Speaker 1: He is drink champs, motherfucky podcast man. He's a legendary queens rapper. He's agreed as your boy in O r E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hipp hop lioneer. Put up as d j E f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean. And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunks.
Speaker 1: Very day is New Year's Csten.
Speaker 2: It's time for drink champions.
Speaker 1: Drink up, motherfuck mother? Would it good? Be hoping he should be?
Speaker 2: This your boy in O r E.
Speaker 3: Put up his dj E f N. This is Jillammy great. This man has been in movies, he hasn't been. He has records from everybody from Gags the Bull, to Uchie Man to motherfucking Eminem. He still sells out tolls. He said he pulled up in the coloring and he came early. I fucking respect the shit out of that. We are going to have some fun today. We're gonna drink some whiskey. We heard he's a whiskey guy. See he got the American spirits over there.
Speaker 1: Yo sunny dpt in casey yo yellow Oh yeah, yellow back, yeah, yellow so Megan.
Speaker 3: Now Alabama but Tennessee. Yeah, how does that go together? I was born in Alabama, Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Then I moved to I actually moved to Antioch, so I grew up in the same hood jelly roll, Wow Struggle. So Antioch when I was about seven and I lived there from seven to fifteen years old, and then to Atlanta, Georgia, and back to Alabama. And so basically Alabama, Georgia Tennessee was Wow feeding grounds, so to speak.
Speaker 3: So when I listen to your music, I do hear a taste of Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Now it makes sense. That's where it popped. Atlanta is where I had to go to Atlanta to get it going. You made cho yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I linked up with Sea.
Speaker 4: Bear, Kawan Prayther, with Ghetto Vision and Jeremy Jones, and early on it was Maley the producer did Blonde Channel Orange. So we were out there making noise and that's where I got my chops up. You know, I had to get out of Alabama to go get heard. Okay, So I was on the streets for a while, you know, you know, slinging tapes out the trunk, doing that hour Alabama.
Speaker 3: What does the music seem like in Alabama, it's more country.
Speaker 1: It's changed a lot.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: The best way to describe the kind of neighborhood lifestyle that I grew up in is like hustle and.
Speaker 1: Flow, like visually Memphis pretty much just like that. Actually exactly like that Box Chevy's.
Speaker 3: You know, just you know, creepy little a song called box Chevy too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm on number eight right now, actually on on War Stories album, the double album we just released Box Chevy Part eight.
Speaker 2: I got a Killer Mic is on it.
Speaker 4: Killer Mic and Bob Styles and so yeah, we got a whole series of Box Chevy record I think.
Speaker 3: I think that's what's one of one of the most unique thing about you is no one can put you in a box.
Speaker 1: Like I can't say.
Speaker 3: Uh uh, Like if I hear you on a song with somebody, I'm not shocked because I feel like you can do any anything. I feel like that's that's like more your style. It's like, it's not that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, my my my manager and I, you know, we got a thing like creatively schizophrenic, professionally bipolar. You know that that's pretty you know, like being able to weave in and out of styles, and my consistency is literal, really my inconsistency, you know what I mean. I like to change, I like to explore a lot of shit and uh yeah, you know, I don't put boundaries on creativity.
Speaker 2: Never. Who were those early influences, like did were there local artists in Alabama? And then when you when you went to Atlanta. I'm sure that that really influenced you that whole scene. Who were those early influences?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, well, I mean it seems fantastical or unbelievable, but my mother's first long term boyfriend who did light and sound for Alabama, Ted NuGen Rio, Speedwagon ten thousand maniacs, uh and then Aerosmith.
Speaker 1: During the walk this way towards it is a true story.
Speaker 4: WHOA. I was six years old living in Alabama and Fort Payne and it was a dry county.
Speaker 3: So during the walk yeah, okay, okay, yeah, So before you finished that story, what should I do?
Speaker 1: Drink some whiskey? Yeah, whiskey, let's get just from Jo whisky.
Speaker 2: Going all right?
Speaker 1: Well, so.
Speaker 4: Since it was a dry county, but my mom, my mom and her boyfriend, they held the party down all the time, you know, late parties whatever. So literally the run DMC crew and Aerosmith came to our house, brought me my ideas merch, my Idea's tapes, licensed to Ill Tapes, Beastie Boy tape. So that was that was my first Hey, this is hip hop. At the time, it wasn't like, yo, this is hip hop. I've just given music because like in the music business, you get swagged all the time. It's a bunch of free shit here on the road. So that's how it fell into my world. The actual sound of hip hop. Up until that point, you know, it was all classic rock and country. But it wasn't until I moved to Nashville, Tennessee, where the culture of hip hop started to make sense, you know, like in the streets. But my early influence, I was just surrounded by music. I was very you know, like to like five years old. They would throw parties all the time, but they would just throw me in the basement. Yeah, because my mother was you know, I had a relationship. His name was John Orchard, and the company was called Electric Tech. So its lighting sound roadies. All them guys, they all roll together, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They party, Oh yeah, yeah, for real.
Speaker 4: And then so I would be down in the basement my uncle now uncle David, David Zammitt, who was also a sound engineer for a lot of big bands he did like June jam for like Dwight Yoakam and Alabama, Travis Tritt, all all those country guys, but he did programming. So there was an SP twelve hundred in the basement, and like they would put me down on the SP twelve hundred in the basement, I would be smacking around on that, you know what I mean, while they were partying and shit. So but it was all toy ish to me, you know, but the seeds were being laid, you know what I mean to you know, by the time I got to Nashville and picked up skateboarding and got in the graffiti scene, you know. Then then then hip hop was just like a tsunami, right, you know, it just started flooding into my life. So it was natural for me to pull all those influences and try to figure it out. It was took a lot long time, though, you know what I mean, to figure out that sound long time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I heard you use the phrase country hip hop was a hip hop country.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I'm not a big fan of country rap, you know. Like, to be quite honest, I don't. I don't believe in that genre.
Speaker 1: I don't. I just think that like the genre.
Speaker 4: I think that hip hop is whatever you make of it, because it's it's a sample bassed music. So if you want to do sitars in your record, you know what I'm saying, or if you want to sample a banjo, or if you want to pull from this and pull for that, hip hop can be you know.
Speaker 1: It's a stew of anything that you you know, absolutely, a lot of people like they try to put a.
Speaker 4: They put things into a box and try to compartmentalize each style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a marketing scheme to yeah. Yeah, But at the end of the day, man, it's just really hip hop.
Speaker 2: And you know it's to me.
Speaker 4: You got hip hop, country, rock and roll, blues, you know, those can be compartmentalized, but within hip hop itself. I just I've always believed in you know, hip hop, hip hop. You know, like it's just your style. What is your style? This is my style, this is how I do it.
Speaker 3: Now you started to beat between Machine Gun Kelly and eminem Right, No, I didn't start.
Speaker 1: People don't know people. It's not us.
Speaker 3: The people here doesn't allow cigarettes.
Speaker 1: So you drinking supposed to read again? Respect, No, let's go back to it. But this is a woman that I heard. I heard it.
Speaker 3: It was your record, machine Gun. Kelly is supposed to get on it, or he got on it. He sent it to M and M drops a disc record. Yeah, that's pretty much what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, so you didn't know that they had like a little little things going.
Speaker 4: I can't say that I was fully blind to some sort of there was something in the air, but honestly, DJ Paul, my brother Field, Yeah, we were in uh. We were in Nashville working on Trump Music, Trump.
Speaker 1: Music three, and he was like it was his idea. Yeah he was. He was like, bro, I got this, I got this rowdy beat.
Speaker 4: If I could get you Kel's and Marshall on this ship, it'll be out of here. It would be the craziest three white boys on the record that's ever been heard.
Speaker 1: That record, still record. That was his whole thing. I was like, man, I mean, fuck it out, let's let's go.
Speaker 4: So I lay it made my verse, sent it to UH to Kel's and Kells was super excited. I told him the whole, the whole idea of it. I pitched him, Okay, man, I'm trying to get Marshall on this record. Paul produced it. It'll be nuts if we can make this happen. So I recorded it, Kells recorded his verse, sent it to Marshall. Crickets Crickets for months, I don't know how long. All I knew I knew from then I was like, I don't know, man, I didn't I didn't know there was a disc record coming.
Speaker 1: But right, you're on Shady at the same Yeah, yeah, on Shady. Yeah, this is some exciting ship contiguous.
Speaker 2: I'm on Shady and.
Speaker 4: And I've got I got this record coming out on Shady. I mean like it's you know, it's a thing. It's a Shady release. He puts this disc record out and you have no idea.
Speaker 1: I have no clue.
Speaker 4: I had no one saw, no, he didn't say shit to anyone. And I'm sitting here with this record. It's me Paul Kells, and I'm like, oh, man, what the fuck am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying because I was like that.
Speaker 4: Within an hour of it hitting the internet, Kell's face times me wow, And I picked up the face time and Kel's going He's just shaking his head like, nah, man, nah, I'm not having it. Yeah exactly, he was like nah. I was like, hey, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I honestly like, at this point, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to tell you. I haven't spoken to Marshall.
Speaker 1: But you know, like I, you know, do what you do.
Speaker 4: I guess you want to man up and go go there, then go go there. But I can't tell you what's gonna happen with you and me. But you know, meaning I couldn't. I couldn't tell him like this may turn into a problem with me and you like because I told him that. Well yeah, I mean I was like, dog if you know, like I was with Shady, so if the general says go, let's go but yeah, so like but but so, I mean, but I'm saying that's my gang, you know, I was Shady Records, so respect.
Speaker 1: So I finally got Marshall on the phone.
Speaker 3: After I love how you called on Marshall, by the way, I love that.
Speaker 1: I know it's eminem yeah, yeah, I always it's weird calling imminent. Marshall seems like we called the Marshal because I don't know him at all. I never met him.
Speaker 3: I've met him one time at the Hip Hop Summit and it was like we passed by, shook hands, and that was pretty pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Uh in Detroit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, I could tell you that I was the only human probably alive with both of them on the phone during that whole.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, you going too fast, hold hold on on. So when m called, you got him and.
Speaker 1: You're separately were talking about okay, okay. I thought you had the three way going.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I only had a couple of conversations with Marshall.
Speaker 4: And but when I did talk to Marshall, I was in Toronto, and this is after after he had released the record.
Speaker 1: And then mg K drops his ship and he drops that line, you know.
Speaker 4: Something about don't take me off yellow album, Don't take me off Yellows album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, you took him with the album.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, okay, So I caught.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I caught Marshall basically like like listen, man.
Speaker 4: Obviously I got the utmost respect for Marshall, and I was like, listen, I like this song.
Speaker 1: I got with l Kel's, you know, and and like I had a beat with Kel's early early on. Yeah, yeah, I can't get along.
Speaker 4: Well I took I you know, I just I addressed it on bootleg keV, like if you want it, let's go, like I'm with it. I'm with it, I'm with the bullshit whatever. But I met him, we handled it, we squashed it. It's all good. And that was years years ago, so opportunity to come around to do a record, I was with it and we've since become good friends.
Speaker 2: That's my dog, you know.
Speaker 1: Wow. So I was like, what do you want me to do? The as marshall, you know, what what do we do?
Speaker 2: What do you want me to do?
Speaker 4: And he said to me, man, put that ship out. People need to hear it. People need to hear that. So he kept it that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he respected my career during all of.
Speaker 2: This, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, was that because he thought it was that good of a record or just out of.
Speaker 4: I think the situation respect for me and knowing that I didn't know, like I know if he had dissed mg K. And then I went and afterwards did a record with him. You know that would be fucked up, but that's not how it happened.
Speaker 2: So I was just fucking in the middle, like fucking.
Speaker 3: White boy Jesus or something, because I think I her game say that he thought that machine gun Kelly drink drinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take some creek water. By the way, this is my best ship, ride my Whiskey brand creek water. This is this is our cinnamon. We got the O G one proof and this is our brand. Give him a new cup though, our brand new one. Smoke peach. Oh you're making it over there, okay, okay, oh yeah, oh yeah, you got it. Okay, you got it?
Speaker 3: So which one is that? What's the look up? What was that cinnamon? You also did the movie right Along.
Speaker 1: Ride Along?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 5: Did I?
Speaker 1: It's in your google's right Along? Yeah, we did a movie called ride Along.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, right along with Now that's that's a docu. That's a document series with put Homeboy from.
Speaker 1: Uh the Evil Dead. He does the I ribe motorcycle, I ride Harley. You look like you ribe most cycles? Yeah no, no, just back.
Speaker 5: Was like like.
Speaker 1: Feels like that. You can look at him and say, yo, he owns a holly.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 4: I feel I'm terrible, terrible with names, even celebrities is horrible. Y'all know who the dude is, the head guy from from Evil Dead the shows.
Speaker 1: You're looking at him like he's gonna come over.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: So I did do that series with him. It was me and me, him and Marilyn Manson. Wow during that. During that, uh so, I just take him around. I took him around Nashville and the Harley and showed him the city and you know, I did the thing. But the first and only movie I've done officially is Peanut Butter Falcon.
Speaker 3: I was getting to that ahead, skipped my interview ahead. I got it right, head talk about it twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well, I mean it's the only film that I've done officially. I've been in a series here and there.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so Peanut Butterfalcon shot at Savannah, Georgia. Story by this kid with Down syndrome who escapes. He escaped the retirement home. People don't know. This is a real law in America. If a child with Down syndrome doesn't have a family to take care of him. They put him in a retirement home.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Damn, that's a real thing. A kid. Wow.
Speaker 4: And they put him on the government custody at a retirement home as well. So the director Tyler became best friends with this kid, Zach And in real life, I wrote the story about him. So this kid escapes the retirement home and he's set out. He sets out to become a professional wrestler. And he's you know, there's this wrestler in the film Saltwater Redneck.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Let's go.
Speaker 1: We got to get the ship going. Bro drink, let's go waiting on you chaerish, Let's do it. Let's do a shot. Okay, I'm I'm man. Let's off.
Speaker 2: We can start quickly.
Speaker 1: You want to do that one?
Speaker 3: But no, everybody, they make this in a tub and kindle. You don't want none of that. Don't don't don't, don't. Don't drink of that before we get to that.
Speaker 1: Let me do you did you hear? Do you hear glow Whiler? Yeah? Glow?
Speaker 2: You heard that record? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Don't remind you of your record? Don't you got a record with with Boots? Rest in Peace?
Speaker 4: I got something for you guys By the way. Okay, I got Boot. Lola was my sister, Like she's.
Speaker 1: A great person. Yes, rest in Peace also was on Drink Chaps Listen, I got you okay.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, So Lola and I were so cool and Paul, but Lola like we were so like she talked to my mom like once a week.
Speaker 1: Wow type of ship, like we were family fans.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my girl, man, And I remember.
Speaker 4: You know, one of my first shows, I know, actually my very first like real gangster rap show was three six Mafia Mystical at the Atrium in nineteen ninety seven. Yeah, and uh in Atlanta, Georgia. And years later I would meet Boo and I don't remember. I think it might have been south By Southwest.
Speaker 1: That's what I measure actually really well. Boot.
Speaker 4: We became fast friends and ended up doing this song eminem we throw it up, Yeah, throw it. I put her on the record with Marshall, which fucked everybody up.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 1: That was a weird combination, but we didn't get it. It worked.
Speaker 4: It worked, but you know, we were ahead of it. We were ahead of the time with that shit. Like we called a real pocket during that project. That now it's like it is the pocket everybody's pocket. But rest in peace, Lola, and listen. I brought this my homeboy, John Newport fing I believe you know him.
Speaker 1: John Newport, he must smoke Newports. He gave me this, Lola awardless at the drink shit Holy ship.
Speaker 4: This was Lola's drink, rag Man. It was gifted to me as a good omen for the show, Oh, Lolas.
Speaker 1: Was And I want you to.
Speaker 3: I want you to check that record out because I almost it almost sounds identical to the two records. And I think that Glorilla was trying to big you up though. I think that's what that record is. But she just put it to her name though, you know what I'm saying. So check it out though, because it sounds very, very very similar. All right, we're gonna do the great Thomas Live.
Speaker 1: These flowers flowers, Well, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 3: You know, our show was about giving people their flowers while they hear. You know, so many people want to give people when they gone. We want to give you face to face man, the man tell you how great you better than the Grammy, So you know we wanted to get you. But if you're gonna do a great time time. I'm just doing a shot though. At least come on, you know we.
Speaker 1: Do quick are you guys? Are ready? Not ready?
Speaker 2: Jesus?
Speaker 1: All right, So just so you know, this is amazing man, thank you. When we when we make up.
Speaker 3: These games, it's the Dominican and the Columbia right here who comes up.
Speaker 1: With these questions. So if they horrible questions, just just just just yell at them. It's okay, it's okay. They're used to it, all right. Yes, we're taking a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: Let's let's because they're not ready yet. Okay, cool, thought he was ready. Okay, I'm going peach baby. All right, let me you know what I got the first question for a quick time. Yes, yes, I got the first question.
Speaker 2: Let's go and this.
Speaker 3: I'm so curious how you're gonna answer this morning?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Independent or major independent? I was wrong?
Speaker 2: How would you have thought anything else?
Speaker 1: Because I heard you waight up, waight up, wad up? Okay, huh all right, yeah, that's theF in jobs to the rules. I'll tell you. I'll tell you why you can't know why independent solo solo cheers, cheers, sello, cheers, fam y'all feel free to take shots. Shot glass, get a bottle.
Speaker 3: That's the O G drink Champs shot glass which one money, Yeah, that's the original.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's already said. All right, cool, So I'll tell you what I tell you why independent. Have y'all seen y'all seen ways world? Yeah, of course I've seen ways. Well, everybody's seen everybody all right. You know that scene.
Speaker 4: You know, they've got this crazy underground show. It's doing great, everybody loves it. Everybody respects that they signed to this big major and then they show up to the studio and it's all commercialized and they're looking at each other like, what the fuck? They changed their jingle, they changed everything. That's me in a nutshell. When I signed to Interscope from in the beginning.
Speaker 3: Because you was sign an Interscope direct right first. It was in school, Jimmy, Jimmy, Yeah, it was Geffen Geffen Interscope Wow.
Speaker 4: And uh, you know, I this was right off of Trump music when Pop the Trunk was like blowing the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Trump Hue was blowing.
Speaker 4: The fuck up, and I and I was out there just like destroying south By Southwest.
Speaker 1: Still no major record label deal, you know, And they flew.
Speaker 4: Me from in school, in school, Jimmy flew me from literally from the stage to the airport to his living room and signed, Well, I had turned down multiple deals before that personally, No, not going you know what I mean, like for real, Like I had a real moment with La Reid.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know that was real. Seriously I could I'll tell you about that.
Speaker 4: But but let me get to the point why it's important independent if you can, if you can maintain, we got to talk.
Speaker 1: The thing is hindsight's twenty twenty, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But the amount of control that you have as an artist, as an independent, you can't put a price on that. Creatively, that that's it. And people, I know, everybody like trips out about.
Speaker 1: Money, money, money, money, money, you know.
Speaker 4: Business, marketing, marketing, market None of that means shit. If you ain't got good music, and if you can't close the doors to everything else and get in a fucking studio and make a jam, you're running circles. You're putting the cart before the horse. The music comes first, and so protecting that is sacred. Now once you once you, once you enter the major label system, that's gone. Everybody's in the studio. Everybody wants an everybody wants a piece of this that when I when I got signed and then moved over to shady, are you kidding me? When they heard Eminem signed a white Boy, people went crazy. Everybody wanted a piece of that much. A lot of pressure on you, a lot of pressure to listen. But because I signed up, Yeah, see, you know what I'm saying. That's the difference between being independent. I ain't gonna answer to nobody, now, you know what I mean. I paid my dues, I did all my six albums. I fulfilled my contract with the major label system. I was so happy when I had the opportunity to go independent, right, and now you know, I released music when the fuck I want to. I make the music I want to. I make my art how I want to make my art visually? You know everything, you know, I ain't gotta wait. Like, here's the other part. You got a record, it is ready to come out, right, it's all primed up, it's mixed, mastered, the whole, the whole rollouts ready.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: See, but Kendrick's dropping his album, right man, you gotta wait, you know what I mean. But you all. Being on in Scope was like being on the Yankees.
Speaker 3: So it's personal enough for every artist, remember not even I mean, but every artists get to play if you want the Yankees, Like if you get that one album on in the school, that's a blessing. Bro.
Speaker 1: That was like that label could not lose man.
Speaker 4: Well, that's because Jimmy's and Jimmy I yes, Jimmyson artists at heart, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like this dude was amazing Jimmy. I mean for Fleetwood Mac, you know.
Speaker 2: What, Like he knows his ship.
Speaker 1: He's a legend in his all right. So like that that just goes along. But back to what you were saying.
Speaker 2: Ice Cube said something where he talking about like the Majors and in a conversation he said, it's music by committee, because that's what you're saying. There's too many people in the room, too many people in the studio kind of like I mean.
Speaker 1: When you're chasing a fucking hit, you're already fucking up.
Speaker 4: But if you walk into the studio and you're like, I'm making a hit today, Bro, you've already fucked up. You might as well go back home, go get some rest, watch a movie, get your mind out of that fucking space man.
Speaker 2: Guy who says I'm making the club record. I'm making this kind of record, this kind of record. What what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: Let's make a classic. Let's make that, make a classic. And if it's a hit, god bless you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Great, you know I do know this.
Speaker 4: Like, once you do catch a hit quote unquote, the next records are more palatable to people, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's why what that word means, it's like easier for them. That's a big word for me, like that, it's easier for them to like it.
Speaker 4: They're used to the tape, okay, okay, okay, so they're used to hearing your voice. So like that's why you have like these repeated hits from these artists, because the public gets so used to their voice, right, and that hit gets easier, like being programmed radio.
Speaker 1: Basically, we just had insane clown posse on here. That's what's up. Oh god, I got the craziest stories about the fucking.
Speaker 2: About the gathering Are you kidding me? Been to the gathering dog?
Speaker 1: Why do the gathering ship?
Speaker 2: I'll take another shot for that. I've done three of them. Motherfuckers. And let me tell you something. Those ships are something else. Man. I'm telling you should go. Everybody should go once.
Speaker 9: And it's when you always tell me to witness that I don't want to go as Norri though.
Speaker 2: I want to go, like as a hoodie. And and they're true true to like fans. I mean, it's there's wild people in the juggle littlemunity. You know, they're true fans. You know.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't go to south By Southwest is because I like my sneakers, like I've never.
Speaker 1: Left this peach okaye. You know, like you know I'm black. You know, we like to stick with we know, like the same exact thing.
Speaker 3: So you know what I'm just I'm sorry, man, So I'm scared of that ship. I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm gonna drink that off camera because take that shot later on later. Yeah, yes, yes, yes, thank you. It's okay, beautiful, you love this.
Speaker 1: Let me let me try to take one for the team. Goddamn it. It's great.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: He's making for liquors right now. He's on vodkas. Good, look at him.
Speaker 1: He's on vodka.
Speaker 3: Mama, want usually the beer the fruity stuff could funk with you though, the most.
Speaker 1: Drinkable whiskey that we make. Bro, this it's very good.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Oh it's good. Yeah, it's good. You don't say that. No good. I can smell it. I can smell it, can smell. So all right, we were like, all right, cool, we're talking about the Juggal the Juggals. You want to talking about my experience? Yeah, I would love to hear your experience.
Speaker 4: We're tapping off on the major independent thing. We're moving to the ju Yes, okay, yes, yes, I hate okay, listen, dude.
Speaker 3: Okay, so my love being called dude, call me dude all night. I wanted to be like in the cool frat people call me dude like that. I've been called to think of my whole life.
Speaker 2: It's just different.
Speaker 1: Like I like being called dude. Uh yeah, taking another shop of that. Yeah, it's take a little shop story.
Speaker 2: But you get you want to drink?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it. It's called the Juggalos.
Speaker 2: What's it called, Well, the gathering of the Juggal LODs is the festival, okay, jug the Juggles is the community.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, to the fans, okay, okay, so yeah, your experience.
Speaker 4: Uh So, my first trip to the Juggalo Fest, I draw, I drove my truck from Nashville because it's pretty close where they do it at their festival at So I pulled up backstage in my pickup truck, you know, and I but I had already got like I talked to Paul and he was like, hey, man, get ready, man, Like you know what I'm saying. He's like, back your truck in to behind the stage in case you got to get the fuck out, Like it's like it's like that.
Speaker 1: And I was like, all right, bet, and I did. So I drove my truck and I backed my truck up to the stairs where you walk up like my I could have jumped in my truck and got the fuck out if I needed to, you know. And okay, okay, this is another caveat I'm on Shady right and you know the beast in the story good.
Speaker 4: So, So I came up there like literally like literal soldier soldier mentality. I came out there to rep Shady. That was I was going hard and I wanted them to know immediately who I was with.
Speaker 1: Had you met people for that had you met in Seeing Clouds before that?
Speaker 5: Or no?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, we met backstage briefly, but that moment not before that event, okay, not before Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I walk out on stage first, you know, first time.
Speaker 4: Ever Shaddy records, Motherfucker Yello bof Chapish Billy, Let's fuck this ship up.
Speaker 1: And then bottle Rockets. They started throwing the bottle. They like, you hold on, they take the soda, the figure and they lost that ship.
Speaker 2: Now they do it. But but at first got to understand.
Speaker 4: That I hadn't even hit play on the first song, so I'm not all too sure that they liked me, yes, because all I knew was I look. I looked at DJ Clever, my DJ, and he goes, you motherfucker, like because I came in hot. So we but we want them over one song, two songs. But then they started like you're.
Speaker 1: Saying family, family, right, more bottle rock a little bottle rockets, And then I said, I bet you can't hit me, mother the fucker, and so I'm I'm dodging bottle rockets.
Speaker 4: I turned around in my DJ he's fucking dunking, and somebody throws a whole box of black cats on stage.
Speaker 1: Crackers, right, yeah, the firecrackers Black Cat fire crackers are like a whole pack, like a like a two hundred pack. Whoa something like a look serendipitous, serendipitous timing. Man.
Speaker 4: They threw it up and I was just about I had. I got a song called Capps Billy and it's real choppy, you know. Like so I'm like, right as it starts, it starts to pop.
Speaker 1: I'm like snapping over the.
Speaker 4: It's like going everything stop. Oh that was the best ship that connect It's like choreographed madness and so yeah, so needless to say, I didn't need to jump in my trunk and take off. Actually, after after I got stage, I went out in the crowd and walked around and shook hands and like broke down with everybody. And then like I think, I became like a like a crowd fade. They brought me back for a second year, but they started throwing more ship. The next year they threw they threw more ere.
Speaker 7: They threw mortarship mortars, bro what's more.
Speaker 2: Real mortar is a fucking bomb. But I don't know what kind of mortar.
Speaker 1: This is, dog Like, it's that ship you put in a big PBC pipe like it goes up like like the ship that they shoot up Atrendes like like this is I'm not going to this place. Yeah I ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: Walking the funk out yeah, so so bar like and then a bottle rocket like thank god I had on shades bro whoa but like bow right in ahead and it popped pop.
Speaker 1: That's foreman. But fuck man, they I would just if it was still lit, I'd throw it back, you know what I'm saying, Like like like I was just in it. I was like, you're not getting there. I'm not leaving, motherfucker. I'm here.
Speaker 4: You ain't right because I had heard they had heard people like like people like had like they had fucked people up, like.
Speaker 2: They're fucking each other up happily.
Speaker 1: And then he and they're paying the artist too, and some of these people launching.
Speaker 2: This but naked.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, so yeah, so survive, survive the mortars and ship. So that's the second time.
Speaker 4: That's the second time, third time, third time is the craziest, craziest dog the third time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so.
Speaker 4: Now I'm back, I'm I'm and I know because I know from the second time it got crazy. Earth than the first time that the third time it might really go ballistic.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was like, so I need to walk out.
Speaker 4: There and a hazmat suits or some ship, like this is how I go to How am I going to do this one?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I got an hour and fucking fifteen minutes to stand out here and and and figure this out.
Speaker 4: Dude, I walked out on stage. When I walk out here, my walking out first song, I feel like beastings all over my body, like like like like bees. It was like bees like stinging me, and but like I'm like trying to play it off, but I swore to God that I had got There was a swarm of bees like hitting me, but I kept I kept rocking, and then I and then I moved to the left and it stopped a little bit, and I was like, oh, they're they're hitting me with something.
Speaker 1: But I thought they were like throwing like tiny rocks or or some ship.
Speaker 4: And then it was like no, no, no, chicken wings And goddamn, somebody was throwing chicken wings over there.
Speaker 1: Hot dogs. I'm getting.
Speaker 4: Anything good, yo, like fucking like oh, and by the way, all that all that's going on, fucking two liters faygo bottle.
Speaker 1: Throwing up. But you know what I'm saying, I'm catching bottles. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's mad Max ship. It's mad Max Festial music music.
Speaker 1: So straight up though, So the whole show I'm getting pelted. So I start to figure out I gotta run to get away from these bees, like whatever the fuck is happening, I gotta get but the show must go on. One thing I do know, I can't leave. I can't leave the show. Bro. So after the show, it was that ship was so fucked up. It was the roidy show. Oh I'm stating.
Speaker 4: So finally I jump out my DJ got he he performs on top of the front of an old Chevrolet. It's illis fuck y'all love this ship. It's a crazy look. So i jump on the hood of the Chevy.
Speaker 1: And I'm standing you know for like you know, the peak of one of my records and.
Speaker 2: Fucking like huge.
Speaker 1: Wall, the balloon full of god knows what.
Speaker 3: Me and you know what because I stood still just long enough to get an aim on it.
Speaker 2: So anyway, bees bees bees.
Speaker 1: So after the after the show, I'm like, yo, man, what the fuck was It will be happening. They were just throwing someone ship out. No, no, it was actually be no listening to this ship. I'm risking this ship.
Speaker 4: There was about ten people with those high powered air rifles shooting plastic pellets at my going.
Speaker 1: Lighting my ass up the whole show.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting fucking fun, man, I'm I'm pelted up my fucking hey woo woo.
Speaker 1: And you stood there like a rockstar. Fuck you getting money back here? Think ship back?
Speaker 4: I love I love the Juggals, man, you know you know what? You know what it is really honestly, it's like you have ever seen that old footage of the Blues Brothers, whether they're traveling around, you perform behind a chicken wire.
Speaker 1: And if they like you, they'll throw bottles at you and ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's that same kind of ship as that old fucking ye I don't like that rowdy appreciate I mean, it's not it's a tough thing it is, but just like you know what, you sign up for it, and it's the fucking Jamaica. If they like you, they shoot in the air. I didn't like that either.
Speaker 3: The police. I get on the stage. The police said, hey, man, if they start looking shot, you're not move the police.
Speaker 8: What is this?
Speaker 3: And I got there, I did super duk what what what? And they start shooting. I'm looking at the police like, don't something. They're like they like you man, I'm not with none of this.
Speaker 1: The year that I went one of the years I went two times jugging jugger Nauts. I'm sorry. Rick Flair was hosting the main stage. We're about to go on with.
Speaker 2: Tech and I was managing made it and and I see Ric Flair run off the stage.
Speaker 1: He's like that ship.
Speaker 2: I heard, I heard they ran.
Speaker 1: Don't quote me on this, but I mean quote me on I don't care.
Speaker 4: I heard, uh they they did that ship to read a meth and they weren't having it. They they left there. They were eighty six. They dipped, and I mean, you know, you know it is what it is. I'm just like, look, dude, you can't. You can't be a white boy from Alabama covered in tattoos and fucking like doing hip hop and fucking like.
Speaker 1: You know, you gotta represent you know. So it's like we need you if you need you, we need you, we need you because but you know you get it.
Speaker 2: You know you know what you signed up for, man, But yeah, if you don't know going into it that that could surprise the.
Speaker 4: Fun ship that goes on like ship dude, Strange Music down. Rich Dude, Yeah you know that.
Speaker 1: You know that happened. You know how that happened with Rich and Strange Me, dude, So well he's still your ar. So no, no, no, So I pulled.
Speaker 4: I found Rich in Atlanta, Georgia, and he was from Gwenett County and I saw him randomly at some open mic and I was just like, the fuck, this dude's sick with it, and I put.
Speaker 2: Him on.
Speaker 4: Uh, the original the Box Chavy Part two on the original Trump Music didn't sign him, didn't have an endprint at the time, which I do now is American did not have that at the time. And and at the time, this was the crew at Tree Sound Studios Atlanta. Rich, Big Crit, myself and even Killer Mike and LP were running around. This is like the very very early early stages of what would what would become Run the Jewels. So we had like a crazy crew around there, and Tech was coming around, and Tech had put me on Worldwide Shoppers and I said, dude, I got your guy man, I got the guy for you. I said, this dude needs to be He's strange man, for sure. He fits every he checks all the boxes for what y'all got going on. And I and I can't sign him. And so there it was, so Rich Rich signed to Strange Music and you know rest is history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's dope and he's worked with Medea actually being there. We're on the Strange Music tip.
Speaker 2: I saw an interview big Okay, sorry you don't know. I saw interview did with Bootleg keV, and I was imagining, like I mentioned, the group may Day. They produced the song Fragile for Tech that had Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Can I take Let's go?
Speaker 2: Man? I know you said, but I want to hear it because we were all like, damn, that would have been dope.
Speaker 1: If you would have gone on the record. Take another shot. I just like the energy. Take another work. Just what are we doing? Whatever you got? Shot? Still bottle go.
Speaker 2: They trying to put one of those little things in it, those little candy that you brought. They try to put those candies you brought.
Speaker 1: You got you gotta leave my babies over here with me. No sipp water shots for you. That's the reason why but then he gonna think Candy is gonna go now. But I'm saying, you know, I just need just bring me to.
Speaker 2: Sal You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I got me all right, you know what cheers and what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Don't take it?
Speaker 1: So salute, Salute, drink Champs. So you know what we're talking about. The song.
Speaker 2: So may Day produced this record for Tech nine that feature Kendrick called frad It became.
Speaker 1: A huge record and it was rumored that you were supposed to be on it.
Speaker 2: Well that's a fact.
Speaker 1: So Tech hit me. Man the Tech hit me and he said, I got this record called Fragile.
Speaker 2: And I listened to the beat.
Speaker 4: I booked a studio in Nashville, true story, at Blackbird Studios Studio H. I know exactly where I was at Nashville, Tennessee. I had booked the whole time to go dedicate myself to record this verse. And I couldn't wrap my mind around feeling fragile. I just could not make myself.
Speaker 1: You can't bring yourself to that record of that wouldn't bring myself to write a verse.
Speaker 4: I couldn't make it make sense to me to talk about feeling fragile or being fragile about my music, which I am maybe you know what I'm saying. At the same time, fuck you, you know what I mean, Like there's that there was that part like.
Speaker 1: You like my ship. I mean, I don't give a fuck, you know, like fuck it. But then at the same time, you know someone's talks about your record, You're like, damn, you don't like me, dog.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like Texas in the record exactly. But some time I was just like in this very like militant mode. I had just recorded, like I was just out of love story moving into this other phase.
Speaker 10: And.
Speaker 4: And I didn't record it. And I was like, man, I just don't got it. Man, I don't know what's happening to it. I just don't have anything for this. And then Hendrick and the next thing, I fucking oh, they're on Saturday Night Live record and I was like, fuck, what an idiot should but shout out Kendrick and and and and tech Man. They've always showed me my entire career. I remember doing shows with Kendrick at like little college shows in Atlanta, Georgia, you know what I mean, and.
Speaker 1: Watching both of them just explode and you know it is.
Speaker 4: I've had some classic moments man, And matter of fact, this is a big shout out to Kendrick Lamore. I was in Hollywood on Sunset Boulevard on the sidewalk, just standing outside smoking a cigarette, having a drink, and there was this fucking parade coming down Sunset.
Speaker 1: There was a big stage on wheels right, and then I was like, oh, fuck Kendricks. Kendrick's doing a moving show. And then behind him were a bunch of people running like chasing you remember that I did this thing. Dog.
Speaker 4: He rides by in the middle of his set and looks left and what up like like shouted me out, like in the middle of his verse.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a moment, and like I was like, yo, it was like a moment.
Speaker 4: It was like it was just I couldn't It was so much respect, you know what I mean, likes something I'll never I'll never ever forget that man, Like he did not have to do that. It was just like it hit him, you know what I mean. And he in the middle of his set like what it was And I did not mean I was not there to watch, bro. I was like I had walked outside smoking a cigarette, like like next to Rainbow Room or some ship. You know, there's a genuine moment, genuine shout out Kendrick and shout out and shout out take Nne for always showing love and support. And man, I'm genuinely upset at myself. I didn't get on that record. Officially, I'm saying I fucked up. There's another record that I funked up and didn't get on.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it, Run the Jewels, which I had an opportunity to get on the Run the Jewels record, and I was in the middle of the recording, uh trunk music.
Speaker 4: I was starting to feel it. I can't believe you can't smoke cigarettes in there some bullship take a break.
Speaker 3: At one moment, looking at him, he's a cigarette smoker. He overdy agreeing with you.
Speaker 1: Cigarettes and good drink, good conversation. We got you got wet water. Yes, I had an opportunity to do a record with Killer and the LP, and I've been in an LP fan since death. Jucks, I've been on l P.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And you know.
Speaker 4: This whole why MC ship I've always thought was really corny, you know what I mean, Like, are you a good mc or not like oh he's a good white boy, like out of here, I'm better than you period, you know, like and you know, but I will say as a young artist, you know, being a white boy looking at other artists above me that were white. You know, LP was like my top top top you know that company flow Yeah, like deaf Chuck's like, you know, like I was like, this is how it's done. You know, we just slide in there. You don't say ship. You know, you don't mention who you are, you know, none of that. You know, other people put those labels on here.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's like all right, white boy cool, all right, well I'm gonna run with that. Then all Rednegg or you white boy Rednegg, Okay call me all right, it is what it is, you know what I mean. But I don't know where I'm going with this, but I fucking fuck.
Speaker 1: It, fuck it. Let's do you know?
Speaker 3: You know one thing before you get into quick Time of Slim, something that I admire about you is your relationships. Right I look at I look at you. You work with uh kid kid Rock.
Speaker 2: I'm just hold this.
Speaker 1: You imagine I've done that before.
Speaker 3: So you got kid Rock, Kid Rock, who kind of like has beef with Insane Clown Possey, but you're cool with Insane clm Possi and Kid Rock. And then you got Machine Gun Kelly, you got eminem But how do you kind of like maintain those relationships because like, artists are petty people, very pretty people, and if you taking a picture with some party, that the next person.
Speaker 1: How do you maintain these kind of relationships? Honestly?
Speaker 11: I I.
Speaker 4: Genuinely love my friends, right, you know what I'm saying, Like, if you're my boy, you're my boy for life. That's it. You know, I don't give a fuck about your fame. I don't give a fuck about your money. I don't care nothing about that, you know. Like add all, actually that's the most annoying part about it all. It's what we sign up for. But you know, a genuine hang, man, that's what it's. That's that's what it's about. I Mean, I know we rolled it, we're filming right now and everything, but this is a genuine hang to me. We're kicking it all right right, talking shout that's it, And that's all you really want.
Speaker 2: So when you make that connection with somebody.
Speaker 1: You know, you keep it.
Speaker 4: I've had friends, shit, man, my whole life. Man, my manager I've known since I was twelve years old. Alt Zilla AM seven Crew represents Zilla.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I am seven Graffiti Crew. Shout out will Power, you guys, Shout out will Power. Been rocking for will Power with will Poper over twenty years. Well, I drove him crazy when I was coming up. God damn, we got history.
Speaker 1: What is the blunt? It's an old school he put that little that little candy. It's a please please, I'll light it for you.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: I just did dtr Green Thumb would be d real.
Speaker 4: That's my boy. And uh yeah, dude, I got a record. I have an album. This has slept on album. So I'm I'm happy that I have this platform to even mention it. DJ Muggs and I did a record called Miles zero Okay, and it's all low fi hip hop like album, all produced by mugs, all mugs. There's not even there's not even many any hooks on this album. It's all MC shit shit and it just kind of slip slip.
Speaker 1: We don't know what year did this come out? What was Zio. August we did.
Speaker 4: We did this thing called August on Slot and I dropped four albums in one month.
Speaker 1: And huh it was twenty twenty one, twenty twenty one, Miles zero.
Speaker 4: But I got a song with wu be real on there. That's incredible. I did crazy Collaps. I got a song with Dela Funky Homo Sapien.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I put Dela Funky, Homo Sapien and DJ Paul on a record together. That must sound crazy. I can't even imagine that.
Speaker 2: The album's called Miles zero.
Speaker 1: Check it out, man, Yeah, shut out mugs, Yeah, shut out mugs. Literally, I'm gonna like this in honor of you, bro. I do not smoke. My mama smokes like a chiming. It's okay, it's okay, like it's a cigarette. But listen, literally for you.
Speaker 3: I looked at everybody that you guys that you walked in with, and everybody is tatted the funk up?
Speaker 1: Can I not be down with your gang?
Speaker 2: You don't got no tattoo.
Speaker 3: I don't got not one tattooers, I'm like you, you're naked.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know. I didn't think about.
Speaker 1: Him not having.
Speaker 2: Got no.
Speaker 1: Just keep it going come on this for me? You want this moke that ship here in mind, I can't smoke. You don't have to. You don't have to, you don't have to do it.
Speaker 2: You want.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say anybody. Yeah, I live that heroin here, Come get it. I smoke this ship. It can't go the way, No, no fucking way. I'll go crazy. Catch a fifty one fifty, you know, I caught it fifty one fifty smoking weed. I got to ask what a fifty one fifty is? What is that endangerment to self for other people? It's like a it's like a it's a police it's a police call. It's number wow. Yeah, man, say, we don't want a fifty one fifty. Nah, you don't want that. You don''t see me on that.
Speaker 3: Before we get to quick time with Slim, can I ask you something that I've been wanting to always.
Speaker 13: Asks, Yeah, ask me someone that says, dude, Yes, someone says, because I wanted to be a dude, dude, how do you start a marsh pit?
Speaker 7: A marsh pit or a marsh pit marsh you know, like that's just so cool to me, but how does it start? Nor It's marsh Pit. Mark here on out here on out this marsh pitch.
Speaker 1: Yo, you come to my show, but you were in the marsh pitch perfectly with cat a marsh Pit. I would like to go to what is it marsh pill? Okay, but.
Speaker 2: Some dirty.
Speaker 3: Man very serious like because I see like how I'm like, you know why I always wanted to do that ship like it.
Speaker 2: Ain't never been in the Mars.
Speaker 1: But no.
Speaker 2: Guarantee someone did a must fits a superdug for sure.
Speaker 14: One of your shows that's not feel like they didn't invite you mean you want to bro okay, so you have to show, you had to show you get you jump, how you start?
Speaker 1: How you well?
Speaker 4: I tell you my history of march pits is my first match pit I was ever in was Red Man at Lollapalooza.
Speaker 1: I was thirteen years old.
Speaker 4: I snuck into Lollapalooza and Tennessee and Redman had a side stage at that At that point Eastie Boys was on main stage. I think, uh uh uh, maybe Nirvana, your childhood was good, a great childhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure you're basing that on me being in a most fucking red Man. I told you.
Speaker 5: He was not.
Speaker 2: Evan.
Speaker 4: I snuck into the show at thirteen, he got a mostpit of red Man, your childhood was.
Speaker 1: A failure. Yes, I mean that too, well, but.
Speaker 2: Continue so you're in the marsh pity.
Speaker 1: I didn't know I was saying it wrong.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I had like an early experience of mosh pits and ship at a hip hop show.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, and that's a dope.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like rowdy ship. You know. I was that.
Speaker 4: I was. That's what it was, man, I was, you know, fucking that's what it was. That was the fun part. You know, you funck shit up. You go to go to the shows, function up. When I was at that show in nineteen ninety seven at the h Room with three six a mystical, I watched pit there too. You fun up those shows, you know, like that's that's that's the best part. It's like, you're this is your favorite group, You're seeing them live. Let's get let's right six You was like, because I remember it still is yo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, still is you?
Speaker 3: Because I was what's that first record that came up with Taylor Club Up? That was I mean the first national that was.
Speaker 2: One of the one of their first big records. Yeah, yeah, they had been doing but they didn't get to New York. But they'd done a lot of ship before that.
Speaker 1: Tear the club up. Are you sure before that, I had a lot of.
Speaker 2: Street ship on the street.
Speaker 1: That was their first big record. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 3: I did in New York when it got When that ship came, people were literally tearing the club up.
Speaker 1: So yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah dude, so so yeah, they like embodied the culture of what was happening around that and that's just what it was. You know, God, what a brilliant concept. Man, like the Masters of Evil.
Speaker 1: Man that that ship is like some Robert Johnson ship man pre six Mafia is They're the greatest bro.
Speaker 4: DJ Paul love you, man. He's a man and mentor mentor you know. Like again, still a big family. My mom got DJ Paul on her coffee table in a frame, you know what I mean, Like Paul's family, Dude, Like, man, that's my guy.
Speaker 1: One thing we established is your mother's a gangster.
Speaker 5: Ma.
Speaker 1: Mama is in this interview we don't get anything. Is your mama's a gangstang. She's the most gangster person we took a mom I've ever met let's go. I think we try to take a shop of Mamma.
Speaker 2: We haven't even known pick times.
Speaker 1: Lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did more drinking more than time.
Speaker 1: But we want to give you your flowers. We got to give you a flower.
Speaker 3: Did I noticed talking about keep going, keep going this whole interview, We give you a flowers.
Speaker 1: I ain't drinking over there, Come on, have a drink.
Speaker 2: Alright, hold on, so now we're gonna do quick explain. This is a drinking game we play. We give you two choices. You picked one.
Speaker 1: We were already playing.
Speaker 2: You picked one of the two. So it's like this first this, and you pick one. Nobody drinks. But if you say both or neither, we all drink.
Speaker 1: Got it? And then give us any stories? Not really, but it goes, you know, figure it out.
Speaker 2: You asked me a question.
Speaker 1: I answered, yeah, you go Eminemo, machine gun Kelly, how dare you? I told you? Who wakes the questions? Those guys that so you say both? Listen man, we would like to hear it. Here's here's the deal with that ship.
Speaker 4: Marshall Matters is my brother Marshall Matters coach man A way I could never ever, ever fucking repay him back for that. I love Marshall for the rest of my life. And I'm loyal to Shady and Marshall, period point blank. Machine Gun Kelly is my dog. That's my friend, period point blank. And I would never put myself on the block to choose one or the other.
Speaker 1: I got love and.
Speaker 4: Respect from Marshall and a whole different way, and I got a whole different relationship with Shady than I do.
Speaker 1: MGK MGK is my boy.
Speaker 2: Dude, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, but you know we're taking a show that's both, so so you're picking them the answers both, Yeah, drinking from take a shot? Yeah? If you say if you say one, drink yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. I went off the rails. If you say one. If you say one, we don't drink, you say both.
Speaker 2: I went off the That was good.
Speaker 1: I'm learning.
Speaker 2: That was perfect.
Speaker 3: That's a great answer to. By the way, now I need you got small shots because you do small shots. We're gonna be going through. And by the way, that was a great answer to.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 5: I like you that.
Speaker 1: Uh okay you ready? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Twenty one Savage or Kodak Black.
Speaker 1: Oh, both for sure. We won't be drinking. I said, we're going to be drinking for sure. Yeah, keep pouring. Yeah the other shot a cool? You ready? You gotta take a shot? Yeah yeah, stay with us.
Speaker 15: You can end the suffering. Just pick one, okay, I could, Oh way, you got it? I like this one, Kendrick or Drake. Kendrick fucking Lamar?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Are you a point blank? And can I say must respect to Drake? That them boys ain't no level playing fields, bro? Like you cannot you cannot fuck like Kendrick Lamar. Bro, that's top top, top tier MC ship, Like, are you kidding me? I heard about this shit that was happening, and I didn't even listen to, not one single thing nothing. I still have not heard one record from either side. All I did was hear about it, and I was like, what Kendrick and Drake, dog, come on, man, this is not even interesting? Like whatever, Kendrick Lamar, that was easy.
Speaker 2: Let's take a shot.
Speaker 1: When you pick? You picked?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Why you big quit, big krit that's my dog. I gotta go a big quit because a couple together I love.
Speaker 1: What wasn't your oldest freshman couple wasn't on that couple.
Speaker 2: What you.
Speaker 1: You're going back on me here, I got I gotta go a d d over here. Just you know we got drunk fast, Yeah, go ahead ahead, point is okay, big quit family. I love y g but obviously big crits. You know I'm sticking with the South. I respect you. I'm not sticking with the South. I'm sticking with my boy. Trying to make me read over here.
Speaker 2: My boy happened to be the next one resting piece of both mac Miller and Nipsey.
Speaker 1: What do you your criteria?
Speaker 2: What do you mean it could be? When's your best friend? One wasn't when made a good Hamburger? I don't know whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I went to another place. Okay, dark no, no, no, you said rest in peace to both, like like I can say, I know, I know that.
Speaker 2: Where did you go wrong?
Speaker 1: I thought you were asking me to say rest in peace to which one.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's fucked up, that's fucking fat, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: For I was like, no, that's not.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: Listen when mac Miller, mac Miller became my little brother, mac Miller and I never even did records together, and we stayed until it's called the regular. We understood each other so much as artists that we knew that like do and songs together, it may not be the best for each other's career.
Speaker 1: We were just so different, you know what I'm saying. But we also he would hit me up. Man, it's just so dope. I hit him up, man, new sh It's crazy, man. Love it came my little bro.
Speaker 4: When Mac Miller died, Bro, listen, man, I took every this is for real, for real. I took every fucking thing I owned out of my closet, all my clothes, all my shoes, all my pants, all my jewelry, all my hats, and I put them in front of it. I had a store in Nashville at the time, this was before cold put in the parking lot and I said, anyone who pulls.
Speaker 1: Up can get an outfit for free today.
Speaker 4: And I re upped my ship because I just felt like I needed to do something positive and let go of something.
Speaker 1: Mac was special, man. So that ship. I love Mac dude, and and our friendship is so much on the underground that it is so deeply personal, you know what I'm saying. So when he passed, I was really hurt. Dude for real, and he's such a gift man, such a gift.
Speaker 2: It seemed like he had a lot of those relationships thought of because he is that guy, He's that kid.
Speaker 1: I cried. I cried.
Speaker 3: I was overseas, I was in Europe because you know, he did an album with a real called Pink Slime, and you know, I don't want to say I invented the worst line, but I bring the worst line to the rap game. And I felt like like he was trying to tell me like that was like his homage to me. And I never got to say that publicly, and I never got to see what I saw when I seen him publicly. I never like was like yo, as a og, sometimes you want to talk to the youngins. You want to say, yo, you know what, maybe shouldn't be doing all that, you know what I mean? And I did it because I was just like I felt like he had it under control. So when I was overseas, I remember I was driving from like Germany to Paris or Paris to Germany either or and I got the news.
Speaker 1: I just read it and just start to cry, and it seemed like it was whoop, right there you go, He's on the way to Amsterdam.
Speaker 4: He was on the way to Amsterdam, and I was crazy, but you know, like we must have been all like, you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we never met.
Speaker 4: It's funny you meet people like never met me, but I know your soul though, like rock the bells and all the things that I've done.
Speaker 1: My dude, yes, my dude, but we did, did you? So you picked McMillan one? One last thing about that we did? Can I say one? Yeah? We got plenty of times.
Speaker 4: So this is this is funny. This is actually funny. We did the show and Aspen and uh, Mac and I when we played it, we played the same stage and we just happened to like come to the same state. We got booked by the same promoter or whatever. And Ell Madic comes on, uh no, its ematic comes on. We're stage. Mac runs to the stage and spits word for word, bar for bar, that whole that whole record, you know, like it was and I was and he was, dude, this dude's ten years younger than I am, you know what I mean, Like, and it was just like blown away by that. So I talked to him backstage and you know, we started got diving into hip hop and on how it happened for him and all that ship. And he was really really rising at the time, you know, and I was coming up, but not like he was. He was coming up on a different level. And we were flying back. We were flying back, and I was still riding coach and I was sitting in my coach seat and he was walking up to first.
Speaker 2: Class and he was like, yo, my bad.
Speaker 1: He was like, my bad, I'm going in first class. Like fuck you a bitching flying first class overseas. You know how expensive it is to fly overseas first class at the time. At the time, that was in fact coach to Russia together.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, up, fu, you don't want to wait?
Speaker 1: You wanted in that trip? They said Russians against racism. We was like, we may not belong to.
Speaker 2: Those are the promoters Russians against racism.
Speaker 1: I got the flying and coach trip. I got the flying and coach.
Speaker 4: You want a life hack, you want a life hack, you coach flyer? All right, listen, take a bag, put a full blown house pillow in your bag.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: If you got a bad check, check your bag, check it back, check it back. You get a carry on, right, yeah, carry on a pillow, put it in the bag, or if you want to carry it like round like like we need to pooh, or whatever you want to do. I put mine in my bags long, like an idiot with a pillow under my arm walking through the airport. When you fire coach window, seat right, window, sea, lay that fucking full sized pillow against the window, lean your seat back. It becomes first class, first class, first class, that light back.
Speaker 2: But listen before that, for years, before we leave the mac Miller and Nipsey thing.
Speaker 1: First of all, do you have a story about Nipsey?
Speaker 5: You have?
Speaker 1: I met Nipsey?
Speaker 2: No, I don't have any story.
Speaker 1: You never met him. No stories, I don't have any stories personally, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But they were both huge losses to the culture and meant so much and what they represented generationally for for was to be in hip hop.
Speaker 1: I think we lost a lot when we lost those course. Okay, Meek Mill or French Montana both? Okay, go on both take a shot taking a shot that sounded like it could have been one or the other. But okay, you got to see the shot, don't count Oh, share my bad cheer. We on you, you know what, because the fans will will be a lot of.
Speaker 2: Like you shot.
Speaker 4: These are all you know what's interesting? These are all straight hip hop references. Do you have anything else besides the country?
Speaker 1: I told you, Dominicans and Colias? What would you like? You want us to serve up something else? Guys, get on there. No, no, no, it's fine. Ask me whatever. I'm I'm good with. I was just I'm just Oh he follows me, I follow him. Jelly Roller, who Lady Gaga, Jelly Ro, Jelly Rose, Still hip hop?
Speaker 3: I feel I feel like he's still hip I feel you say still hip hop?
Speaker 1: I feel like he.
Speaker 3: Still to you to how you feel like that term that you were saying earlier country hip hop? I feel like that's gonna turn into a whole genre of music. But has Jelly Road right now, that's not hip hop, that's not hip hop.
Speaker 1: But he comes from hip hop. You of course he does what he's making right now, come on that that ain't here.
Speaker 4: But like Jelly knows that he's a singer songwriter, he's making country music, and he's or.
Speaker 3: Pop music record in the world right now. His country, right bro, his country is rock. Everybody in the club getting tipsy. That's the that's a country record now know yeah name Chippoosie. Yeah, get the number one record. Shipboozy, Shipboozy.
Speaker 1: I shout out to Shipboozy once. I I don't love disrespect you like I got you, got you. That's my boy. He's a country singer and he's black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: The rosa parks of country music.
Speaker 2: That make me.
Speaker 1: Went to far? Now you never heard of that. That's I went too far. I went too far. I went They can tell me I went too far.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what I was doing. Shaboozie is as like Shaboozi is is a blessing to music right now.
Speaker 4: And like living in Nashville, the country music scene is a bit. No, it's not stale, it's it's it's it's evolving and there's you know, there's great characters that are stepping into the game. And I would say Shaboozie and Jelly Row are crucial to the to the country.
Speaker 1: Music right the evolution of country music. Yeah, and Jelly Row won the award.
Speaker 2: He's killing it.
Speaker 1: He's plural, I mean, keeps doing is winning right now.
Speaker 2: He's just winning.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. And he used to open for me, man, Yeah, I used to. I used to take him on tour.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He's got Slamerican tattooed down his arm, you know what I mean? Like, that's that's family, bro. Like we come from the same neighborhood. Man, So shout out to jail ro Man and Struggle Jennings.
Speaker 1: Let's get champs.
Speaker 2: Huh oh, you would love that.
Speaker 1: He's a drinker to come on and he smokes. He smokes like a chimney.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I wish I could smoke, man, marijuana.
Speaker 2: You could take a break and smoke outside.
Speaker 1: Up. Man, we're gonna break up there, like you give me, give me, let me be the first. You know, it's not us. I promise you. It's gonna fucking safe ship. You got we smoked, you got all this management hold. Let's get you this and over there lady smoked my sme eight balls. I'm thinking, I'm just oh wait, wait, wait, wh whoa whoa you You're not okay? This better?
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't know who you got behind a ball, but it's a good matchup.
Speaker 1: Or U g K, that's a great matchup. You see. I want to drink, Let's go. Oh man u g K listen, figure you want to said no, no, because I have a record.
Speaker 4: I got a record with eight Ball, you know what I'm saying. I got a record with a Boy, m G and Waka Flaka Wow, and I love them boys of course. But Bumby was my first co sign. But Bumby came in on Good to Go and one of my first official Coast signs. It was Bumby and then Big Boy from out Cast. But Bumby stepped in when you know, no one knew and and and really really went in. And then after after the fact that I did records with with with a Ball, m j G and Rest in Peace PEMC. I did get to meet PIMPC before he passed, and I was with Kawan Prayther, thank you Kawan for that introduction Ghetto Vision and Los Angeles before he passed. A huge PEMPS fan, so uh PIMC fans, So you GK.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Gilla said swab House, by the way, it's a huge influence. So the whole swab House sign out of Texas was was a huge influence on me musically, Tila, I'm so tired up about.
Speaker 1: Because there's too many pictures in my mix.
Speaker 2: You never.
Speaker 4: Like they're like, come on, make that round. That whole sound was fucking come on. Okay, wow House maybe Texas blow will Swang?
Speaker 1: What up? Paul Wall? What up? Trader Truth? Okay?
Speaker 3: My brothers three six Mafia outcasts?
Speaker 1: Wow? You know you don't have to pick, man, No, no, no, no, no, no, no, you have to Sorry.
Speaker 4: I do have to pick, and I will say absolutely both, because they were both.
Speaker 1: Picking take it up or both?
Speaker 3: That's not a pick, but I got to pick whatever you want drink? Say both both. We gotta drink.
Speaker 1: Drink drinks three six Mafia both and simultaneously. You want to explain my life? Hell yeah, I explain man, So let's go.
Speaker 2: I do. This is why I do.
Speaker 1: I like the more he drinks drinks, the more, the more funny. Well, I mean, don't we all?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I was. I've been warming up for this show all week.
Speaker 2: What's the warm up for the show?
Speaker 1: How do you want up for this show?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the clip right here? Why do you warm up for? Drink? Chests?
Speaker 4: Five Days at the Sunset Marquee, Los Angeles, California, mixed with a little bit of Broadway, Nashville, Tennessee, Roberts Dive Bar, D's shout out fucking furnet shots.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean trying to uh, you know, I was prepping you can't even wrong a dive and I drank a lot of chests at the dive bars. What I always want to hang out.
Speaker 2: I think we're all confused right now. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We were at Outcast and you said both, yeah, we already gans at that. Both in the story they both, man, it's crazy. Well influenced me.
Speaker 4: And also, you know, big Boy gave me my first look on television ET Awards, your DJ no DJ And at the time, I did.
Speaker 2: A song.
Speaker 4: With Slim Thug called I Run, I Run, so like Jim Johnson pulled me in and became a big record, but I was.
Speaker 1: Well, I was. It became a huge record for some thug, but I was so on the ground I couldn't even afford to make the video. So Jim Johnson like lip sync my part, you know what I'm saying, and.
Speaker 4: During the video, but the word got around that there was this dude doing rock hooks. So then I did Joel Santana mixing up the medicine, mixing up the medicine. I was in the baseman mixing up the medicine. So I did that, which was uh, Subterranean Blues by Bob Dylan. So then Big Boy hits me up because now he wants a rock cook because now this ship.
Speaker 1: You're theok at this time.
Speaker 3: At the time, yeah, he was Joe Hooker before.
Speaker 1: Trying to make it.
Speaker 4: So so the situation, the session opened up to work with Big and and he was like, man, man, I got work out one of these rod hooks.
Speaker 1: And I was like, man, really, I just want to rap. I just want to rap. And nobody hadn't really heard you rap much, okay.
Speaker 2: No, and he was like.
Speaker 1: Rap. I was like yeah, man. And Kate kp was there with me though.
Speaker 4: Kawan Pray through who I signed, you know, signed, helped sign outcast Pink John Legend, and he was like, nah, he's got it, dog, I'm telling you. And Big Boy was like, started playing me beats. He's still questionable. He turned on the your DJ no DJ beat and I was like that one. He's like, now shot at three thousand produced that one.
Speaker 2: You can't have that one. And I was like, please just give me a chance.
Speaker 4: He was like, she was like all right, bro, So he gave me the beat and I handed him back like sixty four bars.
Speaker 2: I just swear just to the whole thing.
Speaker 4: So he ended up chopping my pieces and then he would he chopped his pieces, in chopped my pieces, in chopped his pieces in created a song out of one long verse that I turned in Wow. And then that song, that song ended up doing really well. We shot a music video to it, and then my first look b ET Awards was on stage with Big.
Speaker 1: Boy Wow Man make noise for that. That was an explanation like a motherfucker rocking Hank Williams T shirt Williams, Tupac or DMX rest in pieces of both. Don't get confused Tupac Okay, that's cool. Ludacris or TI I T I, Gucci Man or two chains, Guccie Man, Oh yeah, Gucci Man, Yeah, Gucci Man. I got a story, dude, Do you know what's funny? Okay?
Speaker 4: I got every time you ask you this one that I have, I have a yeah, I mean whatever, like you can back up three times. I got I got relationships with everyone you're talking.
Speaker 1: You're about to get a Gucci man story. Yeah, let's let's talk about.
Speaker 2: It all right.
Speaker 4: So when I was working in Atlanta and she was about to pop, I had met Gucci and Waka at a at a studio. Dude, I mean, this is fuck man. I want to say ten twelve years ago, maybe more, I don't know, it's a while back. Gucci was already super popping, you know what I mean, super super popping. And the opportunity came up to work with Gucci and so will Power will Power, and now I went to the studio what was it? What studio was that? Will No, it wasn't a tree sound.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Patchwork, absolutely patchwork. So k people pulled put Gucci in for a feature. And at this time, I, you know, I met Gucci, but I didn't really I didn't really like kick it and kick it with him. And we wrote this record call I Just Want.
Speaker 1: To Party and Gucci slayed it, and we were sitting on this like what we was like gold, you.
Speaker 4: Know, We're like this is this this record is incredible, but how are we going.
Speaker 1: To do this?
Speaker 4: So right around the street from Patchwork is like pretty much like all squat, like old abandoned fraternity houses and skateboard houses and all this shit. I was like, man, we should shoot a video up the street, and I got some spots, so we rented the spot out and Gucci pulled up. Man, we talked about some goons out there, like like, I'm sorry from my side.
Speaker 1: Ain't talking about Gucci, So I'm talking about the goons I came with, you know, like like rowdy punk rock motherfuckers. Like we're out there in the yard with kegs of beer, and like I like kegs a bit too.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Gucci pulled up.
Speaker 4: In a like fucking bright yellow limbo, dripped in diamonds, and man, he showed so much love to me and my crew, and like you got to remember I was just coming up.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't have ship nothing.
Speaker 4: I probably had like ten bands in the bank, you know if that, you know, and like, but he saw no difference.
Speaker 1: Man, he showed love and supported so like, shout out to Gucci. That's my mother like a dog Gucci, mane, I just want to party legendary versus so you pick Gucci. Yeah, okay, So trying to make sure just to make sure kid rock or ic P. That's interesting.
Speaker 4: That's I'm gonna take Bob I'm gonna take Bob over icy P.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry who everybody but you call everybody?
Speaker 3: They first too cool man, But Bob is kid Rock's real name, Bobby Boy.
Speaker 1: Rock Man.
Speaker 4: I take kid Rock get me. Uh, they tell you when Marshall took me the Kid Rock's house. Let me tell you this is hilarious.
Speaker 3: So you just let.
Speaker 1: But listen. When I was in Detroit, Marshall goes.
Speaker 4: Yo, is there is there anyone you really really want to work with at all on this on this new record? And I was like, well, I mean, ship, Honestly, Kid Rock would be sick, you know because I because I consider kid Rock the the godfather of blending hip hop with country and rock.
Speaker 1: Like I think he did it the best. Okay you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I really, you know, regardless of the lyrical content ability. He wrote huge songs and he blended it all together, you know, like I mean.
Speaker 1: To all of my He was at the Methadone clinics. You know that kind of that kind of line is like with me, is like, oh it is Motherbucket. So I was like, yeah, I like to work for Bob.
Speaker 4: And uh you told Bob, Huh you told Mark, I said, kid Rock, now know Bob?
Speaker 2: Now like I know Bob. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But so he takes me out, so he's like all right.
Speaker 4: So so Paul Rosenberg and Marshall jumping a car in front of us and me and KP we're following up to Bob's house. You know you're going to Kate rox house you know? Okay, yeah, yeah, so surprised. No, I'm going to meet him because I want to do a song with him.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 1: So the way for that to happen is for me to meet him via Marshall. Wow.
Speaker 2: So we pull up to his Creative Mafia meeting ship.
Speaker 1: I'm so into this. Continue Yeah. So we pull up and there's a fucking I remember like pulling up.
Speaker 4: It's gated and it's way deep North Detroit, like like beautiful estate. It's not a huge mansion actually, it's like a little white like little cottage, but it's beautiful. It's like everything's very well kept, and uh, Bob.
Speaker 1: Bob pulls up to the fucking gate in a generally golf cart, Duke's and hazard generally he was.
Speaker 3: Going to do.
Speaker 1: But how is it generally? Is it it's a shaped like it generally golf cart. You know, come on put two and two together.
Speaker 11: Bro.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to whatever, but look the fast no, okay, you confederate it out fast, Okay, Okay. So I pull up and like we we pull up, We pull up to the spot. He's got a big ass fucking like silver war cannon in front of in his front yard with like with like big damn like round. I don't know what the cannonballs. It was like a pyramid of cannon balls next to it, like like in front of his front door. In case.
Speaker 4: You never know, listen, man, I walk in his house and this fool got a giraffe giraffe neck like just a a neck, a floor mounted giraffe, you know, from the neck up.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, you know no, I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is something we've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of this. There's all kinds of these beautiful fucking things that are I've never seen anything like this in my life, dude. Now, I was brand new, bro, I just signed bro.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I'm coming straight, Dude.
Speaker 4: I was boiling water for a hot bath when I did Trump music type ship, you know. So I'm like fucking like blowing. I'm like blown away. So these guys start talking Bob and Marshall and uh so Bob, I see by I see marsh out there with Bob, like get you know, they're doing the whole fucking you know, and fucking Bob's fucking grilling steaks like all right, smoking a cigar, fucking doing doing all this thing. And uh ended up they made an agreement that that that the collaboration would happen there.
Speaker 2: But it took me going to the house and meeting him.
Speaker 1: By the way, I played I played around of basketball with Eminem. He's telling them Eminem. Now, okay, dude, he's a baller.
Speaker 3: Bro. I'm gonna be honest with you. To me, I think everyone, let let's Eminem win.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, I did. Okay, So that's not what happened. So he called him Eminem and he start talking about basketball. Weird, that's not anymore. I don't play basket. That's basketball. Ain't my thing, you know, but it is it is his thing, all right?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 1: So no, so yo.
Speaker 2: So maybe he's not that good, you're that bad.
Speaker 1: Maybe here's the thing, Bob. Bob's got a basketball court on his property. And a studio by the way, with like old like signed jam Master j turntables and like the craziest rock and roll memorabilia you could think of it. He got on deir Heads too, right, he got coming, he got at the beginning. Everything else that's just crazy. He's got his basketball court and Marshall wants to play basketball with me. Basketball, whatever it takes for the feature. Let's go.
Speaker 11: Ro wants to see sal set you up. That's what it sounds like. It's up as to me on a full outdoor basketball court. Right, there's a lot of space.
Speaker 1: Paul Rosenberg is sitting there with a cigar, like halfway reading.
Speaker 4: His phone and maybe some papers. I don't know, But he didn't care what was happening. He was just fucking looking at some ship. This is some ship, I guess.
Speaker 1: You know, Marshall plays a lot of basketball. He used to this ship. So it's me and Eminem and you know what I'm saying we're doing. It's barbecue and Marshall. But Bob's over there making steaks, drinking and ship.
Speaker 12: This sounds like the weirdest and where I'm on a wrong one with Marshall And you know I just signed this ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, saying, fucking man, I don't really want to fuck up you don't want to break his ankles. But he went up for a shot.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: I read him like a book. And when I went up and fucking the smagg it, I missed the ball. Wow.
Speaker 12: I elbowed him right in the head. Oh, swear to god, It's like, it's it's cool, it's cool. It's like I was like, hey, man, you cool, he said, recoping. He was already up like ten points. I didn't have ship anyway, and he.
Speaker 1: Goes Paul you seeing this, And Paul wouldn't even look. He was like, yeah, shit, fucking fucking stumpy and basketball. But yeah, man, hitting him in the head. That was not that was. That was. It was a very awkward moment, man, very I felt bad. Sorry, I'm sorry, Marsha talk about that still woman. Jadakiss or NOAs Jadakiss or nos h are you kidding?
Speaker 4: I'm mean, like, I love Jadakiss, but that's that's like, that's like comparing Metallica to like Iron No, that's no.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna I'm gonna say nas and I love Jadakiss, but I gotta go nos Nos. Just you know that that's a different level of influence Metallica's to who I don't. I just I just think that they're they're they're just I think Jadakiss and Nas are are on different spectrum.
Speaker 3: And it's and it's Jadakis friend who writes this ship. That is he has Jadakis phone kiss. You want to put him against Nas and Jadakiss text.
Speaker 1: Conversation. It's not this at all. No, I know, it's not just like it's just it's it's it's a strange like, uh, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious who you put Metallica against a point me to I was just likeaa so good poison against color me bad. I mean, let's put in the same genre.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I would say Nas, I know, I would say Nas uh Bob Dylan, and I would say Jada kiss Beatles.
Speaker 16: Oh that was great, that was great. You can't yeah, yes, yeah, you were. You were meant to do this ship all right. Oh mystical, mystical and.
Speaker 4: Had a lot of influence on me, you know what I mean, like all the No Limit family, but but mystical, mystical, because well, I mean, who has it from my era of chopping and like like like vocal.
Speaker 1: Nuances and things that I have like learned from him. And he featured on my my first my freshman.
Speaker 4: Project, Yeah, mystical all ice Cube scoff face ice Cube only because I ice Cube was one of the one of the first start records that I memorized front to backward for word which today was a good day.
Speaker 1: Who let me see if you still know it? Just waking up in the morning. Gotta thank God. I don't know, but the day seems kind of a no bucket from the doll, no snog and mamaick the breakfast with no hog. I got my girl, but I finally got a call from a girl I want to dig out hooked it up for lady. That was I hit the doe, thinking will I live another twenty four? I gotta go because I got me your drop top and if I hit that switch, I can make that ass drop had to stop from a red light looking in the mirror.
Speaker 4: Now jack insight and all right, I gotta beat from Kim and she can do it all night. Called up my homies in a masking. Y'all, y'all, are y'all playing basketball? Give me on the court and I trouble last week.
Speaker 3: Fuck around, I got a freaking brothers every day, Like I can't believe today, it was.
Speaker 1: That's what makes you specially though, that's what the fact that I know you, you know.
Speaker 2: Your hip hop, I know it like like the lyric co on line that that's that's I think that that's the cut.
Speaker 1: Oh me damn id like I said the story fifteen, But it goes with what you're saying about him.
Speaker 3: Yes, Leo told me one day, Leo is my one of my favorite ceo. I lovely or I don't want to say my favorite white CEO because I think that's unfair.
Speaker 1: It's unfair, like you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, Like this shouldn't be my favorite white ceo. My favorite black CEOs should be just my favorite CEO. And that's how I look at I don't say that no more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean that's that's but that's my favorite CEO.
Speaker 3: So Leo came to me one day. And usually CEOs tell you when you meet, well set the like you'll get the record. I had a record. I had a record with Jah Rule right and according to what Leo called it, you just got signed to death.
Speaker 1: Jam just got signed of Dead jam Win the first record.
Speaker 3: We really shot the video and he called my video, he said, this is popcorn.
Speaker 1: Hurt my feelings. Oh man, let me get you this scenario. So there's a reason why we're saying okay. So he comes to me.
Speaker 3: Most CEOs say don't bring nobody to the meeting, but he for this reason, he said, bring all of your friends whoever you bring them all.
Speaker 1: So my dumb ass brings them all.
Speaker 3: And we're going into the meeting and he uh, he says to me, he plays the videos me and jo Rule, I mean Ferraris, I'm doing all this crazy shit that that's not what he signed me for. He signed me to be you know, the Warrport Norri which is Worryport was just turned twenty seven years.
Speaker 2: Seven years of Warriport yesterday.
Speaker 3: So he says, he says to me, we watch it and he goes, this is popcorn. And I never knew that popcorn could be bad. I always thought popcorn was a good thing.
Speaker 1: And it's first time I was like word popcorn.
Speaker 3: And he stood in the meeting in front of all of my you know, you know friends that were looks very scary, you know, and he didn't care and he said, if I cut you right now, what would you bleed?
Speaker 1: I was like blood.
Speaker 3: Then he said, well asking me this question. So I said, lee off, I cut you right now, what would you bleed? And he goes, I would bleed rue DMC sucker m C yeah. He said, now, norriy, I'm going to ask you one more time. If I cut you, what would you bleed? I said, I bleed, super dog. He said exactly. Pharrell is on the way to go see for real and I've made a record call Homeboy.
Speaker 1: I came to party.
Speaker 3: And if it wasn't because of that, it's because he dissed me to my face. And what he's trying to say is it's in you. Like I want to ask you that question, if I cut you right now, what would you bleed? And don't say blood, it's the wrong answer. I believe rock and roll rock and roll. I believe rock and roll for long. Everything that I do is rock and roll. Even the hip hop I make is rock and roll. The lifestyle I live is rock and roll.
Speaker 2: But you don't mean it. You don't mean it musically, you mean it as as a hip like rock and roll. It's all counterculture. It's all alter.
Speaker 4: It's not like, hey, oh you're a rock star now, man, Like I grew up around rock and roll.
Speaker 1: I know what rock and roll is. And if you cut me open, which song would you bleed? What song would I what song would I believe? Rock and roll?
Speaker 4: Whatever song you want to pick, I would pick how I would pick highway Man by the Highwayman, Johnny Cash, Chris Christophers and Willie Nelson.
Speaker 2: I want to smoke with will and Nelson and Waylon Jennings.
Speaker 4: I would take that one song called a Highwayman and that that would be the song you hear about me.
Speaker 17: Go let's take the shop of that are weak? Love that song and shout out. Shout out to my shout out I got okay, shout out to my brother.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my brother Shooter Jennings, who is related Wayland jennings Son.
Speaker 2: Literally that was.
Speaker 1: What the like. You know, I'm I'm a little you know, crazy, but we having fun though it.
Speaker 2: All right? Alabama or Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Come on, homie. I love God damn Bama. I like Bama all right.
Speaker 2: I love Atlanta though I love Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Rest in peace, grib applies speaker fox Man. Rest in peace. Lenny's Bar, Atlanta, Georgia. Man, Yes, sir, favorite restaurant in Atlanta spawned divids. I knew he was gonna says.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm totally connected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm totally connected. I know he's gonna say, I swelt have gone.
Speaker 1: I wish restaurant is the Layman's and don't know it's it's a seafood restaurant. It's like almost it is seafood y'all. It is, yes, yes it is.
Speaker 3: But it's like, for some reason, swan divis game, your aura set, Swanda, this person is not even on the thing.
Speaker 1: It wasn't he's not even because they don't bail. And then that that was the question.
Speaker 2: It was it was your.
Speaker 1: There's another spot in Atlanta called Smith's Old Bar, and even that one, okay, well there's it's the only is the only restaurant bar in Atlanta that that celebrates Alabama culture.
Speaker 4: So they host all the Alabama games, they host their whole menu is from Alabama, and so and and I came up playing there.
Speaker 1: So shout out to the Smith's Old Bar as well. Yeah, okay, podcast of radio, No, we did do what's coffee?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did Bro, We did podcast, podcast, podcast for sure.
Speaker 1: Radios? What the fuck is radio?
Speaker 4: I don't know what the radio every day? I mean, I really don't. I I maybe fucking shoot myself on the foot, you know what I mean, But I really don't. I never gave a fuck anyway. I've never had any real uh radio presence.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: My success comes from the gutter, dude, Like it's all.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, absolutely, but it took work, you know what I mean, like three tours across America in advance, getting three hundred dollars a night to open up a Whiskalief or Ray Kwan and Harlem, you know what I mean, ship like put it in work or making no money at all, right, you know. So like anyway, so I take a lot of pride on the fans that have that we built up over the years. And I mean I do see the effect of radio because when I see it happen to Jelly Roll or like Morgan Wallen or Drake or Rihanna, these these you know, these these these people with these radio hits, I'm like, I just don't understand the club, you know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know that I got records that could fit in the line.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I like this ship because it's you know, this is like really, it's thank you.
Speaker 1: It's unhinged. It's unhinged. There's no editing. We don't edit.
Speaker 2: Just get the funk down.
Speaker 1: Unless there's some crazy shit it said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but all right, cool, Now this is the last one for quick timea slim and then we're gonna go back into the interview.
Speaker 1: Loyalty or respect. Loyalty, don't break it down.
Speaker 4: I would rather someone be loyal and hold me down then to have respect for me. I don't really care if you like me or not. If if you could, if if you could, at least give me the piece of being loyal and keeping it real with me to my face, that's more important, you know, Like you know, respect is a subjective.
Speaker 1: Loyalty is concrete. I'm gonna take a shot for that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: We ain't spposed to take a shot, as you picked, take a shot. I'm taking a shot shot, Jamie. Pa know how many people claim look at social media, give me, give me one of them, give me one of his shots.
Speaker 1: Look at social I'm gonna take one of his. Yeah, the peach Man the peach is good man, the peach. That's the peach. We're going, got, We're going yeah, hold on, let me get a shot.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, ain't gonna be chilled. None of that's gonna be thinking about solo follow us?
Speaker 1: You or people are people? What people die.
Speaker 4: Chasing respect respect that they would never get in the first place. And what respect are you looking for anyway? I don't understand it. I don't understand, Like what at what capacity? Is it three hundred and sixty degree respect of everything you do? Or is it I just respect you because you're funny, and but I don't respect how you handle your family.
Speaker 2: I don't respect you, know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And how you perceive respect of different every dingy exactly. It's subjective. Loyal is like that's my dude, right, And if I got a problem with my dude.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna talk to my dude. I ain't gonna talk to everybody else about it. I'm your dude, and I.
Speaker 1: Got it my You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: My boys, I handle I handle things like here like like this is bullshit, nah, homie, pull up right problem?
Speaker 1: Pull up? Yeah? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And that that's that's loyal and that's that's just I like to handle things like that, you know, like social media ruined.
Speaker 1: Respect got nothing to do with water, and it ain't. It's water from disrespect.
Speaker 3: It's a fire, yo, you because you want to seventeen different chest is on fire.
Speaker 5: No, the.
Speaker 1: That we you're smoking the.
Speaker 3: Amazing This whole night, I've been trying to read with your hat sets.
Speaker 4: But also Harley Davis and had Old Ventures dogs right and show yeahs is like Lizzie's.
Speaker 2: No yeah, I thought I was talking about cop pigs.
Speaker 1: My bad. You know, I'm green. I'm green. It's all good. I grew up on bikes, man, But I like benures clothing like I like this old painters that I picked up. These overalls is from the forties. Old milk delivery man from it looked like it from Maine, like yeah, like the bottled milk joints and change just getting it, man, what do you buy that from? I just got just That's what I do. Man. If I put up in the city, man, I'm trying to go find some old vintage. Have you gone somewhere here?
Speaker 2: What he said? He said, he goes to a state sales states state.
Speaker 1: Said, you know, furniture and ship. No, no, he got he grabbed. Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't want say old ladies, but it is.
Speaker 4: That's what it is, cold ladies, jewelry custom Yeah yeah, nah, I like I like, yeah, that's like oh oh, I'll go to Tiffany's ring for one hundred thoughts.
Speaker 2: Man, fuck all that ship.
Speaker 1: I like like old like like picks that are like I get something out of it too. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to give you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to come up.
Speaker 2: And know the thing is, Yeah, Kathy was definitely, I mean according to it.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to come up. I'm coming up like you know, hustlers man ship.
Speaker 3: Do you ever think that it's gonna be a time where country rock and roll and hip hop it's gonna all merge. I think that guy's name is yellow Wolf.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it is.
Speaker 2: I think it is too, and I think it happened.
Speaker 4: I think it happened in nineteen seventy motherfucking nine, but gas in Alabama, right. You know what I'm saying at the Baptist Hospital, Sheila, Diane.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I came down here to do that of everything, and that's what I've done, period, point blank.
Speaker 1: This is the as far as that, as far as that's concern, roid, I am the tip of the pyramid period and uh and I and I say that respectfully for anyone who would say any different, do you research? You know it's all there.
Speaker 4: And also you know, not to mention the classic country hip hop ship that I've done with like why not a Judd?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'll go on to say, like you know, you know, going going to.
Speaker 4: With my blessings of Shooter Jennings and Jesse Coulter, going to see the Highwayman and meeting Chris Kristofferson and William Nilson and having those blessings in those moments with the country music, being on stage with Dwhite yoakum in Alabama when I was five years old at the June Jam at Fort Payne, Alabama, to run DMC walking through my motherfucking door when I was seven years old, all right, and you know, all the way up into rock and roll, whether it was Aerosmith and and then or Aerosmith or Ted Newsen or any of those guys, all all all those pieces of the puzzle formulated me into an artist. And the reason I take pride and and and feeling and knowing.
Speaker 1: That on the tip of the pyramid is because of how long it took me to learn how to blend those styles and to be that person. And like I said, I think kid Rock is the og to the beginning of it. Right.
Speaker 4: But let's be real, Bob didn't listen to Howard glyphics, you know what I'm saying. Like, Bob wasn't listening to Bush Babies and DJs, S and S tapes and shopping fat beats and ship.
Speaker 1: But Kim Rock did come up, like he toured with Too Short, No, I know, like that. He came up in an era too Yeah, but it was a different era, yeah, the faith. It was a different era of did it makes sense? But he had it. It's a different era of lyricism for sure.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm like after outcasts, I'm after hieroglyphics, I'm after you know, I'm after nas, I'm after.
Speaker 1: The there's a certain there was a certain lift but into the culture. I don't take nothing from you.
Speaker 2: Did something else though, and I listen. I listened to an interview did with shout out to Justin Hunt from.
Speaker 1: Company Maker's move into Rock or Country.
Speaker 2: I'll just say that.
Speaker 1: Listen, so you're done.
Speaker 2: You did an interview with the company man and you you mentioned that you did street Team ship because I did Street Team Ship, and that does a lot for you to learn this, this industry from the grind, from the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah did you what did you?
Speaker 2: Who did you do?
Speaker 1: Streets so so and ninety ninety nine?
Speaker 2: I was working for Uh, you'll love this.
Speaker 4: NOI I was working Wait, I was living at Queens and I was working for I was living, I was.
Speaker 1: I was working for your good quick dude. When you say off ninety as street Jay Train like, okay, So I don't even know what so so. But I worked in the city and I worked for a promotional company called Guerrilla Marketing, and so I one of my.
Speaker 4: Jobs was promoting autobiotics dayl I soul record.
Speaker 1: I worked that record too, did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have a street team Hold up, wait a minute, do you know about I worked for Tommy Boiler?
Speaker 2: Do you so?
Speaker 1: So I must have been one of the companies that Tommy Boy hired to do it? For sure? So I worked for you no, no, you didn't want.
Speaker 2: At one point I was one of the teams that I got hired as well direct through something.
Speaker 4: But I worked tom Boy A long line down the road, so they okay, so listen. I painted this huge canvas up their cover of a space space suit because I'm a mirror artist. That's how that was my project. That was my autob ONYX Crazy Souls. Man, come on, man love it. I love you guys. Yeah, of course, so I was. It was I was honored, right. I was just hyped about it. I'll painted canvas of the cover. So I painted this huge canvas. Then I put on a space suit and I walked around all of New York and all the Burroughs. I even went down to uh t r L on MTV and I was standing under t r L with a big dail. I sould auto hand painted canvas sign a space suit. I remember at one time crazy I remember at one point when I was going back to going back to Queens, I was on the j H and I was wearing a space suit, and this dude walked up to me, was on a bicycle, and and I had lifted I had lifted a little mask because I was over my promotions and plus it was hard to fucking breathe and uh, this dude walked up to me and said Daylight Soul and I was like, yeah, man, I'm doing street promotions.
Speaker 1: That's what's up. Man, I'm stretching. I'm strong fucking connections to basically, you know what he said to me, you heard a new eminem record I Swear to God, I Swear to God.
Speaker 4: Well, he had a huge because we started talking about it. It's about hip hop and whatever, and I was like, nah, I heard it, dude. It's going to change the world.
Speaker 1: And this is a random conversation. You just me get on the same car on the same change. That's hip hop randomness. Yeah, it's super super crazy. That's why that's where I might stretch. But but hold on, this is what I want to say this.
Speaker 2: This is why this is important because oftentimes aspiring artists will listen to this and be like, oh man, you got from point A to point Z like you just jumped and I worked street team ship. That's a grind, but I was happy to do it because I was such a hip hop head.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's fun when I say, oh, I get this before anybody and I could distribute this and do this and put people on And the fact that you, even coming from the South, went to New York and you're in the Mecca and you're out.
Speaker 2: There putting on the gear, doing whatever it takes to be a part of the culture.
Speaker 1: That says a lot about you willing to put in the time and grind. Absolutely, I would have. I would have, and I did. I did everything that I.
Speaker 4: Knew how to do to immerse myself into the culture at his very core, at the very very fucking core.
Speaker 2: Man, there was that.
Speaker 4: There was times between my boy Rodney, between there was there was there was a sequence of people that ended me up at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: The shorter the long is me and Pete Rock kicking it in Harlem for a few days, you know what I mean, Like him taking me to his favor bit fucking like have you doing with Pete Rock? No, I could hear that.
Speaker 4: I could hear that, But I wasn't ready back then. Dog Like I was just like paying my dues and like I just I was just being.
Speaker 1: My energy was forcing these situations into my life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It was early on, It was early on. You were immature at that point, very very as MC.
Speaker 4: Not ready at all, but still like you know, like shaking hands with the gods, you know what I mean, like tapping in, making sure I was there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, shout out Pete Rock Man.
Speaker 1: It's crucial. Everything you're saying is very important.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you.
Speaker 3: You know, me being you know, half black and half Puerto Rican, people always ask me like, like, you know, does it help being Puerto Rican?
Speaker 1: Do you think you being white helps you? Or does it?
Speaker 5: Is it? Is? It?
Speaker 4: Is it a crutch? It's both, man. I think in hip hop culture there's definitely like it's that whole white boy can jump ship. You know what I'm saying, Like there's this white boy who could dunk, you know, he's like showing out in the gym and ship. It's like all white boy. Got this white boy. When I was growing up, dude, it was always white boy. That's all I ever heard. And you take you take the rockets? No, no, no, no, not at all, actually complete opposite. It was a term of endearment.
Speaker 1: Besides the obvious that was all day every day as well.
Speaker 4: But it was a term of endearment, so uh so, so yeah, I've always took it as like like if this is.
Speaker 1: If I'm special at this because I'm a white boy in this particular thing, like a white boy's killing it, or a white boy can fight, you know, white black white boy ain't scared of ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Or he's crazy white boy.
Speaker 4: We got crazy white boy like because I always, my whole crew was always black always. I grew up with gasten, with Hoover crips man like like man like rest in pea, shoddy fat man.
Speaker 1: I used to just be in in the chevy ready for whatever, you know what I mean. Like that was me.
Speaker 4: That was my life, fucking pull up, fucking little bootsy shows and whoever was coming to town.
Speaker 2: And like, I just grew up around a.
Speaker 4: Rowdy group of people and I had this also this like this very like stark reality of country rednecks. You know, you gotta remember, I'm in Alabama, so.
Speaker 1: The hood is very the hoods are it's like trailer parks and projects.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you know what I'm saying, I do, but we all live on this same financial level steep and so in that way, he either fuck with each other or you don't.
Speaker 1: Now, I was a part of the crew that did. Right, So when white boy, when the whole white boy thinking, I used to get pissed, white boy, you talking about my mom My mother is Blackfoot and Cherokee and white. My father's Cherokee, Blackfoot, mostly Cherokee. Don't fucking call me a white boy. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not that simple, you know. But then it became a source of empowerment. Are you gonna you you're now, You're now, you're now. You're giving me this label and you're offering me this opportunity to use it.
Speaker 1: So I did? That was it?
Speaker 4: And you know, in a sense, it's like it's a double edged sword. It's like it's like cutting through. But at the same time, like why Like you know, it's also like like I hear some some new white mcs out talking about that the best white rapper. That's disgusting. You're already canceled when you say that, you're already done. Are you the best white rapper? Well, you probably are the best white rapper, But what the fuck does that matter? Whyon't you be the best in seed?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: And like and and so I never you know, the reason I went at g E z On on that record Bloody Sunday is because he had met while I was signed to Shady. He said, I'm the best white rapper since the one with die blonde hair or some shit like that.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what, dude, Hold the fuck up.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, are you kidding me? Like why would you even say that?
Speaker 1: First of all?
Speaker 2: And second of all, excuse me?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So and so I think that it is a double edged sword, you know, like we can't deny our cultural uh, the way that people perceive us culturally. If you and I walk into a room, you're black, I'm white in the story, you know what I'm saying, like to everyone else, just to the world, you know, and that's cool, Like we'll take it, you know, but we're deeper than that man.
Speaker 1: We got more to offer than that ship man. And let's poor a shot of that man.
Speaker 2: That man.
Speaker 6: Let man, that's a shot, Jamie, because because it just be the fucking best, don't be the best of whatever, should be fucking dope, because no matter what you.
Speaker 3: Do, you know, you know we were we were so excited when we we booked you and we had you locked in.
Speaker 2: I just poured my drink into my shots.
Speaker 1: Okay, we see you.
Speaker 3: It's not okay, but I'm taking a shot.
Speaker 1: Where my fucking bartender. Ye, she's your bartender.
Speaker 2: Get Jamie.
Speaker 1: Sorry, he's paying episode Jamie because thank you, Yes, babe?
Speaker 2: Can we can we put the well?
Speaker 1: Please? Just want to be part next to my ship? You know?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, cinnamon, it's the cinnamon and the peach.
Speaker 2: It's a thing, man.
Speaker 1: It's like because like a nice car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we were so excited, like we had you booked, right, So I'm going to do a research, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I continue to see that it is a certain thing like what not.
Speaker 2: What what? What?
Speaker 3: White rappers going at each other? Right, And it's just like it's just just what it is. Right. And then it's not only that everyone compares theirself to Eminem. Well, everyone wants to say that that you're not Eminem, You're not the next Eminem. So that's the reason why I asked it, like, is that is that? Is that something that's like like cringing, you know what.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's absolutely ridiculous. It's an absolutely ridiculous statement for someone to say that, like how dare you compare someone to Marshall, how dare you that motherfucker?
Speaker 2: He did that?
Speaker 4: He is his own human man, Like, Like, what what are you gonna say? What you're gonna say about Snoop Dog? You're gonna do the same thing as Snoop Dog?
Speaker 2: You never you never ever.
Speaker 5: Never.
Speaker 1: Stylistically, you guys are so different. Yeah, I mean general I'm saying, it's just.
Speaker 2: Start there, like stylistically, like there's no certa for me.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm from the South, bro, I have a bounce. I got a bounce fire all right, I got an I could keep up. I got bounced.
Speaker 1: Man. I was raised in a.
Speaker 4: Different pocket of hip hop lyrically, melodically.
Speaker 1: The way I approach the track is completely different. And but that's why I became part of the crew because I wasn't like him, you know what I mean, it's like the only reason why exactly he was it was like him, Like that was just different.
Speaker 3: It would have been stupid for you know what, Like you can rhyme like that, but you you have your own ship. That's what I said earlier in the interview, was like I can't put you in a box at all, Like like I wouldn't be surprised if you fucking made a record with Mickey Mouse, because I mean that with the aspect is because.
Speaker 2: Disney cut the chae.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean respect because you can you can your style to me, this is me, This is this is me personally.
Speaker 1: Is like you have you said you set up, you said up the best disc for a rapper ever.
Speaker 2: You could do a record with Mickey Mouse. Oh you talking about No.
Speaker 1: No, don't take it like that. I'm taking it in a good way. Listen.
Speaker 3: What I'm trying to say is what I'm trying to say is you can actually rhyme to anything that is.
Speaker 1: You're so is dumb it down, speed it up, whatever you want to.
Speaker 3: Do to me, compliment, thank you like me when I rhyme. Let me tell you this crazy ship. I forget who told me this, but he was like, if you can't say one rhyme to every single beat, then you're not MC. So what I would do is try to have one rhyme fit every beat, and I could never ever do that ship. But with you, when I listened to your ship, I'm like, oh my god, maybe you're not doing the same one rhyme, but you can actually rhyme to any beat has ever been a beat that somebody gave you that you couldn't rhyme too?
Speaker 4: I know you, absolutely not, not even not even a not even a like a like a three four three fort beat. So I was like, the record I did what on a judd was a waltz, but it was a waltz.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bet is called a waltz. It was a waltz. It was a waltz.
Speaker 4: It's like a three four and it changes every so it's not four four, it's three four, so it changes every three bars.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And so no, there's not there's not a record. No, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: That's the first time and Will Power can attest to that. Will I know that.
Speaker 2: We Will has said that for years. He's like, do you well, but you know what, well, you got to make him a crazy beat that he can't funk.
Speaker 3: There's no there's nothing. Something will take something I can I was his music, and I kid you not, I can't. I was literally was like, if I see him this beat, he can rhyme to that. If I see him he can hyme to that? You think you think that's what you're in the box.
Speaker 2: Southern artist has that that's superpower man, because because the bounce thing. Because Southern artists tend to be able to right, I don't believe him, ask him the question.
Speaker 8: No, there's there is something to that. There is something to so because not to cut you, but real quick, a Southern artist, Southern hip hop artists were getting all your time.
Speaker 2: They grew up on all different styles of beats, different bpms, the Two Life Crews, whatever, whatever you want to do it. You know what I'm saying, Like whatever style, and they've rhymed all their styles. So they've learned all these different types of flows and speeds. Do you think that's anything too? But he's talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there there's definitely something to that. But you know, rap is only you know, hip hop is really yo. Listen, the Double went down to Georgia. He was looking for a soul to steal. He was in the bond, he was way behind. He was looking to make a deal. Like in that hip hop. That's not hip hop, that's like hip hop. Know, so hip hop is defined by his musical bed. Rap. The art of rap is old, old, old, old, right all.
Speaker 4: The way back to old blues Robert Johnson. And like I was talking about muddy waters. The art of rapping over music is not nothing new. Now what we what hip hop defined I want to say, what I would say, what hip hop defined it with was the musical bed. This is the hip hop sound, you know. And by the way, speaking of bob around with cool hert, I got a question for you guys, speaking question the origins of hip hop as what I want to ask you.
Speaker 3: Okay, damn, you're gonna put me on the spot. You want to go with the great hair gouy.
Speaker 1: First, and I got your But the chops in the melody before we get to that part.
Speaker 4: The chops in the melody ability to transform into other rhythms, and ship comes from.
Speaker 1: There's two parts. Really.
Speaker 4: The melody comes from rock and roll, in classic rock and roll. Mostly the slang, the slang and the bending of words comes from country. The chops come from bluegrass.
Speaker 1: Make make a big a big a big a bike a bike a big big a big big big big a big a big.
Speaker 4: Want and all that is all that is like bluegrass, all right, And so so all those pieces I brought, you gotta understand when I like the reason I brought everything that was from on my plate to the table is because it's because when I listened nor when I when I listened to Wu Sang Clan, I wanted to go to Sholand.
Speaker 1: That's the point.
Speaker 4: When I listened to n w A, I wanted to go to listen to mob Deep, I wanted to go to Queen's Bridge.
Speaker 1: I listen to listen to motherfucking Outcasts.
Speaker 4: I want to go to Atlanta. I listen to fucking a ball m j G. I want to go to Memphis. I want to go to Texas when I listen to to Miami. So I wanted to put a region and how and I'll bring all of that ship into into that, you know what I mean? And that was my mission. Thank god I caught the error because now it's all fucked up. Everybody sounds the same these days, man, Like where you're getting your influence with Japan?
Speaker 2: Japan?
Speaker 1: Motherfucker? You live in Arkansas, Japan? How you get that sound like motherfucker is on some K pop ship right now? Yeah? With it? You really do.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you, not.
Speaker 1: One fucking bit. I've kept the out of here. You fuck with the show group I don't even know one, but no, listen hit me out.
Speaker 3: The show on Netflix called Space. Was it called Space with the guy from forty year Old Virgin Invaders? No, it's like Space Force Space, Steve Carell, Steve Carrell, K Pop.
Speaker 1: I can't I remember that right now, Steve Carell hit me out.
Speaker 3: So in the episode they're driving and they're.
Speaker 1: Listening to K pop. Your story is ridiculous, right, you say.
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Listen? So in that in them the series, they played the fucking brother it's a long one.
Speaker 3: Record and I liked it, and I fucking girl singing that's he's gonna Sam. I ain't doing none of that.
Speaker 2: But you should do a remix with them.
Speaker 1: You guy, the guy who said, all right, it's.
Speaker 2: True, it's true.
Speaker 3: I didn't believe it. He hated his own people. No, it wasn't hate people. It wasn't hate you know again, we don't want explanation no more.
Speaker 1: You're wrong. You ridiculous told me your first dad.
Speaker 2: But let's go.
Speaker 1: It's a hundred million spins go to.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, and I went through with you to you started some very good after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, all right, So okay, so you said you you went to the house Eminem you elbowed him.
Speaker 1: But we didn't. Actually, yeah, went way back. He's back in some chat. You went back up.
Speaker 3: We didn't talk about the actual session with Bob.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: You and Bob had the session right there. No, that was just so lit meeting to say you can do elbow Eminem. You almost lost your deal.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Yeah, now you're getting this session, yo, yo, Like Eminem is sober, right, I'm gonna take a piss on your so I like, I like drug admine.
Speaker 3: Is that bad of me?
Speaker 1: No, that's that's not I mean, that's not inaccurate. Now I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm say like when he talking about that all the time, he's gonna, I don't look. Man's sober is a lifestyle. Be sober and yo, live your life. It's all good. I've got some homies close to me, you know what I mean that. I'm like, dog, drink a beer. There's something, do something. You're weird, you know what I mean, get weird.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go that far, but I do say ship like that. You're gonna call your friends.
Speaker 8: Did I think.
Speaker 1: The white version of you?
Speaker 2: I think if I was born in Alabama.
Speaker 3: And I had tattoos, I would pay you because I tell motherfuckers, get your life together and drink a beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, we might be the same. You might do.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about that, because I say this all the time.
Speaker 3: And my friend Diego, one of my closest friends, he's over there, he's he's he's my he's I don't want to say, my white friend.
Speaker 1: He's my friend, white friend.
Speaker 3: But we actually go and we listen to eminem and we listen to the two different versions of eminem. So and then we we always sit there and debate. People say that black people don't listen to eminem as fuck lies. Okay, I'm one of them, and you can attest to that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that is. I don't think it's they don't. I don't think black people don't listen to eminem. I don't think that it's it's it's just not part A lot of times that ain't party music, you know what I'm saying. It's not some ship that you you're bumping. But it doesn't it doesn't mean that you're not like, what's the new ship listening? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There is a difference there.
Speaker 1: The ship that you ride to, the ship that I ride to It's different from the ship that I put headphones on and listen to intently. Artistically, the ship that you ride to is like like you know, like like I'm I might ride to Bob Jas Aims or some ship. You know what I'm saying. I'm not bumping the latest whatever.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like what I put in my car and what I ride to, what I party to, that's two different things.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you make music like for people just to digest artistically, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You heard Eminem's new record, I Gotta piss You got to piss on death hold on.
Speaker 1: Someone's in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Record.
Speaker 1: I got pissed. I love it of course.
Speaker 3: Now let me tell you how simplistic I am again, Like what I told you about k pop.
Speaker 1: Now you know why I like.
Speaker 3: Eminem's new record because it's K pop? Because I heard that mute that record on Balls of Fury.
Speaker 1: I don't get it in the movie, huh.
Speaker 3: That same record that he sampled was in Balls of Fury. No one's seen Balls of Fury head. Oh wait see, I'm like, I'm I'm the whitest person here right now. I'm just being honest. Nobody no want to see more of furiod.
Speaker 1: I don't watch Oh my god, I literally don't watch anything.
Speaker 4: You don't wait wait a minute, Well, I only turn on the TV when I go to sleep and I use it as a background.
Speaker 1: I don't watch nothing. I think I've never heard that in my life. I just don't. Man, I ain't got time for that. Working too hard, yo, I'm not trying to sun anyone or to watch the things nice seeing that if I go to the movie open, if you need to go, if I need, you know what I'm saying, like, I don't mind. The question is gone. Question is gone. I don't care. That's the question.
Speaker 3: You want to take a shot just because, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just take a shot, take a take a shot, and take a piss again.
Speaker 1: We got I'm good for another two hours, so you gotta actually my out that.
Speaker 2: Oh here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, I don't got a shot. Hold on? Hold up? Monster Energy? Can you say? Can you tell we sponsored by Monster? Because I was with Monster? I love you know with them?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: No, not well, not for any bad but they This was one of the best sponsors ever and I appreciate listen man. Shout out to Monster for supporting me through my first warp tour, my Warped.
Speaker 1: Tour was it was a life changing experience.
Speaker 4: They helped pay for my bus, you know, and like they supported my stage, like the marketing team and Monster Man.
Speaker 1: They really helped me out.
Speaker 4: And like I know that a lot of corporations people get them fucked up, you know, they they take them for like you know, everything is like some kind of gain and they I'm telling you, this was a really great company that helped me out, like and they inspired me to So, hey, monster thanks, thanks for the years.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the check sake so that you cut that fed my family. Where oh man, So we did we actually we didn't talk about the actual session with with Hey man, I need you guys ought to try some Mama Juana, God damn it, ready for this.
Speaker 2: Let's shot?
Speaker 1: Take a shot? Take a shot, man. What y'all doing over where your shot class? Well, yeah, we'll y'all playing cards or something. Somebody over there eating bad hey anybody? Yea he take take the bottle to put your own shot there you go, yoh, calling you out over there eating salad?
Speaker 2: Salad, man, this is too early for a salad bro. They salad talking the salad is for the morning.
Speaker 1: Bro, who's bringing whiskey over over in the Greek salad kind of salad? You over there? Who's eating a salad constantly?
Speaker 2: Mexican salad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what's up, mister Lee. It is a Dominican salad salu So alright, I got you, man?
Speaker 2: So what is this?
Speaker 1: What are we drinking?
Speaker 2: Is mama juana? Just enjoy it?
Speaker 1: Just enjoy it, favor favorite Okay, It's like I can watch them but different tipped off fullar man. My manager takes people on the Highwaska trip. You'll you know what I've been wanting to know what. I'm gonna be honest with you me just once.
Speaker 3: The first time we ever had yeaga meister, did you did you request the yagomeister?
Speaker 1: I'll take you who got your Yeah? Look at that?
Speaker 2: Look at this dude, Look at this.
Speaker 1: Look at him coming in. He's coming in hot.
Speaker 2: The label's peeling off the ringer.
Speaker 1: You picked this ship up from the seven eleven.
Speaker 2: Ship is bootleg?
Speaker 3: Ain't even I'm something to admit to you what I'm admitted to everyone here. I always wanted, like white friends, I could drink yeager wood, right, so.
Speaker 1: I never had chill chill, chill, listen, So but I'm not home right after the yegger shot. I used to go.
Speaker 3: I used to go places and be like and be like, I swear to God, I used to do this small I'm embarrassed about it.
Speaker 1: And I would be like, I.
Speaker 3: Would order like I would see like some white people at.
Speaker 1: The bar, and I'd be like, let me get a jager. That's what I used to do in the college with my frat boys.
Speaker 2: And he was lying for your teeth.
Speaker 3: But I would take the yaeger and then drop it in the beer and then be like, oh, well you do.
Speaker 1: Younger barbers well red bulls. No, I would drop it in the beer. I was a foul dude. Listen, yer bos red ball. Okay, are you're giving me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course I'm sitting you. Yeah, you give him here, you want some No, let's go, let's go, don't go walking.
Speaker 2: Give you the bo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because I do you know damn, oh you gotta.
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me get a clean one.
Speaker 2: Yeah right right there, buddy, Oh ship, I got give me that, just clean, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't get it's dirty? Is cool? Cool? Monster bolls? Yeah, that's on white boys. Ship.
Speaker 2: That's that's on White boy Ship.
Speaker 1: You want to come demonstrate?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, okay, so we did, so let's listen. Let's talk about this session though. All right you finally get in are y'all together? You and k sending it sendate nah?
Speaker 2: So the idea was so.
Speaker 1: So fool beer like okay, So, like I said, okay, o listen. So when we okay, the.
Speaker 3: Reason when you walked into said happy birthday, exactly.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Happy one of the one of the best things ever said. And I'm carrying on shout out to Sea Bear.
Speaker 1: Sea Bear Courtney sells I love you so much you got which is uh yeah, that's it's me. He said.
Speaker 4: So when we got signed to uh to Interscope and when the Shady deal happened, right, and I was like, you know me and will Power forget it, dude, we could put an album out a week if we wanted to.
Speaker 1: I'm not even shitting you, man, Like it's like we he writes music and I record versus you know.
Speaker 4: Usually at the most we spent on a song three hours, you know what I mean, from like act from nothing to done.
Speaker 1: So like we were real quick. So they're like so KP's like, let's do an album. I was like, say, let's let's go fucking do album. We're just on a shady But the.
Speaker 4: Thing is like we wanted to do an album, turn it in without Marshall knowing we even did album at all, because the point was like here you go, dog, you know, you know, surprise right. So we called Molly ma and Las Vegas. I don't know if you're on whom Molly ma is was your entrepreneur and he had.
Speaker 1: I did what show I did with him? Yeah, Molly ma I did what marriage? Yeah? Yeah, And we pulled and we pulled. I'm not shipting you man, I'm not shareing. We put up. We put them at the studio in Vegas back then, and Monkey, oh dog, I got a story Bubbs the monkey. Oh bro, you' I know Bubbs, that little motherfucker. I hate. I hate Bubbs with a passion. My god, I've never heard somebody say we have problems. Me and Bubbs had problems. He ain't no ship at you or not. Bro, Listen this little bitch ass motherfucker dog Listen.
Speaker 4: So Molly's like, well, first of all, he wrote the Red Carpet out for and poo Bear is living in his house. Who Bear is living with Molly Ma, you know what I'm saying. So pool Bear is a part of sessions writing. And if you don't know, poo Beer is a fucking hit songwriter man. She is many many, many hits. And he's the fucking just the energy he's got, He's an energy god. He's just like the best guy ever. So so he so he's helping with the writing of my my Freshman albul So and and he's family with my manager at the time, Courtney Steels Sea Bear. So it's me Sea Bear, kp will Power, Shotty Fat, rest in Peace, and Fifee Dobson, which would be which would then soon.
Speaker 1: After become my wife. Well Fife Dobson.
Speaker 4: If you're not familiar, get familiar, classic rock and roll, fucking legend from Scarborough, Toronto, Canada, multi platinum artists, fucking like one of the one of the most influential artists in the world.
Speaker 1: Just want to give her flowers, like you give your mind. I just want to say, Pepe Dobson next.
Speaker 4: But we're there and I'm with okay, but getting back to the Boves saying I'm with I'm with Fifi and Molly Malls like take my crib.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He's like he like skips out. He's like a g like I give you a driver. Here's a may box. Do this, you know, and do all this?
Speaker 2: You know, I do whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, you just have fun. There's a big shark in a in a tank in the middle of his fucking house. He's got a fucking I swear.
Speaker 4: To guy, I'm not joking, bro. There's there's like a leopard, like a loose leopard. Yeah, yeah, you know if you got sort.
Speaker 1: But Scott for Scott to yo yo yo, so fucking so so there's this fucking just connected.
Speaker 2: It's like because this is you know, really it's real.
Speaker 1: You can't make that ship.
Speaker 2: You can't make this ship up.
Speaker 3: I'm taking another shot. I'm sorry, all right, I'm sorry. It's you who's doing this though, you know you gotta take it.
Speaker 1: Suck yer, I'm not. Oh, you want to drink Champs and it's drink.
Speaker 18: Champs and it's whatever you want to drink. It's whatever we want to drink. Hold on Champ, I take a little We don't do that. But can you tell you a story?
Speaker 1: Molly? Sorry, Molly, you have Mali Crib the monkey.
Speaker 2: Market so so so I love you. Your monkey is a bitch.
Speaker 1: Fuck him, I hate him.
Speaker 2: Yo, this is this this little motherfucker dude.
Speaker 1: So so Fifi and I are standing in the guest room and Fifi's like, on to fucking play with Bubbs and your wife, right, your wife? Yes, okay, right, So I opened up the cage.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying on my own accord, this is a massive mansion. You don't understand. Like it's like it's like walking into the fucking Smithsnian.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: There's a goddamn shark, there's a fucking there's all kinds of dumb ship going on, and there's a fucking monkey within a cage.
Speaker 2: We're in Vegas.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. A week, open that bitch up, open the cage. I let Bubbs out, and Bubbs on on Feefe's shoulder and starts fucking caressing her, and she's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's the best, He's the best.
Speaker 1: No, No, I was cool with it.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, Bubbs, and I want to pet him, and started look, Feefee starts she thinks it's funny.
Speaker 5: So we go.
Speaker 2: So we go back to bed. I'm like, we got this time, Bubbs got to go to.
Speaker 1: Best It's night night bus.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, This time.
Speaker 19: For us to get rid of Bubs. So, but Bubbs refuses to leave. You can't get it back in the cage. Bubbs is possessive.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you something, Monkeys are strong. If you think a house cat is strong, try fucking with a monkey, then little mothers are strong as a motherfucker. Bro I would think is a monkey fucker. I was like, yo, listen, I'm like, time to go to your cage. Bugs.
Speaker 4: This little bitch is in a diaper and I want to grab him, and he fucking scurry to cross my body and he was at my ankles before I can fucking realize he even left her shoulder and by the time I look back up, he was back on her shoulder again, like bitch. And I swear to God, I was like, I was like, you gotta you gotta let somehow, you gotta go. I'm over the idea of sex. I just want to go to bed, I'm saying, So you gotta get this bitch out there. So so she goes to release his buzz right outside of these doors and keep them married. When I tell you, like, if you think outside of the fucking too closed doors a marble palace.
Speaker 1: Bro So, Bubbs is loose. So she lays back down.
Speaker 4: I said, what did you do with Bubbs? She said, oh, I just let him go. I was like, what you mean you let him go? There's a fucking leopard walking around, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Bubbs. Bro So we so I'm fucking at this point hammered. And I go to sleep and I wake up fully aware of what happened. I'm like, Bubbs, oh fuck, And I'm thinking and and the and the and the and the and the the cheetah name with Isis? Oh you want you want Ice?
Speaker 4: I walked in I I walked in Isis's room by by accident. This bitch was laid on a fucking like big ass, fucking beautiful bed stat me shoulder fangs and ship like, get out of my room, like like fuck. This bitch was an angry, fucking fucking He had timber Wolves outside.
Speaker 3: Wait, timber Wolf is a thing, a basketball team which animal.
Speaker 2: Molly had.
Speaker 1: There was a it was like a tiger shark in a in a in a fucking aquarium. Size is his fucking room in the center of his house. You know what I'm saying. Like it was fucked up. It was fucked up.
Speaker 2: So anyway, She's like, yeah, I let Bubbs go. I was like, what where is he?
Speaker 4: Because, like Molly, at this point, my dog, he gave us everything, he gave me the responsibility of bugs, and I've lost him.
Speaker 1: I've lost your monkey, monkey result and dude.
Speaker 4: For like two hours, dog, we scoured around this goddamn house and I swore to God at isis eight Bubbs.
Speaker 1: I was like that he's dead.
Speaker 4: Isis has devoured that monkey, and I don't know how I could ever repay him. I don't got the money to buy this man another monkey, nor nor does he even want another monkey. That's his favorite monkey, you know what I'm saying. So so as we scoured the house, we fucking looked to the left. This little bitch he had been hiding behind. Don't God knows what man, motherfucker scurried up and got up in his cage and closed his cage.
Speaker 2: He closed his cage.
Speaker 1: Word, monkey was fucking with me? Fuck Bob, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Hold hold on.
Speaker 10: Six, Molly, Yeah, Molly, you drink chance right now, Molly.
Speaker 2: Yo, Yo, Molly, and listen like I could listens clowny, but I can still. I still know your faith, Yo.
Speaker 1: Listen, yeah listen. I was telling him the story about bubbs and ices. Oh yeah, yeah man, it's not supposed to happen. When it happened, Yeah, that sposed to have it. Where you at? Man, you look like you were.
Speaker 2: About how when you gottle girl.
Speaker 1: He was like, He's like, he's like validating my story.
Speaker 2: Say what.
Speaker 19: Remember when you guys with that girl from Canada and she was like fuck you, I'll go fuck the monkey.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't tell that.
Speaker 2: I was trying to tell you the monkey was getting mad getting a business. The monkey was getting a business.
Speaker 1: Yo. Oh my god. I was like, chill, he still young, he still got the diaper.
Speaker 2: On you talking about yo, the monkey.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He said, chill, you got some diaper.
Speaker 1: Yo. Man, Like we go back, man, just like you know, we're in the middle of filming right now.
Speaker 2: But I love you man.
Speaker 1: Yo. Yeah hey look yo, no for real, for real, Like I'm dead serious man. You my mama, my mama would want want me to tell you this.
Speaker 4: Man like you know, we fucking love You know, Mama loves you a lot, man, Like I just want to let you calls me all the time.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 4: I know that Mama stays in touch with all the boys, man, so like she she talks about you all the time.
Speaker 2: Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We just sent in love. Man, that's it.
Speaker 4: Hit you.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, I'm here. Listen.
Speaker 3: You ain't posted, don't count if you posted. I was like, all love my brother later. All right, but brother, you have a great day. That ship that was great. That was hilarious, yo.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're not gonna talk about the kid rock session because you we just it's about Daddy's like kid talking about Yes, please about it because I was together, correct.
Speaker 4: No, man, it is one of the most interesting records that I've had. Is the hardest record that I ever had to do while I was signed to Marshall, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, it's it's important people know, man, like especially you're a young artist coming up. All right.
Speaker 3: So so anyway, is that arguably your biggest record? Hell no, okay, I'm bad. You know what is what is my big fuck?
Speaker 2: That ship?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm with wherever you want to go. It's It was amazing. It was a huge record for me. I'm very very thankful. It's not my biggest record, but it was. It was a very important record record. I got more from it as an artist and as a you know, young like a student, than I did out from the actual song itself. Song did great, you know what I mean, but what I learned as an artist or something else. So so Bob records this hook? Uh so the record? Okay, going back, we who Bear wrote that hook for Bob? I mean he wrote he wrote the hook on the Bob and and so when we turned in and we returned that when that hook after you know I told you about like Marshall taking me to Bob's.
Speaker 1: You know what, I like introducing me to hit Marshall all the saying.
Speaker 4: So so so Bob agreed to do a record where we had a record set up already, which was a record that Pooh Bear wrote the hook.
Speaker 1: God damn, what was the song? Roll out? Let's well and yeah, I'm throwed off, got a lot of money, I'm eisowd off. I made my own lane list roll.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So that that was the hook that was written by poo Bear and recorded at Molly's studio.
Speaker 1: Man, he's cool, cool, cool, Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: My friend. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So so anyway, so the mission now is to get Bob to record the to the to record the hook and pool Bears hook, pool Bear's hook.
Speaker 1: Okay, usually do other people's hook and pool Bears from the South. All right, So there's a certain inflection with his I made my own lane list broll.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a certain like, but that's there's an impaction rock usually done other people's like right for him?
Speaker 1: Is he used to? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, I ain't know that Bob like Bob. Yeah, Bob got writers, Okay for sure. But that's the game, you know what I mean, That's is what it is, you know. So anyway, we brought we brought this hook to to to him and when I heard the recording, uh, Marshall insisted to record him.
Speaker 1: I want to record Bob engineer. Well, yeah, I want to. I want to vocalate. I want to vocally produced. I want to vocally produce Bob for this book and wants to h he wants to physically.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 4: Record Bob like they're in but they're both in Detroit. Hey, Bobby comes to the studio.
Speaker 1: Gill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fucking epic. And then when I got the recording back, I was like, you're like, this, ain't it epic?
Speaker 1: Not epic?
Speaker 2: I was just like, this, ain't it man?
Speaker 4: Like it's it's this is not right, you know, and and like and and that became like a very hard discussion. It's very hard discussion between me and between me and Marshall. I had to call him personally, you know, and uh, but you know that's that's creativity. And I think, like, what was this conversation?
Speaker 1: Like what did you say? I said? This ain't it?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: You know, like it's like it's like pretty straightforward, Like I don't know what it is, man, but something is not right this this doesn't sound right, you know what I mean. There's something about it that doesn't sit right with me. As my message. This is my breakout single, what's going on? You know?
Speaker 4: I mean, like, and I was in the Florida Keys at the time on break just you know what I mean, man pacing for like two hours, man having a conversation and one of the hardest conversations I've ever had with anyone, you know. And but I will say this, if you're an artist, you know you're coming up, don't be afraid to have.
Speaker 1: A disagreement, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like it's cool, you know what I mean, Like your your your elders will respect you for having an opinion now like they.
Speaker 1: Have the respectful opinion. Yeah, respectful opinion. Yeah. It's not like I wasn't dissing much, you know what I mean? I just was just like I don't like it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, so how does this happen? He has to go back to so we could rock. I don't want to go, Bob, I want to No, No, I just I just what what didn't you like about it?
Speaker 1: First of all, the mix, the mix that it was, the mix it was. It was the mix it was, it was the inflection of words, it was the way that it was. Everything about it was just so was it both vocals and the mix? Yeah, okay, so everything sucked everything.
Speaker 4: So I wouldn't say that it sucked. I would say that it didn't sit well with me and where I thought it should be.
Speaker 1: It sucked, Like, so what do you say? I was just like I thought it could be better. It didn't work for what you were doing. Yeah, so we set up this video to shoot, right, we get it off fixed sort of.
Speaker 4: The long is we came to terms. We made it what it was, you know what I mean. So we figured it out and that's what's up. That's what you do as a team, you know what I mean. Like it's all good. Like we figured it out and.
Speaker 1: End up doing a video.
Speaker 4: So we're doing a video with Cool Herk and Cool Heirk and Bob Kid Rock so me, Cool Hook and Kid Rock riding around Harlem, you know, and that was the Let's Roll video. But like as they're shooting, Herk is in my ear telling me that he gave birth to hip hop.
Speaker 1: Of course as he should. Okay, yeah, so do you say yes?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, dude, that's my of course. You know his words the Bible to me, you know what I mean? Like, what am I going to say? I'm just soaking it in. But I have heard Africa about Botta.
Speaker 1: No no, yeah, yeah, you know you're not wrong for what you're about to say.
Speaker 4: And I'll say this two. This is a complete and this is a healthy conversation.
Speaker 1: This is not an argument. I don't like. This is not my theory at all.
Speaker 4: This is just what I've heard in between talking to Couhirk right and and he was like, right, I'm talking about right there. He's like, right there, them apartments that block right there, that's where it happened, you know what I mean. And like we're filming, man, we're shooting a music video, but we're having a real conversation, and like it's like Bob and cool Herk and me and and and they're just giving me the whole fucking origins of everything as I'm cruising in a Cadillac like driving whose.
Speaker 1: Idea was to get to act like though you've got person.
Speaker 4: Well, I was trying to ask a little about while I'm like, you wanted to hear what he was saying, dude, Like this is such a moment, like what it's so much ship to soak up, right, So, I mean, I don't know if there's like a concrete answer to it all.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really matter because.
Speaker 4: It dives dives back deep, deep deep, And the more you the more you get into it, the further you know it all starts truth, right, It just it leaks leaks, leaks, leaks leaks down into this these things and ship. But I will say that was one of the most legendary moments I've ever had, Like riding around Cool Hirk and like him telling this story super legendar with Kid Rock with with kid Rock Bob, I can't call him Bob Okay, show what up Bob?
Speaker 1: How was Cool Hirk and kids Okay? I was just kid for us? I'm looking at Kid Rock their interaction. What was that interaction? Oh, dude, like Kid Rock and Cool Herk, we're like old friends. Really they were. They were really like tossing back and forth memories and like I was with each other. Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, like kid Rock man, like that dude, he that dude, there's no joke man. He really really really immersed himself into the real ship, you know what I mean early on.
Speaker 2: So, so what's the discrepancy with with kid Rock now and hip hop where people think that he's gone off the rail because he doesn't make fucking.
Speaker 1: Hip hop because he's a Donald Trump supporter. That's the reason why I think that's.
Speaker 4: The only just don't make hip hop. It don't make hip hop music. Like what if you want to be relevant hip hop, make hip hop music, you know what I'm saying, Like I mean he makes rock and roll, he makes country music, he makes singer songwriter songs, just like if he wants to do a rap record, and but he made his fine, he can do that, he absolutely.
Speaker 1: But he made his chops in hip hop? Should he not give back to hip hop? He made his chop to him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought it was also like nah, bro, he came in through hip hop? Bro for real?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, fucking opening up like he said, opening up for too short?
Speaker 1: What he came in through hip hop? Give what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So my thing is just this, if you if hip hop gave you the opening, no matter where you went, you should always be hip hop and give back to hip hop my opinion.
Speaker 1: And how do you give back to hip hop? I don't know. I'm just saying I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I can't. That's each individual to give back to. Okay, I don't know what the fuck you're gonna do. And you'll give fucking hip hop balloons. I don't know what the fuck you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: I just said I get music. I'm just saying that each person. But like it feels like kid Rock.
Speaker 2: Has gone further on where he's no longer even considered in the hip hop realm, right or wrong?
Speaker 4: Well, you're right, But I have a sentiment there as well. You know what I mean, I have a certain like I can relate you know what I'm saying to being written off. You know what I'm saying and pushed to the side to this like area, You know what I mean, Like, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: I don't know who writes you off.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know who writes me off. If I could point him out, I knock him out.
Speaker 2: But you will never write yourself off from hip hop. This is the thing you yourself, would never write yourself off from hip hop. This isn't give a fuck who writes you off from hip hop? You are hip hop? All right? Thank you, thank you. My sentiment is that we know where we come from. Give a fuck who says we don't come from it?
Speaker 8: Right right?
Speaker 1: But if you come from it, then always be a part of it and get back to it. Yeah, extent you know what you know? I think too, is like if it's in you, it's in you forever, right Like, so if it leaves you, was it ever in you to begin with? It's a good point. So like if like this like, look, I'm a skateboarder. Man, I grew up skateboarding and righte graffiti and skateboarding is really written very close to hip hop. I may, yes, absolutely very close to it. But I may never ride by a spot. I may not skate for fucking two three years when I see a spot, I know a spot.
Speaker 2: I was the worst skater in the world, and I'm a skater till I.
Speaker 1: Die, exactly my dig That's like K pop man was I was Vision Street where nobody animal. I'm a skater, bro, the world is like a shot. Shot that shot.
Speaker 2: I'm a skater.
Speaker 1: I die. I'm claiming shot. It's the same ship not for real, Like if it's in you, it's in you for like, don't leave ship. We're taking shouts now. Look I about to call my mother. Why why what you all got to do with this man? Because I was a skateboarder, Bro, No, no skateboard. Look look what skateboard you had? He's like, he's like Nash, I was a skateboard. Skateboarders out there listening, I was marking Zales. That was my board markus. I don't know if you know that's I think.
Speaker 2: Pre dates marks the guns. He's one of the first street skaters, like popular street skaters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't that type of street skateboarder. I was.
Speaker 2: Milita didn't know anything about He only knows public.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, wait, you were a skater, so let's go beyond that. You want you want? You want to my mom? Yes, let's call the first person that ever gave me a professional skateboard.
Speaker 4: His name is Mario Rubert copp and Franklin, Tennessee. My boy saw me pushing around on a Nash skateboard that my mom could barely afford from Walmart.
Speaker 1: And that was a little plastic joints, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: And Mario Rubacabo was ali and over bikes on pro boards. He had landed in Franklin somehow. And Mario took me into the crib of my boys, and he saw my potential, and he saw my he saw my fucking passion, and he hooked me up with a complete and my life changed after that. And then you know, and in my life, I thought I was going to become a professional skateboarder. Actually that's all I wanted to be. Like hip hop just took over my world, like music took over my world. But I took off on a skate dream, you know what I mean. I skated Tampa am nineteen ninety seven. So like, shout out to man, to my skateboard family and especially John Newport, Rampert Street street skateboarder, yeah and everybody, all the early Atlanta scene and Yanks the boot loads because the reason I talk about her in the skateboard culture is because we loved her so much and like she you know, we all know, man, the relationship that we made along the way. But anyway, John Newport, thank you for busting me with this rag.
Speaker 3: But is it true that at one point you stopped drinking gang and you started smoking and just skateboarding, Like so you would just skateboard and smoke and you would do dabs before your shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's all I was doing.
Speaker 1: That's all true. Yeah, yeah, I hate dads, that's all true.
Speaker 4: That for I tried to stop drinking and pick up smoking, and yeah, it's just a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Mean, mom, Jamie brings drinks. Just keep some drinks, man, Look, man, only over you holy just for the love we're this is it for me?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Cool to take these five more shots?
Speaker 1: More shots that you've done.
Speaker 3: I'll do all five for you if you want another way it worked, but I think we should see you see him on that.
Speaker 1: That's not the way I'm gonna hold myself down. But is that true? Is that true? Like like like you skate before your shows?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for a while. I mean that's yeah, that's all I was doing. As matter of fact, when when the ship hit the fan, I fucking jumped off tour and uh I was going through tour Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Jelly Row actually was on this tour. Jelly was opening up on this tour and struggle, and when I got to l A, I was like, man, I fucking done, torm Man, I'm over. I quit tour halfway and all I wanted to do was just skateboard. And I was just psyched out, man, Like you're still skate right now, Like just you know, the c.
Speaker 4: Always always, there's always I always got to complete somewhere around, you know, I'm pushing around around.
Speaker 1: I trade flipped the forest there the other day, which is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Out of that nowhere.
Speaker 1: Out of nowhere, I don't even know what language that was. He's doing some tricks that he should be done. I was dead for two days took me like seven tries, but I did it, and you fell on those tries.
Speaker 4: Oh that hate shit? Well anyway, it was, it's anyway, Where was I going with this?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We want to go well, I was going to drink all five of your shots. I mean, skater or die go ahead. But yeah, like that's been a common threat in my life. And I think you're so right to mention the intertwining of skateboarding and hip hops.
Speaker 4: It's very important, very important my life. It's very important to mention how like, okay, okay, how am I from Nashville, but.
Speaker 1: I'm hip on hieroglyphics in nineteen ninety three, Yah, did that happen? It was skateboarding. It was through skateboard videos and through skate culture and and all, let me tell you mixed taste.
Speaker 2: They were coming through hip hop and skateboarding has been synonymous forever. But who made it mainstream and acceptable? Was odd future? Our future?
Speaker 1: No Tyler, I gotta say, Loupe Plaskow. No, no, no, no, no no no, he didn't he didn't know that. We didn't skaters. We didn't respect that you was a skater.
Speaker 2: Remember the skate bro I just told you that. No, you're you're you're you're keeping it.
Speaker 1: G you're keeping it.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean, look the clown like I told you I was, but I was a skater but still nonetheless becau.
Speaker 1: It's just church bro, I have my markets.
Speaker 2: I got my markets on this board in my room right now, in my office, right up, one hundred percent. I was Vision Street wearing all watching skate videos all day long.
Speaker 1: Terrible skater, though, terrible skater. I think that they I think that they did an excellent job, yes, but that didn't do it just being themselves. Man, Push Push was not respected in the skating.
Speaker 5: Come.
Speaker 1: Look, man, when you skate, you just skate. You don't talk about it, right, that's it.
Speaker 2: And our future was just our future, and it had to be they had.
Speaker 1: I've been, man, I was around way way early, you know what I mean, Like when I was. Wasn't he a skater? Yeah, but still that's still was. He wasn't respecting, no, no.
Speaker 5: He no.
Speaker 2: What he did is he sponsored skate teams. He had real teams, but he was not respecting necessarily, huh.
Speaker 3: The way he was already platinum and the way he had to learn to skates later on he taught himself to skate, but I give little way is real.
Speaker 1: He really was in his heart a skater, but he had to go through the motions. Listen, if you love skateboarding, then skate It's not it's not as you're good or bad exactly. Yeah, that is just a personal expression and like it's all good. If you love skateboarding, I don't give a fuck if you discover it when you're five.
Speaker 4: Old or thirty years old. If you trun love it and you're into it, be about it. Just don't fake the funk, that's all.
Speaker 1: Don't be a poser, bro. Yeah, I mean, dude, address me ass. But skateboarding and through John Newport, who I grew up skateboarding with, is in a long stream of connections. The reason why I ended up with this Drenk Champs. So it all connects, and something it does it does connect. Let's talk about Trump music one, two, and three. Do Trump fuck with you?
Speaker 5: Do? What?
Speaker 20: Do Trump fuck with you? But it's trunk do Trump? It's not Trump Trump Trump? D you know no, no I know this Trump, But I'm saying Trump with you.
Speaker 1: I with it, No, I fuck with this question because you know what you know, it's very close with this question. I with this.
Speaker 2: Because you know, you know, with everybody.
Speaker 3: Trump fucking with everybody right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm a little scared to check my phone.
Speaker 3: I've got some un known callers, and I'm like, I'm not sure because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I say, no, I'm being honest. Good, I went too far? Man, Does Trump fuck with me?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: The Trump with the trunk? Okay, listen, there's Trump. That's an interesting question being that I'm literally one degree away from Donald Trump, which is Bob.
Speaker 21: What Bob is out there? He's their homies? Is their homies? I mean they're homies, Like, what's up the show me? Listen, listen, absolutely like they're friends.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So being that I'm like literally one degree away away and I and I recently also like for the past three years, I've been golfing. It's my new obsession.
Speaker 2: I golf.
Speaker 1: I golf everywhere the motherfuckers. I love it. You can't peel me off the course. I'd be golfing if I wasn't here for you golfing golf? What's up calling the way I'm trying to go golfing? DJ, You're just out there neidnam Man. Okay, ready, I just go let's go.
Speaker 4: What do you I don't go golfing, So you're not You're not chasing because you don't golf.
Speaker 22: Here's here's the skateboarding you mother, you can't get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're good, you're good talking about golfing. You and Donald Trump went golfing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's not.
Speaker 4: What I said was I'm one degree away because golfing has afforded me into these man, golfing is like, first of all, it's incredible, but you just end up in situations where people, you know, you and Bob wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't imagine that you would.
Speaker 2: You know, let's just be real, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Look, Creek Water is in Walmart right now. Get back second, motherfucker. No, no, no, sea like a motherfucker right now. I'm telling you. No, I'm just trying to put I'm trying to put it together. Okay, So golf and Moster energy drink is really good for golf. No, there's a connection.
Speaker 4: Not bullshitters in Walmart right now because my boy Stuart Walton, the uh the Walton family.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't know at the time. Te teed off to Daddy's lambeau, and his next question, his younger sister was like, look, look just so you know what does that say right there? Daddy's lamb off to Daddy's lambeau right and his sister was like, oh, I know I'm bringing to your private party.
Speaker 4: So the whole connection, with that whole connection all sparn from golf. Like it was like golf that that brought that that to make happen, man, Like you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Make this happen.
Speaker 1: It was part of the story, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like Stuart Walton, Walton family, Walmart okay teed off to Daddy's lambeau my song.
Speaker 1: Wow, So he was playing golf, you know what I'm saying. So like a lot of magic happens on the golf course, like when people like people say, like people play music on the golf course like that. Yeah, I didn't know that there fucking hell, yeah, this ship, I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know that, y'all so crazy shit, Yo, I don't know who speakers in the fucking grass.
Speaker 1: Nay, No, it's a lot like yo, you know what it is? Mine is skateboarding like all over again.
Speaker 4: So it's me and my boys out there talking ship, playing music, smoking, drinking, hitting good shots, hitting bad shots. Dude, it's fucking the best. It's the best. But so I played on this, okay, So back to the Trump thing, Yes, I would like to hear it.
Speaker 1: So I played on.
Speaker 4: I played on this course called Troubadour, right, And it's a beautiful course in Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Beautiful course.
Speaker 4: And uh there's a lot of like powerful people with pieces of real estate on this golf course. And you know, I thought, you know, at some point when when you like analyze like how close am I?
Speaker 1: And how how scary could that be?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like what does this mean for me? You know what I mean? Like does it? I'm I've never voted, but I've never voted.
Speaker 2: In my life.
Speaker 1: Man, come on, bro, well the funk off. I have a right not to vote. This is American, right, America. I've never voted, you know what I mean? It's all good? Well, I mean, what what you study the I don't study. I studied hip. I study music. That's what I do. I like that vote on me? All right, take a vote. Here's a vote the vote.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Like, there's there's plenty of people that are more educated than me that deserve the right to vote than I do. If I go into a situation uneducated and vote, it's it's worthless.
Speaker 1: What am I? I'm not educated on these people. I don't know the candidates.
Speaker 3: I don't study it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I get it. You know what I'm saying. This is all year, this is happening, and take a vote. I'm like, I don't they also either way, but right, it's true.
Speaker 2: Where am I going with this?
Speaker 1: I just we never know, but we end wherever you're going. So you don't vote, go yeah, No, it's not that I don't vote. I said, I have never voted. That's that's but this is the year. I might vote one day. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Motherfuckers Like, I'm like, yeah with him, that's just tight, and like yeah, I like that guy being knowng you know, like whatever, but this year?
Speaker 1: Are you going to vote? This year? No, we're talking about Bob. I guess this is what we're going maga.
Speaker 3: You know Bob likes you know what, Let's just throw it out whether I don't know, man, what the hell is that well my wife ship.
Speaker 4: Now, whether this is to be bullshit or not, like you know, take what you want whatever, we're being real, you know, let's be real.
Speaker 1: Let's just be well, I'm always fucking real. But I'm saying like we're just like growing ups. Like I believe, like if if you and I are having a conversation and like at dinner, you know what I mean, And I have a certain like idea about how I like to live and stuff, and you're you're you're the party and in the group that is a political that is politically educated, right, and that influence of what.
Speaker 4: I'm going to talk about is going to influence your vote, you know what I mean. And that's that's that's cool, you know what I'm saying, Like it's hard for me to fucking pick somebody that if I'm not educated in it, I feel stupid having a conversation about it.
Speaker 1: Like what the fuck I don't know? I want to talk about that ship? You just don't want to talk about politics. You want me to put the whole country in jobty for some ship that I don't even know about.
Speaker 2: I don't know, not get you can be like I don't want to talk about this. I don't really understand the bullshit. Fuck the bullshit. All right, this is an edits what we're gonna take Jeneral Trump out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give a fuck about that.
Speaker 3: It's just like.
Speaker 2: Politics.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go. We got no shoe politics, we got no good choice. We're all somebody goddamn politics either. We went off the rails with the ship. Fine, let's let's speak that. Let's be.
Speaker 9: Let's let's be do you you don't call me somebody, listen, my wife just came here. I just want you to know.
Speaker 3: I'm officially inducted into the White Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: As nor read the dude, I am now the dude. You don't give your sensory of white rock clean for you, clean for you, and do not give it to And he's like he's he's going to Tim. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never seen your dude pass, just like we've never seen just skating back.
Speaker 1: You see, Kapore.
Speaker 2: Look, can't even make you know.
Speaker 1: I have story about yeah, no, I have a really funny story about power. This is like about how close you could be to power?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, and oh man, oh god. A couple of Christmases ago, like Bob and I have had d please okay, kid, rock, Bob and I have.
Speaker 4: He's he big brothers me a lot, you know what I'm saying. So there's like always heated moments, you know what I mean, like gets hot sometimes mother, you know, like we have these moments. We got heated one night and I was like, it's like Christmas, right what.
Speaker 1: You would Rock had an argument on? Yeah, yeah, because well.
Speaker 4: I found out my my wife at the time, who I was separated with, was kicking it over there. Okay, like it was warn us your ex wife again, but like they're family. It's don't I'm saying, we don't accept it now, He's not. You cannot accept this, No, no, I do all right. But it was Christmas and I was fucking hammered and it was snowing outside and it was pissed and fucking you know all this ship and I called him.
Speaker 1: You know, I was like, yo, motherfucking motherfucking you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I started going going off and dude, that night, I'm not shipping you. A bomb went off on Second Avenue in Nashville, Tennessee. And at this time I'm living in Tennessee. Nashville, Tennessee. No like downtown the key.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the news about the bomb that went off on Second Avenue?
Speaker 4: Do you remember hearing about that somebody parked a winter bagel outside of Yes, the Yeah, I was downtown when that happened, like like wake like I was there, you know, And but the night before I had you know, dude, the next day at f came to my door a deep blue jackets.
Speaker 1: Yellow at my door, blue jackets, yellow yellers, yellow letters. Yeah at l okay, okay, you're fucking me up something so late bugs. They pulled up and are you mister eight? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can we come in?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, boy, my heart was in my shoes.
Speaker 2: Bro. I was like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: They said, Uh, have you had any confrontations lately? And I was like.
Speaker 4: No, I mean nah, not that I can remember. And they were like, uh, what about a Bobby? And I was like I was like, what's what do you mean? And he said, uh Bobby. I was like, you can rock Bob. That that bob you're talking about, like yeah him? And I was like, I mean, yeah, I got no.
Speaker 1: Argument with him last night, but what's the connection here?
Speaker 4: And I was like, did you have anything to do with the bombing one second Avenue? And I was like, I was like, I was like, first of all, Bob's place is on Broadway. That's way away for second Avenue was second of all, I ain't no fucking terrorist motherfucker, like you know what I'm saying, but that but that was so shocking to me, like that that fucking like how like careful with this ship, y'all. Careful what you say, care for what you do, because there's some you know, you could have a simple argument with someone and like over the phone and some other ship happened around the corner. They got you you know what I'm saying, and then and they and they'll come tap in that. So that was like like you know, like so so kid rock phone is tapped. For sure, My ships tapped for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure. Let's take a picture show. But but I just I just know that, like you know, like you get like close to like like you know what I'm saying, people who move and shake, man, and then they'll they'll definitely wake you up if you're sleeping on them, they'll wake you up real quick. We're taking the shop for us being wake up. Oh fuck. Just woke? Is just that what we're saying. Yeah, let's be woke. No, no, just drink. I gotta drink here, I'm taking a drink. All right, bad You're gonna leave me out there. H yeah, we were together, the whole just left me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a shot, you know, I'm gonna be honest. Thank you so much, man, Thank you came here, you played the game, you lived it the same way.
Speaker 1: You want to fig you up. We want to continue to have your success.
Speaker 3: And you know what was one of the best things that I was researching and googling and doing all this, and one of the best things that said about you is your fans went with you. That's why my first question to you was independent of major.
Speaker 1: And I went. You know, he watched so many interviews of you. I watched so many interviews.
Speaker 3: Of you, and one of the things that was repetitive was that your fans went with you ever you went.
Speaker 1: And I want to tell you how rare that is.
Speaker 3: If you play for the Yankees and then you play for Minnesota the next day, they hate you.
Speaker 1: If you play for LA and then you go to New York the next day, they hate you.
Speaker 3: The fact that you had this big, luxurious career with shady records, Geffen in the scope and then you went independent because I was so shocked that you said independent when I when I asked you that. But that goes to your audience. It goes to your audience. What I mean by that is they went with you. Most don't when you take off that Yankee jersey, they say fuck you, They don't support you again. But the fact that you did that, you accomplished that. I want to salute you for that. Man, I want to let you know that. But because I can you living there, you living in this time, so you probably don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: But I, as an outsider, that's the insider. That's the outsider looking in. I killed that. I killed that.
Speaker 3: I heard y'all, I heard that. I felt y'all feel me. But that's what I am.
Speaker 1: And I got to tell you.
Speaker 3: Continue to do your job, continue to be great, continue to live hip hop, continue to bring hip hop, rap country together. You making something, and in the end they're gonna salute you, and they're gonna say, that's what the fuck you did?
Speaker 1: And me and E F F my brother is glad to salute you and tell you continue to do that, You're gonna a picture of a couple of drops, and that's God damn.
Speaker 2: Drink Chance is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon, ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com