Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed.
Speaker 2: It's spooky.
Speaker 1: Heyoky, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming, it's way Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Hell, I'm Costa.
Speaker 1: Hiros Jess, Hey boo, it's me Roz. How are you.
Speaker 2: Good? Me too?
Speaker 1: I'm doing alright. I had a pretty good week. I walked around Burbank and I love Burbank. I mean, no shade to any other place in Los Angeles, but I think Burbank is my favorite part of Los Angeles. And it's go up on this podcast before because I absolutely love the spooky stores. You know, there's like horror memorabilia stores, there's the Mystic Museum. There's so many just funky, cool, super unique small businesses in Burbank and they're hanging in there and I try to support as much as I can. And I walked around some different places and I made a video so you can go watch that on my first tier on Patreon, Patreon dot com, slash Raws Dress Falase. But other than that, I talked to Curly the Lasquez, who will be my guest on this episode, and Curly so Curly is one of these people that you may know from BuzzFeed, particularly the LATINX version of BuzzFeed or what's the word I'm looking for. The channel on BuzzFeed called pedro Like and they are wonderful, lots of great Latin content. And Curly was also on Vida, which was a TV show that I absolutely that was on the Stars Network. And I don't know Curly, and you may have noticed that pretty much everyone I know has been on this podcast so far. And I haven't been like working and being around people, so I kind of forget who I know, and I haven't I just haven't like seen people, and so I've just been like reaching out to people that I think are super cool and that I want to talk to, reach out to Curly. Curly came on. Turns out he's got some great stories, also a very spiritual person, and we talk about some cultural stuff. We talk about duendes, which are in Latin cultures. Duende's are like these little like troll goblin creatures, and so we'll talk about that. We'll talk about la Erna, and Curly's actually done some ghost hunting on BuzzFeed and with the US feed Unsolved guys. And if you just go to YouTube and you type in pero like or BuzzFeed. There's a great one where they go to this historic hotel, the Congress Hotel in Arizona. They go to a Mexican restaurant in Los Angeles that's historic and haunted, and they go to the Queen Mary. I mean, there's like a ton of like super fun they're all really funny people too, so it's just it's a good time. So check that out and on Patreon this week my bonus clip with Curly. We're talking about past lives and also out of body experiences, which I'm always down to talk about, and Curly has had out of body experiences, and Curly has also attempted to visit some past lives, which maybe is this Like, you know, I've been thinking so much in this past year, but I was thinking about past lives and I was like, man, one of these days we are going to be somebody's past live. Like I don't even like smoke wheed or anything, but I was just like sitting here, and I'm like, that is kind of true.
Speaker 2: You know, like.
Speaker 1: Assuming that the world exists, there's people are going to be in like you know, fifty years, one hundred years, well however long they're gonna go to like a psychic and they're gonna be like, Okay, your past life regression and what are they gonna say? What are they gonna say about you? That that's something? Is this a T shirt? I don't know, it's something. I'm keeping my wheels churning. Listen, guys, it's been almost a year. I'm trying to stay trying to keep the old the old gears turning here. Anyway, so check that out. I'm Patreon, check me out on stereo. There's a link in the description of this podcast for all of that stuff. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed this conversation with Curly Velasquez. I'm with the show. Hello Curly, how.
Speaker 2: Are you hiz? I'm great. I'm so excited to be here with you today. This is so exciting. We're talking about one of my favorite things in the world, ghosts and all this crazy like supernatural stuff. So I'm so stoked. I like annoy the shit out of my boyfriend every day, and I actually scare him and we fight because he doesn't let me talk about these things. So I'm so excited to do this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, you came to the right place. I was actually I mean, I follow you on social media and I just saw that you posted asking people if they believe in mermaids or if mermaids what prompted that?
Speaker 2: You know? I have a friend. I love her. She's a psychic. She is a Tara reader. She's been very accurate in my life. She okay, a little bit more of sorry. I have had this dream life of drowning in a tidal wave. And it started because I had this dream when I was younger, like eleven, where I was like on the shore at this beach. There were three white pyramids behind me, but we were like in a jungle, and then there was like an explosion and I was like, oh, I was with my friend, who was a guy in the dream but as a girl in this life, and I was like, oh my god. I like, I was like, don't worry, Like whatever's happening is happening on mam, Like people are dying on map, but not here in ocean. But we turned around, there was a huge wave. We drowned. There was a person in my dream that was like, if you want to come back, you need to pick up your friend's body and put him on top of the shield, right, And I didn't want to do it. The body appeared, I came back and I posted about that because I wanted to hear about past lives. And my friend was like, you know, that's your past life in Loamuria, La Maria, la Mauria. I don't know, I never have to say it. And she which is like another like version of like Atlantis, like another lost civilization for people who don't know, And she was like and then we turned into Mermaids, and I was like, you had me up until Mermaids, you know what I mean. Like, And it's really funny because as much as I believe as much of like yes Maria Atlantis, Yes, spirits and ghosts, I'm like, you were a mermaid in a past life. Like I believe anything, I believe, You're like I was a cow and a past life, I was a gerbil, I was a cricket. But I but there's a certain limit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's possible. Now this show we typically talk about like ghosts and psychics and that kind of paranormal stuff, but obviously it's a broader conversation and you could start talking about what they call cryptids, you know, like Lacus Monster bigfoot, and I think, you know, some people believe that mermaids can be a part of that, you know, like I personally, and I personally believe like that. I like, who am I to say? What does and doesn't exists? Especially when you talk about the ocean, Like what the fuck is going on in the ocean? Like there's so many things.
Speaker 2: I love my friend so hard. I love her so hard that if she says she's a mermaid, I believe she's a mermaid and I will fight for her. And I believe that, you know, and I agree. The ocean is so deep, it is so like who are we? Who are we to say this little little like creature, this little hairy, sweaty creature that lives in the middle of La County? What do I know? What that's about? It with the ocean? You know?
Speaker 1: Now, But that's the thing, like, if you're a mermaid, are you the top half human or the top half fish? You know, we always see the top half human and the bottom happ of fish. You could be a fish head with human legs.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: I think about that enough. With my luck, that would be me.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, Lord, I'm a mermaid, and then I'm like, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to be specific about.
Speaker 2: That, I'm a fishhead.
Speaker 1: I would be so mad, like so serving that fish mama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a ready, I'm mad at private parts anyways. Like I hate vaginas and I hate dix. I'm always like, I don't hate them, but I always think like, oh, I wish that the Lord would have brought me in during the design of these things, Like I would have been like, let's go with something different, Let's let's design these a little different. Yeah, So if I ended up being with a fishhead with a fucking human bottom half, I would be double mad. I'd be like this sucks. I hate this.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so what do you believe in the suf Because I watch these videos of you ghost hunting, which I absolutely love, and I feel like you're very brave about this stuff, and you seem to believe in a lot of it. So I'm curious, Like.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm I'm I'm kidding, like hardcore. I believe in everything, like to the core of me, to the truth of who I am. I believe that if a human being can believe these things, if a human being can think them up, they have to exist somewhere like they have to exist on like a certain realm. I don't believe that this is the only realm. I believe it multiple places, multiple multiple dimensions, different times in spaces, universes, like I don't believe that, like, oh yeah, right, that could never. I'm not that person. I will make fun of you, because that's literally like part of like my Latino culture, like I live to make fun of people. I wake up making fun of people, and so I will make fun of you. But I but I believe you. So there's no there's nothing I'm afraid of. I had a really beautiful friend rest in peace, my only one of my only nun friends. She was this nun from Ireland and she and I say, like that because that's how she's say and she used to say at home, I was raised to believe in fairies, like fairies are very much a part of our life. And she it wasn't weird. It wasn't like, oh that's okay, you Leon fairies. Oh that's awesome, you Mollion ferries. Oh my god, that's so well like Lise Verse. She was like, this is a part of our culture, Like this is a part of my culture. We believe in fairies, and she would name all the different fairy names and I was like, that's so cool. That is so fucking dope, and like, who am I to be like she believes in fairies? Like no, I'm like, can I do? I have fairies? And a lot of Latino people too believe in Duendez yes, you know, like and all of those shows like Back in the Day, Prey in Factor or Alex Remo ro I heard what it's called. But they would be like, look at this pixelated video of this duende running across the screen while these kids are playing soccer. Like You're like, and you can't even see anything, but you're like, like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, we haven't really talked much about them on this show. There was a video that came out like maybe a year or two ago that looks like some kind of duende or I don't know, goblin like little creature that was on somebody's security camera. And the family believes like it it was not They have a little child. They're like, it was not him. It would that's what we capture And did you see that video any chance?
Speaker 2: I didn't, But look like I know people in my family like saying people who have seen these things, who are convinced, Like one of the things is that if you wake up with tiny little braids in your hair, like micro braids, that means that Duende has visited you. So like I know people that have been like no, whatever, like she broke up with braids and then she and then she would like lost her mind, and then somebody else. Have a friend who was like, no, I saw them as a kid. They actually were telling me to come with them. And this friend of mine is brilliant. She's an LA artist, like a big part of the uh LATINX artist scene down here in LA. And I know that she wouldn't just be like, oh my god, I saw She was like I saw them and they asked me to follow them in this door, and I was like, I'm good, bro.
Speaker 1: If I could get them to do my hair. Though, that sounds like kind of amazing, like when I'm sleeping like micro braids. Yes, but wait, so okay, can you tell us like a little bit of the belief of Dwendez and that folklore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for people who don't know like when they might be it's like I think of them as like a gnome or like a little goblin. And basically what they do is they hide things around the house. They will part of my own understanding, right like I'm not I don't claim to be an expert, and it's just what I understand. They hide things around the house. They will drive people to go mad. And part of how to do that is they leave you, like you know, they hide things, They braid your hair, and then they whisk you away. They like physically take you away at night, they beckon you to join them. It's it's always like, you know, it's like the siren who's singing in the ocean. That is like I don't know what they're singing, but you know they like of all songs, of all keys I could have chosen to, these aren't. But yeah, I mean that's what I know, and I think that that is also what we were talking about earlier as far as like being Latino, LATINX or Latina however you identify. We are a people that is always like we're very religious, but we also believe in like so many things, like we're like, oh, like and you'll see them in back with that Jesus will protect me. But then we're out here like afraid of Duendez and.
Speaker 1: You, Yeah, I mean, so what were you raised to believe? Were you raised Catholic?
Speaker 2: We were raised. I was raised Catholic Christian. My dad's Christian and my mom's Catholic. But in I would say maybe around the age of eight or nine, I started to really start to question things. It actually goes back into my past life thing that I was telling you about. Around eight or nine, I became obsessed with the concept of a goddess versus a god, and so I would take all the statues of like Levitan from around the house, and I had this aphrodity statue that I bought, that we bought as decor, and I put them on an altar, and I started to ask my parents, like can we go buy like oils, like can we buy different things for my alter? I would put everything on this alter in honor of the feminine of the goddess, right, which is really cool as an adult now, because I'm like, I was such a cool kid, like yeah, so my parents were always like okay, Italian. And then I started to read about Wicca as a young kid, and I liked it and it was cool, but I didn't really feel as attached to Wicca. What I understand now about my own magic and my own like energy as a magical being is that I think, much like religion, magic is also nuance, like it is for the user, it's for the person. So like I'm Central American, right, Like I come from an indigenous lineage with some European but I was born on the Americas, like always says like America, Like we are from the center of Central America, you know, like from the heart. And so I believe I have another teacher too, who's this amazing tena teacher, priest, this wise medicine woman. And she was like, I pray to the spirits that helped my ancestors, that helped the magic of my people, and that's what I use now. And so that's what I claim now. That's how so I was raised with a little bit more space to choose who I am, But we were also kind of like as a kid, I would do this thing called I would call tree magic. I do it now. I still do it now where I put the like the heat of the palm of your hand up against the tree, and I introduced myself to it, and I talk to it and I say like hello, and like how like how beautiful you are, Like I really like honor the tree. And in our yard, I used to write little notes of intentions and then I would bury them at the root of the tree and I would ask them, like, you know, deer, sweet tree, like may you take my intentions deep into the earth, down through your roots, through the other trees, and like make it happen, like smote it be almost right? And may you take it high up through your branches, into your leaves, into the air so that it can spread throughout the world. Please help my intentions come true. And that is part of my faith, you know, part of when we pick from trees at my family's house, we actually pray before we pick from them, and then we only take what we need, and then when we have finished picking, we thank them again. It's a really short process of just kind of like gratitude between two energies that to me is part of my magic that was real. And now I teach it to my nephews, which is really sweet because my nephews are like three years old and five years old. And before COVID and we were together, i'd be like, go put your past the tree and go say hi tree, and so it was really nice to watch these young babies like go up and put their magic on the tree and be like hello tree, Like traditions that were taught passed out to me that we're now passing on. It's uh so I believe it all. Can I tell you a little cheese mad which is just coming into my head, which is so funny. Of course, we did a video for BuzzFeed with a friend of mine about Wicca. It's actually up now you can google this and the comments sections are so they're so mad at me. They're so angry, like how is he making fun of this religion? He's making fun of Wicka? And it's interesting because when you watch it, wait, who was your friend? Was no me? They're saying that I'm making fun of it. They're like he has no respect, and I'm like, wait, I studied Wika. I like I I'm a magical person. I believe in magic. I believe in prayer. I believe that prayers are just another WORDD for spells, right, And it's so interesting how the tone of this video was miss misunderstood and so people are really mad at me. So it's really interesting to kind of be like a lot of people who are in not a lot of people, but a lot of people that watch this who are wicked were really offended by me not knowing that I'm like, oh, I was just being silly in a video. I'm actually like a practitioner. I'm actually somebody that practices. I don't want to say like I would say more like blue yah blue, yeah, and like and magic makes it sound like it's like, uh, you know, like a show like I'm trying to do magic or I'm casting a spell on people and I are not.
Speaker 1: Like pulling a rabbit out of a hat. No, we we get it. The people that listen to this show totally get it.
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah. And so if anyone's listening to this and they've seen the video and they're like, I hate you where it's a whole huge you should go look at it. You should totally check it out and tell me what you think. Hit me up later and be like, oh, yeah, I could see how they could be mad. Well.
Speaker 1: I always am balancing that fine line too, because I like to have fun with this stuff. And yeah, it's hard because it's a lot of people have their own beliefs in the paranormal, supernatural, and then of course as we start to get into religion and science and like all the other things that are affected by the paranormal. And it's also it's one of these things that I think there is a lot of space to have fun with it as well while still not being completely disrespectful. You know, it's all about your intention, and I don't think I think a person should be able to tell that you're not coming from a bad place. You know, you're you're just having a good.
Speaker 2: Time with it exactly. It's also the Internet people, you know, movies, entertainment, music, the Internet. You get a snippet of somebody, you don't get their whole life, so like you don't know that, Like I come from a lineage of ruhaz, right, Like I come from a linear Actually, my cousins were cleaning out my Abulita's apartment. She lives there, she's fine, but they're just like she's a hoarder. So they're like cleaning her stuff up, and they found old oils that she was using to cast spells on men. And I'm like, yes, girl, men are trash. They've been trash cast those spells, and so it's kind of cool, Like it's like yeah, it's people don't know. But it's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get in those comments on that video to promote this podcast. You want to hear the real story, you want to hear Curly Side the store.
Speaker 2: Absolutely should? You absolutely should? I mean go through it. It was so interesting too, because it was like a lot of people were like, we should do a hex on him, and I'm like, girl, there's probably hecks on me already, Like right, it's twenty twenty. There, go for it. And I'm also like part of the other thing too. That's really deep. That's really cool is that I feel like protected. I feel like I'm like I'm Central American, Like I roll deep with the ancestors, Like my lineage is full of Bruhas and women who have been who have been done dealing with white religions, and like was the was the realty? I'm not afraid of a spell.
Speaker 1: You know, well, when you're a spiritual person, I mean I certainly have lots of spiritual beliefs and practices, but it's also like I have found it for me. I've been able to differentiate like my beliefs and then just things that are completely unexplained and I just kind of leave it at that, and it's sometimes it's hard. Sometimes might talk to people that are really spiritual about their ghost experiences. They're just like, Yeah, it happened, and that's what happens and that's it. But other times they're they're kind of like, oh my god, there was this ghost and it was spooky, and have you had experiences or how do you how do you feel about.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've seen them, and like we were talking prior to like, I hear them. I can hear. I actually call my spirits, my like my spirit team, my spirits. So I'll be like, oh, my spirits want me to check on you. Nine out of ten times I'm right. I'll know things because I feel like they're they're they're almost like whispers in my ear, Like I know when it's a sign. So I know, like my grandma who another grandma has passed away, I know when she wants me to check on someone. I feel it. I know her energy versus my regular usual energy. I'll be like, oh, grandma's really excited. I knew we were on our way to go see her at the cemetery, and I knew that my grandma was excited about something. I was like, Oh, my grandma's here, Like I sell her in the backseat of my car. And I was with my mom and I was like, she's really excited. And when we arrived, her youngest daughter, my youngest thea was to surprise us, and I was like, Oh, that's what it was. She was excited because she loved that was her baby, and so I was like, Oh, that's she was excited that my dea was coming. But I knew that the other thing is too, is like I once I see them in dreams a lot, they'll be mad. I'll be mad. I'll be like the other one that I had the other day, I had one he was really upset with me, and I was like upset with him, like he was breaking things around the house, he was bending metal and I was like asking my spirit team, like take him away, get him out of here, like like what is he doing? He's destroying things And I was so upset, and this spirit was getting upset and we were just butting heads in this dream, and suddenly something said to me, maybe my spirit team, like have you asked this? Have you asked the ghost what he wants? And I was like, oh, like what do you? What do you want, And suddenly, like I there was a writing that started to appear on the wall. And it turns out the spirit the ghosts and the dream was actually a woman and she was telling me about her life as a physician. And I believe she was an Indian woman. I don't know if she was from India or if she was like if she was in an Indian like she's from India but somewhere else in the world. But she was a physician and she had been murdered, and so I was like, oh, like you're you need help. And then we had this really pleasant dream of just having this conversation. I don't remember too much, but I remember that we were just talking and we were just like trying to figure her situation out. And I have a lot of those dreams. I have a lot of dreams where I'm talking to different spirits and sometimes I'm annoyed and sometimes I'm not, and sometimes I talk to them and sometimes they help me. Sometimes they tell me things like sometimes they're the spirits of people that are actually alive.
Speaker 1: I love hearing about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it'll be like my aunt will be talking to me like she's I had one where she was like, I colored my hair. I just colored it, and your cousin's giving me a really hard time, and I just don't know what to do about your cousin. And then I'll wake up and I'll text you and she'll be like, that's all true, Like I just colored my hair and I'm having trouble, like I this is all. The one time that I did see an actual physical ghost was I was I went on a date with this guy and we went back to his place and I was sitting on his couch and I he went to the restroom. Like the restroom was to the right of the apartment and to the left, I could I saw a figure poke its head out of the kitchen to like almost like who's here? Or like can I get you anything to drink? Like that kind of a thing where they poked their head out. And the guy came out of the bathroom and he sat down next to me, and I was like, is your place haunted? Like nothing? Like. I was just like, is there a spirit in your house? And he was like did you see him? And I'm like, yeah, I saw somebody poke their head out of the kitchen and he's like, oh, that's Bob. He lives in the kitchen. My kids see him all the time, very like matter of factly, like, oh, that's Bob. And I remember feeling like wow, like that was really cool because it just was like a figure. It wasn't he wasn't hard or like body, but it was a figure. And then the second one, again I was on another date. And also, I mean before I had a boyfriend, I was going on a lot of dates, but more COVID, I was doing a lot of dates.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have to put that on your tender profile, Like I do have a ghost in my house.
Speaker 2: I will swipe right just to go meet your ghosts. Like you could probably be a little a little blendo yourself, but if you have a ghost in your house, in there. But I was there, and this spirit was like cool, like growling, like oh god. It was moving from like the front of the apartment, like where we were in the living room, and it was moving like in front of us where the kitchen was. It was growling in the kitchen. And then me and this guy were like making out and he was like, Oh, it's fine, it's just a spirit, like you can ignore it. And I was like, I don't know, that I could remember that. And then it moved to the hallway behind us, to the bathroom, and it was growling, and I was like, oh no, not me, Like I wouldn't stay in a house with a live person that was growling dog, right, a parrot that.
Speaker 1: Growled Like did it sound like a human doing like a dog growl or did it sound like some kind of creature.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't remember thinking that it sounded like a human like. It wasn't like a like, it wasn't like that. I don't remember thinking like. I just remember thinking like, this is like some it was something just and it was just freaking me out. And the fact that it was moving all around the apartment, I was like, oh no, not me. I now you know, I was a little younger. Now, as an adult, I'm not as afraid. I probably would have gotten up to investigate. I probably would have spoken to it. I'm like less afraid now because I think that I understand the strength of my own magic, the strength of my own prayer and my own spirit team.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about some of your ghost hunting experiences. Yeah, so I've seen I mean, there's like a handful of these videos on YouTube and they're super fun. Which one would you say was like the most shit went down?
Speaker 2: I there's several like we did what we do some with better like which is really cool with Maya Gail. I've also done some with Ryan and Shane from Unsolved from the Watcher Network. They have a huge one. I love that one because I know both of them. I love both of them deeply. Ryan and Shane are to truly some of the most beautiful humans I gotten too. I'm always misunderstood online people. People don't understand that. I'm like, people have this idea about me onmen and Shane wrote out like a full ass essay in rebuttal to a comment about how nice of a person I actually am in real life, and I'm like, that's so nice, Like he's super sweet and they always include me and everything. So I love them. But we went to go hunt for La and one of the things that we which is a prolific, iconic spirit ghosts woman that has penetrated the lies of Latin America and Latinos and LATINX people the world over right, and she.
Speaker 1: Really gets around. Yeah, she's all different. Latin cultures have a version.
Speaker 2: Of her exactly they do, so we're going to look for her. We go to this cemetery that is from I believe the turn of the century, if not earlier here in California. That was our first stop and we go into the chapel. And one of the reasons why I brought up how much I love Ryan and Shane is because what you see on camera is who they are. That is exactly who they are. There's no some people you meet online and there's funny online and in person they're boring and they're laying or vice versa. You'll meet somebody in person you're oh my god, you're so amazing. But your content whatever. Ryan is psychic. Ryan will not claim it. He won't say it. He won't, but he's psychic. And they talked to him. The spirits know, and they talked to him. And so we were in the chapel and we turn on the little like the little machine, little radio machine. I forget they're called. They're called like voice audio.
Speaker 1: I don't know, a spirit box.
Speaker 2: Maybe a spirit box. Yes, it was neither voice or are you it's a spearbox And we turn it on and you can watch it in the video. But Ryan says something like, which you should totally include the clip, like he says something like can you speak clearly or something like that, like or can you can you say something? And the voice says like is this clear enough? Or oh no, he says like can you say something that we can hear? And the voice says can you hear this? And it's like, bitch, I loved it. I loved it. Ryan was scared. Shane was cracking up because he's like, those a coincidence. I'm like, thank you for communicating, thank you for talking, like please, let's have a conversation, let's talk.
Speaker 1: Like well, you're also telling in that video a story about one of your aunts telling you about your own when you were a kid. Yes, So do you think that she really did have an experience?
Speaker 2: Yes? And I think that's such a you know, one of my aunts was telling me. I have two. I have one aunt that told me, and then I have my ex boyfriend's mom, who I consider like an aunt was telling me and they were like, yeah, we saw her, she was there, like we It's honestly not the best thing to tell a kid ever, like or like, it will freak you out if you're not okay with that. Sort of thing like it'll freak you out, it'll scare you think you see her in every corner.
Speaker 1: Well, we should tell the story just in case there's people that you don't know the story.
Speaker 2: She was basically saying that she saw this woman and she looked out the window. She could hear this woman wailing, and the woman had like I believe, coconut skin like and coconut in terms of like the fur, and her eyes were either like all black or all white something like that. And she believed this to be Lena. That's amazing, Like, please Lord, like I let me see someone like that.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh my god, that I am so starved by the story. Well, I was gonna say, like, for anyone that doesn't know La, basically the story, I think it varies a little bit from place to place, but it's essentially so this woman drowned her two kids and a nearby river, and then she killed herself, right, is that how she becomes a ghost.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she uh, she dies. She dies because she's like just so sad. She like lays by the river and she dies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then people report seeing a woman crying and she's gonna come and snatch up your kids. Basically, I feel like it's a story that lot of people here.
Speaker 2: As a kid, Yeah, she wants her kids back. If you're a bad kid, she's gonna come for year, she's gonna take you, and that's it. So like come in before dark, be a good kid, she won't take you. And I just feel like it's something that parents can threaten their kids with.
Speaker 1: Like right, but it's it's like one of those folklore things that it maybe like a lot of times those come from someplace, you know, they come from a real story or who knows what. But if it is real, which so many people around the world claim that it is, it's like maybe there's you know, there's theories that the more you talk about it, the more power it gives and the more of a possibility for it to be fueled and to stick around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually believe that a lot of these stories and I think, I know, like there are some stories that we have in Salvadoran culture that are based off of indigenous spirits that we used to actually that our people used to pray to, like pre colonial era or you know, pre pre Columbia, pre com in pre Columbia, and it is like like we have Lasijuanava, and Lasijuanava is like this horse woman and she her baby is a cpio and Cpthio is me. It comes from the word like si, which means like child in I think it's called in the digit sanguiges Central Central America, and so it's base. It goes farther back than we can imagine, And so I think that culturally across the world, people will believe different things because it's been passed down like yeah, through the cultures, through the ages, through the generations, you know. So yes, I think that is powerful, and yeah, maybe we feed into it. Maybe she actually exists, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's listening to this podcast, maybe she's subscribed.
Speaker 2: Maybe, But also can we be friends? Like I'm like, I want to like if she is listening, like like, can we be friends?
Speaker 1: Like really, she's just crying all the time. I like, I don't know if that would be a fun friend. Like this woman that's just like never stops crying and then just like trying to steal all the kids.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know, right, my hobby.
Speaker 1: I don't want to take about your time. But I also am like so curious about like Queen Mary, like all these places that you've been.
Speaker 2: The Queen Mary was really dope. I didn't pick up anything at the Queen Mary. But my friend AJ Barrera, who you should also talk to by the way, he's this amazing medium. He I didn't feelnything Queen Mary, but Aj did. I don't really tend to feel the spirits as much when I am in a place where you're expected to feel the spirits. I pick it up in places where I'm like, oh, I'm picking something up, you know, like I this is what I see, Like this is like what I know, you know. So like at the cemetery, the chapel, I felt something. I'll feel something in apartment, my apartment building. There's something in the back all the time.
Speaker 1: But wait, what's going on in the back of your apartment?
Speaker 2: There's something in the back, So like there's actually a gentleman that I believe passed away here, and the owner of the building, the woman, the family that owns it, the other who bought it, she actually passed away. And I think that when I first moved here, I think the spirits were kind of like what the hell, Like, what's going on? Who's this kid? But as I've grown older, as I've gotten I went sober. Living here, I feel like her energy and her spirit is very much with us and is very much a part of this house, like I feel very much a part of the family now my grandmother. There's a whole wall here dedicated to my grandmother that's passed and other people that have passed. Aj the medium that I mentioned, he actually, without knowing anything about me, mentioned the wall. He was like, your grandmother loves the shrine that you have to that video, and he was like, they didn't show it in the edit, which I wish they would have. But he says he loves it. She loves it when you kiss her. And he kissed his two fingers, his index finger and his middle finger. And that's exactly how I kissed the photos. Because the photo is so high up, it's the only way that I can reach to kiss it. And so I think that spirits are all around you. I think that the best thing to be the best thing to do for me, if I like to end, if you were to ask me, like you know somebody wants to tap into that is to not be afraid to understand your own power and your own spirit team the spirits that continue to be around you to make sure that you fulfill your own spiritual journey. The spirits that are with you from past lives, the spirits that are with you from your ancestors, Like, they're not going to let some low ghosts do some shit, right, But much like toxic people, if you need to remove yourself from a situation and you're in a place where there's a toxic ghost, absolutely like I don't deal with toxic people in life, and I'm not going to deal with the toxic ghosts in life like you do you boo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always feel like something dark what they want, I always tell myself I don't have, Like, I don't have any of it. They what they want is to be They want to feed off of the fear they want. They want to scare you, they want to to tear you down. They want you to be like, girl, you are the most evil, You are the you are the biggest demon bitch in the world, honey. And it's like, I'm not giving it to you. You're not going to find that from me.
Speaker 2: You feel like a dom top. You're like, yeah, you're the baddest demon. I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, we do one segment here it's real quick. Do you want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh my god, real ones?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, allegedly real ones. Okay, it is time for it ev or ev plase. Okay. Do you know what the term EVP means? Yes, Electronic voice phenomena.
Speaker 2: Voice phenomena. Yeah, yeah, so pretty much.
Speaker 1: You know, like you can get those from a spirit box like you guys had, or you know, sometimes you can just capture a ghost speaking on like a video recorder or like like almost said, camcorder. How fucking old am I? I'm like a video camera or like you know, audio recorder. But so basically what I do is I find people's posts on YouTube of ghost voices that they believe they've captured, and you know, sometimes the EVP, sometimes it's an ev police.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's gonna happen is I'm gonna play it for you and then I want you to tell me what you hear, and then I'll give you some options of what they believe they heard.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So.
Speaker 1: The first one is from the Hampshire Ghost Club and this is at a haunted theater in Hampshire.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 1: This is in the UK, do they say Hampshire or Hampshire.
Speaker 2: I don't know Hampshire.
Speaker 1: I feel like they say Hampshire Hampshire. Yeah, let's go with that shit. So what do you hear this ghost saying? It's like kind of a whisper. I'll play it again.
Speaker 2: It is also too I must warn either. I can't even I don't even know how to decide for lyrics, like when I hate people saying, I'm like, what is arian trying to say? Like, I don't know. I don't know about being with so gloss, but let's see that's okay? Say do you do it again?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I have no I thought she said hello, and then I thought she said, can we do it one more time? Yeah? I don't know. Something I don't I'm going to be like something about like water. It sounds like she's like, I'll.
Speaker 1: Give you some options. Is there a yeah girl? Is it B come on? See stop that?
Speaker 2: Or D?
Speaker 1: She had a mullet.
Speaker 2: Here we'll play don't want hair? I don't know. I'm gonna say it's either B or C.
Speaker 1: It is B come on, which you know with like a British maybe kind of almost Irish accent. I feel like I can hear like a come on, and that's me not good at accents, ps, not trying to offend anyone. Okay, let me try it again.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I also kind of hear she had a mullet. I don't know what that would be about. I also kind of heard sham wow, but I don't think yes, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like that would be like if you said that she said sham wow. I believe that too.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's one more so. This one is from spirit files on YouTube, and they don't give a location. I want to say that they were kind of doing just like a general like who's a spirit that wants to talk? And like did this whole compilation video with a ton of different voices? What does this one say? Held it again?
Speaker 2: It's real quick, it's some I think he's hungry.
Speaker 1: He's hungry. Oh my god, I love some queen walking in the room. He's hungry. That is hilarious. Okay, here's some of the options. Is it A you're a stccer, B he's not here, see let's play soccer. Or it's not good. Okay, here's another, Oh he's not here. Wow, you know what, that's what I hear, but they think it's it's not good. Oh dude again, I mean I can kind of hear that.
Speaker 2: I know. I feel like both of those would make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both listen and it's all open to interpretation. But you know from your experience that like when you just hear a voice on one of those things, like that is something like that's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Also would like to know like what they were asking, like what is the you know, like if you're like, I'm here for Patrick and she's like she's not he's not here, like that makes sense?
Speaker 1: Or is Patrick hungry and he's not hungry he's hungry. Okay, let me just before we go, like, throw out some unexplained phenomena and tell me your quick like rapid fire thoughts. Okay, okay, I love it all right, First up, UFOs, what do you think real?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yes, totally believe in them. I feel like they are not what we think they are though. I think that. Yeah, I think that the little saucers, it's more than what we think, is what I think.
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe it haunted dolls.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that physical things can have imprints on it. But I do believe that you you like you decide how you want to deal with that energy. I had what I believe was a haunted ring, and then I prayed on it and I told the spirit that to join my spirit team. I was going to take care of it. And it was fine, and things stopped happening. Really yeah, I don't remember exactly what was happening, but it was a ring. It was a Mexican ring, a Mexican biker ring, and those are really rare, and they were from it was from the forties, and the gentleman who owned it had just passed away, and we and a collector got it for me.
Speaker 1: Whoa Okay, some more unexplained phenomena. Really boring people with millions and millions and millions of followers, why, oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know that should just be enough for people to like understand that it's not you. There's nothing wrong with you. It's the world. So like, don't compare yourself to people with a bunch of followers. Don't be like, oh my god, why not me, Like, it's not you, it's that we live in You're amazing, you're fantastic, you're interesting, you're beautiful. It's just the world is like, yeah, I like like they either want to have sex with that person, they want to be that person, or they want like to like to be their best friend. So like it's like it's not you like, if you don't fall in some of those categories, you're still a valid human being.
Speaker 1: That's good advice or good thing to say. What about Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Bigfoot? Why not? I feel like there was a time when people didn't believe in like platypuses. I was just watching this thing, holl Like when they took a platypus back to Europe, people were like, what the fuck is this and they had to go back and be like, oh, we need to get more platy pi platypuses because they didn't believe latapussies. Platypussies. Oh my god, I love that so much, thank you for that. And yeah, yeah, so I feel like why not? But I hope that when we find him we don't hurt. I hope we don't hurt these things, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, Well, I also feel like I never really thought about that, Like a platypussy. Those are like they're really like what we were talking about before with like mermaids and shit, Like they're like a real hybrid of like it's a really weird I mean, don't you get me started an octopus.
Speaker 2: Octopusses, Oh my god, waypus platypusses are so crazy, like besides the duck bill and the fucking like weird like uh like webbed feet like duck feet with nails and claws, they have venom.
Speaker 1: Like oh my god.
Speaker 2: Ah, I was like, really, Lord, you really went ham like on this one, like I'm never gonna give him venom, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's amazing. I love the idea. I'm just like, yeah, fuck it, like, let's just let's give him venom, Let's give him a bill, throw some fur on there. Why not?
Speaker 2: Literally everybody that was like, I want to be a duck and then the Lord made them into that and they're like that should have been more specific, just like the Mermaid.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like I've left the house like that where I'm like, you know what, today, I'm gonna have all of it. I'm gonna have the fur, I'm gonna have I'm gonna do all of it exactly. Okay, one more, Okay, what is going on with Goofy and Pluto. That's some unexplained phenomenon that I still because they're like both dogs, but like one's like a dog man and one's like a dog dog.
Speaker 2: So you're like, what the fuck why does one have I don't fucking know.
Speaker 1: You're it's not really paranormal, but it's still unexplained, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I love it. I feel like I actually used to have a crush on Goofy. I was like, oh, he's a dad, Like, You're so right. I don't know, like, why why does one dog like get to like walk around and have a whole life and a whole career. Can you see Frank by the way.
Speaker 1: Oh there's your dog so cute? Like please, okay, well we should up for free.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love this. This is so much fun. This has been one of the funnest ones that I've done. So thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm so glad I met you. I feel like I wanted to meet you. Let's keep in touch. Tell people where they can find me. I will.
Speaker 2: You can find me at the Curly b Is in Victor's show, at the Curly v Show on Instagram, on Buzzbeed's pedal like on YouTube Curly Blaskis. You can also find me on Twitter, you can see me on What's in My Other Documentary on Netflix and then yeah and just google me, honey.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Curly. Go check out everything he does and check out Patreon. On my second tier and Patreon. This week you can hear Curly talking about his experiences with out of Experiences and also attempting to visit past lives, which is very interesting, so check that out Patreon dot com, slash roles dress false and again check me out on stereo Download Stereo. It's super fun. I've been talking so much with people around the world about ghosts and I love it, so check that out. All that info is in the description of this podcast. And oh, you can also still get merch for fifteen percent off with promo code love RAS and you can find the link to the merch in the description on my Instagram or if you don't have Instagram wherever send me an email ghosted by rosatgmail dot com. I'll send that to you. Also email me if you want to be on a listener episode, put in the subject line listener episode. I want to do one of those real soon. Please give me five stars on Apple Podcasts and write a nice or you can put a ghost story in there too. We've got the Facebook group ghosted by Roz Dress Falaes Instagram, I'm at Roz dress Fales. Oh my god. There's so many places, so many things, so little time, but I'm so happy you joined me. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 2: Okay. Back Star
Speaker 1: A podcast network