Speaker 1: Work with me here.
Speaker 2: You know bt know how it goes, shout out oct no real color, what we see whole game read of baller.
Speaker 3: Be something three.
Speaker 4: Oh, you can't stand on the homes see. I already know you came with me because with the squad on me, they get into that.
Speaker 5: They called me.
Speaker 3: He love love, he.
Speaker 4: Love ball Alert. Welcome to the ball Alert Show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcasts. Please continue to like, subscribe, and share our YouTube page at baller alert TV. I go by the name of Ferrari sim I go by.
Speaker 6: The name you know bt cet where that the money in the building.
Speaker 1: Got them nails manicured, shining.
Speaker 2: What's up, sir, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm great, I'm I'm I'm a big fan.
Speaker 2: Man, thank you.
Speaker 4: I was telling my co host my AKA my friends. I was just driving one day and of course I knew you did music, but and I saw that you did music. I was driving listening to Cyrus x Sam and I was like, damn, this is so hard as fun, I said. I looked down. I said that this is the money WHOA downloaded it added to my playlist. Been a fan ever since.
Speaker 2: Man, I love that man. I appreciate it. M your serf for real?
Speaker 6: You ready out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take it back to the beginning the money. You know, this is your first time on the platform on ball alert. Uh you know, can you take us back to you know how the money grew up the makings of who you are. Now we've seen you grow up on TV. But you know that's the production aspect of it, you know. But you you mentioned Riverdale many times I heard throughout all most of your albums, So let us know about the Dale a little bit.
Speaker 2: So I stayed with my mother and stayed with my mother. Most people don't know that we got different moms. So me and Messiah got the same Momssida as my older brother. Uh so boom, we both we both lived with her, and uh we did stand Riverdale for a while.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that. I didn't know you had the same mom.
Speaker 2: Us that it turned out to be a good balance. But I wasn't looking at it like that at the time. But so you could imagine, uh, going from this type of situation which wasn't like bad, Like I didn't look around like, man, we need to this is crazy. I wasn't like that. But it's just like when you see something else that's uh just like totally opposite of that. It's like it make you you, you make you feel weird.
Speaker 6: What do you what do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: Like your dad like your dad's living arrangements and then you're.
Speaker 2: Right and it's not like a like a bad thing. It's just like I'm thinking about, dang, how does my mom feel like going on trips and stuff? And she's at the house and uh, going over here. Uh we come back with closed toys. Uh, just whatever we asked for for real, and uh, that's it, Just wondering how she feel.
Speaker 4: But she was very thoughtful of you that way too. Most kids would be like, man, I'm good, I'm.
Speaker 6: Living everybody like I'm going to my daddy house.
Speaker 1: That's that that water sign you No, I'm gonna cancer though?
Speaker 4: What was that.
Speaker 2: Crying?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You you feel the emotions. You know what I'm saying. You feel for your family. My brother's a pis, so you know he has a lot of emotions, and y'all are the most emotional sign.
Speaker 6: Of the whole.
Speaker 1: Like we not yeah, but you know, were you her only kids? You and Messia or did she.
Speaker 2: Have were but at the time we would, but now we got a sister. Okay, so she got another one.
Speaker 1: So you know, when you came back from you know, living such a lavish life, like you said, going on trips and then you have it to adjust to go back home home, was it kind of hard not to be like braggadocious or you know, to your friends because I know they're looking at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I probably started off being braggadocia because I didn't understand it just yet. But then I realized, Man, it's not that's not cool coming back telling everybody all this good so I started keeping it to myself. So you know how you might come back from a from spring break or holiday, breaking the teacher to tell everybody what you did over holiday. I just started just keeping it simple. Just was chilling.
Speaker 1: But when they saw you on TV, that's.
Speaker 2: When it took it to another level.
Speaker 4: And what grade or what year was this for you TV?
Speaker 2: I think it might have been fifth grade.
Speaker 4: Wow, damn, that's alloted to handle in fifth grade.
Speaker 3: Man, I couldn't even imagine being on TV in the fifth grade and then coming back to school. How was that first experience when you first got on TV going back into school, going to the fifth grade.
Speaker 2: Of course, everybody see you on TV. But I was already cool, like I I've been going to the same school since well fourth grade actually, so that was a shock to people, but they kind of grew with me. It's like I didn't. I didn't pretty much switch schools after that. So all my friends was already my friends.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's just and everybody already knew t I was your dad obviously.
Speaker 2: Right, they had some people knew, but the TV definitely they was like, oh, that's his daddy for real, and I just seen you last night. Yeah, but it did it give you.
Speaker 1: Cool points that a lot of people want to be your friend?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 4: Did you like that though?
Speaker 2: Did you like?
Speaker 4: How did you feel about because I don't think you really had a choice, did you Did you have a choice?
Speaker 2: Choice? Yeah? I mean they asked, I mean they asked, did we want to do it? And I was like, shoot, yeah, everyone had a choice.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: And you're older than Massiah, right.
Speaker 2: He's the oldest thirteen months older than me, I believe.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, were you looking to him a little bit for guidance when you were younger?
Speaker 2: I would, it'd be crazy, I said I would, I didn't. I think I think I did for sure. That's my older brother. I mean I look at I try to learn from everybody. I look at my younger siblings too for guidance too, because they'll mess around and say something too soaking it all up exactly. So, but I definitely did look look to him forgottness.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, in your first project, I believe you mentioned being a rapper and you know, helping your mom live a better life for sure? Can you expound on that a little bit?
Speaker 2: A better life? I just wanted to match, just wanted to match it, you know what I'm saying. So when we go on a trip here, we can go on a trip here. So that's just what, Like I said, I was just thinking about how she may have felt because we didn't really had that conversation, and I turned to my music. I really just had that conversation in my music. But after I guess as she heard the music, she had to let me know because she didn't know I was thinking like that. She was like, yeah, I don't be thinking like that. The money and so, but yeah, it's just that, it's just that it's just making sure that is the same thing that we do over here, that we're able to do it over here too.
Speaker 4: Now, you said in the music when is when did you start playing around with music?
Speaker 2: Nine years old? Nine years old? Pops was locked up. It was at the grandma house. My cousins was in the studio. So my cousins kind of took over the studio at my grandma house. And I was just around in the basement just playing. And then one day I just sat in the studio and they was playing some beats, and then I just told my cousin, I said I want to do something, and they all just looked at me and they're like, what you talking about? I want to do some music. And that's how it started.
Speaker 4: When did you start taking it really seriously though?
Speaker 2: Probably fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 4: Now you really be you really be into your vibe. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, Like hear a little.
Speaker 2: J Cole is Jay Cole one of your favorite rappers, Jake Cole, Jay z Andre, my father Wayne.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you got you got a lot of favorites.
Speaker 1: What do you feel like when people you know compare you to Jake Cole or say, man, he sounds just like j Cole.
Speaker 2: I think that's the introduction to That's how everyone basically says, this is something new and I like it, like when you eat some food and you like it about Oh, this.
Speaker 6: Tastes like woo, so you take it as a compliment.
Speaker 2: Take it as a compliment.
Speaker 6: Have you ever had a conversation with Jake Cole.
Speaker 2: Or not about that? But we was at a camp. Who was at a camp recently actually for his album, and somebody was looking for I was there. Somebody looking for me and thought I was him. He said the money. He turned around, he said, nah, it's me.
Speaker 4: You got the dress? What what what made you decide to grow dreads locks locks?
Speaker 2: That's a good catch too. I was just in class, just twisting my hair. I had a fro at first, and I was just in class twisting my hair and I just left it.
Speaker 4: That's simple that. There was no nothing behind.
Speaker 2: It, no parting, no getting done, none of it. I didn't sit down in my chair. I was just in class, probably not paying attention doing this. It's just stayed.
Speaker 1: Well, you're doing inspired your daddy. It looked like because he got.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, talking about it. He was he was the main one talking about.
Speaker 6: What was What was he saying when you when you got locks?
Speaker 2: He was just because you know, you got to go through that phase. You got to go through the with your hair. Don't know whether to drop or stay up.
Speaker 6: It's like it's like a yeah right all over the place.
Speaker 2: So he was talking about it at first. It's just kind of crazy. I'm going through that phase and he don't understand it, but he trying to. Yeah, he grown lots now.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like the crazy hair phase. That's what I tell people. I said, that's that's really when you're gonna test yourself if you really think you got good self esteem. When you go through that phase where you like your hair, you know, you can't just calm it down no more. You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: Being a kid and going through an awkward stage.
Speaker 2: For sure, and you got to just just commit. You gotta lock in for sure.
Speaker 1: So you speak a lot in your previous albums about going to college. Why did you choose not to do that?
Speaker 2: I already had a team, already had music was my main focus, and I knew one I knew if I went to college, I wasn't gonna want to do the work I was just gonna figure out a way to get around doing the work and have someone else do it for me too. But I did want to go for the experience though. I wanted to go for the experience just to be around of people. I guess all working towards the same goal. I guess that's always good. But already had a team. I already had this music thing going, and I'm like, man, and I had like a tour opportunity. So I'm like, I'm either go to college or either go on this tour. I chose the tour. I chose music. So and that was only because it's like my team really been waiting on me to get out of high school too, because we never really we couldn't really do nothing, like until the weekends. We couldn't travel on to the weekends, to the studio to the weekend. So it was like, yeah, we finna do this full force now that we just graduated. So I just chose music.
Speaker 1: How did your parents feel about that choice?
Speaker 2: They didn't care. They didn't care. They wanted on. They just wanted me to do something. You know, you just want your kids to do something right, have a plan, just really be put one hundred and ten percent into it, and they seen that it was They seen that I was serious, And I guess they always let me rock because everything I did I was they seeing it. I had like a look in my eyes. I was just so serious about it, even like some weird stuff. They just they just always let me rock.
Speaker 4: Now, I know we're talking about all this stuff, but how was your personal life? Did you have a girlfriend at the time or when? At any point?
Speaker 2: Any point?
Speaker 4: Okay, so how do you maintain both?
Speaker 2: Just conversations, I guess conversations, communicating, letting each other know what, we let each other know how we want things. And I think it's just all a.
Speaker 4: Conversation was very mature. Is the money in a relationship?
Speaker 2: Now? Man, I'm good right now?
Speaker 6: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, I don't even know.
Speaker 4: That you're open to whatever.
Speaker 3: No, I think that means he's in a relationship. I think I think that means he's in a relationship and they're good right now?
Speaker 1: Would this be the young lady who likes Hennessy and Crystals?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: That song you on?
Speaker 2: What you talking about? She definitely likes Hanny and Christal. You like your song? Yeah? I love that song. That song is actually not about a specific incident though. That song is really about me saying that I like a girl who know how to have fun and like also a little spiritual and like she's smart at the same time. Hennessy and chrystals. That's what I mean, That's what That's what I was thinking when I made it. But it turned into someone you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get it. So what so is that what you look for in a woman like you said, spiritual who has fun too?
Speaker 2: For sure? I like a well rounded person man who.
Speaker 1: Know how to cook rice.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you know what's going on, y'all not even catching I'm guessing.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have a celebrity cush crush of any gun?
Speaker 2: I like Ericabad Okay, I like.
Speaker 1: For sure, You're I love like and I'm glad you brought up Sha because I love the production. I can tell, like from your first project up into you know, your latest project, the the growth and production. I love the saxophones and the horns that that that are played softly, because at first it was like, you know, it gave you know, you had the samples going and it was really, you know, a lot going on. But now it's kind of more laid back and chill type of thing, like how it kind of goes with your flow kind of matches that is there was there a method to that.
Speaker 2: Nah, I just think we just grow. I think I just allowed myself to just I never felt like I mastered a certain sound or a certain uh thing I was doing in the studio, so I always was just open and just trying new things. And yeah, I don't think it was played out at all. I just love instruments. I love live music. But at the same time, I like eight o eights and I just combined it too, and I just ran into I ran into and like always just been around just dope musicians, people who know how to play the guitar, bass, guitar, saxophone, viola, all type of stuff. We all just sat in the studio and just kept coming back and now we just just got a great chemistry.
Speaker 1: And is that one of the advantages of having you know, half of you being you know, well off in a sense as far as your what your dad provides for you. Is that a perk of it, like being able to bring in musicians like that versus somebody without the resources to kind of you know, make a beat on free loops or something, versus you getting like true musicians to create a masterpiece. I mean, I'm not, but I'm just saying that's all some people got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a lot of people need to Weezy Fruity Loops. Weezy got a ugly looking you know, we got an ugly laptop, and he got Fruity Loops and he been on Fredy Loops for since he started, probably and Weezy is out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. But it's hard to conduct a big, massive sound.
Speaker 2: I know what you're saying, but I just didn't want people to get the wrongs.
Speaker 1: No, shout out to Loops.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I used to be a reason person, a propeller head, but I haven't really done it in a while.
Speaker 2: But I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not down.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: The last thing that I really liked was pretty so honest Studio one, because it allowed me to you know, record live and your mentor just use their stuff and like combine the two analog and digital in one.
Speaker 2: For sure. Yeah, I see what you're saying, because that is difficult to do in fl Most people start, uh start to beat the fl and then add instruments on some other stuff. Yeah, exactly, But yeah, that is an advantage. That is definitely an advantage having a relationship and then just people. Sometimes you get genuine people and then sometimes you get people with a motive of course, but yeah, y'all still end up getting something done. But yeah, that's definitely an advantage for sure.
Speaker 6: So you got any dream collapse.
Speaker 2: I know this is just a broad answer, but I really want to genuinely work with people who genuinely want to work with me. But if I had to say some names, it would be, uh, I like Tyler, I like Tyler the creative, Tyler the creator talking about Tyler.
Speaker 4: Tyler the water for singer creator too and.
Speaker 2: Cold Cold.
Speaker 4: I definitely want to hear you in Cold for sure.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I hear him on Sleep It Off for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get a remix or something he if he stumbled across it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I heard he's similar to you, like if he if he genuinely likes something, he'll hop on it. He doesn't charge for features.
Speaker 2: For sure, exactly.
Speaker 3: That's why we got to put this in the energy because because when y'all do hop on a song together, you know, magical are you.
Speaker 4: And your dad gonna ever? He's on the Libra project, but I want, I want, I want y'all to drop off full full project. We get that. I've talked about it on our stage.
Speaker 2: I don't see why not. It just gotta happen.
Speaker 4: Mm hm, who got who gotta convince you? And we actually we had we had your dad and King on the show when he was promoting the movie and I said this to him. I was like, Man, the mine's fire. I'm a big fan of the money man. Oh man too, me too?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Now did that kind of hit you left field when he started doing music like that, the way that he's recording his music.
Speaker 7: Nah, I mean it didn't really hit me left field because at first it sucked right at the beginning. It was because he wasn't talking about them. But like you know what I'm saying, going to the mall and buying stuff. I said, Man, you think you get beat up because don't nobody want to hear no rich kid talk about all the stuff that they can't do. I said, you gotta find ways to relate, you know, find the things, Find the things that matter to you that would matter to other people, regardless of where they live, how much money they got and this stuff like the common you gotta you gotta find common ground.
Speaker 6: And uh, he accepted the challenge.
Speaker 7: And when he came back and you know, he was kind of you know, talking about being rich on the weekends and move and going back.
Speaker 2: To the part mans live with their mama. You know. See.
Speaker 7: I was like that kind of stuff, that's that's what you need to talk about. And he just kind of you, I guess, you know, through trial and error and and uh, taking the lessons that every for every every project that he dropped, cause he got like eight projects.
Speaker 2: And he owned them all. You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Salute to that guy.
Speaker 7: He has a catalog, you know what I'm saying, And so throughout their catalog he just picked up lessons along the way and he applied to to to the music he's doing there.
Speaker 4: Could we get a joint project with y'all to oh no, they don't.
Speaker 2: Want to do no project with me. He just know that at he know that we be feeling like he we in hit shadow, and we be we just be keeping that in mind. Sometimes he forget about that. He don't look at it like that because you're the parent, You're looking like you're looking like these are my kids, and this is what I'm supposed to do. I'm supposed to make life easier. We looking at it like pops. We trying to stand on our own trust, stand.
Speaker 6: On business, standing on business, standing on business.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: What's going down? This is the money? And I know you already watching, but I want to say right now, like comment and subscribe on The Baller Alert.
Speaker 4: Show, can we talk about when the Ink drys?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For sure, EP, it's a EP. Four songs?
Speaker 4: Why why only four songs?
Speaker 2: Only four songs? Because that's a good question, because they were trying to make it five and I was so.
Speaker 4: Who's they your team?
Speaker 2: Team?
Speaker 4: Because you're independent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, they was trying to make it five, and I was telling everybody, no, it gotta be for but for real?
Speaker 4: Why for?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just felt like.
Speaker 4: I felt like naturally funny, by the way.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I felt like five was.
Speaker 1: He's selling.
Speaker 2: I feel like I five wasn't a good number, but it really was, no thought for real? Just four songs, four songs that I teased on the on the internet with some uh visuals to it, and people said they wanted it, so just before the holidays get crazy, I just wanted to put it out now.
Speaker 1: You know, let's speak on being independent. What are some of the advantages that you've seen so far of being independent?
Speaker 2: Being independent? Advantages you could do what you want. Disadvantages is that you can do what you want, same thing.
Speaker 6: That's a good answer.
Speaker 2: I think it's a known it's a known play that every that every artist, uh that every artist sees so they they m hmm, every artist that that take enough time to sit back and that's comfortable enough to sit back and scope the scene. They see that. Before I get a major label, before I before I sign a deal, I want to have leverage so I could make a good deal or be able to negotiate. If I don't have leverage, I won't be able to negotiate a good deal. So I don't think people just sit and say I want to be independent and that's it. I don't want to see no deals.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I think people just want to have the leverage. That's how I feel. I want to be able to show something to say this is why I want this because this is it. You see this right here?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're building leverage.
Speaker 2: Right now for sure.
Speaker 4: Great answer.
Speaker 6: Do you have any labels that reached out to you in the past.
Speaker 2: Reached out like said some things, but like presented paperwork that's different. So a lot of labels and said some stuff. But like I said, man, I'm just just doing my own thing, building leverage, just having fun with it for real, figuring it out as I go.
Speaker 3: Now, who talked to you about the art of leveraging? Because I feel like a lot of artists don't talk about, you know, going in these labeled you know, meetings and having leverage.
Speaker 2: Experience experience and of course my father, but just being in meetings and hearing how conversations go that I would say that taught me a lot. But I think more people. I think more people got an outdated mind mindset, like thinking like if I get a label deal like I made it.
Speaker 4: Nah, it's not it really the beginning that Really, I do have a question for you. How is you and your father's relationship wonderful?
Speaker 2: That's like mine, that's my father, but that's like my best friend.
Speaker 6: For real, that's Doe.
Speaker 4: Now, the music only came from him, because I see you're you're very well around the artist. To me, did you mom do any music? Nah?
Speaker 5: Change it.
Speaker 2: She was joking talking about like she's gonna do a verse or something.
Speaker 4: But so no music bones in her body.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 4: So it's just it's just from pops.
Speaker 2: From pops, uh, my sisters, my cousins. No shot of God, oh yeah, shot of God because that's the home. Before before that he was in the Rich Kids of course. Yeah, the Orange Girl, my whole family really on that side. It's just my mom didn't do no music at all.
Speaker 4: So besides, I don't do music at all.
Speaker 2: Before he didn't do music.
Speaker 4: Now he's doing it now.
Speaker 2: He just started doing music maybe like four years ago.
Speaker 1: He got his own flow, like, he got his own.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he definitely, he definitely has about.
Speaker 1: The sixties or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's definitely out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the only two that don't is Major in Danger, right Major, and they don't do music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because as Air is killing it right now.
Speaker 6: She could sing, Yeah, she could sing sing for sure.
Speaker 4: Now. All right, so you and King got a song like like father father like son? Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 2: What is it about?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now Kings sounded like Gunner a little bit.
Speaker 2: I never heard no one say.
Speaker 6: He definitely has a similarly, you never thought about that. I never seen give he give me a little too.
Speaker 4: He gave me a little tune in that and that and did y'all record that together?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not together, but the same night. So I'm at the studio. I think I might have been playing cards downstairs, and then he came down said I got one for you, but I had to finish my card game was getting heated. But by the time I went up there, I think he left. So then I heard what he what he made, and then I just did mind right there.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know if you saw King went and he went viral on that show, because that's when h K. Dubb And and Pops's I was giving him a compliment about his teeth. I said, King, thank you, thank you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, I appreciate.
Speaker 6: What the tooth for the matter is. J Ain't got over toothbox. She was in there movie with queens and man.
Speaker 1: Now y'all going to far.
Speaker 6: Old old t D Boyd to change.
Speaker 4: That's all right?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 6: How is you and King's relationship same?
Speaker 2: Same man? That's smile a little big bro. Okay, stand on business always.
Speaker 4: When when things happened, do you do you call him? Because you're big bro? Do you call him and calm him down?
Speaker 2: I think he I think he called you. Something happens. I think he sits down and expects me to call you already know I'm Finn car.
Speaker 1: So we're just say to him this last time after the game, just.
Speaker 2: Relax, I said, this too shall pass, you know, so just just calm down.
Speaker 1: That's a real TI I answer.
Speaker 6: Shall pass now? Was that strategic to drop the song after the incident.
Speaker 2: I had nothing to do with that, right there. I had nothing to do with that. But I'm just glad it's it's it's out m because you know, a lot of music stayed in the hard drive and just on the flash drive or on a computer. So to see a moment like this actually get released, I love it.
Speaker 1: How did your dad feel about the song?
Speaker 2: He loved the song? He loved the song for sure.
Speaker 4: Does he tell you when he doesn't like a song?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't heard that lately, but yeah, for sure. When I like first started making music, it'd be like, yeah, just just keep going.
Speaker 6: He hit you with the joke keep going for Shell, keep going man.
Speaker 3: Now, y'all was really expressive in this in this uh, the song that y'all just dropped. Do you ever feel pressure about, you know, feeling like you have to portray yourself a certain way because of who your dad is.
Speaker 2: Pressure. I don't think it's more so pressure right now. Maybe it could have been at the beginning. But when you just sit back and really understand what's going on, understand the position that you're in, and accept the position that you're in, it's all easy for because you see the bigger picture. You see it from a different perspective.
Speaker 6: Not a way that y'all that y'all grew up.
Speaker 3: Do y'all feel like y'all grew up like from the hood based on you know, the living situations.
Speaker 2: That when we say, y'all, you want me to speak for everyone, No.
Speaker 6: You don't have to speak for everyone. I was just listening to the song and.
Speaker 3: It sounds like, you know, just just from hearing the song that you know, King feels a certain type of way of like, Okay, y'all think of us pertaining to you and him a certain way because of the TV show.
Speaker 6: But this was what really what's going on that you know that the public doesn't know.
Speaker 2: I think King. I think everything King is trying to say is just coming off. He's using the wrong words. I feel like, and I told him this. I feel like what he's trying to say is what was on TV is not exactly what actually happened. And I think he's only trying to say that because people try to treat him differently because they think that. I don't think he's just out here just saying it out the blue because of something. I think like we are living our own lives. He got his own thing going on. I don't know what be going on when he go outside or he was in school. We went to different schools. He went to school by himself actually, so yeah, that was another thing. So I just think he's using the wrong choice of words. I think he's just trying to say for the he went to school from his grandma house. He stayed at his grandma house.
Speaker 1: Like just to have a more realistic life versus just being some rich kid. I wanted to really experience life like everybody else, right.
Speaker 2: I think just us as in the black community, I feel like we just treat we treat kids differently when their parents are success for so I think right now we're just witnessing how a family deals with that, how a family deals with that backlash. You know, growing up in school, we all went to regular schools, public schools.
Speaker 5: We'll be right by, stay tuned with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show going down.
Speaker 2: This is the Money, And I know you already watching, but I want to say right now, like comment and subscribe on the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of people don't understand the fact that, you know, what King was saying is like, hey man, we didn't. That TV show is portraying us to make it look like we all like one big, happy family and we all live in this big house together. I mean, yeah, I'm saying like in a sense of like, you know, the public, like everybody thinks that watched y'all grow up on TVs that y'all all just lived in this one big house together.
Speaker 2: I did think that That's how I thought, definitely saying, nah, that's not the case that I think that is what he's trying to come across. Definitely trying to get that across, but it's I don't think people are gonna understand it for real, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because of the way that it was edited and shot. I thought you stayed there. I thought everyone.
Speaker 6: I thought everybody stayed there too.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie there, but I understand though I understand now looking back, I was like, Okay, but you know, as you're watching, this is a damn you.
Speaker 6: You was like you were a kid.
Speaker 4: I remember, and I feel like I've known you forever, but I've only met you like three times. You know what I'm saying, like for real, for real? So yeah, I was just saying, yeah, it's just the way that they produced it. But it definitely looked like y'all all stated in the house and everyone was all the way happy, which I think in all families that's never the case.
Speaker 1: Do you run into that problem the King has when people think that you come from this big life.
Speaker 2: I let people rock out, unless I feel like it's not healthy for them to think that. Help man, you know what I mean. But I let people rock out. It's like sometimes they'll be like, yeah, I've seen your mom, but I know they not talking about my real mom, talking about tiny I don't care to correct you. I know what you meant. You know what I'm saying, So I understand they talk about. Yeah, Man, if I see you you stay in the house, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: It's so pretty you just pretty much let people be dumb.
Speaker 2: People go with people go with what they're comfortable going with. Real, it's like, yeah, it's it's like because it's not like wrong, like I was there, So it's like Andy is your step mom, it's my stepmm. It's like I just don't see your mom, all right, I just don't care to Actually, I'm not feelings. It's like trying to change someone's religion and like in public though, walking and talking and trying to.
Speaker 3: Because it'll be it'll kind of be like you're embarrassing them because of something that they right trying to correct.
Speaker 2: I know what you man? Man, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: How was having Tiny as a step mom wonderful?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Yeah, wonderful. She was always singing you wake up in the morning here, just just harming these melodies from downstairs. She walking through the house just.
Speaker 1: Singing, and she seems super supportive.
Speaker 2: Yeah with everyone for sure, both all parents for real. But yeah, man, she's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going back, like when people think that you come from a certain background, you have people who try to lead you on to you and try to take advantage of you and and your your one of your projects, uh Amigdalve from Still Got Still Got Love? Yeah, when you were talking about someone stealing from you, was that a real experience?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes it was, for sure, that was I ain't eve never talked about that outside of the music. It's like people like it was like they want people though, but for sure you'll get you'll get some of that.
Speaker 1: Can you expound on that experience and how what it taught you? You know, was it did it heed you not to be so care free?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What happened with that?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I ain't really ever had the conversation with myself, so just be here just freestyling. What did I take from it? Just to just to roll with the punches a little bit better? I think roll with the punches were still cool, but it's just we not where we was for sure, just rolling with the punches, not not getting not getting your hopes up about a lot of stuff and about people.
Speaker 1: Did it help you choose your friends going forward more wiser or no new friends?
Speaker 2: With you or new friends. I'm I'm a cool person. I like learning from people, so I sit in, I'll sit and have a conversation with someone. And I'm a good I'm a good I got a good vibe detector, so I got I can feel people vibes. I know a lot of people say that, but I really do.
Speaker 1: Okay, but still got love for sure.
Speaker 2: And my brother Massiah, he actually produced that one.
Speaker 1: Does he produced some of your projects?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He produced that one. He produced Family Connect Me and Pops.
Speaker 1: What's it like working with your siblings in the studio.
Speaker 2: I think it's like working with another dope artist, but just with with already a built down level of respect.
Speaker 1: I say, that's that's I mean because sometimes, you know, you can argue and fight with your siblings and.
Speaker 2: Do it over.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do it, you know.
Speaker 2: Nah. I think we're good at letting each other do our own thing, and then we take turns doing our own thing, come back in and add stuff, take away stuff.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I think we're good at that.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we get we're so good at that, But we let each other rock out. We let each other rock out, and we come together and oversee it from a bigger perspective and we you know, we put something out.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: Let's hold you when you walked up, I'm before.
Speaker 1: The ink dry and is that available now?
Speaker 2: Yep? So it just came out.
Speaker 6: So it's just let's drop how you feel.
Speaker 2: Just more music, man, It's.
Speaker 4: Just more music.
Speaker 2: It's just more music. I love it. I love it. I love that everything that I do is just been an upward trajector more people just getting getting to hear the dope music for real. So I love it. I love the process. I'm loving the journey.
Speaker 6: Do you like the grind? Do you like being independent and really having a grind?
Speaker 2: For sure? For sure? I think that's not even like independent. I just I do like the grind.
Speaker 1: Though, Before you get out of here, what are those beads that.
Speaker 3: You have on?
Speaker 2: Are someone gave me these? Uh this tigers? The Brownes tigers. I don't know what these real ones are. But people be giving me like crystals and bracelets and necklaces, and I just accept them. Okay, so sometimes I be wearing them.
Speaker 4: Gave me this Thanksgiving for real?
Speaker 2: What I'm saying at home?
Speaker 6: Man, I got the ayst poss I have to say I got that too.
Speaker 2: I got I left my beads the planet. So that's what it's supposed to look like. You got all the chakras.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, well the money. We appreciate you for joining us right here on the Battle of the show before the drows is out. Now, I hope everybody goes and streams it. And do you have a tour coming up later for it or.
Speaker 2: Top of the year next year, we will be rolling out a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll be looking out man, and I hope you come back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta come back, man.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Of course, before we get out of here, though, we do have a pep talk with the money.
Speaker 2: What's going down? This is the money pep talk. Let me see. Uh, I ain't gonna say nothing crazy. Everything you heard before. You can do anything you put your mind to. I know everybody hate to hear that, but it's the real deal. Let me see. Don't let nobody just it's the regular stuff, man. Just look up common quotes and y'all be safe. Man. You can do anything you push your mind.
Speaker 6: Can't get enough of Baller Alert.
Speaker 5: Follow us on all social media platforms at baller Alert Blog on to baller alert dot com