Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yo, what's going on?
Speaker 3: CNR in for the Great Dan Patrick part of the Dan Slam.
Speaker 2: Four shows in a row. This is day three. What's up, Covino?
Speaker 4: The Dan Slam is where it's at?
Speaker 5: Man, I know two turntables and a microphone and the Dan Slam again is the premiere sports lineup in the nation.
Speaker 4: Happy to be part of it.
Speaker 5: Coveno and Rich, Danny g Joel, Kevin Spott, Mike who runs this place. We're out here on the West Side Riches in Texas for the holiday week and speaking of we're gonna talk fireworks in just a moment. But any final thoughts Rich about Michael Thompson being extremely disappointed, really disappointed, praying that his son Clay would be a Laker, but Clay chose the Mavericks. Any final thoughts on what your parents think? My thought, obviously, they're your parents. You don't have to do what they say. They're your parents while they're here and Bray and yeah, you can give them the courtesy run by. There are things I did think about what I do keep my parents rich? And it's that Sebastian Maniscalco the comedian thought of, I don't tell them how much things were because I don't want to give my parents a heart attack.
Speaker 2: What you pay for that? Steven Yea would that go for him?
Speaker 5: But my parents are good at mine in their business and things like that. I just choose to tell them a lot because they're my parents. Rich says, forget about it, be your own, miss, I tell.
Speaker 2: My parents a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying the idea of making decisions based on what your parents say that just rubs me weird, because you just might have different priorities, or you might be risky. They might be conservative. You might be conservative, and they might be a little too risky for you. So I do say, yeah, Clay Maverick, his dad not happy.
Speaker 2: But you know who is a Laker.
Speaker 3: The biggest non surprise of the free agent season Lebron James. Imagine Lebron's like, yeah, you got Brownie. I like, you knew that wasn't happening. So if you missed it this morning, Lebron one of one of only two players in the NBA with a no trade clause. So Lebron gonna be probably wrapping things up in Los Angeles over the next two years, Hollywood, Lebron. Now before we get to fireworks, and I got of thought about movies, we're gonna talk some baseball, little football. But I just saw four things, and I want you to tell me what you find most alarming. Okay, okay, four things.
Speaker 4: Oh we're playing a game before the game.
Speaker 2: So hey dandy g spotty boy, everyone, feel free to chime in. Which of these things you're like? Ooh, number one? I said it earlier.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden claims that he almost fell asleep at the debate last week because he traveled a lot.
Speaker 5: I like the cold excuse the best. He didn't need to say that.
Speaker 3: I saw an article that said gen Z get their primary news from TikTok.
Speaker 2: Not surprised, but that's like alarming, No.
Speaker 5: That majorly alarming because you're only getting one side of the story based on the algorithm.
Speaker 4: You never get to both.
Speaker 3: Sides if gen Z, you know, younger kids are saying TikTok is my primary news source. I'm not saying be like your parents and watch the six o'clock news every night, but yo, if your kids and teens and twenty year olds are getting their news only from TikTok.
Speaker 4: Not only that Rich.
Speaker 5: It's also I read an article where you're not just kids and gen z and weenials. Everybody more likely to go to social media, especially TikTok to look something up before you Google it. You know, you at one point in life, way back on Wednesday, you were asking Jeeves and then maybe a little Yahoo search, then Google if you were looking something up. And I still use Google, but if you want to see a clip, or you want to see something that happen from the debate, the game last night, or you just want to look something up, most people are searching on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Rich, So Biden's falling asleep, jen Z gets their news from TikTok. Your dude, Ryan Garcia, boxer, yeah, influencer suspended now. I was during the commercial. I was watching him. He was on Instagram live and he was wrapping in his car with two of his buddies, and his two buddies were black dudes, and they were calling themselves the Oreo, and he was just talking smack.
Speaker 2: About Tank Davis. He was cursing a lot, and he was just it seemed like he was very unhinged.
Speaker 3: Cavino and I know Ryan Garcia, that's the reputation. He's unhinged.
Speaker 5: I mean that's been going on for a while. It's very alarming. His behavior extremely alarming. And I wish he was able to box because unfortunately we're gonna get a lot more bad rap and bad acting roles as a result. And I say that respectfully. He has to spend for a year. Remember he has time to kill.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Last thing this is for Danny g because he's a Dodgers fan. I just watched the clip where Otani hit a home run. Big surprise. Every bat between Judge and Otani, I assume someone's getting hit a home run. The fan is so worried about catching the home run ball they miss it and it hits their infant on the head.
Speaker 4: That's bad.
Speaker 6: I saw that.
Speaker 3: It's like, dude, if you have a baby or a little kid with you and a ball comes near you, isn't like job one is a dad to protect your kid, not be not worry about your beer in one hand and trying to catch the ball.
Speaker 2: In the other.
Speaker 3: We've seen some great dad catches in the stands where baby's in one arm, leaning over a railing and catching a ball.
Speaker 4: The biggest fan what a fan ball and hate your baby.
Speaker 7: And I know, and I know they're twenty two dollars now, but throw that down and protect your kid first and then catch the ball second.
Speaker 2: Yo, that has the worst instincts. I mean, I was right.
Speaker 3: Not only did you not protect your kid, you didn't catch the ball. So it's like you're a weak ass athlete and your bed dad.
Speaker 4: He was going for the catch.
Speaker 5: Maybe he thought it was like a Savannah Bananas game where the catch really counts asn't out.
Speaker 3: Listens and he still missed. Watch the video and you'll feel terrible. Luckily, the kid's okay from what I'm reading, but it's it's right field blast.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got their arms up.
Speaker 3: The guy his kid, he sort of like puts that his kid goes to the ball and doink right off the top of the head.
Speaker 4: Wow, don't like, don't like doink the clown yep.
Speaker 5: Point, you know, he asked me a question of those four stories, which is most alarming. They're all great and funny stories, but if you want my real answer, it's it's Biden admitting that he couldn't stay.
Speaker 4: Awake during a debate.
Speaker 5: That's insane that if he really said that, I'm taking here, I didn't hear it.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear because I was watching a bad movie and I fell asleep.
Speaker 5: Last night, you know, But hey, are you gonna talk I'm not in the middle of a debate. If he said that, I think that's pretty alarming. He's running for president and that. You know, that's my answer there. But they're all good stories, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, hey Cavino and rich In for the great Dan Patrick, and we are going to talk about some baseball. There's a there's a story with Tim Anderson. We're gonna get to that. We're gonna talk about some cookouts and Fourth of July stuff, But before we get to this fireworks story that I know Danny's had on the back burner for a couple of days.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's something about this story that you just keep pushing off because we've been trying to get.
Speaker 2: Them for three days. There's no urgent. It's fourth of July, so there's no urgency. But I did want to wish you Cavino.
Speaker 3: I know your beautiful girlfriend Jordan is from Idaho. She is, Yes, today is the day Idaho became a state. So is that a potato in your pants? Are you just happy about this.
Speaker 4: It's just really exciting news.
Speaker 3: Rich so happy uh, happy day, Idaho. But let's get into this.
Speaker 2: There's a story.
Speaker 5: Well now, when John french fries later, I'll feel less guilty about it, thanks buddy.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's a conversation itself. What is the best up of french fry, waffle fry, skinny fry.
Speaker 4: Curly, seasoned, curly fry. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 2: I'd say the christ cut.
Speaker 5: Nah, you're wrong, Joel seasoned curly fry, saying yeah, Joel, Yeah.
Speaker 4: How about a waffle fry?
Speaker 8: What kind of cut crispy.
Speaker 5: Crispy crispy crisp cut, crisp cuting hot french fries?
Speaker 7: None of the above, Go with the fried zucchini from Carls Junior Slash Parties.
Speaker 5: Nah, brod, what do they call it? Rich On, How I met your mother? When you get that that one curly fry, Oh.
Speaker 2: That's the best.
Speaker 3: The best is the accidental curly.
Speaker 4: You know, you get a regular thing of fries.
Speaker 9: But there's one curly from you don't know where. That's bad and you know it's so good though it's so good, it's weird because it's happened to me. At places that don't serve curly fries? Are you sure you pull it out? I don't know curly thing you had in your fries. I'm telling you. When it happens, you are so thrilled, which proves is the best fry.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I think the rule though, is you never to The rule was you never take another man's accidental curly I would Yeah, sounds like you can't do that, so hey, happy, happy potatoes. Now this fireworks story is interesting because I just took a road trip from Los Angeles to Texas, and the funny thing for me is I grew up on Long Island. Can we know you and spot a Jersey guys, Joel, you grew up in the Midwest.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, he's rocking with Detroit Detroit had as we speak.
Speaker 3: Danny G's a southern California, then northern California, depending on where you live. I'm always fascinated by the legalities of fireworks.
Speaker 2: I grew up in New York. The only way we got.
Speaker 3: Our hands on even like bottle rockets and jumping jacks, Like like your dad's friend at work would be like, oh yeah, I'll give you a bag of fireworks for fifty Bucks, and your dad would come home with his illegal fireworks in a bag and you light them all.
Speaker 5: I got some from some Roman candles, I got some whistles, I got some smoke bombs, I got some jumping jacks.
Speaker 6: Aw.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the kind of stuff you would, oh, bottle rockets if you got an there.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: But when you're a kid, right, that's where your parents were getting you and rich is right. Growing up where we grew up, it was illegal. So my dad had to get him from his friend Paulie Walnuts at the office, right, So he had to get him so from some weird, shady place. And we were excited to have anything. You know, if I had sparklets, I was excited about it.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 3: Growing up in New York and New Jersey, it was very hard to get your hand on fireworks. In fact, it was a in my hometown. If you wanted fireworks, I think you went to the fish market, which what kid ever went to the fish market? In fact, who went to the fish market. But apparently if you went to the fish market and asked the Asian guy there, do you have the special wildfish? That was code for they bring you to the fireworks. That they illegally sell, and I'm like, for real.
Speaker 5: You buy them in bricks or a gross of this, a brick of that. If you were able to get your hand on some of the good stuff, you were the man, dude.
Speaker 6: But right now he's still sold at the state line. Though it's always at the.
Speaker 2: Border, yo, Joel.
Speaker 3: So I'm driving to Texas when I tell you, I could drive five minutes away from my mother in law's house where I'm staying here in South Texas New Brothels in between San Antonio and Austin. I could drive five minutes right now, Calvino, go on thirty five, and you'll see these huge fireworks stands and you could buy anything you want. And to me, that seems crazy considering when we were kids. Like I said, your dad had to negotiate jumping jacks or the weird guy at work.
Speaker 5: For real, your dad would go home with all this illegal stuff and nothing really crazy.
Speaker 6: Ever.
Speaker 4: For me, it depended on how lucky you were.
Speaker 5: But here's the story based on that, and again it poses a question on how all these things that were illegal when we were kids, some of these things are now legal, and it still feels a little weird. We'll get to that. But there's a story that happened that of Guardena, California. How far is that, Danny g from where we are?
Speaker 6: Oh about in traffic or no traffic?
Speaker 4: Mile wise?
Speaker 2: How the question?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Right, forty minutes with no traffic. This is about three hours with traffic.
Speaker 5: Okay, again we're not tenil Tenny's like four miles, so it's about an hour away, right. Alejandro Rodriguez Wilmington, Natalie Navarro Carson, Daniel Goudino of Wilmington. All these people were arrested because they were part of what they're calling the biggest fireworks heist, the biggest bust of all time. Seventy five tons. Seventy five tons, I'm gonna pull a rich Davis. Do you know how many pounds that is?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 3: Hold on, I thought you were when you said the biggest bust. I got excited.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'm not talking about sally scuds. I'm talking about fireworks. Seventy five tons worth were seized in the largest fireworks bust in California history.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many pounds that is?
Speaker 5: I don't, but I'll do the math right now. Do you know one hundred and fifty. See, no, I won't put you on a spot like you did. Everybody here one hundred and fifty thousand pounds?
Speaker 8: How many pounds to a ton?
Speaker 6: Rich?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: But anyway, there is it?
Speaker 2: Wait? Hold on? Is it? Is it? Like over? It's like a thousand pounds fifteen hundred pounds a ton.
Speaker 5: One hundred and fifty thousand pounds, seventy pounds a ton rich two thousand pounds a ton. So there's a lot of tons of fireworks.
Speaker 8: Tons of this.
Speaker 5: Though, here's the fun nugget that you could hold on to and cares about how much the fireworks weigh.
Speaker 4: That's just not funny.
Speaker 3: No, before you get into it, did you get the know it all klukschiser, which is German for know it all?
Speaker 5: I does spot know that there's two thousand pounds in a ton? Everybody knows?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Right? Can you know?
Speaker 6: Everybody?
Speaker 2: Can we not just give me? Can you not just get me?
Speaker 6: I would have answered, but I was letting spot it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean too, I actually did know that, just because my math teacher was so annoying.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, riches, you know?
Speaker 6: Do you know what any like?
Speaker 2: How do you get did you hear spots, buckles. Yeah, two thousand pounds, it's.
Speaker 6: A standard a measure.
Speaker 4: You're like, I don't know one thousand, fifteen hundred, Like, it's not.
Speaker 6: Just don't just decide?
Speaker 5: Spot is the kluk Scheiser If you knew to our show the know at all?
Speaker 8: Do you know how many feet in a mile?
Speaker 2: Feet in a mile?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I don't know when you repeat it like standard numbers that everyone should know.
Speaker 6: How about yard feet in the mile?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yards?
Speaker 3: Three three feet is a yard? I know that because a football, right, That's why I also know Roman numerals. I think a lot of things I know dis because of sports.
Speaker 4: Fine, it's fair.
Speaker 5: And look, I was pulling Rich Davis because he always asks you random questions that he has the answer to in front of him and expects everyone else You're like, no, or he just wants.
Speaker 6: Us to look dumb. Is it five thousand?
Speaker 8: It's eighty?
Speaker 4: Okay, I thought that was standard.
Speaker 6: That's my good.
Speaker 3: Now seventy I think I did know that. And by the way, spot, how long is a marathon?
Speaker 8: Twenty six point two miles?
Speaker 2: Why you don't know?
Speaker 8: Because of kilometers?
Speaker 2: Why is it Kamon's bat?
Speaker 8: Because of kilometers?
Speaker 4: Is that the answer, No, why twenty six point two.
Speaker 6: It's been three days, and I feel like, why are you gonna answer it?
Speaker 5: He's coogling it, he's I know it's because it's because of how long there's something with the Greeks or something hold on. At least when I asked questions, I know the answer exactly. Gotta hate you so riches on TikTok looking it up. So it's where I get all my info.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Covi, I was gonna say, it's been three days. We're still not going to get.
Speaker 2: To the state, right.
Speaker 5: The greatest fireworks heist in California history happened this week and again it's the third of July. Everyone's getting her hands on some snakes and sparklers. So this is a big story. The street value of this again you're wondering, well, how much is seventy five tons worth? The street value of these fireworks? Rich seven to ten million dollars because there's such a market for this stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, this is a big deal. That's why there's a big heist.
Speaker 5: You don't care about how much it weighed, but it puts it in perspective when you realize the value of this and what people are willing to pay come this holiday season. This heist set these people back ten million dollars. They thought they were gonna be dancing in money. They're gonna be diving into the bucks like Scrooge McDuck.
Speaker 4: It's not happening.
Speaker 7: We're gonna routed them out too, because they were hiding all this stuff in an industrial area there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, man, this is this is like a like a like a good fella's heist, but his fireworks rich street value against seven to ten million dollars. So based on that, it brings up the questions of things were surprised to see that are legal now because growing up there were certain things that had a stigma like fireworks that we now are sort of leaning into rich You're the guy always talking about edibles every night, we gambling. All these things they are I'm not saying they're all comparable, but they're all comparable in the sense that they were illegal in most places.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, before we get to that, let me get it out of the way, because you can't bring up a question without an answer. Reportedly, Queen Alexandra requested a race start on the lawn of Windsor Castle and finish at the Royal Box of Olympic Stadium. That distance was exactly twenty six point two miles, but before that, roughly twenty five miles. It goes back to the Greek a Greek messenger who raced from Marathon to Athens a distance of nearly twenty five miles with a message about a war, and then collapsed and died.
Speaker 2: So that was that's where you get the twenty six points with.
Speaker 4: The message read be sure to drink your oval team.
Speaker 3: That's exactly so you know, based on the fireworks story. And by the way, yeah, who I'm with Danny who rated him out? Secondly, what are the things that you're fascinated by as far as the changes in state to state.
Speaker 2: Like fireworks are legal here, they're not legal there.
Speaker 3: In our lifetime, ca, you know, when we first started doing our show almost twenty years ago, gambling and marijuana were illegal everywhere. Yeah, now a different story, So I have a thought on it. We'll get to that. Plus a big time movie sequels released today, so we'll talk a little movies, we'll talk some baseball and whatever else is on your mind.
Speaker 4: Well, we got prizes to give away.
Speaker 5: Looking for a contestant now to play Chipotle Worker or WNBA Player, and it's simple. All you have to do is not lose and you win the prize. Chipotle Work or WNBA Player. If you want to play and win a swiggy, give us a call now at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox we got more Cavino and Rich for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Hey, it's Ben, host of the Fifth Hour with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey. You're asking, what in God's name is the Fifth Hour. I'll tell you it's a spin off of that Ben Maler show, a cult hit overnights on FSR.
Speaker 2: Why should you listen?
Speaker 10: Picture if you will, a world where we chat with captains of industry in media, sports and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more. Listen to the Fifth Hour with Ben Maller on the iHeartRadio app, Apple.
Speaker 6: Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: This firework Bust that you and Daddy were talking about in Los Angeles outside of LA did get us thinking about how it is crazy that we all live in the same country, yet the rules are so different states of state.
Speaker 2: I was talking about this with you and a buddy the other day.
Speaker 3: How first of all, all of it was I legal what twenty plus years ago, gambling, weed, fireworks like you know, fireworks are different states of state and same with weed and same with gambling. To think that in our lifetime you couldn't go on a sports show and talk about a point spread.
Speaker 5: And now everybody leans into it. Now it's a major talking point. It's amazing to see how quickly things have changed. So you know that being said, enjoy it and enjoy your fireworks responsibly, keep your fingers intact this weekend again, if you just missed the story, it's the largest firework bust in California history, seventy five tons, a street value of seven to ten million dollars, and this stash of fireworks, officials believe was in from China. From China, So that just got us thinking about some of those other things that had that stigma about them, and now we do them so freely, and it makes me think of two way back on a Wednesday, Rich my favorite thing.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: I was happy to get my hands on some jumping jacks for real as a kid, but I got such a kick out of it, and I used to tie into sports, which is amazing for Fox Sports.
Speaker 4: I would take my whiffle ball bat.
Speaker 5: And I would put the end of the whistler right at the end of the knob of the bat, and I would aim like this and shoot at the kids I didn't like riding their bikes around the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: And get him right in the ass.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 4: We would shoot them at the kids the whistles. I don't know if that's a good idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fun, fun for the whole family. Man do it responsibly, That's my point, though. You gotta do it respectfully and responsibly.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this, beside the whole gambling and weed and fireworks and all the stuff that, like, is it illegal not illegal?
Speaker 2: Depends on where you are right.
Speaker 3: Tonight, Tomorrow, Friday, the rest of the week when people are having cookouts and Fourth of July festivities, is the right combination, Like you have a couple things to light off on your own and then you go watch a big show, or you the guy that tries to put on a show for the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Dude, It depends where you are. It's regionally different. Again, the rules are different everywhere. You brought up Idaho before. When I'm somewhere like that, every neighborhoods sort of putting on their own display, and you're just sitting in front of the garage watching the neighborhood kids or families acting like they're the Grucci brothers, you know, lighting up their whole spectacle. I'm one of those old school dudes who normally goes to the local fireworks display and I even throw a few oohs and os out there way back on a Wednesday. They have to Yeah, they don't do that as much anymore, Joel.
Speaker 4: I try to bring it back.
Speaker 7: You guys know when the street shows really picked up in southern California during COVID because there were a lot of shows, you know, that would be on the block in the neighborhood during COVID though, because we weren't traveling to all get in a big group together and watch shows. Oh my goodness, I had never seen or heard as many fireworks, And that's one of the reasons why they could have got ten million dollars on the street for all these fireworks La Guardina where they're at home of Hustler Casino. They're in the heart of La So imagine all those sales lost. And a lot of people in southern California obviously are worried about fires.
Speaker 4: It could be a lot of said Vato kids here this weekend.
Speaker 7: Besides fingers being blown off, which some people worry about. Yeah, you know in California, I've been in competition and you snitched.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: By the way, the demand is extra high in the Guardina area. If you happen to have some, right, you have some candles.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting that bust.
Speaker 3: There's someone out there that doesn't realize that that bust saved their finger. Like there's a guy that would have lo his finger, but now he's gonna keep it because he didn't get his hands on those fire.
Speaker 5: Back for all the kids missing out on that sort of fun this weekend now as a result of it.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of changes, what was the most explosive firework when you were young? It was for me, it was like the cherry bomb. But that's nothing today.
Speaker 8: Nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are the ones I remember for sure, And of course you think of Joe Dirt, the Husker Jews and the Husker dotes.
Speaker 6: I think there's some out there putting holes in grounds.
Speaker 3: Now, what was the you said cherry bombs? I remember kids having an eighties?
Speaker 2: Is that the same thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you throw them in a dumb stick. They might even be more powerful.
Speaker 5: But there's gonna be some little Vato kids out there wishing they had some. Wait a second, you mean we have no whistling bung holes and no spleen splitters, no whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, whoskerdoos or Whosker dotes, no cherry bombs, Nipsey dazers, with or without the scooter stick.
Speaker 7: Also, you said scooter and our pre show meeting Rich on this day, what seven years ago?
Speaker 3: Back it Up Terry, Back it up, no reverse Terry.
Speaker 4: It's been how many years?
Speaker 3: On this Fourth of Gily, it'll be seven the seven year anniversary of back It Up Terry, which, by the way, to me, is the best Fourth of July video of all time. Back It Up Terry, put a reverse, put a REVERSEA.
Speaker 5: I can't believe it's been seven years that's one of the most famous viral Fourth of July videos. And uh, to wrap it up, Ritch, Yeah, we've seen the progression of marijuana. We've seen gambling become a household thing, everyday thing on sports talk and TV fireworks. Still that stigma of it's illegal, you know, again, this big giant bust. But I also think we've seen the progression of like OnlyFans and things like that, where it had a stigma.
Speaker 4: Now your neighbor is doing it. You know, Like we live in a.
Speaker 5: Time now where you could see your co worker undress and do weird things if you were willing to pay for it. Something you used to fantasize about that hot girl the office. Now she's got a page. Your neighbor's got a page. So I mean, we live in a different world than at a different time. And I say that respectfully.
Speaker 6: You know, as you make me think about that, think of the opposite.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, they were smoking in sporting events and the indoors in the club could Joe, I never thought that I'd see that regulated in the club.
Speaker 3: Imagine imagine that, Joel, Imagine there were people the club. I remember because in our early days, I do remember Jersey or New York, one of the other communal one you couldn't smoke one you could smoke cigarettes. And I remember one time you would always come back smelling like cigarettes. But to think that at one point, when our parents were younger, people would smoke on an airplane.
Speaker 4: I remember they had the ash trays on the arm rests.
Speaker 5: Right, So there you have it, do it respectfully and again check out that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, be safe. Let's do that, and the war not anymore.
Speaker 5: Now it's time to play Chipotle worker or w NBA player.
Speaker 4: Ge j P are you gonna get a Marie Brown Jersey? Does she playing the w Let's play a game that is clearly sweeping the nation.
Speaker 1: Chipotle worker w NBA player.
Speaker 5: All right, it's Cavino and Rich live in Mercedes Benz Studios in for Dan Patrick, day three of the Dan Slam.
Speaker 4: And I turn it over to.
Speaker 5: Our host of Chipotle worker or WNBA player again our attempt to learn more and dive into the w NBA just a little more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we show damn love not only to the Chipotle workforce, but suddenly everybody across the US is an expert on the w NBA. But how many players do you really know? We're about to find out? And go ahead.
Speaker 3: The Angel Reeses and the Katelyn Clarks and the Cameron Brinks, you know the big names. You know the they just announced the All Stars and you saw Angel Reese was in tears.
Speaker 2: But I love how you break it down with the more unknowns.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, all right.
Speaker 7: By the way, Spotty is gonna keep score during the eight rounds of this game. As long as our caller doesn't come in last place, they're gonna walk away with a shiny new CEA in our swiggy, our fancy water bottles. All right, let's go to those studio lines. Kevin Wyert on updates. I'm gonna use you for this. Would you love to travel to New York State, Ohio, Oregon or Arizona?
Speaker 6: Give me Oregon, Oregon. That's Brian. What's up, Brian?
Speaker 5: Yay?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 6: Good morning? What do you do there for a living in Oregon? I'm in alignment for which team?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah you alignment?
Speaker 6: Yeah I win utility. Okay, got it? All right?
Speaker 7: So Coveno, Rich, Spot, Kevin, Joel, Brian are gonna battle in this game. Brian, as long as you don't come in last place.
Speaker 6: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Covino, You're up first. Chipotle worker or WNBA player Victoria Powell.
Speaker 5: Oh, for sure, I remember seeing it on the name tech Rich Rich Victoria Powell.
Speaker 2: She small forward.
Speaker 4: I'm going w n B A spot. Yeah, I'm gonna stick with w A on this one.
Speaker 6: Kevin, I'm going Chipotle worker, Joel. I'm going Chipotle worker. Bryan, I'll go wn B A.
Speaker 7: Victoria Powell is a crew member for Chipotle in Texas.
Speaker 2: Told Bryan, I'm meeting you the right way.
Speaker 6: Man. Caven know it's a two time winner in this game.
Speaker 4: Ryan, I'm a champion.
Speaker 7: All right, let's see if you can keep rolling Cove, Chipotle worker or w NBA player.
Speaker 6: Liz Dixon, Ah, w n B A dude rich.
Speaker 3: Liz Dixon asked me if I wanted extra GUALK Chipotle worker spot.
Speaker 6: Uh, this is Dixon.
Speaker 5: I feel like it sounds like it's a w NBA name WW Dixon. Right, Kevin, I'm going Chipotle worker Joel, w.
Speaker 6: N B A. Bryan, I'll go Chipotle.
Speaker 7: Liz Dixon is a six to five forward who was just waived by the Phoenix Mercury yesterday. Yeah, I hope she gets picked up by another team. All right, lay tomorrow? Next we hope not all right? Chipotle worker, w NBA player Coveno, Alissa Peeley, Alissa Peeleelssa Peele is a Chipotle worker.
Speaker 6: Rich.
Speaker 3: Oh, she is a big girl, plays on the inside.
Speaker 6: WNBA spot.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go Chipotle on this Onekev, I'm going WNBA player, Joel.
Speaker 6: You can't have a pe and work at Chipotle, so she's got to be w NBA Bryan, I'll go WNBA.
Speaker 7: Although Alissa Peelee is a six to two forward for the Minnesota Lynx.
Speaker 6: There you go, all right, Here we go.
Speaker 7: Next name Coveno, Chipotle worker, she a valued employee at Chipotle or w NBA player.
Speaker 5: English, Deborah English, Deborah Chipotle Rich.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe maybe the daughter of Alex English.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go w n B A spotty Chipotle, Kevin Chipotle, Joel Chipotle, Brian, I'll go with that.
Speaker 1: Alex English comment.
Speaker 7: Okay, Deborah English is a general manager for Chipotle and Florida.
Speaker 6: Rich hasn't gotten any right of Brian. I just saw you that.
Speaker 7: All right, Chipotle worker or w NBA player Jordan Canada Coveno w n B A Rich.
Speaker 3: Jordan Canada was skimpy on my chicken pastore.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Chipotle.
Speaker 5: Worker spot It sounds like it should be a player, but I am going to go Chipotle.
Speaker 6: I think it's a trick. keV, I'm going w NBA Joel. It's a trick. I'm going Chippot.
Speaker 7: Brian, I'm gonna lock up last place. Le Jordan Canada is a five to six guard for the Atlanta Kareem. You should have known that Jordan gave it all right. Next name, Cove, you know Chipotle worker w NBA player Sophie Cunningham.
Speaker 5: Sophie Cunningham, that's a Chipotle worker Rich.
Speaker 2: See, that's where you're wrong. She's she's quick.
Speaker 6: W n b A w spotty.
Speaker 7: Chipotle all the way, Kevin, Chipotle Joel w n B A Brian.
Speaker 8: W n b A.
Speaker 7: Sophie Cunningham is a six to one guard for the Phoenix Mercury Mek Simpon Cunningham. All right, Two final names here, Chipotle worker w NBA player Carrie Browning Terry Browning, w n B A Rich.
Speaker 2: She's a corporate Chipotle.
Speaker 6: Spot Chipotle, Kevin w n b A, Joel w n b A. Brian sounds like he's in hr A Chipotle.
Speaker 7: Kerry Browning is a general manager for Chipotle in Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, a little bit of a comeback for Brian. Here, last question.
Speaker 7: Right finally, Coveno Chipotle worker WNBA player Stephanie Dolson.
Speaker 4: Stephanie Dolson w NBA rich oh.
Speaker 2: A line worker at Chipotle.
Speaker 7: Spotty WNBA, Kevin Chipotle, Joel.
Speaker 6: She's my cousin's cousin at Chipotle. Brian, I'll go WNBA.
Speaker 7: Stephanie Dolson's a six to five center for the Washington Mystics.
Speaker 5: Oh now right, all Brian has to do is not come in last place exactly.
Speaker 4: That's how you win your swiggy.
Speaker 5: Now, for everybody listening in the car, at the office, at home, lighting fireworks, just chilling out, you could also qualify to win a CNR Swiggy. It's a stainless deal. Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio water bottle just by leaving a review on Apple podcasts, say something nice, leave a review, lie to us, I don't care.
Speaker 4: And if you ever hear Danny g call your name, you win.
Speaker 7: I appreciate that Spotty just calculated the points.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you it came down to the last question, which is really exciting. I'll start with the winners. Joel, you were on fire most of the game up until the last few questions, and then Covino kind of tied you up. So Covino Joel, first playoff, first place, in second place, me a tie with Kevin Wyre. We came in second place and in last place because it was a tie up until the very end.
Speaker 7: Last question, Rich Davis, last place, Brian, congratulations, Oh thank you.
Speaker 9: I knew none of those.
Speaker 4: What a way to start the holiday weekend, am I right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well you can be swinging in that swiggy.
Speaker 4: Oh sounds good, Brian, thanks?
Speaker 5: Oh sure, I put him on hold on in good. Well, Thank you guys. We got more Coveno and rech in for Dan Patrick and Dan Slam. We're gonna talk about what happened to Tim Anderson in midweek major next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to The Covino and Rich Show. The feedback's hilarious. I appreciate all the great feedback. The other feedback, I'm wondering, like, what happened to your cornflakes this morning? Why people so angry? Lots of funny feedback, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: At and Rich yesterday we were talking about what would shock our grandparents the most.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What spurred that conversation again?
Speaker 4: The massive contracts.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking about jam and how the first seventy million dollar man as of now seventy million dollars. We've talked about how, you know, Will Chamberlain didn't even make seventy thousand dollars in the nineteen fifties and until nineteen sixty something.
Speaker 2: I believe right.
Speaker 3: I said one of the things yesterday that our grandparents generation will be wildly confused by why we care about stranger's opinions.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, exactly, Oh my goodness, Or why you're even tweeting or posted about something anything anyway?
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: So I couldn't agree more, but I do appreciate.
Speaker 5: You can't just look for good feedback, though, and then think you're the greatest, right, you gotta take it no time, it's funny. You got to laugh at it. But thank you guys for checking out the show. We appreciate it. Cavino and Rich and for Dan Patrick, Day three of the Dan Slam Quick Reminder, Next hour Midweek Major. We do it every Wednesday on our show, which normally asked from two to four, five to seven on the East here on Fox Sports Radio Midweek Major. All the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture? Are they mid as? The kiddies say, are they weak? Are they major stories? We do that next hour with Spot again is Cavino, Rich, Danny g Joel, Spot, Kevin. Thank you guys for hanging out with us. Mike who runs his place. He told me he'll tell you to step it up.
Speaker 6: Rich.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, just just for Big Mike.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, it's interesting you talk about feedback. I'm looking at uh, lots of positive feedback, but you're right there you haters.
Speaker 2: This haters mixed in.
Speaker 3: But it is funny to me that we do live in a world where social media and feedback is a part of our lives. I mean, maybe more so when you're doing a podcast, the radio show with TV you know something in that world sports, but there's a part of me that's like, do you even read it? Is there a point? Is it gonna change what you do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I think for you and I it's different because we're preaching and engagement and involvement, and yeah, I think that's part of the fun. You just can't really take it to heart. You have to have a bit of a thick skin. If you're just a regular fella going about your day and it's upsetting you, then your best bet is to ignore it because there's no point.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is you're forty something year old guy. You've been doing radio and broadcasting and TV and all this stuff for twenty years. Is anything anyone says on X or Instagram or Facebook or anything ever gonna really change your approach?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: But I think it's fun to be involved with the listeners. That's part of the fun. You take the good bet. That's life. It's just exaggerated on social media.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Ignore it?
Speaker 5: In my opinion, you're not doing your job if you're just not engaging or responding your technology. You can't ask people for feedback and then ignore it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No, But if you ask people for feedback and then you get good feedback. You respond, You interact in real life. If someone's nice to you, what do you do, Hey, you're kind back to them. If someone's a j O.
Speaker 2: If someone's a big a hole.
Speaker 4: To you, yeah, you tell them to beat it and move on.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, is that the great is that? Is that the equivalent of all right, perfect block dude, block the person.
Speaker 5: I only block them if they're ruining my day by saying something extremely personal about my family or something like who needs that?
Speaker 4: If they say I suck, I'm like you suck? Next? You know, so who cares? I don't care about that.
Speaker 7: Well, it's gonna be factual, rich because I think I know the comment you're talking about on Twitter. A lot of great input, Thank you to those listeners. And then the one negative I saw said I listened for twenty minutes, haven't heard one word about sports.
Speaker 6: That's that's not right.
Speaker 4: No, he tells us what our show is. It's like, well, we.
Speaker 7: Well what I mean by that's not right? It's not factual because we don't go twenty minutes without talking about.
Speaker 5: It's also odd to expect our show to be the same as another show. That's what makes our show different. It's like, well, we're a different show, and this is what we've always done. Wouldn't it be odd if we came in here and tried to do a Dan Patrick impression. That's not who we are. Like, if that's what this guy would do, that's why he's not in the business.
Speaker 6: I want to be the highest paid Danette.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say that.
Speaker 3: Cavino's right, it's like turning on a you know, a rerun a Modern Family and expecting, you know, Ozark or something.
Speaker 5: You know, It's like, why aren't you Dan Patrick? Because we're Covino and rich That's why you boso. But anyway, he'll be back, and it's always an honor to fill in and hang out. But again, if you like our show, search the podcast Covino and Richard. Just tune in later in the day on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: We gotta talk Tim Anderson, we gotta do midweek major. We have lots more to get to Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick Live in La