Speaker 1: Welcome in What Try with Nick Wright episode two ninety five A little you're gonna be like, well, this looks like a different setup. Listen, the landlord at Trentage just the rates too high. If the Landlord of Trentage happens to be my wife, I'm obviously not serious. But we are in the midst of a new studio. This is so, this is the current studio for the time being. Demanse right now in the midst of a similar change. However, he still has his the landlords at Blue Duck. We're a little more forgiving on a little race period while we developed a new studio. So Demanse's setup still looks normal if you're watching his live on YouTube, we appreciate it. Uh. We also a few other changes. We're gonna try this show with no commercial breaks, no breaks in it, and we're gonna try over the next few weeks and months to try to roll in more listener comments throughout the show. So if you're live on YouTube, try to do that rather and just save it for the end of the show. But other than that, normal show another week given out winning picks just red hot these playoffs, we'll get to it fully in a moment Demons, but last week and Undefeated one push three wins, so seven to two to one for the playoff season so far. One oh one added bonus of the show being now from my home at the moment at least and not being remote is I'm gonna have actual coffee mugs, so I feel like maybe I need this is just like as boring of a coffee mug as it gets. I feel like, maybe, like diehard listeners or whatever that should be, they should maybe send me coffee mugs to promote their business. I think that could be a cool thing we do. Just drink out a coffee for people that listen and whatever and do it that way. I didn't really think that through when I said it. Now there's a mailing address that has to be involved. That's probably gonna involve a lot of work for people that aren't named Nick, right, But that's fine. Let's get to the show. Championship weekend. Here's what missed the cut. Josh McDaniels headed back to New England. We're not gonna be discussing that the Spurs and Pacers play in Paris today. We're not gonna be discussing that. And I guess the Philadelphia Mayor misspelled the Eagles in the e A G L E S Eagles chant. That's a tough one. That's a tough one. I gotta tell you, it's not great. It's not the worst thing that's ever happened. It's not great, demons. Let's get right to the show, though, because Arrowhead Invitational is upon us.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it is that time of year again, the Arrowhead Invitational. Josh Allen will be going into Arrowhead and facing Mahomes and the Chiefs. He's done everything that he's needed to do this year to get to this point. Would you say that Maholmes needs to outplay Josh Allen in this game or does Josh Allen need to outplay Mahomes here?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I do not think either team can win this game with their corequarterback playing worse than the other teams. I don't think this is there are so that might be, like, well, isn't in the case in every game? No, Like Eagles Rams this weekend, Jalen Hurts did not need to doubt play Matt Stafford, which is good because he didn't. Jalen Hurts needed to avoid the critical mistake and rely on Saquon and his defense. This is I understand James Cook has had an underrated and awesome season. This game is going to come down to the quarterbacks, and that can sometimes be banal or boring commentary. In this specific instance, that's what it comes down to. So I want to talk about Mahomes here first, and then I want to talk about the Bills. But actually, before I even talk about Mahomes, I want to one final note on the referee commentary of the week because it's really enraged me. And I didn't care right after the game, but now that dishonest folks listen. It's one thing if you're stupid. It's another thing if you're being intention if you're smart enough to know better and being intentionally dishonest. And I really like Warren Sharp. I think Warren Sharp is a smart guy, which makes what he's been peddling this week so embarrassing the arbitrary. So folks are trying to all of the numbers say the Chiefs are middle of the pack in penalties received. We talked about this on Tuesday. So and in the twenty twenty Super Bowl, the Chiefs got annihilated in the penalty margin against them, the one they lost to Tampa. Now, that had nothing to do with the loss. And the only reason I'm bringing that up is because there is a new sample folks are looking at. And obviously in twenty twenty one, the Chiefs didn't win the Super Bowl. This run started in twenty twenty two. But folks have decided if you start with the sample of twenty twenty one to now, you have a group of playoff games where the Chiefs won the penalty margin ten out of eleven games, and that now is the smoking gun. But here's the problem. So Jeff Schwartz has done a good job fighting this battle, but we are putting all in one bucket. Judgment calls, non judgment calls, and we're throwing out called penalties that weren't accepted. So if the Chiefs have five penalties in a game and the other team has eight penalties, and that happens repeatedly, but if the judgment call penalty meaning holding illegal contact DPI o PI, those things are dead even. And the other ones are pre snap penalties, which are did you do it? Did you not? Offside's false start delay a game? Does that actually tell you anything about the referees favoring one team or another, of course not And so I'll read Jeff's tweet exactly without context of these of the penalty. These splits are misleading. Take the Chiefs Dolphins wild card game last season. Dolphins had eight penalties included two false starts, a delay, a game in an illegal formation, So four penalties were called based on the judgment of the officials. Four that's in this sample of Oh, the Chiefs have gotten all the calls. The Chiefs had five accepted penalties six total, One was a DPI with it they declined it, one false start and four judgment penalties. So that this Chiefs Dolphins game as just a one off example that's being used as man another game, the Chiefs doubled up the other team in penalties. Judgment call penalties were four to four. And I really don't want to litigate this because I think it's so unbelievably dumb and I that this there have been during this run. There have been two calls that you can say end of game critical situations really benefited the Chiefs. The late hit out of bounds in the Bengals game and the hold in the Eagles Super Bowl. Both of those players that those penalties were called against immediately after the game apologized for committing the penalty and acknowledged they committed the penalty, including James Bradbury, said yeah, I held him. I was hoping the referees would let it go and so that just set that part aside as well. The reason this is so frustrating for me is because it is allowing some of the worst. If I'm loyal to anything, it's to takes. My family is of course first, but takes second. And it's allowing the worst media members off the hook. I shouldn't say the worst media members the worst takes off the hook because I was fighting a one man wore this regular season saying football media has this Chiefs team wrong. How many shows did we do? Where I said, folks are arguing this is the worst team of the Mahomes era, And I said, how ridiculous. I thought that was how many shows did I do? When I said, folks are are praying at the altar of the Lion's margin of victory as if that is gonna be some type of evidence as to how they're going to do in the playoffs. Folks are saying, oh, the Chiefs can't keep getting away with this jesse and breaking bad style, like the luck's going to run out. And we had folks say this is the type of team that loses their first playoff game. And then we had folks say going into that first playoff game that Houston pass rushman watch out. And now instead of having to acknowledge, because all of those same people last year, when there was legitimate concern last year said oh no, never seen this guy win on the road, this type of path Buffalo Old Clipham, if not Baltimoreal Clipham. They have now two years in a row, been very loud and very wrong about the defining dynasty of our era, and this week, when they should have to own it, they've moved it to where the conversation is about the officials in a game that the Chiefs were up by eleven with thirty seconds left and then self safety, so they end up winning by nine. So that part is incredibly irritating to me. And here is the other part that is irritating to me. We are missing what is one of the most unbelievable singular athlete sports stories of all time. And because we have spent this week discussing the refs. We might not get to have the discussion because it is as and we'll discuss this in a bit. It is on the board. The Chiefs lose this weekend. Buffalo's excellent. No player has ever gone four and oh, no quarterback has ever gone four and oh against another quarterback in the playoffs. It's never happened. There have been three instances of three and oh Aikeman over Farve, Brady over Rivers, and one other one that I don't remember, and obviously Mahomes over Allen is three and oh, so four instances the one that I can't remember, No one's ever gone four and uh. If we look at Brady and Peyton as this rivalry in the playoffs, Brady owned Brady won the first two, then never beat him in the playoffs again. Peyton then won the last one that they played Colts Patriots in O six and then won both of the matchups Broncos Patriots when he was with Denver. So going for like it is going to be a war this weekend. And the reason I bring that up is what Patrick Mahomes did by getting to his seventh consecutive conference championship game, and this Chiefs team did is totally glossed over now. The Mahomes now has sixteen playoff wins sixteen in his thirties, Brady had twelve. The greatest winner ever, Tom Brady had twelve playoff wins in sights in his thirties. Pardon me before he turns thirty. I said that wrong. He is sixteen with a chance for seventeen this weekend. Two guys ever have made seven conference championship games other than Mahomes, Montana who made seven, and Brady, who made fourteen. For some context on that, Montana made his seventh at thirty seven years old as a Kansas City chief How old is the audience right now? If you had to guess think Tom Brady was when he made his seventh conference championship game he made fourteen of them. The answer is thirty five years old. Tom Brady throughout until he was thirty five years old, had been to six conference championship games. Mahomes now has been to seventies twenty nine. This Chiefs team now has at the very least tied. I would argue set the record, so to speak, for the greatest season for a two time defending champion for a team going for a three peat. Teams going for a three peat, here is what they've done that the team's the closest competitors. The Steelers, after their first two championships with Bradshaw, made the Conference championship game after a ten win season now to be fair, fourteen game schedule, so ten and four and lost to the Raiders. The Cowboys made the Conference championship game and lost to the Niners. And the Niners made the Conference championship game after going fourteen and two and lost a classic to the Giants, the Roger Craig Fumble Game. And now the Chiefs, after starting fifteen and one resting guys in Week eighteen going fifteen and two, are in the Conference championship game. It is the greatest attempt at a three peat we've ever seen, and all year long, folks ignored it, I don't want to say ignored it, but tried to downplay it. And now in the playoff run we're talking about the reps. It's just incredibly irritating.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, going to the to the penalty. Thing behind the box office says, why can't people give Andy Reid in Spags credit for being arguably the best coaching due of all time, little penalties, and always well prepared to face teams that have equal that have equal or more talent than the Chiefs. So that's the others also come down to coaching and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's the other piece of it. That I just the idea that it's a shocker that a team with a veteran quarterback, the best head coach in the league, the best coordinator in the league, the playoff, you know, battle tested, would cut down the penalties in the postseason is just lunacy. And here's the other thing I will say. One of the pieces of why you want to play at home is there is It's not huge, but they documented home field advantage to the calls. This isn't for the Chiefs, this is for the league. Home teams get a slightly better whistle across sports than road teams. Well, when you have played of your hownty playoff games, they've played nine playoff games, two on the road for Super Bowls. So they have played nine playoff games nineteen pardon me, thirteen home playoff games. Yeah, that's I'm sure there is a bit of home field of vantage of that, but that's why you want to be at home. And so I just I found the whole thing ridiculous. Now, if I may on Patrick quickly, and we'll talk more about the actual matchups in this game during the picks, Patrick's gonna have to be great. The Chiefs have set the record all time NFL history. Think about that, all one hundred plus years of football, no team has ever gone more consecutive games without a turnover. It's not some fugees record. That's not Oh, here's the very basic consecutive games no turnovers. The Chiefs have set it with eight. Patrick has not turned the ball over since the last time they played the Bills. Patrick's gonna have to be excellent, and they are going to need more than Kelsey and Xavier Worthy in this game. Now. I think the Chiefs defense matches up far better against Buffalo than it did the first matchup, and we'll talk about that in a bit. But to answer Demanse's initial question, Yeah, Mahomes needs to play Josh out played Josh Allen for the Chiefs to win. I think the Bills are an excellent team all year long. I've said this is the second best team in football to Monse, and I think we're gonn to see the potentially, the not potentially. I do think we're gonna see the two best teams in football playing Sunday evening for a chance to go to the Super Bowl. For the Chiefs, they would also become the only team ever right, hold on, the Patriots made the Super Bowl in fourteen sixteen, They won it in fourteen, sixteen and eighteen, and they lost it in seventeen. Yeah, the Chiefs would become the only team ever to make five Super Bowls in six years, and the one year they didn't, they would have lost in overtime of the conference championship game. All right, let's go to the Bills.
Speaker 2: So on, Josh Allen. So, Josh Allen has eliminated most of that roller coaster trait that you said that he has. But you say before, as you said before, whenever teams play the Chiefs, they tend to get in their head and play outside of their game. Do you think that there's a chance that you might find Josh Allen trying to play euroball because he gets hisself gets himself into a situation.
Speaker 1: So I do think that's gonna happen. And here's why it's not an This is not an indictment on Josh. But Josh last year in this game, it was very odd because on the opening play of the the opening drive of the game, he threw that lateral across the field. It was by the way, it was in the illegal lateral, but whatever. But aside from that, Josh was super conservative. Thirty nine passes for one hundred and eighty six total yards, not a The Bills did not have a single play of twenty yards and they didn't have a single pass play of more than fifteen yards. So Josh tried to play the conservative safe game. They lost, and I do not think they are going to now. He played a conservative safe game against Baltimore, but Baltimore was because of the mistakes in the first half. The Bills had control of that game basically start to finish, and you saw he alluded to it in his press conference with the He almost lateraled on the third and goal, right before the field goal to go up eight. As soon as it was like, oh, we have to make a play, we have to make a play. As soon as that happened, that devil on his shoulder popped back up and like, come on, Josh, you know what you want to do. I think Josh has been superb this year. I have said many times I thought he was the league MVP. I don't think the Bills game plan of don't make mistakes, just you know, play solid football, run the ball will work in this game. I think that the Chiefs are going to be too dynamic offensively, and I think that the Bills pass rush is not going to create the same problems the Texans pass rush did. And because of that, I think the Chiefs are going to be able to move the ball vertically and Josh is gonna have to stay blow for blow. So I'll go ahead and make what is a pretty ambitious prediction because Josh hasn't he hasn't thrown a pick. Oh, I guess he threw. He's thrown one pick in their last eight games. I'm not sure about the fumbles. He threw a pick against the Patriots in that kind of bad Week sixteen game. I think Josh turns the ball over this weekend. I don't think it turns it over a bunch, but I think he does turn the ball over. And I know the Chiefs run defense was not very good against the Texans. That you have no one has been able to run on the Chiefs this year. I think the Chiefs run defense causes problems for James Cook, and I think Josh tries to make a play and that unbelievable. I think the Bills have what eight turnovers this year? Something insane. Josh has the I mean, I really think it's eight turnovers for the Bills this year. It's an absurd stat and a testament to Josh and what they've done. I think that snaps this weekend, and so I think one of the key factors when you look at I said it going into that Chargers Texans game. One of the reasons I picked the Texans was Herbert has done a brilliant job of not turning the ball over. Only three picks all year. What if he throws a pick? How does it affect him? And he did and then he threw a bunch lamar I said the same thing, only four picks all year, had done a great job protecting the ball. What if he throws a pick, how does it affect him? And he did it. He threw a pick in the very next drive. Turn the ball over again. Josh done a great job protecting the football. How does it turnover impact him? I think he has one this weekend. Let's go on to the next game demonstrat cast a spell. No, I think it's gonna happen. Jane daleens a rookie.
Speaker 2: His head coach Dan Quinn is responsible for that terrible Super Bowl collapse back in twenty sixteen. Sirianni and Hurts obviously have the super Bowl experience and that very top heavy roster. Do you think it would be crazy to trust Washington more here than Philly.
Speaker 1: I think it's crazy to trust Washington more. I do not at all think it's crazy to think Washington can win. Listen, I the the game they played them, you know, six weeks ago or a month ago, and beat them thirty six thirty three. And everyone will say, yeah, well Jalen Hurts got hurt in that game, and that's totally true, but Philly scored thirty three points. Like I know, Jalen was out, and maybe they would have had a totally different game plan and Philly, did you know, Kenny Pickett made some mistakes. I'm not I'm not saying everything would have gone the same, but it's not as if Washington won that game, because once Jalen got hurt, Philly couldn't move the ball. What's unbelievable about that win, Demansey is Washington turned the ball over in that game five times and scored thirty six points in one. I couldn't believe it when I was rewatching it this week, that that game. I yes, I maybe so maybe because it's it's not impossible, but it's damn near unprecedented. That game, Washington had five turnovers, lost three fumbles, had two Jaden threw two picks, and they got stopped I think was the opening drive of the game on a fourth down. So they had six possessions and in a turnover or turnover on downs and they scored thirty six points and won the game. What now? That was also a game CJ. Gardner Johnson got ejected in and that really seemed to hurt the Eagles secondary. But I think I think Washington's going to be able to move the football on Philly. And the question is can Washington at all slowed down Saquon Barkley, because up to this point, not only no one has, but they specifically haven't been able to first matchup Saquon twenty six care He's a buck forty six, two touchdowns, two catches for fifty two yards. So the first matchup one hundred and ninety eight yards, two touchdowns. Second matchup twenty nine carries for a buck fifty with two touchdowns, no catches. But that was again Jalen got hurt. So he's averaging a buck seventy five yards from scrimmage and two touchdowns in two matchups against Washington this year. That will get you beat that, no matter.
Speaker 2: And Jalen Hurts are buffalo banged up going into this game.
Speaker 1: I assume, though I don't think Saquan's banged up. You're talking about because of his hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's say a leg thing, but yeah, I mean, but it's leaning on Saquon. I don't trust.
Speaker 1: They've got to lean on Saquon. And I did find it interesting that Philly yesterday did not hold a practice, They held a walk through. Why is that? I think the answer is because jail, because Nick Sirianni didn't want out there that Jalen Hurts couldn't practice. Because I think Listen Jalen is a for as much criticism as Jalen fairly receives for the limitations as a passer, he is a tough dude, And I mean it looked like he could have torn every ligament in his knee on that one of those plays. He came back in a couple of minutes later. Now he got safety because Siriani made him drop back and that like he obviously had some issues there. But so I fully expect him to play. I don't you know. That part to me is not a concern at all. But let me rephrase it. It's a concern will he be effective. It's not a concern will he not play. But they are really going to have to figure out can they do something that no one's been able to do as of which is slow down Jayden Daniels. And is Jayden Daniels, I mean Jaden Daniels. If we just go back starting with the Philly game, two hundred and sixty yards, This is just passing two hundred and sixty yards, passing five touchdowns, two hundred and twenty seven yards, passing three touchdowns, two hundred and sixty eight yards, passing two touchdowns, two hundred ninety nine yards passing two touchdowns. You then say, in that same stretch of games, what's his rushing ben nine for eighty one, sixteen for one, twenty seven, thirteen for thirty six in the first playoff game, sixteen for fifty one in the second playoff game. The kid's been unbelievable, flatly unbelievable. And so I do think it's crazy to trust a young team with a banged up offensive line and a below average defense more than the Eagles as a whole. I do not think it's crazy to think what to believe Washington can go in there and win that game. You got to follow up here to.
Speaker 2: I think they could win it. But if Washington and Jaden wins, will you officially have a new category of take. We'd call it category four, whereas you're wrong, but you got enough of the take correct to consider yourself correct on the take.
Speaker 1: So I mean category one is instantly correct. Yeah, Category two is eventually correct. Category three is dead wrong, like embarrassingly wrong. So what you're saying is, going into the season, I had this take the Chiefs going for a three Pat will face in the Super Bowl, a rookie quarterback who won a Heisman Trophy, who is a dual threat, who has a connection to Cliff Kingsbury, who went in the top two of the draft, and will be named Caleb Williams and that if I got the first six pieces of that take correct and just the seventh wrong, do I get to claim credit. I'm here to tell you maybe. I mean if again again, If I go out on a limb and say, this year, the first time ever, a rookie is going to make the super Bowl and it's going standing between the Chiefs and a three pet will be a rookie quarterback, and everyone's like, oh my god, a rookie's never made the super Bowl? And then that happens, do I get Am I more wrong because I picked the wrong rookie? Then folks that were like, oh, it's gonna be the Lions, I don't know the you know what I mean? This is a question people are asked pretty close, pretty close, pretty close, or like a combination of totally right and totally wrong. That's to me with the category four is like, if let me think of another example of this totally right and totally wrong, I would say kind of, well, no, that one doesn't work. I don't know, I can't think of it on the fly. Let's go on to the new coaches and then we'll do our picks and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we didn't have time on Tuesday but obviously Ben Johnson is going over there with Kayleb Williams and the Bears. What grade would you give that higher?
Speaker 1: I'd give that nay. I mean they got the guy they wanted to get. I again, you don't know, are you getting Matt Lafleur, Kevin O'Connell, or are you getting the long list of offensive geniuses who've never been a head coach who failed? Are you getting you know, I guess Brian Dable. It's not fair to say he failed yet, but it's not going well. There have been a lot of these guys who we thought were offensive. Mike McDaniel, by the way, is that working. I don't know. He got an extension. It worked early, and that's the veterand the real bad end is like Freddie Kitchens and Nat Hackett. And now you can say those aren't really fair example Shane Steich and I don't know if that's working. The so you can't say this is going to work great. You can say this is the guy they needed to hire. And weakening Detroit is another really good piece of this. Demanse so like and that's the other thing. And we can get to Aaron Glenn now Man, there are some legitimate concerns about Detroit, but go ahead, you can do the fin yees.
Speaker 2: So the Jets and landed Aaron Glenn. Do you think that that's a step in the right direction or is it more of the same.
Speaker 1: No. I like it for the Jetsk. I like it for the Jets, and I like the fact that they got him. It would have been He's you know, he has a real connection to that organization. It would have been an indictment if he decided he didn't want to go there. Every everyone that's ever known Aaron Glenn has been impressed by him. It seems like Sean Payton loves him, Bill Parcells loves him. Coach me and Jeanie loves him. I remember people back in Houston talking about him. Why And That's what I'm trying to remember because when I remember John Okay, that's why, it's because he played for the Texans. I was like, he never coached for the Texans. But when I lived in Houston, John Lopez, my old radio partner there, loved Aaron Glenn and would always speak highly of Aaron Glenn when he was getting his start in coaching. I think with Cleveland, so the everyone loves Aaron Glenn, so that part of it, I really do like, I do think for the Lions Demons, this is a rough spot they're in now. You have back to back heartbreaking playoff losses and you lose your top two coordinators.
Speaker 2: Who I'm not saying the window loss between those Between those two.
Speaker 1: I think Ben Johnson because I'm not like, we got to see how this impacts golf, and we got to see how not having having I don't know, they'll have to learn a new system entirely. But the loss of Ben Johnson combined with you lost that game in part because of your four turnovers. What that's going to impact him on for next season? All right, let's fire off these other couple follow ups before we get Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Jacksonville fired their GM yesterday after missing out on the top head coaches. What does this mean for your guy, Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: I think it's the best thing that Listen. I don't love that they missed out on the coaches and maybe they'll still take a run at Liam Cohen. But Trevor was gonna be drawn. That team was going to be drawing dead as long as Trent Balky was there. Trent Balky hasn't been a part of a double digit win season since twenty thirteen. He somehow won a power struggle in San Francisco with Damn Jim Harbaugh and they ran Jim Barball out, So I they needed to move on from Balky. That it's really positive that they finally did all right.
Speaker 2: Last one best remaining head coach opening Cowboys, Raiders, Saints or Jags.
Speaker 1: Now that Balky's gone. I think the Jags because I still believe in Trevor and that division is so wide open. The Saints salary cap situation is a disaster. The Raiders the division is impossible, and the Cowboys you have to deal with Jerry's podcast, right, You gotta deal with a lot of stuff now you have right now. I get it Dack's better than Trevor, but I don't. I think Trevor has the higher upside and potential and you can actually install your own culture in Jacksonville. So I would rank them Jags, Cowboys, Saints, Raiders. The thing with the Saints is you need to have a legitimate, like six year runway. You need to make it clear next year and the year after we're cleaning up the cap and then in twenty twenty seven, we are going to try to start competing all right. By the way, before we get to our picks, this episode of What's Right is brought to you by DAYA Pizza featuring dairy free cheese made with their new DAA oat Cream blend. Day of Free Cheese has come a long way, and DAYA is leading the charge. Their pizzas offer the melt and stretch of traditional cheese without any dairy. Each DAYA Pizza starts with perfectly crisp crust, layered with savory, satisfying toppings, and finished with cheese that melts and stretches beautifully. The DAA oat Cream blend delivers a creamy, cheesy texture that's indistinguishable from dairy based options. Every pizza is crafted to be dairy free, making a great choice for anyone seeking more inclusive meal options without compromising on taste. That's the most important part. Data takes the concept of dairy free to a new level. You guys know, it's my favorite part. Eliminating fau mo fear of missing dairy. These pizzas delivered delicious tastes and texture, making them perfect for any occasion. From casual dinners to game day spreads. Enjoy a FAA move free pizza night with DAYA. Visit dayafoods dot com from more info or fine DAYA Pizza at retailers like Whole Foods, Kroger, and Walmart. Follow Daya on Instagram and TikTok for more updates. All right, demanse, let's get back to it. Uh. I'll let you go ahead and recap my picks for this weekend, because again I mean when I say hard to do better literally true, couldn't have done better? Go ahead.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of green here. So first off, you had a case you might have eight and a half versus Houston. I got a little close there.
Speaker 1: Let me say that one did get close, not because of the safety but because listen, they were up eleven and Houston's kicking a field goal and the Chiefs had to block it. But you know they've done that before in bigger spots. This also does speak to the importance of not of holding off. If you get the worst line imaginable. This thing was seven and a half and then eight and a half all week, and then an hour before kick moved to nine and a half. If you could have gotten it at seven and a half or eight and a half all week. You can't bet it at nine and a half unless there's like major injury news or something to do that. And the people that did better at nine and a half got killed. Now here's what I will say real quick on this to Monsey, there's another example of people not understanding how gambling works. People are like, oh, you tell me the fix is an end when it's a nine and a half point spread and they achieve self safety. The Chiefs winning by nine was the worst possible result for Vegas because they lost both directions the early Chiefs betters, which they had a ton of, which is why the line kept moving all one. You got the Chiefs seven and a half, eight, eight and a half, then it gets all the way up to nine and a half, and then people hammer the Texans and it finishes back at nine or eight and a half. So all the early betters won who took the Chiefs, that move the line up to nine and half, then all the late betters one who took the Texans when it was nine and a half. That was the worst possible result for Vegas. Just to be clear, all right, we can go back to the picks.
Speaker 2: You got Washington plus nine and a half at Detroit. You remember not covering any point.
Speaker 1: I was never not covering. But to be fair, that was the game that I said I had the hardest time picking, and that was the game that covered the easiest by far. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: So you got to push plus six at Philly. Yeah, and then you've got it.
Speaker 1: I thought I was gonna win that outright, because yeah, I thought Stafford was gonna pull off the insane comeback. Now thanks to we do have to shout out Jake Elliott here that one. You know, yes Stafford could have come back, but also Jake Elliott missing a couple extra points was key. And the last one was Buffalo plus one and a half agins Baltimore for the record. All week long on TV, I said that line should be Buffalo minus two and a half their home. I thought they were slightly better, they had the more trustworthy quarterback, And I said that should be Buffalo or Baltimore part Buffalo minus two and a half. If it were, I probably still would have taken Buffalo. I would have lost, but Buffalo plus one and a half a winner. And am I the greatest TD genie guy? Ever. I mean you saw I hit it.
Speaker 2: Again, Kelsey plus it was mahomes only touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Mahomes only touchdown. I'll give you guys a touchdown genie for this weekend because I'm undefeated on it this year. Kareem Hunt, Kareem Hunt would I don't even know what the odds are. Kareem Hunt's gonna score a touchdown. Pacheco has not been the same since returning from the broken leg. Sf Ben, by the way, parlayed all our picks plus twelve hundred. Nice little win for him, and cream Hunt is plus one ninety. Oh love that. Yeah, Kareem Hunt. Anytime touchdown, he'll get the.
Speaker 2: Goal line, Karns.
Speaker 1: So I'll lock that in, all right, Deman's first game.
Speaker 2: You've got Washington plus six. It's plus six and a half on FanDuel, but it's at minus one twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think that right now, the consensus line seems to be plus six, and I'm no Danny Parkins where I'm just gonna line shop, line, shop, and then you know, try to say, oh, I got this great line. So I'll do plus six. I think Washington can win. I'm I'm gonna hold off on making my official pick on that till tomorrow. I want to. I do really want to see an actual Eagles injury report, which we haven't gotten to see yet. But I think Washington can win this game. Demanse, and I think that even if the trailing you know, Jaden, the back door cover is going to be alive the whole time I now listen it is in play. I'm not going to act like this is it's you know, there is a game script that is Washington goes for an early fourth down like they did against Detroit, fails Philly you know, runs, Saquon goes and scores get to stop. All of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Phillysh them out. Then for the Commanders to win.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know that I agree it's more likely, but a Philly blowout certainly wouldn't be shocking, so I would so I this there is some trepidation here, but I kind of trust Dan Quinn in game more than Nick Sirianni and I well, no, I mean we didn't talk about it in the divisional game. I mean he made he had he had one of the worst game management games I've had ever seen. They butchered the end of the first half, got no points. Right after Jalen's knee bent the wrong way, he called a drop back into his own end zone and got safetied. And on second and seven truly called one of the second and seven three minutes left to try to make the Counference championship game with a first down. Honest to god, one of the worst play calls I've ever seen in the history of football. I'm gonna do a play action rollout with my injured quarterback, and now all of a sudden, it's third and nineteen and Stafford's gonna get the ball back. Dan Listen, people like a Sirian. He's been to a Super Bowl, so as Dan Quinn. Dan Quinn's also been to a Super Bowl when he was with Atlanta win solo that now there have been five rookie quarterbacks played in this round. They're zero to five. I understand that it's Dieter brock Brock Purty, Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco, and Sean King, and I all the trends in everything like Philadelphia here. I just think Washington can get them in a can play a shootout with these guys. I think Washington players shoot out with any time yes, well that's the other thing that they are. They are on a total free roll. And let so let me ask you this demanse before we move on. Obviously, I want the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. Forget what the point spread would be. Who do you think the Chiefs should want to be playing Washington or Philly?
Speaker 2: I think that they shouldn't want to be playing Washington. But that kind of leads me into the question. I was going to ask you a question, but would you say that they would would you say they would rather the Eagles?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, but go ahead. So what if they did get What if they did get Washington? Me and the producers are actually talking about it. What if they get Washington and they beat Washington but the Chiefs three p and everybody just downplays it because they quarterback in the No, no.
Speaker 1: No, nobody will be able to down I thought you're gonna go the other way. Nobody can downplay a three pet. I mean people will try to be idiots. Well, yeah, I know, if.
Speaker 2: Jaydon Daniels wins this game, it's terrible scenario for you.
Speaker 1: Like I like, I get that part, but it's not it's not a terrible scenario for me at all. But if jayde and Daniels wins this game and then also wins the Super Bowl, He's.
Speaker 2: The new Mahomes.
Speaker 1: It's it's Daniel's mountain at that point. Crazy, Like, I mean, it would be so almost unfathomable. But if people went into next year and they were like, obviously, Jaden Daniels is the best quarterback in the NFL, it would be I wouldn't agree, but it would be really hard to argue against. Like they just be like, I don't know, man, the guy, the guy's played one year and won the Super Bowl as a rookie, and the defense wasn't that good, the running game's not that good, and then he beat Mahomes in the Super Bowl, Like that would be he would have a hell of Like if you had to write a scenario where Mahomes beats Josh Allen Lamar falls short again, Mahomes gets to the Super Bowl, and somehow is not universally considered the best player in the league, this scenario would be. Well, a guy in his first playoffs and first season ever has an unbelievable statistical year, carries a team no one believed in to the Super Bowl, and they win it, So you know what I mean, I think that is yeah, but I just Philly. What would concern me about Philly is their ability to shrink the game by just running Saquon running Saquon, and you don't get as many bites at the Apple. But I'll take Washington plus six. My last pick is gonna be pretty obvious, Tomansey, I mean, this is noble.
Speaker 2: You got Kacy minus one and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so listen. I think Trent McDuffie is gonna be following around Khalil Shakir and I think that will take him out of the game somewhat. I truly trust the Chiefs run defense, even though it wasn't great this past weekend. We have seen Travis Kelce in the first matchup between these teams, did nothing and both teams were without like four key guys. So call that a wash because both teams are way healthier. However, I'm not sure if Taylor Rapp is playing for Buffalo. He didn't practice yesterday and Christian Binford is still in concussion protocol. That's concerning Tron Johnson popped out his shoulder during the game, came back, but that injury it's he'll definitely play, but he absolutely is susceptible to reinjury. So that part's concerning the Now that Hollywood Brown is in the offense and Xavier Worthy understands the offense, teams can't simply double Kelsey and because of that, he's going to be able to eat in the middle of the field once again. Now the Chiefs stink against guarding tight ends, so Knox and Kincaid should probably do well. But I think the Chiefs don't make any mistakes as far as turning the ball over. I do not think the referees are a big piece of this game. And I'm getting Mahomes in the playoffs with less than a field goal Mahomes seven to zero against the spread and straight up when he's an underdog or favored by less than a field goal in the playoffs in home games November or later cold weather home games. Mahomes is twenty three and two, with the two losses being an insane Chargers game his first year as a starter and the AFC Championship game against Brady when he never got the ball in overtime, but the Chiefs didn't whine about it afterwards, and so Listen, I think enough demons. One of the most annoying, unimportant stats I've had to hear all year. As you know, three teams all year didn't score more than thirty points, the Raiders, the Patriots, and the Chiefs. What's up with Why can't they put up a big number? They never scored thirty one all year? My score prediction here is thirty one twenty four Kansas City. I think they actually do hit that thirty one total for the first time all season. I think the offense looks way better than he did last week because the pass rush isn't as ferocious and it's ultimately the Chiefs Mahomes in the playoffs against Josh Allen and the Bills. No dispect to the Bills, who I think have had an unbelievable year, but they come up short once again.
Speaker 2: Go ahead game of the year, Definitely, it's gonna be a great game of Carlos I as soon. But Austin our says Nick for the Kansas City Buffalo matchup, how much does Kansas City being on an extra day and a half rest completing a part.
Speaker 1: I think it's a legitimate edge. Listen. I said that. I said that last week that Bill's Ravens being the marquee game and therefore getting the Sunday night treatment while the Chiefs be you know, the Mattinee on Saturday. I thought was really really good for Kansas City. Now Kansas City got out of that game fully healthy. H and they're the healthiest they've been all year. And buff Listen, Buffalo didn't suffer a ton of injuries. But Taylor, you always worry about cluster injuries. And Taylor rap is in the secondary. Tron Johnson is in the secondary, Christian Binford is in the secondary. And so that.
Speaker 2: To me, like as soon as yes, and so that that to me is a real concern.
Speaker 1: All right. Uh So the recaps very simple for seven to and one in the playoffs. I got Washington plus six, I got Case minus seven and a half. Demand's picks in the playoffs have not been as good. We don't really have to do it. Who cares? You're not in against the spread guy, You're a teaser guy.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, we can't we can't say this. I'm all right, So, yeah, it's gotten to the playoffs and I am not against the spread guy. Might be a regular season yeah spread type of but yeah, because you were like the regular rainbow over here, and yeah, fell.
Speaker 1: A part in the playoffs, you know what I mean, Lamar Jackson of the picking games.
Speaker 3: Uh one, Yeah, Houston, Houston plus eight and a half, that didn't hit, Washington plus nine and a half, money Rams plus six with the push, and then Baltimore minus one and a half because I was being a Homer.
Speaker 1: Tough one, more a teaser guy and never a doubt on it. Ye City covering the whole time, Washington governing the whole time, even the Rams at fourteen covering the whole time. Three teamer plus one and five. You gotta love it. Do you have a teaser for us this weekend?
Speaker 2: So it is a two I understand it's two teams. I'm teasing it. I can literally, Hey, two teams six and a half point at minus one forty three. We got Washington plus thirteen at Philly obviously, and then Buffalo plus eight at Kansas City.
Speaker 1: I mean that's if you're going I'll give that teaser a B. If you're going to tease either of these games, that's the direction you have to tease them, right.
Speaker 2: So exactly, That's why it just feels kind of feels weird because there's not a huge sample.
Speaker 1: I mean, and you don't want to teasing a six point Kansas City teaser makes no sense to where all of a sudden you're going through.
Speaker 2: The zero four points. But what there being just two teams figure trying to go as least amount of plus I can juice up agree as much as possible.
Speaker 1: All right, what's the offer? Offer? The offer? This week?
Speaker 2: We cook this one up. Last night we got Washington Money Line with a James Cook anytime touchdown score comes out to plus seven oh eight.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing, if you like, I understand the argument there, which is James Cook's gonna score a touchdown and you're just trying to get, you know, way extra.
Speaker 2: Extra juice from Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what here you switch it. I don't ever take the offer, but I'll take it Washington money Line and Kareem Hunt anytime touchdow Kareem Hunt and I'll take it, all right. And my guess is that'll be like ten to one because Kareem maybe even more. See you see if the producers while we read some of the listener questions, see if they can tell us in the doc what that would actually.
Speaker 2: Pay out plus eight point fifty seven as opposed to.
Speaker 1: Plus You like a little better odds, But that's fine. I'll Washington money line and Kareem Hunt touchdown. I'm good with that, all right, Demante, Let's go to these listener questions and reminder, by the way, like rate, subscribe, review, do all that fun stuff. We are getting closer to two hundred thousand on YouTube. That would be dope. We well, we're north the one seventy. Now, the goal was two hundred thousand by the super Bowl. I'll be on it. We're gonna fall short of that, but that's okay. Maybe we can get to one hundred and seventy five thousand by the super Bowl. That'd be great, all right, and subscribe on iTunes or Spotify wherever it is. All right, let's go to.
Speaker 2: These I feel like it should be a rule if you're texting in the chat and we answer the question on the pod, you said a thousand percent be subscribed.
Speaker 1: Oh, I totally agree.
Speaker 2: Great, great take uh, Matt says, decorated my doors sign outside of my sixth grade classroom with in our villain era go chiefs and adult actively baiting her sixth grade student haters.
Speaker 1: Wow, I would I would just love to know what city that person's from, you know, because it doesn't sound like Kansas City. But I love that all right.
Speaker 2: Next, WX says Nick. Do you see parallels and how the Eagles and Chiefs are covered after wins? It's never about the fact that they are good, but about how they didn't play exactly like people wanted them to.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the sure The difference is the Eagles do it to themselves and the Chiefs don't like the the nobody. A few weeks ago, nobody was talking about the Eagles passing game. They were talking about Saquon trying to get two thousand yards or break break the record. AJ Brown kind of lit the fuse there, so a lot of it is AJ Brown or Nick Siriani kind of baiting the media almost so, But yes, I understand the point you're making, all right.
Speaker 2: Last one, uh Tasso asked if von Miller goes on to win his third Super Bowl with his third team, or will that put him in all in the all time best defensive players that of his discussion top.
Speaker 1: Five, top five, No, top five's too much, but it would be unbelievable. Three rings with three different teams, and he listen, he obviously, I mean he was Super Bowl MVP with the Broncos. He was awesome for the Rams on that run, and you know, for the Bills, that's been a disappointing signing. But he's the guy that scooped up Lamar's fumble. So if he were to make, you know, big play on Mahomes or something, big play in the Super Bowl. But I mean, I'm gonna leave people out, but just the immediate top five defensive players. You have Dion, you have Lawrence Taylor, Uh, you have Reggie White. Those three are you know immediate right there? JJ Watt, Aaron Donald, are you know in that in that group? And I'm leaving Bruce Smith, Jones, Ray lewis the great one. Demond say, no, he's he's in there. So yeah, Von's not. Von's not in that group. But he's a first ballot Hall of Famer. All right, this was fun. Hopefully on Tuesday when we're back, we got a cooler backdrop for you. Great job, Demonsday, a great job my friends at Blue Duck. Great job everybody putting the show together. Uh, I've not I've been dreaming about these football games. I've been on edge all week Sunday. Can't get here soon enough. Come on, three Pete two wins away, let's go. What's right