Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 3: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts, Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and NEWI Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we are. It is Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Everybody in the day after Mondaday had Football's the Dallas Cowboys Cincinnati Bengals got together in Cherry World and we are hit to chat about with you. It's Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. That is Heck Maharrison inviting me to come on in the Cowboys Safety. It's on the team of Barry Church and the Yeah, tell us some special teams, NEWI Scrugs and Peter.
Speaker 2: Wait, so let's just hit it right there. Okay, the game twenty block the punt.
Speaker 4: And when you say Peter, because you play college football at the highest level, so explain it. Because it is in college football, it is in professional football.
Speaker 2: What Peter means.
Speaker 5: It means get the hell away. That's what it means. When you hear Peter. It means, no matter what you do, you see ball near, you do not touch it.
Speaker 2: Get away. Peter.
Speaker 5: That is as universal a word as you could ever hear on a football field. I don't care on what level you hear it. Peter get Away. And that was the heartbreak though. The heartbreak of that game was you missed every opportunity to possibly win it outright. Initially offensively, you struggle, but it came down to a special teams play. Now we know today that there was no such block. It wasn't a block called missed assignment. You come through Scott Free, you make a block, you do, you make a play.
Speaker 2: That's just what you're doing. There's no thinking about that, all right.
Speaker 5: But the rules state tip ball goes past line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: It is what lie.
Speaker 5: Is it live?
Speaker 2: It's five.
Speaker 5: And the thing is like, to me, I don't insult nobody's intelligence that plays in the National Football League. I won't because I believe you know, the rule ain't no what it is, no way, there's no way you go out there and you play. And in that situation that you did not have situational awareness to know that if you touch this ball, what was going to ensue from that moment for somebody made a bone headed play. Barry Church, Yeah, man, it was it was bone headed, and I refuse to believe that bone's fossil didn't go through this in camp ot as practices where even if you get a block, tip tip the ball block and it goes past the line of scrimmage. That's, like you said, that's on all levels, high school, college pros. Literally you saying, Peter, don't touch the football because there's nothing that good can come out of that. Nothing good can come out of you touching the football once it's blocked and it goes past the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: All the punt team can do is down it the glory. That's all they can do is down the ball. There's no reason for you to touch.
Speaker 6: That glory and that unless unless there's no one near you, you're twenty yards away from everybody, and your name is come oft the turpid, then you can touch the football and pick it up.
Speaker 5: Other than that, let that thing go. But we've seen it. This ain't the first time. No, it's not with the Dallas Cowboys that we've seen special teams say you know what, I'm gonna put this on my shoulders. This is my opportunity, right, I could do I could do it. I believe believe in me. I know we got an offense. I know we got a defense, but you know what special teams. We're gonna hold it down right here? Ye ain't Thomas?
Speaker 2: I believe I.
Speaker 5: Saw a look, got the look, got the look. I'm gonna go ahead call this. We're gonna do a pass on the word was activated? Activate, got activate look activated? He saw the look? So is he activated? Another opportunity? Washington. A couple of weeks ago, all you had to catch security on side, can get down, game over?
Speaker 2: You know what? This is my turn. I got the ball tucked high and tight. I'm out of here. I'm going for a touchdown. That's another number, and then and then this time, and I feel.
Speaker 5: So bad for my guy. I don't want to butcher his name all over. Ala Wari, Halla Wari. I don't want to Ali Wari. Come on, man, what did you think was gonna happen? You gonna you gonna Scooper score? Make a couple of guys miss high step into the end zone.
Speaker 2: Because this is an issue.
Speaker 4: And they said it good on the Dallas Cowboys broadcast and they were talking about something else, but Babe Loockpers said, problems you can fix issues are not fixable.
Speaker 2: We have special teams issues. As you look at this whole season.
Speaker 4: And when I saw the play, I posted on social media. This is how bad teams get beat. What have we seen about the Kansas City Chiefs the last month?
Speaker 2: They keep fighting.
Speaker 5: That's what good teams. They don't beat themselves.
Speaker 4: That's what a super Bowl team is. We're gonna figure it out. You know, it ain't looking good, but we're gonna sneak out of the bear trap. You too young to remember this, but back in the day, remember the Boston Celtic's always found some kind of way to win a game. Larry Birds and DJ just right here, like god it again, don't come on it. That's what they do. Just hate Duke basketball still do by the way and win. That's what they do. That's what the good teams do. I'm doug on it. Pittsburgh Steelers, Patriots Super fourteen, like they going down. They're going down to the rams and you know what, boom snuck out of it. Next thing you Star Wars. The good ones do that. The bad ones do this last night. So that's what happened when I saw the punt block, and then okay, It's not just the block the punt and then you touch it and then they get the ball back.
Speaker 2: It's the forty touchdown passed.
Speaker 5: I was give it. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. Now I got to ask this question because I know your man is the one out in LA, but yesterday you had a front row seat to actually see Joe Burrow. We've had this Joe Burrow discussion on this show several times. Barry Church after actually seeing the surgery with no anesthesia that was performed yesterday.
Speaker 2: But Joe Burrow, what say you? What say you up about? Cool Joe? Not Joe cool cool Joe.
Speaker 5: He's unreal. Yeah, he's the way he was. Michael Parsons and them dudes was breathing down.
Speaker 2: His back the entire game.
Speaker 5: This man had As soon as he snapped the ball, I gotta make something move And it wasn't like he was scrambling the way he manipulated.
Speaker 2: The pocket and was able to step up.
Speaker 5: And I know number ones down there somewhere, and the how many comebacks can you get beat?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, look at the time you look, but I need you to go further. It's not just that Okay, it's not just the comebacks. Man, you have been here.
Speaker 4: We've been preaching Borough for years. Okay, But what I want to hear you say is after you saw it live. Yeah, yeah, for sure and in person. Yeah, that Joe Burrow is better than Justin Herbert. That's what I need you to see.
Speaker 5: I say that, but I mean he's unreal. Come on in a man's five and eight, man, come on that. Okay, best receiver with that offensive line with no coaching. We seen them do it before.
Speaker 2: Man took them to a Super Bowl three years and had the ball.
Speaker 4: In his hands going down the field until the old line got exposed and somebody they decided that Aaron Donald wasn't worth double team.
Speaker 2: I don't know who did that. Joe Burrow is elite. Justin Herbert is good. Joe Burrow is Burrow is elite.
Speaker 5: Let me just say, let me let me say that I leave because I'm not gonna open that. I'm not gonna argue with you because I know how you, I know how your loyalty flows, so I'm not gonna do that to the show.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say this.
Speaker 5: You can't no, no, no, no, if the if the Bengals defense was twenty percent better. The Bengals would be a problem today in the AFC.
Speaker 2: All right, they'd be back in the super Bowl again.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, based off, based off of what I see with Joe Burrow in Cincinnati. There there are two great quarterbacks in the NFL. Joe Burrow is one of them, and the other guy you can't even argue with. Just I'm sitting out there watching, I'm telling my son. With me and my son, we're at the game, and I took his phone, give me your phone, but I put this one.
Speaker 2: You need to see this right, This is surgery.
Speaker 8: Son.
Speaker 2: Do you see this? He throwing the ball. He's throwing the ball.
Speaker 5: Before the receiver even comes out of his break and make you ask yourself, what the hell who are he throwing to? And in this industry we try and put cumps together all the time.
Speaker 2: Who is the COUMP for this guy?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: This guy isn't?
Speaker 5: There is no there's no one to compare. And you be doing yourself disservice to all those greats as well, because this young man is absolutely off the charts when it comes down to arm strength, his ability to maneuver the pocket, uh, throwing on the run, throwing state, I mean stationary, all of that his receivers.
Speaker 2: If I'm a receiver in the national.
Speaker 5: In college, I pray to God that you come to the to the podium and tell me to go to Cincinnati, then I'm going because of the way, I mean Yoshi or whoever the Yoshi vash see, Higgins.
Speaker 2: Left a lot of food on his plate. Did he even get a catch? He did? But how many did he drop?
Speaker 4: This is what I've always found interesting about Joe Burrow. How good were those practices that Dwayne Haskins beat him out at Ohio?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? How what was that like?
Speaker 4: Is they were going in practice and just like yeah, bruh, you're good. But but we going with him? And you know, Haskins was at Ohio's date. I forget what prose Ohio State was putting it on. So nobody was like, hey man, you know Joe Burrow left. Nobody cried he have a right up on it. It was just it was just Joe Burrow.
Speaker 7: L s U.
Speaker 2: Now, so did they bring up this? Uh? My buddy was coaching in Texas.
Speaker 4: He was dB coach in Texas when LSU went down there at Austin. They played a great game, okay, bothing back and forth, and so Pace tells me the next day, like in the film session charm Hermit just killing them all, gosh.
Speaker 2: Ain't no good, no coaching, just wanting to bench fla me. He just all of it. And my boy did he because hey, man, they're good. This dude is I mean, he's.
Speaker 4: Just addressing him, going crazy, and he's like, those are NFL guys, and lo and behold the end of the year average fifty, you know, arguably the greatest offensive football team of all time.
Speaker 2: Burrow wins the Heisman, you know, chases chases.
Speaker 9: The first Jeffers so fair think about running back is the first round and Dom Herman went out there and just killed my boy to dB coach mad as hell at him and he's and he's.
Speaker 4: Literally, they're good, man, This was a really good team. Like they're going to do this all year long. And then come to find out, ya, Herman got.
Speaker 2: They did to all pro corners yesterday, all Pro Pro Bowl good players. These are all.
Speaker 5: Pro And you, as a former defensive back, you look at the job that Digs and Bland and Lewis did.
Speaker 2: They was fighting to the right.
Speaker 4: There the ball place, the wide receiver pack tipped to the defense man was there, and they could have got to fifty every time.
Speaker 5: Hold it out there you see arms rubbing over it, just holding out step out of bounds.
Speaker 4: The first you tell me when you saw the first touchdown, I said to myself, he's just good. The Chase is just good. It's and obviously you know because you were an NFL dB. Hey man, sometimes it's just man that he's just good. It's kind of like, you know, hey, you put all this defense on Jordan, Oh, Michael, okay, whatever, Nothing I could do.
Speaker 2: He just good. Ball placement is there. It's accurate, like a Treitman football. It is accurate. He's Jamar Chase.
Speaker 4: He just there's nothing digs like I'm not looking at these like, oh man, you stink no, no, that that's this is what great And we don't see we actually maybe the worst elite because this is like you you know, you top three, like you chas is it there? You can't he there cowboys at all. They could do Mike Zimmers even they did their job, But at.
Speaker 2: What point are you gonna double the man? Like that's what we say. We did all he could do. Man, you it was blind.
Speaker 5: I understand they're all pros and they got to suit up to the challenge.
Speaker 2: I get it, But.
Speaker 5: At what point are you like, man, look one underneath one over top. We're playing nine on the level because nobody else was doing anything. Yoshi put a couple of catches here and there. See Higgins ain't had nothing. Like, At what point.
Speaker 2: Are you saying, you know what, this dude is unstoppable.
Speaker 5: We're gonna put a corner right underneath them at a safety on top because I'm looking, at what point? At one point you gotta treat this man like this dude is like mass out here right now to us, Like, y'all see that y'all was there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy in Texas.
Speaker 5: Second, at what point are you like cause the game win the forty yarders?
Speaker 2: It was blad in Chase, but because when he missed that tackle, there was nobody else over there. You at what point are you like? You know prior to side boy, you get double team.
Speaker 5: I don't care if the corners are they're saying, I want this, I want going to You don't want this challenge, you don't want to come on over. I'd have been like, I'm on top, bro, yeah out here what you say?
Speaker 2: You're right?
Speaker 4: I still think that defense like that was enough. They did enough, like a defense, the defense they did. The offense, the play calling, that's your issue there. Let's get a break break. We can talk about the offense and the play calling. We must talk about Marion Overshown. Yes, the UH, the linebacker who missed his rookie year with a knee injury, now has another one. It's tough, tough for him. He was he was having an outstanding UH campaign. We'll do it next with Heck Maharrison Barry Church on newly Strugs. This is the players note brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys Gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem gambling helpline at one eight hundred gambler. That's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Prescott keats it slides for the first down.
Speaker 11: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 3: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whitball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: The most electrifiing event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant is back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday and Saturday night from November twenty second through December twenty first for the spectacular holiday show with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, Rhythm and Blue Rowdy, Santa Claus, and a surprise tree lighting appearance from your favorite Cowboy heroes. Best of all, the show is free. For more details, visit the Stardistrict dot com. Don't miss out on the holiday match.
Speaker 2: Free free free, free, free cyt.
Speaker 4: I can't say the players last brought to you by Ristocrat. Thank you, Heck Mahrison for the very Church from the Cowboy Safety.
Speaker 5: I'm new.
Speaker 2: We stretched all right.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati went to twenty seven twenty when we did the pics, I had Cincinnati thirty one twenty seven. Church, you had Cincinnati thirty five twenty one. Heck, you had Dallas twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 2: Sh I was right there, right right there, waiting. I had ready ann to put out. He was like he turn on the store about here.
Speaker 5: He was getting Walter White out there. Boy, y'all was nervous. Y'all was nervous. Was nervous, double thud like. I was like, Oh, they're really about to.
Speaker 2: Chase going in there? God him, so.
Speaker 5: Come back over. I was with Michael second, let get out of here. He was from out of here.
Speaker 4: Friday year, Yes, Friday, put Michael from out of here.
Speaker 5: Man came, I've done that in the park a couple of times. Take my body, Goren. I don't know how you're gonna play, but I'm gone, I'll go to leave it. We did our NFA picks. I missed two games last week. Wrong on Arizona Seattle because I took Arizona and I took took Josh Allen and lost in that RAM game.
Speaker 2: I think I tooked und Church.
Speaker 4: You took the Rams, but you were wrong because you took the charges over Kansas City.
Speaker 2: And you took call of duty and you lost the game.
Speaker 4: Heck, but you were rolling, but then you picked Buffalo as well, and then you picked the Cowboys, so we both lost two games.
Speaker 2: I was rolling, well, I went with my hearts. I ain't doing They didn't put me all the way to the edge. The Bengals are who we thought they were. Let them out the hook.
Speaker 5: One play away, one play away had it one. After all of that, after all of that, after all of that, Joe bro were talking about Jamar Chase, after all of that surgery, after all of that, after my man, Cooper Rush is disappearing.
Speaker 2: He was off fault. He was bad. He was bad. The first drive.
Speaker 5: I was like, you know what, he make it look a little easy. Look he was missing wide open. You were there, you didn't get the TV copy. You was watching it, like, yo, he's missing. He's comming. I mean strength man, like you saw his balls just kind of fluttering.
Speaker 2: There's no like zip, y'all see it, there's no zip to it. Off.
Speaker 5: He could have had about three picks, yes, yes, that and the one in the on the gold in the red zone. I mean four bangles over there. I had a chance at it.
Speaker 4: Let's have let's have a quick conversation about let's do it. He's a free agent.
Speaker 5: After I said, man, he's a solid back, like he's one of he gotta be one of the top backups international Football League.
Speaker 2: If you if he's not.
Speaker 5: A guy that's gonna come in and save your season like we saw obviously this year, but spot duty, he can come and get you a victory or two or three. So I think he's a decent backup. You know, he's just not a guy that can be the franchise.
Speaker 4: Last night, he needed him to be better and he wasn't. He needed you needed this and this was this was a bad defense.
Speaker 2: Now, thank you.
Speaker 5: That's the point. Okay, that's the point. It's not we don't ask you to do this versus Baltimore. We're not asking you to I mean, this is a they were gettable. They were gettable and and oh my God, you running.
Speaker 2: Rico Dattle was going crazy? What eighteen one thirty one for Rico? Are you kidding?
Speaker 5: We were talking about balance, We were talking about balance all last week. How this could you couldn't get into a shootout. You maintained according to script, you did everything that you needed to do. What happens too late in the game where you come out and you blunder those possessions.
Speaker 2: Cooper was all you was offul Man. He couldn't hit, he couldn't hit nothing. He was awful.
Speaker 5: I'll get he was awful, you know, and in a backup situation, but he's a backup quarterback. And at the end of the day, it was a blunder on specialty. You know, if Ala wal don't go in there and try to be Superman.
Speaker 2: But you're both correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're correct about the punt and heck's correct about you was awful, Coop us. This is a bad defense and so this is this is where you're supposed to get this done against a bad defense.
Speaker 2: And if you can't do it here, are you going to keep investing in this or do you.
Speaker 4: Decide to go look at what else where else can we go and try to improve on this.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm with you. I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying Trey Lance is the answer. But at some point in time, now this thing is done. You're five and eight.
Speaker 2: Thus wrap.
Speaker 4: So so as you start to look at twenty five, how are you going to Jerry talked about when he's still trying to stick a rush?
Speaker 2: But for what? Right for who? For what? For who? For what?
Speaker 4: I mean, figure out what what do you have so you can do something with this position. But you just did not see enough. This is a bad football team defensively, the Bengals were bad defense.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta be able, like you said, you gotta be able to take advantage.
Speaker 2: And I feel like man.
Speaker 5: Because McCarthy, I feel like he was pushing or dialing the right buttons out there. I mean, play call was shaky. But the run game, they had a balance attack. You Rico got his fill out there. I think he had like a buck thirty something on the ground or it was a balanced attack. Cooper, he just he didn't have his best game. He did not have his best game by far. But I feel like they did enough offensively and defensively against a team like the Bengals.
Speaker 2: That's averaging thirty some points a game.
Speaker 5: You hold them until that last chase, you hold them to twenty points.
Speaker 2: You go in there and get the block specialty. But go back to what Happen has been saying throughout the game.
Speaker 4: If Cooper Rush is able to take some advantage of some of these opportunities.
Speaker 2: You're not even in this game. You're not even.
Speaker 5: It's not as close as it is because you're driving on this defense, You're you're moving up and down the field. You're just not able in points out the ball. Yeah, stab yourself, you know, because you you put yourself in a position where you cost him. And I think any quarterback where this salt understands ball security when you get down to the red zone is foremost not that it isn't the whole game, but especially in those situations but late in the game. And that's why, like for Mike McCarthy, I'm just like, you can't separate him from the office because he's the play caller.
Speaker 2: He's the play caller. So when you're the play call.
Speaker 5: In that situation, and we had to go back to these decisions where your office is struggling, but you're still throwing the ball, Like come on, Mike, I understand.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I could feel that the add of pressure.
Speaker 5: Even when the roof was open, I could still feel the pressure that you was under. But come on, now, turn and hand that ball to Rico Dalo because he's rewarding you. Our offensive line is a makeshift offensive line. Cooper BB goes out with the concussion in the first half, and he was having a hell of a game. Brock Hoffman, for all the titles and everything that they put on him trying to build him up, dude, dude comes in and plays center and does it. Still does a damn good job and playing the center position, and still your offense is rolling. But in those moments right there, we asked the best of the best. I asked you, I said, man, what is it why you can't why you can't hook your kaboos to this coaching staff. He was like, in those moments, it's the moments that you're looking for, and it's that moment, that very slim moment right there where you had a chance to make a difference in this game, in the play call and probably cost you down the stretch.
Speaker 4: And that's when you get back to the conversation about a Cooper Rush, you want to sign up for another year of this? And you look at Mike McCarthy, do you want to sign up for more of this? These are the questions that you have to ask. This was a gettable game against an elite quarterback. I just and you couldn't get it cut. But this is what bad teams do.
Speaker 2: Canshoo this question though.
Speaker 5: You know, we look at talent, and we look at Cincinnati what they have on offense and their receiving corps, guys like T Higgins, Joe Shi Vash and in their tight end man, we don't aside from CD Lamb, who else is it? Who else is there that you could say can take some of the pressure off of coverage for a guy like CD. Even if what you're talking about, what you're saying with Jamar Chase, why didn't they double Jamar Chase? Well, you don't double Jamart because you know T Higgas gonna go crazy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I'm just hell, but.
Speaker 5: It's gonna happen. Somebody gonna get this. You know, you have a quarterback that's willing to do it. But when you have a quarterback that's struggling and he's trying to find guys, and he's definitely trying to find the main target, which is Cede Lamb.
Speaker 2: Who else is there?
Speaker 5: I mean, you're just not getting any production from anybody else, not numbered eighty eight.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 4: I thought I thought Brad Sham did a real nice job. But telling the truth about Jay October, he's like, hey man, that's been disappointing. Yeah, he said after the camp he expected him to do more. He thought he could be a number two. It's like he's not number three, number two, and he hasn't been that guy. But I go back to what many of those who had been out at camp had been saying, it's CD and the Maybies, it's not. This is not it and you know one of those great Stephen Jones on it. We like our guys, Brandon Cooks is he was injured and let's just be honest. That's been a nine million dollar bad that's been bad money right there. Cooks has not been the player you thought he was going to be. Tolbert not the players you thought he was gonna be. So you're two and three have failed you. And then everything else they were trying to put behind that has not worked out either. That's that is so so for the the amount of criticism Dak Prescott got he's not this, He's not that.
Speaker 2: It's been CD and the Maybies and the media has said it. The media who who? Who questioned? What are you doing? The running back spot?
Speaker 4: Why did it take so long for you to say, Hey, Rico Daddell, here's some more care. Why did it take so long to say, hey, let's get Turpin involved offensive?
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: As much as I stood on the table for Mike last year and the job he did, I have to be fair in my assessment and say, you know what this this this year has been a regression. You can try and argue about what the carpenter's tools are, but at some point in time you got to use the tools, and you're finding out way too late some of the tools that you need.
Speaker 2: We go down on one thirty one last night.
Speaker 4: I know the Bengals defense isn't good, but where could you have been if you had been trying to give this young man more opportunities?
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 4: Where were you at and not realizing that what Comante Turpin is doing now these opportunities, this is what he been doing to TCU. They've been giving the guy the football in space and letting him just be a mismatch nightmare.
Speaker 2: That's what they gotta get.
Speaker 5: Get back to screens, slants, the little buff the sweeps with some don't give this man a lie down down the field.
Speaker 2: How many times have we.
Speaker 5: Seen one on one they're gonna throw it up the turbine like he's six ' five, which he was.
Speaker 2: They did it again last week, and I'm I'm just saying, and I don't Mike knows the personnel. I know he knows this, but who's drawing that up four or five eight receiver?
Speaker 4: This is this is what this is. This is what gets you. This is what this is how you say goodbye bye. You're helping yourself.
Speaker 5: Cannot understanding. Look, it's taking ric o'doddo regardless how you found. I'm not trying to down anybody. I'm just saying thirteen. It's taking him thirteen games. He has been the source of a lot of frustration of just not being able to see and identify the whole and get through it. His running style was not made for this offensive line he's had because the blocking hadn't got better. You had you didn't have a better offensive line. Out there yesterday, right, So I mean, what what changed about ric o'dado in this game that you didn't see in the Detroit game? That you didn't see it? So that's all I'm saying. Look, I think he's doing he's running better. Matter of fact, his running style I think fits perfectly to the offensive line that he has. But man, come on, now, let's just let's not act like rick o'daldo started the season off hot like this, carrying the ball like what I'm seeing right now I wish I saw at the beginning of the season. Is all I'm saying. The rhythm that he's getting into now he looks like a damn better running back now.
Speaker 4: So I come back to this, It's about opportunities Church, you played this game. It's about being able to play, get opportunities and get a rhythm as a running back goes none of what they did this year at the running back position from the start.
Speaker 2: Can't argue with that. I can't argue what's the plan, strategy?
Speaker 4: You come the strategy, you get the strategy, and it's just like m and so by the time you figured out.
Speaker 2: What it is you want to do, you're late in the game and you're just.
Speaker 5: Like or Or you figure out that Brandon Cooks is a step slower he's supposed to be to take the top off threat.
Speaker 4: Now he hurt you know, he hurt me, hurt so and and Tolbert. You know, look, man, you got your.
Speaker 2: Opportunities, the opportunity you didn't do anything with it. So yeah, it's it's it's.
Speaker 4: This is the kind of stuff that Jerry has to look at the end of the year and make a decision on do I want more years of this? And if I do, how do I change it? How do I improve the roster so he's better? Yeah, they're guys. I mean right now, you can't bring back Randon Cooks.
Speaker 2: No, you can't bring him back.
Speaker 4: If Jalen Tolbert comes back, he needs to be looked at as a number three, not not as a the dude on the other side of cdee lamb.
Speaker 2: So you have you you need a number two wide receiver. You're running back room.
Speaker 4: You can bring Rico Daddle back, but you can't bring back EZEKIELI.
Speaker 2: It no, No, I mean it's you need you need more help in that room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, you do. Can we say something about over shown let's let's hit a y, hit the breaking. Come back this, let's hit the breaking and dive in, dive into what.
Speaker 2: Happened to that forefront receiver?
Speaker 7: No like that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: What do you already already very check players lout brought you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas.
Speaker 7: Brown Hey, Danny mccraig here for Smoothie King. You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout, buddy, so you focused on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new COCOMs movie bows only a Smoothie Ky, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their tea, tame, spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag Beer Own Boss.
Speaker 13: Raising Caines presents the other rules of Football. Rule one, Any broadcast without the express edition of Cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkled cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Kains when it comes to winning Game Day Caines rules raising canes, chicken fingers one love Go.
Speaker 3: Cowboys to the Players.
Speaker 5: Loude capture a frame worthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Sama will be spreading holiday cheer at the Cowboys themed cottage in the Star District from November twenty second through the twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head to the Star District dot com slash Santa.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Het Harrison, you're the players. I bought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Cowboys lose twenty seven twenty to the Cincinnati Bengals on.
Speaker 2: Jerry World scraped. I was bringing that back. I see Barry.
Speaker 4: Churchway safeties here as Church tried to Warren Heckman, don't do it, get on it, stay away one play away, one play away.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Olive, my man. That's why you get off that narcotic sir. I tried, I tried. You knew they were going to I was I was good for a long time. Then in two wins, like did anybody interview my mask? Alli like and just asking like.
Speaker 5: Man, what No, they escorted him out. I think they got you know, they got him away from the media.
Speaker 2: What would you like, come on?
Speaker 5: Would there would have been There was nothing that he could have said after of that game that would have satisfied you. And I'm glad that they didn't put him in front of what could he have said? Barry that Barry Church would have been like, you know what, I could see that man, that's one of the thought process, like saw the ball towards me, you know, and activating there talking about he said his back was thirty you know he saw the ball, Why.
Speaker 2: Why go attack the ball? This matrix? So what happened? Does anybody get out of fire?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: That he went at the ball though. This is how man, this is how this is how bad.
Speaker 5: It ain't like it bounced at him, like he just couldn't get out the way he went at the ball.
Speaker 2: Man, his opportunity this I got this, we got like like fat Joe got that.
Speaker 5: Y'all got that job because like I even if it didn't get blocked and the punter shanked it.
Speaker 2: You still not get away from it. Get away from it.
Speaker 4: I got this you know by the way they're showing the replay right now right here in the studio or rat the Cooper Rush interception with CD lamb and clearly he thought CD was doing something else because there was a miscommunicator.
Speaker 2: He got bumped right here if you.
Speaker 5: See a twenty seven bumpy mob and then he threw it, so he thought, I mean he threw it before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was it and he threw it back after the back city is hurt.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: That should ain't that should ain't right. He's soldiering right now.
Speaker 5: Then if you saw him on that jet sweep when that one was like when he got down, he's trying to.
Speaker 2: He didn't want no smoke.
Speaker 5: He was not gonna try and muscle another yard because of that shoulder. That is I don't know, man, Hey the eye in the sky donline. So I know they said they sit down today or they're off to day. Whenever they sat down and gonna watch this film. There's gonna be causes in effect for that one. And maybe it was because CD didn't try and run. They're gonna be circling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this, this is not what we want, right, It's not what we want. That ball into three Bengals, Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Jerry Jones did his Tuesday hit on one O five three, the fan of flagship station for the Dallas Cowboys, and he came out and he said, Domoro Overshowon is going to have surgery.
Speaker 2: He's going to miss the rest of this season. And basically Jerry Sam may not see him until twenty twenty six. I could see that.
Speaker 4: So with the he's the other knee, not the need that he lost his rookie or on, but another knee in just different places.
Speaker 2: And just, man, this is bad.
Speaker 4: And I think I can speak for all three of us, and I think I could speak for Cowboy nation. This is a young man who you really had high hopes for that you thought was going to be another piece to go along with the Michael Parsons and this was going to be the future of the team. And this you hate it for the young man who's a positive young man. You hated, You just hated for the process of what you're building for and thinking in twenty twenty five. Hey, Marian Overshown is going to be more experienced because this is really his first year playing. This guy was playing well.
Speaker 2: This hurts.
Speaker 5: It hurts big time because you could just see the juice he was bringing on the football field, like I mean, just any type.
Speaker 2: Of play, tackle, big play.
Speaker 5: He's getting people amped up with it as just how he is on the football field, and you need that type of player with you on the team, somebody that hey, when we're starting to slow, let me go ahead, jump start this.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what he was bringing to the table. And it sucks because each.
Speaker 5: Week he was just getting better and better and more confident, making plays left and right and really becoming a leader on that defense. And then you just hate to see this type of thing happen to a young man out there, already lost his rookie season toil. I believe the left a CL or the right and now the other need you know, the reports are saying he tore all three MCL pc L A c L And it's just like, man, that rehab is going to be tough, man, especially knowing that you you know, more than likely won't be ready for that next season. It's just like, man, it's a long road, man, and the light at the end of the tunnel is a long way away, man, So you know, god speed to him, you know, you know, hope his mentals is all right and he's able to soldier through this and maybe have a great bounce back.
Speaker 2: But man, this is where you need your teammates. This is where you need guys to you know, check up in on you.
Speaker 5: Because when you I've been there, I've been you know, Achilles shoulder, where I'm out for the whole season, it becomes dark, man, it becomes real dark. But you gotta have those guys that come in and check up on you and make you still feel like you're a part of the team. And you know, hopefully those with the guys in the locker room will be able to do that for him. But you know, god speed and hopefully he's able to recover from this brutal injury.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: Be I take from what you just said really one word, and that's the leader, a young man that came in really trying to find his place on this defense, with a defense that already had bona fide leaders on it. And sometimes it's just the opportunity to lead and when you get it, if you take advantage of it, then you don't have to do it by talking. It could be from your actions and everything he did. It didn't have anything to do with nothing he said out of his mouth. It was the way that he was playing on the field and he was putting the work in. And that's what I think I respect more than anything about the Marvin Overshonn is that he didn't try and make it about him last season, an injury, none of that. He came in here, he just did the work and just wanted to be a part of the team, the routine, and everybody around here started saying, damn, who.
Speaker 2: Do you see number thirteen?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Who is number thirteen?
Speaker 5: The Marvin overshan did that all by himself. And then you started to hear when Michael went down after week four with it with the injury. God's like number thirteen being people saying, Nah, the Marvin Overshaan's carrying things. He's the one that's stepping up. He's the one that's in the team meetings. And to me, like I look to where you got to and you understand what it means to have to miss that time and be a part of this. People that are away from football that paid any football the one thing they always say, what do you miss the most? The locker room, the camaraderie, what you get from having that fellowship amongst you know, football players. And that's why when things come out of the locker room like you're saying in Philadelphia, you know, you say to yourself, like, damn, you know, that's not normal because usually the locker room is sacred. You know, we don't let things come out of that. But when you get a young man that earns the respect of the entire locker room and veteran leadership that talks, that speaks to him. And my thing is, look, the injury is catastrophic.
Speaker 2: I was there. I saw it.
Speaker 5: It looked bad, right you saw that the Willison. I don't know if you ever saw the Willis McGahee injury in the Ohio State. That was one of those injuries that when you saw it in real time, you said to yourself, I don't know if this young man will ever play football player again again because of the way, because of the way happen. Then next thing, you know, Willis mcgahey is in the league. He's having production as a running back. And you know, but right now it may seem grim, and then it may not be a situation. And look, man, you know they say God don't make mistakes, not to get religious on y'all, but I still believe in that. And I believe that a young man of his caliber, of his background, and his family and everybody that's got him and everybody around here is going to, you know, form themselves around him and be a support system for him because he is a quality young man. And if he can make it back from this, because I don't know if he can make it back from this, I think this will be a testimony of like none anybody's ever seen. Because he is a fine young man. He's a fine young man. And I was gutted for him last night. And when they especially when they start talking about the severity of the injury, right kind of.
Speaker 4: Guy, So Church, And what's the process like when you go through another indict It's one thing to get hurt for the first time, but you've done it again. So what's the mentality for him and how does he keep how does he win the mental game?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm telling you now, his mentality when he was on the field was probably like man, not again, not like this, because that's exactly what I was thinking when I did my achilles.
Speaker 2: I just looked down, just like man, not like this.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: It can't go out like this. So at first you're in kind of self denial, self doubt, just like, man, what did I do? I Why do I deserve this?
Speaker 5: But and looking at a tweet he had, you know right after the game, you know, I'm one of God's strongest soldiers.
Speaker 2: And you know I got I have a bounce back.
Speaker 5: So he already has that right mentality in him and the hard worker I've already seen on the football field, the way he was able to bounce back from his first ACL injury. I know he's going to put the work in. He's going to attack this rehab. It's not going to be like, oh man, I got to go through this again. He's going to attack it. And those guys over in the training room, Britt Brown and those guys are some of the best international football leagues, so they'll be able to get him back to the strongest he's possibly ever been. But he has to have that right mentality of I'm going to attack this. I'm not going to let this defeat me, and you haven't the last of overshown. I believe that's the type of young man he is.
Speaker 2: So good luck to him. Personnel department has dealt a blow because you thought, you, hey, you've got two good linebackers here in terms of a Parsons and an overshown. And I was even wondering if they decide to switch defenses next year, you know, do you start to look at the three four because you had two good guys there to pressure players. And so this is a setback.
Speaker 4: So they're going to have to go out and now address this position because it would be irresponsible to just think about him being on your team in twenty five.
Speaker 2: This is tough.
Speaker 4: So you got to hope the young man get ready for twenty six and he can be better, but you've got to go ahead and fill this need here. So it's another blow for this personnel department here is they're going to have to go ahead and try and figure out how how do you make this football team work at that position?
Speaker 2: All right? Out of time?
Speaker 4: Heck Ma Harrison, sir, appreciate you, Barry Church appreciating that. Yeah, genty yeah, that's right, genty genty.
Speaker 2: That's over with. It's curtageenty capus.
Speaker 4: Maybe a cowboy who knows play STI brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. We'll dive into that tomorrow. Let's dive into that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh, Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.