Speaker 1: Who it was a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Hey, It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and this is the second Day podcast, but every Sunday we try to give you something a little different that our show does. On this week, it's a brand new blind Love is That's where two people meet for the first time, John, I know, without ever seeing each other.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to tell you there was some highs and there were some low lows.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think you're gonna want to comment about today's for sure. Yeah, and we got two different couples on the phone too. Not to give you a spoiler, but hopefully you love it.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you.
Speaker 3: Think in the comment section. Thank you so much for being here. A Life subscribe And here we go.
Speaker 4: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. And I think the best way to describe this next segment is like, if you've ever played foot Sea in a bubbling hot tub filled with seventeen randos.
Speaker 1: WHOA, that's so specific.
Speaker 4: What do you feel like?
Speaker 1: There's like a film with something on the top of the water.
Speaker 4: Exactly Brook knows, And you don't know who's calf muscle you are caressing, whose pinky toe is sliding up your swim Trump, but you're not getting out of that chacuzzi. You're just testing the waters enjoining the rag. Yeah, that's exactly what it's like when two of our single listeners will meet for the very first time right here on our show Sight Unseen. We're gonna find out if We're gonna find out if chemistry flies underneath those roiling bubbles during a brand new Blind Love Is It's coming up right after this. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and they say true love is supposed to be unplanned and spontaneous. It should sneak up on you like a sneeze or a sudden emotional breakdown in a Wendy's parking lot.
Speaker 1: Jeffery, Okay, didn't.
Speaker 4: See this coming. Can put seven strips of baby on your Wendy's baconator? How can you even call it there?
Speaker 1: There's not a frosty big enough to cope with that.
Speaker 4: No, But today we're hoping to get that same spontaneous, highly emotional feeling during a brand new edition of Blind Love Is. Oh Yeah, where two of our single listeners will meet for the very first time right here in front of millions of our radio and podcast listeners to see if they've got ken. Now, if Sabrina Carpenter can say it, I can say yeah.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 4: Yes exactly with that. But remember, these are two people who have never seen each other before, they've never heard each other's voices, they don't even know each other's names yet.
Speaker 1: God, I bet they're nervous.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, because they've agreed to meet a total stranger for the first time at the chance of a possibility at a real love connection. So let's meet them. Their names today are Ali and Dean. We're not going to waste any more time, and we're going to put them together back away and let them talk to find out if blind truly love is all right? Ali, why don't you start and say hello to Dean? Go ahead, Hi, Dean.
Speaker 5: I love that name of you.
Speaker 2: Sound handsome already just by your name. I'm Ali. How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Good, Ali, It's great to meet you.
Speaker 6: You sound adorable.
Speaker 4: Should we call it now? I feel good about it so far.
Speaker 3: I know I thought he was going to be scared, but he was well, he was taking back, but I think he likes all right.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should let them talk a little more. Ali, do you have a question for Dean.
Speaker 2: I do I do? Okay, So if I were to go through your bedroom right now, what I find that you would have to explain?
Speaker 4: Oh oh wow, what good luck?
Speaker 1: Dean?
Speaker 7: Oh Allie? And I was doing so well.
Speaker 1: You know, he's going through his head like what could I say? What can I say?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: It's probably the mannequin leg in my closet. Okay, it's from a Halloween costume. It's it's it's a whole long story. We can get into it if we ever actually meet Allie.
Speaker 3: Little teaser, Yeah, get her, get her hooked with that leg story.
Speaker 4: Hey Deane. Okay, that was really good. Maybe do you have a question to ask back to Ali?
Speaker 7: I do Alie be honest?
Speaker 4: Okay, honest?
Speaker 6: Have you ever fake cried to get out of a speeding ticket or a relationships?
Speaker 1: It does help in your ending things.
Speaker 4: Ali.
Speaker 2: That's a really interesting because in fact, both my last relationship actually ended while I was being pulled over. So it's just like, yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: Having the conversation in the car. It's a great place to have the conversation before the.
Speaker 4: Cop with your boyfriend pulled j over and broke up with you. Remember let's not monopolize their lovely chat that they're having with you. This is their time to keep I need to me your voice. Just go ahead, you guys. Allie, you said you were crying with the police officer president. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, well I was crying because of my breakup at the same time too. But apparently they wanted to pull us over, and I cried about boasting.
Speaker 3: Just the same time.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like you were fake crying all No, she was.
Speaker 4: It was Ali. Maybe you should move on and ask your next question.
Speaker 1: Let's not linger in the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if your ex were to describe you in three words, what would those words be?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I just thought about a bunch of cuss words.
Speaker 4: Of size words.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Okay, my most recent X, she would say adorable, chaotic, and unpredictable.
Speaker 8: I like, I like the chaotic heart.
Speaker 1: That's a stream flag for you, interesting.
Speaker 4: Dean, anything that you'd like to toss back Ali's way?
Speaker 6: Okay, Ali, have you ever faked anything on a date?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's wondering about fake it projecting from something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Al, I did I think twisted my ankle once because I pretended to like hiking.
Speaker 1: That's like an emergency exit plan. Wait did you fake it so?
Speaker 8: Why so we could have brunch instead? Dean likes that, okay, yeah, and nothing harmful, just harmless.
Speaker 2: Little fake.
Speaker 1: See that's a chaotic, unpredictable characteristic.
Speaker 4: Right, Let's let's bring the music down. We're gonna put Dean and Ali both on hold for a second. But honestly, this might be the first time that we don't even have to ask if there's chemistry between these two. Everyone's smiling.
Speaker 3: It sounds like they've met before. Yeah, I mean, it really does.
Speaker 4: It's possible they are brother and sister. Oh, which we know. You can't say no true love and all of its forms. Let's not be judgment.
Speaker 3: Can we ask before they want to go out of their brother and sister nocause she's afraid of the chaotic WO voices and sister.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guys, let's bring both of them back up. Let's bring Ali and Dean on. Normally, we would do two segments with this, where we'd ask the listeners to text into seven eight, five, nine two and tell us if they thought you guys had a spark, if they wanted to hear you guys talk more. I don't think we even need to go unless you feel differently and you're not sure about each other. Ali, would you like to Hey, he's going for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I won't say either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a promise.
Speaker 4: You can't go back on that. We're going to hold you to that. But congratulations. Here, we're gonna set you guys up off of the air and may sure you stay in touch with us and let us know how the first meet up goes. Yeah, you guys, okay. So we're gonna ship Ali and Dean off to go on there forever journey together, and we're gonna get a brand Yeah, this is it. This is binding forever. So we're gonna get a brand new couple to come on and test out their spark when we continue Part two of Blind Love Is. It's coming up right.
Speaker 1: After this, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Today. We today we could make radio history. Wow because for the first time we have the chance to successfully match not one, but two separate couples during Blind Love Is.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you put this music under anything and it does sound heroic.
Speaker 4: I feel inspired. Yes, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, because if you missed it, mere minutes ago, we set up two of our listeners, Ali and.
Speaker 1: Dean did and they were honestly so cute.
Speaker 4: They had such strong chemistry during their conversation they practically conceived over the phone, which is exactly how we want these segments, so exactly how conception works.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now we've got two brand new listeners who again have never seen or heard each other before this call. They've agreed to meet for the very first time right here on the show to find out if blind truly Love is and their names are Kevin and Stephanie. Before we really get into it, Kevin, go ahead and introduce yourself to your possible forever match.
Speaker 1: Wow, no pressure.
Speaker 9: Hi, my name is Kevin.
Speaker 7: It's nice to meet you.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to this.
Speaker 5: Hey, Stephanie, my friend told me to do this, so I don't know if she'll be my friend after this.
Speaker 3: Oh she's honest, very honest.
Speaker 4: Okay, before we really get into it, we're gonna step back let you two get to know each other. Stephanie. Apparently you've prepared some questions with our producer, So why don't you go ahead and start things off for us?
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead, Okay, Kevin, If we ended up living together. What is the weirdest thing that I would catch you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh god, oh let's see.
Speaker 9: Gosh, I'm not that weird. I'm really really kind of just like a normal guy. So they said, probably probably talking to my plants and like apologizing if I forget to water them.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, you say, Okay, Stephane, you're there right, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 4: What do you think about his plant stuff? It's kind of cool, like a plant daddy.
Speaker 5: I know it's kind of sad if he like kills his plants.
Speaker 4: Well, he's apologizing, he's remorseful about it.
Speaker 1: We all done that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Never, I've never killed a plant.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, Kevin, mate, maybe you should ask a question to Stephanie. Maybe that would get the conversation going.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, yeah, cool, Okay, Stephanie, be honest, if we went to Ikea, would you actually help me around the store or would you just like fake an injury halfway through to get out of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's funny.
Speaker 5: I'm going to pass on that question. Can I get a better one?
Speaker 4: You can't pass on that, Ofanie?
Speaker 1: Is that how it works?
Speaker 3: Even talking about Ikea starts fights?
Speaker 5: Okay, well I did pass. I want a new question.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know if anyone's ever passed on a question before.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can question Stephanie Kevin.
Speaker 4: Do you do you have a different question? Uh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, yes I do.
Speaker 4: Maybe ask what she wants to be asked.
Speaker 9: Okay, hopefully this is it. Stephanie, would you rather have a pet snake or a pet boyfriend who shed like a snake?
Speaker 1: Look his old skin still in the bed.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm that wasn't like a real question. I'm joking.
Speaker 1: Kind that was a fun question. Stand by it your good energy.
Speaker 5: I mean he said it wasn't a real question.
Speaker 1: So oh so fun.
Speaker 4: Boyfriend snake? So Stephane, your your friend told you to do this to come on our show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's not going well. Can we just like sit in silence for twenty seconds?
Speaker 4: Sit in silence radio? Yeah, that's not really happened. Okay, maybe if that's what Stephanie Ashman, can you let's bring the music down for twenty seconds of interrupted.
Speaker 1: To do what she asked? Jeff, what are you?
Speaker 4: She's scaring me a little bit, Brookes. What woman doesn't I'm just trying to make her happen.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Would you volunteer to be on a radio show and then asked to just sit in silence?
Speaker 5: Let's just give her a change now, I didn't volunteer, to be honest, I told you that my friend made me do it.
Speaker 4: She made like, Okay, I think silence achieved.
Speaker 3: That wasn't even a full second. Jeffrey, if you sat, you couldn't do it. It is so uncomfortable twenty seconds.
Speaker 4: I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: I want you to ask if Kevin is even interested in this book at this point in person.
Speaker 5: On Yeah, I'd like to be paired with a different guy.
Speaker 3: We know exactly what I meant, Keviny we met a different person for Kevin.
Speaker 4: Because Kevin seems interested in actually trying to match with somebody. You just seem like you're bothered being on the phone with that immediately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he had good questions, I would have been interested. But all of the questions were bad. Oh I'm not interested in have okay, Kevin.
Speaker 4: Do you want to apologize for having bad questions? I'm so sorry for Kevin.
Speaker 7: Don't.
Speaker 4: Actually I should have thought of better questions.
Speaker 1: You came up with the questions with our producer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were good.
Speaker 9: Well, I was fifty percent of the producer is fifty percent, So I don't know how much we want to split the responsibility for the poor quality of the questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you're a nice guy. I don't think that's a problem here. You like that.
Speaker 4: I feel like you and me should hang out sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and I have a lot.
Speaker 4: To talk about.
Speaker 7: Do you like snakes?
Speaker 1: Do you like snakes?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 4: Weirdly, that's not the first time a guy has asked me that. Yeah, but we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: Why is it not the first time we've witnessed a guy asking you that kind of.
Speaker 4: What it is about me?
Speaker 5: Well, I do like that, he apologized, But I'm.
Speaker 1: You're still not interested.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Jefinitely could have kept the cute couple on the phone.
Speaker 4: Gods sakes, Well, this was still a fun experiment. Should we even should we have people text into seven eight five nine too if they feel the chemistry happening between Kevin and Stephanie.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to force even though Stephanie has blatantly.
Speaker 4: Said she's willing to do pretty much whatever her friends tell her, and maybe what our listeners say too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so can I get a new guy?
Speaker 4: Or okay, you know what, We're gonna work on that for you, Stephanie. I'm gonna find a bunch of guys for you.
Speaker 9: That's okay, we'll find the right one eventually.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't want it to end like this on this note.
Speaker 1: Well I don't know how to solve it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we don't really have time to bring on two new callers. So maybe Ashton just cue the romantic music one more time and let's see if Jose can sweet talk Brook into buying him lunch today. Actually, Brook, remember we were drunk in Vegas and I bought you dinner.
Speaker 1: No, we're blacked out.
Speaker 4: Of course you don't remember.
Speaker 1: But I have a bill from like two three years ago, and this is this.
Speaker 4: Is more, this is more blackmailing her. Oh Brook, I really like the color of your shirt today.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I appreciate that about.
Speaker 4: Her glowing personality.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to order for Jose, who always orders fifteen dollars of extra add ons to every does he gets a coo.
Speaker 9: And quin wan.
Speaker 4: Everything doesn't mean that I should be judged.
Speaker 1: By Seriously, you're so extra.
Speaker 3: I'm a health this is not going well, jeff she couldn't buy melun.
Speaker 4: You guys kind of do already sound like the married couples naturally. I call it a successful end to blind love Lunch for everybody. Text in the seven eighty five nine too, if you want up here on the next edition, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.