Speaker 1: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newarth, and today we're joined by Jannis Brodie, Marge, Max Randall, Sam Corinn and Seth. This is normally a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fish and conservation and cooking. But today's show is a little bit different. This is our annual Family Feud Christmas episode Meet Eater Trivia my popular demand hot Well, we'll get to that later. Now, some of our players turn into Scrooge when we play Family Feud. Steve has been especially vocal about it. Here's him bringing the holiday cheer to the Family Feud Christmas episode in twenty twenty two. Play the clip Phil show me Jesus not on there, Han War on Christmas.
Speaker 2: Here's a whole thing like who cares about these hundred people?
Speaker 1: I don't know what kind of idiots they're asking. It's like, do you solve all lives? You solve all your problems about randomly asking people what they think. It's called total uncredentialed strangers. What they think it's called voting.
Speaker 3: People are listening to the question you said, what do you need to wrap a present?
Speaker 1: So it's like you're implying like that there's a present. If you said, what do I need to dress a person? You wouldn't go a person. It is so stupid. Can you imagine the subjects of these surveys were vetted in some way or another. This would be like a completely different process. Take the pulse, take their pulse, and then ask them. Steve, you can just send it out next year if you like, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Coming, Dude, there's no way in hell I'm playing it next year because I don't know who the hundred people are.
Speaker 4: Now we convinced Steve Got we should really have more playoff music. Steve just like what he's doing. Start playing the Oscar music.
Speaker 1: We convinced him to play in twenty twenty three, but we couldn't get him here today in twenty twenty four. For the stat of the Week, This week we're looking at the results of a survey from our listeners. Steve's annual complaining made me second guess if this is good content. So I asked our listeners if for Christmas they'd rather have a regular episode of Meat Eater Trivia or meat eater family feud. What do you guys think the results were feud? Considering we're sitting here, here's how much they like it. Ninety two percent of listeners said they'd rather have family feud than a regular episode of trivia for the Christmas Show. Sorry, Steve and Brody and all the family feud haters, but the Christmas Family Feud is here to stay. Yeah, man, I feel like I'll go back and listen.
Speaker 4: He's got his helfiers on.
Speaker 1: I would I would categorize Brody as a hater. Show this thing last time. All right, Hey, I'll gladly be wrong. I'm excited to hear. I'm excited that you're excited. I wore a hat for Christ's sake. Here's how this is going to work. Our crew is split up into two teams. Each round will start with a player from each team facing off to determine who gets control of the board. During the face off, whoever provides the highest ranking answer we'll get to choose if their team passes or plays. During main play, each team member will provide answers they think are on the board. If you get one wrong, you'll hear this. If you get one right, you'll hear this. If you get three strikes, then the other team gets a chance to steal. When a steal happens, the entire team gets to come together to decide on an answer, which their captain will provide. There are four rounds, the point values being doubled in round three and tripled in round four. The team with the most points at the end we get to choose where a five hundred dollars conservation donation goes. Then they will play fast money for a chance to double the donation for a one thousand dollars grand prize. These are questions that were written by me and answered by one hundred listeners. Each question has themes meat eater and Christmas.
Speaker 5: So they've been vetted as meat eater fans.
Speaker 1: That's right, you guys. You can complain about the answers, but then you're complaining about the people who are listening to this show.
Speaker 6: We do that all the time, Spencer, Can I make a request for the next week? Can fill Instead of those those noises for right and wrong? Can we incorporate some like wildlife or.
Speaker 5: Fart noises wrong?
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 4: Clips of Steve going like no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Really in the Christmas spirit. I like this, Brody. I bet Bill can make that happen next year, Is that right, Phil?
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course I've got kids. Man, it's been Christmas for a couple of weeks already.
Speaker 1: Now, to remind everyone of how this is going to work, we're going to do a practice face off where it's Yannis versus Randall. They each have a bell in front of them. This round does not count. We're just going to make sure everyone knows the flow of the show. Are you both ready?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I surveyed one hundred people. Top five answers are on the board. If Seth and Chester were wise men, what gifts would they bring? We have Randall Beer, Show me beer. Number four answers? So what that means? Since Randall provided the number four answer, Yanni has a chance to provide the top three us. So you pick your answer, and if it's one of those top three, you get to choose if your team is going to play or pass.
Speaker 5: But this is just practice. This is just a practice, right, Yeah, make sure to go you ready for I'm ready Fishing lures?
Speaker 1: Show me phishing lures. Number two answer goes to Yanni's team. What would happen? Next to Yanni is you get to choose if your team is going to pass or play. If you're confident that you and your three teammates could do well in this category, then you might want to play. But if you think Randall and his team would really fail, then maybe you pass it to them. By do well, you mean filling all the bland. That's right, get all five correct answers before accumulating your three steals. We're not going to play out the rest of this round because this is a question from last year. But does anyone want to throw out there? What they think?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 1: Three or five is walleye? Show me walleye? Filey's that's number one? Now we LOOKI knows himself wasn't interesting. If Seth and Chester were wise man, what gifts would they bring? Throw out some answers?
Speaker 5: Oh, maybe a music or a musical instrument?
Speaker 1: Show me music. No, that's one strike. Keep giving us answers. What else you got a boat? Show me boat? Two strikes? Any more guesses? If Sath and Chancet you were wise men, what gifts would they bring?
Speaker 5: Ammunition?
Speaker 1: Show me ammo is three strikes? The room couldn't finish the.
Speaker 5: Board if I was a wise man. I brought all that ship.
Speaker 1: Phil, show me number three, bait, show us number five canned.
Speaker 5: That answer is insane. One's getting that one.
Speaker 1: Listen, this was a practice. We don't have to get worked up quite yet. Now. Traditionally in family feud, we have one player who introduces their family Lee. So let's get to know our teams. Randall, tell us about who you brought with you today.
Speaker 4: Well, I have nephew Seth. Nephew set He's an upstanding, healthy young man, and I have a lot of well, he's visiting from out of town. I have a lot of tasks around the house.
Speaker 1: That i'd like him to help my hunt. Do you get along with his parents? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but you know, just just a stand up guy. We're all excited for his future.
Speaker 1: He's working on a forestry degree. I heard.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't say enough good things about this guy. He's just a real you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks, Honk, Yeah, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Who else is on your team?
Speaker 4: Well, in that second chair, we're supposed to have the curmudgeonly heart of hearing uncle who we weren't sure was going to show up to Christmas. That would be Uncle cal yep. You never know this time of year what he's up to. Probably he'd rather be bird hunting than spending time with the family at the holidays.
Speaker 1: But seventeen minutes before we were going to record today's show, Uncle Cal sent a text saying he couldn't make it.
Speaker 4: So instead of Uncle Cal, we have Aunt Sam, And thankfully Aunt Sam is always welcome around the holidays because she's an expert baker. Oh and she's the consummate host.
Speaker 1: What's your specialty, Aunt Sam? I really love cookies and I love peacum pie, but I can make anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, that's the confidence we need going into this contest.
Speaker 1: I'm not confident and it was the last play you brought with you.
Speaker 4: Today we have Auntkrinn. She's always fun, but we're never sure what exactly she's going to be contributing to the Christmas dinner table. Okay, it could be stingray cutlets or the pecker bone of some unknown animal. Uh huh. So we're excited to see her, but we're not quite sure how to politely decline whatever.
Speaker 1: It's not a pot look whatever experimental she has brought. And we have two ants and nephew are one of these the parents of your nephew.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't want to make anybody directly related to That makes things weird. So uh if Jannist introduces someone as his son or his yeah.
Speaker 1: And going against them is the Poutelli's family. Giannis tell us about about who you brought with you today.
Speaker 5: Well, Spencer, I brought with me my a team. I just want you to know that hunting and fishing traditions run deep in this family. Got good, So I brought my older cousin Brody, who's my medium to large game specialist. And then my younger cousin Max here, who's my waterfowl small game specialist. And then my female cousin marsh down there and she's my fishing specialist.
Speaker 4: As we all, no cousins are divided into two categories, cousins and female.
Speaker 5: I only have one.
Speaker 1: All right, is everyone ready to play the feud? Let's do it. Hit the music, Pville. Now this is where you clap.
Speaker 5: There we go all together?
Speaker 1: What people rhythm we got going on?
Speaker 4: I think we're speeding up.
Speaker 1: All right? Going against each other first will be the head of the family over here Randall versus the head of the family over here. Giannis. Whoever rings in first will get to provide the answer. And if you ring in before I finish reading the question, I will stop right there. You don't get to hear the rest of the questions. Everybody ready, Let's go. I surveyed one hundred people. Top six answers are on the board. If you were hunting reindeer, what calib Randall? Show me six ' five creed more. Now, the entire question is, if you were hunting reindeer, what caliber rifle would you carry? Yanni, you get to provide an answer now, because Randall provided the sixth answer on the board out of a potential of six correct answers. If you can provide one of the five, you get to choose if your team is going to pass or play, what is your answer?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with the old thirty six spencer.
Speaker 1: If brand If Yanni was hunting reindeer, he would bring a thirty odd six springfield. Show me thirty odd six number two answer on the board. That means you have control of the game, Yanni. Are you going to play with your team or are you going to pass it to the other team.
Speaker 5: I can feel the vibe We're gonna play is going.
Speaker 1: So as a reminder, we have six answers on the board. Number two was set by be honest. The thirty odd six springfield. Number six was said by Randall the six point five creed more again, if you were hunting reindeer, what caliber rifle would you carry? Brody to seventy Winchester, Show me to seventy Winchester the number four answer. Eleven people said the to seventy Winchester. No, you can't talk. You're all all four they talk. Show all four of you are playing on your right. Now, if Randall's team gets a chance to steal, they all get to come together to provide an answer. So for now, for now, the family, our waterfowl hunting cousin and our fishing cousin. Max or you were like, just.
Speaker 6: Give a bad answer, you get bad answers and then let them fill in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they only have to get. They only have to get.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of talking for no talk during the segment.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's level set here on the rules. The team who was playing, they are only playing by themselves at this point. You guys do not get to communicate with each other. If you don't fill out the board. If you get three strikes before you get all six correct answers, the other family, which would be Randall's family, gets to come together and if they provide just one correct answer, they steal all the points over that game. So we are now down to max Max. If you were hunting reindeer, what caliber right would you carry? We have three of the six answers taken. The answers remaining are one, three and five.
Speaker 2: Maxwell, I don't know if I have one answer, name, can't do it.
Speaker 1: Running out of time. Let's two twenty.
Speaker 4: Three show me two three their soft body.
Speaker 1: That is your first strike. We are now down to March the women fishing cousin wait, Marge, give us an answer. If you were hunting reindeer, what caliber rifle.
Speaker 5: You got to kiss? Marge, you got it a twenty gate shotgun.
Speaker 1: Show me twenty gage shotgun. That is two strikes for the Yannis Putalis family. So far, they have provided the second answer, which twenty four people said that was the thirty odd six Springfield. They provided the fourth answer, which eleven people said that was the two to seventy Winchester, and they provided the sixth answer, which five people said, that was the six point five creed. More, Yiannis, if you were hunting reindeer, what caliber rifle would you carry?
Speaker 5: Seven millimeter rem Meg?
Speaker 1: Show me seven millimeter Remington Meg number five answer ten people gave that answer. That means they have answers one and three still left on the board. We're up to Brodie. They strikes. Show me three oh eight Winchester number one. Answer thirty one. Peeping at it said the three eight Winchester. That means we are just missing answered. Did he just tell.
Speaker 5: Little no Max.
Speaker 1: Your team has one correct answer left and one strike left. You either going to win it or pass it over to the ram.
Speaker 4: Remember you have a reputation as an accused alleged cheater.
Speaker 8: I understand that if.
Speaker 4: You go with the answer that Yiannis just told you, that baggage will carry with you.
Speaker 1: I came to the firm and his birthday carry out.
Speaker 8: I think he mouthed three eight to me, and I'm gonna go with two forty three.
Speaker 1: Show me all them are the two forty three dikedom. He moved his mouse over the correct answer and then went to the X that gives them three strikes. That means Randall's family gets they get to talk amongst each other what they think it might be. I'm going to remind our audience of what is going on to Auntie Sam. We have top the top six answers on the board. If you were hunting reindeer, what caliber rifle would you carry? Number one was three oh eight Winchester number two, thirty odd six, Springfield number four to seventy, Winchester number five, seven mm, Remington Meg number six, six point five creed More. Randall, what is your.
Speaker 5: Going to be?
Speaker 4: We're going to go with a three hundred Winchester magnum.
Speaker 1: Show me three hundred Winchester magnum. They got it. The number three answer was there nineteen people that provided? That means the Randall Williams family got all one hundred points that round.
Speaker 4: Little victory.
Speaker 1: All right, we're on a round two. The buzzers have been passed to cousin Brody and nephew Seth. I surveyed one hundred people. Top five answers are on the board. If Steve didn't have wrapping paper or gift bags, what might he we have? Seth game bags? Show me game bags?
Speaker 4: Great answer.
Speaker 1: That was the number three answer. Here is the full question. If Steve didn't have wrapping paper or gift bag, what might he used? Seth has provided the number three answer, Brodie, you're not allowed to talk. Give us your If Brody can give us answer one or two, he gets controlled. Let's say beaver pelt, Show me beaver pelts. Number one answer, Animal Hides. Forty one people provided that answer, Brody. That means you get to choose. It's your team going to pass or play. If you play, the first answer will be given by Max. If you pass it, the first answer will be given by Sam. What do you guys think you get a pass and play? You think you have a better chance of filling out that plays? Okay? Brody? The bold move an answer. I surveyed one hundred people. Top five answers are on the board. We have answers one and three already knocked out. If Steve didn't have wrapping paper or gift bags? What might he use? Maxwell camouflage? Show me camouflage. Number five answers, You get the last one. That's right. You're absolutely right. If Steve didn't have wrapping paper a gift bags, what might he use? Number one answer, Animal Hides Number three answer, game bags? Number five answer first like camouflage march butcher show me answer butcher paper. I didn't think of that number two answer. Thirty people said, butcher paper. That means that there is one answered left on the board. Your team has zero strikes. We're at the head of the family, Giannis rutell Us. If Steve didn't have wrapping hay or gift bags, what might he use?
Speaker 5: If they find out you're my daughter, then things might get complicated.
Speaker 4: The little Mary Povich?
Speaker 5: What else was Steve used to wrap?
Speaker 1: Steve Ranella didn't have wrapping paper or gift bags, what might he use? Yanni? We needn't answer, then, Jerry, be honest.
Speaker 5: Naturals materials, I mean expensive category sticks and leaves.
Speaker 1: Show me sticks and leaves. That is your first strike. We are now to Brody, who started this whole thing. If Steve didn't have wrapping paper or gift bags, what might he use? Tarp show me strikes. We're to Max, who's in the same position as last time. He can get it right to take all the points, or he can get it wrong to give Randall's team a chance to steal. Here's a recap. If Steve Ranella didn't have wrapping paper or gift bags. What might he use Number one? Animal hides? Number two butcher or freezer paper, number three, game bags, Number four we're still looking for and number five was first light Camo Max.
Speaker 8: What about a tent show me that is not the same thing as a.
Speaker 1: Tart show me tent that is your third strike Randall's family chance to steal.
Speaker 5: You don't need a whisper.
Speaker 1: Let's hear you discuss this allowed, But maybe.
Speaker 3: That's the same thing as well.
Speaker 1: I think usually they're whispering on this team is playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they usually have the team whisper when the other team is on their last chance. So if they have two straw huhs.
Speaker 1: Louder louder Koran, what what are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Is we're going through fishing nets? Something from a creatures shrimp pots?
Speaker 1: What's a box? Is there something that a box?
Speaker 4: A cooler?
Speaker 1: A cooler? I don't If Steve Ranila didn't have wrapping paper, word gift bags, pretty good shrimp might gift.
Speaker 4: Just in there.
Speaker 1: If Randall can get this correct, if his team will have two hundred points, you got to say that if he gets it wrong, we have a type race.
Speaker 8: Okay, Mark, He's got a good one.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Randall Williams team, we need an answer from you. We're looking for answer number four.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go with vacuum seal bags.
Speaker 5: M that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Show me vacuum seal bags.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 1: Meaning that Putelli's family will get ninety three points. Any other guesses for what answer for it? Could be Steve? Just that does not correct?
Speaker 5: Is there any other guests? Cool? Cooler fishing line?
Speaker 1: No, no, really, Yanni was closest with his natural materials guess earlier. If that helps me out, mud, no seaweed. Show us answer number four, call fat or organs. So if you said organs, we'd have given that two years you're probably I.
Speaker 5: Love I love how this shows what our fans think of Steve.
Speaker 1: All right, Phil, give us some music here before we move into round three.
Speaker 5: Sorry I lost my mouth. I've got a lot of monitors practice.
Speaker 1: We're round the point. Values are going to be doubled, and right now we have the Randon Williams family with one hundred points and the Jannis Brutellis family with ninety three.
Speaker 5: Going around two laotse he didn't get because you didn't.
Speaker 1: Get call fat which was worth seven total points. Your team got everything minus that one hundred to ninety. We're on to round three. This will be Aunt Sam versus younger cousin Max. I surveyed one hundred people. Top six answers are on the board. If Randall was Santa, what would you leave him instead of Sam?
Speaker 8: What's the rest of hot dogs?
Speaker 1: Show me hot dogs?
Speaker 4: It's a great answer.
Speaker 5: That is the number answer.
Speaker 1: Here's the full question for Max, who has a chance to take control of the board. If Randall was Santa, what would you leave him instead of milk and cookies? We're looking for answers one or two. I'd probably leave him a book, Show me it book. Number five answer was book. We had six people say book and twenty one people say hot dogs. That means Sam, you get to choose if your team is going to pass or play. You guys have yet to had chance they're going to play. Didn't need to twist her arm.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be a revealing category.
Speaker 1: Our listeners are you for me? Okay?
Speaker 4: Number one isn't poison?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: We are down to Aunt krinne I surveyed one hundred people. If Randall was Santa, what would you leave him instead of milking cookies. We have answered number three, which was hot dogs, and answered number five, which was books already taken care of and they can be ed into the mic microphone. Well, it's our listeners. Our listeners were answering this. I hope Randa wasn't fixing to eat those books.
Speaker 4: I know anything that would make me happy. I think it's just yes, we're trying to figure out what one hundred people think would make me happy.
Speaker 5: Krinn. I mean, if the audience does.
Speaker 1: Beer, show me beer.
Speaker 4: I was gonna go with that.
Speaker 1: One thirty one people said they would leave Randall Claus beer instead of milk or cookies. We're now up to Randall. Randall, if you were Santa, what would people leave you instead of milk or cookies? What would you leave yourself?
Speaker 4: NBA tickets? I don't have a CD player anymore, though, you'd leave yourself a CD player, probably a dog or a puppy.
Speaker 1: That's your answer. I'm gonna go with that, show me dog.
Speaker 4: Myself.
Speaker 1: We're up the South. If Randall was Santa, what would you leave him instead of milk and cookies? There are six answers and we have three of them. Already given. Number one was alcohol. Number three he was hot dogs. Number five was books. I'm gonna go with ammunition, show him ammunition. Strike number two. For the Randall Williams family, we are now to Auntie Sam.
Speaker 4: We know they can't leave a gun for me because that would be a straw purchase and that's illegal.
Speaker 1: Absolutely if Randal, If Randal was Santo, what would you leave him instead of milk and cookies? Sam?
Speaker 2: What does the audience know about you?
Speaker 1: Alcohol, hot dogs and books?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sam? What else does Randall like besides booze, hot dogs and books? Trivia? Show me trivia.
Speaker 5: I'm going to the judge on this, Spencer.
Speaker 1: He said that really hard, drag hard team. Your team is done. We now were over to the Yannis Putelli's family. You don't need to whisper anymore. Whisper. You can discuss a lot.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry that might have been a hint for me, but I had to double check. So yeah, I mean did they was one of the wrong answers. Puppies or dogs?
Speaker 1: That was one of the wrong answers. Here's a review. If Randall Santa, what would you leave instead of milky cookies?
Speaker 5: What's yours?
Speaker 1: Already said, Oh no, you didn't guess that. Yeah, but you gotta. It's not what you think, it's what these hundred people think. So I would probably go with guns. You talk about guns a lot.
Speaker 4: Randall am was wrong. Actually this is a little one. I think I know now.
Speaker 1: Trivia Yiannis, we're gonna need an answer if Randall was Santa, what would you leave him instead of milk and cookies? We have answer one across alcohol. Answer three is hot dogs.
Speaker 6: You guys like it answer five, but I like, alright, it's a democracy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's Right's Rody's guns have been out voted by crossword puzzle.
Speaker 1: We're looking for answer two, four or six. Show me crossword puzzle, Come on, Phil crossword puzzles. Nine people said crossword puzzle. Any guesses for two or six? Guns, movies and guns. Those are wrong, that's wrong. Will show us answer number two? Venison show us answer numbers so much about your hunting abilities to back. So instead of milk or cookies for Randall claws, you should leave him booze, Venison, hot dogs, crossword puzzles, books, Christmas Day, And that.
Speaker 5: Was all left.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's all sorts of heroes. Of mine that would be happy if that babe Ruth might enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably. You're probably with venison, though you probably don't need more than you rather have, like a nice Chis beef steak.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Phil.
Speaker 1: Can you give us a scoreboard update?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 3: Yes, we have the Williams family with one hundred points, and now with that last round being doubled, the Tellis family has a total of twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty seven, but in round four point values are triple. Give us a little music.
Speaker 4: You're exciting there. We go.
Speaker 1: For the final rounds to determine who is going to do fast money. We're down to female fishing cousin Marge and aunt Karinnn. I surveyed they pail, don't turn to the next slide yet.
Speaker 5: I only did that for the first question. Okay, I apologize.
Speaker 1: I surveyed one hundred people. Top eight answers are on the board. If Santa gave you a fish shack, what state would you want? Krinn Alaska? Show me Alaska number one? Answer the full question If Santa gave you a fish shack, what state.
Speaker 5: Would you want it in?
Speaker 1: There are eight answers on the board. Karinn got number one, which forty eight people said. That means Krin you get to choose if your team is going to pass or play.
Speaker 4: We've been playing to play.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're going to play. They control their own destiny ball. All right, we're up to Randall. Randall I surveyed one hundred people. Top eight answers around the board. If Santa gave you a fish shack, what state would you want it in?
Speaker 4: Louisiana?
Speaker 1: Show me Louisiana Number three answer. Eight people said Louisiana. We're up to Nephew Seth Seth. If Santa gave you a fish shack, what state would you want it in?
Speaker 5: Hawaii?
Speaker 1: Show me Hawaii? Number six answers. Seven people said Hawaii. We're now on to Sam. Sam. Your team has so far provided three of the answers. You got number one, Alaska, you got number three, and you got number six. Sam Washington, Show me Washington. No, that is your first strike. We're now down. If Santa gave you a fish act, what state would you want it in? There are five answers still on the board. Corinn Wisconsin, good one. Show me good one Wisconsin. Number answer people said Wisconsin. We're now up to Randall. If Santa gave you a fish act, what state would you want it? And there are four answers remaining and your team has one strike, Randal, let's.
Speaker 7: Go with.
Speaker 1: Ooh, the drama I've had example left is hanging.
Speaker 4: Let's go with Florida.
Speaker 1: Show me smart Florida. Number five. Answer was Florida. That means there are answers to seven and eight. We know all on the board. We're up to nephew Seth, who is wearing some nice Christmas lights today looks like a fire hazard, Seth. If Santa gave you a fish shak, what state would you want it in?
Speaker 5: Maine?
Speaker 1: Show me Maine? Are good? Answer strike number two? God right now, Sam. If you get this one right, the game continues for your team. If you get it wrong, the Poutella's family gets a chance to steal, and if they are able to steal this category, they win the whole game and move on to fast Money. Here's a reminder of where we're at. Your team has two strikes with three answers remaining. If Santa gave you a fish shak, what state would you want it in? Alaska, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Florida, and Hawaii.
Speaker 8: Sam, I would definitely say Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: You know, Marge, Wisconsin, Michigan. Show me answer Sam, Michigan number seven answer five people said Michigan. That means it's down to number two and number eight.
Speaker 4: Karinn.
Speaker 1: If Santa gave you a fish shack, what state would you want it in? There's a real nail bier here, folks.
Speaker 4: By The distribution among three through eight is.
Speaker 1: Really pretty close, pretty low. Forty eight people said Alaska.
Speaker 3: It's risky played up to choose to play around when there are eight possible answers.
Speaker 4: Phil, but we're playing to win, Karinn.
Speaker 1: If Santa gave you a fish shack, what state would you want it in?
Speaker 5: Texas?
Speaker 1: Show me that's a good one, Texas not bad. That is your third striking. But the game isn't over yet. The Hotels family has a chance to steal again. You guys can discuss this allowed there's nothing on the line for the other team. Yeah, I've heard Mississippi, I've heard Minnesota place, lots of lakes, lots of.
Speaker 4: Lot of Montana. There's trout fishing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Randall who was trying to make rand on the other.
Speaker 4: Colorado.
Speaker 5: We need a little quiet from the other side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm not going to all the.
Speaker 5: Names of the remaining that.
Speaker 4: Was not extended to Mississippi.
Speaker 1: The other team has said Colorado and Montana like Mississippi. I've heard Yanni's team like North Carolina.
Speaker 5: I like North Carolina in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: If your team gets this correct, Yanni, you guys win and move on to fast California. California the most.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but a fish I would do somewhere in the north Woods. If you get the place where people have fish South Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Randall or excuse me, Yanni, what are we down to? What two stands are you narrated?
Speaker 5: So we have narrowed it down to Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Minnesota is your final answer. If you get this right, your team wins. If you get this wrong, your team loses.
Speaker 8: Come on, the whole game, the whole game.
Speaker 1: Everything is riding on.
Speaker 5: This is the problem I have with this game because it always just rides on this last You don't know if you.
Speaker 1: Want or not. If Santa gave you.
Speaker 5: It should be more fun. If round counted for Santa gave you a fish shack.
Speaker 1: What state would you want to do? Come on, your answer, Yanni.
Speaker 5: Is Minnesota?
Speaker 7: Show me Minnesota, We got it, Come, we got it.
Speaker 1: Twelve people said Minnesota.
Speaker 5: That's my girl down there, Minnesota.
Speaker 1: My girl along girl cousin March from Minnesota said Minnesota, and got that one right. They take the whole game. That means we have just answer number eight left. What do you guys think it is?
Speaker 4: Out of North Carolina?
Speaker 1: North Carolina, Montana? Correct five? Good answer. Thanks, So, Yanni, your team has secured the five hundred dollars. Your team has secured the five hundred dollars donation, but you get a chance to double that with Fast Money. Two of you will play Fast Money. Who do you want it to be? Who wants to play? Giannie is going to Marge does not. Giannis will be one of the players.
Speaker 5: I have to be one of the players.
Speaker 1: We're going to make you be one of is. Like you asked the question, I'll explain it. Here's how fast Money works. Two players from the winning team will compete in this round. I'll ask you five questions that you need to answer as quickly as possible, Just like in the regular round. I surveyed one hundred meter listeners for these questions. The player who goes first will get fifteen seconds The player who goes second will get twenty seconds. If the second player pete and answer that the first player said, they'll be told to try again. Your goal is to get two hundred combined points. If you do that, then the donation will go from five hundred dollars to one thousand dollars. Last year, the winning team beat Fast Money with a score of two hundred twelve points. Again, your goal is two hundred points, Yanni. Who's going to compete from your team besides you?
Speaker 5: Max doesn't.
Speaker 8: I'll play it, but I don't have.
Speaker 1: To give the kid a shot, all right?
Speaker 5: With the waterfowl specialist.
Speaker 1: Okay, you will be more.
Speaker 5: Diverse, and I gotta leave it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this. Max said he loves family feud before we turned on the mics today.
Speaker 5: I don't like family besides Steve and Brody.
Speaker 1: The next decision you make, Yanni, is who's going to go first and who's going to go second? I would say the second position is tougher.
Speaker 5: Oh right, do you want to take the tougher?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, it's up to you. Let Max be the here he wants it, Max Room. Max Reva is going to come get you once we are done with John go two doors away from us.
Speaker 5: Not just I just have one request for next year too, sorry, just one uh huh, that we could have the first rounds matter a little bit more. You could just adjust the rules and that we have some eggnog here for their Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'll say the first rounds did matter because if the Williams family didn't win that first round, we wouldn't have even had a fourth round. Your team just would have had all the points at that point. So it did matter.
Speaker 5: So we could have polarized them more than we could.
Speaker 1: Have taken every point available in the game, but you didn't. So that fourth round.
Speaker 5: And next year, let's put a little Calcutta on it and like just say, okay that we have to go to champions afterwards and the losing team buys beer.
Speaker 1: Sure, so egg nod Calcutta duck in Turkey noises and out calls. That was requested by Brody. You'd writing all this down.
Speaker 5: Phil, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: Also on that note, I just want to say the audience at home probably didn't really realize this. I apologize to the Williams family for going to the judge on the trivia thing and that kind of gave them the crossword puzzle hint, but for the first question held on for the first question. I switched to the slide before Spencer finished reading the question, and Randall was able to read it, and that's why he digged in before Spence question.
Speaker 4: And began, if you were hunting reindeer.
Speaker 5: What time of the year would it be?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Huh okay, so Yannie, I'm going to read you find your timers starts after I finished reading the first question. You'll answer as fast as possible. If you get stuck on one, you can say pass and we will come back to that at the end. But that usually doesn't work out really well.
Speaker 5: Right, so I got a blurt stuff.
Speaker 1: Maybe just do your best to give an answer right away. We have the timer sitting between us here.
Speaker 5: This was fun until now now I feel anxiety.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a Santa coat with a.
Speaker 5: Bass layer wool baslayer on underneath it it's getting.
Speaker 4: Hot, and a pair of ribbon tassels.
Speaker 1: He's provided all the excuses for why this may not go. Let's go, all right, Your time starts when I finished reading the first question. If a hunter wrote the twelve days of Christmas, what birds would they sing about geese? Who would be on Phil's Naughty List?
Speaker 5: Spencer?
Speaker 1: Name it outdoor activity you do on Christmas?
Speaker 5: Hunt?
Speaker 1: If Clay was Santo, what animal would pull his sleigh bear? Name a gift every fisherman would want?
Speaker 5: Uh soft plastic.
Speaker 1: He got it just in time. He got all of his answers he needed. So we're now going to take a look at the board and see how you did fill any questions Before we start looking at these.
Speaker 3: We're going graphics this year because it took so long this year, so I'm just adding them up now and I believe I have the total score he has, but we don't have graphics this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you guys.
Speaker 5: Feel I did pretty good?
Speaker 4: I feel like there's only one answer for.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, the last answer was weak. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would have gone with Steve for the Naughty list.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but leaving that for my partner.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's a decent strategy. Okay, So we're gonna see how many points you got for question one. If a hunter wrote the twelve Days of Christmas, what birds would they sing about? See surveys or Yanni says geese survey says seven people. Seven people said geese. Question two, No, not yet, now yet? Who would be on Phil's naughty list? You said Spencer. Survey says twelve twelve people said Spencer. Name an outdoor activity you do on Christmas Day? Remind me of what your answer was? Hunt?
Speaker 5: What this family is doing?
Speaker 1: Yanni says hunt.
Speaker 5: Survey says number one answer.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight people said they're gonna hunt as an outdoor activity on Christmas Day. If Clay was Santa, what animal would pull his sleigh? What was your answer?
Speaker 4: Bar eighty two?
Speaker 1: Yanni says bear.
Speaker 5: Number two answer.
Speaker 1: Survey says bear get thirty one people said bear. That is not the number one answer. And finally, name a gift every fisherman would want. You said, soft plastics. Survey says nineteen people said fishing tackle, which we're going to give you phishing tackle. So how many points did he get? Phil?
Speaker 5: Ninety nine points?
Speaker 1: Ninety nine points.
Speaker 5: That means you go get Maxwell. Your team has a little work to do, but he needs one hundred and one.
Speaker 1: He needs one hundred one points.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as long as he can, say Steven Ranela.
Speaker 1: Don't no answer and we can't help him out.
Speaker 4: No, I know there's a real recurring theme here with uh just getting right up to the line of competitive dishonestly.
Speaker 1: Maxwell some time, Randall, Maxwell, don't get time on this. How do you think your partner did if you had to guess?
Speaker 8: I don't know what the questions were.
Speaker 1: So well, your team needs two hundred points. What do you think Yanni got?
Speaker 8: He probably got I don't know, Buck twenty five.
Speaker 1: He got ninety nine points, so bad. There are one hundred one points that to come up.
Speaker 8: I mean there's a couple of top answers that he didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to tell you.
Speaker 5: He is a real family few.
Speaker 1: No like this. He knows what's going on. So Maxwell, you have you have twenty seconds. If you repeat one of Yanni's answers, I will tell you to try again. You have twenty seconds to finish the survey. Your timer starts when I finish reading the first question.
Speaker 8: How many questions are there?
Speaker 1: Five questions? Are you ready? Yeah? If a hunter wrote the Twelve Days of Christmas, what birds would they sing about? Goose Mallard? Who would be on Phil's naughty list? Probably Steve? Name an outdoor activity you do on Christmas? Hunt? If Clay was repeat skate? If Clay was saying, to what animal would pull a sleigh? Blackbird? Repeat? Tim his squirrel dog name a gift? Every fisherman would want a boat?
Speaker 4: That there are some emotion in that last.
Speaker 1: He finished just in time. And for number number one, you said goose, which was a repeat. I didn't have a chance to tell you a repeat. And then you said duck Duck, I said, be your answer for number one? All right, your team needs one.
Speaker 5: We got this. Those are solid, solid answers.
Speaker 1: If a hunter wrote the twelve Days of Christmas, what birds would they sing about? Maxwell?
Speaker 8: You said birds, So I thought it was multiple.
Speaker 1: Maxwell said, Duck. Survey says number one answer. Thirty one people said Duck random has encouraged his team to not clap. For question two, who would be on Phil's Naughty Last Christmas? You said, Steve, that's the number one answer. Sixty four people, yes, said.
Speaker 5: I said, Spencer, Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Question Number three, Name in outdoor activity you do on Christmas Day? You said skating. Survey says zero people.
Speaker 5: I thought we were going to count number three for that, Spencer.
Speaker 1: I think we need a little drama. Okay, how many points does this tap?
Speaker 5: I mean do you want me to spoil it for you?
Speaker 1: How how many points does this he map we need?
Speaker 3: Like, do you mean do you mean like for fast money, for fast money, We're gonna give that away.
Speaker 5: Two hundred and sixty three, so we're good.
Speaker 1: They have two hundred sixty three points. Heck, yeah we do. No, they can't because they got thirty one and then sixty Spencer.
Speaker 3: That's why I said, right now, that's the total that they have. They Sorry, I spoiled the game. They win, they win, they did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm confused.
Speaker 3: The total the total of yan because I have the total right here of Giannis and Max at the entire all five questions.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I meant so far okay, Well yeah, okay, we.
Speaker 5: Didn't specify that your two wins you.
Speaker 1: Got, you got. I was talking about so far. Sorry, no.
Speaker 5: Answer, Spencer.
Speaker 1: Well, so number number three you said skate, We're gonna give you zero. For that number four you said dogs would pull Clay's sleigh. That was the number three answer. And for the last one, name a gift every fisherman would want. You said boat. That's the number one answer. Forty seven people said boat. You got crushed the fast money.
Speaker 5: What did you say, rod we soft plastic?
Speaker 1: If a hunter the twelve days of Christmas? What birds would they sing about? Give us some other guesses here Turkey Turkeys was number two twenty two people. Pheasants was number three. Twenty one people said dogs were number six. Five peoples no cranes, partridge, the other answers we had. Number four was grouse. Nine people said that number seven was quail. Five people said that who would be on Phil's naughty list? We had Steve was number one. Sixty four people said that I was number three. Twelve people said that k Krim was number two. Fifteen people as say it was.
Speaker 5: A large gap between Step and Krin.
Speaker 1: Number four. What are your guesses? Figure? It's not me not, said Matt Randall.
Speaker 5: We've talked about this person today already because of.
Speaker 1: Five people said cal the fifth answer, you're not going to get people too far from the microphone would be on Phil's naughty list. Five people said that an outdoor activity you do on Christmas Day hunting that was number one. Twenty eight people said that fishing that was number four. Fifteen people said riding, skiing or sledding that was number three. Sixty people said that snowshoeing. I would give you hiking for snowshoeing. That was seventeen people. Skating was with sledding. Uh. The other ones you're missing are the bottom three answers cooking. Eleven people said that shooting guns. Eight people said that.
Speaker 4: That's not necessarily an outdoor activity, and.
Speaker 1: The car fires was five people said that if Clay was Santo, what animal would pull his sleigh? Mules the number one answer. Fifty three people said mules. Number four was raccoons. Five people said that number five was squirrels. Five people said that a gift. That's all a gift every fisherman would want. You guys, got boat is number one, and tackle his number three rod and real that's number two. Twenty people said that we're missing four and five fish beer bait Bait was number five. Five people said that number four was filet knives. So, Yanni, your team gets to make one thousand dollars conservation donation today. Where's that gonna go?
Speaker 4: You guys can now we can clap?
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah there we thousand team you guys, yes, Uh, feeling any conservation or close to your heart right now?
Speaker 1: We've had some splitting of donations recently. If you'd like to go a half and half, you could do that.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of like a Christmas one Christmas themed conservation or.
Speaker 5: Good what about that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: That outdoor education from that? Was it? The Chalkaw Nation. Oh yeah, we could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could do that and something else if you wanted.
Speaker 3: There's a new there's a new foundation, the Blacktail Foundation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's wrapped up an m D. I mean we could do that.
Speaker 6: I like giving it because they run kids programs at that Chalktaw thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that the kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do that for the kids.
Speaker 1: We have the the Chalctaw Nation Department of Wildlife Conservation. Uh, they have a general fund that helps purchase some public lands for them. They do a lot of other stuff. They have scholarships for wildlife conservation. You guys are giving five hundred dollars to them. We're all one thousand. All one thousand is going to the Chalktaw Nation Department of Wildlife and Conservation. Someone from their group reached out said that they play meat eater trivial and asked us to consider their group for a donation. So that's what we're doing today for the Christmas episode, sending one thousand dollars their way to further those wildlife conservation scholarships and their acquisition of public lands.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 8: Hopefully we can help out kid or someone.
Speaker 1: See you guys this mine. Uh huh. We'll be back with more family feud They spends are Wan