Speaker 1: Okay, it's Amy and we are back with another Sunday sampler. It's clips from some of the podcasts that came out this week on the Nashville Podcast Network. On the Bobby Cast, Bobby sat down with comedic legend Tom Green. Tom talks about how he pushed the envelope when he hosted Saturday Night Live. He talks about the Bum Bum Song, his new documentary that's out about his life, and so much more. On my podcast four Things with Amy Brown, I sit down with my dermatologist and we talk about skincare myths, the truth behind beauty, sleep, and how often we should be showering and even washing our hair. Also whether stress can cause hair loss like for real for real? And collagen supplements are they any good? This week's episode of In the Vets Office is all about cats. Doctor Josie is joined by one of her former Vets school classmates and friend, doctor Bean, and they're answering all kinds of things. Should I be worried about hairballs? Why is my cat peeing outside of its litter box? And what is making biscuits really mean? So we're gonna get started with that one. Here's a clip from this Week's in the Vets Office with doctor Josie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're listening to in the Vets Office with doctor Josie Horshak.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of clients that say, Okay, I can't get my cat to stop jumping on my counters.
Speaker 4: What do I do?
Speaker 5: So, I mean, my cat does not jump on the counter.
Speaker 6: Is cheese perfect?
Speaker 5: So I think it's you know, it's a training issue.
Speaker 7: I think you'll try to obviously discourage it when they are jumping up the kind of a couple of tricks that I'll recommend to people. Cats in general are very tactile. They based a lot of their decisions on how things feel. So putting like double sided tape on the countertop or like aluminum foil. Sometimes saran wrap also works. They hate how that feels, so they'll usually and immediately jump off. And so the hope is that they just learned that they just don't jump up there because it feels weird for them.
Speaker 6: And it's like dogs where you start.
Speaker 3: If you start them young as a kitten, hopefully they don't develop that bad habit.
Speaker 7: With all behaviors cats and dogs start them young. Trim their nails young if you can. Yeah, get any sort of behavior shoes kind of sorted as early as possible is going to be your best way to get it sorted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I do get it. I think you know your cats are going into their litter boxes or peeing and pooping, and then if they're like walking across your kitchen counter, it's probably not the best thing in the world. So that is fair. Zala doesn't jump on your kitchen counter at all?
Speaker 4: No, wow, at all?
Speaker 3: You were a strict cat daddy.
Speaker 7: I mean I would say I'm not. I am not tempted by their their tricks. You know, cats and dogs. I see them begging for food, I see them asking fricks or things. You have to be you have to be stronger.
Speaker 5: You have to be stronger totally.
Speaker 3: I think having some structure is a really good thing sets you up for success. What do you think about keeping cats on flea, tick and heartworm prevention all ye round, Especially my clients will say, my cat doesn't go outside their indoors. Only do I really need to do that?
Speaker 5: This is a tough one. I know. I'm going to be very honest.
Speaker 7: I think you know, if you go to your vet, your vet is probably going to recommend this is my cat on flee in tick.
Speaker 1: She is not.
Speaker 7: I kind of explain it to people, Hey, it's all about how you manage risk and how comfortable you are with risk. Can I say that it's impossible that your cat will get fleas if they're indoor only, It's not impossible. I've definitely seen cats get flees when they're indoor only.
Speaker 5: Is it likely play not likely.
Speaker 7: So if you're a person that wants no risk, you want to make sure you're covered, then I would definitely stay on flee in tick. If you're somebody that's like, you know, a little ambiguity is fine, I can manage it. If it comes along, then you may not have to put them on flee Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good, really good point. Also too, like depending on where you live, Like being is in downtown Chicago and a high rise, it gets very very cold there in the winter, I feel like you don't see as many fleas, like down here in the South in Nashville, we see so many fleas. And I think if you have like cats, and you have dogs in the house or other pets, you know, if they're going outside at all, then having them on prevention makes a lot of sense. But yeah, if you're in like New York City or Chicago and you're living on the twentieth floor, the risk of them not being on prevention is pretty low.
Speaker 7: Pros and cons with each side. I think if they have like a skin disease, I'll always recommend being on free prevention at least for a month or two, just in case cats. A lot of times you will not see fleas on a cats. They groom themselves so so well, and so I've had cases where we work them up for allergies or other causes for itching and scratching, and you do special diets, you do medications, you spend it to a specialist, and it was just a flea all that time, and it's like, just put them on sleep prevention and initially to see if it works, because that's such an easy fix for kind of what I would call a stupid problem. Yeah, and can save people a lot of time and money.
Speaker 3: It's funny how you say that, Like dogs will see them come in with fleas and it's so obvious they're crawling in fleas, And then a cat comes in and they are so meticulous, they've like plucked each tiny little flea off and so you don't always know.
Speaker 7: Oh no, and usually you never know. Usually you don't see them. That's why I think, always if we're having a skin problem sort of, flea prevention is always a smart idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like twenty bucks and maybe thirty bucks now and covers your bases and can definitely save you a lot of time and money if that's what it is. Okay, what do you think about My favorite thing in the entire world, which is when cats make biscuits?
Speaker 5: Is everyone's favorite things.
Speaker 8: I love when they're in the bikery.
Speaker 7: No, she now, it's it warms your heart. When a cat decides for the first time that they want to make biscuits on you. It's like they have decided they love you, they care about you. And that's why iley cats of the dogs, I feel like a dog. Most dogs, you give a treat, they love you forever. A cat, you really have to work for them to love you, and when they love you back, it is like nothing.
Speaker 3: Else, like you won the lottery. Oh you've been chosen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have been chosen. And so when they make biscuits, you know, I think there's a couple theories out there I think some one time I read that as kitts, they do it to like stimulate milk production in their mom so they you know, maybe they feel like you're a parental figure. They love you, They're comfortable, they want to kind of get a nice comfortable spot going because I feel like sometimes my cat can make biscuits for like twenty thirty minutes, really not long, and I say, we get enough biscuits. We have too many biscuits. Now we made too many.
Speaker 4: Who's gonna eat all these biscuits?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 3: That is crazy twenty thirty minutes.
Speaker 9: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Oh she'll she can go. I've seen cats can go for a long time.
Speaker 3: Wow, just working away in the bakery, just making biscuits. Oh there's nothing cute or oh I love it. I need you just send me a picture of Zalda making biscuits.
Speaker 5: I have videos I'll show you after this.
Speaker 3: On your chest making them, yeah, like on your chest.
Speaker 7: On your ab, demand on your back, like wherever they want to do.
Speaker 5: Cat's do do whatever.
Speaker 3: I wish I could have a cat.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: I as everyone knows, I have three dogs and my husband is like deathly allergic. I would have to literally get rid of him in order to have a cat.
Speaker 7: I mean, I love him, I love your husband, but I mean I like cats a lot too, So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'd have to think about it.
Speaker 3: It depends on the day. Some days I'm like, get out, give me the cats.
Speaker 10: I will say.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 3: One thing that we haven't talked about is there is a diet out there that Purina makes clear, Live Clear something like that, and the cats eat it. And one of like the main sources of allergens and cats comes from their saliva and their dander, and it's supposed to kind of like change that so that if you do have allergies, you're less allergic to the cats. I've had some owners say it works.
Speaker 5: I've had some oilers say it works.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I always tell owners, you know, we don't have any studies. We don't have any like research that proves this, I think, but I've had owners try and they think it works and they're happy with it.
Speaker 5: So hey, if it works, yeah, great.
Speaker 4: Definitely worth a shot.
Speaker 3: I think the big thing for me is like, if you know you're highly allergic, you probably shouldn't get a cat because then you're just gonna have to end up rehoming it. If you already have the cat and you're experiencing allergies, great, like this is a great option to try live clear pirina. Look at us, we're plugging again.
Speaker 4: Someone sponsor us? Thanks my god.
Speaker 12: Who do you hear from? Is it somebody an executive at MTV? Do they call whomever's now managing and representing you? How quick does all of that happen? And what's like the board?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 12: You walk into a business room, like the cliche thing. There's all these chairs and they offer you the big deal you've been waiting for, Like, what really happened?
Speaker 13: I've got a pretty hilarious story about that. I don't know if I'll see if I can paint the picture properly. So well, first of all, what happened was I was the show was now kind of popular in Canada enough that I got invited on the one talk show we had in Canada at the time. It was called Uh Mike Bullard was the name of the host. He just passed away, Rest in peace, Mike. He was a very funny guy. He gave kind of gave me a did me a solid there. He'd have us on his show. And I'd go on and do some you know, goofy thing that I probably you know, like I was talking about earlier, I probably you know, regret doing, but you know it was uh, you know, I would go on with the bags of milk and we have milk comes in bags in Canada, which is strange, but anyways, pop milk bags and milk would fly everywhere and the microphone would break and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 9: But his manager.
Speaker 13: Was there, who's from Los Angeles also since passed away. He's in the documentary. His name's Howard Lapedis and he he uh, he represented uh, Jimmy Kimmel, who was not you know, he was on radio at the time, and Carson Dally who was on TRL, and Norm McDonald and also Doctor Drew and Adam Carolla who were doing Loveline on MTV. So Howard was in the MTV universe and he brought the show there and that's kind of how we got the initial meeting to do the pitch of the show. So they saw the few tapes that he showed them and then they flew us. They flew me down to Los Angeles and probably twenty seven or twenty eight years old, and put me up in the Maundry on Okay, which is the most Los Angeles feeling place to be. He's sort of modern, you know, Artsy Hotel furthest thing from Ottawa, and it's right beside the House of Blues, which is no longer there, but the House of Blues they had these pitch meetings every year for MTV and they bring all the producers and writers into come out, and you have a in front of the MTV executives and the top executive there was Brian Graiden, who I did not know who anyone was, but he was. He was the one who ultimately signed the show. But and so they had told me they had seen four or five or they had seen a bunch of our tapes now at this point, and they had sort of directed me play this one, this one, this one. Come, you're gonna come out. You're gonna play these four tapes and then and then talk a bit about the show. And so there's this thing I used to do, which again I put it in the documentary, so I should probably not be embarrassed to say it, but I used to kind of for a gag, I would suck melcout of Cow's utters. You know, it was just it was just a gag.
Speaker 14: It was just a gag.
Speaker 13: But and they said, don't don't play that one though, don't play that one. That's so But I just was such a idiot, I guess that I you know, they literally told me to make a VHS tape and put this tape on where you paint your parents house, the one where you love the crutches and you're falling down on the street on the crutches, and the one where you go in the pharmacy and try to buy condoms. Play those three, but don't play the cow utter one. And I was so sort of sure that now we need a gross out one. You know, we need to have a balance here, you know, it's very important to me that we have a balance. So I still put that one on the tape, and I came out and I did my.
Speaker 14: Big speech and.
Speaker 13: It was actually like quite, it wasn't cut complete idiocy, like it was thought through, like I did say in the speech. You know in the pitch, you know, you know that this is shot on home video cameras and looks raw and it looks rough, and because I'm a skateboarder and skateboarders are doing this now, like this kind of thing, and it'll be relatable. And so I really did kind of tried to explain why it looked the way it looked, and then I played everything, and then I played the cow utter thing. Of course, the room was went nuts because it was disgusting, right, and but and funny, it's really funny that, you know, dressed as Captain Kirk or something like that, squirting mel call over my face. But but then I had brought a backpack with me, and in the backpack I had a couple of cans of shaving cream and I just, for whatever reason, decided, after I do that, I'm, you know, while everyone's freaking out about the cow atter sucking, I'm going to lie down on the boardroom table in front of everyone and spray shaving cream all over my face and screamed that I want to be on MTV. So I did that, and everyone's going.
Speaker 9: What the hell's this kid?
Speaker 13: And I took the shaving cream and I walked up to the guy who looked like he was in charge, and I put some on his face, and then I just walked out. I was Brian Graydon and then I walked out of the room and the guy had been kind of coaching me to do the to do the pitch, so you know, called me and it was laughing so that you put shaving cream on my boss's face. But they called the next day and they picked up the show next day. Yeah, yeah, and they and I remember going down the elevator with Howard Lapitas and he said, that was the craziest best pitch I've ever seen. I did never.
Speaker 14: I had never pitched anything before.
Speaker 13: I didn't know what a pitch was. But uh, naivety, I guess kind of is good sometimes, but uh and then uh and then they literally I was moved to They got me an apartment in New York City and we moved down to New York. We took all our tapes and which were hundreds and hundreds of tapes, and immediately they began sort of working and packaging these tapes, and they built a studio for us in Times Square right beside where they do TRL and that was I was at the first ten episodes were just old clips from the from the Canadian show repackaged with the new studio.
Speaker 15: Good Cass Up Road, Little Food for Yourself, Life, Oh, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 9: It's pretty beautiful, beautiful laugh.
Speaker 11: A little more exciting, said, he can cut your kicking with full with Amy Brown, do.
Speaker 1: You spend a lot of time learning about the gut and is that something you recommend? Obviously you have topical things and different treatments for your patients, but sometimes do you have a conversation of Okay, what are we eating?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, one hundred percent. It wasn't actually covered that much back in the day when we were in med school, because they were looking at the body as different systems. You know, you have skin, you have gut, you have your kidneys, your liver. But now there's an emphasis on how you can tie this all together. And research has shown that there's certain foods that are pro inflammatory for certain conditions. So, for example, let's say someone has roseatia, which is rennous of the cheeks. We know that there are certain foods that can make it worse. Alcohol, caffeine, so anything like coffee and so forth, spicy foods, and this varies on the person, so each person may have a different response. I have some patients who have acne, and if they eat let's say a lot of sugars during Christmas, time, they will break out immediately. We're learning more about dairy. Dairy is still kind of like in flux. Some people have maybe an intolerance to gluten, to cern types of diets. So I think it's important to know your body and the best way to do it is actually, for example, cut out alcohol for three weeks or two weeks and see hiw your skin response. You'll be surprised. Cut out certain types of sweets, you know, and you will see a difference in your skin.
Speaker 1: As a doctor, do you have strong thoughts about alcohol, because I feel like earlier in the year, I know it's still on February, but I believe it's early January, the Surgeon General came out talking about how there should be a warning label on all alcohol for cancer. I know that's not your specialty, but when it comes to aging, because like we've always heard, well one glass of wine a day.
Speaker 4: Keeps the doctor away, or it's good for your heart.
Speaker 1: And looking at the body as a whole, do you find that heavier drinkers tend to look older than they are.
Speaker 16: You know, when you drink alcohol, it actually causes a lot of oxidation. Oxidation leads to inflammation. Inflammation is honestly what causes all these issues. So for example, when we look at patients, let's have a heart disease, let's just go out of the skin, go to the heart for a second. Heart disease is actually a form of inflammation. It is nothing different than perhaps what's going on with roseatia with your face. Now you can argue that you know, certain types of alcohol like red wine, for example, may help for people with heart disease because it thins or blood out. So if you drink alcohol, you're less likely to clot, so therefore you're less likely to have a heart attack.
Speaker 6: But that's like.
Speaker 16: Maybe a glass of wine here or there. But yes, heavier drinkers put a lot of stress in the liver, and the liver is what's responsible for clearing all the toxins. And if we're not careful, over time, your liver becomes less efficient. When you're younger, I mean, you can do whatever you want to and your body can respond down the road. It's like if you get injured, it takes longer to heal if you have a cut to skin, if you're like ten years old versus fifty, big difference in the healing time. The scarring So.
Speaker 1: That's why as I have aged one margarita with my friends, you know, on a Tuesday night Wednesday impacts me, or maybe a Friday night. But I'm just giving an example of I wake up the next day feeling way different than I did if I had a margarita a long time ago.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, standing with sleep before, you might be able to be up and work late next day still be functional. So I look at this as you have to know your body. You will you have to like listen to it. If you listen to it, if you understand what it's telling you in these sole cues, you can actually kind of adjust things and perfect yourself because it's all about health and wellness in my mind.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned sleep, let's pivot for a second to that beauty sleep, Like is that a real thing?
Speaker 4: So you're like, oh, I got to get my beauty sleep.
Speaker 1: It was just sort of a saying back in the day. But yeah, there's definitely something to it.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, and we see it in the skin immediately because people who don't sleep get dark circles. You're already seeing that inflammation forming. You are in real time looking at that person and you can identify their skin doesn't look fresh. Sleep has a way to regenerate your body. That regeneration is important for sol turnover, for good skin tone, good health. In fact, that's how I hear lost. For a second, there is a type of hair loss called telagion effluvium, which is due to stressors. Hair loss due to stress. Now, what's the stress from? Lack of sleep is one of the things. So if you're working hard, NonStop, if you're under stressed, chronic stress we're talking about not a huge stress, it takes a toll aging. If you look at people who eat well, sleep well, take care of their body, they actually do substantially better in terms of your blood work and their overall skin health and hair health as well.
Speaker 1: So simply adjusting how much sleep you might be getting could be step one. Easy things yeah, which I mean if you're stressed, though sometimes it's not easy to fall asleep fair enough.
Speaker 16: But then there's things that you can do that can be ways to mitigate that stress. Like, for example, go for a little walk. Sometimes if you go for a walk, and this would be a run, I know people say do a little bit more physical activity, go for a walk for fifteen minutes, walk like three miles per hour on that treadmill three and a half miles pour. You'll feel better, your mind will be more clear, your thoughts will become a little bit more crisp, you're more centered, and then your body will kind of take itself out of this flight and fight response. The problem is that we are bombarded by so much all the time, social media, this, that text messages, so you never give your time, You never give your body time to recuperate to heal. So what you're doing is say, if you do certain activities, you can actually take your body out of this whole like fight and flight response. And that's what unfortunately the world has become becoming more responsive as supposed to be proactive and how I can take care of situations more now, responding to each stimuli.
Speaker 9: We're gonna do it live. We are the one, two, three sore losers. What up, everybody? I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a spoil's genius, y'all.
Speaker 17: It's Sison. I'm from the North. I'm an alpha male. I live on the North side of Nashville with Baser my wife. We do have a farm. It's beautiful, a lot of acreage, no animals, a lot of crops.
Speaker 9: Hopefully soon corn pumpkins. Rye.
Speaker 17: I believe maybe a little fescue to be determined. Over to you, coach.
Speaker 9: And here's a clip from this week's episode of The Sore Losers. Ray was a wild on e with Brooke Burke. I never saw that one. I did see Singled Out. That was a good one with Jenny McCarthy. That was a fantastic show, dude.
Speaker 17: Brooke Burke would travel the country in a bikini and show you all these tropical places and you'd go, That's why I'm going to college, because I'm gonna retire and go there. Well, I'm forty, still haven't gone there. Watch that shit in high schooling, dude, and you're like, man, that's all I want to do, make money.
Speaker 9: Travel doude.
Speaker 17: This Brooke Burke just got bikini body all over your TV?
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 17: Is that the same hick that was Dancing with the Stars, dude? Was she was more big on Wild on Ee than Dancing with the Store But is that who she was?
Speaker 9: I don't know. I was a fan when Bones was on and I've never seen it since or before. I think another girl that was on Daisy Foint test that shit was hot, dude, wild on E.
Speaker 17: And you know what, I never saw a girl at a bikini like that other than spring break or then when I moved to the West side of Nashville in the whale tails.
Speaker 9: Because I went to a school in Chicago.
Speaker 17: I didn't see mikini for fifteen years, but I watched it every day wild on E and I thought, that's what life's was found out real quick. You gotta go on vacation to see that. I used to watch Real World, and I thought, that's what life is. That is what it is, dude. It kind of was it kind of was. It kind of was badass in college when you could go to the bars. I'm telling you the first time I went to a bar, I was eighteen and I went to Bob Popular's and I'm telling you, a brawl broke out where people were breaking pool cues over each other's backs, and I was like, this, shit is what life is about.
Speaker 14: This is living.
Speaker 9: This is what all the stories I've been hearing and then on the TV and movies. And then I go out the next time and there was no fight. Go out. The next time there was no brawl, and I'm like, oh, so it's not exactly like TV.
Speaker 17: One of my first bar experiences, South Beach got us into a bar in Texas State on the square there and he goes, hey, dude, I got a what was it?
Speaker 9: Gift card?
Speaker 17: He goes, but there's still a couple dollars on it, and he goes, you can scan it and we'll get all our drinks and then we'll bounce. And so at this point my life, Dude, I didn't know you do bad stuff. Bad stuff ends up happening to you.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 17: You can't do bad stuff like this. Carmel will get you. So we go in there. We go to this bar and kiss what Casey goes, South.
Speaker 9: Beach goes, oops, delete that.
Speaker 17: South Beach goes, Hey, but I know the bartender, I know the front desk person, I know the valet, I know this. He knew everybody at the bar. He got all me and my boys in. We weren't twenty one. We go in all there's a back door. One of us got in. One of us just came in right past the ticket taker, no cover, everybody else paying five bucks. Bro We got into a table, two hundred dollars in drinks, gave her a gift card, and we were all out of there. Didn't pay a dollar for drinks. That was my first bar experience. I think bark bar bad karma got me probably for the next year of my life after that one.
Speaker 9: Why, I don't know.
Speaker 17: I mean, how can you jump on a tab and not expect that to come around and buy what you mean jump.
Speaker 9: On a tab? You said you paid with the gift card.
Speaker 17: Gift card had two dollars on it, so it scanned so she was able to hold it, and then we bailed before she came back. Oh so when she went to actually run it, run it for two hundred and ten dollars, it.
Speaker 9: Failed, It declined. We were long gone.
Speaker 17: Damn so green Parrot, if you are still open on the square, I would love to pay that two hundred dollars back. They may have foreclosed, they may have went bankrupt, check, but still owe it. As far as I'm concerned, we need to pay that back. It was in two thousand and seven. Maybe if you just go back.
Speaker 9: And say I had a tab, I need to close out my tab, and they're like, oh, what was the last name. I'm by Ods from two thousand and two.
Speaker 17: Dude, they pull it up. It's a bunch of those. Uh hey, what's the bitch shot? The what kama cozis no, no, no, the one no. The thing that's like the weakest alcoholics is sugary.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's like lemon dropper, Kamakazi those but it's that actual shot. It's a bottle.
Speaker 17: That's just oh you would know you're the bar guy Rum Vodka White Walker.
Speaker 9: I don't sugar, you're talking about a shire.
Speaker 17: No, it's the bottle, the bottle Pacifico sweet Rum sugar. Uh, I mean I know now it's like whipped cream.
Speaker 9: There's a whip cream. Parrot one four North LBJ Drive, San Marcus, Texas. They serve food. Yeah, it's still.
Speaker 5: Open, guys.
Speaker 9: Let us know. We'd love to pay that back. Best bar in the square since nineteen eighty two. Man, Malibu, it's Malibu, dude, Dude, they'll get they're gonna pull up the bill and it's gonna be twelve male shots. It's Clark, the Dirty Bird is Greenparrot dot smmtx on freaking Insta A shitty Saturday.
Speaker 17: Three dollars fifty cent lemon drops. You're not there on their insta. Dude, I don't think Nephews is still open. But we go to Nephews and there we didn't sneak in.
Speaker 18: We do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hey, Green Parrot, they got a hottie. They got a hotty who serving drink, probably her mom. God Dalliam.
Speaker 17: Dude, we go to Nephews in South Beach because all these Texas State kids, they're just there like kind of just show off.
Speaker 9: Nobody's there at a bar to really drink because people puck. We go Green Parrot's got some ladies there. If you're in Sam Marcus, stop by there on the square. There are some hotties in there. Hey hear me on this one. I'm hearing you.
Speaker 17: College is about the pregame. Nobody's really drinking at a bar, so South Beach taught me, yeah, because you can't afford it, right, So we go to Sanctuary Lofts, get tanked with Billy, and then we go to Nephews and South Beach would go get a glass that had a little bit of cranberry juice or a little bit of vodka still in it, and then he'd go in the bathroom and pour it from the faucet, so it looked like you had a full drink, but it was really somebody else's glass and it was all water down and you just fake like you drink it. He taught me, you don't really drink it bars, you just fake it, and that's how you save money. So Billy'd be out of there, man, not one hundred and fifty dollars bar tab, that's crazy, go back and play black jack on his computer, lose another grand. We're like, oh, man, I'd never lied about it, but South Beach was like, yeah, dude, we had a bar tab two was.
Speaker 9: Crazy, dude.
Speaker 17: Me and Beach didn't pay a damn dime for an hour and a half talking chicks with water in our cup that we filled up in the bathroom. Sink smart, it's sort of like, but then they needed a drink. Then all of a sudden, me and South Beach don't even know where the bar is on some.
Speaker 9: Is it over there?
Speaker 6: Just there?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Point me which direction that is? Hold on, dude.
Speaker 17: Every time going to grab the wallet, South Beach, did you want to bounce?
Speaker 9: And there's literally nowhere else to bounce as the last play is open. No, no, man, we'll stay here. Which barre you girls at, and.
Speaker 17: It's like the like, there's obviously the bar. We just played dumb for the next five and then we're like, all, we're never gonna land these chicks. We're not dropping fifty dollars on drinks for them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a tough one, man. It's sort of like when in Austin, I think it was the library or it was coppertaining or not comportink aquariums. Think it was library. Library was great, dude. I don't know if it was like nine to ten, maybe it's nine to ten pm. They had two dollars long island iced teas or some shit like that. Deadly, So you would go in there and you would slay them five long island iced teas in an hour ten bucks, and you would be absolutely housed housed, and you would he had to buy drinks at another bar because you had five long island ized teas. That sets you up for the next two and a half hours of stumbling around sixth Street. I mean, that is the way to do it. You go early, you're the first one at the bar, and it's two dollars long island.
Speaker 17: Let me suck that down, dude, I wish i'd found that place. I remember the one time there was some was there a popular place? It was kind of like Japanese they had sake bomb. I mean, I'm sure there were different places where people get the sake bombs before the bars.
Speaker 9: Probably, yeah, probably any sushi restaurant. It wasn't.
Speaker 17: It wasn't the one with the Was it the one with the sharks in the floor?
Speaker 9: Oh, Quaw? That was pretty expensive. Okay, they might have been.
Speaker 17: I went to Quah with a chick and I'm like, all right, man, I'll get us some shot. I only said Quaw maybe or was that airplane thing? It was all west West six? Yeah, Quah may have been it, man, Okay, so let's just say it was Quaw and I had twenty bucks, and I go, okay, perfect, man, I could probably buy each a couple of shots. That'll buy us sometime, dude, I did. I gave it a twenty dollars bill and two shots and that was it.
Speaker 9: Oh that's it. When one shot is ten dollars, you were like, oh, dude, the chick what man? You only wanted one drinker? But yeah, you know, I got work in the morning. But it was awesome. Hey it out. I was like, damn it, why did they get a shot? I should have got something that went slower.
Speaker 17: It's like hung out with her for ten minutes and I was walking back.
Speaker 9: Hey boy, that is good night. You know what I mean? I gotta get up early. That's like, I mean, here's the thing. I was spoiled rotten because I knew bartender's every bar. I never paid for drinks, never paid for drinks. You didn't hear when we first moved. Yeah, I know even here I met bartenders, never had to pay for a drink. I don't know what a dumb mass was back there serving drinks. And I'm like, guys, guys, this is hilarious. A little that I know, you know, actually get pretty big troll over that. Yeah, probably right, I mean that bartender probably. I mean, I have the manager would have watched around the damn corner. And I'm sitting there slinging, like, what the du you did it every Saturday? What the hell were they thinking?
Speaker 17: Laud you give me a VOD come man, and lunchuld gives me just a vodcome like, could you have put a mixer in here?
Speaker 9: Jacket?
Speaker 17: So anyway, here's a styroboam cup of nothing but vodka. Ow.
Speaker 9: Some dude, I'm gonna go die in the alley. I'm not sure what bar we went to, but it was one on West six that I never went to. And I was like, hey, boys, I'll get a round of drinks. And it's me Garrett, Greg Jacob and I go up and I get six or whatever, and it was like thirty dollars and I came back up there are six dollars apiece.
Speaker 17: He hadn't seen prices, and they're like, we've been paying that for our whole lives and you had to buy one round and you're freaking out.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I didn't realize it was so expensive. How did you guys ever? Go out?
Speaker 10: Adam Adam.
Speaker 2: Hey, cary Line, she's a queen and talking and it was a son.
Speaker 9: She's getting really not afraid to feed the episode and so just let it flu.
Speaker 14: No one can do it quiet like cary Lone.
Speaker 9: It's time for care Line.
Speaker 18: Well, I don't dress up, so I kind of get excited when I will you dress over? Because you're the anger of channel to everyone. This is the face of Nashville, Nickybird. Welcome welcome.
Speaker 4: If you watch the news, I mean.
Speaker 18: I do not watch the news, but I love the news because of you have you right there?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But you dress up every day?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 21: So it's almost like when I'm not at work, the second I get home, my clothes just I feel so ever stimulated. So I take off my jewelry, I take off my braw, I take off like and I'm like sweat.
Speaker 4: So this is yes, this is me. What is your routine in the mornings?
Speaker 21: You mean like, yeah, okay, I actually am very strict about my routine because sleep is so important to me.
Speaker 4: And I go to bed. We'll start there.
Speaker 21: I go to bed at about seven pm before my daughter does. My husband puts her to bed, and I wake up at about two forty and I am out the door.
Speaker 18: Forty Yes in the morning. Yes, so you're in bed by seven thirty, seven o'clock, seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: Is it hard to make yourself go to sleep at sey?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Aren't you tired all the time?
Speaker 18: Not at seven? But I don't got to like nine thirty. But I also sleep till like seven, so it's kind of it's the same.
Speaker 20: But no, it's not. You get less two thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why to thirty? Because I have to be at work at three.
Speaker 20: You have to be at three, but you don't come in ready?
Speaker 4: No, so I do.
Speaker 20: I you pack your bag the night before, pack.
Speaker 21: Everything the night before. It's all sitting by the front door. I shower the night before. So literally, when I wake up, all I have to do is brush my teeth, wash my face, put on my skincare, and get dressed.
Speaker 4: And I'm out the door. And I mean I'm probably up and out the door in ten minutes, okay, and get to work. And then I do my right air. Yeah no, no, I snooze for half an hour?
Speaker 14: You do?
Speaker 21: Yeah? Oh yeah, so you wake up a two Yeah, I start start the process then, but yeah, I'm not out of bed.
Speaker 6: Till like two forty five?
Speaker 19: Does it?
Speaker 18: Wait?
Speaker 4: Justinen No, you would think it.
Speaker 21: I guess because we've been together for so long, he's probably used to it.
Speaker 20: How long have you all been together?
Speaker 4: We've been together. We've been like we started dating in two thousand and.
Speaker 21: Seven, Michael, and over two thousand and eight. See that we've only been married ten years, say Taylors, because y'all just had your tenure. Yeah, September, What did y'all do for? It went to Cabo so fun, just all or Andy too. It was just us too, but then my sister and her fiance went. You know, because when you've been married that long, you're like, you can hang for so longer. Then you want another coup, like you want friends.
Speaker 20: I'm like, Michael and I have talked about everything.
Speaker 18: We always have things to talk about, and we always have ongoing conversations. But it's like, yes, it is so nice to have friends to hang out with. Yes, we know every little bit about each other. We'll be each other's travel companions now because you're my favorite. Yes, And it's just so good because not only do we get along so great, justin Michael get along and our daughters are the exact same age.
Speaker 20: It's really perfect and we're only child moms.
Speaker 6: It's perfect.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 21: We're so lucky. It's God saw both of us and he was like, that's a good guy. I'm like, but you're like my favorite ditto. I'm like, literally, how I not been better friends with you before?
Speaker 20: Because I've known you for so long, but like I've never like now we're like, oh.
Speaker 21: My god, I'm upsessed with you did. Oh, I feel the same way. Okay, saying Justin and Michael get along like it is true. My husband knows this, so I'm not like talking bad about him, like he doesn't like.
Speaker 20: A lot of people, why not.
Speaker 4: But I think that's a good quality.
Speaker 21: Like I I love everyone until you like prove me wrong, you know, and I use do get taken advantage of quite a bit because of that.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean, I'm just like I love everyone.
Speaker 21: My sister calls me the collector of stray cats because I always just I'm like, yes, the more the merrier come in and I'm trying to learn boundaries better.
Speaker 4: But my husband is the opposite.
Speaker 21: He's like, no, I don't like that person, but he actually adores Michael and he has said that multiple times. He's like that's a great guy. And if Justin says that, then like you're you're in Okay. Yeah, well I'm glad we didn't even know how t cut through.
Speaker 4: This was when I slid.
Speaker 10: Through the cracks.
Speaker 19: It is.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a good thing he is.
Speaker 20: He is when he selective of his people, Well, you know what, that's good. I think it can serve his energy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 18: I have been a chronic people pleaser my entire life, kay, but not anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm working on it.
Speaker 20: I had a life coach.
Speaker 18: I hired a life coach when I was thirty eight years old, really, and then I have done extreme therapy measures to get to the root of my issues, which is I'm a high functioning codependent person, which means I walk into a room not anymore, and I need to make sure everybody's happy and everybody's happy with me, and like if you are not, if your vibes are off, and if you're not like feeling my.
Speaker 20: Vibes, then I just kind of like fix it.
Speaker 18: I'm gonna be like up in your face, getting to know you, wondering what's going on, getting to the root of your issue, trying to make you happy, to make sure that you walk away feeling happy and that.
Speaker 4: You love me.
Speaker 21: I feel like I'm like that a little bit, but it finally wore me out. Yeah, it's exhausting, it's exhausting. I'm getting better at that. I definitely used to be like that, especially with the TV news, because when people would send me mean comments, I would like try to convince them like no, no, no, Like I'm a nice.
Speaker 4: Person like you would like me.
Speaker 20: People are coming after you. You're awful, I mean too, No, not like you.
Speaker 21: Not everyone gets if you have any sort of online or on air, like any sort of public persona, like people are.
Speaker 4: Gonna talk to you get it on the regular. You know what, since I became a mom, it's been a lot easier.
Speaker 20: Really what if people used to say and why are they nicer now?
Speaker 21: I think they used to say things like mostly about my appearents, you know, like I'll you know, you always remember the main comments, like somebody called me the lunch lady arms.
Speaker 4: Lunch lady arms, I had fat arms.
Speaker 21: And of course, like that's your you know, everybody has their own thing, like of course my arms are.
Speaker 4: Insecurity, and I know it's ridiculous and stupid.
Speaker 20: We all have our things.
Speaker 4: We all have our things, and I reckon lunch lately arms.
Speaker 20: Wobe what is awful?
Speaker 21: And then one guy sent me a tweet that was like, I can't The fact that someone marriage you is shocking, the fact that someone impregnated you is shocking, and the fact that you have a job being on TV is even more shocking. Kind of thing, like people say really mean things when lady told me I was going to help because I wore a sleeveless dress on TV. So my old instinct back in the day would be to convince these people to like find their profile and message them or email them back, like almost like shaming them at first for making them feel bad about that, and then convincing them like, no, I'm a nice person like you would like me.
Speaker 20: You would shame them first and then convince them.
Speaker 21: Yeah, almost almost make them feel bad about like you're you're a jerk for thinking that, because they are, yeah, or not jerk for saying it.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you can think whatever you want.
Speaker 18: Right for taking the time to write you, I mean compact to someone they don't know to make me feel bad, it's totally to yourself. That's a your yeah, because they're one. Sole purpose in that wasn't for change to hurt your feeling. It was to hurt me, right, And so my purpose in doing that was to make them see the error in their ways and then convince them like, oh.
Speaker 4: No, you'll I'm a nice person, but it's not about me. It's about them, right they have Yeah, I know, not my problem. I problem.
Speaker 20: I had this situation coming the other day where somebody actually like did something intentionally to hurt you, just to like you have to like take something away from me.
Speaker 4: I need to fight.
Speaker 20: Well, I'll tell you later.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but I was like, oh my god, and then I was like all pissed and I want to like fight them in my head. But then I was like, you know what, not my issue, not my problem, and not my bag of demons that I'm going to carry around. If if someone's gonna go out of their way to try to like take something from someone else for no other reason than they just don't want me to have it, but it's not making them get anything, then I'm like, Okay, that's not my problem. It's not it's not my problem that that's what you're going to spend your time doing.
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's exhausting. Yeah, it's like have you listened to Mel Robins?
Speaker 4: Let them?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 20: Mel Robins? Is she not changing?
Speaker 6: The world?
Speaker 4: Is changing?
Speaker 20: Give people the idea of what them?
Speaker 21: Let them is a book or I listen to the audio tape. It's just about letting people have their thoughts, their feelings about you, about anything, your opinions about life, or even like the little inconveniences I love the example that she gave that she was checking out the grocery store and the lady checking out with being so slow, and she was getting annoyed and she wanted to like complain, and then she was like, let them let this clerk be slow checking people out because me getting frustrated and bitching about it and doing anything, it's not going to speed her up. Let me instead figure out how to deal with this anxiety and why I feel this way and then respond in a better way.
Speaker 4: I know, this time productively and so profound it is.
Speaker 14: Hey, it's Mike d and this week all Movie Mike's Movie Podcast. My wife Kelsey joined me and we did our big recap episode that we do every month, Movies of the month, all movies that we saw in theaters are at home in the last thirty days. There was one day we talked about where we watched six movies in one day. So you gotta check out this entire episode. But right now, here's the best movies we saw in the last month from Movie Mike's Movie Podcast.
Speaker 19: I needed to laugh and that was provided to me by one of them days and beginning of the year. Comedies are hit or miss because they put those ones out in January that they're not sure whether they're gonna like do well at the box office or kind of flop, and then they can just be like, oh it was a January flop.
Speaker 14: Oh well, I would say as a whole any movie that comes out in January, which is known as a dumb month for movies, is hit or miss. But primarily it's usually a comedy that's like, I don't know if this is gonna be funny, or it's a horror movie that I don't know if it's going to be scary. But when it came to one of them days, it was really funny. It also did really well at the box office.
Speaker 6: I laughed the whole time.
Speaker 19: At one point it was what like certified fresh on Rotten Panos is still a really high score.
Speaker 14: It got really good reviews and was also funny, so had a good critic score and a good audience score, which is rare. And the movie is about two best friends. One of their boyfriends spends their rent money on a get rich quick scheme and then they have like eight or ten hours to make that money back before getting evicted. So it's a really simple plot drops right into it and there's a lot of just I felt like it had good writing. It wasn't all physical comedy.
Speaker 19: I mean Keiki Palmer and says I also had like incredible comedic timing.
Speaker 14: Crazy that Sizza this was the first time acting did a really good job in it. And then also is about to do the super Bowl with Kendrick Lamar, but she could really do it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I really enjoyed this one as well. I rated it a four out of five? What did you give it?
Speaker 6: Are you having? A four point five out of five?
Speaker 14: So close to perfect, which is really high for a ninety minute comedy.
Speaker 6: Listen. It was also the perfect length.
Speaker 19: I don't need my comedies to drag on because I feel like at a certain point you just start like kind of regurgitating things or making them like it also just like wasn't necessarily believable, but like then you start really dragging on. Also, gotta see mod Apatowl so funny in it.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, sheesus the person who moves into their apartment complex. Yes, yeah, I felt like right as this movie was wrapping up, I would found myself to think, Okay, this needs to write. Oh and it was over.
Speaker 19: Yeah, right when you're like, all right, you can't really make any more jokes.
Speaker 6: You can't drag this out.
Speaker 14: It's like, okay, the comedy movies that always go on a little bit too long. I always think about speaking of the Appatitows jut Apatow. Every jet hapite movie goes about thirty minutes too long. Yeah, especially like super Bad forty year Old Virgin. He does love it to forty.
Speaker 19: His film's really equivalent of when people on TikTok are like, I have to make this video a minute to get into the creator fund to make money off of it. That's hut up Sal's movies. It's like, I gotta make this two hours long.
Speaker 14: His inability to edit himself is wild. He had made a movie in a while, though. I feel like he's gonna do one with all of his daughters at this point two, all of his daughters and his wife, which he's pretty much been putting in every I guess he's already really done that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've been in everything.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's like funny people I remember them being.
Speaker 19: Kids are making money now he doesn't need Yeah, they're fine. She's doing euphoria movies.
Speaker 6: They're good.
Speaker 14: The nepotism is strong in that family. So that's your best. For my best, I'm gonna go with the Brutalist. And I think it's.
Speaker 6: Because very different end of the spectrum films.
Speaker 14: It's the one that I was a little hesitant going into just because it was three and a half hours long, which is a long movie.
Speaker 6: It's a flight, Oh, it is a flight.
Speaker 14: I am now a fan of the intermission, which I thought I wasn't going to like. I thought, you know me, I don't like stopping down while watching a movie. I want to go all the way through. If I have to go pee, I'll go pee real quick and I'll come back. But I thought the the idea of taking a break and then coming back to it was gonna offset me a little bit. But it actually like reset me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got up and walked around, because I was like.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna go walk around, I'm gonna go get a drink. I'm gonna come back and feel refreshed. And it was about an hour and forty minutes into it, and then we.
Speaker 9: Had all their hour forty to go.
Speaker 14: I think it was also the fact that they included the fifteen minute intermission in the runtime, so that three thirty five was also including the fifteen minutes. I thought it was gonna be fifteen on top of that.
Speaker 6: Oh, I guess I did too.
Speaker 19: And I really didn't calculate the time after we got out because it was just long in general.
Speaker 14: Which then it would have been like for fifty plus the ten fifteen minutes of previews. Then I was like, man, that's gonna be like four hours and ten minutes at the movies. But I feel after watching this, I am more inclined to any movie that decides to embrace the intermission. I don't think people will really embrace it a whole lot because of that break. I think movie theaters have a hard time because then you have all the people coming out and then they get busy again. But I think they want to get busy again right because the line to the concessions got so long after it people getting a second round refreshers.
Speaker 19: But I also don't feel like a typical theater chain is set up for an intermission. Yeah, we saw the Belcourt, smaller theater, so there's only a couple movies showing.
Speaker 14: I think it would be harder in a big theater like for Captain America for everybody to exit and go to the lobby. I think it would overwhelm some people because I think right now, even when we get there, sometimes during peak hours, we're waiting ten to fifteen minutes to get popcorn.
Speaker 19: Don't even get me started on the time that that person complained and I almost got a fight in line.
Speaker 14: Yeah, people get they get so impatient.
Speaker 19: People are doing their best, they're doing their job. It's not their fault that the person true story in front of you ordered eighty dollars worth.
Speaker 14: Of snacks, a lot of snacks.
Speaker 19: There's literally one person. They can only get so many popcorns, they can only get so many drinks. And then if you're like, this line hasn't moved, I've been here for twenty minutes, then get here twenty minutes earlier next time.
Speaker 14: Like, I don't know, people need to relax in line.
Speaker 6: So I don't movies.
Speaker 19: I don't think that an intermission would be good at a regular theater because then everyone's gonna stand in line for that long and then they're gonna be like, well, now the movie's starting and I miss it because they took this intermission.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I feel like it's kind of the recess vibes of like trying to wrangle everybody after recess, like come on, he come back inside.
Speaker 19: Oh, I'm still on this swing set feral children's Yeah, running around, And then you have people maybe who would like, I want to go watch another movie, and they sneak into another movie.
Speaker 14: I enjoy it. I don't think. I don't think there're gonna be that many three hour movies that warrn't an intermission. It's very rare that we get one. It's usually one a year that we go to. If that like last year, Oppenheimer, I feel like Avengers.
Speaker 6: Is actually the year before last.
Speaker 14: Oh, it's twenty twenty, hag. I'm still living in twenty twenty four. I know those two years ago.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 14: So I would like to see more intermissions. I think it would give some people because it is a daunting task, like the Brutalist. Even though I enjoyed it, it's not one that I'm gonna recommend to people because seeing three hours and thirty five minutes, it's like, I don't want to go to that.
Speaker 6: But I think it did eat up most of our son.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 6: And we were like, well, Saturday's over.
Speaker 14: That's it. It's cash. Yeah, it's gone, but I really enjoyed it. I'm glad we spent the time to watch it. I'm still not rooting for it to win Best Picture. I still am leaning on wanting the substance to do really well. But now I can appreciate a little more.
Speaker 2: This is all the talk on social media right now. Is everybody talking about looking for jobs, applying to jobs, not finding jobs. It is the hottest topic I think I've seen in the last few weeks. And that's why I'm bring on one of my really good friends, Page, who is an expert in this field. When I say expert, the expert of all experts, Page, how are.
Speaker 8: You, I'm so good, I'm so good. I'm so excited to be here. And you're right, I am a little bit of a subject matter expert in the career job hunting space.
Speaker 4: What do you think is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Because you see online there's all kinds of people who are like I cannot find jobs, nobody is hiring. What is your kind of take on this that what's going on in the job market right now that you're seeing.
Speaker 8: It's really interesting because there's eight point one million jobs on the market right now and the unemployment rates not bad. It's around four point one four percent. It hasn't changed much in the past year, so we haven't seen huge inflections. So it's interesting because there's actually more of a demand in the current market in the US than there is supply, which is interesting. Let me digress. So I want to start back from the pandemic because I feel like everything still stems from the pandemic.
Speaker 6: Naturally, because that was such a weird time in our life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, you had all of these layoffs, and then you move forward. PPP loans were granted, and so people started to hire again, and everyone started to leave their jobs to get better ones. It was called the Great Resignation. People were offered these insane salaries. I'm talking like hundreds of thousands more than they've made before. So of course, no brainer, let's leave. And so now when these loans have dried up and people realize, oh, I've got to pay those back. Now we have layoffs happening. The tech industry was hit really hard in that space, and then you're coupled with some unsettling things in the market. You add an election year on top of that. Businesses aren't for sure what legislation is going to impact their business, so they hold their coins tight to their chest. So it's an interesting market. There are jobs out there, but the reason why it's hard is that there's been a lot of things that have happened over the past couple of years, and I think people don't realize that all of the time, there was so much change so fast. So one of the things I always say is, if someone's offering you an insane salary and it's too good to be true, believe them. Take a look at organizations and how they responded to the pandemic. If they were doing a ton of layoffs, how did they respond to that. Layoffs can be make business sense, it's not necessarily always a bad thing, But how do they recoup from that? What does that look like? What's their sustainability look like as an organization? How long have they been.
Speaker 6: In the game.
Speaker 8: All of these things are really important when you're looking for a job.
Speaker 2: And this is why I have you on Stacy because I think your story is so cool, because it's really easy to get a job when you're done with college or get a job out of high school and you stay in it for twenty years and you never look at other options. You never explore past what you think you're supposed to be doing, and you went a complete opposite direction and did something that was not even something that was in your mind at the time of you doing any.
Speaker 6: Version of college or studying.
Speaker 22: I have always been the type of person that if you put something in front of me, I'm gonna go after it. And it's like, get out of my way because I'm gonna either, you know, succeed or fail.
Speaker 10: Sort of thing.
Speaker 22: I just think again, I started just thinking about you know, I love being able to impact people at the hospital, patients, like getting them back on their feet. But I just again was like going, there's just something, some little piece of missing. And so it's always like and I say a lot of like cliche things, but I'm like, you're never gonna know if you don't try, and yeah that it was a little scary, but at the same time, I go, I got this because if but if I.
Speaker 10: Don't got this, I left the hospital on good terms.
Speaker 22: I can always go back and I always have an A, B and C plan or I joke and say this, but I go say, none of this.
Speaker 10: Works out for me.
Speaker 22: I like candles, So I can start making candles like you always figure it out. But I think that that's what's hard for a lot of people is just to put that all to the side and just truly go after And I know it's I mean, it's easier said than done with a lot of things, but I just think the unknown is something special sometimes and I am a big believer in that of just like, hey, just give it a shot. So it's it's truly really cool. And I remember the conversation my husband and I had.
Speaker 10: He was just kind of saying, hey, like he.
Speaker 22: Supports everything and anything that I do, but he was telling me, he was like, hey, just hang on for a few more months, just for a steady two week paycheck as you kind of like transition and everything.
Speaker 10: And I looked at him and I said, I love you and respect you, but I got this.
Speaker 22: I got this going back. I didn't know COVID it's going to happen, so it's just crazy. It's crazy to me, and sign on on that too. Why he was like, hey, let's hang on a little bit more so. He was also starting his own business and insurance and so then two entrepreneurs and then COVID hit.
Speaker 10: It was a little scary.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this week's Sunday Sampler. New episodes are out weekly, so go check them out. The Bobby Cast, Four Things with Amy Brown's or Losers Movie, Mike's movie Podcast, Get Real with Caroline Hobby, in the Vet's Office with Doctor Josie, and Take This Personally with Morgan Hulsman. Please subscribe, rate and review your favorites, and have a great week.