Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty Armstrong and Jackie and now he Armstrong and Eddy. We've done Cold Turkey.
Speaker 2: That means that we're not losing you know, we lost a trillion dollars to China, a trillion dollars. That means we're not losing a trillion dollars when we go Cold Turkey because we're not doing business with him right now, and they want to make a deal. They want to make a deal very badly. We'll see how that all turns out, but it's got to be a fair deal.
Speaker 1: So well, what about my never ending lust for pencils?
Speaker 3: So we got our trade war going on with China, and Trump says, I meet the press yesterday. Your kids have twenty dollars, you have too many pencils, which was not thing to say.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know what that's all about.
Speaker 3: And I think telling Americans they have too much stuff is not the best message in the world. We got this text though, regarding the dolls and pencils. Don't you think we need to buy fewer, nicer things that are American made since wages are higher here. It's the trade off of the coupling from China. Someone needs to be the adult, and Trump is doing it. It's like giving kids joke food. A responsible parent cuts it off and gives them nourishing food because that's what is best. Trump's right on this. American needs to do hard things. Yeah, I'm fine with the idea that, you know, let's have slightly higher quality stuff, or just make the message. You know, whether you like it or not, we can't continue to live off China manufacturing everything. But just flat out saying you have too much is not a good statement. Nobody wants to hear that. Ever, Well, you have too much in your paying too little for it. Yeah, Now, to completely restructure our trade relationship with China, not only is that defensible, it's iron clad.
Speaker 4: I mean we must. He's one hundred percent right about that.
Speaker 3: What are you doing with all those pencils? Three hundred pencils? A couple pencils is fine, you wear to your order exactly. The presentation of the idea was was odd. I'll just say that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the idea that the after effect of restructuring our trade agreement with China is to some extent less cheap stuff on shelves. Well, yeah, that's absolutely true.
Speaker 3: On the other handy out of more than the pencils, I find pencils funny because I just don't know a whole lot of adults that use a lot of pencils. But uh, just flat out saying your kids get too many toys for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, and just and to our our text, I would just say.
Speaker 4: The the vast, vast majority of the manufacturing that is no longer going to be in China is not going to be in the United States, going to be in Vietnam and Malaysia and India and a number.
Speaker 1: Of other places.
Speaker 4: So the idea that we will on shore tremendous amounts of manufacturing restructure the American economy, it's just not realistic. It would that would take And this is this is my objection to it as a lover of liberty and mostly free markets. And as always, we're putting China the dirty commis aside, and we're putting critical industries for defense and pharmaceuticals and that sort of stuff aside. I'm just talking about dolls and pencils. It used to be in econ classes. You talk about guns and butter right, Well, now it's dolls and pencils.
Speaker 1: Evidently that's fine.
Speaker 4: Uh. It would take to to like on shore as much as he's talking about, and like completely regrow the American manufacturing world of post w W two, which is wildly unrealistic for a number of reasons. It would take so much central planning and so much government power. It would be like living in Venezuela. You would have to dictate millions and millions of choices by millions and millions of American economic actors every single day to get where he's talking about every hour real Oh yeah, yeah, every second.
Speaker 1: It's not realistic.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, I keep going back to Howard Lutnick wrote a piece in the Journal over the weekend, and I'll quote some of it for you. Later hinted rather strongly that this is all just restructuring trade agreements.
Speaker 1: Is this is not a.
Speaker 4: Bluff exactly, because if you don't come correct, if you don't come to the bargaining table, the tariffs will stay in place. But that's what it's all about, or so Lutnik seemed to be hinting. Okay, so unless you have more on that topic. That was one of them.
Speaker 3: Get used to scrawling things with rocks or something, I guess in a pencil less world.
Speaker 4: Luckily, I've hoarded enough writing utensils of various descriptions.
Speaker 1: I think I'll be fine.
Speaker 4: So the other soup a controversial thing that Trump uh said during the Meet the Press interview, and before we get into it, is one more aside the fact that the leader of the free world wades into an overtly hostile, frequently unfair interview and interviewer and defends policies and argues points. Man, that's beautiful. That is so American. George Washington would look at that and say, at a boy, you understand the job. For all of Trump's faults and excesses, he is there to talk to the American people, and I love them.
Speaker 3: On Meet the Press for the third time in one hundred days.
Speaker 1: I know. Compare that to the Mummy.
Speaker 3: Good lord, Hey Biden Obama, anybody do Fox three times in your first under days?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Go Tototoe with Brett Bhaer, who is infinitely more fair than kristin the She Wolf Welker now she Wolf Wolf, that's what I call her. Free of first Amendment free speech. Perhaps you've heard of it speaking of the Constitution. So this little exchange caught to some ears and was troubling to some folks. Let's go ahead and play it first. Just the first clip, handsOn, if you be's a kind, your.
Speaker 3: Secretary of State says, everyone who's here, citizens and non citizens, deserved to process.
Speaker 1: Do you agree, mister, I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. I don't know. Well, the Fifth Amendment, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seems it might say that. But if you're talking about that, then we'd have to have a million or two million, or three million trials. We have thousands of people that are some murderers and some drug dealers and some of the worst people on earth. But it is some of the worst, most dangerous people on earth. And I was elected to get them the hell out of here, and the courts are holding me from doing it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the Fifth Amendment clearly states something Trump either doesn't know it or won't admit it. That is, you know, the mainstream media is coverage. Then the next clip, But even.
Speaker 1: Give in those numbers that you're talking about, don't you need to uphold the Constitution of the United States' Press. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have to respond by saying, again, I have brilliant lawyers that work for me, and they are going to obviously follow what the Supreme Court said.
Speaker 1: What you said is not what I heard.
Speaker 2: The Supreme Court said they have a different interpretation.
Speaker 3: So I wish he would have said maybe he did this on purpose because it gets people going crazy if he just won't flat out say I'll uphold the Constitution, and that might be what he wants. He wants, he might want people to be going crazy with the headlines that started yesterday morning. Trump refuses to say he would will uphold the Constitution because he could have said, well, I'll uphold the Constitution, but we need to figure out what the interpretation is. And that's I mean, because that's what he's saying. Yeah, that would have been much better messaging. Just a quick aside.
Speaker 4: I'm a little stressed this morning by proxy, because my youngest kid, my daughter, is she has her constitutional law final for a second semester of law school at a You know, there are a lot of fake graduate degrees out there. The law degree from where she's going eight fake. She is working harder than she ever Hesner's life and is very, very stressed and has no idea how she's doing so.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we were just going over.
Speaker 4: Various due process, procedural and substantive due process stuff last night. She was kind of running through it to make sure it was fairly solid in her head. And again I wish Trump had said precisely what Jack just said. But the idea of who gets what due process in what way, on under which circumstances is presented by Kristen Welker as I mean, can you murder your spouse? I mean, as if it's that simple a question, can you murder your spouse because you're tired of them? She presents it as if it is just a black and white yes or no question, And at its very core, will you up hold the constitution? Do people deserve due process? The question is clearly yes, and I wish he had said yes. But the question of what do process in what circumstances and arrived at in what way is, especially to a layman, enormously complicated, full of nuance, full of Supreme Court precedents and interpretation.
Speaker 1: It is far from a simple question.
Speaker 4: And he knew she was trying to trap him into either saying we got to turn loose to trendy Iragua guys who have become this weird cause celeb on the left.
Speaker 1: It's like trend de Iragua is the.
Speaker 4: New like fugitive slaves or you know, Vietnamese refugees or something like that. Suddenly you got like radical judges taking them into their homes and raising the muon as their own. What the hell are you people thinking?
Speaker 3: Do you think he's just not good on a nuance on an answer like that, or did he want the big splashy headline of Trump refuses to say hill up old Constitution.
Speaker 4: He didn't think it was deliberate because I've heard him a struggle or or not want to engage on constitutional questions like that a lot.
Speaker 3: Because he could have so easily said, courts have been interpreting what the founders meant by the Constitution since it was signed. Yeah, and that's what we're going to do now. I will uphold what the courts decide. But that's a very open question. Would be a perfectly reasonable answer.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, but well yeah, I know, And as always I wish I could have stepped in and said, well, yes, of course, we'll uphold the Constitution? But in what way is the question? These questions are enormously complicated, kristin again century resident differing interpretations, you witch, you know, so anyway, everybody wants to jump down his throat over that.
Speaker 3: But it's what the fact that the President won't answer yes to we you'll uphold the Constitution? I mean, that's a pretty good way to get people out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know, I know it absolutely is, and that is a fair point. But and I would hope having criticized Trump a significant amount in the last forty five minutes of the show, we've earned some credibility when I say I could read Trump's mind and he knew because Kristen Welker is evil and a witch, but she's calculating, and he knew. She was asking will you uphold the Constitution in the manner which I'm suggesting you should? Right, Yeah, that was what that question actually meant. And I wish he was a little more skilled at parrying it, because I don't think it was deliberate, but it was a gotcha question. I get why he answered the way he did, and I can hear some of my friends and trusted advisors who are constitutional scholars howling at the radio, saying, Joseph, when you're asked if you're going to uphold the Constitution, you say yes.
Speaker 1: And fair enough. But I stand by my point of view.
Speaker 3: As Mark Halpern writes, today, we're on day four of Trump making a joke about being the next pope, so he just continues to troll people.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Sean Comb's trial starts today, the criminal trial, which is gonna be nothing compared to the civil trial.
Speaker 1: When they go after his billions of dollars.
Speaker 4: Although the criminal trial is going to be a pretty good prelude.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, might put him in jail the rest of his life too, probably rightfully. So anyway, let's talk about today. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: This is what the doctor's coming to.
Speaker 5: Stephan Curry rips the Cords, Vintage Curry, the Warriors sniffing it out. Curry, buddy Heal, Hondy heel to three dugling has seen this team going a twelve run.
Speaker 3: And the Warriors win Game seven against Houston, knock out the two seed as the seventh seed, and there you go.
Speaker 1: As I'm a Warriors fan, I was very excited with that game.
Speaker 4: H Bandwagon and my lifetime was on the road, and so the heroic play is created with all.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm dying, and it's just like, I feel like it's just a little gift for me as I, as I expire comfort on your dB in the old deathbed, spend a lot of time in the old deathbed.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of preventing your demise, I read with interest a piece in the Journal over the weekend the Maha friendly app that's driving food companies crazy. It's an app called Yuca, and there are others like it that scan the barcode of.
Speaker 1: The food you're buying.
Speaker 4: And because like everything we buy has bar codes these days, it's weird. It used to be you'd go to a market and anyway and it will rate it for you. It scores it on nutritional quality, the number of additives like a process crap, organic status, which whatever. That's kind of silly, but just because organic doesn't mean a specific thing really, but I thought, what the heck, I would get it and see what it thought of. For instance, my mid show snacks, because I always have a little snack midway through the show, so I was going to scan them live.
Speaker 1: Now, first of all, I'm not going to give bread.
Speaker 3: You're talking a liquid snack like you carry around or good lord, please let's see all right here this is I will tell you this.
Speaker 4: This is like nuts and dried fruit snacks that I really like these days.
Speaker 1: Let me scan it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, excellent, seventy eight out of one hundred. Oh wow, so that quickly you can scan anything and figure out. Oh, Henry my son is gonna love this. He's on a health food kick. Now Here is my blueberry almond bar from a startup.
Speaker 1: Kind of boutiquey.
Speaker 3: These things are hard to tell any any breakfast bar sort of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The hardest thing protein or a probiotic protein bar. They really emphasize their simplicity, non gmo, that sort of thing. I'm curious scanning scanning a good fifty four out of one hundred. It's a green light, but it's it's not as high as score as I expected because it's got a very very simple ingredient list and the higher score is better. Yeah, okay, now here is my major corporation, uh protein bar.
Speaker 1: Nature Valley. I eat those all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh I can get a good brand being healthy, right exactly, Well, it's.
Speaker 1: Right in the name Nature Valley.
Speaker 3: What can be better, and it's got a healthy color on the rapper, so it's got to be healthy.
Speaker 4: Right, and rather an impressive length list of ingredients.
Speaker 3: Me and my kids have eaten a million of those with the idea that let's have a healthy snack.
Speaker 1: Oh, thirty three out of one hundred poor. Yeah, that doesn't sound like a very high score.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I should have intentionally brought something I knew to be crap. I was just there's a rating below poor called like forbidden or don't you dare or something.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about how like you say, when you drive through if you're driving somewhere and it's got one of those electronic signs that show how fast you're going, you try to see how fast you can get on that thing against.
Speaker 1: What its rules are.
Speaker 3: I want to do that with the food stuff, some of the stuff I eat. I want to see how low a score I can get on something that I actually regularly eat.
Speaker 1: Wow, something, it's like a five. You should never eat this underneath circumstances unless you're going to die otherwise, no wonder you're on your dB anyway.
Speaker 4: So there is all sorts of really interesting compelling news today that has nothing to do.
Speaker 1: With Trump's a hero, Trump's in an idiot.
Speaker 4: Whether a domestic or globally that I'm looking forward to getting to next segment if we can squeeze it in everything from a real victory for school choice to a real victory for sanity and dealing with junkies.
Speaker 3: And one of the world's greatest investors stepped down over the weekend, Warren Buffett, finally releasing The Rains at age ninety three or whatever he is. His outgoing speech I found really interesting in Food for Thought. We can have a discussion about like the purpose of life and all that sort of stuff that I thought was really great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I have thoughts. Certainly. Hope you can stay tuned. If you can't, just grab it via podcast later on Armstrong and Getty on demand. You ought to subscribe good Stuff to come stay with us Armstrong and Getty did.
Speaker 3: He's going to make the argument that hey, I was a swinger with a wild light sexual lifestyle, but it was all consensual. And I mean, you know, we entertainers, we have kind of wild sex lives, so right right.
Speaker 4: And he's got a dream team OJSQUE, a legal dream team that's pretty impressive. And he turned down a fairly reasonable plea bargain, according to you know sources I've read ten days ago and said, no, let's take this thing to trial.
Speaker 3: He'd be in a lot better shape if he didn't have that video out there of him beating up that girl and dragging her down the hallway in her by her ponytail.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, since he is accused not of wild crazy sex, which is not a crime, drug them, well, exactly, drugging people, beating them, compelling them to do things against their will, that sort of thing. And you know, bringing sex workers back and forth across state lines, which is still illegal in certain places. Anyway, it's gonna be a hell of a trial. The jury selection could take forever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you got the whole Trying to find somebody who doesn't already have an opinion.
Speaker 1: That'd be hard.
Speaker 4: And I've gone through many jury selection processes where not only do they ask you if you have a preset opinion, but the defense in particular wants to know, well, both sides really do you have certain sympathies? So I could see you're sitting there in the jury pool and the judge asks you, all right, how many of you've gotten all oiled up with friends and strangers in that group sex and people are like well as a matter of fact, and everybody looks at them all.
Speaker 1: I mean, that could be wild.
Speaker 3: About musically, They said that was going to be a thing because some people have a bad attitude about like the whole rap hip hop world, you know, just automatically, yeah, but some people have a very good, maybe forgiving attitude about the rap hip hop world.
Speaker 1: That would work the other directions. So that's kind of weird. Oh right.
Speaker 4: They these are their heroes, their musical heroes and cultural heroes on those kind of trials.
Speaker 3: Did you follow any of the Harvey Weinstein trial from Friday?
Speaker 1: Just reading about it a bit? Oh my god.
Speaker 3: One of the women on the stand who Harvey Weinstein raped obviously several times. He's already been found guilty, I think, but it doesn't matter to get into the particulars why they're going through this again. But I mean, his lawyer went at her after her heart, and she started crying and you're not gonna you're not gonna make me look like I am lying or whatever.
Speaker 1: I was raped and.
Speaker 3: They had to stop the proceedings and she had to leave for a wild But I mean, that's why people don't come forward, because you're gonna get up there and get badgered like you're just some sort of sl bloody liar, right, which sometimes you are, which is the problem.
Speaker 1: That's why you got to go through this whole process.
Speaker 3: But you know, if you're actually raped by this big, ugly monster dude and then you're getting that'd be tough.
Speaker 1: That would be tough.
Speaker 4: Well, and the point's been made many times, but it's worth making again that slutty liars get rape sure. Brutal, Yeah, yeah, just just terrible. The like whack a dooodle rights embrace of Harvey Weinstein.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can talk about it somebody. I don't know about that. Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, one hundred percent? Yeah really yeah. What what's the overall theme there? Well, he was targeted by the left wing me too woke establishment, okay, and he's the enemy of my enemy, therefore he is my friend. It reminds of when we have mocked this brutally through the years of If Dick, Flip and Cheney were to come out and say I don't like Trump, he would be on MSNBC and Rachel Madow would be saying this seasoned leader, this man who guided America through the minut You criticize the other side or whatever, or become the enemy of my enemy.
Speaker 1: You're lyon I lit. Liz Cheney is the best example.
Speaker 4: She is the most conservative member of Congress statistically. Yeah, it was, but because she was on board with impeaching Trump, she was a hero. So let's hit a couple of headlines worthy of our consideration, a few domestic and a few international. Texas just to prove the country's largest school choice bill it is something. It's a billion dollar measure signed into law on Saturday, capping off a thirty year effort to bring universal.
Speaker 1: School choice to Texas.
Speaker 4: It launches at the start of next year, like next fall. It'll place a billion dollars toward education savings accounts over the course of two years. Families can receive roughly ten thousand dollars per year for each child. Children with disabilities are eligible for significantly more, while homeschoolers could receive up to two thousand dollars a year for a curriculum and that sort of thing. Families could use the funds for private school tuition and other school related expenses like textbooks, transportation, and therapy. Any almost any school age child who is a US citizen or lawfully gavin in the country would be eligible to receive funding under the program. Step one and a big one to undermining the stranglehold the evil teachers unions have on government schools. So good for you, Texas. We were talking Jack Friday, you had to step out for a minute. We were talking about Ohio passing a significant school choice measure under the fairly moderate Mike Dwine, and they've had some fantastic success in that, so that's good. This is believe it or not, from the New York Times. The headline is We've lost our way. San Francisco rethinks drug paraphernalia handouts, and they're talking about Daniel Lurie, who's the city's new thoroughly reasonable mayor, is scaling back a program that gave away clean foil pipes and plastic straws for fentanyl consumption.
Speaker 3: I saw a lot of that when I was in San Francisco two weeks ago. I saw people because, as I mentioned, I walked through the corner of the Tenderloin with my son just so you could see it, and I saw foil straws. I saw all that sort of stuff, people doing it, like just sitting on the sidewalk or on the railing, or pushing it around in their wheelchairs or all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: And it's because it's so easy to get. The city has been providing it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking at this picture in New York Times, and I know that corner well funny. Nonprofits will have to direct people toward treatment. Wow, what a n oh, so not being a junkie anymore, not making it easier to be They want them to not be a junkie anymore. I'll be damned. But consider this. This is Heather Knight, who's their San Francisco person. Dig these the lead couple of sentences from the New York Times, and you tell me whether than the tone of the national conversation is shifted. Plastic straws are banned in San Francisco, at least if you want to drink a soda or lemonade. Those smoking fentanyl, however, have been able to get them for free at taxpayers expense. Wow, and that's not written by National Reviewer Fox, that's the New York Times.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: There was also a time five years ago when the city helped pay for a billboard that showed smiling, glittery party goers.
Speaker 1: Quote do it with friends.
Speaker 4: The public service message said, urging drug dealers, I'm sorry drug users to consume with others so they could treat a potential overdose. Wow, smiling glittery party goers because that's what it looks like the whole fentanyl world.
Speaker 1: Oh lord.
Speaker 4: Yeah, take a walk down Eddie Street in San Francisco, or you know, the street of your choice that has not been cleaned up for tourists and all, and to.
Speaker 1: See whether it strikes you as glittery now or if you've se any smiles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great, Scott, speaking of the decay of society.
Speaker 1: Although let's be positive here.
Speaker 4: If San Francisco is saying this is madness, there's hope Target is pulling the plug on self checkout. There's just too much theft now. Jack and I are bitterly disagreed over self checkout. I enjoy it, Jack hates it.
Speaker 1: I do hate it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there are so many people willing to steal so much they can't do it anymore.
Speaker 1: That's something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's well, it's a it's an indicator.
Speaker 3: What was I at the other day. What did I want to buy something very bland? Oh, I was going to try to take a hot bath because of my whole lung situation and see if that would help me. I very rarely take a bath. As I often say, men from Kansas don't take baths. But I got some bubble bath. I wanted to buy some bubble bath, and it was all locked up. It was all locked up. I had to have somebody go get a key to unlock the bubble bath.
Speaker 1: At this the bubble.
Speaker 4: Bathing tails for thirty four ninety nine. I don't know what it costs me six dollars. Uh, yeah, that's unbelievable. Now men from Kansas will take a bath. If I'm a woman, I don't date a guy who takes a bath. You better say like a brass tub in an old timey western hotel.
Speaker 1: To get with a hole, to get with a hoe, and you.
Speaker 4: Got a scrub brush to get the accumulated grip of fact, six weeks on the prairie off of you having not had any bathing. We have a long cattle drive exactly exactly. You finally wrapped up to cattle drive, and you're gonna get with an old timey frilly sex worker back in dot.
Speaker 3: The only time you're allowed to take a bath, exactly, exactly. Here's my favorite story of the weekend, my favorite political story of the weekend. Anyway, Did you see the cover of New York magazine John Fetterman's face on it? The vulnerability of John Fetterman. They did a hit piece on John Fetterman in New York Magazine. Oh my, John Fetterman insists he's in good health, but staffer's pasted in presence say they no longer recognized the man they once knew, with a whole bunch of not on the record quotes about his brain doesn't work and he really shouldn't be a senator right now because he no longer agrees with their point of view. When he was in really bad shape and he said hello, good night to open that debate, everybody covered for him called you an able list if you criticized the fact that, hey, the dude's brain doesn't work, he shouldn't be a senator, And they ignored all that criticized you. Now that he's anti Hamas, now that he's one hundred percent anti Hamas and on the side of Israel. New York magazine does a hit piece on him with no name quotes about how he shouldn't be in the Senate and staffers are worried about his mental health. Isn't that unbelievable? I mean, that's just or completely believable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's pathetic, pathetic. Moving to the foreign scene, Kim Jong Owen's latest gift to Russia is migrant workers.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: Having supplied tens of thousands of guys for a machine gun fodder for Vladimir Putin, what is the dictator of a starving country do next? He gives thousands and thousands of cheap, hard working, starving North Koreans to Russia's labor ministry. Lack of workers is among Putin's biggest problems.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 4: They have an absolutely pathetic birth rate.
Speaker 1: More on that to come.
Speaker 4: Birth rates, by the way, it's a hell of a story and exacerbating by the war. Hundreds of thousands of Russians have died in the fighting, according to Western estimates, and countless others have fled the country. They think they're one point five million dollar I'm sorry, one point five million workers short of filling openings right now, and it could easily be two point.
Speaker 1: Four million within the next few years.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, so North Korean laborers are pouring into Russia.
Speaker 3: Well, they've lost almost a million men from the field who are either dead or can't fight anymore, so you probably can't work either. And they're taking in many cases the dregs of society. You were probably doing the worst work out there to throw them at the front lines. So yeah, who's going to.
Speaker 1: Do those jobs?
Speaker 4: So it's mostly hard work in jobs in Russia's East. It's much more depopulated eastern parts. They're not in the big cities or anything like that, but.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the salt mines.
Speaker 4: North Koreans officials have expressed a hope that more North Korean workers could soon arrive in major cities. North corp about they're prized by local employers for their low wages and willingness to work twelve hour days without complaint. Wow, and be glad you were born in America. Yeah, and final story from the Foreign Beat. Teenage terrorists are a growing threat to Europe's security. Law enforcers are overwhelmed and warned that a new generation of extremists is being radicalized online. Terrorists in Europe are getting younger and younger, and authorities are struggling to find them. In recent months, dozens of adolescents as young as fourteen have been arrested across Europe for allegedly plotting attacks against music venues, shopping centers, and sites of worship. Here's a fourteen year old. These are all Islamists, by the way. Fourteen year old girl from Montenegro arrested in Austria last year for allegedly plotting an attack on non believers. Another fourteen year old arrested in February for plotting to attack a train station. Three Taylor Swift concerts in Vienna canceled last year after three suspects aged seventeen and nineteen were arrested for conspiring on what the CIA called a well developed plot that could have killed hundreds. While the US has long had a problem with school shooters, kind of well, yeah, yeah, it's a terrible, terrible thing, the growing teenage threat to Europe comes primarily primarily from Islamists. I'm glad to see that stated as straightforwardly as it is in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: Here's my favorite dumb story that we won't actually do, And in an exclusive interview, with Fox News, Paula Abdul opened up about the challenges she had to overcome being the only female judge on American Idol in the early two thousands. Man, there's a lot in that headline to take apart a show no longer are you talking about a quarter century ago with somebody completely irrelevant then very irrelevant? Now her challenge of being one of three people that right, that'd be right, be my all time bread sandwich headline I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: If somehow God Almighty were too because it would take God Almighty put together a list of things to worry about or think about today, where would that rank?
Speaker 3: Imagine being given that assignment. You're an interviewer, I want you to ask Paula Abdul about the challenges. We're not trying to o bring again a blah blah blah. Do you mean like back in two thousand and two? Really we got more in the way. Stay here, armstrong, hey yedtie.
Speaker 6: Authorities in Brazil on high alert after a bomb threat at Lady Gaugu's concert was a verdict, police calling it Operation Fake Monster, saying this was a coordinated attempt at mass murder and tonight two suspects, including the alleged ring leader, under arrest. Police saying this was a plan on digital platforms to commit a bomb attack with homemade explosive artifacts and molotov cocktails. It mainly targeted the LGBTQ community. The goal, according to police, terror for fame on social media, but the plan foiled just in time, keeping the more than two million people that attended the free concert.
Speaker 4: Safe Brazilian would be same seeking terrorists.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: What was the first story I saw on this yesterday? They made know they think even no clarity as to who it was behind it, And of course my first thought, based on what you were talking about the last segment, was okay, were these is lomists? Like has been the case a whole bunch of times with attempts on various concerts, it got caught, And this version in CNN has it closer to what you're just talking about. They wanted to gain notoriety on social media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a very odd Brazilian variation on the theme.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure they're super anti LGBTQ plus.
Speaker 1: Or whatever reason.
Speaker 4: All right, fine, I think just that, you know, it's fine. I don't believe in killing anybody for any reason. No, if they don't have a coming, it's just I think this is a blip and a very weird in Brazil variation. But getting back to Europe, at least momentarily, it's a huge and growing problem teenage militant Islamist in Europe, and as the journal puts it, young people are increasingly drawn into online communities. I mean we could that could be the opening sentence to a bunch of different discussions. Sure that propagate extremist views, conspiracy theories, hello and violence. Behind the teen extremism lies a combination of factors. An unprecedented spread of extremist propaganda accelerated partly by artificial intelligence and the powerful hold on youth by social media such as TikTok with increasingly sophisticated means of retaining user attention. And then the Gazo War, which is really ramped up anger and extremism. But two thirds of the sixty Islamic extremists arrested on terrorism charges across Europe following the start of the Gods War, two thirds of the more teenagers. And then how is AI exascerbating it?
Speaker 1: Is it the bots? The fake accounts?
Speaker 4: No No, it's the algorithms, oh, that keep you addicted to TikTok or Instagram or YouTube or whatever, or feed you the stuff you want exactly. It keeps you addicted to we must kill the Jews and the Infidels in the name of Allah.
Speaker 3: It makes it feel like there's way more of you than there is. You're part of profits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awful. Armstrong and Getty