Speaker 1: Ooh, I think we need a little recap.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Brooke and Jeffrey and we do have a brand new Second Date episode for you coming up in just a second.
Speaker 1: But yesterday was the we called her the monster in law. Yeah appropriate? Yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Mother in law who was wanting her daughter in law to move in with her to what the day she came.
Speaker 1: Home from the hospital. Yeah wild.
Speaker 2: What were people saying in the comments, I'm sure just lovely glowing things about this mother in law.
Speaker 1: I mean, we got a comp but we got people someone who said, just texted my mother in law that I love her for not being anything like.
Speaker 2: This, and then someone else who said, I'm not married and don't have kids, and this was still triggering for me a lot saying Josh needs to man up and set boundaries with his mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Josh was nowhere to be found on that call. Yeah, that was very much, for sure, But I can see why he would be scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's truly. He probably tried to give him some credit. All Right, here we go. Let's get your brand new episode started right now. Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: It's time for your second date update. Its Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. And today we have a listener named Eugene who wrote into the show and I want to read his email because he said, quote, I'm usually pretty shy with the ladies, but not during my last meetup. Okay, he says, I was confident and brave all because I watched a Tony Robbins video to psych myself up.
Speaker 3: But now she's not calling me back.
Speaker 1: Tony Robbins is like the original self help guy.
Speaker 3: Right, let's ask you, Gene, Eugene.
Speaker 4: For all of our listeners who don't know Tony Robbins, who is he because he's not the creator of Red.
Speaker 5: Robin right, Yeah, No, Tony Robbins is this really inspirational, motivational speaker that helps everyone.
Speaker 6: Is he like a.
Speaker 1: Podcast guy or like a Ted Okay to.
Speaker 3: Stand up on a stage tell your life.
Speaker 1: I feel like he started at the same time as the Oxy Clean guy.
Speaker 4: You didn't mention how handsome he was either, Eugene. But yeah, he helps people get their lives on track.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that. And who was it? I'm sorry, what was the person you were going out with?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Who cares let's talk about Tony Robbins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fright day with Grace. But before that date, I watched this Tony Robinson video and he kept talking about how you know life isn't forever and what's the worst that could happen? Just go for it. Yeah, and I'm worried that I kind of took it to heart too much and just maybe overdid it.
Speaker 1: Oh too pumped? He went for too much?
Speaker 4: Yeah, why did you say that you went full Robins or half.
Speaker 1: Robins too much Robins?
Speaker 3: How Robins did you go?
Speaker 5: I don't know, And that's what maybe you can help me.
Speaker 6: To see if I actually did it might just be in my.
Speaker 5: Hat about the whole thing, and it could be fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we start at the beginning with Grace? Like, how did you even meet her?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I matched this girl named Grace and I.
Speaker 5: Thought she was really cute.
Speaker 6: Her profile said she was new and that she hadn't been on any years because of a really bad breakup. Okay, I'm not new, but I don't go out a lot just because I wanted to be the right person and get a good vibe.
Speaker 1: So what I mean, what were you planning on doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I wanted to make it a nice night for us, just get to know hehere not seeing too crazy. Yeah, an hour before the date, I watched this Tony Robbins video to just really get pumped.
Speaker 2: Up, okay, to take life by the horns message one.
Speaker 5: Right right, And it really did work. Like I felt empowered, like I felt pumped up. I was, I was ready. So she gets.
Speaker 6: There after me, and she, I mean, she looks.
Speaker 5: Amazing, she dressed up, and so I thought of Tony Robbins and I started to, you know, compliment her just right off the bat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the right way to start things off.
Speaker 3: Everyone likes to compliment.
Speaker 4: I mean it seems to start well. But you're saying you think this video backfired on you. Did that happened in the middle of the date towards the end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, kind of during the date. And it was a new restaurant. I had never been there before, and maybe I just shouldn't have talked quite as much to the waitress.
Speaker 1: To the waitress, what mean, what'd you say to the waitress?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Tony said I should talk to everyone, not just you know, in a dating situation, but in life, to you know, scope out the room.
Speaker 6: See what's up and just start.
Speaker 5: Talking to people. So I asked the waitress how her day was going to show Grace that I could be more outgoing.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's an innocent question.
Speaker 3: Why would that be bad?
Speaker 5: So I asked the waitress, you know, how her day was going, and she when she said she went to the beach, And I said, that's amazing. Did you wear like a one piece a swimsuit.
Speaker 6: With a cold?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Was that just your awkwardness coming out?
Speaker 2: Like you didn't know what the next best question for beach was normally like.
Speaker 3: A normal thing. I think that's what Tony Robbins would ask.
Speaker 1: What were you wearing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just like ask a question, ask the question, ask a question.
Speaker 1: Okay, how much skin were you showing?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you sunburned?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 3: That's nice, that's nice.
Speaker 1: What did the waitress say to that question?
Speaker 3: Yea, was she wearing a two piece?
Speaker 5: She kind of just said it was a good day and then like kind of walked away, like I feel like that's when.
Speaker 1: You dropped, like I was with my boyfriend at the beach.
Speaker 2: And what did Grace say? Did she mention that interaction at all?
Speaker 4: I'm sure she wanted to know about the two piece too.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it was more so me calling the waitress back over and over again. But well, it's because I.
Speaker 6: Had never been there before and I was confused on.
Speaker 5: What to order, and I just think maybe she thought I was trying to hit on her.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you're yeah, because you could have.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you just asked the waitress if she was wearing a bikini at the beach, and then you called her back over and have multiple more questions.
Speaker 1: Of course that's what was assumed.
Speaker 4: Well, sure it was fact finding, though it wasn't flirty.
Speaker 1: I understand that wasn't his intention.
Speaker 5: I wasn't even thinking about that and the whole bathing suit thing. I was really just trying to make conversation, and that was the next thing. You know, there might have been more before that, Like what did it like a beach? I don't know, okay, okay about the bathing seat, and like what's your favorite part about the beach.
Speaker 1: And the conversation? How fun? So glad you had a great day at the beach. I would like to order a glass of wine.
Speaker 4: Sure, okay, but we'll just call that a little hiccup that you had during your there's.
Speaker 5: More because I don't. I don't wear a bathing stage of the beach like I I like to cover up.
Speaker 3: So alright, you wore something.
Speaker 2: Was there any good interaction between you and Gray? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I loved our conversations. Actually, I mean we talked a lot good and we both liked the zoo, and so we talked about the zoo a lot.
Speaker 1: Zoo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought it might be like a good next date situation.
Speaker 3: That's very Robin's move of you.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, that's what Tony said to do, so nice.
Speaker 3: A zoo the apprentice becomes the master.
Speaker 4: Okay, so since we're running out of time here, let's get to the end of the day. How did you and Grace leave it?
Speaker 6: I thought we may go in for a kiss or at least a hug, but.
Speaker 5: She just kind of went in for a side hug passively, and then I texted her to see if she got home and she just kind of thumbs it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, so no zoo date has happened. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well I proposed it over text to go to the zoo, but she just left me on red. She didn't respond to it, not.
Speaker 1: Even a zebra emoji back.
Speaker 3: Huh, what does that mean.
Speaker 5: All I can think of is that maybe the Tony video just got me too pumped and two outgoing, or maybe I just talked the way just way too much, and so I just called you guys to see.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's good to get out of your comfort zone, but you got to be careful about not trying to be someone you're not.
Speaker 4: You know what, Broke, I think everybody's sick of all your life lessons that you're trying to deliver on in a show. Yeah, that's valid.
Speaker 3: Start your own seminar by the airport at the Hilton.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was waiting for you to wrap up this segment so we can call this girl finally time.
Speaker 4: Let's do what Tony would do and just plow ahead and get the answers that we've been searching for.
Speaker 3: That's what Tony would do.
Speaker 4: When we come back and do your second Date update, not taken no for an answer.
Speaker 7: Right after Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: Tony Robbins says, quote, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
Speaker 1: What okay? Is that actually a quote?
Speaker 4: That is and that's why Eugene listened to his mentor and decided to mix it up for his first date with Gray.
Speaker 3: Even though he's normally a shy.
Speaker 4: Reserved guy, he cracked out of his own shell and went bold, asking lots and lots of questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not just to his date.
Speaker 4: No, Fortunately, a bunch of them were directed to the waitress, asking what kind of bathing suit.
Speaker 3: She wore to the beach earlier. But he wasn't trying to be flirty.
Speaker 4: He was just trying to sound out going and conversational.
Speaker 3: Someone who doesn't make conversation a lot tried to make conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, which is why Eugene is worried. Maybe he channeled Tony Robbins too hard and it could be why Grace is backing off Brook.
Speaker 3: What do you think I mean?
Speaker 2: I think it's an easy fix because you're innocent here. Even if the is she was assuming that you were hitting on the waitress, it shows so much a we're calling right, like.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're going to be interested if you got us.
Speaker 4: Involved, right, Eugene, innocent till proven guilty.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's oh Jason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got off innocent. So I like this. This is a good.
Speaker 2: Headspace making me think he's less innocent than he originally.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 4: Either way, let's build off of this and make the call. We'll see if Grace can fill in some of the blanks for us.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Hello, Hi is this Grace?
Speaker 6: Yeah? This is Grace, Hey Grace.
Speaker 3: This is a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey Grace, by Grace, Good morning.
Speaker 3: That's the show.
Speaker 7: Uh, okay, tell her who?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: I said who? But why is a good question. While we are doing this segment right now called a second date update, I've heard of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank god, So now I don't have to explain it to you.
Speaker 1: We are always so surprised.
Speaker 4: Okay, but that means one of our listeners is trying to get a hold of you because they really liked hanging out with you recently, a guy named Eugene.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, I know who Eugene is.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, there's a good start.
Speaker 4: So if you know how this segment works, you understand Eugene is confused why you're not super eager to hang out with him?
Speaker 3: At least that's how it seems.
Speaker 1: After your day she left him on read He responded.
Speaker 4: That is not super eager, So we would like to know what you thought about Eugene and your date. I will mention he did tell us a little bit about it, but we'd like.
Speaker 3: To hear your side.
Speaker 7: So then I'm sure he told you about like the conversation with the waitress and the beach and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: We did hear.
Speaker 3: Fortunately, questions were asked.
Speaker 7: For me, that wasn't really even the deal breaker, because he did apologize and he said he was nervous, which, like I understood because I was nervous too.
Speaker 2: If you were nervous, that means you were also excited.
Speaker 7: To right, Yeah, I mean it was my first day in a long time, so I was nervous too.
Speaker 1: Right, So you understood that.
Speaker 2: Like asking the waitress what she was wearing to the beach was just an awkward question.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The thing that I didn't love, though, like the deal breaker for me, was he kept calling the waitress back over because he didn't know what to order, and like I eventually was like, why don't we just order a bunch of apps? And he was like, oh, that sounds so great, and so we ordered the apps. The waitress is like so relieved, Yeah, finally.
Speaker 4: Okay, you agreed on it, then, yeah, why is that bad?
Speaker 7: So afterwards he looked at me and he said, hey, I really appreciate that suggestion, but it's really hard for me to commit to just one dish.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I agree with him. I love to try everything on the menu. I like to know what everyone I go with is ordering so that I can have a bite of it.
Speaker 3: All All right, why why is that flag?
Speaker 7: You know, I'm a person who is like dating for a commitment, and if you can't even pick what dish you're going to order at a restaurant, what how are you gonna commit to me?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: You're saying that he was indecisive about the menu, which means that he's not good at being in a monogamous relationship.
Speaker 7: I don't think you understand, like how indecisive he was, Like this went on and on and on and on and so like, yeah, it's put a red flag in my head.
Speaker 1: How many options do you think you Jeet's got off?
Speaker 4: I mean, if that's how you feel, grace like you're worried that he's not a safe person to commit to because he's going to be considering all his other female options.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm just looking for someone like a little more decisive.
Speaker 3: Interesting, was there any okay?
Speaker 1: Was he decisive? Is any other way? I mean he picked the restaurant, Oh, he picked the zoo for the next day decisive?
Speaker 7: Well, actually there were three different views and he wasn't sure which ones to go to.
Speaker 4: So okay, Well, I can't speak to what's going on in Eugene's mind. Only he can do that. And the good news is he's on the phone with us right now, listening in on this conversation, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Now that's decisive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels pretty decisive to me unless he's on hold with a bunch of other radio shows.
Speaker 3: But Eugene, are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here. I'm just thinking what Yeah, I guess I can see where you get confused about me not being able to decide on a food. But there's just so many foods.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hell, you could say hi to Grace. She's there waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Oh hey, Grace, Yeah, Hi, I mean I like kind of have to go.
Speaker 5: So is this like I don't know what else to say? Yeah, I just need to tell you that I know I have a hard time committing to food or what zoo because there's a lot of different zoos and know what you like. But I will and can commit to relationships. Wow, there's something you don't know about me actually, but my mentor and inspiration Tony Robbins. He says, true commitment bridges the gap between goals and reality.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wowiful, that didn't sound like you read it at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Well, and I don't know. I don't actually know what that really means. But he said there's always a way if you're committed, and I'm committed to going out with you again.
Speaker 4: That you Grace, How does that feel to hear that?
Speaker 7: Unfortunately I am not committed to seeing him again, so it doesn't really feel like anything.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, Grace, I mean you said the one thing that you were worried about it he wouldn't be interested in just seeing you.
Speaker 1: And that's what he's saying. He's he's saying, yes, I.
Speaker 7: Am, I'm okay. I would like someone who can make a decision. I don't need to be the deciding person and every single thing in my life.
Speaker 3: Well, he just decided, he decided you were the one.
Speaker 7: That's nice for him.
Speaker 2: It sounds like maybe you just were you just maybe not as attracted to him as well, or something like, I'm.
Speaker 7: Just not attracted to that behavior.
Speaker 5: Like I said, Oh wait, I'm committed.
Speaker 7: I do have to go now, so I'm going to pass. Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, he's committed to something. I think we lost her.
Speaker 1: Yeah that went. That was more quick than I expect you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Eugene, I'm sorry that happened. Man, Does Tony Robbins have a good quote about what to do after you get rejected.
Speaker 5: I've got to look one up.
Speaker 6: But like the other one, I don't know if I understand it.
Speaker 2: All you need to do before your next date is look at the menu online and choose before you get there.
Speaker 4: Or hire Tony Robbinson go on your dates with you or Brookie Robbins, who's gonna be at the airport this Sunday night?
Speaker 5: Maybe so okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You can't even commit to go into that, And then I actually can kind of see what she was saying.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know what, if that conversation about commitment had come up during dinner, maybe it could have been saved.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've ever been shut down so quickly.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. It was just it was too late once she wrote him off.
Speaker 4: Huh, and she decided that he's yelling I'll commit to you now. It's there's no saving it. It's like catching a falling knife. You've already lost it.
Speaker 1: You don't want to catch a falling life. That's that's I feel like Alexis actually needs that life pack.
Speaker 3: Yes, not to do that lose lose situation at the handle. That's not gonna happen, zero chance that turns out.
Speaker 4: Well, God, that's the point I lost. The bottom line is he's a little undecisive, but that should not stop him from going full or even half Robins on his next date.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it worked for him. Yeah, well until it didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But hopefully he's back on the show someday to do a closure call with us, so we can call that waitress and find out was she wearing a one piece or was she going to sobs? If you're listening to the show, text us let us know what went wrong, help out a little bit. I don't think we can afford that anyway, But if you need help with your dating, like female the show, we'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go find our podcast wherever you get yours online Abrooke and Jeffrey