Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hour two on this Thursday. The tournament starts in two hours. Plan accordingly, brackets need to be in. If you're part of our bracket challenge, you can go to Foxsports Radio dot com. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by the great folks at Pinini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. You know, I'm starting to get it's not hate mail, hate email, but Marvin, some people are coming after you because of your music choices for stat of the Day. To answer, well, let me get to Steven Michigan. Hi, Steve, Marvin is here to listen to your complaint for Play of the day.
Speaker 3: A first time or long time VERSTI sixty five? Not about the music, yeah, not about the music. It's oh it's.
Speaker 4: Uh, I forgot about never mind, Steve. Okay, buddy, Yeah, Marvin your responsority.
Speaker 5: Steve, do you need help? Do you need us to send the authorities?
Speaker 2: You know, Marvin's got a complaint with you, Steve, don't call in again until you get your act together. We're a professional organization here.
Speaker 6: He needs to worry about that more so than my play. The day selection, Yeah or stat of the day. Okay, welcome to the program. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock. Yes, Todd is back.
Speaker 2: The king of comedy is back with us, ready to go, and he will make up for the last you know, last three days he wasn't able to join us, and he promises to be extra funny today. May be waiting a while, uh seating us here, Marvin and Paulie as well yours truly, we got basketball coming up in two hours. Congratulations to Xavier gets by Texas, Mount Saint Mary's beats American. There is this ground swell for North Carolina and now the number of analysts I heard yesterday walk back. Probably a lot of their comments. They're like, hey, you know what, they're sneaky good? Okay? Should they Did they deserve to get in the tournament or not?
Speaker 4: Like that's the only question I have.
Speaker 2: You can be a good team, a sneaky team, but not be good enough to get into the tournament. Jim Beheim has North Carolina going I think to the Sweet sixteen, maybe the Elite eight, but everybody seems to be walking back a little bit with North Carolina. North Carolina should be good. You know this isn't high Point. It's North Carolina. We look surprised, sound surprised. Where we go, Hey Carolina, they could be a bracketbuster. Okay, underdog, gritty gutty underdog. It's not Drake, it's North Carolina. Like a feel good story. They become a feel good story as an underdog here. Yes, Bow, there.
Speaker 7: Has to be blame for this, like North Carolina barely making the tournament they used to recruit they would probably pass on top recruits ten years ago, twenty years ago, or Syracuse not making it for four years. This has to be anil based that spreads the talent around.
Speaker 2: Well, North Carolina lost one of their best players to Arizona, who was a Caleb Love ended up like you know, who would have thought that North Carolina would lose a player to Arizona. But this is a whole different era here and Hubert Davis and you know, I even saw where some analysts were like, you know, mate, should they move on from Hubert Davis? Well, he's a tar heel. You just gave him a contract extension. Weren't they in the title game? What last year or the year before? So I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. And I don't think he should. But this man, Carolina, we don't know what's going on. I mean, let's just be honest, total transparency. For the most part. Even if you watch college basketball all year long, something happens in March where you go, it's unexplainable, and you'll have somebody's coming out of nowhere. Happens every single year, and there's going to be a number one seed where you go, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, they got bounced early, yes, Martin.
Speaker 6: And in the NCAA tournament. All it takes is one bad game or on the other side, have a Cinderella, have just one great game to get high from three point range and that's it for your season.
Speaker 2: We got a garage sale going on. Everything on sale at danpatrick dot com. We're clearing out inventory for the spring and everything must go eight seven to seven to three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. Dina Racini has done a great job in the off season as an NFL insider for the Athletics. She'll join us coming up here in a little bit. And she had a report on Aaron Rodgers. ESPN had a report on Aaron Rodgers. I'm not sure kind of where this story is headed or even where it is right now, but it felt like the Vikings weren't interested in Aaron Rodgers, and then it felt like they're interested maybe, And I'm like, either you are or you're not. So I thought Diana Russini can join us and we can talk to her about are the Vikings waiting for something?
Speaker 4: And if they are, what are they waiting for?
Speaker 2: And as a result, is Aaron Rodgers either going to the Vikings or going into retirement? But also you have the Brown situation, the Steelers situation. Russell Wilson is still out there. There's still some there's chairs available in the musical chairs with quarterbacks here, but we're running out of music and we're running out of chairs, all right, So later today tonight Houston, Auburn, Tennessee. Saint John's among the luminaries that will be playing. Also Rick Patino and Saint John's feels like a feel good story, Like Patino feels like a feel good story. And who would have thought that if you go back to what happened in Louisville he was coaching in Greece. I remember when he came back and he got the job at Saint John's and I said to Fritzi, I said, reach out to Patino. And I think it was Saint John's. I don't think it was Iona. But he went from cross Town. We were in New York and he wanted to be on the show. Was he going to IONA or Saint John's. Fritzi, do you remember that day?
Speaker 5: I have to check.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to Iona, but you may be right. But he goes and he spends two years and then he turns a team around. That's his mo. He's done that every place he goes. Now, was he a great NBA coach? No, but he's the kind of coach that's a control freak and college he can control, he can make you play his style. He has different styles. But Jim Beheim was saying, if you're going to say coach K's the greatest coach, let's take John Wooden out of it. Rick Patino's right there with coach Mike Kryzewski. That is high praise from a Hall of Fame coach in Jim Beheim.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin, and.
Speaker 6: I think it's the combination of Patino and Saint John's both making a comeback, because, like you said, Saint John's, I don't ever remember Saint John's being this good. I remember a couple of years of our test years, but never like this. So it seems like both of these entities have just you know, making big comebacks this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a big deal in New York.
Speaker 2: Therefore you got the media capital and everybody writing about Saint John's and Rick Patino. But it is a really good story. If you get an opportunity, and you didn't see that thirty for thirty on the Big East, watch it and you'll understand basketball in New York at that time in the eighties. Saint John's, Georgetown, Villanova, Syracuse, just to name a few of these schools.
Speaker 8: Yes, Tom, and when he goes white on white with that suit, look out, that is just that's trouble.
Speaker 4: It's terrible.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 4: That is terrible.
Speaker 5: You're like the Tony Monaro syn night fever. Look, No, it's not trouble. It's troubleling.
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven three DP show email address, DPA, dan Patrick dutt on Twitter handled and shot the show. It's terrible. Look, I lived through the disco era on the back end of the disco era, and I had a couple of bad, bad outfits. I mean they felt like they were bad in the moment, and then all of a sudden, you see him after the fact, and you go, oh my god, no wonder a woman didn't talk to me. And all of a sudden, you're walking up platform shoes at bell bottom, pants on, tight shirt, hair parted down the middle. Yeah, yeah, well that says a lot about you.
Speaker 4: Todd Yes Ball.
Speaker 7: The IT team looked back to find when Rick Patino debuted the white Suit. It was a winter of two thousand and eight with Louisville, and he said he'd had it for a while and been waiting for the right time. The right time was when your team was thirty one and six. That's the perfect time to debut it. By the way, three months after he debuted the White Suit, they won the NCAA title.
Speaker 2: Mm boom m hmm. Who has How far do you have Saint John's going? I have I think I have them an Elite eight.
Speaker 4: I do them in the Elite eight too, Elite eight, Marvin, I.
Speaker 6: Have them winning the national title.
Speaker 4: I do think.
Speaker 5: You know I was close to doing that too.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, who I have them have knocking out Saint John's North Carolina, not Seaton Hall I wish. Unfortunately they're not available. Marvin's Yukon Huskies. Oh wow, Yeah that's.
Speaker 5: Right, Marvin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you believe.
Speaker 9: I'm not really sure why because I either think they're going to lose in the first round or win the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Same.
Speaker 5: It's one of the two.
Speaker 4: You can't believe, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 6: I have Johnny's eighty three Dukes seventy seven in the national title game.
Speaker 10: Store.
Speaker 5: Okay, we are so in the bubble.
Speaker 4: That's in the bubble right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, what's the pole question for our two Seaton I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: If I ask you that or not.
Speaker 5: Uh well, let me see.
Speaker 9: Let me give you hour one because we have a brotherly shove in there. Is that a football play or a rugby play?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 9: Sixty five percent of the audience have that as a rugby play?
Speaker 4: Rugby play? Yeah? Yeah, uh you know what.
Speaker 9: We go here, here's another one for Paulie. We might as well just based on what we were talking about. Are you rooting for or against Saint John's and Rick Patino Hm hmm.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great story. Rick is complicated. I've known Ricks since the mid eighties, and but but he's always been recognized as one of the great coaches in basketball. He just never days very long at places. But you know that there are a lot of guys who are like that that they just think, hey, I did this, fix this. Now, let me go to the next team, and then the next team and then the next team. If they had gotten Tim Duncan, who knows what kind of coach he would have been in the NBA. By the way, Bill Simmons documentary on the Celtics is wonderful, even if you don't like the Celtics. There is so much footage, interviews, Bill Russell read arback, Bob Coosey's wonderful and so far what I've seen, it's great. The first two episodes been really wonderful. You get an opportunity.
Speaker 1: There is.
Speaker 2: Jerry west Is on there in the first episode and he, like you can see in his eyes, it hurt him to the day he died that he couldn't eat the Celtics. It's still so fresh. He's talking about a game in nineteen sixty two where Frank Selvy has an open fifteen footer and it was still bothering Jerry when they interviewed him, and probably interviewed him, you know, not long before he died. The look in his eyes and he talks about being a wolf when he's on the floor. You don't bleep with the wolf. It's so personal and painful as well. And I remember those Celtics teams were great. They just they were just a little bit better than the Lakers. But Jerry, to his dying day, still painful, all right, Yes, Marvin, And.
Speaker 6: You saw some of those NBA Finals with the Celtics against Wilt Chamberlain's Warriors or the Lakers with Jerry Weston Elgin Baylor. Those games were coming down to the wire, game seven, so it was like they were just barely so it wasn't like they were sweeping them or anything like that. And it was just like they were saying the difference between Russell and Chamberlain was Russell was trying to win and that was bothering Wilt Chamberlain also, and rout Uarback just kind of sticking it to Wilt Chamberlain.
Speaker 4: Until he died.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, he just said there was a difference between Russell and Chamberlain of their approach. Bill Russell wasn't about his numbers. He was about winning. And I think Red you know, was saying that Wilt was about his numbers. Russell was about winning the game. But great footage in there, and uh, you know a lot of great interviews as well. Uh, Tyler in Portland, Hi, Tyler, went's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, we need a ceasefire on Pandora brother for a charity of your choice. Not to play that.
Speaker 4: So the singer Pandora, not Pandora the music site.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, Pandora. Stat of the day has got to put out pastor man.
Speaker 12: I'll pay you, please, pay you man.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's a it's a moody stat of the day. I think it's kind of I don't know, maybe a little too sexy for early in the morning, but I like it.
Speaker 13: Stata the Jay start of the Jay.
Speaker 4: We love your.
Speaker 12: Status the Day, Stata, the j Stata, the j oh damn.
Speaker 13: Give us.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, PAULI.
Speaker 7: We have some quick NBA news, so we're gonna call it the NBA News game, a little fill in the blank, Okay, all right, all right, perfect Marvin, all right, Uh managing Bill Chisholm, I think that's his name. Chisholm, managing partner of Symphony Technology Group, has agreed to purchase Blank or the valuation of Blank. It's an NBA team, which MB team was bought this morning? And for how much?
Speaker 4: Here's a hint.
Speaker 7: It's the biggest sale of a sports franchise in North American history.
Speaker 4: Any sports. The Celtics Celtics is correct.
Speaker 7: Oh, okay, Celtics have been sold this morning.
Speaker 4: Damned it.
Speaker 7: Okay, closest to the Hall for the price of the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, Marvin, I'll start with you. What do the Celtics cost?
Speaker 6: Five point nine billion dollars?
Speaker 2: Okay, Todd five point three billion dollars?
Speaker 5: All right, seat, No Connor, I'm gonna say four point seven.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go five point four five point four billion dollars.
Speaker 7: He got the Celtics for the low low price of six point one billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Do you get the arena, because that's always the big thing when you get a team.
Speaker 4: Do you get the arena or the stadium? Checking? What do you get for six billion dollars?
Speaker 1: Paul?
Speaker 5: We are going to get the whole list of what he got and.
Speaker 9: Then knock it down built condos. Right, there's the plan that's about people, real estate. Okay, possibly it's gonna be mixed use kind of office, live space, casinos.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for the the condo stadium with a casino in it. That's just you don't have to leave. You don't have to leave home. You can watch your games, concerts, go gamble, you don't.
Speaker 4: Have to leave your neighborhood. All right.
Speaker 2: When we come back Dina Rassini, we'll get an update on her for some NFL news. More of your phone calls as well. Get your brackets in. We got basketball starting in less than two hours. We're back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the Ihea Radio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 14: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 15: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 14: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich?
Speaker 15: We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 14: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 15: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something.
Speaker 14: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 15: As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 14: From five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific.
Speaker 15: And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Got some teams making proposals. Packers still want to get rid of the Brotherly Shove, the Lions looking at a new format for seating in the tournament as well the playoffs, so a lot of things going on. The NFL is always in play, certainly with the quarterbacking situations given what's going on with the Giants and the Browns and the Steelers, the Vikings, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Diana Rossini, the Athletics senior NFL insider, co host of the Athletics Scoop City podcast with Chase Daniel. First of all, you've done a wonderful job. You've done a wonderful job here in the off season, not to say you don't do it in the regular season, but did want to have you on to say that great work. Now give us the latest tier. Let's start with Aaron Rodgers, because there were conflicting reports yesterday. Were the Vikings interested? Are they still interested in Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 13: Well, first of all, thank you, happy spring. We made it, buddy. We're here just the fact that it's pouring in our region.
Speaker 10: But we'll take it right as it just fell a really long winter. And you sound annoyed by the quarterback carousel situation here a little bit.
Speaker 13: Are you the Steelers? Are you the Giants? Are you talking to them? Because I can tell you that they are.
Speaker 10: They're they're pretty annoyed by all this as they're just waiting and you know, everyone knows the tell at this point that the Pittsburgh Steelers and the New York Giants are both very interested in Aaron Rodgers. Rogers knows what kind of contract that both teams are offering, and the Minnesota Vikings spent i'd said, probably the last week and a half or so having really serious discussions about what this would mean for this team moving forward if they were to bring Aaron Rodgers on.
Speaker 13: And you had a lot of people in that building in.
Speaker 10: Favor of Rogers after watching some film of him, and you know, those guys know a lot about him, They have good relationships with Rogers, and so there were certainly many people with Minnesota who believe that bringing Aaron Rodgers in this season was the best.
Speaker 13: Thing for the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 10: And I think from their perspective, it's, well, you don't get extra points winning a super Bowl because you want it with your draft pick, with you because you want it with the young quarterback. They built this team in free agency, and you have to give them so much credit with how they've built this Vikings team on paper. At this point right now, I think it's really reasonable to say that this is a super Bowl, super Bowl caliber team.
Speaker 13: They just need the quarterback.
Speaker 10: And the fact that the Vikings have now made the decision to table this to say, okay, we want to give JJ McCarthy an opportunity. This spring tells me that Kevin O'Connell has hitched his wagon into JJ McCarthy and believes that this player is the future of the Minnesota Vikings, that he is the absolute best option over let's say, a future Hall of Famer in Aaron Rodgers. So serious discussions happened, but Kevin O'Connell came to the decision that he believes that JJ McCarthy gives the Vikings a much better chance at winning than Aaron Rodgers does.
Speaker 2: At this point, well, okay, this is what I was told yesterday. Kevin he knows he can mold JJ McCarthy. He's not molding Aaron Rodgers. And does Aaron Rodgers style of play fit with what Kevin wants with his offense? And I was told that it's not necessarily a great marriage. It's Aaron Rodgers and the high high that you can get could be a super Bowl. But Kevin has he is showing confidence in JJ McCarthy, and he wants to make sure that he that McCarthy doesn't lose, you know, going through rehab. He wants to make sure he understands I got rid of Sam Darnold. You're my guy, but I'm doing my due diligence that probably ownership is asking him to do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's it's beyond confidence in JJ McCarthy. If he's making this decision, he is hitching his wagon to JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 13: As JJ McCarthy goes.
Speaker 10: The Minnesota Vikings now go because they had an opportunity to bring in Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 13: And to the point that you're making.
Speaker 10: Of well, he doesn't fit in this style of offense. I think Kevin O'Connell, the Coach of the Year, has proven that he can make any quarterback fit and find their best qualities to get the most out of them. I think that's Kevin's best trait. He is so adaptable. He is able to figure out pretty quickly what the strengths of these quarterbacks are. And we've talked on this show so many times about the Rogers experience in New York, and while I don't ever I never thought it was the right fit. I always understood what New York was doing. When you think about fit, when you think about personality. When you think about what a player like Aaron Rodgers needs around him at this point in his career, he does need somebody that he really truly respects and can hold him accountable. And in my opinion, I think that's Kevin O'Connell. I think there's probably about five coaches in football right now that I would say yep, that works right, Like Andy Reid can handle Aaron Rodgers, Mike Vrabel, Mike Tomlin, Sean McVay, Kevin O'Connell. Those are five off the top of my head that I feel very comfortable saying Aaron Rodgers respects. And I think Rogers is looking at the situation right now, going I wanted to play for the Rams that didn't work out, what's the next best And based on these offseason moves, Minnesota is, without a doubt the best option for Aaron Rodgers. And so now you have the Pittsburgh Steelers who don't have a plan past Mason Rudolph, who are just waiting to hear from Aaron Rodgers. And you know, the Giants would probably love this opportunity. But I think in their building, they know what's happening here. They know that they're probably not the prom queen here in this situation. So to me, the biggest takeaway was the Minnesota Vikings have very strong belief and confidence that JJ McCarthy is the guy, yet they're still going to discuss Aaron Rodgers. Rogers is still on their radar, so they need to learn something this spring. I don't know what that is, but they need to see something. And Agan, you've been doing this a long time. What is spring football?
Speaker 13: Not much? Right Like, you don't know too much.
Speaker 10: It's pretty easy, laid back, but I think they want to see where he's at physically, where he's at mentally. There's a lot in play here before they really make their decision that they're officially done with Aaron Rodgers, because there's no in or out on Rodgers.
Speaker 13: It's just for right now.
Speaker 2: Diana Rossini, the Athletics senior NFL insider co host of the Athletics Scoop City with Chase Daniel. I thought the Steelers were going to bring back justin Field, so I thought that made sense.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a bridge quarterback, but.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of surprised the Steelers aren't acting like the Steelers and saying to Aaron Rodgers dude, at the end of the business day, you're either in or you're out.
Speaker 4: We're the Steelers. You want to play.
Speaker 2: It's a privilege to play for the Steelers and a Hall of Fame coach and Mike Tomlin, TJ. Watt, Mika Fitzpatrick, Cam Hayward. We brought in DK Metcalf. You make up your mind and then if not, we're moving on. But you allow Justin Fields to get out of the building. I don't know if you can bring Russ back. But where do the Steelers stand with this whole mess?
Speaker 13: Where are they going? Dan? What do you mean they have no choice?
Speaker 10: Like you want Mike Tomlin and Omar Khan to call Aaron Rodgers today and say, whe're the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 13: Are you in or you out?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 13: I'm Aaron Rodgers. I'm going.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, I'm out If you don't want to wait for me, because what are your options for?
Speaker 2: What am I waiting for? You're the Steelers? I mean, is it is money involved in this? Or is it just the chance to be with a better team, a chance to play in an NFC North and win a Super Bowl? I mean, is that what this is all?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, this is this is Aaron.
Speaker 10: This is Aaron Rodgers going. Okay, the Vikings are telling me right now that they're not in, but they're not taking it off the table. Do I sit here and just be patient and just wait to see if maybe in the spring they realize that maybe JJ McCarthy isn't the guy, or maybe there's a setback physically, or maybe there's another quarterback on a different team that he would want to play for injured. Should I just sit back here right now and wait for a better opportunity, or do I go to Pittsburgh and look, you just ripped through some of the guys in this roster.
Speaker 13: I'm not sure how.
Speaker 10: Aaron feels about Pittsburgh, but I think we could probably all agree if he was blown away by them, this would be done. He wouldn't be watching what the Minnesota Vikings were doing. It seems just like a really far backup plan for Rogers if he even wants to do that. And then you have the New York Giants, and I don't even think that they have that much of a push in this in terms of Rogers wanting to be there, because we know the uphill battle that they have in terms of their roster and everything that they're dealing with with their coaching staff. So I think for Rogers, his mindset's like, I'm in no rush because you all need me. I don't really need you, because if I choose not to play football, I choose not to play football. But I think the Minnesota Vikings are worth waiting out for, and I think he's willing to roll the die there.
Speaker 4: What are the Giants doing.
Speaker 10: Hoping that Russell Wilson or Joe Flacco decide to come to New York. I think that's gonna wind up being one of their backup plans one or the other.
Speaker 13: They've been operating.
Speaker 2: Taking a quarterback. You think they're taking Shade or Sanders.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 10: I think they've always had the focus has always been to get a quarterback here. I think they've aggressively called up to Tennessee to try to move up. I don't get the sense right now out of Tennessee that they've made a final decision yet. I just know that they haven't. They've obviously have not made this trade. I think Tennessee winds up going quarterback, and I think the New York Giants do as well. I think the Giants are going to do whatever they can to just try to get up and get a quarterback and then sort of.
Speaker 13: Figure out where to go from there.
Speaker 10: And what I find is fascinating in all this, And obviously I can't share every conversation I have and all the information we collect, but there have been so many moves made over the past two three weeks here with all three of these organizations that we're talking about big teams here, the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Minnesota Vikings, the New York Giants, where I wonder if they're going to reflect on some of these calls and regret them. Right starting with Minnesota letting Sam Darnold walk. We want to invest in the young guy, right, so we're gonna let the guy that just won fourteen games for us leave the building. We have no insurance plan now right now? Oh well, we will get Daniel Jones Dean he wants to be here. We can win with Daniel. We've got the best quarterback whisper in football. He can get the most out of DJ Well. Daniel Jones wants to be the starter without having to deal with a young draft pick that's going to compete for the job. That because he was hand picked by Quacy and Kevin O'Connell. The young guy's going to get the edge, right, Like we see it all the time in sports.
Speaker 13: Whoever that guy's coach is, they usually get the edge. They're the favorite.
Speaker 10: So Daniel Jones looks at the situation, He's like, I don't want to be in this mess. I can go in to India and just win this thing. So this is why when I say Kevin O'Connell is tedd to JJ McCarthy, because if not just Aaron Rodgers, it's Sam, it's Daniel Jones, and it's.
Speaker 13: A future Hall of Fame quarterback.
Speaker 10: All three of these quarterbacks, they're willing to say, no, we can win with JJ with this roster, and if they feel good about.
Speaker 13: It, I guess we got to just believe them.
Speaker 2: The brotherly shove just keeps. It doesn't go away. It feels like the Packers are like, can you please take this out of the game. We can't stop it, but nobody else can as well. My simple solution is just don't allow somebody to be behind Jalen Hurts and block him from behind.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 2: I still think they would be just as successful running a quarterback sneak with that line in Jalen hurts. But is there any chance that the NFL, when the owners get together, they're going to say, you know what, none of us can stop it, we want it out of the game, and then we vote on it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it's a long shot still. I actually thought it had I thought there was more teeth to it a year ago, you know.
Speaker 13: And you saw the report that Green Bay is the.
Speaker 10: One that proposed it because they they bring up player safety.
Speaker 13: There's there's no information.
Speaker 10: About that out there that that's not really a strong leg to stand on at this point. But but even having conversations about this over the last few weeks when it started to bubble up again, I think you always have to look at some of the players involved, and and I never got the sense that Roger Goodell was for it. I always felt that he didn't like it because he thought it was an ugly play. He didn't like the optics, the esthetics. And I know that there are some on the competition Committee who feel that way as well. But I think in the end, most around the league, including owners, have the same mindset that you do, and and that I think a lot of teams do. It's let's not punish this team because you can't figure out a way to stop it. Maybe put your efforts into solving that problem before having to change the rule because your team doesn't have that advantage.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you, and we'll be watching. We'll be watching to make sure we find out where Russ is going, where Eron is going.
Speaker 4: If you had to bet though, just guess.
Speaker 10: You know, insiders hate this stuff. I hate because you know Bobby the aggregator out there. It's like headline mrssini says, Rogers to Seattle, Sam Darnold's getting cut.
Speaker 13: You know, like, uh, do.
Speaker 4: You want to do?
Speaker 2: Just just a guess on any of those topics. So like the giants of the Browns, of the Steelers, with the Vikings, with retirement, with whatever one just give me one guess. Not a report. Once again, this is not a report by Diana Rossini. This is not a report.
Speaker 13: This is a guess. This is a guess. We have to just emphasize this. Yes, I think Aaron Rodgers is going to be a Minnesota Viking.
Speaker 2: That is breaking news. Hey, let's get that out social media. We're gonna get some We're gonna get some hits reports. Aaron Rodgers will be the Vikings quarterback. Thank you, thank you, Diana. That was a guess. That's all that was. It was a guess. It was not a report.
Speaker 5: Not as amused as we were with that joke, she wasn't She.
Speaker 2: Knew what she was walking into. At least she thought you did all of a sudden. A bunch of the podcast is Scoop City with Chase Daniel. That's Diana Rassini. Let's take a break here, but we all just take a break. We'll come back with your phone calls after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of That and Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: You guys want to take a guess on what are the odds of a perfect bracket?
Speaker 4: One in how many seaton I'll start with you.
Speaker 5: Two hundred and thirty five million?
Speaker 7: All right, Paul, I'm gonna say similar to the Celtics sale one in six billion.
Speaker 4: What in six billion?
Speaker 2: Celtics went for a little over six billion dollars a sale in the middle of a season, Marvin, a perfect bracket?
Speaker 4: What are the odds one in three billion, all right, Todd, one.
Speaker 5: In four hundred and thirty seven million.
Speaker 2: You have a one in nine point two quinn trillion chance of a perfect bracket?
Speaker 4: Is that real?
Speaker 6: Worse?
Speaker 2: So you're saying there's a chance. To give you an eye what that is. Let's say you have a picture that has one million dots. Each dot had a million dots within itself, so that's a trillion dots. You would need nine point two million images of that to get to nine point two quinn tillion dots.
Speaker 9: Yes, see, a quintillion is a one followed by eighteen zero. Remember when Warren Buffett would offer up whatever, a million dollars if any of his employees got a perfect bracket, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 5: Based on those dogs, it's being pretty cheap. You got to make that at least a twenty million dollar proNT.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say a billion. I would say a billion dollars to kill.
Speaker 5: Off film to make that happen.
Speaker 4: He could do that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, Pauline, I'd never heard that numerical phrase before. That's how rare it is.
Speaker 2: Quinn tillion. I thought it was trillion, but it's quinnion. That's isn't that like a dance or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a cotillion, Oh, a cotillion all dressed up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're going to the quintillion.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I am hons in Arizona joins us on the program.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Houns. How are you?
Speaker 8: Hey? Dan? Doing great? Thanks for taking my call. Six foot two pop heavy two sixty five baby, and I'm calling also to I don't maybe complain about that that Pandora version of Sata the Day, but I don't know if you guys have enough choices for stat of the Day, So I'd like to submit my entry for another stat of the Day song that you can play so that you don't have to go back to the Pandora one.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So a live stat of the Day song from hons in Arizona.
Speaker 4: There we go, ready, Okay.
Speaker 8: They stead of the stat of the day, here it comes.
Speaker 11: Day.
Speaker 8: It's the status the Day, all right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, hey, all right?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: David in Michigan, Hi David, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 13: Dan?
Speaker 11: First time, long time, five feet nine and a smelt one point five. Well, yesterday you talked about stem cell harvesting, and my wife and I are at Mayo Clinic right now.
Speaker 4: And Teresa's going through.
Speaker 11: Harvesting five hours on a machine. Teresa's called in your show and is now lovingly known in our family as Teresa from Michigan. She never ever misses your show.
Speaker 8: Including this morning.
Speaker 11: You and the Dan Nets are so important in our dayly life going through cancer treatment. This is her second go around anyone going through cancer treatment those that's very personal and very scary. You've had multiple callers through the years that have called about this, but it's your show that allows threeson me to thank you something else. For three hours Monday through Friday. We feel we are part of the wider sports world. We recap your shows literally every day, and she's become the sports authority in our extended family, and I mean the sports authority. We have a motto Dan through this journey which has been incredibly successful thanks to Mayo Clinic, and that motto is grace, gratitude, grits and courage. And I would add the Dan Patrick's show, thank.
Speaker 2: You, David, thank you, and to Teresa. We were with you every step of the way and we hope to hear from you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had reaction from I brought up stem Cell. I went to Panama. This is a little while ago i'd be still trying to fix the autoimmune disease that I have wonderful people there and had some progress and have felt as good as I've felt in the last twelve years. I don't know diet has played a role, Vitamins have played a role, but Jay Glazer is the one who said, I know you're going through a lot, go down, try it, and my wife and I went, that was I don't know if it's a vacation, but they put fifty thousand stem cells in you a day through an IV and you know they don't guarantee anything, didn't know how long months after it would take. But I have turned the corner here, and for all of those who've been involved, certainly the dan ets, because that was every day, every day. But thank god I had work to go into instead of just sitting around feeling sorry for myself. But thank you for the reaction to that. I'm not telling you that stem cells for you. I'm telling you that it was for me. Do your research and I did that, and Jay Glazer said try it. And Jay has had some great results with that. Uh Sean and Oregon. Hi Sean, what's on your mind today.
Speaker 12: Hey, thanks for taking my call, Dan, I just wanted to call and stick up for defense of the defensive players. And you look at you know, last year's MVP, Joel Embiid. You know he has been the Defensive Player of the Year before. And when you go back five years ago to Jannis, he was Defensive Player of the Year when he won that MVP. And when I think of the Joker, When I think of the Joker, I think at the time a few years back when he was the next to the very last person chosen at the All Star selection, And I think what MVP has ever been chosen next to last? I mean he had to stand up actually before he has even chosen because he was about to be the last player. That's how I think. He's unathletic and he's not fun to watch. Brother, He's a.
Speaker 2: Great battle but that's the All Star game. And now we were building a team, where do you think Joker would be drafted If we're drafting a team Sean not an All Star lineup.
Speaker 12: Well, he ain't cool enough to be on my team.
Speaker 8: I think that's what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll take him on my team. You can take the cool guys if you want to, but thank you for the phone call. Joker is not Jannis not Embeid, but he leads all centers in defensive rebounding, and he leads all centers and steals. Something has to be said for that as far as defensive stats.
Speaker 4: Final hour on the way. Get some more phone calls or back after this