Speaker 1: Schmidt. The equipment manager on our high school basketball team was Schmidt also, and he his name was Matt Schmidt, and he could not he was not good. So he was the equipment manager, but he was like the mascot of the team. And he was like Schmidt because again, it was all that we were with that. Everything was what a yeah.
Speaker 2: When they do when they do period pieces about the nineties, like the way that a Bronx tail opens, and he's like it was the fifties. There was a duo group on every corner, it'll be like it was the nineties. Everything was loaded, hundreds of conversations.
Speaker 1: Every conversation. Yeah, that's gonna be from like like our kids, great grandchildren's idea of what the nineties were. I think they were all just like hey dad, let me go out to eat the like, No, there wasn't. It wasn't even just general affect on the way we spoke. Let's go to out bad out bag get some bom Yeah, God damn Alice Springs chicken inn, I want my baby, baby baby that they're like, no, we actually sang that like a song. This is how you guys talked in the early It was all the Matrix and Budweiser Frogs.
Speaker 2: There will be do up groups, but they'll be singing the I Want My Baby Back Ribs song. Oh yeah, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four one three, Episode five of Dirt.
Speaker 1: At least guys, it's a production of iHeart Radium.
Speaker 2: I was just ripped his shirt off.
Speaker 1: No I Wolverine. Oh okay, yeah, yeah ye.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share consciousness.
Speaker 1: Season four one three.
Speaker 2: It feels like it should be a well known area code. I guess it's the Massachusetts area code. This is juset season.
Speaker 1: Uh it's yeah, Western mass mass Hey man Fish, Northampton, Springfield. We love yours, Holy yoak.
Speaker 2: It's Friday, November seventh, twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's fucking Friday. All right, let's just leave it there. It's Friday. Fuck, good's Friday? Wait? What the fuck? Oh wait, hold on, now here we go. It's National Fountain Pen Day. Get out the fucking old baby. Okay, yes, it's also National Jersey Friday. Oh shit, if you got a sports jersey, it's your day. I actually just uh I got a vintage one off eBay that I lost in the fire that I'm I'm gonna wear that shit in a little bit. National Canine Lymphoma Awareness Day, they did not have that win. I was a kid because we were just letting dogs rock the tumors. Uh national bitters, We chopped tumor. But don't you remember I was talking about this earlier at a party. I was like, the amount of money we spend on pet care now versus my back when I was a kid. It was truly like, oh, ship man, that dog tumor got a huge of like yeah, yeah, should be right, should be a right, dog's got a candlelope on its neck. Yeah, no for real, Like I remember my friend's dog, Miles, and I always felt bad because he had a huge testicular tumor. Oh. We would always laughter, like you'll look up because balls are getting and it was just like the parents were like, we're not about to pay on the six thousand dollars. No nobody, dog man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a web ab group on every corner.
Speaker 1: It was a weather.
Speaker 2: Group of dogs were rocking tumas like dogs head tumors, like around the trash campfire, going web as to each other. My name is Jack O'Brien aka now what's his dear side rabbit hopping all around the land. You'd be begging it to stop if you were catching those hands. What the hell is in that pouch? What you got in that pouch? A couple of teats, a couple of spits and milk and some oil and tons of joey pooh one courtesy of Blinky Heck on the disc or.
Speaker 1: Rude pouch. Rude pouch out there you go. Yeah, Blinky Heck doing the couple.
Speaker 2: I've got another another kangaroo k coming your way. That's what we call a teaser in the next episode. Oh maybe maybe you're about to do it?
Speaker 1: Is the one? Uh huh okay, well no, no, actually, don't you go ahead and introduce me? No, no, no, you know what I want to know. I'm leaving this for you. No no, no, no no, I'm leaving no no, no, no no, yes, yes, you simply mustn't, Mom, you simply must. Actually, now that I know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Thrilled to be joined.
Speaker 1: As always buy my co hosts. They call him a wet ass pouchy something. This isn't Miles Groundles aka hydeo NoHo, Oh wow, that's it.
Speaker 2: Just leaving it there, all right.
Speaker 1: No deal, no deal. Heykay, there's some Joey's in this pouch. There's some Joey's in this pouch. There's some Joey's in this pouch. This marsupial stink seven days a week, wet and Gushie, make that Joey really reap? Okay, hbo, Max, just do it. I can't. I can't do it after you just did that, I get I mean do yeah, I know. Sorry, you set me up. I tried to act like I wasn't gonna fall for it, but I did. Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Had to suckling Joey in the skin bag. That's some wet ass pouchy blinky.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh wait, maybe there's different ones, because that was wow serenipitous game with it. Jack meant to do that one. I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to talk to our guest about this piece of trivia that we we just learned. One of the best podcast host doing it anywhere, my old friend from the crack days, very funny writer, a Jeopardy champion, host of the Wonderful Podcast, secretly, incredibly, secretly, incredibly fascinating with Katie Golden.
Speaker 1: It's Alex.
Speaker 2: It's great to be here.
Speaker 3: I wish I had more kangaroo things to bring to the table.
Speaker 1: I'm just to be around. Have you done on Marsupials episode or secretly has that? Has that brought you any marsupial knowledge, because we just learned a lot about marsupials recently throughs just we just learned.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's wet, you know like that, because that's always been I'd always pictured it as just being like the front pocket of like a hoo jeans.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, and sure, no, it's it's messy in there. It's kind of anice. Yeah, like you put the joey in there. It's like I was, there are other other Marsupers got the pouch opening oriented differently, and they got like basically a sphincter that'll keep the ship inside too. On some on some marsupials, they tighten it. Yeah. They were like, because it's because it's hanging out on all fours. Yeah yeah, yeah, wow, okay, anyway.
Speaker 2: Pouch think, well you know about that?
Speaker 1: What do you know about that pouch sphincter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's weird because they're not quite marsupials. It's a different thing. Called mono dreams. But we just did an episode about the kidness and so of course, also Katie Golden, any animal topic, she knows a lot coming. Yeah, it's like, why do you take a seat, Alex. Let me get loose here. Let me talk to these ships about a pouch real quick. The pouch facts that she would hit us with, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like would blow my mind. I don't know if I'm ready for it yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he kidnas akin just lay an egg and then apparently the female they don't quite have a pouch, but they basically flex abdominal portions of their body like a cavity to hold the egg in, which seems like a real rough way to spend a lot of time. Yeah, I didn't know they lay egg. God damn are they the only mammal that lays it? They're a mammal. That's a mammal, right, Yeah, Kennas and platypuses are the amount of dreams.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, I feel like the.
Speaker 2: Animal groupings are like the fruit vegetable groupings, where it's like, yeah, I mean, could be a fruit, could be a vegetable, and then this one lays an egg and then it just like but it keeps it in a orifice and they have pockets built in. It's like, that's those are pants that you're talking about. That doesn't even make sense. Yeah, an animal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did want like a few months ago about pistachios, and those are droups. They're sort of related to stone fruit. They're like a little aculinary nut because we eat them like nuts, but they're not nuts.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: Oh, they look like the plant is taking a poop when like the way when you see them growing, it's like, ugh, it's wait one nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look yeah, they look.
Speaker 3: Like flesh on them and it looks like kind of poopy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Looks oh not not the way I was expecting it to. All right, I thought they grew in those cans, you know, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: The Uh.
Speaker 2: By the way, don't knock holding an egg inside your body. Uh. Gwyn Paltrow has really opened my eyes to the value of the yawnny egg.
Speaker 1: You can finally control your pee on the public floor. Thanking you for that. It's been a game changer for that. I can now I can fart with control.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The alphabet alex. We're thrilled to have you here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the stories we're talking about today, starting to see those consequences of the shutdown in ways that might make the mainstream media be like, this has gone too far. That A will reduce air traffic by ten percent starting today, I believe, across forty high volume markets in order to relieve pressure on air traffic controllers.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that. We'll talk about Nancy Pelosi retiring in two years. What is she like doing?
Speaker 2: This is like Doctor j where we're gonna do like a farewell tour and like honor her, Like, what just tell us once you've retired?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, given me this two years from Did she do like a lebron The Decision type special where she like sat down and said yes, now, I believe in two years.
Speaker 2: Two years, two years at the age of eighty seven.
Speaker 1: I say, she's like, I just think nineties too far. I think the second you can't, like, you should be able to go downstairs steps backwards as a physical test, you know, yeah, obviously if you have other mobility issues, that's not the test. But like if you're so old you couldn't go down the steps backwards. Yeah, it's a wrap. I can really do it now. So I don't know. I should probably shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: And we are making you.
Speaker 2: We're making you go through the stairs test before every every recording, just making sure.
Speaker 1: You've got the deck. Staity just tears down my face.
Speaker 2: I will talk about the future of ai ads coming from Meta, and we'll talk about our good friend Tom Brady, who just dropped a sponsored dog on us. You know, this is like a dog whose existence is a is a like marketing activation.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he pulled astrides in he cloned his dog. But it was all like from the drawing of the blood of the first dog that was cloned. It was like in line with a marketing plan for this company that he invests in. We'll talk about that plenty.
Speaker 1: More, but first, Alex, we do like to ask our guest, what.
Speaker 2: Is something from your search history that's revealing about.
Speaker 1: Who you are?
Speaker 3: I he checked up on the guy who's a Manchester United fan and has grown his hair until they win five matches in a row. Yeah, yeah, so he's approaching four hundred days of not cutting his hair.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's crazy, is throwing out like you've never seen. I've heard a lot of fans are now saying it's becoming a distraction because now everyone's thinking of if this guy is going to finally cut his hair. And they got close. I think they did three games in a row, maybe four, and then they just lost. Yeah, they just lost again and everyone and everyone was like, oh, that motherfucker's hair is going to be there for at least another six weeks. Seven, Well, there's an international break, but yeah, is.
Speaker 2: It common to win five games in a row? Like, is that just a basic unheard of?
Speaker 1: It's not it anyway. I think it's because they've been in such dire straits for the last few years that they cannot string together. Like their last manager couldn't even get two games in a row. Wow, until just now like he just got three and they're like, oh shit, we're back. But they used to be one finding is that your squad? Alex?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 3: I picked him because oddly their manager was named Alex. When I was a kid and was picking teams and I was like, oh, if they have an iconic manager named Alex and also they wear Chicago Bulls colors.
Speaker 1: This is great change of wardrobe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now I'm tied to basically the Dallas Cowboys of soccer.
Speaker 1: And that's how it is. It's just the way the way life works. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But they Yeah, and last weekend they drew. They had one three in a row and then they settled for a draw, and like a road draw against an Okay team is not that bad. But everybody was specifically upset about the hair because it has to be wins. A draw breaks the streak. Nope, how is his hair like?
Speaker 1: Does it? Is he pulling it off?
Speaker 3: He has pretty curly hair, I would say, and he can just kind of tie it all back pretty easily. But then when he releases it, it's this huge like brow around his head. And people have been doing means of like a view of Manchester from space, where it's just we're really having some fun.
Speaker 1: With that right now. Yeah. Yeah, oh man, but he's not like going full. He has like a very cherubic face. I don't even know how much of a beard he could get going on that face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's all had hair. Yeah, that would be fun if he looked like a gross man or a John Baptist for running across the nation face yeah yeah, not quite yeah, not quite yeah, but because I got curious about it how he's doing. And yeah, it honestly looks like they could win five and they're kind of next set of matches, so we'll see potentially.
Speaker 1: He's got a great head of hair for this. Oh no, it's it's it's fun. It's fun. Yeah, big hair. It looks like it looks like a guy who's girl who's like, please let me cut my hair now because it's so big and unruly. Please win. The team that they drew against Nottingham Forest is really it's funny because they're the guy who owns a team is like a Greek mafia guy who has like bro he's like accused of like bombing judges bakery, Like a judge ruled against him and he bombed this guy's bakery or fire bombed his bakery. And one of their star players tried to leave for Tottenham and suddenly the deal was off and this player did an interview like with the man the owner right behind him, like a fucking hostage video, and he's like, I just have to thank mister a Marinakis for giving me the vision to stay here and I and I only really wanted to stay at this club. And everyone's like, this is the shady shit I've ever seen. This guy's getting threatened by like some Greek mafioso.
Speaker 2: Tragedy of all that lost bakhlah blah you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, still thinking about the bakery. Yeah, lost my focus there, I do. I love bacla bah so much.
Speaker 2: It is like the sweetest substance on earth. I feel like it's just like that's like some bacle by I've had is just they've like just you know, baked down the honey so that it's like just so concentrated. So anyways, that's what I'll be thinking about for the rest of the show. What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: I really like this is something that people already think is at least pretty good. But I really like the new album by Clips this year. It's phenomenal, very very good music. Oh my god, yeah you're reup gang, Alex.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Oh it's fun, and like they're just there's just actually rappers and I really have no life connection to cooking cocaine in Virginia Beach, but they do a great job of telling the stories about it and getting other themes going.
Speaker 1: You know, that's the point Clips, everyone thinking they were cooking cracked on PI rex in Virginia Beach. That's the power of their music. That's when their first album. I thought I was selling crack cocaine in a tennis ball. I wasn't. I was at a private Catholic high school. Now is the tennis ball?
Speaker 2: Actually were they using a tennis ball or was it just a tennis ball sized bag?
Speaker 1: No, the tennis ball is how you That's how you move the worker across the street. They thought we was playing catch. No, there was a there was drugs in there, so it's like, oh, here catch the ball. But really they said, hey let me get that. Then you take the cat drugs. Yeah, the drugs are drugs. Trying to seal it back up. You have some little like arts and crafts, yeah, baby, yeah yeah. What's your favorite? What's your favorite chocko on the new Clips album?
Speaker 3: Uh, Mike Tyson, Blow to the Face is really good. Oh yeah, And but I feel like like the very first track is like very emotional and Dad's passing and everything. Yeah, and like there's a there's a real range on it. I know, I a sentence ago made it sound like they only talk about cocaine, But there's there's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: It's all nice.
Speaker 2: They love their dad. Their dad sound like a great guy. Yeah, it's really tragic. Songs about like how good your dad was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, truly it's like, yeah, pops bounced on old you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's there right with you.
Speaker 3: Because also, like growing up, I feel like I was told that rap is that good and country is not good, and that adulthood has been a lot of discovering how good both of those are, because there's a lot of good country music also about you disappointed your parents and you're just trying to live, like Merle Haggard his sing's Mama tried about disappointing his mom, and you know, they just really capture really emotionally, and then also do hardcore songs about how they're kicking ass all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, yeah, I love it. You know who else likes the clips? The Pope did?
Speaker 2: They didn't they perform.
Speaker 1: A performed at the Vatican. I don't know. Yeah that was wild. Did you see that was a personal request by the Pope? Yeah, he's like, I'm re up getting He's like, make sure stove God Cooks is also here. I want to hear a fight ball will Smiff Jacket boy, I cook it till the inside out. I love that. Or fresh Prince Jacket, I cook him till they inside out. Yeah that's I don't know. I don't know. I think that was because if you should check that one out, because I think they did. Birds don't sing with like an orchestra at the Vatican. Yeah, like this is an amazing tip. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's like this Pope, the Chicago Pope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this happened. This happened like two months ago. This that's always thought of you as the Chicago but the Chicago Pope. But you know that's he's home.
Speaker 2: Another thing you too have in common.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he the.
Speaker 3: Pope attended Game one of the two thousand and five World Series, and is there is footage of him in the actual like Fox or whatever telecount watching Bobby Junks try to close out Game one and terrified of won't work out, making the face that I made in our basement at home.
Speaker 1: It's it's the best amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean, he just looked like some guy like he was just the pictures of him at that game. He's just like there with like his brother, like they're eating hot dogs. Funny, funny, what's something he thinks overrated?
Speaker 3: This is I guess it's kind of like the Clips thing because people know this is bad, but like the New York Post is very like it's yucky. We need to when Zoran one not only they put out a cover where they like turned him into communist propaganda. And then I just learned today that they are selling prints, like merchandise prints of the cover for huge money in the official New York Post store.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're now saying, because we're to this morning talk about how the physical copies sold out and people are flipping the actual newspaper. But now the Post is going a step further and be like, hey, you want to buy that thing where we're we're saying you're all going to die, Yeah, this guy's life, but like this is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a twelve inch by twelve inch metal print that they will print on demand and frame and send straight to you. And like if they haven't any ethics or actual worries about anything ever being good according to their beliefs, they would not be making merch of like the End of the City. You know, there's just awful, terrible, and their readers, I think just want to be led to like it. Like it physical looks like propaganda. When you pick up that newspaper, you know you're just hearing what you want to hear. The man they know their way around a pun, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but not as good as the Sun. The Sun in the UK they love a pun. Also, oh yeah, there's pretty there's their next level. Also, there was one where Manchester United beat Arsenal eight to two and it said eight to see you like this. I know it's devastating for me as an Arsenal fan.
Speaker 2: Just looking at when you google best New York Times or New York Post covers, they have somebody arresting someone for public urination.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. This was from PIGEONWS and it says cops zip pisser.
Speaker 2: You'urine cuffs.
Speaker 1: There. It is right love that jeweler gets his rocks off. Fifty shades of rage.
Speaker 3: Like like, I know a lot of the issues get recycled, but they're just generating garbage. They're not generating anything beyond garbage. Every day like they should not exist as a business city.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there was a vibrator giveaway that the city stepped in and stopped.
Speaker 1: What do you think the big headline was there? Two words?
Speaker 2: Wait, sorry, buzz off very close almost buzz kill City stops vibrator giveaway. Buzz Kill City stops vibrator give away. I love that, Love that, gotta love that. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about some news and we're back and yeah. So this has always been something that has put pressure were the government to end shutdowns, which is the fact that air traffic controllers don't get paid and people need those. I think, if I'm understanding this correctly, people need air traffic controllers, is that right?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah? From from what I witnessed, typically somebody who's lived in the flight path of the Burbank Airport growing up, it feels like a lot of shit's coming in and going, even for a small place. So yeah, I would I'd say probably.
Speaker 2: They I just remember from that episode of Breaking Bad spoiler alerts, But what the impact that it's breaking good?
Speaker 1: They just acquitted the sandwich guy. They aquitted Yes, sandwich story see has been acquitted. Okay, good to know, to know the bare minimum is happening.
Speaker 2: I mean easy for you to say. I have friends who live in DC, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just they can still smell the mushard onion. I'm worried about them.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you saw the way that sandwich didn't explode, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sorry, sorry.
Speaker 2: But the shutdown, the shutdown, the shutdown, which I mean partially has to be motivated by that. I mean that plays out of control people. They probably feel safer not in DC with a with a guy like that, the mad sandwicher on the loose. But this is so that FA will reduce air traffic by ten percent across forty high volume markets in order to relieve pressure on air traffic controllers who are working without pay during the shutdown and are calling out of work because they apparently they're weird and they prefer jobs that can they can use to like feed their family, and so they're they're like having to drive uber and stuff like that to make ends meet. So we're weeks away from Thanksgiving, which I think I knew based on the documentary Plans Trains and Autumn Mobiles is a busy time for travel. I didn't know it is the busiest time every year, Like those days around Thanksgiving are the busiest time for air travel in the country, like more than Christmas, more than the other holidays that.
Speaker 1: We travel before. And looks bad. It doesn't look good. I don't.
Speaker 2: I feel like this particular president is uniquely insulated from giving a shit about this. But it does feel like there's going to be a lot of political pressure now coming their way.
Speaker 1: I would think. I just that that. I mean, the the one thing with the shutdown to is just thinking of like the Democrats. Right now, there is a group that's working with Republicans to try and reopen the government on some bipartisan shit, but like not getting the kinds of guarantees you need to be, Like, well, they say we'll get a vote on extending ACA subsidies, things like that. It's like they just got their shit beat down on Tuesday. Stay the fucking course. Don't let these people who are have demonstrated every time they are not trustworthy or good faith actors in any negotiation. Don't let them hoodwink you into reopening the government and then like pissing away all those healthcare subsidies, because that is really massive. That's just like the one thing I'm like worried about every time you search shutdowns, like, oh, this the bipartisan group is becoming hopeful, but it's like, at there's a lot of leverage here to actually protect people's health care subsidies. Yeah, sorry, I.
Speaker 3: Agree, And like it seems like the Republicans are really stuck because they are authoritarians, and the only way forwardness for them to lose something, right, Like they control the government. Yeah, the government's shut down. It's their faults to everyone, even if they don't have a huge majority, so they have to lose something, even though they've decided they get to build a thousand year Reich because they won the presidential election by like a point and a half.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, they're not. Look, no, none of these powerful people know how to read the room. It turns out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well the rooms that they're in they're reading fine, and those rooms are like, yes, sir, that's a brilliant idea, sir.
Speaker 1: That's what. Don't you tell them the news?
Speaker 2: You look in that suit, sir, that's the news. Like, I feel like that's the kind of ship that's going on behind new Cologne.
Speaker 1: Sir, New Colone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is kind of alarming that this isn't already have Like we've been hearing that the air traffic controllers are having to call off work to feed their families more and more since this started. And yeah, it's kind of weird that they are like, that's it on Friday. We're going to have to take that into account, right, Well, that that seems like a thing that would you should have been taken into account already, Miles. I want to pick your political brain here for a second, because we do know, like the Republicans could have nuked the filibuster, which I'm told as a thing, and ended the shutdown up to this point. What do they, like, what is their reason.
Speaker 1: For not doing that? Do we think for not nuking the filibuster?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not nuking the filibuster and just ending the thing and being like we did it on our own term.
Speaker 1: One people, I think one is that like because the Democrats have framed a lot of this and being like they're about to fuck your healthcare subsidies and open enrollment's happening now, so people are starting to see the like, oh wait, what the fuck? Like, what is going on. He they don't want to own those healthcare cuts that they passed in the big beautiful build because like now, like at the time they're like, yay, that's fine, but now because reality is hitting on that, they're like, fuck, fuck, fuck, I don't know, you know, shut the fuck up about it. But the other party is a lot of people, a lot of Senate Republicans. They do feel that the end of the filibuster can come back to bite them in the ass if the Democrats regain control of the Senate, because then that means you're gonna go for a wild ride where they only need a simple majority to get shipped through. And they're like, that could also be bad. So there's still a sort of like it is kind of a safeguarden while we like to not use it, like sometimes like fuck the philibuster, let's get this shit going. I think they are. They're also just concerned because I'm sure a lot of the Republicans see the polling, they see the results, and they're like, like, I don't know, maybe there is gonna be fuckery in the midterms and future elections. But if there isn't and people still are able to vote, Republicans out that's also not that. Also, you know, it benefits them to be obstructionists and have the filibuster in place, got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense. So it's not just that they don't want that steam vote to happen. It's no, that means other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's sure, but there is all of But I think it's everything right, you know, like they also don't. But then there's clearly a bunch of people who also are somewhat kind of still tethered to earth. And like, I mean, I do feel bad. I tell these people I'm representing them, and like they're going hungry and their healthcare is all messed up, and I gotta don't I kind of hide from them. I don't want to do that anymore. Some most are very willing to hide from them. But yeah, I think one of the main reasons you hear with especially the resistance to the filibuster has been we don't want to be we don't want to get got on the other side of that too, right, Okay, sir.
Speaker 2: On the one hand, my job is to like represent these people and they're literally starving to death. On the other hand, God, you smell fucking fantastic.
Speaker 1: I just wanted you to know that.
Speaker 2: I bet they're going in there being like, oh, I'm going to fucking tell him this just can't stand. This cannot stand. And them they get and they're like.
Speaker 3: Uh, diet coaxer, right, right right? And also right now, it must be truly bizarre to be an air traffic controller who is actually ill, right, Like that's gotta be a weird time and stuff like you actually need to call in sick, I know, but like everybody's getting sick too, like they have stress season. Everybody's gonna say it's like, oh okay, another one great, right yeah, And I really feel for like it's they're making them do forced labor and my high pressure job, like what's going on?
Speaker 1: It'll do highest pressure because you know, also as an air traffic controller, fucking lives are on the line. So as much as like if it's not like a retail job would like or something like when I would do service job, I'm like, man, fuck today, bro y'all can fucking deal with that ship in the that is sort of like a fucking plane. People could fucking die. Yeah, yeah, So you've really got me against the wall here, because I, in good conscience don't want to put people at risk. Plus you're not paying for me. It's it's pretty fucking vile.
Speaker 2: But I think you should do the ultimate sign of respect and start lining up outside their houses with pots and pans and just weirding them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah bang bang bang bang bang bang bank thank you, I mean thank you, yeah, back bang. It's uh, it's a vital part of you know, the how money moves and people move in this country.
Speaker 2: And I mean that's the issue, Like it's you know, people people have been feeling the effects of this for a long time and you know, are now starving, like families are starving. The food bank lines are out the fucking you know, just the longest they've ever been. But this is also how money moves, Like this is getting in the way of business travel. This is getting in the way like it's not just you know, passenger airplanes, it's also cargo airplanes. Like, right, that's fucking up big corporate product.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I think also they'll probably I don't know, I haven't seen what the actual the throttling back of air traffic looks like, but i'd imagine they're not going to do things when it's like flights between Washington, D C. And New York City where they said regional ones.
Speaker 2: They said they're going to target like, sorry, Milwaukee, get fucked.
Speaker 1: But what about Thanksgiving? I don't know, man, rent a U haul. You've seen plane trans in autumn. Get your Poka band in the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, b from a bigger city, come on, yeah, they said. They specifically said, like, more regional flights that use seven thirty sevens are going to be the ones that get hit first.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, maybe they can do some maintenance on those planes while they're grounded.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, yeah, I'm sure they have plenty of resources for that.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 2: Just want to give a hearty, you know, career rest in Pistposo to the career of Nancy Pelosi where she is finally retiring in the year twenty twenty seven, when when she turns eighty seven and is like, that feels like the right age, right, is that technically retirement age eight? No, it's actually twenty two years after retirement age. You're you should have retired in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, yeah, I mean it's what she's She's just ready, huh, I'm ready now after decades and after.
Speaker 2: Long decades of fearless triangulation and ushering in a version of the Democratic Party that has delivered us to absolute ruin. We I have finally decided that my mission is through. I've achieved everything.
Speaker 1: I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean also by why don't you bring up retirement ages?
Speaker 2: Right? Like?
Speaker 3: That makes very clear that you are not money mindset. You're not hustle oriented, Like, how do you get those stock tips if you're retired? Right? How are you gonna money?
Speaker 1: Never sleeps? How am I going to get stock tips if she retires?
Speaker 2: We cut out the forty five minutes at the beginning of this where Alex just gave me a long lecture about how I'm not money mindset enough and how my grindset fucking sucks.
Speaker 1: Right he said, He said, yeah, your money's kind of funny. Yeah, and not in a good way. And they're like, oh shit, check was stay a while to stop crying, But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's because I woke up at what was at four thirty eight am exactly, and I started writing when I was going to say to Jack, and I duck my head in the water or whatever, and then I did a bunch of calisthenics and I headed more water and now.
Speaker 1: Too much water, almost drown actually.
Speaker 2: Prayed for two and a half hours while doing push ups exactly.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean she a wall burger. She said, we have made history. We have made progress, I mean incrementally. Yes, you have made history. Yeah damn sure. Yeah, you already be in there, girl, you are going to be in there. You will be there.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be the good the hero of the story, unfortunately, but you have definitely you've made it. Yeah, you helped us get to interesting times there.
Speaker 1: It will be a chapter like if you take out all the pain and suffering that's actually caused by our government, you could just be like, yeah, she's had a long career and she's achieved a lot, and she objectively knows how to negotiate. Now where those actual what was the legislation was? Were all of them helpful to working people? No, I'm not quite. Some work, some work, some were some were some were nice token gestures, some were more substantive. But I think at the end of the day, seeing somebody who's been in Congress for thirty nine years and is now saying I'll leave when I'm eighty seven, You're like, we had we had a lot going on just the last couple of years where it would have been nice to have people not go to bat for the status quo, and that that degradation, that clinging to the status quo has opened the lane for what we have now degradation.
Speaker 2: I mean, some people are saying, like, it's hard not to read into the timing of this after Mum Donnie's win, like you might signal that the future of the party is with young progressive. So I would say some very hopeful people are reading it that way and that they're like, and maybe Chuck Schumer will get the message and he'll get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chuck Schumer is closer to a bitings or on Mumdannie's head off the endorsing him. I think, like a fucking bat at an Ozzy Osbourne show. Yeah he would.
Speaker 2: He would suck so bad at biting his head off, though, I feel like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he'd he'd do a little bit, and it's like, you're not built for this, You're not built for head biting. Nah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't have bad head mindset, he doesn't have.
Speaker 2: I love this. I love the alex As are like hustle grind set beat reporter. Yeah, just away in here. Schumer doesn't have grindset, he doesn't have hustle.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: Yeah whatever, whatever size you think my T shirt does, think smaller folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's real tight, really really big. Yeah, it's one of the tip Yeah. I gotta cut little little fucking holes in the sleeve just so my biceps can breathe films.
Speaker 2: Right, God, remember Sean Penn's biceps in one battle after another.
Speaker 1: That's what you think about anything but.
Speaker 2: Those biceps. Well, how tight his T shirt was. And now just like weird old man vascular veiny his he had, he had washed old man doing HG H body. Yeah, yeah, you know, I hear that movie's good.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh it's blessed. It's a blast. Just something. I just think of his gate when I think of how he walks so wild and then he like does that little head thing. Yeah yeah, it's like truly like I have.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I've had the worst case of hemorrhoids for twenty five years, but I won't go to a doctor because I'm homophobic and I don't want to look at my butthole. So I'm just powering through it, walking.
Speaker 2: Like this justin if you clip that part of myles just saying that the worst for the past twenty.
Speaker 1: Five years, and it won't see a doctor because I'm homophobic and I don't want to think in my buttholes. I need that as a drop. I won't even squat over a hand mirror.
Speaker 2: Coming from a man who said, you burned me, You.
Speaker 4: Burned me, It's gonna be a great tea shirt. Yeah, yeah, all right, let's talk about AI ads. Ticketmaster is the latest major company to dive into AI slop. It's just basically like changing people the color of people's clothing. There's nothing like being a Vanderbilt fan. There's nothing like being a usc football fan in a sea of red and gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's they're doing this thing where they're just pushing out mass advertisements on Facebook with like the same slop AI family, but the hoodies and the background colors just changed depending on the university. They did another one for World Series tickets with the most AI looking family, like if you you'd almostly like, is the mom are the mom and dad twins or something like their faces are so freaky very But again, all of this is happening because Meta is not doing great at all with their consumer focused AI product product really and so now they're just leveraging their insane power as an advertising machine to push out AI slop for pennies on the dollar to get more business that way because they're trying to turn a profit. So the future of is hyper personalized ads using the power of AI. Quintin and Mark Szuckerberg. This, he said, quote advertisers are increasingly just going to be able to give us a business objective and give us a credit card or bank account, and have the AI system basically figure out everything else that's necessary, including generating video or different types of creative that might resonate with different people that are personalized in different ways, finding who the right customers are mmm.
Speaker 2: And that I was like, okay, yeah, that is this is the first claim about AI that I've believed. Like, yes, this is very clearly what I was made for. It's to take our information and generate like weird ads that seem tailor made to like for us throughout. That's what it's going to be. It's not going to replace like Hollywood. It's still going to feel weird, but like ads already feel.
Speaker 1: Weird, you know, Like I'm already ignoring them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's just going to be like more personalized ads that are like weird and dumb the way ads always have been. But they'll just like, have you know the color of your team on them?
Speaker 1: And brands are gonna love that shit. Yeah, they're like, hello, Alex, you like the Bulls, Great, check out this deal. And you know so four or four Media is the one that reported on it, and they looked at the ad library from Ticketmaster and just said, oh, they just discovered like, oh my god, this is like this is all they're doing now, just found all this larger campaign of generic text AI slop to target fans of different colleges and different teams. It and it's not gonna stop because it costs relatively little money to shoot out pictures of like ethnically ambiguous families with a thousand yard stare and maybe change a couple of colors, and this.
Speaker 2: Family is cloons yeah right, just like you right, No, no, sorry, we're not.
Speaker 1: We're not. It'll probably get to the point where it'd be like, hey, Miles, you know how your parents couldn't get the sneakers you wanted as a kid, Well, here's your chance. With this flash sale to honor your inner child, and like, how did you fucking know all this? It's like it's we've listened to the podcast where we feel sorry sorry. Yeah, Like it just feels that's that's the way they're going to use this as sort of like the magic trick for advertisers. Like no, it's just like the way they could say we can get your ads in front of specific demographics on Facebook or Instagram. They're like, not only that, we will create the image that resonates the most with this group based on our out algorithmics, not slop findings. Hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I Also I was watching YouTube, I think it was two days ago, and I saw my first AI made ad in the wilds at least that I could tell, And it was horrifying because it wasn't even trying to exploit specificity. It was for that Calshi thing where you can just it seems like gamble on any event or thing at all. But they could have just filmed it with humans and had them say something, but it was like AI beings that uncannily turned toward camera and wearing kind of glossy situations and just saying essentially bet on everything. And then like a different picture of two New AI people and the lady says bet on everything, and it was just completely uncammy the targeting of this, Like I would rather have a Homunculus trying to give me a Syracuse Universe the alumni shirt or something.
Speaker 1: You know, at least that's thinking about me. Yeah hello orange Man. Yeah yeah, I'm orange Man. Yeah yeah there.
Speaker 2: That's also so presumptuous of them, and like, I'm very disappointed in they. I slapped to think that they could give you advice about how to get your paper up. You're Alex Schmidt. Yeah, your grindset money, fucking your money explode man on the street.
Speaker 1: Somehow Alex sells the AI court AI slop a course a business course. I don't know. I got this fucking a. I had to buy a three hundred dollars course off of me.
Speaker 3: Our model wants the homunculus to work for it.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I don't get that.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break. We'll come back and check in with Tom Brady at a goat that golt Doug golt Man, and we're back and Kim kardashing yesterday, Tom Brady today, thank you.
Speaker 1: The the best the goat, the goat, Tom Brady. You think he's where it's hard.
Speaker 2: You know, I am a Patriots fan. He is just had the ability to win. Watching him, like on a play to play basis, he's not like the best thrower, like he doesn't have like the best ball or anything like that. But like when it comes to being like a complete psycho who like got everybody to play and like perform at a high level, I do think he's got ill. He's got the Jordan mental.
Speaker 1: He's not like a show hey goat where you're like, look at this fucking human being, do this right thing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Jordan I think had both like had both that crazy you know thing that made everybody but also like the eye test was like that's I've never seen a human being do that, Like that's the coolest looking thing ever. And like I don't think he ever really had that.
Speaker 1: He was just there.
Speaker 2: He was like a force of nature where it was like, oh, they're down twenty in the super Bowl and like you're still like I think he's gonna win. Actually, I think against all odds, he's going to figure out a way to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We've also gotten a lot of data from before and after Brady times. For Belichick, it seems like Belichick, well is a fella who stands on the sideline.
Speaker 2: I think, I will say, I think what we see with Belichick is the same thing that we're seeing with in in the government that like at a certain age, it's just like it's not aging guys, like we're you know that there's another football coach, Pete Carroll who had an amazing career and he just went to a new team this year, and everyone's.
Speaker 1: Like, man, they got Pete Carroll.
Speaker 2: That guy's like got a you know, high energy and he like turns programs around and has just been a disaster. Like it's like and he's you know, like a late seventies guy. Where's he at now?
Speaker 1: He's the Raiders. So he went from the Sea, was at the Seahawks, Seahawks, he went sc Seahawks, Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and everyone buys into it. It does seem like we just have this cognitive bias where we're like, oh, they'll probably be fine.
Speaker 1: Why is Trump?
Speaker 2: Say, why is Trump's face drooping like that? Why does why is Bill Belichick no longer the best football coach ever? And now he's terrible?
Speaker 1: Wow? His nurse is hot. No, that's his girlfriend. Oh bro oh no, oh no wait, so is Tom Brady cloning goats now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, he's clean.
Speaker 2: So he's in the news this week not because of his broadcasting career, which hasn't gone quite as well. I think everybody hoped he has used modern technology to necromance his dead dog back into existence.
Speaker 1: Uh. Louis the pit bull.
Speaker 2: Died in twenty twenty three. Tom Brady cloned her, which is heartwarming.
Speaker 1: That's you know, that's great, that's good.
Speaker 2: And in no way does it conjure memories of pet cemetery And in no way does that No way does the movie Pet Cemetery like suggest that maybe we feel weird about people bringing animals back to life, right, and maybe don't do that because it's there's there's weird energy around that. Also, this is a dog that he shared with Gizell, so it's also like a little element of sadness.
Speaker 1: Did he also clon too? He hasn't cloned.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, maybe I don't know exactly who he's been dating, but you know, we'll see. Yeah, but yeah, in a few short months, Colossal gave my family a second chance. With a clone of our beloved dog. That sounds like how people talk.
Speaker 1: I love to drop the name brand of a company when I talk about something great that's happened for me that isn't an ad and.
Speaker 2: People will always say our beloved dog beloved. That's like conversationally my pat comma, who I love yah booms? I love belovedly?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is hooms? I love belovedly? Okay? Wait, is colossal the people that did the fucking diar wolf?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll get to Okay.
Speaker 2: So the process is very controversial. It requires several additional dogs to make one clone. S Cloners have to harvest egg cells and use surrogate mother dogs. Wow, so you're just like taking other animals and like inserting the DNA. The first ever dog clones were two of only three pregnancies that resulted from more than one thousand embryos implanted into one hundred and twenty three surrogates.
Speaker 1: One thousand embryos in a one hundred and twenty three sarrogates, three pregnancies, and then you only got two out of there.
Speaker 2: You got two dogs, all right, which seems like a lot of suffering on a lot of dogs.
Speaker 1: Parts to uh get those two dogs? Just quick maths, what's uh, what's two divided by one thousand? Yeah, just to get a SI's not raded here. Yeah, and like not that it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Seem I think the technology has improved since then, but it still doesn't seem like a thing that could be financially viable, like you know what I mean, Like it just seems like it's another like so much of you know, capital late stage capitalism, just like a pump and dump, Like look at this crazy technology.
Speaker 1: Look how cool this is? Right.
Speaker 2: People are pointed out, like you know, Barbi streisand cloned her dogs and immediately was like, this is not my dog. Like I guess personality is not just like a genetic thing, because none of the dogs were remotely similar to one another. They just like looked the same. But they're certainly preying on our ignorance around that, with some of the company names being perpet you wait.
Speaker 1: Oh great, for instance, clever, clever, clever, clever, clever, perpetuate. Wow. They ate on that one for sure, wowy per pet oh you ate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this this whole process is not the future that Star Wars episode two promised Camino ocean planet with the clones, they made it really easy exactly.
Speaker 1: That did look shitty for the clones.
Speaker 3: I will say, ah, like the life, Yeah that's not a great life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a great life, but they're clones. Who cares? Yeah, the.
Speaker 2: The And I think they had them growing faster at like a at a faster rate like they grew, which was always my question about Jurassic Park because these were like full grown dinosaurs. So did they clone them thirty years ago? Like how how is it so quick or how early did they have cloning technology?
Speaker 1: And that was also my question about the dire Wolf.
Speaker 2: Like we're not seeing that many like pictures or like videos of the dire Wolf, probably because it's still like just a baby, probably like.
Speaker 1: Kill me the fucking mess kind of fucking bring some shit back that shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: But Tom Brady's if you've seen his broadcasting career, this this next part won't surprise you because he looks like a synthetic like he looks like a he looks like a synthetic human being.
Speaker 1: He's just like an alien, yeah, straight up, just very smooth faced, giant white teeth and something off behind the eyes.
Speaker 3: Yes, But speaking of me being a Manchester United fan. He's kind of morphing into Christiana Ronaldo and I don't love that guy either, but like it's kind of a weird thing going out, Like at some point, if you're gonna be a tycoon of superhuman sports ness, that kind of guy starts existing.
Speaker 1: It's weird. Christiano and not a big Trump fan now too. He was saying something cool. He's like he's the future, and you're like Trump is the future. It's such an interesting take. He had faces like melting off of this. He says something about how he's like the man who's going to change the world. It's like some weird ship anyway. But just it was named after.
Speaker 3: Ronald Reagan, Like it makes sense, like of course they're friends, Christiano Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 1: Is he dad named him after Ronald Reagan? Is that real? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Dan was a big fan of Ronald Reagan and his you know, Portuguese or whatever.
Speaker 1: Why would you bother? But yeah, my god, my son, thatcher. You know, we appreciate that anecdote.
Speaker 2: So I just want to read the details of like how this came about, because it was not about like celebrating a beloved pet. It was basically just a deal to promote this company like from the start, like so like you like you mentioned my there's a colossal recent acquired a cloning company, but they are the same cloning company that did the Dire Wolf and are just like you know, Headline Farming. Essentially, Brady collected his dog's blood before it died with this plan in mind. Like there he was like this is Oh, you're gonna make me a lot of money. I guess he's drawn blood from a still living dog, being like, now could you die on our timeline so that we could get this out in line with.
Speaker 1: Dude, Now I'm wondering he must have posted some fake gas insincere my dog died post as like a long place you know, definitely right, okay as hell? Yeah take three hundred. Tom.
Speaker 2: You need to actually, like we need to get some emotion out of your face as you're you're supposed to be like sad that the dog died. Oh my god, like he's smiling so much. They just see gi upside down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, Tom, can you put the cash down? Don't put it in the frame as you're talking, just put it on the table. If you can't, I think it hurts.
Speaker 2: The relatability when you're drying your tears with cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 2: People are pointing out that his Dead Dog Clone is essentially a brand activation all in the surface of hype and colossals fifty thousand dollars dog cloning service, So I guess they can make it profitable at a certain level if it's fifty thousand dollars a per dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: This company just seems like wildly full of shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They said they brought the dire wolf back. Genetic experts are like they added some of the high ray elements to existing wolves, Like you can't bring a dire wolf back because there aren't dire wolves to give birth to a dire.
Speaker 1: Wolf like that, you know well, and also just the splicing you have to do is like that's why everyone was like, this isn't this it's a it's like a hybrid. It's some other abomination created by Colossal. But I mean, they're very clear it's not like Jurassic Park. Oh wait, it's exactly that. They say.
Speaker 2: Their headline is Colossal is the real life blockbuster of Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones celebs like Tom Brady behind it. Oh, their own website brags at the company. Is what you get when you mix Jurassic Park, the Avengers, and Indiana Jones and real life.
Speaker 1: What the fucker? What does that mean? Indiana Jones?
Speaker 2: So Avengers, I'm guessing they just mean like superheroes, like so Tom Brady right, like real world cool superheroes, and like Tony Stark technology, Jurassic Park makes sense.
Speaker 1: Jurassic Park is the only one that even the Avengers of like celebrity endorsements.
Speaker 2: I think they're probably trying to imply that they're going to create superhumans.
Speaker 3: I agree, Avengers doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, we got a couple of dogs that are shooting lasers out of their eyes and it's killing a couple of people. We're trying to figure out how to find. Indiana Jones is really strange. What is that?
Speaker 3: What could that even be in reference to he takes up archaeological and anthropological stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, in the sense that eugenics and the Nazis are the bad guys in Indiana Jones.
Speaker 1: So you know what I mean? Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they just really misunderstood the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's cool. Yeah, this is Indiana Jones. Guy someone's got to get rid of him. Huh they've got Oh wow, so it's Brady Paris Hilton Tiger Woods is also on the hook, the noted gigantic skull ha Tony Robbins also, and even actors and animal activists like the Hemsworth brothers. They had to add that even animal activists, because most people were like, this is so fucked up. Why are we trying to reprint dogs for fifty k when every shelter is like overrun with pets that need adopting it. Hey, go ahead, you know, print, do another xerox copy of Lua.
Speaker 2: So people have asked Ben Lamb, the founder of the company, if he's actually watched Jurassic Park, since it has a pretty clear it's kind of a weird one to be invoking where the when the thing is like this was a bad idea? Like uh, this is this really got out of him and he said, people have to remember that that was a movie, right. I just hate the fucking way these people talk but those movies, right, So like, yeah, it was a scripted ending. So I'll go to a scripted show and I'll make the ending great and then you guys can talk about.
Speaker 1: That that was his response. Holy shit, So so he's like eight years old. Yeah, tops. But his whole thing is like, well, because that's a movie and it's scripted, now I'll make my own thing that reinforces my backwards worldview, and I'll point to that as a rationalization or justification. He's basically saying, like, I could do that. How about that? And then you talk about that? Gets right?
Speaker 2: Where's ethical concerns?
Speaker 1: Do you think they're just like flying? Like Ian Malcolm quotes by him in the interviews, and it's like, you know, it sounds like a cost. So your scientists were just so preoccupied with whether or not they could they didn't stop to think if they should. Yeah. Anyway, it was a scripted movie, right, So like.
Speaker 3: In my in my fanscript The Adventures of Being Malcolm, he says a different thing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he says, actually, the Jurassic Park is so fucking sick, dog, I'm so happy you guys, you imagine that's all Ian Malcolm says, you would be so sick. It's a two minute movie. Yeah. As again, Malcolm once said his rebuttal was, oh, I have have you seen this version of Jurassic Park? And slides at a fucking copy across the table. What is this? This is a Jurassic Park I saw. I don't know what you're talking about. The the one where Ian Malcolm says this is good, right.
Speaker 3: The ride never breaks down and everything goes well and it's sick. He like, who pictures of you and Malcolm and crayon on the cover and stuff like, come on, what happened to this one?
Speaker 2: Mark guy says it's a good idea, yeah, and the journalist is bad, but yeah, expert like in terms of the actual payoff, like that, there is something about this that captures the imagination, and people who understand the science say, quote, a hairy elephant is not a wooly mammoth, and a gray wolf with a few genetic alterations isn't a dire wolf. Right, Saying they are with a tweaked definition of de extinction doesn't make it true. So it's all just like a bit pump and dump, grab some headlines, get people to invest in your company. And I think they do have like a seven billion dollar valuation.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't doubt that there are people who would pay to clone their pets. That's I mean, we've seen it so if that's maybe maybe that's their business. But the idea of like you're bringing like you are not fucking doctor John Hammond. Okay, that's it, out of your mind. You're not doing I know, John Hammond. I know, yeah, no, And this is not dino DNA And where did you get the mosquitos in amber or whatever? Fuck it. I just don't like I love Jurassic Park so much. I don't want people claiming Jurassic Park.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. There's a quick note about the co founder, George Church.
Speaker 2: It is the same guy behind the controversial DNA dating app aka dating app for You, Genesis, and also the same George Church that was defending accepting money for his lab donated by convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein in twenty nineteen. Hold on, hold on, Jeffrey Epstein, the financier, conject convicted pedophile jeff Wait he was a financier.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait yeah wow, I mean that makes sense. That's that seemed like right up his alley for all the like scientists. He would always bore to death with his like fucking weird research. You'd always want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: We also like the Epstein Andrew Esic Park both in love an Island. There's just something I.
Speaker 2: Right, Rich guys always trying to get you to their island and it's never good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alex Schmidt, what a pleasure having you on the daily like Geist as always Where Can People Find You?
Speaker 1: Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Thanks so much every time and secretly incredibly fascinating. We love making it as me and my co host Katie Golden. Every episode is about the history and science of why something is exciting.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: If you search secretly, it's the red one in your podcast at that's right.
Speaker 1: It's very good. Is there a work a media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: I want to shout out Creature Feature.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: It's a really good pio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's yeah.
Speaker 3: It's science and animals and how they're kind of like us in amazing ways.
Speaker 1: It's great. Yeah, it's a great show.
Speaker 2: Miles Where Can People Find You? Is there a workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray talking ninety day Fiance on four to twenty day Fiance. New things in the pipeline that you'll hear about soon. What else?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Working media? Rob Delaney on Blue Sky posted, we joke around. We joke around here, but AI has allowed me to streamline my business to such a degree. The last week I was able to lay off two pregnant women and roast my son's golden retriever alive parenthetical smart home heating system still learning, don't We'll get there. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: On our spin off, Our spin off show about icons, I'm going to have a segment where we ask each time the first episode, Einstein in the second one is our cole. But each episode is going to have a segment that asks whether if they had been around, would how likely they would be? How likely would they be to be on Epstein's flight logs? Einstein answer is, yikes, it's not that, it's not that definitive because he like, you know, it's like would Mick Jagger be on there? Like the way people threw themselves at Einstein.
Speaker 1: It's like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that he necessarily would have been on there, but e Epstein certainly would have tried to get him on there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you would love to pick it.
Speaker 3: And Erle has a jet pack, right, so he doesn't a jet pack doesn't forget because Bro.
Speaker 1: He all used to do is turn on to step on Bro. It's it's a wrap.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at jack Underscore O'Brien and on Blue Sky at jack Obe the number one workimedia I've been enjoying. Shoutout Reductris who tweeted establishment Democrats. Just not sure if mom Donnie went about decisive crushing victory in the right way.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at daily Zeitgeist. Where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram you can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there at the bottom you will find the foot note, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that you think that people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not on any of the streaming platforms. This one's gonna have to be on YouTube because it's a bit of a remix that might not clear the rights. But y a UK producer called Lockers l A l O c K e r Z and it's a UK garage remix of radio heads. Everything in its right place which I've said, this is like the gen Z and jen Alpa. They're just rediscovering Radiohead. I love that for you. But this is such a good dancy version of like you hear everything in its right place fucking everywhere now. But this is a very danceable version and still like maintains it's kind of like emotion to it despite being a dance track. So lockers. The track is called Radiohead Dub and you have to search that on YouTube. But it's a banger. If any of those words I said resonate with you, check it out. Check it out. The Daily Guys are production of by Heart Radio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us. This week, we're done for the week. We're done.
Speaker 1: All right, We're done here, We're done.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow with the Weekly zeit Geist, which is a highlight reel from this week's episodes, and then back on Monday morning to tell you what was trending over the weekend and what's training on Monday morning, and we will talk to you all then have a great weekend, everybody, Bye Bye Bye.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeite Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by Jam McNab, edited and engineered by Justin Connor.