Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is verdict with Senator Ted Cruz ben Ferguson with you, Senator for about forty five minutes tonight, you and I are doing this At twelve thirty am, there was a moment in this country where the media, the White House, press Corps, Democrats, and Republicans were wondering if Joe Biden was going to step down as President of the United States of America after the Special Council report called him quote an elderly man with a poor memory who was so deteriorated with his cognitive decline they couldn't charge him with crimes even if they wanted to.
Speaker 3: Your reaction, well, Today the US Department of Justice released a formal report laying out the evidence that the sitting president of the United States is not competent to stand trial. That is extraordinary. Look, today was a big news day. Today the Senate capitulated on securing the border and passed or moved forward with a Ukraine funding bill. Today, the US Supreme Court heard oral arguments in the Colorado case about whether Donald Trump should be thrown off the ballot and what does it say that both of those have been relegated to the b and c story in every news broadcast in America. Well, that's because what broke later today was so damn big. Listen, You and I and kind of anyone with eyes and common sense have been observing for a long time that Joe Biden's cognitive decline is massive. But it's easy for some observers to dismiss that and say, you know, these guys are biased, they're partisans, they don't like Biden, So what they're saying is not true. In this instance, the people speaking are the Biden Department of Justice and not any department of justice. This is a Department of Justice that has proven itself the most politicized and partisan department of justice in history. And they have argued so, for example, I'm going to read you a paragraph from the report. In his interview with our office, mister Biden's memory was worse. He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended, quote if it was twenty thirteen, when did I stop being vice president? And forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began quote in two thousand and nine? Am I still vice president? He did not remember even within several years when his son Bo died and his memory appeared hazy. When describing the Afghanistan debate that was once so important to him, among other things, he mistakenly said he quote had a real difference of opinion with General Carl Aitkinberry, when in fact Aitkinberry was an ally whom mister Biden cited approvingly in his thanksgiving memo to President Obama. All of that was authored by the Biden Department of Justice. And when they are describing the sitting president as a well meaning elderly man with a poor memory, the natural question for anyone to say is, holy crap. If he's not competent to stand trial, why is he the commander in chief with the authority to send our sons and daughters into harm's way? Why does he have access to the nuclear codes? Understand the description here They say, you couldn't charge him with a crime because he's not aware of enough to have the requisite mental intent. And yet Joe Biden tonight, if he's so desired, could literally exterminate humanity from the face of the planet as commander in chief if he gave the order launch the nuclear weapons now, unless the military refused to obey the commander in chief. Joe Biden could exterminate every life on this planet. And if he's not mentally competent to stand trial, that is terrifying.
Speaker 1: The other party.
Speaker 2: And I mentioned this to the beginning, and I want to play this for you on Fox. Kaylee mckin any former White House Press secretary came out and talked about the shock in Washington, talked about the shock of the President trying to respond in an angry way to this report that had come out holding this impromptu press conference.
Speaker 4: Listen to this, an unmitigated disaster play out before our very eyes. We just watched a wounded political animal hobble to a podium and react with defensiveness, with anger. And you know it's bad, Jesse. When you have the White House Press Corps, they are essentially an extension of the Joe Biden press and communications team. When they are shouting at him asking repeatedly, are you going to step aside, mister President? The CNN correspondent asking that when NBC, NBC, of all places, writes a headline a nightmare Special Council report triggers panic among Democrats. And when you have a president who for forty five minutes, announces a press conference with no topic, giving the world forty five minutes to speculate is he stepping aside? What would life be like under a president Kamala Harris? For forty five minutes, the nation got to feel that pan and I don't think they will forget it come November.
Speaker 1: We were, by the way, Senator, this was real.
Speaker 2: I was in Fox News in New York City doing a hit when all this broke and my phone exploded. Everyone in the building's phone was exploding, with people asking the question, Oh, my gosh, is Joe Biden about to say he's stepping down or at the bare minimum, say I am no longer running for president of United States America. That was real, and the entire world was thinking this, including our adversaries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our adversaries, our allies, the Democrat Party. Look, we have talked about at length how Democrats and their supplicant cheerleaders in the media were getting cold feet on Joe Biden, and I had previously said on this podcast that I thought the odds were about fifty to fifty that Democrats at the convention this coming summer would pull the cord on Joe Biden, yank him out and replace him with Michelle Obama. I have to say, after today, I'm going to adjust those odds from fifty to fifty to about sixty five thirty five. I think they have increased substantially. I think it is now significantly more likely than not that Democrats will not have Joe Biden on the ballot. And listen, the problem is, if you're a Democrat hack in, you're spinning. How do you spin this away? They're used to saying, oh, those are just partisans. Those are their favorite phrase, maga republicans. Well, the one thing we know is the Biden Department of Justice. They are not maga Republicans. And this is his own Department of Justice saying he has severely diminished metal faculties. And then I got to tell you, Ben, he made it worse. He made it worse by an For forty five minutes, nobody knew what the press conference was gonna be, and everyone was like, oh my god, we're gonna have a president Kamala Harris, like that was really frightening. But then when he got up there, he did not perform well. And I think that only increased the concerns and so we ought to listen to listen to a portion of his press conference that that occurred on Thursday night.
Speaker 2: And let's point this out too, the media listened to them in the background. Joe Biden's president has never had to deal with the media that was this in his face. I would even argue this hostile to him. They've always given him softball pitches. Something changed in the media tonight and you could hear it and watch it in real time. And before I play this audio for you, I want to talk to you real quick about Blackout Coffee. The world is inflames and Bidenomics is a complete and total disag. I'm not going to let it ruin my day, and I start every single morning with an amazing premium cup of coffee. It is an America first cup of Blackout Coffee. This coffee is one hundred percent American and zero percent woke. Blackout Coffee is one hundred percent committed to conservative values, from sourcing the beans to the roasting process, customer support and shipping. They embody true American values and they accept no compromise on taste or quality. Now you know about the woke coffee companies that are out there, don't give them your money. I can tell you if you want a premium cup of coffee at a great price so you can start your day with You have got to check out and support companies like Blackout Coffee that love conservative values and support America.
Speaker 1: They are family owned. So go to.
Speaker 2: Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Use the promo code verdict for twenty percent off your first order. Blackoutcoffee dot com, slush verdict. Be Awake not Woke. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict promo code verdict. Now listen to the media completely turned like piranhas on.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden. It's incredible here it is.
Speaker 5: Thank you, and I'll take some questions.
Speaker 6: President Biden.
Speaker 7: Something the Special Counsel said in his report is that one of the reasons you were not charged is because, in his description, you are a well meeting elderly man with a poor memory.
Speaker 5: I'm well meeting and I'm an elderly man, and I know what the hell I'm doing. I'm in President. I put this country back on his feet. I don't need his recommendation. It's totally is.
Speaker 7: Your memory, and can you continue as president?
Speaker 5: My memory is so bad, I let you speak. That's that's that's what.
Speaker 6: Your memory has gotten worse.
Speaker 5: Oh look, my memory is not good. My memory is fine. My memory. Take a look at what I've done since I become president. Not even thought I could pass any of the things I got passed. How'd that happen? You know? I guess I just forgot what was going on.
Speaker 6: It's a present.
Speaker 5: Your age.
Speaker 6: How are you going to persuade? I mean, do you hear that this report is only going to fuel further.
Speaker 5: Concerned only by some.
Speaker 8: Of you want criminal liability today?
Speaker 4: Do you take responsibility for me seeing careless with classified material?
Speaker 5: I take responsibility for not having seen exactly what my staff was doing. Goes in in twenty out, things that appeared in my garage, things that came out of my home, things that we were moved, not by me but my staff, but my staff.
Speaker 8: Mister President, for months, when you were asked about your age, you would respond with the words watch me, won't any America?
Speaker 6: Can?
Speaker 1: People have been watching and they.
Speaker 6: Have expressed concerns about your age.
Speaker 5: That is your judgment. That is your judgment. That is not the judgment of the press.
Speaker 6: They expressed concerns about your mental acuity.
Speaker 1: They say that you are too old, mister president.
Speaker 8: In December, you told me that you believe there are many other Democrats who could defeat Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: So why does it.
Speaker 5: Have to be you? Now? What is your answer? I was a qualified person in this country be president of the United States and finished the job I started.
Speaker 6: Do you believe.
Speaker 5: That I did not share classified information. I did not share it with my ghostriend. I did not guarantee you did not. Well, no, he did not say that. He did not say that. Let me answer you a question. The fact of the matter is what I didn't want repeat it. I didn't want him to not and I didn't read it to him. Was I had written a long memorandum to President Obama why we should not be in Afghanistan, and I was multiple pages, and so what I was referring to I said classified it. I should have said it was should be private because it was a contact between the president and the Vice president as to what was going on. That's what it is referring to. It was not classified information in that document. That was not classic.
Speaker 6: When you look back at this incident, is there anything you would do differently now? And do you think that a special prosecutor should have been appointed in the first place in both of these cases.
Speaker 5: First of all, what I would have done is oversee the transfer of the material that was in my office in my offices, I should have done that, if I go back on, I didn't have the responsibility that that was my staff was supposed to do that, and they referenced that in the report, and my staff did not do it in the way that. For example, I didn't know how half the boxes got in my garage until I found out staff gathered them up, put them together, and took them to the garage. In my home, and all the stuff that was in my home was in filing cabinets that were either locked or able to be locked. It was in my house. It wasn't out in like in mar A Lago, in a public place where and none of it was high classified, didn't have any of that red stuff on it, you know what I mean, around the corners, none of that. And so I wish I had paid more attention to how the documents were being moved and where I thought they would being moved to the archives. I thought all of us being moved. That's what I thought. Now, what was the last part of your question?
Speaker 6: Whether a special council should have been appointed in this case and in the case of your rival President.
Speaker 5: I think a special council should have been appointed. And the reason I think a special council should have been appointed is because I he did not want to be in a position that they looked at Trump and weren't going to look at me, just like they looked at the Vice president. And the fact is they made a firm conclusion I did not break the law. Period. Thank you all, very.
Speaker 1: Randy, Senator.
Speaker 2: You hear the president there, and he lied, by the way, he lied. He lied on tape. By the way, after he was out of the vice presidency, he's saying to his autobiographer, quote, the classified documents are in the basement.
Speaker 1: He knew this. And then he's acting like he's telling the truth.
Speaker 2: And there's those documents in his garage next to his corvette that he completely didn't even talk about there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, look, there is so much in that press conference that is revealing. Number One, you're right, the press has turned on him in his entire presidency. Joe Biden has never had a press conference remotely like that. They are suddenly asking the questions that millions of Americans have been asking since the day Biden became president and before that, and see the press turn on him is a big deal, I promise you. After this press conference, the White House team was horrified. They were terrified. They were going, oh crap, this has gone really, really badly, and these questions are not going away. And you know, he stated there that the Special Council concluded he did not violate the law. That is not remotely what the Biden Justice Department concluded. Let me read to the beginning of the report, the executive summary. It begins with, quote, we conclude that no criminal charges are warranted in this matter. We would reach the same conclusion even if Department of Justice policy did not foreclose criminal charges against a sitting president. Our investigation uncovered evidence that President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen. A note he said in that interview, I did not disclose him well. In the second paragraph of the report, it says, our investigation uncovered evidence that President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency, when he was a private citizens. These materials included I'm still reading from the report. These materials included one marked classified documents about military and foreign policy in Afghanistan and two notebooks containing mister Biden's handwritten entries about issues of national security and foreign policy, implicating sensitive intelligence sources and methods. By the way, sources and methods. What that means is this was sensitive enough that disclosing this could endanger the lives of covert operatives. That when you're disclosing sources and methods, it means you can reveal the identity of a spy, or it means you can reveal that, say, we have somebody's phone tap or with the ability to engage in surveillance. And so if you're revealing sources and methods, that's a big let me finish reading. FBI agents recover these materials from the garage, offices and basement den in mister Biden's Wilmington, Delaware home. However, for the reasons summarized below, we conclude that the evidence does not establish mister Biden's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Prosecution of mister Biden is also unwarded based on our consideration of the aggravating and mitigating factors set forth in the Department of Justices Principles of Federal Prosecution. For these reasons, we decline prosecution of mister Biden. Now, what are the reasons they say don't prosecute him. That one of the key reasons they rely on front and center is they say he's too damn old and can't remember anything, and so therefore you could not prosecute him. But I'm going to read from just a couple of pages later. This is again from the report. Mister Biden wrote his twenty seven and twenty seventeen memoirs with the help of a ghostwriter. In a recorded conversation with his ghostwriter in February twenty seventeen, about a month after he left office, mister Biden said, while referencing his two thousand and nine Thanksgiving memo, that he had quote just found all the classified stuff downstairs, so he expressed an awareness that it was classified materials. And by the way, they have this because they have the tape. So he's literally on tape admitting it. And it continues in the next paragraph. Evidence supports the inference that Winister Biden said in twenty seventeen that he had quote just found all the classified stuff downstairs in Virginia. He was referring to the same marked classified documents about Afghanistan that FBI agents found in twenty twenty two in his Delaware garage. Now, notice they say marked classified documents. He said, well, gosh, I didn't know it was classified. If it's marked, it has its stamped right off. But they go on to say none. Nonetheless, we do not believe this evidence is sufficient, as jurors would likely found reasonable doubt for one of several reasons. And they go on to say several defenses are likely to create reasonable doubt. For example, mister Biden could have found the classified Afghanistan documents at his Virginia home in twenty seventeen and then forgotten about them soon after. So he's just so old and senile that he's like, oh, classified documents?
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: What was I talking about? I mean, that's reason number one. While they don't prosecute him, they go on to say another viable defense, Another viable defense is that mister Biden might not have retained the classified Afghanistan documents in his Virginia home at all, they might have been stored by mistaken without his knowledge. But then they say, given mister Biden's limited precision and recalled during his interviews with his ghostwriter and with our office, so notice the ghostwriters back in twenty seventeen and with our offices this past year, jurors may hesitate to place too much evidentiary weight on a single eight word utterance to his ghostwriter about finding classified documents in Virginia in the absence of other more direct evidence. And they go on to say, we have also considered that at trial, mister Biden would likely present himself to a jury as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well meaning elderly man with a poor memory. Based on our direct interactions with and observations of him, he is someone for whom many jurors will want to identify reasonable doubt it would be difficult to convince a jury that they could convict him, by then, a former president well into his eighties, of a serious felony that requires a mental state of wilfulness. Now stop and think this is the Department of Justice saying you couldn't convince a jury he is capable of a mental state of wilfulness. That's a big damn deal.
Speaker 1: Real quick.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you about something that's really important to us here at Verdict. It is the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. So many of you have been asking about how you can help when it comes to the atrocities that were committed by Hamas last October seventh, which kicked off a vicious war. As Israel is defending herself from terraces on every side. The toll on the Israeli people is staggering in his massive hundreds of thousands of Israelis have been forced from their homes. Entire communities have been torn apart, lives have been devastated by death and destruction. And that is where the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews comes in. They are right there, literally in the middle of all of this every single day. And what are they doing distributing critical essentials like food, medicine, and emergency supplies for hundreds of thousands of suffering Jews. The need is great and that is why I'm partnering with IFCJ right now and I'm asking for your help. I want you to visit IFCJ dot org so that you can get involved. Every donation is urgently needed to help the people of Israel. To give the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. Please go right now to support IFCJ. That's IFCJ dot org and give as generously as you can. Your gift will be matched to double in impact and help provide twice the support. So help those in need, help those in Israel. Go to IFCJ dot org, support dot org and they say, as always, thank you for those that can help, and God bless you. All Right, I have like fifteen different questions and I want to go semi rapid fire with you, Senators. So when this first came out and I read what you just read to the audience, the first thing I thought was, Yes, this is damning of the President United States of America. But this also lays a massive pretense down that Joe Biden cannot be held accountable for any of his crimes. He's committed, any of the money that's come in from China, Russia, Ukraine, any of the money laundering with a Biden crime family and all these lcs, and it couldn't be held accountable for any of the suspicious activity reports because they just gave the precedent that they couldn't hold them account for this. So, in a weird way, is this the Justice Department basically saying, look, we know what's coming down the shoot, we know how bad it is. We we know what's going to happen with impeachment, we know what's happened with the Republican investigations. So we're gonna give him an out right now to spare him. Is that a real possibility?
Speaker 3: Listen, this is a basis if someone's not competent to stand trial. This is a basis that can that can keep him prevent him from liability for any criminal offense. That is absolutely a basis that's not limited to classified documents. And to be fair, they didn't find he is the standard of being incompetent to stand trial is an exceptionally high standard. What they said is he's so old and senile that you couldn't convince a juror that he was capable of acting willfully, that you couldn't prove that he had the men'sraa, the intent to commit a crime. Well, if that's true, that's as true about documents as it is about anything else. But if that is true, he shouldn't be in the Oval office with his finger on the button.
Speaker 1: Number two. This concerned me even more.
Speaker 2: Biden's lawyers apparently wrote to the special prosecutor her asking that he revised descriptions of the president's memory, notable given voter concerns about his mental capacity. Now, when I read that, I thought, Okay, this is a full blown cover up on a level that we've never seen from the White House, including Watergate, by a president's staff, by the president's lawyers saying to the special counsel, you got to take out all the bad stuff here because he's running for re election.
Speaker 1: How the hell is that not a massive story of cover up on its own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, this is damage control, and it's bad damage control, and it's out in the open, and they got caught, and it shows these guys are terrified. They understand that if Joe Biden is the Democrat nominee in November, there are going to be two things that you're going to see on teas the ads all over America. Number One, and we talked about this on a podcast last week. The image of illegal aliens walking out of jail in New York City after having beaten up two New York police officers being released with no bail and then flipping the bird with both hands at the American people. That image, if Republicans are even marginally competent, will be played to the American people millions of times. And secondly, the quote that he is a sympathetic elderly man with an exceptionally poor memory, that from the Biden Department of Justice, that will be quoted over and over again. That he could not remember when he was vice president. That is an enormous problem, and so his lawyers are desperately trying to engage in damage control, saying, please, don't say to the American people what is obvious for anyone who's watching to see.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the politics now of this, because you and I witnessed it for the first time in his way, we played it for everybody listening. The White House Press Corps turning on him, this is something he's never experienced. In fact, I want to play for you just an example of how quick CNN turned on him. You would have thought they were talking about Donald Trump, except they were talking about Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Take a listen to this from CNN.
Speaker 8: Ultimately, what Robert Hurst says in this report is essentially the technical elements of a crime. It appears Robert Hurst saying, we're met. But what he ends up doing is looking at the soft factors, and you're allowed to do that. You have to do that as a prosecutor. And he takes into consideration things like what he says, and maybe this is overstated, maybe not on leave that to the political folks, but he says, essentially, Joe Biden would have created a sympathetic picture in front of a jury.
Speaker 3: He had memory.
Speaker 8: Issues, he had age issues, and that goes into did he was he able to form the mental intent here?
Speaker 2: That's CNN and they weren't done there. They also then went on to say that Joe Biden was an essence a liar at his press conference.
Speaker 8: Here's this That is what blew my mind about Joe Biden's statement SEP. Two major things he just outright contradicts or is contradicted by. However you look at this this report, there are two things he said that are completely the opposite of what Robert Hurr found. And who do you believe is up to I guess the individual consumer. First, Joe Biden says, I did not act wilfully. Wilfully just means voluntarily intentionally. Well, the second sentence of this whole summary says President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials. The facts in here show it was wilful. He knew, he talked about it. And the second thing he says is I did not disclose classified documents to my ghostwriter.
Speaker 1: Page three says that he did that.
Speaker 8: He says, mister Biden shared information, including some classified information from those notebooks.
Speaker 2: Senator I watched that on CNN and I said, holy crap, they're turning on him, and this is the end of Joe Biden's presidency. As we know, they're trying to offload him in real time because of this report, saying here it is let's take him out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, this is a massive problem, and it's not a problem that goes away in a day or two, or a week or a month. This is a problem that continues every day Joe Biden remains in the presidency. I'll also point out something else, which is this report implicitly exonerates Donald Trump, which is an enormous problem for Biden as well, because look, one of their big marquee cases against Trump now they're prosecuting him for damn near everything, including late library books. But one of their marquee cases is that Trump possessed classified documents in mar Laga. And let me read again from the report, this is what they say about Biden quote. Contemporary evidence suggests that when mister Biden left office in twenty seventeen, he believed he was allowed to keep the notebooks in his home. In a recorded conversation with his ghostwriter in April twenty seventeen, mister Biden explained that, despite his staff views to the contrary, he did not think he was required to turn in his note cards to the National Archives, where they were stored at a skiff, and he had not wanted to do so. At trial, he would argue plausibly that he thought the same thing about his notebooks. If this is what mister Biden thought, we believe he was mistaken about what the law permits. But this view finds some support in historical practice. The clearest example is President Reagan, who left the White House in nineteen eighty nine with eight years worth of handwritten diaries, which he appears to have kept in his California home, even though they contained top secret information. During criminal litigation involving a former Reagan administration official in nineteen eighty nine and ninety, the Department of Justice stated in public court filings that the quote currently classified diaries were mister Reagan's quote, personal records. Yet we know of no state the Department or other agencies took to investigate mister Reagan for handing, mishandling classified information or to retrieve or secure as diaries. Most jurors would likely find evidence of this precedent and mister Biden's claimed reliance on it, which we expect would be admitted at trial, to be compelling evidence that mister Biden did not act wilfully as with the marked classified documents. Because the evidence is not sufficient to convict mister Biden for wilfully retaining the notebooks, we decline prosecution. Now that entire passage, you could write word for word and simply replace the word Biden with Trump, and it would be a major defense for Trump. And this incoherence, the Department of Justice is going to have a nightmare, because I promise you Trump's defense lawyers are going to quote that back at them and say, you know what, the Department of Justice was right and if they were right about Biden. By the way, on this podcast, we walk through how the historical precedent was president after president after president had kept documents, including President Reagan, including President Obama, including President Clinton. We walked through the history. That's what the Department of Justice just concluded as their reason not to prosecute Biden. And the obvious screaming question is, well, then why do you go after the opposing party other than because you are politically trying to stop the voters from voting for the other guy.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this.
Speaker 2: You look at the headlines right now, it's pretty clear that the world is going crazy. It's up in flames. Bidenomics is a complete and total disaster. And I try to make sure that every day when I wake up, that doesn't ruin my day. Now, most of you know, I do a radio show every morning at seven am, and I start my day with a hot a Mayor Erica first cup of blackout coffee. I'm sick and tired of give my money to companies I hate my values. And you know which coffee companies. I'm talking about, those woke liberal companies out there. Well, that's why I want you to try Blackout Coffee. This coffee is one hundred percent America and zero percent woke. Blackout Coffee is one hundred percent committed conservative values. From sourcing the beans to the roasting process, customer support, and shipping. They embody true American values and they accept no compromise on premium taste and premium quality. Now, I love the cup of coffee, and I drink coffee every day.
Speaker 1: It's important. I can't do this show without it.
Speaker 2: I promise you you are going to freak out at how good the cup of coffee is from Blackout Coffee. So if you drink coffee, try it, and I'm going to save you twenty percent off your first order. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict, use the promo code verdict for twenty percent off your first order. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Be Awake not Woke. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Promo code verdict for twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: Your first order.
Speaker 2: You go back to politics of this for a second, and I can only imagine how stressed out White House staff is tonight. I'm sure you agree with me. It's one o'clock in the morning right now as you.
Speaker 3: Are, they're all awake. Nobody is They're.
Speaker 1: All awake, yeah, and they're probably at the White House. Still.
Speaker 2: They lost Democrats today, and they lost the media today, and now it's got to feel like you're either inside the inner circle of Team Biden to prop him up and protect him, and now the Democrats seem to be circling the wagon. In your opinion, is this the beginning of the end of the Biden presidency? Do you think he actually makes it to election day because he's going to dig in That was clear from the press conference tonight. But it looks like and this could change, but as of one am right now, it looks like Democrats are saying it's a fish. So we are not going to support Joe Biden in this president to run any longer.
Speaker 1: We got to figure out how to offload him.
Speaker 3: Look, I think the odds remain very low that he steps down before the end of his term. I think as long as he is able to stand vertically and not fall over, he is going to finish out this year. That being said, as I said at the beginning of this pod, I think the odds that the Democrats push him aside and replace it with Michelle Obama about sixty five to thirty five, or put it in another way, it's about two to one. Now more likely than not that the Democrats decide this guy cannot be our nominee in November.
Speaker 2: One other question I do want to ask you, does this change the way that Republicans investigate Joe Biden? Knowing that the DOJ is now basically said, you can't charge this guy with anything, or we're not going to charge this guy with anything. If they wouldn't do it now, why would they change that logic moving forward? How does that change the way that James Comer and Jim Jordan are doing their investigations And should it change the way they're doing their investigations at all?
Speaker 3: It shouldn't, and I don't think it will. And as we've discussed at great length on this podcast, the evidence of Joe Biden's corruption, of his deliberately selling favors from the Vice President of the United States to foreign oligarchs, to Russian oligarch's, Ukrainian oligarchs, Chinese communists for millions and millions of dollars, that evidence is very significant, and it is repeated evidence not only of doing so, but doing so willfully, doing so deliberately, and then aggressively covering it up and lying about it. And I think we will see the House continue to lay out that evidence and to lay it out at great length. And I would point out Number one, an immediate step for that potentially is impeaching Joe Biden. And the Department of Justice doesn't get a vote on whether or not to impeach Joe Biden. But number two, whether or not whether or not Biden gets prosecuted for bribery is ultimately not going to be a question decided by this Department of Justice. The chances that Merrick Garland brings charges are zero point zero zero percent. He is acting, and he has acted his entire tenure like a political operative who works for the DNC. So Merrick Garland's not going to do it. And indeed, there is considerable evidence underscored by two IRS whistleblowers who are career employees and Democrats, that Merrick Garland actively lied to Congress under oath, committed felonies, and obstructed justice. So with or without this report, this DOJ was never going to prosecute Joe Biden. That being said, if the House continues to lay out the evidence and we have a Department of Justice that is not controlled by Joe Biden, if there's a Trump Department of Justice and there is real evidence of bribery and corruption of Joe Biden and Hunter Biden and the extended Biden family, I think the possibility of prosecution is real and significant.
Speaker 2: One other question, and this is something that I think so many Americans want to know. When you see this report that just came out and you see the cognitive decline and what they're stating in this report there, you got to ask this question, who is running this country right now? Because if it is as bad as this special prosecutor is saying, it is behind closed doors, and we know how this media has propped him up and protected him, and we know how the White House is limited as schedule, he sleeps in the morning, he works usually between I think they said what noon and four. He's not doing big events. He's getting the name of leaders wrong now and when there who's alive and who's dead now on a regular basis, that's happened three times in the last three days. Who is running the country, Senator? And does that concern you as well. So I can I tell you. I get asked that question regularly. I got asked that question tonight. Every week someone asks me who's running the White House? Who's running the government. The honest answer, and this is really scary.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I genuinely don't know. I have a theory. I think it is Barack Obama, but I can't prove that. I don't know that to be a fact. It's just that that there are various data points, including the fact that Obama remained in DC, something no president in modern times is done. He's regularly in d C. He's regularly holding court, he's meeting with Democrats, he's meeting with members of the administration at his house. And so I think it is likely Obama, but I can't prove that. I just know it's not Joe Biden. So it is some combination of Obama and other senior White House officials and people like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren and AOC. But the candid answer is I have no idea.
Speaker 1: One of two things is for sure.
Speaker 2: Either the media is gonna calm down the next couple of days, or they're going to keep going after him and that can change an awful lot. If he does continue to lose the media, We're going to keep covering it here. Don't forget. We do the show Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Make sure you hit that follow, subscribe or auto download button wherever you're listening. I will keep you updated on my podcast, the Ben Ferguson Podcast in those in between days, as so much news is breaking right now, so make sure you download my podcast as well, the Ben Ferguson Podcasts and The Senator and I will see you back here on Saturday for the weekend review, plus next week on Monday.
Speaker 1: Have a great night.