Speaker 1: This is the almost famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Always Favorite Dogs. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 3: It's Bob getting Trista Sutter before we get started today. Trista, there is a lot going on in the West Coast right now. I have so many of my friends who I've been texting with who have lost their homes. I mean thousands and thousands and thousands of acres of property and things just are burning and the winds. You were there to impress when this whole thing started, and you were talking about the winds and the embers and the ash, and you mentioned getting on your plane to fly back home. What was that like for you? I mean, our hearts. Our hearts go out to everyone that is experiencing this in California and the greater Los Angeles area.
Speaker 2: So many of my friends I've been texting with people. But what was that like?
Speaker 3: I mean, you kind of got to see a bird's eye view from your plane. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was in LA for a very quick press trip for Special Forces and we did Denise Richards and I did an SMT where you just you know sit.
Speaker 1: For people who don't know what that.
Speaker 4: Is, it's a satellite media tour where you just sit in one place and you do a bunch of interviews, and they canceled a bunch of them because of the winds. So the winds in La that morning were really bad, and I know there were Malibu had had some issues with fires, I believe. I don't know if they were rampant everywhere else, but that day is really when a lot of it got out of control because of spreads. I think, oh my gosh, I mean, I'm hearing about you know, not cable boxes, electrical boxes that are like exploding, and I don't know if they're the cause of this. But I was in my hotel. I was staying at the Sunset Marquee Hotel, and you all of a sudden, I was like, it smells like the hotel is on fire something. There's a fire somewhere. Look out on the balcony and the sky like you see all the pictures, it looked like that. It smelled so horrible, it was awful, and there was ash floating in the air. And then and then I'm driving to the airport and I tried to get pictures, but it was like, you know, on the highway, like blocked by you know whatever.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: It was so scary.
Speaker 4: I am so thankful that I was able to get home, and I just wish I could have brought thousands of people with me. You know, it is it is horrifying. I think every all of us know somebody who has lost a home or is in danger of losing a home, who had to evacuate.
Speaker 1: I am just my.
Speaker 4: Heart is really heavy for everybody out much way. And I have to say, you know, I'm at my premiere watch party last night while all this is going on, and we brought it up, and like we have a text with all of the recruits from the show, and we were all dealing with like do we share do we like talk about the premiere because people, you know, want to know about the premiere, but it seems very tone deaf to just yeah, not address the fires. So when I got home from the watch party, I was I had been excited because I'm like, you know, in it and watching the show with my friends and family, and and.
Speaker 1: I wanted to come home and like share about it.
Speaker 4: And then I got caught up in I got on Instagram and I was like I can't think of anything else, Like I'm just I just anyway, so we are we are thinking of everyone in LA. I've been saying my prayers. I hope everyone else out there is saying prayers. I believe in the power of prayer, and I really hope that the winds will die down so that at least they can get some containment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a bad it's a very bad scene and it's terrible. My friend, one of my really good friends, Cameron Matheson, posted a.
Speaker 2: Video of his embers of his home.
Speaker 3: His home was absolutely beautiful and it is completely gone, I mean completely gone. And I'm sure he wasn't even supposed to be up there, you know, film, but he had to check on his house at some cars that he had restored and some different things of that nature. Just I'm sure all lost. I haven't been able to get ahold of him, but I do know he's fine.
Speaker 2: And it's brutal.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's such a you know, it's such and I and I was just there too.
Speaker 2: I mean I was just.
Speaker 3: There right before you were for your premiere. I was there for ten days. And you know, it's hard. You see everybody you love and everybody you know and you've known for years, and you know, and then you come home and you're like, oh my gosh, I hope they're okay. So yeah, our hearts and our prayers and you know, all of our our good our good will is going to our friends and cal who are going through this, and we hope you guys stay safe. So and I mean, at the end of the day, this is something that, man, I get it. It seems trivial what we're you know, what we're talking about here now after everything everyone's going through. But you know, who knows, maybe maybe people can find some comfort in it too, right, talk about something else besides what they're going through.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know, but God bless them, and uh, we're thinking about you guys.
Speaker 3: So onto our topic of the day, which is the almost famous OG Special Forces premiere episode starring Just to Suffer. Yeah, OG Bachelor And hey, I got to tell you something. You know, we've been talking about this for a little bit. I was emotional watching that show last night.
Speaker 2: I mean I really was. I was, I really was.
Speaker 3: I was. I was listening to everyone's stories and you know what's prompted you guys to do this?
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god, this is intense, you know, Like I.
Speaker 3: Was really into it because I know you and I love you, and I was like sitting there going trist to just challenge herself to do this stuff so outside your comfort zone. We had Denise richards On. I love Denise and you know, and and she was going through it. We had Stephen on as well, Stephen Baldwin, you know, and for him to be, you know, the first one to go home and h and almost by choice of his own but kind of not. It was it was interesting, you know, there was just a lot that happened last night.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean even from the jump of the show.
Speaker 3: You know those guys are those your your your DS team, the drill Sergeant team.
Speaker 2: They are tough customers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got to correct you.
Speaker 2: What is right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: But I think drill sergeant is like what you go to what you think it's supposed to be, and it's actually directing staff.
Speaker 2: Directing staff.
Speaker 3: That's probably because they're yeah, because they're not acting in a military capacity. Okay, I get it. So the directing staff, because that's why you say yes staph instead of yes, yes, yes chef, which.
Speaker 2: Is what I say.
Speaker 3: I say yes chef around the house all the time. Whenever Jessica tells me to do something, so chopped these onions, Yes, chef. But in watching it, I was like, those dudes are serious dudes, Like they've all been through it, you can tell.
Speaker 2: And they're all like built like brickshit houses.
Speaker 3: And then you guys are kind of chill, kind of not and you know, nervous, you can tell. But you're all like just conversating on that boat, seemingly all good, and next thing you know, you're getting like two hands shivered, which is a football term for people, but like basically a super hard chest or shoulder push off that boat. It seemed incredibly aggressive to me, Like I was like, whoa in the middle of like a sentence, So tell me about you you know, oh you know you get And I was just in watching it, I'm like, what the hell, Like it.
Speaker 2: Caught me off guard.
Speaker 1: Oh, believe me, it caught me off guard. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And they didn't even show my part, Like they showed nothing of what really nothing, I mean a little teeny snip of like me being pushed into the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was crazy.
Speaker 4: Not much, no, not much, which is fine whatever. That was crazy because yes, we're all like having a great time and connecting or reconnecting or whatever and saying hi and introducing ourselves. And then they start throwing these these things in the water, and I was like, what are they putting in the water, Like what's happening? Like just kind of noticing it, and people are like, oh, I don't know. And then all of a sudden, you see out in the distance this black, badass boat and you're like, well, there they are.
Speaker 1: They're coming for us.
Speaker 4: And right after we saw the boat, the things that they put in the water started exploding. And so it's like it's like there are bombs going off all around you, and all of a sudden you're like fight or flight is like rack, you know, like oh my.
Speaker 1: God, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Well then they throw those like smokernades on your boat.
Speaker 4: Right, oh yeah that too, that too, So there's like there's explosions going off. They're you know, you're safe, you're not going to be impaled, yeah, but the sounds are crazy. And so they get to our boat and start screaming just from from the jump, like you said, get down, get down, and so all of us are just hit the floor, right, And then they come around and they put and not gently it's not like they're like, okay, watch that here, you know, like shove this thing on your head, push you down, and they're yelling at us, and then they start taking us one by one and you really couldn't tell what was going on because they if you were not close to where they were pushing people off the boat, then you couldn't hear anything or may So finally my time comes and they, you know, yank the hood off.
Speaker 2: Well before you even say this, what's going through your head while you have a hood on your head and the ball? I don't know what i'd be doing. I think i'd be a stress case.
Speaker 4: I think I was focusing on my breathing because that helps calm me down. I was also trying to listen to what was happening, and literally, like you you're you're like huddled up. You you don't have the opportunities, you can't see anything. So I just kind of kept my eyes closed and and just focused on my breathing. That's it, no real big secret, But yes I was freaking out. But you know what you signed up for, so you know it's gonna essentially start something.
Speaker 1: Like that, you know.
Speaker 4: So I get to Billy and He's like, what's your name? And I'm like trist to Setter. But I I guess when I get stressed out, I talk very wyatly.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I was just kind of like I think I was probably like trist Decetter, you know, and was like, what.
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 3: Know?
Speaker 4: Like, speak up, I can't hear you. Why why do you sound like a mouse or something like that.
Speaker 1: Like he's like and so, and I'm just kind of like, oh god, yeah, uh huh, why am I here?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm here because I want to make my kids proud and be a role model. And you know, da da da.
Speaker 4: And then he goes, so, do you know where you are? And I go I think I'm in Wales And he goes and like pushes me off, like I'm so frustrated with you.
Speaker 1: I'm done.
Speaker 3: And so you hit the water, which we know from your experience you've told me you're not.
Speaker 2: You don't feel like you're a strong swimmer, you don't love the water.
Speaker 4: I actually feel like I'm an okay swimmer. I haven't like I haven't been on a swim team or anything like that for a long time. But I was a lifeguard. I was I grew up as a swimmer. I just haven't done it in a long time. So I feel like swimming, I'm good at I'm just fearful of open water.
Speaker 2: Open water. Sorry, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, it's totally fine. It's easy to get them confused because hello, water and water. But I feel like I'm an okay swimmer. I'm just scared of open water. But I will tell you, And I don't know if I said this in the other podcast, that fear was massive for me before I got to the show. And then I get to the show and you are in fight or flight mode. You're like, Okay, what do I need to do to get to the next part? Right, And so I was not thinking about my fear at all, which was a great thing.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: We were in Mexico after this, we went on family vacation and you know, I got in the water. But it is so different when you feel like it's life threatening in a way, right, you know, you just kind of cast your fears aside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I get it. I mean it's well, I mean, is that kind of part of it too?
Speaker 3: You know, I got I think one of the things Denise Richard said on the show, which I thought she said very like with a lot of vulnerability too.
Speaker 2: You know. She was like, I've been known to freeze in circumstances that are are high stress.
Speaker 3: And she's you know, some very personal things and and she was like, you know, I want to I want to be better.
Speaker 2: I want to learn that, you know. And and I was.
Speaker 3: I was impressed by her fortitude for the most part too. I mean, obviously you know again spoilerer. She she was the second one to leave the show. But that's notorious that that whole thing is that Toya says, like the gauntlet, even for the Seals going through that swim training, which is basically, for lack of better words, you're.
Speaker 2: Drowning or water being waterboarded.
Speaker 4: That had to be so hard, so hard, so hard, and and you have to swim a really long distance. It doesn't look like it in the show, but it was, I want to say, like a half a mile.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: And mind you, you were in wet clothes and boots or whatever kind of shoes you have. On this funny story, Cam Newton shows up and listen, we don't know what we're going to be doing exactly right, But because The first episode was in the desert, the second episode was like snow winter. The third I figured it would be something different, so I figured it would be water.
Speaker 1: And I had on.
Speaker 4: These like like kind of like wicking pants that I found at ari I, you know, and this like jacket that I thought would be lightweight and wouldn't be bad for the water cam. Newton shows up in a wolf sweater.
Speaker 2: With a vest.
Speaker 4: One of his huge hats, which and then the best part of this outfit though, is and mind you, he had not watched the show, so he didn't have the like smoothing going on where I kind of put two and two together. But he had a diamond ankle bracelet, like this thick on his ankle.
Speaker 2: Did it fall off in the water and wheels?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I want to ask him. We have to get him on the pod so just so I can ask him that question.
Speaker 1: But yes, like it was.
Speaker 4: It was terrifying, but also at the same time, you're kind of just like, gotta go, gotta.
Speaker 1: Get her done.
Speaker 4: I did get to the beach and Carrie Hart was like right behind me, and I will say, before we got on the boat, we were all in separate vehicles, so the boat was where we really were able to introduce ourselves to each other and say hi. And but before we got on the boat, I was in a car right next to Carrie Hart. Could not remember that it was Carrie Hart at the time, Like I kept staring at him. I told him afterwards, I'm like, I'm really sorry I was staring at you. I was like, how do.
Speaker 1: I know that guy?
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I could not be of it.
Speaker 4: And I have to say, he is so incredibly nice and so supportive to everybody, but he is freaking intimidating because he's like all tatted up, you know, he looks like a badass, and he is a badass.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, He's like a big X game guy, right, like a big.
Speaker 4: Motocross motocross like he has broken more than eighty bones.
Speaker 2: I heard him say that the show. My mind blew. I was like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, the stories that we've heard about the broken the worst breaks that he's had are crazy. But he I was very intimidated with, you know, meeting him, because I know I knew him from motocross days, like X Games whatever back in the day. And of course I'm a huge fan of Pink and and he just like looks like a badass, which he is. He's just a very kind, kind badass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he was the most intimidating you think, I mean, for you, was he the most intimidating?
Speaker 4: I mean I feel like yes. But also you would think Cam Newton because he's so freaking tall, right, and not even like he I think he's six ' five in you know, that's how tall he is, but his hair takes him like another two feet up right.
Speaker 3: Well, and he's just super broad too, Like he's a broad guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's massive. So you would think that he would be intimidating just because of his size. I mean, I'm five to two, you know, and he could fit me in his little pocket.
Speaker 1: But but.
Speaker 4: It's it wasn't shocking to me because you just never know he's intimidating because of his size.
Speaker 1: But he's not intimidating because of his personality.
Speaker 4: Super nice guy, so fun loving andy and goofy.
Speaker 2: Almost to his detriment.
Speaker 3: It seems he and Golden both you know, fromlast night's episode and watching it, you know that kind of they're there kind of playful banter was sort of pissing off the the DS is a little bit, it seemed, you know, And so I almost feel like it's like they put a bulls eye on themselves in one regard, because there's such a physical prowess, right, they have such a physical stature that they're like, Okay, we're going to break that dude down, prove a point, right, and then yeah, you know, I just felt like, oh god, you guys, like when Golden was doing the repelling off the bridge and he's and the guy, I'm just like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: And I was We all were saying that, Oh my god, we all were.
Speaker 4: Like what is he doing? And they were getting so pissed. And I will say, yes, they were getting pissed. They want to teach us that if this is an actual like situation when you're where you were, coming into enemy territory, then you have to be freaking mindful. You can't be like making jokes and like they were saying, show voting or whatever. Yeah, But but I think that they also saw that as a way because I think throughout the show what the producers probably are telling them, based on just the fact that I've been in reality television for a while now, I think the producers are saying, if there's an an inn to be able to punish them, here's what you could use as a punishment. And so when they were like misbehaving if you will, or just being you know, goofy, they were like, oh, okay, we're gonna put you guys on a platform for show moving and punish everybody. And yeah, so I think they use that as an opportunity to punish us.
Speaker 1: And oh I felt bad. So you could kind of see that.
Speaker 4: I was in the car with in the vehicle with Denise, Cam and Cam and Golden after the bridge, and that's when they punished us. And what you don't see and and mind you, if you do see it, just tell me because at my watch party, I it was obviously watching, but I was also talking with people and the volume wasn't like what I would have it at at home, you know. So so what they did is they took our backpacks and our rucks and they threw them like down this cliff into like this little ravine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they were wet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you you have a waterproof bag within your your ruck, okay, so you're supposed to keep your extra your dry clothes and socks and inside this waterproof bag, okay, and some people like it was the first day, so we're not you know, we're not used to having to pack our backpacks. So I think that Golden felt really bad because he thought that people's stuff was going to get wet.
Speaker 1: Well, the hard part for.
Speaker 4: Him was and you saw me kind of consoling him in the vehicle, like saying, you know, whatever you've you've been amazing to me.
Speaker 1: We're all going to get through this together.
Speaker 4: So what was hard was they threw the backpacks and then they were like, go get your backpacks. But Golden and and Cam had to wait on the on the top of the cliff and watch all of us and we were run like they were making us run, and both of them were so like helpful to people like me and Denise and and Kyla who are small, like the needed help with their backpacks that they it was even worse punishment because not only did they throw our packs in the in the water, but they made them watch us like go through it and have to get through it, like and find our back our backpacks and put them on and like very quickly, and we're all being yelled at. We're running down like Mossy very slippery rocks. At one point, I know that Kayla was like, someone said this is really dangerous, like we're running on slippery rocks, and Kayla was like don't, like just don't do it, like go slow, who cares. She's like walk if you need to, just whatever. So I think that that was really hard for them because they are like helpers, you know, yeah, and they wanted to help, but they were being made to just watch us endure kind of this this punishment in a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I watched Golden lean down to you at one point and he was like, you know, we're staying in this together. You know, we're not going to quit. Look me in the eye. Like it was a really sweet moment. But then I was gonna say the other thing.
Speaker 2: I saw what.
Speaker 3: Happened there with with Cam Newton when he came down from doing his thing, and it was almost like I could he goes, I was going to shake his hand with Golden, but it's almost like he knocked the wind out of Golden. What was that because that seemed to be what triggered the whole rucksack to thee thrown in the ravine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: During the bungee or the jump, Golden did something to his rib they think. I think it was like a hairline some some fracture. Like he didn't break his ribs, we don't think, but he injured himself during the jump. Like the harnesses were just you know, it's it's hard, you can get injured, and I think he was injured. And then Cam came up to him and he kind of like like hit him, like you know, if you're being playful with someone and you're like listen, you know whatever. He kind of hit him right in his ribs where he had just gotten hurt. And so Golden was like, oh, like, he just freaking killed me. And meanwhile Cam is like laughing about I don't even remember what he was laughing about, but yeah, he hit him exactly where his injury was. And I think because of that, and because Cam was just being a little louder and like, you know more, he was laughing about something. I can't remember what he was laughing about, but that's what happened with Golden is yeah, he accidentally, you know, hit him where I think he was injured.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's horrible. Yeah, I mean, yeah, that was brutal. You guys going down that hill and it's like, you know, and then I started thinking about it too. I was like, you know, this is because Cam and Golden, you know, we're messing around, and it's like I wondered if they would do that to them. It's funny they didn't show that they made them watch you guys do it, because that would have made Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, you know.
Speaker 4: And I do have to say, like I was watching, so Golden did a bunch of behind the scenes on his Instagram stories yesterday and what I want And I've said this, I feel like in Denise and Stevens interview and Nathan, but they don't I know.
Speaker 1: I've said this.
Speaker 4: In between when you are in the vehicles and starting the task, you have to run, so you run everywhere, and he said he said he thought that. I think we had to run for like thirty minutes or something, or like three miles or something like that from the vehicle to like the dock where the helicopter was, and it was chilly and like if you got in the water first, you're standing there for hours so or I mean, if you got in the helicopter then you didn't get wet, but if you jumped or whatever, or.
Speaker 1: If you ended up in the water, then you got wet obviously.
Speaker 4: So what they don't show is all the hard stuff in between. And when we got to the bridge, you had an and mind you, you get out of these vehicles and they're like, go, go go. They're rushing you out of the vehicles. So it's not like you're like leisurely, like you know, adjusting your sweatshirt and you know whatever, getting out of the car. You are going with like a sense of massive urgency, right, And so you're getting out, we're running, and we're running on this terrain that is all logs and rocks and whatever and straight up hill. So that was when Cam took my backpack. He took my ruck and like carried it for me so I could just focus on running, because it truly is I think you asked this, but I think it's thirty five pounds when you converted from kilograms. So we had to measure in kilograms and we were at accommodations and they said if your pack is not like when it's all packed up, if it doesn't measure the thirty five pound mark or whatever, then you had to add sand to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Of your back ear.
Speaker 4: Oh, my gosh to make it that heavy and they were going to weigh them and if they weren't exact, you were going to be punished. So I had a thirty five forty pound ruck on my back all the time unless someone like my angel Golden carried it for me.
Speaker 2: So I saw the one picture he had one in front and one and back.
Speaker 1: That was mine. Yeah, I think that was mine. Yeah, that was incredible.
Speaker 2: You know you mentioned the helicopter thing.
Speaker 3: I can't help it, ask so to me, and it might just be because you're you know, everyone's stature is different, right, like Cam Newton, you know his his wingspan is so much longer than yours. But to me, it seemed like that helicopter and how could it be. I mean, no one's you know, it's not like it's like exact sign answer, but seemed like sometimes further away for some people than others, and they're like no, and those people have to go when they're told to go, and it's like, well what if it's not where it needs to be? Like I mean, you know, it was crazy. I just did you did you guys pick up on that from the shore or you not even even think about it?
Speaker 4: So It's interesting because some of the people I was watching with last last night, they were like, the helicopter was really close. For some people, they were like Stephen Baldwin like just went like.
Speaker 2: This, yeah, he literally just jumped out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then obviously you see Cam jumping and he's huge, so you know, like so I felt like what happened with me because they didn't show my jump, and gosh it was it was crazy just to say that I tried to jump from a moving boat to a helicopter as nuts.
Speaker 1: But when you're in it, you're in it.
Speaker 4: Like I said, So you get on the boat and they're like, they give you gloves and you are told the helicopter will come down. We will tell you when you can go. It's up to you to decide whether you want to go or you want to wait for the helicopter to get closer or whatever. And then if you don't go within a certain period of time, we are pushing you in if you haven't jumped.
Speaker 1: And so all I'm.
Speaker 4: Thinking is like, crap, I do not want to get pushed in because they're not gonna, like gently again push you in gently. They're gonna push you from a moving boat into the water if you don't jump. So the helicopter when it came down to me, and you're right, it's a helicopter. Like, people were like, that doesn't seem fair. I'm like, well, you know, it is a helicopter, and the helicopter pilot is doing his best so to get close enough, right, But it was definitely different for everybody, and for me it was.
Speaker 1: Just too far away.
Speaker 4: You Actually, they showed me in the trailer trying to jump, and Ryan saw it and he was like, you didn't make it. I'm like, yeah, excited you, But I was like, yeah, it was too far and I was so scared that they were going to push me in that I just didn't wait for the helicopter to get any closer. But I will say, like, who knows what's better. I mean, getting onto the helicopter obviously would have been better. It would be really hard because you have to have really big core strength to pull up your legs. That's what happened to me. She just, you know, couldn't do it. But once you try, so imagine you're like trying to jump for the helicopter and then you don't make it and you go slamming into the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that boat was going like about thirty miles an hour, probably.
Speaker 4: Right, really not missed, I don't know, probably faster than that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so you get hold lammed.
Speaker 4: I slammed my face. I actually am shocked that I did not walk away with a massive, like bruise on my face after that day.
Speaker 3: Like I said at the top of the show, I got emotional watching this because that was twenty years so I know, this is totally out of your you know, wheelhouse, and and even though you're I know you're a good athlete, I know you're a dancer.
Speaker 2: You know, it's totally out.
Speaker 1: Of my wheelhouse. Don't give me any credit.
Speaker 2: It's out of everyone. It's not everyone. But I was watching it and I got it.
Speaker 3: I got a little emotional, like when I started hearing the backstories, you know, and why people were there and what they were going through, and you know, it made me And I know we'll probably.
Speaker 2: Get to that soon with you. As far as it.
Speaker 3: Goes from the standpoint of, you know, just just the show is, like I think we got through four people in the first episode where we got to hear some of their stories, like Jordan van Dennis and Steven and and.
Speaker 2: Then at the tail end of the show, Ali and.
Speaker 3: But it was like I was watching it, it was so much intensity, and all I could think about was when we met, you know, twenty some years ago, and the physicality of the Bachelorette was nothing like this show. But the mental oh my god, you had which one was worse for you? The mental strain of having to send me home?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really, do you really have to ask this question? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, you don't get sleep on Bachelor Bachelorette, at least if you're a lead.
Speaker 2: So that's part similar.
Speaker 4: That part is very similar, but otherwise all of it is way harder on special voices like it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Oh heck yeah, even with having children and whatever, it is the hardest thing mentally emotionally. You saw me in this episode bawling my eyes out, crying like, no, I don't want to go home, but he's like, you need to go home, you don't belong here or whatever. And I can't talk a lot about because I don't know what they're going to pull from that day for the next episode, you know, so I really can't talk about I can talk next week when we recap about what really went down on the beach, because I feel like they might still show some of that.
Speaker 3: Well, even in Ali's thing, you know, they're telling Alie you're going home or whatever at the end of the episode, and then if you watch the outtakes, they're showing you guys back in that surf with the chain locked arms right doing the backwards but with a log on your on your chest.
Speaker 2: It's like, what, it's just hidding absolute madness.
Speaker 4: Oh and they didn't show half of what we did on the beach. I mean, here, here's the deal for anyone who watches reality. You know by now that there's so many hours of footage. I mean there's ten days of footage right for the show, and and you throw in time sixteen, so there's sixteen people, and they're trying to get the story for everybody, right, So there's so many hours.
Speaker 1: Of footage, and they can't show everything.
Speaker 4: I wish they could because I really kind of just want to see it played back. But you don't see half. I mean the beasting where we were treading water in the pool. I was just talking to Ali this morning and we were like, you cannot tell that that that was grueling and people were legitimately having panic attacks. There were times when I said, they're drowned, they're drowning, they're going down.
Speaker 1: Like get them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's actually like I said about swimming, I felt really strong in the beasting, Like I I literally went to the side.
Speaker 1: Be high. Thank you. The beasting is the workout thing. Yes, you're right.
Speaker 4: So so I went to the side maybe five seconds before they quit the whole thing and made all of us go to the side. But what you don't see in that is we were treading water for I don't know, fifteen minutes. He was splashing us in the face, like in the face constantly because they wanted to mimic like the waves when you're.
Speaker 1: Out there in open water.
Speaker 4: And then afterwards and you didn't see the like the full on panic attacks, and you didn't see afterwards they had us doing push ups and sit ups. You would lock your your legs onto the edge of the pool, and then they had you doing sit ups like putting yourself in the water.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. You know what else they didn't show.
Speaker 3: They also didn't show Denise hanging on to Nathan and almost drowning him because remember she told.
Speaker 1: Us that that.
Speaker 4: I mean in the beginning Golden Golden had a hard time with the water, and so did Cam and Cam jumps. I was right next to Cam when we jumped in, and immediately I was like, I gotta get away from him, even though I want to help him, I got to get away from him because he is just going to pull me down, like easily pull me down.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know at that time.
Speaker 4: When you jump in, you don't know at the time that there are scuba divers under the water that are to like if someone did stay under for a while, they would have they would have rescued them.
Speaker 1: But you don't know that when you get in, so.
Speaker 3: You're like, well, sixteen people, you're not going to see anything down there.
Speaker 4: You know, no, And it was it was dark. What they don't show like they have lights on, but it was it was really dark. The pool was probably painted black on the bottom, so it was really dark. You could not see anything that that.
Speaker 3: Was like when you know, and I wasn't. I had no idea who I thought was gonna be the first one to go home. But when when Stephen went to the side and he just you know, he wasn't even responding when they were like, let's go, and he's just like sitting there, mouth was wide open, which I will say I did notice a few times throughout the show he seemed to be having a difficult time breathing, so you know, there's yeah, okay, yeah, and he was just sitting there and he's like not responding to them getting back in the pool. That was the first time I'm like, I think Steven's gonna be the first one to go home. You know, I kind of thought, you know that that she that he might be the first one to go home. But then you start realizing, like when Jordan, the gymnast that was called in for her, you know, her her dress down or whatever they call that.
Speaker 2: When they're you know, when they're in there the mirror room, the mirror room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and she even said she's like, I didn't know I was scared of water, And then until she started panicking and she literally had a panic attack on the beach, like you could tell it was definitely for real.
Speaker 1: And I was hooked up to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my gosh, I mean, what did you discover that you had any new fears?
Speaker 2: Or any new things.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know you went into it with a pretty good assessment of yourself. You didn't like heights, you didn't feel comfortable swimming in open water, anything else come along?
Speaker 2: Because you seemed to tackle both of those pretty well.
Speaker 1: Those were fine.
Speaker 4: And the bungee like thing, I've always been scared of bungies, but this was like a sitting bungee. It wasn't really a you know, a typical like bungee jumpy. I didn't discover more fears. I mean, I'm fearful of a lot of things. I think also pain, you know, and and that came up. But no, Jordan, it was like a completely new thing for her. She had no idea that she was so scared. And she I don't know if you've ever had a panic attack, but they are on the ground, like solid ground. They're really freaking scary. I've had one. My nose went numb, like tingle. It was really awful, couldn't breathe. She my heart was just hurting for her. And then I was linked to her when we were linked up on the beach, and it was hard for me because I was like, I need to focus on like getting through this but I also want to like help her through it. And I'm like it's okay, it's okay, you're gonna get through it. Like you know, they don't show this part, but I'm like, you can do this, you can do this, Like I'm trying to encourage her, and she's probably like, no, I can't, No, I can't, I can't do it. I'm drowning, you know whatever. So oh, that was really really tough. And when people develop or discover new fears, yeah, it's really really scary.
Speaker 1: But thank god I didn't. I didn't go through anything. Yeah, I didn't go through anything.
Speaker 3: Well, water, I think can be big one too for people, you know what I mean, Like it's it's just it's a lot and water can do. You know. I'll never forget scuba diving with Canyon or not even Scooba. We were snorkeling on one of the first trips we ever took together and and she started having like a panic attack, and I just picked up. I was like, I was like way far away because I just live in the water my whole life, and I saw it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And I swam over to her and I was just like you know you're okay, you know, it's one of those things.
Speaker 1: When you see someone within the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because you're so fearful and now if you're shut down, it's just gonna get worse, you know.
Speaker 2: Another one for you.
Speaker 3: So Ali Fedotowski obviously Bacher Nation, you know, favorite, she was in there with you, and she was like the I think the number two person to go or one of the what one of the first to attempt the second task you guys had to do, which was the bridge?
Speaker 1: The bridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I will say that I don't they didn't do things in order. Oh okay, Like what you're seeing is not necessarily how things were done.
Speaker 2: Well you can tell.
Speaker 3: You can tell that too, because at the end of the at the end of the first episode, when they're telling Ali like her broken finger, which happened in this task, they're like, yeah, you're gonna have to go home.
Speaker 2: But then they're showing footage.
Speaker 3: Of her doing the setups with a log on her and you're like, wait, we haven't seen that yet, you know what I mean? So, yeah, somebody the continuity was a little bit you know, to be desired on that one. But at the end of that when she when her finger was all like caught up in the repelling gear and stuff. Was she saying was she saying like she wanted to go home at that point or was she saying she didn't want to go home? Because because I couldn't tell what she was saying at that point, and I was like, if you know, and I knew she had trained hard.
Speaker 4: For this, she definitely did not want to go home. Yeah, no, not at any point. She was talking to us about like the recruits, about how her finger was hurting. But obviously they're listening to everything, right, so right, so, and you don't have microphones on, they just have it boomed.
Speaker 2: I thought that's what that. I thought, that's what that wrap was around everyone's name.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, did we have microphones? Oh my gosh, I literally can't can't remember. Yes we did, we did, thank you. You're right. Yeah, so we did have microphones.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I'm like, of course we had to have microphones anyway. We She was telling us about the finger and complaining about it because it was it was bothering her. Yeah, and I will say continuity wise, she did still do the beach the beach thing.
Speaker 1: After that, it just she just pushed.
Speaker 4: Through like the fact that it was it was hurting, but she definitely did not want to leave. All of us were encouraging her, like you can get through it, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she looked like, oh, like she was carved out of stone, like I mean, I've known Ali for years. No, you could tell she had been training hard. I mean like she took this very seriously and she was ripped, you know, ripped.
Speaker 4: She worked out three times a day like she was ripped, and she was very goal oriented. She wanted to make it to the end, which is why I called her today.
Speaker 1: We talked.
Speaker 4: She actually reached out to me too, but uh, I feel horrible for her, Like she really wanted to get and she worked so hard for it. So when you work so hard for it and you're taken out, like not voluntarily.
Speaker 3: Especially when you're still willing to go on, she was like, no, I'm not going, like we can't have you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the situation, you know, no, she was.
Speaker 4: She was really upset because her finger. She felt like she could continue the tasks, but they felt like, I mean, maybe I shouldn't talk about it. It's really her story to tell. But I think they always we.
Speaker 3: Can definitely, we can definitely talk to her when she's on right, we'll we'll have her. And but I'm wondering, you know, the way they ended that first episode, it almost feels like they're going to pick up on the second episode where they left off on the first to a certain degree, at least in my mind, they're going to because they're gonna have to give us some closure on what's going on with Ali and why they're like saying, you can't continue. One last person to talk about who was featured pretty heavily in the first episode. I thought was Kayla Nicole, who I you know, I knew vaguely who she was, and you know her story. Obviously she's talking about her ex boyfriend Travis Kelcey and his new girlfriend Taylor Swift and I and I did love And I thought it was really I thought it was a really kind gesture, knowing reality TV as we do, that they kept in there that she's like, you know, I'm actually a fan of hers, you know, like they they kept that statement in at her saying that because you know, I have heard that she kind of just gets attacked mercilessly on on online and stuff and it's really affected her, and you could tell, like I thought it was. I think that was part of it too, was you know, you you live your life in the public eye to a certain degree, you're going to get people who just want to hate on you for no reason. And we've all experienced it, and probably never to the degree that she's experienced that I would. I wouldn't guess, but you know her, it's like affected her so much. She doubts who she is, she doubts what she can do, and and so it was like, you're super important for her to push through on this, Like did you have a chance to really connect with her much and and to talk about that, because it seems like she was still going through a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, So in the vehicle, in the vehicles, you're randomly, you randomly get into vehicles, so you're not assigned a vehicle, and I ended up in one of the vehicles with her. I think that maybe the first we were like it was like maybe four hours or something like that. I don't know if the drive for us, we didn't have our phones or watches or anything, so you don't right know what time it is. I think we're given a watch, but I don't think I ever used it, So I said, I said, I think I said something stupid, like, so, what's your sport, thinking like she's an Olympic athlete or something, because she is.
Speaker 1: She's a badass, like she is.
Speaker 4: She is ripped, you know, And I thought, naturally she's some kind of athlete, right.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't know who she was. But I said, what's your sport? And she's like, I don't, I don't have a sport. She's like, I just I think she said I have a fit, I have a wellness company or something like that. Yeah, And and she does. She's an influencer, but clearly her claim to fame, if you will, is the fact that she's been kind of thrown in the fray of of this relationship. And I love that they showed her talking about how she's been bullied, like cycling is just not okay. And no matter who you are, you don't know what happened in their relationship. You don't know who she truly is unless you know her, and you don't, And I just it breaks my heart that she's been through that because she does it seems like she loves Taylor and she has a respect for their relationship, but she's just getting hate and it's stupid.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I never like seeing anyone get bullied.
Speaker 3: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: She's tough.
Speaker 4: I we had a moment on the sand where they asked us, so, like I said, you didn't see so much of the beach, but we did, like we.
Speaker 1: Had to move.
Speaker 4: We had to sprint across the sand at first, go grab these logs and sand bags and bring them down to the beach or too closer to the water. And so we are we're running, run and it is not easy to run in sand with.
Speaker 1: Boots on, like especially wet boots.
Speaker 4: Well I don't know at this point if we were wet, but but yes, wet boots. And so we're running. We're doing these logs and we bring we brought this log. We're lining them up like they needed to be like right next to each other. So I picked up this log and moved it and accidentally like kind of crushed her hand, and oh, I felt so horrible.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry, and she's like, you know, she kind of grunted, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, she hates me. Oh no, I'm making enemies. I don't want to make enemies.
Speaker 4: But I felt so bad because you're, you know, you're in this to stay healthy and you want to support everybody, and I accidentally like hurt her.
Speaker 1: So I'm just glad it wasn't like anything bad.
Speaker 3: But no, well, I mean, I know there's so much on the cutting room floor, you know, uh metaphorically on these shows, but it's like you watch it and you feel like I felt a connection to side.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest. I thought the show was shot beautifully.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like like all the all the scenic things they did, and then I really, you know, I think because everyone is so vulnerable, and you know these people from abroad, you know, from Afar rather and you start seeing these guys get into it with them, like especially in that mirror room, and it's like, oh my god, like they're even being nice, like the the ds is are being nice, and it's like it's they're still being tough, but they're being nice, you know.
Speaker 2: So I can't help myself.
Speaker 3: I watch a show like this, I immediately you know, and I know it's kind of like it's kind of like, in another way, a little parallel maybe to the Bachelor or Bacherette, but how we always say, you know, the person who's left at the end isn't the winner, right, like they're not trying to win. Yeah, there, you know, And I get it, this isn't necessarily a contest, but I still couldn't help myself by watching the show and thinking who I think is going to be there in the end and I and I gotta be honest, I I know, with the nature of this show, I'm going to be surprised. So I feel like, for you, like being someone who goes on this show, are you sitting there looking around going, oh, man, you know, Cam Newton's going to be the last guy stand in? Or are you like, you know, are you looking around thinking okay, like maybe maybe after you get to know you know, Caylen Nicole, You're like, man, she's got the fortitude, she's going to be here, you know. Is it one of those things that you start doing that yourself And because you actually know the outcome, you don't have to tell me who it was that you thought this about.
Speaker 2: Were you correct in your thoughts? That's what I'm gonna ask.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, of course, like you think, oh wow, like this guy is a crazy good athlete, like Brody was at the he was leader of the pack all the time. Carrie same Like those two guys, I immediately thought, oh my gosh, they are they are totally going to make it to the end. Cam and Golden come on. And then you've got Landon Donovan, who's professional soccer player, you know, like all these athletes, Like, how could you not think that anybody's gonna last? Like you, you think everyone's gonna last when you get there, just because you know their resume and yeah, and you see them in the tasks. So I definitely I can't share obviously what happens, but I can share that I there were some instances where I was confused whether it's someone made it longer than I thought they were or someone made it shorter. So who are you thinking is going to make it to the end?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, there's still a couple of people I don't know on the show, Like I haven't I haven't been introduced to him yet. When I'm watching, like all of you guys lined up, I'm still kind of like, who is that person?
Speaker 2: And I don't want to cheat, right, I don't want to cheat, so I want to like just kind of watch it unfold. I you know, I.
Speaker 3: Had the episode not ended the way that it ended, uh last night, I would have thought Ali was going to be around for a while, you know. And uh, because she just looked determined, right, And I thought, I thought you looked great in the first episode from the standpoint of like you're not willing to quit, You're like staying in there. And I know how important it is to you for your kids to see this, and and uh, you know that's awesome. God, I get emotional talk about it. See, I told you, I I think I think I'm putting myself in your shoes a little bit too. And you know it's got to be, you know, really incredible to be in that moment. But I would say just from sheer athletic ability, yeah, I would. I would think, you know, because Cam is just a freak of nature, how how athletic and how strong he is, I mean basically deadlifting him himself up on that swinging helicopter.
Speaker 2: Mine alone on that one.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: I know Golden, like I've played golf with Golden and I know how he played for the Detroit Lions for a while than the Seahawks when I lived in Seattle. I got to know him through a mutual friend, and I just I know how much of an incredible competitor he is. But you know, Landon, I wasn't even thinking about that. And Brody too, and Carrie. I mean, those guys are all, you know, super competitive, and Brody has the genetics to be probably you know, the one who could last the longest out there of all of them, right because of you know, just the genetic makeup. So I don't know, I'm like I would say I would pick you know, a couple of the athletes.
Speaker 2: I guess Marian Jones. We haven't eve talked about her.
Speaker 4: I haven't talked about Marion at all. And she was not featured either. There were so many people. I feel like now looking back, we like we were not included as much as some, which is fine. Whatever it is what it is. It's not why I did it.
Speaker 1: You know, to be featured for a certain amount of time.
Speaker 4: I just want, like I said, I'm just curious to see it and relive it.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, I think you might be having the next episode. I really do. I think you might find yourself being featured a little bit. More on that next episode, because it seems to me like, and maybe I'm just reading into it, but the people that haven't been featured as much right now to me are the ones that we're going to see more of in the next couple episodes, right because Yeah, I don't know. I just think that's kind of how it works. But I'm very Let me just ask you this so you don't have to give anything away. Were the people in your mind that you were thinking we're going to last the longest? Did they or are? Because you haven't disclosed who you thought they would be other than who you think I thought they would be, which you were right on the money with that, would you were you right or were.
Speaker 2: You surprised by the people that lasted longer?
Speaker 4: Oh, there's definitely some surprises. Yeah, for sure, there's surprises. And honestly, it kind of comes to you know, if someone gets injured and they didn't you know, all of us going into it.
Speaker 1: I want maybe with the exception.
Speaker 4: Of one had the motivation to make it to the end or HUW should I say that that really really wanted it? You know that we were there to get to the end. I think that was the general consensus is no, one. We didn't get there thinking, oh, this person is so going to leave like in an hour because they just don't want to be here. Everyone wanted to be here, be there, you know. So it's hard because a lot of it really is mind over matter, because like all of us have these fears. Kayla, you know, she had a massive fear of heights. Yeah, and doing that bungee. She did it and she rocked it. And by the way, I didn't even talk about that the bridge, like I wasn't featured. I get up there and I have this healthy fear of heights and you just have to step back and like whatever do it. And I was the second to last to go. So I was asking everyone after they came off, Okay, what's the trick, Like what do you do? Like, you know, all the tell me your tell me your thoughts. And I, I, you know, not jump off, but I stepped back and fell down that it catches me and I'm like, oh yeah, I kind of grunted, And people do that. It's like a natural response to like having the like the wind taken out of you, you know, like you're right.
Speaker 2: I heard you say my damn mouth, my mo.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly but I didn't get to explain it. So I grunted. And then what you had to do is you swam, you swang swung three times, so you swing, you swang, swung, swing three times.
Speaker 1: You had to count it.
Speaker 4: And then you had to drop this bag that was kirabeinard to your hip at right at the middle of the third.
Speaker 1: Drop like under the bridge.
Speaker 4: It had to be like right vertical with the middle of the bridge, and some people had trouble with that. I did that part perfectly, okay, So I get down, I repel quietly. Rudy was at the bottom and he was like, you did amazing. And they failed me because I grunted and everyone grunted. I mean Nathan went in in the beginning. I think he was first or second, and he grunted. But because it was like first or second, they kept saying over and over again, we are in enemy territory. You have to be silent. You cannot make a sound. And I think they passed him because it was in the beginning and people really didn't get the rules. I don't know, but they failed me for the same thing. So I was really bummed because I was like, ah, I felt good in that you know, I actually accomplished it and felt good. So you just never know, like you That's why I'm saying this, You just never know because even guessing like who's going to make it to the end, you really truly just never know. Even though we all had the desire to get to the end and could say that mind over matter get us to the end, you just never.
Speaker 2: Know unless it was editing.
Speaker 3: I think the only one that maybe didn't was Steven because Steven's like, if there's a way that I could not get hurt.
Speaker 2: Tell them that he's gone. Yeah, it's like you got to go home, bro, you know, he didn't want to get.
Speaker 4: Well and he's gone. Like he him and Denise are done. They're not bringing anyone back that right, including Ali, Like they're there, those three are are are their end?
Speaker 1: Has the Special Forces has come to an end?
Speaker 4: So yes, yes, anyway, yeah, I think you'll just have to wait and see.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I mean honestly, I'm like, oh, I was so into it, and Canyon came down to watch it with me because we were having a tough time getting the boys to fall asleep, and she's like, I really want to watch this, so we recorded it, but she was she wanted me to tell you that she thought you did a great job too. And you know, it's one of those things where you know you're just watching it going, oh, man, I hope you know.
Speaker 2: I was just I was just rooting for you.
Speaker 3: Man, I was really proud of you, and just it can't be an easy thing to do and you're so out of your comfort zone. I mean, it's just it's it's intense, so great job, and thank you for doing it, and thank you for giving us something awesome to talk about, I mean, and great to watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was my reason when everyone asked me my why, I'm like, so I have content for my podcast.
Speaker 1: What do you really needs.
Speaker 2: To ask some hard hitting questions. I'm gonna give them to them.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you we so much Trista for joining us on your own show and.
Speaker 2: Giving us such awesome content. But I can't wait.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do just so everyone knows, We're gonna do a weekly recap Special Forces on Fox almost famous og Recap.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it every week. We're gonna have people feature that are on the show. We might even have the Mean dudes. We will be stats.
Speaker 1: We're hoping the DS yes, So.
Speaker 3: It's make sure you tune in because this is gonna get good. And I'm just so excited to get to talk to everybody who's been on there and to.
Speaker 2: You know, kind of live through your experience. So thanks for doing this. This is something that I'm not sure if I'd ever have the courage to do it.
Speaker 3: I'd like to think I would, but watching you on there has made me, you know, kind of live the experience with you. So I'm loving it and I thought you did an awesome job. So hats off to you, my dear friend.
Speaker 2: Great work.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Please, everyone want you can watch the next episode of Special Forces on Wednesday, Nights eight seventh Central on Fox, and then if you don't get the chance to watch it on Fox, you can watch it the next day streaming on Hulu.
Speaker 3: And you know, just a touch base on how we started the show too. Our prayers go out to everybody in La uh in California that are going through these fires, and we're thinking about you guys, and I'm sure you're probably not listening to the podcast in real time because you got way bigger things to work on out there.
Speaker 2: But you know, when you do.
Speaker 3: Just know we didn't forget about you, and we love you guys, and we hope you all get through everything as as well as possible.
Speaker 1: So you know, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, well, we will keep you guys up to speed on everything that happens here with Almost Famous the ogs, and thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: I've been Bob Guinnea.
Speaker 1: And I have interested center.
Speaker 2: There you go. Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts