Speaker 1: It's nine one ALLEGI with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. We are back, you guys with guess what the season finale?
Speaker 2: Pardue, it's happening. This is it.
Speaker 1: This is the last episode of OMG for season six.
Speaker 3: You guys. I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need like a round of applause. It went story there fast the season.
Speaker 3: Just I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Can somebody lay in some applause?
Speaker 3: Oh, let me push a button?
Speaker 2: Okay, what was the finale? What was the finale date?
Speaker 3: May twenty second, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 4: May twenty second. And so then you come back in September, so you actually got a summer off this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we probably came back in July exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, you're wrapped in April. We probably I got like.
Speaker 1: What one or two months of Yeah, because I know we would go and do our you know, Carol drama movie of the weeks.
Speaker 3: Jen and I never took a break.
Speaker 2: We all should look rested by seven.
Speaker 3: No, we never took a break. Any break we have, we would go some work somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah, that's when you didtions or.
Speaker 3: For lazy people.
Speaker 2: That's not us.
Speaker 3: Oh I could use a vacation.
Speaker 1: Same I heard podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Wait, what do you guys think of this finale? Overall?
Speaker 4: Like, as a finale, it's pretty good, except a very last line.
Speaker 1: Hello, Valerie, mean how you end an entire season of thirty three episodes?
Speaker 3: It had so many endings, though, he says, not if I can help it. That's that's the cliffhanger. Yeah, it shouldn't have been that. I gotta say, I don't know how I felt about it. But this show, this finale morphed into multiple spelling shows. It went from Beverly Hills nine O two one zero to The Love Boat to Starsky and Hutch all in two hours.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait to talk about Polly Shore, Like, oh my god, there's so many things.
Speaker 3: Let's just start, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Season six, episode thirty two, You Say It's Your Birthday?
Speaker 3: Part two, aired May twenty second, nineteen ninety six. Synopsis. While everyone is going gaga for the Goo Goo Dolls, Susan gives Brandon a low blow and Steve gives Prince Carl a right hook. Meanwhile, after a barfight and a footchase, Colin Cole and misses his boat to freedom. Donna and David are back on deck. Nat learns the consequences of carrying an expired condom. I'm not going to touch that one, and Kelly tells Brandon, I choose you, giving Valerie another relationship to Ruin.
Speaker 1: Directed by Michael written by Larry Mullen and Steve Wasserman.
Speaker 4: Second half of the episode like humps way more than the first.
Speaker 3: It really Yeah, well.
Speaker 2: Do we have to talk about the goo goo dolls? I feel like we did last week. Yeah, I'm done with.
Speaker 4: The goo goo dolls, Like I said, like, I would just get rid of the googoo dolls to have this on my big screen.
Speaker 3: I don't here just one line seeing it one more time and then and then we'll move on.
Speaker 4: Give up forever to touch you or the other ones that I just want to slide or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, not that I think I flirred that with Sugar.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I actually made that. Sugar attelled that was like Sugar. I was like, yeah, I messed up.
Speaker 3: The guy in the two for one strip bar Holly shot.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: The guy in the bars played by Paully Shore, who was apparently Tiffany Theesen's friend.
Speaker 3: What At the time, I was like, Wow, they really pulled all out all the stops. So guest starts this episode POLLI sure still a big thing. Then I was like, what is going on? And I was like, was he friends with Jason? Didn't remember that? But now it's all coming back.
Speaker 2: They were close enough that she got him to come on this episode. Are your rates? What if she had.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do with it, you guys, maybe I have somebody else.
Speaker 3: Brought him in.
Speaker 4: Remember Valerie dated David and then all of a sudden she tried to pawn him off like it was uh on Jim Jason.
Speaker 3: Right on Changer?
Speaker 2: Is that where they broke up on the show because they broke up in real life?
Speaker 3: That's a great story, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like they were broken up before they broke up. What h I feel like Tiffany and Brian were broken up before val and David were broken up.
Speaker 4: But I'm surprised that if you dated somebody and you guys tell me, because you guys are the experts, if you're dating someone in real life and you bring them on the show and then you break.
Speaker 2: Up, but then you do it again. Because he gets Vanessa Marcel on.
Speaker 3: The show, right, Brian had no idea Tiffany was coming on the show.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, they don't call you and say, hey, we're going to hire your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 4: Then you're a series regular since the beginning. You good with that?
Speaker 3: Maybe, But Brian says that he was not aware. Wow, I mean it's not like he showed up at work and she was suddenly there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure they had like maybe a discussion about it. Well, whatever happened, I'm just again resident villain.
Speaker 2: Sorry when just kawinki dank happens again with Vanessa.
Speaker 3: He didn't bring Vanessa on the show. Vanessa was on the show for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Jenny, sorry interrupted you continue.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what I was saying.
Speaker 4: It's okay, Valeries a villain, and I don't understand why she's just kissed this hot FBI guy and then she still has to be messing with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, let things go well for you, like, stop trying to be dramatic all the time.
Speaker 3: She can't. You're her biggest threat in life because you're the only one that doesn't stand down to her. This is the way it has to be.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, why is anyone friends with Valerie?
Speaker 3: We can't talk about this again.
Speaker 4: We just all just chased down like a guy, like physically for her. And then she gets the guy gets the hot correct but still then she gets the guy.
Speaker 2: She's got this cute FBI guy.
Speaker 3: What happened to his hair in the second part, like a straight bang?
Speaker 2: He was real hot that day. I don't know. Then she's still.
Speaker 4: It's like kind of like gunning for you when she saw you with brand It's just like, why do.
Speaker 2: They make this character so unlikable?
Speaker 1: You're still talking about it so good? We two women, like why do they do this to women characters so.
Speaker 3: For their beau men aren't smart enough for them to do it to them? Like it just irritates me. I know it still happens. It's still irritated me to this day. Why are there women in peril movies? Why aren't there men in peril and the woman saves them? It's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Hi, women support women Being nasty to other women must have been something that was okay in the nineties, but that does not fly anymore. And that's one of the reasons that I feel like this show can be so sexist sometimes one thousand percent?
Speaker 3: When did that even start? Women attacking other women? Like when it goes way back, it wasn't created by my dynasty. Yeah, your dad created like Joan Crawford, Betty Davis. I mean, whatever happened to baby Jane? Like this women at each other was like in the twenties. It goes way way back. But I just wonder where it started because it started from a man and his pencil. Huh.
Speaker 2: Well Ginger and Mary Anne did they compete?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: They were friends. Well they had one episode. Oh really when remember when she was spitting the spitballs at her while she was doing the talent show.
Speaker 3: I love that one.
Speaker 1: Okay storyline, let's call it number one. Colon gets caught you guys.
Speaker 4: Gosh, the brand a deve scene out of like a fast and Furious action movie.
Speaker 3: Like I was, like, loved it. Do you think it was in Jason's contract that he always had to be in the lead because sorry, nothing against Jason or Ian, but I feel like Ian could take Jason. I am sure, because you know you ran like the wind hockey players are very fit. You're right, You're right? I think, Yeah, I think he was always on the back and he stumbled a little bit a couple times to make it look and what about when.
Speaker 2: He almost fell off the thing? Oh wlew out whoa.
Speaker 1: And his and his stunt double was twice as tall as him. His shirt was hanging off.
Speaker 2: So big.
Speaker 3: It had to be for patting, right, it was so action. Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 1: The car was fel and Kelly were like and then the guys, the detective shows up out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Did we talk about the strip club? Let's talk about it. Wait? They go to the.
Speaker 4: Strip club and Polly Shore is there, yes, and Polly Shore is giving them bleep like started the brawl.
Speaker 3: He's mouthing off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But anyway, the big brawl happens and of all the gin joints, Collins in there and he run he runs out, and didn't they try and chase Colin but then they got caught and landed landed themselves in jail anyway, m yeah, because they.
Speaker 3: Went they happened to find Colin again.
Speaker 4: So then they're driving home with you guys from jail Long Beach jail, right.
Speaker 1: Sense, it makes sense because they're at the Queen Mary right right, and he's at the dock trying to get that boat to Mexico to have him.
Speaker 3: So you know they're in the same hood, correct, I get it. It's just like he was still in la for so long and no one could find him for the longest time, and now in two days Steve and Brandon have cross paths with him. I'm just saying, but great.
Speaker 4: See, so they really enjoyed everything at the dock abandoned warehouse, and that car up and it's a run. They run, and they're chasing him like like literally.
Speaker 1: T J.
Speaker 3: Hooker, literally, Starsky and Hutch. Yes, I just got waiting for the slide across the hood. No one did that.
Speaker 2: That's Duke's of Housard. They did that and started to night right. David Hasselhoff just chasing him down.
Speaker 3: My god, imagine this just turns into a spoof and kit the car pulls up like.
Speaker 2: Do do do do? Do do do?
Speaker 4: Did feel spoofy, though, Can I say it felt a bit spoofy, like like suddenly these two guys are climbing, you know, scaffolding, and birds are flying out and hang. I think at one point Brandon's hanging with one arm. And then they get him out on.
Speaker 3: The room silky vest and I was still mad. I'm like, why is he still mad? It's just why he take off the vest for to chase someone that would Yeah, they get him up.
Speaker 4: On the roof, they corner him, the cops show up, and then it's kind of like there's no questioning.
Speaker 2: They just are like, see you guys later. We're taking the guy in.
Speaker 3: Like what may I say? What would have been my ideal would have been if Kelly caught him, Like Kelly and Val came into this mix and they were the ones.
Speaker 2: Then running like wonder woman.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah, the girls I had to stay behind in the car was totally.
Speaker 4: Absurd and I couldn't have been more in. I was like, I'm in this is nuts. What show am I watching?
Speaker 3: I'm not nine O two and O I leerved it? Yeah? Same? What about the brawl? Did you like the bar brawl?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Did it look real to you? It's okay?
Speaker 4: Who is that tb? Were they all punching each other? It's like a lot of people would have just been like, I'm out.
Speaker 1: But guys in their testosterones flowing in the in the nudie bar and they're drinking.
Speaker 2: Wait what they call it appealer appealer.
Speaker 3: What's a peeler?
Speaker 2: What's appealer peeler club?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh that was the bar.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I suppose that was a name for a strip club. Oh I have Newdy bar. Peeler my wrong, my wrongs.
Speaker 2: Because people peel their clothes off.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know Jason or I just loved how when everybody, like when one of either Steve or Jason Brandon got punch in the face, they would turn and there would be right to camera and you would see that look on their face of like.
Speaker 3: Where Jason right? I love No.
Speaker 1: There was one really funny moment with Iron where he.
Speaker 3: He had his like post punch face and it was hilarious. I love when he went down at one point and we got a callback because he was worried about his jaw. I was like, oh, yeah, that's right. Oh not. The job was just amazing, crazy, It was so good. But then that's what happens.
Speaker 1: Uh. Valerie tells Colin to have a nice life, and she thanks Kelly for her help.
Speaker 2: For one second one and I'm.
Speaker 3: Later at the peach pit after dark. Richard Balin, His name is Richard Balin. The FBI guy. Wait, stop it. No, no, I cannot his name. It's Richard, I understand. Are I hear you? I'm no. When I check in, Dick ballin.
Speaker 2: That is such a guy joke, and here we are laughing at it.
Speaker 3: I hate us. Okay, he shouts up and like that stuff. How did that pass?
Speaker 1: He didn't catch it because he tells Valerie that he's being reassigned to Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: And then they kiss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you kiss. And we thought Jonesy was gonna actually make an appearance, but he didn't. I was waiting for it.
Speaker 2: Jonesy got credit for just a voice voicemail. I guess you'd call it a.
Speaker 4: Message back then, Yeah, answering machine message right, And Jim and Cindy had like a five second cameo in the birthday greeting.
Speaker 3: Oh well, Tria, can we go to Colin?
Speaker 2: By Colin?
Speaker 3: That as if you were in a fan he wouldn't look Kelly and I I wanted his final moment because he's gone now to be with Kelly.
Speaker 4: I don't care, but I'd be happy to be done with him. No, he's heading to Third Watch and he's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's going. You're right, he's heading to NBC and he's fine. Okay. Storyline number two, Yes, Susan's choice.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, there's so much to talk about here.
Speaker 3: Okay, so am I okay?
Speaker 2: Help me?
Speaker 1: I don't remember because you know, it was like an episode ago, Susan tells Brandon to not take a job.
Speaker 4: So he got the offer from the Boston Paper the clear listen into his like they were going to give him a job after graduation. So it was more than just like an internship. It was going to lead to a real job. Okay, so he was potentially going to move up.
Speaker 5: There's summer plans. Yeah, go on a road trip. Yeah, they're done road trip. She never they could have easily just road trip to Boston. Hello, he has the job. They have a great summer, and they road trip back. Like there's a lot of ways around this. But though she never tells.
Speaker 2: Him no, she just was so mopey about it, right, kind of MOPy what it bound tream are tram.
Speaker 3: But he made a choice, He made a choice.
Speaker 4: Yes, that being said, I think she kind of asked him ish, she sort of suggestedd he not take it. I do find her royally annoying in this episode, just really.
Speaker 1: I found him to be incredibly like pissy, like seen mean, so.
Speaker 3: He always gets you, guys, this is how he gets when he doesn't get his way every time.
Speaker 4: The two of them were so dumb that it made me happy thereover because she's just crying crying. First of all, she doesn't tell him the truth, like tell him the minute you get this thing and say, hey, I know I'm being a hypocrite, but I never expected this, which she kind of alludes to she applied for it like a year, year and a half ago.
Speaker 2: Whatever this is, I can't turn this down. How can we work this out? Be an adult?
Speaker 1: So they didn't have a conversation about it, like okay, no community.
Speaker 2: Crying and undying.
Speaker 3: I not that easy, Like we have to cut her a brake that she's scared. I understand. I know it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 4: But since like's they're very together, right, they're very together.
Speaker 2: This isn't like they've been dating two minutes.
Speaker 4: Tell them the truth and say, hey, I should have never had you turn that job down in Boston. Is it too late to get it back? I'm really sorry. Will you come to Washington? Something like I have a conversation question when she's just crying, crying, crying and kind of running from it and lying about it and going and sneaking phone calls.
Speaker 3: It's just weird question at twenty or twenty one years old, would you have done that?
Speaker 2: Yep, And so with you guys like Jenny's married. I swear I think Jenny is married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I understand, I'm there.
Speaker 1: I'm I think that she's not equipped with communication skills. I think that her childhood did not allow her to develop her communication skills. And this is how she handled it, and that's okay, that's her. You know, those are her problems to deal with.
Speaker 3: But we don't have to care about any choice too.
Speaker 4: Mean about it, like he should have just been like, look, I understand this is your choice. Who's very hard first or his? You're going back and forth neither. I find them both totally annoying, both totally annoying. You both need to do that.
Speaker 3: Can I have a kiss? Please? Can I at least have a kiss? And he's like, peck on the cheek.
Speaker 2: That was so brutal.
Speaker 3: Come on, you have to admit, though, I loved that scene cinematically though, because both.
Speaker 4: Great profiles get their side shot. I thought that was kind of like I'd seen enough of her ear.
Speaker 3: I'm it. I loved that. Sorry, I really I want you to like it.
Speaker 4: I want you to like it because I was like, he's being so mean, but he does look hot. He looked really, really hot, and let me tell you that a good episode. I couldn't help myself, but I already watched the opening credits for season seven and he looks I'm sorry, he looks so good like Jason Priestley got hotter as the years went on, and he's in his prime in seven.
Speaker 3: We don't think so what what I What I meant was there were some seasons that I found dicey and he's getting he's back this season and seven I haven't seen because we don't like.
Speaker 2: A fine wine. I cheated. I don't know.
Speaker 4: He was a little too caustic, she was a little too boo hooy. But also it was like, I'm good, I'm done. I already can't feel in the romance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and maybe I'll look up when I passed through.
Speaker 2: Right or on the eleventh I've never I'll ever.
Speaker 3: See we know how that goes? How did that work out with Christina Lease, oh never, Emily Valentine never saw her again.
Speaker 2: We're done. Weird thing to say that people are going to get mad about. Great.
Speaker 4: When I think about this show, like the ten seasons, like not when I've rewatched it, but like when I kind of just remembered it, Stephen Claire never stand out to me at all. And the fact that they're sort of like back together. I mean, I do know they and they don't end up together obviously, were they like a prolific nine two one ozer couple for you guys, It.
Speaker 1: Does kind of fall on the back because when Janet came onto the scene, it was That's what stuck with me.
Speaker 2: But Wendsaye.
Speaker 3: They had a good run, Steve, and they did. In all honesty though, remembering it and watching it back then, I found their relationship a little more comical, fun worked watching it this time as an adult, I don't know's it's okay, it's here's where it goes off the rails. For me, that last scene with the Prince, Oh my god, she looks so hot.
Speaker 2: He looked great. Did her kissing?
Speaker 3: Acting? Was everything in that scene to me because it told so much. I don't know, I'm not gonna lie. When I got to kiss the hot guy on the show, I would just go full on because I was like, Okay, cool, I get to kiss the hot guy. I love that she was like pulling back and you could see that her heart was somewhere else, but she wanted to try. There was so much going on.
Speaker 1: Do you agree, yes, absolutely, And that Red Lastick and that like Chartruse dress so good.
Speaker 2: Like her as a character.
Speaker 4: I was actually doing a weird deep dive because I don't understand why Kathleen leaves the show. So I did do a weird deep dive on that. I guess the internet. So she wanted to make movies. But like, I think she should have stayed the whole rest of the time, just not be with Steve.
Speaker 2: There was someone better for her.
Speaker 3: I wish she had stayed too.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry the Prince would have been to be with the Prince. I would have been fine to make him a regular if.
Speaker 3: He got his teeth. I saw a little space in this episode that I was like, eh, good head hair, I don't know, and Steve is her prince. I wanted to be like well cut forward like in the season, You're not gonna be there anymore, And Steve's not going to be your prince, so and you could have doesn't work. She'd be a good queen, like an alternative queen. She'd be like the new Marie Antoinette. Would it be like a cool.
Speaker 1: She would have been the princess. I don't think she would ever be have a right to the throne.
Speaker 3: Unless he's in line. Yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 2: No, you're right anyway.
Speaker 3: Anyway, she picks Steve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Steve and Carl are still going to be friends.
Speaker 3: The best man one, that's true.
Speaker 1: I think she loves him because he's dopey and fun and she's so smart and serious.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and also that party costs that prince's whole month allow one?
Speaker 3: Wow, what's his allowance? I can't believe he admitted my allowance?
Speaker 4: Like we what are you twelve? He's he doesn't have a job. They probably say, here's your money for the month.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing get that?
Speaker 3: Really, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming William and Harry pay to be a prince. Yeah, they don't just go around and do all that stuff for nothing.
Speaker 3: Wait, you guys, is there a dating app to become a princess?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Idea, Oh my god podcast, can we have, like, seriously.
Speaker 3: Find a prince.
Speaker 4: They tried that on the Bachelor, remember Prince Lorenzo borghese.
Speaker 3: I remember the name.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't work.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you guys, there's all these dating apps not dime on, but I hear about it from my single friends and it's like no really, but it's like, but uh yeah, there's all these like random ones like women the want like sugar daddies and when you guys know what, like, I know.
Speaker 2: Somebody wants a farmer.
Speaker 3: I mean, why not?
Speaker 2: I'd rather.
Speaker 1: I would if I were single, I would go on the I want a farmer dating.
Speaker 2: Apps specific wife not no.
Speaker 1: No, no no, not specifically a pig farmer. Any kind of farmer that's handsome and not too dirty.
Speaker 4: Wants a wife. You could have just got on the Fox Show. Actually you should have hosted it. Kimberly Paisley's hosting it.
Speaker 2: I like her.
Speaker 3: I like her a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, Donna and David are getting back together, you guys, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean nothing's been more obvious ever in my life for how long?
Speaker 3: In your life?
Speaker 2: Whole episode Wow, season.
Speaker 3: Finally thinks finally. Her dresses though, were bugging me. I don't know, it's so like Gidget and Nutte Funicello.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not into this, Like seventies, the hair, the dresses, the whole thing are not good.
Speaker 3: Wat blanket bingo. I mean you were committed to that. Look though. I appreciate that and respect that you really gave it a go.
Speaker 2: To me, that kiss was more than Donna and David. It felt like you were liking that kiss tour.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, wait, let's talk about the kiss. Yeah, when you did the kiss, the back together kiss? Yeah, were you excited to do the kiss? Was he excited to do the kiss? Like?
Speaker 3: What was the vibe? I mean, we've never spoken about it, because.
Speaker 2: This is actually the Queen Mary.
Speaker 3: I have not talk to you about this. Did you know? I'm so scared right now?
Speaker 2: Don't they?
Speaker 3: Don't you?
Speaker 2: Guys? I'm scared.
Speaker 3: No, everyone knows. Everyone knows, don't way, But you were integral? Okay? Do you remember the uh Disneyland first time Brent? Yeah, like that we like finally kissed and hooked up whatever, and you were the only one I told about it. And do you know that mister Green? Present day doesn't remember that. Wow, I know, I was so memorable. He was like, were we like drinking? I was like, yo, everyone was having a good time. We're drinking, we're on contained And I told him on that Disneyland payphone in that hotel that I called up or not payphone, house phone, you were the first person I called and then said, oh my god. And you were like, oh my god. And yeah, he remembers the future, but he doesn't remember that time. I don't. I don't boys, boys versus girls our memories I have to get.
Speaker 1: I have to be supportive of anybody who has no memory of certain things, because those are my people.
Speaker 3: He then once I explained it, because you know I have a very detailed memory.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: He then remembered, oh yeah. And I was like it was so embarrassing because I it's before boob job and and girls stuffed their bras. We didn't have the you know, fabulous chick lits that they make now. I was like, so it was like just toilet paper in there. And he's like, oh, oh no, I remember, I remember pulling those out. I'm like, that's wait, wait, wait, you had toilet paper in your bra? What do you mean this is the nineties, Like there wasn't like I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: He did not forget it until you reminded him about the toilet paper that sucks and I don't like that for you came. Oh, but it's like, you know, we knew this was going to happen, and there are great kissers.
Speaker 3: I just was Also it was a good kiss.
Speaker 2: It kiss.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering, like what was happening on set with that kiss?
Speaker 3: So historically, like Brian and I when we started the show were attracted to each other, had chemistry, had something we both kind of remember it a little different, which is okay, boy versus girls understood, and it was a running thing throughout the ten years. It was off and on. We became best friends and really close, but off and on. Throughout the years. There were moments of like attraction search in real life with Brian and Toy, and then there were moments where it was like nope, we're just friends on set or moments when you hate each other.
Speaker 2: Did you ever?
Speaker 3: Did you? We fought? Yeah, we fought a lot, but not like hate.
Speaker 2: High schoolers fight with the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pull my pigtails that stuff. But yeah, we still fight. Gens are off YouTube offset in your therapist at time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, storyline, good that you're back together. Yes, no, it's cute you fight in season seven. I started watching it.
Speaker 1: What you You just told us a lie? Then you said, I just watched the opening credits?
Speaker 2: What did you watch?
Speaker 3: Did she say she watched the first episode?
Speaker 4: I watched the first couple of scenes. Look, I want the people listening to know Season seven is not jumping the shark quite yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, so all right, good, there's some good.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Kelly wanting to go back in time and choose Brandon.
Speaker 4: Please please talk about this tabit of a revisionist history. Also sort of a different than I choose me. It was sort of like, well, I had to choose me because I couldn't choose between the two of you would have ruined your friendship.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, I didn't like how they made that about them again, correct, but it already happened with when she right away went into the arms of another guy, Colin. She's not choosing I feel like she was ever really choosing herself.
Speaker 4: And now I felt a little like she's choosing Brandon. Because Dylan and Brenda are back together.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry I got so offended. She loves him, they have a connection. They're always gonna think. But I hear what you're saying to you think this was that was written Jessica Klein. This was written by two men, so who we love and loved, Larry Mullen and Steve Wasserman. Do you feel like it had a different tone this time because two men wrote it? Of course, yes, specifically that storyline with Kelly and Brandon.
Speaker 1: I mean, she justifies it in a completely non you know, loving herself kind of way. So yeah, I think that, But I but we all kind of felt that way too, Like that had to have been part of her choice, that her that would have destroyed their relationship, Like that was a factor in it, for sure, I understand.
Speaker 3: But it was so so great to women everywhere to know that, And I just I kind of almost wish that dialogue, that scene Jessica had written or you and just more like you know what I mean, something such a thought for her and that character.
Speaker 1: It would have made her stronger and more of like you know somebody that the women who heard her say that originally could look up to.
Speaker 4: No way for the outcome to be the same, like, yes, I don't have a problem with you going over there and sort of saying to Brandon, I like you.
Speaker 3: I'm lonely right.
Speaker 4: What I find is nobody uh takes any time for themselves on this show in between relationships.
Speaker 1: No, but Brandon does declare in that moment, he's like, I need a beat. Ah, we don't want to be rebounding with each other.
Speaker 3: The female thing will never take a beat, which is so.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it you guys for this episode. And then we end the episode as we began this episode talking about VAL's line not if I have anything to do with it, I mean, or Mike not would she say not if I can help it?
Speaker 2: Not if I can help it?
Speaker 4: And it's just like, huh mind your own bees wax beach well right, And it's just like so vindictive, so so vindictive.
Speaker 2: For no reason.
Speaker 1: She's just bal just I mean, Kelly just helped her. They were just like zooming around in the convertible together.
Speaker 3: But she's never going to change. Hate to tell you, I don't think for the rest of the ten seasons she ever changes. Does she Amy mean, I don't know, I can't remember this very moments. Yeah, yeah, I personally would have loved to have ended it with Brandon and Kelly. But one was like, the kids have a cliffhanger. Yeah fine, yeah, but then is it that? What are we coming back for? Well, here's what you're coming back for. Four of your main characters, two iconic couples that are getting back together. That's what you're coming back for. But instead someone's like, no, we got to have the villain step in and be like, what's the female version of that.
Speaker 2: Cliffhangery?
Speaker 4: Like the episode, it's a great finale, but it's not a cliffhanger. You're left kind of going, oh, okay, Donn and David okay, Steven Claire okay, Kelly and Brandon okay, Like there's no like not like soap opera cliffhanger.
Speaker 3: What would okay, let let's rewrite this. Even though we would have Brandon Kelly's dialogue, no vow, what is a cliffhanger? Suddenly the phone rings and still in calling for Kelly. What is the cliffhanger that you would like? Mm hm.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. Well, we just kind of felt that that the kiss was enough to I would have just been finding no me too.
Speaker 3: Though you want more? No, no, no. I'm produced sorely for in their terms of thinking we have to have a cliffhanger. I'm saying it's enough for us and the fans. I believe to have two iconic couples coming back together. Yeah, Stephen Claire. But they wanted that, whether it was you know, spelling productions, the Fox, I don't know. They want a cliffhanger of like something's going to go wrong or something's going to happen. So it's just not all tied up like with a bow. So let's put it in. If it's not Valerie, what what would it have been? What would have gotten you amy?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What if she was pregnant with Colin? Colin's baby? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Talk about that yet? Wait about that now? Baby?
Speaker 3: You guys, nobody even cares cared.
Speaker 2: I just thought they were being weird about it.
Speaker 3: Maybe it does not seem that happy and.
Speaker 2: They're getting married. Maybe he just wasn't. It felt like she's like.
Speaker 4: My grandma, felt weird, we're gonna why would do And also that's not the way you tell us that they've only had sex one woman, how you are going to want to get married?
Speaker 3: He announced to her in that way, just telling Brandon. She's like, I just found out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they only had sex one time with a weird condom. It's not like they got pregnant that weekend, so like that felt weird.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, do I get that wrong? They've only had sex once? I know it was an expired.
Speaker 2: They say it's, oh, you shouldn't have used that condom.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they maybe all that his condoms are expired, just that one. But sorry, sorry, I was just not buying it that they've only had sex once.
Speaker 4: No, But what I'm saying is they allude to the fact that they got pregnant because they used an old condom like in his wallet or something. But you don't get pregnant in one minute, right, Like, it's not like if they had sex on the ship. So when was this one time? And aren't they but aren't they dating? They've had sex many times.
Speaker 3: Right, but apparently they always use condoms, but this one condom okay, was fault. Do you know what I mean? It was a little messy on the storyline there. They're both older, she not in menopause. That's when I'm assuming they. I'm surprised their generation, you know, at that point, would still be using protection. That's all.
Speaker 2: The storyline is shaky at best.
Speaker 3: There is a reason that we're doing this pregnancy storyline. There has to be.
Speaker 2: They get married. That's like the beginning of season seven.
Speaker 3: I understand why the pregnancy. How about I'm in love with you. Let's get married. Like, why is he having a baby.
Speaker 2: It's a this is a drama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, who knows?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Well this is it. That that's it. This is it, this is it. It's just a ten ten times had it like one day at a time instead of oh I meant for it to sound like one day at a time. Wow, that was really good on my part.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: This is it for the entire season seven.
Speaker 2: We did it. We made it.
Speaker 3: You all stuck with us. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: We should let our listeners know that a ton of season seven episodes are not on streaming to get those DVDs. Well that's you, guys. This is you guys wrapped or no, season six is wrapped. We gave it a ten.
Speaker 2: Oh good, oh good, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Wait I was deep diving onto season seven ten ten, ten, ten.
Speaker 2: Is that ever happened?
Speaker 1: It's like one of the Stars, Finale time and the bang.
Speaker 3: Aren't your hosts smart? See the scores for the end. So season seven, episode one, remember the Alamo? Do I have to I don't know, but I'm excited. How do I have to do? Your funny?
Speaker 2: You're funny. I love you, guys, See you next year on season six. Guys, great work.
Speaker 3: Bye,