wrong on lauralizing, Like she's the one that made those scenes awkward in the sense of like, oh, is this a special thing? Is this a special thing? I don't know, I don't know if that was intentional. I feel that laurelized character made those scenes very weird.
Speaker 4: Actually felt sorry.
Speaker 1: I felt sorry for her because she's trying to make the best of a situation that she probably feels deep down has no chance and feels wrong, and she's being her most optimistic self and she's being brave about it, and she feels hurt by Luke and shunned by Luke, and I think it's it's it kills me to see it as a as a fan of the show, not just being part of it, but it's like this girl's really brave and she's really trying to make a life for herself, and this is just a desperate attempt and it's not working nobody's feelings.
Speaker 6: It's such a good point because Christopher is so in and he is saying he loves her and he's just being him. Whether you hate him or love him, He's just being Christopher. And Laurla is trying hard to make that work.
Speaker 1: That is not that is not the type of person that Laurele I really likes.
Speaker 3: No, and she made this decision and I'm just trying to.
Speaker 6: Is the person she's supposed to right now?
Speaker 2: She's this is the this is in my opinion, just my opinion. She's sort of liking that. She's trying to like Rory's dad. There is always something and the fact that Rory is sort of Okay, you're dating my dad, Like it's not horrible, is it, Luke?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Is it her soulmate? No, it's all sort of like you always want your parents to be back together. And I think lorala I is feeling that too, like I want to like him even though we know deep down it's not right, but she wants to like it. There are three moments where I think there's chemistry. Two. One is when they're at the door and she does invite him in the other time that I really had joy and I know we're not quite there yet, is the fact that Christopher was there and she even acknowledges it for Emily to get arrested.
Speaker 6: But you know what's weird about that scene is Christopher, I think didn't really want Like he was just like, oh, your mom overshadowed.
Speaker 2: My date.
Speaker 1: Concern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was annoying, that wasn't.
Speaker 6: I kind of I kind of understand that we're not in high school, like, come on, Like she she felt very high school in that scene.
Speaker 7: I think that's, like we've talked about before, is that when she's a on Christopher, she regresses, and so she is very high schooly And you know when she's running around in that high pitched voice going is this a special thing? Is this a special thing? She sounds like a seventh grader, Like that's I think that's what the issue is is that she literally is reverting back to what they had gazillions of years ago, right, That's that's all they had.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 1: They are she's a far more complex adult. He seems to have not grown terribly much over the years. And she finds herself in a situation that is perfect for her with the wrong guy that she's trying to make the right guy who's trying to get some that night, and she doesn't feel it, and she's using this like I really like this right now, and I don't want to disturb it instead of.
Speaker 4: Going with it, because he's just too.
Speaker 1: He's got no game, he's too available, he's so he's like a puppy dog. Yeah, Like, what do you think.
Speaker 2: I think any of it, But I'm just gonna zip it.
Speaker 6: I think he really just wants to be with Lorelai, like I actually do think. I think Lorea is the one that's desperate, if I'm being honest, Like, I think she's the one that's trying so hard to make something work, and Christopher actually does want to be with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, I think no. What we mean by Christopher being desperate, he's desperate for her. She's not desper to him. He's desperate to hang on. She's not desperate to nail him down.
Speaker 3: She's just desperate to be in a relationship.
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly, Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're all yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not saying exactly the same thing. I'm saying. I'm not that mad watching this right now. I'm sort of enjoying it. I think they have a little bit of chemistry. I love the car ride. I love the movie, even though I think they were awkward and I was very nervous that all that popcorn must have been spilling in his center calm.
Speaker 6: Soul and cold.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they must have been driving for a long time, because it was daylight when he picked her up and nighttime they got to the bar, so they must have been driving for a while. So I don't know how he kept the popcorn hot.
Speaker 2: But but I did love him in the scenes. Family, Sorry, I do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So all right, so we so Luke and April go to Target. They buy everything that's cerulean. H girl doesn't like all of it. So the okay, the conversation where she's trying to play up her science teacher Luke so they can have this romantic cute. It was shot, but it was a little weird.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you know, Luke is trying to, you know, reassure her that she doesn't need to take care of him. He's going to take care of him.
Speaker 1: Right, This plays into her taking care of her own dead.
Speaker 4: Right, right, great kid being a great case.
Speaker 7: It was it was just was I don't know. It was felt weird to me that they were talking about this failed relationship because she was she played a role in that failed relationship, even though it wasn't her fault and she didn't know it. I'm not blaming her at all, but I don't know. The whole thing just felt like, oh, that's right, they're not together anymore.
Speaker 1: Like I was just kind of sad about it.
Speaker 7: But it right, It was a good father daughter moment, right.
Speaker 1: But it did show that he just wasn't interested in anybody else. Yeah, and that doesn't necessarily mean he's pining away for Loreli, but I think he is in silence again.
Speaker 2: Well, it is too soon.
Speaker 1: I think it's too soon for him to pine.
Speaker 2: It's too soon, frankly for either of them to be dating.
Speaker 1: I think there's that weird stage of numbness when some when you break up like that where it's just like you know, I don't care whatever, been there, done that. This is bizarre. I don't quite understand this and I don't understand my own feelings right now. So it's it's like I'm just going to go about my business, you know, because I can't process it. I don't think he's able to process this, right. Yeah. And then life keeps flooding in in April, and here we go and he's got a business to run, he's got a daughter to raise, and you know, he's probably unable to comprehend what has what has happened really for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right. I think you're right on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: All right. So then we have the start of the movie, which we pretty much already talked about this scene and then Richard is sitting in my office at Yale talking on the phone to Emily, which you know, as we find out thirty seconds later, is illegal in Connecticut. We see Emily get pulled over. She doesn't want to blow into the breath.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: Can I say my favorite line because it's in the scene or I pulled it up like.
Speaker 2: Young man, I don't know where that's been.
Speaker 1: No, he's not going anywhere nearby.
Speaker 2: Certainty, it won't be going anywhere near that was That was great.
Speaker 10: But my favorite line is the police officer says, you were on a cell phone, man, and she goes, I don't see how that's your concern.
Speaker 3: Do my bills go to your office? Coffee is out?
Speaker 6: It's a band too.
Speaker 7: Emily, My god.
Speaker 2: The whole episode might.
Speaker 10: Have been my favorite scene she's done ever in the show.
Speaker 2: I will say I might agree.
Speaker 7: It was all the way.
Speaker 3: It was so unhinged, and it was so great.
Speaker 2: All the way from that, all the way to jail, all the way to driving home with them and being like.
Speaker 3: Are you grabbing her?
Speaker 2: Meat?
Speaker 3: Grabbing her you guys on a.
Speaker 2: Date is so good. Her hair is all going to be whack, and the convertible good. Somebody also pointed out, is that the same jail that Rory went to for the yacht staff?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and Laura I picked her up?
Speaker 7: I think so, think so because that guy was sitting behind a glass window.
Speaker 1: Yeah I remember, yeah.
Speaker 2: And Loreley just taking pictures of everything on our.
Speaker 6: All the guard.
Speaker 1: Funny.
Speaker 7: The whole thing was really good, like.
Speaker 10: Made laurelized day, Like if the dates didn't do it, this did.
Speaker 1: That just shows that Christopher's timing is just really bad. You know, life is just not agreeing with this relationship.
Speaker 2: At least for anyone listening, Dream.
Speaker 4: Date is going to get sabotaged by something for nothing.
Speaker 2: At least people can.
Speaker 1: Something far more entertaining.
Speaker 7: Actually, I can.
Speaker 2: Hear a point, because at least one of us is trying to find some because.
Speaker 1: You don't you think the fans were so pleased with the Emily getting arrested, the phone call that came during that day, because can we please get out of this most awkward, cringey thing in the history of television and.
Speaker 4: Give us something to happen.
Speaker 1: Emily greatness? Right, So I was so appreciative of that.
Speaker 2: I actually sort of like their weird sex talk too, like when they're talking about why she doesn't want to spend the night kind of a thing, remember that in the car, And that's kind of weird. But it was good. It was good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think there was a lot to that about her saying like she didn't she doesn't trust their relationship.
Speaker 1: And then I think if you could possibly make that character more unlikable, they accomplished it because when he dropped her off, and I think we just mentioned this, he was insecure about because you know, you know Emily upstage date and.
Speaker 4: It was like, that wasn't great.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie that part.
Speaker 6: To his point. I'm just kind of like I kind of understand why he's annoyed that they're like in high school.
Speaker 2: I think that I was away from the date, like it was still a great date and this was just the cherry on top because he he's og with Loralai. So the fact that he knows everything and gets to go to jail to pick up Emily, to me, it made the date better, which I.
Speaker 1: Think, ye, well, it made the date better for Laurelai. It didn't make the date better for him. Rind about it. It should have and he should have rolled with it and just had a great.
Speaker 4: Time with exactly.
Speaker 2: You're right, exactly, you know.
Speaker 1: But again he's got no game yea.
Speaker 7: So then it kind of makes an abrupt turn.
Speaker 2: Oh yes it does.
Speaker 7: Emily gets pulled over by the cop and then it cuts to them at the art show.
Speaker 2: Yes it was.
Speaker 3: It was so weird.
Speaker 7: What do we think about the art show? Because that made me feel.
Speaker 3: Certain that I thought the like the water cooler part was really weird. Yeah, Like I was at first, I was like, wait, we know these girls.
Speaker 10: It it took me a second, I'm like, these girls are from somewhere that I realized it's they continue in the season.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that introduction was so weird.
Speaker 2: They had to figure out how to get him in there somehow.
Speaker 7: I thought it was just weird how like it started out like they were pranking her with the water cooler bit, but then they're like, oh my gosh, Paris, We're obsessed with Paris And where did that come from?
Speaker 3: We've ever been obsessed with Paris?
Speaker 2: Right, that was weird.
Speaker 3: That was weird.
Speaker 1: Why in what way.
Speaker 2: That was weird? And like it was almost like they wrote it in there to be like that'll bond her quicker with these girls audience to get her two new friends because she doesn't have logan and she needs somebody to talk to in scenes. But I was like, we don't need to know that they even know Paris.
Speaker 1: You think they were just putting her on just saying that because they know she knows.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, when you're like trying to bond with somebody.
Speaker 3: You just say like whatever they want to hear, try.
Speaker 2: And find a mutual thing. This was unnecessary.
Speaker 7: It just felt because Rory's usually kind of maybe a little introverted than a little shy, and.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what I'm thinking. And I don't know what is to come here in season seven. But maybe those girls were just trying to get in Logan's apartment to get more information on Logan because they both want Logan for themselves.
Speaker 6: They're going to was my thought too, Like they're shoplifting there, totally. I totally thought they were, Like I'm not even.
Speaker 7: Getting they're going to Rory College.
Speaker 2: In college, you made friends way quicker, especially like if you you had a bonding, right.
Speaker 6: So like friends in the bathroom line, your best friend.
Speaker 2: I'm a kapa, I'm a pie. I want to go to dinner. Okay, Like literally, that's.
Speaker 4: How I get Tory.
Speaker 1: Rory is getting played.
Speaker 2: It just because wait for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just saying that you guys have.
Speaker 2: To just wait because there's a whole thing yeah a coming.
Speaker 10: It did take me a second boat because I forgot about them altogether.
Speaker 3: We're not going I won't say anything.
Speaker 6: I still think they're gonna screw.
Speaker 2: They're going to steal his popcorn. Yeah, just just know was so messy, though it also give me the Willies when they're spilling the kernels, and.
Speaker 7: I'm just like, oh my god, I have had a red flag on that because I'm sorry, but nobody has owned an air popper since nineteen eighty six? Why is that in Logan's apartment? I refuse?
Speaker 2: Did they say it was a pop popper from eighty six?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 7: Who used That's when we used air poppers.
Speaker 2: Oh, Suzanne, I hate to tell you this, but I have that. I was good.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say they're kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a same okay now, but.
Speaker 7: In two thousand and seven, nobody I think we've had we've had an air popper. Microwave popcorn all the way.
Speaker 2: No, actually, that's bad for you.
Speaker 10: I know a lot of people who've always made their popcorn that way and they refuse to use microwaves.
Speaker 7: Okay, maybe I just have weird friends. I do not know one single person.
Speaker 2: Do you guys want to know a sorority.
Speaker 1: Check listen jiffy pop. I have nothing to contribute.
Speaker 6: To the grid if you pop over a fire?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, well yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: Do you guys want to know a sorority trick? Okay, So in the sorority, there's like a kitchen. But you can't just like go into and open the refrigerator. You're not allowed, so it's like locked. So this is at least in mind. There's a little kitchen and in it there was apples, bananas, peanut, butter, bread and popcorn. So you take a brown lunch sack, put the kernels in there, roll it up, pop that in the microwave. Perfect bag of popcorn. Yeah, there you go, and then you salt it. I don't even I don't think we ever had butter. I don't think we had butter anyway, I digress. But I do have an air popper, literally, just like that one. Okay, I don't have that gourmet popcorn that she was spilling everywhere.
Speaker 1: I never used an air popper never.
Speaker 2: How do you make your popcorn now?
Speaker 1: I don't. We don't. We just buy it in bags like the Trader Joe's Ready. I don't even know if pops available anymore.
Speaker 2: I hope it is.
Speaker 7: Access trying to explain it to my kids a couple of months ago, and it is still and it's probably my grandparents.
Speaker 2: That was the stuff you shook over the stove.
Speaker 1: It's so brilliant. But the thing is it's like the popcorn on Amazon expand the waistline.
Speaker 12: Probably from from agost It in their garage for the Zombie Apocalypse to need that right, right.
Speaker 7: So we did the art show and then so Chris and Laura I finished their dates. She gets the phone call.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: Then we cut to Luke's apartment. April's going to bed. She's reading her biology textbook. That was very cute. That was when they had that cute little moment about here care of her. Then we go, okay, so this was this scene was hilarious. The jail scene when they're picking her up and Emily was like, thank you for giving me my belongings that I already owned.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, one thing.
Speaker 6: When they were at Luke's apartment, April tell says she knows that they broke up and that her mom told her. I know that was a nugget that like, oh.
Speaker 2: Her mom told her. Her mom didn't say I caused it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, And you wonder like how she told her, like was it like a gossip peehunt?
Speaker 2: And I feel like it was honey. You know how April and Anna have that such mother daughtery thing. So Anna probably felt obligated, Honey, I know you're gonna go see your dad just so you know he's broken up with Loralai. Don't bring it up, you know. I'm sure she did it as some mother daughter teaching moment or something, maybe, I hope.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, I feel like she could have been a little glowedy about it, but.
Speaker 2: She's not the type. I don't know. I feel like she's everything's about being the mom. But but I could be wrong on that. There might have been a little bit of a glow too.
Speaker 7: So then we get to the scene where Rory arrives at the apartment with Lucy and Olivia and they're all like wow, and then Logan calls and she kind of blows them off. So this made me think because it was Logan calls and he's already at work, so it must have been like in.
Speaker 2: The morning, I thought, So, what did we decide? London is eight hours later. I think he could have been midnight, and it's.
Speaker 3: Five hours because five hours from the.
Speaker 2: East coast, that's right, So it must be two am three, Yeah, two a two or.
Speaker 7: Three in the morning, which I mean, that's fine, Yeah, that's very collegy.
Speaker 6: We say that, Well, she was drunk, right, that's safety.
Speaker 7: They were all, Yeah, they must have gone somewhere after the art show, because the art show wouldn't still be open. We went and had a few drinks.
Speaker 3: And came back to the apartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I can't.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm happy for Rory that she did that.
Speaker 2: And that she has some friends.
Speaker 3: She needed to have some fun.
Speaker 6: She was just like and not just wait around the phone the whole time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, Like, because the past couple episodes have been like slogging through quicksand with her, like she's just blipping around and you know, missus logan and doesn't know what to do, and so this was I liked this episode because I kind of got her back in the saddle little bit.
Speaker 8: M h.
Speaker 3: I feel like the episodes prior she fell trapped because her boyfriend was in a different country and she couldn't do anything.
Speaker 10: And now she's like back in a routine with school and actually meeting new people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's she's living a little bit more of a normal sort of situation.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: So then we.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then so then we kind of already talked about this scene too. We're back on the porch at loralized house.
Speaker 2: And this where I felt a little chemistry even though he was annoying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one thing I wanted to discuss is in the car when they're at the date, she was telling him she doesn't trust them yet. She wants to go slow and just kind of keep it where it is for now, and he's like, okay, I can wait, I can wait. And then they're back on the front porch and she's like, oh, do you want to come in?
Speaker 3: It's like no, no, but he.
Speaker 2: Was She said do you want to come in? Because guess what, we know what means.
Speaker 7: She wasn't ready for that, so now she.
Speaker 2: Changed her mind after they had such a great time.
Speaker 6: That's what's annoying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is annoying, right because Christopher's like a single cell organism, like he just you have to be direct with him. Keeps sending him these mixed messages.
Speaker 6: But that's why I can't blame him in this episode. I truly cannot blame him. He's actually he's just following loreal likely, if I'm being completely honest, he's just following her exactly.
Speaker 1: His problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I just was aggravated with her in the scene. I don't I agree that, you know, Christopher is just going to follow what she does, so she says come in. He's not ever gonna say no.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 7: So I was annoyed with her. I'm not ready for this, but then let's go do this.
Speaker 3: Yes, Susanne, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: It was just like the dog runs in and gets the treats.
Speaker 3: I mean I literally rolled my eyes at the end of this episode.
Speaker 6: I was like, really, like again again, like for the third time?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna again?
Speaker 10: Are we going to the episode the same way for the fourth time in a row?
Speaker 3: Like you know, it's just always.
Speaker 7: Like a.
Speaker 1: Puppy dog has the popcorn ready puppy dog.
Speaker 7: Here's the outlier, Scott the puppy dog.
Speaker 2: I didn't hate it. I we we spoke briefly about it. But the scenes with Emily, I've said it twenty times, were amazing. I love getting her picked up at jail.
Speaker 7: The whole thing.
Speaker 2: Are you on today?
Speaker 7: Like the whole thing A highlight for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's wrap this bear up.
Speaker 2: I'm scared who should go? Should I go first or last? With my rating?
Speaker 1: Well, I think you should go first and all right, go ahead, goats lead us off.
Speaker 2: Nine point wow three Redvine nine point three.
Speaker 1: What do you give it?
Speaker 10: Emily really redeemed this episode for me, so I will give it a.
Speaker 3: Seven point five water coolers.
Speaker 6: Tara Danielle eight point two egg bagels.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, sounds good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it.
Speaker 7: So this was an interesting episode because it really set up a lot of storylines to fan out from here for the rest of the season. So structurally I appreciated that. I'm gonna give it a seven points three packs of socks from Target.
Speaker 2: Oh, I forgot about the socks.
Speaker 1: Good. Yeah. Uh, I've already said what I'm going to say about this episode. I've been consistent in my dislike of season seven. I've been scoring shows zeros and then another zero and then I think I gave half a point last week, didn't I or something like that. I'm going to give this just for the cringe worthiness. I'm going to deduct several points, but there were some strong points as well. So I'm really gonna go out on a limb here and give it like a three point seven to two.
Speaker 3: A jump jump from the last.
Speaker 4: Four three.
Speaker 1: Of Hartford police citations.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: And I will say that I don't know if this is mean, but I think this episode was tad better because we didn't have the lame storyline.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it made a tad bit better.
Speaker 1: Give me gim me Richard and Emily every single time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, over everyone.
Speaker 10: Wow, I wouldn't, well, not everyone, but I mean, like, I mean, like these storylines we're having, like right, I think it's always a fuller show with Yeah, they they round the show out.
Speaker 1: I mean I think they're, you know, the central core of the show. So yeah, you gotta have that. Anyway, Thanks everybody. So the next episode is what's Season seven, Episode five, The Great Stink And appreciate the downloads. Keep the cards and letters coming. We love you, guys, best fans on the planet. We will see you next time. Stay safe.
Speaker 8: Dot dot
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.