Speaker 1: Hey everybody, thanks for watching this week's episode. We want to promote where you can see us. For tickets, go to Joe Gattofficial dot com and see all my door dates. And for Steve's go to punch Up dot Live. Backslash Steve hyphen Burn. That's beat Why r I?
Speaker 2: He makes it soper easy to find him and now onto the episode.
Speaker 3: Wear a ticket?
Speaker 4: Money great, I'll wait you finish this. You on to get started. Three two, let's keep the you on in. Hey everybody, it's Joe Gatto, one of your favorite two cool moms, and I'm here with.
Speaker 1: Steve Burn, the other cool mom. Yes, here he is. Oh, I'm excited to be here. Stevie, sleepy Steve, I'm here.
Speaker 4: Steve's got it tough. Tell him why what happened on your travel day today? We woke up your travel day? Tellhim why it was so tough this morning? We all out of bed at what time?
Speaker 1: Four am? Two days in a row.
Speaker 3: I always take their first flight out, Yes always, they said that about Nicole Stevie first flights.
Speaker 1: So my flights at six.
Speaker 3: I get up at four and then I got home and you know, went right to my daughter's soccer game my son's birthday party, and then watched the Steelers crush.
Speaker 1: There you go. They beat the the goals the Russian the Russian Bears. Russian Bears beat Chicago favorites. They beat the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 4: Yes, known for Ditka, also known for being from Chicago.
Speaker 1: There we go to Chicago. Please.
Speaker 4: Three things I know about the Chicago Bears. One Dica two Chicago. Three colors are gold and black. No, wow, is that right?
Speaker 1: Wow? You are an athlete? Is right? Black and gold is Pittsburgh Chicago? It's orange and blue, orange and blue. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The the Chicago Bears, their guy, their main guy who throws the ball, quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's him.
Speaker 3: His name is I have no idea who they Who's the Chicago Bear guy right now?
Speaker 1: No, the Pittsburgh Steeler guy who throws a football Major Wilson Rod. Justin Field, No, justin quarterback. Justin Fields played.
Speaker 3: At Chicago, played in Chicago, and now he's with Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: That's not how I'm thinking it was.
Speaker 5: I think you're trying to talk about a guy who I think got cut last year.
Speaker 1: Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe Kenny Piggy got cut.
Speaker 1: He's out isn't he. Yeah, yeah, do you have any idea? What are you talking about? I know Kenny Pickett. How do you know Kenny Pickett?
Speaker 4: He went to high school in Long in Jersey, Ocean Township High School, and then he went on to play football. Now, he went on to play football, and then we befriended him. He went to the University of Go fuck yourself. I don't know where you went to pitt He went to pitt and that's why I ended up at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: And then and they got drafted him and now he's in Philly time out.
Speaker 1: That's how I know.
Speaker 4: I know because he went to Philly and he plays in Philly. Now he's at Philly quarterback. Yes, currently the other one with the computer first.
Speaker 1: Yes, the second second year. Is that what we said? Yeah, he had a great ten minutes yesterdays when you met him in Philly.
Speaker 4: I know him because he went through uh the school system in Ocean Township where my cousin is a teacher. Okay, Mike Plano was his teacher, and then we used to talk to each other. Me and Michael I used to talk to his classes.
Speaker 1: About young boys. He remember that.
Speaker 4: No, he does TV. He does a film production. That's the teacher the class. He teaches TV production.
Speaker 1: So we most guys that are in this rings work in the industry. Yes, so I was in. You know what, let's start the whole episode over. I don't like it any I don't like any of this energy you bring it at me. You're clearly tired. Come on, t play for the Miami Donalans. He's with the Eagles. He's with the Eagles, with the Eagles, Eagles, Philadelphia. There you go, born and raised. We figured it out. He's not born. What are you talking about.
Speaker 6: In the playgrounds where he spent most of his days? Hid a Philadelphia Eagles are They're green and white. I know this, and I played the Giants yesterday and famously they lost twenty eight thirty eight.
Speaker 1: There you go. Twenty to three is even worse. What. I don't know much about sports, but I do know this. Oh please an Eagles a bird.
Speaker 3: What is your greatest sporting event that you've ever been to? Because I know you don't like you don't follow sports, but given the nature of your celebrity status.
Speaker 4: The Garden Game seven New York Rangers first, the Houston Astros.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know that. I do know this was about this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: This year year two maybe of jokers. I went and I went to the game seven. The Rangers were playing against somebody, and I remember when the Rangers scored a puck in the basket, I can't even do This place what nuts And I was like, wow, the roof almost went crazy off this thing. Fast forward years later, me and the boys are playing the Garden, the same garden where the New York Rangers play, and we walked out and the applause were thunderous, and I was like, it sounds like we just scored a goal at.
Speaker 1: A Arrangers You just tying it?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, all right, No, I do remember that was one of the biggest games and biggest moments I've ever had heard in sports. I was we were doing promo or something and I was on the top level. We were just going around and doing all the and they scored and I remember the place going absolutely nuts, and I was like, this place feels like it was gonna explode. That was one of the biggest moments in a sporting event I think I've ever been to.
Speaker 3: She never been any Yankee game I've been in yank game. Yeah, I've been, but Yankee games. Yankee Stadium is loud. Yeah, some gardens loud.
Speaker 1: Nicks nixt they played basketball. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I was on the sideline at the Next wanted a charity event. Me and my nephew went okay, and I sat. That wasn't That was the Barclays. That wasn't that Giants Jets Giants event. They both football teams out of here.
Speaker 1: Had a New York gear. Yeah, you never been. I've been to both.
Speaker 4: Been to a Next game, been to a Giants game, been to a Jets game, the New Yankees game, been to a Mets games, Ranger games.
Speaker 1: I've been to a Ranger game. Islander. I haven't Islanders.
Speaker 3: I haven't all those sporting events. What was your favorite that you that you could enjoy?
Speaker 1: I would say the football games?
Speaker 3: Really yeah, why you're outside, that's it.
Speaker 4: It's nice out, nice fall day. See the Pigs game getting thrown back and forth. The fellows are hitting each other. I will say my best football experience, hands down, my best.
Speaker 1: I would say it was I got what I went to Sofi Field. Yeah, that's why, that's right.
Speaker 4: The Chargers, you idiot, I can't believe you know nothing about sports, The Chargers, the.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles you guys, yeah on Monday night football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, watching Mark did fake talking to each other as the camera pan to us on a Monday.
Speaker 3: Night I honestly look like you guys are doing an undercar undercover drug deal because you were both looking down for some reason talking to each other, and I was like, are they good?
Speaker 1: Because the guy.
Speaker 4: Said to us, he goes, hey, you're gonna be on camera, just don't look at the camera.
Speaker 1: So we marked like, hey, let's just fake talk, and we're like, why wouldn't you look at the camera. That's what everybody does. Look, you go crazy. The guy said, don't look to us.
Speaker 5: He was like an old like Monday night football. You know, it was like eighty years old. He's filming us and we're like pointing out stuff at the end zone. We also have no idea what's going on and uh. And then after he's done, he goes, congratulations, you were just on Monday night football.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like I was like, I finally made it on TV. Yeah yeah, boy, justin Herbert shout.
Speaker 3: Out, I did uh, I did the uh the Vegas Golden Knights, Oh, yes, they have the airhorn.
Speaker 1: The siren siren. They do the siren.
Speaker 3: Before the periods, and UH like, all right, she just grabbed the handle and just crank it and the ladder.
Speaker 1: You crank it the ladder it gets I go okay, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm a comedian. Do I do I take this seriously? Or do I kind of goo for whatever? And so I got on it and I started doing it and the place is going nuts, and I pretend like I'm like climbaxing. And my buddy works for them in the you know, TV production whatever. He's like, I never saw them cut away from uh from their celebrities so quick. They cut away from you the quickest I've ever seen. But he gave me the raw thing, so I have it, and I'm just like, because you're climax too quickly, it's like it's over.
Speaker 1: So did you enjoy Pittsburgh is your city?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: You like the Pittsburgh Pirates, you like the Pittsburgh Penguins, and you like the Steelers, so you're all Pittsburgh all the time pretty much.
Speaker 1: So, but I mean, you look, you travel, But I got like, okan.
Speaker 4: So if the Raptors are playing, who the Toronto Raptors the Toronto.
Speaker 1: They're not even in this country.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Raptors aren't even in this country. Are you sure about that? It's in Nashville. W Penguins. No, Nashville, don't tell me. Nashville Knights. That's what it should be.
Speaker 1: It's not. But it's called the Nashville Predators. Predators. That's weird. Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm not in a sports guy, but to name your team to predators.
Speaker 1: Twenty years ago, twenty years ago, no, twenty years ago. You have to get rid of the Indians.
Speaker 4: They can keep the predators. They can keep they have to lose the Indians, but they keep the Predators.
Speaker 1: And that's the problem with sports. Well, they're renaming it to the Nashville Kevin Spaces. Oh, here it goes. What this episode is gonna be? Four minutes long?
Speaker 4: That was a very funny joke. Actually, I like that. Okay, we'll keep that one. We'll give you that one.
Speaker 1: I get one. Ye, we should do it.
Speaker 3: We should do a super cut episode where it's all the things you take out that are we can't.
Speaker 1: We're on iHeart now, we can't do that. We'll put on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Okay, but just all the jokes I put in that can cut out the good.
Speaker 1: Ones or yeah, all of them. Okay, so there's some I think we could sparse it together from eighty.
Speaker 3: Every time I say joke like that, I just see you rub your temples like like like I spilled my milk at the dinner table.
Speaker 1: Well we have we have to have brands protection. Oh who mine a brand? You don't have a brand out of here? I love you, all right, Okay, my apologies.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't know when you were younger your dad took it to Pittsburgh's games my dad?
Speaker 1: Did your dad take you to games like in the stadiums?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, my dad never did that where my dad wasn't really he was dead.
Speaker 1: It's a fair point. They bring the skeleton into the I'd be like plus one, where can I put the urine? Excuse me?
Speaker 4: I mean like, but it was it was just the ghost. I like, my dad does a great siren. But my dad was alive when I was younger, like in the in the taking the sports.
Speaker 1: Age bracket, but he never followed.
Speaker 4: Didn't but he didn't like baseball. He wasn't a big baseball guy. He liked the Giants were his team. And I did go to a couple of games with them, but I didn't. We weren't. He wasn't like I think you have dads that are like that that go.
Speaker 1: To the sport.
Speaker 4: Right, you're big in the Boston area, right, Mark, you did the sports.
Speaker 5: And did the sports. But that's like the bonding Some parents do it as a bonding thing. I think.
Speaker 1: So my dad didn't love me.
Speaker 5: It was a love issue basically.
Speaker 3: My dad just my father hugged me all the time and said I'm proud of you and just I don't know, it's just like just normal for me.
Speaker 1: What was it like for you? So? Did he ever pat you on the back or no? It was never good enough. Let's get to the questions. I guess, Hey, I have a question. Why do you love me? Dad? Stupid? No, my dad loved me very much. I was I was a magician. I was an amateur magician. That's what he loved about me. No, yeah, definitely not.
Speaker 4: My dad was a six foot three tight ends. I was his only son, five foot nine, flabby metal. He even wrote I have one letter from my father, my dead father, and I kept it. It was a note that he wrote about all this stuff that he was proud of me. I did this thing in the notes watch me disappear.
Speaker 1: I made my father doesnappear. That was my greatest streak. Dah, he wrote.
Speaker 3: He know.
Speaker 4: He even takes a jab to me in the letter. So the la he's talking about how much he loves me. I'm so priday.
Speaker 1: He's such a good guy. How old are you?
Speaker 4: I'm a fourteen, I'm in school. I'm in Why did write the letter? Just curious because I was on this thing called the Retreat Team, which was a team that you helped. It was like an orientation team for the new kids that came in, the new freshman stuff, and you talked to them about like good.
Speaker 1: Was good, moralswas to give out now like morals and things like that. It was called the Retreat Team.
Speaker 4: So you go on this retreat and the teacher, unbeknownst to you, goes to everybody in your life and gets them to write a letter about you. So you have it as a keepsake, which I didn't know I would need four years later when.
Speaker 1: My dad fucking kicked it.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, So I have this and in it in the letter, he takes a jab at me about the magic tricks. It's so funny. No, he's like, hey, I love you. I know you're a good kid, even though with your.
Speaker 1: Dumb card tricks. It's in a letter. Yeah, it's so funny. You cann't help. But that's where you get it from.
Speaker 4: That's it for sure, for sure. But I was an amateur magician. I don't think he was proud of that. I think that's why he died.
Speaker 1: He was like, this is im out. I his only son. He has two older daughters. My sister was a star basketball player.
Speaker 4: Gina, my oldest sister, crushed it and then gave up on her dreams because when she went to college, she didn't want to.
Speaker 1: Play a collegiate level. Why because she fucking didn't have any confidence in herself. No, she was good at accounting.
Speaker 4: She wanted to concentrate on her She wanted to concentrate on her accounting. Yeah, accounting in college, which is weird, right, Yeah, I think, yeah, Okay, that's why I think he's supposed to. She went to Hofstra out on Long Island College in college, and she didn't want to play college ball. My sister, Carla was a cheerleader and then she ended up crushing it on the kick line team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where she met the love of her life, Vinnie big Vin, who you know, of course, who was offensive lineman. Yes, marriage made in Heaven.
Speaker 3: And then little Joe Joseph was just a small town kid who was really.
Speaker 1: Good at slight of hand. No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: He was a welder by day, but dancer by night and had a lot of dreams.
Speaker 1: I wasn't dancer by night.
Speaker 4: I on a dance floor. That's where I shined. And they couldn't understand. I pulled the water and just it's.
Speaker 1: Called fat Dance. And if you haven't seen any check it out on Netflix. Yeah. I guess that's right. I guess that's right. I guess. So my dad did love me. We could say that's the take. Of course he loved you. Yeah, you don't know. You didn't know him, don't say of course, I you know him.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds every everything you've told me in the past always sounds like he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say he did. Yeah, even if it's lies, you don't know. I'm not going you can't ask him. I'm not gonna go.
Speaker 1: Around like Joe.
Speaker 3: You don't believe the sweep Ouiji board talked to him today.
Speaker 1: Did you did you Does your son know you love him? Oh beyond more than your daughter? God, you can go together now.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's always I mean, look your father, that's yeah, that's always the thing, right. But it's like, no, I love you guys equally one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: So we get all the time the questions.
Speaker 4: My daughter is always like, my daughter stopped asking because I think she thinks it's her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's always like she used to be like she knows. She was like, do you love me more than remail?
Speaker 4: Like she just said that all the time, And now she stopped asking because I think she thinks she knows that I do.
Speaker 1: But we were just on the road.
Speaker 4: They came on the road with me and it was just the three of us. We went to in Oklahoma City. They had this amazing science museum and I was like, I had to find something to do with them. We were okay, see we had about half a day until we had to meet everybody.
Speaker 1: I was like, a right, let's go check this out. It was phenomenal.
Speaker 4: And to watch my two kids to see what they gravitated towards completely differently, was so interesting. My son was all about the sign stuff. My daughter was all about the They had this whole activity section where you like, climbed walls and did all that stuff, and I just watched them crush it in their own specific areas, and I was like, that's so funny to see my personal in two different ways.
Speaker 3: Your kids are too very I think your son is the cerebral aspect of you, very very math inclined. I remember last time we were hanging out one of your book signings, one of the professors at the university was doing math drills with him and he was a singing Yes.
Speaker 1: She was blown away. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, And he's really you could just tell, very sweet, but a little more recluse, kind of like very observant.
Speaker 1: He's taking it all in.
Speaker 3: And your daughter is just the most outgoing, so fun, just a great smile and you know, no inhibitions.
Speaker 1: How you doing? What are you?
Speaker 4: What do you do to crazy talks to strangers it's a problem, actually, but no, like she gets in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I have both of them, and yours are the same way though. I would think your son is very smart like your wife, right, and.
Speaker 1: Your daughter is very outgoing like her father. Right. As you would.
Speaker 4: Say that's what I would say, smart like my wife, no relationship.
Speaker 1: You know your your wife is smarter than you. My wife is smarter than Yeah, so that's okay.
Speaker 4: You have a confidence to say that, right yeah, yeah, yeah. So I'm not saying anything you haven't said out loud. All the world knows.
Speaker 1: By meaning the two of you, and she still picked you. She's very smart and she picked you. She's the best. Guys. See, thank you, thank you. I'm a shithead. I'm dumb as fu. That's the clip. That's the clip. I'm glad that you found your hands together.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying you're dumb, but I'm saying that you're No, your wife is very Uh. It's funny to see very vividly the difference between your kids.
Speaker 1: You know, I see that your but your son does have your sense of humor.
Speaker 3: He is the other day where this is just yesterday. We're driving and I always I always have my son FaceTime my parents when we're driving them.
Speaker 1: Because there's gonna be the time they can't Well, it's true, and I it is true. I mean, quick interjection.
Speaker 8: We're at the okay, we're at the okay see thing, and there there's an exhibit with skeletons, and I flip on the video and into the group chat, I drop a video like, hey guys, it's so great that the kids can go on field trips with the grandparents.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and my daughter is dance. Sorry, god, I got so funny.
Speaker 3: My my my uh, my son, my son.
Speaker 1: He facetimes your grandmother. He goes because my dad's bald. You know, he's got like the two land strips on the side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And my son is just being a kid. He's like, so do you do you wash your hair? Like It's like, yeah, I washed my hair, like the hair I have. Yeah, of course I wash it. He's like, oh okay. And and then he's like, when did you go bald? And my grandfather's my father's like, I guess my thirties. I went, I went bald. And my son's like, oh okay. And then my grandma started talking and she was talking about something and my grandfather goes, I know what you're thinking, Ken boring, and then ken't goes, no, when you talk, I just hear bald. And I was like, oh my god, Wow, that's great.
Speaker 1: And I lost that dying laugh.
Speaker 3: And my father's got a great sense of humor, dying laugh, and you could just see he like he knows he's got it, so he's totally.
Speaker 1: Enjoying it, totally enjoying. So that's very, so good, quick witted, very to see him come up with that. I remember the first time I noticed he had he had.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're great at pulling things out of the ether. Yeah, just all the time with music and everything. But we went to David Buster's one time. He got all these tickets and he got this huge teddy bear walks out. My daughter goes, my god, can't it's the biggest teddy bear I've ever seen. He goes, I'm a dangerous man with some money in my pocket. I was like, wow, that's a great pole, that's a great poll.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, great kid, both of them. I think we both did well with our offspring.
Speaker 4: Yes, the fountains they came from are definitely rusty, but the.
Speaker 3: Children were very lucky guys to have the wives we do because we travel as much as we do.
Speaker 4: They brought some stuff to the gene Pool too. Let's talk about it, right, Thank goodness, thank god. My daughter looks like a mother. Could you imagine that Schnile's on that. I'm so brave and funny.
Speaker 3: When you like that, when you lie down in Central Park, I can tell what time it is.
Speaker 1: You know. The little guy, you know, like it's smoke in the shower because he's got a big nose.
Speaker 3: But your nose, it goes to my face, it goes with her face. It's not it's not like there was a girl. I remember I dated this girl once and she was she had her she always had her hair down right over nose.
Speaker 1: There's a cousin it. He's a girl from the ring and she just got a nose coaster the curtains just her hair and partner just feed her.
Speaker 3: But this girl I dated, I can't say her name, but she had a Remember one time she pulled her her hair back behind her and this fucking satellite radio huge ears and just went bull of bag.
Speaker 1: Was like, let's draw the curtains again. I never I dated it, like for such a great listener. Oh, I can't hear you. What do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: Your hairbat? Why you're picking up the traffic on forty second Street? Okay, let's get let's get it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So it's and we try to help people because they're a great listener.
Speaker 1: Great listen. We're great listeners.
Speaker 3: Like we're great listeners, and we're here to help you. Obviously, send us your queries your issues to cool Mom's Pod at gmail dot com or at too cool Mom's podcast at pogle Mom's Pod at Instagram. And now because you could use the iHeart app. Yeah, and you can send us your questions with use a talkback feature on the iHeart that's right radio app and.
Speaker 1: You can send it in and those will hear you. We'll hear you in your mouth to be able to talk to us, and we'll hear you and we'll have you on the show. There you go, great, you did great with that, and I'll also be looking for great job. So we've just hit a button and the like wet you.
Speaker 5: I listen. Suzanne hits us up. She goes, hey mom, this is hit us up on the Instagram. My friends, this is not Suzanne. So she says, my friend has been with her, well, you never know. My friend has been with her partner for almost twenty five years and the relationship is for the most part a good one. She follows a male dance team online. I was gonna stay serious.
Speaker 1: But okay, okay slows a male dance tea.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you know what that means?
Speaker 1: The magic mics.
Speaker 5: She follows a male dance team online, and her boyfriend is very jealous of them. He doesn't like her doing it and would like her to stop. Now, you got me, But she should have the right to do whatever she wants, right, I think he I think he regards them as some sort of way, as if she is cheating on him. A little motherly advice would be most helpful.
Speaker 3: I think I have no problem with this whatsoever. I have no problem with with it whatsoever. I think she's a human being. No, She's gonna see things that are appealing to her, sure, and I think it's healthy.
Speaker 1: I think it's a healthy dynamic. She doesn't react on.
Speaker 3: It, right, you know, as long as she's not the videos with the whipped cream and the sheet or whatever. As long as she's not going there and going crazy, which I don't assume she would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your feed is your feed. I think that just stems from insecurity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't be insecure about what people who guess what people follow on social media? You think that's cheating, that's not that's that stuff is if you if there's an issue that's that's just watering a seed of insecurity you have, then you need to talk about that.
Speaker 1: It's not about why you following them. It's like, why do you feel insecure? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are they doing something else that's making you feel that way? So that's what you need to get down to.
Speaker 1: The root of.
Speaker 3: It's funny this like comes up because my wife literally we're at lunch and she goes, can I tell you something? I was like, yeah, of course, you told me anything you want. It's like I I was sent a picture by somebod I don't even know. I was like, okay, and she described it was it.
Speaker 1: Was I'm sorry. I didn't want to say it was an accident. They're right next to the phone on the phone.
Speaker 3: But it was a it was a dick pic right is my black dude and sent it to her and she, uh, She's like, you know, I just felt uncomfortable. Obviously I didn't know the number. I don't know who this is, but I I just wanted to tell you. And I was like, I was like, no, Jess, I really appreciate that you like would be honest with me and open and tell that to me. But next time, please just send it to me, because I was like, you know, let's of course you're gonna make a joke about it. But it's like, I just think like stuff like that. It's just like even if you know who knows, just I just think it's it's someone healthy, and you know, like everybody's got their feeds whatever. But it was interesting because I think a while back my wife and I were discussing each other's feeds and what you're looking at whatever. I was like, take my phone and just go to my Instagram and and you know where you do the search bar, just.
Speaker 1: Type in anything. See what you see.
Speaker 3: What pops up my algorithm and my algorithm Superman an oasis.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's it.
Speaker 3: Nothing to words, Superman, Christopher Reeve like all these like behind the scenes and then it's all oasis clips.
Speaker 4: I'll I'll say that there was a very funny SNL sketch about that where they they wanted to look at each other things, and then the reason why they want to is they want they were all following this weird character, which was funny, right, but they weren't worried about the girl thing. You know it all, But I wouldn't even say like the to worry to If your significant other is finding it disrespectful that you follow other people or is that, then that's something that you need to take consideration. What's more important following this male dance team or or upsetting your.
Speaker 1: What what's the big deal?
Speaker 3: The sparkle motions and they're really talented crust this landing.
Speaker 4: I would say, I would say, that's that's what you need to take consideration. So if your friend air quotes, if your friend is upsetting their partner by following this person, right, what's more important to follow the dance team or to not.
Speaker 1: Have all male dancing?
Speaker 3: I look, I also understand it from the other This is a guy though, right. But I had a friend who was dating a girl and she had an issue with a past relationship with a guy looked at a lot of porn and it be and it became a hindrance to them being intimate and physical with each other so much so that she's like, look, we should see somebody. So they went and saw somebody, and this guy like had to get professional help to like wean himself away from it. So so one day, this girl is now in a new relationship with my friend, and she goes, she goes, Hey, we're going to this new place or this restaurant, you know, let me put the directions in on your phone. So she goes to put the directions in, she screw flips up and he's.
Speaker 1: Some girl just like she's like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So she literally tells me, She's like, look, I was in a prior relationship and look, just for me personally, i'd appreciate it if you would abstain from looking at that stuff because it kind of damaged me and I felt insecure about it. And I would just appreciate if you didn't do it. And he's like, oh, yeah, of course yes. So they had a serious conversation.
Speaker 1: He broke at two days later. Two days later, like a week later, we went. She's like, hey, my phone's charge.
Speaker 3: Can take something on your phone's like yeah, She's like, oh god.
Speaker 1: And it didn't last long at all.
Speaker 3: But even that, like, I think there's there's a health dynamic to that.
Speaker 1: There's a healthy dynamic to all those things. But at the same time, I think it's just scrolls and the thing and it's just videos of you ringing the siren just a meme.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I look, at the end of the day, you're gonna have to decide what's more important, something that's important to you versus something that's upset in your partner, And that's what relationships are about. So I think you just have to look at it from that perspective. Is it more important to you? You know, because we always go to the defensive. I know I'm this too, it's like, oh, why is this upsetting you? Well it doesn't the why, it doesn't matter as much as that they are upset. And I think that's a big growth part in a relationship is to be able to be like, this is upsetting my partner. I shouldn't get defensive on why it is. I should figure out what's more important here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, you know, and then talking out.
Speaker 4: Look, if you want standing ground about something, talk it out, sure, talk it out, but it shouldn't be like, well, this is what you know.
Speaker 1: I think you need to come to it from a healthy angle. Yeah, what what does the male dance team?
Speaker 4: You need that male dance team in your feed as much as you need to keep your boyfriend, uh, you know, happy and secure.
Speaker 1: That's up to you to decide.
Speaker 3: But it's also like, you know, how how great is your relationship right and are you willing to like let that slide?
Speaker 1: Is that worth the fight? Yes? Or is that worth the argument?
Speaker 3: Or is your relationship that fractured that that's actually a pretty big issue.
Speaker 4: That's very true, and it just might be something that's it might be nice that this male dance team is not only bringing rhythm into your life, but it'll brings some balance.
Speaker 1: So let's you know, what do you call it? Sparkle crotch? Would sparkle motion? I would?
Speaker 3: I would, honestly, I've never been to obviously one of those things. I would go for the funnies to see to.
Speaker 1: Just go, well, it's an all male dance team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're going to differ in direction than it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not the fucking thunder. I would go to laugh at that stuff. No, they would laugh at you, but they would, they would hysterical laugh.
Speaker 3: But anytime, guys. But on all male dance team, what do you mean like a dance squad?
Speaker 1: Like a dance squad. I'm imagining like agic dance.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking she's going I'm thinking she's falling thunder from down Under.
Speaker 1: That's they're not.
Speaker 5: They're not on the team. Though very individualistic in their play.
Speaker 3: They play individually, no, but they all come out together like the lightning bolt.
Speaker 1: I've seen the commercials, Yeah comes Upsidency in Vegas. I'm sure it's the commercial. It's always on the yeah but yeah, but the yeah.
Speaker 4: Steve stems at the Jimmy Kimble Comedy Club being like, I gotta rub this up, guys, I gotta go catch a show down the road.
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Does anybody think it's getting overcast in town?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think we. I think we answered that one. That's great.
Speaker 3: I hope I think it's I think I honestly think it's it's an exotic male dance. I don't think she's who's who's following a male I've never even heard of a dance crew, but he could have.
Speaker 1: A male dance.
Speaker 5: Maybe they're like, name.
Speaker 1: One male dance crew. Besides, like a boy band. Tell me just took out the biggest thing. That's like saying somebody who's Chinese. She'd say saying stupid.
Speaker 3: No, she'd say a boy band. She'd say a boy band. No, I agree, but this one, this is did you ever see Step Up? Back to the streets? Stepping Up to the streets?
Speaker 1: What was the one? What are you talking? What was that big dance movie?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: That step Up that's got that's got magic mic and that's got Charlie's tyron.
Speaker 1: What's his name? What's the guy's name?
Speaker 4: That's a guy's name. Who's a big chanting Tatum? That's got no step up is chatting Tatum. But who's what's the big dance movie?
Speaker 1: Uh? Battle the battle dance movie, guys, the big one. It's called step Up. No, it's not. They have Step Up and Tatum. You're thinking of the I am You're.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, step Up is a film franchise about dance. It's a dance franchise.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's here. Step Up is what I'm taking off. Here's my point.
Speaker 3: If she's following the Jabbowaukees, that's a dance crew.
Speaker 1: But nobody else, nobody else knew it.
Speaker 3: I had to think for like, I'm like, what's a what's a dude dance crew? Okay, Well, if she's following that, okay, she likes one of the wakies, but this dude's jealous. No, I think it's more like it's one of the dance crews.
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 4: And all male dance crews like America's Got Talent has like four hundred of them.
Speaker 3: I doubt I think it's I think it's under from down under guarantee something like that.
Speaker 1: That's why he's getting jealous.
Speaker 4: I didn't even think of it that way. And if that is, then I think he's got a foot. I think he's got a thunder.
Speaker 1: To stand on too. I think he does, because that is different. That is sexually charged. That's a sexually charged thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't she's watching clips name.
Speaker 1: Clips.
Speaker 5: It says she follows a male dance team, so like I don't know if she's like going to shows like no.
Speaker 1: But she follows all like Instagram. Yeah, yeah, she's just or she follows them to the house. No follows.
Speaker 5: But like if you're like I follow a band that you might go to their shows, maybe it's a little bit more more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I clarification, but I think I think either way it's I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you do agree it's all on the phone anyway. Yeah, Yeah, she's she's turned them, she's getting turned up.
Speaker 1: With them. It's a different study. U's the phone on vibrate Guys.
Speaker 5: Here we go, next question. This one's a little turn here. But Garrett asked, what's the rudest audience.
Speaker 1: Member that you have?
Speaker 5: Do you have a story about the rudest audience member encounter?
Speaker 3: Oh? I mean you take it away instantly? When my head got split open? Can I tell her how we did?
Speaker 1: We told the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my head got split open. I've had a lot. Did I tell you about the fight at the comedy store?
Speaker 1: The guy is not ringing a bell? Yeah, the Asians outside?
Speaker 9: That is that a horror movie? I knew it more harm the Asians outside. Well, they get in the houses to Asians within.
Speaker 1: It's called house keeping. No, no, I was.
Speaker 3: I was at the comedy store and set the table. At the comedy store, there's like maybe thirty people there, and as I'm walking up to the stage being introduced, a group of Asian kids walk out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's w okay.
Speaker 3: Before before I can even say a thing, this guy is sitting by himself and there's another guy by himself.
Speaker 1: Another guy. Okay, so he's.
Speaker 3: Hitting by himself and he uh, he goes, hey, your friends just left you.
Speaker 1: I go what he goes?
Speaker 3: Your friends just left you and you told the story I did, okay, So we had some great jokes.
Speaker 1: In this, so we'll keep all that stuff in.
Speaker 3: Wall.
Speaker 1: Come on, you gotta have another one. Uh I good? Please, No, I'm only think of medical emergencies. Well that's not rude. Depends what your as. This woman had to have. This woman had to have her you know, her fits and my dorm, my set. She had a seizure, seizure, Oh my god. Well we got her assistant. We did a seizure and assistant she got no, she passed out. She was trying to get out.
Speaker 4: This is the worst part was it was very funny from my ankle, and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, you talked to me about protecting the brand.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, this the seizure wasn't as funny. But the problem was Joe. The problem was she's fine, so it's all okay. But she got up to excuse herself. Had had the seizure and then fell into the aisle.
Speaker 9: So half a body was out into the So I just saw half a body out.
Speaker 1: You just see feet.
Speaker 4: I just said, no head. The top part the thing. So she did that, and then she's laying out that it was post seizure. Before it turned the lights on, she she had seized and she was undeceased.
Speaker 1: Steven's a galdt. And then they saw the half of body. So I just saw everybody like, she needs help and I just saw a half. They got a help and she was fine.
Speaker 4: But it was a very weird angle for only I could see from the stage, so it was very bizarre.
Speaker 1: But she was fine. But I had to sit on stage door in that which what do you do? Do you leave? So you think that's rude. I think it's rude to leave. Oh no, I think it was rude that the only woman did it this. She could have waited. She could the door Jiggy set.
Speaker 3: But the good thing is when when they come to you, right, they see a comedy show. When Jiggy's on, it becomes an escape room. All the doors are locked behind you.
Speaker 1: You have to weep this out. It's a saw episode.
Speaker 4: Now, that was that. That's always weird for me when you see that. I didn't call that rude. I just it's a thing I thought of when I was prompted with the question. But it could be labeled rude.
Speaker 3: I think like rude for me is like when you're what happened? It just can never be labeled, right, That's why I said. I was like, you think that's rude?
Speaker 4: Yeah, to everybody around you think everybody in that place is like all that poor woman.
Speaker 1: Some people are like, oh, this bitch had that just getting building story. Why I think.
Speaker 3: Rude is just people that get too drunk and think they're helping, and it's not heckling. Heckling is different. Heckling is like I'm being a jerky, but when you're too drunk to understand, like the social cues, you're actually ruining the show. But you're too drunk to know. That's what I don't like because then it's almost like the audience turns. I don't have to do anything as a comic. It's like I don't even have to say a word because the audience hate you.
Speaker 1: They pick up on it.
Speaker 4: So we had we had people get thrown out of a show for having sex at a joker show.
Speaker 3: No, I swear to go, Who's who's banging at your show?
Speaker 1: Who's who?
Speaker 2: It's very impractical that somebody somebody did. They were in the barn up.
Speaker 1: They were, well, I mean we're four, We're four fucking heart throps.
Speaker 2: We just ooze Middle America sex. So we were talking about a dance squad. If you're following us, Oh will you guys.
Speaker 3: Talking about Arby's for ten minutes And they're like, ah, we did so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was we heard a ruckus. We saw the flashlights going up in the balcony. And then later we found out Jeff Johnson Game had told us that they got pulled out because he got pulled because got it got pulled out. So they got pulled on the God, yeah they were. They were having sex in the middle of the show.
Speaker 1: That's rude. That's rude. I had.
Speaker 3: I was in Columbus and a couple left.
Speaker 1: I'm just playing a part of you in today in this episode. Oh you want to okay, I'll let it myself.
Speaker 3: I was in Columbus, Ohio at the Funny Bone and there was a couple that got up and left during my show. And then there was a guy that came into the guy's bathroom and.
Speaker 1: Blumpkin. Oh in the bathroom, they get it on. But that's not that's not the theater. You can't hold them accountable for that. At least they took it out, and they took it.
Speaker 3: They took it to the streets, took to the streets. But a blumkin, you know what blunkin is?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought I'd be going like this three times. I understood that he was getting head while he was taking his ship.
Speaker 1: But if you want me to explain it to America, I'll go ahead and do that.
Speaker 4: I will be the guy my children listen to this podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, so hey, kids, just sitting out with toilet and dropping a deuce and a lady kneels in front of you and starts to gobble dobble is what we call a plumpkin?
Speaker 7: Next question, Mark, don't that would keep it in?
Speaker 1: That's great?
Speaker 4: A right, We're gonna name this episode blumpkin pot.
Speaker 1: Do you think the people at iHeart are like.
Speaker 9: The didn't we think when we signed these two?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry, all right, all right, you get a question here's in the talk back app on the iHeart media app. Well, this wasn't subtle enough that I knew you were talking about. I was like a bomb. Go ahead, sorry, okay, great, okay.
Speaker 5: Last question, Please John send us an email.
Speaker 1: I love Mark's setups. He's got to tell you how we got the question. I want people to know about it.
Speaker 5: Any advice on how to come to terms mentally with the patients required to land that first job and deal with the insecurity of not feeling as mature or financially stable as your peers that.
Speaker 1: Is, that's a tough that's a tough goal.
Speaker 4: After I graduated college, I didn't have a job for quite a while.
Speaker 1: Quite a while I didn't have a job, and I was living in mom's basement.
Speaker 4: And because I knew I didn't want to be an account I had an accounting degree and I didn't have and I was like, okay what.
Speaker 1: I was in a space where I'm like, all right, what am I going.
Speaker 4: To do with my life at all? I had no idea. I ended up with the consulting gig by going to a job fair. And I will say this about the job fair. The job fair was the Marriott Marque. This is nineteen ninety eight, maybe nine, And I.
Speaker 1: Was like, okay, what do I want to do with my life? I don't know what I want to do.
Speaker 4: And I went to a job fair and it made me realize all the jobs I didn't want, right. I think that's a huge thing by process of elimination. So I would highly recommend going to a big job fair and just walking around and just it'll help you steer you in a way. Now, the rejection part of it, that's part of the game, right, you're not gonna get I mean, I can't even tell you how many things I got rejected from my life. Not even jobs, just things that you get rejected from. So that's part of life. You've got to be strong enough to do that. You just gotta get through rejection. Rejections are part of life, so you can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also he sounds young. Yeah, he's getting his first job. You have plenty of time to find your job, and there's so much road ahead of you. It's like you can't judge your success by others at twenty two, twenty three, twenty four, it's like that's not going to happen for another twenty five thirty years for you.
Speaker 4: So one thing to John I didn't like in his email where he's saying, because he's looking at he's comparing himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, comparison does nothing for you. Yeah, comparison is the worst thing you could do.
Speaker 4: Because everybody's got their own story, their own sure, and you know, if you just look at our different careers even, right.
Speaker 1: You you're a brand, I'm not right? Yes, well no, you're a no frills brand. Yeah.
Speaker 3: People bang at your shows and people get Blumkins.
Speaker 1: The Blubkin tour.
Speaker 10: But Steve Birds, sorry, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: You can't compare. You can't compare the two of us, but our stories.
Speaker 4: I mean, seriously, you when you started this whole thing, you moved chase a dream, right, I didn't get famous.
Speaker 1: I was thirty four.
Speaker 4: You were doing these things that you were twenty one, right, right, so like you were in the game a lot longer than I was, and I would if you can, Yeah, I passed right by you.
Speaker 1: Is you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: No, I mean, I'm making internet sketch videos when you're doing comedy tours, right, look at it, like seriously you think about but the later life, I mean, I blow you out of the water. I mean, but before at the beginning, No, I'm just kidding, but at the beginning, I mean, like it's literally if I was looking I wanted to be a comic, right I was doing versus what you were doing completely different.
Speaker 1: You're on the stand up comedy tour.
Speaker 4: You're on the bus with everybody, you know Sebastian and you know you're doing that whole tour while I'm the four of us are trying to make the next Internet sketch right from MySpace.
Speaker 1: So like it really you can't compare.
Speaker 3: No, But also like we're at least in the same field, Like I mean, who knows what his friends are involved in? Ones in finance, ones in real estate, ones, you know who knows it? Just like right, you got plenty of time to figure it out. You got so much life in front of you. And I think, if anything, if you're twenty two to twenty three trying to figure out what your job is, all this free time you have enjoy it because at some point you're not going to have that free time. Like when COVID hit and I was home for like two months, I was like, I'm going to enjoy every second of this because this is a moment in time that will never happen again in my lifetime ever. And I think when you're in your twenties early twenties, it's like all that free time you have, soak it up, go to the park, go out, get bombed, have fun, wake up with a hang. You know, just all the experiences you can have. Get on a road, get take a road trip, go do things. Just experience as much as you can, because at some point you're gonna have to buckle down and you don't get that freedom anymore, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: So he's asking for advice on how to have the patience.
Speaker 4: Well, you have to have patients, right you just I think the things that you can do is avoid pitfalls, which are comparing yourself to other friends, taking a look at where other people are, because guess what, in five years they might be unemployed and you might be five years in your new career.
Speaker 1: You never know how that's going to pan out.
Speaker 4: I would also say, do things that make you feel good about your position, you know, keep applying for different jobs, even if the nose come in. Keep researching different ways that you could do things. Go to different networking events. I love those kinds of things. Networking events, job fairs, that kind of stuff get you in the mix. It makes you feel like you're doing something. Yeah, the biggest problem is feeling staff anything in life. So if you feel stagnant, you feel stuck. Get unstuck by doing things. Take steps. Go to job fares, go to networking events, go to you can find so many bullshit networking events by Google searching anything.
Speaker 1: Everybody's start. All these events you.
Speaker 4: Write Facebook, all these groups that you could find, you could you could join.
Speaker 1: So I would say do that kind of stuff. That's gonna help you.
Speaker 3: But so much in business, as I've gotten older, I try to analogize those things. Much like a relationship, right, It's like you're in PA I have to have the patience to get a job. It's like if you like a girl, you're not gonna tell her you love her within the first three, like two or three dates. It's like, relax, take your time, ease into it, like get to get to know the situation, get to know yourself. Like I try to a lot of dynamics. Treat it as though I'm courting a girl, you know, and just like be cool, Just be cool, binde your time, play your cards when you want, but have security within yourself. And don't you know, I think to rush things again, It's just like if you were to rush things in a relationship, it's not gonna work out. It's the same thing in life. It's the same thing in business. It's like you just take your time, relax, be cool.
Speaker 4: There's a good way to think about it. Yeah, you're gonna find yourself with the love of the love of your life, right being married?
Speaker 1: Whatnot? Or you're getting a blumpkin another show. That's all the time we have everybody. Thank you so much for joining us on two Cool Moms.
Speaker 3: You can find us on tour obviously Joe Gatto dot com.
Speaker 4: Joe Gattoofficial dot com official, and then Steve Burn you can find that Punch Up Lives Unofficial Joe Ghetto dot com dot com.
Speaker 1: Your website would be hysterical. That would be the best thing you ever pulled off. You should go right now, find your own to pay.
Speaker 4: Them the millions of dollars they want for it, just so you could be Joe Gatto dot com. My tour dates, yeah, yeah, your to my picture so people show up.
Speaker 1: Think it's gonna be big. Hey, this is a this is a strange case of y what's going on here? Yeah? So subscribe like share. You guys are the best. Thank you for tuning in. I don't know why you do it, but we love you for it. And I love you Steve, love you buddy,