Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 3: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by invisil Line, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison.
Speaker 4: All Right, Cowboys Nation, welcome into Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented.
Speaker 5: By Invisi Line.
Speaker 4: Here in the SWBC studio, I'm Nicole Hedgson alongside Ayisha Morrison, j Justinvars, and Christy Scales. It is no longer a victory Friday, but it is still a victory Monday. Absolutely, Happy Thanksgiving. Well belated Thanksgiving to you all. Did you have a great day Thanksgiving Day?
Speaker 6: Well, oh yeah, it's special.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter who the opponent is, it doesn't matter the records of the teams going in. There is always a special vibe for a Cowboys Thanksgiving Day game, even back at Texas Stadium. And I don't remember the Cotton Bowl days, but there's something special. And so when the schedule comes out, if you only get to come to one game a year, and if it's not you know, maybe you want to see the Eagles, or maybe there's an AFC team coming that you want to particularly see that, But if not, I recommend Thanksgiving just because there is something special to it and you could feel it on Thursday.
Speaker 4: I agree that actually asking like, how y'all's Thanksgiving was?
Speaker 8: Oh, like, well, families, Oh, I was not with my family. I was at the game.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was at the game, and this is my first Thanksgiving game sitting in the stands. I was actually working this one, and I can confirm what Christy is saying.
Speaker 10: The vibe was different. Everyone was in a good mood and there was a lot of Cowboys fans there, so that really helped. The vibes were high.
Speaker 8: Cowboys fans were doing their best a.
Speaker 10: Not cheering when the offense was on the field. It was good.
Speaker 5: It was fun.
Speaker 10: The food was bombed by the way.
Speaker 6: I did a great job.
Speaker 5: I actually ate before though. My mom cooked Magga.
Speaker 10: Cheese that sounds.
Speaker 4: Good, some corn bread dress, and some greeny. She made it all and I ate it before. But then I also ate at the stadium.
Speaker 10: Yeah that's what Thanksgiving for.
Speaker 8: Jazz and I went to the game and we ate at the tailgate before I had a host of tailgate. So she went with me to the tailgate and they had the best barbecue. And I really need to go back and look at where this was because it was local.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, it was so good. Her and I just kept talking about that good barbecue.
Speaker 8: So if that makes you feel any better, we had barbecue, and then we went into the game and eight more.
Speaker 10: I love that for you. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 5: What about you, Ayesha?
Speaker 11: I attended a and took part in a pot look for another job, and I didn't get any of my family's cooking this year.
Speaker 9: So I am so glad, y'all did.
Speaker 11: I'm glad I can cook because I'm just gonna cook for myself.
Speaker 9: And somebody want to cringy no plate, no nothing. My cousins are watching.
Speaker 11: It's fine, No, no, no, that's good.
Speaker 9: Probably one of the best part looks I've ever been too.
Speaker 8: I prayed I was gonna say, who was not making good food of that podlast.
Speaker 11: No, I had Italian green beans for the first time, which was really dope.
Speaker 10: It was the food was good.
Speaker 6: Do you know what they call green beans in Italy?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: Italian green beans?
Speaker 8: Twit?
Speaker 6: Did they call him in Italy, no green beans.
Speaker 11: Bye, you know what, she didn't really like all some comedic time and stuff.
Speaker 5: Why do I look at her life?
Speaker 8: I know, it's like, how do you know that?
Speaker 11: Because gets it that Christy knows stuff about so many things we know?
Speaker 6: Was then I thought about French fries in France.
Speaker 5: The girls says, that's right, but you can cook?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: Yes I can't, but you know who can?
Speaker 4: The Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It took a long way to get there, but we're there.
Speaker 11: You know what.
Speaker 5: It didn't take a long way, but.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys get the win on Thanksgiving Day, twenty seven to twenty the final in at.
Speaker 5: And T Stadium.
Speaker 4: They get their first home win of the twenty twenty four season. Obviously a lot of excitement following that win. The guys in the locker room in different spirits. We love to see that. What did y'all learn from this win? And whoever you guys can chime in, however you all.
Speaker 7: Well, I just that the defense is really coming together and that de Marveion Overshown continues to show that he can be a real catalytic player. I think the defense overall playing well. And Rico Dowdle, you know, I think had his best game arguably as a Cowboy, And so it's so important when you go into what is essentially a mini buy, when you have that rest after Thanksgiving, to go in on a high note.
Speaker 6: Because we had more injuries.
Speaker 7: I know, we'll talk about that, but a couple of very serious injuries from the game Thursday, And so if you had not gotten the win, if you weren't going in on a high note, and you had those injuries, that would have carried over in a negative way into this week. But you still have the injury situations, but at least everyone's feeling better going into the long weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it makes me wonder, had the injury bug not bit so hard this season, what you would be seeing from this team because overall, even just seeing piece by piece more of these players coming back and that giving you more of a well rounded team, what this season could have been like if it wasn't for injuries.
Speaker 10: That's kind of what it made me think.
Speaker 8: Especially seeing Brandon Cooks come back, and it was so nice to see the little harsher back in the end zone and it was really fun to just watch him create an atmosphere with the guys around him. And I mean his presence is just so well known. I mean I was watching the game back and first thing I noticed is after every play, Brandon is the first one to every guy to help them up, and just things like that that you missed from a player like Brandon Cooks and the experience Cooper Rush had instant trust in him, which, yeah, it's Brandon Cooks. How could you not, But it just really made me wonder what this team would have been like this year if it was not for the injuries that have occurred and, like Christy said, unfortunately continued to occur on Thursday.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's that's kind of how I felt about it as well. I mean, you know, obviously the injuries decimated the defensive side of the ball, and to your point, I think we are kind of getting to look see at what it could have been, or you know, maybe something to look forward to. But also too, it made me consider that, you know, looking at a dan Quinn system and looking at a Zommer system, they're different. They are, I mean honestly from what they're being asthman. You have linebackers. The things that the linebackers are doing, the things that the safeties are doing. They this is a pretty big change in system, and I guess like it didn't resonate to me right away, like how different this might be for the guys. So to your point, I do think just like we are seeing what a healthy team would look like, but also to we're seeing these guys understand this system, and you also are seeing other guys elevate their play, and that's why the system is working.
Speaker 9: Because Zimmer system.
Speaker 11: Has a very serious focus on the safety position and the defensive tackle position. You're getting better defensive tackle play from Amasi Smith, Watkins gets his few reps in there, Like you're getting better to tackle play, and because of that, it's allowing guys like Osa to be free. It's allowing these guys to play, you know, and your linebackers are more free. So you see it to Marrion over shown just shooting the gap like that's also been because Limbal Joseph or Mozzie Smith is taking on a double team and he's able to slip through there.
Speaker 9: So you're seeing the system and come into play too.
Speaker 11: And to your point that the guys getting healthier are a big part of that as well. So it's a it's a little bittersweet. I agree, it's a little bittersweet, but also but I am happy that the guys are getting a feel for this system and understanding it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna hear from Michael Parsons in the second segment about that too, because he did address the fact that these guys are feeling a little bit more comfortable, and that's something that to go to your point with Mazzie Smith, Mike. Mike McCarthy had touched on it in the press conference earlier and just said that he's starting to understand that there's not much sexiness to this position and you have to be an anchor for the defensive line. So I love that you mentioned that as well. What I learned, dang, I'm sick.
Speaker 8: Doesn't decide which season we're in.
Speaker 4: But you know what, I'm not sick of Oh my gosh, I forgot it.
Speaker 5: Here we go Cavant Turpin.
Speaker 10: Not sick of him.
Speaker 6: Him all uh No.
Speaker 5: I truly believe that.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've talked about it him. His confidence is growing and you look.
Speaker 5: At what he was able to do.
Speaker 4: Caught four out of his five targets team high fifty three yards.
Speaker 5: His fifty three.
Speaker 4: Percent target rate for the game is tied for the third highest in a game. But you're seeing him get also yak yardage. Remember one of the plays, it was in the first quarter, first and ten and he goes he gets the catch for sixteen yards, which would would have.
Speaker 5: Been an eleven yard catch.
Speaker 4: So you're starting to see him get a little bit more confidence. And I really like that to see that from and.
Speaker 7: That catch you're referring to, that was one of those like little shovel pass. Yes, so really an extended handoff. Yes, it is a pass and counts as a passing statistic, but you know, creative ways because before it was if you if Cavante Turpin had his had the ball in his hands in the on offense, it was a jet sweep.
Speaker 11: Yeah, can we remember Can I ask you something, Chris, I'm asking Yeah, I wanted to ask you. So in regard to Cavante Turpin, we have been on banging the table for since he's been here to give him more receiving opportunities and to do some of the things that they're starting to do. Have you ever seen a guy on special teams be that intricate to maybe where they're like, I don't know, because we've seen it in in kind of like who's the main returner, who's not the main returner and those type of things. But like even with Rico last year, I remember being like, if he's getting more snaps, why is he returning?
Speaker 8: So is it?
Speaker 9: Does that play it come into play?
Speaker 11: And do you think that I had anything to do with why it's taken a while for him to kind of get his opportunity because he's such a weapon as a returner.
Speaker 6: That's the thing.
Speaker 7: I the comparison doesn't hold in terms of body type and style. But this is kind of how Miles Austin began his career with the Cowboys. He was an undrafted guy.
Speaker 6: Out and I know I used his heart just stop to be.
Speaker 7: I like, but Miles one here, Miles had trouble cracking the you know, he was like fifth or sixth the receiver and had trouble cracking time in terms of getting reps in the offense because it was pretty stacked at the time with the wide receiver room. Uh, that was the days of Terall Owens and the like. I think Roy Williams and Roy Williams not the safety but the wide receiver they had traded for dround draft picks. For him. So, but Miles was a big contributor on kickoff returns and in fact had a kickoff return for a touchdown in the playoff game at Seattle, the one the Cowboys lost. That was one where the field goal attempt went through Romo's fingers.
Speaker 6: But what happened, but what happened with.
Speaker 7: Miles's career was the aforementioned Roy Williams got absolutely clocked in a game against the Broncos and was missing some time. And so the next week the Cowboys are playing at Kansas City, Miles Austin finally gets a chance to be an integral part of the offense and goes for over two hundred yards and scores game winner in overtime. So with Cavante, you know, just absolutely invaluable on special teams. You know what he can contribute there. But it's remember Cavante, Yeah, it was a star at TCU, but as a returner, not really as a as a receiver. So so he's in terms of like I don't want to say football IQ, but in terms of time, right, it's time on task And so when you don't get all of that as a wide receipt, you know you're more of a return specialist guy. It just takes time in this league, and especially at that position. So and I'm not just talking about an undrafted guy who played in the USFL. I'm talking about first round picks.
Speaker 9: He played in Poland.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we played in Poland.
Speaker 7: He played for the Yeah, he played for And he's played mad nine different teams, you know, and anyway, but that's what it reminds me of is I'm not saying that Cavante is going to go on and have the career as a receiver that Miles Austin had before his hamstring injuries. But that's what that is what comes to mind when you ask that question.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I kind of say I caught up with Cavante at one of the events I had to work before the game. And keep in mind that's coming right off of his return and touchdown. So I would just like to say when it came time to introduce players, I was like, I got her, don't you worry? And he knew made him feel very w W wrestler esque the way I introduced him. But anyways, all that time I talked to him and I had asked him, you know, did you see it? Like did you know as soon as like you got back up from the fumble, and he was like, it wasn't until after the spin move that I saw the clear lane.
Speaker 10: And then I said, well.
Speaker 8: Do you like see guys or like, how what is your vision when you're when you're going through, because genuinely, like you're going so fast, do you even see the guys?
Speaker 10: And he's like, no, I just go I just see the end zone.
Speaker 8: And he's almost he almost described it as like tunnel vision that he gets when he's returning the ball. So that was interesting, and I asked him.
Speaker 10: I can't repeat exactly what he said, but I said, so.
Speaker 8: The Giant's gonna kick to you this week, and long story short, he said no, but it was a little more animated than that.
Speaker 10: You can't imagine. It was a deep.
Speaker 6: No, why why would anyone kick you?
Speaker 7: And the rest of the season, I mean, well, he mostly may not get but the only way, the only way would be really, we only have the cold weather game. Yeah, possibly in Carolina, but at Philadelphia, and that may be it for the cold weather games.
Speaker 8: And he knew that though when when I kind of laughed about it, he's like, no, not after that, I don't I don't think it's gonna.
Speaker 9: Happen tantrums when yeah, he doesn't get anything.
Speaker 8: Now, he's very where that like, his chances are going to be a little to your point, Christy, a little more limited within the return game. So I also think coaching is gonna involve that a little bit more in the scheme, which is why you saw him more, I guess involved in the offense overall.
Speaker 4: I think for McCarthy it's more so finding that balance of not overworking him too much, because when you're doing so much on special teams as a returner, you.
Speaker 6: Kind of get a little gassed.
Speaker 4: But if you ask Avante Turpin, you know, how much do you want to play? As far as the offensive side of the ball, He's like, I want to there all the time.
Speaker 7: Plays No, there's an infectious energy to him. For infectious, But you know the other thing is you have to consider there's only one football and you've got a lot of weapons that are involved. So when Jake Ferguson is out for a couple of weeks, that kind of opens things up for for other players. Possibly you have Brandon Cooks coming back last week, so he's going to get some of those targets, so h and and really the NFL is all about matchups, and the NFL this game planning.
Speaker 6: It's it's chess.
Speaker 7: If you move your pawn here and then a rook here, it's all counter moves.
Speaker 6: So some weeks.
Speaker 7: You're going to have better, more favorable matchups for Turpin than others. And by the way, it's five different leagues that he's played in the Fan Controlled Football League. We all remember the Glacier Boys, the spring league that was the Sea Lions. Ayisha mentioned Poland, so he played in Rotswath, Poland for the Panthers. They their uniforms looked like the Carolina Panthers. And then USFL of course for the New Jersey Generals where he was the MVP, and then the NFL.
Speaker 11: Finally, Brandon Cooks is someone I think that Cavante Turpin could benefit from. And I say that because Brandon Cooks his frame is not the biggest frame.
Speaker 9: But one thing I noticed about him and since the time.
Speaker 11: He's been here, but even just throughout his career, is how well he protects his body. He will shield himself off even so in cerace, Tyler Lockett does the same. And these guys have long have had longevity for those reasons because they are smaller frame. People are looking for you across the middle. So I think that to your point earlier is like Brandon cooks and just Brandon cooks. Someone like him being in the locker room could really help Cavante Turpin develop.
Speaker 9: Like you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Christy, it's kind of like what in the beginning of the season, what kind of like with Rico dowdle Ezekiel Elliott and how they kind of bounce off of each other, but you're seeing Rico really start to blossom, Like we like that over here, over here, rico'ddell has stopped going up once again a season high and carries with twenty two rushing yards one hundred and twelve longest run of the year and twenty two yards his first rushing touchdown of the year. What did y'all like from Rico Daldo? I like, we have to talk about him every week at this point.
Speaker 8: Go you first, well, I like that he is finally part of the one hundred yards rushing because gosh, it was such a long time coming, and of course it just gives you more confidence in him as you're starting running back. It gives you know, I am sure, across the board play callers more.
Speaker 10: Confidence and calling plays that involve him.
Speaker 8: It gives McCarthy more freedom to open up the playbook a little bit now that you have a consistent running back and you know it's one game, but one of many. I feel like he can stack if the play calling allows. I also really like his confidence and how he has handled this entire situation starting from training camp and even beyond that, because he has genuinely waited his turn. We talked about this weekend week out, but the way Rico has stayed patient really reminds me of his running style. Because he's patient with it, he shifts and then he's off. So it's kind of symbolic of how he runs the ball to what his journey has been in football overall. Because he was patient, he waited his turn, his number was called, and he takes advantage of the opportunity as he absolutely should. So very proud of Rico, very happy to see it.
Speaker 10: I just wish we would have seen it earlier. It's okay, but better late than ever.
Speaker 8: And you know what, on Thanksgiving perfect time to do it. Thankful uh that anybody ever doubtled him because now I have receipts, the bookmarks, the bookmarks on my Twitter. I'm coming for y'all, coming for y'all. I have like two years worth of bookmarks just ready to go. I was waiting for this moment.
Speaker 6: Guys, Jesus, we have no doubt.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, It's like I'll sit on what is going on right now?
Speaker 9: It's like mid day TV? Is that read anyway? Anyway? Sorry, We'll go down, y'all. Makes me so sick. She lost her thought, Yeah I did.
Speaker 11: I tweeted during this game is he was displaying a lot of patience, And I agree with you. I think we talk about the game slowing down for guys all the time. It's definitely slowing down for him. You see him reading what the defense is doing, Like you can even see his eyes on film, like seeing him he misdirects people sometimes with his eyes, like he's starting to use some of those instincts to his benefit. And that's why I think we were pounding on the table at the beginning of the season. That's why the reps are that important. You know, people just think running back is just go out there and run. It's like, no, they have assignments they're processing has to be on point, and so we're starting to see that from him.
Speaker 9: But a lot of this just starts with.
Speaker 11: The offensive line and the movement that the offensive line is getting. He's really taking advantage of how much this interior is getting pushed off the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 9: They're using different ways.
Speaker 11: And I will say too, we've complained about the run game a lot this season. This is one of the few games I felt like they really stuck to it. And it wasn't always pretty, you know, like there was some negative plays, there were times that you didn't get much out of it, but they just stuck to it, stuck to it, stuck to it.
Speaker 9: And I think aside from the second.
Speaker 5: Quarter fact whatever, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 11: But they stuck to it and they were they gave him the carrier.
Speaker 9: That kept the defense honest. But I think that a lot of it also.
Speaker 11: Too, is just keep you just keep doing it and the opposing team's defense. It doesn't matter if you get negative yards out of it or not. It's easier on them, easier on them when.
Speaker 9: You're passing the ball. Don't be easy on them.
Speaker 11: Don't make it easy on them and sit back and drop back all those times.
Speaker 9: Run at them.
Speaker 11: It's not always going to be positive, it's not always gonna be pretty, but be physical and establish the line of scrimmage. And I think that that's a part of the reason why he's able to He's been able to find some success running the ball over his.
Speaker 6: Last couple of weeks and yards after contact have.
Speaker 9: He's bouncing off of people.
Speaker 7: You see it, You see it, yeah, And when you're at field level, that's because you can't see all the you know, it's not the All twenty two coaches film where you can see the holes opening. What you see from that level is the yards after contact and to your point, the offensive line.
Speaker 6: You know, off the ball, move and everything.
Speaker 7: But but the other thing is there is an energy when the run game is going for the offense right that fires up the entire team, not just the offensive line, fires up the entire team.
Speaker 8: Because they know they don't have to carry the weight to the world.
Speaker 9: But it also too, is a it's a temperament thing.
Speaker 11: It's a it's a you're in your face like it's my will is is greater than yours. It is And that's what I was saying, Like there were spots in this game where the offensive line was moving those guys off the ball so serious like and if your defense sees that, it's it's one of the few times that you just see hat on hat.
Speaker 9: I'm bigger than you, I'm stronger than you.
Speaker 11: And we talked about brock Hoffman and those those young guys on the interior, Tyler Smith as.
Speaker 9: Well, like those are their tone setting in that way. So he's feeding off.
Speaker 6: Of them, and you you softened them up.
Speaker 7: And then in the fourth quarter and put most of the second half, they're the Giants are without dexter lawrence for the dislocated elbow and without yes Roachests and so they were they were without some key guys. And that's when because the running game is like boxing, it's jab jab jab jab jab.
Speaker 6: That's what a run game does. And then you get your.
Speaker 8: Well And also I thought, sorry, one more thing.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 8: I also just feel like a lot of the guys in that locker room were rooting for Rico to get this opportunity. And so to see a lot all all guys, they were all rooting for Rico to be like, it's your time, man. Like the amount of guys that you would hear passing by Ricos in the last two years that we were around everything. You would just hear, you know, after practice like hey, your time's coming, man, Hey, your time's up man. Like a lot of encouragement from his teammates. So to your point, Christy about the energy being high in it, bringing more of that energy out, Yeah, they're seeing a guy that they saw sitting waiting for his turn, getting his opportunity, opportunity and.
Speaker 10: Doing the most with it.
Speaker 8: And when you have guys like Izzy, for example, who's a couple of lockers away from Rico, seeing that happen, why would it not inspire you to go out and play your best because look what happens when you do get that opportunity. So for me, I think Rico's just it's truly been one of my favorite stories to follow the last couple of years, is to know that he was ready and to see it come to Fruition this year and specifically in this game for one hundred yards doesn't seem like a big deal.
Speaker 10: It was really exciting to see for.
Speaker 4: Him, for sure, and you talk about the patience that he showed, but he was also making guys miss like that was something that I noticed shimming guys off. I mean, and even with the offensive line, even when they would they would make mistakes and miss blocks, you still see guys hustling downfield to make those blocks and open up those holes for Rico. So it was a true team effort when you talk about the offensive line and Rico Dad will having the success.
Speaker 5: That he was able to have. But all right, I saw you, Danson.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna take our first break.
Speaker 5: Next we're gonna talk about some defense.
Speaker 4: Michael Parsons is gonna We're going to hear from Michael Parsons about the improvement that this defensive line and defense as a whole is making.
Speaker 5: Will be your back on more girls, dog boys talk.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top tier engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidandebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 14: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at gay time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in Visiligne, the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, Visit in Visiligne dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off Cowboys fans.
Speaker 15: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively.
Speaker 6: To business taxes.
Speaker 15: Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: The most electric fine event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant.
Speaker 10: Is back at the start in Frisco.
Speaker 8: Join us Everday, Friday and Saturday night from November twenty second through November twenty first for a spectacular holiday show with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, rhythm and blues, rowdy Santa Claus, and a surprise tree lighting appearance from your favorite Dallas Cowboys heroes. Best of all, the show is free. For details, visit the stardistrict dot com and don't miss out on the holiday.
Speaker 4: Magic all Right go ahead, don't miss out. Don't miss out on this Cowboys defense either.
Speaker 8: Oh sorry, I love that one.
Speaker 10: That was holiday magic. It really was. I'm in the holiday I'm in the follow law mood. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 15: For you.
Speaker 11: Thanks Giving is over, it is follow it is.
Speaker 8: That's why I brought you guys the cookies.
Speaker 10: Getting the follow la la la.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, the Cowboys defense has continued to play their best football and only getting better each week, especially the last two weeks. They had a season high tied a season high in sacks, just obviously feeling a little bit more comfortable in Mike Zimmer's scheme, and Michael Parsons was asked about it post game on how comfortable these guys.
Speaker 5: Are starting to feel. Let's go ahead and listen to what he.
Speaker 6: Had to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you know, I just you. I think it was a learning period. Everyone's to understanding new defense, a lot more creative and demanding how they want people to play the gap. So it was challenging a lot of interior guys to play new ways, the corners to play new ways. I think at this point everyone's comfortable. Everyone was locked in, you know, and you got to think as soon as we were trying to get comfortable injuries, there was like dang ning name, So you're telling you callt some guys up that was probably never going to get the opportunity, and they got to learn the system, and you know they was probably comfortable. Like I got Mike and d Loon from I'm probably you know, not gonna get much. It's like boom, it's right down in front of you. So it tells you always got to be prepared. You always got stay prepared. And I think at this point in the season that everyone's ready.
Speaker 5: Everyone's clearly ready.
Speaker 4: You look at what Michael Parsons is able to do six pressures on thirty six pass rushers, one and a half sacks to Marvin Overshown.
Speaker 5: Who I mean we just talk about the play alone, that.
Speaker 4: Interception in return for a pick six. I mean, all those guys are really just starting to gel and like I've already mentioned, feeling a little bit more comfortable.
Speaker 5: But when you talk about you were.
Speaker 4: Mentioning her earlier, just hearing him finally say that, you know, guys are stepping up, guys are feeling more comfortable. How have you started to see that translate each week?
Speaker 11: Well, they're getting the opportunities to rush the pass sir, which comes in handy obviously. But I think because because these guys have gotten more comfortable with the system, I think that's allowing Mike Zimmer to navigate and do some disguising on the back end and have some He's shifting front so.
Speaker 9: That shifts are just where like you see guys like raps for the snap, they kind of like crawl to.
Speaker 11: The other side, like it looks like they're crawling, but they're just stepping to the other side, trying to find favorable lanes, rush lanes, stress offensive lines. I think he's doing some things that he wasn't able to do before because he needed to know that these guys were gonna be in position and do their job. And I think he's gained some faith in them, and because of that, he's getting into his.
Speaker 9: Bag a little bit.
Speaker 11: He's and I know that Zimmer is starting to enjoy the usage of a marian over shown and things like that.
Speaker 9: I mean, like, I think a lot of it has to.
Speaker 11: Do with him trusting them more because because they clearly are picking up what they're they're trying to do. But I think they're also just find some things from a past Russian standpoint, which again they weren't able to do as much at the beginning of the season because people was just running on them. But now that they have kind of gotten better at stopping, like they're getting a little bit more solid to stop in the run, they're getting they're ironing the opportunity to rush the pass there and because of that it is helping the secondary and they're causing some turnovers as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, what I underestimated to your point earlier I show was how different it would be for the guys in the locker room adjusting from a Dan Quinn to a Mic.
Speaker 9: Zimmer and temperament and all that stuff. That's like two.
Speaker 8: Completely different kinds of coaches here, and not not a not to either one. It's just you went kind of from night and day, from from one day to the next literally, And so for a lot of these guys, who you know, were younger when Dan came in, got used to that, And I personally think it's just taken time for everybody to adjust to each other while learning a new system, and that could be a lot in front. And then on top of that, you have injury after injury after century.
Speaker 9: So it's it's just.
Speaker 8: It's been never ending for the challenges that this defense has faced. On top of the fact that you know, you had guys, key, vital guys coming back from injury, even as early on as trading camp, Like you had Mazie that you know wasn't getting all of the reps in because of that shoulder surgery and rehab that he had early on, so he was on a late progression and then uh, it just kept coming and then you had a Tank out and then a Mica out, So you know, I'm sure Zim really had to adjust to what exactly he had. And with these younger guys, let's call it what it is. You don't know exactly what you have yet for some guys, and even like a Demo, we didn't know how he was going to come back in and look this season because he just came off of an ACL You wouldn't know now, but you didn't know at the beginning of the season. So for me, I mean, it's just been a progression that I think in retrospect, when we look back on it makes sense that it has taken them this long into the season to figure it out.
Speaker 10: Given every single thing.
Speaker 8: That's stacked against them starting early on. So I really do applaud Zimmer's adjustments during this time, but I also applaud the locker room for continuing to have faith and just these wins, like we were talking about, especially starting to stack them back up just gives you that morale boost of you're doing it for a reason and you're not putting all of this work into learning and readjusting, and you know, playing for other guys and doing everything that they've had to do to overcompensate essentially from these injuries worth it. So I really applaud all of them and what they've had to do to get back.
Speaker 10: To this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, confidence comes from demonstrated ability. That's the Bill parcellsism. But it's it's not just players themselves or players in zimmer system. As to what you guys are saying, it's Zimmer's confidence, the demonstrated ability of the players now you know, getting adjusted to it and playing better.
Speaker 6: But the way that.
Speaker 7: It's manifest itself to your original question, And Ayisha, the very last thing you said was turnovers, and that was the key Thursday because the two of the touchdowns, the obviously the demo interception returned for a touchdown.
Speaker 6: That's off of a takeaway.
Speaker 7: But the opening in the third quarter that the that was the Cooks TD that was a short field that was Eric Kendrick sack force fumble recovered by demon overshown. So so here's here's the thing. Fourteen points off of takeaways on Thursday. Why is that significant Because in all the games leading up to Thursday, the Cowboys had a grand total off of takeaways thirteen points. So you thirteen points coming into the game. Fourteen points on Thursday.
Speaker 6: Duh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, football ain't hard, okay. And what's the number one statistic and determined a winner or loss?
Speaker 6: Now? Can you find a few?
Speaker 9: Can you put holds in this?
Speaker 7: Sure, you can always find examples, But it's turnover differential. Fourteen points on Thursday and you won by seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that just gives you more confidence.
Speaker 4: I mean, everybody starts to play with a little bit more fire.
Speaker 5: The offense started to play a little bit better as well. So it's what's the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 4: It's a.
Speaker 15: It's a.
Speaker 5: It's a. It's a. Y'all got to help me with this world.
Speaker 7: It's like, uh, you know, like complimentary football.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I was like, it's like a feeding off of each other frenzy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's tracking.
Speaker 11: Tracking, And I feel like there's a word word for it.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, but it just wasn't coming to you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm infectious, And there it is. There, It is infectious.
Speaker 9: Because I think that was what I was looking for about help me. I'm like.
Speaker 11: To help you, but not as and and here's the difference between and Also so it's important to remember also to the difference between dan Quinn's system and the Mike Zimmer system. Mike Zimmer, like dan Quinn coaches you they you're going to take your going for turnovers like they coach turnovers in a way that is very unique because I remember some of the players saying like, I've never done this, much like jug Work, I've never done this like he Joey Junior and those guys really emphasized taking the ball away and that's why the Cowboys thrived during that time. Dan Quinn's previous teams had been top ten and in turnovers, so it's something that carries with him most of the time.
Speaker 9: Washington Havings strut whatever, it's not my business.
Speaker 11: Mike Zimmer system teaches if you play your position, the turnovers will come to you.
Speaker 9: They're coming to them now.
Speaker 10: So because they understand the existence.
Speaker 9: It does take patients. Because you have some risk takers also too. On your defense.
Speaker 11: The Marcus Lawrence will held jump out of his rush lane every now and he'll move to another gap.
Speaker 9: To We've seen him do that on big plays.
Speaker 11: Trayvon Diggs, he'll jump routes during Blandale jump routes.
Speaker 9: Like you have some risk taker type guys. And I'm not saying to take that away.
Speaker 11: It's just that this system is it is different to your point in you play it. If you play it right, the turnovers will come to you as opposed to we're going to seek them from the start of the snap.
Speaker 8: That sounded that Oh very Yoda wise word.
Speaker 10: That was one of the.
Speaker 11: Biggest differences that I noticed in Zimmer system when I was learning it.
Speaker 9: When I first I was like.
Speaker 11: Oh, he wants you to play sound well and the ball will come to you to that point too.
Speaker 8: Last year, the Cowboys, you know, were cut. Okay, let's go back a year before last. You're Trayvon Diggs who was the ball hawk being Trayson Diggs Trays out. Then you have Drawn Bland coming out of nowhere. Mister anything but Bland picked six. Okay, So then you start this season Drawn's out and then you get drawn back Tray's out.
Speaker 6: So it's almost like the.
Speaker 10: People forget.
Speaker 8: People forget what a ballhawk can really be in that Cowboys dB because they haven't seen it so far this season because yeah, one side's been out, the other's been out. That dB room has just been through it through the ring or this season, so they're not respecting it as much as you've seen in previous seasons because again, reputation carries, and from that, you just haven't seen it yet because again injury Bug decided to come and hit very hard, specifically that cornerback room.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, you.
Speaker 9: Don't get no pressure either. I mean you wasn't. You didn't get into the quarterback.
Speaker 11: I mean they were getting pressures, I'll give them that, but they weren't affecting the QB. Kaitlin Carson's on IR Now what's the TikTok? Now?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I'm glad Listen.
Speaker 11: This was a very rough year to be a rookie corner on this defense with no pass rush I'm sorry, y'all, Like this is a nugget you're asking him to hold on to do your life and quarterbacks are just back there like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 9: Gonna go to like you know what I'm saying. So I agree. I do think that didn't help either that.
Speaker 11: I think that's the second day right now is benefiting from this past rush. Michael Parson's being back, those guys being in the line.
Speaker 10: Of sifting able to play well again.
Speaker 11: Donald looking like Donald Donovan is. They're figuring out some things with Donovan, have him coming forward.
Speaker 9: Yes, that is his game. Yeah, that's his game.
Speaker 4: All right? Whoa We have a little game afterwards. It's not really a game, but it's Yeah, it's kind of.
Speaker 5: A game, all right.
Speaker 4: Who makes Who made you smile on Thanksgiving Day?
Speaker 5: Think about it? Because they're gonna take our first break. We were back and more girls talk boys after the break.
Speaker 14: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in Visi Line, the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand ready to take the first step towards us. You'll love visit in Visit Line dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field.
Speaker 15: And off Cowboys fans. When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively.
Speaker 6: To business taxes.
Speaker 15: Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch. This year, you can even get them with the icon Onyx star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top tier engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 8: Capture a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Reality.
Speaker 10: Santa will be spreading holiday cheer at.
Speaker 8: His Cowboys themed cottage in the Star District from November twenty second November twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head.
Speaker 10: To the Star District dot com.
Speaker 8: Slash Santa can confirm it is so cute. Last dear I took Toby to get his picture taken with Santa. Only one dog can go because WIT's too crazy, Like Wit would not sit there for a picture. Toby Sweetest Angel, sat on Santa's lap. Santa was like hugging Toby, and I was like, where am I supposed to sit?
Speaker 6: What do I do?
Speaker 8: And so we took one with just Toby and then Santa's like, no, you come in here.
Speaker 10: So I had to sit on like the arm rest. But like Toby forgets you.
Speaker 7: Just to clear about it, you can't bring human children and not just not just pets.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess, yeah, want to what I wouldn't I guess about the kids?
Speaker 9: He said, no, I forget you.
Speaker 8: No, but he did put in Sana, Santa, I mean the dog, get me and give me that dog. Sanna wanted to exactly exactly all right.
Speaker 6: Who wow?
Speaker 4: I know we ti really do this on Fridays. Let me just disclaim that out now right now. But who made you all smile Thanksgiving Day?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Don't pick me first, y'all?
Speaker 7: Go?
Speaker 10: I know you go first.
Speaker 5: No, I don't want to go first.
Speaker 8: I'm thinkes deal, I'll go first, but it's very predictable.
Speaker 10: Cret go go yeah, yep, duh.
Speaker 8: I knew it, okay, well, and that was because again I already explained it why this one hundred yards was so significant for him. I really think this is the starting line for what you're gonna see from Rico. And honestly, I just feel like it's what you needed for McCarthy to feel really confident in play calling, and to your point, Nicole consistently adding the run through all four quarters of the game. So it made me smile because I've seen Rico's journey. He's one of the first players that I talked to in the locker room when we first started going in there, and to see him from then to now and the confidence growth and the growth as him as a player, I'm just really I'm really proud.
Speaker 10: Of him for that.
Speaker 8: So yeah, and I was thankful, thankful for and anyone that doubtled him.
Speaker 9: I don't know who made me smile. Boy, let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: I feel like I have Brack Kaufin.
Speaker 9: What have you on the ground today? I compared him. I compared him. I said he got a Draymond Green spirit.
Speaker 11: And I think a lot of people look at that and they be like, I'm like, first of all, Draymond Green is one of the most the smartest basketball players I qis.
Speaker 9: You will ever hear.
Speaker 11: But also to his antics. Although I don't agree with all of them, a lot of them have reason. If you listen to him, it's a mental game to him. And and Brock is that type of guy. He backs it up with the physicality and the nastiest in his play. But he is I'm gonna be in your face all day, come on, homie, like all day.
Speaker 9: And I was just watching him some of the stuff he was doing on the field.
Speaker 11: I said this, and it's crazy, but I think every I think every offensive line needs.
Speaker 9: A little bit.
Speaker 11: I need someone that is like that, that's not afraid to to do some gibbering, some jabber and that's not afraid to total line just a little bit, you know, to set the tone.
Speaker 9: So what made me smile? Brack Kaufman. He had me cackling, especially if you go back and watch the film.
Speaker 11: I said, Hoffmann, you ain't gotta fight every player. You ain't gotta be cussing nobody out everything.
Speaker 6: But sometimes it works.
Speaker 9: It if you go look at what wouldn't it you say.
Speaker 11: Jesse Jesse Holly Uh. He were talking about it earlier and he was just like, man, like, I'm watching Dexter Lawrence get visibly by him.
Speaker 9: But at the same time, that's.
Speaker 6: It's a part of it.
Speaker 8: It is a part of the game, and he was playing to back up what he was.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's what happened. Actually, as a matter of fact, it just made me smile. He had me cackling because.
Speaker 6: What is wronging sick.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go Brandon Cooks just because work with the rehab and not just the touchdown, but I mean big place, but but that catch at the end of the game to keep the ball for the Cowboys where they could just kneel down, that was I mean, just the way he just snagged it. So I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Cooks and part of it just like to your like just says about Rico Daddle.
Speaker 14: Guy.
Speaker 7: We just love and appreciate for who he is and what he brings to the locker room and glad to see that hard work payoff with a really good Thanksgiving Day.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna go with the obvious with Turpin, I feel like, I mean, it's it's hard when you talk about the different teams that he's played for and his journey to the NFL and seeing where he is now. Had the pleasure of actually knowing him in college, so like, just seeing his his.
Speaker 5: Journey has been awesome.
Speaker 4: So yeah, getting him more confident and seeing the confidence actually translate on the field has been awesome.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I'm gonna go with no one went with overshown. Sorry, she's gonna makes a smile.
Speaker 8: Do what playmate a smiles like, because I would say, Demo, I'm gonna say the bat ball to the pick six.
Speaker 6: We're gonna say that for tomorrow.
Speaker 11: We'll get me to that point, get into the Michael point where it's just like we don't even mention him because he's so good, because he's.
Speaker 9: So over shown all right on that note.
Speaker 8: Been great.
Speaker 4: Jes Navars, Christy Scales, I'm Nicole. I just think we'll see a'll back here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.