Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline. This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Gross, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: It's Thursday and you are looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is ninety seven degrees and fair. The load to night is eighty one.
Speaker 5: That's a good What a playing right there with the big old gite and getting out of there, big guy, we are without my boy.
Speaker 4: My boy Boy's not here.
Speaker 5: My boy's not here today. That's all good.
Speaker 4: My boy's stuck in track.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna hold it down, your boy.
Speaker 4: My boy.
Speaker 5: Kurt's not here, Nate is stuck in traffic. Should have left on, Tom, big fella. Should have gave yourself a little bit more fell He's always the one like sitting in here. Yeah, we got jazz oh in the back looking Hey jazz, you need jazz, daddy. You should have poured jazz half a couple of what you had. He's a little picking me upper, all right, and put your business out there the street. That is, that's what we did. That is Shannon. I am salt and pepper poppy. Together we make hanging with the boys the sports talk equivalent of the broil people. When we speak this second brought to you each and every day, each and every day, week show whatever, yes, by we stop where Flavor gets it.
Speaker 4: All right, just me and you to kick off the show.
Speaker 6: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: We don't do that very often. Usually one of us is missing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: True, it's good.
Speaker 4: It's good to see you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: How you feeling.
Speaker 5: You're goodday?
Speaker 6: What a week?
Speaker 4: What a week?
Speaker 6: What a week?
Speaker 5: What a week?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: I'm what a week?
Speaker 4: Floating a little bit?
Speaker 5: I am cruising, baby, I'm cruising.
Speaker 6: What a week?
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Boy, my blessed boy and my blessing boy, they're about to hate me a little bit out there.
Speaker 4: And we talk about that morning. There you go, you go strolling in here there, it's late. Come on in the water's fine, come on, we're good. Nate's walking down the hall. Here he comes, Nate. How are you how you doing? We're just getting started.
Speaker 5: How's it going, baby, We're good.
Speaker 4: You're never late.
Speaker 6: What happened four o'clock? You got it?
Speaker 4: Not used to that traffic man.
Speaker 6: The traffic got me my GPS said one time.
Speaker 4: But the traffic saying, all right, we're just getting started, just getting settled in. You're doing good.
Speaker 6: Today, Brom. You know if im.
Speaker 7: You can't live life better than Nate telling you. Bro, I'm telling you your new look Jess with the same look. Yes, you gotta get a different look.
Speaker 6: You see his hair.
Speaker 5: Looks good, looks good. It looks good.
Speaker 7: Like we gotta get different looks. I'm playing just ain't changed the name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, doesn't do the same Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just a he changed his name. At least he did something. I'm playing Jane ugly shirt everything.
Speaker 6: That's all right.
Speaker 4: We know what we're getting.
Speaker 6: Every day you can put jazz. I want you all to see my new jazz.
Speaker 5: She's still she's still working progress, still working progress, jazz.
Speaker 7: Coming the people who you are today. She's like, yeah, she's taking her dreads out. One side of her head is just regular hair and the rest of the side of the head is dread flocks.
Speaker 5: I'm sorrycks. Nothing nothing is dreading about her hair.
Speaker 6: D situation.
Speaker 5: She's in a she's in a procure situation.
Speaker 6: Sure, WHOA.
Speaker 4: Well good, Jesse's doing great, you're doing great. Jazz is questionable.
Speaker 6: Kurt's not here.
Speaker 4: He's gonna he's listening about rock.
Speaker 5: Great, he's gonna do some good concerts. Well, you're doing a little work on Saturday, you know, yeah, yeah, Well what's about about Saturday? Yeah, you know, doing a little work for for Compass Media.
Speaker 4: Oh nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So your boy will be calling the game nationally. You know what I'm saying, calling the game nationally Accompass Media on Saturday. So I'll be back at the stadium, me and Kevin Ray. Good for you, sweet So yeah, so I get to do that.
Speaker 4: Where can we listen to you on the radio? Let us know after the fact where it was.
Speaker 5: Follow me at mister, I'll let you know. I'll let you know.
Speaker 4: Good for you, Jess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, God is good, brother, man. Yeah, I ain't get that far.
Speaker 6: I get that far.
Speaker 4: I get that far, bid man. So the game Saturday? What are we gonna see?
Speaker 6: Game?
Speaker 5: The one that hold on time out? Now, I told some people this earlier. We're gonna be respectful about this live preseason game. Yea, we're gonna be We're.
Speaker 4: Gonna came no matter what people say, you can make the team.
Speaker 5: Were going this game right, We're gonna handle this game with a little.
Speaker 4: Bit of Okay, So since this game is so near and dear to your heart, last preseason game, Yes, is there a difference between now when there's only three and back when you played when there were four?
Speaker 6: Does it?
Speaker 4: Does it still have the same I guess weight? Or is there more weight on this one because it's more.
Speaker 7: The third game was the veterans game. Right now, now every game is the rookies game. And now it's like a week ago. You got what I'm saying, Jalen Cropper fumbled one and bobbled one. So now he got another game to say that was a mistake. This is who I am.
Speaker 4: I just bought some of his rookie cards too.
Speaker 5: Oh you believe I did you believe in the sixth bottom before last the game. But because here's the thing, when you break this stuff down, if we're being honest, and that's what we do on the show, one roster spot one till about forty thirty thirty.
Speaker 7: Thirty thirty thirty one. Yeah, for me, locked up for me, it's locked up. But we knew that two months ago, Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before camp, right, we.
Speaker 5: Knew, we knew, we knew one I'll say one to thirty five. Okay, okay, I'll say I'll say ter spot one to thirty five. We knew two months ago this game. No one's getting a starting job from this game, right, Like that's not happening.
Speaker 4: You already know who those guys.
Speaker 5: We know who those guys are, Like, we know even even you're center, no one's getting a starting job from this game. We know who those guys are, even the center, even the tackle they know. This is a game where you're gonna have guys make up the tail end of this roster and will play a significant role in ways where you may not notice it right when you the game, saving tackle on kickoff, a block on punt return. You know what I'm saying, Like those type of things are gonna come from a guy that you may not recognize because these are the right But also this is the end. This will be the end of the road for a lot of human beings. This game will be the end of a lot of people's football journeys. It will this will be your last chance. And also some guys may not be roster ready and still need a little bit more development and the the the advent or the the the the addition to the practice squad. And I'll continue to keep this respectful right because we make jokes, not us, but people out there will make those. Oh you only on the practice squad. You only pract squad make two one thousand dollars in seventeen weeks for you guys that only make twelve dollars an hour, thirty mili.
Speaker 6: You see, guys make it. Yeah, you should wish you was practice squad.
Speaker 5: So before y'all got there in the cowboy world and so sweetie world. Oh you only on a practice squad two hundred grand a week on thousand and seventeen weeks to work three days a week and don't travel on weekends. I don't know what y'all do for a living. Legally, you gotta have a you gotta have a damn good job.
Speaker 4: And you get to watch home games from the sideline if you want, and you't got to buy a ticket, right, and you get premiere parking and you get to go to club after.
Speaker 5: That, and you get glizzies that have to probably sneak on the sideline, you know what I'm saying, So that that's what this game is about. We we know who won thirty five. We know we know who's lining up come Cleveland. We know we've been do that, right, So who's on that?
Speaker 4: In y'all's opinion, who are who are on who? Who are right outside that thirty five that needs to show up in this game?
Speaker 7: That Jalens, the Jalen's OFFPT. Tobra is he's an OFFICEPT. Jalen to the rest of the three. Other Jalens are fighting for their Jalen lines.
Speaker 5: The Jaylens are fighting.
Speaker 6: Yes. The linebackers are fighting. Not so much.
Speaker 7: Yes, they are for positions. It's only one, maybe one or two and who can play that special team.
Speaker 4: Their fight for depth, right, they're playing for depth.
Speaker 5: You're playing. You're playing for Jersey on Sunday. You're paying to be a part of that forty eight that's right on Sunday.
Speaker 7: It's a little bit closer with them, you think it's a littit closer with the receivers with the linebackers.
Speaker 6: Flying backers, yes.
Speaker 5: Linebackers, yes. Because we're all assuming cit is going to be here right, So we're assuming city yes, Brandon Cooks, yes, Jen, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: One or two more. How many receivers do you think they're gonna carry this year?
Speaker 5: Probably five six, Probably only four active game.
Speaker 4: Day because you need the linebackers and there.
Speaker 5: I think the line I think the linebackers are are vital. I think I think yeah, I think those guys.
Speaker 4: Especially with the depth problems you had last year.
Speaker 5: Right, so I'm with you they I think the Jalen's and and you're tiring Billy Johnson, your boy Deuce.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, what what's the running back spot look like? Right now? You know Zeke?
Speaker 7: Right, you know Rico, and then it's Ducemon and and and the big Kid.
Speaker 5: No big kid is mixed in now, Zeke. To me, I'm saying no to you. But your listen, Zeke, Rico.
Speaker 7: That's okay. We're on the same page. Malik uh uh you think.
Speaker 6: Deuce is in the mix.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Mike McCarthy special, he's not cutting limpkey.
Speaker 6: That's what that's that was.
Speaker 7: So the big Kid again over again, Zeke one, Rico two, Royce uh uh, limp key for me.
Speaker 5: Limpkey, limpy Royce, Royce, climpkey, that's how those are.
Speaker 6: Next those limp Key, Deuce then Roys.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, yeah, well because the first two guys, you ain't getting the three and.
Speaker 4: Four really, and Deuce is interesting with Turpin because if you didn't have the trust in Turping, he may be that may be flipped right.
Speaker 5: That was my that was That's always been my my scream, Gadget, is where else are you playing?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: So he's almost like wrong time, wrong place right Herping coming in when he did and being that guy because he could be that guy.
Speaker 6: He could be.
Speaker 4: You got the trust with pro Bow.
Speaker 7: Because Coach Prince is fighting for Billy with Billy John. He fighting even though Billy hasn't really showed up in the games and he hasn't really done nothing, specially even when my man fumbled last week. He didn't come in and just makes something happen. He got hit full loss. So this thing tight now. So we move on next to what the Tighty ends.
Speaker 5: I go, I go, I go secondary.
Speaker 6: Okay, you go secondary. We're walking off of him, so I mean, are.
Speaker 5: You keeping how is that breaking down between DB's and and safeties? Right like you think about safeties. You think about huh, Malik Hooker. Then you go Donovan Wilson, Mark Bell, Markue's Bell, Janye Thomas.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: And then now the kid that took the interception back last.
Speaker 6: Week came in k E m O. N. Hall came in Hall right, where is.
Speaker 5: He in that mix?
Speaker 6: Verage?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. What I mean, do you keep four? You add five safeties your corners, you're going of course, you're going digs. You're going blame You're right, you're going Louis as your as your nickel, right, you got your drive pick and Carson, well that's four. Now what we're going after that? You know what they just traded for from the You see what I'm saying. So I think now now if you go, if you go five safeties, you gotta go one less dB. If you go four safeties, then you add another dB in there. So I think that's a look for those guys.
Speaker 6: Go doctor special names, coach.
Speaker 5: But but these are the game. This is what we're talking about, right. This is when you go into that room, when they go into that room and they look on that board and it's Butler and it's it's it's the kid that they just traded for for and and it's some other guy. They're saying, Okay, they're all backups. Who gives me the most value over here special teams? Then one guy, well, he just plays kickoff and kickoff return. Okay, what does he do? Well, he plays kickoff kickoff return, and he's my wing of my punt. Okay, now you start. That's how you start differentiating who's going to be on this roster, who might be pushed to the.
Speaker 4: Practice, whoever has more dashes or or.
Speaker 7: When they asked, who do you trust more? Yeah, that's the killer man. We'll talk about the sponsors. I need a sponsor like this is this is one of the sponsor games. Right when this game is over, you want wing stopped giving up the house.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: You you would hope that if if you're in a conversation that Al Harris is saying, nah, I need, you hope that Fossil is saying because he might be the determined factor. Because you might have Prince saying, well, I need I need Billy, I need Billy Johnson, and you might have Al Harris saying, well I need so and so let's.
Speaker 4: Let's hold that thought because I want to know the dynamic and how those like who all's in the room? Okay in those because you know those conversations happen just like it's so as soon as preseason's over. There on the phones, working guys that get cut around the lead like how does this building structured in those last few days of cuts? And then picking other guys up, like who what are they broken out by head coach? Position coach? You know, who are those sponsors and all that? Let's talk about that. Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 8: How's wing Stop sound crispy, juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed toss and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corns. I think you've heard enough. Get go Flavid, delivered at Winstop dot com.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot Com slash Fan.
Speaker 6: Of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 3: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 5: Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 3: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Fall is here and that.
Speaker 10: Means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Lay Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamolele made with real hass Avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 9: Grab some today. Back to Hanging with the bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you Blockchain dot Com and seven eleven. Do you guys want Slurpee drinks from seven eleven free for a year, Yeah, we do. From now until August twenty seventh. Use the seven Rewards app at checkout to be entered for a chance to win when picking up products like Slurpy Big Gulp in taketos. No purchase necessary terms apply. All right, Back to the conversation football. I'll ask you this before we talk about We talked about sponsors and guys trying to get the guys they like on the team right or on the practice squad. How many guys do you think get cut every year around the league league wide that are good enough to either play on a team, be a starter on a team that get cut that never get another chance just because of either politics or they get lost in the shuffle, or they were in a bad situation with too many guys in front of them. Do guys on other teams say, hey, we had to let this guy go, but you really need to look at him, or do they try to high them because they want to try to go get them later in the year. How many guys do you think are good enough to be in the league that just get lost?
Speaker 6: What is ninety guys on it?
Speaker 4: Ninety and ninety eight guys?
Speaker 7: You training to keep ninety ninety out of ninety guys, you got to keep fifty four, I'd say about six six guys.
Speaker 6: That can contribute to a team. I ain't saying start.
Speaker 4: Six guys per team or six guys lead wide team per team.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that can You're like, wow, this guy had something to give, but it.
Speaker 4: Just so one hundred numbers guys, one hundred and fifty hundred and seventy five guys. And then are there any guys you think that wind up getting washed out of the league, that that could really be good players like starters? And for sure they just wind up for sure, getting kind of. I mean, we all have heard the stories, right, like he end up back home. He's like, man, I was the coldest dude I ever seen play.
Speaker 5: But you know, circumstances of happened, injuries might happen, and sometimes fit fit is real like to be in the right place at the right time, with the right people who see a vision for you and invest in you. And yeah, because if if they don't see your worth or a purpose for you, your your your trash. And you know, in in the sense. But you can take a you can take a guy. Kurt Kirk Warner is a great example. Kurt Warner is a great example. Nobody was bagging groceries. You know what I'm saying, and and and and coach uh run listen missing his name, They'll come to me. But Coach Sawmon said Mike Mars. Mike Mars said, you're perfect for my system. And it worked as quick as you popped the bags ball and he said, if I'm gonna put this around you and Marshall falk back there, and next thing you know, he's wearing a gold jacket and has a part. You can't tell the NFL history without telling Court Warner because he had the greed he was he was the he was the captain of the Greatest show on Turkey.
Speaker 6: Yes he was.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, like you. So that's a perfect example.
Speaker 7: In the next in the next perfect example plays for the forty nine ers, which one the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Rock Party's irrelevant.
Speaker 6: He is my next guy because I'm looking at guys that you just like.
Speaker 7: All right that Shanahan may not have thought that right, But what was this guy's name when they drafted him?
Speaker 5: Tom Brady? Yeah, yeah, seventh round pick.
Speaker 6: And he had one of the biggest sponsors.
Speaker 7: He said that a coach and even the head coach said this guy, I don't know who the guy was. The guy's name stood up on the table, like literally got up on the table, like we have to.
Speaker 6: Have this guy. And he always scattered, and he always kept eye on and he always was watching what he was doing. And I had to have one. He had I had one.
Speaker 4: So talk us, talk us through. What that looks like in those conversations, is that the head coach and all the coaches in the room.
Speaker 7: Is that how you saying everybody's gonna be in the room. Everybody everybody has somebody yeah, is gonna.
Speaker 4: Be in So your scouts, your coaches, not ennial manager.
Speaker 6: Not every scout.
Speaker 5: Will mccleans in the room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Wilma clears in the room. He's got it all written down for his guy.
Speaker 4: And he's in there with McCarthy and all the position coaches and Jerry and Steve and everybody's. Everybody's in there, right, and they're.
Speaker 5: Going name by name. Yeah, now something they'll spend more time on. They'll go Dak Prescott, move him over good, like he's good. Yeah, and then they'll start working and.
Speaker 4: You get down into that thirty five. When you get down about thirty five, and then that's when you start.
Speaker 6: That's when you start.
Speaker 4: Taught me, taught me through that.
Speaker 5: So, like I said before, like before we got to training camp, right percent of the offense and defensive started, were already booked now barring any injury or if the phone rang, And it was a significant trade that they can make that can add to the mix they had in their minds of who we were going to have as our starters. And then there's guys that went from Ota and they're like, all right, this is gonna be a guy. We're gonna We're gonna give this guy a chance to compete at camp. Right, so what you did in Ota is Minnie camps and your draft picks. All right, we're gonna give these guys a chance to compete at camp. And if those guys so like, now you go and you look at a guy like like uh like Maris Lula foul and you look at you know, Overshown and Clark and all those guys, they're competing. They're competing, Kendrick, Like, all those guys were competing for jobs, starting jobs. Now they'll get in a rotation. But who was my first go You know what I'm saying, Yeah, you know that digs and and and playing gonna be your starting corners. But other guys are like, I need to go out there and make plays so that when I get to this point in time on the board that my name sticks out like the name were talking about earlier, like all the Jalen's, like there was a prime opportunity with not having CD Lamb in place, because if his holdout for them to separate themselves and say no, I belong in the number, and for coach to get confidence in you. And that's how it's broken down. They just go by They go name by name, grade by grade, like a position by position, and your coach gets a chance to speak to on your behalf first, so do you?
Speaker 4: And I can see like, uh, let's say you know dB coach out Hares right, he's got his guys and he's telling you. And then I can see where coach Fossil comes in. He goes, yeah, special teams Like, I'll vouch for that.
Speaker 6: I want that.
Speaker 4: Do other guys ever outside of that be like, hey, I don't work with him directly, but he's a good locker room guy. Or I see this or I see this potentials there or they like how do you ever have anybody kind of step outside of their lanes?
Speaker 7: Some guys will do that, But you got to be a special guy because you don't want to be an advocate for a guy. Like when coach the Deep, the Deep, the special team coach woke up for Jesse.
Speaker 6: J Yeah he he he knew Jesse was not gonna go the next day and get drunk.
Speaker 7: Right, you speak up for a guy the next day all big noon, all big Neton just got stopped pull over And I don't have two or three guys wide receiver coach at hubbled Alexander and the running back coach. I can't thank Joe Avazona. They would always speak up for me, and then the next day I show up but the d W I or something do something silly.
Speaker 6: Then then next time they get ready to stand up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm serious, like, hey, stop, can we depend on this guy. It's got to be a trust factor first for when you stand up in the for a guy, and then some coaches will come tell you, hey, man, I don't need for you to do nothing for the next month.
Speaker 6: You don't need to go out for I just put my neck call.
Speaker 5: We're laughing.
Speaker 4: Jody did that to me.
Speaker 5: He called me the night before and he said, listen, you're like, man, I need you to make me right. So I'm like what he goes, I'll see you in the morning. And I get there in the morning and I'm on the board. I'm on the board starting I'm like oh, and he's like make me right. Like you know what I'm saying, like, make me right because something there is and there's gonna be some of that meeting's gonna be like nah, I don't know about this one.
Speaker 6: I want.
Speaker 5: I want this guy. And that's when you go to like, that's when who does who has the head coach's ear?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir? Right is it?
Speaker 5: Because sometimes you'll have.
Speaker 3: Guys that.
Speaker 5: Came with Mike McCarthy. There might be guys he hired later on. Yes, you know what I'm saying. So a guy that he may have hired later on, he might listen to. But I know him for forty years. So when he when he says, hey, hey, I go have a drink with him up in Cowboys Club and be like, hey, I need this guy. And you know what I'm saying, there's that trust factor that's built in. But it comes back to the player like, hey, don't don't.
Speaker 7: Don't anything about the coach when they put in an extra word for you behind closed over before they.
Speaker 6: Get into the meet, and the coach, God, I just had al say the same thing. But you, my boy, right, how we gonna work right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, how we gotta gotta they gotta present it right yeah.
Speaker 5: And and and those are the things that when you're talking about, you know, when you try to tell younger players, not when I talk to them, because I always try to tell them, hey, man, be on time, you know, what I'm saying, like, go see coach, stay after practice, make sure you're working out in the weight room. All that that comes that is in combination of the third preseason game when you when your name's on that board and they're like, man, the dude late d every damn meeting we got, I can't trust them Like that's that is the determining factor at times on whether or not you make a team, or you go to the practice squad, or you get all lot released. Man, I can't trust this guy when you all right.
Speaker 4: So this is a little bit off topic, but it's it's kind of the same thing. Do you find yourselves in your personal lives because your life has been so structured and so I have to be here at this time. If not, the bus leaves, the plane leaves, I don't get to eat, I get kicked out. I locked out of a meeting. That that spills over into your personal life, and sometimes you hold people to a higher standard than my first.
Speaker 7: Ten years with my marriage with Michelle, my first ten years. You know, even though I can't show it up hill late today, y'all know, y'all will have to show I'll be like, hey, fellas, I'm sorry, yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Never show up all the time.
Speaker 4: Me and Jesse different, Yeah, you never show up.
Speaker 6: Now, Jesse would shure up, he would give you a time to beat the time. But but over delivery.
Speaker 7: I'm like, and then we my I saw that I held myself to that standard. And she's like, okay, he does. He you know, he may be and here's joking, but he does. And to a certain certain extent, you've seen it done enough to you do it right. Most people in today's world cannot live up under that stand right, So uh, you have to bend a litit. You have to be like, Okay, you have to tell yourself to relax. This is in the locker room.
Speaker 5: But honestly, I'm I'm I'm better mentally when my things are planned out.
Speaker 6: Like a football schedule, thank you.
Speaker 5: Like I need to know stick to I need to know, like, all right, Thursday, I got this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this, Like I need to know if things are things are too much.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't fly by the seat of my pants every day. I pretty much know what I got going on each and every day, what time I I give myself time to get there, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If I'm it's like I would have I would be mentally terrible if everything was just all over the bright.
Speaker 4: But when you but you're like that, so you you like the structure and you like you know, especially time, like time. I used to not be on time until I started working here, and then it's like you get and then even when you leave here, it's like that's one big thing. I tell you I'm gonna be somewhere, I'm gonna be there, right and if I'm not, there's there's a good reason. But and then I find myself getting super frustrated when people don't do the same thing, and I take it personal because it's like it's almost like it's a slap in my face. You don't respect my time.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a funny story. Good friend of mine, Senecal Wallace, play quarterback in the league for a long time. Seattle, Seattle, Yeah yeah, Iowa State played colleball, I State, Seattle everywhere. Mike home run when he went really good friend of mine, we were having It's a pizza place off of like Greenville, down the street from the porch. That restaurant. It's on the right hand side something like that, or somewhere we will have pizza. He was like an hour late. This is seven years ago. You can I can call Cinneca right now. We've never had dinner again.
Speaker 4: Wow, because that one time.
Speaker 5: Because of that one time, no call, no nothing. I'm sitting there at this big old table. It's both to be about four or five of us, and he brings the fold. I'm sitting here her and like he hit me up like two three hours later. Hey, bro, when you got the table. I won't tell you what I said, but it was along the lines of and you gotta be kidding. I'm good, I'm good. And we laugh and talk about it.
Speaker 6: Today.
Speaker 5: He and I have not yet had lunch, dinner, nothing, because of that that ruined you.
Speaker 6: That's it. Can I break this right quickly because I think you're like this. Yes, and I know you'll like it too.
Speaker 7: Sure, Uh Mary and Barber Tonight his due comes on at seven. I don't know if you already did. Yes, yes, you know the official site of the Alice Cowboys dot com, so you know.
Speaker 5: It'll be on dot com, it'll be on YouTube, and I think Saturday is gonna be on c W eleven yeah, I want to say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so yeah, I just I didn't want to you know, no, I was, I was gonna good tonight.
Speaker 4: At seventh Central and you're in it.
Speaker 6: Jesse. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you get to see uh he changed his name again back to Jesse.
Speaker 5: The show now shout out to Shout out to Kan Gates, Alice Lily Uh and bar Garcia. Nick Harris put my missing Jazz. That's it, like, shout out to them. Did a fantastic job with it. I'm excited to see. I know, I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna cry. Yeah, I'm gonna get pumped up.
Speaker 4: Because have you seen any of it?
Speaker 5: I've seen some clips, so you know, it's it's it's it's it's an emotional journey. So it's an emotion journey that you'll go through.
Speaker 4: We gotta watch that. Yeah, all right, let's take our last break. When we come back, we'll talk a little more football on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 6: Be right back.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named.
Speaker 4: The twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan.
Speaker 6: Of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 8: How's wing Stop Sound Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sausted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players headed with handcut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Branch of Course spicy Cajun fried course. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 10: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamolea made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo ki Hero's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores.
Speaker 9: Produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 3: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped the.
Speaker 9: Press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 3: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 3: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each at every show by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All right, let's talk a little bit about what we're gonna talk about. Let's talk about the final practice was yesterday in Ox No Hard and it seemed like it was a a little feisty, little skirmishy and it sounded like the players are we're kind of I don't know, kind of amped up about ending on a ending on a I guess with some energy maybe or are they just tired? Or what did you guys get out of that?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 6: Is that normal?
Speaker 4: Is that good thing?
Speaker 6: Is that bad thing? Not for us? Now?
Speaker 7: You know, we never by the end of by the end of the training camp of six weeks of hitting each other, we weren't trying to hit each other last day.
Speaker 6: Maybe they just wanted to hit something, you know. I don't know what you think.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think it's it's one of those they got chippy, you got We're tired of each other. I'm ready to go home. Lights at the end of the tunnel. My bags are already packed, the planes already gassed up. Like you know what I'm saying. It's like, bro, don't hit me no more. Like you know what I'm saying, like don't don't, don't don't do that. Like we're done. We're done here and let's just go home. So I think it's more so just ready to I'm ready back.
Speaker 6: I'm ready to.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Monday, Monday and Tuesday. Here is practice?
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday?
Speaker 4: We are we are Monday Wednesday on our show, I.
Speaker 5: Think Monday and Tuesday because we got do some things on Tuesday, So.
Speaker 4: We'll be we'll be one o'clock next week on Monday and Tuesday, and then the following week. Our first daily show will be the Tuesday after Labor Day, and I believe we're gonna be at one o'clock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's every day.
Speaker 4: Every day after Labor Day.
Speaker 5: So, but how do you feel about the the Lennonville Joseph signing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man, and is that any is that any indicator?
Speaker 6: Yeah? That guy?
Speaker 7: Yes, that guy you're talking about? It so inconsistent. If y'all know who were talking about listen to Jesse podcast. Know it's two guys names, it's two guys names. I do not want to say. He's a quarterback and he's a number one technique for the cow but I'm tired of those names. One guy, the number one pick of last year, has been highly inconsistent.
Speaker 4: Did he just Bill Parson?
Speaker 7: You know he's been highly inconsistent. I've seen got his teammates wanted more than he does, his coaches wanted more than he does.
Speaker 6: When when you do individuals drills and you see players come on let's go. Let's go. Oh man, way to go.
Speaker 7: When you see coaches, Hey man, let's go get it in gear. Come on picking up and calling this guy's name. No, no, man, the light has to come on. Now, we go out and get Jordan Phillips. We go out and get uh was supposed to be getting uh mister Joseph in here any day. That's the word that is out. Uh we we we we We're thinking about Chauncey coming down into that three technique. You know, we knew he was coming down the three technique for his past rush situations and rushing the pastor but.
Speaker 6: Now we gotta you know, it's just they are doing everything. I'm from.
Speaker 7: We They are doing everything to say, please, sir, be a serviceable player. We we can't be a team with quality now, so we're gonna do do it with quantity. We're gonna have a bunch of older guys hoping they can give us twenty twenty five reps a game. That's what we're trying to do it with instead of having that stud guy that'll give us, you know them thirty forty reps, solid rundown reps. He's not showed up yet. So one way or another. They trying to get it done.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, another interesting thing that you don't you don't see a lot, especially this time of year, is a inter division trade, especially at skill positions. Dotson went to Johan Dotson Philadelphia? Was that today or yesterday?
Speaker 5: Today? He went from Johan Dotson receiver from the Washington Commanders, headed up to Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: That's a scary wide receiver group.
Speaker 5: It's it's on brand for Kellen Moore. Think Cedric Milson, right, Like Kellen Moore's offense is a vertical offense.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: I got a J Brown, I got Davonte Smith, I got was Dallas Schollard my tight end. And now I add this other piece in there. I had that slot piece in there. Right, I'm sending these guys up the field because what now, Sades can't come sit in the box. Why because I'm threatening you vertically down the field and guess he's in the back four And guess who was in the backfield.
Speaker 4: I tell you what if?
Speaker 6: And I tell you this is Kellen's year. I bet.
Speaker 5: I just hope that he I hope that he hasn't figured it out yet because the thing about Kellen, and we've always said this. He's had a good collection of plays. The offenses that he's been around has run well. It's just he's never had a system to He never knew where to go with the players when it was time for the plays.
Speaker 6: To be had. He's not a close out coach, and so I'm hoping.
Speaker 5: That his time here it didn't click the Chargers, that it didn't click, that they didn't get the Philly all of a sudden. Now he's like, aha, eureka, I know how to set plays up in the first quarter. That's gonna help me out in the fourth quarter. Because if that happens with like with that lineup, it could be trouble for the It could be trouble for the division.
Speaker 7: If he used mister Barkley the way he's supposed to, how you're gonna stop him. I'm just banking that he gonna get sewing in awe of his offense, that he gonna let's just keep throwing it.
Speaker 4: If they use him like like like the history in Philly has used their running backs in space and in the passing game, and the swing passes can be it's gonna be scary. What do you get We'll talk, We'll get into this next week. But how do you feel about the division? You think it's a two team races in Philly? And does it does it come down to how well Dak and Jalen Hurts play.
Speaker 7: Just asked me about four or five games in after I see how I left tacking center.
Speaker 6: Asked me that I'm serious, because so.
Speaker 4: You're not going in this season going good.
Speaker 6: We're good.
Speaker 4: We're good.
Speaker 5: Philly gotta replace some lineman too. Yeah, like they lost the center, their best offensive linement.
Speaker 7: Centeray, they tried that uh tous push during the pre sson ain't work eighty percent.
Speaker 6: It ain't the time.
Speaker 7: But that Barkner kid, I've always loved it and I was so happy it was in New York with that bomb line.
Speaker 4: Now I think get some people block for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and now you add Jalen Hurts his ability to run as well as passed. So it's it's a two team race. I think Washington will be better, but I think they aren't ready to take the next step.
Speaker 6: Because they got a lot of new players. They got the core defensive guys, but they got a lot of new players.
Speaker 4: What do you think about the quarterback there Daniels, now that he's named the starter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know about him. I've never been a fan of the athlete playing quarterback. I just hasn't. I just maybe it's the receiver in me, because you want to think about running before you think about throwing the ball. But and maybe it works, Maybe it will work. I don't know.
Speaker 7: He's coming out of Order Dame system. You know, he coming out of LSU kid, right, Joe, Yeah, he coming out with it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: I came to call the coach name, but I think it was that Ordon name all time. But he could be different man.
Speaker 6: This year here.
Speaker 7: And I can't call quarterbacks like you guys can, but I think this year here, teams are going to help their quarterbacks more by running and play action past. I just think the coaches are getting smart, like, yes, this kid is a great athlete, but let's not kill him. Let's not hurt him up. You know, like we did the kid in Washington even though he was not a first round pick. But they killed the kid in Washington last year. Tell yeah, they did him wrong. They they whooped up on how Yeah that was not fair.
Speaker 6: It's not fair.
Speaker 4: Ones that do it right had gotten some good results. Ones that hadn't done it right, like Washington Carolina.
Speaker 6: Just beat the kid up.
Speaker 5: I think, what, well, what will make Washington difficult is dan Quinn knows us right, like he knows the intimate parts of who the Cowboys are.
Speaker 6: You don't like that. It's just it's just too soft football knows.
Speaker 5: He knows the inner workings, you know the vision, you know the work, what the cowboys.
Speaker 6: That you know?
Speaker 7: And uh and they're o c But you know his history though, right, all of his old guys that used to play against damn whooped there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we keep but we don't have but we don't have any of his old coaches. He was just a coaching. We don't have any of his old coaches. All me ol Harrison.
Speaker 7: But that's parsonally get sentimentally not killing. He'll kill him just because he did to take you with him.
Speaker 5: Glad you mentioned that name. We'll talk about this next week. Interesting article that came out about Michael Parsons and it's quested this offseason for leadership, you.
Speaker 6: Can talk some great people. I read that folks didn't.
Speaker 5: I just hope that people's policies were allowed as as loud as the disrespect was towards.
Speaker 4: Make sure you bring that up on me. Make sure you bring that up on Monday when we're in here.
Speaker 5: I mean it talks a lot of you had an article ready for me out he's gonna print it out.
Speaker 4: I like to tell him go ahead and highlighted and yeah.
Speaker 5: He talks on a lot of things that people call me a liar about.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 7: Let him know.
Speaker 5: I know who you are. Make receipts. Make sure your energy is the same.
Speaker 4: You got screenshots.
Speaker 5: They know who they are.
Speaker 4: Well, Fellas hits that time. It's time to get out of here.
Speaker 6: Backup.
Speaker 5: You want a practice squad.
Speaker 4: Before he goes home. He can be talking to himself in the car Monday one o'clock, Wednesday one o'clock. Then the following week we will be here daily. You get your feel of hanging with the boys.
Speaker 5: Salt Pepper, Poppy Baby, good seeing it, Jass, good seeing you, Nay Jazz.
Speaker 4: Thanks for holding it down, my man, Josh. We forgot to mention him the last few days. Is he gonna be hosted when he comes back?
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, he won't be hosting, but he will be a part of a podcast. They I don't know if it's hosting skills as good as your.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, No doubt you can come over here, Josh. If you want to learn something, come sitting with us. Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Kirby, glad to sit one out on the sidelines and once in a while you can be Jesse's boy.
Speaker 5: Nah, I got one boy that.
Speaker 4: We got to get an update on the curtains. By the way, is that a Sammy Hagar concert tonight?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we gotta get it up.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 5: I don't know one song for van.
Speaker 6: Halen van Running with the Devil.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he replaced you know that song I Can't Drive fifty five play a.
Speaker 5: Huge on my theme song before I found the Lord, Running with the Devil.
Speaker 6: With this devil.
Speaker 4: We'll be back by day one o'clock.
Speaker 6: To Heaven with him. We are.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.