Speaker 1: Guess who just got back today the Brooklyn bus that had been away. They both have so much to see, you know. Their names are Brilliance sker It Boysons. Guess the episode two eighty six of the Brooklyn Boys podcasts. Eighty six a big number for you and me. Eighty six Usually in the restaurant industry means you're out of it. Throw it out. No, it means you're out of it. Eighty six. Yeah. And when you're a shuretcakes out of pancakes, no, No, eighty six means eighty six the pancakes meaning they went bad, throw them out eighty six, right, But also you take it off the menu eighty six eighty six eighty six that we don't have the Asian pasta today. Eighty six. Eighty six is like, you know, fished it went bad. You're being very negative? Why is it a positive number for you and me? Look at the colors of our logo. I know, is that bell? Yeah? I see it. Any Mets fan when he iss a number eighty six, he or she eighty six Mets the greatest Mets teams. Of course, note to self, don't eat chili before a long ass podcast. No, don't eat chili slices. Let me tell you what Scary did. He wanted a podcast at seven o'clock. I said, okay, seven o'clock's good. I text him at seven fifteen. I still haven't heard from him. Seven twenty as I call him, what's going on? I had a four hour had a four hour turkey chili going. Yeah, I'm slow. I'm slow cooking turkey chili. I said, well, you're gonna eat dinner, then we can do the podcast at seven thirty. No, no, it's slow cooking. I can just watch it. Have you eaten? No? You canna eat?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I said, all right, you're just gonna slow cook it. Yeah, I'm just slow. It's a slow cooker. We can podcast, It'll still be cooking when I'm done. Okay, seven thirty, seven thirty five, I call him, Scared, what are you doing? Oh, I'm eating turkey chili. It's so good. I couldn't be sill. The aroma in my house is so good. It's it's just it's wafting through the air. The problem is I had some and now we're starting the podcast and I'm already feeling rumble in my stumbach rumbling. Oh dude, it's a royal rumble of epic proportions. When the scary Joane says, no, no, no, I have food cooking, but I'm not gonna eat. I'll be ready. Don't believe him? Yeah, now I don't believe him. I gotta say I probably should have waited till after the podcast because at some point, man so, we wanted to pause to both of us because I went the Whole Foods today to return some things to Amazon. You know they have the Amazon return I'll get to that later because I'm pissed off a Whole Foods. But while you're there, you know the scam. The scam is they know you're gonna buy something while you're there. You know, Amazon owns Whole food So it's a win win, Like you know what, I'm in the mood for a packaged Uh yeah, I'm gonna move for in those prepackaged chicken tiaka masala with the rice, your microwave that you've done, you buy some garlic, non you have a whole meal. Yep, so I go. So there's two types of u tika masala at Whole Foods. There's the plastic container with the with the with the peelback plastic wrap, the microwave, and there's the frozen version. So I go over to the the area with the with the rap and to look forward, and they have they have uh sogpaneer and chana masala, which is like chicken peas. Are you're talking different language here? I don't chicken curry. And the chicken massala sleeve is out, it's empty, it's no more. I said, I'm gonna move for chicken masala masala. So I'll go to the frozen one. Get the frozen one. I go to the section. I open the door. It was a little frosted over case. You're like, why don't you just look through the door, Brody, And they've got again sogpreneer, which is spinach. I'm not eating that shit, and pad tie and again chicken curry. But but no, but no teaka masala, the American man's Indian food. So I ended up.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was in the mood. So I got the chicken curry and I got a little love, a little grumbling going on myself. Oh perfect, So we're on the same page. I feel we may have a race, grumbling race. Who's going to be in a hurry from the Curry. Well, yeah, slices. Uh. You could thank your boy David Brody and his shitty g ass network, which is the reason why we didn't podcast late last week because Brodie's Wi Fi is slower than a fucking turtle. Not anymore, it's not off. I fixed it all right, But we waited. We tried. We tried for several hours to connect and get a podcast up and donning not why, that's not why. There's other reasons. I mean entirely on timely death from We had a friend of on Wednesday and then we had a slice time and then we go you had a lot going on going on Galluic. Are we talking about the gallup Let's go there. Yeah, let's talk real quick because we had a lot to cover. We we haven't had an episode since before my vacation to the in Republic. That's like a whole that's a whole episode. But with your father and the speedo. Yeah, so the gala and we have talking about the funeral that we went to, which is you know, I got some issues. We'll talk about that. So anyway, the gap, the music, Yeah, the music's here. The gal the Gala, I put them the Jingles. Maybe I think we should play them this week. Okay, perfect, all right, a little later on we'll get to that. So at this gala, it was for our friend, not a sponsor, Eat Clean Bro, our buddy Jamie, who runs this food prep service, which SAIDs it's it's a regional thing, but they're going by the way. They're rolling out nationwide. So if you've never heard of eat clean Bro, pretty soon you will. You're HEARDing your first It should be like it's like eat clean Bro. Yeah, Eat clean Bro. There's always boards all over the place. They used to sponsor the morning show and send food up all the time. So so eat Clean Bro is in its third annual gala to raise money for children specialized hospital where all the money goes to them. So anyone who's anyone in Central Jersey on a Saturday now used uses this to go to this event and spend money. They do a casino night again, all proceeds go to that that uh you know that charity. So I was invited with Robin and then Gandhi from our Big Show. You were invited with Robin. You were invited with a plus one. I was invited with a plus one Okay, hello, Well you and I don't have a relationship, well not like the one you and Robin have, but I you know, all right, I'm willing for the right gallaxy. All I could say is this. The gallow was amazing. H Jay, Wow was there from the Jersey Shore. Wow. Some you know New Jersey Housewives like Melissa Gorga and Joey Gorga and the bank stars, all the New Jersey Housewives, the whole crew. We had an awesome time raising money. Gandhi Uh won a bid a live a live auction for a trip to Bali Bali. She was the only one who bid, so she won. She won. She was bidding against some other dude in the back and he's the only one that bid. But well, we don't we think it was it was the plant. Yeah, we talked about the plan on this on this podcast. We think she was bidding against herself, which, by the way, is a scamboni when it comes to eBay, where people run computer programs, or they have their friends, or they have a second account, they have the second, third, fourth, fifth account that are run that's running up the score just so you're bidding against nothing a computer, a bot and you wind up being a sucker. Anyway, Gandhi won a trip to Bali on that uh, but she was the only one bidding upside from some random guy in the back who they every time I kept turning around, they go, they go, you in the back, yes, three fifty five hundred, Yeah you were the back. I turn around. I'm like this, how fast? How fast did he guy pick his hand up and put it down? I don't think it was phantom bidder. Yes, of course that's not even that's a major scam. That isn't even a I feel I feel like they do that at a lot of charity events. I feel like that this is not just I feel like just because it's it's for a good cause, all the money's going to raise and they have to cover the cost of the actual trip. They can't sell it and lose money. And what did you wear to the Galla? You go, Brooklyn, Dusty? That was that was it, dude. Everybody was dressed to the nines. I felt so und dressed. It was some black tie optional and we show up and I don't have a tie on. I just had this like hot pink shirt. Black Tie optional means at the very least you gotta do a regular tie in a suit. No one told me that that's black tie optional. Doesn't mean tie optional. Friend Cheryl said, it was Saturday night festive, So my Saturday night festive, all right, So that means I wore my Hugo boss suit jacket, dropper jacket and pants, and I wore a button down pink shirt underneath it with which kind of like popped. It didn't need a tie. But there were people there in ties, and they were people there in bow ties and black ties, and I'm like, I thought this was black tie optional. Yeah, it's not tie optional. I don't understand black tie optional means means you don't have to wear a tuxedo, but you have to wear dark suit. Well, they should change the fucking name of the thing when they say black tie optional, because you confuse me. I told you what happened. I've told this story on the podcast. When I went to the black to optional big time wedding. No, it's gonna be an awesome wedding, awesomebody black optional. The only person wearing a black tie other than the wedding party was me, and the photographer kept grabbing me for pictures every time the bridal party. Bridle party wanted to take pictures. But yeah, but you talks for my wedding. You in the opposite direction. You actually got really but to me, so, what's the least amount you could dress in a black tie option suit? You don't need a tie, though, yes you do. It's it's like it's like going to like the Emmys. You wouldn't go to the Emmys with a fucking a coat over a T shirt. I didn't say that t shirt. I had a button down, long sleeve shirt on. Gotta have a tie black taie optional means it's one step below black tie. It means if you don't have a tuxedo, we're not going to make you spend the money, but we want you to look like your care so you gotta have a tie. That's my a black tie optional that yes, I don't know, man. Oh, I just think it's open to the date anyway. The women and their their gowns. Holy shit, everyone was dressed to the nines. Everybody, and you know, Robin Robin did the same. I feel like some people came out in like old bridesmaid's dresses. That's how fancy. It was. Seven and a half's at best. Well it was. It was a good time. You know. It was away down a freehold at the Southgate Manor right near Ariceway Park. No, that's Eaton Town, New Jersey. Ah like so, And as I was trying to get out of here, I was about to jump in the shower, I get face timed by our friend Brittany, who is a longtime friend of the State Baby. She She's like, scary, Hey, I have a big fan here. I'm in Atlantic City and I went to school with this kid, and it turns out he's a slice for life. So she put him on FaceTime. And I want to give a shout out to Brett, who is a big fan of the Brooklyn Boys podcast. He was freaking out that he was talking to me on FaceTime. He probably said, you don't know scary, and she goes, oh, yeah, the hell I don't. I'll get him on right now. Was that you're saying? Was saying it like a Russian guln't don't hell? I do the hell I wanted to say, do, but don't. Okay, So Brittany calls me up and of course I answer her face time. So I was like, Hey, what's up? She goes, I want to put a slice on the phone, so shout out to Brett nice. All right, so got a lot to cover. Oh, before we go any further, let's put this right up front. Time is running out. The time is time keeps on ticking ticking ticking into the future. And that means, uh, March fifteenth is the deadline for you to get your orders in on our Brooklyn Boys March twelfth. We it's fifteenth, okay, because we're gonna go sometime after the fifteenth, We're going to go out to Matt Merch and we're gonna sign all the merch. You want to personalize, no problem, put it into the comments. Put it in this comment in the comment section of what you order. But anyway, order your merch now and we will personalize it till March fifteenth. Okay, in the comments section, put your name or something short. Don't put like the Constitution in the United States, right, not gonna recognize that, but we will be more than happy. So Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com. That's Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com. All right, Jingle jingle jingle out, jingle out, all right? Sure, what's called lasers? Boom Sonovox Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 3: We will be right back.
Speaker 1: Hey, we just gave the address to the website. You see how we did it. You gave the address and then I repeated it and said the address. Yes, that gives people, in other words, not only does it give them another chance to hear it, but it also gives them a chance to write it down if they want. Yes. I called a company today. I called a magazine subscription company and they said, oh, you want to talk to the subscription department. Hold on, we'll transfer you. So I get this message. Hi, I'm more remote today, so please leave a message. Oh you're just Oh, I'm working remote today. If you're in if you need to speak to me, email me blah blahlah blah blah blah bah blah blah blah blah blah at gmail dot com. Wah wah, wa wah wah wah wah, Charlie Brown's teacher right now. Did you have a chance to write it down? No? Did I know she was going to leave her email address? No? No, was I ready with it with my fingers to type? Did I have a pen and paper in my hand? No? They said, you're going to transfer you to the woman at work. First of all, you're not working remote. You're working remotely. Yeah, we're looking adverbs people, adverbs. Yeah, I'm working remotely. I work my hull from my home. It's a remote that's fine. But you're working remotely anyway, So grammar aside. She never repeated it. She never said you can reach me at talk too fast at gmail dot com. She just say again, in case you missed it, that's talk too fast at gmail dot com. No, So I I left her message. I said, yeah, hey, listen, I couldn't possibly write down your email address. Yeah, I can't call her back. And then I got to call the main number again and get the receptionist to have a transfer me just so I can then write down the email. I said, here's my number, call me. She didn't call call me. Maybe she didn't. She maybe didn't. No, you know, you know, you gotta give people. You got to repeat it. You have to say, hey, listen, yeah, I'm not at work today. The best way to get in touch with me examine me. I'll give you my email address in a minute, but I'll get back to you by the end. Closing business stall, you know, and the commercials go flying by on the radio. That's why at the end, I say pound two fifty keyword slomans and they say that's pound two fifty keyword slomans. I say it again. I say it twice just so you can you know, you can hear it right, and you know what I say. I'm gonna say it twice. Hit the jingle bitch, that's hit the g No, no, no, no, I I was using it as an example. Eight hundred hit the jingle bitch, hit it. I did not do that on purpose. I was using it as an example. You did it twice, I had I had to use it a real life example. No, you didn't. You could have made up a product like I said, talk too Fast the g dot com. I didn't say your email address. I made up one Hello, hold on. Play it again here the first in case people didn't have time to hear it the first time. Thank you, thank you. And by the way, people are telling me to hit the jingle bitch on my own Instagram where I at. No, I'm not fine with it because that's my personal Instagram and that those are paid ads, right it says hashtag ad. You don't hit the jingle when it's a paid ad. Sorry, tell them to hit the ging. No, no, no, no, I refuse. So you know what we man lately. It's a lot of doom and gloom the last couple of months. I don't want to. I don't want to think the little slices think that we're going down a negative road again talking about another funeral, but from the tragedy becomes comedy on this one, because right, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We we.
Speaker 1: One of our close friends, her mom passed and uh, Brody and I were both at the wake. Now, I don't know. I feel like, you know, first of all funerals, we might have talked about this that I think everything's been the same since, like the nineteen fifties, it's frozen in time. I think we've spoken about it once before, the furniture, the competing, the everything, and the tradition that goes along with it. But there's some awkward moments when you go to a wake. When we say a funeral will be talking not about the burial part. We're talking about the actual part where you show up and you offer condolences and usually in the body of the body and open or close whatever. But but you're for me anyway, anyway, So for me, So we had both attended and and I got a little annoyed. You know, I talked about a little bit on The Big Show. I'm not going to really it's just on yeah here, I'm not going to expand on it. I just I'm just mentioning it on that our fifteen minute Moe Show podcast. That's where I did it, not on the Big Show. And I just think it's disrespectful when a bunch of us are there and you just now take the furniture, the wooden chairs against the wall and you turn them around so you could like have a semicircle jerk where you can all talk to each other in a circle and you face away from the body and what's going on in front. So we had it was Brody and Danielle from The Big Show. Whoa, whoa, whoa. I didn't move the chairs when I got there. It was Gandhi Gandhi is the Big Show, sitting against the wall, and then other people brought chairs over to sit across from them. It was just it's weird. We were toward the back, but we were kind of like in a huddle, like like a football huddle. Getting ready to discuss the next play, and I'm like sitting there, like, why are we all doing this? Is terrible? I'm like, you don't do that. There was more concern with the chairs than the dead lady in the front of the room. Is a problem. People are like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. The biggest tragedy here is not the the fact that woman passed away. The biggest tragedy is the chairs not facing front forward that face. You're sitting there like you're watching a movie. Nothing's happening. What do you need to face phone for? Nothing's going on. I there's a silent movie. And it's it's a photograph, is what it is. Some members of our show decided to move the chairs around and start facing facing away from the front. And as I said, and it's maybe it's poorly put, but the main attraction is at the front, and you get your back turned toward that. That's not cool. I think that's the main attraction. We don't know the lady. It's this. I'm sure she was a wonderful woman, but it's just weird hearing her post post life. It's just weird. No, I'm not And then and then and then other people. You know, you know the phone people bring the phones in. I think if you're gonna use your phone, you got to step out of the room. You can't and use my phone. Now I'm not using the phone. Now that's tacky. Oh that's where you draw the line. Huh, that's what you drew. One guy was placing bets. He was on a draft Kings or sports bet and he was making He said, dude, I'm doing Paul laying. He was Paul laying at a wake. You can't parlay it awake. Yeah, then there's no one. Dude looked like Aaron Judge from the Yankees. Did you see him? Yeah? I did. Yeah. Well, before I get to what bothered me, that the second thing that bothered me. Yeah, scary says, uh, listen, I'm gonna go. Robin and I having dinner to be or byob We got to pick up a bottle liquor. We have an Italian food. I said, Okay, he's like I'm leaving. I said, well, you know what, I got a shirt in my car to give to Greg T. I got an old see one hundred Greg T shirt if you want to give it to him. I got my car. He says. Yeah. Now, Scary was supposed to bring something to me, weren't you, Scary? I was. I have a shirt from a listener here that's been sitting here for three months that I write, Yeah, And I texted Scary and I said, hey, bring the shirt. I'll bring the shirt for Greg fatigue, and you bring the shirt from the listener. He goes absolutely. I texted him fifteen minutes before he left. Okay, okay, he didn't bring it. I forgot because Scary is leaving and going to dinner. We had already been there like two and a half hours, right, And I said, oh, you know what, I'll uh, I'll say my goodbyes. I'll get my condolences to our friend and who's a woman, and we're gonna call her Mary for the sake of this, because I need to say a name later. We used to call him Mary. And he's Scary never left. I got done with the thing that bothered me. My condolences. Yeah, and he was supposed to be fresh, relieved and like everyone's standing waiting for him, and he's saying goodbye to everybody in the place. Yeah, people barely knew. Oh yeah, what's your name again. Oh yeah, seeing you. I'm a bad goodbyer. I'm the worst. I'm the worst goodbyer. I have to think aboute everybody in the room. It's like almost like OCD. He went and shook hands with them, but they passed away. Person. That's not right, you're terrible, that's all, okay. So I want to get my condolences to the to the our female friend, we'll call him Mary. And you know, all the seats are in the middle, so there's the left aisle to walk up to the front and the right aisle on the side before we'll get to that. On the entrance, it's pretty easy because everyone stands in the line and everybody whoever first come first served. So you stand in the line, you wait to greet to you greet, the doors open, everybody goes in and you walk in one at a time, and then you say you know, your condolences, and then to the person the family, I'm sorry if you're lost, and maybe you go over to the casket, maybe you don't and you skip that and then you go to the back whatever. But obviously is there even a rule for believing? Problem? That's the problem believing part If if you're coming up one of the two aisles. You can either like get in one line or alternate. But at the front of the room was a side entrance where people would come in. So I walk up to say goodbye to Mary. Then I'm in. I'm in the left lane and I'm I'm third in the lane to say goodbye, and people are saying goodbye, Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry to give her a big hog thanks for coming. Oh he's a beautiful Then the second one goes and it's my turn. I'm next. The problem is is also people trying to say hello at the same time that you want to say goodbye. Right, I'm gonna tell the story, you fuck. So as I'm trying to say goodbye to give my condolences because now it's been so busy, I haven't even said hello to her. She doesn't even know I'm there, not that she you know, it's not you hello, you just want to do the hello. Because there were like ten people around her when I walked in. So I went in the back and I talked to my You guys, so you're gonna say goodbye hello at the same time you say hello and goodbye, I say you say goodbye, and I say hello. I was in New that right, Hello goodbye. Yeah. So as I'm going up, I'm next, all of a sudden, I hear from the side Mary, Oh my god, I'm so sorry, and some old couple comes in and they hug her and they get okay, Now I'm next. The problem is Mary is now facing to her left, my right. She's she's looking at the other lane, and you're coming from the other side. Right now, people are going up the right lane. I'm next on the left lane, and they're like, oh Mary, goodbye. I'm I'm so sorry. She's hugging them. So I'm standing there and he's motioned by, like Brodie's motioning to I'm in the back of the room, and he's like giving me that look like what the fuck staring at me? So throw his hands up. Now she's talking to somebody like for like five minutes. So no problem. I go to the back. I goes scared. Listen, I'm getting I'm getting condolence blocked. I'm getting condolence blocked. Every time I try to get my condolen somebody cuts in front of me. I'm getting condolence blocked. Yeah, he's well, go back it looks like it's slowing down now, I said, okay, So I go back to my spot. I'm first and longing again. I'm second in line. Sorry. Somebody goes and gives it the hug goodbye. And then somebody else comes around me who was good friends with the person who's hugging her and cuts me off again. So then I turned back and Gandhi's like, I'll be right there, I'll help you. So Gandhi comes. She comes walking up the left aisle. I said, Gandhi, because I'll make sure nobody cuts you. I go, Gandhi, I know you. You're gonna cut me. No, I'm not gonna cut you. I'm gonna block. I'm gonna block around you so no one can get in front of you again. Exactly great. So Ganhi stands to my left shes, Brody, now's your chance. As soon as she turns, you go. Mary turns around and goes, oh, Gandhi, he is Gandhi. Gandhi goes and she condolence blocks me. And as she's doing it, she looks back and goes, sorry, Brody, and she goes and co condolence blocks me. It was three more people before I could get into saygabye. That's scary. Still hadn't finished saying goodbye to everybody else. Hah, don't condolence block And the whole time, I'm thinking, I need my Larry David, curb your enthusiasm music, because this is a perfect, perfect time. Play the music, Scary, play the curby enthusiasm. I just want to say goodbye to Mary. I've done Mary like twenty years. I want to pay my respect. I want to tell I care about her. I want to give her a hug. But no I can't because everybody's not Mary. What's Mary? I want to think about the Mary. Little old Italian ladies, Irish people are all coming over. I can't say goodbye to Mary. It took me fifteen minutes singabye to Mary and the whole time, and in a minute I get to hug Mary. There's people giving me looks like hurry up. I want to say goodbye to Mary. No, it's my turn. You don't get to interrupt me. I get my moment. So I went to the side finally, and Scary still saying goodbye. I'm the worst, the worst. I can't leave because I've got the shirt in the car and he's got nothing for me. So if you're the person who gave me the shirt, I appreciate it. But Scary has still not gotten it to me, you know. And at the same time, we were headed out to dinner, which it's so unfortunate you couldn't join us. Yeah, but I wanted, you know, I wanted you to come with us. Bro, Can I address that too? What I want to address that you want to Yeah, I'm gona address that too. Thank you for reminding me, so, Scary says to me earlier in the night. What are you doing tonight, I says, Scary, Listen. You know I'm in the process of moving. I've got a day left to get the rest of this stuff out of my house. I'm gonna be working all night tonight driving my stuff from from my my house and by the way, slices, I'll fill you in all the details on the house. That's all the horrible real estate, the buyer stories, and follow that, I'll make it a whole thing. But for right now, I was like, Scary, listen, my night's fucked. I ended up until two thirty in the morning driving stuff from the old place to the new place because I didn't move that far. I said, I'm exhausted, my back hurts, I'm dying, so Scary already knew what I was doing that night. He goes, hey, Brody, you want to go to dinner. That's scary. I'm I'm swamped moving stuff out of my house. All right, I forgot, No, you didn't forget. Scary wanted credit for inviting me to I just knowing I couldn't go. If I'm going to be completely honest with the slices, I just wanted to give credit. I just wanted the credit, right, Yeah, because I knew you weren't coming. And guess what, had you came with us, you would have come, Because had you come with us, you would have caused a shit storm because of the whole splitting the check seven ways thing. And I didn't have the bar with it was bring your own, so I wasn't gonna be paying for anybody else's alcohol. I would have been fine with that. Yeah, well, I don't mind splitting the check if it's fair and retrospect, it was you joyed to meet to dinner knowing I couldn't go, but I still got the credit. I'm mister nice credit. You got the credit. For a second when I went scared, that's very nice, thank you very much. And then I dawned on me what you did, and I was like, fuck you scared. You know I'm busy tonight. You started laughing. You don't get credit. Fuck you? Come on, I get credit with Scary and Rodi. Can we stay on the funeral tip and we can? Not a weird story. I need your opinion because I know you. I know when you hear the story, you're gonna think you know my opinion. So I want to tell you the story. It was on the news about a week and a half ago. A woman in England went on a site like mccaary or one of those non eBay sites, but the equivalent in England, and she was selling a whole lot of flowers flower arrangements, and so the per soon reached out to her and said, why are you selling all these flowers and flower arrangements and bouquets and everything? Yeah, you know, like I'm interested, I need them? What do you Why do you have all these flowers? Are you flourished? Just no, it's from my mother's funeral and I'm selling all the flowers. We didn't need them. After the funeral. So yeah, they all still look great. So I'm trying to make a little money off it. It's going to waste. They're gonna throw them out anyway. I don't know, man, I call that being an entrepreneur. So you're fine with that, I'm I mean, after the fact, they're gonna go in the garbage. Everything goes in the garbage. I saw firsthand what happened to all the flowers. We had more flowers than a florist at our funeral home for my mom, and I couldn't believe how much waste there was there. It all went in the trash. It's sad you only take so much. And then the rest of the brough I brought flowers. I don't even think you saw them, No I did. I saw them. They were on the table, they were beautiful, they were staying. They're in the trash. Now, well they don't planted them, they farm give them a new home. I don't know, man, I so you okay? So So if you had time, would you have tried to sell them? If somebody said, like, nah, I don't have the bandwidth. But if somebody has the time to sell them, sell them, then somebody will take them home and they will make they'll make the best of them, and they'll probably you know, make them, they'll try and keep them alive. I don't have a problem with it. Like, so, who's gonna buy a wall of flowers? Somebody, I guess I get I've set that iHeart wall offlower. That was huge. You can't then a call. Yeah, well, let me ask you. Guess if somebody said to you before the funeral, hey, uh, I can get you secondhand flowers. They were used for about forty five minutes this morning. You can have them all for like a third of the price. Loaded up, Load up the funeral home, load it up. Maybe start a business like uber flower where people look at hand flowers, second hand flowers. If people will deliver flowers like on the spot, buy sell, Hey, I can get them to your By one o'clock, we're still there's still people crying. I'm gonna wait till they finished crying. We'll get them out and crush out the name on the the sympathy card. Well, no, but write a new card. Yeah, yeah, second half flowers that they haven't been used. They've just been sitting now for a little while. Would you buy him? We've We've bought worse. We've bought gas station flowers before. Who knows where hell they came from. I don't think they came from a funeral, do you? No? Oh? Wait, you think no? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 1: By the way, was your does? Does your wife? Is she okay with gas station flowers? Who the hell's calling me? Is that my wife answered that question? That's my father. My father's calling me. Tony's calling me. Oh oh, I was talking about his speedo. Go and get him on, but uh no, I don't know if he's ready for that. Let me you want to book a boys podcast? No, no, let me just tell him. I'll call you back, but talk to him. I just I just texted him. All right, I'll call you later. We're in the middle of the podcast. I can't your father as a character. I know, but I know, but we we have seventeen things to cover, and I don't know if he's ready. If he's ready, I want to ask your father if would have the second hand fl No, I'm talking to you. Don't talk to my dad about that stuff. Crazy. Hey, what's he's the guy who's the last guy to be fancy? Let me always yells at you for being fancy. Yeah, although I bet your father knows po black topical means probably. So I got a question for you. This is this bothered the hell out of me. A brand new whole Food's opened in Jersey City, right because I used to have to go far away for one. Now one open ten blocks for me. You drive right in and they there's a sign that says, hey, park here, and it's you know, it really says buy something for twenty dollars, show over receipt and you park for free. Oh how much is parking? Well otherwise it's like, you know, it's like eight dollars and then fifteen by the hour. Here is it their parking lot? Or they make you park on the street. Well, you see, Brody, I live, I live in an area pooh poosi. No, no, no, no, I have to how do I even how do I even go about this? No parking permit? No no, no, no no. Let me explain this because I have to paint the picture because most people listening don't have the situation of urban living where I live in those in the area that's so crowded. So where we live, I just had a money making idea. Go on, remind me where we live in this area, it's so crowded that how crowded is it? Well that even at places like the grocery stores, they have parking in these buildings that don't belong to them. They don't they don't own, there's no lots. We have to valid parking. Yes, you got to get it validated. So I was parking in a parking garage that Whole Foods uses, but they don't own the garage. They just own their own Whole Foods. But if you show them twenty dollars worth of receipts, you could park up there for like ninety minutes. Here's my issue. Ready, I did a major, major shopping shopping spree because I needed food because I was coming back from vacation. So I was in that fucking Whole Foods for over two hours. That's that's hold. I spent a lot of money in that Whole Foods that day. I had to fill my fridge was empty and I had to fill it. So I come out, I go to the you know, the lady gives me the redemption for parking. I go to the park pay it and she's like, oh, eight dollars please, and I'm like what they're like. Yeah, the free parking only covers you up to ninety minutes. You may Whole Foods more than ninety minutes, as I said, I was there for you don't have a checklist for two hours. Holy, but hold on, why the fuck am I getting punished for spending more time and more money? Because it makes no sense. It's a nine twenty dollars and twenty times. The more time I spend in Whole Foods, the more money I'm gonna spend. Obviously, since you left after an hour and come back and finish shopping, you would have been free parking. Yes, but that's not the issue. The issue is if someone's getting it going on a major grocery run and they got to spend two hours, three hours at the grocery store, their chances are they're gonna spend crazy money at that store. So then why the fuck am I getting punished and penalized now that I have to pay eight dollars for going over the ninety minutes? To me, it's like it should be free and they call them asshole foods. Fuck's that wrong? It is wrong. Did you ask to speak to a manager?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Because the people who own the parking lot is not whole foods. Their in lies should take eight dollars off your bill out damn straight, they should whole food Whole Foods shouldn't be covering you for ninety minutes. They should be covering you for two three hours. The longer you the longer you spend in the whole foods, the more money you're spending. Therefore, parking should definitely be free. But instead I got you have spend twenty dollars, you get an hour and a half. Did you know it was an hour and a half by the way, No, there was any signs that said there might have been. But the thing is, I look, let's just say there was a sign. If there was a sign, I would have probably been pulled a slick move like you and let left after the ninety minutes and then come came back in, circled around. And here's here's what I what I would say. They should have tiered comparking, tiered validation. In other words, if you spend twenty dollars, you get an hour and a half, but if you spend one hundred dollars or two hundred dollars, you get unlimited, or you get four hours right. It should be by It should be by spend, not by time. You should have gone to customer service immediately and said this is unacceptable. See that's the difference between you and returned everything but twenty dollars. That's the difference between you and me. We don't. I just I wasn't gonna quibble over it. I already have had groceres in my car, my slices. Use the iHeartRadio app, hit the talk back feature. Let us know what you would have done. Would you have just sucked it up and paid the parking for Keep in mind, I'm coming off of out of a parking lot that's all twisty in turney, and I was on the fourth floor and now I'm outside in the frigging you know, I already made the turnout. My my, my frozen stuff was melting, melting. I had eggs in the car, I had meat. I don't want something you did to find out until you at the at the arm going up. Yes, at the very end, I thought this was the cashier grocery. No, no, no groceries in the car. Driving out, you get to the arm, the lady takes the money, she scans the fucking uh the redemption and she goes eight dollars. Please, Oh you got balked. Of course I did, at least at least charge you four something. You got dick. You should go. You should take your seat and go to Whole Foods and complain to get your money back. And then I got dicked on this fucking peanut butter. They charged me. Whoa, whoa is there a dog involved? They got me this once once again. Fucking you put peanut butter on your dick that the dogs go crazy from what I've heard, from what you've heard, Yeah, that's not You don't know firsthand. Friend of yours told you, right, I know firsthand. I don't know dog hand. Oh well, I'll tell you this once again. Organic peanut butter make difference. They charged me twenty three ninety nine. Now peanut but now here's the best part. I eat the worst food all year except for first quarter. Scary. I googled it. Now it's expensive, But it's expensive. It's it's eleven ninety nine expensive, not twenty three ninety nine. So now here I am with the rear pan. Come home with you. I have the receipt. It's got to be a mistake. You could have bought a jar peanut butter gum free parking Brody twenty three ninety nine. I don't know what, So now what would Brody you do? Now I'm gonna I'm saving the city get back. Well, no, I didn't take it back, but I guess next time I go to Whole Foods, I'm gonna literally I have it. I have it circled. I'm like, hey, guys, you guys, you guys fucked me on this. Did you go on the app and see how much it is on the app?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I probably should, but I googled it and Amazon's selling it for like eleven dollars or something. So open up the Amazon app and go to the food section. They may have overcharged you, or because Amazon charges different prices than the store does on a lot of things. Yeah, so that's why my brother, well, my brother told me. He said, there's a lot of stuff at Trader Joe's and at Whole Foods that if you go to find it in a local store in another area, the price is is is completely different, much marked down much. You know, it's a scambougie. It is a scambougie. That's a scamboogie. That's a new word. Write that down, hashtag scamboo scambougie because they know you'll pay a premium for it, because you're in Whole Foods. Yeah, but we've got you. There's a lot of there's a lot of products that they fucking do that. I don't know if the peanut butter was one of them. That had to be a mistake. There's no one knowing the whole case of peanut butter for twenty dollars. No one in their right mind would pay twenty three ds. So now I got another headache. So now I got two complaints. I gotta go to customer ship up, I gotta go to customer service. Now who watches the receipt? This is flying. I'm gonna make sure my soda bottles are on sale. I gotta make sure everything. Just because I tell you it's on sale doesn't mean the digital couplan it applied. Well, now now I have I have two gripes. When I go back there, the parking situation, customer service and this twenty three ninety nine peanut putter. How much they charge for seedless gripes? Like thirty dollars? What are you talking? By the way, I was at the Whole Foods today, which I mentioned about I couldn't get the US. Yes, yeah, I had a return stuff that King of frugal. I had a return stuff to Amazon. The Amazon return is it? The Whole Foods? Okay? Anyway? For years? For years, you walk into the Whole Foods and as soon as you walk in the exit, right, there's the table right there by the silverware that you can take for the food. Right there's the counter of Amazon. You're done. You walk in ten feet that you're done. Boom. I walk in. There's picnic tables there. Now like, where the fuck is the Amazon return? I'll sign nowhere? No signage, So I'm looking around. I'm looking around, and finally some girls s works there. She goes. You have to look on your face like you're looking for the Amazon return. Yeah. Just it's all the way back there in the fall corner. Did I miss a sign? No, there's no sign. I had to go all the way to back. I think it's a national branding thing, because that's exactly the situation at the one by me, the Whole Foods by me. The Amazon return is there on that level, but it looks like a fucking giant break room like a cafeteria, and like, what the fuck's going on? And people are sitting down it's like a cafe and people are eating and drinking there. But that there's also in the way back there's an Amazon return So I guess so behind the picnic tables all the way in the back. That's how they're building my returns, so I said. I said to the woman who worked there, I said, hey, I couldn't find this place, like I didn't know you moved it. Yeah, just oh there's a sign. Really, where's the sign? Oh yeah, I guess there should be a sign. There's no sign. Yeah, so fuck you. Whole Foods for me and for Skiy, yeah, both of us, unless you want to sponsor the podcast asshole Foods. Asshole food Is that the name of this ass w h o eli food that's the name of the podcast this episode as Whole Foods. Oh my god, No, we can't name it that. Why not? Oh dude, I'll never I'll never get a sponsorship from them again. If they advertise I would have one. No, but I I would. If you think one comes down the road and he starts amazingly, will be very nice to them. I love Whole foods, but they've not been good to You want me today? That's all foods. That's whole foods, whole paycheck foods. Did we just think of a title right here as we're in the middle of the pod. By the way, I don't know if anyone's ever called it that before, but that's what I just called it. It's not my head. That's all foods. That's Whole foods. In a minute, all right, it's the podcast. I never told I have traded Joe's that to be over. I'll spell trader t R A I t o R trade trade Joe's I'm ready. Uh so we never man, we went on vacation and we just left everybody well, left everybody high and dry. Def Leppard album, nineteen eighty one. Everyone needs time with their family. I I planned this, I talked about it. I I I followed through on the promise. It wasn't just promise. We had to take Butters, the racist dog. Did you know the Butters was was boarded up or somebody was watching Butters. He wasn't boarded up. They didn't take planks of wooden and stable them. Damn they get damaged during zone. They bought. Isn't that what they call it when you when you leave, you board the dog. You don't board the dog up. You brought up windows during a hurricane or right? Do I know? I don't have any pets. They don't board it up though they bought it up the dog. No, you don't board up the dog. Brought up means you put boards on it. Some fuck Michael McDonald is white amazing. Listen. So they boarded up the dog. We went to We went to dumb ass. We stayed at COSTAA Campo in the Dominican Republican. Okay, Campo, can I address every Yeah? Yeah, you fucking you let me down a rabbit hole. You said it in that house of evil, and it does it. It means farmhouse. Thank you, slices. I tell you, I'm not going to mention any names, but two slices told me, hey, we looked it up. You weren't right. It's actually a house of whatever you just said farmhouse. Yeah, And I'm like, of course, I'm not right. It was a fucking joke. Of course, fucking what scary he doesn't speak Spanish cause of the Campo. Brody, you were wrong. I looked it up. It's not. I knew it. I knew I'd been had. I'm like, nas you know what. He did that on purpose, said thank you Slices for looking it up and tell me the real thing. So we were in the Dominican Republic, and a lot of people when they think Dominican Republic, they just think puttakana and that's it. Uh, But this is a whole other area. It's like, and this is not a commercial. This is not an ad. Believe me, it is not an ad. I paid fucking retail and then some for this. But it was a good time away the couple. Was the trip more expensive than whole foods? Yeah, it was expensive, okay, but you know what, you can't put a price on spending time with your family and you know, making memories with the grandkids from my father. That was turnkey. But I tried Dominican lamb. Yeah was it? I feel like a real woman I got. I got.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you ever not look things up like the camp on what it means? Yeah. Well, so my father was talking about having lamb chops because he likes lamb chops. So they made his lamb chops for lunch. But then they're like you know, for dinner, we're gonna cook you guys a specialty of the house, Dominican lamb. They're like, lamb chops are great, but Dominican lamb it's the best. Okay, just like red pandas aren't really pandas uh, and Dominican lamb is not really sweet. Breads are not sweet and they're not bread bread. Yeah. Yeah, it's like that. So as it turns out a rocky mountain oysters, the Dominican lamb comes out in like a stew and a beautiful sauce, and you know, it's like kind of like these chunky little pieces of look like it looks like beef. Okay, interesting, it's like lamb. Yeah, why don't you, Brodie, why don't you give a Google search real quick and find out live on this podcast. So we're sitting there, we're eating it, like, oh, this is so good. That's awesome, And I'm like, well, what kind of meat is this Dominican lamb? Yeah, Dominican lamb? Brody, tell them what Dominican lamb is. Hold, I'm looking it up. Hold on, hold, Dominican lamb is. I'll just spare you. No, no, no, no, keep going with your story. Well, well, the story is the punchline of what Dominican lamb really is. Okay, what is Dominican lamb? I'm getting recipes because they don't have they don't have, like lamb is not readily avail like real lamb. Like you're thinking the lamb chops with mint jelly. We had that. They found something for us for lunch. But the Dominican lamb in this stew and this sauce, yeah, is baby goat. You look at you, it's baby goat. We ate baby goat. And we were eating a baby goat. So they said, yeah, the baby goat. And when someone looked up at the table and there's the picture of a baby goat, I'm like, no, oh, yeah, braised.
Speaker 3: Goat, it's goat. Why do they call it lamb? Not the Yeah, it was it good, Oh my god, it was so good.
Speaker 1: We loved it. See mind over matter, you just never know. But yeah, we were eating, we were eating. We were eating Dominican lamb, baby goat. And I gotta say it was also, is it the greatest of all time? It was very good. Didn't get that reference? The greatest of all time? Goat? Goat? Oh goat? The greatest of all time. Ah, I see what you did there. Everybody, all the slices were waiting for you on that one. Yeah. No, of course, I'm sorry. That was like baby go Tom Brady's kid. Yeah. So uh yeah. So so we we did have we had a staff and that the chef would cook for us at the house. We would tell them what the groceries, what we wanted. And then a chef at the house, your boogie bastard, Well that was part of the deal. Like they they they cook for you if you want, and we were like, yeah, cook us something great. And then but you're paying for the food they go shopping for you, and now there's no whole foods there. But uh, you know, they give you a grocery bill at the end of this day and then you know, you you divvy it up. It's what you do when you're on vacation with the family. But I am a pro Fuck what's the matter, brody, because somebody already stole my idea? What's that? A booge cruise? A booge cruise, Yes, that was a million dollar idea Booge cruise dotready exists. God damn it. So this house that we were at. They were like, oh, this is this is a famous house. It's a party house. It's a ghost house. How much did you pay for it? No, it's not what I paid for it. It was a famous house where a big a lot of parties would go on. Post Malone stayed at this house. Wait a minute, so you were there post post Malone. I was there post post Malone, and Tiger the Rapper also stayed at the house. So you was a post Tiger. So all the while I'm thinking, don't touch his curls. Well, you know the pool area, I'm thinking like, oh my god, rockstar living. We're weird in the same house that post he rented. And then they told me that the bedroom that me and Robin are staying in, the bedroom that Robin and I were staying in, yeah, was the bedroom that post Malone stayed in. And Brody I couldn't help to think. It all hit me one one night I was sitting there by myself on the toilet and I'm like, oh my god, post Malone said on this toilet. I'm like, did I really need to know that post Malone's like slept in that bed and like sullied the sheets. And did it. But he did. I don't know. Anyway, it was it was cool to know they do in the pool. That's a better question. I don't know. Maybe you swam in circles. Oh oh, do you feel better now? I'm just saying yeah, I I I'm I don't know if I've I'm better for having that knowledge or if I'm worse off because scary you got to stay in a house where famous people stayed. No, but I kept thinking about, oh my god, this is I sat on this toilet. Post Malone sat on this toilet. That's like you're a rock star taking the life. You're a sign out, You're a psycho name in case you didn't know, slices, we're naming post Malone songs. I was, yes, I got four and I think I think I got three. Circles dude, post yeah, sunflower you. I was like, wow, I was wow. A hot tub there, Yes, yeah, there was a hot tub. Yes, due you know post Malone, uh post coitus right in that hot tug dude, you know he did? Yeah, Well, we ate so much. I was post by the end of that. Oh oh, speaking of postavon, scary are you doing with the trip talk? Because you sent me the video over. Yeah, yeah, I have, well, one more thing on the trip, one more thing on the trip. I feel like my niece Ruby hates me. I talked, no doubt I mentioned I mentioned it on the Big Show as an around the room. But I don't know what it is. I'm hoping she grows out of it. I couldn't look her directly in the eye every time I she was listen. This baby was happy, full of joy, smiling, laughing, eating with her. She was sitting in her high chairs. She yello, Jeff colicy? Was she colicky? She had her little baby bib on and the food. They have these rubber bibs that have a food catcher like a trough rubber babybibs underneath, so the food that like like falls into the think. So she's eating with her hands, she in the high chair. All of a sudden, I look at her and smile, like really, she stops. She looks me dead in the face and going from laughing to screaming her brains out. They took her about fifteen minutes to get under control. I was like, oh my god, I'm like, my niece hates me. I don't know if it's me if it's a guy thing. Whatever they're saying that babies that were born in the COVID era that didn't get to see and experience a lot of impultents' yes, a lot. I don't like you in general. No, I found it. Don't like you. I found out it's the outside world. They haven't gotten the seen it. They haven't gotten to see it. So like what you're going with, I wasn't over for three years. How old I was, she's like one and a half. The thing wasn't born during COVID, then, your dumb ass, No, but she she was protected and she stayed in a lot. She hasn't been exposed to the element. COVID was over in twenty one and a half. I read an article that COVID babies. All right, so maybe the baby's got a three now fun Nicki Minaj in two thousand and nine, Well, you have no concept it's a COVID baby. But these babies that were born okay, maybe not her, but babies that are three years old. But now, the one that hates you, they all have anxiety. They don't they haven't had outside stimuluses. You think she has anxiety from the fact that she missed COVID by two years. No, my brother and sister in law said that that for the first year of her life, they you know, they kind of kept her indoors a little bit. They kind of treated her. Now clubbing right, she wasn't out and exposed to the to the elements. So let me ask you a question. I saw her at Christmas. She was friendly to me. Are you looking directly in the eye? Of course I did it when we said, lo lords, are you doing it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: She's got it. Every time I see her, she cries you gave her a present. She turned away from you when you gave her a present. I know she'll grow out of that. A lot of people responded to that comment. When I made it and that people emailed me and they said, scary, don't worry about it. You know now it's ten fifteen years later, and my niece and my nephew they love me now. They used to cry when they see me, So I guess I don't have to really worry about it. But what are you gonna do with a twelve year old niece, a thirteen fourteen year old niece? The hell are you gonna say to them? I'm you probably won't be and see what undred at that point you'll be eighty Wow. What do you say you're ruthless tonight? Huh No, I'm just saying, like, what are you gonna says? You know what I'm saying. I mean, I'm not gonna she's not gonna avoid me. Who's to say, Who's to say? Man, kids, kids are weird that way? All right? Well, my kids avoid me and my kids do well. Listen to me. I'm just saying that there are maybe not ruby bad example, there are babies out there that are three four years old now that may have a lot of anxiety because I think a six month old baby knows the difference between sitting on the couch and sitting in a restaurant, but three years removed now they may have developmental issues because of what they went through.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you're making ship up. You're making up which podcast? Did you hear that on? Which which cable news network that made up that story. It's just throwing out, by the way, the CDC that what they issued today COVID should now be treated exactly like the flu sound familiar, Just saying yes, scary, I along now the strains have been changed, maybe taking the wind out of my seals because you're making I'm just saying, all of a sudden, it's being treated like the flu. Scary. I explained to you why it's being treated more like the flu now because the serious part it has gone. It's gone away, just like other viruses and disease. All Right, you and I have come to blows on this for years and you're quoting your unhappy. It was a happy It was a happy day. It was a very good day. People people coming around, different strain now, different strain. Okay, all right, we'll talk about the Earth being flat. We can do that next coming up after this. But where did that come from? Have you not put on social media? Have you not seen the swell of flat earthers. I'm not a I don't believe that the Earth is flat. Holy shit. You go on TikTok and you scroll for you page and every like seventh or eighth live videos. Brody, I can't even trust TikTok videos anymore. Some motherfucker put an oreo cookie in milk and a glass, put it in the microwave and it came out and the oreo was five times the size and I'm like, I can absorb the milk. And I'm like, that's a fucking Oreo cakester, you asshole. I know an Oreo cakester when I see one. And secondly, the time lapse after the three minutes in the microwave, he just reached into the microwave, grabbed the glass and pulled it out, and I'm like, ah, you would have needed potholders if that glass was just coming out of the microwave after three minutes. Well they.
Speaker 2: Ed it.
Speaker 1: He didn't put anything in there for three minutes, but he grabbed the fucking thing out of the microwave like it just came out. And I'm like, would you fucking like like gotten blisters on your hands? But no, My point is I don't I read. I read the blisters in a longer, painful. I don't that. I don't trust anything I see on TikTok. I don't. And you know, I'm just telling you this. People debating the Earth being flat, they think everything's fake. It's flat. My head hurts, mind does I can't watch the videos. I do have TikTok audio I want to play after this? Could you could you massage my temples? No, I cannot. I didn't know you were Jewish. Now I've told you about these scammers that go on, like the fourth the hidden fourth hidden object. Yeah, so I came across this one again. It's like a cartoon drawing and it's four items that are hidden, and it says, I bet you won't find the fourth item. Why because it's not there. It's not there. We've talked about this, right, and and the guy's like, oh, if I get like four more presents or money guns, I'll tell you where where it is. I'll tell you right now all we need a lot of times they're pre recorded, they're not even like live, they're just and they go, Maria got it, and you look at this, No Marie, in the in the comments, no one's getting it. No one's getting it right because it's not there. You can't find something it isn't there. And people are guessing, is it the hairbrush? Is it in her hair? Is it by your head? Is it by the cat? Is it's not there? So this guy is promising it's too long to play the whole thing, but I want you to hear this guy. He's like, I'm wanna tell you. I'm gonna tell you the answer right now, right now, I'm gonna tell you the answer right now here it is. Listen to this guy's audio. I wanted to go through the front of punch up you've before.
Speaker 2: Except right now, okay, only only have a few more seconds, yes, thor guys, we will be reviewing it in then in the next couple of seconds, everybody start screen recording your devices.
Speaker 1: Right now, right now. I can't I can't take it. I'm gonna jump ahead. Hold on, I'm gonna jump ahead. I can't take this ship. I want you to hear a little more of it. Everyone just everyone's doing this for the clicks, the views, the likes to go viralssres.
Speaker 2: Less left on the list. If you guys want to be noticed by thirty eight thousand people, you guys got to be a first to send the train right now eleven, you guys are gonna give you notice the pre recorder.
Speaker 1: Live the whole entire of course, it was what you hear that? Did you hear that? What are you say again? Listen again? Here's the ending here.
Speaker 2: Iss less left on the list. If you guys want to be noticed by thirty people.
Speaker 1: Seven minutes later, it's got to be a first one. He's still gonna tell you right.
Speaker 2: Now, who's gonna be the first one? You guys are gonna give me noticed by the whole entire live.
Speaker 1: Whole entire he that went entire. Yeah, you know I went dead? Why he ended? Yeah, ended the live and then yeah, hold on, I find him again as I'm scrolling through the for you page. Hold on you get to the end of here again. Yeah, this is this is twenty minutes now. Lady's hair, the spoon, he's giving he's telling you what we already know, the three we already know, and then he goes, it's over. He just it just ends the live. He never tells you, and it comes back. He goes, I don't know what happened. I don't know what happened. It's never it's never cut out before. It's never cut out before. I'm gonna tell you what it is right now. Twenty minutes he goes, on, I leave and I come back. He's still doing it. I'm gonna tell you right now, right now, I see five more people right now, right now. Everybody. Everybody wants to be famous, everybody wants to go viral, everybody, but but these misleading. I just can't stand these misleading experiments where they just it's all, it's all fuckery. You know it's not it's not real. What was that, the one the non melting ice cream or something? Yeah, well, no, that that's real. In one moment did we talk about that? It's all it's all it's all chemicals. It's all chemicals. It doesn't melt. No, this fucking oreo thing where the oreo like, bet you didn't know this. It took me all these years to figure out that the oriole will absorb the milk if you put it in for three minutes. You can't believe if you watch something you're like this so much. There's so many scambonies on on on TikTok. If you see something and you go, I can't believe that's amazing, then it's probably not. It's probably not. If it was that amazing, you'd know about it already. Oh oh did you last week? Hold on, ye dude, we're sidetracking each other. What happened to the band? You were gonna pull up?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: The band? No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Now I want to hear about curby your enthusiasm okay, because I can't curb my enthusiasm anymore. Okay, hold on, curb your hope, Curby enthusiasm. Not not so Today's what it was today Monday? Yeah right, not the episode on on the third. What's stay the fourth? Today's the fourth? Yeah? Not not the March third episode. Last week, the February episode, Larry walks in at eleven ten to the golf club with his friends, no spoilers, not a big deal. And he and his friends are like, oh, give me have an omelet. And she says, after eleven o'clock, I can't. I can't make it. I can't make you breakfast. I can't have breakfast's clothes. We're we're on lunch menu now. He said, well, what's the big deal? Some eggs, I cook it myself. We can't do it. He has his own eggs in his pocket. He I got my own eggs. I got my own eggs. It's bread in the back. Make me some French toast. He's I gotta French toast. So she gets in the whole argument, and then she ends up making them gets into breakfast food at eleven ten. Then every other table in the place now wants breakfast food. Became a whole thing. The whole episode. Then they go back, they go back later. I'm gonna tell you, gotta watch the episode. But it's all about he couldn't get breakfast after eleven o'clock. Sound familiar. It's only eleven ten. What are you talking about? You just finished making it? Yeah, except when it's happened to me the Jersey Shore. It was eleven oh one. Okay, eleven oh one eleven ten are two different things. Did you bring your own eggs? I didn't, b yoe? No? Okay, Oh it was great. Here's a great episode so far. It's a pretty good season. Now that that TikTok that I sent you that you're just obsessed with. Okay, I knew you on this in his video. Look, I don't want to hear about fat shaming. I don't all right, this is Brooklyn Boys podcast. We could just do it. You don't even have to give the disclaimer. Okay. He sends me a video It's almost cool, Alice is are cool? Okay. It's from an account called epic dot Comments, dot God, and they post off that already has unbelievably funny comments. Yeah. So it's a video of three guys in a garage or four guys in a garage's jamming with their guitars. They're jamming and they're they're incredibly large, incredibly large. One of these guys are big, and they're playing like this, like rock this bad. I had these power chords. They were like jammin' with you know, with their guitars and strumming their guitars and and so it's about thirty second comments. Thirty second video. No, it's it's like five seconds. It is not even long. It's just the loop. It's I'm looking at the comments and if one person wrote, you know, like Pyork, they wrote Puork with a P like pork. And then someone wrote Avenged seven Folds, red Hot, Twinkie Scoffers, food street Boys, rage against the Cardio Machine. Yeah, Alison Kanes, which is a chicken fried chicken place. Uh, and pressure wrote this band is heavy as fuck, meaning the music but the heart attacks Fleetwood, Mac and Cheese, m we know, bread Zeppelin, bread Zeppelin, Pound Garden, led Zeppelin, Feasty Boys, Panic at the Crisco, the Rolling Stones, the Rolling Stones, Jimmy Eat, Worlds, Panic at the Bistro, pearl Ham, Heart Attack, earth Wind, and tired. So I got Mumfort and Tons. So I got sucked in. So you may not know all of these bands, I'm gonna mention, but I did rage against the vending machine, the Bait, Titty Rollers, Minnie van Halen, Cage, the Elephants, the meg A Death, Shalk Reference, Savage, Olive Garden, Fat, Lizzie Our Lady, piece of Pizza, jelly Rolls, Faith no More. I turned into fits no more. A flock of seagulls. I turned into a plate of seagulls. Less than Jake, I turned into more than Jake, eagleye cherry Pie. I turned Arrow Smith into Carol Smith. Caro is the syrup you make a pea campie out of bowling for sheep Hershey's Kiss, Wow, Newfound Gravy, Avenge, seven Sevenfold, Culture Club, Sandwich, Foody and the Flay of Fish, The Flat Blowfish, Alter Bridge, Collapse, Man sized Steamrollers, Mighty Mighty Waistbands, Alison Spanks, Fall limp e rhythmcdonald's chicken finger Fruit Punch, Red Tracksuit Apparatus. Wow, you just kept going. I wrote five Young Cannibals, and there's only four of them, So you make it figure out where went Golden Corral Earring, Burger King Diamond, you know, Temple of the Dog. I made them, Temple of the Hot Dog eating Contest, Cohat and Cambria. I made Coheating, Camon Bear, Huge Lewis and the Choose Buffalo, Wild Winger, Midnight, Friar Oil, Florida Georgia Sized Bachman Turner, Overweight, My Edible Romance, Three Hog Night, The Almond Butter Brothers Band, All you Can Eat Breakfast Club. Do you kept going nine inch chins jars of gravy? How many hows were you at this? Three minutes? Jim Class, no shows, real real, real, real, big fish, electric light orches for electric light orchestra. I had to stop, it was getting late. I had so much fun. Yeah, I hope they don't see the common but boy, there's some fucking clever people on the Internet. Yes, so the Internet always wins. The Internet wins. They have to know. I mean, I think they do that sometimes just to put it out there to see if anybody's gonna bite, because because people my god, So one other thing I wanted to bring up before uh oh we talked about oh did uh oh wait a second, Oh yes, this happened and Robin and I. I was embarrassed, me and Robin. No, Robin and Robin and me. Well, actually it happened to me and Robin. Let's fine that way, ye. So during that vacation, one night, we're like, oh, let's just the two of us go out to dinner. So we went to the Italian restaurant that they had. You should have invited me. I couldn't make it this and they had serenaders. So they had a violinist and like, I guess they're playing like their their acoustic guitar or whatever it was, but three of them and they were singing. They were all singing together like Italian songs. So they approach our table a song for the lady, A song for the lady that we didn't have fucking cash on us. Oh no. I was like, oh no, this is awkward. And it was after they started singing, so I'm like, now what. I felt so bad, Brodie because now they're singing and the only thing I could think of while they're serenading us is I got no money for a tip? I mean you got to tip them, right. They don't just sing. They don't come over to your table and sing for free. I feel like you got to give them at least five what you say, five bucks? Oh yeah, at least buck. How many guys were there? Three? I think I give him five. You gotta give them five at least at least five. If not, you know, you can slip them three singles. But you got you know, I mean, if I had a twenty dollars bill on me, I'd say, here, sing me a couple of songs. But I was I was not even in that position. I felt so embarrassed. So they finished and I was like, yeah, bravo, okay, and then they they did that linger, like the pregnant pause, like yeah all right, and I'm like, I'm like, you guys were amazing, thank you. And I just looked down at my fucking steak and I started cutting it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yes, So so as they've walked away, no, I said, excuse me, I said, as you know, I came from one of the houses here and I'm staying at the post. I only have I only have a credit card on me. And he got go and go and gold bars and he goes, oh, he goes, that's not a problem at all. He goes, he pulls out a card. He goes, here's the cue. Scan the QR code. He goes, this is my VENMO. Nice. Yeah. I'm like, yeah, all right, okay, Now you're thinking I said you got it, and I scanned the VET. I scanned the QR. They don't take it over with that ship anymore. No, that's exactly it. Now it's like, oh, so sorry, I don't have any cash, Like, I mean, someone could be in hands. A homeless guy is gonna come to your call window, yes, and he's gonna say, can you help me out with some lunch? Like, I don't have any money? God? No, I got Venmo, then I got Vemo, I got cash app here, just scan the QR and send me some money. Freaking dude, everybody's getting in on it now. I mean, I have it in my notes to talk about this episode. There was an accordion player on the on the on the Path train last two weeks ago when I was on the Path train right and he's playing piano man. First of all, you can't play piano man on the court. Oh wait, yeah, that doesn't make any sense. You shouldn't be playing sing as a song. You're the accordion man, don't you should do scenes with an Italian restaurant. He can do the beginning. Yeah, so he's got a he's got his Venmo sign hanging off his basket. You had the basket in case you had cash, and if you didn't, he had the Venmo QR code, which, as we all know, QR stands for scary. What does QR stand for? You know? I don't. I don't even know no QR oh QR code? What does that mean? Quick reader response? Quick response? Okay, dire go slices, you're welcome. Didn't know, I'm not am'st the slices new it's fine and most people quick response code. I was quick reader. See see, I just off I thought off the top of my head what it could possibly mean. You know what the letters A Venmo stand for virtual? I don't know nothing nothing. Oh, you're fucking trying me now, now you're it's a mobile vendor, is what I assume it's UH short for. But it doesn't I don't stand someone gona up with something.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 1: You know what it means, right, gentlemen only ladies forbidden. No, it doesn't mean that. Okay, hey, uh scary if you had like let's say you had ten pairs of white tube socks you wore every day. Yeah, ten pair, You had a ten pack of socks. If you're wearing a pair of socks and at the end of the night, you're like, you realize your big toe has gone through one of them, Yeah, rip the hole? What do you do with the socks? I throw that one away, and then I put the other one aside because at some point it may happen again, and then I have another pair that I can match up. Thank you, you don't throw away the other sock I have. I have a friend. I'm not gonna mention his name, but he throws both socks out. That's stupid. Of course it'sid so sock they're not. There's no left and right right. Then when then when you rip another one, you tell I'm other the pair out? Yeah, that's dumb. Yeah, but I do put it aside, just so I don't drive myself crazy thinking that I lost bottom, right, I think it under the stack of socks in the drawer, because eventually it's gonna happen, or one's gonna go missing, because that always happens. And then you're like, uh, bonus sock in the drawer. Yes, love that, thank you. Yeah. By the way, I worry I wouldn't have tube socks because I thought bougie bastard like you, you're like throwing shit in the No, no, not with socks. I don't waste socks, but I wouldn't wouldn't catch me dead in tube socks. What is this? Nineteen eighty six gym class socks just like white sock at you know whatever? Yeah, alright, I'm not talking about tube socks for God's sake. Okay, all right, we got to roll out of here. I mean, unless you have something else no I want, I'll save it for next week. I have to. I have a problem with car seat etiquette. I feel like there's a there's an etiquette to car seats, not car not nope, nope, not where. No, it's it's the etiquette of who sits wearing a car. We'll adjust that next week. Oh okay, I had a real problem this weekend, and I knew I was right. I googled it as the problem was happening. Oh, there's a right or wrong to this one? Oh this? Yeah? Oh yeah, I was yeah, I was wrong, all right. By the way, dooms do boring is ship and I'm a sci fi fan. Wow, boys boys roo.