Speaker 1: Welcome back to I Do Part two. It's your favorite golden goal. Susan Knowles and Kathy Schwartz. We're stepping in and we love being here on I Do Part two.
Speaker 2: We certainly do. It's not our first time. Hey, everybody, welcome back. Today. We've got to unpack all the divorce related news in the headlines here.
Speaker 1: Oh got it. There's so many people, what the hell is in its holiday time and everyone's getting divorced telling.
Speaker 2: It's either some people pass away or they're announcing separations and divorces. I can't win, all right, So let's talk right about this one.
Speaker 1: Let's start jump right in.
Speaker 2: Jerry O'Connell and John Stamos taking a selfie together. Now that's news.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but wait, let's talk about it. I mean they were Jerry O'Connell was is married now to Rebecca Romain. He okay, Stamos was married to Rebecca Romaine years ago, Like, can we please get over it? Can we?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: He did want to read his memoir. That was like a big deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, wait, I gotta say I think Jerry O'Connell not reading Stamus John Stamis's memoir is brilliant. Look what has gone on with our season with Gary Turner and his memoir and Teresa like, it's just mud slinging. So I think probably a good point.
Speaker 2: One's on one podcast, bad mounted the other because she don't know what's in the book yet. I mean, it goes on and on. But these two, okay, right of this, actually I think make amends. And of course Mandel takes all the credit.
Speaker 1: Well because Howie Mandel had the party. But wait a minute, John Stamos had a dui in twenty fifteen. Okay, your kids. You know we we as parents, we've been down that road with our kids. Here's the thing. John Stamos blamed Romaine, he blamed his Yeah, hated her like it's her fault. What did she do inject the alcohol into his vein? So I have a problem with that. But here's the thing. I love that they've came together. It just shows you that you can get it together, you can finally come back.
Speaker 2: I think Stamos admitting eventually that he had some part of play in the split, and he started he even had quote she wasn't the maybe I was as much to blame as her.
Speaker 1: Finally, Susan the operative word. Maybe I'm going to go with, yes, you were. But you know what, here's the deal. Divorce sucks, it happens. It happens for a reason. I think that uh O'Connell shared some words. He said, you know, gorgeous family and gorgeous people. And the picture has John Stamos on one side, the lovely lady in the middle, and O'Connell on the side. So you know what is it? All's well? That ends well? Is that? What is that? Where we are?
Speaker 2: Do you agree that Jerry was standing up for his wife by not reading the memoir or what are your thoughts on that? Because people are saying you know this, that and the third?
Speaker 1: I think, what do you think it was he was?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's his wife, he's talk trash. He don't know what's in that reading it. I believe he was standing up for his one.
Speaker 1: Well, now you know, you and I always agree and disagree, and here we're gonna I'm going to go with it's like he couldn't be bothered reading it. I mean, he just could not be bothered to read it. Is it stand up for his wife? Maybe? I mean I would like to think that is the case. He's got a golf game at six, and he had to choose between reading the book. He had to read the book or go golfing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Howie. You can take the credit if he wants, since you had the party, I'm really happy that they all did this finally.
Speaker 1: Can I just say it took a little bit of time, So thank you, Howie Mandel. The only problem I have? You know the problem I have, Susan. Yeah, he didn't invite us to his birthday.
Speaker 2: Bring you together with somebody.
Speaker 1: Let's go through. Okay, so the picture, it's for all of us to see. We've got John Stamos on the right, we got Caitlin in the middle, and we have Jerry O'Connor on the left. It is out there forever and a day. The three are now friends at.
Speaker 2: Least that we can all smiling.
Speaker 1: And that is the point. All right. We got to move on to my favorite couple, and I'm it's actually the saddest one. Susan. Nicole Kidman shares her personal update amid keith urban divorce. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: One can tell you how shocked I thought they were like the perfect little couple. I'm serious.
Speaker 1: Tell me why because they're just perfect together, and she's feeling like she.
Speaker 2: Keeps a low profile. She doesn't want a lot of people to know her business.
Speaker 1: They're talking about she's an oscar winner. She's more famous than.
Speaker 2: Profile about her marriage and her home life.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me just say these two were married almost twenty years. They have two children together. They're both fifty eight years old. They have two girls, a seventeen year old and a fourteen year old. I don't know about you, Susan, but the last thing I wanted would be to have a child at forty one and at forty five. And she has two kids from Tom Cruise, who I think in their thirties. So let's talk about what that is like.
Speaker 2: All, look at my daughter had one. Later, When you're with a second husband and they want a child, you do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you do it. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm all happy for you, but would do it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. Okay, But here's the thing. I've done a little research, and I love I mean, Big Little Eyes, my favorite TV show. I think Nicole Kidman is such a talented actress. I love that she's taller than he is, and she wore it proudly all those things. But if you look back, he credits Keith Urban, credits Nicole Kidman with his recovery. He has been sober I think since like two thousand and five, two thousand and six, a long time, And he credits Nicole. She's been the glue of that family, and any of us strong women know what it's like to be the glue for our family.
Speaker 2: Right, women are the blue women have the strength.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's talk about that. What do you think happened? Because the rumors are that he's dating some guitarist named Maggie in his bad.
Speaker 2: How about him changing the words to a song that what? That took me back?
Speaker 1: I know, but the rumors have it. You know, if you read the sheets that he's had, he's he's dipped. What's the expression, he's dabbled on the other side, you know, he's had a few affairs whatever. I don't want to say. Yeah, I think before Why do you think it? Because that's what I read in the tabloids, and and everything in the tabloids is true.
Speaker 2: You know that we don't think we read or see on social media. But I love that they're in agreement of the custody, like.
Speaker 1: She's not excuse me, agreement, she's got the kids. Let's count the days sick days. Yeah, and he gets them fifty nine. So what does that tell you? Is his copybook clean? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: They mutually signed off on a proposal that she gets them three hundred and six days and he gets them fifty nine. He's probably touring making music, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So you're excusing him not being a good parent because he's touring.
Speaker 2: On me say it was not being a good parent. But on old school, most most of the time children belong with their mothers.
Speaker 1: Well, well most of the time, not all, Susan, are you really we're gonna disagree this early end in this podcast. You don't believe in the fifty to fifty rule, and sometimes I do, yes, I always believe a dad is as important in a child's life.
Speaker 2: Dads don't have the time that moms do. All all though, today.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Nicole, I'm sorry, Susan, I got to interrupt to you. Nicole Kidman, I would argue, is a bigger star than Keith Urban. She works, she is an Oscar winner, she's got shows, she's got movies.
Speaker 2: But when someone says they mutually signed off on an agreement, he agreed to it, Kathy, So why would you like that.
Speaker 1: He agreed Susan clearly? Okay for all y'all listening. Susan, as you know, is divorced from her husband, Dicky Knowles, and they had a very easy time of their divorce. They agreed on most things. Newsfly. Most people don't have quite that amenable a divorce. And I'm guessing, I am guessing that Keith, there's probably some This is just the world according to Kathy. But you know, Kathy's always right. Always. I think that there were there was some infidelity going on over the time of their marriage, not just now. And I think the fact that Keith and Nicholl's kids are almost grown, they're getting there, that she said enough is enough. And I don't blame her if that's the case, If infidelity is the deal, I don't blame her for, you know, for saying see you later.
Speaker 2: And we're still in the same city, not in the same house.
Speaker 1: Right, so it's easy for the kids to go back and forth. But I got to say to you, you and I you know, I'm a hopeful romantic you're a hopeless romantic.
Speaker 2: Wait were you?
Speaker 1: Yes? Did you not see this guy? When Keith Urban gets his awards, he looks over at her, dreamy eyed and says, you know all to my beautiful wife, Nicole, And she sits there demure, blinking her eyes, her little doe eyes. I'm like, these two are going to put Hollywood to shame. They're going to make it forever.
Speaker 2: It's sad. It's so sad.
Speaker 1: It's so sad. Oh god, what's next. I don't even know Rachel, Rachel Zoe. Oh gosh, and get them filtered.
Speaker 2: But I loved her honesty and she says, I feel different on every level. And she's very honest about what she's dealing with. Okay, Bravo hit Rachel's project. Okay, we know that about her. She said, my goal is really to share the reality of my life and everyone's going through stuff. Isn't that true?
Speaker 1: Everybody's going through stuff. I got a bad haircut, I'm going through bad haircut. Here's the deal with Rachel. This is a direct quote. She is divorcing Roger Berman. She says, quote, I'm independent financially, professionally, and socially. And she says that is important for a woman, no matter and I don't not sure if she said this or some podcast she was on. She says, no matter what life throws at you, you have to be able to stand up on your own. Let me let me take issue that for one second.
Speaker 2: One more thing that she quote, I quote, you have to have your own things to wake up for every day, so you can't count on a man for your life. You have don't do it for yourself, and then you join somebody's life. I get it.
Speaker 1: I agree. Now that's Hollywood. Let's talk reality. Rachel is a very successful TV star. She has made a lot of money. She will continue, She's going back to reality TV. This is a woman who has resources. So while I agree with her that every woman should be independent financially, professionally and socially, that's not always the case, is it.
Speaker 2: Not all women are now some women depend on.
Speaker 1: Their husbands financially.
Speaker 2: Totally different.
Speaker 1: Divorce so well, but many divorces. I'm saying, in Hollywood, sometimes you have two power a power couple, right, and they can walk away and they're arguing over you know, who gets the horse and the stables and the and the maserati. I mean that that's Hollywood, but in reality, women unfortunately in our society sometimes don't have the upper hand because they've stayed home, they raise children.
Speaker 2: They have careers, absolutely, but we're talking about them and she's fine. But she says there that she wants to help other women, and her point is do your own thing, be stable financially. But not all women have careers. It's easy for her to say.
Speaker 1: That that's your singing my song, so you knows. As much as I agree philosophically with her point of view, I struggle because life throws a lot of things and a lot of us and women who have lots of kids who haven't had the education or haven't had the luck to have a great career, they are unfortunately must rely on the good either really good lawyer.
Speaker 2: Well look at mine for instance. I just said on our podcast the other day that I stayed in a marriage, but we weren't really together in our house for my children until they were old enough. And I'll never forget my son saying Mom, why did you wait so long? We know you're not happy because we didn't fight and things like that, but I thought it was best for my children to have both parents around, even though Dicky was all playing ball, and you know, it was just more stable. Was I right? Maybe not?
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you something, did you guys did you guys have a pre nup? Would you have done it now? Would you do it now? If you got married again.
Speaker 2: Have a prenup?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It depends on who I married. If he didn't need mine.
Speaker 1: Then what. I don't know. I just I just feel like in some of these marriages, one or the other makes more money, is more famous, and I feel like in this case, Rachel is the one with the bucks, and so it's very easy to make those statements, to make those statements. You know, every everybody's going through stuff. She's going through stuff with a lot of money, a lot of power.
Speaker 2: Because she's died up right now and she's on the on the good ride right now. You know what I'm saying. If she was at the end of her career or not having work or something, it might be a totally different well.
Speaker 1: And that's I think. I think it's easy for her to say, you have to be able to stand on your own, you just have to. I think throw you know a guy, let's let's say I know it never happens. But let's talk about a man who is has had some infidelity. Let's say in their marriage, it never happens. I know. But and and you know, you've got three kids under ten and you're running the girl Scout meeting because you don't you know, you don't have a career, because your career was being a mom. And I know that today a lot of women have careers and they have nanny's and all that.
Speaker 2: Most of Hollywood, if you will, every everyday couple you know that work and want to stay at home mom don't have a nanny.
Speaker 1: So I think that exactly their kids go to daycare. I don't know. I just think that that for her. You know, I don't even know who Roger Berman is. That's who she's divorcing. She's the big name here, not him, And so I think it's very easy for her to walk away.
Speaker 2: We haven't heard side, right.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. I bet there's more juicy details coming Susan because he ran her business. So let's find out what you know, there's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be more coming out of that story.
Speaker 1: All right, give me the next one. What do you got?
Speaker 2: And this next title is Scott Wolf Sharing of his estranged wife Kelly hugging son Miller and mid their divorce.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think about that?
Speaker 2: And he put out the instagram all kinds of tribute to Miller, who was turning thirteen on his birthday. I mean he I think he did a nice He's a teenage, A teenager now fastening our chin straps.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, here's the thing. Scott Wolf is a guy. I gotta be honest. I didn't watch his show. He was on Party of five. But here's the news there. He has got soul, physical and legal custody and the raining order and guess what else? He has sole use of the family home in Utah, which, by the way, Scott, if you're listening, I like to ski, give me a call. But he wished her happy birthday. This is the guy, I think again, I don't know. I'm not an insider here.
Speaker 2: But he also had a temporary restraining order against her.
Speaker 1: So what do you think is going on?
Speaker 2: Why are you wishing your happy birthday and posting all these things? If you don't want to near you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you why. My guess is Kelly has some serious mental health, maybe some alcohol issues going on and you know what, he's probably it's holiday time. He probably feels sorry. You know, she's maybe has some addictions. I my hat, I give him great props. I you know, I don't know if you have any of those issues in your family, But I grew up with an alcoholic stepfather. And it's tough and it's scary, and you know, can you imagine having a child and your spouse is alcoholic?
Speaker 2: Yes, addiction by what it is. But there's something, Yes, there's something another twenty one, It was twenty seven years. Yeah, that's a long time.
Speaker 1: But so here, let me just ask you a little interlude question here. How much do you think it takes for someone to walk away after twenty twenty five years? What do you think it takes? One thing? What do you think happens?
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes infidelity could start it, but personally, we didn't each other do anything wrong.
Speaker 1: We just are you right? You and Dickie?
Speaker 2: Yes, we grew separately in separate ways, and my likes and desires and wants and his were totally different. And that's how do you keep that gown? You agree to disagree, but then there comes a time where there's nothing in common any right, right, that's not a good marrons.
Speaker 1: So you know in my marriage, so you and are that's I mean, it's so funny. We're such good friends, but we've had such different backgrounds and we have such different lives because I was married almost forty six years before my husband took his life and marriage is never perfect. But he was a great guy. We have three kids, you know, we had the dog, the cat, the car, the picket fence, the whole bit. And yet we had issues too.
Speaker 2: Of everybody does everybody. There's not a perfect relationship. You're going to have disagreements.
Speaker 1: But here, yeah, I agree. Here is one of the differences. You and I were not and are not under a microscope. Our marriages were our marriages. These people everybody's watching them. Everybody's looking to see. Oh and when when when news comes of a dui.
Speaker 2: We're on TV? Everybody knows your business, like Kathy when we were on TV. What how about our emails and the and the messages and the statements that people write? Like social media can be a bitch it really.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree social media plays a role, but I think these people, if they're micro managed and micro viewed every move they take and photographed and then something imagine, you know, a guy steps out, they've got some video of it. Some I don't know. I think that would be hard to keep a marriage together when you're barraged with this happened, that happened.
Speaker 2: But then you have to if you're there, you how to understand that they know. Tabloids are tabloids. You know, people don't always print the truth. But I don't think that's the cause of any of these new divorces.
Speaker 1: You don't no.
Speaker 2: Why we just said this one. Obviously she's having some kind of an issue and he's protecting.
Speaker 1: His kids kids. Yeah, I know, I do what Yeah, I do feel sorry. You know, Kelly is saying he's one of the best dads she's ever met. I think, you know, mental health. I hate to say it, but it plays you know, it plays a role in my family. It plays a role in many families. And and I you know, I read these headlines and I think, how lucky are we that our life is not that public.
Speaker 2: Dicky was a major League baseball player, so we were watched, but nothing like being on television.
Speaker 1: Well, but when you guys were married, Susan, there was not the social media the attention. I mean literally, you know, the guy photographs you. It's on Instagram, It's on every.
Speaker 2: Social How about it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's got to be hard. Okay, So our next story is Candy Burris feels divorced from Todd Tucker. It's been brewing for a while. That's the headline.
Speaker 2: Holy smokes and My Housewives. I gotta love this.
Speaker 1: Okay, But how long is a while? This is what I want to know. How long is a while? What do you think about that? Well?
Speaker 2: First of all, I love the housewives?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so she was on just she was on the Housewives of Atlanta I think for like fourteen seasons. So she is divorcing Todd. She said that when she filed, you know, things have been up and down. I would say a lot more down than up. But the divorce has been a long time in coming. They were married, I believe eleven years. They've got got two kids who are nine and six. She has said repeatedly, the kids come first. Here's what I gotta say. Anybody who is in the limelight like she is, who can say, great, dad, I want an amicable divorce. The kids come first. I give her great props. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that tells me she wanted the divorce more so. I don't know why, but just because of that. And she came out with the Amazon Live Okay, confirming she filed on Friday, and she says it's been pretty crazy since then. Yeah, she's going to be very honest with us. She's up and down, but obviously going through a divorce is definitely not the easiest time. Well, I'll agree to that. No is easy, right, Sometimes you're cool and sometimes you're said, I mean, it's ups and downs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although she said, this is why I agree with you. I think it is her asking for the divorce, she said. She addressed the online reactions to her split, saying it's been quote hard and quote everyone's making their own narrative of what's going on, which tells me she's trying to take the high road. She doesn't want to give too many details. I really do give her great props, and you know why I do. She's got two young kids. It's not like some of these other couples that have grown children. They have a long time of co parenting.
Speaker 2: Come in their way, and did you read and this touchtne for me? When she said there are moments she wants to reply to these online comments. Do you know how many times that you get that negative? And she said I'm all over the place, later saying sometimes things just don't work out.
Speaker 1: Yes, but here's the thing. How long do you think that was going on? I mean, seriously, do you think more often than not people know divorces coming, or do you think people just sit in their own happiness? What do you think sit in their own happiness or unhappiness happiness?
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people realize it but don't act upon it right. They don't want to be the one and both of them might be feeling that until they come to their senses and share it with each other. But more times than not, it's usually one that wants out more than the other.
Speaker 1: That's funny. You say that. I mean again, I'm you're divorced. I'm not, but you got it. Let me just say, and I didn't say this before all these divorces with kids. My parents were divorced when I was six. My dad remarried the same year, and he remarried an amazing woman. Was really I was, yeah, she absolutely she I considered her my mom, but I have to say my parents had a divorce like the word of the Roses. I mean, it was screaming fits. It was not pleasant. It really was not pleasant, and which of course made me work harder on my own marriage. But I got to say, people who try to do it right for their young kids, I don't even know what that looks like, because, as I just said, my parents didn't do it. They didn't do it right. But I gotta feel, like, what do you think? It's like I'm kind of role playing here, like when you said to Dicky, I want out because you asked for the divorce, right, Like was he shocked? Did he know what was coming?
Speaker 2: Because we were not even living together. We were in the same house, but not together. You know, we were passing ships through the night. Like when he was on the road, I ran the house, which was most of the time, and when he come home, he'd started to do his parenting and it was different than mine. So right, we kind of didn't agree on a lot of things. And then my boys gave us trouble when they got a little older, and that was a really rough part. But we were stood together on that.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I hear you. One particular friend I have, I still have her. Her husband traveled for business, not sports, but his business is traveling to do his job. He's a lawyer, and they will never it's he's he was never there. And I remember her saying to me at the time, like, do you think he has another family? Do you think? But I didn't have that.
Speaker 2: That does happen, actually does happen. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean my husband was home. But I just wonder some of these stories that were some of these headlines that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: A lot of them are both professionals, so they both have outside lives, right and movies. They're playing a guitar. I mean, they're in a band, they're traveling their road trip.
Speaker 1: So how hard do you think, I mean, you had it. How hard is it to have a marriage where there's travel?
Speaker 2: Very hard? Very difficult, because you know there's days when you know when he will come home from work and you're just like, oh what a day, Like take them, I don't want any part of the treat, you know, But I didn't have that.
Speaker 1: I say that now about my cats. There's just no one to take care of them.
Speaker 2: I think he does some speaking engagements and I'll ever forget he was doing the talk and he goes, you know, I come home from a road trip. My wife looked like don king her hair. There is magic mark or a lipstick on the wall.
Speaker 1: She was spent.
Speaker 2: That was it. There was one of those weeks and a three year old.
Speaker 1: You know really, So, I mean I can see where where Yeah, I mean think about it in the divorce is like so is traumatic for most people. Some people, I guess just say walk away. Say it's been real if they walk away. But for a lot of people, it's from out Can you imagine the headlines? Can you imagine? And so I got to say these women that say, are these men that say in this case, you know candy saying it's been brewing for a while, Like that really means it's been going down for a while, and I'm done.
Speaker 2: Some disagreements going on, and they knew it was coming. On a better note the next one that's.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: On Goslin's new wife, Stephanie reveals the important promise he made during his wedding vows when I tell you, I thought that was so so.
Speaker 1: Special, Tell me why.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was very emotional wedding and John Goslin will remember from Johnny Kate plus eight. Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Oh? I do.
Speaker 2: Stephanie was a former beautician. Yeah again I can relate. Married in an intimate ceremony in Leicester, just on Sunday, November twenty third, as they stood in the altar in front of their one hundred and eighty guests, John made such a touching promise to his bride quote, I promised to love you with conditions, to lift you up when you are tired, to laugh with you, enjoy and hold you in sorrow. I like, like you know, I'm almost okay.
Speaker 1: Wait, first of all, I gotta get throw some humans.
Speaker 2: One thing, he says, Katy, this part she put me over the top. I promised to love your daughter as my own daughter, referring to his wife's Stephanie's daughter. Right, He says, it means the world to her and he didn't feel what what didn't you feel?
Speaker 1: Okay? Here's you know me? Because Susan is hopeless romantic. I'm the realist. I think. First of all, I'm so happy that John has found Stephanie. But can I just say he's got how many children from his first man? So Stephanie deserves a crown. Let me just say a crown with a diamond stud for each stepchild. That's I don't care. I don't care. Okay, let me say I have a step mom. So this warmed my heart because I just told you my stepmother was is my world. She passed away two years ago, but she was my mom. I think it's interesting. Let me say he's got eight kids. Yes, he's got quintuplets, quadruplets, whatever the hell they're called. Only two of the kids came to the wedding, So I'm already thinking we got problems in paradise here because not all the kids came to the wedding. That's number one. Number two, I want to know why. I think it's lovely that he mentioned Stephanie's daughter in the vows. I think it's so sweet, but I'm But then the realist, Kathy is saying, did we not have these conversations about your daughter before we got married, that you know she's gonna, oh my god, I have another daughter, Like, did we not have this conversation? Noticeably absent was her comment about how thrilled she was to have eight step children. We didn't hear about that, And I want to say that my son, you're the wedding efficient here. So I'm coming back to you in a second with a question. My son married an amazing woman two years ago, and yes, Susan Knowles was the wedding efficient and did a fabulous job. My son married a woman who has three sons. My son has a daughter, so there are four children, not eight, but half of that, and they are a complete family. But they had the conversations before about you know, raising children and their values and working as a united family.
Speaker 2: I don't think he did. Is that what you're saying, You don't conversation took place. I'm saying the woman's not waring. She knows there's eight kids involved.
Speaker 1: It's Johnny, Listen, I'm a hard ass sometimes. Why is it so sweet that she mentioned, you know, he's got nine eggs out of a dozen.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean he didn't expect it. She didn't expect that I would one of his vows.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 2: That's what took her back. I would, Okay, Kathy, I've been honest.
Speaker 1: If I'm marrying a man and I have children, look, I.
Speaker 2: Am a wedding efficient. A lot of people write their own valves. Some of them just write words they took off the internet. Some of them make me cry. It's unbelievable. Some of them stutter over it. Some say forget this and rip up the paper and just speak from their heart. That is beautiful, and what that man said meant the world to her.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not taking it away. I'm saying I think it's lovely. But noticeably absent is her saying. And I cannot believe I'm the mother of nine.
Speaker 2: Oh kind of tell you?
Speaker 1: I break out in a sweat.
Speaker 2: She's not the mother of nine. They have a mother. She is their father's wife. That's all. She don't have to raise those eight kids. They're raised. Okay, they're twenty one, they're adults.
Speaker 1: She is their stepmother.
Speaker 2: What through the through the words stepmother? Because you married their dad. That does it really make you a mom?
Speaker 1: I am speechless. My stepmother was my mother because.
Speaker 2: You were yet little and under her roof. Yes, she raised you, She helped raise you. These children don't need to be raised her daughter maybe who is the younger one.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I think, as you and I both know, children are children for life. It's not like they turned eighteen and all of a sudden their problems go away.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he's not their father anymore, just that because he got married doesn't make this new wife their mother. And as far as the words, I think they're beautiful. Care you, John, you should have called me. I could have been there.
Speaker 1: He says, I'm trying to be a good father to her, just like one of my own. You know, I hope he was a great father to his own children. I mean, I don't know. I wasn't there. I think it's sweet, But you know me, I'm not going to listen to the words as much as I'm going to look at his actions. So John, I'm going to be watching John. I'm gonna be watching John, all right. Moving along, go ahead. Who we got next?
Speaker 2: Here? Next we have Brian Austin Green reflects on extremely tumultuous split from x Vanessa Marcel, but he hints at where they stand. Now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just gonna say to you, Susan, you need a then diagram to understand this.
Speaker 2: Because we got Megan Fox.
Speaker 1: He had Megan Fox and he has young kids with her, but prior to that he was engaged to Vanessa. He's got a twenty three year old with her. They don't get along so well. Twenty three years later, they're still not getting along. Now it just let's add a little more oil to the vinegar. Now he is in Gauge to a lovely woman named Shawna Shanna rgis Urgis. So now he's engaged. He's he's apparently gets along really well with Megan, knows how to parent.
Speaker 2: Everybody's doing good for the ones.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is the deal you You you have this son with this woman. This kid is like, he's not a kid. He's twenty three, twenty two, twenty three years old. You cannot co parent that child well with this woman, and yet you can you can co parent with Megan Fox the next young younger children. What is the deal? He says, you know, the transition from excess to successful co parenting. I'm trying to figure out why after having two kids with Megan Fox, he cannot figure out that number one and the oldest one. Maybe he should take some lessons and go back and see if he can repair that relationship.
Speaker 2: Here's how well him and Megan. They get along, they're fine, and they co parent. They stay out of each other's way, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they are three kids together, so they're.
Speaker 2: Past eleven and nine, and he realized early on people separate for our reason. We're not all of a sudden going to be just great friends. As they co parent, we stop being together because we didn't get along as well as we did when we first got together. So let's take that expectation out of it and just resign to the fact that I only care about the health and wellness of my kids. So it sounds like, you know, everybody's thinking, oh, they're great, they're great. He's not that great. He's doing it. He respects it, but stay the buck away from me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think I feel sorry that. I get it. He never married Vanessa. I get it. They had this kid together, but you know what, the kid deserves better. I'm sorry. You know, the you'rero is the one saying marriage piece of paper. They had a kid together. You know, it's sad. It's sad that he could not figure out how to parent with her, and now being engaged again, I sure hoped hell he figures it out, because I'm guessing there's going to be more kids coming down the pike, just as a wild guests.
Speaker 2: How about him? Saying, and I could it was a very tumultious separation because you have this thing in your head of how you want to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know what if that's your parenting a child is about winning, that's another problem there. I don't know. I have to say to you.
Speaker 2: The smarter one of the two, you want to be acknowledged for that?
Speaker 1: WHOA I want to ask you, Susan, what do you think about a couple, a grown couple. We're not talking twenty year olds. There a grown couple who cannot get be on good terms, who cannot get along so many years later. I think there's a problem.
Speaker 2: There have to be something so detrimental that you can't forgive or move on. I think it's ridiculous. I think you have to respect each other because you're both parents of the your family. Yeah, you know what, be well, if I just wish the next person, well maybe not immediately, it takes time, but you have to have relationships with your children, and children were with the expouse, so there has to be some kind of a relationship there. If there's a crisis, you're gonna call the spouse.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Well you're going to call somebody the spouse, the fiance you're gonna call somebody.
Speaker 2: I run into people all the time that dread the people that are getting married that I'll interview with and say, I don't know what I'm gonna do with my parents. My dad's bringing his girlfriend and my mom doesn't have and it's like they can't even be in the same room together. I can't comprehend.
Speaker 1: My can I just tell you my parents, my real mother and my father, are like that. When I got married, they didn't sit at the same table, they didn't talk. I told you War of the Roses. Here's here's what I would say. He is now engaged to another woman. You know, Meghan is uh, Megan, Meghan's long gone. I mean they co parent well, the two children they have. I think that at this point Brian ought to just figure out how he can have a great relationship with his son in.
Speaker 2: It all, just get that well.
Speaker 1: I just think I think it's too bad. I think he missed the I guess, is what I'm saying. I wish he could have co parented well with the child's mom with Vanessa, but he couldn't do it. And I think it's honestly, I think it's sad. My parents didn't co parent well, and I feel like it's really sad. But you know what's more sad is our next headline, which is Tory spelling and Dean McDermot staggering seven figure tax step revealed in the divorce settlement.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh so much money? Oh good? Over one point seven million in unpaid federal and state taxes. I mean one, they are one point two million into the ire I know. And they also own more than five hundred thousand and unpaid taxes to the California.
Speaker 1: Franch Okay, wait, wait, I love the fact that I feel bad. How did that happen?
Speaker 2: Poor?
Speaker 1: Debt includes the Beverly Hills nine O two one zero alump ohing two hundred eighty eight thousand to a private individual, sixty nine thousand to another individual, over ten thousand for medical expenses.
Speaker 2: Uninsured, oh my god, two thousand from a student loan, and twenty thousand in his own uninsuredble Okay, talk about debt and divorce. We're losing a spouse and money.
Speaker 1: Wait, they have five kids together, can you imagine? Wait?
Speaker 2: I want to know how this happened. How do you get so far behind? You make deals with the irs. Okay, well students the first knut game. Okay, take this and this out of my thing every month. I mean, come on, this is ridiculous, Tori, What were you thinking.
Speaker 1: So Aaron? I mean, I don't know. The rumor has it that Aaron her father did not leave her a lot of money, so you know, the poor thing had to earn her own income. Was so, you know, poor her. But I actually met her once. She's a lovely woman. So I you know, I'm just saying I gotta say, I think, Well, it happens because you spend you don't pay your bills.
Speaker 2: What are their agents that he still owes for college? Well, would you just ignore it? You thought it was going to go away.
Speaker 1: You forget to put susan It could happen to anybody. You forget to put a stamp on the envelope. Loans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these students loans. So these two have both already been married. I think they figured it out the first time. No, no, no, when you're getting remarried, when do you have that financial.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, just because they've each been married a couple of times does not mean that they have the sense, the desire, the ethics, whatever it is to pay their bills, their student loans, the irs. That has nothing to do.
Speaker 2: And right there, just pause, Say you're getting married, you don't want to know?
Speaker 1: Do we start with me dating? Could we start with me dating.
Speaker 2: That you're dating first? You love him, you're going to marry him. You're not going to have a conversation if he's in debt or not.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's okay. Now I'm gonna be serious. We are both in I Do Part two. We're both in our second stage, just looking for love, our second and hopefully final deal at love. Here, I can tell you honestly, and you know I've taken a lot of flak for it. I will not date men who don't have a secure income, a retirement, a you know, own a home. If you if if one has not discussed finances with their partner to.
Speaker 2: The marriage or once you met, you're going to marry, are you You're serious? Right to have that conversation, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But but long before marriage, Susan.
Speaker 2: When when you're deciding that you're talking about.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, When I'm when I first go out with a guy, literally by the second or third date because.
Speaker 2: You asked ten million questions for you, You're not the norm. Okay, let's just say most women won't ask certain questions until well into it. No, and by the second third date, you could tell what Yes.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying to you on the second or third date, I'm talking to somebody about where they live, where, if they traveled, what do they do? What if I'm saying by the third day, Susan, when do you ask six years into the marriage? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I try to just try to figure it out on my own, and I will say, I will say how much debt are you in? You know, when conversation comes, do you have a big debt?
Speaker 1: Do you? Oh?
Speaker 2: Do you do you own?
Speaker 1: Okay? Wait, no, I'm going to break this down. When you're dating, do you ask do you ask someone? Do you ask the guy you're dating do you own your home? I do? Do you? Yes?
Speaker 2: Is this your house?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you ask if he owned it or has a mortgage? I do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I could ask that. I have asked that how many years left on your mortgage? Is the way I would I asked.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you ask a man? I mean I don't have to see their four oh one k but if I see the car the guide drives, I ask him where he big?
Speaker 2: You have your eyes of him. But we can't assume anything. For all we know they're debt free or quite the opposite. They're a trillion dollars in debt. How do you know without a call?
Speaker 1: Well, I can assure you if a guy's a trillion dollars in debt, I'm out the door so fast it feels like a nor'easter blew through the room.
Speaker 2: I was never comfortable bringing it up to say.
Speaker 1: Would you divorce someone if they were in debt?
Speaker 2: Because if you're with somebody, you're married to them.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no. Listen, if you're there's dating, okay, So when you're okay, when you're there's two things here. When you're dating and you think about getting married, then it's like, are we going to split the mortgage? Who's pending the electricity? Who's paying? Okay? So you have those conversations, right at least, I do, okay.
Speaker 2: How are we going to do?
Speaker 1: How are we going to how are we going to do our finances? Now let's jump ahead and you're you're Tory spelling, and you find out that you know your husband forgot to put a stamp on the envelope to the I R S and didn't pay his bills to the University of Watchahouchi and now owns sixty nine thou dos, At what point are you going to walk away when you find out your guy's got a you know, he bets on pony number nine and he's lost his fortune.
Speaker 2: Are we saying that he's the one with all the debt.
Speaker 1: Or okay, she forgot to lick the stamp. I'm saying, when when do you make the decision to get out? Do you ever do that?
Speaker 2: Because it's a financial thing and it's a marriage, so you got to sit down and decide how we're going to do this. It's both of them.
Speaker 1: Wow, I can assure you if you and I are so different, because if I were married to a guy, my husband was never like this. But if I were married to a guy and I found out that he'd been evading the irs or he had a betting gambling habit and he was in debt.
Speaker 2: That's an easy one. Caat of course, you walk away, you're given all big big he's in debt. If you find out you didn't know already, that's what I mean that conversation. In other words, if he was not telling you the.
Speaker 1: Truth, yeah, I'm out.
Speaker 2: I'm out if you go and get together.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm telling you before I get married, if should that happen to me again, I'm going to see this guy's credit report. I'm going to see his bank accounts. There's going to be prenups. I am never ever go at our age, going to walk into a relationship to pay somebody's debt.
Speaker 2: And it says that either one of them paid two of their debts, like nobody's doing anything here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let me be clear. It's unless I, you know, take flak from people commenting when I say he, it could easily be she. You know, in this case, Torri owes buckets of money. Uh and and so does he. And you know what, I'm not here to judge. Tory grew up in a very wealthy family. So I get it. You know, she went from you know, top drawer to you know, she went from Nemon Markets to Tarja. I get it. But but I'm saying those are things people need to find out long before they walked down the aisle. And you know what, when you're married, saying I didn't know is no excuse.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and eighty eight thousand to a private individual and sixty nine thousand to another unidentified Why do you all that money?
Speaker 1: They owe it to me and I'm going after it.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it. That's something that you should talk about. But they were still making money. Why are you not paying your debts? Are they both just saying f the IRS?
Speaker 1: Or they got one beautiful Jaguar in that garage. They have an a Maserati and a whole home at the beach.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm still not good with the student loan party.
Speaker 1: Wait, can I just tell you don't leave home without it their American Express card? They didn't. They just forgot to leave home and pay the bill.
Speaker 2: You're not young enough to make this kind of money to pay it back. That would take an entire lifetime. IRS is not gentle. Trust me, They'll come after you.
Speaker 1: All I can say is all I can say is I'm going to get my lawyer on it. I mean, I'm guessing they don't even know who they owe the individual money to. I'm going to put an acclaim.
Speaker 2: This is the divorce settlement. They're fake. They're just now figuring this out during the divorce. How much they owe.
Speaker 1: No no, no no no no no no no no no no. They both knew this is coming out in the divorce papers. This is this is the price you pay, Susan for being a famous person. This is the price you pay.
Speaker 2: People make famous money. What did they do with the money.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get Toy on the phone and I'm going to get back to on that. But I don't know. This was a lot to break down, Susan, and I just want everyone out there to know if you are single or divorced, or you've lost a spouse, truly, we just want you to know on this holiday weekend that you aren't alone and you're going to get through this. I promise.
Speaker 2: And if you need some help getting through your heartbreak, call us or email us. All the info is in the show notes, follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast I
Speaker 1: Do Part two and iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective.