Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed.
Speaker 2: It's spooky.
Speaker 1: Hey, jooky, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, Hey, I gosta biros dress lands. Hey, Rah's dress less. Here you guys. Those tickets to the live show October nineteenth at the Cavern Club Theater. I can see it del Campo. They're flying off the shelves like hotcakes. That's the thing that people say, right, I don't know. The people are buying tickets and I cannot wait for the show. So if you haven't done so yet, make sure you're going to get those tickets. You can go to the Cavern Clubtheater dot com or my Instagram bio where it's on the Facebook group, the Facebook page, all those things. It's in Los Angeles and maybe it'll be in a city near you soon. I got a story. It was sent to me by Juanita, and it is a story about a paranormal experience in college that she had. Her paranormal experience happened in college her freshman year. This is when I lived in the dorms, She says. Background on these buildings, they were built over the old ones that were destroyed in the North Ridge earthquake in nineteen ninety four. Oh, that was here in California. Okay, word is the six point seven quake killed students, and no doubt explains all the visits that I got. I got lucky. My roommate never came home, so I had the room to myself. I was used to sleeping alone at this point. One night, I woke up really quickly, but laid there unable to move. My eyes were wide open, and I felt like I was being stared at. I moved my head to the right, and there staring back at me is a college aged guy in a red and black flannel with dark eyes and dark hair. Okay, listening his glare and stare said everything, pay attention to me now, Okay, never mind, he's not hot anymore. I was so shook that I blinked to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. It wasn't a dream, and he was still there at my eye level, intimidating me. I blinked quickly and he disappeared. He didn't revisit me, but I did have more experiences with lights in the shower turning off when the room's electrical box was locked. In the bathroom area that was also locked. This happened to all the roommates and would be really scary. I'd have soap in my hair and then the lights would shut off and it'd take your breath away for a bit. I felt like this guy was a prankster, but also pissed off that he died or that his homies left him or something. Maybe he didn't die in the quake, but some other collagey or tragic way. Ooh, that sounds terrible. A while later, I moved across the street from the dorms into a new apartment. This was a cinder block apartment that had roaches, drug labs, mold, shared bathrooms, upstanding neighbors, and all the accoutermentths of luxury living. Oh, she's funny. I was with a friend hanging out partying, and we're hearing running up and down the halls. My friend peeks through the eyehole and he sees no one. He sits down, and as soon as he sits down, there's a knock and then the stairwell door slams. No running sounds. I wonder if the guy from the first dorm followed me there and was having fun pranking me, But dude, try not to be so scary about it. That came from one Nita today on the show. I have one of my dearest friends. He is a truly an icon of comedy and a local favorite. He's a theater a thespian, and I hope that you see his latest work, which is called Happy Birthday Doug. Here he is Drew Droghi. Ladies and gentlemen, I am joined by a dear friend and somebody that I've been honored to share this stage with many a time. Drew Droghi.
Speaker 2: Hi, Rise, Hi, how are you, darling.
Speaker 1: Good I's spent a weekend with you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, in the basement of Casita del Campo.
Speaker 1: Our favorite place.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it kind of is my favorite place to perform.
Speaker 1: It's definitely my favorite place in Los Angeles, just as a whole. Like it's just it's and we have talked about it on the show that some people believe that it's haunted. You may be one of them.
Speaker 2: I am actually experience.
Speaker 1: But the last thing I ever want to do is make people think that it's a spooky, scary place. It is like it is just their love. It is gay, it is colorful, the food is delicious, and there's so much fun, campy theater, comedy.
Speaker 2: And the best cup secret. It's one of the few things that I think locals know about in LA But it's not a touristy thing to go do, but it feels like such a cool, underground thing to go see some weird usually drag comedy show in the basement after eating rice and beans and drinking marcrats. It's the best. Just it's a it's such a complete evening and it's just just like comfort food, comfort comedy.
Speaker 1: Yes and yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's been there since the early sixties. Rudy del Campo, who was a dancer and Westside Story and his wife like created the restaurant and it's in this very family place, and then the theater has been the Cavern Club has been around since I think early nineties, mister Dan says. And then but the haunted story of it was that, you know, it used to be a like community what do they call it in churches when they have like the fellowship Paul, Yeah, I saw how it wasn't a church, but it was like it was where they had it was where a church used to have dinners, and like you know, like covered dish suppers and all that kind of stuff, and there was a young girl who was trapped down there and there was a fire in the basement and she died down there, and so there've always been stories about a little girl down there and our friends Selenae. I don't know if you've had Selenae. We did, okay, so I don't know. She told this story about like there was a ghost hunt, yes, and but she also like had ah, what is it called a medium come in and like where are my words today and basically do a reading and say that there's energy there and it's all in this like one area. It's like back in it's it's and this will be nothing to anyone listening to this, but you'll know exactly what I mean. Where Sam and I stand like over kind of backstage, in this one little area, she said, it's really heavy. So for me, what happened. We were doing the Facts of Life, and which we do an all drag version of lots of TV shows. You and I just did The Golden Girls last weekend, and so we were doing in the Facts of Life, and in that particular show, everyone else plays all the girls on the show, and so they are on stage the whole time, and I was missus Garrett, so I kind of popped in and out. So I had a lot of time where I was just back there by myself. And there was a number where Sam all the characters had like talent shows they're doing. I love that. I'm telling this story. It's so crazy. So Blair we do like a thing where they all have a talent show and Blair does a tap dancing number. So it's all pre recorded tap dancing and Sam is pretending to do his own tap dancing and it goes on for way too long and it's clearly false and it's comedy at its richest. And I was back there and I don't know if it was something about like the noise of those tap of the tap dancing or whatever, but I heard full voice right behind me. I heard a little girl say I want socks. And I turned around, I go what, like, I just it sounded like a little girl had come backstage behind me, and it was so clear, and I turned around. There was nobody behind me, and so what is that all?
Speaker 1: Yoh?
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh, that's the ghost And I am not scared of ghosts. I think they're wonderful, and I like welcomed the energy, so you know, and it's sort of there's something weirdly comforting to me about that, to know that like there's this there's energy around us and even at that place. You know, it was like, yeah, I heard it full voice. And then I told Jackie. Jackie beat was in the show. I told her about it, and she was like, oh my god, that gives me chills, and you know, and and she also was like, that's exactly what an eight year old girl would say, like I won't say it, not like he but ghost. I'm speaking like me. I've got chains and said she was just so matter of fact and I don't know what caused it, but I didn't feel any sort of danger at all. I just was like, oh, there's a girl back here, like it immediately made sense to me. Wow.
Speaker 1: And then she probably tries on our wigs when we're not there.
Speaker 2: I bet she does well.
Speaker 1: Selene also said that a man came through because there's like another story about somebody like getting shot or something. I don't know, but there was a man that they heard the voice say. I want to Margarita would.
Speaker 2: Be one of our drunk patrons who comes to show.
Speaker 1: I mean, you never know, but so it's definitely a good energy.
Speaker 2: It's good energy there because but Jackie said a few days after that happened that she got to the theater early and saw just this like something in the lighting booth, like saw activity in the lighting booth, and was like I couldn't make couldn't place it in what it was, and so interesting.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I'm really ghosts usually like love me, but obviously, and I've worked there so many times and I only one time. I'm not sure if I was just freaking myself out or if I felt a spirit, But it's interesting that those ghosts there are kind of like you're a little too thirsty for it, like you're.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what it is. I wonder if it is like you know, you look for love too hard and you're like you've got to let it happen and be aware of it, or I definitely don't ever, I don't know my my other interaction, like when I moved into my old not the place that I'm in now, but the place that I was in for like about six years in Lost Feels, I just like made peace with a ghost and then I was fine, but we had some very had some really weird stuff happened. What so my place I was in, I was living in those feelas in an old place that I looked up and had been built in the forties, and it had like an old like an old timey ironing board that folded out of the wall with an old timey iron that hadn't worked in forever. But it was like it was. It looked like some weird prop from some of in and like cabinet. It was really cute in there, but it it was very much like you know, of the style, and no one had been there for a really long time. And my friend it was a duplex and my friend lived in the front unit, and when I moved in, it had been like six months since anybody had been in that place. I don't know why. The landlady was old and insane and she just didn't she wasn't active about getting the place filled. And I guess she had all the money she needed and just didn't need to rent the place, I.
Speaker 1: Guess, or or running away, I know that screaming.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I was thinking. Because the rent was really cheap. It was a huge place. It was in Los Felis eight neighborhood. Yes, and I was like, this is too good to be true. And so I when I first within, like I mean just a few weeks, maybe a month of living there, I had a light that was in my closet. I mean I had this well, it was a really wide apartment, and so like on the other side of the kitchen there was a room where washrom dryer should be, but my crazy landlady wouldn't let us have a washro and dryer hookups in there, so we just had this random mud room off by the kitchen where I kept all my costumes. So that was just like my costume room. And because I like to separate my costumes from my real clothes and try to remind myself that I'm a person, sometimes I wish I have And so it's honestly like when I was like, this is a luxury that because I did not, I have not had that for many other times. And so I there was a random light, this light bulb that would just start turning on at random times, and I never pulled the switch. I'd never tried to turn it on, but I would say it was the kind with the string. It was a string like with a string old raw light bulb hanging out of the wall in the mud room where I never went in. But also I would wake up in the middle of the night and it would the light would be on. So something would wake me up, just a light popping on and it was on the whole other side of the apartment. I wasn't like it was at all in my vision, but I was woken up and I had to go in there and had that light would be on and I would turn it off. And that happened like at least twice, if not three times. Like at times that light would just pop on and I would wake up.
Speaker 1: Did you ever hear the like the pull.
Speaker 2: No, No, I just I would. I was something would wake me up. Yeah, I don't know what it was. And then I would be like, that light is on all the way over in the apartment. Then one night or also middle of the night, three in the morning ish, the my bathtub was pouring hot water, like just full blast water blasting out of my bathtub. Wow, I mean out of the faucet into my bathtub, I should say. And it woke me up immediately, and I was like, why is my bath on? Like it's just running hot boiling hot water.
Speaker 1: Are you the kind of person that's like, maybe it's so something going on with the water pipes.
Speaker 2: It's just a weird thing for that just to just start, because it requires you turning the knob. You know, it's not like because it would be one thing if I couldn't get it turned off and the pipes. But I went and turned it off and it was fine. So something turned it on.
Speaker 1: But do you instantly go okay?
Speaker 2: I started to think I'm wondering because also, like, what's the other logic there's someone in my apartment doing things like that's even crazier to me, honestly, because I mean, in a way it's like, well, how did someone get in? Then I had my real moment with the ghost. And this was after all these other things had happened. I woke up in the middle of the night. I was unable to move, so I was just penned down to the bed and there was a figure standing above me, and I don't know, male female. I had no idea what it was, just this shape and I did hear there was a creek in the wood wooden floors, and I heard the creek, so there was some weight of some sort involved.
Speaker 1: You heard the creek, like.
Speaker 2: As if someone was standing there. Oh okay, And then it got on top of me, this thing and started not really fucking men, yeah, but it was like checking me out. It was like on top of me, and I felt some weight on me, but it wasn't like human weight. It was just it was just it was pressure that I felt on top of me. Wow, completely checking me out. And the craziest thing in retrospect is that I wasn't scared at all, Like it nothing about it freaked me out. Really, I just I was very calm. I couldn't move and I couldn't speak, but I just tried to communicate to this thing because and I was blinking. I was seeing my apartment around because I kept thinking like this is a dream, but I was like, no, I'm awake and I'm in a different space.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to picture this though, like could you see eyeballs or just like.
Speaker 2: No, no, I just it was dark, it was in my room, but I just I saw the outline and like the shape of a person on top of me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I just communicated like I'm cool. That you're here, if you're cool that I'm here, like we can live here together. It's all fine, this is cool. Whatever you need to do right now. And then the next morning, I woke up and freaked the fuck out. I was like, what happened to me last night?
Speaker 1: How did it end? Did you fall asleep or it disappeared? No?
Speaker 2: It it it it it got off of me and sort of disappeared. And then I went and I went back to sleep. But I was very calm the entire experience.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're so different than me.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I it was so strange because like I freak out it all kinds of things and I don't know, and I just and I woke up the next day and I was like, that was so strange. It was so vivid. I mean, you know you it. I mean, I'm not gonna say there's no way that I didn't dream the whole thing, but it felt so different. I was so aware and so awake and alive in that moment, and I wasn't like and nothing weird like beyond that happened. And I'm seeing around my I'm very much taking in my bedroom and I'm seeing everything so nothing. It felt very much like it really happened.
Speaker 1: That's what scares me so much is when everything seems just as you know it, you know, in everyday life, the same thing I like about like horror movies and things. Yeah, everything just seems normal. But there's one thing that's not supposed to be there, right, and that's what scares me.
Speaker 2: Well, It's like why I love night mrand elm Streets so much because they they did. They were amazing with that as everything looked normal and then all of a sudden you're like, oh, oh shit, she's actually dreakings a dream. But in real dreams, my dreams are never that logical. My dreams are chaotic, nothing really makes sense. I'm never in my real space. I'm always like back somewhere from my pastors and some weird other thing, and it's I don't dream that logically, I don't think that. Logically, I don't think and so I I this was like a whole different sort of place I was in for this moment. And it was also like, I feel like even in a dream, I would be really scared if something is on top of me. And it was honestly just like checking me out. Like how cats get on top of you in the middle night, okay, and just sort of like kind of make their territory and want to and they kind of need to establish some sort of dominance in some weird in their own mind. But it doesn't feel like, you know, you're really threatening me or anything. But it was like how an animal would get on top of you and just sort of like just sort of like check you out. And then then after that happened, I never had anything else. And I lived there for six years and I never had anything else.
Speaker 1: Maybe it like was originally threatened by you, and then I had a moment where it was like, oh, okay, you're letting me know we're both safe. I'm cool to be here. You're not paying rent.
Speaker 2: And I yeah, exactly. And I did google the place and I was like, has there been a murder here that crazy hasn't told me? And there was nothing, I mean, there was nothing that that I could find online that it ever happened there. Because I was like, that's what I was feeling.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, I've heard stories of things like that happening to people that aren't necessarily because of a you know, horrific death that happened in that building. Sometimes it's like something you're going through in life that attracts some kind of energy that you know, maybe somebody had something attached to them and they gave it to you and then it followed to home, or like it could be a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: And it's also like you really never no. I mean, like they're legally supposed to tell you if something has happened in your space, but how do you even things change hands with people, and it's like, how would you? I mean, I'll never forget. I was at a dinner party with a friend and I think they still live there, an older woman I've known her husband for a while, where like we have mutual friends, and I was talking to her one night and she was like, we you know, and she said, I we also live in Los Felis and blah blah blah, whish something about like houses and you know how expensive it is and I don't know, some stupid adult conversation and she was like, well, we really lucked out because we were able to pay cash for our house. We moved here so long ago, and she said some really low number amount of money and or maybe she didn't even tell me the about I don't know, but she was basically saying that, and she was like, and she goes, well, it's kind of a complicated story. She's like, because we moved here from I think Iran or Syria, maybe from Syria. And she was like, she was like, it was nineteen seventy, didn't have these rules and blah blah blah. And she's like, we have moved to this great neighborhood, in this great house. And she goes, and then weird things started happening. She's like, in our driveway we were getting spray people were spray painting things like we're coming back and it's not over, and and just these really weird, cryptic messages spray painted in our driveway and I never understood what that was. And then we were watching let's say sixty Minutes or something, and they were showing the house where the Mansons murdered the Lobbyancas.
Speaker 1: They live in the LaBianca house.
Speaker 2: They live in the Lobbyanka house. Oh wow, And she said, that's our refrigerator, that's our kids. We're sitting in the den where they're showing. Nobody told and nobody told them, Well.
Speaker 1: That is like a stigmatized property or something. I believe it's the term. We've talked about that on this podcast before, like the Amneyville house, all of those things, like you have to because also people are driving by and take pictures.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's that's the most annoying thing. And she thinks that the spray paint in the driveway was just was just weird fans because Manson so many fans like and and still has those weird people that that are not actually like members of the Manson Maily, but are just just totally like it's cool to go. And that's got to be the worst part about living in a place like that, all the drive bys and people taking a picture in front of your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, did you know that it recently was up for sale? It was like it was just.
Speaker 2: So maybe they maybe they moved people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And they did a visual like open house that you could a digital open house that you could do online, so like of course of course to see what it was like. And pretty like within like a week or two, the guy from Ghost Adventures, Zach Beggin's the ghost guy, he bought the house. Wow, so they might be getting ghosty up in there.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's weird. Well, I asked her about it, and she said she had no problem living there. She's like, I have no Just to her, it was like it was like, yeah it was you know, this horrible thing happened there, of course, and I'm deeply sorry about that, but it just didn't bother her at all.
Speaker 1: So you asked her, like, are there ghosts in there?
Speaker 2: I didn't ask her that, but I just said, what's it like her? And what did that freak you out? I remember she's like, you know, no, I feel like, you know, she's like, she's like if you trace. I mean also, she's from the Middle East, and I think it's a different thing where she's like, their land is so old, I mean, their property is all so old that she's like, wherever you're gonna be, something bad has probably happened in that space. So you know, that was kind of I think her attitude about it, whereas here we're like we're only two hundred years old, so it's way less likely. But to me, I'm like, if it was like, oh, you know, somebody died tragically here, it'd be like, oh that would I don't know. But when someone is horrifically murdered. And the if I'd known, I could not stay somewhere where I know the Manson family had been No, like, that's just that I could not do with, regardless of what I just know.
Speaker 1: But also it's it's such a beautiful home too, Like it really is a gorgeous home when I was looking at it.
Speaker 2: Well, they lived there for what forty years I guess, and or more, and we're very content, lovely people, like there was no sense of like I don't think it ever haunted them.
Speaker 1: But good lord, oh my god. Well you know about the other lowspheeless murder house.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, there's I mean, tell me there's there's a doctor or yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe it was like a dentist and I think he murdered. I hope I'm getting this story right. He murdered like his wife and kids, like in the middle of the night one night, and maybe kills himself. I can't remember. All I know is a father, was a dentist, and a lot of murders and children and a family, and then the house was like abandoned for years and it was like a thing where people would like go like look in the windows or break in and like everything like hadn't been touched for like years, it's like the fifties or something, and and somebody bought it recently and then shortly after living there they moved out and it was something that like literally was abandoned for like forty to fifty years, and then some like this young couple moves in and then they're like.
Speaker 2: Bye, yeah, well you have to think about two. When that energy's trapped in there for that long, it takes over and you really are an intruder. You're coming in it for forty years and like these these you know people are you know, if they're all their spirits are trapped in there then anyway, Okay, okay, so.
Speaker 1: You encountered okay, yes, at the Groundlings, you encountered a spirit or no?
Speaker 2: You know? So I have a friend who who yes, who told this story on my podcast a years ago. She was performing in the Grounding. Growndings is sketch comedy improv theater The LEDs around for since nineteen seventy four, and a lot of famous people have come out of.
Speaker 1: Their former podcast guest Cassandra Peterson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, because Sandra Peterson was a groundling and I mean all these SNL people from you know, uh, you know, Will Ferrell, Kristen Wig, Melissa McCarthy, Elisa Kudro. I mean it's you know a lot of people have come out of that place and you and me, yes, of course. And so anyway, there was a girl who was in the in the Sunday Company, which they're the they they perform and put up new sketches on Sundays, and it's always a big cast. I mean I was in it one time with nineteen people and everyone's trying out new sketches every week. So you're seeing people in crazy costumes and wigs, and so sometimes it does take you a minute to check like who someone is, because you see your friends who you're working and writing with every week, but with a big cast, and it's sometimes you're like, oh who was? Oh my god, Oh my god, you look so do you transform? So she said she was ironing back backstage at the theater, and she said that somebody came up behind her wearing a really loud Hawaiian shirt and I like, like a captain's hat.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a really fun person.
Speaker 2: And tagged her on tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and said, she saw it in such a flash. She was like, who was that? Like, which person in the company? Wan like? And and then ran out the back door. This person ran out the back door, and she was like and it just hit her as like, I literally have no idea who that was? Who just hit me right now? So she ran outside followed this thing. There were people who were who were probably spray painting props out by the back door, because that's usually where you go and you're like working on crafty things up by the theater because you're writing and putting up new sketches every week. So there were two people outside working on something and she said, who was that that just ran out? And they said, no one, No one ran out here, and she goes, somebody just ran out the back door. I just chased him.
Speaker 1: Did she see the door open?
Speaker 2: No, because she was around the corner. It's like a long corridor like around the other things. So she just had a moment of like, oh wait, who was that and by that point she saw it go that direction. Yeah, So she was running out and it's loud and so you don't really know like the doors. I mean, it was just one of those things too. She just was like, I need to find out who that was. And so anyway, she told this ghost story and I'm now here's where I don't know if it was me that thought this, Here's I immediately knew who it was. I was like, that was Phil Hartman. I was like, because he, I just knew. And now here's the thing. I'm not sure if someone else suggested that to her in that moment, but I was like, it had to have been because she was saying it was definitely a ghost, because in that point she was like, that was a ghost then because it was no one. There was no one in the show that was dressed like that the rest of the thing, and you know that night in the show, and she was like, that was a ghost, And I said it had to have been Phil Hartman because he built the theater. He was a carpenter and actually literally built the theater, and he paid for his classes. He was a carpenter and just took classes for fun on the side. And everyone says that, everyone said he was the most lovely person ever, and really the groundings was the was the place where he was the happiest, and he was the only that he was so happy. Friends of his who were you know in the performed with him, said that he was the first person to actually mention the Groundings on like late night shows when you know, when he was on SNL he would go and do things and said, I got my start at the Groundlings Theater in la and said people who had come before him never really gave credit to the Groundlings, like filled it. And Phil came back and did so many things of the Groundings and he had such a horrible home life with his wife and ended so tragically that it would make sense that he would be that he would come back there and he'd want his energy to be at that theater or he was he was so happy.
Speaker 1: Have there been other reports.
Speaker 2: There have been reports of ghosts there for sure, and they've had they've had paranormal you know, ghostbusters whatever you call them, to go in and check there, and they've said there's a lot of energy there. Also the Groundings there's the worst reception ever and they have always they always have technical problems there. They've said it for years. Printers don't work, computers and the internet is so slow there. There's just energetically something weird definitely there. Wow. It was also it used to be a brothel back in the day, wow or was it was? It was a flophouse, and so there's also that energy there as well. So a lot of people probably came there and dumped a lot. I mean, you know, customers and employees alike who had a lot of you.
Speaker 1: Know, wow, Oh my god, I didn't even realize that. But I mean every theater they say is haunted. Oh sure, I never thought of that as like the groundlings, but yeah, of.
Speaker 2: Course, yeah, sense because it's also like a place where people really you know, display their naked as selves. They are very emotional. There's always drama, there's always highs and lows, highs and lows, and that's and it's like, and you talk about energy, like energy doesn't really understand acting. It's like when you do a play, and you know, if I was, if I had better training, I would know how to physically do things without actually emotionally putting myself through it a lot, But I don't really I kind of really go through it a lot, and my body doesn't know that I'm acting. So your body is exhausted because you're just kind of so that I mean, you know, we talk about where somebody like puts all that energy into it. Of course they're going to be a ghost, are going to be attracted to that that kind of place.
Speaker 1: Plus there's like fun costumes back there.
Speaker 2: Like a theater in a theater, Oh my god, I definitely. I I don't know, I think I would be I would be so content to live in a costume closet like that would just be so fun.
Speaker 1: That would be the best place to be a ghost.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you and all your years of working in theaters, have you had other experiences or known of Are there.
Speaker 2: Always I mean every theater I've worked in, there's always the people who said stories and things. But I don't think so nothing that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Growing up in South Carolina where there ghost stories and yes, urban legends.
Speaker 2: Yes now, I because we I mainly grew up in North Carolina, but I did go to South I did go to the beach in South Carolina. We had a beach house there and that's where all the they're the they're the beach stories that I grew up hearing and I mentioned them now and people look at me like I'm absolutely insane. But there's the Gray Man, which is a legendary, like it's like Lichfield Beach. I want to say, and that's a story, countless stories that people that have been visited by the Amen when storms are coming and hurricanes and stuff. There is a figure that has come to people's doors before, to beach houses, and it's everyone says they can't it's like dark and people can't make out the face. But it's like some people have described, you're gonna have listeners timing and going. You're getting all these details wrong. But because there's somebody that knows this.
Speaker 1: Money, put it in the face.
Speaker 2: Put group, please do let us know what I want to know. But he I think he's dressed like a World War One soldier. Is this thing that clings in my mind from when I was a kid and when I heard and he would warn people and say, you need to get out of here, you and your family need to get out. There's gonna be a bad storm coming. And when people listened to him, they would leave and seek shelter somewhere else, and they would come back and houses on both both sides of them were completely wiped out and their house was fine.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: And apparently the legend is if you don't listen to him, he could it could maybe destroy you, you know. Se he was like this like guardian angel that visited so many people and they said that they were they were greeted by this man in like sort of like gray sort of fatigues and they would would tell them to leave. Then there was this woman named al and it goes named Alice and you could walk around the there was like a there was this, there was some other ghosts about. Oh my god, I'm trying to think of what that was. Oh. Growing up in Lincolnton, North Carolina, there was Sally's Bridge, Okay where, oh my god, this was so much fun. We would go down. Sally's Bridge was in the middle of nowhere in Lincoln County. Scary assid to me. Growing up in the South, there's nothing scarier than Texas Chainsaw massacre. Like rednecks are terrifying to me. This country is so much the city does not scare me at all. I go into a city and I'm like, there are people everywhere. You know.
Speaker 1: My fear is like being lost in the woods.
Speaker 2: The woods, Oh my god, like like project yeah, that's what was wrong turn one of the scariest movie whoa. Yeah, So it was out in the boondocks. You were out in the middle of nowhere and it was this bridge, and apparently the story was that there was a couple and they were on their way to the prom. I don't know what high school they were or where they were going from, but out and back in the day, people lived out in the country and they would drive forty five minutes to get to school and whatever. But a prom date and was killed like and over the bridge and she was decapitated. And so what you would do is you would go out to Sally's Bridge and turn off your car. You had to go, you had to get you had to stand outside the car turn off the car. There was something that put your keys on top of the car some other part of the thing, and you had to walk around the car like three times or something. And you had to say, Sally, Sally, won't you come out to play? And and you said that as she walked around the car three full times. Everyone in the car had to walk around the car. Then you would get back in the car and your car would not start. And it happened.
Speaker 1: Why would you retire?
Speaker 2: And we were in high school, We're like, oh my god, it's you know, it's so cool and and it would have and it would eventually start, but it would have, it would stall. It would take a really hard time. It would take a really long time to get your car started again. There's men talk that it's something with the like precipitation that like builds up like at night, that it can get underneath your car and it can just cause you after your car's been running. I don't know there is some science all to it, but it definitely your cars will stall when you when you do that, I mean it happened. We did it like so many times. Then the other fun part about it was that the the Satanist of Lincoln County started hanging out by Sally's Bridge. I never saw them, but I was obsessed. I was obsessed with Satan growing up because it was so funny to me. And it was and we you know, you grew up in the like the religious in the South, and then they just make you terrified of the devil and like everything is like devil worship birds live over there.
Speaker 1: Were you raised with religion.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I was raised Presbyterian, and but everything it's it's just in the DNA in the South, where you're just you live to fear God and the devil is always at the edges of your life, ready to suck you in. And I loved it and I and I was so about it and I and it's why I love horror movies. I love Freddy Krueger, and I love it was just so much. I love yes, fear of like the weirdo and the freak and like, you know, it is it's all in those those those heartbreaking documentaries about the Paradise Lost, those those stories. Those are the kids I went to high school with. And they would wear like you know, mega death t shirts and everything, like you know, they're a devil worshippers. I'm like, no, they're just a nerd. They're actually just like usually like a white trash nerd who doesn't have an outlet, and probably a really cool person that I would actually like more than the popular kids. And you know what I mean, Like the people you're like, oh, I actually, you're just like it's just some people are goth. It's like they don't worship the devil.
Speaker 1: They're just like hell Satan. Have you seen them?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's incredible. I loved it too, And it's so like, you know, and and I would never consider myself a Satanist or a devil worshiper. And I definitely and I'm actually spiritual, and I have a very like I I you know, I'm a very like lapsed Christian and believable in a lot of that. So I don't have issues with Christianity like a lot. I was raised very lax, like our church was not, like I'm so glad. I was not raised like Southern Baptist or like Pentecostal snakes and stuff, oh yeah, yeah yeah, or even like you know, because some of them like because that was Pentecostal with the snakes, but the and I definitely went to those churches with friends, and I not snakes. I never saw snakes. But I went to the Holy Roller like people rolling around on the floor and screaming. Oh you're in like a like a shopping center and the church is just in like next to like you know, subway sandwiches and you know whatever, and you're like, oh, and we're screaming and they're tambourines and there's.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that when they're screaming like I watched those videos, sometimes.
Speaker 2: I believe that I think it's like I mean, first of all. If it would just if people have like genuinely spoken tongues, then it would just happen anywhere. It wouldn't happen on Sunday at eleven am conveniently in front of everyone else next to Carls Junior totally and you've planned the time. But it's mass hysteria. It's like when people get you know, it's like when audiences if people all laugh at the same things, and the next night the same audience doesn't the same show. I think it's wrapped up in that. I think it's like you want to be part of a group and on a fundamental human level that if you're rolling around on the floor, it's part of it's the culture of doing that, because otherwise that would just happen anywhere, right if the Lord spoke through people that way? But I don't. I also try not to be disrespectful of that, because I just I'm I'm so from that world and I've seen it made fun of so much, and I get really irritated when liberal elite people kind of look down on that, like, you know, because you know what, if that's what gets you through the day and you're not hurting anybody now, snakes is a different thing, and we're involving children and snakes. I do draw the line at that because people die, yeah, and you know, drinking strychnine and all the stuff that they would do to prove and then now that's absolutely insane. But you know, if it makes people feel better and they're not, you know, you know, my biggest issue with with religion is evangelism, like telling other people how to think and telling other people what to think. If I but I think everyone should absolutely believe what they need to believe in order to get through the day. And I don't think anyone should and I don't laugh in the face of anyone who believes anything. I mean, as long as you're not telling people that they're wrong for what they believe.
Speaker 1: Totally, it's a good stance to have. And I think everybody has. I think that the sense of community and ritual and you know, positivity, it can It's manifest many different ways for people. For a lot of people, it's religion.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, And a lot of people need that structure. They need to they need to feel some order in the world. I mean, I was just talking to a friend today and she was saying, you know, like safety and security is the number one thing that humans need to feel and if they don't feel, and that's why people are so scared to, you know, go on a trip that they don't know where's going to happen. They're scared to jump out of a helicopter there, you know, or what's it called handling? What's it called guy diving? Skydiving? Thank you? I'm a idea. Oh same, But people are scared of doing improv because it's like, what's going to happen next? And it's like because people need so religion like helps people find an order and feel peace and feel like there's some meaning in the universe, and it makes them and I think for people to go, well, we don't need to know what the meaning is, but we need to know that there is a meaning and someone's in charge. I mean, I totally get it. I understand.
Speaker 1: I mean if I believe in ghosts and demons, and how can I possibly judge somebody that believes absolutely? You want to hear some ghost voices? Yes, all right, it's time for ev or ev plice. So I went to YouTube and I found some just stunning evs just for its special for you So, okay, So I'm going to play a ghost voice that somebody captured and posted to YouTube, and I want you to guess what this paranormal investigator believes they captured a ghost saying oh okay, great, yeah, And this was uploaded by most Hunt weekends and it said Nickerson, Nickerson, Nickerson sneed House. What the place is called? Great Nickerson hyphen sneed House in Virginia.
Speaker 2: So, and that's a place.
Speaker 1: It's a place that is haunted. And they caught a voice saying this. Wait, let me turn it up just a little bit. Okay, it's real quick. It's one word, two syllables.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I have really good hearing and I can't even hear that. It sounds like a snap.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll give you a well, there is a snap in there, I think. But they're saying something like that, what Matt Matt an he guesses. I can give you some options. Nightmare, nightmare? Okay, that's a good one. Here's an option. Is it a take in? Like it could be like a Liam Neesom ghost or some b face mask because you like those face masks, like those hot Instagram face masks that everyone's wearing B basement or D sleigh bitch.
Speaker 2: Oh it's got to be basement.
Speaker 1: It's basement.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the only one. Now that you say that, I can hear it.
Speaker 1: I know it's so, but to pull it out of thin air it's kind of hard.
Speaker 2: Also, it sounds it doesn't I mean, I don't know what a ghost sounds like, but it sounds like just some tired one one basement.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be a tired ghost. Yeah, she might. She might be exhausted. Being a ghost takes a lot. Okay. This next one is from haunt Ology Productions, and it's in Locke, California. And it is at the die Lloy Gambling Hall. Okay, and it was also an opium den, opium den and brothel at one point. Yes, this was a tone of Chinese immigrants. Very interesting read about Locke, California. But tell me what this ghost says?
Speaker 2: Can I hear it again? It's kind of a whispray on the others.
Speaker 1: Pray on the others. Okay, here's some options. Is it a what happened to you? B? That cat made me throw up? See the hashtag yolo or D Where's Kathy? And Hodah?
Speaker 2: Okay, I happen to hear that's again, what were your first two?
Speaker 1: What happened to you? Or that cat made me throw up?
Speaker 2: Is it what happened to you?
Speaker 1: Let's hear it. It is what happened to you.
Speaker 2: But it's there's like something and it almost it sounds like it almost sounds like what happened to Tina? You others? Do you know who that is?
Speaker 1: I don't?
Speaker 2: She was. I was like, if you know who that is, you've done a deep time. She was on that show Family Ties with Michael Michael J. Fox. She played the youngest daughter, I mean, the youngest sister.
Speaker 1: Who maybe the ghost died not knowing what happened to her. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: That's a valid question. I don't know what happened to Tina. Others, I think.
Speaker 1: I think it sounds like where's Kathy and Hodah?
Speaker 2: Yeah when I absolutely sounds like that. But I was like, there's no way the ghost would say that. There's no way anyone nobody wants them back together.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I think that's all the ghosting for today. Oh my god, what's going on? You've got your show?
Speaker 2: Yes, if if you're in la I'm doing my new solo show. It's called Happy Birthday.
Speaker 1: And it's incredible and you've never seen a solo show like Drew Drogi solo.
Speaker 2: Show, Monny. Thank you. It's really it's I play nine characters. I'm playing nine gay men at a birthday party at a wine bar in Silver Lake. I play a ghost in the show. One of my characters is a ghost and it's at the Celebration Theater in September. It's going to be on Saturdays at eight and Sundays at seven, and you can get tickets on Celebrationtheater dot com if you're in LA and if you're in New York in the spring. I'm doing it in twenty twenty and February of twenty twenty, I'm opening at the Soho Playhouse on the Off Broadway stage.
Speaker 1: And that's where you did bright colors and bold patterns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing, So there'll be that doing that in New York next year.
Speaker 1: Love it well, Thank you so much for listening. Please join the Facebook group Ghosted by Roz Dress Falas. Buy me on Instagram at Roz Dress for Lass. I'm on cameo at Rozdresblaz Twitter, Facebook, All those things. Make sure you buy tickets to the live show, which is October nineteenth at the world famous Cavern Club Celebrity Theater at Casita del Campo here in Los Angeles. I am recording some more episodes this week and we have got some good stories coming at you, so make sure you are subscribed. Give us a five star review. If you can a five star rating, leave us a nice review. It's a great way to give me a ghost story. Or you can leave it in the Facebook group, or you can email me Ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. And you know what, It's Halloween time, so tell your friends about this podcast. I can't wait. Halloween is coming up, so let's get spooky. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came back.
Speaker 2: M HM Star Bands Audio a podcast a podcast network.
Speaker 1: Mm HM