Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Jack Katy and he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: This trial is seen as the most significant sign of Beijing tightening its control of Hong Kong.
Speaker 1: Dozens of pro.
Speaker 3: Democracy activists facing conspiracy charges under this national security law that was imposed in twenty twenty. All the two of the forty seven lawmakers and politicians who were arrested back in twenty twenty one were convicted today, and the crime, according to authorities, was holding or taking part in an unofficial primary election.
Speaker 4: That's a report on NBC right from Hong Kong. She goes on.
Speaker 3: The law was Beijing's response to those protests and Hong Kong in twenty nineteen. The government here saying it was necessary to stop challenges to China's sovereignty. It's now made certain slogans a crime, and expressing ideas about politics is dangerous. Censorship and digital surveillance have also been stepped up.
Speaker 2: I saw some that's horrifying.
Speaker 4: Hong Kong was a basically a freestanding democracy for a very very long time, and then China took it over and has now turned it into it's just another part of China and in the world couldn't do anything about it, and that is their goal for Taiwan also, which they got that big meeting of all the world leaders going down in Rio, and Biden's there, and She's there, and a whole bunch of other people.
Speaker 2: Oh did you see what's that guy's name, Malay? Is he the libertarian from Argentina?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: With the funny hair and all the dogs that he clones and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not really relevant to the discussion, but yes, that's him.
Speaker 2: Did you see him doing the Trump dance?
Speaker 1: I did not funny. Oh that's great, it's funny.
Speaker 2: But more importantly, but back to seriously. I saw a report she and.
Speaker 4: Biden had a conversation, and the US version of it was they discussed issues. The official Chinese version of it was very long and very disturbing about she laying out to U Joe Biden the United States that Taiwan belongs to us and you need to recognize that, and that's happening, so back off, basically is what they said. It and a whole bunch of other very very belligerent things that didn't get reported. Really, I need to nail down whether that's true or not, because you can't believe everything you come across some social media, but.
Speaker 1: Not from the Chinese communists.
Speaker 4: But well even well, them saying that would be a big deal, whether she said it to Biden or not. Them putting out that the official message to the United States.
Speaker 1: I guess, but they've said that a number of times. I kind of accept that that's their doctrine.
Speaker 4: Tell you what go ahead, not as strongly as they stated it yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'll have to dig that up. I mean, I'm find it quite disturbing interesting.
Speaker 1: So the sentencing of all of those activists and politicians and journalists in Hong Kong, it just reminds me how incredibly fragile a free system is unless it will defend itself by arms. I mean, because Hong Kong was a robust democracy, very wealthy, very educated, with every interest in protecting itself, and it couldn't. It was just it was bullied into submission and quickly. I'm reminded of one of my favorite memes, partly because it's a little snarky, but it's also funny. George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to beat the British. He shot them. That's the only way to resist aggression. You can't talk a predator out of predating.
Speaker 4: I have to look into this after the show as trying to confirm that Chinese stuff that I read and figure out if it was.
Speaker 2: Real or not.
Speaker 4: This does not get the attention it deserves the rising China. According to the report that I read, and again, whether he said it to Biden or not, whether it's just stuff being put out by the Chinese, it was a It was a lot of language like you're not the only nuclear power on Earth and just you know, very very push pushbacky this means war. Oh, you laid out actually laid out four red lines for China that the US better not cross.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll see braf from the the perspective of if we were attacked by Martians, we would all come together on Earth. We have been so obsessed with our internal divisions. I think that's why most Americans are unaware of the threats from abroad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably so.
Speaker 4: Big study that came out today and this was in the New York Times. China has now surpassed Europe as the second all time leading polluter on planet Earth. I'm not sure how much I care about the historical polluting that's gone on, but the climate change people care about it a lot because we've polluted more throughout the history of the world than any of the country. So we owe more money than anybody else to try to fix the problem, is what they claim. That's only going to be true for a few more years. According to this graph, though, so China has now passed Europe on this pretty much straight up graph because they just started polluting fairly recently, because they were all living in huts and eating.
Speaker 2: Their cats and stuff like that and not a lot of pollution.
Speaker 4: But now they got all the coal fires and electricity and everything going on, they're polluting like crazy. The country has now passed Europe is the second largest all time admitter, shifting the debate about who pays for global warming. According to the New York Times, projections show that China may catch up with the United States in just a few years. China's soaring emissions are upending climate politics was the story, let me just read a little bit of it. For many years, wealthy places like the United States and Europe have had the biggest historical responsibility for global warming. China's astonishing rise is upending that dynamic. Over the past three decades, China has built more than one thousand coal fired power plants a thousand as its economy has grown more than forty fold in thirty years, mostly because of our help, thinking that if they got rich enough, they be our friends. One of the dumbest gambles in the history of the planet. Whoops, The country has become by far the largest annual emitter of greenhouse gases in the world. So they're emphasizing the historical, how about emphasize the today. And on the today chart, it's not even close, Like China's way up there, and the United States is way down here with other countries underneath us.
Speaker 1: Right, So, if you're trying to build some sort of framework for who owes the most your Paris climate accord, folks, I suppose looking at the historical responsibility makes a little bit of sense. But for those of us who live in the real world, who's doing it now is a much more relevant question, I would.
Speaker 4: Say so, And according to this chart, it looks like China is polluting it about two and a half times what we are on a year by year basis at this.
Speaker 2: Point two and a half times. Yeah, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Supposed to alter my lifestyle and suffer the overall GDP consequences for what reason?
Speaker 2: And India is working on it. They'll be on that charge before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the actual biggest country on Earth. You go to them and say, hey, can you cut back on your fossil fuels a little bit because of the planet. The answer is yeah, No, are you kidding? We've got four hundred million people starving here and you want us to go solar? No. Yeah, I've got to hope that a lot of the climate change nonsense is going to be swept away during Trump's presidency. And I'm not talking about any legitimate claims about the atmosphere or the environment or whatever. I'm down with that, it's fine, But again, cut the crap. Cut the crap. God ormstrung you, getty dot com, pick yourself up. But cut the craft T shirt they're selling like hotcakes.
Speaker 4: Speaking of trouble spots around the world that we ignore, this happened over the weekend. Haven't heard it anywhere. The Pentagon leaked to Axios that the Huthies are now effectively in control over the Red Sea, which is where Remember they are telling us the numbers all the time, fifteen percent or whatever of all world shipping goes through Houthi rebels are brandishing increasingly sophisticated weapons, including missiles that can do things that are just amazing, said the Pentagon's chief Weapons somebody or other to Axios over the weekend. The big picture being that the militant group has for years used drones and missiles to strangle the waters off of Yemen, disrupting international shipping. And uh, well, I'll read this quote. I'm an engineer and a physicist, and I've been around missiles my whole career, said a Pentagon employee to Axios. What I've seen of what the Houthis have done in the last six months is something I'm just shocked. So the rest of the world has just let this ragtag group of camel riders take over a big, major lane of shipping on planet Earth.
Speaker 1: I believe they have Toyota pickups there. But anyway, Yeah, who's they're not building those missiles in Yemen, who's sending them to them? And how soon can we get the Mummy out of office. I mean he is useless plat vaticcer again, Michael, that's in his old the vital days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he isn't that good anymore.
Speaker 1: He hasn't he hasn't unleashed. I had about a caf care with that sort of forcefulness in a year.
Speaker 4: So we've uh, I've got something good from the world of Ai. I have a feeling you're going to disagree with this journalist's take on how wonderful it was to watch Ai comfort their five year old. I find it horrifying.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I've got to get to with the aid of the lovely Katie Green. The sixteen year Old Girls editorial in the New York Times also.
Speaker 4: Good cool, Yes, got a bunch of good stuff this hour. I hope you can stay here. Question for Joe, which are you more interested in the Share memoir or the Madonna biopic that are both coming out at the same time.
Speaker 1: Ah wow, let me bring out my microscope and all up. I'll take a look. Oh, try to find my give it.
Speaker 2: Damn God, if you like don't read a lot, but you read the Share memoir, please read something else, good lord.
Speaker 1: If one Madonna Chaconi of Detroit Michigan were to write a serious book about her career and business development and entrepreneurialism, that sort of thing. I would think that'd be a pretty good read.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and her understanding of pr and how to get attention and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be interesting.
Speaker 1: Have Lady Gaga right the forward or something? Fine? Okay, great?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: The Share Memoir?
Speaker 2: Yes, dah?
Speaker 1: I mean, do you are you immortal? Do you have unlimited time? That is the only circumstance I can picture where somebody would would read the Share Memoir. If I'm one if shares offspring, I wouldn't bother.
Speaker 4: If I walked into someone's apartment, then they have that on the coffee table. How quickly can I get out of their house? That's yeah, there you go?
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 1: Uh wait, you just got here? Yeah bye ah. So I came across this all right, ah yeah, pass. I just keep seeing Share in the back of my mind. So here's an editorial that actually ran in the New York Times. I'm sixteen on November sixth, that's the day after the election. The girls cried and the boys played Minecraft. And this is by a sixteen year old high school junior.
Speaker 4: Who obviously is connected to somebody in the New York Times. Your parents are some big deal. I mean, otherwise, how would you get a an op ed in the biggest newspaper in the world.
Speaker 1: You know, it's I think it's labeled as a well, it's a guest essay. I don't know. Maybe it's in a letter to the editor. But in the morning after the election, I walked up the staircase of my school. Well, a preteen was crying into the shoulders of her brace's clad peer. Her friend was rubbing circles on her back. Uh. First of all, point of order, mister editor, why am I reading a child's editorial?
Speaker 4: Did you say so? The sixteen year old wrote this? But the sixteen year old said a preteen, Yes, So a twelve year old's crying over a presidential election.
Speaker 2: You're a weird.
Speaker 1: Kid, right, go get a hobby kid. Anyway, Again, at the point that she says in the headline, I'm sixteen, We're done here, We're done. You're a child. No, if you want to tell me how things are going at your school or something like that, and she is in a way, okay, that's fine, because I don't know. But the idea that you're going to lay some insight on me about the election and the candidates and all. No, we've got to who said this? Was it Bill Maher?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it was Bill Marshall. Jesus it was one of the three four that was a point? I can't Yeah, Oh, who's a anyway?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Where was I?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Said, we've got to stop laying the burden on these poor children, the idea that they need to solve this stuff, or they need to tell us what happened in the election.
Speaker 4: Why would you lay that on a sixteen year old girl? Well, how about the poor twelve year old crying in the hall. The only way she's crying in the hall is her parents and or her teachers sold her a load of crap.
Speaker 1: But wait, there's more. I continued up the stairs to the lounge where upperclassmen linger before classes. There I saw two tables. One was filled with my girlfriends, many of them with hollows under their eyes. There was a blanket of despair over the young women in the room. I looked over to the other table of teenage boys and saw Minecraft on their computers. Well, we were gasping for breath. It seemed they were breathing freely.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I suppose you expect to overwrought from a sixteen year old girl, but uh wow, we were gasping for breath.
Speaker 2: They were breathing freely.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, Katie, any verbal slappings or shall I plunge on?
Speaker 2: I have so many questions, but yeah, I go plunge on.
Speaker 1: Get a get a trash can ready, You're gonna be all right. We girls woke up to a country that would rather elect a man found liable for sexual abuse than a woman.
Speaker 2: Right, that's.
Speaker 1: Exactly you know. In fact, I was going to vote for Common until I learned that Trump was held liable. Then I thought, wait, that's the man for me again. Thank you child for that incisive political analysis.
Speaker 2: Thank you child.
Speaker 1: Where the kind of man my mother instructs me to cross the street to avoid will be addressed as mister president your your mom tells you to across the street to avoid fat eighty year olds for the body where the body I haven't fully grown into may no longer be under my control. The boys, it seemed to me just woke up on a Wednesday. What made my skin burn?
Speaker 2: Most normal kids? That makes them normal? You're the crazy one.
Speaker 1: Right, what made my skin burn most well, it's probably uv rage you sunscreen. Wasn't that over seventy five million people voted for Donald Trump. It was that this election didn't seem to measurably change anything for the boys around me. Whether their parents supported mister Trump or not, many of them didn't seem to share our rage, our fear, are despair. We don't even share the same future. I'm scared the Trump administration will take away a restrict birth control and Plan B the way they did abortion.
Speaker 2: Why are high schoolers crying about abortion and Plan B?
Speaker 4: Why is that the focus? Oh yeah, or presidential politics?
Speaker 2: As a child. That's really weird.
Speaker 1: I'm sweetheart. Trump didn't take away abortion. He sent a terrible ruling back to the States for people to vote on. There are more abortions happening now more, my young friend, there's more to this if you can stand it. Armstrong and Geeddy. Donald Trump Junior tweeted a picture of the weekend at President elect Trump, Elon Mosk, howspeaker, Mike Johnson, and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Speaker 4: On a private plane eating McDonald's, or more accurately, not eating McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Look at rfk Jr. He's holding that McDonald's the way you hold a bag of weed you found in your kid's room. I want to explain this.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny, eh boy.
Speaker 1: So getting back to the sixteen year Old Girls editorial in the New York Times, and I envisioned this to unfold in one piece, but we had to take a break. So the one point I want to make is that this young girl, who is a very good writer, unusually good for a sixteen year old, and is a sixteen year old gets the indulgence of youth. She unleashes are strongly held opinions, and the grown ups around her ought to say, well, that's great, I'm glad you're really into this sort of stuff and all, and perhaps a quick word about and the longer you live and the more you see and do, the more you'll understand some of the nuances of this stuff. I get that I spent tremendous amount of time around teenagers, teenage girls, in particular, coaching and mentoring and all sorts of stuff. But and I don't mean to be little this young woman. The point is the people around her have nurtured in her two things. Number One, what Bill Maher is talking about laying on her this mistaken belief that she needs to figure this all out and tell the rest of the world and then solve it, and two not giving her any Oh, I'm sorry, and number two feeding her full of the most hyperbolic of the wildly out of control political rhetoric of the last ten years without any perspective. Now, maybe you're her parents and teachers and mentors believe all this stuff because they whipped themselves into the left wing, you know, fury, But I don't know so Anyway, she writes on.
Speaker 4: That's one of your logical fallacies too, that I guess have existed through history is the belief that the young, or innocent or something like that, when they say something, it carries more weight, right.
Speaker 1: Because they're pure of heart, and out of the mouths of babes comes real wisdom. Yeah, that's once in a while, that's true. Mostly they're just kids in aught to just go do their homework. Anyway, So she says that she's afraid Trump will take away birth control the way they did abortion. Again, that's ridiculous. I've seen the ways in which many of the boys in my generation can be different from their fathers that. Wow, you have no idea how their fathers.
Speaker 2: Are now, of course you don't.
Speaker 1: The hashtag me too movement went mainstream when they were still wearing Superman pajamas. That's pretty good writing. On Tuesdays in health class, they learn about the dangers of inebriated consent. They don't pretend to gag when a girl mentions her period or a tampon falls out of her backpack. They don't find sexist jokes all that funny and don't often make them in public. No, they find them really funny, but they find you to be a humorless prig, and so they don't make them in your presence. You just wouldn't know it. I've heard they know that's kind of distracting and weird. I'm grateful to my school for taking gender equality as seriously as it does trigonometry. But most of the guys that I saw that Wednesday appeared nonchalant. A smiling student shook his friend's hand and said, sarcastically, good election. In the same hallway where I saw a female teach clutching a damp tissue. Why did it seem these boys were so unperturbed? I worried that my guy friends might only care about women until it conflicts with other, more pressing priorities. That morning, I spoke with the male classmate. He asked if I was okay. Nearly melted with relief. See I knew not all guys were ignorant.
Speaker 2: O s up, lady, your sixteen year old.
Speaker 1: Then, before I responded, he continued why, he wondered, are so many girls crying? I stared, I swallowed that familiar lump, and I had one thought. I prayed that my older brother never asks that question. Oh my god, how could my classmates not know why girls in his grade were biting their nails and doing breathing exercises in the bathroom. It seemed like our future was sliding down the side of our faces. And he asked me why we were crying?
Speaker 5: Crying?
Speaker 1: I never felt that disconnected for men. I never felt more like a girl.
Speaker 2: God, if my kid were doing breathing exercises in the bathroom because they were so emotionally upset from a presidential election, I'd pull them out of school and get a team of therapists going and we go on a camping trip or something to try to turn this around. Something's gone horribly wrong.
Speaker 1: Well here, here's the bottom line. Once again, that is on the adults around her. That's on our parents and the teachers. You have abused that child, absolutely you have. You have psychologically tortured that child. You have terrified her into a state of awful emotional upheaval. What is the matter with you? Abusers?
Speaker 4: That's one hundred percent true. That's not even just talk radio you know, hyperbole. That's one hundred percent true. If you're kid, it needs breathing exercises to deal with the presidential election. You have abused them by putting all this fear into them.
Speaker 1: That's just not Yeah. Yeah, the cult of we like to be afraid. We're always afraid because it brings us together. Oh, hug me because we're afraid. We're both afraid. Let's be together because we're afraid that That is an unhealthy attitude. What happened to courage? Women are some of the most courageous people I know? What happened to courage? Resilience, a sense of humor? All of that is dying And to just infuse a child with that is abusive. Damn you you are evil.
Speaker 2: It really is. There's a name for that.
Speaker 4: I heard somebody bring up the other day, like if you have bad parents, you have to be parentified or something like that. It's a psychological thing that young people do. Like if you figure out that your parents aren't taking care of you, you take over that role. It's a survival instinct.
Speaker 1: But it's bad for you, right, your parents are drug addicts and you end up taking care of your younger, younger siblings and that sort of thing in.
Speaker 4: Yourself, and it makes you feel more responsible throughout your life for things. Anyway, it sounds like they've done that to this girl, like just put her in a position of being an adult that is not required as a sixteen year old.
Speaker 1: Right, And there's a tendency among certain sick people that they really want their children. They want to put their fears into their children. They want they're crazy to be fully invested in their kid, because then they've got somebody else who's crazy like them. I don't know the name of it, probably has a name, but anyway, you're just this poor kid. This poor kid has been abused.
Speaker 4: Another kid. Thing that is not as it can be pretty disturbing depending on I look at it.
Speaker 2: I found this interesting.
Speaker 4: It was I think in thew York times't remember where I came across it, journalists writing about their little kid playing with chat GPT, and I wonder if this is going to be the future of parenting for some people. Just watched my five year old son chat with chat GPT advanced voice mode for over forty five minutes. It started with a question about how cars were made. It explained it in a way that he could understand. He started peppering it with questions, and he told it about his teacher and that he was learning to count. Chat GPT started quizzing him on counting and egging on and making it into a game. He was laughing and having a blast and obviously never lost patience with him. I think this is going to be revolutionary, the essentially free, infinitely patient, super genius teacher slash parent that calibrates itself perfectly to your kids learning style and pace. I'm excited about the future. The slash parent part bothered me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think is great, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the thing about that.
Speaker 1: It's an interactive book, like a really really good interactive book.
Speaker 4: If you look at it that way, it's not as disturbing. If you look at it as.
Speaker 2: A substitute for a human that makes us all weird. That it bothers me.
Speaker 4: If it's a substitute for all human relationship, that's the feeling it takes on. Yet, if there's no human involved, that weirds me. But if you look at it as an interactive book, then it's fine.
Speaker 1: Teacher student is a human relationship. I'm just sure. I'm trying to figure out where exactly I stand on this.
Speaker 2: I'm not exactly sure where I was. That's why I brought it.
Speaker 4: I thought this might be cool, this might be awful, this might be the end of society. It might be great for kids. I have no idea which Well.
Speaker 1: If the kid who likes to count grows up, puts this thing's voice in a sex dollar marries it, and then then it's disturbing. If it's just an interactive learning.
Speaker 2: Tool, for instance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, I've got this. You know, I love being alive, and I'm having a lot of fun even on my bad days. But I kind of I picture like my last day on Earth, looking around and thinking, good luck, y'all.
Speaker 2: You know, no country for old men, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, although I'd sure like to see how some of this plays out, just purely out of curiosity.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that a lot.
Speaker 4: I hope I live long enough to see how this out or that turns out, or this turns out, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Huh. Okay, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: I think you'll have I think as many kids will have this interactive book that's fantastic, there might be more see that was a five year old, there might be more twenty five year olds that have a GPT girlfriend rather than a real relationship.
Speaker 2: And and then that, yeah, the other end of it.
Speaker 1: Maybe then there'll be no more humans except in the Third world, and they'll overrun the Western world. It's just the way things go. Do you want to hear a really disturbing note on that topic?
Speaker 2: Who doesn't?
Speaker 1: And this is and this I think is undeniable as I look at the Internet, and I'll given, well, assuming that there are evil people and will always be evil people, the more effective and advanced modes of communication get, the more effective of evil doers are in indoctrinating people into evil. Now, you would the obvious counter to that as well, What about good people helping people understand what is good. Yeah. True. Maybe it's just that we the reasonable insane if I am and sane or insane and sane, And also saying denunciation is so important, Jack, we both agree on that that we let the educational complex become radical and radicalize the students. And the Internet's a big part of that. I just I think the more advanced communication gets, the more the evil doers will use those advances to indoctrinate, Like that little kid who likes to count. I mean when he's in high school and and he's now he's into physics. Actually will the teachers are involved program? I mean that stuff slip them a little intersectionality and a little you know, Johnny, do you ever feel like a girl?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: I just Trump had thirty seven felonies. Let's count to thirty seven that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just it's it goes back to my hole. The tree of knowledge is technology, no truth? The Internet or AI or something. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Rushing made a big announcer the fruit of the tree of knowledge, I should say, from the from Genesis, the Carmaker, the biblical book.
Speaker 1: I'm done now. I think the band no No, No again. The first Book of the Bible.
Speaker 4: Jake Paul coming into in the air tonight, get over yourself tiring. We will finish strong next time.
Speaker 2: So this just happened.
Speaker 4: Manhattan DA recommends judge hold off sentencing in hush money case. So is that code for it's over? It's never gonna happen. They'll never be a sentencing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean when would they sentence him after he leaves office? And that's a phony case. It was about to be kicked out by the appeals court anyway, So I think the judge is trying to render it moot so he's not outed as a part as an activist. Ah right.
Speaker 4: Michael Labnati, who was the porn star's lawyer Stormy Daniels, called Stormy Daniels and Michael Cohen grifters and that this case should be dropped.
Speaker 1: Michaelabanati takes one to know one, I guess, yeah. So that's that's that's it.
Speaker 4: Maybe the best news out of the whole law fair thing, all the cases against Trump is it helped get him elected, and both sides recognize that does more harm than good. So that won't be the norm going forward. To try to bring up some any court cases that you get your opponent.
Speaker 2: That way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love for them to not do it because it's freaking evil and Unamerican. But I guess if they don't do it because it's unsuccessful, well that's the same result. It's a little disappointing though, Speaking of Trump, I just came across this from the Financial Times, and you know, you can't identify a single reason for somebody voting in a certain way, because you can't do a controlled experiment with a controlled group and a variable whatever. But among people who said inflation caused them severe hardship, it was seventy six to twenty four Trump. Among people who said, yeah, I was a moderate hardship, it was fifty four to forty six, which is a landslide intral politics. Among those who said no, it's no hardship, do you know anybody, I mean, how rich do you got to be to say, oh, no, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I can't you're lying to yourself. You're lying among yeah, h yourself of your political views. It's got to be it, I mean, because it's impossible.
Speaker 1: Right, you are so delusional you think your side can do no wrong. I can sit here and tell you what Trump did that was inflationary, and what he's talking about doing in the future, that's inflationary. Because I'm not a delusional cultist anyway. Among folks who said no, it's no hardship at all, it was seventy nine to twenty one for Harris.
Speaker 4: So everything got thirty percent more expensive and had no effect on you. Oh, okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Good to be you.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 1: I send my maid out to shop here at the grocery store on the Hamptons and she hasn't mentioned it at all.
Speaker 2: That's weird. Yeah, that's something.
Speaker 1: The same Democrats are coming out and saying, Hey, we're the party of the faculty lounge. We're like completely out of touch with America, and they're right. Good for y' all, you're insightful.
Speaker 4: Even if you weren't bothered by inflation, you don't have some certain for your kids going out of the world, or your friends or the country as a whole, or you've.
Speaker 1: Noticed that there's like no help at your favorite restaurant because they can't get anybody because it's too expensive to deliver around you anything anything at all.
Speaker 4: Went to several restaurants in Vegas where the wait was like forty five minutes there were empty tables everywhere.
Speaker 2: They just don't have enough staff to bring in the customers. Had plenty of space.
Speaker 1: Open up the borders. Oh we already have uh.
Speaker 5: F wow, both this respectful and touss.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't it wasn't underwrought. I'll say that. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Oh love it. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Kick it off? Which of my clans?
Speaker 5: Low?
Speaker 1: Well, I think today's today. I'm gonna go out and get my eating pants. Thanksgivings just a week away.
Speaker 3: As you know, these are just jogging shorts where I can get all the gravy scenes I want on them and I throw them away.
Speaker 2: Yes, get gravy colored expandable pants. Good idea.
Speaker 1: There's a pro tip for you. Yeah, Katie Green or esteemed to use woman as a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 4: I have to come up with some dumb art idea like super glowing an orange to a wall, no kidding, or something along those lines, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Nail a peach. So many ideas, so many possibilities, Jack a final thought for.
Speaker 4: Us, so many records being set by the big boxing bout from Friday Night. It's the largest gait take that there's ever been in a prize fight outside of Vegas. Sixty million people tuned in. Its just some sort of a streaming record.
Speaker 2: It was also the biggest age gap.
Speaker 4: Of any legally sanctioned fight in US history.
Speaker 1: I would hope, so would hope.
Speaker 2: So let's not regularly do that.
Speaker 1: So my final thought is our two of the show read a piece from Gerard Baker that was absolutely brilliant. I'm gonna hit you with a tiny bit of it. For a decade or more. Yes, even when Republicans have been in charge, we've been led by peddlers of a set of ideas that have clothed our institutions and country in social and political doctrines, fake claims and strictures that an inflicted untold harms. In other words, we've been told all sorts of crap is true. It's not true. You knew it wasn't true, but you're afraid to say so. Cut the crap, and we have.
Speaker 4: Our new cut the Crap t shirts at Armstrong ngetdy dot com, Armstrong in Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: See you tomorrow. God bless America. It's the Armstrong Ngetty Show. No Joe is a dynamic phenomenon. It's overwhelmingly popped, and you know what, everyone knows it.
Speaker 1: That's what I've said. So let's go with a bang. Let's be plain spoken about this. We're not hippies, and we're not climate change whack of doodles, and we're not gonna lop off our son's penis because he's a little effeminate.
Speaker 2: Can we cut the crap?
Speaker 1: Here? Folks, help Armstrong and Getty cut the crap. Arm is Strong and Getty