Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with reisent Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, we come, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Welcome home, y'all. This is episode thirty of Native Lamppod. We have the thirty thirty already. I'm your host, Tiffany Cross, and I'm here with my co host Angela Rye and Andrew Gillim. Welcome home, y'all. Hey, Yeah, it's been a crazy week. I have to say, like when it comes to politics, it feels like a week is an eternity in politics. So every time we get off air and we come back to the next week, it's like one hundred thousand things have happened. How have you all like processed all this information during the Trump administration? I always said like trying to cover him was like trying to catch confetti, And so sometimes I feel like something's like slip through the cracks. Some things I can't keep up with. I will tell you guys. Today I am looking at what is happening in with in the Middle East, So big news out of the Middle East. I'm curious what effect that will have on the administration. But by tomorrow it'll be a whole, whole other story. But how y'all feeling with with this new wind and swing in the campaign.
Speaker 3: I took some days off so well, you know, we're watching the news.
Speaker 1: It was your birthday. Birthday.
Speaker 3: Thank y'all for the love, and thank y'all also our listening family and everyone who sent you know, birthday shout outs. It was really overwhelming. Had a great birthday dinner, and then we turned the weekend over to the kids who all wanted to do breakfast with daddy one on one, lunch with Daddy one and nobody can cook but me, right, and that's putting it. Uh, but but had a great time.
Speaker 1: But can I ask real quick? Okay, so you're forty five.
Speaker 4: I hope it's better than that last president, though.
Speaker 1: Can I ask how old do you feel?
Speaker 3: Oh? It depends on and how I wake up. My back hurt and I feel you know, ninety yeah, and then some days I feel like a sprut thirty, you know, like our episode number. So just as they say, you know, aging number a number, it's more like ages like how you feel you're you're about how old you feel? But I feel really good, I feel really blessed and looking forward to this next three sixty five.
Speaker 1: I remember thinking forty five was old.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 3: I think I remember thinking forty five was and I think I still think it.
Speaker 6: But I thank you.
Speaker 1: They say forty five, like or old, is twenty years from wherever you are. So the you know, the older you get, the younger these older numbers get. I know in my mind, I'm twenty eight, you know until I talk to you. Look you look as frowyk you Well, I feel twenty eight Until I talk to a twenty eight year old, it is like no, chick, you and your.
Speaker 3: Forty talk to your own peers.
Speaker 1: Well, happy, belated.
Speaker 3: You'll have some time away too. Oh yeah, I'm just saying, y'a. I'm just curious, like, do y'all feel like you miss something when you were away? Or like, are you like whatever? I'll fit in where I get in when I come back.
Speaker 1: Now I's connected, But I think Angela was looking at her phone.
Speaker 4: I actually left my phone quite a bit TIF and I told you did. I left it quite a bit. It was great to get away. We have an annual girls vacation with the Machetes, and we had a good time. We made sure to send our brother Andrew a happy Birthday video from Mexico Video, and there will be some clips posted. There's already one circulating where Natasha Brown was getting a kiss from a sea lion and I didn't look too pleased or excited about it. So those things will be circulating. But I tell you what, I am excited about forty seven being Madam resident, not Madam Vice President. So I'm excited about talking about this and all the things in this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think let's get into it, because you know, there's so many opinions and so much information out there. And one of the things on Vacation Andrew that Angela and I talked about is I was saying, like, I don't want to spend a bunch of time, you know, picking over everything right wing Republican extremists say about Vice President Harris. I just, you know, like that, I just don't like it. But Angela had a different perspective, which actually like won me over and convinced me. So, Angela, what was your counterpoint to me saying I don't want to spend a bunch of time talking about that, A.
Speaker 4: Bunch of time time about west Side I was trying to check.
Speaker 1: Well, So Angela's point. Yeah. So Angela's counterpoint was, but people need to know what to say, you know, like when when they say, oh, she's a Dei higher, that's such nonsense to me that I'm like, why would we spend our time? Our audience knows she's not a Dei higher. But Angela's point was, I think we should arm people with a retort, you know, with a counterpright.
Speaker 4: No, I don't remember what I said, Yes, but that is true. You know what else, Taraji, I am a Deei higher and I'm proud of it.
Speaker 1: I think I'm about to tell you what is going on with Angela? Why did she call me Tai? I'm not talking about you, girl.
Speaker 4: Let me make my point about Taraji p Henson. What I was about to say was, I am a Dei hier. Kamala Harris will be a Dei high.
Speaker 1: You know a de I means now, definitely earned it.
Speaker 4: Definitely earned it. So I'm excited about claiming claiming our title.
Speaker 1: What's the Taraji forgive me for? Taraji posted it?
Speaker 4: She posted it, and that's what I said, relaxed, man.
Speaker 1: I know you're tech.
Speaker 3: She's being.
Speaker 4: Why did you call me Taraji?
Speaker 1: I didn't know all that would be a problem.
Speaker 4: I left her too, but you should have your own name. It's wonderful and you've done so many great things.
Speaker 3: But moreover, I love that that she's been so at the forefront, I mean putting. I mean we talked about Project twenty twenty five some time ago, but by and large, you know, I think everyday folks hadn't really plugged in. And then she goes to the bet wards, she shouts it out, she gives it. You know, it's time in this space, and it blows up as like number one search.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I appreciate this. D What is Project twenty twenty five? So shout out to Taraji and whatever else and shout out to Stoever. In this episode, Joy did the whole episode.
Speaker 3: She did an incredible executive Yeah, exacutive.
Speaker 1: So we're going to get into all of this on the episode. We're also going to talk about the VP stakes. By the time you are listening to this episode, there is a chance that Vice President Harris would have named her running mate, So we'll we'll get into that and we Andrew, I know you want to talk about the child Tax Credit, which means a lot to you for obvious reasons and probably a lot to a lot of our listeners as well. So let's let's jump right in. Do you do you guys mind? Because I want you all to know that Angela has been reading Projects twenty twenty five line by line, and one of our listener questions Donald Trump has been trying distance himself from Project twenty five out of the blue, and one of our viewer questions points this out, and I think it's a great way to kick off the show. So let's roll that question, Nick. I believe this is from Douglas. Gill Douglas, Hey native lampod.
Speaker 7: My name is Gil Douglas. I live in Dallas, Texas, and I don't actually have a question. I'm more like, have just a comment. As we are encouraging folks to have conversation around Project twenty twenty five, which I wholeheartedly support, I'm reading it myself. I also want to make sure that as we acknowledge and understand that Donald Trump is trying to separate himself from that manifesto, that he actually has a series of videos out there that speak to his platform, his intention around what he would do should he get into office.
Speaker 4: It's called Agenda forty seven.
Speaker 7: Now I've not listened to Agenda forty seven yet because his voice makes my ears bleed, but I am want to listen to it because I think there'll be parallels between that and Project twenty twenty five. And as he continues to say I'm not proud of Project twenty five that has nothing to do with me, then I think we need to encourage folks to go listen to the things that he has put out them there himself in Agenda forty seven. You'll probably be able to draw parallels between the two, but it allows us to have the conversation with him about what he's actually said while he is trying to distance himself away from something that we all know he will implement should he ever get elected.
Speaker 4: Thank you, y'all have a great one. Yeah, thank you so so much. I love I love our listeners and our viewers turning in these great questions and comments letting us know that they definitely feel at home. So that's the most important thing I will say. Donald Trump cannot distance himself from Project twenty twenty five. We know from reports I think three weeks ago, that one hundred and forty people are associated with project twenty twenty five, who used to work for Donald J. Trump, Right, So there's no distancing whether you call it project forty seven, project twenty twenty five, project throwback forty five, project January sixth, project Supreme Court, got bigots on it. Whatever you call it, it is Donald Trump's plan. They have been wanting to borrow in employees in the federal government who were partisan and would work the Heritage Foundation agenda since Ronald Reagan. Like, let's be very clear about the fact that nothing has changed. Their make America great again is to make America Handmaid's Tale again, and we're not here for it. So we know exactly what it is. We're not confused, and we can move right along. But I do look forward to getting more into the nine hundred pages where they take away more of women's rights, where they try to chastise and punish the LGBTQIA community, where they tried to make children work beyond what is okay for labor laws, all of that I would look I look forward to talking about how they would like to defund Headstart and make life more difficult for our seniors who have definitely served this nation and helped to build it, so let's talk about it another time.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's important for the viewers to know what exactly is in Agenda forty seven. And one thing a lot of people have given the Republicans credit for is the First Step Act, which we've talked a little bit about on this show. The First Step Act was introduced by Congressman Hakeem Jeffries. He did have a Republican counterpart joined him in that it was a bipartisan piece of legislation that was intended to correct some of the previous injustices when it comes to crime. Now, I never gave Republicans credit for this, I think, you know, because they pulled the knife six inches out our back. It was still in our backs. Nonetheless, and all of that work that they attempted to do they are now or attempted to undo. Rather, they are now reintroducing in both Projects twenty twenty five and Agenda forty seven. Some of those things include the death penalty for drug dealers. Now, one wants to define, well, what exactly is the drug dealer? If you sell in a nickel bag of weed someplace where it's not legalized, are you then eligible for the death penalty? Another thing. He wants to invest significant amounts of the federal budget into police hiring, more police, training, more police. That has not served us well. The last time we saw something like that was during the era of a George H. W. Bush, who tripled funding for criminal justice efforts that basically declared a war on black people. Donald Trump wants to implement stopping frisk programs across the country. And this is when someone can law enforcement officer can just come to you and stop you for any reason and frisk you. A lot of people already live in stopping frisk areas, whether it's legal or not, of harassment like this. We just saw what happened with Sonya Massey, which Angela talked a bit about last week. He also wants to abolish the cash bail system. We don't have to recount how many people have been negatively and adversely impacted by that, from Khalif Browder to the names that you've never heard who were just in prison because they couldn't afford bail. He wants to overhaul the Department of Education to allow miners to be disciplined. This is the quote unquote pro Life party who purportedly cares so much about children. He wants to take federal tax dollars and create something called American University that's free education. And you can imagine with the wars on things they're imagined boogeyman of critical race theory that really isn't taught in K through twelve, they want to ban things like that at this American University. I can't imagine what they would teach. So there's a lot of dangerous policy, and I wanted to exactly and I wanted to point out the crime part of this, because there's a significant number of people out there who misattribute Vice President Harris's record as a prosecutor. And one of those people, well is my friend. I love you, brother, and I appreciate what you did. And that's d o Hugh Glee. And he has since informed and educated himself and taken it upon himself to help educate voters and his listeners. So if we can, I want you all to take a listen to what Doo hughgly said and we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 5: I have said before, I used to repeat to some of the same things at nauseum that people are right now. Oh well, she blocked up a lot of black men. I lived in this state my whole life. I had an occasion to talk to her on several occasions. I accused her on this radio station, on this network of the same things that people are doing right now. If you are the people right now who are misquoting her record, we are not the same. If you believe that her locking people up from weed is worse than a man who says he wants to give Adope Talers the definitely we are not the same.
Speaker 6: If you want me to remember her.
Speaker 5: Past but not Trump's past, were not the same. If you want to remind me of her record but don't want to talk about Project twenty twenty five. Have you ever known the same black people that want to tell you she sold all weed and locked all these people up. I'll tell you they don't believe the twenty twenty five as Trunk's plan for a second for a second term. There is a reason for that. If you're telling me you're not gonna vote for her because she has a white husband, then we're not the same. Well, she ain't black enough.
Speaker 7: I tell you what.
Speaker 5: She's a black woman. She went to Oakland, She's from Oakland. She went to an HBCU. She's an aka. She had a boyfriend named Willie, and she.
Speaker 4: Got a name.
Speaker 5: First name is hard for everybody. Pronounced it sounds different than it's failed. That's black enough for me. But what I do know for sure is that she can win if we decide it is so.
Speaker 1: I mean, Viols a comedian, So obviously there were some jokes there, but very serious message Andrew, and I feel like he was directing this towards a lot of black men. Curious your thoughts and what is like the chatter you here talk about your issues?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Because I'm this personal regard to him, I do appreciate Fairs the example of learning from your past mistakes and being better and hopefully on the pursuit of continued betterment as we all should be, and moreover, hopefully setting an example for all of us that when we get it wrong, that we can, as loudly as we call out our wrongness, can loudly pronounce what is right. So I appreciate from him that example may continue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I take issue with a couple of things here too. I think it's important when we strive to fact check that we don't throw out things that also are a little incorrect, and even the highlight about Willie I deeply, deeply, deeply hate and I wish that he didn't. It's so petty, It's so petty and unnecessary. It gives them ammunition for something that we don't need. This is, you know, we're in a campaign season where I often say it's a political war where on another channel they can call Kamala the original hawk tool girl, right, So why are we feeding into any of that? Like I wish that he hadn't done that, I will also say that I wish that he'd said the actual number of people that were locked up for marijuana charges while Kamala Harris was DA was forty five people? Is that too many? Before? You know, marijuana was legal in some states? Arguably right, forty five. But let's compare that record to every other prosecutor in the country. Let's compare it to see how she did. And if you look at the things that she said, whether it was at the State of the Black Union, at Howard or was while she was running for office, she was a very progressive prosecutor at that time, and I think that her Senate record fulfills that legacy of being very progressive, progressive on criminal justice reform, on police reform, on voting rights, on black maternal health, on how we earn education, and how we earn a living. She has been extraordinarily progressive. And by that I'm not just talking about liberal right, I'm talking about someone who's thinking about the ways to move us forward.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad that you all added to what doo Heagley was trying to do. I do think it was with good intention, but I definitely I'm hearing you, guys. But we got a lot more to talk about because I Donald Trump, by the time you guys listen to this podcast, will be speaking to the National Association of Black Journalists, and I got a bone to pick about that. So we're gonna pay some bills and pick this conversation up on the other side. So we have been talking about this a lot in our group chat, I'll tell you guys. So the National Association of Black Journalists invited both presidential candidates to speak to their convention, which is happening this week in Chicago, Illinois. That in Harris had a scheduling conflict because she's campaigning, so she you know, offered what she could reportedly She offered a video, to which NABJA declined, and Donald Trump has offered to show up. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I think she offered as well a live chat sort.
Speaker 1: Of join remote, and they declined, and so Donald Trump accepted to be there in person to be interviewed by three journalists. I put that in quotes because one of those journalists is Harris Faulkner, who is from Fox News, and we all know that the challenges with that. I just want to say I do not agree with this decision. I strongly condemn it. Again, I understand that this has been the tradition of NABJ for a long time. You invite both presidential candidates, but to treat this like it's a normal election, like Donald Trump is a normal candidate. To me, this is what happens when black reporters take on the personality of white run newsrooms and then start moving with white sensibility. Donald Trump has been insulting to journalists, all journalists, but specific journalists in particular April Ryan, longtime NABJ member, Johnny Alsendor, longtime NABJ member, Jamel Hill, longtime Machete member and NABJ member, and our girl. He actually called for her to be fired while he was president. It is so disrespectful. There is a whole contingency of an LGBTQ task force. He is very or his administration, his policies are very anti LGBTQ. This is a place when we gather where we feel safe, and they have disrupted that. I don't like it. I don't like it at all. I think it's disrespectful and an embarrassment to NABJ and to me, they have increasingly proved they are less relevant today by making decisions like this. But Angela, I know you have thoughts, Andrew, you have thoughts, Angela, what do you think about it?
Speaker 4: I think, first, NABJ continues to be disappointment. I actually posted last night that this, to me is an extension of the harm that they themselves caused by not asking questions after your show was canceled three days before the election in November and they refused to really engage. And I think, to me, when you can't ask tough questions of networks, but you can ask softball questions in a range for a white supremacist, an insurrectionist, a terrorist, and a serial offender, questions because he said he wants to show up and he wants to know what the hell do we have to lose. I think that's highly problematic. You have an historic candidate who can't come because she's going to the funeral of a Congressional Black Caucus member, Sheila Jackson Lee, where Kamala Harris was very active as a member. You would think that they would understand the situation. I think moreover, you know, if they're to be fair to Kamala Harris's campaign, they did release a statement saying that all Donald Trump is gonna get up there and do is lie about the accomplishments he's made and done on behalf of black people. So I hope that they will rethink inviting her virtually so she can speak to the Zeta, so she can go to s jl's funeral and God rest her soul, but also be more mindful about what our obligations are as black people in media, as black journalists to cover. But this is exactly what Tip said. It's a safe space for her. Ain't never been a safe space for me. So I don't go there. I wish you all the best, and I hope maybe real soon, maybe this commision you elect better stronger leadership, that actually has integrity and knows what journalistic standards are all about, with the remembering first to do no harm, especially to your DU's pay members.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I've gone, and also not only have I gone, but I in different capacities professionally. I've funneled a lot of money to an ABJ because they function on sponsorship and contributions, and it's worth no voting. When they were vocal behind the scenes to me when everything went down with my show, they were silent publicly. It's worth noting that they take quite a bit of money from NBC Universal, So I don't know beyond those facts. That's what I'll say.
Speaker 4: When they select, they select which hands they gonna bite that feed them. You see what I'm saying. So a duce fand member they'll bite, a sponsor they won't, And hopefully all of our organizations can do better there. I know we got some conversations they have that our family talk, correct.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's real. I have to say. It does it does hurt when we have organizations like in the National Associated Black Associational Black Journalists who I think I probably connected most Tiffany to your comments about taking on and replicating white infrastructure and you know, a majority thinking methodology, when your existence might be different in this space. For instance, if what you exist to do is to perpetuate the same harm that's been perpetuated amongst you in white, largely white rooms of journalisms, of the of where the paper gets cut, where decisions get made, where editorial decisions to either prop up your byline or not, you know, are determined, it would just seem to me that you wouldn't then seek to replicate similar types of harm. That maybe it is worth asking why did we need to be set a part separate apart from the majority organization that exists in our honor and our name as journalists? What do we have to do differently to show up in this space that we don't have free license to do and therefore we need each other's backing in support to do. We don't create these organizations as a side just to be as sides. By and large, these separate organizations which cater largely to minority groups, groups that are underseen, underheard, promoted, and undersupport it needs spaces by which they get to experience that. And I'll just say, as a candidate for a state wide office in a state where black people are less than twelve percent of the state's population. It mattered to me when there were zero black journalists in the state wide press court covering politics. It mattered to me that the types of questions that I had to answer, the source of lambasting that I got from air editorial pages, by comparison to my opponents, who were far worse, I mean, just worse creatures, worse humans. I attribute to the fact that that there were people writing about this who had no sense or sensibility about what shared experience, because there was no shared experience that might exist on my road to leadership versus somebody else's. So when I draw back from this, it is I think it is important to have spaces like NABJ, But it's only important to me to the extent that they're helping to level the systems that so often level us in these professions. And I know good people who associate here, and I know they're not time wasters, They're people who are good at what it is that they do. I would seriously. I saw the president, one of the presidents or co chairs or whatever, on an interview on television earlier, and his comportment was so dismissive of the president of Kamala Harris, including referring to her as Kamala. Now, I don't know if they're longtime friends, but given the under which he spoke, of which he spoke, I have to assume probably not. Maybe they've never spoke. Maybe they are not friends, maybe they don't know each other life not friends.
Speaker 4: He had on a black undershirt. We talked about that as well.
Speaker 3: And therefore it might make sense, it might make sense to respectfully refer to her as vice president. He has no clue either way.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Andrew.
Speaker 3: We have to be better, do better. And to the extent that these organizations just become replicas of their majorities institutions, then it is of little use it as far as I'm concerned. And to the extent that you then rise up to level the systems that have kept you a pressing.
Speaker 1: In front of you're talking about the vice president of the United States and you're giving a press conference to reporters, you're speaking to reporters, and he was calling her Kamala like they just got a phone yesterday. I thought it was disrespectful, But I know there are people who have a challenge saying her name Angela. Yes, it's not me, Kamala and all this, and they do that right. It's not a mistake. It's with intention.
Speaker 3: I heard, I heard Doug has some advice for you. Oh yeah, definitely got some gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Not just for them, but for the man who was once commander in chief, much to our chagrin.
Speaker 3: Wh we roll that real quick, Nick, Well, I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 4: You see my times real quick wrote that real quick me.
Speaker 6: Mister Trump, I know you have so much trouble pronouncing, but here's the good news.
Speaker 3: After the election, you can just call her Madam President.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: That's easy.
Speaker 4: And here's the point.
Speaker 1: Doug's going hard with the bars.
Speaker 4: I just figured, I keep going go ahead to.
Speaker 1: I like your fretyle, I like your keep going, keep going. Give it to a hater, such a hater. Okay, can I tell y'all. I'm not going to get into it, but let me just tell y'all. So when we were on vacation, Angela dropped a five minute freestyle that was off the dome that was so good. And there is a video I don't know that released.
Speaker 4: Nerves be released, but just what I tell you. It was, y'all.
Speaker 1: It was dope.
Speaker 4: It was it was Okay, it got kind of rough on that third verse, but it was to the bankers. I apologize the remix for all my machetes. I apollo, and I'll leave it there.
Speaker 1: Okay, we gotta take another break. But before we go to break, Angela, I I just want to because we're gonna talk about more challenges on the other side, and I think we're halfway through the show. I would like to introduce a little bit of hope into the conversation, because you know, I've been feeling apathetic and I didn't see this, but you were telling us when we were on the phone this morning that Senator Rafael Warnock had something sweet to say. Apparently we did.
Speaker 4: We got We gotta run that thing for all the future and the kids that we have now out in the world, especially Andrews three, who he has locked up during the podcast. But they shall see freedom just like food, and they're comfortable at home. There's air conditioning. But I'm gonna I've read my niece and my nephews to get ice cream through Apple Bay after this, and we'll be back after this break.
Speaker 3: Oh, Lord.
Speaker 8: So I sat down and I wrote a letter.
Speaker 1: To my five year old daughter.
Speaker 8: She was five at the time, Chloe, and I said, dear Chloe. Today we confirmed to the United States Supreme Court Justice Kataja Brown Jackson in the history of our nation. She's the first Supreme Court justice who looks like you, with hair like yours. As we were confirming her, a friend of mine, the Vice President, suggested that I write a letter. By the way, she's the first vice president who looks like you. I write to say that in America, you can be anything you set your head and your heart to beat.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 8: I wrote that letter to my five year old daughter. I was so caught up with enthusiasm. I called on FaceTime to read the letter. She's five years old. She listened to the letter. She was not impressed. She said, can I go out and play now? She didn't understand that letter then, but she don't understanding in.
Speaker 5: A few years.
Speaker 1: I wrote that letter to my daughter.
Speaker 8: But Georgia, America, now is our time to write a letter to all of our children.
Speaker 1: Now is our time to write a letter to the future.
Speaker 3: All Right, So y'all know, you know, you know how I feel about these tech credits. I think I drop a mention of it nearly every episode, but I'm mentioning it today as JD Vance I think earlier this week in an interview, alluded to the fact that because Vice President Harris didn't have any kids, you know, the whole kitten child. Yeah, but Betty references her not having any biological children means that she would not have been four, alluding to the fact that she would not have been four, or in favor of extending the child tax credit increase, which is blooney, ludicrous, you know, any other word we can think of. But I did want to note that Senate Majority Leader Schumer decided to put on this week's agenda before the US Senate goes on its August recess, actually ring up that text credit relief for American families and just for those of us who haven't followed it closely back in January. The end of January, a bipartisan group of votes from Republicans and Democrats passed out of the House with three hundred and fifty seven votes tax relief for American workers and families, and a sentinel piece of it was expanding the child tax credit to cover sixteen million kids from low income and middle income families, lifting y'all over five hundred thousand children out of poverty, and just real quick, what it would have done and what it will do if it passes is the bill will raise the cap on the child tax credit for low income families, making all two thousand dollars now per chiut eligible for them to claim as part of their tax credit. And as you recall from the COVID relief package, those tax credit refunds came in phases so that folks didn't have to wait until reinging up and completing their tax work at the next at the start of the new year before they can recoup the benefits. The other thing that it did is the bill will stop the long standing discrimination against low income families who have multiple kids from being able to claim the entire two thousand per child. Before the government required if you were a low income family with multiple children, that you get the first two thousand on one kid and then it will go down appreciably for a future for other children. Again a penalty on those families who have multiple multiple children children. I think most folks who are watching this are not optimistic that it will gain the kind of Republican support that it's going to need the sixty vote threshold that it will need to cross over in the US Senate. But my hope is is that this is a piece of legislation that will be picked up before this Congress moves into a lame duck session or out of a lame duck session, and then it is recessed and the process would have to start, as you know, all over again. For those of you families at home who are following this, many refer to it as the Widen Smith Tax Reform and Relief Package. Please please, please, please please continue to follow it. Pressure members is incredibly important and again has the benefit of lifting over a half a million children immediately out of the federal poverty standards. It's it's it's huge, y'all. If it could could pait so well.
Speaker 1: The Democrats have the Senate, so I you know, think it probably has a good chance of passing.
Speaker 3: But Andrew, honestly, well, it's got across the filibuster threshold. That's where we are now, is that it won't cross the sixty the sixty voats that are necessary. Even though there is Republican support for this piece of legislation sponsored by both the Senate, by both the Senate Republican and a House and a Senate.
Speaker 1: So people really do need to press their elected representatives to make sure absolutely. Andrew, honestly, I'm really happy that you brought this up, because you know, I feel like the echo chambers I complain about every week if they focus on the same three story, same three sound bites, and it really is just an echo chamber of what we already know. If you watch the news at nine am, you're gonna hear the same thing by five pm if there's no breaking news. But in this particular case, there hasn't even been a lot of coverage on this in print media, and I gonna say none, but there hasn't been a lot as much as it should be. And I think sometimes if we focus on policy and informing the audience, everybody has an opinion. I don't really give a damn about everybody's opinion all the time. So these constant opinion panels that we see you leave and it's like, yeah, I know how these who gives a shit people feel I did not learn anything. And so this is something that has an impact on a huge pocket of the country. That we virtually heard nothing about. So that's why you tune in a native land, because we don't just opine. We try our best to inform. So I'm happy that that we talked about that. I think it's hugely important. Can I I just want to shift a little bit. I kind of love and I am enjoying that. The Republicans are absolutely shook, like they don't know how to deal with the black woman at the top of the ticket. They don't know how attack her, they don't know how to vibe with her. Donald Trump said, did y'all know she was sixty? I thought she was younger? Yeah, baby, because we a's like fine wine, okay, like y'll never know how old we are.
Speaker 3: But I want you to you. You see, he didn't make that comment about his vice president right exactly, because.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I thought David Vance was about fifty and he is not. But I want I want you all to listen to what jd Vance said. Now he does not know he's being recorded. This was at a fundraising event and someone recorded the audio of what he said about Vice President Harris entering the race. So take a listen and we'll discuss it on the other side.
Speaker 9: All of us were hit with a little bit of a political suffer punch. The badges is that Kamala Harris does not have the same baggage as Joe Biden, because whatever we might say, Kala Harris is a lot younger and Kamala Harris is obviously not struggling in the same way as that Joe Biden did.
Speaker 1: Is this a campaign for the hair? What it sounded like to me? And I just think it speaks to uh that that we are such an impenetrable force that they really don't know how to deal with us. Angela, you expressed you have won me over on another perspective that you had, and that is about Secretary Pete Boudage Edge. I mean, he's really made the rounds. He went on The Daily Show, which I do watch, I did not in real time watch his interview with Fox News. You know how I feel about people going on Fox News. He went on Fox News Sunday and was an amazing communicator and very compelling. I don't know how many Fox News viewers were receptive, but when I was watching, I was like, this is what Angela was saying, Like, go on there and beat them at their own game. Did you see that interview or see any of the stuff that he's been doing this week?
Speaker 4: I did not see it, but I know we have a clip, So why don't we roll that clip and then talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 10: Perfect, That's a real reason I think she's going to win. That most Americans already agree with her on the issues that they care about the most. Her stance on defending a woman's right to choose versus Donald Trump, who eliminated a right to choose in this country, well in the States, be fair, Let's be very clear. He is proud of the fact that he demolished the national right to choose in this country, period. And our country has watched our president lead, and yes, we've also seen the fact that he's ten years older than he was ten years ago. But unlike Republicans will take a look at Donald Trump and say he's perfectly fine, even though he seemed unable to tell the difference between Nicky Haley and Nancy Pelosi, even though he's rambling about electrocuting sharks and Hannibal Lecter. They say he's strong as an ox leaps tall buildings in a single bound. Well, we don't have that kind of warped reality on our side. On the contrary, the President confronted that reality in what must have been one of the most difficult decisions for an American president to make ever, and he did something that I don't think Donald Trump could even conceive of doing, which is putting his own interests aside for the country, trying to make people think that crime is up when crime is down under Joe Biden and crime was up under Donald Trump. Now, I don't know how often that gets reported on this network. So if you're watching this at home, do yourself a favor and look up the data.
Speaker 3: That great.
Speaker 10: So if you look this up at home, you will know that crime went down under Biden and crime went up under Trump. And I think the violent crime for sure.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 3: I think they not going to have her interview him again.
Speaker 1: Circles around that home.
Speaker 9: Let me take that.
Speaker 3: I think they retired here.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something at church, since I just called his lady at home. At church, they say, if you can't say a word, just wave your hand, secretary. Let me tell you Andrew, she said she cannot get a word in edgewise, and he got her so good. So this is my point. When you are strong on facts, when you know you're material, you go and you demolish the opposition.
Speaker 3: That is what you do.
Speaker 4: That is why Kamala Harris will go on the debate stage without Donald Trump, because she's still gonna stand on the strength of the facts. We do not have to be intimidated by Fox. Sure, it's nonsense, but people are watching that nonsense wall to wall coverage every single day. Go and be a disruptor. Sometimes, go and meet people where they are in their conspiracy theories, break down the myths behind all of those conspiracy theories, and do it with grace and class if you can. I already told y'all my ministry is not Fox News. I can't go on there. I'm gonna lose my whole career. But some of y'all can go on there with grace and clarity and conviction and fact check them and keep the host from even being able to get a word in edgewise.
Speaker 1: I think it's great, but he's a very I don't think the vice president should go on there. I do, like I know, I know.
Speaker 3: He's been doing this for a long time. Yeah, for a long time, and for a long time they were paired with interviewers who would would filibuster them to death so that they couldn't get complete thoughts all the way in. That was the power of that network. I've experienced at firsthand, where they interrupt and sort of you know, talk, you know, right over you. But I do think he's particularly skilled and would be skilled of that. And I'm not advocating for him to be the vice president's choice. I think I, you know, opined about who I thought should get it, you know, the last time we talked about this. But I think he's skilled, and I do think we ought to have surrogate voices on Andrew.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you this, do you think, as a former candidate, someone who successfully run multiple elections, multiple cycles, do you see any any any good coming out of a candidate going on a network that is not in favor of that candidate.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I do. I mean I went places you did all the time where we were not expected to show up and people respected you, even if they didn't agree with you, with showing up and treating them with respect enough to share your opinion, your thoughts and maybe contemplate their reaction and their response to it. So there's there's no doubt. But but but I, but I, I don't think we ought to get wildly optimistic in the sense that there is a whole swath in this, in this era of of of Trumpia, who will suspend with with with their own belief, with their own experience, with with facts, so long as it comports with with his universally described knowledge of what America is. They will look at numbers as say, crime is down, violent crime is down to a record low. We are the most we are the largest most massive producer of oil, you know, unfortunately, of in any nation in the world, and we've produced more than the United States ever has in the history of the world. But they will look at that, and they'll listen to Trump say, we're gonna, you know, get our mojo back and produce more oil than we ever have. Yeah, and we're gonna bring down crime because it's violent all over the place. Yeah. So it's I just don't want to delude us into thinking that there are whole swaths of Americans to be gained here by doing this. I don't think that's the reason not to do it, because I do think in close elections, you know, we can sway some folks and maybe in the right place is that one percent may make a difference. But we are, by and large, I think as a society really living in alternative universes. They're a venus and we're on Mars, and I think there has to be some coalescing of that and some recognition of truth in fact, if we're gonna make any advances in it. Right now, there is no recognizable truth, no recognizable fact.
Speaker 1: Do you think that resulted in tangible voters for you? Andrew? Sounds like you'd think it.
Speaker 3: Did I do because it got us closer than any other Democrat has in eighteen years running for governor of the state of Florida. And I wasn't like majority of them, and in most cases it didn't look like any of the previous nominees. But I actually think where we do best is when we go to the places that are most susceptible to our message. The people who want, who really want to believe, but their life example so far hasn't hasn't given them great reason to believe, or to organize or to vote, and start to give them real reason to show up. It's the difference that a polster makes between going after a registered voter who is a Republican versus a non registered voter who, if they were registered, would vote Democratic. They're always going to go with the one that's registered because it's closer to the action that you want them to pursue, which is voting, rather than the one who has a register and then choose to show up. And what I'm suggesting is is Buddhases and others ought to make sure that they're readily and repeatedly in forums of constistuencies that want to believe that want to go and do this thing, but they need the extra push, the extra pool to do it well.
Speaker 1: Some would say you won that election, but that's a conversation that we always have here. Before we go to a break, I want to play this listener comment because they're talking about what it takes to up that GOTV game. So let's take a listen. I don't know, I don't know if this person gave their name, but they're talking about battleground states in the words the Angela Nick roll the right quick.
Speaker 11: So I'm sitting here on the puge sound thinking about anybody that can hear my voice on an idea that I think will bring out voter participation five or eight four battleground states specifically, but all in general. Artists that are from there, musicians, athletes come together at a voterfest in those areas that we need desperately to have increased voter participation, notaries on site, food trucks, the whole nine those states that won't allow water across the street. Really, I think it could be a viable.
Speaker 4: Answer to the problem that we face.
Speaker 6: This is import tempt.
Speaker 11: That's why Angela Rah, you know where I'm at, Tiffany, we met Andrew?
Speaker 9: What up?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: I like the block party idea.
Speaker 4: What do you think Anthela just shout out to the hometown. I just want to remind of the viewers that marijuana is legal in Washington State. And the vibe that he was on, he had to be.
Speaker 1: He was going so slow.
Speaker 4: I was like, what is happening? Remember to say his name? He was like, Hey, what's that? You know where I'm at? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Welcome?
Speaker 4: So there's a reason he had a shades on. His eyes were sending real low. Okay, but anyway, No, I really like the voter fest ideas. I think that there are friends of ours that run these kinds of events. Andrew, you certainly ran them on your campaign. Natasha Brown does.
Speaker 3: Them all them together, love the time Black.
Speaker 4: Parties they do it with local organizations on the ground and what do I call black battleground areas that are just as significant to us as battleground states. I also think Collective Pack is doing some of that work. And what's the other one? There's another anyway, there are a bunch Black Pack higher Heights, there are a bunch.
Speaker 1: And so I do such a project.
Speaker 4: Yes, thanks, Tiff, I'm sure Andrew got something you can name too. There are a lot of entities that do this work. So I love the idea. My friend and Puget sound next time, I hope you give us your name, and I would encourage you to travel down south and catch our friends doing some of this work all the time. And yeah, maybe we can have one here.
Speaker 3: Obviously the music piece is the influence of celebrity. All there very important, certainly techniques that we tried in our campaign to stimulate vote voter turnout, but it can none of that, just to put it plainly, can replace what it means for you. The individual you brother on Future Sound going to five other people who you know motivate, registering them and then moving them to the ballot box. There's no influence on planet Earth as powerful as the personal network of you to your five friends, ten friends, whomever it is that you choose to influence. And that's why we've been trying to really sharpen and harp on this message of a ride with five you and five others. Make that the team that you're responsible for, and I promise you will see the results if all of us committed to do just that far.
Speaker 1: I love all those ideas, but in the meantime, keep enjoying those trees. If that's what you were in fact doing. All right, we gotta take a quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 11: Come.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 6: What's that family? My name is Michael. I'm a nineteen year old college students studying political science at the university in the Metro Atlantic area. I have followed all of you for many years, since I was in middle school actually, and throughout all of you all's trials and tribulations, it has only continue to inspire me to keep going, to keep fighting, continue to speak up for marginalized groups in our country. And for that I can never say thank you enough. But right now I'm at a crossroad. So the question is who do I need to be reaching out to at the local, state, and federal levels to join the fight. What do I need to be asking them at these levels to constantly be providing folks with true information instead of misinformation so that way they can make the best decision for themselves. In this country come November twenty twenty four, it is not common for me to find young people who are willing to speak out and represent for most of the younger community. But I also am trying to figure out where to start because I'm still a novice and to feel, quite frankly, but that that's not going to silence me. It's not going to stop me, it won't break me. I will not become complacent. Thanks in advance for you all support and your guidance. Love y'all.
Speaker 4: Welcome home, Michael, I love this so much.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: First of all, that letter that Rafael Warnock wrote to his daughter, I think that there's some inspiration in there for you too. I am thrilled that you are this involved in the process. Tiff is atl fam and Andrew is close enough, so I think they should definitely weigh in here, but I just got a little shameless plug real quick. I have a professional development program where we spend time on developing the activism muscles of young black folks. I hope that you will continue consider joining that because I think you'll find a lot of folks who are like minded. Michael, and thank you for following us. Since you were a small tot. It makes us feel old, but we're glad you're young.
Speaker 1: There's a place he should go.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's always up on the applications open up and it's on my Instagram, Okay, at Angela.
Speaker 1: Rai cohort, and they are quite impressive, so I love it. It's was it Michael, Yes, Michael, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was his name. Okay, Michael one. We are exceedingly proud of you, brother. And what I love about Angela's Fellowship is, yes, it is a place to plug in. But the truth is is sometimes our leaders need leaders, and our leaders need inspiration. And when you get yourself in common company with people who are trying to impact and make the same change that you're trying to make, you'll find that it's much more difficult for you to feel downtrodden alone. Feeling like you want to check out, or any of those other things that you you've already committed to not enduring. But by and by those feelings do tend to creep up. And so when you have a way to plug in, and I think Angela's Fellowship offers a great option for it, please please police supply. Lastly, I don't think any of us wake up trying to make history any day of the week. I certainly didn't. I can't recall if I ever had a day where I woke up saying I'm gonna my goal is to make history. I was always steered toward making some kind of impact, some kind of change about something that I thought was not right, usually something that interacted my personal life. And so don't feel like you're not playing on the big boy or big girl feel because you know you're not creating laws or writing constitutions every day. That little thing that you think maybe little may be the one thing that catapults your next work into the stratosphere and recruits hundreds of thousands of people toward it. So so so act where you are. I mean, I promise you'll get you where you want to go. I wish you you know I wish you well.
Speaker 1: So if you're looking for specific people to join in Atlanta, I have to say, first and foremost Latasha Brown, our good sister, Latasha Brown. She runs an organization, Black Voters Matter. I have never seen someone so committed to the call, so committed to the people. She has an extraordinary team, an extraordinary ground game, and she is plugged in with all of the organizations not only in Georgia but all across the country. They issue grants. So I would DM Black Voters Matter, or you could DM Latasha Brown herself. She's on social media Instagram, Twitter, But shoot her a DM and and somebody on her team. We'll get back back to you. We can flag it for her, so she'll be looking for your correspondence. But yeah, they are to me, just top notch, the with the purest intentions, and she just has like the soul of black folk in her heart. So that's my always go to starting point, not just for you, but for anybody looking to get in this fight. We have one more viewer question. Do we have time to get to that? Are y'all up for another one? Okay, So this one I think is Craig, you ain't got to lie, Craig, what you got to say.
Speaker 12: Hey, guys, this is Craig Knight coming out of Brooklyn, New York, and I'm on a podcast called the Six Degrees Podcast, and I just like to say, we're very inspired by what you do. So just in the spirit of that, just like you, guys have conversations outside of the podcast, so do we. One of my friends and I on the podcast, her name is Charlene.
Speaker 8: She thinks that.
Speaker 12: One of the reasons why the two party system, in her view, is impotent is because of what she calls white control trauma and white people's desire on the blue side and both the red and the blue side, because of their desire to control, has pretty much made.
Speaker 6: Voting sort of a non.
Speaker 12: Starter or non issue for black people because at the end of the day, they're always going to try to one control. So that's pretty much her theory on it. I'm not sure if I agree with it, but as you do, you disagree, we do too. Just want to get your thoughts on that.
Speaker 6: Also.
Speaker 12: One of the things that we do agree on as a panel, there's four of us. We also think that white voters on the red side, which is most of them, think that they have some kind of skin in the game if they vote for someone like Trump. But we think that the only skin that they have in the game is skin. So want to get your thoughts on that too.
Speaker 1: I like that question. Yeah, I think if you listen to this podcast, you know how we all feel. One thing that I have to say that really bothers me is when people are like, oh, y'all have some Democratic shields, and y'all, you know, regurgitating talking points and let me just say, the devil is a lie. Okay. None of us on here is trying to be a talking head for the Democratic Party. The party don't ask me for nothing, okay, and I certainly don't offer anything. We are always focused on harm reduction to our pe people. If we're a member of any party, it is the Black People's Liberation Party, because we want to see ourselves function and thrive safely in this country. And I think you know our mission, our collective mission, but certainly my personal mission that I've talked about is for the equality and liberation of black people and all people of color. And the unique thing about that is when that happens, everyone benefits. Now, when it comes to the white population, in this country, there are outside of people under you know, the working class white people and poor white people are certainly impacted by the same adverse policies in which we're impacted. But it's not a bad time to be a white person ever, So there is some truth to that. You know, it doesn't matter if it's a Republican administration or democratic administration. Previously, for a certain level of white person in this country, a college educated man, white man is not really impacted. Well, well, this proportionately the rest of society is. And so that's why I think sometimes you see on these cable news panels people are laughing and joking, and you go in the green room and everybody's laughing and talking. It's like if you just got off air saying something truly abhorrent and supporting Donald Trump, for example, I'm not key kiing and hahn with you in the green room, like you are the enemy of the people. And so it's not a game to us, it's not a sports as we're literally fighting for survival. So yes, this two party system is harmful to us. We did a whole podcast on third party candidates. I encourage you to have your friend watch that because we talk about how third parties could be impactful in this election. We're riding with Vice President Harris, but the third parties can certainly have an impact at the state and local level and eventually perhaps on the federal level as well. Y'all got anything on that.
Speaker 4: I just have a couple of notes. My suggestion as a fellow podcaster to my good friend Craig is don't put the light behind you you Unyes, you're going for a mystery feel. And since we tell everybody welcome home, I got to talk to him like family.
Speaker 3: I would tell you guys that, yeah, thank you, and no backlighting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't backlight unless you're given a mysterious vibe and.
Speaker 3: Which which totally could have been your mission, I could have been his mission.
Speaker 4: But I just, I'm just it's just a suggestion. I like it.
Speaker 3: Shout out to six degrees podcast, though, and I'm glad y'all are talking to each other, to friends and recruiting new listeners in the your sphere. Y'all know where I am on this, which is power power power. Power acts to protect power, power acts to maintain power, and people act in ways if they don't feel like they have the power they act in ways that get the most approximate to the power. And I think that's all people, and I think that's what we see happening in our political system. As one of my friends used to say, who was running for office wasn't a friend, was a colleague at the time. I'm not looking for everybody to vote. I'm looking for those who are voting for me to vote. And I think that's by and large how people who are running and maintaining office of thinking is. I don't I'm not trying to turn out an unknown. I'm not out here organizing just anybody. I'm organizing the people who I believe if they show up, they'll keep me in power. And you're voting for them because you're you're believing that you are approximate to the power, which means if they look out for themselves, then the next layer they're gonna look out for is you. And I get that, and I think that that's what has the other side most afraid that they will lose some closeness, some approximation to power, and then they won't have given the.
Speaker 1: Whole idea though about like you know, white control, I think Angela brought up something earlier about like going on Fox and how you know she might not be able to control her responses to them on Fox, and there is you know, some level to that I think I could handle Fox. I could you know, articulate an argument and debunk the ridiculous they say. But I do wonder sometimes she's these videos that go viral. People confronting you like that is the time, because you have to make a split second decision on how you're going to handle yourself. And one, you know, if if a white person is approaching you aggressively and you feel unsafe, and you feel threatened because they're in your space, you either have to decide to be dismissive. So if law enforcement shows up, they're gonna see this calm black woman sitting across from this irate, crazy white woman, or you have to immediately go spider monkey and let them know I ain't the one. And you pick the right one today. So we are going to revisit.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Andrew, I was just thinking the same thing I was gonna say. Ray Charles said it because you got.
Speaker 1: The right one. An important moment in black history. I want you to take a listen to the sound and you may remember.
Speaker 6: It, t.
Speaker 1: Rest, I'm still in moving boat.
Speaker 11: Moo.
Speaker 4: I just want to flag for the listeners, not the viewers that win. Sis says, get out there, young bucks. She was talking to the brother that jumped off the boat and like ram to help his colleague while he was about to throw them things. Y'all knew it was going down when he took that shirt off and was like, forget it on my money.
Speaker 1: I might alway Anniverse three you guys. One year ago on August fifth, twenty twenty three, the infamous or famous, depending on how you look at it, Montgomery Boat Brawl went down. We have dubbed it a holiday August teenth, and that was a revisited audio and I have watched that. I could reenact the whole thing. Probably. I've watched that tape about thirty times when I'm frustrated. I watched that tape. It was such a moment of unity amongst us.
Speaker 3: Collective yes impact, Yes.
Speaker 1: It was a collective impact. And I really think that's how we have to move as a community. You mess with one, you mess with all. I don't care if I don't know you. If I see something going down, I'm coming over my phone ready, to hear what happened with everything? Okay over here? I think people have to know because you only see white people act like that when they are not outnumbered. Then it's real gully. But if they know, I can't go over here and start messing with this little boy because every black mama around is gonna come over here and make sure this child is okay. Or I can't go over here messing with this girl or call her out her name or harass her because I know every black person around is gonna come and make sure she's okay. That is the superpower of our community. So I know a lot of jokes, a lot of memes and all that was made around this video. It was worthy. Some of those voiceovers I still I steal. I hope y'all want to take a little time and watch it and celebrate. What do we guys go to work on August fifth? Because anybody knows that?
Speaker 3: Okay, oh no, But it is worth saying that it was the young black kid who was aggressed upon by a fool grown adult boat of of older white folks who had been drinking clearly and basically disrespected jumped on.
Speaker 1: He was a grown man. He was the guy, the young guy jump you have my black aquaman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was there was that one, But there were the two young people who and they were all they were still younger in comparison to this group.
Speaker 4: Of both establed.
Speaker 3: Well there's that allegedly allegedly, but but it was, it was it was the victims here on original cause were these these two young black men or these two uh workers who apparently weren't moving quick enough, weren't reacting quick enough to the to the drunk voters.
Speaker 1: And it was the voters took the park the parking was young.
Speaker 3: They were trying to they were they they were they were accusing these uh, the two black men of not responding quick enough. They weren't hastening quick enough to to.
Speaker 1: Bochearity guard was telling them, please move your boat because the Harriet, yes the boat was actually called the Harriet was coming in. White voters had the inebriated white voters had their boat there, and the security guard was trying to explain to them, you need to move your boat. And they were being very aggressive with him and surrounding him, and he maintained his cool for as long as he could, and they got physical, and that is when he threw the black hat, which is now the national symbol for a black person. He took it off, and people saw the bat signal, and then black aquaman descended from the sea, and the nation of domination descended from the land, and it became a melee and lessons were learned, I hope, and they got dealt with. But listen, I will say this on a serious note. Had they been armed, this would have been a horrific situation. Had their not been people in place to bear witness to this with video cameras, we would have seen the impacts of the criminal justice justice system. Uh possibly arrest these people for simply defending themselves.
Speaker 3: Had heard a different narratives right.
Speaker 1: Exactly, or heard a different narrative had that young boy not been fit enough to get in that water and swim across and get himself off. Our health matters too. He was fit enough and he was ready to address it. And I just think, you know, the universe sends you lessons until you learn them, and I think that was an appropriate lesson to be learnt with the tuh.
Speaker 4: You learn today today. So I tell you, guys, what news I was about to say. If I go on Fox News on the anniversary of August teenth. I'm straight.
Speaker 3: I can do that.
Speaker 4: I can do that one. But just know I'm coming with the Mississippi Mass Choir group of Negroes. Be it's gonna go down on live air. If y'all go left, know that I'm not gonna people to judge, y'all. I'm throwing up that black hat. It's going down live entertainment, live entertainment, not even pay per view.
Speaker 1: Free for you.
Speaker 4: Just know August teenth, y'all invite me on. That's what we're doing from the land. And Andrew is shaking his head. He's so disappointed. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, brother. Normally I'm a perfection kid with you, but I just felt like it would be really fun and it would be pay back from the ancestors I.
Speaker 3: Want the can't.
Speaker 1: Violence is always the answer, and we're.
Speaker 4: Not even leading with violence. We're just saying no that it's an option.
Speaker 1: It self defense.
Speaker 4: It's self defense, you know, you know what speaking of I know we're over, but I just want to say one thing, and I'm just going to say it vague here. If you are going to offend our historic likely president by saying things that are not accurate, and then telling stories about situations with said presidential candidate that you know never happened because you're a to social media. That is also violence, and I would like for you to calm it down and to not lie on our people because August teenth is coming up. The least you can do is fact check your answers, make sure that you're not here making up things out of thin air. It's not a good idea, and just try to keep the peace with facts that is really important. In fact, tip I didn't even mean too, but that's my call to action for this week. Stop lying on Kamala hairs is my call to action this week. If you black, especially, don't lie Kamala Harris this week in commemoration of August teenth, I would like for you to stop, period, but please stop. If you got a platform, you know who you are. If you've got a platform, stop them lies. It's not cute on you Booth, stop them lies.
Speaker 1: Man, watch your mouth, don Apollo, Apollo, watch your mouth. I would echo that would be my call to action too, but not only to people who are addicted to attention, be it good or bad, for telling these narratives on social media. I pray for your wellness and for anybody out there, I pray for your wellness with that kind of narcissistic behavior. But my call to action would be to people who follow people who don't apollo, you know, people who follow people who spread misinformation, share responsibly, you know, either unfollow or don't share those things, or challenge the person. But don't assume because someone has a platform and they say this thing happened, that it's true. Don't assume that what they're saying because they you know, can can correctly, you know, get a conjugated verb that they are smart. There there's more to intellect and intelligence to going viral. I would argue that typically fools would rather go viral. The intelligent sometimes know how to shut the you know what up. So share responsibly.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a lot of misinformation and disinformation out there, So just watch who you follow, and watch who's stories you believe, andrew what you want for us.
Speaker 3: And concert with y'all. I would just say, I know, we're feeling really euphoric a lot of the community about Kamala Harris's ascension to almost democratic nominee for presidents soon to be. I would say the other side hasn't kept the race for president as close as they have because they have great candidates. They've kept it this close because in the case of Kamala Harris, when there is not a salient enough attack on her based off the facts, they go gutter, and unfortunately gutter still sometimes wins out. It certainly captures opinion and imagination. And so just know that we have to be ready every single day between now an election day to go to the hilt for what it is that we believe, and strong and unapologetic defense of the candidate that we support, because they may look like chaos, but it should terrify you because when they lose on legitimate grounds, they're legitimate grounds of fighting, they go to the illegitimate and those tools they have spent centuries sharpening. And so let's not go to sleep on this thing. This race is nowhere near the end, and it will change generation to generation day by day until we get to election day. Power doesn't see it anything easily, and it certainly doesn't see it without a demand, and we're making a demand right now, and it's going to stretch people, and particularly the other side beyond its limits. Is my fear, which is why we have to We have to stay ready.
Speaker 4: Stay ready, so you ain't got to get ready. Can I just tell you guys one last thing. Yes, please watch, I'm lifting my eyebrows. I'm flaring my nostrils. So you notice anything different?
Speaker 1: What your glasses?
Speaker 4: No, you don't see my fore hair wrinkles are gone. I got botox.
Speaker 1: Oh well we should have been.
Speaker 4: We should have you.
Speaker 1: Know, well, how did it does it?
Speaker 3: What does it do?
Speaker 4: But I'm frustrated because I told him I'm known for my Yeah, I didn't get it done. I literally got it where my foreheadlines are. But I told him I need to make facial expressions. I'm known for facial expressions.
Speaker 1: But I can't look and you say something to me. Man, Lets see how she looks.
Speaker 3: Straining?
Speaker 1: Casey, Wow your movement. You look gorgeous? All this okay? No they're moving. Look, yes they are, no movement. I don't see no movement.
Speaker 3: Be pretty steady.
Speaker 4: All it's gonna wear off in six months. But I'm going to get somewhere just less. I was like, I need to I'm known for facial expressions.
Speaker 3: Well, everybody's gonna know when I get it because all them wrinkles that show up.
Speaker 1: Andrew, you look handsome. Angel I want to let y'all know Andrew looks handsome we are when we were together in person. I even tell him like, Andrew looks so good. I was just with Angela on a beach where Angela and nobody's wearing any makeup. Angela looks super gorgeous. We were on a yacht. She didn't want to take pictures, and I'm like, no, stand up there on the and take pictures. Oh, that's because I need to lose, and she's only thing that she needs to lose. And when I say she got a tiny, little size zero looking body, I don't know what size that actually is, but it looked like a zero. So y'all are both some good looking people away.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Guys know Tip took pictures. They're gonna be out Freaking Lily after Freaking Lily. Stay tuned, all right. Before we end the show, I want to remind everyone to please be sure to leave us a review and subscribe to Native Land Pod. Sometimes I see we'll have like over one hundred thousand use and our subscribers are not that high, so I know y'all all watching, but be sure to subscribe please And as a reminder, we're available on all platforms on YouTube, you can follow us on social media. We are angela Rie, Tiffany Cross, and Andrew Gillam and there are ninety six days until election day. Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining the Natives attentional with the info and all of the latest Rock Gillim and Cross connected to the statements.
Speaker 3: That you leave on our socials.
Speaker 2: Thank you sincerely for the patients, reason for your choices clear so grateful to execute role for serve, defend and protect the truth, even if pay We welcome home.
Speaker 4: To all of the Natives wait, Thank you, Welcome y'all.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is the production of iHeart Radio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.