Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Show, Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and He.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Yetty. Hey are you thanks tun In'm glad you're here. Happy Friday friends. Coming up later in the show, looking forward to a discussion of the idea of abundance, meaning here in the US we have all sorts of wonderful imports choose from, and therefore the average working person has an incredibly high standard of living and we're living pretty high on the hog, you know, as human beings go. But yeah, we've offshored a lot of our manufacturing and that leaves us vulnerable to certain things. Where's the balance point? And are we happy with the idea of as Trump said the other day, Look, you're not gonna have thirty dollars on the shelves.
Speaker 3: You'll have a couple.
Speaker 1: It might be a few bucks more expensive, but we'll have more good manufacturing jobs in the country. You know, what's the Where's the proper balance point? So stay tuned for that if you can. If not, grab it by podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, subscribe wherever you get podcasts. But first, it's a gender bending madness update.
Speaker 3: So I kept hearing about this thing called.
Speaker 1: By the loco We're a brave world. We have a number of headlines to share with you today, working up to what I think is the most important story. But predictively and horrifyingly, California Democrats have killed a state senator's bill that would secure women's prisons from predatory trans women also known as men. Some of the stories, there's just unbelievable.
Speaker 3: There is.
Speaker 1: Rampant rape of women in women's prisons, not by guards or wardens or anything, but by these so called transgender people, to the point that the guards in some of these women's prisons are making condoms available and handing them out to the women inmates, saying, hey, you might need this. If somebody forces themselves upon you, maybe you can get them to put it on. And yet, because the radical transgender movement is so powerful in cal Unicornia, they can't even get a law passed that says, if you're a transgender, you're a dude, but you're claiming to be a woman. All right, you're in the woman's prison, but you got to be over here a specific place that doesn't interact with the women. That bill got crushed crushed by the Democrats and the legislation. It's unbelievable. In case, it's not obvious, even if you're not a would be rapist, the women's prisons are less secure and less dangerous, and so guys would just rather be there, so they declare, Hey, I'm a girl, and the idiot state of California.
Speaker 3: That lets them in there.
Speaker 1: Another headline for you, A number of big time sponsors are rethinking their Pride marketing MasterCard not renewing its corporate sponsorship for the New York City Pride March, the city's annual march for LGBTQ plus rights for twenty twenty five. They had been sponsoring the events for around a decade. Decision puts it among a group of NYC Pride sponsors that are not returning this year. Others include sod snack maker Pepsi Coo automaker, Nissan, banking Giant, City Group, and consulting firm Price Waterhouse Coopers, among others. What's interesting about this article, and it's in the Wall Street Journal is in various quotes and in just the journalists writing, they refer to LGBTQ or lgbt QI A plus, depending on who they're quoting. And I'm reminded of the old saying I didn't leave the party of the party left me when it was lgb when it was gay rights. All of these corporations are like, yeah, you know, there's plenty of gay folks, and then we're up for them having rights, and so we'll sponsor. They're the big party in the march, but the party left them. It's now lgbt q I A plus, which includes cruel experiments, gender bending experiments on confused adolescents, which you've talked about a lot, whether it's the hormones or the surgeries or whatever. And saying I'm in favor of gay rights does not mean I'm in favor of taking a confused fourteen year old girl in feedner full of hormones and changing her body in her life forever. That's different the whole TEA thing. You know, you can comment on that whichever you want. But now the l g b t q I A plus community is actually and I'm not making this up, the fairly low level but increasing in volume messages about minor attracted individuals m AI's you can probably guess what that means. It means pedophiles, people might have sex with children, or at the very least sex with teenagers, underage people. And so if i'm City Bank MasterCard, virtually everybody but you know, well.
Speaker 3: That's not fair.
Speaker 1: It's not everybody but target is hanging in there, Anheuser Bush gay rights. Yeah, okay, experiments on children and yay for pedophiles.
Speaker 3: No, I'm out. Of course you're out. You should be out.
Speaker 1: And I feel bad for you know, good reasonable gay lesbian people or like, I am not down with all of this madness, and I wish I wasn't grouped with them, but unfortunately you are to some extent, which brings us to this headline Gaze Against Groomers, which is an organization with an online presence, and they're you know what I've described, they're they're gay people who think all of the T plus q I A minus over the power of three stuff is madness. And they just came across a White House briefing for l g B t q I plus leaders back in the Biden administration that branded Gaze Against Groomers as a hate group on an and an extremist organization. And as they commented online. Our crime believing children are perfect ex exactly as they are, no drugs or surgeries required. I'm gonna repeat that. This is this gaze against Groomer's group. We believe children are perfect exactly as they are, no drugs or surgeries required, And for that stance, the Biden administration laid them, labeled them as extremists in.
Speaker 3: A hate group.
Speaker 1: Man, we've gone down the so far down the road to Crazyville. It's hard to believe, isn't it. A couple more stories, a man who identifies as a woman is set to become the first transgender individual, and I appreciate there are a handful of publications of a slightly more conservative bent than the liberal mainstream media who use quotes around transgender because the left in academia would have you believe that that is it's a solid term with a solid definition. Everybody knows what it means, and you dare not question. No, no, that's not true. It's a concept. The very concept of it is very, very controversial, but they act as if it's universally understood and accepted.
Speaker 3: Don't fall for that. It's not anyway.
Speaker 1: So again, transgenders and quotes and This happens to be Breitbarton. A man who identifies as a woman is set to become the first transgender individual to compete in the Miss Maine USA pageant in a couple of days. Twenty four year old Isabella Saint Sarah of Munson of one among several other biological males, just males.
Speaker 3: It's fine to just say males.
Speaker 1: See only kind of male there is biological It's redundant to say biological male and silly. It's redundant and silly to say biological woman or female female. That's enough, you've explained yourself anyway. One among several men who have been competing in beauty pageants across the nation and around the world. And this person is very happy with this. As you might guess. During an interview with the local paper, this man said he'd always wanted to compete in pageants. Out The outlet noted the farm owner, a farmer. That's interesting, began transitioning while he was in high school, started the medical transition when he was twenty. Okay, that's fine, but you don't get to be in a girl's beauty pageant nor a girls sports henry Ford Health, Detroit based healthcare agency henry Ford Health has been exposed for administering transgender treatments on minors, tainting care with diversity, equity and inclusion policies, and more by a nonprofit group accusing it of prioritizing politics over patient patients. This is Michigan's second largest health system. Dyve deleted web pages promoting childhood transgenderism and dei an attempt to scrub its far left footprints, but that's the services still exist. One deleted article on how to support a transgender team directed parents to get help to allow their child to transition.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: When they're not allowed to transition, they may suffer from depression, anxiety, and an increased risk of inflicting self harm. Unbelievable. And henry Ford pediatrician doctor Maureen Connelly radical lunatic said, we've latched onto this idea that gender is fixed, but we know now in medicine that exploring your identity as it relates to gender as a normal part of growing up. Well, yeah, how masculine?
Speaker 3: Am I? How feminine?
Speaker 1: Am I?
Speaker 3: Am I?
Speaker 1: Girly girl? Am I A tomboy? Am I A tough guy? Am I?
Speaker 3: Sensitive? Poet? Guy? Yes?
Speaker 1: That is a normal part of growing up. Having activists lunatics pump you full of chemicals and remove healthy body parts that is not normal, not even close. All right, More on this to come in a second. After a word from our friend's said, Prize Picks the action is heating up. Price Picks the best place to get in on the action. Don't miss your chance to pick your favorite players during the Basketball playoffs.
Speaker 3: Super easy to understand and do.
Speaker 1: Whether it's points, rebounds are a just choose more or less on two to six player stat projections for your chance to win up to two thousand times your cash. Turn your playoff hot takes into tickets to Basketball's championship series.
Speaker 3: Start with the playing round.
Speaker 1: Every lineup you make on Prize Picks will enter you in the Takes two Tickets sweepstakes, which could get you and a plus one a VIP trip to the Championship.
Speaker 3: Download the Prize Picks at today.
Speaker 1: Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play just a five dollars lineup. Play as little as you want keep it fun, keep it cool, be smart, prize picks, use that code Armstrong prize picks.
Speaker 3: Run your game. A couple more quick stories. What time is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we really ought to take a break, But there's a terrific editorial in the National Review. At the beginning of the year, President Trump announced in an executive order that directed the Secretary of Health and Human Services to publish a review of the egg existing literature on best practices for promoting the health of children who assert gender dysphoria rapid onset gender dysphoria, which I could talk about for a week, but I mean, the classic example of gender dysphoria is a grown man who says, I've always felt like a girl. I've always known I was a girl. I want to present as a woman and get surgery. You know, that's one thing. If you're a grown person, you get to do what you want. In my country, certainly, But this rapid onset youth gender dysphoria thing is a wildly different proposition. And it turns out that the best practices quote unquote for so called gender firm and care are simply to not do it at all. If you take activism out of this and actually look at the science. The conclusions are clear. The AHHS review was published a couple of days ago, and the results should not be surprising. The researchers found that the available studies on gender firm and care quote unquote for minors are poorly conducted, and there is not evidence to show that such interventions effectively treat gender dysfort or improve mental health. More importantly, the researchers note what has not been published in the scientific literature. The studies largely fail to appropriately consider the possible harms of these medical interventions. And since we're about out of town, time will cut this short for now. We'll come back to it later. But the other thing that they never consider is that, yeah, if you have a delusion and the people around you confirm that delusion as an impressional adolescent, that will for the short term make you feel better about everything. But in the long term the results are horrifying and devastating. So these studies have been absolute bunk. Anyway, that's your gender bending madness update.
Speaker 3: The loco. We're in a brave new world. Much more to.
Speaker 1: Come, stay with us. Brett Phar had an interesting interview with JDV. Yesterday on special report in which they talked about a handful of different things, including the situation with the Houthis bombing shipping and the US, unlike under the Mummy, Biden lashing back and pounding them for their trouble many many, many strikes over a period of months. We'll let Breton JD continue the conversation. First clip, Michael, the Hoothy campaign.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think you know, we're already seeing signs that the Houthis are saying no moss. They've been bombed, They've recognized that there are serious consequences to firing on.
Speaker 3: American and other ships.
Speaker 5: And I actually think we're in a good place for the Houthis to stop attacking civilian vessels, to go back to doing whatever it is they were doing before they were attacking civilian vessels. And I think that if fat were happening, then this bombing campaign would be over the next day.
Speaker 1: Pete Hegseeth also sent a strong message, excuse me to Iran and the Hoothies. You know very well what the US military is capable of. You will pay warning that Iran would pay consequences for its lethal support of the Houthis terrorist organization. We know exactly what you are doing, you know very well with the US military is capable of and you were warned you will pay the consequence at the time in place of your choosing. Let's press on with Brett Bearen VP Vans.
Speaker 6: Do you hear the criticism though from libertarians from the left that this is the new Vietnam? This is forty eight days of bombing. People are in the middle of the country. May not know that we're in the middle of a hot war with Yemen.
Speaker 4: What do you say, Well, not with Yemen with a terrorist organization inside yet has been firing on American ships. And I think that people, you know, we want to compare this to Vietnam, and come on. I think that the President has made it very clear that one of his core national security priorities is that if you load stuff onto a ship and you send it to the United States, we want to make sure that it shows up without the sailors getting killed, without the ship being destroyed. That is an objective that we're going to pursue forcefully if.
Speaker 3: We have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's an account in Fox News of the USS Harry Truman aircraft carrier that was the same that the F eighteen super Hornet fell off of It's possible it was making an emergency turn to avoid Hoothy attack. It's all classified and should be. And that's fine and recent and thanks to listeners who sent us video of giant aircraft carriers making those emergency turns. It's quite astounding to witness how quickly and with what energy they can turn. But anyway, the aircraft carrier has been operating in the Red season September where it has launched strikes against the Houthis, and they have claimed it is they have attacked the Harry Truman and the accompanying warships in recent weeks, so that may well be what happened. Meanwhile, Marco Ruby from thirty thousand feet talking more generally about Iran and its recent actions, and.
Speaker 3: Look, there's a win here for Iran.
Speaker 7: Okay, they can actually have real economic development, Okay, real investment in their country. But they have to walk away from sponsoring terrorists, they have to walk away from helping the Houthies, they have to walk away from building long range missiles that have no purpose to exist other than having nuclear weapons, and they have to walk away from enrichment.
Speaker 3: These are not unreasonable requests.
Speaker 7: There are countries all over the world that have nuclear energy and don't enrich and don't have long range missiles and don't sponsor terrorism. That path is there for them. It's the path of peace. And frankly, I pray and hope and we'll do everything we can to hope convince them that they should take it.
Speaker 1: Marco Rubio there, it will be so interesting to see the next six months or so unfold. According to the reports, which may or may not be accurate. You never know who floats what and for what reason. But Israel was ready to go ahead and strike Iran and take their nuclear program down to whatever extent is possible, and we told them to wait, wait, wait, to hold it back. Their negotiations allegedly happening. Soon It's going to turn one way or the other, and in dramatic fashion.
Speaker 3: Soon. Much more to come.
Speaker 1: Stay with us if you can't grab the podcast Armstrong and.
Speaker 3: Getty, onto me Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: According to a new study, drinking champagne could reduce the risk of sudden cardiac arrest. Unfortunately, it increases the risk of hitting wasted at brunch and spending your Sunday afternoon passed out on one of the IKEA sample beds.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never enjoyed the mimosa or the the brunch drink.
Speaker 9: It only if I'm planning to keep her going all day. And that's, you know, a rare occurrence.
Speaker 1: You're always a much better distance athlete than I was.
Speaker 3: I can't do it two times. So I had a doctor's appointment. I wasn't hear the last hour.
Speaker 9: You probably didn't even notice me missing, which makes you wonder why I get paid to do this.
Speaker 3: But so I noticed, Jack, I noticed, all right.
Speaker 9: So I've had this cough thing for three weeks long outside of cancer, longest time I've been sick with the same thing ever in my wife. I just went to the doctor and apparently there's a whole bunch of these or one I don't know, flying around the country. So if you got something where it just keeps hanging on, it's a thing. Right now, three to five weeks of the same cough before it goes away, which.
Speaker 3: Is abow five weeks. Is that's too much what I would like to know?
Speaker 9: Well, three weeks sure feels like a long time. It's been three weeks in two days. But what I'd like to know if this has anything to do with covid.
Speaker 3: Did covid do anything to our immune system?
Speaker 9: Or is this some sort of merged with a cold variant something I don't know, No problem, and.
Speaker 1: It is doctor Fauci behind it all. Yeah, no kidding, Never forget two things. First of all, I always asked this question of doctors.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I just am fascinated by this.
Speaker 9: I said, So, if I'd got and this because they're putting me on pregnizone to try to knock out the end of it because I got.
Speaker 3: Fluid in my lungs or whatever.
Speaker 9: I said, if this is going on one hundred years ago, what would happen? And she said, you'd probably get deemonia and die most likely. That's just amazing to me that how many things. You know, That's why life expectancy was like thirty eight not that long ago, because there are just so many things that would come along and kill.
Speaker 3: You right right.
Speaker 1: You know, I find myself wondering and I'm completely unqualified to even consider this question, So this should be fun.
Speaker 3: Would we well, I think I know the answer.
Speaker 1: Would we have developed the population density that we have now as modern humans in the absence of modern medicine. Uh, I mean, because a lot of people would be dropping dead like crazy of these respiratory diseases that we all trade back and forth because we're you know, in buildings and offices and schools all the time.
Speaker 9: London was pretty dense long before antibotics came along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and people lived to thirty eight if they were lucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we would have a lot different population, no doubt.
Speaker 9: But so some of you heard when we brought this up the other day. So I was talking to somebody I know in my personal life and about being sick, and they said, you get sick a lot. And I said, no, not really, And they said, and for whatever reason they had in their mind when I've been sick, they said, yeah, well you had this and then like a month ago you had and you missed work and blahlah blah. And I and for the first time in my life, which is absolutely amazing, that I've been able to live in denial all this time. It's shocking. What else am I in denial about or anybody I had to admit? Yeah, I get sick a lot. I get sick more than the average person. I've never admitted that out loud, but it's clearly statistically true, and I've never seen myself that way. So now I've I've got to realize, like my parents eighty two and eighty.
Speaker 3: Seven eighty eight.
Speaker 9: Almost never get sick, like ever, my whole life, including now I, on the other hand, would be I would die.
Speaker 3: I would have already been dead a long time ago.
Speaker 9: I'm a person who gets sick, and without modern medicine, I would have been dead a long time ago. I'm not cut out for, you know, life, apparently probably lack of character.
Speaker 3: Is that what the doctor say or you know? Because that's why I've.
Speaker 9: Been That's why I've wanted to deny getting sick a lot, because I do feel like it's people who get sick a lot I've just always.
Speaker 3: Looked down on. You're just like a weak person. You get sick of Wow.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not proud of it, but that's cruelty on one end of your personality and delusion on the other. This is troubling people who get sick a lot.
Speaker 9: I don't want them around me. I don't want to work with them. I don't I just yeah, you're just you're weak. You're a weak person. I've always felt that way. Maybe that's where the denial comes from because I had that aks. But I get sick a lot, and I would.
Speaker 1: Have been a compensating one hundred years ago, I would have been dead.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 9: So what do you do with that information? Nothing, that's just your deal. Like some people have better eyesight or taller.
Speaker 1: Oh about not the psychological part, but the reality of getting sick.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You try to take care of yourself. I suppose I don't do.
Speaker 1: You're quit acting like the precautions to prevent illness are stupid and only practiced by weak people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suppose.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm going to go on the pregni zone, which is a steroid, so I'm going to get swoll. So look forward to me. Just I'm gonna be RFK Junior ripped by the way. He just announced he's getting feetest parts out of all the vaccines.
Speaker 3: So that's something to be excited about. Next vaccine, you got no feetest parts in it? Wait, what I know? I thought the same thing. What the hell does that mean?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll dig into that and figure out how significant it is. So you have probably had this same conversation, at least internally, as I have watching traffic go by. Everybody is driving little SUVs. Now every damn car is a crossover suv.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of them.
Speaker 1: And I remember back when this phenomenon was first beginning, I would always be a little i don't know, perturbed, intrigued, confused, because I would say, so you got a little hatchback, whatever happened to the trunk, the great American trunk you could stole, like, you know, a couch in three bodies in a trunk I have, And now you've got this little space.
Speaker 3: Why are people preferring these things now?
Speaker 1: Of course I've been driving one mostly for the last several years, a kind of mid sized suv.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Interestingly, in the National Review, Chad Hagen observed first that the American car market has undergone a huge shift in recent years. It used to be Sedan after Sedan after Stan on American roads, two to four doors and a trunk.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 9: I don't know why they went away, but anyway back to your statistics, Yeah.
Speaker 1: They practically vanished and replaced by an endless parade of oversized SUVs and crossovers.
Speaker 3: He wrote, what happened.
Speaker 1: It was not consumer demand alone that drove this transformation. Although I do kind of like sitting up high.
Speaker 3: Sitting up hi, you start doing.
Speaker 9: It, it it, I don't know, you just feel more protected or the view or whatever. But yeah, when I got my sedan, it had been a long time since i'd sat down low.
Speaker 3: You have a different view of the world down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went with like what you might call a sports sedan for a while, and I really liked the car. But in a land of SUVs and pickup trucks, you constantly, you constantly got their headlights directly into your eyeball right, because of the way they're focused anyway.
Speaker 3: But it was not consumer demand alone that drove the transfer. Transformation.
Speaker 1: Policy played a pivot, an ironic role, how well, under the revised corporate average fuel economy those are the Cafe standards. Perhaps you've heard of. Fuel efficiency targets were tied to a vehicle's physical footprint. The larger the vehicle, the easier the target began it became to meet. Right so called light trucks, a category that miraculously expanded to include nearly anything with four wheels and a squarish back end. Were given significantly lower efficiency requirements than passenger cars. As a result, automakers responded exactly as rational actors do under irrational government regulations. They made everything bigger. Traditional sedans were bulked up into crossovers, ground clearance was raised, carbon go space was squared off, and the vehicles were quietly reclassified as trucks to game the system that Washington had so thoughtfully built for them.
Speaker 9: That is funny on a number of ends. So first of all, government trying to force us to live certain ways almost never works. Almost never works.
Speaker 1: To find relate the free market one.
Speaker 3: We find our way around it.
Speaker 9: We do what we want to do, So we figure out a way around it. Our business figures out a way around it. And then you got the other end of it. And I've talked about this a million times. I know it annoys, it hurts some people's feelings. But the whole truck thing is so much image, and I have I have many many trucks, But it's an image they sell you that we all like.
Speaker 3: I'm perfectly fine with that. I like the image.
Speaker 9: I know they're selling me in an image, but almost nobody statistically ever puts their four wheel drive in four wheel drive and all the towing capacity stuff that they put in, all the ads to make you feel a certain way. Almost nobody ever pulls anything with their truck. I know plenty of you do, and you're listening right now, and you feel offended that I said that, But just statistically, it's true. Not talking about you, right right. You work on a farm and you pull a big truck, fine, you need a certain or a big wagon or whatever, you need a certain kind of truck, but most people don't. Most people are picking up their kids from school in their truck that can pull fifteen thousand pounds up a hill, but they never ever do.
Speaker 3: But so you know, it fits in with what you were just talking about.
Speaker 9: So you come up with an image to sell this kind of vehicle that gets around the cafe standards, and then everybody's driving this.
Speaker 1: This is an unfair characterization, which is why I enjoy it so much. But in general, progressive types, liberals in general, including you know, fairly moderate liberals back in the day, they pass policies and a praise them on how they make them feel and whether they make them look enlightened, whether they get social payoff from it. Do you praise me for passing these policies. That is the standard. If you're a good, smart conservative and you understand the way the world really works works, you propose policies, but then you think hard about, Okay, how will people's behaviors change because of this policy, how will people try to get around it?
Speaker 3: Is this worth the trouble?
Speaker 1: Are we, for instance, helping the poor single mother. Yes, but we're also encouraging people not to get married in the first place. For instance, that taken from the LBJ is so called great society and the sixties that decimated the black family. If you're a good conservative, you think hard about the way the world and humans really work, and you take a much lighter hand in trying to manipulate the levers of life and love in the economy, because it never works out the way you think it will. People adjust, they change, they do different things, or companies say, oh, bigger vehicles have lower standards. Let's make bigger vehicle. And literally, that's how long the conversation was. Right to get around your brilliant regulations.
Speaker 9: And while you and your friends in Brooklyn who never drive at you don't even own cars.
Speaker 1: And can totally not understand how anybody would want to own a car.
Speaker 9: I think we're all gonna start driving some sort of tiny little thing because we care about the environment. No, we went out and bought the great, big giant SUVs because we like big vehicles.
Speaker 3: Yep, the end. Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 9: And then Katie had this story earlier about how the federal government's proposing some sort of tax for electric cars that will start happening, and you said it's to make up for the gas taxes. That's another perfect example of how it makes you feel versus reality.
Speaker 3: Everybody starts driving electric cars, all that gas.
Speaker 9: Tax that you used to fund tons of big blue projects in your state are gonna go away. How are you gonna fix it? You gotta make up for that, So where you gotta have an answer for that somewhere. You can't just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You try mightily to limit the miles people drive, and then you profit from those miles, and then when those miles actually drop, you go into a panic and you have to tax something else.
Speaker 9: Lovely, I'm gonna go to a movie tonight, very excited about a movie that hits the theaters tonight. I'll tell you about, among other things, on the ways to hear Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And yet we can't starting alone, no one can, and we can find a way together.
Speaker 3: Marvel Studios, Thunderballs, oh man I Hanson.
Speaker 9: I asked Canton to grab a trailer from Thunderbolts, which comes out tonight, new Marvel movie, which I'm very excited about. It's hilarious. Many of the trailers are freaking hilarious. That was not one of them, but it is a it's a like Avengers type movie, and it looks really really good, and it's got a bunch of the stars. If you've watched these or watch them with your kids or whatever. Bucky, you know, Captain America's friend who died during World War Two. Bucky's back. And this guy David Harbor. Do you know David Harbor by name Joe. He's spend so many things. He was a sheriff in Stranger Things. But he plays this Russian super soldier that he's been in the Marvel series. Really badass, very cool. I mean, just a great character actor and he's great in this role. But anyway, now he's in this that's kind of a half a comedy.
Speaker 3: And Henry and are going to go tonight.
Speaker 9: I'll let you know what I think of it. They're hoping it's going to revitalize the Marvel thing. Interesting that they're going to try to go with a comedy bent to bring it back after it kind of dying off over the last several years.
Speaker 3: Interesting, by the way.
Speaker 1: I was going to tout and Door, which is one of your Star Wars spinoffs on Disney Plus, and I read an article the other day.
Speaker 3: I kind of heard of it, but I never tuned in.
Speaker 1: But the article was talking about Tony Gilroy, who's the guy who like is behind it, the showrunner, the writer, and how disappointed he was that it wasn't a bigger hit. Uh and and the critic was saying, and it should be, because it's so good.
Speaker 3: He's the guy.
Speaker 1: Who wrote like all of the Bourne Identity movies and directed several of them. And and the point of the article was that it's not very Star Wars y. It's a political espionage thriller and and with really interesting deep characters and twists and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And I thought, oh, okay, I'll give it a try. I've been binging it. Oh I love it. It is so good.
Speaker 1: Oh really, check door on Disney Plus if you get that.
Speaker 3: He loves that sort of thing.
Speaker 9: On Thunderbolts, there's one of the trailers where he say, I think we should call ourselves thunderbolts if we If you're gonna call thunderbolts, I quit. So this is some breaking news and kind of interesting of things that are happening right now. So the jobs numbers came out today. So we had the GDP number that came out a couple of days ago in the economy shrank, and then Joe explained how that that's misleading, like a lot misleading.
Speaker 3: But then the jobs.
Speaker 9: Numbers out today, which exceeding expectations.
Speaker 3: So the Financial Times headline.
Speaker 9: Is US stocks wipe out losses from Liberation Day. US stocks rallied today on the news of one hundred and seventy seven thousand jobs and that was enough to cause the S and P at least to gain back everything that has been lost since Liberation Day.
Speaker 3: And so there you go.
Speaker 1: Check.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and check your four oh one k as they say.
Speaker 9: That's why that whole thing is so stupid every single time, and.
Speaker 3: People are worried about their foreum case.
Speaker 9: First of all, unless you're like retiring tomorrow and even then, Like my dad always talks about how many times he's lost half of what he's got since he's been retired.
Speaker 3: It comes back unless you're right.
Speaker 9: I don't know, planning to buy a house to with your four oh one k, which would be a bad plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you act like all of the talking hands on the news, think you act, you're doing it wrong. Get a financial advisor, read a book or something.
Speaker 9: Read a book or something, but like all that stuff, or this is the worst stock market decline since April of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: That's two years ago, and I don't even remember it. I mean, why are you acting like this?
Speaker 1: You don't remember twenty twenty three? The blood running in the streets, the cannibalism, parents eating their own children.
Speaker 3: Is there? Oh wow?
Speaker 9: You'd have thought that had stuck in my mind, right?
Speaker 3: I didn't see this. Maybe you talked about it while I was at the doctor.
Speaker 9: The U United States announced yesterday we're stepping back from the peace talks, and you brought Russia and Ukraine.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. I missed this story.
Speaker 9: Yesterday We're no longer going to be involved in the peace talks. It's up to them. The White House announced yesterday. Okay, I'd missed that too. Yeah, seems like big news. Well what peace talks?
Speaker 3: I mean maybe maybe that's the ye. We do four hours every day.
Speaker 9: If you don't get all four hours or every segment, or there's segments you'd like to listen to multiple times or share with your friends, you can check out the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty