Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Well stock Movers, it's a podcast. Here is Lisa Mantail.
Speaker 3: All right, I want to start with Constellation Brands. It's Sticker Stz. Their shares have been down as much as one percent before the bell A couple things, weaker demand for alcohol, higher costs from aluminum tariffs, beer margins. They were hit by the twenty five percent tariffs on imported aluminum. Think of Modelo right, Corona Wines and spirits, labels like Kim Crawford, Cosan, Noble Tequila. They had sales fall by twenty eight percent in the quarter. So the company said they did a few things. They slowed shipments to kind of deal with that week or demand. They also this is interesting here, they also decided to pull back among Hispanic consumers and they make up more than half of Modello drinkers, which I thought was interesting because they have concerned about inflation, immigration, job security. So what Consolation is trying to do. They're ramping up their marketing to non hispatic audiences.
Speaker 1: Is this. I don't mean to interrupt. So you know, I was talking to Riley from Saint Louis. She's a big fan and she she has the cute little girl cans. They're in a refrigerator. Okay, what are they called?
Speaker 3: The little spirits like the Selzer's Selzer's, Yes, that's it.
Speaker 1: Are they that? What's really going on?
Speaker 3: That's also people are drinking Selzer's and said, but they're also drinking non more non alcoholic, especially the younger generation, and they're turning to alternatives. Some are going to cannabis infuse drinks too, instead of the alcohol altogether. And that's a big trend. A lot of those alcohol companies that have been switching to cannabis. I know, you got to get on the train, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm remember Jack Daniels. Sure, how quaint jets.
Speaker 3: Jack and Coke.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: Health insurer Senteen really taking a hit. Their shares have been down as much as twenty seven percent. It's ticker C and C. So the thing is they pulled their twenty twenty five guidance. They said it was due to insurance market trends. It's threatening. It's one point eight billion dollars in revenue. One particular thing they did mention is the adjustment to compensate insurance for taking on seecret patments. That actually fell short of what they expected, so that was an issue. They also reported a step up in Medicaid costs, and they said that's going to increase, you know, their medical expenses in the second quarter. But this is the second time we've seen this, right, a large insurer pulling their forecast. Remember United Health with drew their guidance in May. Some analysts said, you know what, we saw the writing on the wall with Centen. Jeffries said it in an earlier note. You had Barclay's analysts who are suggesting that this move suggests, you know, the Affordable Care Act marketplace could spiral in twenty twenty six. But it's also pushing shares of other health insurance like Evin's Health Oscar Health. They're also lower this morning too. On top of that new more I do really quickly, I'm call center software maker Barrant Warrant Yes take a vr NTVV yes V with the V yes take a VRNT. Their shares are up nine percents, but yesterday they jumped as much as sixteen percent. Bloomberg came out with the story, reported that that buyo from Tomorrow Bravos and talks to acquire the company, sources saying there's no certainty that this will even happen, but both sides didn't say anything, but the news does have those shares edging a little bit higher. This morning, a Long Island company, Melville Yeah, Melville Yeah. Melville, New York based firm.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business appo