Speaker 1: Hey, you're here.
Speaker 2: You found the Second Date podcast and we love that. Thank you so much. Thank you here.
Speaker 3: You know what, if you want us to invade more of your life, we're on YouTube, yeah with Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Your address, I can show up Jose. Jose will come to your house and give you hugs. You give me food, uh huh.
Speaker 3: And also there's forty five more minutes of this dumb content that apparently you like, which.
Speaker 2: We're really grateful for.
Speaker 3: You can go over the main feed for the full show Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: But right now, let's get into this relationship stuff. Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: I know in the past we've talked about how going to a movie for a first date isn't necessarily the best idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it sounds good, but following through universally agreed upon.
Speaker 4: You could end up spending a couple hours next to this person and still know nothing about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless they're like Jose and talk to the entire thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, personally, that's kind of how I like to date.
Speaker 2: Oh, just not knowing the person.
Speaker 4: Ever, you don't need to know about me, I don't need to know about you. As long as you have a big enough popcorn bucket that you will. Maybe I'm an outlier, okay, but our listener Sienna said she had her first date at the Talking Pictures and thought it went swell. Maybe there was a little necking going on in the back round, Siena, what gives?
Speaker 1: I mean necking is a really gross term.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think it ends up with a hickey, starts with that big popcorn bucket.
Speaker 4: But let's get into it. Sienna, tell us about this guy you met and the whole experience. Yeah, I'm bringing it down. I'm bringing it down now.
Speaker 1: So I met Evan on a you know, dating website, and I whites because both of us really into like sci fi fantasy book clubs.
Speaker 2: That's very specific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean usually when I see that, they're usually a good egg.
Speaker 2: So what makes them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, what makes them a good egg?
Speaker 4: If they like does it float in water?
Speaker 1: About it?
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just curious what it says about a person?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I mean, like sci fi fantasy has like a lot of like political commentary and a lot of sci fi and fantasy. There's a lot more to it than just dragons and like futuristic stuff like Theyle big moral and ethical issues and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, subtle political commentary, hot got it?
Speaker 3: Nice, very intelligence, right, deeper thinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, he can read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, like, I mean, if you just like at like how popular Project Hill Mary was.
Speaker 4: The more you talk, Sienna, the more I'm realizing you called into the wrong show.
Speaker 2: What thing I can guarantee is when we call this guy, he's not going to know who we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, aside from what made him such a great egg, let's move on to the dates. Tell us about that you went to the movies.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we did because we were talking about how hard it is to like adapt a movie from a book, and there's not really anything out right now that adapts. But we both like horror, so we decided to go, like to a horror movie together.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: I think if you're going to pick any movie for a date, horror is probably your best bet because at least you can trauma bond.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can cry into each other's It's like.
Speaker 2: A fun movie to watch with people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why did you think horror would be a good choice?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because it's like, if it's really scary. Then you can talk about how good it was and like how did they make it scary? Did they make it through like jump scares or did they make it like just really chilling and like creepy or is it really yeah? Or is it really camp? And you can like just make fun of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really camp? Yeah, like campy?
Speaker 1: Yeah really?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I don't camp.
Speaker 4: That's also a big thing.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like over the top cheesy.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you everybody for stopping us all. Now, somebody get Jose's Color by Numbers book. He's got overwhelmed. Don't kill me. Let's get back to the date. How was it?
Speaker 1: The movie was like great, it was really scary. I was totally creeped out. Afterwards he talked about it and like, so.
Speaker 3: Wait, can I ask where did you guys talk about it? Did you go to do something else?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So what we did was like we talked about it in the car for a little bit, and then like I was a little creeped out, so I was like, let's go grab ice cream or something, and we started talking about books again.
Speaker 2: Right, something more wholesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And then like he took me home, walked me to my door. He seemed like he wanted to lean in, so I just kind of said, you know, it's okay, you want to kiss me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really cute. And did he He did.
Speaker 1: End the date.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you're a woman who watched movies and you let a guy you met online pick you up at your house kind of scared to be with them alone after the movie.
Speaker 1: Well, I always tell my friends where I'm at one and two. Like, I did some digging, you know, about him and like udeas and stuff and like jobs, all that stuff that like makes you feel a little bit more comfortable about who you're going out with.
Speaker 4: You went to his LinkedIn page his jobs.
Speaker 1: It does help you know that, Like if they're active on their LinkedIn, they're at least, like I don't know, they're not like hiding, they're not creeping in their parents' basement. If they haven't active LinkedIn, I.
Speaker 5: Want to I know.
Speaker 4: All right, So what's happened since the post ice cream makeup? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well I didn't get like any kind of texts over the next like a couple of.
Speaker 4: Days, son of sorry.
Speaker 1: Thank you. So I texted him and I was just like, hey, I had a really great time, you know, and I'd love to hang out again and did respond, but it was just like, yeah, it was great, and he didn't like respond to this want to hang out again part or anything like that. And I feel like something went wrong, but I just don't know what it was.
Speaker 4: I mean, alexis this has happened to you countless times? What has it been in the past for you?
Speaker 2: What's my problems? Yeah, She's like, we don't have time for Yeah, I don't have time.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like you did anything wrong.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's the kiss of death, Alexa. Since it's great, you must have messed up horribly. Let's find out what really happened when we come back. Call Evan and do your second date update.
Speaker 2: Right after this Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second.
Speaker 4: Date updates if you're just joining us. We've been talking to our listener Siena about her intoxicating first date with a guy named Devin really because they went and saw a scary movie then shared a waffle cone, and after that she said something along the lines of, hey, daddy, O, if you want to go lip to lip like two plunges, I wouldn't fight you off.
Speaker 2: Actually the quote since I think exactly what she said pretty close and.
Speaker 4: That led to a makeout so passionate, so intense that Ed will barely respond to her texts anymore.
Speaker 2: A single kisl like you out of a lot of juicy details.
Speaker 4: You, I'm picturing it a lot more differently than my brain.
Speaker 2: I don't know that Sienna wants you to picture anything.
Speaker 4: Jeff Siena, What was I off on my description?
Speaker 1: You might have embellished a tiny bit.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's just because there was so much love and passion happening. Leah, Yeah, hot, plunge your action in my mind. But I mean, usually when things go wrong during a date, we don't hear about kisses like the one that you just described.
Speaker 2: I mean, but does a man ever turn down a kiss?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was gonna I feel like every date gets a kiss in it is on show.
Speaker 3: You know, like if the girl proposes it, he is a guy, even if he's having a terrible time going to say no.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a good question, Sienna. Do you feel like it was possibly a pity kiss?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I hope not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be sad. I didn't mean to set you up with that in your mind. Let's just get to it now.
Speaker 4: I have a good question to ask him. But I'm gonna dial his number right now and let's see if he picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this seven?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, man, I know this is weird, but we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. What's up man, Good morning, Evan.
Speaker 2: We kind of had guessed that maybe you were a listener.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you probably.
Speaker 5: I'm not a listener. Is this real?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I asked myself that question every day when I come to work.
Speaker 2: Am I actually doing this again?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But this is real. It's a segment we do. It's called the Second Date Update.
Speaker 5: What does Second Date Update mean?
Speaker 4: It's basically a segment where listeners can come to us if they're having trouble getting a hold of a person after they go out with them. Once we can reach out and see if there's a reason.
Speaker 5: Why would why would anyone do that?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: I do, feel, like you know, Evan, like dating is frustrating right now.
Speaker 4: So, and it's so frustrating that a woman named Sienna reached out for our help.
Speaker 2: I was really excited about you.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what's like, I mean, what's the question?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, Sienna actually told us about the date you two have. That's what people do when they're on this show. We hear about the date and we try to figure out if there's a reason why afterwards you're not calling her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we know like you went to a horror movie and that you like sci fi fantasy and you got ice cream.
Speaker 5: Wow, she really kind of laid most of it out for you. But like, look, those.
Speaker 2: Were real personal details.
Speaker 4: That's a recap of your date.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But like Sienna is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good way to start.
Speaker 5: And I mean she's just she seems to be a really great person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't call her back either.
Speaker 2: She's beaut compassionate.
Speaker 5: Hang on to what she showed up to the movie theater with a stuffed animal And I'm not I'm not talking about like a little key ring size stuffed animal. We're talking like the size of a toddler.
Speaker 4: What a large like a fair animal?
Speaker 3: Was it one of those like yeah, ones that are actually like more comfortable than your actual pillow. You gotta cover your eyes during scary movies with something true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, But.
Speaker 5: I mean, first off, we are adults, and she's a grown woman that has stuffed animals, which is a little red flag for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, my panda would not be happy to hear that I've got a puppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also argue, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just telling you that is that's that's a red flag.
Speaker 2: Why why is it a red flag? What does it say about a person if they have a stuffed animal?
Speaker 5: If you were a grown adult, you gotta get rid of kids stuff. Like, if it's something you had since you were a kid, that's great. If it's something new, that's an issue.
Speaker 2: But play and make believe in your sci fi world.
Speaker 4: It's okay, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just watching movies and reading books. I'm not LARPing.
Speaker 3: So right at the very beginning of the date, you're like red flag and had you already written her off.
Speaker 5: I didn't write her off at the start because I didn't know if she was bringing it to give it away to a kid, if there was a charity drive drop off or something we were going to. But she didn't explain it to me. There was no introduction for anything. The end of the night. Okay, look, I wanted to try to salvage the night. And we went and we had ice cream.
Speaker 2: Did the stuff he come to ice cream too? Or did she drop it off at the car?
Speaker 5: She brought it into ice cream, And then at the very end of the night, she asked me if I wanted to kiss, and we had a sweet little kiss.
Speaker 2: I told you guys, never say no.
Speaker 3: I mean, this guy's like red flag all the way turned off and he's still kissing her.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I was like, you know, I'm gonna give this one more shot. But then she's like, I think you should kiss Pebbles because eel be jealous.
Speaker 2: He will be jealous. Was she joking? That had to have been a joke.
Speaker 5: No, she was serious as all get out. And I kissed Pebbles on the nose and I got out of there as fast as I could.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I will say, I mean my stuff. Animals don't ask for kisses from other people, just from me.
Speaker 4: So now you kissed Pebbles and you have feelings for both of them, and you don't know is that what you're fighting yourself?
Speaker 5: I don't know who I want to date at this point, heart torn, I get it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like that could have been an easy text, like, hey, so pebbles was a little much for me.
Speaker 2: I don't think anything about that text is easy.
Speaker 1: Brook.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't have to have it over text anymore, because actually Siena is on the phone right now listening to this conversation and waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I just think that he's reacting, okay, like it's a horror movie. I brought my stuffed animal. Obviously he's still with me when I go to ice cream. But I just don't see it as like a huge red flag. At that point at the beginning of the movie, before we went talk and went for ice cream, I barely knew you. I didn't want to cuddle you.
Speaker 5: You say you don't know me, but you had me kiss your best shreds.
Speaker 1: I don't didn't expect you to say that you would, but then you did, and it was adorable.
Speaker 5: You're grown woman carrying around the stuffed animal. You suggested a horror movie. We went.
Speaker 1: Figures. What's the different.
Speaker 5: I do collect action figures, but they stood on my shelf. I don't take them with me to the movies or to ice cream or ask you to kiss them different.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should have more of an emotional attachment and you would feel more secure to.
Speaker 5: An action figure. It becomes wrong with you. There's absolutely no reason, and I should be going on a date with a woman and a stuffed animal.
Speaker 4: Okay, the stuffed animal has a name. It's Pebbles. So let's show Pebbles a little respect and address them appropriate. And you kissed Pebbles before, so don't get all snippy with everybody. Just on the nose, just on the Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's interesting that you can't look past it, because she does sound like she's a very put together person, and it does feel a little hypocritical that you have action figures.
Speaker 5: That that I don't take with me to the movie.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean that's your line, though, Like that's just a it feels like a line that maybe you could get past.
Speaker 4: You still both care about these things.
Speaker 5: She she's not the bad guy in this, but I'm not the bad guy either.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's you told me that you go to the rent fair. Like what's the difference between that and like dressing up for the rent fair.
Speaker 5: I go to the rent fair. I don't dress up for the rent fair.
Speaker 2: You can't go on dressed up.
Speaker 4: He's the only guy.
Speaker 2: He judges other.
Speaker 4: People for this guy wearing a suit of armor.
Speaker 5: E look cool?
Speaker 4: All right, Evan, I think we've all heard enough of you picking up wenches at the ren Fair. We just have to ask.
Speaker 5: Why you go Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Well I have to ask you this question, even though I'm pretty sure I know the answer, because we would pay if you would go out on one more date with Sienna.
Speaker 2: If even wants it.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I don't know Sienna.
Speaker 5: Only if Peple stayed home.
Speaker 2: Wait, oh wait you.
Speaker 1: There, no, because he already because he already said that he has a problem with stuffed animals. Pebbles is not my only like duft animal in my house.
Speaker 2: How many do you have?
Speaker 1: I probably have like three or four on my bad Oh. I mean I probably have like one hundred and a storage locker that I would bring out just for him.
Speaker 5: Oh oh damn, you're both collectors for ejail.
Speaker 4: That's a lot not weird. Do you kiss all of them?
Speaker 2: Pubbles would be jealous? Yeah, so I guess that's a no.
Speaker 4: I mean, it sounds like it's not a match between Evan and Siena. But who's going to break the news to Pebbles or Pebbles awkward Tuesday phone call next week. I don't want to break his heart.
Speaker 1: He was a terrible kisser.
Speaker 4: Oh kiss he's ever gotten? Jeffrey in the morning textan seventy five nine too. What do you think is it okay to bring stuffed animals with you on a date?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you call it a la bubuo and you spent a lot of money, that he's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, Brooke, you came to the defense of her for having a stuffed animal really quickly. But I didn't hear you say bringing it to a movie or out to ice cream was okay. Where do you stand on that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. She sounded put together. Then the line about the hundred and the story, I don't know each their own. Obviously it was not his thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously Pebbles is very important to her, So I'm.
Speaker 2: Not going to judge.
Speaker 4: What about what the kiss at the end of the stuffed animal? Not enough room?
Speaker 2: I'm stucking my thumb right now that he did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you were if you were single right now and you and I went out, would you have me kiss your glow worm.
Speaker 2: No, she only kisses me. Yeah, I do not let we don't share.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gloria is mine, not Gloria anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely was not a match today. It doesn't mean it can't be a match for you. Email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go. Check out all of our second date updates online wherever you get your podcasts. Abrook and Jeffrey