Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Driving the Great? Episode two twenty five ton to Do Today? Fun Show, Great night in the NBA last night, the first time in a while, Producer Daniel didn't have any you know, quippy NBA comments for me because his Nuggets got blasted by the Suns. By the way, that kind of annoyed me. I would like to I would have liked the Nuggets actually show up last night, beat the Suns, help the Lakers move out of that ninth spot. We'll get to all of that. Draymond Green could barely be bothered to show up for work all of that demands here wearing new shades. I liked the ones last time. More, I'm gonna send you a pair of nice shades. Now you're gonna lose them, which is unfortunate, but I'm gonna send them to you anyway. And I don't say that demonse is an indictment on you. It's just because sunglasses are like the number one thing people lose, which is why people tend not to want to spend a lot of money on them. But I'll send you some nice shades. I like the look. I just think the white framestone shar as good as the ones last week.
Speaker 3: Howr And I'm pretty good.
Speaker 4: I think I think I'll be able to hold on to them, though, Well we can take out.
Speaker 2: If I send you some nice ones, you'll hold on to them, Okay, all right, good, So I'll send you some nice ones, or I'll just give them to you in person when I see you in a couple of weeks. All right, Here's what missed the cut for today's show, Jade and Daniel's elbow. Everyone's freaking out because everyone uses the internet to see fake memes and stupid prank videos, and no one could take three seconds to Google a Bursa sack. Like guys, Yes, the elbow looks funny. No, there's nothing wrong with him. He does. It's just fluid at the bottom of his arm. It's all it is. You know how I figured that out? I googled it, good old let me see which one I went to yesterday. Com It did look photoshot. But then you're just like, hey, why would someone have that on the bottom of their arm, And the answer is it's a bursa sack. It happens to athletes. The I am fortunate that I am. I'm gonna be one of the you know, in thirty years, I'm gonna be one of the only people left that remembers how people what the Internet was created for, to find actual, accurate knowledge and information rather than nonsense conspiracy theories. Jim Harbaugh says he's living in an RV and classic category one by me instantly correct. The NCAA president heard our brilliant deposition on gambling on Tuesday. It was like, yeah, player props, we maybe need to take another look at those. So all of that missed. The cut. Demons were starting last night. I was locked into the NBA last night from about seven thirty Eastern until almost one in the morning. I was the league pass was popping last night, but I started at seven point thirty, which means I started about ten minutes after the early games tipped, which means I missed the entirety of Draymond Green's performance yesterday.
Speaker 4: Explained to the audience, all Right, yeah, so, on a must game win for the Warriors, Traymond Green got ejected less than five minutes into the game.
Speaker 3: Steph Curry seemed.
Speaker 4: To be visibly distraught about this, but thanks his late game heroics, the Warriors still got the win.
Speaker 3: All right, So what's the.
Speaker 4: Story here with Draymond? Or not what's the story here? But yeah, what's the story here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the story with Draymond? I mean, this was a game the Warriors had to have, right, playing a magic team that makes everyone experience forty eight minutes of hell on the offensive end because of how great they are defensively, a magic team that has been better than Golden State, and Steph late game heroics is the right way to put it, because he started four for sixteen but then hit two huge made two huge plays late. They end up getting the win despite Draymond's nonsense, and we are now to a place where the Warriors don't defend him. The Warriors aren't like, oh, it's unfair. And if you didn't watch what happened last night, We're three minutes into a game, a foul is called on someone else and Draymond freaks out, get a technical and then does the old dramon. So Draymond has now crossed the rubicon in this regard. Not that long ago, Draymond getting an early technical was kind of the best thing that could happen to the Warriors because refs were afraid to throw him out. He then could act like a total unhinged lunatic intimidate. The refs scream at him do all these things at without risk of getting another technical because they didn't want to throw them out. I think around the time, I don't know if it was the elbow to Nurkic or the choke of go Bear or what win it was. But sometime this year that has changed to where now folks are no longer afraid to throw Draymond out and he gets the first technical, the Warriors call time out. The entire team is trying to get Draymond to stop the referee is walking away, Draymond won't stop, and then he it could have been over, and he calls him the P word, the A word, and then either the B word or the N word. I'm not sure which, but in quick succession, bleep, bleep, bleep, and he's and the ref throws him out and Draymond didn't even react. It's like he knew it. Okay, yeah, I'm getting thrown out here three minutes into a must win game and Steph. The reason this is such a story is Steph appeared to be brought to tears, and that is I mean, Kerr like consoled him, put his hand on his back, and that is multi layered. I think part of it is God dog it, we need this game and now we're without our second most important player. But I don't think that's enough to bring Steph to tears. I think that it was bigger picture that Steph is realizing this is well, that's yeah, that's part of it. Here's another part of it. That's the like empathetic piece of it. And I don't say this with any judgment that's quote selfish, not in a negative way. Piece of it is this is just what the rest of my career is going to be like Clay. My guy is either going to be here as a far less version of himself, or he's going to be gone. Draymond, my other guy, has lost the thread entirely and is has less control over his emotions than any player in modern NBA history. And this is how my career is going to go. I'm thirty six years old. I am Whether Steph will admit this or not, he knows he is starting for the first time to show some real signs of agent. He's still a very good player. He is still a top ten player, but he's far closer to ten than number one. He no longer can just by the power of his own gravity and play Harriet team to contention, might not be able to even carry the team to the postseason. I mean, steps missed less than a half a dozen games and the Warriors are one game up on the eleven seed Rockets. And he's looking at it and saying, this is what the rest of my career is going to be. Mediocre teams, young players that aren't yet ready to win. My wingman Clay as a compromised version of himself through.
Speaker 3: Has he not.
Speaker 2: No Clay's played better lately, and he was coming off the bench. Now he's not, but he is. It is to me in Stone now that Klay Thompson will never be a great player again. That the you know what I mean? The Klay Thompson was a great player and the injuries made him. Now now he vacillates but between a average player to pretty good. But he's never like he might have a great night. But so my wingman is not the same guy, and my other wingman is actively working against us. And so this is Steph's just staring at his basketball mortality with no reinforcements. And Steph now is going to I it is a weird spot, Demons. But Steph is now going to be forced to make a decision, and that decision he could be forced like it comes starting this offseason. And that is what is. And I, by the way, I want to say this on the front end, I would not judge him at all for either decision here. He has obviously more than earned the right to do whatever he wants. He is as Steve as Steph. As Steve Kerr put it, he has carried the weight of the franchise on his shoulder shoulders for fifteen years, but he now thanks to some Warriors miss draft picks, thanks to Clay's injuries, and thanks to Draymond's total unpredictability, volatility, and regression as a player. Steph staying with the Warriors and competing for anything close to a championship or deep playoff run, those two things are mutually exclusive. Say that is it is no different than if I were to say I want to retire in my hometown of Kansas City and live on the ocean. Gotta choose. Impossible to do both, and so Steph Curry now thanks to a lot of factors. But I would argue the biggest of which is Draymond's total inability to control his emotions and the Warriors decision to reward him with a hundred million dollar extension. Right, Steph now has to choose. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I get, I get it's not bawling out over there, uh in Washington. But do you think the Warriors still made the right move keeping Draymond green and getting rid of Jordan Poole.
Speaker 3: I think the Jordan Poole with.
Speaker 4: The Warriors, there was something there before, and I think it was because he was with the Warriors.
Speaker 3: I think that could have been unlocked, and he probably not.
Speaker 2: I don't think I listen, I don't think Jordan Poole would be a day frinch maker for this Warriors team. Uh. But it's the you. You could have. You could have made the decision do a hard reboot on everything. You could have made the decision to try to reboot on the fly around Steph, and they they made another decision. And so now Steph Curry has to choose what is most important to me, retiring a Warrior or competing for championships and or even for it, even if it's like, all right, I don't even I've got four rings, I've been to six finals, I've won two MVPs, I got my finals MVP. I don't have to compete for a championship. It'd be one thing if like, okay, the Warriors were capped out at the second round of the playoff, that they are gonna fight for their lives to make the play in. They are not one of the fifteen best teams in a thirty team league, and a lot of people have to wear that. But everyone else here's I guess my last piece of it. Everyone else is at least doing their best. The front off has made some mistakes, but they're doing their best. Klay Thompson wants to be great again more than anything in the world. His body won't allow him, but he's doing his best. Draymond Green has the easiest job of everybody, just don't be an asshole, and he can't do it, and so it's.
Speaker 3: And it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Put his guy Steph Curry and seeing that, Seeing that, Draymond, seeing that reaction from Steph Curry, I feel like she should hit a switch, Like I think if you go ahead, you know how I know it didn't. Did you see after the game what happened? So Steph, Steph hits the three and then does a very emphatic Night Night that It felt weird that he was doing it as long as he did it and as angrily as he did to Orlando. I understand Orlando is good this year, but it's like, give me a like. Steph doesn't typically do that in a regular season game against the Magic, right, Like the night Night celebration is kind of reserved for bigger moments. Right, he did that, then he went over to the bench and angrily kicked his chair in the tunnel. Draymond is waiting for him smiling doing the night night like we're good buddy, good job. That is not the disposition of someone that realizes the gravity of their actions. Yeah, so I feel for Steph. I do know that the two iconic guys of this era are obviously the two most iconic, Lebron and Steph. I know. I'll tell you this much right now. Lebron wouldn't be waiting around now and again, that's not a value judgment, but Lebron would not be like, Okay, yeah, so I just can't compete for titles for the next two years, so be it like and again on his team, Well, you know, that's very interesting. They're very close friends. Uh, don't put this part on social media if people are watching, and they can do it like, I haven't talked about this publicly at all. Lebron, to his credit, and I'm probably hurting it here, attempted. The producers don't even know this. You're the only one that knows this. Lebron, to his credit. A tempted to personally reconcile Draymond in my relationship, trying to kind of bring people together, and he loves Draymond and a lot of a lot of folks love Draymond Green the person, but Draymond on the court, his lack of impulse control is historic, and this story you can there is a I understand that the Warriors don't become the Warriors without Draymond Green. There's no question about that. He is an all time legendary player. But a lot of people believe they would have won the championship in twenty sixteen if he doesn't hit Lebron in the groin and get suspended. I don't believe that a lot of people do. I think everyone agrees their title defense would have gone differently had he not punched Jordan Poole right before the season started. And everyone must acknowledge this year would have gone differently if he wasn't suspended for a quarter of the season due to on court violent X that after which when he said, I'm I'm changed, I'm this, I'm that he now last night's getting thrown out of a game three minutes in? All right? Next?
Speaker 4: But quick, where do you put Draymond Green up against ron our tests Like as far as crazy Hypeness, I'm not saying met a world peace because he was Rona Tessa when those things were going on.
Speaker 2: So Ron was. It's an interesting question. Ron to me, was more dangerous. The stuff Ron did could could really really hurt people. And I know Draymond's little spinning backfist into Nurkics could have really hurt him. But Draymond's stuff is dirty but not dangerous typically, right, even the choke of Gobert wasn't dangerous. The the flailing his legs up aren't dangerous. But the two most dangerous things Draymond has done have happened in the last year. The stomp on some bonus's chest and the spinning backfist into nirk Those are those are dangerous. But Ron, I mean, Ron had some of the most vicious elbows you've ever seen. Ron also famously, you know, kind of incited a riot, you so, But but Ron didn't have as much beef with the officials as Draymond does. So it's like a different there. It's it's day, right, Draymond's closer to Rodman in that regard. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 4: All right, So Monday, Anthony Davis went off carrying the Lakers to the win with that end of the game block in double overtime. With Davis on the bench last night Lebron had a triple double, he got a dub. So they've had very healthy seasons from their star players. So would anything short of a finals appearance be a waste of a season time sticking Lebron.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. I I don't think that you judge the Lakers as finals appearance or bust because they're not the best team and they don't have the best player. If you're the best team, Boston right now is claimed to be the best team. If they don't make the finals, it's a massive disappointment. The Nuggets have the best player. If they don't make the finals, it's a massive disappointment. You can say if you want ad Milwaukee to that list, because Milwaukee has an argument that they have the best player and they made massive moves off season. If they don't make the finals, it's a massive disappointment. Everyone else is graded on a different scale, which is it depends on how it looks and how it goes, and so I don't I thought last year was excellent. I thought the Lakers last year went as far as they could have gone. Maybe they could have gone one or two games against Denver further, but they weren't beating Denver last year. They just weren't and you have now that further verified by their performance against Denver this year. So no, I think Lebron and the Laker I think Ad being healthy. I think Lebron having another phenomenal season. As the oldest guy in the league. Lebron now has scored more points in year twenty one than the rest of NBA history put together. I think all and the Lakers are if you if you were to say the Lakers are the second best team in the Western Conference, you could make that argument. You absolutely could. What they've been after the first fifty games, they're like seventeen and seven there that is that right? Seven to sixteen and seven something like that, regardless, like there's there's real argument to be made. This is a very good team having you know that after some fits and starts and dealing with some rotational injuries, is getting better. I this I have now said this specific take on multiple platforms. I'm gonna say it again here. And I'm curious what producer Daniel. I don't know if we can get producer Daniel or resident Nuggets fan his mic up or him on the air. I don't know if that's possible. I should have asked them beforehand. Daniel. Can the audience hear you? Okay? Yeah, I can hear you. Good, here's my question. Okay, so the audience maybe can't hear you, Daniel, So don't worry about that. This is I should have I should have prepped this earlier. Uh So, I'm just gonna I'm just going to uh give my take on this, and we'll see how Daniel feels about it. Oh, the audience can hear you? All right? Great? If I were to tell you the Lakers and Nuggets are guaranteed to play in the postseason, as a Nuggets fan, what round do you want that to happen in? The Lakers and Nuggets are definitely gonna play, and let's just assume neither team suffers a significant injury. I understand that's not a fair assumption, but let's just for the sake of this thought exercise, the Lakers and Nuggets are gonna play. What round do you want it to happen?
Speaker 4: Oh, the later the better, because if Ady and or Lebron are tired at the end of the series, I'll take that versus round one with there's extra rest.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, that's that I think is the exact correct take. And so here is thank you, Daniel, and I can I can hear you still the Here's why I bring that up. The Nuggets are better than the Lakers, and if the Nuggets were to play the Lakers in a series, they would be the heavy favor I said on Cowherd's pod. And then one of those absolutely worthless basketball aggregation Twitter accounts took seven words I said on the pod, put it out there, and now it's just it's one of those viral sensations that is a literal quote, but it's the same account demands that when we were talking on this show about uh going, when I said to you exactly right when I said to you, guess the three teams I would like Lebron to go to. This is a little quick story and you know, getting tricked on the internet, I said on this pod. And then we'll get back to the Lakers, Nuggets, thck to Demonse, there's three teams I want Lebron, I personally would like to see Lebron go to. And we said like the Calves, we said the Sixers, And then I said, Demonse, can you guess the next team? And demand said the Heat, and I said, quote exactly, the Heat are absolutely the next team. And these these these worthless Twitter accounts tweeted out the quote the Heater the next team nick right on Lebron James, which is technically accurate and wildly misle right because I was saying the next team on my wish list, and they presented it as if I were reporting that Lebron's next team is gonna be Miami. So this same account took the quote of me saying the Lakers should want Denver and round one contextless, and folks understandably are like, oh my god, this this this fool yeah, this guy. When my take on this to me is to me very logical and common sense. If we operate under the assumption that the Lakers, in order to make the Finals are going to have to beat the Nuggets, the round they have the best chance of beating them is round one. The games are not every other day, you have more rest and Lebron and they will be the freshest they will be at any point in the postseason. So if you're the question is, if you're a Laker fan, would you rather what is more valuable to you? A greater chance at a deep playoff run with a lower chance of making the finals, or a greater chance of being bounced in round one with a greater chance of making the finals. Because I think that if they play the Nuggets in round one, they probably lose. But I also think the only round they would have a realistic chance of beating the Nuggets is round one. And if you were to get past the Nuggets in round one, all of a sudden, you now you can start talking thinking big things because Lebron can't play forty four minutes every night every other day, but he might be able to in round one, where you have two days sometimes three days between games. Round two and round three, you're every other day. Furthermore, if the Nuggets don't play the Lakers in round one, they're probably playing the Rockets or the Warriors or somebody that they will just wash out. And so in that scenario, the Nuggets have swept a team, the Lakers are in a seven game war, and then then all of a sudden, you gotta face them like none of those things which should be attractive for the Lakers. Now, there's no real way to game it out, because the Nuggets right now could be the one, the two or the three seed, and so in my opinion, the ideal realistic scenario for the Lakers is this move up one line in the standings to the eight seed when play in game number one, become the seventh seed, and then get the nug and have the Nuggets be the two seed and take your chances. Now you again, you that probably means the Lakers season is over after five games of Round one. But if the goal is a make give yourself the best chance to win a title, I don't think you have. I think your chance of beating the Nuggets in the conference finals is half of whatever your chance of beating them in round one is. All right, next?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So, uh, San Francisco seems like they're ready to go all in on Rock Party. Yes, as GM Jed York said, it's a good problem when your quarterback is one of the highest paid guys on your team and in the league. That statement might make a lot of sense for quarterbacks like Justin Herbert or Patrick Holmes. Do you think that makes sense for Rock Party? Are they going down the road?
Speaker 2: Well? A couple of things, And on clarification, Jed York is closer to team owner than GM. John Lynch is really the GM. I know it's listed as GM. I should have fixed that. Jed York is the CEO and basically the owner of the team saying this, it also should be noted. But per the CBA, they're not allowed to pay Party this year, so they have to wait another year, and Jed York can say whatever he wants. I guarantee you the Niners are not one hundred percent certain they're paying Brock Party. Yet there's not and we'll see how this year goes. My guess is that after this year they find a reason to wait another year and see they've got him for the next two years at a million bucks and they can use the franchise tag. This guy's got no leverage, and deep down, when he's being honest, Kyle Shanahan knows what everyone knows that the moment Brock Party where to go from one million fifty million dollars and you have to pluck away a lot of those weapons and that roster he is not going to be able to carry you. And I think Ile Shannan's a great coach and a brilliant offensive mind. And I said this about Tua and Mike McDaniel, and I will say it about shanahan and Purty. I grade McDaniel and Shanahan on a curve of look at what they're doing despite the limitations forced upon them at quarterback. If either one of those guys sign off on that quarterback becoming one of the highest paid quarterbacks in football, that curve goes away, goes away entirely, and you are now listen. You are judged as if you have a great quarterback because you paid him as if you were a great quarterback. Speaking of great quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: An interesting, interesting debate ignited online yesterday. If a hypothetical draft allowed you to choose between Caleb Williams, Trevor Lawrence, or Andrew Luck coming out of college, who would you pick? For those watching on YouTube or showing a tweet?
Speaker 2: But so this is just based purely on their pro profile, right, Like this is based on pedigree. If they were all fresh out of college in the same draft, I would have it. I me, personally, I would go Caleb, Trevor Luck. In reality, it would go Luck, Caleb Trevor, I think the the I think Trevor for me personally, Yeah, that would be my personal what I thought of them coming out of school, Caleb than Trevor, than Luck. What the general consensus would have been as far as like the what scouts would have told you, it's Luck than Caleb than Trevor. And this is the difference between pedigree, profile, how what type of prospect you are and what type of pro you are? The what? And I also think era kind of matters even within this small decade long sample, Caleb is more valuable today than he would have been a decade ago, because today teams are more open to the mobilerick, you know, quarterbacks that cannot exactly right, quarterbacks that can operate out of structure. But Luck was considered the best prospects since Lway, and Luck is still considered the best prospects since Lway. They Trevor was considered the best prospects since Luck. Caleb is considered the best prospects since Luck a better prospect than Trevor. All right, quick break, come back talk a little Caitlin Clark, and then some NFL over unders do that next, What's right? All right, welcome back in episode two twenty five, What's right in the right Before we get to the NFL win totals. Demonte let's talk to Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Yeah, So Kaitlin Clark is a bigger lock to go number one in the w NBA than Caleb is in the NFL.
Speaker 3: So the INDIANAFA fever.
Speaker 2: Equal locks. That's that's incorrect, equal locks, but go ahead equal.
Speaker 3: They were just saying, JJ CA, I haven't heard any.
Speaker 2: Time nobody, hold on who said that? Hold on pause? Who said JJ McCartney might go first over Caleb? Nobody said expected him he might go second. No, no, no, no no. Jim Harbaum maybe said that he should. But the Bears drafting Caleb number one is minus four thousand, I think. But go ahead, just keep going.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So yeah, ice Cube seemed to confirm that he offered he offered Kaylin Clark for his three on three Basketball League five million dollars to join the league over the summer.
Speaker 3: What would you do if you were in Kayln Clark's shoes?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is where I like ice Cube a lot. Ice Cube's son oddly really doesn't like me. Oh Shay Jackson Junior, Yeah, well he's uh, he's an actor. He was in that what was a great heist movie? Uh, Yeah, that was the He was in an awesome movie. I wish I could oh Den of Thieves. He's been in a bunch of stuff. He obviously was in Straight out of Compton, but he was in Den of Thieves, which is a great movie. And I'm not trying to disrespect ice Cube. Put me down as not believing this. Put put me down as if the If the story is that Caitlin Clark has the opportunity to join the Big Three and get a guaranteed five million dollars, If that is the story, I do not believe that to be accurate.
Speaker 4: I do not believe you think she should have obviously have gone it taken taken it up?
Speaker 2: Uh I I I don't think that. Let me let me see if I can find this real quick. I found it yesterday. So the I I don't think that the Big Three.
Speaker 3: Has five million to give the No.
Speaker 2: I think they have five million, but I don't I think it would. I think five million dollars represents too large of a percentage of the Big Three's total value to make this story the way it is being presented accurate. Now do I think it's in play that there is an offer for Caitlin Clark to play in the Big Three and get what is being purported as five million dollars of value. Sure is it? You know, gets a percentage stake in the league, which if the league is valued at X and your percent is why that's worth four million bucks plus will pay you a million cash? Yeah? Maybe, But if what is being if it is being if the story is Caitlin Clark can play one season of the Big Three and get a check that you can go to your local bank and cash for five million dollars, she will obviously do that, and I just don't think that's gonna happen. I think that this is really good publicity. I think it's interesting, this was what we have. We don't do a great job these days of following up on stories or asking to me the obvious questions of the finer details of stories. So I could be proven wrong here, but I don't don't believe this story as it's being reported, and you can be like reported ice Cube said it, I do not believe that Caitlin Clark has the option of getting five million dollars in cash money to play in the Big Three. I don't think that's true. And so we'll see, We'll see if I'm right. Uh, just go ahead and mark this down. My guess. My guess is the offer is substantially less cash and a lot of theoretical equity or something that on paper you can say has a five million dollar value. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Kind of sound like a hater right now, but just kind.
Speaker 2: Of why Why do I sound like a hater? Let's talk through. I'm being serious. Let me hear, because I'm sure a lot of people agree with you.
Speaker 4: Five million dollars, Like, there's no way Ice Cube could have offered a five million dollars to come play over the summer.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's Kaitlyn Clark, She's huge. It'd probably be the biggest star for that. I don't know who's been in ice qu'es Big three league, but probably one of the bigger stars.
Speaker 3: That's no, she.
Speaker 2: Would be the biggest, huge straw all of the above. I you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and make the announcement. I haven't publicly said it, but I'm gonna go ahead and make the announcement. I've got on the table sitting out there, a ten million dollar offer for Patrick Mahomes to replace you. Demonse on the what's right with the great podcast? Now, you might say, Nick, how do you have ten million cash? Well, here's the way that that offer is gonna work. Actually, I believe that this podcast would instantly be worth fifty million if Patrick were to sign up for it. So my offer is actually a twenty percent ownership stake, which at a fifty million dollar valuation, is worth ten million dollars for him to take your seat offers out there ten million bucks. That to me is more likely the line we're taking, rather than I've got a check ready. So we'll see. You can call me a hater. I call myself a uh realist with a slight dose dose of healthy skepticism. But we'll see, and I'm sure some intrepid journalists will follow up on this story consistently, So we'll just see. Let's go to NFL totals.
Speaker 4: All right, We're we're doing we're doing gambling Goldilocks today, NFL WIN Talking edition. We've got Yeah, that that's really cute. Where's okay?
Speaker 2: I didn't? Oh I was. That's pretty good guy.
Speaker 4: This is how it works, NFL win told us for twenty twenty four dropped, So we're gonna dig in with gambling goldie lucks. So start first off, we got the Bears at eight and a half in twenty twenty three, they finished with a seven to ten record. Does Keenan Allen and Caleb Williams equal two more wins? Is the eight and a half too high?
Speaker 3: Too low? Or just right for Chicago?
Speaker 2: Too low? This is one of my favorite pre you know, preliminary bets. The Bears are gonna win at least nine games. I mean the very listen. It's not just Keenan Allen. It's it's a full year of Montese sweat. It's whoever they draft ninth overall, which could be the second best tackle, the third best receiver, Brock Bauers, an impact defensive player. It's Keenan Allen's DeAndre Swift is the different moves. They've made a massive upgrade at quarterback. They won seven games last year, and so yes, I love the Bears over that is too low? Next?
Speaker 3: So called that one.
Speaker 4: The Chargers have lost some key pieces but should be rebounding. Plus they have Jim Harball coming in to turning things around. Is eight and a half too high? Too lower?
Speaker 3: Just right for the Chargers?
Speaker 2: Just right, and listen, I think that this is gonna be year one of a on the fly rebuild. They obviously, and I don't think they're gonna draft Marvin Harrison or Elak Neighbors at five. I think they're gonna trade out of that pick and acquire more picks. I think that is a prime spot for Minnesota to trade eleven and twenty three to get that pick. So because of that, I do not I simply don't see ah. I don't see a quick turnaround for the Chargers. They'll be better than last year, but last year they won like five six games, so I think eight and a half is just right.
Speaker 4: Next all right, The Bills gutted their team this offseason, but it seems that Vegas can't quit. Josh Allen, their win total did not budge from last year.
Speaker 3: Is ten and a half? Too high, too lower? Just right for the Bills, just right.
Speaker 2: This is right, Listen. They I would be very surprised if they won nine games. I'd be very surprised if they won thirteen games. Ten eleven, twelve is right where they should land. And so the if I had to bet on the Bills, I would actually go over because I think that Vegas has will get to him in a moment, but overvalued the Jets, so I think that they probably have the Bills splitting with the Jets like they did last year, so I think this is just right. I think that the Bills are probably eleven and six, so ten and a half is just right next all right.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys didn't have the best offseason either, but I guess they do get to play the Giants twice. Is ten and a half too high to low? Or just right for the Cowboys too low?
Speaker 2: So Dallas gets four games against Washington and the Giants obviously two games against the Eagles, so they should be five and one right there. They've got the Let me, let me get the rest of their twenty twenty four schedule. Make sure I have it right. They're cross. They get the NFC South, which is, in my opinion, the worst division in football. So you get Carolina, you get New Orleans, you get Tampa, you get Atlanta. They get the AFC North, which is brutal, obviously, and they have the first place schedule. But the Cowboys win twelve games every year.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: The question for the Cowboys is not are they you know, gonna be good in the regular season. The question is the postseason. So I think that's too low. Next, no one knows what to do with the Jets.
Speaker 4: But now their quarterback, now that their quarterback won't be vice president, they actually have a decent roster on paper.
Speaker 3: Is nine and a half too high? Too lower? Just right for the Jets?
Speaker 2: Too high? I mean, I just I don't. I don't understand the smoke surrounding the Jets. People like, ah, they won seven games last year with bad quarterback play. Aaron Rodgers is gonna be forty one years old. Guys this season, he's coming off in Achilles. They they are they They decided to replace their old injured offensive line with old injury prone players. They have the maybe the worst coach in football. Like that that they're not gonna win ten games, So that to me is absolutely unequivocally too high.
Speaker 4: Next, well, it finally be the year that you quit the Jaguars. Dumb questions, should I just say too.
Speaker 3: And can we move on? Is eight and a half, two high, two lowers, just right for the Jags.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, it's probably just right. So here's the thing. I really, well, no I trust Trevor, but I hated their offseason. Obviously the division got better in that it's year two of C. J. Stroud and the Colts with Anthony Richardson coming back could be interesting. I don't love the Jags offensive coordinator. I don't love the GM and so I want to believe in the Jags because of how much I believe in Trevor, but I don't love the roster and so you know, fighting for one of those final playoff spots is probably how this is gonna go for the Jags. It's unfortunate, it is squandering Trevor's rookie contract. It's unconscious some of the mismanagement they've had with this team. And last year it was you know, they were eight and three and Trevor got hurt, and everyone wants to pretend like that didn't happen, but that is what happened. This was an eight and three team and their quarterback got hurt. But I losing Ridley, spending money where they've spent it, I just don't think it's smart. All right, So there is a quick look at the we'll do the whole league post draft for the over unders take a quick break come back. The Chiefs signed a rugby star will do that and answer your questions. What's right? Welcome back in What's right with Nick?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: All right? Before we get to the listener questions, de Monsey, go ahead, talk to me about the Chiefs and the rugby guy.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: So the Chiefs signed a rugby player to play running backslash wide receiver. This is an outside of the box move and definitely very Andy reidish.
Speaker 3: I feel like, what do you think about this?
Speaker 2: So a couple things. One is people got to understand and this is a free roster spot, so there are different because the NFL wants more international players, there's different rules. If you sign an international player doesn't count on your ninety man roster, and if he's on the practice squad does not count against the spot on the practice squad. So it's a he only counts on your roster if he makes the actual game day fifty three man active roster. I don't think it's to play running back wide receiver. I think it's to get a look at him with the new kick return rules. I think that I think that there is real intrigue there and Andy get a free look at it. The other person that I think for the Chiefs could actually be really valuable in the return game. Yes, they're not gonna cut him because his contract's guaranteed. He you know they're gonna He's gonna be moved down the wide receiver depth chart by the draft, by Hollywood Brown, all of that. But with the ball in his hands, he's dynamic. So I think this is I think it is an intriguing free look at a guy that I think is actually super sharp by them, and I like, all right, let's get to the listener questions.
Speaker 4: Uh, Peter Deeve said, Nick pushed the Luca MVP agenda. MAVs are very close to the four seed.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they're if they were to get to the four seed, you could make the case. The fact of the matter is Joker's gonna win the MVP. This has kind of been set in stone. I think Giannis has a legitimate case. I think Luca has a legitimate case. Joker as the defending champ when people thought he should have won last year. I'm fine with him winning it, but Luca being so far down the odds rankings, to me, is is ludicrous. But Joker's gonna win it. Tatum does not have a legitimate case. Sorry, he's on the best team.
Speaker 4: Next, So Ali, whose idea is it's to start start doing the post show interviews on first things?
Speaker 3: First, they're so great.
Speaker 2: Our great social media producer Laurie gets credit. Wilds will try to take the credit, but Laurie gets all the credit for that. She does a great job with all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Next, Rico Am asked, who do you think the Chiefs could get in the first round that would truly be an impact player.
Speaker 2: I want Lad McConkie, the slot receiver from Georgia. We've never had that type of player with Mahomes, he's the guy I want. I know a lot of people thing Troy Franklin or Adam and I Mitchell the different wide receivers. I also, if one of the excellent tackles falls, that's what they should do. But I don't know if any of those great tackles are gonna fall. Next.
Speaker 4: Okay, Indy xtent question for Nick, what are the chances that Jerry Jones tries to pull a Chiefs move by trading up for quarterback in round one?
Speaker 2: I think that's unlikely. I think that there's the the the quarterbacks are gonna go so high that I don't think that's a likely move for Dallas. I also think I don't think they're excited about moving off Dak. I just think they're open to the possibility of moving off him in a year. All right, and then uh, go ahead and the go ahead, and let's do Ryan Heffernan's demonse.
Speaker 4: Ryan Heffernan, if you don't answer a Royals question on opening.
Speaker 2: Day, well, listen, there haven't been any Royals questions. I mean, go Bobby wit Junior. Bobby wit Junior is the only like the Royals are not gonna be really good. The question is do we have a superstar? Hopefully we do, and hopefully we can build around it. Like that's the reality of it. And I will you know, my interest in Major League Baseball's regular season is directly correlated with if the Royals are good. When the Royals were good, I used to get MLBXRA. I was watching regular season baseball all the time when the Royal stink I'll see you in October. So this is probably a i'll see you in October baseball season. And then Prime Lebron said, there's a bunch of dorks behind the camera because we showed the control room. That's unfair. And there's a couple doors behind the camera. It's not everybody. I mean, it's it's not it's not everybody. Here's a couple dorks behind the camera. I'm not gonna you know, name names, but that's just a couple that was that was unnecessary. Prime Lebron all right, great job everyone, great job. Demand's a oh and Patrick mahomes in for the show. See just now, I am gonna take a shot at the producers. Yeah, guys, producers. Just so you guys know, I understand you guys worked very hard on these photoshops. If I very clearly and intentionally skip over the question in in the rundown that allows me to bring this up, it's probably because I saw it in preview and didn't think we should put it on the air. Just for the record, it's not like, oh, Nick missed it. Let's make sure listen, you miss one entrepren of the shots you don't take. I'm not mad at you for taking the shot. But if I say, all right, that's it for the show, let's move on, don't just jump me with the graphic that I thought was, you know, maybe not white camera ready that's all. Demand's great job producers, great job listeners, great job. See you guys on TV today at three.
Speaker 3: What's right?
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget. We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bells so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get demands another plaque, so like subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,