Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you. Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeart radio podcast.
Speaker 1: The finale of bun Heads.
Speaker 3: It's kind of nuts.
Speaker 1: It's here and if I mean, dare I say it myself, the weirdest finely I've ever seen in my entire lives.
Speaker 4: Does it not just seem like just a regular old episode.
Speaker 1: A regular old episode. There wasn't even a cliffhanger, really, you know, really, and usually you're like, what's gonna happen next?
Speaker 3: There wasn't a cliffhanger. It was way more of a cliffhanger in the mid season finale. I agree it was a great episode. It really was a great episode. I have very little complaints about it. I love that we're really seeing so much more of the girls that I think they found their way when they made it about the girls, but yet Michelle is sort of guiding the girls. I love that the girls followed her to the audition. I love that she didn't get the audition. It's like, that's not even the cliffhanger, right, Like you could have had the cliffhanger, like did she get it? Is she leaving no, she didn't get it, and the whole thing was a big bs ruse with the audition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the weird thing about this episode for me is what, or rather I guess my theory is, I feel like there was at least five more episodes in this season and they just got cut short, like they didn't even.
Speaker 3: Here's what's weird. That isn't actually what happened, So it weird. Eighteen episodes they did them all, and then it was months before we officially got word that the show wasn't coming back, So like that was the cliffhanger, even though it wasn't really, I mean, I get it. It was emotional Ginny revealing like she slept with that she slept with them, Cosette's brother was.
Speaker 1: His name Frankie, Yeah, Frankie.
Speaker 3: And it was dramatic and you really get the you know, her opening up about it because she was the one you didn't think right because you thought it was going to be Sasha or Boo and Michelle's sort of there.
Speaker 4: But then it just was like brother just stopped. It didn't feel like a finale at all, and.
Speaker 1: Boo wasn't even in that closing sequence. The dance sequence said.
Speaker 3: I was wandering that at first, I couldn't even find Sasha.
Speaker 1: Sasha didn't come till the very end, like the very very very at all, I did not see boot. I remember ending the episode being like Boo wasn't even in the end. It was so weird. It was so so weird, but interesting. Fun fact. Amy Sherman Palladina said at Palleyfest that Sutton and Kelly were both on Broadway when she wanted to film the show, and she was able to get Sutting out of her Broadway a deal, but not Kelly. Okay, and so they shot the pilot with someone else as Fanny.
Speaker 4: Who was it?
Speaker 2: Do we know?
Speaker 1: We ought to find out, but she didn't tell them how Amy shem Pala you know, didn't tell the network and they ended up reshooting the pilot with Kelly in it. That's interesting, Yeah, that's juicy.
Speaker 3: And I also wanted to do something sort of special where we say what happened to the people. So Julia, who plays Sasha, she's in a year in the life as what was it? Sandy says, somebody says, do.
Speaker 1: You remember, Yes, I do one sag one sag I think Jackie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sandy says, Sandy says, and then Jinny was also in a Year in the Life she pays, Yeah, so she is one of the girls. Remember there were the town girls sort of in Stars Hollow that were like.
Speaker 1: Rory's friends from high school that we never saw in Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a group of them in the town. She played a girl named Heidi, but there was a group of them in the town that were sort of.
Speaker 1: The young Yeah, I remember a group.
Speaker 4: So she was she was three somethings, thank you, Jackie.
Speaker 3: So she was one of those I sort of wanted to do, like what happened to these people? Obviously we know Sutton Foster went on to do Younger and Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was funny.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just.
Speaker 4: Had to do I want to know what happened to Godot.
Speaker 1: Nathan Parsons, Yeah, that's look of Nathan Parsons fifty.
Speaker 3: Two episodes of Roswell New Mexico, which was a show. It was like the reboot of Roswell. And he did three hundred and seventy six episodes of General Hospital.
Speaker 4: Wow, and you believe that.
Speaker 3: And Jackie wants us to make sure to mention the Originals. I never watched the Originals, but Jackie obviously liked it. Let's find out what became of Who do you want to do next?
Speaker 1: Truly, truly, I mean now, Melanie was also in Boo in the Life. Well, Boo, I'll.
Speaker 3: Get it all to you.
Speaker 1: I need to watch A Year in a Life again now that I've seen Bunhead, so I can point these people out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because you'll see all these people popping up. So she did three episodes of Grey's Anatomy, She is, did an episode of Bull She did, you know, sort of things here and there. But she also was in A Year in the Life. I think she was on the hike with Loralai the wild and they did wildcraft.
Speaker 4: Not my favorite part of it.
Speaker 3: Boo.
Speaker 4: Let me see what happened.
Speaker 1: But I'm I'm on Boo's IMDb, so I will tell you she She's done some things here and there, nothing.
Speaker 3: But nothing really that stands out.
Speaker 1: Nah, she's done a few episodes here and there. The scene what she looks like, No, it's such a trip. I mean, she's gorgeous, but she's.
Speaker 3: Really I don't see any photos. I'm gonna have to look up a photo.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you want me to show you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't know how.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to text this to you so that you can say, oh.
Speaker 3: Cool, yeah, yeah, yeah do that. So Interestingly, Melanie was on Pretty Little Liars for an episode, but she also was in Oppenheimer.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, remember the thing that like on the Oscar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was in Oppenheimer. Hold on, did you do text me o? Good?
Speaker 4: I'm it did Oh?
Speaker 3: I think she looks exactly She.
Speaker 1: Looks exactly the same, but just older, and she's so pretty.
Speaker 3: She's so yeah, but she basically looks a thousand percent the same. Who are we forgetting that? Because we don't need to do the Gilmore Girls people because we kind of know what happened to them? Did we cover everybody? Did I forget anybody? I mean, Cosette would be interesting whatever happened to her. She always looked so familiar to me she is Yeah, It's like, oh my god. Interestingly, she also was on Roswell New Mexico fifty two episodes, so she was on the same thing as Goodo, and she was in the TV series The Perfect Couple Was that? Wait, the Perfect Couple? Was that that thing that Nicole Kidman just did.
Speaker 1: No, that was the perfect wife.
Speaker 4: No, it was the perfect couple.
Speaker 1: You're right, Yeah, okay, you're right.
Speaker 3: Who the heck was she in the perfect couple? Oh my gosh, I don't know who she was, but wow, good one. Okay, well let's see what else do we need to talk about from this? So Sasha and Boo are kind of talking about having sex, and I thought that was funny than reading all the books. Probably all those books were real, obviously, and then they go to the you know, CBS to get their condoms. I thought that was all amusing. The whole episode was amusing. I don't know if I was like super crazy about Sutton Foster's brother in it.
Speaker 1: I loved her brother in it because I thought it was so funny that finally Millie and truly were calling truths and then they realized they like the same guy again like they did with Hubble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I like that they I actually really liked that she gave her the space.
Speaker 1: That was good too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was happy about that, and we sort of had some resolution to that relationship, which would have been interesting to keep watching to see what happened in season two. I would have look, I would have loved the season two of this show because I feel like now it found its way. I would like to know what's happening to all these girls.
Speaker 1: I would be annoyed that what was the season one finale was the season one finale. I would be like, what is this?
Speaker 4: But also okay, so imagine taking you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Like, it's just it's just weird. When you watch a season finale, you will have your popcorn. You're like, I'm not going to get the show for a few more months. This is gonna be juicy. Something's gonna happen, something's going to go.
Speaker 4: Down, and nothing really happened.
Speaker 3: That being said. That being said, I'm telling you I was way more bummed that the show got canceled than I was about the finale.
Speaker 4: I kind of just enjoyed the finale for what it was.
Speaker 1: Did he know it was canceled before the finale or after?
Speaker 3: No, we didn't find out for months, so I sort of was like, oh, I love that show. I wonder when it's coming back, and then you get this, like, you know, I don't remember how we found out. If it was like Entertainment Weekly or one of those type of deals that it was canceled, and I was like, are you kidding me? I just started loving it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bummer Roman's eye Liner's back.
Speaker 3: Yes, they did not take your note for this episode.
Speaker 1: Like before, I was really bummed. I'm like, why why is that coming back again?
Speaker 3: What else happened in this episode just to refresh my memory, was this when they all had the sleepover in the apartment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they basically what ended up happening was all the girls fall asleep except for Boo and Sasha. And Sasha, I mean Boo was like, can we really do face masks that they did? And Sasha basically tells Boo we need to have sex, like we can't wait a year and a half to do it at prom, like we have to do it now while the iron is still hot. I think that's literally what Sasha said.
Speaker 4: The whole thing made me laugh.
Speaker 1: But you know what's kind of funny is I get it, Like, I mean, this is a little personal bit.
Speaker 3: You're giving us some ike feel it coming, You're giving us some juice here about yourself.
Speaker 1: Some juice. No, but like in high school, like all my friends were like, we have to tell each other when we have sex for the first time, like, we just.
Speaker 4: Have to do it. Seems so not a good idea.
Speaker 2: You guys, you never did that.
Speaker 1: We all were like that, when you have sex, you have to tell the group.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, No, that sounds like a terrible thing to do.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we all did that. I must be alone in that.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's quite common. But I think it's quite common.
Speaker 1: Oh a producer, I'm a the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's very common. I think we were just like, no, we're not doing that. My groupfriends was like, we're not doing that.
Speaker 1: It's so so anyway, so some Sha basically is telling Boo, we have to have sex. We have the boyfriends. We like our boyfriends, like, we have to. We have to do this. Otherwise in a year when we're when we're quote unquote saving ourselves to do this, we're we're going to be like not the hot new girlfriend anymore. Essentially, it's kind of what she was saying. But but yeah, I mean, obviously at the end of the episode you alluded to it, Ginny tells me.
Speaker 4: Which was sort of like, right, it was the red herring, like she was the one we weren't expecting.
Speaker 1: We're not expecting. And also I feel so bad for her.
Speaker 2: That was tough.
Speaker 1: We all have liked the bad Boy before where you finally land the bad boy and then you're just sad.
Speaker 3: It was tough. She It was a very good scene because I felt really bad for her and the letter.
Speaker 4: She wrote so good in classic and she's good.
Speaker 2: Luck.
Speaker 4: I feel like he likes her. That's my thing about that guy, though. I feel like he likes her, so I don't.
Speaker 3: I think he hasn't called because he's also kind of like awkward and weird and doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 4: I feel like they would become a thing in season two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, so too bad. I don't know if I like him Virginia anymore. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well now it's kind of like over and weird, but I'm going backwards. But what I did like was Michelle and Cadeau and then Fanny coming in and the brother who episode was good, like this show finally found its way and I say it the whole time, but like, I'm bummed it's over and there's no more. I mean, I'm not as bummed this time as I was when it happened, but It's like, I like the audition. I like the girls running around. I was trying so hard to see what street they were on.
Speaker 1: I was like, they were definitely will Hollywood and Franklin. I don't know, like I thought it looked kind of like Wilsher.
Speaker 4: I know, I kind of thought the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it felt like Hollywood and something to me, oh like Hollywood Boulevard. We were talking about this in the last episode, about where they live, and they gave a time code of an hour and a half away from La so they were You're you're more in the money than I was. I think I lived like about o Hi. Yeah, well, yeah, I guess OHI isn't about an hour and a half away.
Speaker 3: Because they mentioned oh Hi because remember when they weren't going to use.
Speaker 1: That's where that dance competition was, and there was something that was coming supposed to be at Fanny's when they fixed up the studio and it was going to OHI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the because so obviously Ohai is supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be like Jeffrey School auditions.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so we kind of know Paradise is sort of supposed to be.
Speaker 4: To me, it's sort of like near Ventura, area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, you're right. You're right on about that Camrio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's that little town that sort.
Speaker 1: Of Carpenteria is what I was thinking about.
Speaker 3: But Camerio's well, remember I think they go to Camerio. They drive there for some reason. It's kind of near Santa barbar I feel like they're kind of in ner O Hi. It's a made up town right.
Speaker 4: Near Ohi on the ocean.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, how are you feeling about it being over?
Speaker 1: I'm cool with it being over.
Speaker 4: I don't see I care.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I'm not going to say I didn't like the series. I did like the series. I thought it was I thought it was you know, I thought it was good. I still stand by I wouldn't have watched it episode four, So there's that I wouldn't have gotten to the good part of the show that we're experiencing now. But you know, you know, I thought it was great, and then I'm okay that it's gone.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's interesting are you watching it.
Speaker 3: I did not think that early episodes were as good as I think I did the first time. I think the second half is probably a really good show that I would have liked to keep watching, and I think I'm kind of bummed went away. I could have watched a couple more years of this.
Speaker 4: Ye just saying.
Speaker 3: That didn't happen. That did not happen. So that is bunheads. We didn't even know we're ending it, like kind of the way they ended this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I will just get some golf collaps to Setton Foster for this episode. I mean it's her shining moment in the sense of this is what she does. She's a Broadway star.
Speaker 3: She's Yeah, she got a big performance in it. Yeah, what was the song she sang? It was kind of a song. We all know what was the song? She say, hmm, I forget come on, some kind of song we know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know she was gonna.
Speaker 3: Do lames and the dudes like, don't do lame? Is Oh, come on, she sings the song. I knew the words. I was like, d whatever, we.
Speaker 4: Don't find out.
Speaker 1: We'll find out. Maybe Jackie and mL for chatting, you can let us know.
Speaker 4: But do you give the series overall?
Speaker 1: That's a kind of a question overall, like over overall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you were writing the whole series.
Speaker 1: I give it a c. No way overall. Half half of the series was not good.
Speaker 3: All right, I see, I give it a solid like B plus. I thought it was totally enjoyable. It was.
Speaker 1: Second half was enjoyable. But you said overall, which means you have to account for the first half.
Speaker 3: I yes, I think I didn't dislike the first half as much as you did.
Speaker 1: We should Let's take all the songways.
Speaker 3: If you could see me now, dun dun dun dun dun du Oh, but my friends, god see me now?
Speaker 1: You should have been said Foster. Let's let's ask everyone listening to give us their rating. Are you on the C, say the spectrum or the B plus or A or D anywhere?
Speaker 3: D too low?
Speaker 4: That's too low. It's no D. It's a B.
Speaker 3: It's a total B. Come on, you gave it too low.
Speaker 4: But this made me.
Speaker 1: Feel like you should give ze Sweet another shot.
Speaker 4: No, that was not good.
Speaker 1: But we thought the first episodes of Bunheads was not good.
Speaker 3: True, But I only have the time I have and I'm gearing up for two weeks from today for parenthood.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough? Yeah? So, I mean the reason why we're not coming to you guys next week is Tara and Susan are taking over from the Weekend in the.
Speaker 3: The reporting live from the Weekend in the Life. And so you've got two weeks to watch the first episode of Parenthood.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm ready for it. I love these kinds of shows.
Speaker 3: Here's what I'm gonna say. We're gonna do it sort of a different type of rewatch for Parenthood because we weren't in it. We're not you know what I mean, Like, we don't have like that kind of knowledge. So tune in because we're going to bring you a very interesting take on parenthood. Tell me, tell me feel fine? Should we just not going to tell you now? I'm going to say that some people are surprised.
Speaker 1: Do I need a prep in a different way? Or should I just watch it? Like how I watch watch it?
Speaker 4: How you watch?
Speaker 3: Just watch it?
Speaker 4: How you watch Okay, I'll take it from there. All right.
Speaker 1: If this isn't a tease, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Right, it's almost as good as our call her Daddy teas.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is the last time we're ever going to say this. Bunhead's out.
Speaker 3: Bunheads out.
Speaker 2: Us dot
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, and don't forget follow us on Instagram at i Am all In Podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.