Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating Wild Broke. I'm your host, Coly Witness. Today we have very special guests. La Brittany's up in the building.
Speaker 2: I don't crack it up because everybody I here think my name is La Brittany, but my name is Love Brittany.
Speaker 1: Love Brittany. Yes, now run that back, run that back, run that back. Hey guys, welcome to another episode of Eating Broke. I'm your host, Coly Witt, and today we're taking it back to life with Love Britney.
Speaker 2: I like that, you see that.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming on here and filming with me and taking time out of your crazy schedule. You're artist, you are an entrepreneur, you are a cook. She a triple threat, and today you are will be having us eat what lanchos l nachos?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, what.
Speaker 1: Kind of nachos is l nachos? Tell us the ingredients?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're gonna use ground turkey. I like that. Now. Back when I was eating while broke, I used beef. Okay, but it's just certain things I ain't going back to. So we're gonna use ground turkey today because it's more healthy. And then We're gonna use the reed ales as our chip use. It's just something about them nacho cheese. The reed alls when you're eating some nachos, they hit different. So we got cheddar shredded cheddar chea because I love cheddar cheese, specifically fresh sauce to sour cream, shredded lettuce. We're gonna add a little bit of green pepper, little onion to our ground turkey. Okay, And of course we got our seasonings because that is what makes or breaks any dish to me is how well you season it. And we are gonna season our ground with a little bit of the McCormick taco season. We got some onion powder, some garlic powder, some peprika, some salt, some pepper and cumin. You ad it and cuman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you taste the kuman when you cook it? Because I have it, but I never could taste it. Really, I put.
Speaker 2: Enough to taste it. But it's cuman is what gives the taco season and that taco season, and taste it is cuman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, teach you something.
Speaker 2: And then a little bit of virgin olive oil because ground turkey can cook a little dry sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that keep it yeah. So one of our guests on our show did this trick where he puts soy sauce in it. Oh, and you want to know something. I was like, crazy, but you want to know something. Taco was not dry at all. And I said, mental note. And now when I make ground turkey, I put soy sauce in it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to try to soy sauce is a good like substitute for salt. Sometimes makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: Makes sense. All right, So go ahead and get in the kitchen. Lave Britain. All right, here we go, and take me back to what was going on during the era of Dorito nachos or la nachos. You said, l nachos lachos.
Speaker 2: I used to cook this meal for my family, which consists of me and my two sons and my baby daddy. At that time. This was a long time ago, though. This was like at this point, probably like over over fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. That means you got a good story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was a long time ago. We were living in the projects in Detroit, YEP. And life was really good. To be honest with you, it was fun. I remember I was like nineteen twenty years old, and I was like one of the only people in my friend group to have like my own apartment because all my other friends once we graduated from high school, they all went off to college. But me, I was a teenage mother. I was gone. I had a family.
Speaker 1: So how old were you when you had your first child.
Speaker 2: I was fourteen when I got pregnant with him, fifteen when I had oh yeah, oh wow. And then I was actually nineteen when I had my second son.
Speaker 1: So when did you get your first apartment when you were Not when you're fifteen?
Speaker 2: Nope, I got my first apartment right when I turned eighteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: This was one of those meals that as I raised my sons over there we would eat. Me and my sister want all my friends to come over. We'll all have taco Tuesdays. We'll make nachos. We will make tacos like my tacos are still my fan favorite favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh so I'm about to really enjoy this today.
Speaker 2: If I would have made my tacos, you would have really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Why do you do that to me? I know why you do that. I can't believed we needed.
Speaker 2: Some flower tortillas, and we would do you fright them by them, that's what make them so good. Why you do that? I don't know. Oh, I got you.
Speaker 1: I went back and forth with Jennifer on these meals and I was like, you sure, you sure? You sure? Because I after seeing your cooking.
Speaker 2: I'm like, cause you know what it was you said eating while broke So my tacos that was an elevated version like this was like eating wile broke. More. My tacos is something I cooked all the time still to this day. So we'll just have to run that back.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll run that back.
Speaker 2: We'll just run it back.
Speaker 1: We'll run it back. So take me back. So you're having the family life as a young mom, and but you said that was the best times I became a mom, and I can honestly say that was the hardest times of my life. So to hear you say it was the best is interesting. Oh I like it. Okay, I thought it was because she kept going like this, there's a fly in the studio. I like your hair though, when you flipping like that, just flip it over. Okay, So tell me, like, why do you consider a great time? Was it? Did you have a bunch of childcare or something.
Speaker 2: No, it was just honestly, it was just a fun time, like we were all we just would have fun. It seemed like life at that time was like, granted, we have the struggles of being a mother. We have just struggles. I feel like that have never went away in life. But at that time I felt like it was so just innocent love. Life was new to us because we were just out of high schools. Once you graduate from high school, you are entering into this new phase of life. And my life was me being a mother to my hold on my life was but I don't want to kill it.
Speaker 1: Guys, Just for all the listeners, there's a fly in the studio and Benny's over here doing the full know you got it.
Speaker 2: I'm scared to kill it over here because we don't want to kill it in the pool.
Speaker 1: No, all right, continue to face.
Speaker 2: My life was me being a mom to my two sons. One was a toddler at that time and the other one was a baby. Me and my ex we have been together since I was a teenager. It was like your first love, yeah yeah, And we were like we was hustling together. We were just trying to figure out life as young parents, and it was fun, like we would have all our friends come over like we was we were young, but like the grown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were like the young adults. All your friends are probably living in dorms. You guys are like come to my house.
Speaker 2: That literally, like we was all just turning twenty. I turned twenty one living there, We're getting turned there. Now we could buy bottles. It was a It was a time in my life that I will never forget, honestly.
Speaker 1: And what were you guys doing to take care of your family?
Speaker 2: So we both had jobs like my he worked, I worked. I would work a bunch of different jobs because I don't like I've always had a very entrepreneur mentality my whole life because when I had my first son, I wasn't even old enough to get a job. So in order for me to go to school, I used to break here to make money so I could pay for him to go to daycare. Oh no, that's when I was like fifteen fourteen. As I got older, I always also had to work a job, Like my first job was taco bill okay, So like I would work jobs like at that time, I was bartending down at in clubs downtown Detroit. I wasn't even old enough to bartend. I wasn't even twenty one yet.
Speaker 1: But how were you able to pull that off?
Speaker 2: Because they just loved me at home? You know, they they like, how did you le bring me? You love pretty girls behind the bar? You feel me? So I was actually running up a check at home as a bartender. I ain't gonna lie. I missed them days that fast cash.
Speaker 1: It was funny. Now, how did your parents take the news of you becoming a young parent.
Speaker 2: It was very shocking to them. It was something that they definitely had to adjust to. But shout out to my mama because when she found out, I was already like seven almost eight months pregnant.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why did you wait? You waited that long to tell her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was a scary time. So by the time she found out, it was like, Okay, what do we do?
Speaker 1: And you can't get a whooping when you're seven months? Did you plan it so you wouldn't get a whooping?
Speaker 2: No? I actually I did not plan it so I wouldn't get a whooping. No, that wasn't even my thought process. I was just scared. I was scared. Yeah, it was scared. I was scared to say, tell anybody.
Speaker 1: You ran on the baggy closer.
Speaker 2: I wore baggy clothes.
Speaker 1: The stuff we do.
Speaker 2: Just so stupid. Like when I think about it now, I'll just be like, that's why I talk about it a lot and a lot of my TikTok videos and stuff like that, when I'll be telling these kids, like listen, first off, practice abstinence, and secondly, I know just in real life you gonna have sex, protect yourself, and if you get pregnant, tell somebody, because there's so many things I could have went wrong with me. Thank god, I'm covered by the grace of gods.
Speaker 1: Because you weren't going to like doctors.
Speaker 2: I wasn't doing none of that. Like me and my son are healthy, thank god. And so it's nothing to play with. That's it. We laugh at it, but it's not funny for real. It's really I.
Speaker 1: Didn't even think about that. Yeah, that because you're so focused on hiding it. But and but nobody, no adults new, not even like an auntie or someone.
Speaker 2: Not until until I would. I stayed at my dad's and they was like, but mind you. At that point, I was like seven months and they was like, it ain't right. Brick looked like she gained a weight, she's sleeping a lot, and they called my mama, and my mama was like, Brick, this is what your dad saying. And at that point I couldn't deny it. I was just like as soon as I lifted up my church, that was a very crazy time, a very crazy yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Like did she ask you to or you were like surprised? This where theway game came from.
Speaker 2: I think she was like, let your shirt up, and I was like, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like, let's go out in the yard first.
Speaker 2: So then she took me to the hospital and the doctor was like she's such and such weeks. And then a couple weeks later, my mama threw me the most banging baby showers in my life in our basement, baby showers full of high school kids. Crazy. She helped she cleared out a room in our house, set up the most beautiful nursery for my son I have. I had at that time and still have to this day, an amazing support system from my family on both sides of the family, my family and my children's father's sides. So I'm grateful for that for sure.
Speaker 1: Are you and your children's father like close? Now I ain't close to.
Speaker 2: The niggas, but I'm thankful for them for me. Just great good fathers doing the best that they knew how to do, or doing the best that they know how to do.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like women carry a bulk of I tell this skit on social media where it was like a man co parenting versus the woman co parenting. It's like the woman's carrying a bulk of the responsibility. Yeah, compared to the man.
Speaker 2: I think naturally that just happens because one, we are the creators of the children's I think the attachment that we have to our children is going as a mother is different than what a father has anyway. And then because we breastfeed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like a whole nother life. I will die for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And as women were naturally nurtured. Yeah. And then in our society the way the capitalists capitalism goes the wife stay at home, could clean, take your kids and go out work, make the money, provide and bring it back. You feel me? So? Yeah, women definitely carry more responsibility when it comes to children than men. A lot most of the time.
Speaker 1: Just for y'all listeners, I'm gonna mc lebrini's dish. She added onions and peppers to her very seasoned meat. It looks juicy, not dry. It's very good. Did you add water or something?
Speaker 2: Nothing I could ever be dry?
Speaker 1: What you make it looks not dry at all.
Speaker 2: But what you do so remember I told you add a little bit of olive oil.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I know that's why a lot of people be afraid to cook with ground turkey because gets drying and it's hard to season. Like you have to overseason ground turkey to really be able to taste the flavors. And when you add onions and peppers and stuff to it, it help with the flavor.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you're hustling, you're supporting your kids with multiple jobs, and a very young bartender running up a chat tag at this point, do you have an idea of what your long term goals are?
Speaker 2: As I was doing that, I was also pursuing music. I was in a girl group at home based out of Detroit, and we would rehearse every single day, vocal lessons, performance coaching, media coaching. We would study different DVDs and CD CDs of our favorite artists. For hours we would do like face exercises. I was managing artists development. I was in a production company called Pajam. I don't know if the gospel singer j Moss a Detroit based Okay, yep, very successful, well known production somebody by the name of the jam.
Speaker 1: So I was this is after giving birth. This was going into giving birth.
Speaker 2: My second son. This was like within the same right after I had him.
Speaker 1: It was on and they knew you were a young mom. Yeah, and they weren't intimidated by it. They were like, nah, man, her talent is so good.
Speaker 2: We're gonna they love me. They still love me to day. Wow. Yeah. And then I've always even before that, I always I was like in acchoired dance classes, like I've always been a performer talent shows. I've always written music, like just my passion has always been music and performance.
Speaker 1: Now that didn't cause your parents to question the teen pregnancy at all, because here is like they know their child is this is a line of work and at that time being pregnant and performance. It's not today where Cardi B's on stage with a belly and BEYONCEA has their kids. It's a different ear.
Speaker 2: You gotta think about it. Like, first off, I grew up in a single parent household, and if I was intention I was intentionally wearing baggy clothes to cover up. But when I would go cheer at games and things like that, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, none of that swayed you. You were like, no matter what, this is the end goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I've always known, even through becoming a mother as a teenager, I've always known who I was and what I loved and what I'm here to do. I think that it definitely delayed my progress, and I wasn't able to prioritize my music or my artistry because now I had real life priorities. I gotta survive now. But I've never stopped working towards my goals ever.
Speaker 1: Were there seasons where you were like literally had to step back for the season, like three months or six months.
Speaker 2: It still be like that to this day.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, you just so successful.
Speaker 2: It's still like that, like this year. Yeah, It's been like that plenty of times. But I think that's a blessing though, is to have the choice to step back and take time and dedicate to other things to prioritize other things, because sometimes you need a break from it anyway to be reinspired to love it again. Because the music industry is very hard. It's taxing mentally and physically, so sometimes you need a break. It's necessary.
Speaker 1: And what season did you end up coming out from Detroit to LA?
Speaker 2: So I started coming to LA when I was like seventeen, and I was back and forth for years. I was back and forth for a very long time.
Speaker 1: Wow, how are you coming back and forth?
Speaker 2: So I worked. I was, I was flown out by for showcases and stuff our management. But then after that I got a job at Delta Airlines in Detroit.
Speaker 1: You're a hustle. Let me just tell you something. You're a testament to like the bar what hustling but continues.
Speaker 2: So I hung on to that job for seven years literally just for the flight benefits. And they loved me so much at that job that they let me work like three hundred hours eve so I can keep my benefits because they knew what I was trying to. Like, they really support me there. Every time I go home and I fly through DTW Delta terminal.
Speaker 1: We're so proud of you. Shout out to y'all, what was your job Delta?
Speaker 2: So I started off as what was called QSA, right or what is first off? I started working at Delta when it was Northwest, honey, Okay. I was there when Delta bought out Northwest, so let's start there. But my first job with them was I would just transport kids, unaccompanied miners that were flying by themselves from gate to gate or from gate to the unaccompanied minor room.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then when Northwest bought out, when Delta brought out Northwest, they eliminated that position.
Speaker 1: I was about to ask, do they still have that?
Speaker 2: They do, but it's not that it's not called that anymore. Now they just use their gate agents to do it. But when Delta bought out Northwest, then I became just to see us, and then I was the person working the gates, like Hi, welcome to Kate A thirty four with flight from Detroit, Michigan to Miami, Florida. My name is Labrittany, and I'll be a gay agent today.
Speaker 1: I loved doing that because I.
Speaker 2: Loved so when I got to they would be like brine taking mic, pick the mic. That was my favorite part of that job. But it was crazy though. I managed to hang on to that job for as long as I because then I started to get much busier, started to work harder within my music and I was out here shooting music videos and recording and just starting to grow. And then it's like I couldn't even work my little three hundred hours there, and so.
Speaker 1: I had to That means no more benefits.
Speaker 2: That, And I was so you don't even get discounted. I don't get no no more. That girl, when you don't work for them, no more, they ain't give you.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. I got a girl that works for Delta, and I tell her all the time, sign me up.
Speaker 2: Listen that dom flight benefits honey, because it was not only me, but it was me and my whole family. So my kids was coming out here, they've been coming out here since they was their whole life.
Speaker 1: And you was fly all around the world, all around the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, I still want to I'm sorry, I still want to add Delta to my resume.
Speaker 2: I tell anybody who don't know exactly what they want to do, I say, go work at the airline. To me, is one of the best jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because then you get to see the world and really feel your footing right, and you're not paying for it.
Speaker 2: You like some of them. You may have to pay taxes on like international bits. But traveling has always been outside of music, it's my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I would totally do. I'm telling you, you're you're gonna be flying through the airport and say, Coli, what are you doing checking these bags?
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm telling you that's my favorite thing to do is to travel. Okay.
Speaker 1: So you're working at Delta, You're doing all these hustles, You're coming back and forth, you're working. This is you as a teenager. But when do you officially move.
Speaker 2: To la I got my first spot out here maybe like two thousand and seventeen, yep. And then I've had a place out here ever since. Place here in a spot at home.
Speaker 1: Oh you have both. I go to Detroit probably once a year now, and I just think anyone that comes from that environment deserves like an award really because of respect. It's for me, it's still hard to understand the landscape of one block looks like a bomb headed. There'll be two great houses on one block. There's some great nowighborhoods, But I still don't understand the dynamic of why the whole community isn't like on the same page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Detroit is building up now. It's a lot of amazing things going on in Detroit, and not to mention for that reason, Detroit is one of the best places to buy real estate. So Detroit has come up so much in the past ten years. I definitely think Detroit will once again be one of the greatest cities in America, because we already are. We just took a hit with the bankruptcy and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of great talent that comes great entrepreneurs. Speaking of entrepreneurs, you can we talk a little bit about your fashion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a clothing store. It's called Our Nation Shop. And what inspired me to turn to build an actual store. I've always been into fashion. I've always loved like dressing looking good. I always loved the soul cloths and things. But when I did my first headline and show it's called the Labrini Show at Home and detroyed, I had my merch at my show, and so my tickets sold out. Right, it's a set venue, so you only make a certain amount of money off how off your tickets. But what I didn't realize was my merch is unlimited, unlimited, and I made so much money off my merch. I'm like, hold on, Okay, that's one and then two. I'm really known for creating like really viral content on the Internet for a long time now, and so brands like Fashion Over and Pretty Little Thing, other brands will reach out to me and pay me to wearthers, and I would literally see in real timing, like when people see me wearing something, they would go buy the same thing. And you know me, I'm a hustler. I'm like, hold on, yeah, I'm making everybody else reach Let me go on and figure out how to build this out into a store. So I hired a web developer and it's just an online store. But it's really dope though, because I sell not only like my own branch is like my home brand li nation.
Speaker 1: Shop, but I also have other Nationshop dot com yep.
Speaker 2: Lie Nationshop dot com, men, women's clous dresses, all type of stuff. We've been going viral lately. We got this outfit called the Aligan Set and it's been selling out. Yeah, it'll looks so good on you too. I got to show it to you. You will like it. But yeah, I also carry like other smaller designers, they sell they brands on my store. My sister she has a brand called mother Hustler. Okay, it's so dope. She sells like these cute like crew necks that say mother Hustler. These like travel bags that's good for mothers when they travel traveling with a baby. Her brand represent the mother Hustlers.
Speaker 1: And I love that you're you guys are coming.
Speaker 2: Together, like oh yeah, yeah, that's a given. Like I'm a very I'm about my family. I'm about unity and about helping put other people on. If I learn how to succeed in something, then I'm gonna spread that knowledge to I like that.
Speaker 1: There's no haterator. I'm not gonna sit down and share with.
Speaker 2: You or y'all gonna eat, just like I will say this about you.
Speaker 1: You see how much the way you're handling taking care of my nocho is very nurturing and loving.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank you, girl. This come from making kids plays all my damn life. For real, You not onions.
Speaker 1: I'll skip the onions. I want to try the sercre the salsa. I'm scared of the jialapenos.
Speaker 2: The fresh vollopenos are so good.
Speaker 1: I almost did you jar. To be honest, that would have.
Speaker 2: Been good too, though, but I really fresh. Ye.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: See, if this wasn't eating while I broke I would have made you some homemade guacamole. Oh my gosh, so good. But you said eating when I broke a bed some hot dogs.
Speaker 1: No, thank god, you could have done guak, though, you could have done some bombaker. I get it authentic and trust me with your cooking skills. Which, by the way, guys, check out what's your Instagram handle for Brittany chef is?
Speaker 2: This is Brittany Bites.
Speaker 1: Brittany Bites b I t S. If you guys want to learn how to make some dope, really good looking dishes, that's where you go. Love Britney Bites b I tes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be cooking, cooking.
Speaker 1: What made you decide to go and open that page.
Speaker 2: Up the Brittany Bites? Actually when was this? It was during COVID, I think, and I was just like, I cook all the time. I've always cooked. I come from a family that can cook, of women that can cook. And I was like, I'm making content all type of content. Let me make some cooking content. And so the first video I made went so went viral and people are like, oh my god, we love your best up.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And so I was like, okay, let me just keep feeding the streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 2: I do it when I feel like it. I haven't been consistent as of lately because I've been like in the studio and been doing a lot of traveling as of lately. But be sure you don't want to.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try it the way you do it. By the way, this is like presentation worthy.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna chop up the hallopeen yos because you ain't about to eat one bit o Halloween.
Speaker 1: Shut ups. To Michael, he was someone chopping and dicon. I was like, I don't want her chopping and dicing.
Speaker 2: Good, thank you. I need you a sou chef when I cook.
Speaker 1: And Michael was working hard back there. He was chopping.
Speaker 2: Shout out to you, Mike.
Speaker 1: So you're lately now you're I know you're you said you're you. You haven't been able to keep it with the brittany bites as much. But let's talk about some of this music you got going on and some of the dope stuff you have coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so actually like back to like Yeah, Last Friday, I dropped a single with Salt and the Detroit Youth Choir call back to Life. It's really one of my favorite songs that I've dropped this year so far as to uplifting, empowering anthem, just talking about taking back your life because sometimes life can get tough and we can fit we feel like we have lost it or just lost sight.
Speaker 1: So do you think we can get a teaser snip it up?
Speaker 2: Back to life?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 2: I had to ask for us. Oh yeah, it's like who.
Speaker 1: Rocked the mic?
Speaker 2: We raped the mic? We in here to, we own them right vibes, living it up. It's just the right time. This is the night we take back our lives. It's like a cookout them like sort. I love her. Shout out to Salt for being a part of that record. She definitely brought that hip hop. You can hear her saying whopped them? Yeah, you feel mesion it exactly like it's just it's just such. It's such a good, feel good record. If you haven't listened to it, you should. It's actually doing really good now. I'm an independent artist. So I don't have the support of hundreds of thousands of dollars in marketing or radio and stuff like that, not yet, but this but my music does good organically or back to life has been moving the truth love it because when you make quality music, people gonna feel Yeah, you feel me, no matter how many playlists you own. Yeah, so people been rocked the wittiest all shout out to y'all.
Speaker 1: Speaking of marketing, you've do you feel like you've mastered it? Because even watching you come in here, you move different. You move yes, you set up your streams, you're very strategic, you're playing chess not checkers. You're out here to do your thing. Yeah, do you feel like you're mastering that part of the block mastered?
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I've completely mastered it because when it comes to marketing there's so many aspects. But when it comes to social media marketing.
Speaker 1: Social media marketing, I'm sorry, Yeah, definitely, but that's one of the hardest ones. To be honest, You think so, I think, so, I guess for you, you got to try I will. I'm gonna do it the way you can tell me to do it. The only reason why I think for you, you may say, oh, it's not that hard because you've God has blessed you with the viral ability on a lot of your posts and stuff. But for the rest of the world, I don't know if it's that that it comes that easy for them.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. And that's why I help people with their It's like I have artists now, I have artists and brands that where I help them shoot their content and help brand their content for them. That's something that I do in my spare time only with people that I really love and that I'm inspired by, because creating content is not as easy as it looks, or just mastering social media as a whole. It's a lot of work mentally and physically. It's a lot of creative power that goes into it, and it's a very strategic way to shoot things and how to edit things to make them go viral as well, like certain things yousould say when you are creating certain type of content. So these are skills and things that I have mastered over the past like ten years. Just my first viral piece of content was called the lo Mix, and I was shooting those when Instagram could only do fifteen second videos and yeah, and those videos were so viral. So what I do is is like a college video of me recreating in a song, and I recreate the beat using household items like or tega, oh I love that, boons and knives, pots and pants, and then I sing it and I arrange like the harmonies and the melodies or the song. So that's one. That's how I really started to grow my following, my fan base on social media. That's how a lot of the world first seeing me as an artist.
Speaker 1: And do you analyze when you're done? Do you analyze every detail about your audience in those I do.
Speaker 2: I am on my analytics page all day, paying attention to like the timing and everything, who my audience is, where they from, how old they are. I see everything all my comments. People might not think I do, because you'll be like, oh, she got so many followers and get so many likes, she ain't gonna see if I don't like it. Yes, I do. I know when you like my I know who I like it like.
Speaker 1: You'll go through that, even the light session. I love that. I love that. Now do you have a guilty pleasure, whether it's good comments or bad comments? Like I lean towards I love the bad comments. I'm weird. Most people get depressed. I'm like, oh my god, you not believe they compare me to a man this week? But do you have a favorite version of comments, like the love versus the hate?
Speaker 2: You know what it depends. I appreciate the love always way more than hate. But sometimes I do the hate comments because hate. Because people like you who love hate comments bring a lot of traction to your content. So if it's a hate content, people to come and they see the hot hate content and then they start arguing with the person engagement. Yeah, so now you're pushing my content into the algorithm more because of your hate.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, No, to all your hater it really is supportant. So I wanted to ask you also in regards to social media. I know you said you help out people that you genuinely want to support. Have you decided to open that up as also like a consulting part of your I feel like you're such a hustler you could totally do that.
Speaker 2: So I've actually been trying to my son to manage and run that really. Yeah, so right now, it's just loc I don't promote it online or anything like that because it's a lot of work, and also you it's a creative thing. You have to be inspired by that your client. So I've been working with him when he's actually really good. I do have like different producers that I work with too that I will bring on to certain jobs with me. So it is something that I'm currently working on. I've been working on it for the last couple of years, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then with your music start to bounce around. Matter of fact, let's pause, let's pause. Let's take a bite of these gorgeous nachos. Okay, let's do it. We have to do it.
Speaker 2: I have not had I haven't made these.
Speaker 1: You got to pull your hair back for this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can we eat? Can we eat? I'm trying to get everything on my nachal chip.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I wasn't really talking to you. Oh my god, Oh my god. You know how to flavor when you post your videos? Do guys go in your damns? Like, hey, do guys love it? Be like we ain gonna cook for me. I'm like, we ain't gonna build me a house. You say that because the guy ever been like, I'll buy the groceries you cook.
Speaker 2: I do not that is not gonna work for me.
Speaker 1: Yo, let me just tell you something. You seasoned the heck out of this. It's so good. And we've had the reto nachos before, but yours may have ranked up the highest. Gone, all right, it's hard to stop eating, girl, this is awesome. Yeah, trying not to eat into the mic, but we're gonna take two seconds to eat these. Man, Oh my goodness. Bread. I was gonna ask you why you don't use the salt.
Speaker 2: Cheese then cheese, because I feel like they make them too stalgy.
Speaker 1: The hollow panos are a must. Hallow panos are a must.
Speaker 2: The fresh ones.
Speaker 1: If the peppers and the meat everything comes together. The sauce makes sense, sour cream makes sense. What ingredient? Did I not add the onions? You added the onions in.
Speaker 2: Yours, but you got the onions and your meat.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of that Brooklyn Queen, she's from Detroit. She did the fried fly flower ones. Okay, and I do this on the show all the time. When a dish is really good, I'll go home and perpetrate. I'll pretend because people like I don't know, they don't like my family. Like then I'm watching the show, so it'll come over or like with my husband, I'll just drop a dish from this show. But he's smart, he'll be like, I know, that's the eating while broke dish. She can always figure out the eating while broke because it's something new, it's something new. Brooklyn had done the flower. She fried the flower tortillas. So I literally for three days straight was going home like anyone that came over a visit, I got some for you. I geta tacos. I did it. We went to Texas. I did it in Texas. I was a girl. I never did tacos before, but I was doing tacos everything over the fried flower tortillas.
Speaker 2: It's the best.
Speaker 1: And my twin was like, yo, I love them. And I just don't give no one from eating while broke credit. If I made this dish, I will never give you the credit. I will steal your shine.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 1: But I'm just gonna go to labret bites. Is it Brittany bites, the whole your Brittany bites. I'm gonna go over there, steal the recipes, perpetrate some more within no credit to you. Is that terrible?
Speaker 2: What people steal my ideas all the time when you create greatness and it's I don't even call it stealing, it you just inspired.
Speaker 1: I'm inspired, all right. It's actually like a homage of how great it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really a good thing. I literally just had this conversation with my son yesterday, really literally, I told him because he had a situation, and I said, listen, son, when you are a creator, especially a creator of genius ideas and put it out into the universe, is no longer yours and you can't. You have to learn to appreciate when people are inspired by your greatness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's technically stealing, but no, because it would be inspired if I built around it.
Speaker 2: But I don't think anything is original. I think everything has been inspired a BYT something or somebody, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll rate this dish the best dorrito nachos, the dorrito nachos the four times we had dorito nachos, yours is the best, mainly because of flavor, consistency, texture. I think everything was fresh presentation. So for everyone listening, yeah, the dorrito nachos Love Brittany nachos style, look, love nachos is the best. Nachos. Thank you, Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: What are some things that you could share to inspire other moms that kind of are going through, maybe not even teen moms, just single moms. Just think being a single moms. I had to do it for a couple of years, and I'll tell you right now, I'd rather I'll do a deal with the devil because I think it's that hard.
Speaker 2: Really not a deal with life for real.
Speaker 1: Hell no, I just think it's really hard. It's emotionally taxing on top of the balancing act, especially when your kids are getting out of school midday where you're dropping them off and you're picking them up. I tell my girlfriend, it's that the fact that you got to stop your work and then turn I call it turn into a pumpkin time. I'm about to turn into punk And once I pick up that kid, I'm a mom full time. Then I don't get to turn back into a worker until they're at school. So what advice would you give in that error.
Speaker 2: The first piece of advice I would get is never forget to take care of yourself. So it's like, even in those little down times when the baby is sleep do something for yourself that make you feel good. I know you may not even because half the time you don't feel like you don't feel like doing your hair, you don't feel like putting on no clothes, you don't feel like taking a bath, you don't feel like getting your nails done. But force yourself to do something for yourself that is gonna boost your confidence and make you feel good. Make you look because when you look good, you feel good. So take care of yourself. Because as a mother, we wake up the first thing on our mind is we gotta be the kid yep.
Speaker 1: Or I call it a subtraction. I'm like, nobody's better at subtraction than a mom, because all you're doing is take you ten minutes to go here, ten minutes, twenty minutes, twenty minutes for five minutes, and then you gotta calculate the time they get to the car and what they do in the stall of Yeah, I do numbers on if you hang out with me, I'll do this And people be like, what are you doing. I'm like, I'm counting time.
Speaker 2: So when you count in time, make sure you count some minutes to do something for yourself that's gonna make that you love that make you feel good, even if that means having to wake up an hour early before your kids get up so you can read your favorite book, so you can work out. Just do. Don't forget about yourself. Yeah, don't forget about yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I agree with you with making yourself look good, because if you notice, when you get your hair done or your now it's done, you sit differently, like let's go out to the playground, or let's go out and do any.
Speaker 2: When you got when you're looking cute in the grocery store, you walk down them ales different then when you just got on some sweats and a hoodie, you're running. But I just remember those days when my sons were younger, and it is hard you not thinking about yourself. I remember the days of wake up at six o'clock in the morning, get them, just dropped them off at school, come home. I got a couple of hours to get some work done, and then I got to pick them up from school, and then I got to take them football pratice, and I got to pick them up from football practice, and then after that I'm gonna go to the studio. I think one thing that I always did and this was unconsciously. I always did make that time for myself. Like during that era, it was me sticking to my music. Okay, okay, So it's like I would do all those mother things. I would cook dinner for them eight o'clock, got them in bed, aby nine, and then my studio session started at nine thirty.
Speaker 1: I'm out.
Speaker 2: So it was I didn't. I never saw it like that.
Speaker 1: But that's a great way to think about it too, because people would assume that taking care of yourself is just nails and hair and a bath, but you're right pursuing your dream, your passion.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow. Yeah. And now that I'm like both my sons are adults now and now that I just have time to reflect really and I do a lot of videos, escially on my TikTok. I tell women these things, like what we're talking about right now. I do get Ready with Me videos and they are very viral videos as well, where I tell women to prioritize yourself A lot of times, especially when you become a mom, is like life is all about being a mom, and yeah it is, but guess what them kids gonna grow up. And trust me, when your kids grow up, they grow up and they are their own individual seals. They are you feel me, that's the real.
Speaker 1: And when did your boys start to really separate and have their own identity for themselves?
Speaker 2: When they hit that fourteen is when it begins. When they hit sixteen is when they get real.
Speaker 1: But now you have these because I hear about boy moms right, like you have these guys that just like absolutely love you. Right, They're like they protect you to ends right.
Speaker 2: They love me. But it's always been very important for me as a mom to be a realist with my boys. And I've had no choice too, because we grew up together. It's so funny because when we aut in public, everybody think they my man, literally like they beat me. And so when we out sometimes I'd be like, y'all walk ahead of me because I ain't gonna never get a man. Ain't nobody gonna approach me if we all together. But it's funny because people look at us and they we are like a circus show to people, like what you're the mom? Oh my god, it's so funny. But yeah, they're my best friends. I love them. They taught me how to love unconditionally. They taught me to have incredible patience truly, and they taught me how to not be controlling because I learned through my kids that the only person and thing you can truly control in this world is myself. As parents, we think we can control them until they show you like please, and then you got to winness. The two different personalities too, oh yeah, because they're not. Are they the same kind of or No, they're different. I hear stories about that all the time, Like one kid comes out this way, another one it comes out different. My kids are like they mayenne and Mayaan, they night and day like, but they both equally parts and me. It's so funny because my oldest son is me and then my youngest son is me too, but it's I'm a Gemini. So it's like they're literally not even the way they look night and day.
Speaker 1: Really, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I needed that though. I needed that balance for the of them both in my life like I wouldn't. I would totally not be the libritty I am right now without them, of course, but I definitely do know just their opposite energies definitely help keep me alive. It fuels me in a way that I need in his life time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tell us a little bit more about the newest, latest musical project.
Speaker 2: So, I'm actually gearing up to release an EP. It's titled Limis. It's a couple of.
Speaker 1: Your original viral clip right, Yeah, Okay, I like that. So are is there going to be any of.
Speaker 2: The No, It's this one is called Limix. It's a combination of a couple of records that have already been released along with a couple of new records. So I'm calling it I mixed because it's like a mixtape, some old, it's some new, Like that's a mix of what you're probably already heard in the mix of what you're about to hear. I'm excited because it's the first body of work I've put out since twenty eighteen. I've been in the studio working on some really incredible music with some really incredible producers. Yeah Camper, right you, Camper produced a lot of the records that's on this project that's about to release, and I'm grateful. I'm excited. I have a great team of people I've been working with. Shout out to Gin.
Speaker 1: You keep sitting back, come closer.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Gin. She set up this interview. Oh yeah, here and my Music. It's been getting playlisted on editorial playlist, Apple Music and on Spotify, so it's just growing. I have amazing features. I'm grateful. I'm thankful. I love to create. My favorite thing to do is to be in the studio and to be on the stage. So I really can't wait to get back on the road and start doing shows and connecting with my fans.
Speaker 1: And when can we expect that? Do you have any dates lined up? Are you working that out?
Speaker 2: I'm working it out. As soon as I get them dates. I will let you know because you should pull up.
Speaker 1: I will, yes, I will, And I'll maybe bring a bag of groceries, some flower tortillas.
Speaker 2: The after party, you can make some tacos.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I'm talking. Okay, cool? And then are there any special guests outside of Cheryl being on the assault? Cheryl being on the record.
Speaker 2: You gotta listen, you gotta live this, gotta listen to see who gonna be on that record?
Speaker 1: And then are you fully managing every project from beginning to end? Now? Are you the manager artists? Are you playing every role as an independent?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I have a team that helps me with things I do oversee business, I stay involved in the business of my business, but I truly believe in building a team and trusting people to play their part and do their j and that's really what creates real success. You can't.
Speaker 1: That's burnout now being independent? Do you feel like you prefer over being scigned to a major.
Speaker 2: No, I think being independent is beautiful. Being independent is also a different form of not having all of the teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it just sucks that a lot of these major deals are so trash these days, and people are stuck in deals and not being paid what they deserve and not really seeing the success that they deserve because majors aren't being fair. But I do love the operation of a major label. They have tons of departments that's dedicated to specific tasks to help us artist be successful. So that operation is necessary if you want to see global success as an artist. So I do pray that one day I'm able to do a deal that's fair, that makes sense, where everybody eats, able to have all of those elements that truly elevate and makes my product and my music successful.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said that, because I think a lot like the New Age is like independent, independent, But I think acknowledging the importance of having an elaborate team. It's key, all right, Where can everybody keep up with Love Britney, y'all?
Speaker 2: Go? Follow me on my Instagram, my TikTok, my subscribe to my YouTube channel. Everything is my name, Love Brittany, La Brittany. It's Love Brittany, though not La Brittany. Okay, I'm from Detroit. I ain't even from La. But it's funny though, because people they'd be so shocked, Like, your name is really love I love it though it's my mama name me loved like Brittany with an apostrophe. It short does have an apostrophe, but I think it's because you see the capital L where you just keep going and a capital B, so it's separated.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But actually, now that I think about it, it makes more sense to love Brittany.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love Brandy. So yeah. Just subscribe to my YouTube, Follow me on Instagram, follow me on TikTok, follow me on twitch.
Speaker 1: I'm on everything and download guys, download download, download.
Speaker 2: Go stream run up, go buy if you can buy the music, that is more helpful to any artists you know streaming download the single, Yes, because at least, if you download the single, you're getting a dollar. If you stream it you getting zero point one cent.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's always more helpful to download and buy an artist music, but a lot of people ain't trying to buy because they are already paying streaming services a monthly fee. But either way, I appreciate whatever kind of support when it comes to my music.
Speaker 1: I love how you broke that down too, because I didn't know that, because I just honestly, you go to a streaming service, you don't see the option to really buy, You.
Speaker 2: Just click because they don't offer that option.
Speaker 1: Damn, you were educated here first. Thanks for tuning in. Peace out y'all. For more eating while broke from iHeartRadio and The Black Effect, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.