Speaker 1: NFL Game Review is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Right Along the Game Debut, presented by Mercedes Vince Patrick Clayland. Back here with Greg Rosenthal and Cynthia Freeland to welcome this guy back to the United States of America. When you're back, Greg, We're glad to.
Speaker 3: Have I'm home and I'm just ready to jet lag get to what's next. I am a little jet lag, but that's I think that helped out my picks last week.
Speaker 2: Okay, being all a plane, it's good for the brain. In fact, let's let's check out the picks standings as.
Speaker 4: Of right now. Six.
Speaker 2: Greg Rosenthal goes fourteen and oh, Cynthia and I come up with twelve and two.
Speaker 4: So it's not just to welcome back. What do you mean? What is this? Greg? Is this?
Speaker 5: What are you thinking about?
Speaker 4: Props? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We got ready two one, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Four that is amazing.
Speaker 4: We've gone multiple seasons.
Speaker 2: Tell me somebody going fourteen and oh or just undefeated on an entire slate, Greg rose Thal.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I want to thank all the favorites that came through with me and not taking many chances. I also want to thank our producers for not finding the last time someone went undefeated, because it was me. It was like three years ago, but I think it was me three or four.
Speaker 5: I net even remember it. Yeah, well, I do whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you're right.
Speaker 2: If you need somebody to victory lap something from multiple years.
Speaker 5: Ago, that's me.
Speaker 4: Here's the guy speaking of confetti.
Speaker 2: We got a Super Bowl fifty eight rematch between the Chiefs and the Niners, and time now for active mic presented by v Wells Fargo Active Cash credit Card. Well, Patrick Mahomes has those rings now he's got two of them against Kyle Shanahan. We're getting a cheese forty nine Ers rematch on Sunday. Casey as five and zero. Do the Niners end their wind streaks ATIA?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 1: I still have a Kansas City winning this one twenty five to twenty three, which is exactly the same that I projected for their last Super Bowl matchup, which is wild to me. But I want to talk about Travis Kelcey in this matchup. Something really interesting that's going on this season. Usually you think nine, you think yack. Well, the actual what's going on this year is that now it's Patrick Mahomes plus YAK and rock Perty doesn't do the yak right, He's the least percentage of YAK, whereas Patrick Mahomes has the most. So you're telling me that you don't have an advantage here with eighty seven in space because I think now that we've seen all of these different formations using multiple tight ends, this is another area, another key area where they're going to have mismatches with Travis Kelcey and be able to take advantage of it. Andy Reid coming off of bye Am, I.
Speaker 5: Right, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: And I've been wrong about the Chiefs all season long picking against them.
Speaker 5: This time, I'm not going against them again.
Speaker 3: They get to win in Santa Clara this week, and the reason why they're going to be doing some more confetti this week is Chris Jones. Look, Chris Jones is the biggest reason maybe they won that Super Bowl. He's a big reason why they won that game against the forty nine ers, if you remember a couple of seasons ago in the regular season, had a big performance there. He is second in the NFL in pressures from defensive tackles. He is second in pressures. So these are quality pressures where there's basically no chance for the quarterback to get out of the way. Brock Perty's excellent evading pressure and making plays. But ultimately, I think the Chiefs are getting better and better offensively in the forty nine ers defense. Not as good as they were in previous years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, better and better offensively.
Speaker 2: You guys got twenty five and twenty seven points for the Chiefs, and I'm glad you do, because the games where they've scored the high twenties have been against three teams in the bottom ten.
Speaker 4: In terms of total scoring defense.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna take the forty nine Ers in this one in a revenge game, and I'm not necessarily picking it just for revenge purposes, because I'm looking at how the Chiefs have managed to score like scoring against the New Orleans Saints. They did that with four tight ends on the field. Sometimes if you count Juju Smith Schuster in that, which I do, then I'll go ahead and get five tight ends.
Speaker 4: And Fred Warner playing really good right now. Fred Warner on a Hall of Fame track.
Speaker 2: In a defensive MVP type track season. In terms of fumbles force, He's allowed five receptions for just forty five yards while also picking off two passes and defending two other passes on nine targets this season. I think you want to run out a host of tight ends against the forty nine ers defense, that might be the spot. Despite the fall off, which I do agree, the forty nine Ers can get the advantage.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'll take the stray bah on this one.
Speaker 2: For the home defending NFC champions from the undefeated Chiefs to the undefeated Vikings, Minnesota gonna have their hands full Sunday because Cynthia's.
Speaker 4: Lions are coming to town.
Speaker 2: Lions Vikings the two top teams in the NFC North, one of the best divisions in football, Minnesota at five and zero with Detroit just a game behind.
Speaker 4: Who wins it? Greg?
Speaker 3: I am going with Cynthia's Lions twenty eight to twenty seven. But in an upset, you know, you think about Jared Goff and you think, Okay, he's going to struggle a little bit against the Blitz.
Speaker 5: He's not great against pressure.
Speaker 3: How about how he handled Brian Flores in this Vikings defense a year ago in two matchups he was over seventy percent completions, three touchdowns, no picks, almost three.
Speaker 5: Hundred yards per game.
Speaker 3: They put up the in both of those games, I say they win twenty eight to twenty seven. Yeah, he's the more trustworthy quarterback in this game.
Speaker 5: Sam Darnold, everyone oh mvpmvv.
Speaker 3: Like the last couple of weeks he's been taking on a little struggles.
Speaker 5: I'll just put it that way.
Speaker 3: And I know Detroit's not going to be as good upfront without Aiden Hudginson, but I think this is an offensive game and I'm taking the quarterback that I trust more.
Speaker 5: It's Jared Goff on the road against Vikings.
Speaker 1: I very much considered asking for like the ASPCA commercial where the puppies l are looking sad, because that's how I feel about losing Aden Hutchinson. But I'm not going to be sad because my model picked the Lions twenty four to twenty three. It is kind of my personal nightmare. However, I think that the run game here is the real reason why the Lions are able to pull this off. I'm gonna show you some David Montgomery, who has one of the longest touchdown streaks, as in, he's tied with Kyroen Williams for the longest touchdown streaker currently. But when I'm looking at his ability to break, to break tackles, to get yards after contact, and Jamiir Gibbs the two hundred monster in the run game. With this line that helps Kate take more ball control and keep it on the side of the Lions and helps to somewhat ease a little bit of the pain of losing Aiden Hutchinson. No ESPCA commercial for me. We're gonna be happy little Lions and we're going to win one three.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll go ahead and take the home team again on another straight on and take the Minnesota Vikings here a considerable difference in terms of the total score. I think this is going to be a lower scoring game. But the player that I do think scores and the player that has traditionally had a lot of success against the Detroit Lions, arguably one of the best players in the entire NFL. Justin Jefferson has played eight games against Detroit in his career.
Speaker 4: He has one thousand.
Speaker 2: And seventy three receiving yards at one hundred and thirty four yards a game, and four touchdowns. The hutch injury, as Cynthia pointed out, as about as depressing as it can get for a super Bowl contender, but I agree with Greg. Jared Goff wins the quarterback matchups, but you gotta bother Sam and I don't know how much McNeil and company can bother Sam in this and I think the Minnesota Vikings win it in a close one.
Speaker 4: We go from a game with two.
Speaker 2: Veteran quarterbacks to one featuring two up and covers, Drake May and Trevor Lawrence. Let's get ready for a great London finale This Sunday live from Wimbley Stadium in London, watches the Patriots face off against the Jags. Rise, Shine and watch Sunday nine thirty am Eastern only on NFL Network and streaming on NFL Plus. Subscription is required for NFL Plus. Let's discuss that game, this one in Wimbley Stadium. Drake May gets his second career start, both teams looking to turn things around. Who gets on a plane in a happy mood on Sunday?
Speaker 3: Okay, two people do well, two organizations. One for the Jaguars, They're gonna win this game twenty three to twenty. But also Drake May fans, Drake May fantasy owners. Everywhere I went in London last week, just people coming up to me saying, are we really gonna get to see Drake May live? Yes, you are at Wembley Stadium. Look at the big place. He threw up there last week against a much tougher defense, the Houston Tech. Drake May showed he can get to his second his third read. The accuracy not always consistent, but the excitement in terms of his running ability, make plays outside the pocket, but also make some plays where like I said, he went through his reads very next level. I thought he was a better prospect than Jayden Daniels. We'll see if that works out over time, but I do think he showed enough to believe that when he plays a bad defense like the Jagguarts, he's going to put up some touchdowns. He's going to put up some entertainment for the fans in London and on NFL Network.
Speaker 4: Oh I like that. Yeah, love that.
Speaker 2: I'm taking for some reason, despite getting absolutely steamrolled by them the entire season. The Jacksonville John Warris again in this one. I have a twenty to eighteen win for Jacksonville after doing it last week. For some reason, I'm out here again because for the second week in a row, Trepp played pretty Well, Trev's playing great at the quarterback position, just like he did against the Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 4: One place he's really.
Speaker 2: Throwing the ball well is outside the numbers, where his passer rating is over one hundred and one. All that has to happen is the Jags receivers actually catch the ball. I guess they'll do better. There's nowhere to go but up. In terms of that, I think they get the win.
Speaker 5: Cynthia like too.
Speaker 1: We'll make it a We have a meme alert here because I also have the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 5: We're not confident to eighteen, clearly, don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have the Patriots covering. We love you too, all three of us exactly.
Speaker 1: It's clearly a huge dealer. Anyways, when I'm looking at this matchup, it really is Tank Bigsby. That makes me kind of pushed over the edge on this. Why we have one hundred and forty three yards after contact?
Speaker 5: That is a big deal.
Speaker 1: You were watching it right here. He was tackled maybe twice or maybe one and a half times there and he ends up in the end zone. Well, this defense he's going up against in the Patriots, they've allowed the third most one hundred and thirty one yards two such runs. So for me, a little bit more stability in the run game. That kind of helps with some of the weirdness we've seen from either quarterback. I feel more confident about this ability to run as I do the other side. And so there's the competit's coming.
Speaker 5: For me, I could see, well.
Speaker 4: No, it's coming. For the fans, this is there.
Speaker 2: Take the meme alert at that point if we're all on the wrong side of this one matrix.
Speaker 3: Fans used to different confetti. This is just nextually, this is better. This is my undefeated week confetti. I'm gonna take out again. Yeah, go Jags.
Speaker 2: At this point, oh good, buddy, touchdowns and group hugs. It's time for the drive the Excellence presented by Mercedes Benz. The Texans and the Packers at Lambeau Stroud versus love two of the best young quarterbacks in the game. And I'll start this one off, guys, because I'm taking the Green Bay Packers in this one twenty six to twenty three. As the offense is now back with its starting quarterback for multiple weeks and the play caller Matt Lafleur is in his bag all season callin plays. Let's just watch some of this screen game where I got Tucker Craft going down, the sideline rush, coming in, ball coming out, more Tucker Craft underneath. They get Melton as well as Josh Jacobs involved in the screen and by the way, Jordan Love plus forty eight on EPA on play action passes since becoming a starter top five, and the in that it.
Speaker 4: Also helps these aids head coach the whole time. I got the Packers.
Speaker 3: I have the Packers as well in this game. And I'm gonna talk about something that they don't usually tell you about on television that the Packers defense. Yes, this side of the ball matters too, and it's not just Xavier McKenney. A couple of things I noticed with them lately. Obviously, they're turning the ball over a lot, the pass rush not consistent. But you're watching two rookies who have stepped up, Edger and Cooper at linebacker and Evan Williams at safety. Here's what good coaching staffs do. They evolve over the course of the season, these two rookies getting more and more playing time as the season wears on. I think Cooper's turned out to be their best linebacker position where they need some help. They have a couple of young safeties out there. Evan Williams was fantastic last week. So it's a young group at certain spots. They're still figuring out where they are at their best. But I think they're gonna get better and better as they get more used to this defense. And it's playing against a Texans offense that CJ. Stroud is great, but it's not always cohesive. I like the pass to win this game. Twenty seven to twenty. They cover that three point number.
Speaker 1: Let's go go, so you have a field goal, you have a touchdown.
Speaker 5: I have the upset.
Speaker 1: I think Houston wins this one Prime Numba twenty five to twenty four. Why because now we've seen that Joe Mixon is back, baby, and when he's in the game, things make a big difference for what CJ. Stroud in this offense can do. What I feel better if Ygo Collins were there, Heck yeah, I would, But I still think that the opportunity that they have with Mixin and of course when he's healthy, he's had over one hundred rushing yards in a touchdown in each one of those starts, which is helpful, but also it's just those early downs keeping CJ. Stroud ahead of the chase. Now, defenses are really starting to come up with game plans for CJ. Stroud specifically, so he's ready to take it to the next level of quarterbacking, which is he'll have to adapt and I think that this is a game where you'll start to see that adapting happen.
Speaker 2: Well, he and his Texans have won three straight going into Sunday's matchup against the Packers.
Speaker 4: But you guys know who's won four straight games. That would be the depending Envy and the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 2: Since the Week two upset somehow by Gardner Minshew and the Raiders, lamarn Company have knocked off the Cowboys, Bills, Bengals, and Commanders on their way to first place in the AFC.
Speaker 4: North.
Speaker 2: Jackson has ten total touchdowns only one interception came on a tipball last week against Washington. Now the Ravens go down to Tampa for Monday Night. Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield two MVP candidates. Great he hates Yeah. Tampa put up a fifty burger against the Saints. Can they score enough to beat Baltimore.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, we can recognize Baker Mayfield is fine without just calling people MVP candidates for no reason.
Speaker 5: Lamar's the real MVP candidate.
Speaker 3: In this game, thirty four to twenty seven, the Ravens win in a shootout. You want to know why Patricks in such a good mood every week, It's because his guy, Lamar Jackson is getting supported by great wide receivers like Zay Flowers. Heck, this week, Troy Aikman was on the radio clowning the Cowboys receiver, saying what a good job they did. He said they should be better route runners like the Ravens wide receiver. Yes, Zay Flowers has taken a huge step from year one to year two. He reminds me a little bit of Jaden Reed in Green Bay in that you don't see them as a traditional number one receiver, and yet they're building a passing game that starts with Zay Flowers. He gets opened deep, he gets open in the intermedia area. He is really sharp, and he busts out when they snap the ball. He is so quick off the line of scrimmage. He gets opened so quickly that Lamar Jackson is seeing open receivers. It's not just Flowers, it's also with Shad Bateman. The best offense in the league by far. The Buccaneers cannot stop them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be I think there will be a lot of points in this game. I've got Baltimore winning twenty seven to twenty five, just by a pair, because yes, Baker Mayfield does lead.
Speaker 4: The NFL in touchdown passes right now with fifteen grig Well, we'll see if that continues.
Speaker 2: But I just want to shout out one of those receivers for the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 4: It's with Shad Bateman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oddly enough, having a solid season in terms of the way things have gone.
Speaker 4: Much maligned Rashad Bateman. Other than the loss.
Speaker 2: Of the Raiders, He's had four average jars of separation in every single game game he taught. He caught every single one of his targets against the Bills and the Commanders. A lot of stars to deal with on the Ravens, and Rashad is right now easing into his role.
Speaker 4: I got them by a pair on Monday.
Speaker 1: Cynthia, Well, I have a much closer game forecast in this one. I have Baltimore winning but just by one point twenty five to twenty four because of that MVP candidate Baker Mayfield, who I clearly love and who clearly loves me very much. My relationship with him is much like his relationship with the game last week, as he started off pretty poorly with three picks to start the game, but things ended up coming around. Baker's just put up some number. Yeah, Greg, Yeah, Greg. So ultimately, when I'm looking at the opportunity to this team in general, that was like a bounce Listen, it's a bounce pass. You've never seen a bounce past before. Come on, you watch basketball.
Speaker 4: The way he got there, that was the work that he did on this exactly.
Speaker 1: But hey, look, this is an offense that's finding solutions. They're finding which is the run game. And you know what, Baker Mayfield, the MVP candidate, is absolutely making sure that this happens.
Speaker 4: The look you just gave me, sheesh.
Speaker 5: I mean, you don't have to do this.
Speaker 2: If we will this in new existence, Greg Watos forever, it's like, it's fine.
Speaker 5: Just you could just say he's good. He's good. He's better than he.
Speaker 2: Was coming up the Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams romance is back, baby will. They picked up right where they left off and saved the Jets season. We got a huge matchup Sunday night in Pittsburgh. Who's gonna win? The universe decides. We'll tell you what we think next.
Speaker 4: We're back on game debut.
Speaker 2: The Jets made a splash earlier in the week, trading for Davante Adams. The move reunites Adams with his old pal Aaron Rodgers. The duo played together in Green Bay from twenty fourteen to twenty twenty one, connected for sixty eight touchdowns. Here's what Adams and Rogers had to say about the trade.
Speaker 6: It's been a roller coaster, for sure. It's it's a weird. It's a weird thing to say, you know that that I'm I'm happy, but you know, obviously it was time for a change, and uh, you know, this whole thing kind of transpired a little, a little weird. But it's at the end of the day, I'm you know, we we're in a better place. I think that Raiders are in a better place as well, and uh, you know, everybody can kind of move on.
Speaker 7: Looks like he's drunking the elixir from the Fountain of Youth. As I watched some of his clips. We went back and watched some old twenty fourteen stuff when he was a rookie, and I lovingly call him fat Tay because he was, you know, over two twenty. Then he got real serious about his diet and his health and got down to under two ten, and you know, Speed came back and became, you know, the dynamic player that he is today. So it's been a you know, strange twenty four hours, but uh, but really fun to see my friend.
Speaker 2: Hey camp trip to get to the Fountain of Youth paying off for the Jets that they got the Steelers Sunday night, Gang Green clearly pushing all their tips in the middle of the table. Steelers still haven't officially announced their starting quarterback as the time we're doing this. Interested to know if that decision plays a role in your pick, Greg.
Speaker 5: A little one.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would trust Justin Fields more than Russell Wilson. I don't think it's a smart decision. I expect it to be Russell Wilson. But either way, I'm taking the Jets to win this game twenty one to seventeen. There's nothing better than adding a Hall of Famer in the middle of your season. Well, I guess you could have done it before the season started. That would have been nice, Like he probably was available.
Speaker 4: Then you gotta fire your coach first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but here's what I know about Devanta Adams. He's still a top ten receiver. If you want a little litmus test to see who's like phoning in their job as an analyst, it's the people that are saying, oh, you, DeVante Adams is on the decline and he's past his prime and you're just adding an old, aging wide receiver. He's still a top ten guy. He's still getting wide open. He's still one of the best receivers at the catchpoint. Him and Garrett Wilson are one of the best one to two receiver combinations in the league. I think it's a mismatch against this Steelers second twenty one seventeen.
Speaker 5: Let's go Jets. I can't believe I just said that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I also say let's go Jets twenty one to twenty a little bit closer for me, Why because I'm looking at this change to probably Russell Wilson, and I'm thinking that we'll get more volatility here. Russell Wilson is very likely to pass the ball more often than we saw Justin Fields. This was the second most run heavy team in the league with Justin Fields under center. So I'm expecting some of those deep gashes, some of those intermediate things, some of the things we've seen from characteristic Russ. I don't think he's going to be that rusher that we saw, that scrambler that we saw from Justin Fields. So to me, when you have a little bit more of that like home run capability, it keeps the score a little closer because there's this element of surprise that could potentially come up against this very good defense.
Speaker 4: Okay, well there I've got a surprise. What is the show?
Speaker 2: I'm taking the home team on a stray on once again.
Speaker 4: I've got the Pittsburgh Steelers here.
Speaker 2: As with Greg, I would prefer Justin Field's start for the purposes of this pick and picking the Steelers. But then I thought about what it took for the Jets to score twenty points against the Bills. It was a hail Mary Aaron Rodgers getting sacked four times on seven pressures. There was also Garrett Wilson on a great toe touch in the back of the end zone on third down. Ajfanesse and Greg Russo get replaced by Alex high Smith, who's back and TJ.
Speaker 4: Watt.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily trust this Jets offensive line, and I agree. I think back to another aging wide receiver playing for the Raiders getting traded to an AFC East team and opportunity.
Speaker 4: I think they could do that.
Speaker 2: It's just a tough spot against Pittsburgh. I got the Steelers here, so yeah, the betting public is not expecting a ton of points and this one. Let's take a look at the rest of the lowest over unders for the week. Right behind the Jets Steelers is the Titans, Bills, and then the Cleveland Browns found their way on this graphic.
Speaker 4: Once again, the over undersitting.
Speaker 3: There over Patriots Jags in London. I'm feeling that two terrible defenses.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's an extra fock pick. It's time to get to some more quick picks. We got the Titans and the Bills again expected to be low scoring. Buffalo traded wide receiver are Mariy Cooper on Tuesday? Do they extend their win streak to.
Speaker 1: Tuson They do by nine points. I have twenty seven to eighteen. Let's talk about what Amari Cooper is right, He's one of the best route runners, most reliable route runners in the entire NFL. He has a number four hundred and seventy three. That's how many yards that he would have had on Aaron Targets this year as a Brown. Let's call it that. That's a nice way of doing it. There will be less errant targets when he is a Bill and when you talk about he's not a burner, he's not going to let Tyreek kill you, but he's going to be exactly where he needs to be and create the separation that that Bill is the offense needs.
Speaker 2: We're all on the Buffalo Bills go to the Panthers and Commanders. Jayden Daniels squad came up short last week against the Ravens, who they bounced back.
Speaker 5: Greg, Yes, they do.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be a high scoring game, thirty to twenty three. Panthers get a lot of points, but Terry McLaurin gets more. Look, the Washington Commanders have a top three offense by any metric, and almost their entire passing game is built out of Terry McLaurin he is getting over fifty one percent of their total air yards going to this one man. That is the highest percentage on any team to any receiver in the entire league.
Speaker 5: And it's working.
Speaker 3: So for all those Terry fans out there that said, like this guy can be not just a one receiver, but a one receiver dominating a top tier offense, this has been a beautiful year. He keeps it going against the Panthers.
Speaker 2: He deserves it because he's had some guys playing quarterback for Let's go to the Rams and Raiders that so far, I think Sean mcvay's squad gets their second win of the season here, winning at twenty two to seventeen. That's seventeen probably only coming via Brock Bowers, who is now the team fun ad, and O'Connell fact he has zero scrambling.
Speaker 4: Now in his entire career. Now the Rams running the ball won't be a problem.
Speaker 2: On the other side, the Raiders missed sixteen tackles against the Broncos. Saw Naji have the best game of his season last week. Coming into the game. They're the number thirty rush efficiency defense in the league.
Speaker 4: Gimme Sean and the Boys. But yeah, ain't O'Connell stat is bananas.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 1: I would like someone. I'd even take a man's bleen of this one. Why is that happening? Please tell me? I just need to know.
Speaker 5: Keep it going, hand plating it to me.
Speaker 1: I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: Well, see if you can take it your whole career. I want to watch. It's time for more or less.
Speaker 2: All hands on hands here as we talk about some player props for the London game, Cynthia more or less than two hundred and four passing yards for Drake may Oh.
Speaker 5: We're starting with a less oh boo.
Speaker 1: It's not because I think he's gonna have a bad game or that I think that somehow the Jags defense is going to get really, really, like considerably better. I just think this game will have fewer possessions. I think they're going to run the ball a little bit more on both sides of it. And I just think one hundred and ninety five is where he lands in my model. So I think that's a little bit less than two and four and a half.
Speaker 2: All right, starting with a less Greg trev one and a half passing touchdowns?
Speaker 4: What do you see?
Speaker 5: I am not going double least, let's go more.
Speaker 3: Look, this Patriots defense has been the most disappointing aspect to this season. They've lost a lot of key pieces, but even then, undisciplined guys not really containing their rush lanes, wide open receivers really by anyone not covered by Christin Gonzalez, Trevor Lawrence as Patrick Mention has played pretty well the last two weeks, So I do not think they're going to have trouble moving the ball.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I like more points in this game than expecting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get the highest scoring London game of all time points traditionally down over there, I'll take the last one more or less than fifty four receiving yards for Brian Thomas Junior, and I think BTJ goes north of that number, because yes, I think the Jags pass catchers will do the second part of that and catch the ball this week, not like they did against the Bears, and Brian Thomas Junior having an exciting, probably the most promising thing for the Jags season.
Speaker 4: Here in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Folks, don't forget that you can catch that game as well on NFL Plus. Upgrade your Sundays with NFL Plus Premium and watch live local and primetime games on mobile devices, plus NFL Red.
Speaker 4: Zone game replays and more. You can see our show too.
Speaker 2: Sign up today at Plus NFL dot Com. Subscription required for NFL Plus. Terms and conditions apply time to see He's the Season presented by Caesar Sportsbook. As we look at the first touchdown score odds according to Caesars, Kenneth Walker and Bijon at the top, but then Drake London, DK Metcalf and Darnell Mooney behind them. Looking forward to this when the Battle of the birds.
Speaker 4: We have a few in the NFL.
Speaker 2: The Falcons coming into this game winning three straight. On the other side, the Seahawks dropping three in a row. Who I guess figures out the right side of a streak this time.
Speaker 1: I mean I have a four point win for Atlanta in this matchup. You just give me a thumbs down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like your pick. Wow, that's kind of giving away my pick later.
Speaker 4: That's passion right there.
Speaker 5: I like Gino. You know, there's a lot of go whatever. Sorry.
Speaker 1: When I'm looking at this match, I'm looking at Kirk Cousins' ability to connect with Drake London. This has been one area that has been quite consistent when I'm looking to see, Okay, this a ligne the run game. What have they done for Kirk Cousins. Well, when they keep him clean, he really has a great opportunity to connect with Drake London. This is an area where I know that we're talking about some increased health for Seattle's defense, which has been very decimated to injury. If they do get some of those, it's okay. They will find the mismatches with Drake London somewhere else. End zone for Drake Lennon.
Speaker 2: All right, Greg, I guess get your thumb ready, because I too like the Falcons here, I see him with the rushing defense of the Seahawks can provide. In the last few weeks, the answer is not very much. The Seahawks saw the Niners go for two hundred and twenty eight yards, and the week before Tyrone Tracy Junior had his coming out party, the Giants go for one hundred and seventy five on the ground. Tyler Alzier and Bijohn Robinson both playing good football.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 2: I fear that the Hawks might be playing catch up in this one, and the run game keeps Gino on the sideline, Greg, but I think I know you're a pick here.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you're gonna pick look Atlanta. No, it was nothing personal here. I'm just sick of this Falcons team. They are the team this season. To me, it's like they can't keep getting away with this. How do they win these games where Kirk Cousins doesn't move. They're not going to on Sunday, Let's give it the just Greg treatment. Seahawks on the road win by a touchdown their offense. Gino is going to be so excited throwing a dk Metcalf because finally he gets to face a team that doesn't really get much pressure on him. He can be back there and pocket with some time, and this is a bit of a squeaky wheel game. Not that dk Metcalf is complaining, it's quite the opposite. He apologized for some mental mistakes he said he made in the last game.
Speaker 5: He doesn't need to apologize.
Speaker 3: It's more that I feel the matchup physically against this Falcon secondary and in a week where he was kind of the main character, everyone's blaming him for a bad week.
Speaker 5: I think he responds.
Speaker 3: They get to win twenty seven to twenty and yes, this is not a team in Atlanta that I think really should be winning four straight, and.
Speaker 5: It's not a team in Seattle that should be losing four straight. So there we go. Just Greg it up.
Speaker 1: Falcon Social, Please do something about this, because you have a great social team. Please do something about this. And all these stumbs down.
Speaker 5: Give me that aerial you know, stadium shot.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, to hype up the fans. Get everybody going. It's Greg. I hate this Falcons team. That was the season for cens sports book.
Speaker 2: Do folks download the Caesars Sportsbook app and official sponsor to the NFL.
Speaker 4: New users place.
Speaker 2: Your first bet up to one thousand dollars and if you lose, you'll get it back as a bonus bet. Use promo code TV one thousand, must be twenty one or olderc Caesars dot com backslash promos for full terms still to come. They're no longer the same old Chargers. Jim Harball's got Herbert and the Bears and the Bolts cooking. They got Kyler and the Cardinals on Monday Night. Who's got the edge. We'll tell you right after this break.
Speaker 5: It was Jim Harbaugh and the Bears back of the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh body, I love that. Shout out to the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: The Bolts who take on the Cardinals in the desert the second to two games Monday Night Herbert versus Kyler. It should be fun. It's the Monday night game too, Cynthia. What do you see taking place?
Speaker 1: I love Mona eight games, but I'm taking the Chargers here twenty three to twenty. I just want to talk about one trend for Justin Herbert that's really fascinating overall. He's thrown the ball two point eight six seconds. It's like ten facet but when he throws it in under two point five seconds, things are good. Eight yards per attempt, five point eight air yards per attempt, both ranked number two in the league. And by the way, this Arizona defense they allow seven point three air yards allowed. Sorry per attempt. English not my first language, but then I'm walking to this opportunity here, and I think it's a good one for them to really just you know, lad maconk it up.
Speaker 5: Wait, so what is your first language?
Speaker 4: Math?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Math is language universal language.
Speaker 5: Numbers.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows numbers.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I looked at the numbers two and I'm with you justin Herbert to me, looked better last week, but you have already talked about him. Let's talk about this side that doesn't get a lot of love. It's the Chargers defense, and they should get more love. They're leading the NFL in points allowed. They have not given up twenty points in a game this season, twenty or.
Speaker 5: Fewer each week.
Speaker 3: So I've got actually the Cardinals right at that number, twenty three to twenty. The Chargers win, and look, part of it has been the schedule. They haven't faced the best offenses in the league, but most of it is they're just very technically sound. When you watch them, Jesse Minners defense does not give up a lot of big plays.
Speaker 5: Very tough.
Speaker 3: They're getting production out of players that didn't cost a lot in free agency, like Poona Ford, and they pick up a guy like Elijah Molden and he's making plays. So I think it's really good coaching the Chargers. They won't give you anything easy. I think they get the win.
Speaker 2: I have the Arizona Cardinals right around that twenty point as well, twenty one points, and.
Speaker 4: Then I have the Chargers getting twenty.
Speaker 2: I've got the Arizona Cardinals in this game, And how do you get to this Chargers defense? Will I was watching bow Knicks last week average ten yards of carry on the ground, and so what's up next, Kyler Murray. The way that this Cardinals defense gives up points is through the explosive plays. They are in the bottom ten in the NFL in giving up explosive plays. Well, now you're playing a Chargers team that's not really piloting explosive plays up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. JK.
Speaker 2: Dobbins can get loose for a couple of plays, but it's not like Greg Roman is threatening deep play.
Speaker 4: After play after play.
Speaker 2: I got the Cardinals winning on a fun Monday night game this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well do, but they're all home like this. This is a really smart He's strategic, Ladies and gentlemen. He is strategic.
Speaker 2: Occasionally a thought runs through this empty sailboat fuel head of mine as we get to some more quick picks here on Game Day View, the Eagles and the Giants at MetLife, Saquon's first.
Speaker 4: Game against his old team.
Speaker 2: E Lakue neighbors back at practice for the g Man to Saquon get revenge, Cynthia, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what revenge is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a really good game twenty four to twenty. The Eagles win this one in a very convincing as in more convincing than three points fashion. Saquon Barkley's opportunity behind an O line that ranks no worse than tenth in any computer vision metric when it comes to running, and that is, by the way, kind of double what he had in his best situation as a Giant. It was like eighteenth, nineteenth, twentieth and that in those same metrics. So yes, Saquon a lot of revenge or just another good game at met Life because he has most yards there, like he just this is where he lives. This is his home. You're bringing him home and he's not.
Speaker 5: Gonna run all over the way.
Speaker 3: The real revenge game is Makai Beckton, who says I did not enjoy playing in that yeah, that turf when he was a member of the Jets. I just hope the Eagles win this game, because no team has less fun when they win games than the Eagles. Like Dick Siriani, right, it's clear.
Speaker 1: I have anointed myself like the chief cringe officer, and that is heat flag on that play that that was a little cringey, Little Cringey, throw the cringe flag.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's get to the Bengals and the Browns. Kevin Stefanski sticking with the Shan Watson. Does that get a win?
Speaker 1: Gren?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: But I want to speak about the Browns positively. They're gonna cover the points spread home. They won't win the game, but they're gonna cover Bengals twenty four to twenty. But they have mister Browns. Nick Chubb is back on the field last see. One of the best running backs of the last twenty years and has had to overcome so much because of this injury. Wrote a beautiful letter on the Players Tribune this week, and I want to believe in a world where Nick Chubb not only has an emotional return I'm sure he's gonna get embraced by the fans like no other, but produces against a bad Bengals rush defense. I'm not convinced that one game against the Giants means this defense is back. I think the Browns are too big an underdog here. They keep it close because Nick Chubb does amazing things on the field, and he does it on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he just deserves it. We were rooting for Nick Chubb in this one. But yeah, we're all on the Cincinnati Bengals here as that offense playing some pretty good football.
Speaker 4: Defense played better last.
Speaker 2: Week as well to the Dolphins and the Colts in Indianapolis. Anthony Richardson expected back at quarterbacks. Sorry, Flipper, We're all at least the Colts eighteen to sixteen in this one.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is a meme alert.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking over at a wide receiver now a note on Alec Pierce did miss practice on Thursday, but playing really good football late in games, especially last week. I'm looking up at Joe Flacco throw deep targets to Alec Pierce.
Speaker 4: He's open. They couldn't make the.
Speaker 2: Connection going, but time and time again, Alec Pearce is opened deep. I think either one of these quarterbacks can hit them. And yeah, sometimes Anthony Richardson misses, but when he hits with Pierce, it's good for sake.
Speaker 1: Don't forget age hand. Put him in your lineup. He will be in the end zone. Just don't forget. He wasn't there last time. Then they had a bye week, so this could be some fantasy move. Put him in your lineup right.
Speaker 3: Now, Sneaky big game in the AFC, because I think one of these teams is going to get their act together down the stretch, and if they win this game, the record is looking just find.
Speaker 5: Despite not really playing their best. So one of these teams big game.
Speaker 4: One of these teams will be better after this game.
Speaker 2: Time now for write this down as we get to some predictions for Week seven, as we're glad.
Speaker 4: To have Greg Becken backing to write this down. Game. Give it to the people.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I'm going back over to London at least in terms of my picks.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling great with this right down.
Speaker 3: Drake May is getting over twenty nine and a half rushing yards in this game.
Speaker 5: Here's how the game is gonna go.
Speaker 3: The Jaguars are gonna get quick pressure because they have some very talented pass rushers and the Patriots offensive line is one of the worst units in NFL history. Drake May, who's athletic as hell, is gonna get out of the way and rush for about I'm gonna go fifty sixty yards and I'm gonna give you a free little write this down here.
Speaker 5: I like the over in this game.
Speaker 3: They're going over forty three points to whatever it is Jaguars Patriots, both these defenses struggling. I think it's gonna be a high scoring game. We have a lot of fun in London this week.
Speaker 1: Do you usually make people pay for your write this downs? Anyways, I'm gonna give you both of mine for free. I'm gonna add one too. I think Kyrine Williams scores a touchdown against the Raiders. This one feels like taking money from a baby or king a baby. He's done now in eight straight games. I think we now make it nine. And then also in this game, that guy, that tight end who every time I say he's gonna get in the end zone, he doesn't, And then the one week I don't say he does, he's on the other end of this matchup. He's a rookie. He went to Georgia. I'm not gonna say his name, but he's gonna end up in the en zone.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 1: And that one was also for free, because all of my righte this downs are for free.
Speaker 4: Yes, mine are all free.
Speaker 2: Having experience now with multiple children taking candy from them is a lot more difficult than some people will imagine. But one thing that I don't think is difficult is Jordan Love running for over seven yards against the Houston Texas. I initially saw the number, it was a little bit different, but then when it comes back to me at seven yards, I'm thinking, okay. Jordan Love has run the ball nine times this season. He's gone over seven yards in two of those games. One game he didn't run the ball at all. That was in the opener, and then against Brian Floor. Is this team where he's coming back playing a little hurt. He only runs the ball one time. I think he runs enough to get seven yards and keep my right this down street going.
Speaker 3: I love that one because it can be broken on any play. You just gotta stay locked in opportunity.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: You just gotta keep watching. Everything's gonna be good.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Keep watching us. We'll be back next week.
Speaker 2: Enjoy Week seven and we'll see you and we'll sweep up this confetti.
Speaker 4: Thanks for watching.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up for you, thumbs down for Greg.
Speaker 3: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio
Speaker 3: Visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts,