Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous. It's La La Kent.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Untraditionally Lala. Hello, my loves, Welcome to the bonus episode of Untraditionally Lala.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: We have such good questions today, and I love it because we're kind of like all over the place. This is my first solo bonus episode.
Speaker 1: A lot of cherries being popped this week. For real.
Speaker 2: I'm like, whoa, it's a nice little feeling, little nervous. It does feel like when I lost my virginity. Okay, So the first question is what's your favorite part of being a mom right now? Oh my gosh, that's so hard to even pinpoint one thing. I think my most favorite part about being a mom right now is watching so so says only a year old. So like she's fun, but like we're still learning. We're still learning a lot. We're in a learning process. Not saying that Ocean isn't but Ocean is very much like a little human being who can go toes with me. She's opinionated, she's like a little character and she just she is who she is. And I can sit here and say like, oh, she got that from me, she got that from him. But I just think that they come how they are. So my favorite part about being a mom right now is watching my kids just turn into like the little humans that they were born to be. Like, I can already see how Ocean is going to be when she's older. The girl has mad stamina. She does not take no for an answer. It is completely exhausting, and I love it because I'm like, girl, you are going to go places, you know when she's such a character. And my mom has said, like I really want you to set up a YouTube channel for her, and you guys, this is where I'm at with it. So Ocean has never been able to be on TV except for when she was like a brand new baby, because the other side won't sign off on it, And like, that's a blessing and a.
Speaker 1: Curse for me. It's a curse because she's getting older.
Speaker 2: So if I film anything, I have to say to her, like you have to go away, and she doesn't quite understand why.
Speaker 1: But it's a blessing because being.
Speaker 2: A mom is the most sacred thing that I have and it's not for anyone to judge.
Speaker 1: It's not for anyone to.
Speaker 2: Weigh in on what I did wrong, how I could have done it differently. It's just between myself, my kids, my household, and I really like it that way. So although Ocean is very funny and many people think like you need to put her on TV, she needs to be on YouTube. This is where my head's at. She's going to get older, her body's going to change. People who follow her are going to start experiencing life. Some will become trolls, others will still stay kind. I just don't want to put her out there like that. It's one thing for me to post a twenty four hour story that literally no one can comment on, or a cute little photo. It's quite another to literally hand over content that's just Ocean for people to weigh in on. I just I want to incubate her mindset. Which homegirl has hair down to her ass, lashes to the sky. You cannot tell her anything, and I want to keep it that way for as long as I possibly can. The world is going to attempt to break her spirit. Ocean talks about boys. We're getting into that stage of things, which is very fucking wild. She had this boyfriend named Cam at school and they would hold hands and he painted her a picture and she came home and I posted about this. I think it was on TikTok, her telling me how Cam is her boyfriend now, and I like tech his mom and I was like, hey in lawn and we both thought it was so funny. She comes home the next day and I was like, hey, girl, how's Cam.
Speaker 1: She's He's not my boyfriend anymore. Mom. I go, already, you already broke up? What happened?
Speaker 2: And she goes, I just thought about it and I kind of changed my mind.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent.
Speaker 2: You are allowed to change your mind in the Bravo universe.
Speaker 1: You guys, you are not allowed to change your mind.
Speaker 2: I can say something right now and people will be like sea then for you said this now, bitch, you can change your mind. You can feel one way right now, and in five minutes.
Speaker 1: You can feel a different way. And I'm cool with that. What's one thing.
Speaker 2: About you people would be surprised to know? Oh, I think the one thing people would be surprised to know. And actually, this conversation came up with someone.
Speaker 1: The other day who is on the valley.
Speaker 2: I won't share more than that, but basically, I think people think that I come into a situation and that I like confrontation. I don't like confrontation. I'm very good at confrontation, but I don't like it. And I think people think I come in, I go toes and I feel great about myself. I go home and sleep like a baby. I will beat myself up for days on end, months on end when it comes to season eleven, years on end. I left Season eleven of vander Pump Rules, and although I felt how I felt in the moment and for many months after, I was like, I stand by what I said. It may not have been the waste anyone wanted me to say it, but it is what it is. That's how I felt, and I stand by that sentiment of like, say how you feel.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: My whole thing is when I'm facing foreign emotions, which is very much what was happening all of season eleven, I just react and then regret. So I'm trying to conquer. And I've been working on this with my sponsor because it was a few months ago where I was like, you know, I just I can't get over and I'm saying it as season eleven for you guys, because that's the only way to pinpoint it for you guys.
Speaker 1: At that point, in my life.
Speaker 2: For me, what it was was I was finally the adrenaline had gone. I was in the fight of my life for you guys, Season ten and then season eleven for me was when a time in my life where I was coming to grips with the fact that this was my life. I was having to share my kid. The adrenaline had worn off. I was angry, and I didn't want to be angry anymore because I had a child that I didn't want her to see me as an angry person, and so we went the complete opposite way.
Speaker 1: There was no balance.
Speaker 2: Everything was so foreign to me, and I was doing the best that I could, and I knew going into film a show when I was in that state of mind was not good, and I still did it, and.
Speaker 1: That was my life path.
Speaker 2: But the aftermath of that and the anger that I felt, along with all the guilt that I felt, was suffocating, and I had to work through it with my sponsor, and you know, for so long I could not stop fixating on it.
Speaker 1: And I think that's.
Speaker 2: What people would be most surprised by, is like, you don't need to beat me up over anything, you guys, Like I got that handled, like no one's gonna knock me out quicker than I will knock myself out. I'm a thinker and overthinker, which is another reason why I wanted to do the Preneuvo scan was I'm like, the amount of stress that I put on myself on a regular basis is going to take its toll on me.
Speaker 1: When I was a vapor my mom was like, you gotta give up the vape. It's going to kill you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, the stress I feel is gonna kill me way before this fucking vape.
Speaker 1: Trust me.
Speaker 2: That's what people would be surprised by. Also, I love my knee caps massaged. I think that people would think that's weird. It's the fucking best. Get on down there to those knee cabs. Boy, if you could go back to your first season on Vanner Pump Rules, what advice would you give yourself?
Speaker 1: Not a one fucking thing. Chef's kiss, no notes. I wish I.
Speaker 2: Could go back and be that fucking cool again. She did not give one shit. I watch it and I cringe and I'm like, oh, wow, you're committed.
Speaker 1: You're committed to the bit.
Speaker 2: However, that first season that I was on Vanner Pump Rules, which is season four for me.
Speaker 1: I was so insecure.
Speaker 2: I was broken out, and I really I had to like fake confidence. I faked it until I made it, and then we went a little too confident. Then the head was like in the clouds. I would have told her, like, it's I know you're having a great time. Maybe I would have told her to not hit the bottle as hard because I really wish I could like have just a drink with someone instead.
Speaker 1: I'm like, how's that drink? I'm going to hit a meeting. It's all good, though. Uh, if you.
Speaker 2: Could collab with any celebrity on a project, who would it be?
Speaker 1: Larry David? Larry David?
Speaker 2: Larry David because there is no one like him. There is no one funnier. He is completely effortless. He's uncancellable, which is fucking awesome. If you guys have not watched every season of Seinfeld and every season of Curved, you are really messing up. I would die to work with him. I just find him to be a fucking genius. Also, there's a new one though, you guys. It's called Bad Friends with Andrew Santino and Bobby Lee Easton. My brother introduced me to this comedian and the first one I watched was Cheese Burger on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Hysterical I die.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I listened to his Hulu stand up and it's called Andrew Santino White Noise. Highly recommend. I would die to work with him too, die. He's so fucking hysterical. I'm not going to tell his jokes on here because it's just not gonna hit the same, But please go watch I beg of you so we can all talk about it. Do you ever still have moments where the thought of drinking crosses your mind? And if so, how do you handle those feelings? They're not often, but yes, there are moments where I will sit there and watch someone like crack a hard Seltzer or have a glass of rose. It's only during the day, though, you guys like I used to love day drinking because then I could still implement my nighttime routine. You know, I'm a creature of routine, Get drunk, shake it off bed by seven. And in those moments, I can only count on one hand where I've been like we need to empty the minibar. That was probably in twenty twenty. I had that moment in Puerto Rico, where I was like, I'm gonna drink and no one's gonna know. And I called the front desk. I said, I need someone to immediately come and clear out the minibar, and they did.
Speaker 1: They called my sponsor. We talked through it.
Speaker 2: That was the biggest one since then. There was one moment where I called my sponsor and I knew I wasn't going to be able to stay sober for myself in that moment, I was going to have to stay sober for something.
Speaker 1: Bigger than me, which that was ocean.
Speaker 2: So they don't come around often, but I know the days are looming, and I know the Beast is never gonna be conquered, like she's always gonna win. That motherfucker is aggressive, she has stamina. The moment I feed into her, I'm gonna be fucking chaoed and not on my watch. I have such That's a fantastic new sponsor. By the way, too, if you could play matchmaker for Easton, what type of partner would you set him up with? So Eathan's very chill, he would need someone with a lot of drive. Not saying he's not driven, but he is just like the best time the brightest delight, and you know there are people that are like, he's got the most brilliant ideas, and I know that he is going to.
Speaker 1: Take one of them and just like fucking crush it.
Speaker 2: But he needs someone who balances him out because he's a fucking good time. He needs someone to kind of put him back on the train tracks physically Madison Beer.
Speaker 1: But then I may have to steal her.
Speaker 2: From him, so that wouldn't be good because I'm a winner, guys, I'm a winner. How is your relationship with LVP today? LVP and I are so thick. I'm actually so glad someone wrote this because I actually.
Speaker 1: Need to call her.
Speaker 2: She has always just been so supportive of me and so kind, and I think there are things out there about her from certain people where I'm like, okay, that's your experience, but for it to be an overall, you know, I'm really into this thing right now and I don't know how it happened, but I'm like, depends on who you ask. People are like, La, La, you're a raging I'm like, maybe depends on who he asks.
Speaker 1: You could ask this person.
Speaker 2: They could say I'm absolutely fucking wonderful, just depends on who you ask for me. I'm being asked if Lisa vander Pump is freaking fantastic. Lisa vander Pump is freaking fantastic.
Speaker 1: I like what she.
Speaker 2: Believes in stands for when it comes to the dogs. She and I are thick, and I hope it stays that way. If you and Shena weren't on speaking terms, would you still let ocean in summer moon have playdates?
Speaker 1: Absolutely. My whole thing in all of this is I.
Speaker 2: Want my kid to always be prioritized, and my kid enjoys summer moon. Sheena and I are in a very strange place, but there was a shift where I kind of went er.
Speaker 1: I don't know about this. I love her, She's like family.
Speaker 2: I am very disappointed on how she has gone about certain things. She and I are obviously not in a great place. She said it put friendships into perspective based on who posted her book. She didn't talk about the times that I've sat in a car and cried with her about the situation that she wrote in her book. She didn't talk about the message that I sent to her about how fucking proud I am of.
Speaker 1: Her that she wrote this book.
Speaker 2: Put her heart out there and made it to the New York Times bestseller list.
Speaker 1: That is not easy.
Speaker 2: But because none of that was public, it's not good enough for her.
Speaker 1: And I want to shake her at times.
Speaker 2: Because in the past two years I have had to do a lot of soul searching, and I have had to own my part in a lot of situations that I didn't want to own my part.
Speaker 1: I wanted to place blame. I wanted to say, but you did this. We have come a long way with she.
Speaker 2: And I want to shake her because it's like you. You have a husband who's absolutely wonderful. He may not have done wonderful things, but he has made massive changes for you, and that's a beautiful thing. You chose to stick with him. That is absolutely incredible and wonderful. You have a beautiful, healthy little girl. You've got both your parents, your sister's coolest fuck what are you.
Speaker 1: So mad about? All the time you made your book hit.
Speaker 2: The biggest fucking list that a book can possibly hit, You've got a fantastic podcast.
Speaker 1: Why do you continue to.
Speaker 2: Try to scrape at the bottom of the barrel to find the shit?
Speaker 1: I want her to take.
Speaker 2: A moment to self reflect and figure out what makes her tick and what keeps her happy.
Speaker 1: Genuinely happy. This is all gonna fade.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a day, y'all, where no television show exists, the podcasts are over, the brand deals are done, no one gives a fuck about Instagram. What do you want when it's all over? How do you want your life to be? I want to shake. I have fucked up in the past, so have you. The difference is I don't point out every fuck up that you have because it's not worth it. Because I know you're a good person. You should know I'm a good person.
Speaker 1: It makes me so just like you think I just bought a.
Speaker 2: House next to you because I just like thought that would be fun. No, that means I fuck with you really hard, and we should have duped this out behind the scenes. And my friendship to you should not be based off of If I posted your book in the proper timeline, you're setting me up for failure every time. And let me be very clear, y'all. I posted the book, the book was posted. She's upset that I didn't post it in the proper timeline. I am not a robot. You don't click in what you need from me. I'm a person with a life. I posted the book when you announced it for a pre order, and I did post the book when I got it. But nothing I do or anyone else does, will ever be good enough. And I really really hope that she can take a moment to reflect on why that is.
Speaker 1: Sena.
Speaker 2: I love you, I'm sorry if I've fucked up. What advice would you give to women who want to have a child on their own?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: My advice would be to really really sit on it, think about it, and really think about do I want to be a mom?
Speaker 1: Do I want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say live for someone else, but there's a period of time that you do live for someone else. Literally, your life is not your life anymore. There are dudes that I want to go and freaking kick it with, But guess what, I got kids, So like, you can't come over here because I'm not going to bring you around my kids and I'm not going to leave my kids to spend time with you. You really do give up a massive piece of who you are. You have to truly truly want kids. And I ask people I've asked Katie Maloney this I think. I asked Brinn, who used to be on Real Housewives of New York. I said, do you want kids or do you want a family? And I put that in quotes because I have a family. It just looks different from most people's.
Speaker 1: It's untraditional.
Speaker 2: And both of those people said, I would like to have a husband who I create a family with.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: We know that a donor would never be for you if you want kids, period.
Speaker 1: I just want kids.
Speaker 2: Highly recommend, highly recommend. I love doing motherhood on my own. Are you thinking of getting another tattoo in the near future? If I have one more child, I'll get another tattoo. I already have the name picked out. It's a pretty sick name and no one would guess it. Everyone was trying to guess, So it's this name, and it was like sailor spear, it was like all of these like ocean things.
Speaker 1: I'm like no.
Speaker 2: But then I come out with the name and everyone first was like, so that means cocaine, like your drug addict is showing. How the fuck would you know that? But Sosa actually means saltwater in Portuguese. How wild? That's the fucking universe. I don't want any more tattoos unless I have another baby. I had got Sosa's name, and then I got a bit tiny like la on my hand.
Speaker 1: And I just want to be done.
Speaker 2: Like now I'm starting to look like I have stickers all over my body, and that's exactly what I didn't want. It's like, I don't want to look like I have stickers on my body, so put little tiny tattoos all over my body. Fuck?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about you? Guys?
Speaker 2: I want to remind you please slide into my dms, make sure you comment. Let me know like what you guys want to be talking about on this podcast. Remember I'm not talking at you, I'm talking with you. I want to open the conversation. You guys are my pod. You guys are my homies, so please weigh in. I'm with a different team, so your dms are most certainly going to be seen.
Speaker 1: So if you're being an uber bitch, just no, I won't see it. Won't see it. I love you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Have the best freaking week, fibabes,