Speaker 1: Coming up next our final News Roundup and Information Overload Hour.
Speaker 2: I News round Up, Information Overload Hour toll free this Friday, you'd say eight hundred and nine point one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. Twenty five days till Election Day. Early voting now going on all around the country. As a public service on Hannity dot com, we have every state how to register when early voting starts, when early voting stops, and you can learn a lot. Also have the Kamala files as a public service, the Walls files as a public service at is Kamala and Tim Walls in their own words, their own radicalism, so you can be as informed a voter as possible. Now, Kamala has talked an awful lot recently about being a gun owner, and you know she's been brought What kind of gun do you have? I have a glock. Have you fired it? Of course I fired it. Listen, you recently surprised people when you said that you are a gun owner, and then if someone.
Speaker 3: Came into your house, not the first time I shot it. That's not the first time I've talked about it.
Speaker 2: So what kind of gun do you own?
Speaker 4: And when? And why did you get it?
Speaker 3: I have a clock and I've had it for quite some time, and I mean, look belt, my background is in law enforcement, and so there you go.
Speaker 5: Have you ever fired it?
Speaker 3: Yes, of course I have at a shooting range. Yes of course I have.
Speaker 2: And then she warns intruders. If somebody breaks into her house, they're getting shot. I thought liberals are against stand your ground rules and laws.
Speaker 4: Does God know that.
Speaker 3: House a getting shot?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I hear that.
Speaker 1: I hear that.
Speaker 3: Probably should not have said that, but my will deal with that later.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, if you want to believe that this is the person that also and I have a cut of this. You know, she in her own words, it's part of our Kamala Files series, if you will, had talked about a mandatory gun buyback program. Now I'm not making it up because she said it, and she said it in her own words. Listen, what would you do about the millions of specifically assault weapons that are already in circulation.
Speaker 5: What do you do about those?
Speaker 7: Well, there are approximately five million.
Speaker 3: To your point, Craig, we have to have a buyback program. And I support a mandatory buyback program. That's got to be smart. We got to do it the right way.
Speaker 2: And she has vigorously championed gun control for years as the San Francisco DA. She stated, quote, just because you legally possess a gun, and we have this tape, I'll play it. Just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your life locked home, does it mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check and see if you are being responsible. I thought we had something called the Constitution. I thought that constitution talked at length about unreasonable search and seizure that would seem unconstitutional to me. Here's what she said.
Speaker 7: So this is about just basically saying that we're going to require responsible behaviors among everybody in the community, and just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your locked home doesn't mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check to see if you're being responsible and safe and the way you conduct your affair.
Speaker 2: Joining us now, John Lote, president of the Crime Prevention Research Center, who wrote this article, mister Lot, doctor Lott, welcome back to the program, sir.
Speaker 5: How are you doing great? Thanks for having me on Sean, Like all of.
Speaker 2: Her radical positions. I don't believe in this this conversion that she's trying to portray, you know, this election year conversion as we call it. I think the real Kamala Harris has been the one that supports the mandatory gun buyback program, the one that doesn't believe that you need a search warrant and feels she has the right to go in and check on your guns, which would also imply some type of registry of guns. And the Kamala Harris has been so anti gun her entire adult life.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I mean it kind of miss nowhere even use the term buyback because it's not like the government owned those guns to begin with. She just wants to be able to confiscate them, as you said. But look, the bottom line is that for decades she has enthusiastically supported the strictest gun dance. You go back to two thousand and eight, for example, she put it in a Meekus brief before the Supreme Court when they were considering the Heller case, arguing that there was no individual right to self defense, that the government could completely ban all handguns, or an entire category of guns, or all guns if the government wanted to go and do that. So, I mean she's consistently said it, and again you can get clips from her at that time, enthusiastically saying that the government had the power to go and ban guns. So it's not just the statements during the twenty twenty presidential campaign, but beyond that, she's been the point person for gun control efforts in the Buying administration. Bien set up something called the Office of Gun Violence Protection, which he put her in charge of, and it's pushed all sorts of gun control laws. During the Buying administration, which has been the most anti self defense president that we've ever had. They've done things like shut down literally thousands of gun dealers for minor trivial paperwork mistakes. They'll go back and look seventeen eighteen years ago to see whether you have one typo by transposing two letters in a word. They've renewed Obama's Operation Choke Point, which cuts out financial resources for gun makers and a gun dealers, raising costs and putting others out of business. The buy An administrations also established the National Gun Registry. As of a couple of years ago, they had computerized data on almost one billion transactions over many decades of people's purchases, legal purchases of guns. And so now when they talk about things like confiscating guns, now that they've put together this national registry, it'll be a lot easier for them to go and know whose guns they want to go and take, who owns the guns that they want to take away.
Speaker 2: When you talk about more guns less crime, anytime any liberal hears that, their heads explode. But the reality is you base it on statistics and science, and you make your case. I know you've gone around the country and you've had debate debate after debate after debate with liberal activists that are antisecond Amendment, and then you give them these facts, and then they tend to react emotionally to them. What are the facts when you say more guns result in less crime?
Speaker 5: Explain that, Well, there are lots of different types of information. I'll just give you one very simple fact, and that is around the world, not just in the United States and places like Chicago and Washington, DC, we've seen bams on guns. If the claim on the other side is correct, you should see drops and murder rates and drops and violent crimes. When you have, let's say, a complete ban on handguns. And yet every single time there's been either a ban on all guns or all handguns any place in the world, murder rates have gone up, often by very large amounts. And you know, you think got randomness, at least once or twice it would go down, and yet every time it's gone up. And there's a simple reason for them. That is, when you go in to ban guns, it's the most law abiding good citizens who obey the ban, not the criminals. And even if you take a few guns away from the criminals, if you're primarily disarming law abiding good citizens, you make it easier for criminals to go and commit crimes. But we've seen this in many cases. You know, we have all the states now that are supposed to be issuing concealed carry permits. When those laws got passed time after time, gun control advocates were claiming that crime would increase, that the permit holders would be going in committing crimes. And yet six months or a year after these laws get into effect in a state, there's no discussion about it anymore. And the reason is simple is because they know that the predictions that they were making didn't come true. No state that's adopted a right to carry law or constitutional carry law, had even had a vote on rescinding those laws. Even when you have Democrats take over the state legislatures after those laws have gotten passed, you would think if there was actual evidence in those states that it had accomplished the opposite of what the proponents were claiming, you would have seen at least votes on it, even if they couldn't muster enough support to get it passed. But they knew that there was no support because the claims that they were making just didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: We continue now with doctor President John Lott of the Crime Prevention Center. Kamala Harris, now all of a sudden has found a love for the Second Amendment, which he has never showed throughout a career. Is it real? I have more than my doubts. Let's talk about you know, what are the options of people if they don't have that? Now, there is new technology that I have to be very fond of, but it is it's a non lethal option called burner. I'm I don't know if you're familiar with the technology, but I happen to be very fond of it and it's part of my overall personal safety and security plan that I have. But I've had a license to carry in New York, Rhode Island, California, Alabama, Georgia, and I have a license to carry in Florida. I've carried a weapon my entire adult life. And I got trained in this safe use of a firearm when I was young. My mom was a prison guard and she had a revolver in the house. They didn't have lock boxes like they do today and fingerprints safes like they do today, and they wanted to make sure that I was familiar with it and familiar with the safety procedures. And it also created a passion at a very young age for me. And I tell anybody that calls me, you know, they'll say, hen, any, what kind of weapon do you recommend for self defense? I said, well, I said, probably a shotgun is going to be the most effective if God forbid, somebody breaks into your home or business. I said, but whatever weapon you are considering, get trained in the proper use, safe and safety of it before you ever go near it. And I take safety. It was a top priority of my life from day one, and it should be for everybody else. And you know, one of the things I know about gun owners is they're willing to help people learn gun safety. And a lot of these groups out there, like the usccaight, they teach gun safety and situational self defense, and one of the most important things that teach people is how to talk your way out of it and get out of the situation without an incident.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean, we've had this huge increase in violent crime during the Biden administration. The Bureau of Justice Statistics shows that with total violent crime has increased fifty five percent during the buy An administration. We've had a forty two percent increase in rapes, a sixty three percent increase in armed robbery, We've had a fifty five percent increase in aggravated assaults. There's never been in the fifty years that the Bureau of Justice Statistics has been putting the data together on total violent crimes, there's never been such a large percentage increase over three years. The largest previous increase was in two thousand and six, where it was twenty seven percent. So this is this increase under Biding is more than twice as large as the largest previous percentage increase that we've ever had. And even the FBI people going point to the FBI data on reported violent crime. Even the FBI has gone back and revised its earlier data, so rather than a drop in violent crime that they initially claimed for twenty twenty two, actually shows an increase in reported violent crime now saying that they missed about eighty thousand violent crimes that they had and included in their initial calculations that were But look, if my research convinces me of anything, there's basically two groups of people who benefit the most from being able to go and own guns. The people are the most likely victims of violent crime, and that overwhelming tends to be poor blacks who live in high crime urban areas. Democrats claim that they care about minorities, that they care about the poor, and yet who do they think get hurt by cutting police budgets and by having prosecutors who don't prosecute violent criminals. The other group of people who benefit the most are people who are relatively weaker physically, women and the elderly. They are almost always talking about a young male criminal doing the attack, and when a man is attacking a woman or an elderly person, there's a lot larger strength difference that exists. There than when a man is attacking another man, and the presence of a gun represents by far the biggest change in those people's ability to go and protect themselves. The thing is the vast majority of time that people use guns defensively, but ninety five percent of the time, simply brandishing a gun it's sufficient to cause a criminal to go and break off of it's tack. And it's one reason why the media often doesn't cover this. It's not newsworthy to go and say, well, woman's brandished a gun. Would be criminals run away, no shots are fired, You're not even sure what crime would have been committed. You know, they're much more likely to cover a dead body on the ground than somebody who's simply brandished a gun.
Speaker 2: I've got a run, but I've urged people if you haven't read More Guns Less Crime, which was the original book of John Lott, it is well worth reading. You're going to learn a lot and actually statistics and science matter. Oh follow the science. Didn't we hear that over and over again at one point John Lott, thank you appreciate you being with us. I believe the old Kamala, not the oh I have a block and I'll shoot you if you're breaking of my house. Barking every day to remember the forgotten man.
Speaker 5: This is the Seananity Show.
Speaker 2: HI twenty five. Now to the top of the hour. NYPD officer Jonathan Diller's tragic, shocking story did make national headlines. It was during a traffic stop Jonathan was shot. He was killed by a career criminal. Now, throughout his three years of service, Jonathan made more than seventy rests. He was awarded for his excellent police duty on several occasions. He was only thirty one years old. He left behind his wife, Stephanie, his one year old son Ryan, and of course his brothers and sisters in the NYPD family. At his funeral, his wife Stephanie called Jonathan's death devastating senseless. He said, my husband died a hero, but he also lived as one. Now for this family, nothing will ever ever replace the loss of a husband and a father. And thanks to the kindness and generosity of people like you in this audience, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation was able to pay off the mortgage of the Dialer family home. Now we can help heroes like Jonathan and their families, and if you can join us, here at Team Hannity. Commit to eleven dollars a month and donate. Just go to their website the letter T the number two, the letter T dot org. The letter T the number two the letter T dot org for the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. I don't know if you saw Alejandro Majorcis, the Department of Homeland Security secretary, he wouldn't even answer Jackie Heinrich's question on a possible terrorist plot. Now we do know this among the twelve and a half million whatever the number is now unvetted Harris Biden illegals. Well, we know that there are people that have murdered dozens of Americans. We know that there have been people used of raping dozens of Americans, including children. We know that other Americans have been victims of very violent crime, including police officers in Times Square, New York. And we know that there are gang members that have gotten into this country, Bartel members in this country. You know, see what's happening in Chicago, New York, but also small towns. It's all it's spread out around the country. We see you know what has happened as a result of these open border policies. You have people from over one hundred and eighty countries. They have allowed in unvetted and from countries like Iran and Syria and Egypt and Afghanistan and Venezuela, and tens and tens of thousands from China and Russia. And you have to ask yourself, well, are all these people coming here because they want a better life? I tend to think not. And we have created a national security disaster. And to quote Reverend Wright, America's chickens, we'll come home to roost sadly, probably sooner rather than later. I pray to God I'm wrong, but I know I'm not wrong. It is inevitable. We now know that there are Iranian assassination squads in this country as we speak, and their goal is to assassinate Donald Trump. Alejandro may Orcus who went out there and repeatedly lied and said the border was closed and the border secure, just like Kamala lied, just like Joe lied. Was like all the administration lied, you know, And now we won't even answer a question about a possible terrorist plot that was discovered this week. Listen to this exchange.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was your secretary, But we're getting conflicting answers from your agency. And from the State Department about a man who was arrested for an.
Speaker 4: Elation and day terror plot. How do you not have those answers prepared?
Speaker 6: Oh, Jackie, that's not what I said. What I said is I'd be pleased to discuss this issue at a different time, but I am here to speak about disasters that have impacted people's lives in real time, and that is a subject that I'm addressing.
Speaker 8: Mister secretary, Can you assure people that appropriate steps have been taken to secure the country against these kinds of threats, because the outstanding question is whether this man was radicalized before the US government brought here, come here, or afterward, and people.
Speaker 6: Should be concerned walking at Jackie, Jackie, your persistence in questioning can be matched by my persistence and answers.
Speaker 2: You know, it's really unbelievable to me. We're dealing with disasters in real time. Let's deal with that part of that answer. In real time. You got to be kidding me, because in real time, that would have been two weeks ago on Friday, and that would have been in North Carolina, and that would have been in South Carolina and Tennessee and Georgia and Florida, and that didn't happen. And then he was the guy six days later saying, oh, yeah, we're running out of hurricane relief money at FEMA. And then if you dared to report that you're lying about relief funds, well it's your Secretary of Homeland Security that said it. And then we discovered on FEMA's own website, not only their top goals. Top goal number one is diversity equity inclusion. Goal number two deals with climate alarmism. And then a billion dollars that were depleted from FEMA funds emergency funds that are put aside for Americans that are victims of hurricanes like Helleen. And now we have Milton down in Florida, and that they gave that money to Harris Biden on vetted I legal immigrants. You can't even make this up. Robin is in South Carolina. Hey, Robin, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Sean. My question is it's getting really cold in the mountains right. Everybody's asked for heaters and warm clothes for people. FEMA most of the time will bring in trailers. They used to bring in mobile homes, now they bring in little RVs. These things, and I know this for a fact, can be rigged up under a helicopter with spreader bars and dropped anywhere up there. They have propane stoves, propane heat. These people would have proper housing.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Earlier this week, I don't know if you heard the interview we had with Operationhelo dot Org for the government didn't send in the helicopters. The helicopters that were reaching people in the remote areas of North Carolina. They were donated by helicopter owners, they were flown by volunteers. Operationhelo dot Org ended up paying for their own gas to run the helicopters, and they were providing necessary you know, food, water supplies, and also bringing people the safety because the government was nowhere to be found. Now, up till the end of last week, I haven't got an update on it. They'd only spend four million dollars in relief and they were missing in action and remained frankly missing in action helping the people in North Carolina and Georgia and South Carolina where you are in Tennessee and Florida, and it's it's beyond pathetic. And now they're saying that if you dare criticize them, that you're being mean and dangerous. I'm like, no, we're just telling the truth about the fact that you this is the worst hurricane response in the history of the country.
Speaker 4: And that's why I'm wondering why in the world they're not getting housing to the I mean, people have lost their entire homes, so they're what in a tent, maybe in a shelter, you know, drop some of the little RVs in there for current out loud. Have sympathy to these people.
Speaker 2: I do understand that there are people in shelters. I do understand that, you know, groups like samaritanspers dot org have done a great job making sure that people have the clothes that you're talking about, the food, the water that is needed and necessary. But this is a massive undertaking, you know, every government resource. And I've gone through all the money we spend on all these foreign countries and all these globalist organizations, and I'm just telling you, you know, it's like we put Americans last and Americans should be first. Yep, that's what's at stake in twenty five days. Appreciate the call. Thank you, Robin. You have a great weekend. Let's go to David in Pennsylvania. What's up, David.
Speaker 5: How are you? Hey, mister Andy.
Speaker 1: I know your time's valuable, so keep this concise. Really appreciate you taking my call. I'm actually not sure how you or your audience will react to this, but I kind of wanted to phone in and let you know that there's a lot of folks just like me that aren't typically represented in traditional right wing demographics. I'm not only a registered independent who's voted for left wing folks in the past. I'm an atheist, and there's a growing number of us that have just are no longer voting Democrat. We're not only voting Republican, but we're pretty enthusiastic about it. And now we're listening to your show. I bring this to you simply because we've all seen this really radical departure from maybe a difference in depinion on funding of education from Democrats to these really radical positions. I mean, I could expatiate on them. I know that you don't need me to, but if you think about these absent on economic policies that anybody with maybe a middle school exposure to history or basic mathematics but understand just can't work. Soviet era price controls that even major groups like the World Bank have indicated are obviously going to be a disaster, releasing violent criminals and actively encouraging social disorder. You don't need me to expatiate on them. In fact, you pontificate on them very very very well. What I wanted to say is that me and my friends again wouldn't traditionally be understood to be republican quote unquote. Again, I am an atheist, but we all are identifying that there's a common thread in these belief systems, or a common thread that exists in these policies, and they just stem from a hatred of the American way of life. They're rooting for the terrorists, they hate our meritocracies. These are beliefs that are these wolk ideologies that believe that people should not be judged by the content of their character, but instead by this hierarchy of privilege that dictated by immutable properties like your race or your gender. It's insane. Again, I'm not traditionally represented in somebody that you would think might call the show or listen to this show, but there's a lot of us now. I think the left wing has tried to claim it this for a long time, and I don't really think that that's true, especially now we're voting Republican and like I said, we're pretty enthusiastic about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad to hear that. I mean, obviously I don't agree with everything that you're saying. You obviously are very You've done a lot of homework, a lot of research. You're very articulate, you have a lot to say. You're very passionate, and that comes through. I would love to have the conversation with you about being an atheist one day after the election, because it would be I think, I think, intellectually stimulating for our audience to hear it, because I would argue that if you're an atheist, that you have to believe that something can come from nothing. And as a person of faith, I just have different views than you. But I respect the fact that you live in a country where you know, we can have these different views and different beliefs. And you know what, I respect your choice. You have the ability to choose, you know, whether you want to be a person of faith or not. You obviously have thought through it in a big way. I'm not surprised at all because what you're telling me without saying it this way, is that you're voting for your own best interests. What you're saying is you are voting for policies that you know are better than what else is being offered. That's what you're really telling me. And I think you're also telling me that things were a lot better off four years ago than they are today. That's what I'm hearing from you.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely correct, mister Handy. You know, I would go so far as to say I would ask this question, what is the purpose of the Democratic Party. Is the purpose of the party to reflect views that maybe capture those that exist outside of their opposition so that we could have a greater political discourse, or do they exist to simply expand the power of the Democratic Party at the cost of undermining American democracy. Because there's one side that's engaging in lawfare. There's one side that is talking about removing secret Service protections from presidential candidates up until the point until they get shot, and then are coming on social media and indicating now, I wish that he had better aim, I wish somebody shot to the president. You know, there's one side that's consistently doing things like this, and it's not you, Sean, it's not Republicans. And I again, I remember part of the reason I called you is because I remember about eleven years ago you had David Silverman on your show, who was the president of American Atheist. I agree more with you than I did with him. I also remember that you used to do a show with Alan Combs. And I consistently see, even amongst somebody like Sean Hannity, who is renowned for being a right wing person, this is an individual who's not only willing to discuss differences of opinion, but was willing to do so respectfully with somebody like Alan Combs's appointment even hosts a show with him. I don't see that from left wing folks. I don't see that. Again. I see this pretty much radical departure from people who just they simply don't want the foundational principles that make America a great country to live in.
Speaker 2: And again, what I listen. I love robust debate. I love debating smart people, and if you make a good point, I'll acknowledge that you make a good point. I have no problem. I don't have the answers to everything, and I try to stay humble in my life and believe, you know, and not force my beliefs on other peoples as strongly as I know that in my heart that these policies, that if they were ever implemented, would hurt our country. I really believe that with all my heart, mind, body and soul. Now, with that said, my invitation for you and if you want, we'll hang on to your number, we'll call you back, is if you want after the election, because I just I have to be laser focused for the next twenty five days. But if you'd like, I'd love to have you on after the election and we can discuss your atheism and why I believe in what I believe. I've had debates with agnostics, with atheists like yourself, and you know, I find them fascinating because my belief in something, you know, a god that created the universe, is so I'm so passionate it. I would you would give me your passion of you, I'll give mine and then I don't think i'll convince you, but I think I'll give you something to think about. But I do have to run. I'm glad you're out there. I'm glad you're listening. My friend, God bless you have a great weekend and we appreciate you being with us. Sean, It's got more behind the scenes information, more contacts than anybody, more friends behind the curtains. Sean Hannity is aw
Speaker 6: On