Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode seventy five of What's Right with Nick Wright in the podcast and YouTube show. And it's very apropos that it is episode seventy five because we are a few hundred people away from hitting seventy five thousand subscribers on YouTube. And while Demanse maybe knows this, maybe doesn't know this. If we get to one hundred thousand YouTube subscribers before the end of football season, not only will Demanse get I've decided the plaque at YouTube since when you get there, he will also get a one thousand dollars cash bonus. Oh, if we get there, so he listen. I've given up all hope of people following me or doing anything to make me feel better. But the audience, for some reason or another, likes you a lot, so we're just shy. Of seventy five thousand subscribers on YouTube. There's a lot of work that goes into the YouTube show. I'd love you to check it out. And if you're someone that subscribes things on YouTube, today is a great day. If we get to one hundred thousand before the super Bowl, I'd love to get there before the end of the regular season, we get a plaque and Demanse gets a cash bonus. We have a massive show for you today, as you will see this right before Thursday night Football, hopefully a few hours for Thursday Night Football. But as we always, let's first discuss what we're not discussing. Here's what did not make the cut for today's show. Not well, you know what. That's a lie because Aaron Judge will make the cut.
Speaker 3: More on that.
Speaker 2: In a moment, Lebron invests in pro pickleball. This led to a very interesting text exchange between me and Maverick, where I asked, I told you the last the last time you guys invested in something Lobos Tequila that the next time you invest in something, hit your guy Nick right up. See if I can, well, just let me throw in a few shekels and once again unintentionally my guy Mav a little pocket shaming there, like I don't have that the capital to be a significant investor. Lebron Draymond Mav and Kevin Love can do it, but your all buddy Nick Wright can't. Rus Russell Wilson's ridiculous dangerous commercial, I'm even though I think Russ is the corniest man alive, I think it might be a deep fake.
Speaker 3: Not discussing it now though.
Speaker 2: On Aaron Judge, so Roger Merris Junior came out and said, if he at sixty two, he's the real home run King. Everyone's going to be debating that on television today. I bet I'll be debating that on television today. That's not what I want to discuss. What I want to discuss is the fella Frankie Lasagna. So that's the man's real name and demons. I'll show you the clip later if you haven't seen it. He's at the Blue Jays Yankees game. He's in the perfect seat, he has his glove. This is gonna be at least a half a million dollar ball, probably more. Didn't not as bad as dropping it.
Speaker 3: It came.
Speaker 2: He was front row, and it went two inches beneath his glove, and he's beside himself. So here is my call to action for America. Can we please start a GoFundMe for Frankie Lasagna. First of all, it is an all time name. I know everyone's going to be making that point today. It is simply an all time name. Second of all, he'll never get over demanse. It is been five days since you lost a few hundred dollars gambling. Have you yet had a day where it didn't cross your mind?
Speaker 4: I mean, I was just about to say, this makes me feel a lot better about it, but no, not, no.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if, for the rest of your life, every time you got a letter in the mail, you have an overdue credit card payment, or the car payments due, or you get declined on a mortgage for a house. You're thinking, if I, if I had just been a quarter inch taller, I jumping for that? Well no, no, no, there was no land in the bullpen. Then they don't let you keep the ball anyway, But can we just make this right, judgment, make it right. I have seen gofundmes for the stupidest things in the world. I've also seen things that go viral that are clearly a pre premeditated attempt to get people to do a GoFundMe.
Speaker 3: So let's just do one. You know what. I'm in a good mood.
Speaker 2: If someone reputable makes a gofund me for this fella, I'm in for five hundred bucks. Wow, Someone make Frank Elazagna a go fundme. We can easily get it to one hundred k. Frank, It's just a dude, It's just a It's just a Blue Jays fan. Wow, just a fellow Paison Italian living in Toronto enjoying some baseball.
Speaker 4: So, I mean his I know it was the record home run that he would have hit, but like, is his next one they get? The next one will be worth it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think Frank Alazanna is gonna be there for it. Just I think the odds of that are pretty slim, true, And so I was getting nervous. Judge wasn't gonna hit it. He's been sitting on sixty for a while he's been getting walked. He got sixty one. It's a great story. Let's make sure it's all winners. The Mary's family's happy, Judge is happy. There's one sad person and he's Frank Elazagna. Let's get a go fund me. I'm in for five hundred bucks and let's let's get him a nice little six figure payday.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, we're all right.
Speaker 3: Are we ready for the show?
Speaker 4: Let's do it?
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it. What are we starting with?
Speaker 4: Today? Tonight on Thursday Night Football, and the undefeated Dolphins take on Burrow and the one and two Bengals two is questionable with his injuries. Yeah, but I like the Dolphins a lot of this game. Still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were shocked back before you retired from gambling. Yeah, when it was you know, mid day Sunday instead of end of the day Sunday, and you were on fire. You were looking at this week's lines and you're like, oh my god. Yeah, the Dolphins are underdogs, and at that point they were two and a half point underdogs. They are now three and a half or four point underdogs. The line shifted even more towards Cincinnati, depending on where you get it.
Speaker 4: Go ahead. Yeah, you lost fifty to me last night last week on the gambling show.
Speaker 3: You know what You're right about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Pay that debt right now?
Speaker 4: Hold on, no, wait, hold on. I was just do you want to do double or nothing?
Speaker 3: I thought you quit gambling.
Speaker 4: I mean, this isn't on the app.
Speaker 3: So okay, so gambling with me? So loud?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So you want do you you want the dolphins straight up?
Speaker 3: Or you want it? You want me to give you the points? You want me to give you the points? Say you want me to give you the points.
Speaker 4: I want you to give me the pot? Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be fair for you otherwise. Uh yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So all, So here's the thing.
Speaker 4: One thing Two. I think there's gotta be some some set rules here. If twas not playing.
Speaker 2: No, we can call the bet all but is gonna play. But if he plays and he's ineffective, it's not like, oh it's unfair.
Speaker 4: Yeah of course.
Speaker 2: Listen, here's the deal and this is so yes, listen, I'll lay. I'll give you the full four points. Even though I think it's gonna go off at three and a half, I don't think that's actually a great bet by me. I think this line is just about right. I do expect Cincinnati to win, but sure, double or nothing. I've got Cincinnati minus four, You've got Miami plus four. If Cincinnati covers you were even.
Speaker 3: If not, then iowe you one hundred bucks, no problem.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal, and this is where we have to be very careful about what we're seeing and what we know and don't know about the NFL. Miami's been an unbelievable story. And Miami, to their credit, is not only one of two undefeateds, but they have beaten, in my opinion, two of the best teams in football. I think Baltimore's excellent. That's their only loss. I think the Bills are excellent. That's their only loss. Miami beat them both. We also, though, cannot overreact to records this early in the season when judging the strength of teams. So here's what I mean. Cincinnati in Week one. Yes, it's a bad loss because Pittsburgh's not good, But how many things had to happen for them to lose that game. They had to miss a chip shot field goal, they'd have an extra point blocked. Boswell had to hit a bus at the end of overtime. The Dallas game, they played terribly despite all that they had the ball with late in the fourth quarter with the game tied, couldn't get it done.
Speaker 3: Cooper Rush beats them.
Speaker 2: Either of those games easily could have been a Bengals win, and they're two to one. Don't even say both of them, just say one of them, one of them. Okay, Now to Miami. It took a historic fourth quarter comeback and a dropped interception by Baltimore and multiple secondary injuries for Miami to beat Baltimore. And then it took a truly unprecedented confluence of events of Buffalo having the ball for forty minutes to Miami having it for twenty, Buffalo gaining nearly five hundred yards, Miami not gaining two hundred fifty yards, for Miami to.
Speaker 3: Still be hanging on in the final moment.
Speaker 2: Of the game where Buffalo ran out of time by three seconds because they couldn't handle the situation they I think it's fair to say Miami easily could be two to one, and if both of these teams were two and one, no one would bat an eye at Cincinnati at home being three to four point favorites.
Speaker 3: So it's a little misleading. Misleading's wrong word. It can be go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'm just not I'm not in on Cincinnati. I just don't think.
Speaker 3: I think that's totally fair.
Speaker 2: And I, by the way, I said going into the year, Cincinnati was not as good as a Super Bowl appearance suggests.
Speaker 3: They were a ten win team last year.
Speaker 2: They could have lost the first playoff game to the Raiders, they should have lost the second playoff game to the Titans. They definitely should have lost their third playoff game to the Chiefs, and they did lose their fourth playoff game in the Super Bowl. However, I believe that Cincinnati and Miami are about equivalent teams, okay, and so I think right now in the AFC, you have the Chiefs, the Bills, and the Ravens, and I know Miami beat Baltimore, so it seems like unfair. But you have the Chiefs, the Bills, and the Ravens as the only three teams in the conference that I would be shocked if they missed the playoffs. There's those three, then you have a group of Miami. I want to go division by division, Miami, Cincinnati, Cleveland. I've got to include in it because Cleveland is a team that should be three and zero if they don't gag that Jets game away. Uh So Miami, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and the Chargers, even though the Chargers are so banged up, we'll talk about them in a minute. In that next group of teams, and then in the group right beneath that is where you have Denver, Indie. I would include the Raiders even though they're zero and three. I think the Raiders are going to be viable. And if you want to include Tennessee or Pittsburgh you can't. I don't think Miami is drastically better than Cincinnati. The one way to make Cincinnati look really bad is to have a ferocious pass rush.
Speaker 3: Miami does not have that.
Speaker 2: That Melvin Ingram's the only person on their team that's got any pressure on quarterbacks all year, and it's gonna be from a pass rush perspective. Far more similar for Cincinnati to the Jets game they just played than to their first two games against Dallas and Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I do like.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati tonight, and I think America is going to in three weeks look back and say, remember when people were pretending they thought Miami was the best team in football, and I think everyone's gonna listen they are. Going into the year, I thought they were a nine to eight team and gonna be the last team out of.
Speaker 3: The playoffs, the best team that doesn't make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Going into the year, I thought the Bengals were going to be a ten to eleven win team, wild card and one of the last teams in the playoffs. If Miami wins this game, that flips it, because now it's four and zero, Cincinnati's one to three, and Miami would have the tiebreaker. I like cincinnat tonight. We'll see what happens all right next.
Speaker 4: Okay, as a Chiefs fan, you've got to be thrilled with how the AFC West is turning out. The Broncos and Russell Wilson have looked like a total master every weeks.
Speaker 3: And it's bulls. They have two wins.
Speaker 2: They should be all and three and dead because they won't be as bad. I'm sorry to interrupt, we they Russell has been so bad that you've got to anticipate he's gonna get a little better. I mean, they haven't cracked seventeen points this year. You know what, I mean the fact that they have been this bad and they're somehow two and one actually bodes well for them in that Russell has played the worst football of his life. Their coach has been so bad he's one more coaching bad coaching decision away from making an SNL skit and so and they're two and one, But yes they are not. Some people tried to convince me that they were going to be this twelve thirteen win. They were a quarterback away team. They're clearly not that. Go ahead next yea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the Raiders are zero and three and the Chargers are so banged up in key spots. But which one of these teams could you see turning around and actually coming for case getting to a run for their money?
Speaker 2: The Raiders are better than oh and three? Okay, And I think the Raiders in two months?
Speaker 4: What did the Raiders play last week?
Speaker 3: The Raiders keep giving over. Can I tell you how they've lost all their games?
Speaker 2: Because it's so everyone remembers the way they lost the Cardinals game because they had that game in hand and they just.
Speaker 4: Gave it away.
Speaker 2: This past week was worse because they tried to do to Tennessee what Kyler did to them. Tennessee was beating them the entire game. The Raiders were down two scores late in the fourth quarter, throw a red zone, have a red zone turnover, looks like it's over, but then they get a field goal.
Speaker 3: Now they're down eight.
Speaker 2: Then they get a touchdown, essentially as times expiring, but they don't get the two point conversion that Kyler did get on them. So Week one they played the Chargers. Chargers were healthier than at that point a really good team. Derek Cart turns ball over four times. They lose by five.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Week two the blow up against Arizona, losing overtime. Week three they don't show up against Tennessee. I don't think they're a good team, but I don't think they're abysmal team as their record suggests. We talked about Denver I had the Chargers in the AFC Championship game. The best players on the Chargers are the following. Justin Herbert, their quarterback, Rashaun Slater, their left tackle Joey Bosa, their pass rusher Derwin James, their do it all safety Keenan Allen, their wide receiver j C. Jackson, their big free agent pickup corner. Those are the six best players. Justin Herbert has a rib injury that he's going to be dealing with four weeks, if not longer. The coach who I used to defend left him in the game down twenty eight, throwing passes and taking hits. Their next best player, Rashaun Slater, their left tackle, is done for the year. Their next best player, Joey Bosa, their pass rusher is on ir just had core muscle surgery, so that's like a stomach surgery. He's done out indefinitely. The next best player, Derwin James, is healthy, but he has missed two full seasons in his crew with injury. Their next best guy, Keenan Allen, has already missed time with injury. Their next best guy, JC Jackson at offseason knee surgery, missed Week one. They rush. They rushed him back for the Chiefs game. In Week two, they played him the entire game and he's been out since then. The Chargers, who historically are the most snake bitten team in the league, with injuries already or dealing with significant injuries to the four of their six best players. Okay, wait, five of their six everyone but Derwin James. So the AFC West, which people were predicting will would have three playoff teams. Some people thought, could this be the first time in NFL history all four playoff teams from a division, making that all the wild cards now yet last year would be in the first year that ever.
Speaker 4: Could have happen.
Speaker 2: As they expanded the playoffs, you would need seven teams. It might be a one playoff team division. So the short version answer your question is yes. For the Chiefs purposes, if this division was what it was supposed to be, gagging away that Colts game is a far bigger deal. But now they're one to zero in the division. No one else in the division looks good. The Broncos don't scare me at all. The Raiders haven't been able to beat the Chiefs in a decade. So yeah, I feel good.
Speaker 4: All right? Next, Lamar Lamar Jackson bound on himself in the offseason and it is paying off very nicely. Yeah. He leads the league with in passing touchdowns and passer rating fifth and rushing yards.
Speaker 3: Think about that for a second.
Speaker 2: Leads the league in passer rating yep, leads the league in passing touchdowns and fifth, not amongst quarterbacks, fifth in rushing yards amongst players. Yep, it's unbelievable, all right, next, yeah, or keep going truck.
Speaker 4: With twelve combined passing and rushing touchdowns, he has more touchdowns than thirty teams in the.
Speaker 2: Nf No one of the And that's even not as impressive as sounds because you're like, there's thirty two teams, so there's only two teams that have as many touchdowns, one of the teams with the Ravens. So it's the the and the other teams the Lions, who have twelve.
Speaker 3: There has no team in the league that has more touchdowns than Lamar.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, right, and if the Ravens be Buffalo this Sunday, this story will be that much bigger. Did the Ravens officially make a terrible mistake with not signing Lamar in the offseason?
Speaker 2: Listen, it's it's looking like it and the Ravens. Here's the thing. As great as Lamar has played, he's not a perfect player. I understand there are some There are some on the more call it mature passing routes and progressions. He's not Mahomes right, He's not Josh Allen on that, But You do not need to be a perfect player to get a contract extension. Kyler is a far inferior player with no playoff success.
Speaker 3: He got a contract extension. Deshaun Watson, set aside.
Speaker 2: All the off field stuff is at best an equivalent player has less postseason success than Lamar. He got a contract extension. When Josh Allen got his contract extension, he hadn't yet turned into this fully formed version of himself. He had two playoffs whens Lamar has won. They are they have Really He's played so well that now, even if he were to suffer an injury, he'd be a guy that a team would be ecstatic to throw a quarter of a billion dollars in. And the way it's gonna work is the exclusive. So there's two franchise tags. One is more expensive than the other. Let me just explain this very quickly. Franchise tag in the NFL is this. If a player's contract has expired, you can only do this one player per team. You can just place the franchise tag on them. There's no negotiation. The non exclusive franchise tag, it's the average salary of the five highest paid guys at his position, but it's non exclusive, meaning another team can then try to sign him. If he signs that contract and you choose not to match, that team gives you their next two first round picks. So think about a team like the Patriots, right that are not well. The Patriots might actually have a great pick this year, but let's pretend they didn't. A team that the Titans last year. Okay, the Titans, who had the number one record in the AFC. They're picking in the late twenties. Know the quarterback's a problem, right. They could try to sign them away and all you're getting is like the twenty seventh pick of that year's draft and whatever first round pick they have next year if you don't match.
Speaker 3: The Ravens would never.
Speaker 2: Risk that, so they have to put the exclusive franchise tag on it. That is more expensive than the average of the top five guys at the position. The exclusive franchise tag for next year for a quarterback is going to be forty five million dollars fully guaranteed for one season. You can place a franchise tag on a guy technically three times, really only twice. The second year of a franchise tag is a twenty percent raise from the previous year.
Speaker 3: Salary.
Speaker 2: So by not signing Lamar, if he chooses to go the franchise tag round, it's forty five million next year, fifty five million the following year, and then you have no rights to him at all. Then he is a true free agent, allowed to negotiate and sign with anyone, and you will have paid one hundred million guaranteed for two years of Lamar, and then he can lead. Right now, he looks like the league MVP. So that is the yes. That's the too long, didn't read version of what I just said is they screwed this up. And I think it's because they don't believe in it. They treat I said this on TV. I want to reiterate it here.
Speaker 4: They don't believe it.
Speaker 2: They treat Lamar in all their decisions.
Speaker 3: And there's the clock. I'm so bad at this.
Speaker 2: Uh like a really fun rental car that they enjoy driving, that they like, hey, you know, taken out and they don't mind if they hop a few curbs, if they put the cheap gas in it, because they know long term, this isn't gonna be my problem. They run quarterback power runs with him. They don't spend money on wide receivers. He's doing his passing wise. His top two wide receivers in their career prior to this year had less than one thousand yards combined between them and three total touchdowns.
Speaker 3: So while Josh.
Speaker 2: Allen gets Stefon Diggs and Kyler gets DeAndre Hopkins and AJ b I'm sorry Hollywood Brown who they traded for from Baltimore, they traded him away, and Jalen Hurts gets AJ Brown and Devontae.
Speaker 3: Smith who they drafted, and Tua gets.
Speaker 2: Jalen Waddle and Tyreek Kill and Mahomes prior to this year had Tyreek and Kelsey. He has Rashad Bateman and guys Rashad Bateman who's having.
Speaker 3: A nice year.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he's a superstar. They don't sign him, they don't give him weapons. They call an offense that puts him in constant jeopardy. It's like it's like they think they're having a fling with Lamar Jackson, not that they're married to him long term, and he's gonna make them pay through the nose on it.
Speaker 3: All Right, what's last We're.
Speaker 4: Talking a little basketball with Kyrie Irving. He said he lost out one hundred million dollar extension after he chose to not get vaccinated, He says, and I quote, I gave up four years, one hundred and something million decided to be unvaccinated, and that was a decision. Irving said, quote, I had to deal with the real life circumstances of losing my jobs for this decision. NETS Jim Sean Marx said he stood by Kyrie and stood by his decision and had his back. NETS fans might point out Kyrie's vaccination status doesn't matter moving forward. Does the Kyrie situation resolve itself now that we're in a new spot with the whole pandemic thing. Well, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Now it'll just be something different.
Speaker 4: Listen saying Kyrie's bound to well.
Speaker 3: Of course he is.
Speaker 2: He's out here sharing Alex Jones clips.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I wish I remembered who made this point.
Speaker 2: It was a black sports journalist that I follow and respect a lot.
Speaker 3: God dog it, and I can't remember who it was, So my apologies.
Speaker 2: But what I'm about to say here, I just don't want to plagiarize a really smart point, right, But Kyrie sharing the Alex Jones stuff and going all conspiracy theorists.
Speaker 3: Fails to recognize, yes, there are.
Speaker 2: Such ridiculous racial inequalities in how people get medical care. There's a history of systemic racism within you know, who has access to medical care. All these things, and the racism and the attacks on black people on throughout the pandemic was not in trying to trick black people into getting vaccinated. It was in the fact that when the vaccin eight, when the vaccine was first available, if you were not incredibly tech savvy, it was damn near impossible to get in appointment. And that obviously skew who's the most tech sevy. That skews with wealth, that scus with education, which skews against minority communities. If you lived in an affluent neighborhood, you were more likely to have even if you could navigate the the appointment stuff online, more slots available, more places doing it. That's where the real crime was in that why we saw such ridiculous numbers and the jarring differences in death rate of the pandemic for minority communities comparing to white communities.
Speaker 3: It wasn't because.
Speaker 2: Of some third eye opening that you can see that they're trying to trick folks into getting microchips and all this stupid bullsk Kyrie with the big audience was proffering, so we can we can never talk about Kyrie and the vaccine stuff again after today, and everyone can make their own choices. That's fine. I'm not even having in that argument. But you don't get a gold star for trying to show everyone. Oh, I had this incredibly principled stance that you're saying costs you over one hundred million dollars, when the principled stance was based on cursory study of YouTube videos and no scientific backing whatsoever. Because I do believe Kyrie Irving wants to do good in this world. You know the best, the easiest way to do good if you have an extra hundred million bucks. I think he puts his money to good use. I think he does support the native communities. I think as hard as in the right place. I also think, and I don't say this lightly, he's an idiot, and don't this part don't clip and put on social because I don't want it taken out of context. I don't some of the most dangerous people in the world are not dumb people, but they are people that don't know what they don't know and Kyrie leaning into the Alex Joneses of the world. Who is, honest to God, one of the worst human beings of modern history. This guy's in court right now because for years he claimed those children that died at Sandy Hook a decade ago the little kindergarteners were crisis actors and no one died there, and tortured their families about it. Kyrie's elevating that man to a higher platform and then wants us to believe he has solved the riddles of the universe. No, you haven't, buddy, And so the short answer to your question is, yeah, I don't think there's gonna be more vaccine problems with Kyrie, but there'll be something else, because there's always something else with him.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I didn't mean to get so angry. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: When it comes to towing, Seeing is believing. That's why every Truck's advanced camera technology offers up to eight available cameras for fourteen unique views, so you can focus on the view that really matters. Chevrolet Together, let's drive. Learn more about Chevy trucks at Chevy dot com.
Speaker 4: Safety.
Speaker 5: Your driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner with the vehicle owner's angle for important future limitations and information.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right Nick Wright, Episode seventy five. All right, we ended the last segment on a sour note phone. My phone's buzzing, so we'll get to We'll try to have a little more fun here.
Speaker 3: Hold on, breaking news. There's a little breaking news here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh my god, from the athletic I want to make sure this is right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Direct messages and text messages reveal that Lebron James, through the Lebron James Family Foundation, over the last few years, has funneled hundreds of thousands of dollars that we're supposed to go to his charitable endeavors to Sierra Canyon, the bougie private school that Bronni goes to to help fund the basketball program. Further messages reveal that Lebron James and California Governor Gavin Newsom have been engaged ever since Lebron signed with the Lakers in a multi year scheme diverting more than four million dollars from the California Highway Patrol that's the police budget. To various other Lebron James businesses and interests. So what they're reporting is that Lebron used his charity to funnel money to his kids' school for their sports program, and that Lebron and the governor at California conspired together to take money from the cops for lebron pet projects.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, well that's going to be the only thing we talk about for the next months.
Speaker 2: That'd be pretty fucking shocking, right, But that is the Brett Favre story America, especially with the latest development that Farv's charity, which was supposed to give money to kids and cancer patients, was actually given money to his daughter's high school. That's the story, except instead of Gavin Newsom and police budget, it's the governor of Mississippi and welfare recipients. So that's as the Brett Favre story continues to metastasize. That was my little Time to Kill moment. If you remember that Matthew McConaughey Samuel Jackson movie, Now imagine it was Lebron James. Now imagine it was anyone other than Brett Farr, And it was anyone other than the poorest people in the country.
Speaker 3: Poor folks in Mississippi getting screwed here.
Speaker 2: Can you fathom if the story was Lebron and Gavin Newsom took money from the cops for Lebron to give fake speeches and to build new pickleball facilities because that's his new thing.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I feel like.
Speaker 2: It would be something that would be constantly in the headlines and not a few intrepid journalists continuing to you know, follow up on as that story.
Speaker 3: Can he use?
Speaker 2: Farre's charity, Far for Hope, had a stated mission to support disadvantaged children and cancer patients, donated more than one hundred and thirty grand to the University's Southern myth Athletic Foundation while he was trying to finance new volleyball center a few years before. The highest gift that it gave was to the University of Southern The whole thing's gross gave sixty grand to Oak Grove High in Hattiesburg, where his daughter was a volleyball player.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that was my little bit there, A little sorry for the oakid Oak audience.
Speaker 4: Saw you were going like a minute in you figured it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were on to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, no problem, All right, demons, let's get the b block going.
Speaker 4: All right, we got Chiefs Bucks here. Your Chiefs had a melt down against Matt Matt Ryan and the Colts. Yeah, they now go to Tampa or maybe Minneapolis, depending on what's going on in Tampa Bay with the hurricane.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: I had to play the Bucks. Brady is seven and two after all loss and the Bucks or have Mike Evans returning. Yep. So we like the Bucks getting points at home right well.
Speaker 2: They're not getting a lot of points. I think it's like one. It's basically a pick them.
Speaker 3: I thought it was two and a half.
Speaker 4: For some reason.
Speaker 2: It might the lines moved a bit, so maybe it was two and a half at one point at this morning.
Speaker 3: At last check, it was one. We do not. I think there's a bounce back spot for the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: I also think that you have the Bills could lose a second straight to Baltimore, either Kansas City or Tampa. One of them will lose a second straight. By definition, they're playing each other. They both lost last week. I don't think it will be a stinging indictment unless any of those teams get rocked. If all those games are close. I don't think any of this is going to be a stinging indictment of any of those teams. Here's what I am interested in. Okay, the Chiefs secondary strength after Mahomes supposed to be their offensive line. Now no one can run on Tampa and the Chiefs couldn't even run on Indy. So this is gonna have to be a Patrick Mahomes game. Is he going to have the time? Shaq Barrett came out and said, the offensive lines the same offensive line. Who's ass we kicked in the Super Bowl? This get right game for us? I mean, I'm interested to see it. I'm not that worried right now about Tampa's offense. Tampa's offense is still a significant work in progress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now they were down all their.
Speaker 2: Wide receivers and they do get Mike Evans back and see about one of the you know, we're doing this Thursday morning. We'll see what the final injury report is. Tampa's offense shouldn't be as inept as it was against Green Bay, but because the Chiefs were so it is such a terrible loss that they had to Indy. If they needed a little more tightening of the script if you will going into a week, this would be the week. The other thing I want to see from the Chiefs is aggressiveness on fourth down. And what I really want to see is Harrison Butker back out there because they cut that kicker they signed. They cut him. He's done. You may honestly got it. That might have been his last kick in the NFL.
Speaker 4: I was under the impression that the guy that was doing the kicks was the receipt like the safety.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I wish he was. They signed an actual kicker justin Reid.
Speaker 2: Is there is the well two weeks. He played the week before and was fine, and then he was terrible that week. So I think they signed Matthew Wright in a game this close. I don't love that were you know what I mean going through the kicker, Carol but it. You know, a lot of teams dealing with injuries, all things considered, you know, the Chiefs have been pretty been, you know, pretty lucky on the injury front.
Speaker 3: They well, i'd say average.
Speaker 2: Look their first draft, first pick of the draft that they had, Trent McDuffie, the corner has been out with a hamstring since Week one, and they lost their corner of their kicker in week one, and you could say they lost in Week three because of the kicker thing. But I'm not gonna whine about that. The kicker then concerns me. They're not going to be able to run the ball. I don't even know they should try to run the ball. The question is Todd Bowles. His whole career has been based on creating pressure, heating up the opposing quarterback, sending blitzes. He was able to resist the urge to do that against Mahomes in the Super Bowl. They were able to get pressure with just their front four and it led to the only start to finish bad playoff game Mahomes' career. Is he going to be able to resist that urge again? If he sends the blitz Mahomes will pick him apart. If he doesn't, could be a tight game. But we're doing our pick show later today. It'll come out tomorrow. I've got to tell you, I do like the Chiefs in this spot.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that Chiefs Bucks game on Sunday night. Gonna have all day the anxiety of it. You know what I also can't wait for. They told me we have a brand new game. Told me what the game is, and they said, we have a fancy new graphic to go along with it.
Speaker 3: Another reason people should be watching on YouTube.
Speaker 2: You also you can subscribe on Spotify and Apple iTunes all that stuff. But we're watch on YouTube. You can see these cool graphics. I'm gonna see it for the first time as well. What's the new game, demanse?
Speaker 4: This one was different? This is a doctor right, Oh hey, yes, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Oh ho, where did they get that picture of you?
Speaker 4: I have no idea, honestly, because.
Speaker 3: That's when your hair was.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I can already see this is gonna be used against me in photoshop purposes.
Speaker 3: They're gonna put it looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're gonna change take that syringe out of my hands and put something else in it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna change your face.
Speaker 2: I when you're when you're as tortured on the internet as much as I am, you can see these things coming. You can all of a sudden you're like, oh, that's gonna be there, and all of a sudden, okay, all right, so I'm a I'm.
Speaker 4: You heard the doctor. Yep, I nursed demons will give you a case and in your best medical opinion, you seegest how we save the patient. Okay, that's problem all right, So this is our first one, doctor Wright. Yeah, Anthony Davis called the Los Angeles Lakers underdogs at their media day. Yeah. I can't be sure, but it seems like Lakers are suffering from deep delusion and possibly depression. Further test or needed, Doctor Wright, what is your diagnosis of your patient, the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Nurse Demons. I know you're you know, not through medical school yet, but I gotta say your diagnosis is spot on.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I mean, not delusion about calling themselves underdogs, but delusion about thinking this team is going to be anything other than a soap opera. I mean, I heard Anthony Davis say he wants to play eighty two games. I'd sign up right now for seventy two. Okay, I you know what I'd take right now, sixty two. Give me sixty two games, Anthony Davis, all be happy.
Speaker 3: Seventy two. I'll be through. Eighty two. Ain't happening.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: We got Patrick Beverley saying Russell Westbrook is his best friend on the Lakers. Did you see the other thing Beverly said was the favorite moment of his career.
Speaker 4: Of him getting the block on Lebron.
Speaker 3: I can't believe.
Speaker 2: I gotta watch this guy he is I so listen. I don't think this lineup and roster fits. I think we found that out last year.
Speaker 3: I will never come to terms with.
Speaker 2: The fact that the Lakers traded for Anthony Davis had the best record in basketball pandemic hit. They didn't go to the bubble wash everybody out. Everyone calls it a bubble title. The Lakers were the one seat, they were the one seed pre pandemic. They they were the favorites pre pandemic. They wash everybody out. The next year they run it back and they had the second best record in all of bat basketball before Lebron got hurt. Lebron got hurt, it goes to hell. Anthony Davis gets hurt in the playoffs, it goes further to hell.
Speaker 3: And then that's summer.
Speaker 2: They blow the whole team up. They were the Vegas favorites to repeat. They had the second best record in the sport, and then their top two guys were out with injury, and they blow the whole thing up. And now it's Russell Westbrook, Patrick Beverly. So, yeah, I the depression is me. The delusion is anyone thinking the Lakers without making a massive trade can contend. I can't believe it's the It's the most disenchanted I've been with the Lebron James team maybe ever, certainly since the twenty eighteen Cabs.
Speaker 4: And maybe the reality check.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe all right?
Speaker 4: Next, all right, doctor right. Our next patient is the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have received word that they could potentially receive a quarterback transplant. Doctor right, what do you advise for your patient, the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 3: Well, you're gonna die if you don't do the transplant. Okay, so do what you want.
Speaker 2: But down here, right now now, I don't want to mislead you. The transplant might kill you too, Okay. I'm not guaranteeing this new heart, can he Pickett is going to save your life. But I am guaranteeing your current heart, Mitch Trubisky is going to kill you.
Speaker 3: There's a thing we call the widow maker.
Speaker 2: It's a heart attack that nobody survives that's inevitable.
Speaker 3: In fact, we can find it. Let me find it for you.
Speaker 2: I tell you the exact date if you don't switch quarterbacks and give your team a chance. One moment, pittsfordh that widow Maker Week six would be coming at the latest on October thirtieth. That's against Philadelphia, because maybe you survive this week against the Jets, and then you're at the Bills, then you're home for the Bucks, then you're at Miami, and then October thirtie. If you're at Philadelphia, you're dead by then. And Tomlin's record of never being below five hundred is dead.
Speaker 3: It's all dead.
Speaker 2: I would have gone, I would have done the transplant this past week. Remember they played last Thursday, so they have the extra time, and they have the Jets, so it's like, that's a nice soft landing for the rookie. Instead, Buffalo's pass rush, Tampa's pass rush, Miami and then Philly are their next four.
Speaker 3: So you know what, get the transplant.
Speaker 2: I would get the transplant, but i'd also transplant, or i'd get your affairs in order. I'd start talking to your family. I'd make sure everybody knows, because I don't think you're long for this world either way.
Speaker 4: Next all right, Despite it being only Week four, the Cardinals are on life support with a nasty case of chronic Cliff Kingsbury itis. Doctor right, well, DeAndrea Hopkins, return return to the I'm sorry, return be the cure for the Cardinals or or will it already be too late?
Speaker 2: So here's the deal. There's only one way to rid yourself of Cliff Kingsbury itis. You have to cut it out of your body. There is there, and until you do, even when you feel good, it's going to be lurking in the background.
Speaker 3: Then it might come up and get you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: However, because of the conference there in, I don't think the Cardinals are dead either. So you just we gotta find seven playoff teams. Who in the NFC are we fully confident is going to be there in the end. Philly, Green Bay, the Rams.
Speaker 3: And I'm fully confident Tampa. That's four. We gotta find three more teams.
Speaker 4: Dallas.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm skeptical. The Vikings I believe in. Now let's call it. Let's lack the Vikings in work five, the Bears and everyone else in the Washington obviously, not the Giants, obviously, not the Bears, obviously, not the Lions. I can't say obviously not I don't believe in them, though, we're gonna say no. The NFC South, the Saints are disaster. The Falcons aren't trying to win, yeah, and the Panthers can't get out of their own way. The Panthers are not dead, but they can't get out of their own way. So that takes us to the NFC West. I like the Niners, pencil them in. There's still one spot open and in. The Niners are by no means a sure thing, right, So I don't think Cliff Kingsbury itis necessarily kills you this year, but it will kill you eventually if you don't cut it out.
Speaker 3: So you guys make your own decision.
Speaker 2: But I'm not writing the Cardinals off yet for the season, but they have a clear ceiling as long as he's their coach. And by the way, did you see Kyler's latest quote? No, I told guys, when you're playing with me, you can't be falling asleep.
Speaker 3: Got us to be awake. Kyler's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know that people love playing with Kyler Murray. I don't and he aside from the second half against the Raiders, he's been bad since the playoff game. So this is something to watch with them, all right, last okay.
Speaker 4: You administered an injection of Baker Mayfield to the Panthers offense to make them a complete unit. However, it seems that nothing is changing. Yeah, doctor Wright, is it time to train treatment plans and introduce fifty ccs of Sam dharmw No.
Speaker 3: It'll kill him. They they're allergic. No no, no, that'll that'll kill the patient.
Speaker 4: So you think it's just taking time.
Speaker 3: No, they might die anyway. Oh no, no, no, I'm not saying Baker's the cure. Okay, but I know Sam is poisoned. So no, no, no, no, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: That's that you saw the little bracelet that came in wearing, which shows you their allergies.
Speaker 3: Donald's on there. It'll stop their heart. Okay, no, no, no, no, no, listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not here to finn Baker Mayfield right now. He has not played good or he's not played well, he's not played good football.
Speaker 3: But Donald will kill the patient. Okay, So no, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed that game that we did a good job of it. It's fun, a nice little rapid fire. We have a new c block coming at you. We're trying out another new thing.
Speaker 3: This one.
Speaker 2: I do know what it is. We will do that as we wrap up Episode seventy five.
Speaker 3: But What's Right with Nick Right?
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jarrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, dun Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Kanavami. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Welcome back. In What's Right? Nick Right?
Speaker 2: Episode seventy five, I jumped the gun a bit there. All right, we're trying something new for the C block. We're gonna go rapid fire questions. I'm gonna ask you one, You're gonna ask me one. We got four minutes. We'll see how many we can do, so we have quick answers. A right, I'm gonna go to you first. Who's better you at two K or me at FIFA. All right, that's not fast for a rapid tire. Just give you give an answer you at two K I actually agree with that, all right?
Speaker 3: Next you gous?
Speaker 4: Oh blessed place outside of London's an international game? Oh?
Speaker 2: Barcelona? Yeah, Barcelona is a for me, a top one city in the world. But I haven't traveled everywhere. But it's unbelievable. The food's great, the people are beautiful, it's on a beach, it's cosmopolitan. They already have an amazing stadium. Because of the soccer team, Barcelona is where it should go.
Speaker 4: Next. Next, Oh, it's my question.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, My bad. Uh have you seen Jimmy Butler's new hairdoo?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you think of it?
Speaker 4: I didn't think that it was real.
Speaker 3: It's not real. It is, No, but it's not he's lying. You can't grow You can't grow dreads in a month.
Speaker 4: I mean he had like smaller dreads.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he got extensions. You got extensions. Now that you know that it's extensions, What do you think of it?
Speaker 4: Hey? Man, do what you do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You're good with it? Okay, good, you know what. I'm gonna sit that one out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like, you know what, there are a lot of things. I deserve an opinion on Jimmy Butler's hairstyle. I'm gonna sit that one out.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, next, all right, is pickle or one more of a sport?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a really interesting question. I think pickleball is more of a sport. I think F one is far more difficult, takes more training, more all of it. Okay, but pickleball, I think is more of a sport just because it has all the elements you would need of a sport where there's a defense, you're there's a score of the all all those things.
Speaker 3: All right, now my turn again. Once the NBA.
Speaker 2: Season starts, do you think you are gonna be as locked in on Sunday Football as you've been the last few weeks.
Speaker 3: Do you think by then it will have been eight weeks of NFL.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna answer the question. I think I will probably be just as invested, if not maybe a little less invested. But I do think when NBA season rolls around, I think the gambling career thing might come back to life. Okay, well, I'm sticking to the yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something real quick. There is nothing more tilting than betting basketball.
Speaker 2: We can talk about it later, but because there are times where what overtime does to you in basketball games. You have a team that you think is gonna win out right, and they're seven and a half point underdogs, and you bet them plus seven and a half and they lose in overtime by nine.
Speaker 3: Or a team that is.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just there's just a bet is never safe because of overtime times.
Speaker 3: And then but and the other thing with the betting the NBA.
Speaker 2: Is you you love a team, they're favored by two and a half, You're like, they're gonna kill them. They're up ten the entire fourth quarter, and all of a sudden, you they're up five with two seconds left and the other team, the team shoots a half quarter. Oh it's tilting, buddy, all right? Uh is that it's your question?
Speaker 3: Your turn?
Speaker 4: Uh? So, how ridiculous is it to say that there's a quarterback controversy in Dallas.
Speaker 3: It's so dumb.
Speaker 2: It's so dumb, And I can't believe my colleagues in the media have leaned into it the way they have. It baffles me that they are trying to buy Jerry Jones's.
Speaker 3: Bullshit on this.
Speaker 2: There's nothing Cooper Rush could do to take Dak Prescott job.
Speaker 3: Do you disagree?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no no. I think it's wildly disrespectful.
Speaker 3: I think it's insane.
Speaker 2: I think it's Jerry Jones just baiting the media and the media falling into it. All right, Uh, let me ask you this real quick. Do you think there's any sport.
Speaker 3: That I could beat you in?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Well, definitely golf.
Speaker 4: Well if we're not, if you're gonna be say, definitely golf, then there's nothing else on the table that you're definitely beating.
Speaker 2: I mean, so I thought I was gonna beat you in that race that we had as a family the other day, and demand's ay, just just he almost fell because he was wearing slides and still dusted me.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: And it also your mom said it. But it made us all realize we should have made you run track in high school.
Speaker 4: Because you have suck and plenty of a track out there were a Brett young Blood. Oh yeah, well, plenty of track with that guy.
Speaker 2: But but I think you would have been great at it because you have such long legs. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: If you.
Speaker 2: Got a few golf lessons. I think you'd be really good because you're a natural athlete. The sport that I know you'd be awesome, man, is tennis.
Speaker 3: All right, So there was episode seventy five, What's Right with Nick? Right? Sorry if it was a little awkward transition there at the end.
Speaker 2: It's like technical difficulties when I think the I think our production shut down right before demands was about to say I heard Lebron James might try to go play college football, so I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: Is that where you were going with that? By the way, Yeah, I figured that.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, necessarily didn't have to be college, but.
Speaker 2: Well you're you are out of high school elegily and AI, well that's a college is some level of college football? Okay, that'll come up on another podcast. Is a great episode remembers subscribe on YouTube and your favorite podcast app. Gambling show coming out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What's Right